Speaker 1: I feel one o one.
Speaker 2: You see couple of them in My Taste with Ye and my lemonade because I let the way taste bed seats at the Pirates.
Speaker 1: Can he let me run the base?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: My talme is like my money because I can't afford to waste. Oh Hyde is a lawyer. Take my date to my dates or to stick by the plates in the case. Keep the case from my race at my pace Cleared Brands.
Speaker 4: That is Snake episode three eighty Live at Brave Bean Coffee Company down here on the North Shore Park your car, get caffeinated and hop right over to PNT Park to watch the Bucko Scott sweep the brew Crew today.
Speaker 1: What a weekend it has been.
Speaker 4: We are here at Brave Bean Coffee Company Episode three eighties.
Speaker 1: Gott how you doing doing good man?
Speaker 5: I thought yesterday was a massive success from Ourtelgate, which had a great showing there even despite the doubleheader as a result of Friday's cancelation or postponement. And then they win two games against the Brewers, who have fifty nine at the top of the division. I think these this is a great way to go into the Al.
Speaker 4: Star break over one hundred and thirty people. Yeah, confirmed at the tailgate. Shout out to Brave being Caught Coffee for being there at the tailgate, providing coffee for everybody, keeping the good vibes going. Caliente Pizza. All the pizza was gone, Yeah, fifteen boxes, fifteen XL boxes all gone gone.
Speaker 1: To all the beer gone.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Icy Light Smash Waffles. All the waffles gone. Yeah as well. We had a DJ. Shout out everybody that made it possible. It was truly a party. We had the game going too as Merlin Valdez.
Speaker 1: Shout out to our guy Jojo.
Speaker 5: He brought a TV was able to stream the game and we saw some fireworks from his Merlin Valdez all day yesterday which was awesome. And also shout out Cody R DJ who showed out for us.
Speaker 1: Really really good day.
Speaker 6: You said, all the pizza's gone, all the waffles's going, everything's gone. Our boys, Ac Smith run the four and two. Somebody said you're welcome.
Speaker 4: We appreciate you Schmidt and helping us out with the sponsors, because I gotta let him know what we sold and what we didn't sell, or what was eating and what wasn't needing and that's gonna be an easy conversation.
Speaker 1: So Scott, we're here at Brave Bean Coffee again.
Speaker 4: We're hitting out gift cards yesterday, so if you got one, make sure you use it today. But what a roller coaster of a week. The beginning of the week, you get a ten RBI game.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: The rest of the series doesn't go well. You're down in the dumps. Everything looks like it's falling apart. Obviously doesn't need to be said, but Connor Griffin goes to the Il O'Neil Cruz still there, Spencer Horowitz there, Evan sisk Is on the io.
Speaker 1: Andy Rodriguez goes to the IL.
Speaker 5: On top of that too, Adam, and we haven't talked about this on air yet, but the Pirates made a big trade. There was long rumored that they were going to trade that number thirty four pick. They had a deep pull this year. And we'll get into the draft picks in a second, because yesterday was day one of the draft, rounds one through four.
Speaker 1: But they had to trade.
Speaker 5: They had to trade a pick think I think two hours before the draft started, so we knew it was coming, probably Friday night, and then it was rumored that Jacob Gonzalez was taken out of the game in Triple A Charlotte for the White Sox, a guy who was once a first round pick by the White Sox in twenty three out of Ole miss a decorated SEC shortstop, has struggled to start his career, but has broke out this year in a big way. They acquired him from the White Sox. And Brandon Eisert, a soft tossing lefty that Ben has always loved to acquire, and he's I think he also drafted him in a previous stop, so there's some familiarity there too. But number thirty four pick in Jaden Wood's front of the show, sad to see him gone. He goes to the White Sox, hope he gets an opportunity there. But how do you feel about this trade? Because I think it's growing on me.
Speaker 4: I'm good with it, and I know the internet was not okay with it. There was a lot of talk out there one I think by product of just where we're at right now, people overvalued that pick significantly. One draft picks while rarely traded in baseball. Just so you know, you can only trade a competitive balance pick. You cannot trade regular picks. It's unlike any other league. Okay, so there's one thing I saw people saying, like, oh, trade number five pick or whatever.
Speaker 1: Google it.
Speaker 4: You can't do it. Trade yeah, trade back, can't do it. You trade that pick for a source up which you needed. Okay, let's not forget about it. I know the bullpen was an issue, but you're not going anywhere without a consistent player over at that position, right. You need He's not gonna be a cornerstone obviously, but a guy with control, a guy who has some pedigree, who's had some success. Recently, we talked to some people in the White Sox organization who said they pretty much broke his swing down in the offseason going into Arizona Fall League and then moving forward this year, how he was relying a little bit too much on his back side. They got it solved and he's seen the success. So that shows he's able to make some type of adjustments. Good Glove can be a utility guy. Obviously, He's not taking Connor Griffin's position.
