Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Girls. MLB brought to you for us my prize pick. Sign up today for prize picks. Use that promo code leading off when you do, it's me Joe, that's the Welsh. You know who we are, and it's all of you. Sorry, I started the stream mill late. I thought I clicked a little tab. It turns out I did not click it hard enough. Sometimes you gotta really punch that tab, got to push it in On a you Tube, it's like, you want to do the show? Yes? No, no, do you really want to do the show? Yes, I very much want to do the show. You have to like really hit it hard that you take.
Speaker 2: This as a sign sometimes sometimes like I hope this is a good show. Now now I'm a little bit wait because I'm one of.
Speaker 1: Those already show I'm here, it's already a good time. I want to talk about some of the baseball standings this year because it feels like the upside down and stranger things right now, some weird stuff, wacky things are going on. I also have a really provocative question to ask you. I know that's a team gotta wait, Gonna wait a little bit longer. In the show. But before we get.
Speaker 3: Provocatcy supervocative question, it could.
Speaker 1: Be no, it's a baseball related question. It's actually something that Mike Lole was talking about the other day on MLB Network and I thought, wow, he's got a point there about something. So again, before we get into that, I just want to remind everybody, of course, you can subscribe to Fantasy Ros MLB YouTube channel. Check us out there, click that little bell till it goes ding. And let's get to the headlines for Major League Baseball, and let's start with you know, I know it wasn't good right away for Edward Julian, but you know what wasn't good the second time around, But you know what, third times the charm because Julian's been really good two for two of the solo homer, two walks on the day, still very lightly rostered across leagues. I know this time of year a lot of people start kind of paying less attention to the waiver wire, but he is out there and way more than half of league's Julian to me is that perfect guy that stash him on your bench and see if this is finally working. Because as I said, when I watched him in spring training. I know you've talked about him too, So this to me was one of these kids, if you just leave him alone, he's going to figure it out. He's got a good left handed swing. Everything I like about Edward Julie and the hitter. It was just gonna take a little time for him to get his confidence with the major league pitching. It seems like that's starting to work out, and it seems like recently this guy is starting to get those feet very wet at the major league level. What do you think about this run that Julie has been on for the Minnesota Twins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And as you mentioned me seeing him was in the aarson A Fall League. I saw him just, I mean almost every other day, every other day out here absolutely tattooing baseballs and even when he got into some plump because the weird thing about him, and this is the thing that hasn't completely translated this year, is a much higher walk rate type of guy. Like you can see a whole lot of pitches, but he also would have this follow him here passive aggressiveness where he would be passive in nature, but man, when he got into a point of account, he wanted to destroy baseballs, and we're seeing that where he's got a thirty one percent k percentage on.
Speaker 3: The air, which is not good.
Speaker 2: And these are the type of guys who would kind of pick out and point that. But sixteen percent barrel rate is near the tops of the league. So far this year, he's hitting over three hundred. He's a really good distribution of how he's hit the ball. Homers have kind of gone across all sides of the field. He's done really good against fastballs this year, hitting over three hundred, and he hasn't let at least on paper yet any of you know, Slider's curveballs be the death of him.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: Breaking pitches have one of the bigger discrepancies of like actual results versus expected results to seventy six batting average two thirteen against some breaking pitches, but he's hitting over two hundred against all types of pitches. He's distributing the ball all around the field. He's just a really good hitter who's got raw power, and he's on that good streak right now. So these rookies can be a little bit finicky, but I think we mentioned this yesterday. Him and Kirolof right now, they're just getting going even though you're a loss. Striking out a bit well yesterday, so.
Speaker 1: I said, look is starting to look good. You know. It's funny. We didn't think at this point in the season if the Twins were in first place, then it would be kier Law and Edward Juliet and who are the guys you got to fear in that offense necessarily, But that's been the case, and they defined themselves in first place. Also because of a guy named ken Tamaida. Well, she you're familiar with ken to Maiaida. I think that run you know this guy pictures for the Twins. Nine strikeouts across six of the third yesterday, So no decision against the Marrows, but still a good performance from him. Good performance from Luis Gestillo, one of our DFS pitchers yesterday. Eleven strikeouts for him. Oh that's good. Also Edward Rodriguez seven strikeouts. Put it on the board, Yes, got the over on that strikeout total.
