Speaker 1: It's Burga Jeffrey, and here it is on the weekend. You're with us, and we love that, I truly do.
Speaker 2: We got back to back classics for you to enjoy. So just a little bit extra long episode on Saturday you can listen to while being productive doing nothing or we don't really know what you guys are up to.
Speaker 1: When you're hearing that falling asleep that seems.
Speaker 3: To be the number one use is Yes, I do have a comment from m Broc who said, listening while sitting at the hospital doing my three hour glucas test glucos test for gestational diabetes on a Saturday morning, thanks for being here with me.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 1: That liquid you have to drink, I am so sorry. It's kind of liked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like melted popsicles, but thicker and sweeter.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, yay, I'm tasting it right now at the hospital with It's not it's not great, but you know, stay with it.
Speaker 1: Ed, Hey, good luck on the pregnancy. That's so exciting. Thanks for being with us. You're back to back classics start right now.
Speaker 5: It can be hard to recap an entire first date in just a sentence or two, but today we spoke with a listener whose whole night could be summed up by the little drawing he attempted to make on a cocktail napkin. Oh cute, well it would be, but the drawing did not go the way he planned, and neither did the rest of his night. You're going to understand why when you hear what he was attempting to doodle for her in a brand new second date update coming up right after this Brook and.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey in the morning Second Date updates.
Speaker 5: I feel good that we're like an adoptive home for lonely single men and women until they eventually find their permanent homes and leave the nest. Yeah, and the loveless stray that we're bringing in today. His name is Luke again for a second time, because Luke has actually been on the show before.
Speaker 1: We've had a lot of return people lately.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. That's why we're in the sixth place. Always come and like a pigeon, you just keep coming around. Last time Luke was on, he was irritating a young woman by posting a photo of them together onto his Instagram, but didn't ask her permission to post it first.
Speaker 2: Why it is what she didn't like her look because he didn't use a filter exactly right.
Speaker 5: So, like I said, lessons have been learned, Luke, do you know better now? Pictures are in no no, only post videos of them without all of It's.
Speaker 2: Fine if you use the right filter. Don't you remember that whole segment.
Speaker 3: He's not with her now, so he's got to delete the photo.
Speaker 5: Louke, you're in a better place.
Speaker 7: Though now, Yeah, I am. I am better now. I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but I am not going to make that.
Speaker 5: Misga Okay, get in trouble.
Speaker 1: I love when you say you're better but you're back with us.
Speaker 5: Well, it's good because apparently there's a new woman, a better woman that we're trying to track down for you tell us about her.
Speaker 7: So the name is lisader Hey, and lately I've been trying a new strategy. Okay, I try and let the person know who I am. I mean, because if they know who I am, then it'll be a lot harder to ghost me, at least I would think harder.
Speaker 1: To ghost you.
Speaker 5: Hold on, what do you mean who I am?
Speaker 1: What it just means as a person?
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, that's also a good point.
Speaker 7: I mean, because you know how like first dates are, they want to know, like, what's your job? What do you do for a living?
Speaker 5: You're trying to not keep it so surface, You're diving a little bit deeper early on into the dat's.
Speaker 1: The essence of who you are as a person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So how did you accomplish that with Lisa?
Speaker 7: Well, one of the things that I like anybody that I'm dating to know is that, I mean that used to be in a bandol. Yeah, I mean I try and do like a funny lead up into the date and give them hints about my musical talent.
Speaker 5: You'll just tell them straight out that I was in a band. How did we get a load for brand?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 5: You're in a band?
Speaker 1: Why would you just not tell her?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean that's not really fun. I mean there's there's no mystery behind it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So one's dropping hints for you obviously, I don't know how how do you drop a hint?
Speaker 5: What's your tactic?
Speaker 7: Okay? So what I did at dinner when I was with her was that I drew a picture of a microphone on a napkin.
Speaker 5: H Okay, you were.
Speaker 1: Like, wow, you know she's talking to you.