Speaker 1: No, but I think you might have your feature there basement here.
Speaker 5: I think that's the type of upside and that's the position that we've been lacking, and that's a conversation for next year. Like if Brandon Lao goes and gets a bag and free agency, which he will outside of Pittsburgh, you move Nikki g back to second.
Speaker 1: Base, and you got your third basement of Jack of Pitzels.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and a lefty bat and a lefty bat. So listen, I get people wanting more at this time, or a controllable reliever or somebody of a good quality.
Speaker 1: But maybe he just wasn't there right.
Speaker 4: And here here's what I say, FM picks like actually, like you you never know what that guy is going to be. I think what Jim Toby Sun was taken with that pick. Okay, good for him, Like you never know what these guys are going to be. And I think a lot of times, even us, we romanticize a lot of these picks and a lot of these guys that get drafted, and a lot of guys that have good weeks in minor league baseball and they ended up being nothing and they end up being trade pieces. I want people that are going to help out right now. I don't care who it is, as long as they're going to be on the major league ross. As long as they're one of the twenty six twenty seven guys that are here right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's all that matters.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of people overvalued what that pick would bring back, right, do I see? Do I have my concerns about Brandon Eiser? Yeah he he, I guess generates elite extension. But he still tops at eighty nine. So what is that eighty nine look like ninety two?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: And it makes you think is something really wrong with Evan Sisk?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: Is he gone? Is he out for the long term? That's what it looks like, because he seems to be the replacement for Evan Sisk.
Speaker 1: By the way, Iert made his debut with the Pirates yesterday.
Speaker 5: He came in through a third of an inning, two walks, but he got out.
Speaker 1: Got out of it, yeah, got out of it. No runs, It's all the trade already. We might have won the.
Speaker 5: Trade, all right. Good dolls here, no Murdoch here, Taxi squad. I think they get an extra roster spot on them. He was he was a twenty seventh man.
Speaker 4: Twenty seventh yeah, yeah, so he was activated jaking the dolls was activated.
Speaker 1: We didn't see him.
Speaker 4: No, He's gotten a lot of today either way, So listen, if you're asking me my initial thoughts, it's fine. Like again, somebody that's going to be here and help this team right now, I'm all for it. You could have told me anything that pick might not be in the major leagues or might never ever be in the major leagues.
Speaker 1: So I'm cool with it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Obviously a lot more needs to happen.
Speaker 5: Hey, Brandon Nice has already gotten out of an inning, has Landon Tolly had a plate appearance for the White Sox.
Speaker 4: And Tomy hasn't put on a jersey yet. So you know what I'm saying. It's it's stuff like this. As long as we're doing stuff that moves this team forward and puts W's in the column, I'm all for it. Again, Like I just said, more stuff needs to happen sooner rather than later. We're at what July twelfth right now? August third is coming up around the corner. You cannot wait. Yeah, that's a lot of I mean, obviously, you have my birthday. I know it's your birthday, and the trade deadline. We got five days here for the All Star break. You got Monday through Thursday. Yeah, and then you head to Cleveland.
Speaker 1: We'll be there by the way. Yeah, if you're in Cleveland, let us know.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it's today at noon, actually in a less than an hour a futures game. Go watch Edward Florentino and Seth Hernandez our guy Gus who's been helping us out on the video. So I got some cool footage of him. He's credentialed down in Philly, really really cool. But Adam, do you mind if I run through the draft picks real quick that we did. Yeah, absolutely, let's talk about it. Shout out where you could find all that breakdown stuff too. Yeah, the breakdown on banterboard. Jay and I have been doing some mock drafts this past week. We've broken down some prospects over the last two months that the Pirates could potentially draft. And with the fifth overall pick yesterday, it was rumored that Jackson Flora would be the pick.
Speaker 1: If he was there.
Speaker 5: He got taken forth, of course, by the Giants, so they went College Bat and that was rumored too that they'd go College Bat.
Speaker 1: I thought they would go Drew Burris, but.
Speaker 5: They went with Derek Curiole, who has really grown on me as a prospect.
Speaker 1: Because this is think of like a six to three Stephen Quan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's exactly the comp that elite bat the ball skills, can stick up the middle, play good center field. I think he's a guy that's going to move quickly, and I think, you know, probably going to be slightly underslot there at five, able to save some money for some picks later. But I think it's a guy that's going to contribute at the big league level and quickly. He can play centerfield, he can play centerfield and that.