Speaker 2: Let's also put on the board that might have been his last start. There was a rumor going around that there were a whole lot of extra scouty scouts that were at that game that might have been his last start, and it was a really, really good one. Joe and I have been talking at nauseum this year about how Edward is going to Edward EDWARDO is going to get traded, and he would be one of the high viable pitchers the team should.
Speaker 3: Be looking at. I think the Tigers would want to.
Speaker 2: Be aggressive after that great of an outing. He just had to move because he's been out with injury. I think he'd have been traded like a month ago had he been around this whole time. But I think that might have been his last start because I don't know what the Tigers would gain by putting him out for another start right near the end of the deadline, maybe getting blown up.
Speaker 3: So we might be.
Speaker 2: Seeing him in a new uniform soon. And this is why I would have gone and traded for him, because I do think if he goes to a place like the Astros, who I really think should pick him up, or the Diamondbacks, who have three starters on their roster right now, both of those are huge upgrades, and really every team that's going to trade for him is going to be an upgrade.
Speaker 3: So this is a guy I still want to go get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, understandably, So all right, let's continue on with some of the news and notes. So Edward O very good. Chase Silseth, which is always hard for me to say, so I'm not gonna say it again. He did it. That's why I always feel like that Jay felt. I mean that is that's a look, mister and missus Silseth. That's a terrible name.
Speaker 2: Parent like Chase, Well, it could have been like Richard Richard Silseth. That's a little bit better, except when you get.
Speaker 1: Anything that could Chase silk Seth. I mean, it's just hard. Ten strikeouts anyway, uh, and swept the Yankees.
Speaker 3: Just made you list, but just made your list after you did it too.
Speaker 1: I sound like mad Dog Ruth. I'll high he and everybody. What happened in everybody? And I got a high heat. I'll talk about I gotta talk about him all day. That's what I'm gonna talk about. The Yankees. What the hell is going on now? Welsh? Going on with the Yankees? But yeah, what is going on with the Yankees? You know, they are still above five hundred, but they're in last place. I don't want to say it feels sad for the Yankees, but it is a frustrating spot. If you're and this is where you can start talking about the standings here for a moment. If you're the Yankees, you're looking at you got the same records the Twins were in first place, but you're in last place in the East and you might not make the playoffs at this stretch. Do you think that major League Baseball, because of the balance schedule being back, should go back to either a larger structure of American League East and West and get rid of these three divisions because back in the day that's what it used to be when the balance schedule did exist. Because these three divisions, again, you're not getting necessarily the best teams in the playoffs. And if you're Major League Baseball, you want the best teams in the playoffs because that's usually good theater, that's usually good ratings. And this is what Mike Glow was talking about, and I thought it was actually kind of provocative. I would rather have the best teams. What do divisions mean at this point? I don't want to get rid of divisions altogether the way he did, but I think maybe there's a middle ground where you chop it up to East and West as opposed to the East, West, Central and maybe just maybe you might get a better playoff product with these expanded playoffs. Your thoughts, Welsh, I like that was very good.
Speaker 3: I like that idea.
Speaker 2: I'm not beholden to divisions. I do think there would kind of be like, oh, why why do the Euston West get it? And why not the Central? And you know, why don't we do that and add another one? You know'll do like football, I think it's fine. I want the best teams to be in. I kind of hate when you look at a division and it's just like, you know, and L West has got you know, four teams above five hundred, and then you look over here and then there's just like one team that's barely over five hundred and the next you know, four game.
Speaker 1: The original sin of AI was here for a second. The original sin of these divisions was back in nineteen ninety four. So the first time, right before the strike. People forget this and at the time I remember this, the I think it was the Texas Rangers were leading that division. They were ten games under five hundred. So basically with you know, they shut down the season what July into July, I think it was right around there. Basically you know, there was a good chance that a team that was under five hundred was going to make the playoffs. And who knows if this system of the three divisions would have survived that, Like, I think a lot of people would have made a stick say this is a terrible idea, let's go back to the way it was. But the strike happened, and everybody forgot because they never happened. It never came to fruition, and then it got better after that. And you know, the limited playoffs, well, with the expanded playoffs, it's very interesting, and I get it. I understand why to the money around and all that nonsense, But the way you spread money around is to make money in the playoffs. You make money the playoffs by having the better teams and the bigger stars in those playoffs.
