Speaker 1: My alias, would it be Danny Amandola.
Speaker 2: No, I think it would go with Francisco, Francisco, Delaware.
Speaker 3: Francisco Delaware. Yeah, I'm not even gonna ask you where that you're from. Mine's Bobby Whiskers because I got whiskers all over the place out here, like my hairs growing.
Speaker 1: I kind of shaved last night.
Speaker 2: My name's Rob.
Speaker 3: Bobby Whiskers goes really well and it works every time.
Speaker 2: That's like an Italian like wise guy like nickname. Hey Bobby Whiskers. Welcome to Dudes On Dudes. I'm Julian Edelman.
Speaker 3: And I'm Rob Gronkowski and this is the show where your favorite dudes get to talk about their favorite dude. And since today is twelve twelve, we're talking about some great twelves from the world of football. What kind of twelve was you talking about? A dude that has a bunch of rings?
Speaker 2: One word legend. I grew up watching this guy at nine o'clock before the Niners games. Oohege starts football players college.
Speaker 3: He's in a category of his own. And to be that well conditioned, that's that's what it is. What about a legend that's no stranger to a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Oo, who's that?
Speaker 3: And no, we're not talking about Tom Brady again. Okay, we're not talking about Tom. We already talked about him.
Speaker 2: And then we wrap it up with twelve things that we're freaking thankful for. This is a holiday episode.
Speaker 1: Yes we do. Let's go, Baby, Let's go.
Speaker 2: Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeart Radio. Dudes on twelves. We know we love dudes.
Speaker 3: And if a dude's are twelve out of ten duels, let me tell you he's a stud.
Speaker 2: Automatically that makes a mistud. But you know what I call that?
Speaker 1: It's what's that?
Speaker 2: A Brady? Oh, a dude that's twelve out of ten?
Speaker 3: That is a Brady. And technically he is twelve too. He's twelve. He's a twelve. He's literally and figuratively twelve, and emotionally he's like a twenty out of ten emotional, I mean, especially during the football days.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we should just get going. Because it's twelve twelve, twenty four. We decided that we wanted to do an episode of dudes who represent the number twelve. Now we've already done Brady, so we can't do Brady, which is weird if we're doing a twelve episode, is that not a little weird?
Speaker 3: Because I would say he's possibly the greatest twelve of us, all of all time, no matter what sport we're talking now we already did toms.
Speaker 2: Who are other some great twelves?
Speaker 3: Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodger, Namath name Randall Conningham, Kenny Stabler, Oh Kenny Stabler.
Speaker 2: Oh Randall Conney. I can't row back.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I like I used to.
Speaker 2: Love Randall Conningham. Who else is good twelve? And yet? What other sports are twelves? Doug Williams, Doug Dougie Williams, one of my favorite, Dusty Baker, He's my favorite Giants manager. Basseootball player. When he played though, When he played though, he was number twelve. I believe there's not who's a good twelve baseball player.
Speaker 3: There's not many twelves out there. You know what about twice? Kind of a random number he was he was twelve. He was Twight Howard was number twelve in the NBA.
Speaker 1: No way.
Speaker 2: Was he number He was number twelve, Dwight Howe.
Speaker 3: He just he was not number twelve. That would be like weird. Was he really number twelve in the NBA. Whoa, I never seen that before.
Speaker 2: John Stockton, John Stockton, Oh, John Stockton.
Speaker 3: One of the greatest pastors of all time. Big pest loved the guy, got love watching his highlights. Wade Boggs, Yeah, Wade Boggs.
Speaker 1: What a name?
Speaker 2: Grant Williams with the Celts.
Speaker 1: Oh alright, alright.
Speaker 2: What about all right? So twelves are special theme day.
Speaker 3: Let's let'sten. Let's do some math related twelve problems. All right, let's go, what's twelve squared? Oh, that's easy, one forty four. Al right, it's twelve times twelve. I mean that's like the first like difficult easy math problem that you that you were supposed to solve in like third grade. Yeah, and it just flows, well, twelve times twelve because one forty four.
Speaker 2: What's three hundred divided by twelve?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a tough one.
Speaker 3: Well, if it's one forty four twelve times twelve, So then if you had one forty four plus one forty four, that equals to eighty eight, so twenty five because yeah, twenty five twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Now I calculate my math problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I kind of like, that's kind of like how I calculated, like plays in my head as well.
Speaker 2: That's kind of how they do math now with kids like these, I'm learning the masks. I thought you'd just carry the one and stuff. Now it's like there's a whole bunch of different pictures. I'm learning right now in second grade.
Speaker 3: My next question, love these math problems. I can hang out here all day, jeels if you ask me this stuff.
Speaker 2: What's twelve times sixty nine? Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh well, yeah, well let me let me calculate again. So I figured out that three hundred divided by twelve is twenty five, so so twenty five, so two of those would be fifty would be no, it would be fifty, which would be six hundred. Right, So then now we got nineteen more to go. So what's nineteen times twelve? So twelve times twelve is one forty four, So one forty four plus six hundred I mean plus yeah, six hundred, seven forty four. So now we got seven times twelve to go. Still correct, right, So seven times ten is seventy So then seven times two is fourteen, so that's eighty four, So seven forty four plus eighty four, all right, let's calculate that is uh, seven forty four plus eighty four. Let me get all right, seven forty four plus one hundred now is eight forty four minus sixteen.
Speaker 1: Eight twenty eight. Yeah, baby, let's go.
Speaker 3: I told you I'm the mathematician. Baby, all right, Now you see how I break it down. You gotta riyth the tooth math dow. Alright, alright, all right, let's do that.
Speaker 2: Let's do a word from algorithm. If a movie is two hours in twelve minutes, how many minutes is that? Alright?
Speaker 3: Well, sixty sixty one twenty plus twelve one thirty two one hundred thirty two minutes.
Speaker 2: Easy.
Speaker 3: I like that one a lot better than time sixty nine, even though I had sixty nine. And I like that one a lot better.
Speaker 2: Numbers, got I like easy numbers.
Speaker 3: You made me work with the twelve times sixty nine man, And well that's why this is sixty nine. And that's a lot of work. That was pretty fascinating to see how you did the math.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of wanted to.
Speaker 2: I was listening to you do the math, and I was like, that's how he's doing that math.
Speaker 1: Can you believe I got that right?
Speaker 2: Though? In the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't, Like with all the numbers, I was going up and down. I was doing multiplication on the side.
Speaker 2: No, I can't, thank you. Yeah, remembering thank you. You always knew a contract like so he and a cap number. I just remember in the locker room, you knew cap numbers and and and freaking salaries. Like how many years out he's getting twelve two a year? Dude, what how did you get?
Speaker 1: Well? Because that was like basic math.
Speaker 3: I'm like, really good at the basic math and multiplication and division and stuff like twenty. Like he's got a three year deal for twenty four million dollars. I mean you just break that down real quick. That's a guarantee eight million dollars a year. I'm like, that's just kind of like basic math.
Speaker 2: Usually division guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I don't know how.
Speaker 3: I was just saying any random contractver average guaranteed in the NFL is probably about two or three years. So if it's a three year contract, that's definitely a two year guarantee. So that would be sixteen million dollars guaranteed. But he's a better player than most players, so he got eighteen million dollars guaranteed, so the third year would be really hard to cut him. Still, So it's kind of like a twenty four million dollar guarantee because he made it half of it guaranteed and that last year, so you can't cut him because you're gonna take a beating if you do cut him, So you might as well just guarantee the whole.
Speaker 2: And the player took that because he was basically saying, if we get to the last year of the deal, you better fucking pay me again. Yeah, exactly, Okay, we feel like you don't.
Speaker 3: You can cut me and I still get the I still get two or three or four million dollars because I added that little extra guarantee to it.
Speaker 2: Man, I wonder what Cassario and Belichick think when we knew all their little fucking schemes. Fid let me earn it, you know what I'm talking about? Casario?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Caserio doing a great job in Houston. He's coming for you still, He's still coming for you.
