Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 3: But what's up? What's up? My people?
Speaker 1: This is Robin Dixon. Thank you once again for joining us once again. We were back into building or something.
Speaker 3: Is that what they're say in the streets we tear it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing what we do. We're doing the things. We're doing a thing.
Speaker 3: We're still here.
Speaker 2: Okay, so still I mean, unless you live under a rock, you are clear that The Real Housewives of Potomac is going.
Speaker 1: To be back November fifth.
Speaker 2: November fifth, November fifth, The Real Housewives of Atomac's season eight, Yes, is back on the television Bravo eight o'clock, eight o'clock, eight o'clock Sunday nights.
Speaker 3: Yes are into it? Are we excited?
Speaker 2: We are very excited rob this Okay, I'm be honest with you. I don't know what the hell happened in season, but we are excited. Okay, it's gonna be good. We need y'all watching.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so just a disclaimer, we have not seen a trailer yet because we're filming. You know this is Monday, if you're listening on Monday, and we're not recording on Monday, so we have not seen it yet. But we do know that by this time you have seen the trailer. So I don't know whether or not I'm excited, right, I'm excited. I got to see the trailer to know if I'm excited. Okay, I'm excited for me and I'm excited for both of us. Yeah, yes, you could take that. Thanks. You know, as you know, it's a lot going on for me.
Speaker 2: It was very much so, very much so going a lot. I'm going, yeah, of course you're good.
Speaker 3: Of course you're good. Okay, so you have a you have a reasonably be shady moment. I'm sorry, I'm drinking protein shake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So just so let y'all know, Robin is guzzling a protein shake. Is that a protein shap?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a coffee protein shake. So it has two shots of a spread, so jesus, as well as twenty grams of protein. That is perfect. That's like a perfect combination. Are you gonna be jumping off that we're going to see? I'm gonna be honest with you, this is my first time consuming this.
Speaker 2: So either you're going to be doing far wheels or you have to go take a ship one of the two.
Speaker 1: Right hopefully, so whee, We'll see what happens by the end of this recording. However, I am definitely very intentional about getting my protein in. Yeah, you know, throughout the day, but especially in the morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, very good. Let us know.
Speaker 1: Well, let's let's see if you know, things change by the end of the end of this this recording, this recording. Okay, all right, we shall see, all right, I have I have a reasonable shady moment.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay. Recently I was traveling to New Orleans. I did a celebration of life from my father.
Speaker 1: She did.
Speaker 3: It was beautiful. It was like a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Yes, he wanted us to do like you know, he made He told us before he passed that he wanted a celebration, he wanted a party. He wanted a party that he would want to go to.
Speaker 3: So we gave him. Love it, Yes, we gave him that. You know what.
Speaker 1: Honestly, kudos to y'all for actually honoring his wishes. Yeah, because I'm sure there's a lot of people's wishes and then they and you know, their family ends up having this like old sad service the organ ye like, And I'll be honest, that's how I don't want I don't want nothing sad. I don't know. Actually I don't even want anything, you know, just like it's a Sunday a Monday.
Speaker 2: We're not doing that rib Okay, We're gonna have a party, since you just said you want to party. So we had like a DJ who was playing like not sad music, but like upbeat music. We got a little Beyonce in there every now and yes, little Earth Wind and Fire.
Speaker 1: It was good to the DJ. He was an older man, yep, but I was actually pleased with his song selection.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes.
Speaker 1: And then you know, of course there were a lot of older people in the room. Your father was eighty four four almost eighty five. I was just wondering how the old people. I'm sorry, I'm interrupting your shady moment.
Speaker 3: It's okay, you know. I was like, I was wondering, like, did these old people.
Speaker 1: Know that they were coming to a party?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: That was that they were going to be listening to be okay? Are they confused right now?
Speaker 3: Are they?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: I think if they were confused by like ten seconds in they were down with it because like, the drinks were flowing, the food was flowing, everybody was having a good time. Yeah, Charise, from what you told me that Charis was there and she was gonna wear a black dress. I think she was going to a straight up funeral, and I had I did tell people like, I don't want you wearing black, like I want you wearing something festive and right right, yeah, so I'm glad you got with Scharise.
Speaker 1: Yes, Chares was like what are you wearing? And I was like, I'm wearing like a colorful dress and She's like, oh, I'm wearing black, and I'm like no, I'm like, sure, I should have told you. I didn't even think to like tell her because you didn't know she was coming. I didn't know that you didn't know she was coming, right, So I didn't think to tell her. But you know, thankfully I got her entire and she changed her dress.
Speaker 2: Yes, love Cherise. Okay, So getting to my shady moment. So during the event, there was a proclamation that the mayor did for my dad, and so the mayor was at CBC at the time, so she sent someone from her staff, yes, and it was a young lady and a young man and they love reasonably shady. So first of all, we're saying, what's up, what's up, what's up? And they read the proclamation. Now, my daughter said that the guy that read the proclamation couldn't read. Okay, so we love you, we love you. I forgot your name, but we love you.
Speaker 1: But I keep going, I can contribute.
Speaker 3: Well, okay.
Speaker 2: So my daughter said he could not read and that he didn't really do a good job.