Speaker 4: And he plays with his hair on fire. This is a guy that goes really really hard. I think people are going to like him just from the character in the person that he is as well.
Speaker 5: And he's a relationship with Connor Griffin already. They were both recruited together to go to LSU and played on team MS together and stuff like that, so Connor had nothing but good things to say about him. Pick two was one that me and Jake talked about a lot as a pick that seemed like a pirate's pick. Aiden Ruiz is a high school shortstop out of New York Long Island. I believe he's committed to Vandy and probably the best glove in the class elite clove. I think he's young for the class metric, darling by every means of the word, but like he is a guy that has also got a lot of untapped potential with the bat.
Speaker 1: Kind of reminds me a wide sandfer. Yeah. His pedigree coming out of.
Speaker 5: High school is like this club for a short stuff, but look what he's done with the bat.
Speaker 1: Is this an overslought pick?
Speaker 4: I think so slightly okay, because a lot of people were surprised by Curial, not that he wasn't going to be taken maybe top ten, yeah, but they were surprised to him number five. What do you feel like was that more of a reach there? I mean, obviously you take the guys that you want.
Speaker 1: But no, you take the guys you want. I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I thought he would have gone like six through ten somewhere, but Burist that go till eight. I think so. The the rural reach was the Royals at six. I think took Zion Rose, who was like really mocked like in the late teens, early place out of Louisville. So I'm shocked that they passed on Burris for him. I think it was going to be between Curial and Burris, and it clearly like, uh, just the high floor that I think Derek brings.
Speaker 1: Okay, what else do we get? Second?
Speaker 5: Another second round pick, Chris Rembert second basement from Auburn.
Speaker 1: His dad's actually an area of Scotord Pirates. Okay, well there might be slightly underslot too, we'll see.
Speaker 5: But this is a guy that I think is your classic prototypical second base, but I think he could play left field and to pinch average arm strength. But another guy that has elite bat the ball get puts the ball on the ground a lot right now, So I think they're going to really focus on elevating the ball with him more. But I think another you know, sec high floor performer that will probably move quickly.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you to stay around nineteen million, nineteen.
Speaker 5: Point one million, so trading that thirty fourth pick, they could spread that out a.
Speaker 1: Little bit more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it seems like the goals here to sign as many as possible, and being able to do that with that nineteen point one I tell.
Speaker 5: You what, they went more college heavy than they have in the past, and this is didn't know how Kevin Graves would attack that. He's now in charge of the draft. We saw Justin Horwitz past few years before he went to the Nationals. Didn't know how Graves would attack this draft, but college heavy guys that maybe will move quickly, and some high upside high school guys. The next pick, I really like a lot. Third round under right handed picture out of un see Jason DeCaro is only twenty years old. He reclass out of high school to go to U and see early and a New York arm six'. FIVE a lot of traits that scream this guy's going to succeed in The pirates.
Speaker 1: Organization good. Good any other picks we got? Here one more Pick Andrew.
Speaker 5: Giles Andrew giles not related To Brian, giles high school kid out outfielder From. Nevada this is a guy that's going that has some of the best raw power in the in the prep, scene especially for the prep. Outfielder so really excited about him, too BECAUSE i think he's a guy that's going to. Sign he seems excited and that might be slightly slightly overslought, Too so we'll.
Speaker 1: See love, That love, that and you Got day two.
Speaker 5: Today day, two rounds five through. Twenty i'm actually not going to the game Today i'll be heading.
Speaker 1: Back i'll be.
Speaker 5: Covering some stuff With jay for The bucko banner page on the, draft who will really dive into? It expecting to go overslot again today with the heights, guy maybe some high upside guy and then maybe get your your high performer college guys later on Like browns eight to, ten like where they what they did With Ducee corse And Jared jones last year and. Stuff so excited to see who they can get today and how they can round out the. Draft but OVERALL i would give it a. Beat, Okay i'll take you. One, Yeah i'll take a.
Speaker 1: B that's, Fine.
Speaker 4: Scott let's get into the weekend because it didn't get off to a great startle weird start On friday Night Country weekend here AT Pnc.
Speaker 1: Park game got.
Speaker 4: Delayed they said it's gonna get pushed back ten, minutes ends up getting pushed, back push, back and then.
Speaker 1: Postpone the rain was on and.
Speaker 4: Off it ended up not raining the rest of the, night but it was a little bit weird to begin.
Speaker 1: With you had fireworks days.
Speaker 5: Days, yeah fireworks in the broad, daylight which was pretty. Cool, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah it.
