Speaker 1: They get called me.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the ball show. I go by the name of Ferrari Simits. I go by the name you know, be to my lay is in the building.
Speaker 1: Yeah to the show.
Speaker 2: What's up, sir?
Speaker 1: He was acting like he was a little bit nervous.
Speaker 2: He was like, what y'all about to ask me everything?
Speaker 3: I'm good, I'm good, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 1: And what's up? Brother?
Speaker 2: What brings you to the States? I know you got the music going is popping.
Speaker 3: What brings me to the States? I'm looking for a girlfriend? You are, yep, that's why I came to the States.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, now, I know you are from Nigeria. Do you have multiple wives in Nigeria? You're looking for a girlfriend in the United States.
Speaker 3: My friend, I've been searching in Nigeria.
Speaker 1: It's not working.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying there's probably too much going on not to answer, not to go straight into the foolery. But do you have in your country? Do you have multiple wives?
Speaker 1: Is that something that.
Speaker 3: I don't That's something I don't even encourage. I'm okay, I'm not I'm mind to that you just one woman, not really one woman, but like marrying multiple wives? I don't. I don't believe in that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can't do your thing as much as you But like marrying multiple wives doesn't make sense to me. So yeah, I'm single. I came to the US to find myself a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so what are we talking about today?
Speaker 1: So? Okay, your girlfriend? Does she have to have a job?
Speaker 3: Definitely?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: What if?
Speaker 2: What if she's checks all the other boxes and they don't have a job, doesn't have a job. Maybe she's in school or maybe she.
Speaker 3: I can manage. I can manage, Okay, I can manage.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And what's your type?
Speaker 4: Type?
Speaker 3: That wout put me in trouble. I can't say that.
Speaker 2: Do you have a preference?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just like pretty women. You know.
Speaker 2: That's good answer, that's answer yoh man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just have to keep it simple.
Speaker 1: All right. Let's start to.
Speaker 2: Show, let's start to shut down. Shout out to Warner Records, man, because they sent me an immaculate press.
Speaker 1: Kid on you man.
Speaker 2: Two point eight billion global streams, four hundred and eighty two million USA streams, twelve million Spotify monthly listeners. Singer and songwriter, God damn, bro, You're popping for real, for real. I just want to, like I said a camera, I just want to mention on the ground.
Speaker 3: Bro, Yeah I'm popping, I'm messing on.
Speaker 2: I just want you to mention me on your Instagram.
Speaker 5: I got you right, But how does it How does that make you feel to know that you have a mass all this international success.
Speaker 3: It's a blessing. It's a blessing. It's just it's just what I feel like to me, it's like, it's work. This just have work to do because you have a lot of people looking up to you. You have a little fun too, who want more of you. You know, your artistry just needs to as you grow, the funds grow, so you just need to be there to lead, to show them what's right and what's wrong. So it's a blessing. I love being who I am. But at the same time, it's also there's a lot of responsibility to that. You know.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, to add to what you said, I feel like afrobeats had this big explosion in the US. I feel like it's settling now and it's becoming a real genre where people can have a lane in the US, such as artists like you that you guys can come over here because correct me if I was wrong. It was a little bit more dancehall Caribbean music that was big in the United States first, and then afrobeats kind of came second, and it was this big wave burna boys and everything. Now I'm hearing your name and other artists of your stature, the vedo.
Speaker 1: David Dough is a.
Speaker 2: Big, big, big But listen, you're big too.
Speaker 1: I did my homework.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's a lot of us in Nigeria. It's a lot of us in Nigeria who are big. But somehow I feel like the US always comes last before they discover.
Speaker 2: Why do you think that? I don't know, why do you why do you believe?
Speaker 3: You feel like the US just are so into what they already.
Speaker 1: Know, like like rap music and stuff like that, Like they.
Speaker 3: Already just that so into that. So it's like before they begin to recognize another artists, it just takes a bit more time. You just you have to, you know. So there's a lot of big artists from Nigeria. I can mention one hundred if we're still but yeah, yeah, but David Dough is he's a legend. He's a big, big, big.
Speaker 5: So making music in Nigeria. Do you guys do the the other artists? Are you guys like all friends, y'all all hang out?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, oh, go ahead, I allow you to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's as much as yeah, as much as there's love, yeah, there's still like a lot of competition, and I feel like that's what keeps that's what makes an industry strive. You know, when it's too much love and everybody's just eating one from one place, it's like, you know, everybody's relaxed, but there's a lot of competition and that's what keeps us up. That's what like you know. So yeah, so it's not like it's not like fighting like gone and killing.
Speaker 1: It's just like I want to I want to make better music.
Speaker 3: I just want to make better music. I want to be the best and stuff like that. It's just like very healthy competition.
Speaker 5: So that's why we don't see a lot of collaborations with not jeering artists.
Speaker 3: I think that there are a lot of collaborations, but not just as much as my piano, you know, like the South Africa there's a lot of collaboration with South Africa music. That's also a lot with Nigeria, but the South African one is just like you know, every single record that's collaboration. Nigerian's like we just like to do our thing, you know. It's like to that's a bit of collaboration, but not as much.
