Speaker 1: Scrubbing in with Bec Tilly and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello, everybody, we are scrubbing in roub dub dub. Tony's having some technology malfunctions. I gotta get her ring lights up.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I have a second one. Do you want it today?
Speaker 2: It's okay? Oh wow, it'sick Monday.
Speaker 3: Do we like that light?
Speaker 2: You don't have to use it? Nice? Yeah, that's me on tongue's level today. Baby, No, that's perfect. Okay, great a return from Grease Lolla palooza. It's about sums up. How how I'm feeling this morning?
Speaker 1: Same girl? Same? I think I left. I think I left Grease full twenty four hours ago, like it. I don't even I don't even know what.
Speaker 2: Day it is. I know what day it is, Monday? Yeah, what day? Did you get home? Saturday or Sunday? I left Saturday, but didn't you come? Didn't you get back Saturday?
Speaker 1: Sunday?
Speaker 2: Interesting? Yeah, you're probably not feeling great.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not feeling myself.
Speaker 2: But you have more energy than you do sometimes when you don't go to Greece.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird. I'm like so my circadian rhythm is off circadian rhythm.
Speaker 2: A circadium circadian circadian?
Speaker 1: What is kadian? I think it might be right circadian.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna say something about sarcasm.
Speaker 1: No, my circa circadian rhythm, circadian rhythm. My circadian rhythm is off, but it weirdly gives you that energy, like I popped up. I went to sleep last night like seven thirty and I woke up at six and my ar ring said, I slept almost ten hours. So oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you'll probably crash at some point today, Like you're in a high right, I'm not a high right right? Coffee and she's back on coffee? Did we ever know? So you're back on coffee.
Speaker 1: I've been back on coffee for a while.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, girl, all right, Just so in case people missed out on.
Speaker 1: That, that was the Hashimoto phase.
Speaker 2: What do we call that? The fixation?
Speaker 1: Yes, that was the fixation of sorts.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you you reverse your Hashy motives and then you're like, I'm back on I'm back on the juice.
Speaker 1: Back on the juice. Yeah, there's only so much that I can stay without. That was one that was very hard for me in that moment. The gluten not so much. Everything else was like not so bad, but the coffee was very hard for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, caffeine's crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what I tried in Greece? What I tried a bottled coca cola rice? Yeah?
Speaker 2: How was it delicious?
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 3: I saw your video. I have a I have a thing to say. What it looked like you had one of those little mini bottles. Was a full size size from Mexico.
Speaker 2: From grease, It wasn't a Mexican color.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the Mexican coke is different because it is a real sugar.
Speaker 1: Oh what do they use in Greece.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I'll look it up. It might be Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, Europe has regulations and stuff, oh have with like sodaes.
Speaker 3: It's probably fine. I just I just wanted to make sure you got the real lie.
Speaker 1: I was like, I told Robby, I go, the one thing I want to do on this trip is I really want to try bottled glass bottled coca cola, because you, Paulina and Raquel all love a glass bottled coca cola over rice. So I waited to the perfect day where I was like scorching hot. It was so hot. I was like, I felt like I was delirious because it was I was so hot. I was like, I'm going to order this iced coke today. And it didn't hit quite like I wanted it to.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. Yeah, you know you can do that here in the States. We have glass bottle cokes.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll try it here one day.
Speaker 2: I would say, if you're like scorching hot and like uncomfortable, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, you wouldn't recommend if you're.
Speaker 2: Not a soda drinker. I don't know if that's when it would hit. Yeah, we'll find the right time. Okay, Yeah, we'll do it together.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'll make you the marshmallow fluff. Have you seen those? Yeah? I saw you do it. Yeah yeah yeah, yeah, we'll try that. Okay, yeah great, that feels fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah okay.
Speaker 2: So rewind. You went to Greece last time we talked to you. It was two days before three days. We were undecided. Yeah, it was between Greece and Hawaii. You went with Greece.
Speaker 1: We chose Greece.
Speaker 2: What was the deciding factor?
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny. So I was getting my hair done actually, and I was with Tawny and we were like that was so when we're deciding which place to go, and she was like, I actually have a client that can book you a trip so quick. This is what she does for a living. So she connected me with her, and she was like, I could do either, but why not why not do Greece? You know what I mean, Like, just do it, I can, we can figure it out. So we just did it. Her name is Sinnem and actually all of her employees are women, like the little like yeah, modern woman Energy company, and so Tony connected me to her that day and so that's kind of what we were like, you know what, it's going to be a wild year and let's just go ball to the walls.
Speaker 2: I love that. And we did, you know what, literal balls to the correct of Greece. Yeah, and I'm very happy that we did it. It looked from from an Instagram standpoint, it looked perfect.
Speaker 1: It was perfect. It was actually perfect.
Speaker 2: I'm like, did anything negative happen on this strip? Oh?
Speaker 1: Well no, we did. There was like actually it was really crazy because we had lunch reservations at this one restaurant and they apparently had been shut down for two days because they like didn't report money or something like that the government, and so they basically just bumped everybody a day later for the reservations. So we showed up for our reservation or whatever. It was still close and they're like, oh, we'll be up in an hour. We show, we go and get a drink next door, and they still hadn't. Then we came back and it was fully packed, like there wasn't a seat in the house. We're like, how did this happen in forty five minutes? And the guy was just like so not nice, like it was like the that was the one literally the only negative thing. But Rob and I did not even we did not let it affect us. We waited for ten minutes and we were like the vibes in here are so negative and we were like we just don't even want to do that. So we found a really beach club next door and spent like the whole day there drinking, taking uzo shots with like at this guy on the beach and just had a really good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you can't be waiting around for a fraudulent business.
Speaker 1: No, right, and like not even nice, Like I'm like I understand if there's like a lot of care it's the way you handle situations, in my opinion, And he was just so rude, Like if it were me, I would be so apologetic and like look people in the eye. And he was just like it was so crazy, he's.
Speaker 2: Just not having a good day. Yeah, we won't let we won't let that define his character. But it didn't need to bring you all down.
Speaker 1: No, And we didn't let it bring us down. And we're like, vibes in here are not high because everybody you could tell you just look around, everybody's arms across like angry. And I was like, this is not the vibe.
Speaker 2: That is not the sunshine mine new new news.
Speaker 1: So we picked up our little rear ends and walked right on over next door and it was amazing. Okay, great, Yeah, ten out of ten highly recommend We were a meekonos. Yeah the whole time, the whole time.
Speaker 2: And what was it? Was it crowded? Was it hot? What was it? What was it?
Speaker 1: It was hot? So hot, like it was like the perfect weather. But it was really funny because I kept seeing all these So we went out to lunch one day and.
Speaker 2: I spot tinks double sighting. Wow, Like, what is the of all the people that are in like the social media just in your world, right, that you were into Tinks and Meekaness.
Speaker 1: Literally so funny. It's like Clocker and I'm talking and I was like, should I go say hi to her? And Rob was like, yeah, of course you have to. Was like, I don't know. This feels dicey. It really could go either way, right, So then I texted you and Sam and was like, is she going to come on the podcast? I need to know if she's aware of who I am, because I cannot handle that again.
Speaker 2: Second, I do think we have a lot of people who come into our podcast and have no idea who we are. I know, I know.
Speaker 1: But the fact that I've already gone up to her, you know what I mean and.
Speaker 2: Talked about that experience correct, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Was like I just can't do that again. And so I ended up going over to her, got up the courage, a little liquid courage, and she was like, hey, babe. I was like, oh, this is what I was hoping for, the like BFF, the little emoji collective. Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. And I was like I think we're trying to get you on the pod. She was like yeah. And then that was a very brief interaction. She was on her way out. Yeah yeah, yeah, great, but I left feeling rejuvenated.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I just am excited we are having her on. By the way we have I think we have a date locked in. But I'm just excited to rehash these interactions that you had.
Speaker 3: Can't wait to get her perspective on this.
Speaker 1: Me too, I know. And she was actually not drinking that day at that place because she had been hung over from like the night before or whatever. She was like sticks over and I'd probably run after her. I was like thanks, because it was kind of like my first official day there, right, so I was jet lagged and like drunk. Yeah, yeah, all the things, all the things.
Speaker 2: Did you see Alex Earl was also there?
Speaker 1: Yes, you told me that I did try to look. I was aware. Yeah yeah. And then I saw Chris and Cavalieri was there. Yeah, and I actually invited her to get lunch with us. Yeah, she was going to she was moving hotels that day.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know she with her boyfriend, yeah, Montana boy. Yeah, that would have been one I needed to know the tea on.
Speaker 1: I know, we did try to connect, I try we tried to kind of connect like twice, but are just the schedules just didn't really shifts in the night and yeah, yeah, I know, wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a Meccano summer. It was a party.
Speaker 1: Saw zac Efron was there, like I don't know. Yeah, it was weird.
Speaker 2: There was something scary in the news about him, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he like got an accident in a pool and Abiza Nebithatha, not Mecas no, not making us Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, so y'all how was the flight?
Speaker 1: Okay, so it was a long flight. We flew from LA to Atlanta, Atlanta to Athens, Athens to mikon Nos. Yeah, she was grothy.
Speaker 2: There's no direct from LA to Athens.
Speaker 1: No, oh no, not to Athens, but there's like a direct to pair you know, there's like direct other.
Speaker 2: Places to Europe. Yeah, orect.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you guys, I need to find a Let me ask Robbie to send me a picture of this thing. So he bought me this a long time ago. So I'm the type of person where like when you're flying on an airplane and I put the the trade table down and I can put my hands on it, and that's how I sleep. Wow out that I prefer that to just like sitting back with like a neck pillow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So years ago, Robbie bought me this contraption on Amazon. You blow it up in the.
Speaker 2: You put your head in and.
Speaker 1: Then you put your arms through. And he bought this years ago, and he's like, I think you should bring it on the flight because we were going to take like our flight from Atlanta to Athens was like nine hours or something. He's like, we should really sleep on it. And so I was like, okay, sure, why not, I'll bring it. Let me tell you that thing was game changing.
Speaker 2: I bet it looks so comfortable, but was it embarrassing? Up?
Speaker 1: I made Robbie do it. I was like, I need you to blow this up. And I had to like apologize to the people around me. I was like, this looks very big, but it's just gonna sit on my lap, so I don't worry about me.
Speaker 2: What seat were you in? I was in the middle seat. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you it was the best. I don't know how much you paid for. I gotta I gotta get the pictures. Send me picks of me sleeping.
Speaker 2: I've seen it and I've been like I would sleep so well with that because I also I can't sleep sitting back right, but I also get uncomfortable leaning on the way on the tray tables.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you wake up in your neck and your back are like oh oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And if someone puts their seat back, you're literally yeah.
Speaker 1: So this is like you're condensed into your own little it's just on your lap. I don't even have to put it on the trade table. It's high, so you're literally just like bending your head over and you put your arms through it. It's like you're hugging a pillow. It was so insanely amazing. I highly recommend. I'm gonna go rate and review it on Amazon so we can enjoy let them know.
Speaker 2: So let's put pictures up and everything.
Speaker 1: It was phenomenal.
Speaker 2: I'm honestly influenced because I thought my only thing is thinking about me blowing it up and the people around me. But I would definitely do like an aisle or window. I don't think I could do it in the middle scene.
Speaker 1: It was the big plane, so it was like the four in the middle. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Oh, so there was it was like Robbie, me, someone else, someone else, Okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But I explained. I was like, normally I'm a try sit on my tray table and put my head down, but now with this, I don't have to do that hurt my neck in my back, and they're like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure you got an extra one over there. I know you wish. And you said you were saying that Robbie has a theory that what seat you choose on a plane says a lot about the type of person you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm curious when you get on a like not a big plane, like a normal plane with the with the like three and three, if you had your choice easton which seat would you choose?
Speaker 3: Window always?
Speaker 1: Window always? Okay? I am too a window always? What would you choose?
Speaker 2: Window always? Oh?
Speaker 1: We're all window always? Okay, So I need to I'm the window person. Robbie needs the aisle. And he's convinced that window people prefer to inconvenience other people, and ile people prefer to be inconvenienced.
Speaker 2: Oh that's interesting. I just know that if I'm in the window that I'm not going to inconvenience anyone.
Speaker 1: And I'll hold you stay in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's usually my thing too, is like I'll just hold it and I'll be I'll just stay in the window because the last thing I want to do is get up for somebody else. That's probably big thing. Robbie loves to sit in the aisle. He's like because he has to get up to pee every however many seconds. So he's like, I would rather just have not have to inconvenience anyone else to get up, and I don't care getting up for anybody else.
Speaker 2: I was like, I think what he needs to admit is being self aware to know that he has a small, small bladder and he needs to wee wee a lot. And you don't think it's a theory, no, because I don't want to inconvenience anybody ever, Like, that's the last thing I live my life trying not to take it.
Speaker 1: You just get a UTI bladder infection. Hold it in the window.
Speaker 2: And you also need to be aware that you are susceptible to UTI is more than most people in the aisle. You would just hold your type should definitely be in the aisle.
Speaker 1: But I can't. I can't because nothing annoys me more than having to get up for somebody else.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, so this is this is the personality of it all. Your personality type is fine inconveniencing people because you don't want to be inconvenience, But you also have a lot of needs and sensitivity, so you know that to protect yourself, you're going to have to inconvenience other people. But you'd rather do that than be inconvenienced. Yeah, I'm more. I'm not going to inconvenience anyone.
Speaker 1: I will have a bladder eruption, so you just hold it.
Speaker 2: But I want to be on the window.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Interesting, So I don't know if that's accurate theory. What do you think.
Speaker 1: Else you're into my theory.
Speaker 3: I mean, I have a theory of my own. I don't think it's about inconveniencing people or being inconvenience.
Speaker 2: Is not an inconveniencer neither am I you will if it's protects your head, I do.
Speaker 3: I mean when I fly, I I never use the bathroom on the plane. I just go in my pants. Yeah time, Yeah, I just I And this is terrible, but like I will try to time my hydrations. I don't have to use because the idea of like squeezing by people and then maybe you have to wait in the line at the back. It just makes me too anxious. I don't like. I just don't want to deal with it. Allison is anile person because she has to use the bathroom a lot. And I'm a window person because I like to look out the window and I like to see things.
Speaker 1: I like to look out the window.
Speaker 3: You know, you this whole little raw dog and thing that's a raw dog in the flight. I raw dog the window all the time. Wow, I just stare at the window. I like. I fly a lot of Southwest flights. We don't have a little computer on there. I like to just look out the window and go, oh, I bet we're over Arizona right now.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay window. Yes, yes, I do like that too. But here's my thing. If they put me, like, if I don't choose my seat and they put me in an aisle seat, I'm fine with that. Like, I'm not like, but if I had my choice, I'd choose window. Haley's an aisle person because she peeys a lot. And so if I normal, like, give her the aisle and I'll take middle so that she can have the aisle because she peas a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was very funny on one of our flights. This guy was in the in the window and we were playing cards and we were in like a heavy duty round and I could feel his energy like he had I need to pee energy, and he kept waiting for our game to finish to like ask us.
Speaker 2: It was actually really cute.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I would be so so nervous if someone nice to me was in an intense.
Speaker 1: Card game and to get up right and intense, like if he wins, I'm like no, Like I'm like, yeah, my hands are going up and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Nor, guy, what is he? He's like an inconveniencer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't want to make this like two airport airplane heavy, but I do like, if you're in the middle seat, what's the arm rest etiquette?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Because I always figure if you're in the middle seat, you should get both. Yes. I flew recently and I was in the middle because I was late or something, and both people on either side we were using the armrest and I had to sit and I'm like, I'm not a really big guy, but like my arms are long. I just sit like this the whole time. That is so it sucks so bad, And I was like trying to like make it I didn't want to ask for the arm rest, but I was like, oh, that's just doing this, and they never never relinquished the arm rest.
Speaker 2: They don't make it easy because if you have so only if you have the window is that convenient because you can lean to the side and rest like on that side. But if you lean out on the aisle to the aisle side, you're at risk of getting hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, smashed actually.
Speaker 2: But normally, if I'm in the middle, if Haley's with me, I just lean on her. But if I am by myself in the middle and strangers, I'll just put my elbows there and if it'll like nudge them and I'll just be like.
Speaker 1: I've had a nudge a few people my day.
Speaker 2: It's just like, hey, I'll share it with them.
Speaker 1: I'll share it with them. If you're comfortable, then I'm fine too.
Speaker 2: If you if it's weird, do arrest your corner on there.
Speaker 1: I'll rest my corner. You want to go havevesis on this thing, I'll go halvesies on this thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they don't be making it cause I'll tell you that much. And once someone leaves the seatback, Wait, that's the last thing I'm gonna ask, are you a seat recliner?
Speaker 3: I have never reclined my seat.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not a seat reclined A controversial thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, you've never reclined your seat.
Speaker 1: Maybe if I'm like I just feeling forward, I lean more so, Yeah, girl.
Speaker 3: There was no one sitting behind me, and I'm like, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna recline the seat, and like I couldn't get it.
Speaker 1: To work, and like this, I don't find the benefit to me, it's like, doesn't recly. I mean, if I'm gonna recline, get me gonna go all the way back? Like to me, that little one inch is like.
Speaker 2: So I only recline if the person in front of me reclines. So I'll stay up right until the person in front of me because like once that space is taken, I'm like, all right, I.
Speaker 1: Think that I have like a thing against recliners because since I put my head on the head rest, yeah, when they recline, it squeezes my little head.
Speaker 2: You know. I always have to look back and make sure if it's someone like super tall or like that feels like they're already like, oh, do you know what.
Speaker 1: Else pisses me off. People that when they get up to go to the bathroom and they put their hands on your and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, whoa excuse me?
Speaker 1: Use your own your own that you can jiggle up. I'm sleeping over here.
Speaker 2: That is so true. People like all their way like shake it, shake it. Wow. I could write a whole write an essay about airport behavior. It is insane to me.
Speaker 1: Honestly, same, same, same, same. I had a woman and I don't know exactly what she was doing because she was speaking in French, but I swear she was giving a tutorial about turbulence to the woman next to her, like the woman behind us. She was so loud. Her voice was like she was in a gym and she was trying to compete against like basketball players.
Speaker 2: It was so this is an interesting take from someone who loves chatting on a plane.
Speaker 1: Shot all you want, but don't yell it like you're talking in a gymnasium full of athletes.
Speaker 2: I think when you're talking on a plane, it's really loud. So you don't think you're talking loud me, Well, no, no, I'm saying like I think when you talk on a in general, as a person, when you're talking on the plane because the white noise is so loud. You think that you're talking at a normal level, but you're yelling to everybody else.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it was. I was like, well, we're getting a dissertation on turbulence right now.
Speaker 2: Stand. Yeah, how did your disconnecting off your phone and stuff go? Uh?
Speaker 1: I think I did it for like two days. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Know you were silent and then all of a sudden it was just like that content.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there was so you know, I don't go to the bathroom off in I want to say, I pooped like twice the whole trip. I know how many days total? Seven? Wow, it's very bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's good.
Speaker 1: But I think like the traveling messes with my system, and then I need time to like settle in. And by the time we settled in, it was like time to go again. But Robbie has a very natural flow, if you will.
Speaker 2: He's ever messed up, No, no, never affected.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, I had time in my eves to play, to peruse my phone, so I would like upload. I didn't really like I wasn't on my phone during the day, but I would get on my phone like at night. But you know. What I realized is I think because it's not a job for me, Like social media is not a job for me. It's like extracurricular activity. So for me, it was fun. Like I wasn't checking my emails, I was off my emails. I didn't check any of that stuff. I didn't respond to work stuff. I just was like posting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it's about. If it's fun, it doesn't call stress.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I had zero stress.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, then no need to be present the content right exactly, Like what do you need to listen to him poop?
Speaker 1: No, no, exactly, or.
Speaker 2: You could read a book, but we you know, that's that's we got to make sure it's the right length.
Speaker 1: I actually brought a book, and Robbie bought me a book before we left. He brought me this book on like Cleopatra.
Speaker 2: Cool, there's the homework, bro Yeah, Like are we writing a.
Speaker 1: Report like an inspirational like female story?
Speaker 2: Oh oh I see yeah yeah yeah, but I left that in the States.
Speaker 4: You and you said I'm not even bringing no, I forgot it, no, mother, but you're quite the Reid Smith read Smith Wordsmith Smith normally how they say him.
Speaker 2: But I'm not a writer, right, So I guess read Smith is great.
Speaker 1: So you're just do you take the time at night to just read a book?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I read. I've read three books in the last three weeks. I know, I bought one. I bought another one for to go to Lallapalooza. But I didn't. I couldn't get it. It was a different author because I've been reading the same author and they're like instantly I'm into him. This one I'm not. I don't even know. I just it was on Reese's Book Club. Was rushed. I felt rushed.
Speaker 1: You know, have you read you know how Blake Blake Lively has that new movie? Yeah? Did you read that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh, very another very easy read.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, the story seems very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Allison read that this weekend. It's really read for the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's literally I would read it again just to freshen up because it's such a fast read. Really, yeah, just fresh, just a freshing up. And she also it's the author is Colleen Hoover, and she has another one called Verity. It is like such a it's like a thriller. It's crazy. Another great one.
Speaker 1: She was at the AMC Theater one night Blake.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, Colleen, Yeah, they're doing a lot of press, I feel or they were.
Speaker 1: She was like, at the AMC in Century City.
Speaker 3: That's great AMC.
Speaker 2: Yeah they're Mozzarella sticks. Oh I got hot. I gardened one day and went to a daytime.
Speaker 1: Movie even to understand, and.
Speaker 2: Got mazzarella sticks. And I was like, this is the greatest thing I've ever put in my really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know I never got the Manzarelli sticks there.
Speaker 2: Well, you got a garden and get the monzarella appreciated. I got Moti nut donuts.
Speaker 1: Mochi nut donuts from the.
Speaker 2: Mochi Nut not in the movie theater. No, it was in the food court.
Speaker 1: You know what we saw before we left for our vacation, what Deadpool versus Wolverine and just crickets in here.
Speaker 3: I mean, I am very impressed that you when saw that, especially opening weekend, it.
Speaker 2: Was so good, like great right the boys. Yeah. I didn't choose.
Speaker 1: I just have to confirm I didn't choose to go see this movie. We went for the kids. But I that's why I get so surprised and I like love it because I would never go see it if it wasn't for them, but I loved it. Like I was laughing, I was singing, I was cheering.
Speaker 3: That makes me so happy. It's so good.
Speaker 1: It's so good. I've never seen superhero movie. Is that funny?
Speaker 3: No, the Deadpool ones are always very funny, and like, you know, that's his whole thing, is that he like breaks the fourth wall. And the other two Deadpool movies, I think you'd like.
Speaker 1: I watched the first one, yeah, yeah, which I also enjoyed.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm so glad you loved Deadpool and Woiverine. It's so fine.
Speaker 1: I might be like a Deadpool head. Is that what his fans are called?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we can call them that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, deadpool head. I don't know what they're called.
Speaker 2: This is a fan Deadpool fan and Pool fan.
Speaker 3: Uh, Tanya called me or I was at the County the OC fair and Tanya called me. It was like Robbie has some questions about Deadpool and Wolverine, and I was like in aloud. I was on a ride and then I was eating fried oreos and I couldn't talk on the phone and I was like call me, now, call me, And then then he didn't call me. Yeah, so I still don't know what his questions were.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they were either, but he had all these questions and I go, do you know who would have the answers? And he goes, there's nothing more.
Speaker 3: I love to get those kind of questions. Honestly, there's a lot of deep lore in that.
Speaker 2: Movie because you're that was like rock and a hard place. You're at the OC Fair, like Choice with the Orange something. Yeah, Deadpool questions.
Speaker 3: I mean truly the greatest moment though, to be at the OC Fair and then have somebody like I need to talk to about Marvel. I was like, oh, man, have I died?
Speaker 2: Is this heaven?
Speaker 1: I feel like you had quite the busy uh, quite the busy week as well.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: You were in Canada, Chicago? I was, I was alway trains and automobiles.
Speaker 2: No trains, yeah, planes and automobiles. Yeah, but let's take a break and come back. Yeah, we'll talk about it then. Oh well, we're just just.
Speaker 1: Making sure you saw that.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was what We're back all right. So yeah, I went to Canada to see Haley and we That was a three week, long time stint. I was so excited to get there to see her, and I went down to Newport to drop Phoebe off with my sister, and so I stayed the night with them, and then I got up the next day and I was like, I had a great morning. So I was like, you know how this might be totally unrelatable, but in my mind, I feel like some people will relate to this. You know, when you wake up and like time wise, you're right on time, and your hair looks good, and like your makeup is like it's like perfect, like you're like it did what it needed to do. Both of my eyebrows were even. I was just like, Wow, this is gonna be a great travel day. Yeah, never had that interesting, Okay, well maybe other people have. And so I get to the airport and I was flying Air Canada. And so I go up to the Air Canada check in and she's like, oh, you're actually with United. It's like a you know when one airline they are merged.
Speaker 1: Your biggest fere, my biggest fear.
Speaker 2: So she goes, I can check you in for your connecting flight once you get to Canada, but then but you have to go to United to check in. So I'm kind of like at this point, like I got to hustle a little bit because where the heck is United, Like I don't When I get to the airport, there's no route the way I do the airport, which is very stressful but also gives me the adrenaline rush that I love is that there's no room for air Why do you like that? It's something sick. I don't know. I don't know why I like it, but I just like that I can get there and get everything just done at the time that it cakes. So I go and I'm like, oh no, this is an error. So I've gotta like rush because this could be crucial. I get to the United desk and the lady that's helping. I'm watching all the people helping to see like who's demeanor. I needed, you know, I needed good vibes, and this woman is being so nice to these people. So I'm like, this is my girl. She's gonna get me on the plane, which at this point I'm I'm like, I have a minute, basically, so I go to check it. She goes, you need to They go, you need to check it on the screen. So I check it on the screen and it goes. You're late, like see an attendant or whatever. And I'm like, oh no, but it's a minute.
Speaker 1: You like that feeling?
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I don't like this feeling.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm like.
Speaker 2: This is not good. So I'm like this girl, she's having a great day though it's one literally one minute. But because it was a computer, it like you know, it just has an automatic time off. So I get up there after they leave, she's like, have a great fight. I got there. Her whole demeanor shift. She's like, no, are you late? And I was like she no, because I showed her the little yeah she's a podcast whatever. So I show her, like the ticket the machine gave me and she was like are you late? And she like looks and she's like you're a minute late. They locked it and I was like, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I was like I went to the wrong thing. Yeah, I said, I went to Air.
Speaker 2: I booked it with Air Canada and then I came down here and she's like, well they're shut. And I was like I was like can you And she was like are you flying business? And I was like yeah, And so she was like, let me call and see, and so she calls and she like yeah, okay, yeah, I thought so yeah, the gates shut, and I'm like okay, shoot. So she's immediately just like, let me try to rebook you. So she's like it's over at this point, and I'm like, okay, dang it, it was my fault whatever.
Speaker 1: But you don't even say, like I haven't seen my girlfriend in three weeks.
Speaker 2: No she didn't. You know, when you get the feeling no one who.
Speaker 1: Cares at least you try do, you don't just let somebody know.
Speaker 2: I was like, is there anything? Is there a later flight? Like can I get on anything else that will get just get me to Vancouver and then I can get on my connecting flight because I already have the ticket for that, And she was just like no. She was like, the only thing I see like would get you there tomorrow. She's like, there's one that goes to Denver first, Like she she didn't. She was just she was like, you know, some people I've gotten too places late, and they're like, especially if it's a guy, like I'm not this is just a privilege. But like if I go up to a man and I'm like, oh, I'm like late and there sometimes they just want to be the hero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are some people that have those you want to be the Shiro.
Speaker 2: And she didn't want to be the Shiro, which was fine. It was it was not her fault, it was my fault. So she goes go back down to Air Canada and see if they haven't, cause you're gonna have to rebook it with them. So I go down to Air Canada. I wait in line, and she goes, sorry, you're gonna have to because your furt you booked with them and it was under them. You have to go back and book with them. So I walk back. I find another girl to help me, because I was like, this lady is we're over each other. And she helped me book it and she's like, but you have to go back to Air Canada to get to print out your ticket. So I went back and forth like five times.
Speaker 1: I was like, are these terminals?
Speaker 2: They were like a terminal part okay, so not such a bad walk, A lengthy walk back and forth that many times I'm calling Haley like I'm so sorry, I'm so mad at myself, and she's upset. She's like, what can I do to help you? Because even I was like, if I can fit everything into a carry on, can I still get on and She's like, well, what are you gonna do with your big bag? And I'm like, I valeid my car here. I parked here, so I can just go throw it in the car if I can make it. She's like no, so she just yeah. It was not good. So anyways, got on a much later flight, which is fine because Haley was working super late the whole time. Anyway, but I finally got up there, got to see her. She was working until Like anyway, before you get to that part, Okay, did that whole experience make you change your mind on your airport etiquette etiquette? Well? Yeah, I mean all my flights for Lallapalooza were you early. I wouldn't say early, but I wasn't like I wasn't a minute to spare.
Speaker 1: So you didn't really learn a lesson.
Speaker 2: I learned a lesson that I should be better about being on time.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Something I really like about this is that you acknowledge, like I like the feeling of getting there with no time to spare, because there's a lot of people that are like, well, no, there's traffic and I woke up. You know, there's all people that like say, it's like, oh no, I try to get there early, but all these external forces stop me from doing it, and you're very self effacing, like, no, I do this on intentionally, right, because I like the feeling and that would be so satisfying to be like I have no time to spare and I still made it on the floor.
Speaker 2: Right. It's like there's like an arrogance or something. I don't know, Like it makes me feel like i've it makes me feel like I'm in like a race, and I did everything that I needed to do to like get there without wasting any time. Anyways. It was great though, because I had all this work stuff I needed to film and shoot, and I was like I'm gonna have to do in Canada while I'm with Haley, Like I'm gonna have to figure out when I'm going to do this. So I was able to go home, shoot all my stuff, get all my work done, and then I went back to the airport and got on my fight. So it all worked out. Anyways. It was so it was such a fun weekend together, like I was, so we were both just so happy to be together and we had such a great time. Like it's such a beautiful a BC, Canada. Yeah, is that what you would put Columbia in Canada. Yeah, it's so beautiful. Like we went on a boat ride and it was like just jumping in the water and being on the boat. It was so freaking fun. We had the best time. And then she gets tomorrow. Wow, we made it so it was really fun and it was just like, I'm so proud of us with how this time a part has gone because last year was not the same. I'm proud of you too. No, why do you every time I talked about Haley, you think I'm crying?
Speaker 1: Did she not look like she was getting emotional?
Speaker 2: I literally no, I'm not emotional at all. Zero of emotion, no feeling of I'm about to cry.
Speaker 1: So when she comes home, are you gonna like put a little sign up, get some flowers or.
Speaker 2: Just like yeah, but that's a surprise. So she if she listened, she didn't listen.
Speaker 1: To the pod the spoiler alert, Robbie's been listening a lot more lately, and I'm like, we made a rule, sir.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the and you get engaged. You it's like, yeah, he used to be a part.
Speaker 1: Yikes. I felt the same way though about our time together, because I felt like we had just been. It's so weird because I've never lived with somebody before, like I live. We lived together, so it's like we're we spent every night together, but because like one of the kids was sick, then Robbie got sick, then I got sick. I feel like the whole month of July we were very like distant, you know what I mean, And so the trip was just like really really nice because we were just like together twenty.
Speaker 2: Like like yeah, uninterrupted, uninterrupted, very present, intentional, living life like to the fullest together.
Speaker 1: It was really really nice.
Speaker 2: I know That's how I felt too, And I feel like it's also it's like knowing we only had basically two and a half days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's like just.
Speaker 2: Like enjoy every moment that we have just being together, and it's fun getting to be with all the people that she's like working with, and yeah, you know, it was fun to It's just it was it was just fun.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I left being like wow, that was such a fulfilling time. Whereas sometimes when we go without seeing each other and then we see each other, there's this like pressure to make it like the best time ever, to make sure that like every moment is perfect, and yeah, I think we both were just I think she's so tired and I was just excited to be with her that I was like, I don't really care, literally don't care what we do as long as we're getting to be with each other. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We had like we had all these maybe like three reservations at places that were like the places that you need to go when you're in Mikanos and then the rest of the time, like robb and I just kind of like talked to like locals and figured out the spots and would like go into town and just kind of like whichever restaurant was like calling us. And some of those were just like the most special, most fun. Like we went up to this pasta place and the hostess was like, oh, you guys, are you know, do you want a romantic And we were like yeah, and she put us up on this balcony. It was a just fits a table for two. Yeah, and it was just so freaking cute, you Like, it was just and the food was amazing, and like, I don't know, I just felt like everything was pushing us to the like just good vibes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just you just gotta let sometimes you just gotta let go.
Speaker 1: Let go, and let God guide you to where you need to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guided us, right, So yeah, I came back on Monday, and then I had work stuff that I had to do, and then I left Thursday for Lollapalooza, which was so much fun. But my god, the walking that a festival entails.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not for the faint of heart.
Speaker 2: But Chicago was so fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But it was so funny because because we did the festival, we would be so tired at night because the whole time, Alley's like I can't wait, Like I love the city life, Like I got all these recommendations for restaurants, and then like after the festival would be like we just get room service, tired, our feet hurt. Yeah, and you're not like an outfit that you want to go like party in a well definitely not party, but even just like go to like a nice dinner. You know, you're kind of like gross. It was so hot and muggy. So but I will say, and this is not an ad, but I went with Chase Bank and it was I had no idea that like, Okay, this makes me feel dumb, but I never knew, you know, when people talked about perks of like credit cards and stuff. Yeah, I never I felt so ignorant seeing what all the the perks of having specific credit cards can get you. Like the lounge that we were in, which obviously I was working with him, but I also have the card, and I was like, what the heck. It was an elevated lounge, so you had a view to the main stage and one of the side stages, and had like fans. It had a bar they were passing out like Chicago pizza.
Speaker 1: I feel Can I tell you that I feel the same way about these credit cards. And like with the airlines too, I'm like, we always are flying and I don't have miles that I've never used at Delta like I did, They.
Speaker 2: Just stack up.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to use them.
Speaker 2: You should do that, you may know, get someone on the phone, because that will really benefit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. I Like I literally looked at Rob and I was like, for our honeymoon, we're doing it all on points. Yeah, all over these points that I've collected throughout my years of living. They're going to good use.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, like one of the things that we did while we were there, we had like a private DJ session was z and he's like twenty people and the only way you could do it is if you have Chaste card. The Sapphire the one that was there for is like Sapphire Reserve or something.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, how cool that, Like that's a perk that you can get. I just had no idea. I'm like, how many things have I missed out?
Speaker 1: I know these lounges at the airports are like, yeah, you guys know about these lounges.
Speaker 2: At the airports. Yeah? Yeah, I never am there with enough time to spare to use.
Speaker 1: It, so much time to spare. I'm like, I we went to one. Robbie's card got us into one. I can't remember what airline it was, but I'm like, I'm going to get a Delta card. Like I'm literally getting a Delta credit card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm telling you. It was I was like, wow, this is this was eye opening, but it was so fun. It was weird.
Speaker 1: I said that because I've been in that same headspace. I'm like, there's so much out there to like capitalize take advantage of, and I don't take advantage of any of it.
Speaker 2: No, And if you go look at yeah, it's a lot. It's a lot, but like, once you take the time to do it, it's so easy if you have a card. So anyways, getting a credit card that has perks on it, because yeah, really they really do be getting me the perks. We went, we saw Tate McCrae. We walked over and saw her. She is so good. She is so good and like the way she can dance. When I watch people who can dance perform, I'm always just like, why can't I do that? I know, but I can't.
Speaker 1: It's okay. We all have our strengths in our own weaknesses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I uh oh, what was I going to tell you? Was it when Ali sat on the same out of the booth? Is me? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes.
Speaker 2: So we were starving and we go and sit and this was so we did the z DJ thing and then we had time before we were going to the festival and she was like, I'm starving, let's just go get true food. So we go and I had this. We both had these like backless top song because we both had like bandanas tied as the top. And so she goes, do you want the booth or the chair? Because normally I always give up the booth because I'm like, I know everyone prefers the booth and I'm a people pleaser, but the chair looked really cold on my back, so I was like, I'm gonna take booth. She asked, booth or chair? Said booth, and she goes, oh, yeah, that looks more comfortable. I'm gonna sit over there. And I was like what. I was like, are you serious? You're going to sit on the same side, And you're like, yeah, it's more comfortable. Don't worry. I don't want to sit next to you because I want to sit next to you. Con She was like, it's just more comfortable. And I was like, do you know how invasive this is to me?
Speaker 1: And yet you stayed there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because my back was cold.
Speaker 1: So I just have to bully you into sitting on the same side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but everyone's like, I cannot wait to hear Tanya's reaction. I'm like, I literally made it clear in the text that I did not want this.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, it was not clear. It was not clear in the text.
Speaker 2: It was like I was like, Ali, please come sit on the same side with me. I love sitting on the same side of the table.
Speaker 1: It was not clear in the text.
Speaker 2: It was because I was like, if you know, you know how stressful this is for me.
Speaker 1: I saw it and I was like, Wow, she's just rubbing it in my face and she's sitting on the same side with her best friend Ali.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tanya talks her stress. They induced stress in me like they make if I had an or ring or like an Apple watch, it would say like my blood pressure, they'd see it rising when I post with other people.
Speaker 1: Anya, Tat's all.
Speaker 2: Right, we are going to take a break and then we will be back with a dear Bonya email. All right, we are back, and we have a dear Bonya email from anonymous Easton.
Speaker 3: All right, this one's from anonymous. Mark is not here. I'm taking his job. He is not getting it back. Sorry, buddy. I am an og scrubber and I appreciate all four of you bringing light to my weekdays. I'm going to change that, all three of you bringing light to my weekdays. My husband and I moved into our home a little over six months ago, but we're having an issue with our neighbor across the street from us. She's a seventy year old woman that lives alone, has no family. We recently got a dog, so now we're out walking, we run into our neighbor all the time. Every time we see her, she ends up telling us crazy stories that are not true. One story she told us was that her power went out and the home warranty guy came over and drugged her and forced her to go to the bank with him and give him ten thousand dollars, but she didn't report it to the police. My question for y'all is this last week she invited me over for lunch with our new puppy. I don't feel comfortable going into her house and I would love to avoided at all costs, But now she sees us walking our dog and knows every time I walk outside, she comes out to say, Hi. How do I balance between being friendly and neighborly and setting a clear boundary?
Speaker 1: Yeahkes is, Yeah, this is tough.
Speaker 2: I would have a really this would literally stress me out so much.
Speaker 1: I would just invite it over to your house, oh home field advantage, Yeah yeah, and just be like, my dog isn't plotty trained and I don't really want to bring her into your house to peel over your stuff, So why don't we just have lunch at my house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good sauce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's a good idea. And then you can see how she is during this, much like if she gives you more crazy stuff, yeah, then you can you know, you don't have this doesn't have to be a repeat.
Speaker 2: Thing, right, And maybe is there another direction you can go on your walk.
Speaker 1: That lives across the street.
Speaker 2: Me feels bad because it's like she's probably just lonely and want someone to talk to. But I think that if you invite her over to your place and you get a feel for her personality inside your home, then it might make you feel more comfortable and feel like she's just innocent and like as bored and lonely and wants to talk and have like something interesting to have a conversation about, because she probably doesn't have that. And yeah, I would just you know, I think there and maybe if it gets a point where you feel, I don't know, like you're like you're trapped. Have your husband's such a boundary? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think your biggest fear is just being stuck in someone someone else's home, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she doesn't feel comfortable going into her house?
Speaker 1: Yes, so I would just say, my dog isn't so trained and let's just do it at my foot.
Speaker 2: But if she was like, just come and don't bring the dog.
Speaker 1: No, I think she said she invited her and the dog.
Speaker 2: I know, but I'm saying, what if she was like, oh, that's fine, don't bring the dog.
Speaker 1: Well, she's not so trained, so I don't want to leave her in my home unattended, I would.
Speaker 3: Feel like, hey, I don't want to get drugged by the home warnty guy either. Yeah, we haven't had such a case at my house, so why don't you come over here.
Speaker 1: I think she probably is just lonely and just wants to have you over. So I think if you suggest doing at your house, she's gonna be just fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think she'll be excited with that option. And I also think, like it really I speak from someone who could never do this, but it's unfortunate that you can't, that we can't just be like, oh, I don't really feel comfortable with that, but thank you, yeah, instead of just like having to email like a random podcast. So I get you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I wish because she has like seventy and she lives alone and like it's it's like kind of sad.
Speaker 2: I know, Anonymous. I feel like I feel for Anonymous because I feel like she's like it's the struggle of wanting to be kind and gentle and also set a boundary for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really tough because like, yeah, you want to be kind, especially to your neighbors, your community, you want to feel connected. Then also, it's not your responsibility to make this other person right feel comfortable and happy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: That's so I get it's very tough, but I mean it seems like an honest is open to having a relationship with this person, like a friendship.
Speaker 1: And at the end of the day, like that's your neighbor. These are people that are like watching over your home and like you know what I mean, Like, I think it's like nice to have a nice somewhat friendly you know, you don't have to have invite her over every week for lunch or dinner.
Speaker 2: Also the idea of like inviting her to go on a walk with you around the block, because that way she's getting exercise, she's getting to talk and like be with the puppy, and maybe that would make her feel like included without you feeling like you have to go into her home or have her into your home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: If all the worst comes to worst, just go in there and have a phone recording at all times.
Speaker 3: Share your location, share your location, or.
Speaker 2: Make sure your husband's love you. But good luck. That's tough. But congrats on your new puppy. All right, that is all. We will be back next Monday and we hope you have a great week. I love you, love so much.