Speaker 1: So that's the shady part.
Speaker 3: But he did.
Speaker 2: For the record, he said to me before he left that he wanted to be the shady moment of the week.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, okay, good. So I was, oh, I should have done this. So after, you know, after they read the proclamation and we're just like mingling and stuff, I was really really, really really really close to saying to him, the word is posthumous. It's not posthumous. I see. I think I blacked out. I don't I remember hearing him. Yes, so he said posthumous, okay, and I wanted to be like, it's posthumous. Was going to tell him I should have Yeah, she should tell him that. We're telling him now, Yes, Okay, wait, we gotta tell him. Hold on, let me look up his name. Okay, so Instagram, yeah he tagged us. Okay, I didn't know that he tagged us, but well, okay, so I.
Speaker 3: Wait, oh no, no, no, no, his colleague tagged us.
Speaker 2: Okay, before you get there. So I have a judge friend. She was there, and so she his.
Speaker 3: Name is John.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Okay, John, the word is posthumous. I know it looks like posthumous, right, but the word is posthumous. And if you if you're going to work in a Mara office, John, you got to say these words, right, yeah, yes, period. I remember the word recipient tripped me up in fifth grade when I was presenting an award on stage and I was somebody, would you have mortified recipient?
Speaker 3: I will never forget, And.
Speaker 1: It's so yes. It is so crazy because like I knew that word was Like I was nervous about that word, like going like ahead of time.
Speaker 3: I'm like read it and I'm like, what is this word?
Speaker 1: And like every time I would ask mine, what's the word this word, they're like recipient, recipient, And I got on that stage and I'm like recipient.
Speaker 2: So she was guard but if my kids who are seventeen, tell me that the person who was reading Henry, it's a problem.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's start there.
Speaker 1: But why can't I say the proclamation was beautiful, Yes, very it was.
Speaker 3: I loved it. It felt like.
Speaker 1: They it felt like they really knew your father. Yeah, they really honored him in a way that he would be like his chest would be like puffed up so big, and he was really proud, very much.
Speaker 2: And if you remember season four of Potomac when we went to New Orleans, the mayor was there with my dad at Dukie Chase and we were with Leah Chase. So if you don't know who she is, ye, if that's a little reminder. So lastly, I have a girlfriend there that is a judge, and so she's very particular about like protocol.
Speaker 3: And and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: She was a set because the Mayor's office, two people from the Mayor's office, they were enjoying the celebration. They was eating, they was tworking, they was drinking.
Speaker 3: They were yes.
Speaker 2: But I want everyone to know that my soon as they walked in, my sister was like, please go guys, partake like enjoy And when they saw me that I was like, go enjoy now.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: So I had to say to Judge. I was like, listen, this is a Saturday night. Yeah, if somebody told me that I had to leave my house and go present a proclamation, yes for someone I don't know on a Saturday night, right, six seven pm?
Speaker 3: Whatever?
Speaker 1: Seven eight pm? Oh, I'm partaking. Yes, you're gonna party.
Speaker 2: And they were told to partake, right, yes, So enjoy yourself is what I say.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this is not one of those Thursday morning services, you know, like, this is not the same thing. So no, you get me out of my house on a Saturday night to deliver a proclamation to somebody I ain't never met before.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, even further from what I understand in the office, everyone knows this guy John is a big Potomac fan, okig reasonably shady fan. But he did not know that he was coming to my father's oh get out events. So when he got there, okay, he was like, oh my god, it's out. So he was like super excited. So yes, John, we loved you. You are a shady moment of the week.
Speaker 3: So they knew that.
Speaker 1: So the people in the office they assigned him to this they.
Speaker 2: Know, well, they assigned him to this because there was somebody else in office, right because everybody went to CBC. But they knew he would enjoy it, and he didn't want to do it, and it was like, you're gonna enjoy this, you need to go. So it all worked out. But John, we you. You are a shady moment.
Speaker 3: You can't read, Okay.
Speaker 1: Get those get those words. Got the start, all right, what's your shady moment? The English language is so jacked up. So yeah, just in in John's defense, Yeah, okay, why is the word posthumous and not post humous? Okay, but it is.
Speaker 3: That tripped me up?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's like that scarred me for life. I will never not miss I will never mispronounce that word ever again.
Speaker 3: No you will not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, my shady moment actually like almost became a shady moment because these people are.
Speaker 3: Getting real, real real, were real creative out here.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we had an email to our reasonably shady email address and it says, dear sir or madam, this email is from China Intellectual Property Office, which mainly deals with Chinese brand name and domain names, etc. Okay, here we have something to confirm with you. A company name EMI Global Limited was applying to register reasonably Shady as it's Chinese brand name blah blah blah blah blah. So then it says, we're checking to see if you've authorized this company to register the Chinese brand name and use reasonably shady and blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm confused.
Speaker 1: So I was about to respond and be like, Hi, thank you for your email. I appreciate you looking into this, but no, I have not authorized this company. So I literally like check my email out and then I said, hold up, let me google real quick. So I googled Chinese Trademark office scam. Oh wow, not scam.
Speaker 3: Is a scam? So what is the scam? We're supposed to give them money?