Speaker 7: It wasn't like I was completely ignoring her. I mean, you know I can walk into them at the same time.
Speaker 1: Did she know it was a microphone? Did she pick up on your hint?
Speaker 8: She didn't really say anything.
Speaker 7: She just kind of gave me a look.
Speaker 2: I mean, the shape of that is not just yeah, it's a shape that can be mistake.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I tried to put like dots on the top of it to show it with a microphone.
Speaker 5: Okay, she's not getting it.
Speaker 1: You never clarified.
Speaker 7: No, I didn't want to blow the surprise. Ironically, Okay, I still want to guess.
Speaker 5: This is a night long game of charades.
Speaker 3: She doesn't know she's playing dictionary, Jeff Pictionary.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 7: So then later on I did. I played something for her on the jukebox, A little maclamore, I'm gonna pop some tags.
Speaker 1: It's how is that a hint that you're in a band?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 7: I thought it would be, but I just kept telling her, do you like this? Do you like that?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe she thinks you're just kind of random because your attempts at giving your hands were bad.
Speaker 1: You're not even currently in the band, right.
Speaker 5: Well, that this is an old story, the essence of who he is from his youth. Don't listen to them, Luke. What happened next?
Speaker 7: Okay, well, we finished our drinks and I was like, I have to take you somewhere for dinner. Do you trust me?
Speaker 1: Oh god?
Speaker 6: Okay, how did that draw?
Speaker 7: She said?
Speaker 5: What did she say?
Speaker 7: She said? No? Yeah, she got in my car anyways.
Speaker 1: Okay, someone needs to teach her.
Speaker 2: That's it does sound like an Alexis move where you just want to people know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, where'd you go for dinner?
Speaker 7: I drove it to my place, and you know, I had dinner there waiting. I also had my karaoke set up, and oh.
Speaker 5: This is where she's gonna find This is another hint.
Speaker 1: You're gonna karaoke just the two of you and your That sounds fun.
Speaker 5: Broke, leave them alone.
Speaker 7: So I wound up seeing the Maclamore song to her while she ate visual Why are we.
Speaker 6: Even calling her?
Speaker 1: Oh buddy?
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe she liked it.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, we're teasing you a lot, but maybe she liked it.
Speaker 7: She did clap after the song.
Speaker 1: Oh like it? She find out you're in a band, Maclamore?
Speaker 5: Does that come up?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, brother. When I was driving her home, I did try one more at hand, and so I did try and play another surprise song, which was Maclamore again.
Speaker 1: Was it thrift Shop again or a different song?
Speaker 7: I mean, I really like drift Shop.
Speaker 1: It was If this works out, that's your song. Is a couple.
Speaker 7: That everything?
Speaker 5: Okay? Did you end with a hug, a kiss, anything like that?
Speaker 7: Hug?
Speaker 1: Did she mention anything about seeing you again.
Speaker 7: Or did not? I'm curious.
Speaker 1: You're curious.
Speaker 5: Okay, have you hit her? But I think we all are, so Yeah, you've been on with us before. You know how this works. We're gonna call her and ask why she doesn't appreciate a brave, courageous man who's willing to just be himself and give her a live musical perform. It's during dinner.
Speaker 2: I mean, we could talk to her, or we could just play Maclamore for.
Speaker 5: I do have a thought about what music to bump in and we come back. I don't want to which one it's gonna be, though, I mean, nobody guess.
Speaker 1: I'm not guessing.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're gonna come back and do it with your second date update right after we pop some.
Speaker 6: Tags broke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date updates.
Speaker 5: I pulled thrift Shop the knockoff karaoke version off the internet for this because I picture this is what Luke sang to his date Lisa while she ate dinner at his place.
Speaker 1: I can't believe we haven't asked for a sample from Luke. Yeah it skill?
Speaker 5: Well, I think that's that's reserved for his romantic serenades, got it. I don't want to confuse that that all really happened. But Luke, we never asked you. Did you dance for her while you sang?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm sure Luke has choreography, don't you, Luke?
