Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment.
Speaker 2: Please, Sam's America?
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Washington, DC? Is ready?
Speaker 3: I see, Virginia is ready, America health is ready.
Speaker 1: The teachers out for summer are ready.
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: NORSEA, that's just South Carolina ready?
Speaker 1: Will you feel? Steve g n H two and Die ready said.
Speaker 5: We're here every day, baby.
Speaker 3: So Coola's ready, Pine Ridge is ready?
Speaker 1: What Pennsylvania's reading? Look at the Gulf of America. Everybody down there is ready. Nobody say I'm ready.
Speaker 3: It is show one hundred Ready, Union City, Tennessee, Union, Mississippi. And Jasper, Alabama and says, hey, bird Kay Burge, I'm ready for.
Speaker 1: One hundred shows.
Speaker 3: On a new day, The Rick Burgess Show, celebrating and grateful for the past, but jacked and excited about the present and the futures.
Speaker 1: Uh so we will.
Speaker 3: I mean, we have finished show one hundred, but to day is a show one hundred. So I'd like to say to my brothers in here, happy one hundred, Well, thank you Rick, Happy one day, happy work.
Speaker 6: Happy one hundred, Thank you man keeping it one hundred up in here, Yes.
Speaker 3: Right, one hundred percent, happy one hundred, mister.
Speaker 6: Jin And I see that we all dress like one hundred year olds like the kids do on day one hundred, you know, correct. Oh yeah, I feel like I'm a thousand years old.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 6: My bones sound like a rocket chair bones.
Speaker 1: My bones.
Speaker 3: You know, the days are running so hard us We've got a lot going. Let's face it, we're the hardest working men.
Speaker 1: In the business.
Speaker 6: We work hard.
Speaker 1: We're the hardest working men in the business.
Speaker 6: Really work hard.
Speaker 1: How about yesterday?
Speaker 3: Of course it's sixty, a little different than when I was running this heart at thirty. Uh, yesterday I made the decision I've never had this happen before, that I was too tired for rehab.
Speaker 1: You don't have it anyway.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, share, she says, Rick, please start calling that physical therapy. Yeah, yeah, right, You're not in rehab okay anymore anymore? Uh So? Uh the uh?
Speaker 7: I did?
Speaker 1: I called in?
Speaker 3: I said, I'm canceling, Like, what's up? I said, I'm just too tired.
Speaker 1: You can't do it.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't give you two hours, can't hold my shoulder. I got to get home. And then, of course now I wish i'd have gone. But that's fine.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, physical therapy, will it is depending on what they got you doing.
Speaker 3: Two hours. It is workout, it's too long. You could even hurt yourself. None of it is absolutely and there's nothing fun about it. It'll be different if somebody says, how about a two hour Swedish Massan, But.
Speaker 1: That ain't what that is sweating and ground.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's horrible and everybody everybody's hurting you, everybody's hurting. So we we do have a lot to unpack today. Vox seats will feel Burgess Ball Battle. I'm actually wearing the Burgess Ball T shirt. I love this shirt that it's a good shirt. So it's of course a red and shouts at you.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: Speaking of that, somebody just asked on the text if I wore the same shirt every day, I will do that, but I have more a lot this color. You have this similar, different shirt, similar style. I have like five of the four or five of one style that I wear.
Speaker 1: They're different colors, so they're right about that.
Speaker 3: But your colors are not extreme enough. Your colors are too close.
Speaker 6: You're going blue, gray, light gray, vault.
Speaker 3: Now this is what the least a bunch of shirts. Now this and this is the older one, by the way, that's underarm.
Speaker 1: I need a spreadsheet because sometimes sometimes we'll get behind it on laundry. But then sometimes, buddy, let me tell you something, Depending on the schedule, we'll we'll we'll turn around quick and I forget what I wore. I do tell I'm like, wait a minute, why is this? When did I wear that?
Speaker 3: At two thirty? And I'm looking in the claws and I really don't care? That's clean?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Are you surprised?
Speaker 6: Thirty pm?
Speaker 1: Really right, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: I've never seen you care ever. I've never once saw you care what you had on like some time, because if you do care, we got to talk about your care.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, if you're if you thought.
Speaker 3: You were excited about that, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: Aaron wants everybody to know My wife wants everybody to know that she does occasionally buy me nice clothes. But I keep picking up the wolf shirt. It's on me. It's my fault.
Speaker 8: Did you wear that again?
Speaker 6: I wore the wolf shirt this week?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Smoothie King he pulls out shirts when he brings out a Smoothie King. The first time I saw it, I thought, why would he tattoo Smoothie King on herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, remember shirt when you wore the Wolf T shirt. I remember, I think it was two days ago because you were holding court nearing the break one time, and he had he had his hands on his hips and he was, I mean, was just bringing it. I said there, and he's wearing he forgot he had a wolf shirt.
Speaker 6: I wanna step up. I'm gonna step up my game. I'm gonna pick up one of these bad boys right here.
Speaker 3: Similar to that shirt. And I can't seem to get the cut of our T shirts right. Once I got one of my thoughts. They run a little small. Apparently this one runs a little big. But that's okay.
Speaker 6: What's a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna got you sleep shirt though I can't get it right.
Speaker 1: Do we have the same? Did you give me that size? Because I have no mine's here? No you want to. I went up the size and I shouldn't the stone because I haven't put it on yet. It's news stone. But then you can, Yeah, we got here. It's not mine. You want your mind, it's not that too big. Well, it's comfortable, dude, like y'all do, like y'all did with the Kicker. When you talked about that looks a little big is okay, just a little big. It's a little big washed like the sleeves.
Speaker 6: It sleeves a little pee wee football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pee wee football.
Speaker 3: And I don't like the neck it looks at about what about this? What if I wear yours on the show? But I take this home and wash it and then yeah whatever that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh wow, a lot of in you know, you know when they win the super Bowl and they put the T shirt over their shoulder pads, that's an executive.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm putting a black T shirt on I'm wearing for the podcast.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 3: I wanted to wear the Burgess ball shirt so bad too, That's it.
Speaker 1: That's wait are you serious?
Speaker 6: Are you look on a serious video podcast today? Yeah, but you're gonna wear their Burgess?
Speaker 3: No, No, I got another shirt. I was gonna wear this for the show and that for the podcast.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the show, Rick, explain what Burgess is.
Speaker 3: And then here's right. Do you know the reason why I didn't do it? Because it's about the book may don't run in the rain. I've done well, I've done a lot of them, and which I'm I'm grateful that anybody. Everybody cares absolutely, But in the in the book continues to just be great.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: But I thought to myself, I'll wear it because it's about dad, who is Bill Burgess. And people did say that his style of football was Burgess ball and the Burgess Boys. But then I realized it has a basketball, and that's and and that's going to confuse the guy who's interviewed me.
Speaker 1: So this is so tired on him. Yeah. Hey, by the way, I just went out to the truck to get that for you. Why does it smell like breakfast outside? I don't know it? God smells good. Can you smell? Can we smell edgars from here? Do you think?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 6: I wonder if we could smell the restaurants.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it is. It smells.
Speaker 6: Family, showy, family.
Speaker 1: Shirtless show.
Speaker 3: It's not scared of going shirtless. He went total naked.
Speaker 1: But let's see. Yeah, hey, Greg says, say that one was too little tight? Rick, a little tight? That is better.
Speaker 3: Yeah you go better get your arms up seeing run the faders.
Speaker 1: That is better. And yeah it's better. Does look better? You know what?
Speaker 3: Like you just one f C Championship game, I can tell you and I got problems. I'm sure. Hey, look, I'm sure you didn't get to watch the documentary.
Speaker 1: Don't put that kind of on me. On me, what if we just went I asked. I throw it back to Bud neked Friday Red.
Speaker 3: You took the shirt office say a show one hundred celebrate right, you did one on the same shirt I wore allway.
Speaker 1: It's the same color. Its great beating me up about it.
Speaker 3: By the way, if we all don't go shirtless on one, are we yea well?
Speaker 4: Run?
Speaker 1: Bask good?
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: So you have you got plans for the weekend. I know, Memorial Day weekend coming up. Let me tell you what would be a great idea. Go see the Last Rodeo. The Last Rodeo. I'm loving this. Uh, it's it's about you know. Hey, I'm an older rodeo guy and I gotta do one last ride. Gonna be the oldest guy to ever do it. Got gotta help my grandson out. It's a great movie. It's from our friends at Angel Studio. They've cranked out some good ones. Sound of Freedom was fantastic, Homestead, King of Kings. Now it's the Last Rodeo if you'd like to go ahea and get your tickets, and tickets are selling fast. Let's face it, it's hard. When's the last time you saw a really good movie that you didn't have to feel like I wish that hadn't been in it. But then you have people going, hey, it's a great movie, it's family, family friendly, and then you go watch and you're like, that wasn't very good. Uh, this is actually a great movie.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And it's trying to win your support on its merit and you will love it. It's raw, heartfelt. Might even call you cause you get a little misty maybe, So go to angel dot com slash rick get your seats now for the last Rodeo in theaters starting today today today today in theaters now. So that's Angel dot com slash Rick this weekend, go out and see the last Rodeo.
Speaker 1: You'll love it.
Speaker 4: Let's go America.
Speaker 1: Everybody ready, all right?
Speaker 4: So text nation.
Speaker 1: Is Rick wearing a mum moo.
Speaker 11: Thanks?
Speaker 1: Hey guys.
Speaker 3: On Show one hundred, I decided to go shirtless. Now my wife's left and the dog through up.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot.
Speaker 3: Uh so a couple of things. Uh, Greg Ward's the same shirt. We've already covered that, all right, So yeah, all right. People also asking about these various podcasts and speed he's been talking to them. Hey, Rick, still not your episode of Men in the Arena this morning. I wonder if they're gonna wait for Father's Day like some of the others. Maybe maybe a lot of these that I'm doing that involve, you know, men things, man. I think that a lot of them are pushing those episodes to the week of Father's Day. That that could we know that the art of manliness for sure. Yesterday I was on with the what is It About Your Brain? With the neurosurgeon and Lee Warren something about brain self brain surgery.
Speaker 1: So that was very sounds.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: You talk about a great guy. I really enjoyed hanging out one. Yeah, that doctor Lee Warren. Yeah, and is that what is called the self brain surgery podcast? Let me tell you, that's what a great guy. I really enjoyed meeting doctor Lee. Doctored Lee so so that that interview was to be being the over greet. Whenever you sign on and y'all are saying hate each other, I kind of want to stay stick around and say hey to him because but he looked real nice, super nice man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then I kind of back out of the room and and you know what I appreciated, you know, unlike Beck, but you know what I appreciated. And I kidded him about that too, which is perfectly fine. And I've been as guilty of it as anybody, because sometimes there's just not any time I enjoy being on shows that have.
Speaker 1: Actually read the book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, those interviews go a lot better because you think because and doctor Lee had.
Speaker 1: Read every bit of it and knew the book very well.
Speaker 6: So that's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And what am I doing today? Mainly with Andy?
Speaker 1: Yes, today today you are on with Manly with Andy podcast about thirty minutes of an interview and it airs live on k t I s f M in Minneapolis, Saint Paul, Minnesota. The podcast reaches a ton of people, these podcasts, good night, tons of they have tons and and a lot of them there, yeah, a lot of them recorded, you know, and to your point in canum and then just in wait and delay and they come out later. But I did get confirmation with Sean Hannity that you're going to be on the thirtieth, which is next Friday, on his show, by the way, in this radio show, looking forward to that. Good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, the it's real that I'm on the seven hundred Club, isn't it. Yes, it is on in June, June tenth. I'm going on June tenth, on the eleventh.
Speaker 1: Am I going to be?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't laugh at that. You're gonna be. I guess yes, you have shirt. You're actually it's gonna and and just heads up to the staff. Uh, you're going to be on location the tenth and and come to us live for a few hours, uh from from there, and then we'll finish out the show without you.
Speaker 3: Where am I going?
Speaker 1: Where is that? I think it's in right, Okay, all right, mean Virginia meet Virginia. So it's on the bot going on.
Speaker 3: Let me let me just tell you because I went to see our friends at Ironhill Press, uh yesterday. They're all realizing that right now, and the book is moving really well. And no surprise there because Greg and I and all of us that that new dad. Uh Dad is an intriguing individual. No, he's always good content.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And they realized that because even though I've done a lot of interviews only this show, only Glenn Beck and only Fine bamb have actually aired correct and so all all of this is just from that. And still to come are these giant podcasts that have not dropped yet. Hannity hasn't happened yet, Seven hundred Club hasn't happened yet, and they're kind.
Speaker 1: Of like, Wow, yeah it's here, we go. Yeah, and it's but that's good. That's that's a good problem to have. I got an email last night. I didn't know how to answer this because you've probably said it, but I just went and listening. When is do you what do they feel like? It's the deadline for a Father's Day signed copy if you want that as a gift for Father's Day? When's the devil? You're talking about?
Speaker 3: Reality or Daredevil? Bradford? Daredevil?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Less, because Less can do anything. He's good. Let me tell you.
Speaker 3: Less is that you talk about somebody that makes it happen, which I had less. Bradford is more?
Speaker 1: Yes, is more?
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 1: Father's Day is the fifteenth, the Father's Day of Jane of June. I put it this way.
Speaker 3: I've signed three times. Every time I've signed, it's spent over three between three and four hundred books.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 3: So, and they said when I left yesterday, as I was leaving, orders are coming in. So we still are not going. We're still not caught up, and that's fine. I'll just keep going whatever I need to. I don't know that answer, but I would think it would make sense to me. Probably the Monday of Father's Day would probably be the cutoff.
Speaker 1: I would think ninth of June. What y'all think? Yeah, right to my maybe let's go seven hundred club is the deadline. That's but speedy, Well, you can't wait to I mean, that's the tenth. And so that's the Tuesday of the week of Father's Day. Okay, And once again, when's Father's Day? The fifteenth of June, I think, is what I have on my calendar, unless that is right fifteenth of Junior.
Speaker 3: Also, remember, if you don't care about getting a sign copy, that's great, no problem at all.
Speaker 1: Just you can get it the book anywhere. Correct.
Speaker 3: If you care about the sign copy, you got to use the links on our websites, but you also have to click the right link.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: When you click on what we have on our website, two links come up. Just buy it directly from us or buy a sign copy, and the sign copy is the red hyperlink. It literally says in red.
Speaker 1: Click here for sign copy.
Speaker 3: So therefore there, but you can't like go to Amazon and get a sign copy and you can't click the link that isn't the one that says sign copy.
Speaker 1: But but when you click the link, there's just one link that comes up. It's just in big red letters that Adler shows. There is another thing you click inside that that says for a signed copy click here, and it's it's pretty obvious. So just make sure you see this. Make sure you send red bold letters all caps. Click here for his Signfather's Day edition.
Speaker 9: There.
Speaker 1: If you don't, then the funnies. That's what he's doing.
Speaker 3: The funniest thing yesterday was talking to customer service and they claimed that we had a listener that absolutely claimed they clicked the right link and they got their book and it wasn't signed, and of course, of course they didn't, and and they went as far as to accuse Ironhell of changing their order. And iron Here is like, well, why would we know there's such a great benefit, why would we change your order? Yeah, and and so that let's not let's be reasonable, and so so y'all's dad. He was big with common sense. So when we talk about not running in the rain, there's common sense there. Okay, we've kind of broke it down car with it. I was with doctor Dudney day before last. I had my cleaning that I try to stay on schedule with, and so we went in and then after I did, I did the six months cleaning and we we'll sit around and shoot the bull and all that.
Speaker 1: He said, like, I do have a question. So my grandson's playing, he's in right field, there's a fly ball, it's raining. Can he run and go catch it? Of course he was joking, of course, but I hear I hear that a lot. You know sports running the rain. If you got your your your family and you're trying to get him in the car and there's there's lightning and wind and rain coming in, of course you can run and get them in. But I think it's more of the breakdown. Like Greg said yesterday, it comed Yeah, it's common sense. He was like, don't think too much about it. But we did have that one there was a kid that didn't run the first base. First base that was the Dad nights because it was raining. Well that was the dad night walking. The dad didn't explain you got to walk. It probably didn't funny. What if I clicked sign book and I wanted an unsigned book? Where the good news on that one? The good news on that text nation is there there's three blank pages in the front of the book. So just take that page that I signed and just tear it out. Yeah, and then your book will be fine. So June ninth is the deadline. Les Bradford has spoken, June ninth is the deadline to order a sign copy. I knew it for it to get there up, my father. You try to get us through seven hundred club, Well that's the tenth that was the day off.