Speaker 4: Happened it happened for, Sure so, hey people got the, fireworks that's. Cool but, listen you go Into saturday, Doubleheader Bucko Banter, tailgate a big day for the. SEASON i, mean talk about a lot of pressure going into a weekend where we just talked about The Brave series not going your way when you could have definitely taken a. Series you put yourself in a position to do, it and you just couldn't come. Through and all the normal problems are still very very. Present and then you have a division, rival the first, Place Milwaukee brewers comes to, town and you handle, business yeah like you do it in a fashion that you usually. Don't the offense obviously shows Up game two not as, much but the pitching takes care Of it's got three to two. Victory and then In game one As Maryland, valdez this kid just continues to impress.
Speaker 5: Me ten home runs in twenty seven. GAMES i don't know many projects that have done.
Speaker 1: THAT i think eight RBIs in.
Speaker 4: DOUBLEHEADER i think the last one Was Jason Bay yeah to do that as. Well AND i don't know if the book's just not out on him. Yet he's got one hundred plus at bats now right around there around there eighty, maybe But i'm all for people not figuring it out at least for this.
Speaker 1: Season in maybe he's gonna have to make some.
Speaker 4: Adjustments, obviously there was a little bit of a stretch there where he's maybe getting a little bit of ahead of himself or not really picking up on the spin a little.
Speaker 1: Bit but this kid has, legit legit. Power.
Speaker 5: Scott, yeah LIKE i said, before outside of One Al, cruz probably the best raw power in this whole organization right.
Speaker 1: NOW i, mean you.
Speaker 5: Could look at a guy like A Tony blanco down In, greensborough but like as marilin DoD, as some of the best slug in this. Organization and it's been awesome to see what he's done over the past week or. So and he's really forcing the conversation Around Marcelo.
Speaker 1: Zuna we got a question.
Speaker 6: Here they're just one hundred plate, appearances ninety, abs ten hom er twenty SIX.
Speaker 1: Harv guys love.
Speaker 4: THAT i, mean this is just a godsend for what they need right. Now because you lose slug WITH Oneo, cruz you lose some slug With Connor. Griffin, Obviously Spencer horowitz is an on base. Machine you needed somebody to produce. Runs and like you, Mentioned Marcelo. Zuna, yeah missing poster right where he played the other day didn't go. Well it's just it's been an, overall really really bad trip here In pittsburgh for Marcel i'm interested to see how it goes in the next couple of. Weeks maybe he's saved just by product of. Injury, yeah but, again even with, injury he's still not.
Speaker 1: Playing.
Speaker 5: Yeah it makes you wonder what this roster looks like when fully, healthy because you definitely can't waste a roster spot with. Him and then you got The Tyler callahan conversation with acquiring another left handed utility bat And Jake. Gonzales it could look a lot, different, man it could look a lot. Different SO i will say the positive for me over the last two games, yesterday the bullpen holding that's been key run, games especially against The. Brewers haven't won many of, Those SO i think that's the positive to takeaway this weekend and something to you, know a positive to take into The All star break to get ready for the second.
Speaker 1: Half Braxet, Ashcraft Bubba.
Speaker 4: Chandler YESTERDAY i talked To Pat, murphy had an interesting story With Pat.
Speaker 1: Murphy it's a story for another.
Speaker 4: Day BUT i was able to sit in on the manager's meeting prior To friday's postponement, game AND i asked him about just you, know what's your impression Of Braxton ashcraft this year and then going into the. Series he, Said i'm sad that he's. Good it's what he. Said he, Said i'm sad that he's pitching so. Well this, kid he, said you could see it coming from last, Year like you knew he was going to be a, guy and it's nice to see him. Well once he got The All star GO i don't think he's going to pitch anymore because of the post bonement already going to be, replaced, Right so that, Sucks but at the same, time like it's nice to see that the league knows That Braxton ashcraft is a.
Speaker 5: Stud he's a front line. Guy, yeah five earned, yesterday BUT i thought he looked. Well just a couple of mistake pitches that's been the story for him when he's given up, runs, obviously but a guy that's probably one of the better stories for this team in the first.
Speaker 1: Half what About bubba what did you see from him? YESTERDAY i Thought bubba looked. Good THEN i thought he looked a lot better.
Speaker 5: Competitive you, know had some really good competitions against That brewers lineup that's pretty, solid and you, know he. BATTLED i JUST i think that's the main thing with, him that when the fastball command is, there the other stuff is going to work and and that's they gonna be the focus for him going into the second.
Speaker 1: Half it's always the same.
Speaker 4: Story you always feel confident When bubba's out there because stuff is so good and the fastball is so, good and as long as he's not gonna fall behind in, counts you're always going to feel pretty good about the product that you're getting out. There and interesting QUESTION i had, YESTERDAY i can't remember who asked, it but who's your number three guy right?
