Speaker 1: Men's college basketball team for the second straight week, extending its record with the program one hundred and forty ninth appearance in the top spot. Duke twenty seven and two has been dominant defensively since losing the North Carolina on February the seventh, holding its past six opponents to an average of fifty seven points per game. The Blue Devils opened the week by handing Note to Dame, it's worst loss since eighteen ninety eight, one hundred to fifty six. Then Duke shut down Virginia on another route, crushing the Cavaliers to seventy seven to fifty one and on Saturday to clinch the top seed in the ACC Tournament. Duke twenty seven and two their first with fifty five votes. Arizona is second with four votes, twenty seven and two, Michigan is third twenty seven and two, Yukon is twenty seven and three, number four, Florida is twenty three and six. They're the five seed and you got Iour State, Houston, Michigan State, Nebraska and Texas Tech.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 1: Is this the year Duke's gonna get it done. They're gonna go all the way through. They're gonna win six games and win then and cut down the NEU Duke look good. Yeah with you, I can't. I can't say this is their year.
Speaker 3: You know, that tournament, that tournament style is similar to the NFL playoffs.
Speaker 2: You know, I just gotta be better.
Speaker 4: Than that one day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is one game. So it's it's hard. It's hard. I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't sit here and say that they're gonna win it.
Speaker 3: Now. They have been playing great basketball, but it's other teams that's been playing great as well. So you just have to kind of wait until the tournament start, man, because you know, you get in that neutral environment to where there's really no home court advantage. Anything, anything can go, anything go, anything can go.
Speaker 1: And guys you talk about, Duke is predominallly freshman, eighteen year old. These teams that have these veteran clubs that's been together then they got they got juniors and seniors.
Speaker 5: Hey sometimes sometimes to Uncle Norton, I think about I think about the Packers when they and how young their team is, and I think about some times when they get to the playoffs and when they have success, the fact that the players are so young and they don't understand the pressures that come with being in the postseason. I think they're just out there, not playing for fun, but just playing freely.
Speaker 4: You understand what I mean. So when I think.
Speaker 5: About it, when I think about going into March Madness, there is no pressure for them here. We you know, we were not not saying their kids were just out there playing ball.
Speaker 4: We just freely out there playing ball. So the pressures that normally come uh with with with being.
Speaker 5: In March Madness, I think we gonna. I think they're gonna they're gonna be all right again. It is it is I just need to be better than you on this one specific day.
Speaker 1: But I don't think that that's what That's the That's why we love March Madness is the unpredictability of it, yep, because we've seen the Cinderella, we've seen the upsets, we've seen a team ain't got no business beating this team. Guess what, I just need to be better than you for forty.
Speaker 2: Minutes, that's it. That's it.
Speaker 1: And the longer the game goes and you haven't gotten me up out of there and you hadn't blowed me out the tider, you're gonna get because at the end of the day they realized they're Duke. Yeah, there's something. It's like, I don't care you're Alabama, Ohio State. You're one of those. And so you know what comes along with that. You know what you know all the players that came before you. You know about Grant Hill, you know about Kristen Lighter, you know, you know every coach cad and the legacy that he started with, Johnny Dawkins and and and and uh Tommy Amaker, Jay Billis I remember you.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: You also know what the expectations are. You do You're number one. See, you got players to go every year. Elton Brand the first number on the overall draft pick, Zion, number one overall draft pick, Kyrie number one overall draft pick. Look at the legends, the who's who, the Christian Laynon, the Bobby Hurleys, the Grand Hill, the uh, the Elton Brands. You know the legacy and which Duke was built on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you got that bull They got that bulls out on their back.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, University of Arizona, the Wildcats, they've been playing great ball two. Absolutely, I'm talking about putting b t A people there and they get into it. Man, it's gonna be, it's gonna be a good March madness.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna we're gonna see if big and look and we're gonna we're gonna cover March madness in the.
Speaker 2: Duke Man, Damn Cameron Boozer man, he's been better than that.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's hey? What's up with his brother? Is his brother is good?
Speaker 1: No, they different sizes, but like he's more like his dad, but he can shoot it better than his day. Yeah, but he got he got the body like his dad. He got a grown ass man. Yes, yes, yes, go ahead, O Joe.
Speaker 3: Now I say so, if if if if if Cameron booz is six nine, six ten, his twin brother who is on the Duke Blue devis as well, Ojo. He probably ain't but about six three maybe six four.
Speaker 4: Ye, so he probably played one of the two.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah he do he do? He played the guard position? Yeah yeah, Cooper Flag.
Speaker 1: I mean looking think about how how many number one overall draft picks that.
Speaker 2: They had, Joe, do they put them on?
Speaker 1: Zion was number one, Kyrie was number one, Elton Brand was number one, and then you got Ladner in the Grand Hills and all the olla ob the nobles in the Cherokee Parks and all those guys, Hey, Jen Langdons, all those, all those guys that came after that. They might not be number one, but Duke have man like man. Look, I ain't no Duke fan. I'm a tar Hill fan. So if you're a tar Hill fan, you hate everything all hate. Hey listen, and all the Dukies they all got good jobs. Oo w y they they TV analysts, they coaches, they gms, they they got all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you saying like basically, playing for Duke it's like playing for the Cowboys after you retire, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically Yeah, look at the analysts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're right, yeah, dn Don Meredith right, uh Romo.
Speaker 4: Okay, I get it, I get it now, I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, that's that's basically what we said.
Speaker 3: You get, you get taken care of. If that's the hell of a fraternity to come from, if you because it's so vast, it's kind of like Stanford. You already know you go with to Stanford. Yeah, let's see why I was what what firm? What tech company? I want to work at?
Speaker 2: No to dame? Where I want where I want to work at? I think I work for you, right, that's just the way it is. Yeah. Yeah, but oh Jo, you boy, Oh no, we didn't have no fall back.
Speaker 1: If i'll go play the end of fail or, I was gonna get do something I probably I probably got with go to law school. Brother would have put me through law school. Yeah, I seen you. I heard you say. You you major in criminal justice. You know I majored in criminal justice too. Yeah, you know I major. I majored in eligibility. But I happened to get a degree. But I got a degree. Hey, well, I was staying.
Speaker 3: Ain't let me tell y'all something because we are proper for the eight over now.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: So when I did get eligibra, right when I did get elgib with my freshman year, they packed me down for like twenty one twenty two hours.
Speaker 2: Ojo.
Speaker 1: So like y'all got the quarter system, Joe, Huh? Were y'all in the quarter system a semester or semester?
Speaker 2: What you mean?
Speaker 1: Because see we was on the quarter. We had three quarters. Excuse me, that's a better stake man.
Speaker 2: Listen. They they packed me down with twenty one twenty two hours.
Speaker 3: I got class from seven in the morning to three o'clock in the evening and no break. We got practiced at three thirty four, Joe. So look I see some of my teammates on the yard. I'm like, man, how y'all look so fresh? Like, like, what y'all got? I said, Man, they got me down with twenty two hours. They say, man, you know you only need twelve hours to be elder.
Speaker 2: Woe.