Speaker 3: If you somebody can you can you order multiple books at one time with a click to sign copy of red Button. Yeah, however many you order, if you clicked the red sign here, they'll all be signed.
Speaker 1: So you just click it.
Speaker 3: That means you've now entered the sign book world and get as many as you want and they'll all be signing. Okay, we'll be mad. At bottom of the hour, dreg and I wanted to watch the documentary last night, didn't get to.
Speaker 2: The This is the Rick Burgess Show. Simply outworking the competition The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: Come on, NICKI, come on, you got you got to be able to work, and we got a lot going on, you know what we say, Bring it on, Bring it on.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of irons in the fire. We don't know any other way.
Speaker 3: Hey, we juggle a lot of plates and another one. We're moving forward on show one hundred today of a new era, The Rick Burgess Show. And thank you all for being with us. Do you want to point out that it is possible that if you are like us and we were just discuss it, either you or someone you love, stepping over the traditional tub is now taking your life or your body into your own hands. Nobody wants to get injured trying to get in and out of a tub. So say hello to our friends in Tennessee safe step walk in tubs. You're gonna save sixteen hundred dollars right now. They can transform any bathtub from an area of concern to a calming refuge. Sixteen hundred dollars off. We're even gonna get you a little little gift that goes with that as well, So so don't miss that you're gonna you're gonna get a free shower package too, So one eight hundred nine five six twelve twenty for a free no obligation consultation. And by the way, Tennessee beat Texas yesterday in the SEC Baseball tournament, so they're probably in a great mood today. You might even get something else. Yeah, so why don't you contact them? I go into Rick Burgess show dot com. You'll see their phone number and all their information under sponsors too, but the number again to get this handled. They usually get the work done in one day. By the way, one eight nine five six twelve twenty for safe step walk in tubs. So last night you got to watch this stuff, especially if you're like us, if you ever get a chance to sit down with your wife unlike Adler, you know, we're all empty nesters, so for us it happens more often than probably for him.
Speaker 6: Well, you guys have conversations with your wife. We do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty coold.
Speaker 3: We'll even sit down and watch something on TV as just two adults.
Speaker 6: You guys, a time, did you guys eat standing up like in the kitchen because you can't sit down?
Speaker 3: Okay, those days are over, those days of coming gone, that's right, must be nice, speedy and Greg might have a grandkid come through every now and then, but that's about it.
Speaker 1: But that's okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a sprint not a marathon in that situation.
Speaker 3: So Greg and I'm sure a lot of the nation, you and I it worked out, especially since I decided that I just had to end end the day. Got home, Sherry had some dear friends of our friends of ours over with with with her kids. One of our friends Sherry's friends, and and so they left and got at the tail end of that. Got to see them though, So that was kind of cool. And we get ourselves a little dinner, and then we sit down and I realized we're now sitting down in front of the television, and I make a bold move. I said, I like to watch Earnhart documentary. Silence mm hmmmmm. Then I heard that little voice from Sherry. I said, you got a problem with watching three? You might just want to watch that on on your own. You get some free time. I'm not really into to racing, but.
Speaker 1: I said, it's not.
Speaker 3: It's not about racing, it's about it's about their Earnhart probably the best ever do that. I said, what about the best there ever was. And then I got and dies tragically on the track. Right, man, what kind of storyline you got right now? You didn't get? I got a weird alternative that that we both She was trying to find a place we both could land, but I couldn't do it. She said, oh, well, I noticed there's a Brett far Of documentary and I said, baby, I can't. I can't go there, and she goes, well, I can watch them about football, I said, about racing it is about And I said I don't want to. I don't watch the bread thing. And she said that's weird. Why don't you want to watch it? I said, said I don't want to, and and then she clicked on the preview, and of course you know what they got on the preview, the incident with the Jets. Yeah, I thought, but once she saw that, she saw and I said, see this, don't I said, let's don't. Let's don't go there. I said, that's any way in the past, yes, and uh and one side I said he and his wife worked through that. Well, I can't, I said, see there, that's why we can't watch it. Baby can't watch it, and she goes, so, you don't. I can't watch it. I said, it's either three or nothing for me to not as far as documentaries are concerned. And I couldn't. I couldn't go with it, I just said, And I almost started, but I've been going all day. I almost made a bold move. Well, I'm just going in another room watch it on the TV.
Speaker 1: But I just I didn't know. I went, it's the same boat. I thought at listad be all about it. She didn't even act like, oh no, I'm not you watch that by yourself? Why what's the what was her pushback on it? She just not interested? I said, how are you?
Speaker 12: And not?
Speaker 3: I said, isn't it great? Watch the race and then a race. It's a documentary story about it. It's a documentary about an interesting person ship family.
Speaker 1: And did they have a trailer? Yeah, it's awesome. Did she see the trail? Didn't have any effect on her? Good gracious? Some people are how many serious episodes? Text Nation? Three episodes?
Speaker 3: I saw text Nation. One guy said he'd assumed it was a guy. Now after our experience, Uh watch two episodes, says we're gonna love it?
Speaker 1: Is it three episode total? It looks like there's even it out, and the other two come out on May twenty ninth. According to Tech Nation, Here's somebody.
Speaker 3: I got to watch forty five minutes of the Dell Earn heart biography last night.
Speaker 1: Greg's going to be It's going to be awesome. I believe so. But I wasn't ready.
Speaker 3: I thought that our wives were usually up for any interesting documentary, interesting shows behind person shows, their family and right where they came from. And like I say, the ending of this wow traumatic. I know, but okay, you know what makes I'll find it this week and I'll find a way this week.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: I know her, if she watched it, she would like it. I think Sherry would have liked it too. I think Sherry would have liked it too. And I almost played the card.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 3: I watched those those shows about houses. I don't even know what they are, the people wanting the houses, and then then I don't know if I can. I think I'm going to sell this house today. Oh no, I didn't. And you haven't seen the ones when they're own their pick houses on the lake. They'll show them not three or four and they pick one.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that.
Speaker 3: What's the one where the person fixes up the house that you wanted to sell and then you walk.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of love it or listed that's it. Yeah, and no one ever listed.
Speaker 3: And that I always love, always love it when somebody made it, like yeah, somebody cleans it up and reminds you, like why am I movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The poor guy, I mean he's trying to he's trying to find a new house, and.
Speaker 6: Then that lady just runs all over him the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you what you need.
Speaker 3: That's not an that's that's head injury guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all that is. So I don't know. I wanted to watch it so bad to look at there Rick.
Speaker 3: Some of her the great point. Tell him about the family aspect. Hey, they wanted to Ernie his love and all that because he was tough.
Speaker 1: He was tough. Here's what I would would. Well, you got to watch Sherry.
Speaker 3: If there's somebody acting badly, I mean from a from a character standpoint, she'll turn on him.
Speaker 1: The way he treated his family.
Speaker 3: Okay, babe, here we go. Best drib ever. Well, I'm sure he regretted, and you get to see him come to grit.
Speaker 1: Let me, Yeah, get better. Something I've tried with Terry is I'm like, okay, give it, give this maybe thirty minutes, and and if you still aren't end and we'll we'll, I'll stop it and just finish it off by myself. And I think, to y'all's point, your wives would like it and just say, hey, let's get it going. And if you're if you still feel this way, then I'll just tell you, because I think she would be off it.
Speaker 3: I know her, and I know she would like the same. I agree with you, Sherry loves a good storyline. Yeah, I didn't. I probably was tired and didn't do a good job of setting it up.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't ready for her to throw the Brett Farve option on me so fast it kind of threw me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then her shock if you don't want to watch that?
Speaker 1: I thought that. I thought that was our compromise on. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't watch it, just can't. It just seems so I can't get a series anyway. They never give you enough. It's like The Man and the same Steve McNair, I watched.
Speaker 7: The Mad.
Speaker 1: Yes, and they leave you wanting more.
Speaker 3: Untold looks like it's a documentary series by on Netflix, and they hired the laziest people at Netflix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna do it, and we got an hour and that's all.
Speaker 3: Somebody somebody says, we never really finished the story. Yeah, it starts out so good and then the end was like, really they have you locked in thinking I'll go a season with this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and then they just quit. Yes, Steve McNair thing, I'm like, why.
Speaker 6: Also, untold, that's a lazy title for the Brett Favre document.
Speaker 1: It's like they threw that together like the conference.
Speaker 3: In the conference, somebody said, I don't know, we haven't that'll work.
Speaker 1: But in that untold, that's part of That's what the series is, is untold. But this, yeah it is.
Speaker 3: But but there's nothing I told. Okay, but they also know that tell us. They also don't tell us anything that's not told.
Speaker 6: It's been told is what it should be called.
Speaker 3: They rush it, Yes, they rush it, Greg, and then they and then they rush it like and then just you going, okay, y'all doing pretty good.
Speaker 1: They're like, yeah, we're done, and he lived happily. Ever after you what you didn't in this with what happened? Yeah, yeah, okay, she killed him, killed herself. But this other guy. There's a lot of suspicion there. I know it done.
Speaker 3: I know it seems I know it seems odd. But when it comes to things like documentaries, I actually want to know more details I do. I want it to be I wanted to be so many part series. I don't want it to be an hour. Now, somebody's talking to me. I need you to get to the point. But if I'm watching a documentary and I think Untold thinks I wanted nutshell, I really don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't you're going to watch a nutshell.
Speaker 6: I want to watch the untold on the liver king.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's gross. Watch some of that, did you? Yes? It is really that guy.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 9: She was so full of it.
Speaker 6: And I was like, that guy is clearly on steroids, and everybody was like.
Speaker 4: No, he just.
Speaker 1: King, yeah, some of the stuff. He's also eating them over.
Speaker 11: The arrow.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to watch gross Rocky Mountain, Yes, exactly, Rocky mount I'm not going to watch that doctor that whatever.
Speaker 2: Hell, this is the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, the fight's not over. The fight's not over.
Speaker 1: I know. Look, we think, hey, we hey conservatives. Anything we want to do we're doing.
Speaker 3: Look, hey Trump, Oh that's great exciting, but it's not over. The Left's not just gonna lay down and say, hey, y'all come, we'll come out.
Speaker 1: Y'all got us. They're going.
Speaker 3: This is where they're They're gonna throw temper tantrums and rolling the floor and all kinds of stuff. Blaze TV exists to be sure in this world full of noise, that there's a stronghold for bold voices, free thinkers, fearless commentary. The helps make sense of all the chaos. The left loves chaos. See, you got to have a place at steadfast and that's Blaze TV. Investigative reporting documentaries that shed light onto the deep State. And it's available to you own demand on any device. It starts at eight dollars a month. So why don't you go right now use the promo code Rick at checkout because you need Blaze TV now more than ever. BlazeTV dot com slash Rick, We're gonna get you twenty dollars off the annual plan BlazeTV dot com slash Rick, Blaze TV Unfiltered, Unafraid and on demand, God.
Speaker 2: Fearing and America Loving The Rick.
Speaker 3: Burgess Show you America show one hundred of the Rick Burgess Show era one hundred shows in. So we'll review today kind of like you do a first one hundred days of a presidency. Things that we've you know, done, things that we tried, and and the things that are still to come. So we'll work on that throughout the show today while keeping you updated on what's going on. So a couple of things you need to know. Hello, tubers, how's everything with you? For those of you that go to the YouTube channel to enjoy the content there, there's a daily archive. There's a best of hour every day for Blaze TV subscribers. And you know, we've got tales from the Camp House, so this weekend should be there. Over the weekend, Episode three, the Burgess Bass Battle is all three of us, now four of us went to our own little bass tournament there at camp House and the Farm. That documentary, episode three coming out this weekend right now on the YouTube channel. Another interview from the show on location at the Celebrity pro am My conversation with Senator Tommy Tuberville is now on the YouTube channel. It joins the Barkley Saban conversation as well. So all of that is there. Strange Encounters will not get a new episode this weekend, but you can go catch up on the two episodes if you haven't already. That's the brand new podcast that we're doing with Blaze TV. It's available on the YouTube channel as well and also our podcast channel. All Right, so there's kind of your updates on things to expect going forward. And there will be another episode of Ricking Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold coming out this weekend. Should be episode twenty, I think nineteen or twenty coming out this weekend if you want to go back and enjoy the thirty one years of that wonderful era as well three decades of Radio Gold college football playoff format changing.
Speaker 1: We needed to We tried it about it, Yep, it was.
Speaker 3: We threw some things out there. I can't believe. I agree with Greg. It was underwhelming and I was super excited. It really was, and I couldn't have been more excited about it. I caught myself fading John.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, yes we did, if you believe it.
Speaker 3: About halfway through were like, yeah, I think we worried too much about, you know, babying people, and we didn't care enough about can we just have the twelve best teams and let's.
Speaker 1: Go yeah yeah. But if you remember, it was the four highest ranked conference champions that got that were like got the highest seating or whatever, and it presented a lot of first round really duds. And then some of the better teams had to play in the first round instead of getting a buy and we're like, wait a minute, why is you know why they having to play right now? And the adjustment is the top four that get a buy are going to be the highest ranked teams. If you win your conference and all that's still in play, but you're not going to be ranked the seating it gonna be higher than somebody that's just really good.
Speaker 3: Beginning next season, the four highest ranked teams period will received the top four seeds in the playoff right period period, no matter if they want a conference or whatever. If they're ranked one through four, that will go. You remember, you had the power whatever you conferences that had the automatic right, and then you had the conference the smaller ones. I mean, we're gonna take the highest ranked yeah yeah, which was Boise and then but they got to buy because they were actually ranked higher than Clemson.
Speaker 1: That was the ACC champion and that how that happened. So they got to buy and they were you know what I'm saying, Yeah, yeah, it's just a mess. And but now I will say this, if they're going to this straight you know, seating model, which is what they need to do, at least they're making that adjustment. And we even said last year, hey, this might take a year or two kind of really find things up here, and so two them for at least changing it. Sure, I just can't explain why as it went on last year that I kind of lost interest. I don't know. I did too. I'm gonna go ahead and say it. I think it should be eight teams. There it is. It's too many. Yeah, there it is.
Speaker 3: After evaluating the first year of the twelve team Playoff, the College Football Playoff Management Committee felt it was in the best interest of the game to make the adjustment that we've just mentioned. Executive Director of the College Football Playoff Rich Clark said this change will continue to allow guaranteed access to the playoffs by rewarding teams for winning their conference championship, but it will also allow us to construct a postseason bracket that recognizes the best performance on the field.
Speaker 1: During the entire regular season. Yeah, so well, I think that that's I think they're kind of they're they're I guess, rewarding the conference champions which is what they wanted, But the regular season has to mean something too. You know, if you've ran the table and you're you had a really good regular season, and you're one of the top ranked four teams, then you getting a bye by the straight seating is I think I think.
Speaker 3: Anybody open to drop kicking the conference championships. What I was about to say, I thank y'all doing away with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: Now you don't need them now, you really don't just picky conference champion like you used to.
Speaker 1: Yep. And you know this because I end up playing the same team three times.
Speaker 3: Right, drop those because they really they almost feel like like you just said, they have a real unnecessary feel.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 3: I found myself with the conference championships last year, going okay, let's get onto the playoff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, let's get onto the playoff, right, you.
Speaker 3: Know, And then you got a team that might have a chance to win it, they're stuck in this extra game that they're going either way. Yeah, And then I played that team during the regular season, I play them in the championship game.
Speaker 1: Then I may play them again in the playoffs. Yeah, I see, we don't need that.
Speaker 3: And so anyway, but I will say this, as much as it pains me, in as much as I loathe the Buckeyes, never liked them, don't like them, they were the best team. Yeah they were, and they proved it, and they proved it on the field. That's a rigorous run. I don't care what seed you got, what road you got, that's a that's a tough road.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 3: They can't help it that that Oregon was highly ranked and they didn't match up well with Ohio State. You heard Saban say it in the interview that we had at the celebrity program. He said it best. He said, was it him or was it it was actually Jamie No, it was Kirby Smart. I'm sorry. Kirby Schmart said. Look, Ohio State, like you find with any playoff system, they were good all year. They had a bit of a stumble with Michigan, but when they hit that playoff they were hot. They got their act together and they were the hottest team and they were playing the best and they had incredible players. Yeah, and they were on the way and you deserved it.