Speaker 1: Yes, So what they would do is if I replied no, I've not authorized them, and they're going to reply back and be like, oh, well, if you pay this amount of money, then we will block them from doing whatever. Oh hell no. So I was like, wow, like these scammers are getting They're so creative.
Speaker 2: They're getting creative because they didn't tell me about fourteen times and my peacock prescription has.
Speaker 3: Subscription subscription is that it? Yes? Oh it has it has what is it expired? Expired? Yes it has.
Speaker 1: It has not right, I stop. It's like if you can and you can re up it like right here, all your information.
Speaker 3: You try to cast stuff in right.
Speaker 1: But you know what's crazy is the scamming has gotten to the point where it's like I'll get stuff and I'll be like this is a scam when it's actually real. So like like my Facebook page like really got hacked. Oh yeah, And I really thought it was a scam when they when I started getting the email saying like did you authorize such and such or you know, contact blah blah, and I'm looking at it. I'm like just ignore, ignore, ignore. And then it got to the point I was doing like an Instagram promotion for psychics and I needed to have my Facebook business page like connect me. I needed to let them connect them to my Facebook business patch and I couldn't get in. So it was like it wasn't until I realized I could not get into my Facebook page that someone actually hacked my page. That's crazy, that is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to ask you, because you are our sports guru here, what what what who cares about Taylor Swift and trash.
Speaker 1: Travis Travis Kelcey. Yeah, I don't really care, so I don't. I know you don't care about Travis Kelcey. No, I don't care about Taylor Swift. Okay, I don't know. If I'm going to get attacked by swifties, bring it on. I don't care. What is the big deal about this girl going to Travis going dating Travis Kelcey and sitting with it with the mama. I think that's good?
Speaker 3: Like, I don't. Why are we making such a big deal out of that? It is?
Speaker 1: This is insane. How much of a big deal it is? They said the ticket sales went up like they had the highest number of new ticket sales.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna break down. I'm gonna break down. The boy wasn' name Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 2: He has a podcast. It's now number one on Apple. He his followers went up on Instagram by five hundred thousand, five hundred thousand, He went up twenty percent. His jerseys are up four hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I want to date Taylor Swift? Can I d Taylor Swift? Right? Can she be my girlfriend?
Speaker 3: Right? Something?
Speaker 1: Insane? I'm like, I know, I don't. I'm not. I don't like any of Taylor Swift's music. I mean I do because I shake it up.
Speaker 3: Yes, No, I don't. I don't want to want to shake it up. I want to shake it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, shake it, yeah, shake it, shake it, shake it. I don't want to shake it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: But Taylor has a lane, though, and she has a place, and I can respect that. She's she writes all her stuff. She's doing very well. She sells out stadiums. You can't take nothing from her.
Speaker 1: I can't take anything from her. But I can't give her anything either, Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: I don't know nothing about that.
Speaker 2: And why we got to bring Travis's ex girlfriend into this, right, Why we leave our beautiful black sister alone?
Speaker 3: Okay, because you know she was minding her business.
Speaker 1: I said, Well, I think it's because black women actually found Travis Kelsey attractive.
Speaker 3: Oh we did. Yeah, I've never seen he went before before Taylor? Oh really? Oh no? No?
Speaker 1: Like Okay, Travis Kelsey was on a reality dating show on I can't remember the name of it, but he was the one that he was like a bunch of women trying to date him, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, my name is Travis, Travis Kelcey.
Speaker 1: I'm a professional football player for the Kansasity Chiefs, and I'm looking for I'm getting the opportunity to date fifty beautiful women from this God loving country, catching Kelsey. Okay, okay, Well, Taylor called him. So the girlfriend Kayla or whatever is the one that he matched up with.
Speaker 3: On the show.
Speaker 1: She's pretty girl. She's a very pretty girl. And so he you know, black women were like, oh, okay, that's white boy.
Speaker 3: That's fine. Okay, he got some swag. That's good. He looks cute. Blah blah blah blah. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think when he went from her to Taylor Swift, he kind of maybe lost some appeal and he lost the culture.
Speaker 2: The culture said, Black culture said bye, yeah, yeah, goodbye.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I will say, as a sports fan, Travis Kelsey is a very good football player. Oh he is, Yes, What position does he play? He's a tight on the Kansas City Chiefs. They have won, he's won two Super Bowls.
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: Patrick Maholmes, those with football to him all the time. Okay, okay, so okay. The fact that I'm here, yeah, so he's a very good football player. So the the funny part is like, now you have all these people insulting, like actually real football fans that are like, yeah, Travis Kelsey, like as if he's like somebody, like he's new like.
Speaker 3: D Speaking of football, did you hear.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady's interview when he was talking about like how he had to like get angry in order to win Super Bowls, so he would like think about things.
Speaker 1: That made him mad, Oh my god, and he'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, I just couldn't go in there, like I couldn't go into the stadium just regular.
Speaker 3: I had to be like, yeah, I'm mad.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: You have to see this interview because it is so creepy. He's like and he because he's talking with.
Speaker 2: His teeth rindage, and I'm like, tom Brady, shut up, yeah, shut up, boy.