Speaker 2: I love Sterio. I remember how yell little buds. No, the last contract some guy got paid. I won't bring up his name that I got really disrespectful. Just want a Super Bowl MVP. I'm like, and I'm over here negotiating with these guys, and I wanted five hundred more to be at this guy's number, who wasn't even half the caliber player. And the Patriots always say, we don't negotiate against the market. I go in there and I was like, not going to like a couple off season workouts. That's that's the extent of our sitting out when you're a Patriot. I wasn't going to march fucking optional workouts just to prove a point. And I fucking finally go in there. I see Cassario at the goddamn water cooler. I go, Nick, are you fucking out of your mind? We're five hundred off. Put it in incentives and let me fucking earn it. At least give me the chance to earn the fucking money. And I was getting loud with them, and he's like, Dick doesn't like any confrontation, so he's like, jewels, you know. I'm like, Nick, put it down. He's like, I got it, we'll get it, we'll get it done. I'm like all right, and I fucking yelled. I basically bullied him in to give me an incentive, well to be fair on your side. They were paying you, they were trying to give you a contract that was a half million dollars less. Then I'm not going to say his name than the guy that played your position who had like half the amount of catches and touchdowns and had no Super Bowl resume at all, no playoff experience, no playoff catches, and he got five hundred thousand more than you in the free agent market. So to be on your side was a free agent, yeah, but it doesn't matter if you were in a free agent or not. You could have been in the in the future and you were just trying to take a team friendly deal. To be fair on your side to earn that incentive as well, to just have the equal contract to that person that was having a bigger payday than you, that had a half of a resume of your resume.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 3: I'm all on your earn that money. You earned it and he earned it, Ben I got it and he earned it. Earned are many jewels that you got in the NFL. It wasn't given to you. It wasn't like you stole it. There's people that steal money in the NFL to sign a big deal and the next thing.
Speaker 1: You know, they vanished. You earned every penny.
Speaker 3: Brother, I wish I could have been a mistake for a team, though I know you would have probably made like twenty five million dollars more.
Speaker 2: If I didn't take that last deal, and I would have waited till a free agent with the new markets, I would have been sailing off in the old dusty sunset bro drinking my ties on a goddamn beach in Fahiti, Fiji for some kind of some kind of e with some feet.
Speaker 1: Stop it, because then you wouldn't be here with the tars on. Dudes.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it. Let's let's jump into it. Let's jump into it. We're gonna do it a little differently this time. What we're gonna do is we're gonna read the AI version and see if you guys can guess who we're talking about. We won't drop their name, and then we'll announce his name, but we will start the clock four then and it will start right now. AI summary, Let's see what we got.
Speaker 3: Standing at six foot three and weighing two hundred and fifteen pounds, this legendary quarterback was drafted first overall in nineteen seventy woo. We have a true throwback on our hands, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Nineteen seventy number one.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was from where I was negative nineteen years old in nineteen seventy, I was negative sixteen twenty six. No, I was negative twenty six years old. No, you were born in nineteen eighty six. Yeah, so eight nineteen eighty six minus nineteen seventy is negative sixteen years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just making I want to see if your math was right.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks to you. Let's for checking on it and making me look like a superstar. All right, Well.
Speaker 3: This guy played fourteen seasons in the NFL fourteen. Oh so you were a negative two when he retired and I was negative.
Speaker 2: Five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was negative five when he retired. Yeah, so he's this is old.
Speaker 1: We got old buck.
Speaker 2: On our hand. Who is old? He's there?
Speaker 3: All right, I don't know who it is. Let's keep going. He was known for his strong arm and fearless style.
Speaker 2: Fearless.
Speaker 1: He led his team the four.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl titles in six years, earning two Super Bowl MVPs with over twenty seven thousand career passing yards and two hundred and twelve touchdowns. Louisiana native. He wore twelve his entire football career. Off the field, I think I know who this is now.
Speaker 2: I have a look at the pictures so I know.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I don't, you know, take shortcuts like that. But off the field, he's known for his charisma and humor, making him a beloved broadcaster and entertainer. Ladies and gentlemen, Today's first twelve on twelve twelve, twenty twenty fours.
Speaker 2: Who Jules, Let's get on, Terry Bradshaw.
Speaker 1: Let's roll, baby, Let's roll.
Speaker 2: Old uncle Terry. All right, Julianne, Uncle Terry.
Speaker 3: What's the first thing you think of when you hear Terry Bradshaw?
Speaker 2: One word? Legend?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I mean I grew up watching this guy every morning at nine o'clock before the Niners games. Uh. Didn't really know his his career. I mean, like as a real football head until I got older, until we started like getting to research stuff. You always knew of who he was because he had four Super Bowls and he was part of the Pittsburgh Steelers, which is like a foundational organization for the AFL NFL. But then I got to you know, then we got to work with him and he's just like a fucking awesome dude. He's like just the best. He's such a good dude. And he you know, he he's been very such a big heart, big heart he and and he's he's a superstar. And he makes you feel comfortable like in the world when we jump into that world of being, you know, in TV. Terry Bradshaw, I mean, he's he's one of the reasons why Fox is what Fox is right now.
Speaker 3: He's a starter, he's like, what is a parent founder, He's he's a founder of the Kickoff pregame show.
Speaker 2: He's a founder of the Kickoff Show. And him and is how how he's in there, Howie Long and Jimmy Johnson has waeye Johnson. And I think it started with James Brown. James James Brown, my.
Speaker 3: Guy who went over to where Yes, let's not talk about because we have Kurt Manafee. Now, yeah, we got here at Fox. We got Kurt Manafee. It's the pleasure to have him.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that switch happened.
Speaker 3: I don't know, j B, but I can't imagine having anyone else besides Kurt Manafee.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, But back to Terry he's just a he's like a country dude. He has a story and a joke for anything. Do you remember that the joke he got Brady on where he tells this long he told this long story. He's got everyone. We're on this trip a seminar, and he's telling this story about a dog or something, and like he he knows how to get the story going. I mean, it was a fifteen minute like starting story or pitch. What do you call that? A fifteen minute set up? Like he was setting them up for fifteen minutes, all for a five second punchline, all for a five cent. He's sitting there like.
Speaker 1: You're you're sitting there like your job.
Speaker 2: You're all sitting there.
Speaker 3: Like you're drooling, like like what's going to happen next?
Speaker 2: He's that great of a story to I forget the punchline. But all the other guys, Howie, Jimmy, Michael, they've heard that. He tells this damn joke. But he's got he's got Brady on the hook. Brady's sitting there shedding a tear. It's about some dog or something. This dog's dying or something. And I forget what the punchline is. But freaking how he comes in and he goes, oh the old lady, Yeah, that's a sad one. Like everyone's in on the joke. Brady, who's the miss like mister emotion is sitting there about to cry and then freaking Terry and then he drops the punchline. Which I'm not doing any justice by not being able to tell the joke. But that's the kind of guy Terry is. Man, he had the whole fucking cast and crew involved in this thing to get Brady, just to like let him know he's part of the team. Oh my god, he was.
Speaker 3: Oh he got him.
Speaker 2: He got a guy to work with because he's testing you always too, but he's always giving you little bits of advice.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, that's you hit it exactly right on. And Terry Bradshaw's for the people. He loves people. He loves entertaining people. He loves having conversation with people. It doesn't matter if you're a kid, you know, if you're a middle aged man, he doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Middle aged woman, like older woman, older man.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter. He loves conversation with people. He loves people. Doesn't matter what background you have. He's going to have a good time with you. And that's what makes Terry Terry as well. It makes him a seven, you know, greatest guy out there. He's testing you, like like you said, but at the same time, he's giving you career advice. And that's why I love working with him, because he's always keeping you on your toes and he makes me feel very comfortable at the desk. He really does. He kind of put me under his wing. When I got there. I knew Terry from a couple times before, from a few other appearances, and we were hitting it off. And the best was when I came in the Fox and my dad's a huge fan of him, and I just literally come right up to him. I've we already met a couple times already though, but it's my first time at Fox, and I just never told him that my dad's a huge fan of him. And I walk up and you know how he's there, straight hands there, and I go, hey, Terry, my dad's the biggest fan. And everyone thought like I was gonna come in as a big fan, you know, as the new young buck as a rookie, and everyone just lost their mind. And how he's like, oh, Michael was like, oh, that's his dad, that's the biggest fan. Just the bus jobs as well, but Terry loved it. Everyone, my dad's agent, above, even under Is are huge fans of Terry. Everyone loves him, not you know, obviously because of his football skills and how much he did for the game of football for the NFL, winning four Super Bowl championships in six years, but also his personality off.