Speaker 7: I like from left to right, side to side?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, Now that the whole point of doing all of this, this fun, mystery, creative date that you set up, was to let Lisa know that you used to be in a band so that she could get to know the real you. You forgot to actually tell her that, so.
Speaker 1: Forget it, and then it never came up.
Speaker 5: So that my question now is, if we do get Lisa on the line, do you want us to tell her that information or should we save it for you?
Speaker 7: No? I think I still want to tell her. I think that was the whole point. I thought we should just follow through.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm still confused how the knowledge of you previously being in a band really opens up who you are. It just sounds like maybe you think that that's what Chick's like.
Speaker 5: Well, it is true. I mean, alexis a guy who's formerly in a band, come on and returning.
Speaker 3: Performing in his groage for his mom.
Speaker 7: Wow off.
Speaker 1: Somewhere right because he's again.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, if Lisa says no, then Alexis is on deck. But let's call it Lisa first. Here we go, he will Hey is this Lisa? Yeah, Hey Lisa. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Sorry to interrupt your day.
Speaker 8: Okay, Uh, what's this about?
Speaker 1: Great question?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we uh, it's about a thing that we do call the second Date Update.
Speaker 10: Uh huh.
Speaker 5: And we also play music, no big lover. We take requests if you have any Let's do a shout out on the radio right now. Ah no, no, okay, we call you for shout out. Yeah that's fine, But back to the second Date update thing. We do not sure if you're familiar, but you went out with one of our listeners recently a friend of the show, actually one of our more talented friends named Luke.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it was a pretty memorable night with Luke.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, what did he tell you about the date? It was? I mean full of surprises, lots of surprises, lots of fun. There was drinks, you went back to his place, he had dinner ready for you, and then even performed a song live, which we all thought most guys would never go through. With all of that for just a first date, we were pretty impressed.
Speaker 7: We're wondering he didn't tell you anything else.
Speaker 5: I mean, well, I felt like a lot.
Speaker 2: He did tell us that, like going back to his place was a surprise, and I don't know how that felt to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, normally normally I was not right.
Speaker 5: But you did go back with him and got in his car because I think you probably got the same vibe that we got speaking to him, that he's a good dude, and he sounds like he went through a lot of trouble to make this date really fun and different.
Speaker 7: Well, truth be told, I was very hungry.
Speaker 1: Oh you're hungry.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I get it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I make court decisions. You're like a safety But.
Speaker 5: He had food ready for you. That must be nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Was it a good dinner that he made?
Speaker 8: His parents were there?
Speaker 5: Oh, now at his place, that's why dinner was ready.
Speaker 1: He didn't, and I guess it's not his place. J Just oh, okay, he take you back to his parents' house. Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 8: I'm guessing that was his parents' house. Here's the thing I was eating.
Speaker 11: His parents were not eating.
Speaker 1: Weird you're sitting at the table with all of them.
Speaker 10: No, it was set up like a kid had set it up to perform in front of his parents.
Speaker 5: Like a living room. To say what I was, but it was how did you know?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 1: Okay he left that detail out. We did not get any information about his mom and dad.
Speaker 8: Big, big, important, very important.
Speaker 5: Okay. Well, personally I would have felt more safe having his parents there. They're like the chaperones of your date to make sure everything goes well. The way, if he wants a drink too, right, Yeah, someone's gotta drive you back.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 7: I did not feel that way. I felt like it was super weird.
Speaker 5: Well, look, I get it for some people. I understand parents on a date that's a red flag for others, it's not well some for you, it's not a big deal, and that that might be where Luke stands, and we should probably ask him about it, because he is on the other line right now waiting to talk to you, Lisa, She says, shocking, right, Lukey.
Speaker 10: There, Yeah, Hi, For the record, is my place. It's just that, because we were already out, I asked my parents to.
Speaker 7: Make dinner and have it ready. How else was I going to make sure that everything was ready for you?
Speaker 1: Okay, if you live with your parents, that's okay. You don't have to lie.
Speaker 7: I didn't lie. They have a cute to my place, and they come over and make dinner all the time.
Speaker 5: It's nice, and.
Speaker 1: They sat and hung out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why didn't you kick come out that this isn't a bad thing, Lisa. This is a guy who has a very good relationship with his mom and dad. No, well, I'm sorry it did Okay tell me this? Did you or did you not clap? After his performance?
Speaker 8: His parents flap louder?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, tell us all of this part.
Speaker 5: It would have helped us if we had known your parents were there.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, I kind of holded up like a performance restaurant kind of thing. They were just going to help.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're at your home. Your parents played restaurant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, at least they didn't play doctors.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He's got a fun, youthful spirit to him and that can't be broken.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is.
Speaker 2: You are a really nice guy. I think maybe you just need to be more upfront with people.
Speaker 7: Okay, Lisa, did you not like Maclamore?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 7: Macimore is not the issue.
Speaker 8: The whole date was the issue that was weird. I think anybody would would think that that whole situation was weird.
Speaker 7: When I was singing, did I have the music up a little bit too loud? You know, because I wanted, like, you know, really high for for energy.
Speaker 11: You're not listening to at all?
Speaker 2: It wasn't.
Speaker 11: It wasn't.
Speaker 5: That might need to be more specific.
Speaker 7: So my parents dinner was pretty bad. My mom makes.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, maybe it's just an off night for the cooking.
Speaker 1: The castro didn't hit like it was supposed to.
Speaker 11: I think that you need to learn what self awareness is.
Speaker 5: That's a good thing. I don't know that mac onemore songs, so maybe he should look get out.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna pop some.
Speaker 5: Disgusted yeah.
Speaker 8: That part.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, bottom line, Lisa, we all agree Luke's a good guy. His tactics are a little unconventional, but that's just what makes him so unique and special. And clearly his parents would approve of going out with you again. We all approve of it. It's just up to you. We would pay for another date if you say yes.
Speaker 11: Listen, you're gonna be a nice guy and still be a weirdo and enough so that No, I do not want to go out again.
Speaker 5: That was a little too harsh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, what if I play a different maclamore song.
Speaker 5: I'm sure that there's another lady who appreciates Macklamore and your musical talents and you'll meet her soon.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah already.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's so many.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he keeps refreshing.
Speaker 6: Broken Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Oh, I really feel like that lady doesn't deserve him. No, he was I'm sorry. Luke was a good guy who puts effort into his dates. Wants ladies to get to know the real him.
Speaker 1: Jeff he doesn't like. All he wants ladies to know is that he was used to be in a band like.
Speaker 2: He wasn't honest about anything about his life.
Speaker 5: That's who he is, dis honest. I don't hate on him for his truth so much. I don't care how long I have to wait by the text board for a woman to text in the actually is willing to appreciate him. But how hard can this be? He checks all of the boxes, He's close with his parents, he does napkin art, he used to be in a band.
Speaker 1: Nobody has those boxes.
Speaker 5: He likes rap music by white guys. Yeah, somebody out.
Speaker 1: There, hass are we call you that rap music?
Speaker 5: Something rap adjacent, don't you speak of? Come on, ladies, go out with Luke. Give him a chance to show him the real you or him. Yeah, I'll show you something anyway. We do want to help. If you have somebody who's not calling you back, email the show. We can call them for you and get you a second date. Update. Go check out all of ours where you get your podcast at Brook and Jeffrey Brook and.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: When you think of the world's hardest working, most thankless jobs, you might think sanitation workers, nine dispatchers, Alexis's hairstylists.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, how she cries to me all the time.
Speaker 5: Can we add airline public relations to that list? It seems like every week there's a new horse story that these poor people are having to spin, Like, no, we promise our flight crew cares deeply about the passengers. They only punch that one in the throat out of concern for their safe day. Sure, and just when you thought nothing good happened on airplanes this year, one of our listeners came through. Oh and his story about how he met a woman on his flight might inspire everybody listening that love really can happen when you least expected, no throat punches whatsoever. So sweet, it's coming up in your second date update next Brook.
Speaker 6: And Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Updates.
Speaker 5: I always thought meeting someone on an airplane was so twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you literally rolled your eyes.
Speaker 5: Ten years ago.
Speaker 6: I had shaken back and forth.
Speaker 5: But we've actually had a couple people reach out saying that it's happened to them recently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always think it's amazing.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: One guy we couldn't use because he was like, hey, you want my peanuts, And turns out he wasn't talking about his in flight snack was something.
Speaker 1: Else, pretzels.
Speaker 5: That situation is in court. We're going to try a different one with a new guy named Brad.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 5: Let's talk to him.
Speaker 8: Brad.
Speaker 5: You didn't leave any of your snack mix on her in the middle of the flight, did you?
Speaker 8: I hope not. No, I don't think so, guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's be more sure of ourselves.
Speaker 8: Brad.
Speaker 5: Thank you know.
Speaker 8: Brad.
Speaker 5: Let's start from the very beginning. Brad, who is this woman that you met?
Speaker 8: Her name is Tiffany. She's this awesome girl. And look, I'll be honest with you, guys. I just recently got out of a relationships. I wasn't really even looking for anything. Happens, right, I wasn't looking for anything, you know. I'm just sitting down on my flight, getting ready to go back home and see the family and everything. And this hot girl walks on the plane. And you, guys, know, when you see somebody attracted.
Speaker 4: To walk in the plane, you're always like, oh, please.
Speaker 8: Sit next to me, sit next to me if there's an empty seat.
Speaker 5: When they're walking down the aisle aboard the plane, open mouth, sleeping for.
Speaker 8: Three hours, I hold you, yes, the attractive one never sits next to me, except for this one.
Speaker 2: Time a raw oh man, when she was like putting her stuff in the overhead were you're getting nervous a little bit.
Speaker 8: And then also got me a little bit more nervous was when she did sit down, Like I had the aisle seat, she had the window seat. So now I'm holding my breath that nobody's coming over to the middle.
Speaker 2: Or you just ask really chivalrous, You're like, you know what, you have the aisle, I'll take this middle one and just sacrifice to sit next to her.
Speaker 5: People would be so happy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh my gosh, of.
Speaker 5: Course in the middle.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was my plan the whole time. Every time somebody walked in, I was like, what did she and I give them to sit in the aisle?
Speaker 5: And you don't need one? So did somebody come?
Speaker 8: No, that's the best part. So with the door closed, nobody came.
Speaker 4: What is the see right between us?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Take off her love?
Speaker 8: Wa?
Speaker 1: I mean, how did you strike up a conversation? Was it pretty immediate?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: It was just you know, I helped her. I try to help her with her bags, and then I asked her, was like, look, do you want the aisle? See I can switch it, you know, just anything, anything.
Speaker 4: I can say just to start the conversation.
Speaker 5: Wow, okay, okay, how did the flight go?
Speaker 8: It wasn't great. When we we were talking, she had like this cute little like when I made her laugh like hard, she would uncontrollably snort for a second, and of course you'd apologize.
Speaker 2: That's cute, and somebody else snorts when they laugh, it's cute.
Speaker 1: I see.
Speaker 8: So I'm definitely feeling this girl. I'm thinking she's feeling me, like if the vibes are great, the conversation's going great, and look it was you know, she's going back to see her family, going back to mine. But it was a long flight. We were both kind of tired of what have you, and conversation kind of died down. I ended up watching this show on my phone and then knocked out and fell asleep for the rest of the flights. So I don't know. I mean, I'm hoping I didn't drool. I'm hoping I didn't part in my sleep.
Speaker 5: Oh you're an ugly Possibly is that a common for you?
Speaker 4: I don't know, like at home, I don't think so, But I mean, you know, you never know when you're sleeping on a plane and you have to like sit in uncomfortable positions and you don't know.
Speaker 5: So at what point during this flight did you get her number?
Speaker 8: Before I fell asleep? So, before I fell asleep, I got her number. We were kind of making plants, like there was a new restaurant back home, and we like we were going to try it out. And again, everything seemed super enthusiastic. We seemed to be killing each other. I knocked out on the plane, which I'm kicking myself. I should have just kept talking to her figure something out instead of watching the show and falling asleep.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Didn't you wake up?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 8: Here again?
Speaker 5: Me gone?
Speaker 8: I slept all the way until we landed, so I had like ten eights for minutes, so like, nice to meet you. You know, I'll see you later, I'll give you a call, what have you, and kind of just went our separate ways.
Speaker 5: Alexis hearing the entire day. What are you thinking? Do you think something happened when he was sleeping?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It could have been an ugly sleeper. To you, your mouth's opening, you're like making noises on the play.
Speaker 1: I mean it is kind of a look into the future of your relationship. Somebody's snoring next to you.
Speaker 5: A deal breaker for me. You're alive, So what's going on with you guys?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 8: Moun I'm texting and she is responding, but it's not like with the same enthusiasm has originally I'm trying to hammer down this date and it's like for her, somebody keeps coming up or you can't respond.
Speaker 5: In time, and it's like, you can take a breath, buddy, sound like you're really really wound up in that. She should just go back to sleep.
Speaker 1: And he said, lower the oxygen masks.
Speaker 5: Yea. So how long has it been since this flight happened.
Speaker 8: It's been about like a week and a half. I mean, not too long, but we should have seen each other by night.
Speaker 5: You're trying to keep the momentum that you had on that flight going before it fizzles out.
Speaker 4: It sounds like, exactly, gotta crack while iron's hot.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I think it's lukewarm right now, but still strike.
Speaker 5: All right, Let's let's get the hot water you're going or whatever you do.
Speaker 1: It's a iron Okay, let's put.
Speaker 5: It poke at the fire. Let's get smelter.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't deal with irons broke. Anyway, We're gonna come back. We're gonna try and get your second date update with Tiffany right after this.
Speaker 4: Okay, thanks you guys, appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Hold on man Brook.
Speaker 6: And Jeffrey in the morning. Second date updates.
Speaker 5: Two people meet on a flight, they exchange laughter phone numbers, and then everything goes dark. WHOA, I'm not talking about the first episode of Lost. I'm talking about Brad Hi right sleep on his flight after meeting Tiffany Cam. Yeah, they were hitting it off before his three thousand mile high snoozefest, but after he woke up, he just hasn't been able to keep that momentum going.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: Alexis thinks it's because he's an ugly sleeper with a bad credit score, but.
Speaker 12: I don't think she's Okay, maybe yeah, but the bottom line is he's willing to do whatever it takes in order to see her again in person, even reach.
Speaker 5: Out to us for help. So good on Brad for going the.
Speaker 1: Extra mile, like a mile like a yeah.
Speaker 5: I doesn't even think of that. More clever than I even realized.
Speaker 2: Are you are?
Speaker 1: Platinum member today. I don't want to hear.
Speaker 5: But how we feeling anxious?
Speaker 8: I don't know we're gonna I guess I'll find out one way or another.
Speaker 5: As long as we're not sleepy before we head into this call, then I think we're going to be golden, all right, hopefully?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine all is asleep in the middle of the call to.
Speaker 5: But that look on us more than anything. But here we go. We're about to call. Are you ready to do this?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir?
Speaker 5: Here we going at a dollar number right now. Hello, Hey, is this Tiffany? Yes, Hey Tiffany. And this might be weird, but you're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, Tivy, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Sorry, that's weird.
Speaker 11: That's not weird, very strange, but okay.
Speaker 5: Good we are. We got over it pretty quick.
Speaker 9: So we're doing a segment on our show. It's also it's also a weird segment.
Speaker 5: It's called second Date Update, where we try and help our listeners don't lave, help our listeners go out on another date after they had a nice experience with someone. Sometimes three thousand miles, three hundred thousand, thirty thousand miles in the air.
Speaker 1: I mean they're not in space.
Speaker 5: Jeff, how high do you fly a plane at?
Speaker 1: You met somebody on a flight, Tiffany.
Speaker 11: Oh my goodness, Yeah, what is happening?
Speaker 5: What's going on? It hasn't been pressurized. But look, we're calling on behalf of one of our listeners who's been trying to get a hold of you. His name is Brad.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, oh okay, is.
Speaker 2: That a good okay, Tiffany, is it ever a brook this one time?
Speaker 1: Maybe we're hoping for a positive answer.
Speaker 5: Well, we figured since you know, you're not calling him back or you're being kind of slow with your responses, we just wanted to figure out what's going on because Brad is a little bit confused. He felt like you had a good connection on the plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was hopeful that something would come of it, all right, Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 1: Yes, you had a good connection with him too.
Speaker 11: Yeah. I mean to start with, yeah, we had a really nice conversation, which is so good. I swa a lot and that doesn't often happen. So it was really nice to have somebody who was you know, funny and animated and became interested in stuff. So that was that was nice.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 8: Sometimes when you.
Speaker 5: Meet someone on a plane, you have to act like you're enjoying their company and you're not. So it's good that you really did like his.
Speaker 2: You know, his attention, and can I ask like, when you got to your seat and you saw him sitting there, were you like, oh, I.
Speaker 11: Mean he's yeah, he's cute. I mean, like I said, I fly all the time, so I wasn't like looking for anything like this or thinking about it.
Speaker 5: But yeah, okay, so you have this, you know, cute guy on the plane that you admit you had a good connection with. That was very rare for you. What made everything change?
Speaker 11: I mean, look, I just he has obvious things happening that I just really I don't like drama, and I don't really want to get involved with whatever is happening with him drama.
Speaker 5: We didn't hear anything about that.
Speaker 11: I mean, do you really want to know what happened?
Speaker 2: I mean he does because he does not remember any drama from your guys, like meeting then you fell asleep and that was it exactly.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he wouldn't. He wouldn't remember what what was happening because he was he was asleep during.
Speaker 1: The drama happened that he was breathing so loud.
Speaker 2: I told you open mouth was the ugly sleeper sewalker.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, So he fell asleep. He'd been watching something on his phone, so his phone kind of drops, you know, like between us a little bit. And then I realized his phone is like just blowing up, just non stop.
Speaker 5: Text he's getting texts or.
Speaker 11: Okay, yeah, yeah, he's just getting tons of texts, and so I just sort of glanced at like just to sort of make sure it wasn't like some sort of family emergency or something. Now that there's so much you can do when you're on a plane, but.
Speaker 1: You were worried about that. You were just curious with me.
Speaker 11: I'm sure. I'm sure it was a little of both. But so then I could see, obviously it's some girl who is just being very aggressive and texting like NonStop, and it was you know, all caps, and there was I mean, I don't know what was happening, but clearly there's some drama going on with some girl, and that's not something I want to get involved with.
Speaker 5: So you didn't even know.
Speaker 1: It could have been his sister, it could have been a cousin, like, I mean.
Speaker 11: I don't. I don't know for sure, but it is definitely. I mean, if you thought the text, you would have thought the same thing as member.
Speaker 5: Well, let's find out for sure right now, because you don't know this yet, Tiffany. But Brad is actually on the other the line right now listening.
Speaker 6: I'm like, he's not dramatic at all.
Speaker 5: No, he wants to just jump in on this conversation. I'm guessing he's just sleeping. Brady there, Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 8: I said, how you doing so?