Speaker 2: Question. So growing up for you, your your parents because I know I'm Caribbean, so like sometimes my parents is like, hey man, you gotta be a doctor, you gotta be a lawyer. I was like, I'm gonna be on the radio, and it was like my mom was like, yo, nah, we're not doing that. I don't never heard. I ain't never seen nobody make a whole bunch of money on the radio. This is younger for me. Is that almost the same for your parents or because I kind of hear I heard tem story. Her parents was like yo, nah nah, we need you do something else. I don't know about this music stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Me for me, I mean that's very famous. As if every famous stand in Nigeria, every parents wouldn't want to see their kids become become an artist. Really, radial radio is a big deal, was a big deal in niger I don't know about it now, yeah really, yeah, I think radio was something that every parents would want to see their kids. I don't know, Robert, but for you for music, for me, for music. My mom had always been she'd always got my back, She'd always like, YO, go for it. But I know a lot of my friends because I started as a producer. I used to produce for a bunch of artists in my streets. I know a lot of them that sneak to the studio to make music with me because their parents wouldn't allow them to do that. They want they have to be doctors or something. Yeah, but the more people like me emerge, the more people just like begin to understand that this is actually something that is possible, doesn't necessarily That's why I feel like I also have a lot of responsibility to teach the younger generation how to. You know, there's a lot of misunderstanding with what the music chance should be and what music Chians have been in the past. You know, there's always just that thing of music chance. I just like, do draw kill each other. Of course I'm still there in America and stuff. But like, that's why I feel like I have a lot of responsibility to teach the younger generation how to this can actually just be It could be something.
Speaker 1: That could actually be a career.
Speaker 3: It could be a career, it could be a very good life. You know, you can make something really good out of it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so how did you know when your music start to travel?
Speaker 3: My music started traveling from two two thousand. So I used to be a producer, because everybody already are familiar with that story. I started. I put out my first my first song, do Not Distop. But I didn't need tell none of my friends that I was my record because they only knew me as a producer. So for the first time I made a record, I put it out and everybody was just accepting it so much. They loved it so much, and especially because they didn't know it was me.
Speaker 2: And so why did you do that? Was somebody making you frustrated to deal with and you was like, know what, I'm gonna just do this ship myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because yeah, they were. It was frustrating because I, like, the ideas are just stuck up in my head, you know, so.
Speaker 2: You put the ideas out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the ideas are just stuck in my head and giving me sleepless nights. And I tried to make artists do that, but it's not them you know, that is me. That's my personality. I'm trying to impose on other artists. So I used to write for them and stuff. So like it got to the point where I'm like, okay, yeah, I have to just do this myself.
Speaker 5: Well you realize, like y'all suck, let me let me, let me go do what y'all should be doing.
Speaker 2: We know, way listen.
Speaker 5: You said y'all suck, let me go do what y'all should be doing. Was listening to me and then you go and blow up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean as soon as I as soon as I put out my first song, do all this stuff, and I made everybody understand. And that was me thinking I instead of getting some some hate you know, from my from my friends and myself.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a bit of hate because they all love the record, and when.
Speaker 2: They didn't know, they was like, why you didn't give it to me?
Speaker 3: Why didn't your stuff like that? Then, but more people was listening to my city radios was taking it up and stuff like that. And then I did the second song, Hello Brother, and I started getting label invites, you know, deals and stuff like that. I just I just knew that you know, this is my pat This is definitely my question.
Speaker 2: So as you're growing up and as you're getting into the music, what artists from America that you kind of really liked because I, you know.
Speaker 3: I loved Drake. I have always Drake. Okay, Drake from Canada though, yeah, and he's from Canada, but of course Drake is.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. Yeah, we loved Drake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I've always loved Drake. I've always loved Kendrick. I just kind of hate to see the two of them go to war, like, yeah, I've always loved I think I think.
Speaker 5: That was good for hip hop. Yeah, that was its lo as. No, it was no blood ship.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: That was a moment that was I would say friendly, but that was not friendly, didn't it didn't look that.
Speaker 1: I'm glad nobody got hurt.
Speaker 2: So, so you was growing up with listening to Drake.
Speaker 3: I listened to Kendrick a lot. I listened to Tupac so much legal So it's just like that that line.
Speaker 1: Of Man Tupac music was traveling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro, people, we listened to Tupac a lot in Africa off till today. We're still wow in Nigeria. It's like, yeah, it's a little people going to.
Speaker 2: Now, I do have a question for you music. Educate me on this question. Now, being from Nigeria, are there parts in Africa that you are not allowed to go to to perform, like to to a point where it's like a problem or no.
Speaker 1: No, he said, go anywhere.
Speaker 3: No, I can't go anywhere I expect, But but I can go anywhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me let me spend it. There is there some artists that can't go anywhere in Africa, I.