Speaker 2: I'm indifferent. I'm indifferent, like whatever makes the best product out there, and the best teams are out there, and we're not, you know, pushing up garbage teams because of a divisional thing. But the real, really only thing is like winning a division. That's the only like major advantage on either side of these. So if they want to do it, that's great. I don't know how that turned in from the Yankees being little bottom feeders here, but they're not going to play in it regardless.
Speaker 3: Hey, here's the cool thing.
Speaker 2: No matter what you do, no matter how you restructure all of this. Right now, Joe, if you were to do it today, Yanks aren't making the playoffs, they're not getting in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's get to Francisco Alvarez because I can still hot two more hits. Let's go. And Met's are beating up on the White Sox and I'm not really excited about that. It's just the thing they're doing right now. But man, oh man, as Francisco Alvarez been good. I got to ask you this, Well, you got the whole board in front of you. A catcher next year, what's that board look like? Give me your one, two, three ranking? Oh? Whereas adlely, where's Francisco Alvarez? Like, I mean, real Muto he in that conversation? No mo like he's gone.
Speaker 2: The tough part about that is, I'm not a catcher guy. If anybody's followed me knows, like, I don't really get into draft. Like the Ramutto stuff is fun, but I don't draft Romuto. I never do, ever, ever, ever, do I invest that high of a pick into catchers. So I want to say, look, I get what you're getting at here.
Speaker 3: I want to say Adley's probably at the top.
Speaker 2: I mean, Ramuta, by the way, is still valuable, and if he comes at a discount, I like it.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at the stats. If everybody's wondering what I'm doing here, I guess I would probably go Adle.
Speaker 2: I might still go Ramuto there, and then I think there's a tier combo here of Will Smith, Sean Murphy, and probably Francisco Alvarez, and someone might be screaming why not Jonaheim. I think Jonahan is gonna kind of backtrack. Maybe he's at the bottom of that tier, and maybe he's not in it. I don't know if I'm forgetting anybody statistically that's not really doing anything, but I think.
Speaker 3: That's like cases. I think he sits in the second here.
Speaker 1: I think boy to Alvarez and say, okay, I kind of know what Murphy is at this point in his career. He's in his quote unquote prime yep. Alvarez keeps doing what he's doing. There is like another gear potentially in Francisco Alvarez that here's what I'll give you really terrifying for the rest of the league.
Speaker 2: In Dynasty, I think you can make the argument that this is the number three catcher in Dynasty.
Speaker 1: I'd make the argument he's the number two catcher.
Speaker 2: And you could maybe do too, maybe Will Smith above. Will Smith is very.
Speaker 1: Young based on age, still he's just a kid.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm saying, like Will Smith is still young and he's not like an older catcher, and he provides I think Smith, No, he can't.
Speaker 3: I think he's twenty seven. Let's take a look here.
Speaker 1: That's a big difference. No, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: What I'm getting at is I think I think in these like three year windows, three four year windows.
Speaker 3: That I think he's safer.
Speaker 2: Francisco Alvarez is doing fantastic, by the way, but it's been a long road to get here to still a batting under two fifty, which is a little bit of a problem.
Speaker 1: And that's what the highest aid It was early on too, I mean it was dreadful early on. What are the numbers here on Alvarez looking at him just from let's say the last two months or the last sixty days or something like that. And again I don't want to judge somebody off that either because I understand that that is not indicative of the whole picture. But at the same time, I think we have to ask ourselves a question. You know, it's the beginning of his path if he stays on the current path. This is a very exciting time here for Francis l Alfres and Dynasty.