Speaker 3: You won because you're protected, right, that's all because cannabit tackle you.
Speaker 2: Because then they're okay, moving on, moving on to girls that I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Okay, I do understand Taylor Swept, but this is another person.
Speaker 3: I don't say it.
Speaker 1: I don't Taylor swipt pipe pipe that's over okay, overrated. This Bobby this YouTuber slash podcaster Bobby Adolph am I saying her name right?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is that the monotone white girl?
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm confused.
Speaker 3: I'm extremely confused.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as to why why do we care? Like, why does she have a platform.
Speaker 2: There's that, Uh, there's I mean, I'm not trying to knock anybody's hustle, right, but you know, do you boo? Jamal Hill came out and said that like because she she had there.
Speaker 3: Was a she interviewed Drake in the bed.
Speaker 2: They were they were laying in the bed and that had something like five million views or something crazy. And then she interviewed Offset because mind you, if you interview Drake, if you interview I think she interviewed Shaquille, if you interview these people, you know who they are. Set is now you know who Offset is?
Speaker 1: Right? If you interview Drake, you know who Offset is because you know about rappers.
Speaker 3: You know about black rappers. Are there white rappers? Oh? There is one? We don't talk about him anyway?
Speaker 1: Moving on, So she says in the interview with Offset, like I didn't ask you to come here.
Speaker 3: I don't know who you are. He's like, you're a damn lie.
Speaker 2: Right, he didn't say it like that, but I'm saying he said, you a damn lie. I want everybody to stop talking to her, every rapper, every entertainer, you know, like because it's not it's weird. It's like, I guess, don't don't try to jump into black culture, and then when black culture is there, you say you don't know who they are.
Speaker 3: That is my problem.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, see, okay, I get that, and I understand your side, but I also say, maybe there's a side that we don't know because we've never heard of this girl. Maybe this is her thing overall. So just watching one little clip could be is that that's you know, where you run into problems when you just when people who don't aren't familiar with the people and their personality and what they do and what they say, and then you see one little clip and you're like offended. So I don't want to get offended right away without seeing like, Okay, well maybe this is just what she does overall. Maybe there was coopore to the conversation where she kind of was like, you know, let it go or whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, Jamal Hill's position was, why are there reps. Why is offsets rap Drake's rep even calling her to get on the platform, I mean, to get on her podcast, Like, but let's just leave this, let's just get out.
Speaker 1: But I also think, like this girl, this is what she does. She has this dry sarcasm humor, and so people when they're booking their talent to go in there, they know that that's what it's going to be. This is not a real serious conversation. This isn't like, you know, Okay, let me come in in have a conversation with someone that's all about the you know, they know all about my stuff, and they're they're going to be asking me, you know, questions and doing their research. It's more of like a slapstick kind of humor.
Speaker 2: Okay, exact case, that's fine, but don't said you don't know who he is.
Speaker 1: I know, but when I first saw it, I was just like I was my thing. I wasn't offended.
Speaker 3: I was just like, how did this girl get here?
Speaker 1: Like I was like, what there we? Why does she have this platform? And why is she able to interview these people? And why does she have this many views and followers? That's what I don't understand. But I think like this is her thing, that's her Yeah, okay, all right, stick it on, girl.
Speaker 2: I don't just interview interview Travis Kelsey interview.
Speaker 1: She definitely don't know who he is.
Speaker 3: Interview Matt Damon. I don't know. Leave the rappers alive.
Speaker 1: But the fact that their their reps are actually putting them on her platform is because they know who she is, they know what she does, they know you know. They want them there because they're gonna expose their client to her platform, and I.
Speaker 3: Guess it's valuable to them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to move on to Britney Spears because I'm concerned. Okay, so I do recall because we talked about on this podcast.
Speaker 1: We were like, free Britney, free honey, free Britney, get her out of the conservatorship.
Speaker 3: How dare they take her money?
Speaker 1: She's responsible, she's grown, she has her own have her own money.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, I'm concerned. I say we're the conservatives ship. Yes, because she is dancing with knives NICs.
Speaker 3: Did you? I was so terrified to watch that video of her dance.
Speaker 2: First of all, watching Britney Spears dance knives or no Knives is concerning.
Speaker 1: She's going to give you that same spin. I mean she's spinning way too fast, Yes, that same old spin that she did in two thousand and four, like she's gonna give it to you.
Speaker 2: She got that spin down to a science. She does, yes, and I'm concerned because it's too fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am a little you know, I don't want to say worried or concern because I well, yes, I mean there's there's a concern for her because the question is who is who's who is there, what is she watching her, who is she with on a daily basis, who is guiding her? And it's really sad that, you know, she's pretty much I don't know, probably a couple of years younger than me that I have to have that thought about another grown woman. But it's clear that she's not in the same space as most people her.
Speaker 2: Age, and now that the husband's gone, right, probably because she was dancing around with knives, right, it's concerning, it is, and then another and then even more concern, not more concerning, but like you saw her mom came out and said that she doesn't have any money.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: See the her and Britney apparently aren't speaking right now.
Speaker 1: They haven't been speaking for a while, right.
