Speaker 1: Hey, there, folks, it is Sunday, November the ninth. Then Gallaine Maxwell in her own words, but some folks are pissed we are hearing these words at all, and with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and Tjbes.
Speaker 2: She just won't go away.
Speaker 3: I mean, we people can't get enough.
Speaker 1: This wasn't supposed, This isn't even a feel like it would be a big deal, But it's making headlines because Galaine Maxwell's personal emails have now made it out into the public. And this is some fascinating stuff, including she was keeping an eye on Biddy's trial as well. Just one of the funny I say, funny but interesting little things in her emails.
Speaker 4: Look, there's so much mystery surrounding her, her role in the whole Jeffrey Epstein scandal. She's denied any involvement in any criminal activity, but certainly we have so many of these young women saying very different things. And obviously she was found guilty, convicted, spending twenty years behind bars. She is a convicted period, Yes, a convicted child molester or you know, she is the worst of the worst and not a woman that most people want in this low security prison camp.
Speaker 1: So to speak and can she be the only she is a type of offender like this at that place. People in there for financial.
Speaker 4: Crime, nonviolent offenders at this facility. And so a lot has been leaked about what her life is like, the treatment she's getting, and there are now allegations about special treatment, VIP treatment, and certainly her just being in that facility in and of itself hasn't been.
Speaker 3: Hasn't been answered, it's.
Speaker 1: Never been explained. Never she did the interviews that weekend, she got moved and.
Speaker 2: That's the end of the story.
Speaker 4: And when you hear how she describes where she is now, it's gonna piss people off because and it's certainly pissing off the other inmates who have spoken and though and a few who have spoken out have been moved, have been have been taken out of this apparently posh facility and moved to harsher facilities. So people inside the prison now are afraid to even talk about what it's like with her there, how she's being treated, what they've witnessed, what they've noticed, And so now there is some real there are some real questions by Congress and.
Speaker 3: They have, yes, they've gotten their hands on these emails.
Speaker 1: You said, allegations about like special treatment or suggestions about how nice the place is or whatever. Oh she is confirmed it now, she has explained in these emails. Yeah, go pretty good here.
Speaker 4: Yes, so my situation is improved by being at Brian. But I wanted to read this one was sent in August, so shortly after she was moved.
Speaker 1: Again, how we explained how we're getting these. Essentially, this is about a congressional investigation.
Speaker 4: Congressional investigation, so they were able to somehow, and we don't know how they got their hands on her private personal emails, but somehow NBC News did as well. So NBC News is now releasing the contents of these emails, much to the chagrin of her lawyer and her family members who were writing these emails back and forth with her. They're extremely upset about it. And but man, they do lift the veil and they are fascinating.
Speaker 1: Do I have right though you're not. Are you entitled to any privacy as a federal inmate? Don't they monitor all your phone calls? Don't they monitor everything you do electronically? This is not necessarily a VI excuse I'm saying, what a suggestion they monitor you so correct, they might be.
Speaker 4: Pissed, but exactly, and everything as an inmate, you know you do say is obviously subject to being heard, recorded, acknowledged and used against you. I mean, that's just that's prison, one on one. Not that I would know, but I would think if you were an inmate, you should know that by now. I want some privacy here, please, I'd like to have a private phone call. Yes, And I do believe if you're speaking to your lawyer. I don't know if there's some sort of privilege there, but if you're putting it in an email using a prison computer, I do think you might lose that benefit.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: This is from Glene to one of her relatives. They didn't distinguish which one sent on August eighth. Brian is a different beast in every possible respet It is a well managed, well run institution with an excellent warden who leads from the top. She is a true professional and the best representative of the BOP I have met.
Speaker 3: The food is.
Speaker 4: Legions better, the place is clean, the staff responsive and polite.
Speaker 3: This is my favorite.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen or heard the usual foul language or screaming accompanied by threats leveled at inmates by anyone. I have not seen a single fight, drug deal, passed out person, or naked inmate running around, or several of them congregating in a shower exclamation point. In other words, I feel like I have dropped through Alice in Wonderland's looking glass. I am much happier here and more importantly safe. So yes, everyone can breathe a sigh.
Speaker 2: That sounds better than our apartment building. Jesus. Every once in a round we see a naked dude outside.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: And you know what, when people really reacted to that, they got even more upset when they read another email to her attorney.
Speaker 3: So this one is to Maxwell's attorney. This was just in September.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm cure, how does that work?
Speaker 1: A correspondence between her and her attorney yep, is put out publicly yep, and me as doesn't matter. They're not discussing a legal case, is it okay?
Speaker 2: I wonder?