Speaker 2: In July he's hitting three eighty one with seven homers. Last month in June he hit one fifty one with four homers. In May he hit two ninety two, and in March through April he hit one ninety four. So that's what I'm talking about, the inconsistency. So you can make the argument you want to go all the way up to him being number two. You could do that in Dynasty. I think he can be three four, and Redraft I think he sits in that five spot. But it's more about the second tier, because I think there might be an elite tier, which really is like Adle and you can make arguments why he spoke wouldn't be there, and maybe Sean Murphy, and then you're gonna throw down all of these other guys that are in there. The rest of the year is going to be the separator. If he ends up hitting two thirty, If he hits two fifty and he's got twenty homers, you know what might be the first catcher that goes overall. I'm not so sure that happens. If he's down closer to two thirty that has twenty four homers, We're going to see the batting average downside, and we'll be and we'll have remembered like Gary Sanchez and maybe worry a little bit.
Speaker 1: But there are some safer batting average guy Sanchez too, Like Jason here made a comment that he's Gary Sanchez. He's already a better defensive catcher than Gary Sanchez is, and a lot of the pitchers have said they like throwing to him, and that's important. Also, it's part of this mix. The Orioles making moves. They are first place. That's right. I said it, the first place Orioles. It's a fun thing to say they made a move for Shintaro Fujinama Fujinami. Look, here's here's my point. They're they're making moves. They are looking to say, okay, let's address some of our needs. Let's start to pretend like we're actually in this because guess what, we are. They've got a deep farm system. I'm looking at the Orioles to make a move here. Sooner than later. They have gone past the Rays, which nobody thought any like. Ah, the Rays couldn't possibly give up this division right Well, guess what. The Orioles are in front right now. So I don't know how long it's going to last. Welsh. But to the point about moves, here's another one that I think is an interesting precursor. Speaking of precursors, pre Lander Barroa. See what I did there? See that segue robot couldn't do that? Welsh double A Arkansas twenty three year old kid just been brilliant recently, A two ninety three e a one point three zero whip a sixty nine strikeouts and forty six innings. So you bring this kid up, you have I'm working out of the bullpen. To me again, if I'm Seattle, I'm kind of with house money right now. I'm hovering that five hundred range. I'm like, look, you know what, let me move Seawald now to somebody else. I got a kid who can close. I've got some other young bullpen arms here. We might be able to get something out of I still think Sea Wall's that got to go because I think there's a couple of teams that would value him right now in that market, you can kind of do that thing where you're playing for this year, but you're really playing for next year. I think that's exactly what Seatle should be doing.
Speaker 3: Your thoughts, Yeah, I think that could be the case.
Speaker 2: I love prelandon Broa coming into this year, really good spin rates, guy pounds his own strikeouts. But then I think it was maybe April they moved him into a relief role. They just transitioned him from being a starter into pitching in relief in the minors, and he's had really great success in short stends.
Speaker 3: Velo can come back up. Prelander Barroa is a great real life option.
Speaker 2: He's not a good fantasy option. But to your point, this could be the start because they're ten games out right now in fourth in that division, that maybe they do do the one foot in one fin out where it's like, oh, we're making smaller moves. We trade Seawald, we've got Munnos, we've got some other bullpen pieces. If they don't see the future into that and they want to see what some of these guys are starting to look like and that's why they were aggressive with Bryce Miller. You're now seeing Prelander Baroa. I don't think pre Lander Burrow has any fantasy value whatsoever this year, but he is someone to watch if the success gets there. And to your point, they move on from a guy like Sea Wald, which would be phenomenal for Andres Munios.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely phenomenal for him, without a doubt. All right, let's continue on here now again. You know, different slate today, so there's not gonna be a lot of DFS talks because everything is going on here and I don't want to waste right now.
Speaker 3: I hated that woman woke up today. It wasn't like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't realize that either.
Speaker 2: There's like half the game with the Diamondbacks are playing right now. Half the games are already going on. It was a struggle trying to get like the right bets and the prize picks and all that stuff because half the games are gonna be done when we're posted.
Speaker 1: Well, i'll tell you what I already did too. So I mean, you know, because it's in the show sheets, so if you looked at it, maybe you know it's probably in there. Jason, by the way, wants to point out that what he means is the boom er bust of Gary Sanchez. Yes, Sanchez did get a lot of reps a catcher. He was a terrible defensive catcher with the Yankees. He had all kinds of problems with the pitching staff, all kinds of problems just catching the ball. They were so tough on him in the New York and he deservedly so. And they used to run these clips of it, missing balls and all these problems and these pass balls all over the places. But'll look it up, man, that was a real thing. Three up, the three down, the.