Speaker 1: All four conference champions lost in the quarterfinals last year. And if you remember the new format, the new format were, if it was last year, would have had Oregon, Georgia, Texas, and Penn State. They all would have had first round bys instead. If you'll remember, Texas and Penn State had to play in the first round and they both won convincingly. They see what Texas beaked Clemson and then defeated Arizona State, who was the number four seed and had to buy because they won the Big twelve, and so all that'll change, but they were the eleventh. They were, they were eleventh in the country anyway. It's just you see what I'm saying. You had some of the higher ranked or lower ranked teams getting buys because they won the conference, and these other teams were.
Speaker 3: Like, what Arizona Greg, Why didn't I love the playoff more?
Speaker 1: I've been waiting.
Speaker 3: I've been waiting on in my whole life. I'm mad at myself for not enjoyed it more.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 6: Y'all were poo pooing on on the whole time.
Speaker 1: I was like, what are the ones I know?
Speaker 3: I don't know maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe I expected too much whatever that means.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what that means. I don't think I had enough great games. Now you know you're run about. I had a lot of games, but I didn't have a lot of good games, and that bothered me.
Speaker 6: There were a couple of good games, there were not many grades games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, tom of the hour, thanks for being with us on.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess Show, loaded with Kathy. I'm ready for another hour. This is the Kicking Show.
Speaker 3: Thank you America for being with us. Speedy, Greg Adler all here. Episode one hundred of the Rick Burgess Show era and we have had an action fact one hundred shows twenty weeks in. Enjoy the weekend coming up Memorial Day. We finally take some time off. We'll all do a three day weekend and hope all of you have a great weekend. If you're coming to see the Birmingham Stallions in the UFL, we think Calvin Speedy Wilburn will be there. What scheduled to be there two pm.
Speaker 1: Scheduled host in Michigan, scheduled to be there, So hope you make it. D don't get me all nervous we're going to get into that. We can. Let me see here. I want to I want to make sure of something real quick when it comes to the Stallions. So they have got Michigan and now they they they clinched a playoff game, so they got Michigan at two o'clock and I was just trying to see what network that was on, ABC, Fox. But anyway, we'll get into that. But yeah, and then it'll be the final home home game for the regular season.
Speaker 6: Sure, hope you don't miss the last game of the season.
Speaker 1: It's going to go Birmingham Stallions.
Speaker 3: Hopefully somebody that has a voice doesn't crack, so y'all go in there.
Speaker 1: So I'm trying to pull something off and it's making it's making everybody nerves.
Speaker 3: You're cutting it way too tight, man, it's tight. So you want to tell us you're trying to it will effect the vox eats today. Well, I'm a I'm a sneak out last hour. Thank you, Thanks to all you guys for allowing this to happen. And and the reason why, right, I mean.
Speaker 1: The box seats gonnet to see you at all that hour? Yeah, is that gonna be the smell on the way out.
Speaker 3: So you're I mean they only really get see for one hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll do We'll do Burgess ball. We're back in the that that first hour anyway for that at that times down and we'll but we'll button all that up. And and uh, I'm leaving a little early to catch a flight box seats.
Speaker 3: Don't worry, Greg and Ad and me will be here. Yeah we got you, uh for to get it right here on the hundred show.
Speaker 1: Wow, I can leave it now fifteen.
Speaker 3: So speedy is basically he'll be nine nine and a half right, ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Three quarters three quarters. But it's to get to Dallas.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: And where are you going to see the Dallas Stars play tonight in the NHL? Said hockey? Yeah, well I'm not big, but hockey player. I've tried. But you know j C is, I mean, I don't know why, but his his house up up there that that everybody lived in to have four four room, four guys total in nine dogs, thank you.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They adopted oh look at this Memorial Day travel underway. They adopted the Dallas Stars And boy, oh no, what's this? I didn't think about that current flight conditions and oh no, and so uh so anyway, so you know, part of his party, part of him, part of him graduating. And and I blame one of his roommates because he went to to uh the game the other night that they won. Uh, and there was fights, there was all kinds of stuff. But anyway, Uh, it just presented itself that tonight's an option. And so we started looking and entertaining ourselves that'd be fun. And I say, you know, I got that two pm game, uh Saturday for the Stallions, and you know, missing that's not an option. And I said, but but what if we flew over on Friday, went to the game, spent the night, and caught an early flight coming back and landed Saturday morning, and and I'm back for the Stallion's game.
Speaker 3: That sounds good on paper, Greg Ingablie, he's flying with Memorial.
Speaker 1: Do week well. And so I started looking at flights to Dallas, Spirit, Spirit Air No Son American Airlines. Uh, their their American Eagle, which is kind of like the Delta Connection. It's the smaller of the oh Rick. And then I've got Southwest and then Delta Connection that they they all they are the three airlines that go back and forth to Dallas a ton, so I started looking. It was all about time of the flights, not necessarily the airline. It was about what's on what's available, And a lot of flights were leaving in the afternoon and they weren't getting there till the puck drops, and so that well that we can't get a chance. But there's one flow that lefted like ten forty five and lands at twelve thirty, non stop, and that gives us time to get out and then go to the American Airline Center. It's got what times the games at seven and so so the the plan is is is to leave the show, get to the airport, fly at ten forty five, land, have lunch, check into the hotel, walk over to the arena, and go see that they're hosting Edmonton in Game two. Edmonton in Game two and they won Game one six to three. It was crazy in the third period what they were doing.
Speaker 3: Do you think he worried me yesterday trying to figure out what tickets she was going?
Speaker 1: Did he check?
Speaker 14: What he did?
Speaker 1: He did? Just like the food.
Speaker 3: I told him where I wanted to see it, and then he got upset where I wanted to.
Speaker 1: See it and I'm going to let him get you worked up.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes y'all think of conversation is worried.
Speaker 1: And y'all know, friends have conversations, you know, you know, friends have conversations like, hey, man, what do you think about these seats? Yeah, it's just a conversation, is all it is.
Speaker 3: If it feels not me worrying, y'all you with these conversations, it feels like your wife when they asked you what dress they should wear and you pick one and they picked the other one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what you do. Or you'll think it's settled and then you'll come, what about this never ending scenario? So I told I told j C. I said, all right, son, here's the deal, I said, And he's never flown before, Okay, he just he hasn't And so he's never flown.
Speaker 6: He's never been on an airplane.
Speaker 1: He's never Why you know.
Speaker 3: Why airplane tickets cost money?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: To think I gave you my t shirt today I thought would be workplace. You gave it to me because I gave it to you free, And now it's because I felt sorry for you. That shirt looks so big. I'm like, well, I can't have him looking so so I told jac I said, look we're going. I'm talking about low maintenance. And Terry decided not to go. And uh, I mean that wouldn't have been high maintenance. But anyway, gonna hear about that, I said, is Hobi going?
Speaker 14: He is?
Speaker 1: You don't lie. I know Hobi's on that plane.
Speaker 6: He's meeting them there.
Speaker 3: Now we couldn't go. He had a confidence Hoby's in this somewhere. Now Obi started liking hockey something now, so I.
Speaker 1: Said, look, here's the deal. We Whatever we wear to the airport is what we're wearing to the game. Minus. I think he might want to get a shirt or please put on and I said, so we don't need anything except something, you know, when we get back to the hotels, some shorts and T shirts whatever, and then we're flying back. Put the same jeans on you flew with there too. What about your drawer and maybe change his shirt? I said. So it's backpack, backpack, only a toothbrush and some deodorant and that's it. The shoes we're wearing, we're gonna wear back.
Speaker 3: I said, And that's kind of what a little graduation if some thank you graduate waited, good for you.
Speaker 1: Dad son trip graduation.
Speaker 3: Let me go with this, And I just want to be sure what he's you're you're what you're telling us all, Okay, I don't know if you've seen the forecast. You're you're telling me that you think you can go get on a commercial airline, not just any American, okay, And you're going to Memorial Day weekend with scattered thunderstorms and you're going to get on an American. Listen, you're gonna get on the American airline on Memorial Day weekend. And you think you're gonna fly and get to a hockey game in Dallas on time and get back to a two something kickoff for the Stallions in Birmingham.
Speaker 1: You really think that's gonna have been there one? Yeah? You talking about worrying somebody to death, y'all worrying me to death?
Speaker 6: Well, what time are you supposed to land outside?
Speaker 15: So?
Speaker 1: And I told Rick, And because you were looking at the prices, I said, y'all, don't call.
Speaker 3: Me cheap anymore. But no, there's no such thing as cheap tickets. Now, he tried, he gave me. He said, here's what I I think. I said, I think if you're going to have this much trouble. I'd like for your son to be able to see the team. Yeah, okay, let's at least get him close to the ice.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't be watching the jumbo trone during the game. If you get just watched it on TV, y'all would have a.
Speaker 3: Better experience if you just haven't go downstairs and watch it on your TV. Yeah, this is a waste of time.
Speaker 6: That's always so defeating when you get to an event and you're like, wow, so I can see better on the screen. All right, I guess I'm gonna watch the screen at this event.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yea, I hate that. So JC, you're welcome. American American Airlines they had the tip that the flight that timed down the best, so that's what we're going with. So we'll get back to the hotel Lord Willing and it's close to the arena, and so we'll go back and then get to the airport for a seven am flight to come back and land back in Birmingham at eight thirty am. And I chose that one because that gives me a lot of time if it's delayed or something like that, because I have to be at Birmingham Stadium for the Stallium.
Speaker 3: Great, let me see how you do it, because one of us are gonna have to do Birmingham Stallions. Birmingham a Stallion or I've got any He will be there anyway, Chris Woods. If you can't do it, Chris will step in and let Chris gouad.
Speaker 1: He's a pro. By the way, somebody see Chris Alight at every game that stallion. He works that. He works the main entrance coming in and out. He's like, hey, text nation with a good one. Rick, I've just read the book. Here's the question I asked you before the Stags tomorrow. Can you go.
Speaker 15: Go?
Speaker 3: So I gotta tell Sherry I got.
Speaker 1: To do the stage. I knew it.
Speaker 4: I gotta do it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, all right? So, uh, I have a star I D and so does j C. We both I and he has. He has a passport too, so we're good on that. But we're not taking both. We have both have star IDs. We've chosen because he's got to get here. Terry's gonna drop us off and pick us up. And I've given her all my stallion's clothes.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess show, doing what he was born to do the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us today. America box seats come up a little bit later on.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to that. Yeah, it's gonna be great. Versa.
Speaker 3: They won't see Speedy very long, but that's for an hour and then I'll slide out.
Speaker 1: I'll slide out and catch a all right, soil first time Jayson's flying.
Speaker 7: We're good.
Speaker 1: Didn't know that, So that'll be happening today.
Speaker 3: But another thing people are asking, since all your stallions close, your wife has those ready to go. If you don't make it, will Terry Wilburn be the hot person for the stallions.
Speaker 1: Yeah? When we left the break going to break, I said, she's got all my clothes, like she's gonna wear them and be the person, the stadium person. I think she might could pull it off.
Speaker 6: Stallion, show me your little link.
Speaker 1: Okay, we don't do that. Do that and we don't do that. That's that's a connected saucee.
Speaker 3: That was an old promotion from this year. Understood that.
Speaker 1: You know, when you're trying to make something fit right, they're a big advertiser. No, I'm just saying he's kind of funny. I show us your link, little lamp and then we hold up the kids.
Speaker 6: You hold up your kid.
Speaker 3: That's one of those I don't know how you got out of the conference run right, so if you're just joining, So he really wants to say that to the p A.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna be holding our kid, kid, So your kids your link. But there's some first in this. As I trying to move on. I've never been to a hockey game, not a not an n HL hockey game. Jac's never flown. It's Memorial Day weekend. There's a lot, there's a lot there. But the goal is we fly to Dallas, see the Stars play, fly right back. And I told him, I said, so this is going to be like I mean, we're we're going in for a mission. You might not even known if you weren't going to a Stars game, you wouldn't even know what city you're in. We're going from the airport to the hotel, to the game, back to the hotel, back to the airport, and we're home. We're not even gone twenty four hours. I'm in touch with that emotion. Yeah, and so I'm like, that's the way we got to think. And uh so that's the plan. I've never it isn't in this weird. I've never really used Uber. I've never not goodness of y'all or no. No, I mean I've gone places, but I've just never had to use Uber or lyft or anything like that. So I got into adler. I would like to my workplace best friend.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, he actually took the time that he didn't have and showed me a little bit about about Uber and and you know, logging in conversation. It was building questions, just the conversations all I'm gonna stop talking to y'all, and and and just he he kind of you know, just building the profile and kind of how it works, what's going on there. Uh and and so that was very helpful. So I we'll we'll just we'll just use you know, Uber, not having to rent a car because we're there so short period of time. Uber Uber runs pretty smoothly. Yeah. But I went ahead and I said, Okay, Terry, this is what I'm wear into the Stallion's game, from shoes to pants, to the Stallion's shirt, even to my credential. And I said, it's all hanging on right here minus the you know, and the shoes are right here. In case she needs the stadium in case you need to be the stadium person might be a little bit big, but we were we were talking about trying to drive, and she's like, well, why don't y'all just let me drop y'all off and pick y'all up. I'm like, well, that's fine, so she'll have that in case it gets delayed and I just have to go straight to the statis.
Speaker 3: Let me let me give you a heads up on this. Don't have a firearm, Yeah, I don't have any.
Speaker 1: I thought about that.
Speaker 3: I don't have any criptin, don't have any chriptin.
Speaker 1: That that was toothpaste.
Speaker 6: Big toothpaste tube will get you too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just worry about brushing your teeth later.
Speaker 6: Bring your You have to bring a smaller tube to be gone.
Speaker 1: Ruize dragging breath and.
Speaker 6: I used to use uh like spray powder. They don't like those. Like a can't compressed air. Nothing pressed air. No hair spray they.
Speaker 3: Hate all that and always has this hair spray. No no issue for you.
Speaker 1: Another ball me.
Speaker 3: That guy forgets to take his belt off, that's got you written.
Speaker 1: Got a big old belt buckle. Things huge. I'm not taking field. Look, we're going such a short period of time. I don't have to take my field of greens by the way, I can get home and take it.
Speaker 6: You can take it in the morning and then the next day take it in the swee.
Speaker 3: Did you ever give Santa Claus his belt back, buddy?
Speaker 1: You remember he wore that big old bill. Yeah, he got it at the buckle. Sure that was there. It was right. You're gonna just look, maybe you'll make it. Well, we'll see. I don't know. Y'all worried me to death about it. No, let me tell you what is going to happen. Somebody just sent a picture, uh, looking out at American Airlines at the airport and said, have have the faith, it's gonna be a beautiful day. Junior program positivity, Greg that he's.
Speaker 3: Not on the junior program. It's just the smaller planes. Junior program.
Speaker 1: You got Delton, you got Delta Express.
Speaker 3: Well, this is the this is the American Eagle, right, which is the same thing the smaller.
Speaker 1: Aren't that good? You're not you don't do that the And.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you what's that? What was going to bother you the rest of the show. Okay, it is every time. The apps now are game changers.
Speaker 1: On flying. But they'll worry to death.
Speaker 3: They'll they'll they'll app you in a second, yeah, update and you're like, please don't change my flight, and then you'll click on it goes your applight is in two hours.
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking of that, Look the notification American Airlines right there. Well, it's just it's just let's see. Oh it's the boarding pass which I've already got in my Apple wallet. But all so, they were asking why jac have a passport but he's never flown stupid COVID. All right, so he graduated in twenty twenty. I thought he has both. But but but why he even has a passport is back in twenty twenty when he graduated from high school, they were going to go on a cruise and whatever, and they ended up having to have a passport. So we went through the process of getting them a passport and all this kind of stuff, and then COVID hit and the thing was canceled. They never went. So he's he's had a passport that he's never used, so that's in the safe and he's got it. But he also has a star ID.
Speaker 6: Oh man, I was gonna say, I've never been on a cruise, so at least he's got me there. But then the cruise was canceled, poor guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, my goodness, it's awful. And the cruise thing.
Speaker 6: I've never been on a cruise. I trapped on a boat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, trapticed on bad? Do you get off and have different excursions and stuff? Now you have some fun days at sea?
Speaker 10: You do?
Speaker 1: We don't just traveling. Yeah, that's that's tough.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, cramp cramp. Cruisers are like hotels. You got your holiday and express, you got your Marriott, Hilton Garden, and then you've got kind of your five star hotel.