Speaker 1: Now? Scott if you like in a playoff? Rotation, yeah oh.
Speaker 4: MAN i mean obviously it's it's seems An.
Speaker 1: Ashcraft.
Speaker 4: Yeah and then you get a mix Of Bubba, Jones mitch is probably out of the.
Speaker 5: CONVERSATION i think it's a Ego jones and piggyback in probably OR i don't, know just see how he starts, off but it's Probably Jones, Majinski, Jones, Chandler, Yeah, Jones. YEAH i mean that's a difficult, question AND i thought that would be a lot easier one at the beginning of the. Season BUT i would probably Lean jones right. Now, Okay jones looked great the other.
Speaker 4: DAY i Think jones might be the GUY i might need to see a little bit more out of.
Speaker 1: HIM i, mean his last two starts has been.
Speaker 4: Solid, YEAH i think it's more so just let's see some consistency over a period of, time, RIGHT i, mean there's obviously going to be the limit throughout the, year and we'll see how that gets tinkered with as this team progresses and if they stay in the.
Speaker 1: Race but it's going to be an interesting, Month.
Speaker 4: SCOTT i think we're going to see some fresh faces here In, pittsburgh but the moves that they make are just going to be very, important very very very important to stay afloat. Here The marlins finally lost the, game, finally and and they're in a weird position, too where you know they're not going to sell the farm by any. Means they're going to make strategic, moves whether it's it's buying and selling a little bit in order to and maintain for the. Future but how could you not be somewhat in if you're The marlins right now and playing like.
Speaker 5: That i'll tell you, what, MAN i, mean it's NOT i know The brewers are ten and a half games above us right, now but besides, that like it's it's between two to four games between us and The cardinals And, Cubs and you, KNOW i JUST i can't it would Be i'd be shocked if The cardinals finish above us in the standing says, here we are a better. Team they've had a lot of first half, luck BUT i am shocked that they're six games above five hundred right. Now there's a lot of Good this wild card race is going to be, tight, man between The east and The, central and there are a lot of TEAMS i think over you, know overachieving right.
Speaker 1: Now where are we at right?
Speaker 5: Now we are fourth in The central wild? Card we, Are, yeah we're three games. Out The marlins And cardinals are ahead of. US i think we're a better team than both those.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 5: Now The cubs and The phillies are the two wild card teams as of right, now and we you, know we played well against The cubs for the most, part but The phillies we have not so just split with.
Speaker 4: THEM i, mean he did lose a series to The, marlins which isn't. Great you're going to see The cardinals a couple more times this, year so every game moving forward is, very very. Important there's no days off right, now which is awesome being A pirates fan going into What july, twelfth saying like this game matters a. Lot last year we were just thinking about this. Year, yeah what are we going to do with the?
Speaker 1: Deadline you? Know, yeah that was the big.
Speaker 5: Focus and obviously it's a focus of, this you, know midway, point but it's a different focus because we want to. Buy we want to add to this team now rather than for the, future so different. Focus it would be nice to go into the second half with fifty. Wins let's let's go get a sweep. Today we've Got Paul schemes on the, mound mix his last start of the second. HALF i think a break is going to be much needed for. Him he's going to go up Against Robert. Gasser, Mizerowski, yeah, no MIZ i actually Saw Robert gasser in the club yesterday AND i was. SURPRISED i didn't think he was in the big looks right, now SO i think that was a prettymeditated spot start there for him to give me some extra.
Speaker 1: BREAK i can't believe they're Ducking. Skins.
Speaker 4: Man, YEAH i now scares. Skeins he might. Be he might, be by the, way great, Guy, yeah great. Guy he's absolutely. Man, also it's so cool just seeing a guy like that so good and being able to be, Himself like we saw him on the field the other day On friday when there was no. Game he's out, there. Bro people are giving Him pokemon, Cards he's signing for. Everybody he very, personable talked about his glove with us that will have a video on pretty soon That i'm pumped. About just like a class act kind of. Guy and he throws one hundred and eighty five miles per.
Speaker 5: HOUR i don't want to glaze The brewers so much too, much but it's just incredible the way they've drafted and. Developed they are The cardinals of like a decade, ago The cardinals used to develop like. This you're in and you're, out AND i just it's like next man up with The, brewers AND i think there's no reason. Why And i've set it over and over. Again hirates can't be The. Brewers there's no reason they can't draft like. That this Was misrowski was a second round pick out Of Crowder Junior. College, yeah second round. PICK i mean he was a highly toubted, prospect a big arm in THE juco. World but like this wasn't number one, overall one one, pick, Right so you, know it is crazy to see all these guys that keep debuting from Like Louise laura is going to be probably when multiple Gold gloves just debuted with, THEM i mean.