Speaker 3: I say what, Well, y'all should have seen how I went down there and dropped all them classes. Hey, look I only had fourteen hours. I made a little room for just in case I had a little slippage, you know what I mean, if I got a little slippage. But I'm like, Bolly, ain't gonna be in class all day from no. Seven o'clock to three o'clock and they eat and then got to go.
Speaker 1: Straight to practice. Oh no, that's how I was, Joe. But no, I had to get up out it because I started behind. Because see my first year, Joe, I didn't take any classes that went towards graduation. Yeah, because I was I was a prop forty eight, so I was in what they called developmental studies. So in other words, you have to get out of developmental studies before you can take classes that goes towards graduation.
Speaker 2: I had to do that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I had reading, I had, I had every so every class I was taking was developmental studies. I never forget the first I walked to the reading my first teacher joined Maclamore and I was in the back of the class. She said, she called my name, Shannon Shark, I'm here. That was the only time she ever called me Shanton Shark from that from that point on, she called me mister Sharp. So she gave us an assignment. I brought the assignment home, did it? I mean took it?
Speaker 2: Did it? Brought it back the next morning. She asked us to pass it in. You know.
Speaker 1: I first went up there, put the thing up there. She looked over it. She looked at me. She looked over it. She said, mister Sharp, come up here.
Speaker 2: I said, Lord, have mercy. Lord, I ain't even do nothing. Oh Joe, Joe.
Speaker 1: She put her arm around my waist and she looked up at me. She said, mister Sharp, I don't want to see you in here next quarter. You ain't got no business in this class, you hear me? I said, yes, ma'am. She said, I don't want to see you in here. All right, you go sit down. I got up out of there. Joe I had, I had English, Joe m p.
Speaker 2: Green.
Speaker 1: But she ain't bullgy man. She gave us a paper, the first paper Joe Joe like, she had to use by four pin. Ain't no way, No one pin had this much red on it ain't no way, I said, it was that woman. No battle pack of wed pins. I said, did this woman cut us up on my paper?
Speaker 4: All correct?
Speaker 1: That it was?
Speaker 2: I know exactly what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: And so Joe and Jo back then in order to in order to graduate, you had to pass the regents, so they give you an essay. They give you two topics. You get to choose from two topics, and you had to write an essay on it. Now, the problem is is that they send it out. People from your university don't grade it. It might go to Georgia Southern, it might go to somebody from Fort Valley, it might go so it goes.
Speaker 2: So you don't know who's great in your paper.
Speaker 1: All you know, they give you a number and when you go out there, it'll tell you if you pass or you fail, have a pet or it has an f I said, lord, hey, hey, hey, nobody don't want to say nothing, but you can see that's a yeah.
Speaker 2: I guess. I guess that mean man.
Speaker 1: When I went up there and I saw my my number, my uh my code, Yeah, I got one more. I got one more Math, the last one last quarter oho. But see my thing, oh, Joe, Reading was the only one that I was in the last tear.
Speaker 2: The other ones I had to move. I had to go.
Speaker 1: Here are two two tier three take care of up out the mare.
Speaker 2: So Math was the last one was math.
Speaker 1: Oo, me and Math. They never got tables. So we going there to take We're going to there to take the test. The instructor is passing our pennies because penny is supposed to be good luck. You know me, Joe, I said, hey, you might well give him. I hope you got to pack up in it because he gonna need it. I'm joke, I'm cracking jokes. I said, I don't want no penny. I said, I don't need no luck. Give it to me. I'm ready give me the test right now, I'm leaving. I'm getting up out of here. Everybody looking at me like, what is man?
Speaker 2: What is sharp.
Speaker 1: Man, when I got that thing, and that thing says, I'm through with all these developmental.
Speaker 2: Study classes, and I do them past the regents.
Speaker 1: So now starting my sophomore year, everything I do is towards graduation.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: In order to take an overload, you got to get you got to get the department head to sign off on it.
Speaker 2: So I gotta go there there.
Speaker 1: It's like, hold on, mister Sharp, you want to overload you in just developmental study class? Says I said, Yeah, I was, but I got a bottom. Now I need you to put your name on here so I can get the overload. So I get up out of here. Yeah, I took twenty I took twenty. I think I took her about twenty one hours. My sophomore year, my junior year, I was two quarters short of graduating. I came back, got that. My grandma saw her baby walk across that stage. But I was getting to those Oh hey, honor, roll, honor roll these list, honor.
Speaker 2: Indeed.
Speaker 4: Joe you, Joe, you graduated too, Hey, Joe, hey young with you?
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 4: I ain't graduate either, man.
Speaker 2: I had to get up out of it. Man.
Speaker 1: My brother got two degrees. I couldn't let that Joe. Hey, I ain't got no two, but I couldn't let that Joe get that far.
Speaker 2: Help me?
Speaker 4: Oh no, Jo, Joey got it.
Speaker 1: And my grandma said, My grandma said, ooh, she was so proud. My baby graduated fabul graduate from college. Yeah, you prayed a mini nights for your baby to graduate college, right right?
Speaker 4: Got we got we gotta we gotta finish. Finish our degree. Man, get our degree, Joe.
Speaker 2: We we getting a degree in.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, I'm I'm a master, No but not.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do marketing, brandings and that's what I'm good at, marketing and branding.
Speaker 4: Maybe a minor in business.
Speaker 5: M Yeah, I'm going to roll over at fam though where you're gonna.
Speaker 4: You're gonna, we're gonna go.
Speaker 2: I'm uh.
Speaker 4: And they told me, hey, Joe.
Speaker 2: They told me class at Georgia State or something, and they told.
Speaker 4: Me you could do it online too. You knew that?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah you know what. Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do with Joe. Yeah, I ain't finela, I ain't fnna be going no class. I'm gonna keep it rid me.
Speaker 5: Hey, Joe, I think it would be good for me too, man, Like I mean, my grandma, Ma Mama ain't here to see it. But actually being able to walk across that stage, I think that that'll be something good for me to be able to celebrate.
Speaker 2: Man, feel good about yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just just just completing that journey, the journey that she always wanted me to, you know, to be one. I think, I think, I know, I know, I know, I know. I play around a lot, make a lot of joke, but that's I wanna I want to.
Speaker 3: I want to do.
Speaker 1: Hey, Joe, and you say something very interesting, Joe, because when I got there, because we ask you, man, what you major in? Mechanical engineer, medical engineering, finance? Everybody everybody mechanical engineering, bio engineer, oh read biology, business administration, everybody got all these I said, what damn?
Speaker 2: I said, I'm thinking to myself, why y'all it's a better state.
Speaker 3: Then y'all got me crazy. I don't my grade and I could have got in Prinson.
Speaker 1: I understand that, so I ain't fooling nobody. Like, but what you're gonna major in? I said, I'm a majoring in criminal justice? Like criminal justice?
Speaker 2: Are said? Okay?
Speaker 1: Hey, Searp who's your professor? My profession don't teach engineer. You know what I'm saying? That they came right on down there, and the ones that stuck with that class without left. I came back and finished up my degree in ninety one, ninety three. They finishing up, they aggressive, Yeah, and some people they had already they had already took all there, They got all the credits. They were just taking the regents. They couldn't ask the regions. They cut it out now. I don't think you have to take the regions now, but they couldn't pass their regions.