Speaker 6: Your night's in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. We're gonna land at lunch in Dallas, Lord Willing, and I'm wondering any good places to eat in Dallas. They say it's a good steakhouse at the airport. I just don't want to eat the airport. I would like to get out of the airport. It's a good airport.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a big one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you need to it's a big city. But that's where Uber makes it simple. Hey I want to Hey, this looks good. Can you take us to this restaurant? You know what Uber guy says, our lady. Usually yuy, yeah, sure, no problem. They drop you off, you go in right before you get out, you just pull uber again, so they need to be picked up.
Speaker 1: They pick you up, you go now.
Speaker 3: It's not free. They do charge for them. When do you tip after so.
Speaker 6: They won't know if you didn't tip.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the only show hosted by an Oxford graduates well Oxford High School. Go Rick Bircher's show.
Speaker 1: It counts.
Speaker 3: We're back the one hundredth show of the Rick Burger Show era. Thank you America, Thanks for those of you that gave it a shot. Thanks to those of you that said, hey, let's let's keep working, trying our best to provide the greatest show in the history of the world. But other than that, we're good. Thanks for being here. A lot of fun and excited about what's ahead. Lord Willie, do you have a house that's hassling you a little bit? I can't sell it in a bond? You know. It may be it could be as simple as, hey, my company, I went to the office, they've informed me they're relocating me, and now I got to sell my house. Could be I've inherited mama's house. Okay, could be we got some family land, it's got an old house on it, and now I got to figure out what to do with it.
Speaker 1: Don't really want to move into it. Sell it well. Sell my House is the company that you need to contact.
Speaker 3: Great work. They've been doing this for twenty five years. They've been successfully selling new houses, old houses, abandoned houses, all types of houses at a fair price. They close fast. Hello, thank you. They close fast. Plus there's no real estate agent involved. That means no real estate commissions. They do all the repairs, they do all the cleaning if it needs to be done. They'll even clean out stuff in the house that needs to go. So many Google five star reviews, I mean there's thousands. Call them today. Completely transparent, good people, get it done, get it off your list. I've actually contacted them to go to de Cater Alabama and sell that furniture out of that storage building. I'm just kidding, but anyway, one eight hundred seven three four zero five zero four, or go to Rick Burgess show dot com under sponsors their numbers there. If you not able to write it down, sell my house fast. They will get it done speedy. Will you do me a favor on this little trip with you and your son graduated college. Congratulations to j C. Will you please don't be tight when you get to Dallas. If everything works out, don't don't make him go buy some number three at the fast food restaurant. Take take him out.
Speaker 1: We're going.
Speaker 3: You're in Dallas, go to you know, ask the uber person, do some checking around. What's a great restaurant, What's something that my son and I will always remember. He's never flown. Make this memorable. Yeah, don't don't go until you went way back there. Don't go cheap, don't cut corners.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, look, if you know, if you're to see I almost had to sit up in the rafters if I hadn't been here.
Speaker 1: That's not true, Thank you, j C. Well that's not true. You're welcome. JC. We're in the lower bowl. H We're in you are, but you're up high enough to see. Don't get too Low's hockey now, not up against Come up a little bit. We're at the top of section one, No. Five perfect, so just below the two.
Speaker 3: When I saw Speedy click to buy those tickets yesterday, I thought to myself, you know, we're doing the new podcast Strange Encounters. I thought, for myself, I just saw a miracle. This was supernatural. I couldn't believe he clicked it. I think you fort pressured by me to get better seats. So again I said to jac you're welcome. Yeah, stop looking at it.
Speaker 1: It's fine. Now what No, I just got another notification. Boy, they'll send you a notification. All right, it's fine. Every time there's a notification, I think, oh my gosh, i'd like to see y'all have some Dallas brisket. Yeah, we're gonna have a good time with it. I know he wants this is gonna he wants me to get He wants me to get a hat, and I'm like, you know, I don't know if I want it. He goes, Dad, you gotta have a hat. What are you talking about. You gotta have a hat. And he said, Now, it's gonna be about sixty degrees in there, he said, our upper fifties to sixty degrees. He said, So, you know in these arenas, you know everybody he goes, you kind of have to dress warm going in or have some different layers because when you get in there, depending on how close you are to the ice, I sayd's it's pretty cold, and so your yeah, well we'll grab a hat and we'll have a good time. Go ahead, we might have some time to kill, So I Want'm trying to figure out how much do I want to try to to squeeze in because if we land, if we land at one, and then we could possibly have about four hours to kill.
Speaker 6: What times a game it's.
Speaker 1: At seven oh and so I'm sure he'll want to get there early and go.
Speaker 3: You got to get there earlier than that. Don't come in last minute, last minute. You got to get in and settle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, for this experience, we're going to go early. Excuse me, miss concerts. Excuse me, mister missconcert.
Speaker 6: I did miss break Stuff from them. Biscuit Biscuit opened with break stuff? Who thought they would open with breaks?
Speaker 1: And you were late, weren't you? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I walked in as break Stuff was playing. Okay, by the way, Limp Biscuit sucks. I'm just making I was there for Metallic of the real artists.
Speaker 3: I don't know in your house, it must not have been. My wife would not let our kids say that word all the time. That and you say it all the stink. Yeah, you need to go with you all the time. Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Get yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh I wouldn't say that from my mom.
Speaker 3: Right, but there's listening.
Speaker 6: You know, your points all legitimate, legitimate.
Speaker 1: And what a bad example for your kids. You're gonna have a little as saying it. Yeah, I am concerned about something. It has nothing to do with what I'm doing, the flight or anything like this. I have just found out that Larry has informed the tubers today that he's in search of more aloe because he's starting to blister. That's a visual. So we might need to check in with Larry. See how say if you missed that he Larry's spilled hot hot coffee on his lap a few days ago and had to go to the emergency room.
Speaker 3: I'm going to warn you people trying to pull you into touristy things that tourists do when.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean it's just a road.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've got to see history. It's all been released. Everything they tell you there, all the stuff's been released.
Speaker 1: It's all lies.
Speaker 6: But but you brought up for the rest of his life, and you can for the rest of his life. People will be talking about Jeff Game.
Speaker 1: You know, I've been right there. He can do that. It's a sports trip. If you we're going to see the playoffs, it's a trip.
Speaker 3: It's a sports trip. It's not a let's go over here and get all sad about what happened to JFK and plus all the information is wrong.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean, don't go over there, and there'll be a lot of.
Speaker 6: See this and you can stand there and be like C J C. This is where the government and the C I A and the mob and the mob all work together to kill the president.
Speaker 1: You see the two exit what.
Speaker 3: He doesn't even know who Jeff. That's the problem. Our kids aren't taught history. You need you need to let do the things with the locals. If the local rolls their eyes, they're going, no, that's what visitors do do. What do stuff that the locals know is cool? Go eat where they say. But I'm thinking about just splurging glem.
Speaker 1: That's funny. I'm thinking, thank you, uncle Greg. This is a joke, one of my size, Joe, what about this? What about? I was thinking a bunch of one dollars. You're right, you're awful. You have such a this is show one hundred.
Speaker 3: I'd like to have.
Speaker 1: One hundred and one.
Speaker 6: Yes, this is great.
Speaker 1: He'll drop a couple of quarters.
Speaker 10: Sir.
Speaker 1: Please start throwing change, sir, Why you give me the land out of your pocket?
Speaker 3: Well, there's people slipping.
Speaker 6: This isn't this isn't a fountain at the mall. Stop throwing chain, sir.
Speaker 1: Please, ma'am do you take venmoe?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 1: I don't know it now I'm in it and I'm sorry. We wish is This is horrible, terrible, horrible joke.
Speaker 3: This is this is how I feel Joe sometimes in here and you tell me about this, and I've understood it in a different ways, just how it feels to be alone.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know the show's happening, not even well, I just I got pulled in it.
Speaker 16: I was.
Speaker 1: I was embarrassed by what they said, and then before I knew it, I was off aium.
Speaker 10: No not.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about maybe splurging for lunch and letting him upsize his order it in and out away to go would be here's what we're going, jumbo to go, here's something, here's special and go double cheezberg if you want, you don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: Do something around the cowboys, you know, don't go. You got us going Darling Dilly Plaza.
Speaker 7: Yes, go to go to the.
Speaker 3: Cowboys facilities or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go?
Speaker 6: All right? Where do the Dallas Stars play?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: There, Downtown Arena? What's in the American Airlines Center?
Speaker 3: Should I even asked? Where you are staying?
Speaker 1: Right by it? Right? Yeah? We're about about maybe three quarters of a mono. No cheap, but I'm cheap in this trip. Those aren't two words to get know what I'm saying. I'm proud of you nowhere. I'm proud of you.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Of course you're going to now have your other sons asking what trip they're gonna get to go on.
Speaker 1: But I'm proud of you. Well, you know, the last I said, wouldn't when when we went over to Dallas. The last time I've been to Dallas is when Tyler was with jack Jacksonville State and they played at Dallas Baptist And we did we did some running around, we went to we went to Yeah, we went there and then we did it was just me.
Speaker 7: It was just me.
Speaker 1: But then we did go to an in and out too, and I gotta tell you it was okay you are It was okay in and out.
Speaker 6: So what now you are one mile the the the arena is like less than a mile from Daley Plaza.
Speaker 1: Oh, then we're going. Yes, can you walk around downtown?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yes, you can look around.
Speaker 1: Can you walk aroundtowntowns? You can't. You venture off a block or two.
Speaker 6: And you look, Look, here's Daley Plaza. Watch out, here's Doe Plaza. You stopped by the where here's Dealey Plaza?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: And then here you can stop by the aquarium, stop by the Holocaust Museum and then go to the game.
Speaker 1: Just just lets the CBS pharmacy run that in too.
Speaker 3: Yes, just let your hotel be home base and just kind of work from there. Okay, And don't get I'm good. You can't go to Arlington's too far away, too far. You're all right, all right by everything you got there, Not by Arlington.
Speaker 6: I don't even know where that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I want to thank a friend of mine, Ron Herring, because he's the one that got JAYC all fired up about the Dallas Stars because his son, his son is a former teammate of j C's and they're.
Speaker 18: All in it.
Speaker 1: Now. They've all adapted the Dallas Stars.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Look look new Orleans. You gotta go there. But there's the X right there. Yeah, yes, you gotta love the trees have grown.
Speaker 6: As the photographer photographer.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess show. He does adapt CD. He just likes things to be a circay. Ricks, Come on, let's go with this.
Speaker 3: Come on America Show one hundred today now and we do unscreen phone calls. Everybody who answers got to say, what hundred?
Speaker 1: What hundred?
Speaker 3: So one hundred shows in to a new era, loving the past, grateful for the past, but excited about the present and hopefully.
Speaker 1: The future as we move on. What hudred Uh?
Speaker 3: So we have a lot going on box seats later Burgess Ball Battle and let me tell you this on the one hundred show, I got no issue with just randomly letting somebody spend the wheel in the phone segment. What so this weekend look for episode three tells from the camp house the Burgess Bass Battle coming out this weekend. Probably be there sometime tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You don't have to ask.
Speaker 3: Sodler's supposed to young Broderick, who is having a birthday today. But big day for the Suns today and the kids on the show. Brody Bird just twenty four. He's one of the many Mayor birthdays in our family, so many may birthdays, twenty So Brody is twenty four years old. Birthday, bud, and does it like all a lot of attention. So let's bring him in bart, Let's be sure and make him as uncomfortable as possible today, let's call him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's tell.
Speaker 3: Everybody wish him happy birthday. If you see him, Happy birthday, buddy. Uh, oh, Brodie's you're a blast. Happy birthday. Looking forward to still going to see him this weekend. Uh, probably not today, but we'll see him this weekend.
Speaker 1: What you doing, buddy? Huh?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean we today's celebration today. You know, he's got saying what you get what y'all going to do? Well, we're going to uh, we're going to go to the lake.
Speaker 1: Oh uh, to the lake. The in laws.
Speaker 3: Brody's in laws have a have a late place. Hey, and let me tell you it's down there a lake. Mitchell and the Thompsons have a great uh beautiful place that's been in their family and we're all going to go celebrate Brody's birthday there tomorrow. Okay, so looking but today probably he and his wife will do you always want the lake?
Speaker 7: Huh?
Speaker 1: Well, you know me.
Speaker 3: You know, let me tell you, I'd rather be I'd rather be someone's guest at the lake than to be hosting.
Speaker 1: That's true. So I like that. I'm thankful for them for the Greg's going me to Dallas, he said, changed. Speedy's already got a gate change. It's on now. Yeah, it is, it is, and we're getting I'm getting eight Hard Barbecue and Terry Black's Barbecue. Those two places are at the top of the list on where to eat downtown.
Speaker 3: Traffics and traffics a nightmare.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm hoping we can get close and also do uh do self guided tour if you're going to go over and watch where a president was shot in the back of the head.
Speaker 6: Hard not eight hard hard eight It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: But what if you bring up Texas. Here comes mister Texas. You say, you know he went and bought his van there too. Don't forget that said what I say.
Speaker 6: You said eight hard, it's hard, eight It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, those are two important right. Listen, when you're dealing with Speedy, that's nothing great. I mean inverting eight.
Speaker 3: Greg Adie Van Adler, better known as the man that has refuted the phrase Everything's bigger than Texas.
Speaker 1: That's that's right, but coming small back.
Speaker 3: Unscreen phone calls. Here we go America. The number is eight eight eight, the number six big box. All callers must say one hundred and if not, you'll be immediately done away with.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like it, Hey, little person will play that's.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Let's go to unscreened phone calls. Hello, you're on the Rick Burgess Show. Go right ahead, one hundred, the pretty good, pretty good country version.
Speaker 9: I like it.
Speaker 1: Go ahead. Well. I never thought i'd say I'd be jealous of Speedy, but as a Dallas Stars fan, I am jealous of You're speedy. I can't wait. This is gonna be a Dallas Star fan.
Speaker 3: By the way, let me tell you this, sir, your phone is fantastic.
Speaker 1: You sound great. He's a Stars fan, laydline in the all.
Speaker 3: That's great man, Thanks buddy, uh and hopefully Speedy will take it all in. We continue Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, one hundred, right the way to go?
Speaker 6: What's on your mine?
Speaker 1: What's on you? So?
Speaker 14: I've got the best place for Speedy to eat in Dallas. Actually ones is the DFW Airport. It's called Papasitos. It's the best Mexican around. There's several in Dallas, and the best dish is the plaid Dell carm It is fabulous.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 14: It's a sister restaurant to Papa Doze, which is there in Birmingham. So you know the quality.
Speaker 3: Can I ask questions because Speedy wants to ask you so bad?
Speaker 1: How much you calls?
Speaker 14: It's pricey, But the plaid del Mar, you know, two people can eat it. My husband and I do and we have leftovers.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going and do not eat Mexican food on it. He's done, then they're going to Taco bail.
Speaker 16: No.
Speaker 3: Christ, Hey, you do not put airport Mexican food in your body.
Speaker 1: On a trail like this.
Speaker 7: Nice.
Speaker 1: No, you can't take these chances. Greg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you might want to say on Apple, Uh we continue unscreened phone calls.
Speaker 1: You're on the Rick Bergers Show. Go ahead, one, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Hey, I just wanted to call it.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, love the show, Love new show.
Speaker 7: I've been listening to you all for twenty years now.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 17: I love everything you do.
Speaker 3: Thank you man so nice. We cantinue you. Unscreen phone calls. You're on the Rick Birders Show, Go ahead.
Speaker 4: One hundred.
Speaker 1: I'm loving it. People, Go ahead. What's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 9: You got your slogan's Burgers bawl battle.
Speaker 4: You got old Larry dealing with burns.
Speaker 9: I got a new slogan for a shirt, just freekballing around.
Speaker 6: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 1: What a day, Thanks man, What a day? Had a good one?
Speaker 3: Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, Go ahead, Hello Rick, Larry.
Speaker 1: You didn't do it. You didn't say it.
Speaker 18: One hundred.
Speaker 1: Now you gotta sing it. You gotta holler at what bread?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 7: One hundred?
Speaker 1: Larry, How's how's the lap?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 10: I'm covered in blisters, all right and it hurts real bad. CHROs Fiction Breakfast acting breakfast. You got to go to Walmart and get some medicine.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Larry, let me tell you we're gonna do for you because you're struggling.
Speaker 6: We're gonna have you spin.
Speaker 1: We're gonna bring your blustard lap and you're insured. Crotch.
Speaker 9: Here we go.
Speaker 1: We're gonna spend it for you. Larry, Who do you want to spend it for you, Larry on show one hundred.