Speaker 1: It's like a.
Speaker 5: Child, yeah it's an embarrassment of riches. Man they've got so much talent in that organization at every, level.
Speaker 4: At every single. Level that's why The central is always going to be tough for The pirates if you don't continue to make. Moves i've had a lot of people express frustration for the future this weekend because of just the product of the circumstances of where The pirates are at and the injuries and the question of buying or. Selling i'm telling you, This they're going to buy, right but a lot of people are concerned that they're seeing the best offense that they'll see in their lifetime with the pirates and then it might be a one year.
Speaker 1: Thing and what do you do with?
Speaker 4: That in, like how do you how do you stay around five hundred and convince people you got to go all. In, still it's it's a weird place to be. In you you might lose low next. Year you probably.
Speaker 5: Will you probably, will Probably Bill hearn coming back With Connor griffin one.
Speaker 4: Year you got one year one year o'neo. Cruz you know you have control. There it's just so it's a weird. Place obviously the slugger And Jared triolo is still going to be. There so you, know this team still they have some guys in the minor. Leagues now they've done a better job of collecting more offense instead of just being an arm, factory which by the, way they still. Are they still have a lot of good. Arms, again you just mentioned Seth ornandez at the top of the hour is.
Speaker 1: Going to be a top one hundred prospect in a year.
Speaker 4: Exactly Edward, florentino while not the best start to the, year is still a top one hundred guy as. Well So i'm interested to. See, yeah and that's that's good for The. BUCKOS i think a lot of these guys are probably gon to finish it Out tuna this, year and they're gonna have a lot of interesting conversations With rule.
Speaker 1: Five guys as.
Speaker 4: Well but you look all the way from top to, bottom and they have they have, Guys AND i know pirates fans are sick of hearing that in terms of like, prospects, prospects, prospects And i'm personally sick of hearing it as, well Because i'm at the point WHERE i don't care what people do three four years from now as long as it helps.
Speaker 5: Now so you developed those you developed those, guys you build that deep system to be able to cash in at the big league.
Speaker 1: Levels and we talked exactly exactly, coaches. Coaches, yeah we've talked about that with.
Speaker 5: Coaches it's awesome to see the catching grows, Going, yeah every. Level Like Easton carmichael's a guy they took in a third round last year To Oklahoma national, Champion Cullege World series, Champion, oklahoma and look at, him man, like he's one of the best catching prospects in baseball right. Now and this is a guy like even if you see him as a part of your, FUTURE i don't know who the future catcher is of this, organization if It's, endy if it's if It's, easton or if it's one of the other, guys but, like that's a guy that you could use to get a really interesting piece for the big big. Team not saying that they're going to trade Easy. Carmack i'm just using that as an, example and that's from their draft class last, year which was really.
Speaker 4: Solid you finally have the depth to do, It you have moves to, make AND i think there needs to be a little bit of a philosophy, switch not totally because again you're still a small market, team but there needs to be a little bit of a switch Of, okay we know we can develop and we can. Draft now now it's time to use that, ability that strength to our advantage in order to help the big league. Club everything matters just for the big league. Club everything that you do matters for the big league. Club it's not about building the best, single a, double a high a whatever team that you want to. Build it's about what you could do here In, pittsburgh down on The North, shore and you finally put yourself in a position where you have the assets to help contribute to a good.
Speaker 5: Run it's the now that you need to focus. On that's WHY i really was bothered By donnie's comments the other day about why, he you, know didn't bring In montgomery in that certain situation with and Pitch Dennis santana against the lefty heavy top of the. Line it's just, like, well that would have Taken monty out for the weekend or like part of the. Weekend i'm, like that's, brother that's that's tomorrow's, problem.
Speaker 1: RIGHT i want to know you got to win.
Speaker 5: Today and you, KNOW i think that's that's should be the mantra in all facets of running a baseball, organization, Right like when we're talking about the draft and we're talking about you just talked, about you, know improving the big league, team you gotta you gotta worry about the now, man and uh not like what the team is going to look like in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Nine side, note going back to The Pat murphy. CONVERSATION i don't THINK i told you about. This somebody randomly asked them, like, hey how do you go about your? Lineups WHICH i thought was like an interesting question for, like, yeah we're almost at The All star, break and it's Like brewers reporters and, like how do you make your?
Speaker 1: Lineups?