Speaker 1: Very cool, calm and collected.
Speaker 11: So do you if you work out all your drama with your with your others?
Speaker 4: Okay, I do not. I'm not a fan of drama either.
Speaker 8: But there were some loose ends I had to kind of tie up and it's done, Like I don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 5: Wait, look, hold on, wait, hold on, Brad. Look, we always assume that everybody who emails into the show to ask for second dates is single.
Speaker 8: Exactly are you not?
Speaker 5: Like, maybe you're dating multiple women right now, and if you like, if you are, that's okay, but can you confirm your single?
Speaker 8: I am one hundred percent single, and by the time the plane landed. I was one hundred percent as well.
Speaker 11: So wait, so like somebody on a plane, you were like breaking up with somebody. It's like for somebody that had never even really met before. Is that all we were saying?
Speaker 8: Okay, I don't want to sound like a creeper. I'm not. I'm not. I didn't break up with her because of somebody that's not on the plane. I'm just her and I.
Speaker 7: We had issues.
Speaker 8: It wasn't going to go anywhere anyway, Like I was just trying to find I guess the motivation.
Speaker 5: Or okay, but what wait wait, wait, wait was you your ex when you boarded the plane or was she your ex when you got off the plane?
Speaker 8: Thank you? Emotionally yes?
Speaker 5: People say, oh, we've been emotionally broken up for.
Speaker 11: No, no, and he doesn't like drama, are you kidding?
Speaker 5: That is? And then you fell asleep in the middle of red She was tired from flirting so hard read before that. It takes a lot of energy out of you to break up with somebody.
Speaker 1: How long was this relationship?
Speaker 8: It was there wasn't a whole lot.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's on the line.
Speaker 11: That's enough to like form quite the attachment on her I mean, I don't know this girl, but clearly on her side it meant a lot and that clearly hurt her. And it's it's pretty cheap to like text somebody when they physically cannot call you back because you're on a plane. I would never trust somebody who did that.
Speaker 2: Well, he didn't cheat, I mean honestly, like, Okay, it's pretty low that he would text.
Speaker 1: Her and just break up with her that way, But he didn't cheat like he will.
Speaker 3: Don't be before he cheats on you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, Brooke, you don't know one hundred percent what they did on that plane, so let's not jump to conclusions.
Speaker 8: I didn't cheat. I didn't have two women at one time. It's like a connecting flight. I went from one flight.
Speaker 1: He just had a layover. This is a layover.
Speaker 11: Y don't say layover.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: The bottom line, Tiffany Brad is a romantic and he saw something that he liked when he boarded on the plane, and he went for it, and he can continuing to go for it by going through us. That's why we're going to offer to send you guys out on another date, well date for your first date. I guess technically and we would pay for it.
Speaker 11: Well, how lovely of you, But no, thank you. I had nothing to do with you sleeping, and that will be the last time I see you sleeping, So thank you.
Speaker 5: Quick Brad text her picture of you closing your eyes.
Speaker 6: Gotcha Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Maybe my favorite line of that entire second date was quote, I can promise you I was one hundred percent single once the plane lambs unbelievably it was a long fly. Is still kid, It's crazy. I mean, he may have been sleeping, but Brad was clearly also doing work before that, ditching the old and upgrading to the news.
Speaker 2: I mean, he didn't cheat or anything, but I gotta say her instincts spot on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she actually saw the attack. She didn't want to share his business, but she said no believe me, if you read it, you would have known.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So now his upgrade to the first class person was not approved. He's back to taking the train again, looking for somebody new. But we do wish Brad the best of luck. Make sure you go listen to all of our second date updates, by the way, at Brook and Jeffrey on our YouTube page or anywhere you get your podcasts. You can listen to us on your next flight. You can even break up with us on it. There you go.
Speaker 1: I'd prefer you not to. Yeah, actually like it. If you could leave us a good review, that'd be great.
Speaker 5: Asking you know, a little clinging there, Brook. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.