Speaker 7: Not about you?
Speaker 2: Rick oh Rick?
Speaker 3: And is that that says have an honor?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna let me. Okay, hang on, hang on, Larry. Uh, he's going over. Hey, Larry, if you would, would you say?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: What a will?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 16: What is it?
Speaker 1: No, it's will, it's will to me?
Speaker 3: Okay, go ahead, No, say it's will to me?
Speaker 1: Say that please will to me? He did you saying the wrong thing? All right, I'm in Dallas.
Speaker 10: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Abound. Let's see what let me get some ointment.
Speaker 3: Let's see what happened, Larry, Larry, you almost won five hundred dollars. But you do get a sign copy of Men Don't Run in the Rain, which my dad will tell you right now quick complaining.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: We have Larry's address.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll just send it to you by that. I hope you get your feeling better, buddy.
Speaker 3: Congratulations the books on the way, and I hope some at of arras on the way.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: And watch those blisters.
Speaker 7: Thanks?
Speaker 10: Hey, you having pregnant?
Speaker 4: Ask you right?
Speaker 1: What is what?
Speaker 6: How long have you guys been married?
Speaker 2: Where's your show?
Speaker 19: You know what we say?
Speaker 17: Got a fine.
Speaker 2: Blood Kestine from the world. The Rick Burgess Show Show one hundred.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being with us today, Gang Speedy, Greg Adler with us. Speedy leaving late in the show today he and his son celebrating his graduation from college. Going to see the NHL Playoffs the Dallas Stars against Edmonton the Oilers, right, aren't they? The orders so in Dallas, So he'll leave late in the last hour of the show today, box seats are coming in and they'll visit with us today. Looking forward to that Burgess Ball battle coming up this weekend Episode three of Teals from the Camp House on The Rick Burgess Show YouTube channel, So enjoy that. And also we have this weekend another episode. As we're celebrating the present and excited about the future, we're also enjoying and grateful for the past. We've got Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits the podcast a new episode this weekend as well, so enjoy that on your travels over Memorial Day weekend. As we say thank you to those who have paid the lease on the freedoms we enjoyed and continue to enjoy with their lives. So remember that over the weekend and be thankful, obviously for their sacrifice. So we'll we'll talk a good bit today about a number of things. We got phone segments.
Speaker 1: We'll do some of that.
Speaker 3: We've got other things to cover. Here's one thing starting the hour that you know, sometimes things throw you a little bit.
Speaker 1: The story that Speedy laid out today.
Speaker 3: The optimal time to drink coffee isn't when you normally have it.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear we're all in trouble here.
Speaker 3: I'm tired of you seen this. I'm tired of these stupid studies. All right, So thank you, thank you, buddy. They don't stick to it. Hey for Larry to hear this, do you think Larry was before the heartbreak hit him in a terrible time? Do you think that Larry was asking all of us how long we've been married.
Speaker 1: To our wives? I think so because I don't think he thinks we're married. I just think he wants because I maybe because I just I just celebrated twenty five years with Terry and thats been a conversation. Maybe that's that's what he was asking.
Speaker 3: No, honestly, if I if I, if I I don't, but if I play for the team, I could do better than speedy.
Speaker 1: Uh so anyway that the show me? I mean, what kind of what kind of shot is that? Well, I'm just saying, what about somebody take care of you, treat.
Speaker 3: You right by the way, by the way of all things to be offended by him, this isn't one of them. But you find yourself kind of defending you, don't you? Wait a minute? Yeah, you good for me?
Speaker 1: Look you want a good man behind you? Actually, no, no, I don't.
Speaker 6: Behind every great man.
Speaker 1: He's a great man.
Speaker 3: This guy right here, I'm pointing this speedy. Is he not gold on how he tries to speak? I mean he delivers on speaking? Yeah, got right there?
Speaker 1: Show one hundred. You want to look over your shoulder. No I'm there.
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I really don't.
Speaker 3: So you've been married twenty five years, speeding Greg, You've been married thirty six Yep, not bragging it. I've been married twenty nine years and.
Speaker 1: Not three months. We're not going, okay, twenty nine Adler.
Speaker 6: And I'm nine years nine years.
Speaker 1: I'm twenty five years and three days. So I hate to do eight hours.
Speaker 3: I hate to do this delivery to talk about coffee becauselet's face that he didn't want to hear it now, No, man.
Speaker 1: I wish you wouldn't talk about coffee. So uh that critch like it is?
Speaker 3: We can say lap you say last, he said, optimal time to drink coffee isn't when you normally have it. Maybe coffee doesn't need to be the very first step in the morning routine. Wow, going on for him hundreds of years. While it's often associated with wakefulness, experts claim there may be benefits.
Speaker 1: To holding off.
Speaker 3: Experts on that cup of coffee for a different time of day, Greg, There is a stress hormone. It is called cortisol. It's a stress hormone. It's highest in our body right when we wake up. According to somebody, a registered dietitian who I'm sure enjoys the ship.
Speaker 1: She said, this.
Speaker 3: Cortisol a stress hormone. It begins to decline naturally throughout the day. Caffeine Greg is a stimulant, so if it's consumed when cortisol is high, that can increase stress levels that are already high at the beginning of the day.
Speaker 1: Did do that?
Speaker 3: You're feeding that stress hormone. I don't feel stressed in the morm Anywow, excuse me? I don't feel wellssed. So this is just the way you are when you're not well. I'm just saying I think they're full. So they want you to wait, Rick, They want.
Speaker 1: You to wait. What's a good time then?
Speaker 3: Cortisol decline is different for everyone, but typically occurs one and a half to two hours after you wake.
Speaker 1: I hold off Rick, and I drink one then too.
Speaker 3: That's the best time for coffee.
Speaker 1: I do both. So they want you to have a sleepy drive in and then have some good correct. Let's do that's say correct?
Speaker 3: There is no specific time that's best to drink coffee. It's based on when you wake and your natural rise and drop in the cortisol all whatever.
Speaker 1: So you need to I know, Greg, you've.
Speaker 3: Been very concerned about that all these studies and you you've been wanting to know that next year when I wait a minute, we looked again.
Speaker 1: Cortisol is killing you. I mean no.
Speaker 3: Coffee has been one of those things like eggs that they batted around a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do. They can't quite seem to land on it. Here we go, people, we go.
Speaker 3: Emails coming in by the moths every day. If you'd like for years to be considered for the show. Put Hey Bird, hey Birge in there and offer something interesting or give us a little encouragement always helps. Hey, this is from David hey Bird, Jay Birge. I need the opinion of the men of the show, Speedy, Greg Adler and you. Here's my situation. All right, are y'all paying attention? I am my daughter is getting married in October. I have three children, two sons and my daughter, who is the youngest. Okay, all of my children have turned out to be wonderful young adults, but my daughter holds a special place in my heart, as they usually do. Sure, my daughter and her fiance have chosen to have wait for it, a western style barn wedding cowboy. Not just a barn, but a western style barn. All the men will be wearing western attire.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 3: I got no problem with this, but Rick, I appeal to you. I want you to know because I can picture Greg looking at me. I look like an absolute clown and a cowboy hat. Oh no, he's got to wear a cowboy hat. I've explained this to my daughter and she says, I don't I don't have to wear a cowboy hat. But I'll be the only man not wearing one. Walking your daughter down the isle wearing a cowboy hat, Gregg it's a western I'm not saying not do it. I believe she really, deep down wants me to wear one, and I think I'm kind of ruining the day. So then here's the question I would like to ask Adler, Greg Speedy, and you do I wear the hat and look like a goofball or not be a team player and not wear the hat.
Speaker 1: Now you wear the hat. She picked the western style wedding.
Speaker 3: I get it. Not that into it either, God understand, understood.
Speaker 1: But if my daughter wanted me to wear a stupid cowboy hat, I'd wear the stupid He does have a soft belly for his daughter and his grandchildren, Yeah, he does. I think what you do is you just try to find the hat that makes you look less goofy. Just try to find something. Don't get the ten gallon, no, no, you just go to the store and put try on about five or six, and then your wife go that one right there.
Speaker 3: Of course, because let me tell you, let me tell you what's gonna happen. Cowboy dad, let me tell what's gonna happen. We know that Marshall Dylon, what's gonna happen to you if you don't wear the hat? And I agree with the men, I hadn't heard you get you in the same place.
Speaker 6: Here, excuse, it's an excuse to wear a cowboy hat and a bolo tie and some boots. Let's go, let's boots, scoot and boogie this wedding.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. Here's the great part, especially if you look goofy in the hat. There's gonna be a lot of pictures of you in it, and you get to see him for and then you can take it off like you're being respectful. No, no, no, let me warn you there, because here's what's gonna happen. You gotta do a little answers like this. You don't do you know, yeah, yeah, you don't do the hat. Your daughter is gonna pretend she's okay with it while deep down being hurt. There's the reason she picked the western fright. And then when the pictures come out and you don't have it on, then here comes the wife will start drafting with the daughter, of course in there all these pictures. Of course Dad didn't have the cowboy hat on because he refused to wear it because he thought he looked goofy. It kind of ruined the setup. But it's okay, Dad, I didn't want you to feel goofy. Yeah, you're going to hear that for the rest of your life. Now here's from the picture.
Speaker 1: Wear the hat. Here's what you do. I think you flip the script. You get all into it, and you call your daughter and you go, I want to father daughter afternoon. Let's go. You go with me and let's pick out a cowboy hat. I can't wait to do this, and you help. She's there and she goes, Dad, I like that one.
Speaker 3: You look less goofy than doing that right, right, And maybe you don't go with it. Maybe you don't look as goofy as you think.
Speaker 1: You embrace it. I don't know, though. Cowboy hats are so cool.
Speaker 3: If you think you look goofy in it, because most people look goofy, think they don't. If you think you look goofy in it, guys, it must be goofy.
Speaker 1: It must be.
Speaker 3: Because I'm with Adler. Any excuse to put on the cowboy heads, especially a black one with a big and you find the.
Speaker 1: Most honest member of your family to go with you. Too, so they're they're not saying, oh no.
Speaker 3: That looks good, dad, and it doesn't know how about just put the put the cowboy hat on that. Greg said it shockingly, that's what your daughter shows and she's excited about cowboy wedding when yes, you want you can't have the number one guide the wedding, second only to the groom.
Speaker 1: Not in Cowboy Father Daughter Afternoon, y'all go pick out a hat, have fun. He's bled.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: I tell her you love her enough to wear the hat.
Speaker 9: That kind of thing.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess Show. This is what Trump hadded money when he sought to make America greet again, the rich Burgers Show.
Speaker 3: In the episode one hundred, what my thank you for being with us America as we grind on? Interesting, there's somebody from the text Nation asking about the field of greens our sponsor, thank you for being with us? Rick from the text Nation out of the Free state of Florida that no longer has fluoride in their water system. Rick, can you take lean and field of greens at the same time or is it one or the other. No, they both do two different things, So yes, yes you can. And it's from brick House Nutrition, no doubt, and we have good news. They've got their Memorial Day weekend going on sell on everything they do, including both those products. So yeah, they do two different things. Field of Greens Memorial Day sell happening speedy. You will not be taking this on the plane with you, okay, because they will pull it out there if you have it. They don't care for that going through security.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well I took it this morning like my every day, and then Lord will and I will be back tomorrow morning. I'll take it when I'll to you. That's what I did, same thing last time I went on short trips.
Speaker 3: Here's a cold for you. You can use our cold, no problem. Big box works. But they're also accepting this weekend Memorial twenty five for twenty five percent off. Now I know a lot of you been going. Man, I'm just waiting on Field of Greens the right time.
Speaker 1: This could be it.
Speaker 3: You get twenty five percent off. Listen to this from somebody's been supporting us through the first one hundred they share with us. They just receive the best blood work I've had in a decade.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: The doc literally said to me, guys, whatever you're doing keep doing it, and of course I'm going to do that. Another one said, for the first time in years, my cholesterol numbers are normal, and a mom who listens says, after Field of Greens, my hair and nails, energy and blood work all are better. This product is a game changer. I mean, I love it so much that Sherry, even who also uses it, is sometimes like it's gonna be all right. You know, I've got my schedule and I get I get my shakes in. I'm gonna have my Field of Greens. You better believe that, So get yours right now. It's real simple. These are the fruits and vegetables that your body needs to run on. Our vital organs all need different fruits and vegetables to perform at peak efficiency, and Field of Greens.
Speaker 1: Provides it without all the guesswork.
Speaker 3: Twenty five percent off with memorial twenty five is a code or big Vox go to Rick Burgess Show dot com under sponsors.
Speaker 1: Also, can I ask you a question. It's not going to be all day on this, and I apologize. Are you gonna worry us all? But no, no, But I've checked in and I've even got my boarding pass. But then I get an email that says hey, time to check in. Just ignore that. That means just canceled. Okay, all right, you're good. All right, let's move on. Sorry, y'all. Okay, I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 3: So let's talk about John Thomas and Living Hope South Africa.
Speaker 1: I have the email. Okay.
Speaker 3: A lot of you have been saying, hey, is John and the folks in South Africa that you've come to know and love on this showed?
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello everyone.
Speaker 3: Congratulations from John Thomas on one hundred shows outstanding work.
Speaker 1: I love it, so does Avro. As a matter of fact, Happy birthday, Brodie. Oh oh wow, just leave it there. Stop.
Speaker 3: That's just weird from a dead standpoint.
Speaker 1: He's married. But let's not begin too that. Okay.
Speaker 3: So John Thomas says, thank you for checking on us. We're doing okay. He's been battling some health issues, but he says, as far as what's going on with the farmers and the government, Living Hope is going well. Thanks to the wonderful donors like all of you. We've not been affected in any way by the withdrawal of funding or the grabbing of farmland. We learned to not depend on governments back when Barack Obama through all of our funding. That's when we started the DAD funding, which is still going well. But we are doing great. We're thriving thanks to all of you and have been unaffected by the chaos that's going on right now. So there's the update from you. Okay, let's take a look at this abder. This is coming out of Costa Rica. You know the this is a paddle that looks similar to the pickleball thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's this game called paddle.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of this fee I have not. Once I see it. Maybe it's one of the things.
Speaker 6: It's it's like kind of like tennis pickleball kind of vibe. But it's in a room, like a glass room where you can actually play off the wall, so if like the ball gets past you, you can still play it off the wall. And evidently evidently it's like racquetball. Yeah, but it's called paddle and it's evidently one of the fastest growing sports in the world.
Speaker 1: There was a fight and uh, we've got paddle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, yes, they're construct fighting and using the paddles.
Speaker 1: But we got a kick through the there's a kick.
Speaker 3: Look at the middle aged men Okay they are, somebody said, somebody with a paddle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the guy using the paddles for weapons.
Speaker 3: That the guy, and.
Speaker 1: Then what the hell there to break it in? And blue shirt said, let's fight like a blue shirt. Don't need to light green shirts down. Your blue shirt is not good at this.
Speaker 6: This guy is a big trouble maker. And blue shirt stinks it fighting.
Speaker 3: I can't believe that lime green hits somebody with their paddle. Blue Shirt, you are way out. Your body's too far forward. You got your weight out over your feet. Come on, you're out over your skis again.
Speaker 1: You had a good bass hand hand raised here. Yellow shirt, now we got we got a blue shirt, we got a royal blue shirt, a gray shirt, a black shirt, light green shirt, and a yellow shirt. All right, these are all the people. So yellow shirt he seems to be trying to be the peacemaker. He's in between everybody, and he's talking to green shirt and shirt. And then when whenever blue shirt gets past yellow shirt, watch yellow shirts face. He's like, oh, come on, man, and he you can tell see now we've got paddle over yellow shirt. And then now we'll watch yellow shirt. He's like, watch yellow shirt.
Speaker 3: Oh, but I gotta blame Lime Shirt.
Speaker 1: Lime Shirts, he's the one that escalated this whole.
Speaker 3: Yellow Shirts talking to Blue Shirt getting him calm, and Lime Shirt comes over the back of yellow Shirt with his paddle after one one miskicked and hits.
Speaker 1: Him with the pad. I think Blue Shirts got some fight in him. He just gets off balance. Yeah, he's he's trying to go after old green Shirt here, and Green Shirt wants to hit everybody with his paddle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, a nice slip. By the way, Green Shirt did have a nice slip of that punch.
Speaker 1: Blue Shirt went down, my good Blue shirts, Yellow Shirt and trying to everybody down.