Speaker 4: Back, interesting he, GOES i usually make them the night before AND i send them out to the guys the night. BEFORE i usually don't release it to the, public but he's, LIKE i like to know where guys are in the lineup and they have a good understanding, Before, LIKE i think it's. IMPORTANT i just thought that was an interesting take again on like how they run over, there and and the trust that they have in, guys and and how.
Speaker 1: They just go about their business on a day to day.
Speaker 4: Basis, again just just a little bit of a side not that popped up Into.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, Absolutely AND i also want to just clarify WHEN i say you don't want to worry about your roster in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Nine you can do.
Speaker 5: Both, yeah but the main focus should be winning at the big league.
Speaker 1: Level so, see but you got something for, Us.
Speaker 6: Yeah we got a we got a comment here going back to adding to the team kind of focusing on trying to win.
Speaker 1: Games, now what about adding a lefty. STARTER i don't hate, That, NO i think there's a need for.
Speaker 4: It, Obviously Mitch keller is not good right. Now, yeah and that that might need a. Spot they that that's probably a spot you need to address in the rotation left, hand give yourself a little bit of diversity in that.
Speaker 5: Rotation isn't it crazy that at this point you you just asked a question to me earlier about the, uh what would be the top three in the? Postseason Mitch keller is the very loust. Option, yeah, well didn't see that, COMING i guess at the beginning of the. Season and just it's interesting Conversation i've heard with people around the, league like people in other front, offices other.
Speaker 1: Teams don't really Value Mitch keller that.
Speaker 5: High he's been very consistent for a lot of his, career especially the past two. Seasons is a guy that can go out there and get you quality. Starts maybe not going to miss the most, bats but the guy that could be a solid rotation.
Speaker 1: Starter it's just crazy To i've not heard.
Speaker 5: A positive note On Mitch keller from another person in another.
Speaker 4: Organization, yeah it's really interesting to think about because, here like you, mentioned innings mean a, lot especially in this, rotation and going into this, season we thought one of the biggest acquisitions or the biggest keeps Was Mitch keller that you were able to do what you did this offseason without offloading that contract because, Again Baba, chandler, young, Inexperienced Jared jones on an any Limit Rax snashcraft throwing the most innings he's ever, Had, right you Got Paul skiins who definitely needs a bit of a break. Here you need a guy like that to throw six or seven innings and go into game and be able to give the bullpen a day. Off and we Seen mitch do that on occasion this, year but it really hasn't been The Mitch keller that we've been used. To AND i, know second Half Mitch keller is much different and there's been that, issue but first Half Mitch keller has just not been that guy that you want to be your.
Speaker 1: Workhorse, NO i, know and it's.
Speaker 5: CRAZY a friend of mine at The Red sox literally told me that they Valued oviedo more Than Mitch. Keller he's not, thrown who's not. Thrown that's working out well for. Them but, yeah just interesting conversations Around Mitch. Keller and obviously we hope that This All star break is much needed rest for him and he can bounce back because this is a guy you? Need is this a guy that you've been your, workhorse the guy that gives you, innings and you need someone like that in your, rotation especially amongst all these young.
Speaker 4: Starters this could also be a statement game For Paul schemes, too going into the second. Half go out on a positive. Note not that he hasn't been pitching. WELL i think people are just so used to him dominating. Him he's been. Fine go out with a really good performance, today get that much needed break that you, need, recoup and then get ready to go to work in the second.
Speaker 5: HALF i, mean if we're gonna look at the positives from his last, start the average spin rate was up on the, fastball the numbers seem to be back to normal a little. Bit SO i do think fatigue is the main factor, here and it would be nice for him to go into the also break on a positive, note securing a sweep of The brewers and get that much needed rest THAT i think a lot of these guys.
Speaker 4: Need we're gonna have a show later tonight recapping the. Series you And jay will be nothing, though yeah nothing the. Preview maybe we just do kind of a first, HALF i, know first half is technically over with, now but first half of the season going into The Midsummer.
Speaker 5: Classic, Yeah state of The. Union state of The, union for. SURE i was just THINKING i didn't put together the pictures notes for next. Series BUT i don't have to worry about. That so that's one last THING i.
Speaker 1: Had, no you got a, Week you got a.
Speaker 4: Week and then we'll be In, cleveland right like you mentioned, Earlier so we'll be there for This Saturday sunday game and then we're back In pittsburgh and then myself and Mister deebo will be In cincinnati For Friday. Saturday we'll come Back. Sunday so really excited about. That who's your home run derby pick before we?
Speaker 5: Go oh, Geez Kylee, Schwarber i'm Going Jackie, taggs baby The italian Saw Italian, Stallion Jack?
Speaker 1: Calanette? Here do you got? Teams anybody you know who's Gonna he was the last one To he was, hurt wasn't?