Speaker 3: Well, look, when you get to college, boy, you got to really apply yourself, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Says That's the Uncle Joe.
Speaker 5: That's the part that that I'm worried about, right, like the fact that I got two hundred and thirty seven eleven jobs. Right, how am I gonna be able to take my online classes and try to work towards getting my degree?
Speaker 4: Hey, I don't even know how many credits I need to goddamn graduate.
Speaker 2: You can find that, oh, Joe up they find out, Yeah, they find out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, considering that you with the JUCO and none of those are gonna apply towards your degree. And you only stayed you only stayed two semesters at Oregon State. You well the way now that when you started, you got to lock in. You got to lock in. But all it taste is disciplined. Yeah, I got that disclined. You just got You just gotta plight and say, say you know what, just like you wanted to go to the NFL, say I want this down degree.
Speaker 4: Well, you know I can lock in that, you can lock in.
Speaker 1: It's all you gotta do what you did to go to the next left to get to the NFL. But gee, you know you had you had a real passion for football. You're gonna have to have. You got to have a passion.
Speaker 4: For this work, not only that work.
Speaker 5: Joe, I I just want I just want to the check.
Speaker 4: I just want to check that that that empty space, that's them.
Speaker 2: You want that diploma? You just want to walk by do.
Speaker 5: I just want to be able to hang that thing. Hate that thing be happen. It's just something to be proud of.
Speaker 1: Man, it's gonna be harder not oo, because get into the NFL with the means to the end. You're like my grandma gonna be able to eat. My brother's gonna be able to eat, My mama gonna be able to eat. I'm gonna be able to eat. You get this degree, don't nothing financially potentially comes from it other than the.
Speaker 5: Fact I get that degree. More doors might open for more jobs, man.
Speaker 3: Joe, I don't make the job that you with that degree. It's hey, look, it's a lot of people out here with degrees that can't use them.
Speaker 2: Oo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I heard about that too. Man, that's messed up.
Speaker 5: You pay all that money, your old depth and you can't even get a job in your own goddamn feel now you're struggling paying back goddamn Sally man. Man, it's it's it's ridiculous, mane.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Hey, look I took a couple of loans out when I was in college, man, because I couldn't stand walking around being you paid them back to boy.
Speaker 2: I ain't had no choice.
Speaker 3: Look, I left my sophomre a year, but I had done took out probably about forty five worth of loans.
Speaker 2: I ain't never tell my mother.
Speaker 3: So look, look uncle oh, I went pro the University of Arkansas. The them bills kept coming in My mom was like, what what what? What's all this stuff? I said, don't pay them people their money back. I took a couple of loans. I don't worry about it.
Speaker 5: He think about that, think about man, I crossed it. I mean, I walked the stage at FAM. You y'all get to come out there. We do nightcap in Tallahassee.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: That ain't nothing like ain't there's nothing. There's nothing like to have your family and attendance. And you know, I was the second. My brother was the first to get a college degree. I was the second one to get a college degree. Now we haven't had people that's gonna sense us. But and I remember they asked any parent that's proud that the young one man? My brothers still m brother, my brother, Mama, Mama looked, say, mama, looked, what you stand up for. I'm as responsible as anybody.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: You know it's funny too, Joe. I mean, it's not a bad thing, obviously, obviously. I mean I've done some good. Those I have kids from done some good. Three of my kids and graduated college before I even got my damn damn degree. My son and graduated, my daughter the graduate from TV man. You know, my other daughter then graduated. My goddamn mocha Mocha.
Speaker 4: For the graduate from you Never University Kentucky next year.
Speaker 2: So there's four out the door to get it. That's crazy. Hey, hey, when you just in Houston watching watching one of your daughters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, SEC championship.
Speaker 2: She did.
Speaker 4: She made me proud.
Speaker 5: Joe, she y'alled out there man on that on that four by four on that third leg.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Joe, she had to go get somebody. She went and got him.
Speaker 1: Like, now you gonna get somebody. Go get that degree you're talking about. You got four kids about to graduate. You go get that degree.
Speaker 4: I am, I got to I gotta could have looked bad, got three kids.
Speaker 1: Take your ass, get online and get that degree. Apply yourself. You got you got it, you got it. Just like, hey, I want this degree. And when you put your mind to something, you can do it.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 3: Definitely, Oh tell you do it online. You may even get a little help, you know what I mean? Uh uh, don't let Fred Fry beat you out of school. Friends probably gonna be holding up on the plobe. But daddy, I got bye. You gotta be you gotta beat friends.
Speaker 5: School that got I got to I'm curious to see how many credits I needed, how many hours I have regard.
Speaker 4: I don't know how it goes at this point.
Speaker 2: They can find that, bro, I promise you.
Speaker 4: I know it's gonna hurt when they tell me how long I got to do?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, Yeah, Oh Joe, Joe, our discord has joke. Check out this image that Peter made for Joe.
Speaker 2: What he made? Hey?
Speaker 6: Oh, they got me crying to look at me from that ass w y'all will take it, but don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: Ain't no about to get blocked on Discord. Hey, Peter, appreciate it, Bro, I'll do it too much.
Speaker 1: USC leading scorer Chad Baker Mazara no longer with the program. Baker Mazar left Sunday home lost to Nebraska early in the second half following a hard fall after he blocked the shot from Price Sandford. Baker Mazzara told coach Eric Musselman he couldn't go back in, then sat near injured Rodney Rice in the arena. Excuse me in the area with fans instead of on the bench with the rest of the team. No reason or details forget for Baker Mazarre's program departure were provided. Rumor was circulating about the age and having children, but that originated from a parody account.
Speaker 2: Joe, what's going on, man? I think this just the kid, that's what twenty six, twenty seven?
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh yeah, I think he's a leading score in the leading score. He was a leading scorer.
Speaker 3: But you know, I don't think he was playing when Elijah Arenas Gilbertson was playing. So I don't know if it's because you know, Elijah and came back. He been, he been bawling. I don't know what it is, but for them to just send him on his way, he averaging eighteen nineteen points a game as your leading score, it had to It's got to be something deeper than what we could you know, ever imagine for real. I'm like, cause that just don't make no sense to me.
Speaker 5: I couldn't understand if he got hurt and he went to the locker room and came back out, why sat with white, sat in the stands with the you know, with the fans that on.
Speaker 1: The bench there you go, Oh Joe, that's okay, thank you. That's what I'm like, bro, you know, I mean your team sit where your team sit with your teammates. That's that's what I don't understand. That's the confusing part to me. That's what I need some clarification on. That's what I need someone to explain to me. Why the choice in the seating.
Speaker 4: Did he hit his head, hit his head or something.
Speaker 2: I think he hurd like his knees or something.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought he I thought it was a pretty gross injury.
Speaker 2: I ain't. I thought he tore something but obviously didn't.
Speaker 5: Wait, was the bench fit? Was there an extra seat for him? Do you think there was a seat left or maybe the bench was fulled? I mean, it gotta be some kind of reason behind that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just don't know why even even so, I mean, you just go to the end. You don't sit in the in the student sex, you don't sit with the students.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure at some point in time, some truth will will come out and we'll get a better clarification, We'll get a better understanding of what actually actually happened, because now you can't really trust anything online now because they got so many parent accounts, they got so much AI going on.
