Speaker 1: Welcome to Dirty Rush, The Truth about sorority Life with your hosts me Gia, Judice.
Speaker 2: Daisy Kent, and Jennifer Kessler. Welcome back to another episode of Dirty Rush. Today we get to hear your wildest spring break stories. Okay, we have our next caller. Monica's here with us.
Speaker 3: Hey Monica, Hi Daisy, so great to meet you.
Speaker 2: You too, So where did you go to school?
Speaker 4: I went to University of Arizona.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I bet you have a crazy story.
Speaker 3: I went on a spring break trip in Aspin with my sorority sisters.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you know, like like recently or what like my senior year.
Speaker 3: Okay, we were day drinking at a bar and there was a DJ, so of course you know DJ day drinking.
Speaker 2: Just how high when you're drunk? Any DJ is amazing?
Speaker 3: Right, It's so true, especially when there's like a good song on you just like you throw our heads up at you.
Speaker 2: You're in the moment.
Speaker 4: So how happened?
Speaker 3: So again in the moment and not giving anything about anything. My best friend got up on a table and of course it's an.
Speaker 2: Elevated, elevated surface. Yes, we love elevated surfaces.
Speaker 3: When you're drinking with the DJ, and she slipped and fell off the table and she cracked her head open, like bad, bad, very bad, and so all of us, you know how girls are, like, we just band together when we were like drinking and it's like, yo, we have.
Speaker 4: To go support each other.
Speaker 3: But we did, and eight of us sorority sister has gotten an uber with her and took her to the emergency room.
Speaker 2: Just everyone's showing up drunk, got second emergency emergency rooms, worst.
Speaker 4: Night, and they were all playing.
Speaker 3: It took so long that we played Truth or Dare in the waiting room and she ended up getting staples in her head and she was okay and she rallied Okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: She from that moment, did she rally on?
Speaker 3: No, We took her like when she started bleeding, so then you know, we went to the emergency room and yeah, she had.
Speaker 4: To wear like uh on it And for the rest of the trip.
Speaker 2: Did she have a concussion?
Speaker 4: No? No, she was totally okay.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: She rallied on afterwards with her wrap on.
Speaker 2: Nice. Yeah, I had a great. Was the rest of the trip great?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean Aspen's great, so you know, yeah, it was fine.
Speaker 2: Well, good thing, nothing like worse happened exactly exactly. That's great. Did you go did you usually go to Aspen for spring break or did you go now?
Speaker 4: I typically do, like.
Speaker 3: The Mexico stuff, like the Cobo stuff, because yeah, okay to share that you went to Cabo for your spring break.
Speaker 4: So but you were sober during the.
Speaker 2: Spring Breakay, so that was actually in Cancun?
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay? Was that that was intentional because you weren't feeling good or was.
Speaker 2: It because yeah, I was on like a bunch of medication and stuff, so I couldn't drink for like eight nine months. Wow, I was sober, like basically I was so basically my whole entire senior year, oh wow, which was crazy because.
Speaker 4: You're in college.
Speaker 2: I learned so much. Like I had all the tea, all the gossip. I knew everything.
Speaker 3: Were you like Mama Daisy taking care of everybody or the d D and like.
Speaker 2: No, I was kind of just like watching everyone.
Speaker 3: It's like you're a fly on the wall see everybody with their drug behavior.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because everybody's truth comes out. So I'm sure you heard everything.
Speaker 2: I heard everything.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you were like, oh you told me that last night and yeah, like I don't remember saying.
Speaker 2: And spring break was crazy too, because like it was just like a mix of schools and people were hooking up with other people, and like I somehow was like I just knew everything. And then I would wake up and like debrief with all my friends and'd be like.
Speaker 4: Wait, what the day report? Yeah that's cue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like you know, this guy hooked up with this girl last night. Now he's looking up with this girl the next night.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 4: But oh my, oh my gosh. Did you go to Cancun every spring break or did you do a trip?
