Speaker 1: Is it nice to not be blocked?
Speaker 2: Say what? Yeah? That was that was clutch. Take a gimme all day.
Speaker 3: Did you think it was a safety?
Speaker 2: No? I know the forward momentum.
Speaker 1: Uh, how's the defensive line playing overalls?
Speaker 3: Like sometimes you bring in Kim have five guys? What's that like?
Speaker 2: I think tonight all around as a unit was one of the best performance, well, the best performance we've had together. Just winning rushes everybody really fast, sometimes too fast where you could get it out, and but the interior Eric and Javon just and uh, Javon just had really good games today.
Speaker 1: How much of your emphasis in this game was just making sure that Daniel Jones didn't beat you.
Speaker 2: Guys with his legs? It was big. Yeah, I think we did a pretty darn good job with that. Just getting guys right in his face quick and being disciplined on the edge was good.
Speaker 4: Did you've been here.
Speaker 2: With this group? I'd have to watch the tape, But the amount of rushes that we won as a unit was I'm sure the pressures are pretty high. We definitely wanted more sex, but it's just how it goes.
Speaker 1: Eric said that you guys did a little lobbying to get those five man fronts out there with Javon got it in there to Steve Wilks, So, well, what was that process like to be able to convince him and how rewarding was it to be able to get those five man.
Speaker 2: It was great. Whenever something works, you don't want to change it. So, Uh, Javaon was pretty adamant about it throughout the week. Uh to get it called. And when you call it and it works, you you you get it called a couple more times this year. Gravan, Oh huge. He's just been healthy and a really good off season of training, so he's able to use the tools that he has and I think he's going to keep ascending.
Speaker 1: Daniel Jones had to carries five yards. Does that surprise you that he didn't try.
Speaker 3: To run more?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was a little surprised they didn't. They didn't go with the zone read game a little bit, which kind of hurt us back in twenty twenty. But I guess they realized they figured that we emphasized it throughout the week, so maybe they didn't go to it, but we expected that we didn't get that much. But yeah, he was. He was getting rid of it more than trying to extend plays like we watched the first couple of games.
Speaker 4: You've always been confident about party in the beginning, but you see him blits this much. You can see they clearly wanted to get into him. Put up a three or two and or too touchdown note reception. What do his essay to you about.
Speaker 2: I'm extremely confident in him, and I know when I see him after games he's he's never too high, never too low. So even when there are plays out there that he misses, he's very very keen on trying to make those improvements. But he's still have an amazing day.
Speaker 4: You guys don't care about social media, but it's a national game.
Speaker 3: I guess it was some.
Speaker 4: Social media commentary early on, especially that he was missing passes. Does anybody on the team care about that? Are you amused by that? There always seems to be this constant He's not that great chatter out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I've done a pretty good job of staying off social media this year, so especially with the going into the deal getting done. So it's definitely a healthier way to live your life. I'm one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Sure the passer calling on the Giants or the second quarter how do you work on that as a defensive line, even though you're very, very physical, How do you work on that then you not get those calls especial because it's so a ticky tack nowadays.
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's pretty clear rule when when you hit a guy and all you have to do is put your hands on the ground and not land on him. I had one, a pretty big one last year in Seattle, and uh, I kind of just lost my head. But it's becoming a little more a little easier for us to you want to crush the quarterback, but just not how it goes these days.
Speaker 4: Defensive line.
Speaker 2: I think. So maybe a backer fit in with Fred and Dre.
Speaker 4: Bright score tackles.
Speaker 1: I don't know watching but does it do something?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Chris goes nuts and we laugh at him, but yeah, he's Debo and Christian and George. Just the amount of physical runs they have definitely gets us going as a defense. Yeah, he has some goofy uh celebrations on the side line.
Speaker 1: What's your mindset when the play is going away from you and you know they're going away from good that the other guys are getting a little.
Speaker 2: I try to switch up the sides to to kind of confuse the coordinator, uh, and to get I got a few runs my side this game, and I think I did a pretty good job. But yeah, the runs usually go the other way. But I think with Cleveland and and Drake and Carrie, we have really good edgeshutters across the board.
Speaker 4: So you said that in the huddle, which side you're going to be on, you tell, you tell the other end.
Speaker 2: I just tell the other end to stay in the middle until they break, and then I go whatever said, Yeah, thank you, m hm.