Speaker 3: Last, the last.
Speaker 2: Sorry, they're trying to pinpoint it's a it's a it's a it's a baseball move. Trying to get in there before you go to the next segment there. But well, I'll just say the last mess game I watched, Uh, they were specifically going through some of the work that Francisco Alvarez has been doing and changing defensively and how he's framing himself his body to there's this awful pass ball, you know what, eighty eight feet would ever bounced up and he had positioned himself perfectly to catch it, so that I think is one of the big changes because you have a you have a veteran staff that can call their own games if they want, and he just needs to be there defensively and he's doing that.
Speaker 3: But even if he wasn't.
Speaker 2: With Gary Sanchez, that was all about the bat, and his bat started to falter. And that's the thing I'm paying attention with Alpharez because we just got to make sure the bat is going to be consistent. He has wild swing months and based off of the trajectory of what we've seen, we're in for a not good one coming up here. It's only under two hundred or like three hundred. That's all that he does, I.
Speaker 1: Know, and I just want to see August in September. If he can find that milk ground, gonna be dangerous. You Darvish could be dangerous too. He is back on track. Excellent performance yesterday, six shoutout innings over the Blue Jay, seven strikeouts. That's the you Darvish I know and love. Will Benson won for three with a homer, so good on him as the Reds beat the Giants three two, and Justin Verlander, nice strikeout game for him, seven k's the over on there. Ching got that one as well at the six and a half. I think it was was high. You did it justin I'm so proud of you, you know, didn't do it the three down Carlos Rodin six runs and four and a third gross, Ryan Bellow Welsh not a good one. Torch for six runs four innings. Yesterday they got swept by the A's. What is that? How do you lose to it? Right? Swept or twitter three? I can't remember now either way. You lost too many games in the as. Can I just say that? Is that enough there? And why isn't Jaron Durant playing every day? Can we talk about that a little bit too, because that, like corn is a great manager. But I don't understand why Duran's not playing every day, Like the guy's basically hitting every time he's in the lineup. And I get like, there's veteran things and people you want to get this. I get all that, but you gotta win. You gotta stay relevant right now, and I don't know why Duran's not in the line up. More devors by the way over four with a K when he returned to the lineup after missing the last couple of days, but well, she you have any thoughts here on the Yankees kind of you know, going out there to La or at the or the Angels, laying a turd here basically against the Angels, And do you think that Aaron Judge can save them? Still?
Speaker 3: I definitely think so.
Speaker 2: Some years back, I worked at a radio station that was doing The Sun's draft. They did their draft and we went to their I'm fregeting what the stadium is now. We went to the stadium doing a draft party and they ended up trading all their draft picks. And they knew they were going to do this, and there's hundreds and hundreds of people there. Radio stations are there talking about it, and we're like, oh okay, and they trade it and then out comes Robert Sarver with a mari Stotdameyer who had been hurt the previous year, and they said.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it, because this is our draft pick. We did it.
Speaker 2: Look, everybody, we don't need picks. We got a Marie Stodameyer and everyone's like, okay, yay. That is similar to a I think how the Yankees might present everything. They'll make little to know moves everyone is going to be upset and they'll be like, hey, listen, here's the move we made.
Speaker 3: We got Aaron Judge back.
Speaker 2: And that's not good enough for Yankees, especially as you said so aptly.
Speaker 3: The land turns. You need more than you're going to do anything, or you.
Speaker 1: Just like the Angels who also hope too, because like that, that's the most dangerous thing. Like the worst thing for the Angels I think right now is to sweep the Yankees because that's a false hope for sure for them. We got to get these in before it's somebody's one o'clock games. So let's go Prize Picks. Sign up for Prize Pick, download the app, go to prizepicks dot com. But make sure when you sign up you use the promo code leading off. It's very easy. You get one hundred percent to pause a match up tow one hundred dollars when you use that promo code leading off. So good times there, Welsh. I'm gonna run through because I'm so excited about mine today. Blake Snell Pitcher strikeout six over more on Blake Snell in a moment, Tyler Glass now eight pitcher strikeouts. I'm gonna go under against Baltimore. So I'm going on under here. I think that's a very big number, eight eight and a half. I typically go the unders even with a big strikeout artists like Glass Now and then Chris Bassett combined with Blake Snell eleven strikeouts. I think Blake Snell can get to eleven by himself because why it's basically what has been doing for the last month and a half. So, Welsh, what are your prize picks for today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't even see that you had that.