Speaker 2: So I usually went with like my family because I had like younger siblings, so we would all meet up over a spring break. But I went to or actually, no, one year we went. I went to Arizona for the first half. My brother went to Asu he's a year older. And then the second half of you went to Newport is.
Speaker 4: One of our house California.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that was freshman year. Sophomore year, like what do we do? Sophomore year? I don't remember what I did. And then junior year, I think everyone went to Cabo and I didn't go that year. And then senior year, we all went to Cantcon CanCon.
Speaker 4: So which one was your favorite?
Speaker 2: Honestly, you probably can't. Coon. I mean it was really fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Cancuon's a place to be. Yeah, and Cabo and all that for spring break. Yeah, it's like a hub. Yeah, yeah, that's cool. That's fun.
Speaker 2: Well, that's crazy. I'm glad that your friend was okay and it wasn't worse than it.
Speaker 4: Was, I know.
Speaker 3: I think also it's like, when you're in that mindset, you just want to rally because you're having so much fun. You don't want anything to ruin because we all have this vision of spring break of what it's supposed to be. It's like a party and have fun, being responsible, but you know we're kind of letting loose, you know for earlier somebody.
Speaker 2: Everyone has everyone around you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's a fun.
Speaker 3: So it's like you don't want to ruin that vibe for anybody and go home early. And like you're going home and you're like, oh, sorry, mom and dad, I cracked my head open, you know, so it's like kind of just keep going. But you know, she was fine, everything was okay, you know, So she did rally on but she was cautious, but she was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So well I'm glad. Yeah, okay, Well, thank you so much for coming on. Thought it was great talking with you.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, we have our next caller. I'm here with Grace.
Speaker 4: Hey, Hi Daisy, how are you good?
Speaker 2: How's it going? Thanks for coming on.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Do you have any crazy spring break stories?
Speaker 1: Okay, I couldn't really think of a great one on my own, but I have one that I love about my sister.
Speaker 2: Oh that's amazing.
Speaker 1: So I I went to the same collage as my sister and she was a freshman. Oh no, she was a sophomore at this time and I was a senior. Okay, fun, and we both kind of split up for spring break. I went and did something with my friends, and then she went to Cobbo with all of her friends.
Speaker 4: Okay, and a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: I honestly, a couple of months prior to this, she had started telling me like, there's this boy in my accounting class that I think is so cute. I don't know how to talk to him.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: So she goes on spring break, and the first half of spring break we did our own thing. The second half, we met up with our family.
Speaker 2: Oh that's fun and Cobo, Yes, oh I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a really fun plan and kind of got the best of both worlds. But she comes back to our family and she like walks them to this lunch the first time we see her. When she arrives and she is like floating, We're like, what is going on? What happened to you?
Speaker 2: And she's see a counting boy and she goes.
Speaker 1: And that a boy. We're like, this is too drama, but tell us about it. She's like, it's the boy from accounting we made contacted squid Row and both walked up to each other. Long story shore. They ended up spending the whole entire trip together. Merged to their friend groups, a bunch of like the guys liked the girls that she.
Speaker 2: Was hanging out, Like, that's cute.
Speaker 1: They had like such a fun couple of days.
Speaker 2: They had the best spring breakover.
Speaker 1: Best spring breakover. They're still dating to this day, two yours.
Speaker 2: Now, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Last weekend I went back to Cabo with my family and he was invited.
Speaker 4: I know when we got to it.
Speaker 1: Things can you guys, these can happen on squid ro you guys a good thing. It's not always good thing, manifested, but yeah, I think it's just like such a funny story because also yeah, them, they're like the most really expecting people to be in a trashy bar.
Speaker 2: But it's a really happy spring break story. She like manifested that like telling you about this, I know in an accounting.
Speaker 1: I know, seriously, I love it for her.