Speaker 3: Yes, We've watched a lot of fight videos, and I've come to the conclusion sadly that we've raised an entire generation of men that can't fight. I good, Obviously, one person is.
Speaker 1: A little like that knew how to fight.
Speaker 3: I think the four of us could beat up all of them and like, maybe go have lunch and be fine.
Speaker 1: If he tried to kick you, would y'all have just stood there now I grabbed his foot.
Speaker 2: Is the Rick Burgess show boy. In order to truly benefit from this show, you must have a sense of humor. So like enough Francis and enjoy the Rick Burgis showy.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, thank you for being with us today, America. From the text Nation, Fighting in violence isn't always the answer, Vergess. No, you're right, it isn't always the answer, and it should be avoided. It should be avoided at all costs. I totally agree. But we also don't live in a world where fighting in violence is never the answer, or maybe the better the better way to phrase that is the response somebody, somebody kicks you and hit you in head with the paddle, I'm sorry, Yeah, I mean it's it's I feel bad for the guy that tried to throw that haymaker and with and it's on video and it's gonna be people like us gonna keep showing it. Yeah, his intention was good. Yeah, sometimes it's a great deterrent. It is because you know, if the right person had been around lime Green shirt, Lime Green Shirt for the rest of his life, would never kick anybody and hit him in the head with the paddle again, if it was handled right, idiot, if it was quick.
Speaker 1: And decisive, you know the way he kicked, you could have run right up on his leg dumped him.
Speaker 3: To me, fighting in violence, which should be always a last resort, but you know, you're protecting yourself, you're protecting your family, those kind of things. You don't want to be involved in that.
Speaker 1: You hate that. But if you ever get in.
Speaker 3: That situation, I think it should be like disciplined. It should be swift, it should be decisive, and it should it should be it should have impact.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're gonna go go all in. Yeah, right.
Speaker 6: Also, the distance management from all parties is terrible. You're what are you doing standing range? My goodness, what are you doing? And then also, uh, you know, I do jiu jitsu.
Speaker 3: Said it's good to hear from little Hannity.
Speaker 6: The best, the best self defense is a solid forty yard dash. Because I am on, I am anti fighting. Truthfully, what is in this situation like because you don't never know if somebody's gonna pull out, a night should be avoided if possible, exactly. But in this situation, these guys are all in their athletic gear. We just got done playing. Nobody's got a weapon a paddle game. You know, nobody's got a weapon. So if I'm gonna fight, I am going to fight in this situation because I'm like, let's go, we're on a sports court. You don't have a night, I'm about to put you to sleep.
Speaker 1: Well, that would be your first going for the sleeper. Yes, you also kind of wonder you're playing this paddle game? How did the escalate to where you're that mad at all? Now, don't be surprised by that. We have we have men, and we have competition, we have paddles. That's not I'm just saying. I mean, good night. I'm surprised. I don't think you always got a hot head in the bunch. Hello, yeah, yeah, no offense, eat a paddle.
Speaker 6: Hey, So this paddle game is it's kind of like pickleball in that it has like rules to make it easier, like you have to serve it below your waist and all this stuff. And so it is for people that aren't maybe ready for blew and tennis or like past that point in their life they want to play.
Speaker 1: But so largely popular, huge so lime dring guy. Okay, he kicks to put through an opening in the in the I guess what the the glass window area. There's a little walk through in mid court and and and he he kicks through it. So obviously he's standing with some kick kick and then Yellow Shirt tries to separate him and he wants to kind of sneak a little hit with the paddle over the show. He's a bit.
Speaker 3: He needs his A w Well, Text Nation has you're all over this, sir ma'am. You can tell that Lime Green has been No one has ever whipped that a for him, and he needs it it. Really you're loving him by whipping him because he's got to stop going around with in life kicking people on him in the head with the paddle. Somebody's got to break his desire to do that.
Speaker 6: It's not going to be Blue shirt.
Speaker 1: That's blue shirts. O. Guy trys a couple of black shirts. Didn't do a thing. Shirt shirt out over his skis.
Speaker 3: You know it's kind of you ever watched Great References before second hand Lions, great example, you know Robert de Vals tried not to cause trouble, but some of these younger men just need to be taught a lesson.
Speaker 1: If he had to teach him about things, I'll give Blue this as goof is he looks when he whiffs. He was coming. He was the minute it started.
Speaker 3: He didn't he was, he was far but like you say, he's got to get his You can't lose your coup and you can't be you can't just be out of control. He's needed to get a good base, you know, and and stand down and let Lime come in from one more paddle hit and just just right on the nose.
Speaker 1: So, Adam, let me ask you a question. If your blue shirt royal blue shirt, and you like I'm going in instead of trying to run and swing, are you trying to just form tackle him and get him on the ground. Sure?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, any double legs, single leg takedown. Look helpless. Look how helpless he is when he falls on the ground too. By the way, buddy, I mean if you're if your buddy doesn't bail you out, you're taking a couple more paddles to the head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lime Shirt is hitting a man on the ground with his paddle. Yeah, grown man, he's hitting him with the paddle. He can shows you that can't see it.
Speaker 6: Can I show you'all sweet takedown on your if you are, are you.
Speaker 1: Taking down Greg Speedy? Speedy? All right, what to be taken down?
Speaker 3: Because you're the one young for a fly, You're the young fly. Yeah, he's not gonna hurt yoular fingers. Okay, what are you speedy? He's all again.
Speaker 9: You hear me.
Speaker 1: That was a horrible saying.
Speaker 3: I've never seen it.
Speaker 1: Guys, that was a horrid saying that.
Speaker 14: Why did he do that?
Speaker 3: You could not.
Speaker 1: I know what he didn't want you to do. Somebody is still standing up. Stand just please stand up. Stop stop stop trying to smother him.
Speaker 20: You're on the ground and say you're gonna get stumped or something like that. The boy getting stumped. You gotta get to his legs, into that ankle. Get into that ankle. You can swing your body around like that.
Speaker 1: Don't bring your legs. Those legs are the tiny. Don't break, do nothing break to kill meat ankles. Look, Adam took him down. Here we are again. But where we started.
Speaker 21: Down there you I ended up on top, well sort of it was on top first, sort of were together. I didn't know what you were doing.
Speaker 5: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: He laid down like come to me all of a suid.
Speaker 3: That of all the things that I would say on Show one hundred, I was hoping that wasn't.
Speaker 1: That wasn't then.
Speaker 6: So y'all saw that, sweet ye that we continue the momentum to stay on top. I let you get that at the end.
Speaker 1: Okay, that I didn't know what I was doing. That was good.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Vacation vacation nightmare. Guys.
Speaker 3: We keep hearing there like, hey, I'm gonna have to tell our I'm gonna have to tell our audience stopped going to Costa Rica. Yeah, stop going to Costa Rica. Costa Rica newly killed Gene Holman. Costa Rica just had these guys fighting with paddles. Vacation nightmare. Twelve family members diagnosed with the fungal disease because they simply explored a Costa Rica cave. An extended family of six adults and six children brought back more than souvenirs from coast Rika. They went into a back cave and they toured it. And now the family has has They're spread across across three states, Georgia, Texas, and Washington. They now are back home. They feel sick from the vacation. Uh, and they have the the CDC is involved.
Speaker 9: H Uh.
Speaker 3: They believe they've got contracted something from this cave. It's so long histoplasmosis something like this.
Speaker 1: Oh Gray, you were talking about that the other day. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh and and they're saying that they that every twelve of the thirteen that went all have come back with this. Uh it affects the lungs.
Speaker 7: Is that what?
Speaker 3: And breathed it in this might you think it's what Homan got that near to the Costa Rica, right he was rafting. Guys, you can't go to Costa Rica. There's stuff everywhere. I'll stop it.
Speaker 1: There's stuff everywhere.
Speaker 6: I mean, bats will carries them. They kill a lot of bugs. But buddy, they also carry some stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, you know when you go, when you go, when you leave the you know, when you leave the country, sometimes you forget that you're no longer in the United States of America, and you just forget that, and you think, well, these are the things that are available for us on excursions.
Speaker 1: Let's all do it.
Speaker 3: And you and they're not going to take the time talking about that's usually how you say it. For instance, you remember the time Speedy that I was in Prague. Oh yeah, you like to gott in a bind and we all nearly it wasn't a disease, but the crowd. It was the Christmas tree lighting, and the crowd converged on this downtown small you know old class that you know, progs full of everywhere you look you want to take a picture. And they all converged on this Christmas tree lighting in this little town square area. And for some reason, the Prague Heites thought, well, there's too many people coming in, so let's block all the entrances in. What they didn't realize they also have now blocked all the ways out, stacking up. So everybody was stacking up and they begin to panic, and we had people get knocked down, you know, nearly trampled and honestly, and all of a sudden, I thought to myself, normally, I'm like, let's all be calmed that everybody worked this out. And then it hit me, wait a minute, I'm not in the United States of America. I don't know how this is gonna go. You don't even speak whatever language. And I was trying to One woman got nearly got trampled, we got with the family, all got separated, we had children.
Speaker 1: It was a nightmare. You're, yeah, boy, that's stay the heck got abroad.
Speaker 3: When yeah, when you travel abroad, I mean, there's enough trouble here at home, but when you get out in these other countries, it's it can be it can be risky.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 3: And I'm sorry. I'm getting too many bad things out of Coasta Rica. I'm crossing through that.
Speaker 1: It's not worth that. Too many germs, too many germs. We'll be back. More of the Rick Burgess Show coming up on day one hundred.
Speaker 3: We'll go unscreened phone calls right after this eight eight eighty six, Big Box.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table? Call no and get on the show one eight eight eight six, Big Fun.
Speaker 3: We're back show one hundred. Everybody on unscreen phone calls has to say one hundred, as we are on day one hundred. Coming up this right now on the YouTube channel. My interview with Senator Tommy Tuberville last week.
Speaker 1: It's there now. You know he didn't make the announcement. I thought it was gonna make that. I sense it's coming.
Speaker 3: Also, you'll see Sabin and Barkley that's been up a few days, coming up this weekend, episode three Tells from the camp House. It'll be there on the YouTube channel. In the podcast world, there will be another episode of Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold. Some of the greatest moments in the thirty one years of the Rick and Bubba Show. New podcast episode nineteen out this weekend too. We all will be off on Monday. It'll be replay hours from the some of the shows from the first one hundred days, So enjoy those on Memorial Day as we remember those who paid the price for our freedom with their lives. A big thank you on Monday. So to the phones we go, unscreened phone calls. Let's get started. Hi, you're on the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls. Go ahead, share one hundred.
Speaker 1: That's what we need.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Hey, give a quick shout out to the irs.
Speaker 1: So did my taxis February fifth? It still says refund pending now today? Sure, sure it does. Sure it does.
Speaker 3: Of course, when they want their money, you can't go past the day. Here we go, unscreen phone calls, Rick Burgess Show, go.
Speaker 7: One hundred. I hear you.
Speaker 1: What's on your mind today, buddy.
Speaker 4: Steady, do yourself a favor.
Speaker 7: Just go to Peacon Lodge in Dallas, Texas downtown. Best barbecue around.
Speaker 1: I'm getting a lot of I'm getting a lot of barbecues ideas here, and I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: A little bit vice over here, a little at vice. M hmm, A little bit of a travel a little advice. Go away from the kind of barbecue that we love in Alabama because it won't be as good. Go to brisket and things they do well that we don't do well. Yeah, okay, well don't go to pull Port and things like that.
Speaker 1: You got all that.
Speaker 3: You can stand here and nobody's gonna beat the way we do it.
Speaker 1: Do brisket, they said, Hart eight is like four miles from Dallas Fort Worth Airport. You run that, and so like it'd be good, you know, go eat there and then then going in downtown. But then but then like this last collar, I mean, there's all kinds of selections downtown. Sure you do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're gonna have a hard time finding a bad place. And you want Mike, just want to go, No line, let's go.
Speaker 3: Rick Birders Show, unscreened phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Got it, Look at our look at this at that. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: We continue, unscreen phone calls on the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Yeah, speed Wait a minute, whoa whoa one hundred you guys say one hundred, oh one hundred that's the best one yet. That's a good one. It's good speedy.
Speaker 7: You ain't getting out of Dallas, buddy, these guys are. They're not, but they just like you to go because it's gonna be good for the show.
Speaker 9: We'll see you in July, buddy.
Speaker 3: We continue, Rick Birders Show, unscreen phone calls go one hundred one, Okay, we continue. I don't know what's wrong with that one.
Speaker 1: All let's.
Speaker 3: Right, Rick Birders Show, unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 9: Good morning, guys, one hundred. I one thing I gotta ask you, is we celebrating the media? Awkward to hear?
Speaker 2: Is this pre k?
Speaker 17: What we're getting all excited at the bound?
Speaker 3: Well, you got to it's a marker, right, I mean, listen.
Speaker 9: Mean it's a big status, pre K.
Speaker 1: I mean that gone.
Speaker 9: But what's the three years and start celebrating.
Speaker 1: That like pre ks having graduations? Oh yeah, one hundred John.
Speaker 3: If you John, John, and John, if you knew how hard it was to keep a job in this business nowadays, you'd be celebrating too.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 3: Rick Burder's Show, unscreen phone calls go.
Speaker 1: Ahead, one zero zero.
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, I just want to know what is the most uh, you would pay for a used car?
Speaker 1: What do you what making model?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, just just something yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Probably yeah, probably well nowadays, cause it all it's all relative, not those things callsmore. I'm probably on a used car. I'm probably you're not going to see me go more than that. I'm talking about you talking about used us. You're not talking about Hey, we got a program car. Hey, here's a truck on the lot that's got fifteen hundred miles on it. You're talking about used used, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, just something, Yeah, you know, maybe fifteen hundred thousand miles, you know.
Speaker 1: Probably eight to ten grand eighteen.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you're not going to get that.
Speaker 6: No, didn you guys buy a used truck?
Speaker 3: No, but it might only had like fifteen hundred miles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she used truck. Did you not hear me ask the question?
Speaker 3: You're not listening, Yeah, I said, you're not talking about fifteen hundred miles, You're talking about used you like, he said, I'm talking about fifty sixty thousand miles something like that.
Speaker 1: If there's a truck in it's four wheel, sixty is not a lot, he said, car, not truck.
Speaker 6: Fifty sixty is not a lot, he said, car, not truck. I don't think he was saying excluding trucks. I was pictured saying excluding thousand.
Speaker 3: I was picturing like I was pitching across your Cordova from the seventies.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is a bad question.
Speaker 1: Let's say I just bought your four Runner that you saw. There are a lot of variations over time that had on all that had over two hundred times.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll give you four dollars for you on the year in mileage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 3: There's so many, very very, so many variables. I think when you gave when your car was were still, didn't you end up giving somebody money to take it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? First when you drove first started working, I.
Speaker 6: Got two hundred bucks Nissan Ultima. You got to my first car that I had working for working for the show back in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody said, asked for the Texas.
Speaker 3: Now, no, don't get into all that. Then you can go off the deep end and you can be living Lot top two over there. Uh, welcome to the rick Burgers Show. Unscreened phone calls go ahead, Hey, hey, hey, go ahead, I.
Speaker 17: Love a shadow boys. Uh, I mean at this right, y'all need to drop the best of ever hundred days.
Speaker 1: That would be funny, awesome.
Speaker 3: We got a lot of them out there, for sure, And you know we're kind of playing off the one hundred days of like the Trump administration or any time somethings.
Speaker 1: Neither go.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the first one hundred days.
Speaker 21: What dread?
Speaker 3: Let's continue. Hello, Rick Birders show unscreen phone calls, Go.
Speaker 1: Ahead, one hundred. Thank you, sleepy, go ahead.
Speaker 16: So.
Speaker 7: Number one, don't forget your wallet when you go to Texas.
Speaker 1: Thank you, trying to appreciate it, Jason, number two.
Speaker 7: Number number two, are they doing anything? Did you get any special needs discounts for the airline?
Speaker 1: That's fun?
Speaker 9: Come on.
Speaker 1: Only only Greg. Thanks, that's fine.
Speaker 3: I love the opposite reactions we have here. No, it's like you were like, oh no, you're that funny. We continue, show unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 9: Come on, come on with it, undoud do.
Speaker 3: First time I've last at that joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're in a good mood. It's one hundred.
Speaker 3: Come on, we continue, uh Rick Burgess show on screen phone calls.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Hey, good.
Speaker 18: Morning here you guys, one hundred. Yeah up, great, good times.