Speaker 5: He he said he was IN i think yesterday he was the last one to.
Speaker 6: Join, yeah so wouldn't that be something everyone's, like who knows if this guy's power signs?
Speaker 1: Hitting absolutely just make it signed for a lot less than he.
Speaker 5: Was when's the home Run? Derby what a? Storyline would it? Be even a better? Storyline Jackie, KAGGS i don't get out of.
Speaker 4: Here, No, no there's gonna be SOME i don't know how you do home cooking in the home Run, derby but it's gonna Be Wyne.
Speaker 5: HARPERSBER i feel like this is like The Gary Sanchez Aaron judge home Run derby In miami in.
Speaker 1: Seventeen you, know the two teammates and the home Run derby going back and forth.
Speaker 4: Battling they're going to be Serving shber meat, balls, DUDE i mean everybody can get meat balls in this, Thing. Jackie jackie. CAGs we'll get there before and. After there's some sauce on. That, hey we're gonna wrap it up here. Again shout out To Brave Bean Coffee company for hosting us Every saturday home game at eleven ish.
Speaker 1: Am this is a great.
Speaker 4: Spot LIKE i, mentioned we park in this garage every single. Game we hot down, here we get a, coffee and then we go over THE P Andt park we watch some Good buccos. Baseball so hop over To Brave Being Coffee company if you see us around the.
Speaker 1: Park ask me about a gift. Card Maybe i'll have one for.
Speaker 4: You we gave away a lot at the tailgate yesterday AND i have some more on, Me so good way to get introduced to one of the best coffee shops In.
Speaker 1: Pittsburgh, Scott we're gonna get out of.
Speaker 4: Here any closing remarks going into the final game before they all start.
Speaker 1: Breaking, NO i think let's go get a sweep of The.
Speaker 5: BREWERS i think it would what has been a frustrating couple of weeks as A pirates. FAN i think this would in the first half on a positive. Note As i've said many times, already this live and would get, us you, know hype for the second. Half these are meaningful, games, obviously they all are at this point of, season especially against a division.
Speaker 1: Rival so let's go get.
Speaker 4: It exciting partnership that we're gonna announce this week That i'm absolutely pumped about. AGAIN i want to thank everybody for coming out to The Bucko banter tailgate like, again, TRULY i would like probably closer to one hundred and fifty people that came throughout the day and it was just fun from beginning to. End we didn't have the pirate parrot because of the double. Header we did have the pigeon. Parrot we did have the pigeon. Parrot that was something man and he went. Hard he went. Hard he was he was dancing for like a couple. Hours so shout out to the pigeon. Paired shout out to our Guard kyler From, idaho he writes on the.
Speaker 1: Website you've probably seen his. Recaps Kyler.
Speaker 5: Strickler he is here watching us right now live and he came in From, Boise. Idaho Big pirates, Fans so shout out To kyler, too real quick At kyler on The, Mike, kyler what did you think About Nancy park this?
Speaker 3: Weekend everyone hypes up and see like it's the best. Stadium, OBVIOUSLY i had no. Clue it is everywhere in the. Stadium you justually have the best.
Speaker 1: View of all.
Speaker 3: TIME i am shocked there's no. Views it's breastaking literally every single part of the.
Speaker 4: Park so love, that Unbel any any thoughts on the series so, FAR i.
Speaker 3: Mean obviously caught a good, one got a good one to come out. Here brews are, tough but pitching was great. Yesterday As merlin is. Unbelievable, yeah fig.
Speaker 4: Series, well make sure you go check Out kyler's writing on The Bucko banter. Website while you're On Bucko, banter what you can do is you can put your email. In when it's got space in my face And Halipino mahanna's face show. Up put your email, in you hit, Send you go to your, email you hit opt, in and then you're gonna get all of our, writing game, breakdowns, videos and more right to your inbox before every single. Series maybe we'll do a special newsletter again this week at The All Star, break but a lot of fun content coming your.
Speaker 1: Way, also submit.
Speaker 5: Some trade ideas for, us BECAUSE i think that's an episode we might do over The trade or over The All Star break or maybe slightly after. Send that's your trade ideas for the, deadline we'll talk about it on the.
Speaker 1: Show good.
Speaker 4: Stuff make sure you like, subscribe leave a, comment tell a friend to tell a. Friend we appreciate everybody for, listening and until next.
Speaker 1: Time it baby best seats at the.
Speaker 2: Parents can't they let me run the?
Speaker 6: Base?
Speaker 2: Yeah my time is like my money BECAUSE i can't afford to waste H why see is A llawyer take my date to my, dates or the stick by the Plate synick