Speaker 2: O Joe so I just oh. Joe.
Speaker 1: Flord Mayweather Junior is now scheduled to take on Greek kickboxer Mike Zambeatus in another exhibition in June and afters Greece, this will be two months after Mike after the Mike Tyson fight.
Speaker 2: Zambatus is an eighteen.
Speaker 1: Times world champion and retired with a record of one fifty four and twenty four. He hasn't taken He hasn't taken part in an official fight since June of twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talk to me.
Speaker 1: Are you concerned that Floyd is potentially risking long term help just to make a quick payday schedule three fights in one year. The last time, before you go, Joe, the last time, if I'm not mistaken, that he fought three times in one year, was two thousand and five and he was twenty eight years of age.
Speaker 5: I say, no, no, I'm not worried about it, Joe. I understand obviously your spidery senses, some things are going. You're not the same as you was, especially back in two thousand and five the last time you fought you know, three times. But obviously you have to look at the opponents that he's picking he's picking the opponents that he know he's going to be able to win. He's picking opponents that he knows he's better than, even with his lack of his lack of not being in the ring, but someone that stays active, he just hasn't fought in doing these exhibitions. He's going to be okay, going to be able to protect himself and be able to hit them at will, and being able to protect himself when trying to be hit.
Speaker 4: Obviously, eight, I forgot the record. You just said the guy.
Speaker 6: What was.
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 5: Obviously he's probably great in his in his craft and what he did, but he's no he has staying no chance in a boxing ring with Floyd Mether whether he's young, whether he's old, Weddies in his prime. Hell, he could probably be due with the jabpan all night long if he wanted to. So Again, for one, I think that's a tune up, the one, the guy, the Greek guy. That's a tune up before he gets to Mini pacyall because I think I think that guy is going to to probably, you know, try to try to give him a little show, give him a little challenge. But that's all that is. That's all it comes down to, because he knows once you get the mini pac yao, all bets are off, All bets off. That's a that's a real live fight. Ain't no exhibition. He not taking it easy on you. He gonna go so that that Mike Tyson, listen, give me something, let me refeel, let me refiel my pockets real quick, boom. The tune up fight against the Greek guy. I don't know how to say his name. The proper way is to tune up for MANI pack you out and then comes September in the spear, We're going.
Speaker 4: We're going all.
Speaker 3: Out absolutely then beat us trying to keep fine tune, fine tuned until you get in the packet.
Speaker 4: You get that get that rust, get that ring, rush out it.
Speaker 2: I hate it, hate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I wish Floyd didn't have to do this. He made enough money. He shouldn't have to do this, and I don't. Maybe maybe he just wants to come back. Maybe there's an itch that these just scratched. Maybe the competitive juices of Floyd again. But when you're talking about o Jo, he's let's just say, for the sake of vironment, these are exhibitions. Floyd hadn't fought three fights in one year since two thousand and five, that's over two decades ago. It doesn't even if it doesn't look good because sometimes the mention of it, like Florida's broke. I don't know if Florida's broke Floyd broke compared.
Speaker 4: To other people, it's not. It's not the same.
Speaker 2: It's different.
Speaker 1: Now, you know, you hear things that you know pack he owed this person. I saw Logan Paul was talking about that he owes him and some Greek company suit some Dobai company and sued in for ten million dollars.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's any truth of that chat. I really really don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know Floyd's finances, and I don't know anybody that knows Floyd's finances.
Speaker 2: But it's just, man, I just hate this. I hate it.
Speaker 1: You know, when you heard the story of Joe Lewis, how Joe Lewis had to come out and had to fight much longer than he should have O Joe. I hate that for guys when they have to do that, because they take such a beating when they're in their prime, when they're young boxing it even when the hair gear and you spar o, Joe, you still get hitting upside your head. It's just like when you play football. Yeah, you got to help it on, but them damn licks still hurt.
Speaker 5: And when you're know they also Uncle Joe, you think about it too. You have to think about it. We talk about Floyd. We talk about Floyd. One that's over his career in fifty fights, hasn't taken much punishment.
Speaker 4: He hasn't getten it.
Speaker 5: I mean, obviously you do get hit, but he's minimized those hits and that wear and tear over the years because he's so great at defense. He's so great at defense. So he's one of the few that can come out and that's why the first thing I said, he's one of the few that can come out of retirement even at his age and still protect himself.
Speaker 4: It's like, hell, I ain't rode a bike.
Speaker 5: In fifteen years, Joe, but if I had to get back on there, I can get on there and know what to do, especially when you talk about one of the best, if not the best of all time. Now, depending on who you ask when it comes to boxing, obviously you know you throw other names and the you know in the pot but I think he's gonna be all right.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be able to do what he needs to do in the ring. He knows how to protect himself.
Speaker 5: He knows how to carry a fight, which he I think he's gonna do for the young bull out there. Uh and uh and the Greek guy that ain't gonna face, he's gonna he's gonna carry him now when he when.
Speaker 4: He does he.
Speaker 2: But why why why is he fighting Mike Tyson? Though?
Speaker 3: Like the last time I seeing Tyson fight, he wasn't throwing no punches, like We're gonna throw no punches this guy this fight either, That's what I'm saying. So I know it was somebody, and I'm not saying you know, obviously I'm a Tyson fan, but I mean, damn Tyson six.
Speaker 1: Well, was Tyson at least sixty A couple of years he got to be at least Tyson got to be at least two to three years older than me. And I'm about to be fifty eight, so he's sixty sixty one.
Speaker 3: I don't want to Tyson. I don't want to see the biteing, the gloves and all that. Oh, he didn't want to hit him. I Mutney, Huh, he didn't want to hit him in message talking about he didn't want to.
Speaker 4: Hit an't want to hit him.
Speaker 5: I mean, he'll be sixty, he'll be sixty years old June thirty.
Speaker 1: Tyson will be sixty two thirty. He's born in sixty six.
Speaker 5: I was born in sixty You look at it, You look at that that Jake Paul Tyson fight like that those first two rounds, and yeah, if you know Tyson, if you watched Tyson fight over the years, when he comes out, he straight to action.
Speaker 4: He's straight to action, exactly straight.
Speaker 5: I mean, even even if you're not young, if that's the way you fight, that's the way you fight, you don't you don't change the way you fight over the years. He's he sits in the pocket and we're going to work.
Speaker 2: So how do you think he's gonna fight Floyd? Floyd ain't fnna sit there.
Speaker 4: That's not that's not I don't. I don't know what's gonna happen. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's gonna happen with that, because I mean.
Speaker 5: We saw, we saw we saw my Tyson and Roy, you know, and they also didn't want to hit each other.
Speaker 2: So I'm but Roy.
Speaker 1: Already says that, look, he is not gonna hit it. He's not to hit my mama child with that left hand hook.
Speaker 2: That happened my mama's son with Roy Roy? What was uh?
Speaker 1: I was honest about you know, like, look, he still got power in the hand and played and he still has power, O Joe. We watched him, Joe, and you watched him when they were showing, uh the.