Speaker 2: Right, And I guess the mom was getting money. This is my I don't know this for sure, but I would assume her mother was getting money when she was under the conservativeship and Brittany was under the Conservative ship. That's no longer and her and Brittany aren't speaking, so her mother has to take side jobs to pay bills.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And it's a little weird because it's like Brittany is doing her.
Speaker 1: Thing, Jamie Lynn. She on every show on Netflix right, like she is everywhere, and she's on Dance with the Stars now, and.
Speaker 2: She's on Dancing with the Stars and nobody says she can dance, but she's on Dancing with the Stars. We won't talk about that lineup in a second. So I'm just like, y'all not breaking your mom off right with a buck or two.
Speaker 1: But that's why, like when I see like broken families like that really breaks my heart because at the end of the day, like you should be able to, no matter where you are in life, be able to call on your family and have your family to support you and vice versa. And the fact that they don't have that whatsoever, like the sisters, the parents, the I mean and you can see where that leads to, you know, Brittany in her forties being where she is, it's just like, gosh, like I've I really wish people could could really hone in on family values.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I really just want her to pull her pants up. They're just a little too.
Speaker 1: Why does she still have these low wear's? Everything low waisted? We have been high waisted for like five years now.
Speaker 2: We have been very much high wasted. Okay, what she still is like ultra low waisted?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I can't even believe we used to wear those.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't wear them very long because anytime I sat down you can see my butt crack.
Speaker 1: I could see your butt crack. She's like so uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: What, Yes, I was like, I don't want my buck crack exposure.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't cute. No.
Speaker 3: No, I need to ask if guys like that, I.
Speaker 1: Know, because they probably don't like the high waisted either. They probably think it makes it look like I do like the.
Speaker 2: High waisted because it gives us a waste and that's a figure, you know what I mean. And I don't think guys liked I mean, I'm speaking for guys. I don't know them.
Speaker 3: But I don't think guys know them. I mean, I am not one.
Speaker 2: I don't think they need for us to be naked all the time. I think that they like mystery.
Speaker 1: No no, no, yeah, yeah, like guys like women you know, are nicely dressed and and leave a little something to the imagination or whatever.
Speaker 3: But did we talk about the Roman Empire? No we didn't.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get to that in a second. Okay, okay, are we done with Britney? SPI I pray for Brittany'll pay for Britney. Yes, somebody is in her life that can guide her because okay, so she tried to say those knives are fake. She lying right, because it's because Halloween is coming in.
Speaker 2: Somebody was about to do a wellness check. That's why she said that fake.
Speaker 3: I was about to do a wellness check. Knock on Brittany's door.
Speaker 2: Like girl, and they said she she sleeps with knives and all this kind of nicety.
Speaker 3: And I want to know does she have any other places in her house? Because like.
Speaker 2: She stayed dancing in the four yer, I want her stop dancing. I mean, well, no, shake if I don't want to see that spin anymore. I'm done with the spin.
Speaker 1: The spin is never she would be in a wheelchairs spin it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you know Usher is gonna be doing us just gonna be doing the super Bowl. They made that announcement. Speaking of spinning, do you think he's going to do it in his roller skates?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, well is that a thing?
Speaker 1: Yes? Oh he performs in roller skates.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess that's new to me.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So maybe so maybe he will.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's gonna be roller skating all around the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Okay, so but why did first of all, that's awesome, I think this would be great. Why did I think that he already did the Super Bowl? Did he so? So? When they announced that he was on the Super Bowl, I was like, Okay, that's great, like he's doing the super Bowl again. And then I realized, you don't. Long time ago he came out with the Black Eyed Peace.
Speaker 3: Why he has no song? Yes he does, but oh that's he does that with them, that's the black Eyed Peace.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's.
Speaker 3: Not the Black Eyed Peas. Yes it is. No, it's not.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're about to do some research on that, but yes we're we're excited about usher roller skating all around the super Bowl. They better build him a whole. I want to see a roller skating like around the whole around. Yeah, Robbin is right, per usual, robbing is correct. I want to see the roller skating track like I want to see it, like you know how little kids have like like.
Speaker 1: Little oh yeah, the fast car thing.
Speaker 3: What do they call it?
Speaker 2: Calls the little you have some wheels, hot wheels. I want to say roller skating hot wheel track. That's that would be so super cute. So he really like how much of his performance is he doing roller skates?
Speaker 3: Carly? Did you go to his show? Two songs? Yeah? I want to do the whole thing on roller skates. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Bring the strip is on scripp Us.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the strippers are coming. Yeah, strippers are coming.
Speaker 2: Yes, speaking of not strippers but amazing people, Beyonce.
Speaker 3: And PreCure. Okay, so I have an announcement announcement.
Speaker 2: Yes, So I was in New Orleans and then I flew to Houston and I went to go see Beyonce or her last Houston show. From what I understand, they were filming for Netflix or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Something got into Beyonce.
Speaker 2: She was on stage for three hours okay, one, two and three too many? No, it was like the best show ever. Okay, ever, Beyonce did that thing. She was happy, she was given is giving all the gifts. Yes, she was doing she was doing it way better than you're doing it, Robin. But I want you to know that I was at the show that won the mute challenge.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was really good. We won.