Speaker 4: No, they are discussing how they're handling their legal case, though, which is interesting. So, and that's why this has This email in particular, has drawn the ire of a lot of folks and has some members of Congress asking more questions and wanting more answers, so Glaine writes to her attorney September sixteenth. Hello, I spoke to the warden about the problem with the mail, telling her the documents have not arrived yet. We're now on day seven. I explained, we have a deadline that hinges on the Supreme Court, and I was hoping to have two turns of the document before it files with the court, possibly as soon as the end of the month.
Speaker 3: Her creative solution.
Speaker 4: Was that you em scan it to her and she will scan back my changes exclamation point. Of course, that is fantastic as it saves us days and days. I assume you're fine with this. So criminal defense attorney's point, who have clients in that same facility at FPC. Brian says, this should never happen. The warden does not help inmates figure out issues with correspondence with legal briefings or.
Speaker 3: With your lawyers.
Speaker 4: So he said it like this, It would be like the head of a large corporation of a manufacturing plant regularly having contact with people on the assembly line.
Speaker 3: He just doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: You would call that person a good CEO.
Speaker 1: Good CEOs hands on one of the people. I don't know this warden at all as a woman, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's slaves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know at all.
Speaker 1: Now, the one you read previous almost sounded like she wanted it to get out publicly.
Speaker 2: She was praising her in such.
Speaker 1: A way that like, wait a minute, she trying to make sure this message is seen by someone.
Speaker 2: That was a little effusive.
Speaker 4: Correct, correct, And so Congress now looking into those emails. In addition to a Wall Street Journal article last month that described the commendations that Glene has, that she has visitors and other perks, She has meals sent to her room, she doesn't have to go down and eat with everyone else, late night workouts, her ability to shower after other inmates are already in bed for the night.
Speaker 3: So there are a lot of inmates.
Speaker 4: This is what they are telling the Wall Street Journal and other outlets, that she is getting to do things that other inmates aren't able to do.
Speaker 1: But does it make any sense that they're doing that for her safety and not for just her convenience.
Speaker 4: That would be the justification, but it still certainly doesn't look right and smell right to a lot of other folks who are watching this.
Speaker 2: So your point, Yes, that is correct.
Speaker 1: If I heard the warden say it having her here has been so disruptive to our population that we're keeping her away, And didn't we hear at some point other inmates didn't want anything to do with the want to be around here.
Speaker 4: Well, there was somebody who actually fired a shot, and other inmates were actually concerned about their own safety.
Speaker 3: They've had to add security.
Speaker 4: They've had to put back up a black tarp that they had taken down so inmates were able to look out beyond the barbed wire and the gates, and now they can't because they've had to They've had to make significant adjustments and security and certain like logistics because Gleen is there, so certain perks that the inmates had they don't have anymore. And that's certainly interesting. But yes, you mentioned the other emails. There were some other just interesting ones. She was voicing frustration with the media and with other people, perhaps fellow inmates, selling rubbish stories and making money from their lives.
Speaker 3: We understand that frustration.
Speaker 2: Well, you can imagine you're in there.
Speaker 1: You have access to the person that everybody wants access to, Glaane Maxwell. You just looking at her walking through the place somebody would pay money to have that information.
Speaker 4: The Wall Street Journal admitted that they sent I believe one hundred letters or emails to inmates trying to get information about.
Speaker 3: What the situation was like there.
Speaker 4: So, yes, there are active reporting going on where they are trying to get other inmates to talk about what it's like with Glene.
Speaker 2: How many responses that they get from the.
Speaker 4: They had quite a few in their article. Some were named, some were unnamed, but certainly, yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Was really the inmates are bringing their name on them.
Speaker 4: The one who did got moved next day, she once, once it was published. Within days, her lawyer said she was moved to a harsher facility for speaking out or for at least speaking to the media.
Speaker 3: And so that is interesting.
Speaker 1: And here's my question, Yeah, are you not allowed to do that as an inmate or do you have to get permission to do it as an inmate, because of course we have inmates to interviews from the jail house all the time.
Speaker 3: But one so it's interesting you asked that.
Speaker 4: So Representative Jamie Raskin of Maryland, he's one of the ones who's made an inquiry about this VIP treatment and about the Washington Journal, sorry, the Wall Street Journal article, and he specifically talked about the retaliation that these inmates have been threatened with if they speak about Maxwell to the media.
Speaker 3: And so here's what he said.
Speaker 4: While prison officials may limit inmates' First Amendment rights to preserve security and order, you have provided no such justification for why prison security requires a Gallaine Maxwell gag order. And he wrote that to the prison camp warden, who we've been talking.
Speaker 1: About a Glaim Maxwell gag order, I don't know what they're allowed to do.
Speaker 4: And so Representative Raskin has actually given Warden Hall a deadline November thirteenth, So next Thursday, he's saying, you need to provide documentation to Congress and coordinate a visit with me to speak so that we can go and speak with inmates about their experiences. So now members of Congress want to go to this facility in Texas to speak directly with inmates so that they can actually understand whether or not Maxwell is getting unfair VIP treatment.