Speaker 2: The field as well. Man, people love him.
Speaker 3: Uh you know, he's just a guy that is down for anything, singing, dancing.
Speaker 2: Bronson, Missouri, Branson. I think he does a concert every year in Bronson and Branson, Branson, Missouri, the one from us. She's out of your league where they go on that vacation, you know. So I think he does the like he sings. He'll go do like shows. He's done stand up, he's done movies. His butt cheeks were in a fucking Ryan Reynolds movie. He always he talks about that.
Speaker 3: I mean on the football field, I mean where everyone loves him. Off the football field, but I mean he played so long ago, nineteen seventy and eighteen whatever to nineteen eighty four, and it feels like he played in eighteen hundreds actually, because he played before we were even born. But I, like you said, I didn't really know the game of Terry Bradshaw until I got a little bit older and I started working with him, and then I started going back and watching the history of football and Terry Bradshaw. I mean, he's one of the leaders, and he's kind of like a co founder of bringing the NFL to a whole nother level and winning championships and creating the past game as well. I mean, the guy's got a strong arm, he's an exceptional leader. He's a gunslinger, and he's resilient as well. I mean he had one of the toughest coaches in the history of the NFL. You know, from what I'm reading and what I'm experiencing watching documentaries about the Steelers and Terry, this guy wanted to bench him and he still went out and won super Bowls.
Speaker 1: I mean, pretty incredible.
Speaker 3: He's clutched small ball, his ability to extend plays too.
Speaker 1: When we're watching his highlights.
Speaker 2: Of tough as hell tough now, I mean the way those guys were getting hit back then. Like he always tells me these stories about him when he breaks he's breaking his back and stuff, and guy like he Kim comes back two weeks later, and like, those guys were on a whole different grade iron, Like we're tough football guys. And yeah, the game's probably a little faster and bigger now, but I mean, when you watch guys back in those days play, it looks like it's illegal, like four arms to the face, taking guys down by their face, masks, spitting on a guy when he's down, fucking people's elbowing. The things that we got in trouble for were like legal in this time. And he played fourteen years and had two back to back Super Bowl runs. That's what people don't realize. He went back to back, they didn't win a couple and then he went back to back again, which is fucking crazy. The Pittsburgh Steelers are like one of the most popular organizations in football because of Terry Bradshaw and those teams like set in that stage or in early early football, which isn't like early early early football, but like seventies football's early early football, which I mean. I went to Kent State, so that's right, that's like two hours from Pittsburgh, and I just remember there was always so many fucking Pittsburgh Steeler fans everywhere around there. There'd be a lot of Cleveland Browns fans, but so many Pittsburgh Steelers fans everywhere they travel. And it's because of Terry Bradshaw in those nineteen seventy teams.
Speaker 1: Would you say he is the original TV twelve, Yeah he is.
Speaker 2: I mean I think I think Tom Brady wasn't a Glee and his mom and dad's eye yet when he was winning Super Bowls nineteen seventy, when was Brady born seventy five?
Speaker 3: It actually makes it so fun being on the on the set with What makes it so fun, you know, working with Terry though, being on the set and now that Tom Brady is with Fox as well, is that I get the joke who my favorite TV twelve is, you know, and it's whoever's treating me nicer at the time. So Tom comes in, you know, I'm asking him a question and he gives me props. I look at Terry. I'm like, Terry Thome's my favorite TV twelve right now? And then Terry gets all mad and upset and then he goes, but Gronk, I love you and you're doing this great, and you're doing this great, and I look back up at Tom. I'm like, hey, the original TV twelve is my favorite TV twelve time. I'm sorry, and I love just working and playing. It just makes a lot of fun. And that's why it's so fun. Working at Fox too. Just with the teammates that we have is just, you know, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Have you heard that Tom Brady and alias story? I have actually from Terry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Terry will, let's hear it.
Speaker 1: It is surreal.
Speaker 2: In nineteen eighty three, when he needed to get an elbow surgery, he didn't want it to be in the papers using an alias name at the Louisiana hospital.
Speaker 3: You know what that name was, Tom fricking Brady. Tom Brady, you can't fucking write that. And then the original TV twelve basically faked named the current TV twelve.
Speaker 2: That's fucking gnarly.
Speaker 1: That's some psychic shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was also Terry Bradshaw was number one pick to live up the expectation from Louisiana Tech. To be the number one pick, small country boy to go to the Pittsburgh Steelers and win four Super Bowls.
Speaker 3: That's fucking crazy crazy. He was a flat out winner. And what I love about Terry two. Is nothing stopping that guy still to this day. I mean, whatever gets in his way, whatever gets in his path, he just keeps climbing over it and just keeps on going. He's always ready to go. Twenty four to seven. I'm thirty five and I look at him sometimes throughout the full day at Fox and I'm getting tired, and Terry never getting and that's always ready to go. Boom boom boom, always on point, always giving a one line, are always talking football, always breaking down a play. He's just immaculate. And I love learning from him and I love being under his wing, and I love working with him as well.
Speaker 2: Man is he immaculate? Like the reception And then also one one on a serious note, I'm pretty sure Terry Bradshaw was like one of the first NFL guys to talk about mental health back in those days, which you know, it's talked about all the time now with football players and athletes and it's pretty norm now, But it wasn't like that when we were playing like people were. You know, there was a stigma or a perspective or a perception on guys that wanted help mentally or if you wouldn't to go talk to someone and like to have a guy like Terry Bradshaw in the seventies who was a fucking icon, you know, talk about his mental health. That's a big part for why we are we're at right now in in Sport, you know, being okay to like talk about your mentals, you know, as as what is Marshall and Lynch says, you gotta protect your chickens. You know, Terry Bradshaw was protecting his chickens back in the day.
Speaker 3: I like it, Terry man. I appreciate everything that that you've done. But I got a question, Oh real quick. If Terry's alias name was Tom Brady, what would your alias name be?
Speaker 2: Jules?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you mine right after. Mine's pretty good and it's understandable.
Speaker 1: My alias an alias name I would go with, would it be Danny Amandola?
Speaker 2: No, I think it would go with Francisco Francisco.
Speaker 1: Delaware, Francisco Delaware.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how you would call, like the hotel and be like, what name would it be under? Francisco Francisco, Delaware, Francisco, Delaware. I'm not even gonna ask you where that Mine's Bobby Whiskers, because I got Whiskers all over the place out here, like my hairs growing.
Speaker 1: I kind of shaved last night.
Speaker 2: Bobby Whiskers, that's a good name.
Speaker 1: Bobby Whiskers goes really well and it works every time.
Speaker 2: That's like an Italian like wise guy like nickname.
Speaker 1: My friend Bobby, my friend.
Speaker 3: One time he came into my hotel room drunk and he he got on the phone to call room service, and you know how they answer and they're like and they say your name, like, hello, mister Whiskers, how may I help you? And he his jaw dropped.
Speaker 1: He was hanmery.
Speaker 3: He goes, mister Whiskers, and he looks at me. He goes, you're freaking mister Whiskers. And then he gets back on the wall. Yes, I'm mister Whiskers. I'll fucking give me eight cheeseburgers. And he hung back up and then eight cheeseburgers came. Wait so you actually use this yeah all the time, actually, Bobby Whiskers, Oh, I can't wait too time.
Speaker 2: What kind of dude is Terry Bradshaw.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like this one's pretty easy.
Speaker 2: It is, I mean, it is. He's obviously a dog when you play in those days in the seventies, everyone had to be kind of doggish. I'm just gonna put it out there. You had to be a dog the seventies.
Speaker 3: I mean, when you're getting your teeth, you're getting your teeth kicked in, and then you're going to work at the gas station in the offseason.
Speaker 2: That's that's a dog. He's a great dudes, dude, he is. I mean at work, he's a guy. He's a glue guy at work. Whenever we work with him nowadays, like he's always talking shop and he'll make his rounds to like everyone, and you.