Speaker 1: I saw that the mute challenge. But wait, did she give y'all another time?
Speaker 3: We did? See?
Speaker 1: That's the problem. No, that's not the problem. The problem so for all, for nobody got two times to do it?
Speaker 3: No, Robin, can I tell my story?
Speaker 2: So for those who don't know what we're talking about, there's a part of Beyonce's song and she's like, look around, everybody going mute, right, And so people don't realize she's really saying go mute. And so from city to city people were messing up, right and DC did DC mess up?
Speaker 1: No, But at some point someone starts screaming before they need to, so it's like quiet and then it's like.
Speaker 2: People are getting punched in the face for messing it up. By the way, So now before the show started. She there were guys who took it upon themselves, who had on everybody goes mute t shirts to walk around from sex and the section and remind people when it's time.
Speaker 3: To go mute, you will go mute. And they would. Yes, the people, the peoples was out.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, okay, were these like fans that took it upon themselves.
Speaker 3: It's a freaking look.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, yes, they took upon themselves to remind everybody because we're taking this very seriously.
Speaker 3: Okay, So she did the first time. Fun, yes, did you take a picture of them?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 2: So she did it the first time and we got it, and she was like all right, and they got it. And when we could talk again, we were jumping up and down, high fiving. You're hugging the person next to you like it's a thing. Right, So I don't nowhere. Like an hour later, because she's still on stage, she sang some song and then she was about to walk away. She turns around, she comes back to the microphone and she was like, look around, everybody going mute. And we I think we were so we were so shook because we had already done it. She did it again, and we were.
Speaker 1: Like, nobody's breathing. We were like so then she was like, y'all did that, and we jumped up and.
Speaker 3: Down, high fived and hugged again.
Speaker 1: Oh she's surprised.
Speaker 3: It was a surprised. That was cute. Okay, I like that.
Speaker 1: I respect that.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, so.
Speaker 1: I respect her. Yes, she's amazing.
Speaker 2: And you know, Beyonce, I'm not I'm speaking to you directly, Beyonce. I'm not gonna let Robin trash you.
Speaker 3: I didn't trash her.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she's the best artist it ever, the all time best entertainer. I'm not trash.
Speaker 2: No one can tell her one, not even Blue or It came out and did her thing. Blue did her thing, and I was like, very proud, but I almost cried. Yes, Blue was like amazing.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: And so that was your second time going because you went to the first, the one in DC where you got rained on, right, so your experience you you feel like you made up for that.
Speaker 3: Yes, because because even the DC show was.
Speaker 1: Like two hours too oh yeah, the one in the rain, yeah, the one the ring was two and a half. Okay, well she was math forty five minutes too long. No, okay, well the three hours, Yeah, she did wear me out. I had told lay down, and we thought I went with my girlfriend Erica. We thought we were going out afterwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, no where, No one's going out.
Speaker 3: You're going out. Yeah, we thought it was gonna have some drink.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine?
Speaker 3: Like, Okay, I like, y'all.
Speaker 1: I just kind of joke when I talk about however, like I have so much respect for what she does because my ass played pickleball the other day and got my ass beat by old man and I was sore.
Speaker 3: I'm still sore, right.
Speaker 1: But if you do something every night and she's out here performing in freaking heels, yes, two and a half to three hours yea, looking around, everybody go mute and still, Oh my gosh. I mean I think I said before I want to know her recovery routine.
Speaker 3: There isn't one.
Speaker 1: She has to be She's got to have a Croyod therapy chamber in her on her busy you know, someone comes and stretches her she has. Like I want to what I really would love to hear from Beyonce because I know she doesn't really do like interviews to promote stuff anymore because why would she need to. I really would love to hear her just how she takes care of herself and her body.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, well we might see that in the Netflix special, I hope. So yeah.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about the tickets though, sure, because you know, we bought nice tickets, and let's say the tickets were I can't remember, but let's just say the tickets were like.
Speaker 3: Twelve hundred dollars. My time was all said done, they were sixteen hundred dollars. Because of the fees. The fees, yeah, ridiculous.
Speaker 1: The fees are out of control.
Speaker 3: Ridiculous.
Speaker 2: So the IRS is now saying we're gonna tax the fees the money that they're making from fees.
Speaker 3: Huh quote fees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the IRS is coming for that. And I'm like, good, good, because the fees, I feel, are some bullshit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's deceptive.
Speaker 1: You're making up stuff. Yes, right, they're making up stuff. Is deceptive, and it's just like the airlines. You remember years ago, you would you would click, you woud get an airline ticket and be like, you know, oh, two hundred and fifty dollars, and then you would get to the checkout and then your cost is like three hundred and ten dollars. Right, So the airline said, no, you can't have any hidden fees on the back end. You got front of them up front. So that's what they need to do first of all. But but it is what are the.
Speaker 3: Fees for it for for your your network, your computer network.
Speaker 2: Process and whatever tickets we bought by the time we you know, got them that day because you know they they email them to you like that day day out.
Speaker 3: They were different seats. What Yeah, they were different seats.
Speaker 2: They were in the area and we purchased, but they were not the seats.
Speaker 3: So like there's some time fool'll be going out on that there in ticket land.