Speaker 2: Lead up to the fight.
Speaker 3: Man, you see types of hitting that bag man, but you see how type Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Ain't nothing change.
Speaker 5: And that's how you know if you see him hit the bag, you see him hit the mits and all of a sudden you're getting the ring and you look completely different where you're trying to figure out why you're not letting go, why your gun shot?
Speaker 1: And he was letting him go with he when he was farred when he hit them. He was letting this ms go. O Joe, you know, I just look, Look, we got to talk about it, so we're gonna have to watch so we can provide some some analysis.
Speaker 2: But it's just I just I just wish. I just wish.
Speaker 1: At fifty years of age, I don't you know, I don't out of I mean, can you imagine if you could if.
Speaker 2: You had to?
Speaker 1: I mean, I love, I love, I love football, but ain't no way. I was after retiring at thirty five, I was coming back at forty.
Speaker 2: Right, No, but hey, hey, hey, I came back. Did you know what, Joe Ochoe?
Speaker 1: If people didn't want to see it, it wouldn't Yeah, somebody go watch it. It's on everybody for Netflix got how many how many countries are there? In two hundred country country probably got three four hundred million subs subscribers.
Speaker 2: Netflix ain't playing is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're definitely gonna watch it. And half the people watching to see him lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just I don't know, but he wants he wants to do it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's it's just these three fights and that's it, Ohoe, or he's gonna have more fights in twenty seven. Hey, we got but it just goes to show you what curse there the boxing is is that people will watch this and they got real fighters. That just goes to show you what the curse the boxing nells on Joe. I mean, and we got good fighters, they got Hey, their fights to be made. Like I said, hopefully Gavonte Davis get his situation resolved. But you got the Davis kid, Keisha Davis, and you got your Core, and you got a Ryan Garcil, you got you got Devin Haney, you got guys, you got Lomo. I think I think Lomo retired, Lomo Temoe, I know, one of the more time. But their fights to be made, their fights to be made retired. I mean, it's it's it's it's so many. I mean, just the the problem is it's too much dead time.
Speaker 4: It's too much dead time.
Speaker 5: So while you know fights haven't been resolved yet or you know, too many layers between fighters won to fight. I mean, so something like this, I mean, it's gonna have people watching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, people gonna tune in for sure.
Speaker 1: I guess we have to go watch a couple of rounds, oh Joe, Yeah, we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna watch a couple of riude. But bad.
Speaker 4: It's like, hey, we're going to the fight. We're going to the fight in Vegas in September.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, well.
Speaker 4: We're gonna walk. We're gonna walk in there, but we're gonna be clean too by and we got a good we gotta Yeah. Yeah, we're gonna be clean. Well, I can't wait. Why, oh Joe be clean?
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 4: I might be the cleanest one in the house.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 4: When I put I'm gonna put these pants all right here, Joe.
Speaker 2: All right now? Yeah, yeah, you're doing too much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ain't nobody gonna be Ain't nobody gonna be at that fight in September.
Speaker 4: And he got damn leven pants.
Speaker 1: But me, boy, yeah, god, you probably won't be able to take them off.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be so funky.
Speaker 4: Take you to the cleanest every three days.
Speaker 5: Now, you got to do cleaning right across the street.
Speaker 4: That's okay, Okay, I ain't gonna win Wes some boots. I'm wess some boots. I don't know what I'm well, Joe, what you're wearing, Joe.
Speaker 3: I'm sure I'll piece something together. I'm probably put on put on one of these little fly suits. I got over him, man, I got you know, I mean a suit, a suit suit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm coming with a suit. Man, I'm coming, I'm coming. Yeah. Yeah, that's how Yeah, Yeah, you ain't fighting.
Speaker 1: He's like he's walking the intro jokey Joe.
Speaker 2: I'm coming, I'm coming, I'm coming in. I ain't playing on anybody like a suit like you we at a church. Yeah, I'm coming. I'm gonna be clean.
Speaker 4: Oh Joe, Joe, you ain't gonna be comfortable with a boxing fight.
Speaker 3: Yes I am, Yes, I am, Yes, I am. You'll see, you'll see check out.
Speaker 4: Okay, I hear.
Speaker 1: Wearing no suits because after we had this rematch and I put foot city and he's gonna be too sore.
Speaker 2: His ads is gonna be sore.
Speaker 1: So I would when we getting back on that ball, you got a chill got Yoh nah, Joe, because you be rappy. All you do, all you do is be talked about how the people, the people gave me this title. I did have for no title for that, Joe. This what this is what the people wanted. So I have to get the people what they Okay, yeah, you want to get the people what they want.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 4: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's like I said, hopefully everything gets resolved and Floyd goes on about his life and everybody, everybody gets to live happily.
Speaker 4: Every I mean, obviously some things need to change.
Speaker 5: Some things need to change, because you won't be able to keep coming back out, you know, to be able to do these exhibitions as you get you know.
Speaker 3: Well you better look good. That's what I'm gonna say. That boyfriend put on the shore. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, Floyd gonna look like Floyd despite thee even despite his age, because he's always active, Joe. You know, he's always active. So I mean, I mean, I want to see it. I mean, I'm excited because I know what he's gonna look like despite how long he's been off, despite having a ring rush. And that's that's why he's doing the tune ups before you get to pack, y'all.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I don't know. I guess I have to wear my lord pants again the third time.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I like them thing I like, I'll get up, I have some. Yeah, I'm gonna be clean though, I'm be clean.
Speaker 2: Joe, what what you're playing?
Speaker 4: Some cowboy boot Joe?
Speaker 5: Yeah, cowboy by nice little jeans. I forgot what they call them in Houston. They called them the gene They they sit right over, they sit right over like the genes kind of fit like slim a little bit, but it fled out perfectly right at the bottom to go right over the boot boot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, but it's a certain name to it, Joe.
Speaker 5: I mean I forgot what it's called. No, not not bire bottoms, not flare pants. It's a specific name. It's a specific gene. I forgot what it's called exactly. And it just it's just it's just looked what you saying specific, specific specific.
Speaker 1: I thought you said it's the way I said, that's an ocean. I talk fast, I do you do? That's why I get you to slow down. Yeah, but that's I mean.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: Now everybody's wearing that kind of little slimmer fit and then it gets looked, you know, kind of flair at the bottom.
Speaker 5: Somebody in the chat they must be from Houston. It's called stacked. They called stack jeans. And just everybody I saw in.
Speaker 4: Houston, you know it's rodeo, it's Rodeo weekend or Rodeo week whatever. I'm like, how come everybody ship?
Speaker 5: It looked right, It looked perfection, like somebody tailored everybody jeans to fit perfectly over their boots.
Speaker 4: I mean, everybody was clean.
Speaker 1: They see that stole that name because we used to call stacks platform Shoot, that's what stacks were called. Yes, back in the seventies, when guys used to wear those flipp pants, they had on what we call stacks platforms. That's what stacks were called when I was a kid. I ain't know nobody, Like I said, we call those bail bottoms. Then they call them boot cut uh uh uh, but yeah, that's what that's what uh stacks were called when I was a kid. Anybody from anybody, anybody that's old enough to remember the seventies and eight except uh seventies all the way through the seventies. In the early eighties, do anybody know what stacks platform shoes is. That's what y'all call them. Mm hmm they said, uh, jeans and Houston are called strangers. Yeah, there's like, yes, stacks that's what that's what we called them.
Speaker 2: Joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had somebody went to I had a Halloween party and I had some you know, I went.
Speaker 4: You had some platforms on.
Speaker 2: Yeah high was the hill?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I see you know you I have we had Bero with the ged out felt with apologist.
Speaker 5: Yeah many you did you know how to do the walk? Remember the episode of Martin remember.
Speaker 2: I was stunting.
Speaker 4: I was, yeah, pretty pretty Tony Man, pretty Tony.
Speaker 6: Mm hm.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Detroit has traded David Montgomery out of the Motor City. The Lions agreed to trade the running back to the Houston Texans, and the Lions will receive a Houston fourth round pick, offensive linement Juice Scrugs and a seventh round pick in exchange for Montgomery. The move ends the three year running Detroit will Montgomery started alongside Jamir Gibbs as part of the arguably the league's best backfield duo officially known as Sonic and Knuckles.
Speaker 2: Oh Cho. Remember we had a conversation? Did did de moo talk? Did y'all hear that from me? Hold on, hunh?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: What? What did I say?
Speaker 2: Chat?
Speaker 4: What? What did I say?
Speaker 2: Last night?
Speaker 4: Where would be the perfect place?
Speaker 5: You know, I mean looking looking at the landscape? You know what teams you can go to. You can take some of the pressure off of the quarterback, you know, so we don't have to drop back a hundred times the goddamn game. Because you have a quality running back you can hand it off to. He run through the tackles, he run on the outside he's decent catching.
Speaker 4: The ball out the backfield as well.
Speaker 5: Hell, maybe Houston, that's that's the right call, and long behold Joe. Twenty four hours later, he end up in Houston. Joe, absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 2: They need it. They need it young, because I don't think.
Speaker 1: O Joe, we talked about mixing and that injury. That didn't seem very positive that he was gonna have an opportunity to Demico. Didn't seem very positive about him being able to turn. This seemed like as a pretty serious injury because he missed. I think he missed the entire city.
Speaker 4: He did.
Speaker 5: M hm.
Speaker 1: An NFL team reportedly told Fernando Mendoza to get arrested so he slides in the draft and they can draft it. What, oh, Joe, what was the craziest thing you would ask doing it pre jaft.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's a great question. Golly, that's a great question, and it's it's a great question. It's one that I can't remember because I can't remember some of the questions I was asked that long ago. Oh my god, that's two that's two thousand. God damn, that's a great one.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't I don't think he even during my draft process, I think the craziest thing I might have been asked is why the hell did you bounce around to so many schools? That's that's that's about it. Nothing nothing personal. No one took any shots at me, you know, as far as for you know, character.
Speaker 4: Issues or but they thought it were character issues for me, bounced from the school to school. But it wasn't really, Joe. It wasn't really about me getting in trouble and just the fact that my grades were ridiculous.
Speaker 5: And obviously I had that one fight at Langston University where I got thrown out, But outside.
Speaker 4: Of that, it was nothing for him, just school.
Speaker 2: I told him.
Speaker 5: I told all scouts, I told all gms, like, listen, I just want to play football, man, I didn't. I didn't want to go to class. I didn't want to go to school. That wasn't my focus. And I felt I was good enough. I could skate by by being great at football and you know, put school last, right, I told, I told the truth.
Speaker 1: The Chiefs informed right tackle Juwan Taylor that he will be released before the start of the NFL's new year barn A trade. According to Adam Shefter, the move will save the Chiefs twenty million dollars against the salary cap and allowed them to be under the cap when the league's new year starts March eleventh. While Taylor was productive and past blocking, he struggled with penalties, committing forty nine penalties of forty excuse me, he committed forty nine, Oh Joe, forty one of them accepted in forty five games with the Chiefs, the most of any lineman during that time. No one is surprised by this move. We knew he was gonna be a candidate to be released or heavy restructured, a pay cut, reduced salary.
Speaker 2: So I don't think anybody is surprised by this movie.
Speaker 5: Not not with the belief, not with the way he played, especially last year. I mean that many penalties always costing your team. He put them in in very bad situations consistently, you know, throughout the season. So I know they're looking forward to probably drafting somebody. I'm not sure they're gonna move somebody else to the right tackle position.
Speaker 2: Well, I think they're gonna move.
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna move somebody because you remember Simmons that they took with the Ohio State kid who played really well and then he had some personal issues that he had to get resolved. He's gonna go to left tackle, and they had a guy at left tackle when Simmons were out.
Speaker 2: I think they're gonna bump right right tackle.
Speaker 4: But he was bad.
Speaker 1: And so you know, obviously Tray Smith, who's a paradial law pro, he'll be back at right guard. Creed humphingty w Creed Humphrey, who's one of the premier centers in all of football. He's back the man down the center. I don't know who they're gonna have it left guard, but I think they you know, they need a running back. They need a running back, and they need some wide receivers. And there the one thing. Look, if we do know, if love is there, they're taking love. You just got to hope somebody don't zoom up past and take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, but yeah, they they got some they got some issues and hopefully my home is on track to be able to go.
Speaker 2: Uh. They might put him on the pup list.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He starts the season and he missed the first four games of the season. But we'll see how that plays out. All right, Oh, your joint's time to play a favorites by prize picks. Hey, we've been hitting on this name. Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: K Cunningham nine point five assists, Joe hold On on who they playing Cleveland first, that's that's in Detroit. Yep, yeah, yeah, he gonna get that. Okay, we're going more. Carking Nipple two and a half threes at Dallas. I don't get what they play. You can ring him up that boy that on five. Uh Stefan Castle two point five turnovers they play.
Speaker 2: Philly, Philly comes to them two point five turnovers.
Speaker 3: So he gotta get what three he can't get three?
Speaker 1: He handled the ball a lot, he does. Yeah, he's gonna have he's gonna have left. You believe he'll have three or you believe he'll have two. I think I think he'll I got him the less I got. I don't think he'll have three. He may get two. I don't think he don't have three. Victor when Ben Yama will have more than three and a half blocks, I mean he'll have four, because they ain't know where you're gonna have for anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think he's gonna have four.
Speaker 1: So we're going more, yeah, more, less more, Yeah, okay, twenty five dollars to win a buck fifty downloaded after they use coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup prispects good to be right. All right, it's time for our final segment in the Evening's time for q A.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know what you know, I forgot to tell you Uncle Joe. You know I was down there in Houston, right, yeah, I gotta ask. I'm talking about to ask.
Speaker 4: From way I'm talking about way way way back y.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Twitter, that's the only eggs I know Twitter.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, oh, oh you about you talk about Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm in two thousand from two thousand and eight.
Speaker 5: You know, I was out with Andre Johnson, right, and she had the nerve, you know, to come up to me and say, oh, I see you still the cheapest man in the world.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: You know what I told him, I ain't buying it.
Speaker 2: What you wanted to drink. Yeah, no, man.