Speaker 2: They walk eye contacted squid row squid row. However, guys like so cute. Did you go to Cabo for four years for college?
Speaker 1: No? My first year I actually went to Florida with some friends. We went to US Palm Beach, which was fun. And then one year I went to California to visit some of my friends who went to different schools like USC and Santa Barbara and stuff, and I did kind of like a week in California, which was fun.
Speaker 2: Fun.
Speaker 1: Cabo one year and then actually Cobo twice.
Speaker 2: Nice. Yeah, spring break should be like mandatory for like all periods of life.
Speaker 1: I know, it was fun to go this past weekend with my family because both my younger sisters are still in college, so I got own like many spring break and that.
Speaker 2: The were there like friends still there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of their friends were still there and we went to hang out with that. It was really fun, and I mean, I'm so jealous. I'm like, can I get spring break?
Speaker 2: Back?
Speaker 1: To your point, I think it should be mandatory.
Speaker 2: When I have kids, I'm like totally crashing their spring break. I'm going to be.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be. I think you should be.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much for coming on. Of course, have a great rest of your day too.
Speaker 4: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: H Okay, we have our next caller. Mari is here.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear your spring break story. We've been having so many great stories. So where did you go to college?
Speaker 4: I went to cal Berkeley.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, so cool. I feel like we've had right but I feel like we've had quite a few people from there that I've been on this podcast since we've had it going. But where did you go for spring break?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 5: The most memorable one was our senior year and it was like obviously, like so exciting because we all know we're graduating, and we all decided to go to Cancun.
Speaker 2: Okay, and that's where I went for my senior So I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it so good.
Speaker 5: It was so fun and I was so excited. The beaches are gorgeous and it's like the first day there, and of course we've been like working all spring to get beach and bikini ready and go have fun. And stupidly I did not think about like I had never been to Mexico and tried all the food food and the different so I did everything wrong and I was having salads and drinking.
Speaker 4: Water that was not bottled.
Speaker 5: So like day two, I wake up so nauseous and I was like, oh, yeah, I didn't even drink that much, Like, how can I be this nauseous? What is wrong with me? It turned out I just got some like food poisons of food poisoning. Yes, so the like by day three, I was not getting better, and they called the hotel doctor.
Speaker 4: I didn't speak Spanish. I took French in college. Yeah. She comes in and he.
Speaker 5: Has a like a needle that is probably like four inches long. No, yes, And the nice friend of mine who was helping translate, was like, he needs to do it in your backside, in your butt, So he gave me this huge shot.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what it was, but didn't help.
Speaker 4: It made me feel better Okay.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. So were you just down for like a day?
Speaker 4: I was down for like three days until I got the shot. I know, I know, so here.
Speaker 5: Like I was, so you know how you envisioned perfect great and.
Speaker 2: Then like when you're feeling that sick, like all you want to do is be home in bed.
Speaker 4: Exactly, yeah, exactly exactly. So I learned, like I guess the trick is you take pepto.
Speaker 5: In the morning and the evening just to one and then yeah, don't like drink top water.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, did anyone else get sick? No?
Speaker 4: I was the only one.
Speaker 5: You me.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm sorry, live in the way for your senior.
Speaker 4: I know, I'm so sorry. I know. It was definitely memorable.
Speaker 2: But yeah, definitely for sure memorable. Well do you have any other stories at all from college? I reel like.
Speaker 5: There was just so many fun ones because later that a few nights later when we were there, like one of the bars in Cancun, I don't they had like a dance contest and one of my friends was like this amazing dancer.
Speaker 2: She fully won, Like that's amazing and free shots and free we love spring break.
Speaker 5: I know, I know she was up there and just so into it's so fun.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much for coming on the pot.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me yet.
Speaker 2: You too, Thank you guys for tuning in to Dirty Rush. If you have any crazy spring break stories, make sure to call in and let us know. I know now is the time for spring break. Also, be safe, have fun, Bye guys,