Speaker 1: That's crazy and I don't like it. Yeah, got here for it because the I thought traditionally the way it worked is okay, the artist charged you one hundred dollars for your ticket and Ticketmaster takes a percentage of that, right, you know what I'm saying, Like Beyonce would not be happy if I told her all of these things. She would not be happy.
Speaker 3: Beyonce is well aware, trust me, I don't know if she knows.
Speaker 1: Just like, oh, just like did you see how the the young man with his wheelchair. Uh huh. So there was a young man that has an electric wheelchair and he like finally was able to buy tickets to see Beyonce. But he had to fly. I don't know where he was coming from. He had to fly to get to whatever city he was, you know, going to see Beyonce in gets to the airport in the airline is like your wheelchair, your chair can't fit on the plane. So he couldn't go. So he like posts a little sad inscripts where he's like, well, I wasn't able to see Beyonce. The airline said, my chair won't fit.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Couldn't they give him a chair? They have wheelchairs. He's elected that special chair. This is elect got you.
Speaker 1: So he posts this video and like the beehive formed an action. They that's behind they let they somehow got it to her people. Her He was so her people, and then I can't I don't remember, like, I don't know exactly how they made it happen, but they made it happened. So this young man was able to go to another show and he ended up meeting Beyonce. That That's what I'm talking about, right, That is what I'm talking about. So when I tell you she knows about Ticketmaster and their fees, she knows about Ticketmaster and they feed next time, I'm sure young man in the wheelchair was able to meet Beyonce. Okay, two things.
Speaker 2: One, I'm gonna need the Reasonably shakesters to get in formation, like to be half Okay, ifever we need something I'm a need for y'all, we'll start acting like y'all part of the people.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of Houston, you said, yes, that's where Reasonably Shady Live needs to go next.
Speaker 2: Yes, Reasonably Shady is coming to Houston. I'm just hited to everybody that's number A bunch of y'all there.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: And number two, she's gonna fix the fee situation before her next tour.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I think they're going to do something because, like apparently Olivia Rodrigo, I don't know anything she's saying.
Speaker 2: She's a tailorsweat person, she sings vampires. She's ish, right, Taylor swift ish.
Speaker 1: Yes, So she's going on tour and like apparently they're already having some issues with the tickets and the fees and stuff.
Speaker 3: So I think they're going to try to yeah, change because there was issues with Taylor's Now you can't be mad at Taylor.
Speaker 1: She sells our stadium. So mad at her? I just but like but like, of course she's key key.
Speaker 2: With the boy's mama. Like everybody made a big deal about the fact she was sitting next to his mama.
Speaker 3: Of course I.
Speaker 1: Guess it was a big deal that, Like, how do they I don't know that they were like dating?
Speaker 3: Who cares?
Speaker 1: Why do we care? Who's don't wh why do we care who Travis Kelsey is dating? And why do we care who Taylor Swift is dating?
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't, I don't. I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Okay, So y'all sent us some ask us anything, and yeah we have we have a couple. Okay, so this one is good.
Speaker 3: Robin. You know the show f Mary Kill, Mary Kill the show that's not a show. Do you know the the game? Yes? Are you ready? This?
Speaker 2: When somebody sent this in? Oh before I before I talked about that.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute, I.
Speaker 1: Got something for y'all.
Speaker 2: Okay, So on my way back from where did I go Houston? I was on United which I really really don't fly United quite often because it's not a hub for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, United, So.
Speaker 3: I got a little d M.
Speaker 2: And I wanted to give the girl some love because when I got on a plane there were I noticed there was a lot of extra flight attendants and they were doing some flight attendant training.
Speaker 3: Oh you got it too. Oh no, I'm sorry, I'm telling you to read a text message.
Speaker 2: Guys got okay, So there was a we got some flight attendant training, there was some flight there was a couple of extra flight attendts, there was training. So I was sitting, you know, towards the front, and the girl kept coming and asking us did we want a refresher to our drink? Maybe seventy five times. I get it. You're new, right, and you're trying to impress whoever it is that you're trying to impress, right, But I.
Speaker 3: Was actually annoyed. Okay, okay, But.
Speaker 2: I got a little note and says, Hi, I was this is from she said, Hi, I was part of the United training working crew on your flight from Houston to DCA today. I so badly wanted to take a picture with you because I'm such a huge fan of yours and Robin's as well, and you guys podcast. I didn't want to get in trouble by bothering you and as, but I just wanted to say how beautiful you are and you look the same in person as on TV. And you were wearing a blue jacket and uh oh no, she said, I was wearing a blue jacket. This is the funny part I was. She said, I was wearing a blue jacket and spend most of the flight in the back, but I did see you briefly. Everybody have on a blue jacket.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay. I thought that was sweet. But so she dmned that to you, she damned, yeah, very sweet.
Speaker 1: First of all, Taylor, can we bleep out her name just in case they're like, she didn't.
Speaker 3: Do anything wrong that they might find out. We don't know that.
Speaker 2: Okay, we don't know that. Tailor take a name out, yes, okay, bleep out the name, yes, just in case. Okay, case she's gonna get fired.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, all right, all right, blickcha okay, okay, very good. Just in case.