Speaker 1: Come on, Oh I like this lady.
Speaker 18: There's a party going on right here, and we need to spend that wheel.
Speaker 2: Oh, I say, hey, come.
Speaker 1: On, put you on hoe. We're coming back spending it. Really Yeah, what do you do?
Speaker 9: I like her?
Speaker 1: I like her inerg I know who we want.
Speaker 2: I like her right there.
Speaker 1: We're gonna spend it when we come back. I like that kind of effort.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Top of the hour. More of the Rich Burgess Show coming up. Box seats are here too.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 16: Welcome to the Ricks Birch Show, broadcasting.
Speaker 1: From the Real World with Speedy, Greg.
Speaker 6: Handler and Rick Burgess.
Speaker 1: Book up from there, acus.
Speaker 2: Time for the show.
Speaker 13: Let's Go America.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Big.
Speaker 19: Burgess Show, broadcasting from the Real worst Speedy Greg Adler, Greg Handler.
Speaker 1: And Rick Burgess book off from there cuts time for the lot to do. Box seats filling up.
Speaker 3: Blue Burgess Ball Battle coming this Hourlo and Uh Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: I was gonna I was gonna let it.
Speaker 3: Was it Glenda or Glendos. I was gonna let her spend the wheel because of her enthusiasm on day one hundred.
Speaker 1: Uh, but she we lost all I hate Yeah, so did you I guess I'll take it? Did you go over that'll have on the trip. Did you did you? Did you go over and know that? I'm surprised, so we have.
Speaker 3: You know, it's it's interesting that somebody on the text Nation said Gary has not congratulated us on one hundred. You didn't come by for the one hundred. I hey, I mean, hey, you know it's more more of that weekend. Me and Glenn's down here at Lake mintri And I mean I just couldn't get there. I mean, I don't really honestly need to be on the show.
Speaker 1: I really don't.
Speaker 3: Course, everywhere I go, everybody's asking me when you're gonna be on the show? I had here She is okay, okay, okay, are we doing this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure, okay, all right. So it says is it Glinda or Glendoe?
Speaker 9: Glinda Glinda?
Speaker 3: For some reason, the computer here is remembering you as Glendoe.
Speaker 1: That has the best type of.
Speaker 18: Every time I call it?
Speaker 2: Does that?
Speaker 8: Ye?
Speaker 1: Are you from?
Speaker 3: Are you from bell Buckle?
Speaker 18: Tails, Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: Variations about Glinda? Where is bell Buckle, Tennessee?
Speaker 18: Bell Buckle, Tennessee is about eighty miles west of Chattanooga. We're around Murphysboro, Tennessee is.
Speaker 1: Right in the middle. So how do you get the show?
Speaker 18: Yeah, a little historical town. We're known for RC Colon MOONTI.
Speaker 1: Well how about that.
Speaker 3: That's cool, that's right, that's right, so much better than things Greg's known for.
Speaker 18: So that's right. We've listened to you guys for thirty years. My husband and I've always tried to get the seats and I can never get any Well.
Speaker 3: Today that is today that luck changes because because we're getting with you, we're about to spend the wheel. So how do you get the show?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 3: What platform? What platform do you.
Speaker 1: Get it on?
Speaker 18: We get it on YouTube?
Speaker 1: YouTube?
Speaker 9: Cool?
Speaker 3: All right, Well, Glinda, today, today we're gonna we're gonna We're gonna.
Speaker 1: Make that happen.
Speaker 3: We're gonna let you because of your enthusiastic one hundred.
Speaker 18: Great recover from.
Speaker 4: Laid Up a Day for Glinda.
Speaker 3: So, Glinda, who do you want to on show one hundred? Who do you want to spend the will for you?
Speaker 1: Would you like that? Have to be Adler, Greg Speedy or me?
Speaker 18: Oh man, you're on my favorite. I let Adler come out, Doaddler?
Speaker 1: All right, Glinda, standby, come on out? Oh little joke, that's fine. You're good, she said. She said, let my favorite come on out. Yeah, she said, let the man come on.
Speaker 6: Come after I'm doing spending this wheel. Make sure you get back in that kitchen and bust some SuDS.
Speaker 3: Alright, wait a minute, are you so, Glinda? You have to say it's it's will to me and then he'll spend it.
Speaker 18: Okay, I will and go thatll ahead, it's will to me.
Speaker 1: There, big man's futing. They go, big Man. He got big man tall, they got big man. All right, here we go, man, you got alright? Can I think Glenn's gonna win some month? The big span there will be lightly Come on.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm sorry it landed. I'm sorry it landed.
Speaker 1: Adler. Oh wow this yeah, we got there. We go, Glinda, just spun you on the wheel. Okay, oh got nothing?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 6: You got wasn't expected.
Speaker 1: Expected.
Speaker 3: You're henry.
Speaker 1: You gotta make the SuDS. Yeah, you're gonna make the kids cry. Put that back, put it back on. You don't show people.
Speaker 6: Take your mask on at off speeding like assaulted me earlier.
Speaker 1: It's been a rough day. I didn't know what you were on.
Speaker 3: Mc Graham, come here, Thank you for listening to the show. We're glad you're recovering and sorry that you did win.
Speaker 1: You you smun a bit.
Speaker 3: It can be a bit, it can be a bungler, it can be bucks and you hit a bit.
Speaker 4: So there it is.
Speaker 1: I kind of I know that was That was that one out there. That was a tough one. And there you go. That's the first time he's ever done that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he was at the end of his roof. He's been through a lot. The show almost has almost poured too much on him in too short period of time. You know, like you get an ice cream headache. Don't you feel like the show's moving at a tempo today that just kind of gives you a show headache.
Speaker 1: There's too much happening too quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Literally, I was like do I do this? I had the one hundred joke and then I'm just like I got nothing. You want a drum solo?
Speaker 15: Like what do I do?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like you have in the head, Henry's got to play it, not you, right, Okay, Yeah, there you go, this is what she wanted. Let's go.
Speaker 9: Here we go.
Speaker 1: There you go?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 4: Great seeing that, Yeah, really showing out.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yeah, you're cool a good boy. Yeah, you're cool again. Yeah it won't last, but yeah, that's bonus.
Speaker 6: That's all I got.
Speaker 1: Very good. I hope it lands on there again later there's.
Speaker 6: Still out of breath from wrestling with Speedy, like.
Speaker 3: Have you seen all the have y'all seen all the memes? Have you seen all the memes?
Speaker 1: When he lays on the ground, I don't know what he's doing and he goes, come here. I didn't know what he means here, yes, like.
Speaker 6: His little fingers Like I watched it over and you just can't it came on in.
Speaker 3: It was, by the way for wrestling from text Nation. Wait a minute, Adler is Henry the Horse?
Speaker 1: Say you what you did? Guys?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. There's anything I help kids that are scared of masks?
Speaker 1: You know what else?
Speaker 3: The textor says, Now, I'm starting to wonder about this Dicky Nadmar thing.
Speaker 1: I'm not so sure he's real.
Speaker 6: By the way, you really, for parents out there, this is a parenting gets your kids around masks early, pop it on, pop it back off, pop it on, pop it back off, because you don't want to have that like five year old that's like scared of masks.
Speaker 1: Grow up, start scaring them early. You're five, That's what that was.
Speaker 6: I was helping the people.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you just told parenting tip. I've never seen any parenting magazine. I've never heard it on any talk show. Start showing your kids masks early so.
Speaker 6: They understand it.
Speaker 1: Yes, you make a good point. Yes you've seen that kid before. Let's care the masks. I'm in second grade. I'm scared of the mask. Grow up.
Speaker 6: A tough Love's try and make up for this.
Speaker 3: Sorry about that. By the way, somebody's figured something else out. I noticed since Helmsey left the show, we don't hear from ms K anymore.
Speaker 1: I'm drawing a line. Why why he was?
Speaker 9: He was good?
Speaker 3: He sounded convincing, didn't We'll be back More of the Rick Burgers Show coming up right after this.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgers Show. Get us signed copy of Rick's new book, Men Don't Run in the Rain for Father's Day by going to Theman Church dot com.
Speaker 3: You want to sign copy before we need to get him in by June the ninth. Those orders and sign copies of the new book, Men Don't Run in the Rain. You can only act says that link by Rick Burgess Show dot Com Themanchurch dot com or Burgessministries dot com and look for the red link that says click here for sign copy. But you got to have that done by June the ninth, if to make sure we get them all done.
Speaker 1: All right, So we've got a couple of things we want to do today.
Speaker 3: Show one ingred the first one hundred days of the Rick Burgess Show. And we're going to do a burgessball battle today.
Speaker 1: And we've got the box seats are full. So Speedy reach into the little red hat the Greggs.
Speaker 3: Holding and draw out the two numbers that will battle each other for a chance at the wheel. Okay, and Speedy will go over to the courts, get the get the court illuminated, and get it ready to go. So Speedy tell us which lucky vok seat people are going to play each other in the Burgess ball battle.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see the number seven was drawn that Sarah Cooksy Sarah Sarah Cooksie Sarah is taking on number ten drawn here cohen Hurst cohen Hearst away. Minute, Okay, do they know what you're like?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 1: You're dainty y'all?
Speaker 8: Or dating?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Ah, he looks like a ball or two you, so watch out.
Speaker 3: I want you to fast forward to the future. So what happened with you and Cohen? Oh well, it was great to he was a jerk and burgess ball battle. It was never the same after that.
Speaker 1: Uh so, will y'all come on? Here they go.
Speaker 3: They're battling each other, all right, speedy goes.
Speaker 1: Edition of a very uncomfortable burgess ball battle. It is all right, so we're gonna turn this on here again. You each have your own lane. Okay, don't get too close to each other and start flirting during this. All right, So you got thirty seconds. First, twenty gets two last ten. It is three points. Okay, I'm gonna get this going here. We're gonna wait, all right, get ready and wait and go. All right, here we go.
Speaker 6: It is on.
Speaker 1: It was all right. Now we have got Cohen ahead of Sarah. Four nothing six nothing easy here, Cohen, it's easy. Cohen. It is eight nothing okay, eight two okay, it is uh ten to four right now, Cohen over Sarah. It is ten to six. Oh, very smart, very smart code.
Speaker 6: It's ten tens.
Speaker 1: It's twelve to tens.
Speaker 16: He's going it's yeah, like free, it's fifteen to fifteen. You know my graces, that's five second slam. Cohen is over, Oh, twenty one eight, here's twenty one, twenty one. There's a time, says the first ever comes. There's the first ever comes.
Speaker 2: It's wow.
Speaker 1: This is a fast trumpling and grace twenty one to twenty one. Oh, it's like the it's like the athlete and uh, it's like the athlete in Cohen couldn't come out. It's like he's like, I gotta come back. Uh, so we're gonna do what we gotta.
Speaker 9: Do it again.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a time. What I was thinking now or what it is?
Speaker 8: This?
Speaker 1: Woell?
Speaker 3: They each get three shots and then whatever those three shots produced, the other has to beat it, and that'll be that'll be sudden down.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, Sarah is gonna go first. Cohen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, hang on, Cohen, settle down? Can you can you keep score?
Speaker 1: Speedy?
Speaker 7: There you go?
Speaker 1: So just three shots, three shots, three free shots. So I'm gonna turn come over here if you don't mind, Cohen, and then whatever she let you go, no heckling or anything. And these are all two point shots. It's the best of three. Here here we go all right, all right, it's short. That's okay.
Speaker 3: Rim there all right? So much pressure, so much pressure.
Speaker 1: The second, the second one, there's two okay, made the said I made one?
Speaker 9: What a three?
Speaker 1: Alright? So three Cohen.
Speaker 3: All you gotta do is hit two shots and you'll go to the wheel.
Speaker 1: All right, Cohen, here, come on, Cohen, interesting, Cohen is a lot of okay, Oh my gosh, you missed it. There's so much pressure.
Speaker 16: God gracious, well play well play.
Speaker 1: That's a smart dad. Sarah is the winner. Sarah, here's the winner. All right.
Speaker 3: So Sarah, the will he must you know what. He really likes her, He really does, he really likes he.
Speaker 1: Thinks it's gonna work.
Speaker 4: He feels good about it.
Speaker 1: All Wait, hold up, we have to make sure we're ready. Money money, money, money, all right, So Sarah, here's the deal.
Speaker 3: You must say it is will to me, and you have to say it loud, almost in your one hundred voice, it's real to me. And then and then you spin it and then let's see, let's see if the will produces today for Sarah, it's will to me. Whenever you're ready, all right, there, you're okay, Oh my goodness, come on, Sarah, Come on, Sarah, Sarah, Sarah, here we're getting Hey, hey Sarah want a turkey?
Speaker 9: Call it?
Speaker 1: She doesn't know she should clamb not. Sarah doesn't know what to do.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, little Sarah, if you want to, you know, I'll send you a turkey cone. Take you you can gob but godin and bring up in the big goblins and bring it in. I mean, that's that littlettle gleann down here, let me meet you, all right.
Speaker 1: So now I'm just gonna offer something up and celebration of the hundredth show. Why don't we let him spend two for a real spin?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, the accounting, no, no, no, I got it. I'm thinking it's not. Let me tell you this, I get it.
Speaker 3: If we hear the money music, it's a yes. If we don't, it's a no. Okay, okay, show one hundred and because you clearly let her win, we're going I don't think he let her win. Hey, do you agree? I don't think he let her win in the real battle, but he let her win and over time.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's a smart guy.
Speaker 7: Smart.
Speaker 1: So this is a legitimate spin. Yes, this is legit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, do you know what to say. All right, say it loud and give it a rip. We got Let's say this is a this is a legitimate spin because it's the one hundredth show.
Speaker 1: And Speedy asked, I just know it's good.
Speaker 19: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I know I'm with you. Kind of had a meeting on their Yeah, so, Cohen, you just won five hundred dollars. Oh Cohen, well done? What hey?
Speaker 5: Now you got?
Speaker 3: You got five hundred dollars in a nice little cute turkey call for you little lady.
Speaker 1: So there you go. Oh that's good.
Speaker 3: Five hundred dollars, five hundred dollars. So, yeah, me too, I almost really, I forgot. I had a Rottor code, I got, I got it. I got excited. Are you okay in there? H?
Speaker 10: Huh?
Speaker 1: Should you even speak?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 1: You were good? You were good?
Speaker 2: That was uh good?
Speaker 1: Cohen?
Speaker 3: How's that feel? Five hundred dollars? You know the beauty of that too? You you won't even get taxed on that. Yeah, we don't have to do a W nine.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's do you.
Speaker 3: Realize that during the game that ended up a tie? Her comeback you were down by teens? Really good, it's impressive. Yeah, it was impressed behind run. Once she settled down, she got a pretty good shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she really does. So for reason Cohen started missing. I don't know what's up with that.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll say it worked out and overtime, he uh, and it worked. You see when you do when you do the right thing, it pays off, doesn't it It does? It plays what I came back to you. All right, we'll come back and we'll meet everybody. But before we go North Alabama, here's something else that you could win. I mean, hey, we'll give away things. We'll give away things. Go right now for the ultimate North Alabama hunting road trip to Willow Oak Lodge. Hey, hey, you know something. If it was turkey and didn't share it to be ready.
Speaker 1: But it's not.
Speaker 3: It's deer, honey, and it's gonna cost. It's you know the cost there if you went on your own, about fifteen hundred dollars free range hunt beautiful Willow Oak Lodge. This is courtesy of our friends at Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourists Association, and it could be yours. And of course you're lodging and your meals are all paid for as well. Go to Alabama roadtrips dot org or go to Rickburgesshow dot com click the contest button, or you can click on sponsors. Either one you can find them. Now, whoever wins it, you are responsible for the right licensing and you follow all the laws of the great state of Alabama, and you're going to have a beautiful, beautiful trip. So go now to Rickburgesshow dot com and click on the contest button. You can also click on the sponsors and maybe you can win this next Alabama road trip. Courtesy of the Rick Burgess Show and Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association.
Speaker 1: We come back.
Speaker 3: We'll meet the folks that want to be introduced. Some don't, but we'll say hello to all of them. They'll get a chance on the big boy Mike right here in the box seats right up to this.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess Show. It's like eating lunch, cool table, the Rick courty shoes.