Speaker 3: Know, want to go out to dinner, have a good time with you, have a drink with you.
Speaker 2: He we did big time. We did go gambling once. We played craps and he's never played craps before. And I'm I'm not joking. Terry was rolling and he rolled for fucking sixty one minutes. Sixty one. We had to get it time.
Speaker 1: I had eight more minutes for that.
Speaker 2: I wish he would have, but I took it. I won so much money with Terry And like I'm sitting there like, Terry, give me a fucking a tom rat and he's like, what's that? And he's thrown. I'm like, it's a forty four. He's acting. I'm like forty four. Yeah, did we win? I'm like, yeah, we want Terry Ohs right now. I want to go to Vegas with you.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 2: He's definitely a dude's dude.
Speaker 1: He is a dude's dude.
Speaker 3: But I would stamp home as a dog because of the error that he grew up in and just what he did too under his head coach wanting to bench him and him not getting you know, nothing ever faced also instead though, winning four Super Bowls in six years as well, which is pretty incredible.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, what are we what are we gonna do?
Speaker 2: Is he gonna what?
Speaker 3: Are we gonna break them down? As Jules on three? One two three? Dog stamp it?
Speaker 2: All right, we'll be right back after this quick break. Let's let's get onto our next next guest. Let's start the synopsis, start the time. All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Here's a synopsis. I can give you a clue. He wears number twelve.
Speaker 2: Good clue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: At six foot one, one hundred and eighty five pounds, he's one of college football's most electrifying talents.
Speaker 2: Oh college, our first college football player, college player.
Speaker 3: Now were talking. I was waiting for this day. I was waiting for this day.
Speaker 2: I was too.
Speaker 1: You know, this is a Christmas present, early Christmas present.
Speaker 3: Here we got for all the out there crazy to tell you that, initially a top five recruit committed to a Power five school, he made ways by committing to an HBCU program. Now playing in the Big twelve, he's making highlights on both sides of the ball week in and week out. A Florida native, he has a He was a two sport athlete, excellent in both football and basketball in high school. Off the field, he's a gamer and content creator with a massive social media Following Jules who is our first college player wearing number twelve, Let's.
Speaker 2: Get on Travis Hunter. Oh Man, all right, all right, I'm excited about it.
Speaker 3: I'm excited too, man, not just because we have our first college football player, but we have the biggest college football player in all of college possibly a Heisman Trophy winner. He's a two way player, one of the best wide receivers in the game, but also one of the best defensive backs in the game.
Speaker 2: When was the.
Speaker 3: Last time we've even seen a player play both ways. Not just in the NFL ranks, but we're talking just even in the college ranks.
Speaker 1: Jewels, Well, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think anyone's played like this. I don't. I don't think any I think he's. I think he's he's averaging one hundred and fourteen plays per game. That's that's fucking gnarly. I remember when we played in the game. You didn't play in that sixteen Super Bowl, when we had three receivers, we had a hundred and like two plays and we were fucking exhausted, gas exhausted.
Speaker 3: And this guy plays one hundred and fourteen plays, one hundred.
Speaker 2: And fourteen plays average a game, which is that's that's that's crazy to me. But also he's like he's like that first general. He's like, we're starting to get a lot of these new guys. These are the first generation guys of going from like one school to another school. I mean, I believe he committed to Florida State and then Dion didn't get the job, and then he went to Jackson State, and then when from Jackson State went to the Big twelve to Colorado with coach Prime, Like, this is this new generation of like a free agent type player, and I don't blame him. Why wouldn't you go with one of the most electrifying athletes that did it where you want to go in the at National Football League with Deon Sanders, who's going to help you develop to what you ultimately want to do and become a pro. I mean, it's been so impressive to watch this kid play well.
Speaker 3: Sad, and you can't blame the kid at all going where Deon Sanders goes. Because it's all about relationships in life. If you have a good relationship, why would you want to break that relationship? You know, relationships go far if it's a long distance relationship or if it's a relationship, you can go somewhere with someone. So you got to give him much respect that he's loyal. Dion and Travis Hunter I loyal to each other and each other's family, and you got to appreciate that because you don't see loyalty, you know, like that anymore in the in the United States, always all this social media. Everyone's usually out there for themselves. But to see that loyalty is something special, and that's why it's working, and that's why he's you know, Dion's creating a powerhouse just within Travis Hunter, and then also a powerhouse of a program at Colorado because they're loyal to each other there.
Speaker 1: And I like that, man, I like it a lot.
Speaker 2: Now, what do you think he's better at receiver or dB?
Speaker 3: Oh Man, that's a tough question. And and what's he gonna do There's another question as well, what's he gonna do when he gets to the NFL. He's gonna play both. He's gonna pick a wide receiver, he's gonna pick a corner. I mean, we can all throw our perspectives in, but I mean it's always obviously up to what he wants to do and what's best for the team or whatever way he wants to go, whatever which way in direction. But in college, I would say his first couple of years, he was a better quarterback, better better cornerback. He was making play his interceptions. You know, he kind of you know, was doing well at the wide receiver position.
Speaker 1: Running by guys.
Speaker 3: But lately, now since Colorado has taken off their top twenty, now they're winning games. And I would say that has to do with Travis Hunter stepping it up at the wide receiver position. And from what I'm seeing he is a better wide receiver now than he is a cornerback. You know, this year, his third year in the college ranks. I thought he was a better cornerback his first two years than being a wide receiver. But what he's doing now is special at that wide ride receiver position. He's starting to understand it more. I feel like, you know, he's running routes now. He's not just more athletic than the other guy. He's going up there, he's pinpointing the ball, jumping over to guys strong hands. That's exactly what you need at the next level as well. And it's just fun to see him go. Man, And you want to know what makes him so fast. You want to know what makes them so fast? Is he got skinny calves?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: As Deon Sanders always said, you never seen a racehorse with calves. You never seen a racehorse with calves. I remember Dion said that one somewhere. I could be fully wrong, but I feel like that's I had big calves, so I wasn't gonna fast fast change the direction calves I got.
Speaker 1: I got way too big of legs.
Speaker 2: No, the thighs, the thigh, it's not the thigh you look at his thighs. He's got big thighs.
Speaker 3: But when you have those little bird calves that come up to here, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: That little it's like a little bird calve, like you think those are. That's a speed guy.
Speaker 3: You think if I get liposuction in my calves, I can make it back to the NFL.
Speaker 2: No, But if you get a calf in plane, he looks really cool.
Speaker 1: That was a good answer. I like that way better.
Speaker 2: Is he gonna win the Heisman?
Speaker 3: I mean you got to play out the whole year to see if he should win the Heisman or not. And I truly don't even know anyone else that's in high contention. Yeah, that's half of it, right, Media, Yeah, half of it is media. I think he should because it's unbelievable what he's doing on both sides of the ball. And what's so great about him as a defensive back too, He's always around the ball. I mean he's making interceptions off tip balls. He's making interceptions because he's gonna go make the play and go and deserve that interception. But when you fall into an interception, that's just because you're always around the ball and you have that knack of just always wanting to be around the football.
Speaker 1: That's just a smart player right there.
Speaker 2: Man. He really he's an exceptional zone corner. I haven't seen a lot of, man, and I haven't watched a whole whole lot. I mean I watched a lot of his highlights for this, and I've seen all his highlights. But like his instinct to jump off of his zone to track another zone and reading the quarterback is really good. Like he's always like a trap zone defender, Like he'll keep his eyes in the backfield trap meaning he's got the flat, there's a guy inside to him and there's a two deep safety, Like he'll keep his eyes on that backfield, and he's breaking on the ball before the receiver is because he knows, you know, probably the receiver's responsibility. Which I remember when I played defense, it made me a better receiver, you know, when they brought me into those meetings.
Speaker 3: That's what I did want to ask you as well, what was it like playing defense and offense? Actually you did it in the NFL ranks as well. That was what year twenty eleven, So you can explain more of what Travis Hunter is doing than anyone else.