Speaker 1: However, that was very sweet, very sweet. I would like to say that most people say to me that I look better in person. I know, and they said you look saying most people said that.
Speaker 3: To me too. I know, but I was looking real ratchet that morning.
Speaker 1: I'm tying Beyonce I had won me out. She no, but that's that's what good luck to you, deep deep. Yes, Yes, hopefully we'll see you on a plane. And thank you for listening to reasonably shame.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: And then last week we talked about the deer that were coming and ate my dad's plant that I planted. And I just want to say that somebody sent me a little note and this is from Aaron Clark.
Speaker 3: Can we say her name here?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, she said, listen to your latest reasonably shady about the deer.
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 2: She wanted me to know that her boyfriend will happily hunt them out of your yard if you allow.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of allowing because dee'se deer on my nerves. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Okay, have you ever this is? I've witnessed this like twice in the past week. Have you ever witnessed vultures eating a deer?
Speaker 3: What's a vulture like? Oh?
Speaker 1: I like those big black birds. No o MG, they literally eat everything.
Speaker 3: How did you see this? This on the History Channel?
Speaker 1: I mean near my house. So on that road coming into my house, there was a huge deer that was hit in the middle of the road, and I saw a man drag the deer into like the wooded area.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: And the next time I passed by the area, it was literally like twelve vultures going in on the deer. And then every day I would pass by, the deer is getting smaller and smaller to the point where there's nothing like not a bone.
Speaker 3: No, they was licking the bones, licking they went to town on a bone.
Speaker 1: Yes. And then I just saw it again on my commute to Carter School. It's like you see it, you see a dwindling and then all of a sudden, it's just nothing left.
Speaker 3: It's insane. I'm sorry to but isn't that circle?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, so amazing. It's so disgusting, but it's like it's amazing. Yeah, it's like mind boggling.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so this is your f Mary Kill Okay, Okay, are you ready? Yes, Kanye Nick Cannon? Okay, but's back up, Kanye, who we don't talk about anymore. Nick Cannon, who we don't talk about anymore because Robin already had his.
Speaker 3: Baby or Elon Musk.
Speaker 1: Okay, I am going to marry Elon Musk, okay because I want his money because we're going to divorce. He's going to get a lot of money, of course. Okay, I'm going to kill Kanye. Okay, Kanye got to go. I cannot deal with that headache. And I'm Nick Cannon because I already did because I had his baby.
Speaker 2: Right right right, and I mean he's got a lot of practice, so he might be pretty good. Yeah, because Elon Musk cannot. Oh hell no, don't touch me anything, marry me? Yes, Okay, that was good. I love that. I think I'm the same. Okay, I'm the same. Okay, So okay, this is a good one. What would you say is each other's biggest red flag? Like we were gonna date each other, okay, Like what would be my red flag?
Speaker 3: What would be yours?
Speaker 2: Okay, your red flag? Your red flag? Robin would be like you're never on time? Okay, and so then I couldn't date you because I'm just like, I'm not waiting around with this bitch, right like I'm at the bar and she ain't even here.
Speaker 3: Yet, right this bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be over very quickly, right, okay, all right, and let's see your red flag would be that you want done on your time, like on your way your time? Yes, right away, instant, immediately, Yes, and I'd be like, bitch, the world don't remove around you.
Speaker 3: Chill okay, okay, but I just du okay.
Speaker 2: Now that Virgo season is over, I did see this new thing about Virgos and and yes, they said the world needs Virgos because we keep this ship running.
Speaker 3: I agree, I keep running. I give it to y'all. I give it to you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: You make me better. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: And that's what they said, we make everybody better. Yes, and y'all want to tell us go sit down somewhere, but we really know what we're talking about. It's an eight in us in eight is that a word?
Speaker 3: Yes, thank god. I didn't want to be John. I didn't want to say it all.
Speaker 1: However, yes, it gets to a point where you just want to like chunk.
Speaker 3: A bit choke okay, yes, probably all right.
Speaker 2: So this is this is our last question, and this is ties right into this. This is how do you safeguard your friendship from being on a reality show?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think the great thing about the both of us is that we don't.
Speaker 3: Take ourselves too seriously. Yeah, correct, right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just think when you're like really really friends, like this reality show stuff means nothing, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Facts? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we understand that when we are working on the reality show, we're doing a job. Sometimes we have to have difficult conversations that we would prefer to hav in private, but because we're on a reality TV show, we got to have them in public in front of a camera. And I don't know, it's just like we just both are on the same page. We understand what we signed up for. We don't take ourselves too seriously. We know that we're not perfect, nobody's perfect, and we keep it moving.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I agree with all of that, and I think it speaks to the to the level of our friendship. And I like the fact that we're doing this together and we're friends.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, exactly, It's all good.
Speaker 1: They don't. No one else likes it. I like it. I Oh my gosh, since when is it a crime to actually be like really good friends?
Speaker 2: I don't describe all right, that is our show. You guys, We love y'all so much. Thank y'all for listening. Don't ever forget to live your life, either reasonable or shady.
Speaker 1: Bye, oh I'm sorry or both. Bye.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady.