Speaker 1: They get broadcasting live from Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 2: Walking to the ball Alert show. I go by the name of Ferrari Simmons. Are you know BT is out being famous with by Wow in New York?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: I got the building? What's up? My brother? My brother? Always a pleasure to see you real.
Speaker 1: Now, you know, we had, I say, don't care. We had a scheduling conflict.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, a little bit, but we had to make sure a little Hollywood shake going on. No, no, but I saw you them fishes you were walking with.
Speaker 1: What kind of fish?
Speaker 3: Were those goldfish? They like the rarest form of a goldfish.
Speaker 1: How much were it was? East goldfish?
Speaker 3: Twelve hundred?
Speaker 4: Man, I got this crazy new addiction of like exotic fish.
Speaker 3: Like this election is crazy.
Speaker 2: I've been telling my wife and I said, I want a fish tank, but I want a salt water fish tank. But I know I gotta be able to keep up with and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: My regam nation.
Speaker 4: Honestly, get your fresh water one fresh as I did. Like I started off like with fresh water. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I got like eight tanks in my property.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Yeah, dude, I got like so fish Okay, So do you have a favorite fish fish?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yea yeah, probably be my fly river turtle. It's like a turtle got to come up.
Speaker 1: How big does the turtle get?
Speaker 3: It gets big? Man, Oh wow, like real big.
Speaker 1: So you have something large enough for the turtle to go in there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, live his life? Yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah man, it's nice to have.
Speaker 1: Some rich friends. Okay, project out now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, out now for sure, mud mud excited.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. What's your favorite record on that?
Speaker 3: Man? Right now?
Speaker 4: Like I go in and out because sometimes I feel like I consider myself the wokens nigga outside you know what I'm saying. Because I like records that like have a have a message, which is most of my project, you know, people feeling. But then I have records that like, you know, just make me you don't want to have fun, have a good time.
Speaker 3: But right now, my favorite record is Believe. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's like a record basically like based on like you know, you gotta believe in yourself before anybody, do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: And like that's just crazy.
Speaker 2: Now that reel was fire with Kevin Gates was just talking off camera he gave you a Kevin Gates versus like I'm talking Kevin Gate.
Speaker 3: You know, like sometimes like you get features.
Speaker 4: All the features on my project are blessings, but sometimes you might get a feature and it just it just might just just throw.
Speaker 3: Away versus what it's supposed to do. Don't do what it's supposed to do.
Speaker 4: Man, So it's a rare thing for like somebody like Gates to show so much love like it was he did a real he.
Speaker 2: Was really like you gotta really be tapped in with him for him to rock with you like that too, Like yeah, I kind of know he kind.
Speaker 1: Of go off. He don't go off.
Speaker 4: It ain't money, it ain't not it's just love, you know what I'm saying. Like literally, like I hate Kris Shana because I know Kris Shan is like super close to him, and like I hate Kashana. I'm like, man, it's only one person I want on this remix because like it was doing so well by itself and there's only one, the real, the original real. Yeah, And I said to the Christian, I swear dude, Gates sent that verse back.
Speaker 3: To me in like thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Bro Fire, He's just happy to be in the studio. He felt the vibe knocked it out.
Speaker 3: And he smacked it. He gave me something for real, for sure, for real.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, look, I was talking about you to my partners. Man, you know, big time songwriter like yourself in your artist vibe, Yo, what do you enjoy more?
Speaker 4: Man, it's tough because, like, honestly, like I love like expressing myself like through my music as an artist because I get to talk about.
Speaker 3: More personal things to me.
Speaker 4: Whereas like songwriting, there's part of me like like there's a super like urban side of me, you know what I'm saying. And then there's a super R and B side of me. There's a super pop side of me, you know what I'm saying. Like there's an emo side of me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: My question to you is when you're tapping into your artist bag. Sometimes I know you hear a song, you be like this five, I need to get it. It's such and such, But man, I need to keep it. What determines you keeping it versus giving it to somebody?
Speaker 3: Man, it's a struggle.
Speaker 1: I just need to go to Chris Brown. But then you be like, I need to keep this.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just like very sometimes because like I said, like when I'm writing records for myself, it really be for myself, Like it might be like about some personal shit about like my like upbringing and shit like that, so it's impossible to let those go. So like I'm like, I'm a real like chameleon when it comes to like songwriting, so.
Speaker 1: Like which is a talent of itself for sure.
Speaker 4: Like so when I'm writing for an artist, like if I'm writing for Cardi, like it's ool.
Speaker 1: So what you say what you're writing for If I'm writing.
Speaker 4: For Cardi, like, it's it's for Carti, it ain't for me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So it don't all run into those too.
Speaker 4: Many often, And then I honestly feel like I don't get to attest to a song enough to be like, so yeah, I really don't have a fear of not being being able to write a hit. I'd have done it so many times. It's like I'm not like, man, I might not be able to write another song. A lot of times people want to hold on the sun because they might feel like they can't do it again.
Speaker 2: But predental, So I was talking to my partners we was talking about. I just feel like in our community, we're the only community that hate on each.
Speaker 1: Other when we get old.
Speaker 2: For sure, when I see in other ethnicities when artists get old, they still be rocking out, still going on the road, it's almost like a yay, you know what I'm saying, Like he's.
Speaker 1: Even more a lore at this particular moment.
Speaker 2: Why do you think that in our competition, it's almost like you got to stay as young as possible.
Speaker 1: Man, can't get old.
Speaker 4: Man, Honestly, I just feel like we not even just on getting old or get I just feel like we gatekeep a lot, you know, against each other, Like we were so pent against each other in competition. I don't know, Like it's a weird thing that we have in our culture that I feel like only the big dogs.
Speaker 3: Can be able to change, you know what I'm saying, And that that's just the way it is. It sucked though.
Speaker 2: For someone that is coming in the game, like how you did songwriting? Yeah, what's some advice you would give a young songwriter that's kind of discouraged at the moment.
Speaker 4: Man, you gotta work through it, Like you know what I'm saying, It was man, it was times where I had the number one record in the world and shit, I don't get paid for that record for nine months. So you know what I'm saying, You gotta work through the struggle. You gotta work through those times where you feel like it's I feel like it's like to have ups and downs as a songwriter. It's a benefit because it's like people have ups and downs, So music needs to have ups and downs. Like sometimes I just want to listen to Sha just when I'm just in a mood, you know what I'm saying. But sometimes I might want to listen to Travis Scott, you know what I'm saying. So it's like different energies for different things. So as a songwriter, man, just keep creating, man, even when you you know, down on your dick, you don't feel like it, like, keep creating.
Speaker 1: Okay, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Now on the flip side, it's time for you got me fucked, Dug. What are some things that get on your nerves? Like David, it was on the show you said he hate FaceTime, Pretty V said she hate what someone called her back to back to back to back. What is something that gets on Ivery Scott's last damn nerve man.
Speaker 4: I hate when I hate when people listen to like demos or music like either like this out the out their phone or like in the worst conditions, because it's like, we bust our eyes to make this music high quality.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We spend top dollar to make sure our music is on a quality level.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like, so you gotta respect what is that to listen to? Get some headphones? Man, get some headphones.
Speaker 2: Okay, say let's say let's you know that grinds your gears though for sure? Okay, all right, well listen, man, project out right now, give me some shout outs.
Speaker 4: My brother man shout out to everybody to help me with this project.
Speaker 3: My brother hit Maker, executive producer, Hey, hit make it.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: He was talking about you to last our last baller word. That's my brother, high praises man.
Speaker 4: That's my brother for real, for he helped me out in so many different ways.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: When I first my first session with hit, I had no placements. Mike Hearn called me, called up, put me in hit make on texts and he was just like hit making me ivory scoy guaranteed magic I went to the studio that night with him, had no placements. Gee walked in there. We did ten songs that night. I think I walked out of that session with like two placements my first like couple vibes. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If you don't mind, get you name the two.
Speaker 4: That one was with LaToya Rick Ross, Rick Ross, and then another one was Ariana Grande. So bless Bro for real, honestly, you know what I'm saying. So Bro I always been you know what I'm saying. He always been championing me. He really was like one of the people that was like, man, look you need to do your artist thing, you know what I'm saying, Because like I was winning so much and still am like winning so much as a songwriter that I ain't really wasn't really like overmotivated to be an artist just because I know what it entails. You know how deep people get into your life and stuff like that. And I enjoyed going in the walmart, you know what I'm saying on the late nights. But he was one of the artists and you know people and producers that were just really like, man, you need to pop out as an artist. You know what I'm saying. You gotta do it because.
Speaker 2: I like the music too, though, Bro, I appreciate you got you have a very dope sound good. I appreciate the variety, Army Swiss knife type top. I appreciate that big fan. And we gotta get you back on that bowling too, bro, because man, we're gonna running back this year.
Speaker 3: I was terrible.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, get your practice on November.
Speaker 4: Honestly, man, I've been I've been working on my property. I got a property out here in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: So you say you can put bowl at least two lane.
Speaker 3: So okay, get ready, bro, No, I'll be ready. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna draft you on Team Ferrari. You was on Louis v Team last time.
Speaker 3: Man, you know what I'm saying, Louis, it might be hard. Okay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But well you know I'm I'm the returning champion, so you might want to get on the winning team.
Speaker 3: Said repeat three peat, hold up the trophy again. Okay, all right?
Speaker 1: Oh, so anyone shout out to my brother.
Speaker 4: Man, shout out to everybody on the project, my brother too, change, my sister tink.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Queen, you've.
Speaker 2: Seen all these You've seen all these features to change Tink Kevin blew my brother like because all badest right, baddest ye bad Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm blessed, bro.
Speaker 1: I go ball alert