Speaker 2: Believe, so outside of Nigeria. What's your favorite country to visit in Africa?
Speaker 3: In Africa?
Speaker 4: Kenya, Kenya, Ghana, Ghana, Rwanda, Rwanda. Yeah, South Africa, it's a lot. It's a lot of beautiful place places. Yeah, but Kenya Kenya has a vibe, such a big vibe, the coast, Mumbaisa, the islands and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: South Africa too, you should visit definitely.
Speaker 2: Now, when you come to the States, is there a specific you know, state or city that you be like, I gotta come there when I come to America.
Speaker 5: L A l A Atlanta.
Speaker 1: I love l A.
Speaker 3: But of course I love Atlanta too because of the community. It's very big.
Speaker 2: You got a big afro big I'm a piano crowd here too.
Speaker 3: Very big. And then when you have this kind of community, it's easy to find stuff like food, like and it's just there for you if you're like home. So yeah, Atlanta La busting d C. Yeah, it's a bunch of them.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 2: All right, So now before we get up out of here, let let's talk about you trying to find this lady. Man. Now, are you serious, really trying to find Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I've been looking for one. You want an American woman, not necessarily American.
Speaker 1: She got to be American. How tall does she got to be?
Speaker 3: She doesn't have to be an American woman.
Speaker 2: You're single and you're looking for a woman to be your lady.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm looking.
Speaker 1: For brown, brown eyes, blue eyes, green.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't really, I don't really. You don't discriminate on discriminate. I don't mind. As long as your your human being, you're pretty.
Speaker 1: Does she have to know your music?
Speaker 3: Yes, she has to know my miss y'all know what I'm into, Okay, feeling you have to So if you don't know my music and you want to d M me.
Speaker 2: So you're you're checking d ms and you're reading dm.
Speaker 3: Once in a while.
Speaker 5: Okay, you might have to look a little bit more often after this come out.
Speaker 2: Get clipped up. Oh my god, before we go though, explain your name is that your real name?
Speaker 3: My name is my Lee, that's my real name. My name is my real name is Stanley or my d d all. My is my middle names, my family name basically Nigeria when you everybody takes on from your dad to like, my dad's name is Alma, so my name is Stanley. Oh my my kid's name is going to be.
Speaker 1: With the lay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ladies, like late is an expression of urgency in my dialect. So I'm like Ferrari, right, and maybe you yeah that sounds.
Speaker 1: Artist l you know what, Yeah yeah, yeah, it sounds.
Speaker 3: Like sounds cool right, yeah. Yeah. It's a tribal thing where it's like when somebody is beyond the reach and they just need to hear your voice to understand that you're calling them. You're like Feerrari Ley, you scream the leg They just once they hear the voice, they know that you're calling them. So I just kind of, you know, took it as part of my identity.
Speaker 2: Fine, yeah, so new single out right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Moving is out now, Clarity of Mind is on the way.
Speaker 1: The album okay, and when can we spend the album?
Speaker 2: When's the date on that?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I don't have a date on the album right now, but it's definitely coming.
Speaker 1: You just gonna tell the label. I'll tell you'all already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I like that you always.
Speaker 3: I like that you always bring things out. You just say it for me, like you know.
Speaker 1: Because I know listen, I got superpowers up here. I just be knowing what people want to say.
Speaker 2: Don't laugh. But what's your manager's name again? Abika tell Aka? We're gonna send them twenty five dollars invoy. He messed up our little roll over here. He got that permanent crease over there. We're gonna need a new now. But we appreciate you pulling up. Listen, man, we're friends now, man, ferrari la.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So every time you can't Tatlanta, you gotta pull up on pull up man.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys for having me today.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Now, one more question. I know you don't like collapse.
Speaker 3: No, don't say like that, but.
Speaker 5: Like that, well, anybody that you were want to collab with even though they're a competition.
Speaker 3: Oh no, like no, like I have to make this class, so like like they are my competition. You feel me like I've always just been I've always been my competition. But like you can't de nighted fact that the game is a game. You feel right about that it's a game and we are all like just putting puzzles together.
Speaker 2: So who would you.
Speaker 1: Like to work with them?
Speaker 2: From Nigeria?
Speaker 3: From Niger David?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 3: Okay, David, David has been.
Speaker 1: I'm about to call him good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually we have a song already coming out, so.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to tell us.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to say that, but I'm very excited about the record because we got Yeah I am David, Like it was something that I didn't I didn't imagine would be great, you know, would be this cool. Well, like yeah, the way we got our long and David is such an amazing person to you, He's super cool. He's an amazing person. The way we got along and the way we make this record happen, it's just like, yeah, I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: What's the name of it? I'm going to say, I'm about to text David.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, we lay, we lay well listen man, we appreciate it. We can't wait for the music to come out. Especially we got to hear some snippets or something. Man, we're gonna figure that out going on. Yeah, all right, we'll appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: On my Lave Ferrari La btl A right here on the ball Alert Show.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys for having me.
Speaker 1: Love MHM