Speaker 3: This is where we are right now.
Speaker 4: Our government is shut down, we have flights being canceled, we have workers missing a full month's pay. But we're going to have members of Congress travel to Texas to interview inmates to see if Galaiine Maxwell is getting special treatment.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't put that together. Yea.
Speaker 1: But when you put all you and you say that out loud, give me a break. I know how important some but if it's the most important thing to make sure she doesn't have a plush blanket in prison, that's low on the list.
Speaker 2: Of priorities right now. Don't don't.
Speaker 1: Don't get pissed that she's there. Find out why she's there before you go talk to other And what is the point of this?
Speaker 3: It's politics?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: But this is because you win points by saying I'm going after Glaine mat No, no, no, they're not even going Yes, they are going after her.
Speaker 4: Yes, well they're going after the special treatment that is alleged to have been given to her by the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: Ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 4: So obviously, just to point out for everyone, just a quick refresher, but I'm sure you need no refreshing that Glaine was moved within days of speaking to Assistant Attorney General Todd Blanche. She gave that two day, nine hour session where she gave all the information she says she had about Epstein's clients. Interestingly, again, if you don't remember, she had wonderful things to say say about President Trump and the fact that he never acted in any way untoward towards any of the girls, that he was a gentleman, and woila he She within days is then moved to this posh prison camp.
Speaker 3: I say posh, but cush whatever.
Speaker 1: She she praised Trump about as much as she praised as warden. This woman is a survivor. I mean nah, but some of the words she reserved for this warden. And I remember she didn't just have to say I didn't see Trump do anything wrong or illegal.
Speaker 2: I think he's a wonderful leader. He's done so impressive what he's done.
Speaker 1: She went a little far, but he's the Is he now her only option for getting out of prison?
Speaker 4: Yes? And you can understand why now some of these Democrats are going after this because they see this as a way to keep the Jeffrey Epstein conversation in the zeitgeist, and that doesn't bear well for Trump, and so at least that's what they're hoping that it makes Trump look because all the connections between Trump and Jeffrey Epstein, so they can keep this story alive, the more emails they can get a visit down there to show, Hey, we're gonna make sure that this inmate isn't getting special treatment by the Trump administration.
Speaker 3: That is what this is all about.
Speaker 1: Uh okay, I hear everything you're saying. I can't disagree with. But when we started this, my head wasn't there. I was thinking, oh, yeah, these things are come out. It's a little interesting, but you piece it all together. And when you said shut down, that was the part that stings. We are what forty day forty now longest in history, snap benefits, dried up people are struggling. Is anybody in Middle America given a god damn whether or not she's getting a smoothie every morning or just a shower by herself. Look, I know who the families, and they don't want her to have something nice, to have a luxury life if you will, behind bars.
Speaker 2: But right now.
Speaker 3: I hear you on the timing.
Speaker 4: I do think people care, if people of power and people a position. This was a woman who was wildly wealthy and had so much, and I know she had some a downfall of her father, but she was raised in how many bedrooms of a house like fifty something something room. So you have this very powerful woman who now is getting it seems as though she's getting preferential treatment. And there's nothing that people hate more than that.
Speaker 1: Even behind bars, they are living privileged lives. That's important, that's worth looking into, that is worth noting for a person who who is convicted now doing some of the most monstrous things you can imagine, which is abusive children.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly, and that her fellow inmates feel the same way because they actually don't want to be associated with be around someone who committed a crime like that. They don't feel like they're they should be subjected to being around someone like that.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I guess if I say to everybody right now, heye, folks, quick, who are the two most famous inmates in the country, you would probably come up with the two names, certainly Gallainne Maxwell and the other Sean Diddy Combs. And apparently we all weren't the only ones keeping an eye on that trial. We'll tell you what Gallaine Maxwell had to say about Didty, his trial and his sentence. All right, folks, will continue now. Gleaine Maxwell apparently is living it up in prison and Congress wants to do something about it. Yes, we've been talking about her emails being released now, some interesting stuff in there, but she certainly made clear in some of these emails that have now been released that things are going better for in this low minimum security prison.
Speaker 2: What do you call it prison club?
Speaker 4: Mech club effet is what it's called club fed And I actually wanted so. Gallaine's attorney has been dealing with a bunch of incoming now with folks upset about these emails, and they're upset that they've been released. It's unclear how the House Committee these emails, and it's absolutely unclear how NBC News got these emails, so that is unknown. But her family has spoken out they're very upset about the fact that their private emails have now been made public, which I get, and her attorney also said the same thing.
Speaker 3: But I did appreciate this line.
Speaker 4: He said, it's time to get over the fact that she is in a safer facility. We should want that for everyone. What do you say, that's a hard thing to refute that.
