Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: This podcast is called stock Movers. We roll with Lisa Matteo the Stock Movers.
Speaker 4: Lisa, what do you have?
Speaker 1: All Right?
Speaker 5: We're starting with solar stocks because they're really taking a hit this morning. The reason why we had the White House saying they're going to push the end to those clean electricity tax credits up faster than expected. So basically he called for new rules that's going to restrict access to those tax incentive solar wind projects. One big mover sun Run ticker r u n It shares have been down as much as seven percent before the bell. But if we point out a few others you also have, like en Phase Energy for solar solar edge. All of those are been taken a hit. Even if we look to energy stocks in Europe, Vesta's falling, Semens Energy also falling as well.
Speaker 6: Those that stuff works solar.
Speaker 4: And that's exactly like it.
Speaker 6: Is, and it isn't it kind of like I don't know, it just seems like.
Speaker 4: When we were younger, it was a complete failure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean there's another way to put it. I don't know. Here's my energy pitch. I think we need everything.
Speaker 7: It just seems like there's gonna be so much demands in these data centers and whatever all that AI stuff is. I mean, I've heard it all on maybe with the exception of the dirtiest coal.
Speaker 4: But does solar work today? I mean I don't know.
Speaker 7: I see the panels all over Yeah, I mean Princeton Office has a huge solar Okay, Yeah, it's cool, but I don't know.
Speaker 6: It just seems like you need everything.
Speaker 3: So just and what's great about the Princeton solar farmers They can adjust it so that it's like in Superman three where the sun comes in as a fact.
Speaker 4: The Right's next.
Speaker 5: Okay, this story, it has Apple and Meta shares moving a little bit slightly this morning. It looks like Meta is poaching Apple's top AI.
Speaker 6: Executive money to big, big money.
Speaker 5: That's the thing. Yeah, so they're his top Apple stop engineer leaving to join metas new Remember we've been talking about the super intelligence group that Mark Zuckerberg has been talking about. This guy he joined Apple from Alphabet in twenty twenty one, but yeah, and a package apparently reportedly worth tens of millions of dollars a year. Mark Zuckerberg has been on this hiring spree. You know, he's gotten people from you know, Scale, AI Gethub's former CEO. It's just another hit, though Apple's been struggling with AI.
Speaker 7: I think it's so funny that these engineering geeks you need have twenty seven PhDs.
Speaker 6: You can't understand them. Yet they're getting traded like baseball players. Now, it's like, it's amazing. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: How vas no dichotomy, there's engineering excellence. And I'll get emails some people that are really struggling with with well earned degrees and just can't find where to fit in.
Speaker 6: The new account. Boy, it's just AI on your resume.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I've done that.
Speaker 5: It hasn't worked for you.
Speaker 4: No, AI, AI go, it's like old McDonald Next.
Speaker 5: All right, are you going on Amazon today for their Prime Day? Big day ticker am z N shares about about half a percent. It kicks off today, so it's four days instead of two days, so this is a big stretch for them. BI says it's set to drive record sales because it has those deep discounts AI shopping tools. It's really promoting those because the younger audiences like them fast delivery. But they're trying to say, you know what, we can take in some more subscribers. That's a basic thing of this, right, They want to bring in more Amazon Prime subscribers because you have to be a subscriber in order to take part in it. So that's a big part of it. But also you think about it, they're extending four days. I mean that's more advertising, you know, dollars too, which is kind of a smart move for them, But it's kicking off today.
Speaker 7: At the point in my life, I'm getting rid of stuff.
Speaker 4: No, look, they're seventy nine ninety nine Amazon Prime. I can get the parent page P. Ninety two. Tattoo STENCYL printer.
Speaker 3: Oh, there you go, thermal tattoo printer with tattoo stencil paper, impatible for Lisa Matha.
Speaker 5: But it's not AI powered.
Speaker 2: That's next and the print out.
Speaker 4: Here's a picture of an anchor. I can see you in an anchor as well.
Speaker 5: But it gives like it's usually like electronics, you know, like TVs, things like that.
Speaker 6: Those are the big draws for it.
Speaker 4: Have you ever gone on, I'm like really done.
Speaker 5: You know what my problem is If I do Prime Day, then I'm buying things that I don't need, and I'm just buying because and I get sucked right.
Speaker 4: Into its like Costco. Right, it's different.
Speaker 5: Right, you go there with a mission and a mission when you go into Costco, con see.
Speaker 4: What the Costco touch.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.