Speaker 2: Well, it's as a player. It made me a better It made me a better receiver because once I stepped into all the defensive back meetings, I was learning what they were protecting. I was learning their techniques. I was learning on certain things what they would try to do with safeties that that's really what mattered. The corners could lie, but if the safeties were out of position, that's when you would pay the leverage that the defensive back always had to keep because he was protected with certain help on certain sides. Like that taught me as a receiver, like in my in my route running that if I do this to this guy, I know he's protecting this, which I see it in his game when he's playing defense, when he's jumping all over these these these the receivers leaving his zone. So it's really hard mentally, Like that's what I'm interested to see how he does in the NFL, because once you get to the league, you know, there's no you know, Rice Academy, agricultural school where you could just go and glove up their their best receiver who's you know he's good in college while having to study, you know, the game plan for offense, which you know in the in the NFC AFC Championship, I played like twenty five plays on offense. I played twenty five plays on defense, and I played all the special teams. Something along those lines. Could be off a couple of plays here or there, but it was so hard for me in the prep week to get all my mind ready for what my offensive needs were and then also for what my defense and needs and my responsibilities were. It was a lot mentally, and then you know in practice you're going the whole time in NFL seventeen game seasons, so you know, it's been really impressive to watch him doing college. I don't know what he's going to do in a pro I'm probably pretty sure if I was him, i'd go defense, because those corners get paid a lot of money, and then they probably give you a package on offense. Here they're red red area package or a zone, a third down package, or you know, a gimmick package where we need to get like some spark. You get him in like a slip screen, or he can catch the ball down the sideline.
Speaker 1: That's well said, though.
Speaker 3: I believe that he could possibly play both ways in the NFL, but not full time both ways. Like you said, have a package for him on offense in the red zone or third down or whatever it is, or whatever best suits his skill set at the wide receiver position and then use him full time him on the defensive side of the ball. But I would say it's up to Travis Hunter obviously what he wants to do in the NFL. I mean, coming out of high school, I was an all state defense event. I only had eight catches as a tight end, you know, coming out, coming out, you know, going into the college drinks. But the whole time, I knew I wanted to play the tight end position. But if you were a fan out there, you'd be like, wait, wait a second, you were all state d N why are you going you know, to college and tight end? Because I knew that best suited me. I knew that I had the best chance of making it to the NFL because I felt like I was a tight end and I felt like I could grow at that position and be the best out there.
Speaker 1: So it's all up to him.
Speaker 3: It's all up to his mindset what he thinks best suits him, and only Travis Hunter can determine what side of the ball he wants to play. But he's so good in my eyes though, it'd be really, really tough to play a full NFL game on both sides, but he's so good. He's good at both positions where he could be in packages on both sides.
Speaker 2: Could be an impactful player on both sides of the ball. I mean, I'm a special team or two and kicks. He's also making three million dollars a year right now in college, so he ain't no rush man. What would you do with that money? If you had that in college? A million bucks, bro I would probably have at that time of my life. I'd have the sickest like surround sound, big screen TV. I'd have the dopest like Xbox stuff. I'd have a gamer chair, because when you're in college, that's what you did, you play video game. I'd have a sick poker We used to play a lot of poker in college. I'd buy like a sick custom poker table for like a poker night.
Speaker 1: Uh, all right, I was talking.
Speaker 2: Obviously you're gonna you're I mean, you roll up to Georgia's fucking student parking lot, you see nothing but Lamborghinis. So I think I'd have to join the club, get a Lambeau or something. I mean, you're a college kid. You got no fucking fears of anything.
Speaker 3: I call those Lambeau ship boxes. Well you I know why because I can't fit in.
Speaker 1: My knees are going. What would win shield? I would have a freaking one fifty raptor or something.
Speaker 3: I know you would do Lambeau. I would have the Lamba of the you know, four trucks. I don't really like them either, but I just can't why I say that it's three million bucks.
Speaker 2: You probably couldn't get a Lambo. Actually, uh, what would you do just if you were if college? This is what I think college rubb, let's hear it. Would you just buy an Olympic sized pool? Make it a hot tub?
Speaker 1: There we go, there you go. You're hitting me right on the money tools. Also, no, I was a big Halo player.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I love video games and Halo was our game in the house that we lived in, and we played four way players on that uh what was it Xbox three six C And we we had the four worst gaming chairs of all time.
Speaker 1: They're falling apart, like two wheels on the chair.
Speaker 3: But it was squeaking ruining, the ruining the floor every single time we were playing. But we didn't care as long as we got our Halo in and Halo like gave you that excitement, gave you that juice as well before going out. So it was always the pregame game to play as well before hitting you know, hitting the town on a Friday night. Well, I would have had the I would have had the best possible video game setup that you could possibly have if I was making that type of money at college. Man, big time, man, time, let's do it. It's time, Well, it's time. Dude is Travis Hunter.
Speaker 1: Uh Man.
Speaker 2: He seems like a great team guy.
Speaker 1: He is a great team guy.
Speaker 2: Seems he doesn't seem selfish. He seems like he gets along with everyone. He has a great attitude. So he could be a dude's dude.
Speaker 3: He could definitely be a dudes dude, you know, especially to the video gamers out there. I mean, always streaming with everyone, always letting everyone have.
Speaker 1: The insight of what's going on in his life, which is really cool. Man.
Speaker 3: And what's different about this era compared to our era is if you were a streamer or if you were big on social media at our time, like it would be frowned upon, like like coaches would use that against you if you mess up on the field. But that's what this new generation, these new millennials are all about. Hey, let's vlog, let's blog, let's play video games, let's what is a twitch and let everyone see our video game streaming going on. And that's totally normal and that's how it should be because if you take care of business on the field, you can do whatever you want outside of football on your own time. But our era, it was always frowned upon because there was no such thing as social media, like it was just starting to become big, so they would use every excuse if you mess up on the direction. Oh he's on Twitter, he's doing that video game. But it's cool that guys like him are just so good at what he does on the field, and it makes it totally normal that he's still a streamer and he's and he's kicking asset that too, So that's really cool.
Speaker 2: You know. So at Colorado they have the L or the D. They don't give a C, they don't give the captain logo. They give a leader or a dog, and he got the dog symbols so he could be a dog.
Speaker 3: Because as Dion says, every dog and a leader, and every leader ain't a dog.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: That's that's real too, that's real. I honestly don't see I see him as a dog. Like we always say, guys are multiple things, but the one thing that sticks out to me, I want to see. He sticks out to you on three one two three, streak.
Speaker 1: Stamp it. Why is he a stud?
Speaker 3: I would say he's a stud because he's playing one hundred and forty four plays a game. Well that's freaky, yeah, actually, all right, all right.
Speaker 2: That's freaking right right.
Speaker 1: He's a stud on the field because he he's the he's.
Speaker 2: Just stut on the field because he's a freak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's change it, Jewels, let's.
Speaker 2: Change one two three freak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's I mean, it's pretty it's pretty insane.
Speaker 2: It's pretty insane to have one hundred and fourteen plays a game. I hope he continues to have the success and by the time we drop this, maybe they'll be in the play.
Speaker 3: He's one hundred percent of freak. When you play one hundred fourteen plays a game, you're just absolutely freak of freak of nature. And he's making plays on both sides of the ball. I mean, yeah, that's Stuteley, but that's more of like whoa, that's that's like whoa that that's some freakish material right there, No anzifs or butts about it.
Speaker 2: He's got some weird crazy like numbers. Records were like he's got over a five hundred yards, he's got like four interceptions. This that he's done it like three times and one person's ever done it. It was like Champ Bailey like twenty five years ago. So like, this guy's in a he's in a category of his own. And to be that will conditioned, that's that's what it is.
Speaker 1: You're a freak.
Speaker 2: You're a freak.
Speaker 1: You're an absolute freak if you're.
Speaker 3: That welly conditioned, well, he conditioned well, he conditioned, the most welly conditioned player in all football college football. That is, let's go, who do we got next?
Speaker 2: I'm doing Brady because we already did him, so don't give us a Brady.
Speaker 3: A Brady even though he thinks he should be on here twice?
Speaker 1: All right, do number three?
Speaker 2: Oh, this guy, he's fucking.
Speaker 1: Do number three. But is number twelve?
Speaker 2: Do you number three? That number twelve? Start the clock all right.
Speaker 3: At six for three two one hundred twenty six. He played the position of quarterback.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: He was drafted in the first round of the nineteen eighty three NFL drafts. So, Jewels, you were negative one years old and I was negative six years negative three. Oh yeah, negative three. Yeah, you're no. I thought you're eighty four, eighty eighty six. I got confused with when Terry retired entirety four all right. He started his pro career in the USFL before moving to the NFL, where he led the team to four consecutive Super Bowl appearances in the early nineteen nineties.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know who it is.
Speaker 3: I know who it is too because I'm looking at it. But this is my hometown team, Jewles. He's known for his toughness in leadership. He threw for over thirty five thousand career yards in two hundred and thirty seven touchdown. WHOA that spectacular right there. He's pioneering the no huddle offense. That's what he's known for. Handling From Pennsylvania, he was a standout at the University of Miami before his professional career. Off the field, he's known for his resilience, especially in his battles against cancer and his work with his own charity, Ladies and Gentlemen. Let me introduce you from my hometown. He's not from my hometown, but he played for my hometown team. Jim Kelly Ladies and Gentlemen. One of the best quarterbacks in Buffalo Bill's history, if not the best quarterback Jim Kelly throwback back in the day, no doubt about that. Went to four Super Bowls, unfortunately didn't win any, but he did so many great things for the city of Buffalo. He still talked about to this day. He's so beloved in Buffalo, everything that he'd done for Buffalo. You know, you can't think him enough. Julian, what do you think of Jim Kelly when you hear his name?
Speaker 2: Let's get on Jim Kelly. What do I think about? Honestly, I get sad. I get sad about when I think of Jim Kelly because he had such an amazing career and he got to the Super Bowl four times in a row, and he never got to feel what went winning the Super Bowl feels like. And this game is tough, and we've had a lot of success, but there's a lot of guys that have never felt that success and that you know, through their numbers and through how they played, you wish that they would have had an opportunity to feel that. I also think about, like, what the fuck is in Pennsylvania because they always had really Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly like I and I used to love Joe, and I love Dan, and I love Jim Kelly, and they all are from like right next to each.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you this, Jules, I played my senior year in high school in Pennsylvania. I know in Pittsburgh. Let me tell you that's some of the best football in America. It's underrated. I'm telling you New Western Pennsylvania football is through the roof. I mean we were getting fourteen to fifteen thousand people a game. We had eleven NFL players from my high school, Ordland Hills High School, the Woodland Hills Wolverines. We had these guys in the NFL my second year, the most out of any high school in all of America. And then on top of it, I mean there's guys left and right throughout Reevs, Aaron Donald, Dan Marino, obviously, Canchral, Catholic. You can name a list of guys probably about fifty to one hundred guys that are in the NFL that just played in that area. I'm telling you, Pennsylvania football in high school is underrated. It's just it's up there with Florida and Texas and California, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: And he's a big part of it, you know, being a guy that had as much success as Jim Kelly had. I mean that the K gun offense is like what us young guys don't know about. And even the younger generation we're so accustomed to see in no huddle, we're so accustomed to see in empty sets. Jim Kelly and these Buffalo Bills were the innovators of that. They would get to that line of scrimmage. I mean they had a five. I think they had like a I remember what we've talked about with Ernie. What co many points did they have when they beat him in the Giants. It was special to Ernie that they beat the greatest show on turf, the Buffalo Bills, because they were the two highest scoring offenses and they hit these crazy high score number. I don't know what that number is, but like that's because of Jim Kelly. I mean he used to dish that ball out. It's just you feel sad when you think about Jim Kelly, even though it'd be such a great player, but he you know that he wanted to win a Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: He was one of the guys that innovated the quarterback position to where it is now. You know, he was setting the standard of the passing game along with a lot of great guys. I mean it started with Terry Bratsch obviously, but to bring the passing game to another level, that's what Jim Kelly DIDs, you know, being a pioneer of that. And also he was the pioneer of the no huddle offense.
Speaker 1: And I actually just.
Speaker 3: Went, you know, thanks for you know, asking me about it, Jules, how good of a time it was, and how special it was me going into the Buffalo Hall of Fame. I was going to the thank you, Jules. I appreciate that. I've been waiting for that for a couple of days. Yeah, last month I went in, Joe. Yes, Yes, it was a it was a special honor.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: You know, you can't forget, you can't forget where your home roots came from. You know, where that mentality started, where that grit and grind. You know, it was built.
Speaker 2: Rudy's Blue Cheese is out.
Speaker 3: Rudy's blue Cheese. You know, everyone, you gotta only have blue cheese when you're in Buffalo. If you say Rancho, they're going to give you that stink guy and they're going to throw you out of their restaurant if you order ranch over blue cheese and Buffalo, well.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you man.
Speaker 3: So I went into Hall of Fame, the Buffalo Hall of Fame with Vic Crucci as well. Vic Crucci an NFL senior writer for you know how many years I think million, forty fifty sixty years. We'll just say one hundred years for Vic Crucci because he's that legendary. He wrote that many books and that many articles about so many players and with so many organizations.
Speaker 1: The guy's a legend.
Speaker 3: So Jim Kelly made a video, you know, for the Buffalo Hall of Fame, just congratulating Vic Crucci because Vic Carucci wrote a book, you know, with Jim Kelly, and I've known Vic Crucchie since I was in eighth grade, and I'll tell a little bit a story about that as well. But in the video as well, you know, Jim Kelly congratulating Vic Carucci. But at the same time he gave me some very sentimental props as well and congratulated me and saying how well of an honor it is to you know, watch my career develop a guy from Buffalo and all that good.
Speaker 1: Stuff and so and so.
Speaker 3: Just it was just really cool to you know, have that moment of Jim Kelly just on the big screen, you know, the Buffalo's you know, Buffalo's quarterback, hometown hero from when I was just a kid, to congratulate me for going into the Buffalo Hall of Fame. So that was just a really cool moment by you know, by Jim Kelly to do that, not just congratulating Vic Crucci, but also being able to you know, congratulating me, which was really cool.
Speaker 2: Child.
Speaker 3: That's like going into the San Francisco Hall of Fame and Joe Montana.
Speaker 2: That would be insane. So did what did he say about Jim Kelly?
Speaker 3: Here we go, That's what I'm talking about. Well, first off, Vic Crucci was cool. When I was in eighth grade. Vic Cruchie's daughter was actually my age as well. Her I was friends with her. She was friends with my friends and I went over to their house and I saw Viitcruchy in eighth grade. I knew he was an NFL right and I looked a him in the eye and I said, one day, you're going to be writing about me. And he goes, get out of here, kid, You're just crazy. I go, no, you're going to be writing about me instead of this day. He tells that story how unbelievable it was that I was just a kid and told him he would be writing about.
Speaker 2: Me, and then I made it happen.
Speaker 3: So it was just a special moment to go into the Buffalo Hall of Fame with Vick Cruchie, one of the best NFL writers of all time. I love the guy. But yes, then we talked, you know, Jim Kelly's stories, obviously, and a couple stood out to me. First off, he wrote a book with Jim Kelly. I mean, everyone loves Jim Kelly. Vic Crucci only has great things to say about Jim Kelly. Everyone does. I mean, he was great for the city of Buffalo. So they would always get together and it was always, hey, you bring dinner one night, You bring dinner one night. Because you're writting a book, it takes a while Jewels.
Speaker 2: Long Time Takes wrote a book memoir. You read memoir. I mean we were all in the New York best selling list here, thank you.
Speaker 1: We are top top ten sellar right now in the New York List.
Speaker 2: How about you been there with you? I think we're there and I got some children back. So Vic Trilogy flying high, Victoria.
Speaker 3: We're in your category as well, where you know we're cool like you.
Speaker 1: We can write. I mean we got to top sellers books, top seller.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say right, but we could. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We We just told him the story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people wrote it. Someone wrote good stuff. Sounds good, all right.