Speaker 5: Man, stop playing with me. Man, get up out my face, man, right, like, come on, man. We talked about it's been what ten fifteen years.
Speaker 2: She thought things had changed.
Speaker 4: Ain't nothing changed?
Speaker 2: I stay.
Speaker 4: I'm still tight with the park is still tight.
Speaker 1: You've you you've you've never bought an extra drink?
Speaker 4: No, I mean one once, one once things once that you know one yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean if I'm with you, I ain't even I ain't really spending like that. So if you're gone, you definitely ain't get nothing.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying you would buy a drink. I mean, you go out with you lady, you say I want to drink. If camp Body say nah mm hmm, so you ain't buying camp body, she can get the whole bar.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But I mean, we we we we we won. We's a union. But I ain't seeing you and damn near ten plus years.
Speaker 2: That's what I've said.
Speaker 1: I say, you buy your girl, if you was your late your lady, you'll buy her a drink.
Speaker 4: You're just not buying Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I won't play that.
Speaker 5: Okay to me, that's light lightweight disrespect. But then then how you are you still the cheapest man in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ain't nothing changed?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, filthy magnasty for I sold what was your I'm here moment in the NBA. What did you want to play? Who did you want to play with but never had a chance to do? You believe d C will ever be a threat in the East? Much love to all. No, the last one, No, the Wizard's not gonna be no threat. Go ahead, they not gonna be no threat. But to be honest with y'all, man, I got a chance to play with. I got a chance to play against pretty much all my idols that I grew up watching and and and admiring their games, whether it was Jordan, whether it was Penny. I played with Penny Hardaway for two years with Phoenix.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I played with Tracy McGrady for a year. He came to Atlanta. He played with us here in Atlanta. Uh you know, uh, I mean those guys were everything to me growing up, them big tall guards like so just getting a chance to compete, getting a chance to get some wisdom from them, you know. I hung out with Penny when we played in Phoenix, Like, go over there. He had a big old house in Scottsdale, Uncle Joe, about about ten million now I'm talking about It's just it's just him living in that he he he had kids, at the time, but they weren't living living with him, and that man lived in a ten million dollars house by himself. Man, we should invite I had, uh, I had my partners. Who should live with me? He used to invite us over to watch the games. He had a chef, the whole nine. Man I had. My career was great. Man, Hey, the NBA don't owe me nothing, you know what, Joe, nothing, I think about it.
Speaker 1: I forgot Anthony Davis got traded to the Wizards also so him and Trade might be able to do something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I forgot a d was it was in the Wizards.
Speaker 3: Well, well, now you know, it just depends on what his mind what ad mindset gonna be like coming back, you know, hopefully through everything he's been through, you know, coming to Dallas, coming to camp overweight, you know, getting it, regulating their weight, getting his weight right, and coming into camp ready to play.
Speaker 2: Man if if.
Speaker 3: Because I think Tray gonna be ready. I think it's gonna be up to a d and what he's capable of doing. But they got some great pieces. Man, they got a chance to be specially, you know, to have a quick turnaround.
Speaker 2: But it's gonna be depending on their key players.
Speaker 4: Hey and Joe. Yeah, y'all didn't even get that last one. You know that was a joke, right, what joke?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my girlfriend said I'm the cheapest man in the world.
Speaker 4: What did I say? Shit, I ain't buying it. You don't get it.
Speaker 2: You said an ex.
Speaker 5: Same thing. I ain't buying it. I got I got one more good. I got more good, but not yet, not yet.
Speaker 1: We get towards Jay nineteen eighty four, our UNKYO. What was the hardest thing to remember in the NFL playbook and what was you'all favorite play to run?
Speaker 4: I mean you yours with verbage? Huh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean for me. For me, it was pretty easy for me.
Speaker 5: Obviously in Cincinnati all those years we had the number system, so the number system was was pretty much easy and my favorite oute to run.
Speaker 4: It really didn't matter what was call.
Speaker 5: I prefer people play man and man, they play press or sometimes double team, because Carson and I we'd always check to check to a check to a seven route, whether where they're playing two man or whether they just playing cover two. In general, I always had a way to beat that coverage.
Speaker 4: Obviously, a man and man trying to think.
Speaker 5: I mean that the routes were so I mean, the route combination was so simple. I right, I righte uh six I write five five five.
Speaker 4: It's so easy, so easy.
Speaker 2: It's easy if you've been doing it your whole life.
Speaker 1: Yes, because the thing is with the playbook is that they install, you go practice that, and then you don't go back over what they install member, and then you on to the next day installed, and then you're on to the next day installed, and then you on to the next day.
Speaker 2: So if you behind, it's so hard to epic. That was the hardest thing, Like you know, you had been in the system. I mean the plays that you have run in college.
Speaker 1: I run those plays because I had the same coach in four years, so I didn't have to ever learn a new system.
Speaker 2: And then you get there and everything.
Speaker 1: The hardest part was it was backwards two four six eight from the time you was this big was to the right. Yeah, well in Denver two four six eight was to the left. O Joe one three five seven was to the right. So they so they say, you know a fifteen you going to the left, No, you to the right? When since when is fifteen to even number even to the right or to the left.
Speaker 2: Shannon, are you paying attention?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 2: I know y'all fed up this triple X cop sanity.
Speaker 1: Every time I SOO is on, it's welcome to Nightcap feature un O, Joe and still see there you go?
Speaker 3: Hey man, can y'all stop acting like that.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, they getting carried away with it now, Joe.
Speaker 3: Man, their eyes are not deceiving them. They know what they've seen. Okay, what'll want to be?
Speaker 4: I mean that was that was two weeks ago, Joe. That was two week That was took.
Speaker 2: That's all they got to go on for all right?
Speaker 1: Uh terres g start bench trade, Bo Jackson, Earl Campbell, O J.
Speaker 2: Simpson.
Speaker 1: Dang, Look, we know what what OJ was accused of and all that over the stuff. But the football player, everybody wanted to If you grew up in the seventies and you played running back thirty two, you wanted to be. Now, I ain't tell you what somebody. I ain't telling you what somebody told me.
Speaker 2: I tell you what.
Speaker 1: Everybody wanted to be him the juice, and he was the first black had major commercials in movies. Movies, he had hurt, he had car commercials, he had the orange.
Speaker 4: It was him.
Speaker 1: I would I would start me. I'm starting o J. I'm a bench. Oh damn, I don't want to. I don't want to get.
Speaker 2: Rid of or.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to because I know you ain't from the bench. Uh both no cut cutbowl cut cut both.
Speaker 2: No, you gotta start bench.
Speaker 4: Trade trade cut same thing.
Speaker 1: Mh you're gonna trade her. You're gonna trade her. Yeah, y'all don't see y'all too young to remember early remember Earl the Tyler Rose.
Speaker 4: Both which which Earl and he with the oiler with.
Speaker 1: Yes Love You Blue, the nineteen seventy seven Heisman Trophy winner. He goes to Houston and he's a three times Oh Joe, he's a three time Offensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 2: He all they had, well, it.
Speaker 1: Had Uh they had Ken Burroughs double zero. I think they had Mike Mike Renfrow.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think who was the damn damn.
Speaker 1: He got a nice defense too. They had a doctor doone Elvin Curly cup to start, I'm gonna start, o J. I'm a trade.
Speaker 2: Come on, now, come on now, Well they shouldn't even.
Speaker 4: Take this long it does.
Speaker 2: Yes, it does.
Speaker 1: Look I only got you only got first of all, you only got two years of both in the NFL.
Speaker 2: What the hell y'all talking about?
Speaker 4: I mean, we're talking about bowl.
Speaker 2: Y'all better go back, y'all better go back. See her?
Speaker 5: I see him in the powder blue oiler jersey with the white helmet, running, running through people's chests.
Speaker 4: I remember jersey towing off. Still move yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's tough. Nah. I'm I'm I'm I'm a bench bowl and I'm a trade earl. That's what it.
Speaker 4: There you go, there, you go, but.
Speaker 2: Wine Pala Fox nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Oh your what are your three favorite quotes by uh that you've written down?
Speaker 4: I don't got I don't got my pad in front of me, Now.
Speaker 1: Bring the pad on Wednesday, Uncle Mike nineteen hey eight. One time for the night Cap Squad show held me up in some dark days? Which state has produced the best football players?
Speaker 2: Texas? Cali of Florida in Texas, gotta be Florida and Texas. Hey, y'all be sleeping on Georgia. Now Georgia got y'all?
Speaker 1: Damn Texas and Florida. Where's warm at wherever's warm at. If you want to look at the best players, go where it's warm.
Speaker 4: Hey, California got some dogs too.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's matt At twenty two fifteen.
Speaker 1: All hell King, I so hello, hello the old Choe for calling the trade destination for Deebo yesterday. Fellas, Are y'all going to any World Cup group matches?
Speaker 2: Oa? You go.
Speaker 4: I'm going to as many as many as I can.
Speaker 1: Hit Kitty Fresh. Hey, oh Joe, I so have y'all watched every day? I am, I've watched y'all every day. I would like to shout out to my fiance Brish. She has successful surgery to get a defibrillator in her chest.
Speaker 2: Breach. I think of that. I think it's Briscy Brishie.
Speaker 1: Uh, your fiance wants to say tell you how proud he is of you and how thankful he is for you. And uh here at Nightcap, O, Joe and I and the entire Nightcap family want to wish you spready recovery. We know you're going to do just great and congratulations on everything.
Speaker 2: Guys. Look forward to seeing you. Guys walk down the aisle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wrestle, I win, O Joe act like a grandma when you're on the phone when it's lighting with that nightcap.
Speaker 4: So mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Uh Bobby's world. Let's do a nightcap, n C a bracket. We're gonna get something autographed from the Big Three.
Speaker 2: O Yoe, what you think? What you think of Joe? Yeah, y'all gonna lose that one.
Speaker 4: Don't do that, Joe.
Speaker 2: There you go, There you go, Joe. I'm just keeping it real.
Speaker 3: I mean, no, you're not keeping the reel gonna pick mascots cause he ain't gonna know.
Speaker 2: Them.
Speaker 1: Being said, if Math ain't math it, well, the person would be me. Yeah, man, me and Math. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: They start talking about the pie rude and you got five different ways you could solve a problem. Nah, Alan fletch Ocho enrolling fam you and let me do your school work.
Speaker 4: How much you're charging, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna try a few grand o Jo. Don't you want to do the own work? Yeah, I'm gonna do.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do it myself.
Speaker 5: I don't really need no help because I mean, whoever it is, they ain't gonna be smarter than me, no way.
Speaker 2: Big Mike.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, can you explain with Tyson fault Andrew Glatta why he just walked out of the ring, Maddie Andrew gallauda so hard.
Speaker 2: Andrew side, we're trying to get him.
Speaker 1: Go back here there, many'll y'all go in there and take them leader and saying what I'm done with this man. That man ain't gonna fight, Let me go. Rorie underscored two ads. Thanks for the free enter table, uh uh and capalot uh Oh, Joe keeping the buck with all the money the Cowboys gotten for agencies. Uh, all the money the Cowboys got free. They're gonna need all defensive players they can get. Yeah, you're right, Yes, the corner they need a stud. They need a stud ass a middle backer, somebody who can who can, who can break it?
Speaker 2: Needs somebody gonna go get that the quarter.
Speaker 4: Hey, Joe, I know that's your team, right Joe, But if you look at.
Speaker 5: It, if you look at what Jerry Jones has always done every off season, when does he ever spend in free agency?
Speaker 4: When does he ever make a big splash?
Speaker 5: He say this, You're gonna be different, Joe. Jerry never spends in free agency. Jerry never makes a splash. He makes a splash with his own players, and he waits until the last minute to make that splash. But he's just never done it in going to acquire someone from the outside and free agency and brings them in that could make a huge difference, and this would be the year.
Speaker 4: To do it. Now.
Speaker 5: He always says a lot of things that he's going to do, but he never fulfills him.
Speaker 1: He spent early. You know, he went got at O. You remember, Oh Joe, he gave her two first riders to get Joey Galloway. I think the thing is is that he's kind of been burnt with some of the free agencies that he's gone is not it's who you're getting free agency, right, and so he's kind of missed and it's kind of got him gunshot. So he's kind of heasited right now. But I'm gonna take it by his word on Joe and now I know who.
Speaker 4: I know who he's going to get then, and that's the case.
Speaker 1: Righter's Cato, Louisiana got some dogs too. Now they do they do? They do? I mean basically it's it's it's Florida, Georgia, Texas, Cali, Louisiana. Then you probably go with Ohio. I would say that Ohio normally have line with we the Southern states normally have the speed guys wide receivers running back then uh Texas quarterbacks, Cali quarterbacks. Because you know you got two guys. You got Stroud and you got Bryce Young and you got Jade Daniels. So that concludes this episode of Nightcap. I wanna thank you guys for tuning in and joining us. We greatly greatly appreciate that. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite up. That is my partner and co host, Liberty City's own Bingo Great Chad O Cho Senko Johnson and the universe of Arkansas Love Arkansas, little rock native, a seven time NBA All Star with the Atlanta Hawks. I sold Joe Johnks, So thanks for jumping on with us tonight. We appreciate that. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you hit that subscribe, but please make sure you hit the like button to do it's a favorite. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 2: You got something you want to say?
Speaker 4: Hey Joe, Well got my joke? You ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey Joe? What generation? As far as Gump.
Speaker 3: What generation is Forrest Gump. Oh my goodness, I know it's Bubba Gump.
Speaker 4: Nope, don't Joe. You got something?
Speaker 2: Did you get the generation?
Speaker 5: As far as dump is Jenny, remember as far as the girl name was Jenny?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button. Do us a favorite, Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you again for your support and you'll continue support those looking to take to get a bottle of Shade by La Portier hit up to the Portier dot com and you can't find it any state or city near you. It is the best taste in premium vessel peek kangnac on the market. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. And thank you guys for tuning in to the Nightcap Discord. We've launched that it is pinned in the chat. Make sure you go over there and check it out and leave us some comments and let us know how we can improve the show. I'm up, he's old Joe, He's ay soo. We're off tomorrow. We'll see you back on Wednesday. Thank you guys for joining us.