Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: This is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wing Stuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 3: Thursday, Welcome to the show. You're looking live at Tostitos Championship Plaza outside Fort Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 4: Where it is finally under ninety degrees. It is eighty four.
Speaker 3: The high is eighty nine, the low is sixty six.
Speaker 5: Here's Shennon.
Speaker 6: He is Nate, this is my boy Kurt in the back. It's christ Beyan keeping live local. I am Salt and Pepper Poppy. Together we make Hanging with the Boy sports talk equivalent of broll people.
Speaker 3: When we speak, brought to you each and every day by Wingstop, where favorite gets it.
Speaker 7: We did you call him by his proper name? I didn't.
Speaker 8: I didn't. I didn't come you know what his new name is. I'm not going to say it since we forgot to pronounce it, I announce it. I'm not saying get him next time.
Speaker 4: All right, I guys do it.
Speaker 8: I don't want we don't want to jinx him like he's done half our football team.
Speaker 9: Nothing to do with it.
Speaker 4: You're not allowed to talk about the Cowboys anymore. So you can talk about Miller like but you can get them numbers now, number.
Speaker 5: I don't like my numbers. I need a curtain, I need them.
Speaker 4: Were doing today?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 4: Good? Anybody going to the fair? Anybody been to the fair?
Speaker 8: I've been.
Speaker 4: You went already, yes, yes, sir?
Speaker 8: Do you walk around just a little bit? You know, I got a little the turkey and did you.
Speaker 3: Get did you get a paid appearance out there?
Speaker 4: Is that why you were?
Speaker 8: No? No, I went to the Gramble Prayer review game. Okay, you know the corn toss guy, and you were the coin toss.
Speaker 6: You're the coin toss nothing boy.
Speaker 5: Because you tell everybody, I don't tell none of us when.
Speaker 8: Over two hundred miles the first twenty don't get no recognition for me?
Speaker 9: Oh nice, it's a fair day in the lunch froment the corn dogs corn.
Speaker 4: And you don't know and you just I knew it was fair day.
Speaker 8: I didn't know what all they had though, put that corner over the good and just I'm surprised you don't eat corn dogs.
Speaker 5: Little Glizzie in the sweater for me, my boyfriend.
Speaker 4: I've never heard.
Speaker 3: That corn dog man. The best part of the corn dog is the crunchy part on the stick.
Speaker 4: That little you're talking about the end of there too, best.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Chris, there's gonna be a lot of people with some ship they sugar Finny go up. There's a lot of healthy people in my size are big old. I'm like.
Speaker 4: Swimming to be fled by Kurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a guy popped up, pretty important.
Speaker 4: Guy popped up on the injury report yesterday.
Speaker 9: Kendricks in the middle, Yes, too, shoulder and calf.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how how big of a deal is that?
Speaker 3: Because he's kind of holding this thing together by himself right now, and.
Speaker 6: It's so it's like, it is so massive if he plays or does not play, like I don't even think you really understand, because if he doesn't play, you.
Speaker 5: Now have to go, oh, hey, y'all, you know what's up?
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 4: Watching live?
Speaker 8: You're like a little kid like that. He's trying to be telling Wave.
Speaker 5: The number one the number one podcast listen, number one. Make sure y'all. Listen, y'all can hear us? The number one we lost for the segment.
Speaker 4: I got't bring him in name.
Speaker 6: The Eric Kendricks potential of not playing is massive.
Speaker 8: One.
Speaker 6: He's your green dot. What does that mean? He is the one that calls your defense. He gets everyone lined up, He has the mic in his help, he has the mic in his helmet. He is speaker his helmet. He calls the the adjustments on his on the defensive front. Like and when you take him out of the equation, you're now talking about your line.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 6: It's another player at that down right, another player that they're down. And then secondly, your starting linebackers will potentially be absolutely your starting linebackers will potentially be Dumont Clark, Maris Luilfowl and Damarian Overshown, very little experienced at that line and against this football team, Yeah, the Detroit Lions. The biggest thing that they do two really good things on offensive line wild I don't know, we'll get into that earlier. But not having Eric Kendricks in this lineup would be massive, would be a massive, massive, massive loss for this Cowboys defense.
Speaker 3: Then a couple of guys that are kind of surprisingly that are gonna sounds like they're gonna be ready to go this week, or Dron Bland and Carson full participants with the bye week being a week away, would you sit those guys since you been not terrible with them off the field, would you sit.
Speaker 4: Them and just make sure they're good? Or is it one of those things where I don't.
Speaker 9: Know if Bland is going to be back because he's coming off the ir is on like a second week.
Speaker 5: He could know.
Speaker 6: They opened up his twenty one day window yesterday, so any part in that time he could be brought back. I think Mike McCarthy said today, Uh, he need to see he needs to see a lot from him.
Speaker 4: OK, today I thought I heard that different. I thought he was I thought he was coming back this week.
Speaker 5: So no, no, he could.
Speaker 8: He's full.
Speaker 4: He could.
Speaker 6: He he went full yesterday, but that was a limited practice. That wasn't That wasn't like a full on.
Speaker 3: You know, if he's that close, would you just let him let him sit? Or is that a deal where if he says he's good and the trainer say he's good, he's good.
Speaker 9: I think it's kind of tough balance because you're playing one of the best teams in the league and.
Speaker 5: The best guys out there's gonna get beat up.
Speaker 9: That's the other side of the other side of it. Man, if he ain't one hundred percent you and.
Speaker 5: If he's one hundred and why I do not like pitch counts.
Speaker 6: Not a fan of pitch counts, especially as like certain positions, because I just feel that I feel that there is a feel to the game, and if you're pulling me on and off the field, there's a lot of feeling going on out there, very touchy, very very get you called the hr type situation.
Speaker 5: When you're pulling me on and off the field, I just can never find a rhythm. I can't find a rhythm, yeh And you know.
Speaker 6: And it's not like his mentality is nickel cornerback like Jordan Lewis, who understands the mindset of being in the field, off the field, on the field, off the field. He's used to going out there and being the guy. So I'm indifferent. I'm in different if he's on a pitch count. But if he can go, let him go, let him actlutely, just just go, just just absolutely go. Hey, ladyes, y'all staring at me, y'all like, what y'all see?
Speaker 10: I'm cute?
Speaker 5: Think I'm cute, Think I'm handsome.
Speaker 4: They're just trying to get on TV.
Speaker 5: You think I'm handsome?
Speaker 4: Why does it always you know I look good?
Speaker 3: You say that I always make the show about me, says the guy that's.
Speaker 4: Like, I'm always gonna make it about well, at least we know at least.
Speaker 5: I'm honest with it. You don't try to be honest.
Speaker 4: I'm honestly I'm making about me.
Speaker 5: All right, girl?
Speaker 11: You know what?
Speaker 5: She's smiling? Listen?
Speaker 6: How you doing listening to the facilit I want to I want to get my bathroom remodeled.
Speaker 5: So if y'all want to be a sugar mama to me, let me know.
Speaker 4: He's got a project. Yes, I want this sugar from one specific project.
Speaker 5: I want to remaster them.
Speaker 4: You're looking for a long term. Once I get this, you can stay as long as the bathroom.
Speaker 3: I want to know.
Speaker 5: I want to read. I want to.
Speaker 6: Remodel the a buried church, the master bathroom, so I need I need a sugary church.
Speaker 4: Tell me on the air man you on a man with the number one.
Speaker 6: Views show, number one podcast or the Cowboy Network.
Speaker 8: Now you you know this dude? Did he got hanging on our show today? Where you at?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 4: Oh he bailed on you the next day.
Speaker 5: I can't hide that back.
Speaker 8: You do it during the sene the least shann to do it after the season priority.
Speaker 4: I do it in the playoffs because I know I'm good.
Speaker 8: You have a good one, man, enjoy yourself later.
Speaker 4: Do not call Nate Newton.
Speaker 3: Do not call Nate why he's on the air, because he will answer, and if it wasn't for us, he wouldn't tell you.
Speaker 4: They don't tell them what you what they would say.
Speaker 6: Y'all got Nate has some very interesting phone calls that might pop off during this show, like a lot.
Speaker 5: Of time, he said in the voicemail.
Speaker 6: If you happen to look over there again to see his phone with my briend, Okay, damn you.
Speaker 5: Know it'd be some names. It'd be names and names.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 8: We need to call coach Swissler one day.
Speaker 4: Oh man.
Speaker 8: May Now y'all know we got uh Marky's bell coming to next week. He's gonna be talking about some puppet shop. I told him, you got to talk more than.
Speaker 5: We won't be on that show.
Speaker 8: Show.
Speaker 6: The fifteenth fifteen win next Wednesday, Tuesday.
Speaker 4: So we got to bring him.
Speaker 8: Show.
Speaker 4: We got to bring hi up. We got to bring him on one.
Speaker 9: Of them winds.
Speaker 4: Okay, well we mixed, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 5: Wow, Monday, we're together on Monday.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm mixing calls.
Speaker 4: One day.
Speaker 3: You need to get Coach Switzer in here for the whole show one day when he's in the building.
Speaker 4: That would be I think he comes in town until this weekend. That would be great. You should, you should. You should have a calling guest once every month.
Speaker 8: Man, it'd be hard to get him to do to do that. When they people call me, they want a clown. They don't want to that's what we want to do. They don't want to do no work, be answering, no questions.
Speaker 5: I don't want to do a football talk.
Speaker 8: We want to.
Speaker 5: We want to hit the dude story.
Speaker 3: They can listen to another show if they want to, text Coach Prime and say, hey, man, hit me up and see because you're another show life.
Speaker 8: It's good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, FaceTime y did y'all talk about talking about.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 4: While you was talking about we were just about to Nate.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you brought that up and decided to participate in the show Thirsty about ten minutes.
Speaker 5: And Kendricks popped up on the injury.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'd love to hear your thoughts, but you you weren't here, so you're going to break well answer.
Speaker 4: We'll see if.
Speaker 3: Nate has an opinion about the game when we come back for the second segment, Hanging with the Boys, go back out.
Speaker 8: I got the numbers, current help me?
Speaker 10: How's wing Stop sound crispy juicy? Classic wings? Sausty tossed that those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop wretch. I think you've heard enough your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 8: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and wings Stop is here to bring the flavor to game date as the official Wings of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Order now by download the wings Stole a ord and online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 13: Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here, and set Gig is here to help.
Speaker 5: You experience all the action.
Speaker 13: Seat Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat gig is the place to do it.
Speaker 8: Seat Gig is the official.
Speaker 13: Primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works. Expect he expected seed geek.
Speaker 4: Hey Cowboy fans.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 5: Prescott keets it slides for the first down.
Speaker 11: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 13: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit bockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 13: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeir enough knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home were away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them boys.
Speaker 5: Smear enough we do game days.
Speaker 13: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 4: Back to Hanging.
Speaker 8: With the bulls.
Speaker 3: Christian, Welcome back to the second segment. I Hanging with the Boys brought to you each and every day by blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Thank you blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: And we will do the liverry in the third segment to mix it up a little bit today really because I forgot to get the sheet out of the cabinet, so but anyway, we'll do it in the next segment.
Speaker 4: Question for you guys everyone.
Speaker 3: Kurt, let me start with you since you haven't talked a whole lot today, but I want you to all right, you just played two of the worst offenses in the league.
Speaker 4: Right, you feel pretty? You feel decent about it yourself. I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: I think you feel better than you did the first three games. Right, feel decent? You feel okay? Is this going to in your opinion, be a reality check and bring this thing crashing back down.
Speaker 4: To where it was after the second week of the season.
Speaker 9: A reality check for sure.
Speaker 3: Do you think they've got a little momentum now and they're gonna build on that, and they got a little something going and they've figured maybe they're figuring something out with the running game, and maybe they're figuring out a little bit with the defensive an offensive line starting to jail.
Speaker 4: Or do you just think it's like you played these two teams and now it's.
Speaker 9: They took care of business against two teams they needed to handle up on them. They did, but there and they're eating some momentum. They are headed in the right direction, but now they're facing a team that's the real deal. So they're gonna it's gonna be a real test for him.
Speaker 8: What about you, Nate, You know, I just you know, I believe this here is coming. He is coming now you either you know you either treated you either treated like a hurricane your bat.
Speaker 5: What is Detroit doing day?
Speaker 8: They coming that, Oh we're gonna spring them this weekend. Baby, we go spraying like like like your boy been saying boys like everything's been so somebody you ever see when you're going to the seat, you going got all these heels, but going downhill they always got these safety things. You can run off of them because one hundred of miles. Wow, I hope we got a lot of those offs.
Speaker 4: What about you, Date, I mean, Jesse, what was the question? The question is you've played two.
Speaker 3: Pretty bad teams offensively, and now you got Detroit that's pretty solid offensively, pretty solid defensively. Is this going to be a reality check for everybody that's starting to feel good about this team? Or do you think they have a little bit of momentum and they have something to build on and could pull.
Speaker 8: It off this And remember, see this is what everybody forgot. Y'all. We still beat Cleveland. I mean, it don't mean nothing, but we are three and two. So I'm cracking jokes, but yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: Here's what presents a very difficult thing for the cowboy.
Speaker 4: Cowboys are getting three at home, by the way.
Speaker 5: And that's right.
Speaker 6: Usually cowboys are getting three the underdog, Oh the uther door, you're.
Speaker 4: Right right home.
Speaker 3: So it means they're really supposed to lose by six because you get three at home, right.
Speaker 6: So here's the thing, you got two very bland offenses and the Giants. The Giants are pretty much we're gonna line up. This is what you're pretty much gonna get right coming at you. The same thing with Pittsburgh, We're gonna pretty much line up. It's not gonna be too much of the of the window dressing. So the eyes and the brains of the Cowboys defense gotta rest the last couple of weeks, which.
Speaker 5: Means they can just go straight.
Speaker 6: Up and play straight up and down football, which is very archaic in the way that the brand of football is going in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: That ends on Sunday.
Speaker 6: You're getting ready to get back to what you had to deal with with New Orleans, with Baltimore, where the eye candy and the window dressing and the disceptions and the pre sat motion, the uh, the post snap movement, the many different formations, the many different personnels.
Speaker 5: You're getting ready to get to that.
Speaker 6: Oh, by the way, they also have one of the best offensive lines in football.
Speaker 5: And when you when you give.
Speaker 6: Jarrett Goff an opportunity to stay in the pocket and complete passes, he's one of the best in the league. Where he turns from a carriage to a pumpkin is when you pressure him. You don't have your two best press players press players playing in this game.
Speaker 5: So it is a while.
Speaker 6: The Cowboys have gained some confidence and some feel good about them in the last two weeks. When you turn on your when you turn on this film and you watch the Detroit Lions, you kind of you kind of you know, you flitch a little bit because you start you start thinking about what happened to you against New Orleans. You start flitching a little bit. What happened to you against Baltimore. You're like, oh lord, we we were back to that again. And it's it's it might be another whooping coming their way on Sunday.
Speaker 8: What are you doing? Okay?
Speaker 4: I thought you about to say something in.
Speaker 8: No announcement you might cover up, you know, I'm I'm I'm laughing because normally, yeah, no, normally about now it's the fifth game, you know, sixth games, you you start to see who your team is. But as of right now, I can ask either one of y'all, hey, what is the Cowboys be coming to you? I don't think we have an answer yet. So but we've had a very two very good offensive lines and a quarterback and running backs, and because Taysom Hill was their extra gadget guy for New Orleans, whereas Lamar and we had Fella Henry. So whenever it's been an array of talented guys with an off with a offensive line, it has been ugly. That's why I'm laughing. Because they have three first round picks on their offensive line. And when their coach see everybody has somebody they lean on Kansas City with their quarterback, you know, Buffalo with their quarterback, the running back tappend them with. With these guys, everybody think they lean on them. No, that coach look right at his offensive line. Whatever it take. My offensive line can do it. Whether it's past blocking, I run blocking. They do it with equal flavor, and they do it with a physicality that is rare in his NFL.
Speaker 3: You brought up gadget guy, and I know this was the fans wanted this. Have you seen enough out of lip Key to maybe be a gadget guy or a guy that does not just here's the ball, run it right up the middle to try to get a first down because he can catch, you know he can catch. He seems to give him a little spark. Could you use him like a Taysom Hill type guy, where you could put him out wide, put him in the backfield, run some some misdirection stuff, and get him in the mix a little bit more.
Speaker 6: If you had your house in order, okay, And that's the biggest problem.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 6: New Orleans at that time was able to use Taysom Hills in those manners because their identity was the identity was established, their house was in order. Right Like when when it's when mom dad get the paycheck and there's a little bit extra left over, you get to go to McDonald's, right, you get you get the happy meal. But if money tight, we got McDonald's out home, figured all the other stuff out. If all of them they figure out, we got McDonald's out his confusion. And so for the cowboys and a lot it's not just you, but a lot of people ask for get this guy involved, get that guy involved, get this gun. He's like, wait, all of that involvement comes when my foundation is set, When we got our house taken care of. Now I can start doing other things. But I can't start saying, oh, build so and so into the mixing and use Kavante and use this guy.
Speaker 5: You that guy you're like, hey, I.
Speaker 4: Can't even get the ball in the second I can't get see.
Speaker 6: The ball in the second half. Hey, I can't protect my quarterback. Y'all know I got too bad tackles. Right when your house is in order, it'll afford you the opportunity to go out there and say, all right, cool, because that part is solidified.
Speaker 5: Now I can spend a.
Speaker 6: Little bit of my extra free time in diagnosing and drawing up and writing up plays to get.
Speaker 5: The other guys involved.
Speaker 6: But their house is just not in order enough for them to be like, sure, litkey, let's get you seven carries in this game, because they're like, wait, get him seven carries. Hell, you haven't figured out what we're gonna do with the first running back you put out there. So it's all about having your house and your affairs in order, and I don't think the Cowboys have them in order right now.
Speaker 8: Offensively, to add on to that, the teams with those type full back h slash tight end tight.
Speaker 4: Players, they always have.
Speaker 8: Two or three games in maybe one playoff game, two or three games during the year where they are a surprised like whoa, he caught four passes for fifteen for thirty five yards and a touchdown. Boy, he ran in there four or five times for a touchdown. It is a change up. It is almost like a surprise, Oh we got you because you won't cover him.
Speaker 3: Something outside of the you start making him a part of your deal.
Speaker 8: Now you're gonna have to start building a what I'm trying to say, you're gonna have it situation. In this situation, like when we see my man go out wide number nine, Oh hey, come to sweep this way. It's a sweet coming. Yeah. Yeah. So you you want just always like just say it's gotta be you gotta be established one way now all of a sudden, the big fellas just keep and now. And that's how that's how we always looked at Darren Johnson when we gave him. It's always two or three times a year, everybody.
Speaker 4: Oh boy moves, we need to use moose, come.
Speaker 8: On, dog tap you breaks. You know what we're gonna use and when we need to use. But we got in it. We got this guy. We got that guy. So hey, I'm with.
Speaker 5: Hold on, doll do that break hold on. That's what he told that.
Speaker 8: Hold on exact use check.
Speaker 5: My foundation is good. You want to run my house.
Speaker 8: Wasn't on us. That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: So y'all both agree that they're they're not under utilizing them. They're doing about what they need to do. I think so until they get their stuff in the word and that makes sense. That both of those are really good points.
Speaker 4: And you're right.
Speaker 3: If you look at the you look back at the year, you'll see two or three games where they just take the hill, just dominates a game, right, same thing with you know, for guys.
Speaker 8: Even though it takes him is a little bit exception to the rule. He's a little bit because without him, he's a unique dude, I'm telling you, And they are a different team without him because, like Jesse said a couple of weeks ago, he played so many positions. He's just tight end. He's your short yard, his running back, he can block and he will throw the ball. So now you don't line backer, safety, nichole, do we play this dude?
Speaker 3: You know, what are your thoughts on Jared Golf as a quarterback.
Speaker 8: I have always liked the guy because I knew who he was and who he still is. He is when you look into Webster's dictionary, look it up, Kurt.
Speaker 5: No No, No, don't look it up, Kurt, don't look it up.
Speaker 4: This is our status.
Speaker 5: This is a don't look when you're when you're not that side. Talk about your numbers and they trying to put gets you the numbers.
Speaker 4: Don't look a thought.
Speaker 3: We were a team show and with the team.
Speaker 8: But anyway, Jesse, can you ask him Jesse looking at your looking up, you would see play action pass. You'll see a picture of Jerry. You know what I'm serious? Is he not the ultimate play action pass quarterback? Because when he gets the time, he will hurt you.
Speaker 9: That running game.
Speaker 6: And that's why because the running again, the offensive line, and that running game is so potent. And it doesn't matter whether it's Gibbs or or or whether it's Montgomery. The running game is so potent. You have to believe it. So when he goes and he does that fake, you gotta bite to it. And when he comes out of the play action fake, he has room, he has time, he has receivers that can go on every level. He has Jamison, who's the who the speed guy can take the top off, Yes, Amara, Saint Brown who can you know fourteen can work intermediately?
Speaker 5: He's he's your guy.
Speaker 6: And you got La Porter, so you have options on every level for him to work with. He is it when you talk about being in the right situation on the right team and how you are able to thrive. Look at two quarterbacks. Go look at Sam Darnold and go look at Jared Golf. Both these guys were high draft picks, didn't start off as great because maybe the situation that they were in things were as solidified and they needed to be.
Speaker 5: The Rams make the trade.
Speaker 6: They get Matthew Stafford, Jared Goff's goes to Detroit and now he's around a solid.
Speaker 5: Situation Ben Johnson's office.
Speaker 6: According to it, go tar Heels, my former teammate, and he just understands, now, I'm really good at these things, and they surround the game plan for me around that. And that's what makes him really good man. And that playoffs just helps him out so much because it uncovers those things for him. He has answers. And that's one of the things I get on, you know, Michael from Pittsburgh about is give that answers. Give him answers right now. The way that Jared Goff cheats, she I do I want to cheat she so that when he comes out of that, he knows ball goes right here right now.
Speaker 5: I mean he's on pace.
Speaker 6: I think I think his twenty five consecutive passes completed that he's had coming from the last you know, come out of the last game.
Speaker 9: So he's third in play action attempts passing attempts.
Speaker 4: Who's first and second?
Speaker 9: First is Stafford, Second is San Darnold.
Speaker 5: Two good teams with running backs HM HM.
Speaker 3: By the way, Jared Goff number one overall draft pick in twenty sixteen, when Zeke went Forth, Jared Golf, Carson Wentz, Joey Bosa, Zeke, Jalen Ramsey.
Speaker 9: Their stats are pretty similar to Dak and yeah, Golf, they're pretty close.
Speaker 3: You know, it's kind of surprising because Golf didn't get the pub. Is that because he's in Detroit.
Speaker 9: Well, you like just said he got off to kind of a bad story. You know, he he had a tough couple of first years. That shine that first year, so he's found this spot down.
Speaker 3: They have sneakily built a really good offense. They have, like if you think about the talent they have the receivers, they got two really good running backs.
Speaker 4: They got a hell of a tight end. They got a good quarterback. You know, they've got they've they drafted really well and nobody, nobody's really a superstar on that team. They're all just hell of player Colin And.
Speaker 5: It's just honestly like when you look at Detroit to the.
Speaker 6: What's the car people name that, they gave them time. They gave them time to come in and to change the culture. That's what you just don't You don't have that much in the NFL right now. I mean you'll get fired after two years if things don't go right.
Speaker 8: And they didn't.
Speaker 5: It didn't start out that way for Detroit.
Speaker 6: They took their lumps when when when when we first got there, But the the the family was patient. They allowed him to build and and boy, I mean he's built through the draft.
Speaker 5: He's built a hell of a team.
Speaker 6: Ben Johnson, Aaron Glynn their offensive defensive coordinators. They got a good system going uh for them in Detroit right now.
Speaker 9: Last year they had five Pro bowlers on that offense to all Pros.
Speaker 4: They have a pretty good game PROS offense alignment.
Speaker 9: Uh sewell and then Sat Brown.
Speaker 5: Okay receiver in the white tackle left tuckle.
Speaker 3: They have one of the one of the better game day spreads in Detroit as well. Hey Chris, Chris, when we come back, rank your rank your game day spreads at away stadiums.
Speaker 4: Can you do that during the break?
Speaker 8: I can try. Okay, If not, we'll do it tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Right, take our last break when we come back. More Detroit offense?
Speaker 4: And what's the vibe? Do we do? We think they might? Should we be scared? Is it gonna be a beatdown in Arlington this weekend? We'll see on Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 5: How's wing Stop sound?
Speaker 10: Chrispy juicy class wings, sausty toss that those eletting, soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop ridge.
Speaker 5: I think you've heard enough. Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 8: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official Wings of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Order now by download the wings Stop out or ordered online at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 11: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Pruscott kits slides for the first.
Speaker 11: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 12: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 13: Grab some today, Hey Cowboys fans, A twenty twenty four football season is here and seed Gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 5: All the action.
Speaker 13: Seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seed Gig is the place to do it. Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed Geek.
Speaker 4: Back to Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought you each and every day by Jigsaw, the proud dating partner of.
Speaker 4: The Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Kurt Yes, let me tell you about this go on VIP.
Speaker 4: Experience with seven eleven.
Speaker 3: Thanks to seven eleven, you could win a VIP experience to the Cowboys versus Bengals showdown on December the ninth and see Nate's Boy Joe Burrow sling that rock.
Speaker 4: In at and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: Just text Cowboys Vip to seven one one seven one one for your chance to win premium club tickets, sideline passes, travel and more. Don't miss out Internow No purchase necessary ends on eleven twenty, must be eighteen or older. In the US DC void wark prohibited message in data rates may apply. Visit bit dot l y slash go seven one one seven one one for full details.
Speaker 4: Non text intrigue. All right, how.
Speaker 3: Surprising is that that the Bengals are that bad with that quarterback?
Speaker 6: What did you start calling that quarterback? Like calling that quarterback out like you would do if that was.
Speaker 5: Dak Yeah, come on now, Joe Burrow, that's true. Call a spade a spade.
Speaker 4: Do you think the the Do you think the Detroit.
Speaker 3: Offense has the best collection of skill position players right now? With the tight end you got two really good running backs, and you got.
Speaker 9: Williams and two really good receivers. Pretty good group.
Speaker 4: Excluding excluding the quarterback. Just you know, skill position players that that group of talent.
Speaker 5: Houston might rival that a little bit. Houstn't give you a run fore of money. I think Houston will give you a run fee of money.
Speaker 4: But what's his names out for the season now?
Speaker 5: Is he he's a Nicol's on?
Speaker 3: I R.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 5: They got a good group, really good group.
Speaker 9: Who scares you the most?
Speaker 5: I mean, of course the Niners when they're fully healthy.
Speaker 8: That's a.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a That's.
Speaker 3: The thing that's different about their team is everybody, everybody on San fran can do something totally different.
Speaker 4: Like you got Debo, that's just a dog.
Speaker 6: But they had they were down, they were down, I think like deebo Iyuk and McCaffrey, and then Jennings went off for like one hundred and seventy five yards and three touchdowns like something stupid like that.
Speaker 4: Plug and play. Yeah, but they so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good question, which which one of those tools scares you the most.
Speaker 4: On their offense When you look at tape Gibbs, really that's not.
Speaker 9: Either home run hit a fast one or yeah he's a home run hitter.
Speaker 4: That doesn't mixed. I don't like that you picked the running back. Oh this is this is this is getting ready to be against our team. They got two good ones.
Speaker 6: This is getting ready. I would be shocked. I would be utterly shocked.
Speaker 3: I'm interested to see what you're The Cowboys win if because you've been spot on the last two weeks, I have tomorrow. You need to put a lot of thought in that keep that work going. The stat the stat the Cowboys win. If this stat comes true, I would be.
Speaker 6: I will be utterly shocked if Detroit doesn't rush for two hundred yards.
Speaker 4: M h really, Oh that's a bold statement made rubbing his head.
Speaker 5: When when.
Speaker 6: I was talking to I was talking to Brian brought us a day or so ago, and you know, we're kind of like talking back and forth, and and you know, he had mentioned he was like, you know, this team's really good at getting to the second level. And I went back and I watched it again, and I said, oh, my goodness, they get to that second level. And that has been the struggle for the Cowboys defensively. They they that offense recreates a line of scrimmage, and they get such a surge that they get to that second Those guys get off those blocks and get to those linebackers so fast.
Speaker 5: Like they are.
Speaker 6: It's it's like, you know, it's you know, it's coached, but there feels like it's an emphasis for them to get off those initial blocks and you know, whatever those combo those dual blocks get off, make them get off of them. If he don't get if he can't handle it, we'll deal with that. You gotta get to the next level. And they get to the next level, that second level so well, and I just think about our team and how we struggle with that. And those backs. They are physical, they are fast, they got good vision, and when they see a crease, they don't play around with it. When they see the crease, they hit it, and it is hit at one hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 5: And I could just see.
Speaker 6: Them lasting through one of those creases, hit their head the goal post. I would be honestly, I would be shocked. I would be shocked if they didn't rush for two hundred yards.
Speaker 4: This was a writing This was a writing question by Kurt.
Speaker 3: What would be a good day for the Cowboys run defense if they hold him under Kurt's at one hundred and fifty, you said you'd be shocked if they don't hit What do you what would be a good day for our defense to give a one hundred and fifty one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 6: Is that the number one hundred and fifty over that you're in touchdowns, that's a good day.
Speaker 5: That's a good day.
Speaker 4: Okay, carry on, Kurve.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm just like Nate.
Speaker 6: I don't you know, listen, I got a Pro Bowl offensive lineman here, Like, what do you see when you watch this online, every short.
Speaker 8: Every show I've done, people say, well, they'll start out talking about the why I receivers. I say, everything's predicated on the offense from line, Yes, start I talking about the running back. Everything's predicated on the office and lie, well, you know, everything is predication on offensive line. They offensive line is dominant. They are dominant, and they are dominant, and the coach does not, Like you can tell if one of them backs come up there doing all this right there, he probably won't play no more because they all coming downhill. And what Jesse said is true. When you got backs that's coming downhill with speed, they're expecting for a hole to be there. So they're telling that initial guy who's sitting the block, if I'm coming to help you, I got to put all I got into that for a split second, and I'm going up to the next level. So you got to get your head in the proper position, whether you got to reach up under their grounds from crawling jerk them, or whether you run them on straight across. Because that guy coming straight downhill. And when they go outside, they go outside with a vengeance. They ain't trying to mope around and see they going outside with a vengeance. So I'm with you. They are to me, they ask me this other show, what is your key to the game. We got to stop their offensive.
Speaker 6: Mind if you you want me to do a full one eighty and be impressed with this defense.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, stop this run game.
Speaker 6: You stopped this, You stopped this offensive line and this run game.
Speaker 5: I'm on board.
Speaker 4: What what would what would impress you? One is what they need to do. What would impress you? What would make you think, say, okay, around one hundred and twenty, Yeah, they keep them around one hundred hundred, then we'll come in here on Monday and be like, okay, if.
Speaker 6: They if they keep this, if they keep this rushing attack from Detroit under one hundred and twenty rushing yards.
Speaker 4: Your boys, lunch one.
Speaker 8: You're coming anyway.
Speaker 5: You can pick your places. You can pick your place.
Speaker 6: And this is not this is not like me trying to pooh pooh on the Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 6: It's I'm looking at where we are deficient and you're down two of Yeah, you can get Bland back all you want.
Speaker 5: Fine, that's cool.
Speaker 6: He's not gonna affect the game like it's not you you have to now prove to me, Masie, you got to prove to me now, lynn Vell, that y'all really.
Speaker 8: Want to play footballs.
Speaker 6: Like y'all really want to play football, because you're about you about to face and I'm I'm not in their locker room.
Speaker 5: I've been in a lot of locker rooms.
Speaker 6: If you think that that that Dan Campbell is not telling them jokers, we are going to.
Speaker 14: Bleep bleep their kneecasts like he is, like we are going like he's gonna try to leave no doubt, like he's not gonna allow I know what happened last year.
Speaker 6: And and well we can talk offensively for the Cowboys, they're gonna need a They're gonna need another one of those.
Speaker 5: Offensive need to stay in this game.
Speaker 6: They are They're gonna need another one of those ceedee lamb two hundred and twenty seven yards, a couple of touchdowns, Dak willing to deal, You're gonna need You're gonna need every bit of that and probably some more to stay in this football game. I just have a gut feeling that they are coming in here. It is going to be physical from go. It is going to be they They got New Orleans and they got Baltimore. They're not worried about that. They're like, we don't we don't play we don't play the Giants. We don't play like Pittsburgh. We play like these two teams. And they're watching those games and they're saying, we can do and you down Micah and you down Tank and you down Marshaw.
Speaker 4: Kneeling and we're better offensive line wise, and.
Speaker 6: We're better like like Taylor Decker, Uh, Frank rag now us mess that.
Speaker 5: I've got it. I'm like Nate Marrafiu.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to throw you. Yeah, mistake.
Speaker 5: I'm like, get out, my boy, Jesse. Yeah, this is this defense.
Speaker 6: If you want to impress me and to have me do a complete one eighty, you're gonna have to You're gonna have to bow up.
Speaker 5: You're gonna have to bow up.
Speaker 3: This week PFF had, according to Kurt Kirk's Favorite website, has their O line ranked second in the league and four of their five linemen or ranked top ten at their position.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you, I'm telling you.
Speaker 6: They there's gonna be about four fifteen yard four or five fifteen plus yard runs in this They're gonna have.
Speaker 3: Four or five yards four or five rushes longer than our longest rush from scrimmage one game.
Speaker 8: Okay, these guys play with such great leverage today. They can actually throw you on the ground if you get off on one foot trying to you know, they can actually throw you on the ground. They play with great average and great confidence.
Speaker 4: What does great leverage mean?
Speaker 8: What do you mean I can get up underneath you. It's like when the guys are down and on all fours and the guy who gets up underneath pad level gets lower. Yeah, and see, the one of the biggest issues ex protest is not that Mazie always has laid off the snap, is that he will come up high off the snap. You come up how off this guy?
Speaker 4: You know telling backwards?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're gonna go. You're gonna go for a ride, and by the time you feed hit the ground, you're gonna be having that lineback and run down, you know. Kurt.
Speaker 4: Before we get out of here, you made a little note here.
Speaker 3: Patrick had a really good story up about Jordan Lewis on the website.
Speaker 9: He did did a nice job, talked about his injury and how bad his foot injury was. It just shattered it crazy and then just kind of that intensity he brings to the team, even though he's a little guy.
Speaker 6: Maybe I feel like we talked about that about Jordan Lewis. Don't we give Jordan Lewis some love on the show?
Speaker 8: Always?
Speaker 9: Yeah, but he's he's kind of becoming up. I'm sure feisty.
Speaker 5: I love George. I love Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: I like.
Speaker 6: Those players play in Detroit. Jeorde Lewis is from Detroit.
Speaker 8: Like I.
Speaker 5: I like the fight that Jordan Lewis brings, like he is.
Speaker 3: He's gonna bring it this game too, with them playing, oh yeah, playing the lines.
Speaker 6: Not only that, if you go back, if you look on the line him and Amara Saint Brown, Amara said something and off he's like many that got cat from from Dallas. Jorge Lewis, Man, he was talking crazy. And then they asked Jordan Lewis about it, and he's like, man, I don't really remember, but if it was something disrespectful, then I probably said it.
Speaker 5: Said again again, Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Go look at sounds from the sideline this week? Yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 6: So you can you can you can best believe there's gonna be a little bit of a game. And even I said it quickly even even Trayvon was on micro podcast and the clip came up and he was talking about, you know, uh, how Jeorde Lewis was getting in with with George Pickens from Pittsburgh and and Tremon was like, yeah, man, he's like I was telling him, like, bru, how you get into with him? I'm guarding him. He's like, how y'all get into it? You ain't even guarding him. I'm guarding him. So like Jeorde louis just a little He's just a little pit bull man. He want to fight wherever he's at.
Speaker 3: Want If you ever met him, he's the most low key, just chill. He not high strung, just really laid back dude. And you see him on the field, you're like he's a psycho.
Speaker 8: He's like, you know what, it's all well and good. We need to get off the air.
Speaker 4: It's all well and good.
Speaker 8: Y'all talking about this dude that's standing like thirty five yards away. You better deal with these dudes up front. They got like.
Speaker 4: Four, we got some got some.
Speaker 3: Actually send him to cheer for the Defense this week to get free food. All right, Jesse, good stuff, man, Chris, get us your your.
Speaker 4: Top five buffets. Tomorrow.
Speaker 8: That'll be good.
Speaker 4: Uh, that'll be a good thing to do tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Nate, thank you, Kurt, thanks for all the stats. Josh Jazz, thanks for keeping Chris company in the back. We will be back tomorrow, same time, same place.
Speaker 8: I thought.
Speaker 4: I thought I thanked him first, and then yeah, he took a little Yeah.
Speaker 3: We are.
Speaker 1: It's has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.