Speaker 2: Period point blank?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, fine, but yeah, there's a there's a lot of inmates who are deserving of that.
Speaker 2: Why does she get it exactly.
Speaker 4: And look, we've heard complaints she was complaining about in her previous facility, the food, the fighting, the fear that she had.
Speaker 3: She talked about how.
Speaker 4: Disgusting the situation and her living conditions were very similar to what we heard from Sean Diddy Combs.
Speaker 2: Did you say, fear, food, and fighting.
Speaker 3: Pretty much the three f's you don't want to be around.
Speaker 1: I've never been in prison, but if you asked me to describe it those I would have described that people are usually scared and the food socks.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't, okay exactly.
Speaker 4: I felt like we heard the exact same thing from Didty, though he was complaining about the food, and that does not again, doesn't make other people see these folks of privilege who've probably had Michelin star meals their entire lives, complaining about the rubber chicken they're getting in prison.
Speaker 1: Okay, but he was at MBC in Brooklyn. That's a notorious facility.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it was easy, yes, but we did. Among the many emails that we got from Glenda, we were able to see there was an excerpt from one where apparently Gahlene Maxwell was following the Sean Diddy Cums trial.
Speaker 3: Just like the rest of us.
Speaker 2: She was probably listening to our podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm sure she was, Yes, so she she was paying attention. She wrote this in an email. What an interesting sentence for ditty exclamation point.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Would she write that one too?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know, but that's so bizarre to me, like she's almost being cheeky about his sentence, comparing his to hers.
Speaker 3: Maybe obviously she had a much longer sentence.
Speaker 1: That is the one in all the emails, you've say, and that was just a short little line, little qui. Of all of them, that was the one I would like to follow up with her about. So tell me, what did you really think?
Speaker 3: Do you think he deserved all that time behind bars?
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess, look, there aren't similarities, and yet there are still sex crimes involved. Just yeah, very different. But maybe some people might say no, so it is. I guess it would make sense that maybe she wanted to see what a jury would throw at him versus what she was faced with. Because her attorney, her family members, she all, they all claim she did nothing wrong.
Speaker 3: She's been fighting this whole time.
Speaker 4: But remember in October, the Supreme Court declined to hear her appeal. So that email that we saw her sending to her lawyer where the warden was helping her with all of yeah, that material or at least getting it expedited, that was all in preparation for this Supreme Court appeal that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: And that is it for her. There is no more, there's no legal avenue she is pursuing at this point. The Supreme Court say, when you're trying to hear the appeals are.
Speaker 4: Done exactly, So presidential clemency is her only option at this point. Right now, her projected release date is twenty thirty seven. So and look, the latest wee for from Trump is still up in the air. He's kept the Diddy thing going, and he's kept the Gleane Maxwell thing going because right shut it down, No, because of he didn't. Right after the Supreme Court made their decision not to hear her appeal, he told reporters he would speak with the Justice Department and quote would have to take a look at whether he would consider a pardon.
Speaker 1: He hasn't shut They refuted a TMZ report that he was going to pardon Didty, but they didn't say no he won't be partning Didty. He has not said no, I won't be pardoning Gleaine Maxwell. Why maybe he but this you have to come to the conclusion he's considering it.
Speaker 2: It's not off the table.
Speaker 4: Oh, I absolutely agree. He one hundred percent is considering it. If he didn't want to do it, if he wasn't going to do it, he would tell us. He's a pretty straight shooter when it comes to that kind of thing. If he doesn't want to do something, he will tell you he's.
Speaker 1: Deciding and what this means to him, what it does for him. Which one would hurt him more politically?
Speaker 4: I think Glamee Maxwell would hurt him more significantly. I think he could pardon Diddy and UHL and feel like a lot of folks might say that was the right thing to do. He spent a little bit of time in prison, but now he shouldn't have to serve the rest of it out.
Speaker 3: So I actually don't think that would hurt him very much at all.
Speaker 2: Make a good point, but I don't.
Speaker 4: I was shocked. I have to say I was shocked when he did not shoot that down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, internet might explode if he pardoned.
Speaker 4: So then the question becomes why would he write? And that's when people start.
Speaker 2: To really, why would he?
Speaker 3: Why would he?
Speaker 4: And the and the reasoning behind it, people would say, is that he knows Galaine knows something, and she's being cool and praising him and saying all the right things because she knows.
Speaker 3: He knows that she knows. But that's just what some folks say.
Speaker 4: Clearly, no one can possibly know what really has gone on between those two, but it does. It is a head scratcher that he has not come out and said we're done. I am not pardoning her, but we shall see and we will certainly keep our eye on all of this. We thank you for listening to us on this Sunday. I'm Amy Roboch alongside TJ.
Speaker 3: Holmes. We'll talk to you soon.