Speaker 2: That was actually like, my absolutely favorite was the Bike Snell Basset combo, so yes, I have got that. I got Goldie on the Fantasy score. I actually had the hit Run RBI, which was one and a half, but I went with Fantasy score. That's a little bit better because Goldie can walk. I'm going with Riley Green runs point five. I got to get back on the board. I want to I want to rock a price picks. I haven't done that in a couple of weeks. So that's what we're gonna do here, Snell Basset Combo, Goldie Score, Raley Green Run.
Speaker 1: Let's cash it, Okay, let's cash it. Also, speaking of cash, let's talk a little BP action. So specifically on FanDuel today you have this option. It's the ladder bed of Blake Snell. The number at six and a half is already good at plus money plus one eighteen, so there you go. Then after that you've got options. So plus seven strikeouts or seven plus I should say, is plus one twenty very nice. Then eight or more plus two thirty nine plus plus four forty, and then ten plus eight seventy, so you can kind of, you know, go incrementally lower with some of these higher strikeout totals. You know, if you want to do, you want to minimize your risk a little bit. But I'm in today because the Blake Snell totals have been very good. So I've made the investment. I am climbing the ladder.
Speaker 3: With far going up the ladder.
Speaker 1: How far I went all the way to the I went all the way to the ten with a smaller way.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you something.
Speaker 1: I got a tough cop from the South side of Chicago.
Speaker 2: Hey, buddy, let me ask you. Let me ask you something about what anytime a month prior in this year did you think you would ever be out here promoting Blake's Snell ladder betting.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you no.
Speaker 3: I don't know, buddy.
Speaker 1: I actually kind of never thought I would get there. I never thought I But you know what, this just shows you what kind of a degenerate I am. I'm willing to say, you know what. Yeah, hey, this is what's happening. I'm gonna make money on it, regardless of whatever trepidation or concern that I had. But we are leaving this one right in the wire before the one o'clock starts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay. By the way, I would do the six seven eight. That's the one.
Speaker 2: I like two units on six, one and a half on six and a half and then go to seven.
Speaker 3: But eight I have Blake Snell six and a half over. That was my bet before.
Speaker 2: I like Seattle money line through the first five innings.
Speaker 3: I like that one and this one.
Speaker 2: I put together a little bit go Goldie and Wander Franco both to just get a single hit. That's a combo parlay that is minus one oh five.
Speaker 1: Wonky nailed it here, Joe promoting Blake's and el Ladder betting is when the sitcom jumps the shark. It is so in the in the immortal words of phonsie A and people don't know that. That's what jump the Shark is from. A lot of people don't know that. A little trivial trivia for you or trivial.
Speaker 2: We had somebody with the paint the town red message us about that.
Speaker 1: We got all that was great on Twitter. Yeah. Yes, I love the educational See. I love that. I love when, like you forget that you even have a conversation about something or say something kind of innocuous, and then somebody decides, like I'm gonna go find out the answer to that, and it comes and brings it to you. I love that. I love the Peanuts and the Crackerjacks. You're the best people on the planet. I don't care what Welsh says, or mayor for that matter. Let's also talk about another way to have fun with fantasy baseball, and that way, of course, is so rare. So go sign up today fantasypros dot com slash collect that's what you want to do, and of course it's free. It's fantasy. It's yards yea bye you selly scout. You put your lineup together. See that's what you do, you know, lasses on the South side of Chicago. So maybe I should like kind of get in that that street tough kind of voice here. All right, listen, Pal, I want you to sign up for so rec and then you go all that and you join the other league and you go play a fancy pros dot com slash leading off. All right, that Pali and great things, say a Kapa. I don't have to take any of y'all guff. That's right, Welsh. No, So do you have a home run call? That is the question.
Speaker 3: I have a home run call. By the way, these early games, these.
Speaker 1: I hate this. Today is a terrible day for for this you know, time frame, because there's really barely anything happening. I want to win, like you know, like single game contests and stuff like that, but it's.