Speaker 3: So Vic Cruchi kept bringing Chinese food over to him, and he started noticing, like after he ate the Chinese food, Jim Kelly, he would start falling asleep. So Chinese food was making them sleeping MSG and he's sitting there like yo didn't wake up, And he started noticing that he gotta stop bringing Chinese food Jim Kelly's house to eat dinner with while he's trying to, you know, write a book with him. Hey, that's a classic funny story. So that instead he learned that, uh, Jim Kelly loves hunting. He loves venison and instead instead of bringing Chinese food over, he would just try to bring meats over. And he says that Jim Kelly by fire has the best venison meat of all times.
Speaker 2: He knows how to make it non gamey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the way that he cooks in all the sauces that he uses, which is really cool man, because who does not you know, like.
Speaker 1: A nice piece of protein.
Speaker 2: What's a what's a food that gives you a food coma?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Like if you were if I were to try to write a book with Rob and I was like, and I want to bring over some food to make you, like Jim Kelly full asleep? That's what would it be.
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: I would say, Uh, chicken palm with pink vodka sauce and a lot and a lot of pasta on the side with it.
Speaker 2: That's just that just knocked me out, Bye.
Speaker 1: Bye, bye bye.
Speaker 3: After thirty minutes, I'd be like this, Oh, just so relax, I can't move.
Speaker 1: Just put a movie on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just done done, pasta pasta will do it.
Speaker 1: No, with chicken parm but extra pink vodka sauce. It was so good.
Speaker 3: And then also like five appetizers and then also like like a nice dessert too, like a milkshake.
Speaker 2: A milk what kind of milkshake? Oreo oreo milkshake? Another one.
Speaker 3: So Vic Cruci he was a writer for the Buffalo Bales, and you saw that run by Josh Allen just you know, a couple of couple of weeks ago to Kansas City Chase where he sealed the deal with h with two minutes left and they beat the Kansas Chiefs, who were undefeated this year, and gave him their first loss. So I was just talking to Vic and he goes one play that will always stick out to me, is you see that Josh Allen run?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm like yeah, I'm like yeah, yeah, Vic I did? He goes Yeah.
Speaker 3: Jim Kelly did one very similar. It was a division game, you know, a lot was on the line. They were in Miami playing Miami, and he just took the ball with a couple of minutes left in the game and no one could stop him, and he brought it to the house and everyone was shocked, like, whoa, what was that?
Speaker 1: What was that? It was one of the.
Speaker 3: Best plays in Jim Kelly's you know, story career, and it got everyone going. So Vic's in the locker room after that and he goes up to Ray Bentley. Ray Bentley is a defensive player, funny guy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Maybe you never heard of him, but he was on the Buffalo Bills. And he goes, hey, Ray, what did you think about that run by Jim Kelly? You I to know his answer. Vic never wrote this in the paper.
Speaker 2: Let's see what would he say? Ray Bentley told Vic Crutzy, what do he say?
Speaker 3: Jim Kelly could fill up a dump truck of you know what? Jeles some vanilla type of frosting because his balls were so big and he tucked it and he ran for that touchdown. Oh my, those are large balls.
Speaker 2: That's once again we gotta do it. We gotta get a tip jar on. And when we talk about a genital of a man and we're going to donate it to a charity, every time we talk about a ball or a.
Speaker 3: D And you want to know what you said he asked Jim Kelly about that play and how great it was and everything, And you want to know something. Jim Kelly goes, oh my gosh, I hated that play like I hated the ending to it.
Speaker 1: Because he scored and then the whole entire team came and jumped on him.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he thought he was going to get suffocated at the bottom of the pile.
Speaker 2: Has that ever happened to you before? Yeah, I hated being at the bottom of the pile. Oh, like you have to. Like when you're at the bottom of the pile sometimes and it's a huge pile, you'll hear a couple of screams. He'd be like, ah, get up, especially when you're like a younger kid. When you're a man, it's different. But I remember being as a kid you had to like pull and bite and scratch and get everything to just get people to move because you're suffocating. Did you ever get under the pile.
Speaker 1: I never liked being at the bottom of the pile.
Speaker 3: You thought as a kid it was like the coolest thing to be at the bottom of a dog pile, and then you really notice after you been through that experience, it was the worst possible situation to ever be in. And then people are tugging at your ankles. There's a couple people taking cheap shots, ubbling your goat naz, you know, trying to twist your ankle, give you a Charlie horse poke you in the eye. Just so much dirty things go down at the bottom of the pile. You never want to be involved. You never want to be a part of that.
Speaker 2: Never And we we would be we'd be crazy not to also talk about this man as a two time cancer beater. That's that's a tough thing. And we've all seen the documents and we've seen a lot of the footage of him being sick and to have the toughness to go through that and continue and build the charity that he built for I believe it's was it throat and jaw cancer. Uh, you know, you gotta be a tough guy. He beat it twice. You know, this guy's been fighting a lot his whole career, and it's suiting for him to be a buffalo guy because he's just a tough.
Speaker 1: That's totally true.
Speaker 3: And just talking to Vic as well, he was just always so passionate in everything that he did and then also with what his son went through, and you know, he started his own charity, you know, and all that he just made sure that the money went to, you know, the best possible scenarios to help out other people out there and he was passionate about being involved in his charity.
Speaker 1: He was passionate about, you.
Speaker 3: Know, where the money went to, so you know, other kids, you know could be able to you know, fight, you know, and have the money to be able to have the treatments that they needed to fight through. And it's just tough man, and he set the standard of what the city of Buffalo meant. And that's toughness, that's being blue collar, that's having grit, that's never giving up. And that's what Jim Kelly represents as well throughout his whole life on the field and off the field. So much props to him. And on top of it, I talked to Vic two about, you know, how he invented the no huddle offense, and he told me that his brain processes so quickly on the field that it helped him perfect the no huddle offense. And how fast he was and his demeanor and personality of just calculating a play and what he should do next on the field is what made him the player and what made him invent the no huddle offense and what made the Buffalo Bills so great. And it was because of that. On the offensive side of the ball, and they said it was Jim Kelly's team. When Jim Kelly was on the field, you know, he demanded that presence, he demanded that respect. In the same thing went on in the meeting rooms. It was Jim Kelly's team and everyone knew that. And that's that's special. That just shows his really, that shows his leadership. That just shows how much the players respect him as well on the field off the field, on you know, on game day, in the meetings, all that good stuff. And you know, that's why he's definitely one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time and definitely I want to say the greatest Buffalo Bill quarterback of all time. But the thing is, Josh Allen is playing right now. I just saw how do I put that that Jim Kelly's the greatest quarterback that ever played for the Buffalo Bills that is currently not playing yet.
Speaker 2: I think that that works. I think that works.
Speaker 3: That works well because Jim I mean, obviously Josh Allen is just such a beast. But for everything that Jim Kelly did for kids in the city of Buffalo, that.
Speaker 2: Everything Kelly for Kids Foundation, he did as.
Speaker 3: Well to represent the city of Buffalo. We thank you, Jim for for all that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: You know, you made us stronger, you made us believe, and just just thank you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: That's all last question before we get to what kind of dude Jim Kelly is. If the Buffalo Bills go out and win a Super Bowl, Josh Allen, does Jim Kelly get a ring?
Speaker 3: I mean I feel like he does. He probably does he deserve a ring?
Speaker 2: Know, does he want it?
Speaker 1: I would say no, He's a competitor.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: As a competitor, you don't want to freeb you don't want a freebe.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It is sad though, those four super Bowl victories, especially when we were watching his highlight film Man and just seeing that.
Speaker 2: I mean, he was precise. Good thing.
Speaker 3: I was young because I didn't really have you know, I was like four years old when they went to those four Super Bowls, so like, you don't know what's going on, So I didn't feel that pain. But I mean, does he get a Super Bowl ring if the Buffalo Bills went I alwould say no, it's not like he's part of the organization right now. Yeah, from what I know, I mean, he's a huge icon in the city of Buffalo. But it's a whole different era, it's a whole different team.
Speaker 1: So I'll go with no.
Speaker 2: All right, what kind of dude is Jim Kelly? I mean he's a stud. You remember seeing him with all those fur coats and stuff coming from MIAMIU Uh, he's probably he's clearly a whiz because he's Without Jim Kelly, there would be no Peyton Manning. There would be no you know, NASCAR offense with us with Tom Brady, I mean, no huddle was was pretty much invented through Jim Kelly in that K gun offense with those.