Speaker 3: Like fun stuff.
Speaker 2: I made a bet before the show and it's like I can't promote it, and it I mean, you know, knock on wood here, But I did the Diamondbacks U Braves under through the first three innings at two and a half runs and we're at the bottom of the third with no runs scored, and it's just like a man, these early games kill me on missed opportunities for us to talk about with you.
Speaker 3: But if you're.
Speaker 2: Following into the groups, you can obviously check out all the stuff we have over a Betty pros. All right, my home run call today, I am going with the peat of Alonzo's I'm gonna go with Pete Alonso on the big home run call here today because we had like four games to choose from that weren't tied up against this show.
Speaker 1: Yes, also JP saying, and he might be right. Perfect night to spend three hours at Oppenheimer? Is it three hours? I guess it is. It's Christopher Nolan, so really I can only hope at one point it gets the like a dream within a dream about the atomic bomb and something.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna Are you gonna do the Barbieheimer? Are you gonna do the Barbie? When the Barbie Oppenheimer? Back to back viewing.
Speaker 1: I think they're both movies that I will watch. I do like the Barbie movie looks funny. I have two daughters like they if they see it, they think it's funny. They're gonna want me to watch it. And it Margo Robbie's great Gosling's a funny guy that got some good cameos in there. I think Kate McKinnon did it she's terrific. Well I am, well, Farrell's it, like, I guarantee you that's probably like a fun ninety minute whatever it is. Maybe it's an hour forty five, Oppenheimer, I do want to see. The question is do I want to see a movie for three hours in the theater nowadays or do I want to see it on my giant television downstairs in the barroom. That is the question.
Speaker 2: The only thing though, is like I think this movie, in its spectacularness of no cgi it's kind of designed to like see it in person.
Speaker 3: And you know.
Speaker 2: The unfortunate thing is is I my kid actually was interested in seeing it, but from what.
Speaker 1: I've heard, he wants to see He did.
Speaker 3: He thought it was interesting. I thought it was fascinating.
Speaker 2: But we're not going to see it because of a scene that doesn't need to well, I mean they there's a scene in there that's not for children, and I've been told so probably not going to see that one.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you about it off air, so I don't get it on camera.
Speaker 2: But yes, I want to see it, but I'm I have family, so I can't do the Barbenheimer, I can't do the barbell.
Speaker 1: The kids my daughters are away with their mom on vacation for a couple of days. So actually I have Saturday for you where I could go see the open for the three hours and should do.
Speaker 3: You should do the back to back. You should do both of them, the back to back. You should dress up too.
Speaker 2: You could you could first dress up as as the Oppenheimer, and then you could dress up as Ken.
Speaker 1: I'll have I'll shave my entire body, but I'll wear the fedora hat. How's that sound?
Speaker 3: I love it. I think it'd be a great look.
Speaker 2: By the way, could I present I don't know if we're gonna hit it this year because the clock is ticking. But as far as like getting to the fifteen thousand and the wig, could I present a Ken wig a blonde comb dough.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're gonna get it. I love the peanuts and cracker Jacks, but we know what time. It's summertime. I don't think we're gonna get to fifteen. Fourteen was beyond our wildest estimations. Yeah, but when we get to fifteen, we will do the wigs. We will do next year. Thing next year one hundred percent. And speaking of as things go, too. Like I said, we are going to be here in August and September. We're still working on that schedule. It probably won't be a five day week schedule, but we will be here. So we are not abandoning the baseball like some other places do. ESPN just abandoned the baseball together a couple of years ago. They just said that we're not gonna do it anymore. Basically, not us, not here at Fantasy Pros, and we appreciate you hanging out with us again. It's a lighter day. Some good discussion here. I'd love to hear from the people in the comments what they think about getting rid of the divisions and just let's go back to a structure, maybe just slice it in half American League, National League teams. I know that's a tricky potential thing there, but I don't know. I mean, it's something to consider. It's something to think about. Is it worth it to get the best teams in the playoffs or do you think the regionalism is important still from Major League Baseball and the revenue for those teams. It's a great conversation. So that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on For the Welsh, I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids, Bye bye bye