Speaker 3: Early ninety bills, late eighty bills. So he's definitely a whiz. He's clearly a dude's dude because I.
Speaker 2: Mean, unfortunately he had, you know, throw cancer, but that's from throwing it back. Probably a chewing with all the boys at the fucking locker room.
Speaker 3: You know, that's what he was doing. He was sitting there with the chaw and uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's fine, you're just being a dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's also what do you think he is? Man? I think, oh, to have the mental physical toughness to overcome cancer after losing four Super Bowls? Mind you, like, you know how you.
Speaker 3: Gotta be as be and that that's what he is. He's a tough sl B and that's a dog. You're right, that is a dog, and a dog doesn't always win either.
Speaker 2: Dogs don't always win.
Speaker 1: No, they don't.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: They'll bite your fucking kneecap on the way out when he lost, exactly, and they'll keep on going. They don't care.
Speaker 2: They don't care.
Speaker 3: One two three, dog, We'll be right back after this quick break, all right, Rob.
Speaker 2: So, because of the holiday season and Thanksgiving we just had, why don't we give twelve things we're thankful for.
Speaker 1: Rob, I like that. Juels, Do you want me to start?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you start, all right.
Speaker 1: I want to be.
Speaker 3: Starting off with my son. And my son it's a dog I had on my birth them.
Speaker 1: He was in my stomach.
Speaker 3: Camille and I always fight about who gave birth to him, and I gave birth to him. Wait like Junior, the movie Junior with fucking Schwarzeneggers, You're pregnant exactly, just like that. So I'm thankful for my dog, Ralphie. He's a good pup. I haven't seen him in a couple of days. I miss him. By I'm thankful for him. Man for just him being a good boy.
Speaker 2: I got a real doughter. I'm not throwing Rocky. Number one. I gotta be thankful for Lily.
Speaker 3: Number two, for you, I'm thankful for my health, man, especially my right ear, because my left ear has hurting right now, so it's making me really thankful that I could still hear.
Speaker 1: Out of the right one. And it makes you appreciate your health.
Speaker 2: I'm appreciative of not just my health, but you know, relatively everyone in my family's healthy. That's something I'm thankful for, family health, my health.
Speaker 1: What do you think for what else I'm thankful for?
Speaker 3: You know, my past, and that's my career and everyone that gave me advice and helped me get to where I got to in my career.
Speaker 2: All right. Number three, Now, I'm thankful for Rocky. I'll throw Rocky in there now. Family health, Lily. Now, Rocky's part of the family, Rocky three.
Speaker 3: Number four, I'm thankful for my family. I mean, without my family, I want to be where I am. And I'm thankful for their health, health, and you know, their passion and their support.
Speaker 2: Number four, I'm thankful to be a Patriot, to be part of the Patriot organization that was that was an incredible experience and wouldn't be here with you, wouldn't have a podcast, wouldn't have anything if you know I wasn't a Patriot.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say for number five, for me, I'm thankful.
Speaker 2: I just had it.
Speaker 1: I want to be precise with it. Now.
Speaker 3: I forgot it because you started making me reminisce about my patriot career too, Jewels, Yeah, you really did. I started thinking about mine, like, oh, that's a good one. But I'm thankful for all my friends out there. You know, friends bring good times, like you, Jules, You're in this category. Friends bring laughter, friends bring hardships you know, and turn them into joy. So thankful for all my friends. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: I'm thankful for all the adversity and the failures and the times I've messed up or made a mistake, because that's, honestly, when you get your real growth is when you can sit and look at those things and really reflect on it and try to improve. That's what I'm thankful for.
Speaker 3: Wow, I really like that one. That's the truth everything you just said. Number six for me, I'm thankful for holidays, especially when I was a kid, It would give you time off of school. It brings families together, it brings wonderful meals together as well. So holidays, man, I'm thankful for all of them, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and just whatever holiday there is. Now there's like one hundred of them. And then my last because six you six me equals twelve.
Speaker 2: Math, guy, I got two because I'm thankful for my friends and the support system that i have. But I'm also thankful for I'm thankful for friends and burgers because they're kind of I like to eat.
Speaker 3: Burgers with my friends, well and family and to really, but I like burgers. I'm thankful for burgers and friends. All right, what you're gonna just put I probably leave up fries? Yeah, do you rather have a burger without I'd rather have two burgers.
Speaker 1: Good point.
Speaker 3: If you're gonna take on the carbs, you might as well take it on with the burger with the bread.
Speaker 2: That's that's why I'm going with two burgers instead of the fries.
Speaker 3: You just make the bun with fries instead, so then you have fries and me.
Speaker 1: You know what, No, Bradon, you know what.
Speaker 2: You really could do? Rob you really could I've seen some ship like this. You get a waffle maker, you get a bunch of McDonald's fries, you cut them up, and you kind of you make a hash. You put him in the waffle maker and you make you can make like a waffle bun and then make a burger and put it on the the fry waffle bun. I just thought of that because I've seen some ship like that on TikTok, Instagram, whatever fucking watch footshot on that's like half my popular page.
Speaker 3: So we could do that well and and to enhance this little I'm thankful for you to Rob, thank you, thank you. But that's kind of in the the be a patriot because I was a patriot. Yeah, you think that hits a lot of things that hits Tom. I'm thankful for Tom, but yeah, you're thankful for him. It's to be a patriot. Yeah, thank you Tom.
Speaker 2: Did Tom get his own Does he get his own fucking number? No?
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't.
Speaker 3: We already talked about him not bringing him Yeah yeah, yeah. Oh, and I got a you know, I can't forget about Camille, but I'm gonna put that in the family category as well.
Speaker 1: She's family.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can't sit there and think my mom my dad has brought her that broader. We'd be here for the next twelve hours. But obviously Camille is in the family list as well. Baby, I love you, I'm thankful for you. We know that I'm sorry that Ralphie's number one, but you would put Ralphie number one as well. I mean, you gotta always put the kid first, right right, Jewels, that's kids.
Speaker 2: But to enhance.
Speaker 3: This little you know, thankful moment, you know, and there's you know, twelve tolo six for me, six for you, But I think we should do a twelfth of a fraction as well, and we should be thankful for our team, definitely our Dudes on Dudes team, Jewels. So we're thankful for our team that we have. And that's twelve point two, no, twelve point twelve thankfuls now, so thankful as in a twelfth of a fraction.
Speaker 1: I think I'm saying it right.
Speaker 3: I think you're fully a twelfth of one hundredth So it's a twelve point twelve thankful day. And we're thankful for the whole entire Dudes on Dudes's team for putting this all together so we can be up here talking dudes on dudes and talking math equations and just having a good time so.
Speaker 2: And just talking thankfulness. This is just people thinking people. Okay, take a second out there and go thank some people, you know, do some good. I like when Pat McAfee says that on his show, what does he say, go tell someone, say say something something nice to someone you love. It's I think he ends his show with that. That's a good that's a cool thing. And that's been another episode of dudes on dudes. What can we do better?
Speaker 3: Rob, There's a lot that we could do better, Jules, you know, maybe tell my story is a little bit better, you know, instead of I know, you're right, there's nothing. I'm just trying to pinpoint something. I mean, I knew it, knew it was great storytelling already, but I just wanted to take it to another level.
Speaker 2: I think we could. We can tighten it up on our on our times. We can tighten it up on our times a little. But you know, I'm I think we could just keep it going, stay part of the process. Okay, Rome went built overnight. There's no there's no fucking spe like, as Belichick used to say when trying to get in shape. There's no magic pill. There's no fucking potion. You just got to put the money in the bank.
Speaker 3: And Travis Hunter, he might have a magic pill because that guy plays one hundred and fourteen plays a game.
Speaker 2: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, wherever you listen to your podcasts and comment a dude you want us to do and remember to.
Speaker 3: File dudes on dudes on YouTube, Instagram, Acts, TikTok, and snapchat, and we will see you all.
Speaker 2: Next week, See you next week, see you next week to insta