Speaker 3: Here we are Thanks you for being with us today. America text Nation noticing something, m did you enough? Text Nations said that they noticed that after Cohen won the money, Sarah pointed at her ring finger and everybody saw it. Oh wow, everybody saw it. The Text Nation saw it. They certainly did. Look at Cohen's red face. I don't know, my goodness, not as red as Speedies is about to be. Since you're five hundred dollars coming out of his next check.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Know, I'm surprised you Yeah, that's look right on the air. I was just celebrating. They got caught up in.
Speaker 3: That's all right, that's you know what. I'm glad to see him when and you know, let's face it, that's a good down payment. It gets it going. Yeah, how about old text nation? They know, why don't we say hello to the ones that are willing come to the big boy? Might I'll recognize them?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, but the ones that are willing to come to the So let's get Chelsea and Eric Hester up your high. Here we go. Here they come, here, they come, Chelsea and Eric.
Speaker 3: All right, so you remember we're not low talkers, and we're talking into the mine. So you already told me this. But for the audience, where are you from?
Speaker 6: We are from Indiana, Southern Indiana.
Speaker 3: Southern Indiana. And I'm just gonna go ahead and go there. According to Eric, he is all in the show.
Speaker 1: You hey, hey.
Speaker 22: Hey, well uh, he brings them back like he listens to him and work all day and then we sit and he tells me the really funny funny.
Speaker 3: One almost translated. It should be funny because.
Speaker 22: Sometimes your voice it's like your lips don't move, so I don't understand.
Speaker 1: You understand Alabamian. That's right. Yeah, yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: You'll have a voice of your own.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.
Speaker 7: We do.
Speaker 1: We have our own vernacular and all that. That's true.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad that you're here today. Thank you, and you know you always like you tell a judge, I'm here today under duress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Brownie, you did. Thank yes, o y fantastic sweet?
Speaker 3: Is that is that peanut butter on top?
Speaker 10: It is?
Speaker 6: Okay, peanut butter?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: So do you have any shout out your questions?
Speaker 6: Shout out?
Speaker 22: Okay, first to fifteen years of marriage, Yeah, there you go. And to my three girls, licoln, Adleie and Lilian.
Speaker 1: All right, So Eric, what about you?
Speaker 13: I just want to say thank you all for uh because I've listened to all about fourteen years and with that it's I work for you ps and so I arrive all day and so I listened to you all constantly on podcasts a lot, and so I can hear all the show the whole time. But I went I went through COVID and it went through everything, and it's there's a lot of funny moments that I've heard that you guys have like talked me through and went through.
Speaker 1: And I appreciate you all.
Speaker 3: Thank you enjoying the new show. Oh yes, yes, very much, very How do you get the show?
Speaker 1: Podcast? Podcast? So yeah, we don't have an affiliate. I don't think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have one in in the part of Indiania, but I don't think where you are. The other thing is to Greg got elated when you walk through because he thought you were Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Speaker 23: Said, I already said that I get. I get two things a year from people.
Speaker 1: I said.
Speaker 23: When I have sunglasses, when I put those on, I Getdale Hernel Jr. Or Prince Harry.
Speaker 3: That's that's that too.
Speaker 23: I get every from people, random customers all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you both for being here, and thank you for the for the brown. Thank you Dale Jr. Ready for that?
Speaker 19: U next, We've got that's funny. We got Joe, Well, we got John Hat Joe the Big Boy, Mike he's talking a bag Joe. He's talking about Joe has.
Speaker 1: Been on fire today? Yeah, well yeah, can I can I get a bark? So our motion came Joe? Where are you from Pinal, Mississippi? Oh yeah, Mississippi boy, look at it. Any questions or shout outs? Thanks for all the gifts today.
Speaker 24: More than welcome. Well, Patty, I don't want to love anybody out. Okay, four hours going up.
Speaker 3: That's a guy who's ready for a shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to hear it when to go back? He also has a would you rather for great coming on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: A shirt for rock and Roll City. Thank you too much to.
Speaker 24: My wife Shaddon going to speech here all the pickleballers from Oxford, Mississippi.
Speaker 1: Pinotalk Mississippi. Uh, people of Mississippi.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 24: And then a special shadow I don't forget. Yes yesterday it's Spain Park, right, not Span of Spain.
Speaker 1: You got pick a ball court there exactly.
Speaker 24: We went there yesterday and met a young man named Walt, and we played fantastic young young man.
Speaker 1: But Walt, here's your shout out. I promise you, yeah, yes, you got.
Speaker 24: Y'all have created the perfect show. Me and my wife every morning YouTube. Thank you and it's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Somebody appreciate that we've got a new be here, John, are you new? What's the deal on to the just tag along guys? Are you not in the loop? Do you know what's going on? No, I'm not in the loop.
Speaker 25: My bottom the loop. Don't know what's going in the same area. From my accent, you can tell I'm from Pontalkmas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wa for Chicago. Yeah, maybe maybe you can translate for Chelsea.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How you feeling it? You okay, you're digging it so far. I'm loving it.
Speaker 3: When you think about the shirtless guy with a horse head, you didn't see that coming, did you know?
Speaker 1: Very unusual? And the coyote is creeping me out.
Speaker 3: So you have any questions or shout outs you want to give?
Speaker 25: My lovely wife Donna, got nine grand kids. Yeah, and we just love play pickle ball and pickleball Wall took us to school.
Speaker 3: There's some good players down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We yeah, very swear sharing now playing when we get.
Speaker 25: Rick's a little bit of well, yeah, I'm just talking to Joe pretty much. I'm just I'm just here for looks candy relationship. I never got a bag full of stuff.
Speaker 24: Good mind, okay, Rick, because you do play a little pickball. You do play a little pickleball. So uh, this is my brand.
Speaker 1: Funky pickle, that plug, funky pickle. That would you don't have a I'm assuming you don't want to meddle yet. This is kind of you in the whole show. Thank you. Thanks bro? Uh there you is your microphone in your face. We engraded on the place. I know that, Greg.
Speaker 24: You know, even though Trump's in office, prices is still high. So we can't beat cheering up all the bread. So I looked long and hard to find you a Gregg's personal punch.
Speaker 1: Me peep right here, you can elbow your pink. That's a lot of childhood and spitty. This is for you. I hope it still means what I wanted to mean. But things have happened since I got this. Get the break. I teme more about it. But open that up and se if you like uh the record one, Yes, there's too both, but one more coaster. One of them is personalized.
Speaker 3: Oh my, oh my goodness, kes got MISSIPI states.
Speaker 1: I hate they got put out the other day. Is this is this the current?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's the whole team and the middle kid. I think the Hunter guy whatever you know, you would know what he's uh personalized. Look, Pico's on there, how about his own? Just about every player is on there, and then the other one is the coach. But of course he got fired. So yes, now that means nothing. He is looking but he wasn' very kind for you anyway. So whatever, Joe, thank you, appreciate you. Enjoy the rest of the show.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 3: So all right, up next, we've got uh Steve Cooksy and he'll join Cole and Cohen Hurst.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so, uh so you're the birthday boy, are you, Stephen?
Speaker 3: Yes, I am Stephen Steve, not Steve Steve Stephen Stephen Cooks Stephen. You'll mid fault you, Steve do I answered about anything, No, Stephen Cooksy, Happy birthday, Thank you, it's great to be here. Well, thank you for bringing all the goodies today too, good gracious cakes.
Speaker 1: Absolutely cool. I mean to have a cake on your birthday. How old are you today? Forty eight? Forty eight? So any shout out your questions?
Speaker 26: Yeah, I can't say, uh, shout out to all my family, but well, shout out to my brother Buddy and his wife Lynette, because I know they're watching on YouTube right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, so, okay, that's kind of a morning routine for them. Yeah, that's good because when I don't know somebody's name, I'll say Buddy, but his name is really Bud. And none of none of them your other family wanted to get up here with.
Speaker 6: You, none of them.
Speaker 26: Let me run through it real quick. I'm my wife Tracy here with me. We've been married for twenty five years. Next to her is our oldest daughter.
Speaker 1: Savannahnah, who is married to Cole Cole.
Speaker 26: Okay, and then our daughter Sarah, younger daughter is here, who played against her boyfriend Colin.
Speaker 3: How did you feel about a pointing out her finger?
Speaker 1: Is he is?
Speaker 16: He?
Speaker 1: Is he worthy?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so we're talking about it. We know we got we know you got that.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you and happy birthday, Thank y'all. What about Cole Cohen coming up? Cole you first?
Speaker 1: What's up? But you got any questions and shout outs?
Speaker 11: No real questions, just shout out my mom and my dad and uh my co workers at Rush Hospital and it in. I told him I shot him.
Speaker 1: Out Mississippi in the house.
Speaker 11: So yeah, yep, but I do listen to y'all some and think y'all are great and enjoying a lot?
Speaker 1: Are y'all brothers? We are Cohen? We wait a minute, brothers. Did y'all Cohen, did you set up your younger brother? Yeah? Did you set him up with the sister?
Speaker 11: They've fown each other for a long time. Well, but they didn't start dating until after me and Savannah were.
Speaker 1: Engaged. Saurage. Now, Sarah, what happened here?
Speaker 23: I actually gave Cohen a check yes or no card about two years ago.
Speaker 3: So you like, so your sister married this guy, and you see the brother, and you go and and you actually asked the brother any interest.
Speaker 1: Here at all? Rent in his house, gave him the card, and he called me about an hour later. Easier, So, Cohen, is that you remember it that way?
Speaker 9: Yep?
Speaker 12: I was shirtless in my living room watching the Celtics play, and she just barched up in my house, dropped the.
Speaker 1: Card at my feet and check yes, and you check yes. That's pretty good. Well yeah, I called her and told her, yes, oh that's great. You said, quick as this game is over, I'll get back to you.
Speaker 3: And then you won five hundred dollars today. Yeah, full circle about that. What a day celebration, What a celebration? You got any shout outs or any questions?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, shut out my dad and the West Lardille baseball team. They're currently playing in the for a Mississippi state championship.
Speaker 1: Right, good lure. Well, thank you all for being here, just giving up for everybody. Say well, what if you get a surprised or in proposed.
Speaker 6: Life saying why would you say that?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry?
Speaker 6: Now it's a disappointment thinking that we were all thinking that, why would you say?
Speaker 1: You can tell he's about catch an airplane. He's just calling. I'm tearing up the house. I'm out. We'll be back.
Speaker 3: More of the Rick Burgess Show coming up right into this.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess Show. The people who don't like this show, you wouldn't like anyway, the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Here we go America.
Speaker 3: One hundred days of the Rick Burgess Show, and we're celebrating the first one hundred and praying that there's many, many, many more having a blast, and.
Speaker 1: We thank you for being with us today.
Speaker 3: We're about to lose Speedy, so I want him to get this because you know, the first one hundred days, Adler said that we have a very special message, special message today, Speed, I didn't want you to missed this before you, you know, leave us.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 3: So I'll just let Adler, you know, kind of set it up and then I'll pot it up and get it ready going on here, so you now have control of the ship.
Speaker 6: Check check Oka there is okay, all right, So we have a very special message. It's show one hundred and we we've heard from this friend of the show before, but I think it's just because it's the show one hundred. Congratulate us.
Speaker 1: What an encouragement.
Speaker 6: Here is the great Oh my goodness, Oh yeah, here's the Great William Hung.
Speaker 8: Okay, Hey, Rick, Ruth, Greig, Special Steed, and Big Adler. This is William Hung. Congratulations on one hundred episodes. Even though you guys have cake, granola and yoga foot break, lest I'm still proud of you. Tell Larry to collect more patches and tell Gerry. I said, hey, Richard, here that's song for you.
Speaker 21: And just do it.
Speaker 1: Be what you want to be, do what you want.
Speaker 27: To do, be true yourself, and just do it. Be what you want to be do what you want to do because he's all up to you.
Speaker 1: What did you can just hear his intro again? Sure, because when he runs it list, Yeah, I noticed he said big. I think you said. That's what I'm after.
Speaker 6: That's what people call me outside of the show.
Speaker 8: Hey, Rick, Ruth, Greig, Special, Speedy, and big Adler, Jesus William Hung. Congratulations on one hundred episodes. Even though you guys have cake, granola and yogur foot breakfast, I'm still proud of you. Oh my goodness, Patches, and tell Garry, I said, hey, Richel.
Speaker 1: Was trying to Gary up there and just do it.
Speaker 27: Be what you want to be, do what you want to do, be true yourself, and just do it what you want. I'm still going do what you want to do because he's all up to you.
Speaker 1: There we go. How many times you think he's sung that trying to say hey Robert. Yeah, he meant to say hey Robert, Robert Richard, Okay, got it, Robert, And he said that was rude, Greg, right, not Ruth, Greg.
Speaker 3: That it's still not quite You would think this far down the road, let's just call it. You would think this far down the road, he would be speaking better English, you would. I mean this far down the road, he's kind of like Arnold, like you said, getting over And that's how we all stay away from his last name, don't it's his second You.
Speaker 1: Think I would.
Speaker 3: Know by the way people are tying. People are tying us meeting the vox seats. They're saying that a George Straight song just lived itself out here. I think he's got a song about checking yes. Did he have one called check yes?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: His check yes or no? You guys don't know that song?
Speaker 1: And you know how you know we how we would probably not know it the fact we've never listened to his music.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, then why do y'all hate him somewhere?
Speaker 1: I don't hate him hates I'm just not.
Speaker 6: Interested the music video he'sne has little kids in the school and they're handing notes to each other.
Speaker 1: I thought, that's what you mentioned. Can we hear like three seconds? You'd love to get an archives that's it. We didn't. We didn't third grade.
Speaker 3: But you know, like he's tapping his boot. Oh no, look, look he's just great. Look the new book that Greg's got coming out. We just got a framed copper and get it out from behind the mics trying to say something. It's trying to say, hold it up.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 3: There's Greg's new book. Men don't listen to George right by the way. I love when the text Nation said a George Straight song just lived itself out on the show. Make fun of that, Greg, okay, which he will do?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Come on, I see your son j C here. You don't think he loves the Dallas Stars. He's ready to go the first time, first time before the first time to fly. That's all right, Daddy's gonna be sitting next to you, bro. I wish I wish you were on a bigger plane. I'm just gonna be on come to the big boy Mike right there, right there, he's I got a job now, got hey, interesting choice and shoes they're comfortable. Okay, we'n be doing a lot of walking. Okay, that's right. You're planning on going to a compound somewhere.
Speaker 6: What's what's wrong.
Speaker 1: Walking?
Speaker 9: Walking?
Speaker 1: Why? They're terrible walking? You gotta have some support and this is his way getting new shoes. I guess I'm happy to get his new shoes. We're gonna have a lot of time to walk around find shoes. Yeah, we get there. What is it? What is it like though?
Speaker 3: When like you're you know, with your dad, and you know, most most kids, this is not why he came up. Well, most most kids have a hope that they might get a souvenir. You know that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 28: Yeah, So, I mean no, I had to bring my own graduation money because I know he ain't gonna get me anything.
Speaker 1: It's not true, buddy. I mean you're going okay, I'm putting Uncle Greg on you.
Speaker 20: Now.
Speaker 28: Are you excited? I'm so excited. My my roommate went to the game two days ago. He said it was so fun.
Speaker 1: So he had a good window. How many fights were in it? Three? I like any sport, lets you fight? Yeah, you know, how are you liking new job? It's fun? I said, you're taking it down off a little quick.
Speaker 4: I mean what you put into harmins.
Speaker 1: He worked to days. They can be.
Speaker 3: Everybody's out of the office. You may have a future in radio that kind of work. Well, I hope you'll have a great time. I'll kidd in decide straight up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna take plenty of videos, so you know I should document that on them a little story. Yeah, let us know what's going on. We want to see what's now. You don't this one here at about two pm, he's gonna forget I left well that, but I'll remember when you send me a video Tuesday. I'll come back. Go man, we have fingers. Where did you go?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 1: All right, you ready, you're about to go? Yeah, go stars, all let's go go my hand the whole time. We'll come right back. Stay closer.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Listen up.
Speaker 2: Like the voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burchard Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why we're here. That's why we're here making sense of it all. Thank you for being with us today America. Speedy is off to Dallas, Texas. Greg Adler's still here this hour of vaunt. Seats are still here this hour, and we'll grind through the rest of the stories today and hit some comments and emails and things like that from you.
Speaker 1: As the Rick burg just showed, Day one hundred continue.
Speaker 3: Okay, so as we start the hour, I kind of felt bad like somebody should have told Speedy son JC. I mean, let's be honest, we know Speedy pretty well. Yeah, when would he tell his son he's actually taken him to a w NBA game.
Speaker 1: You know how cheap is.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's no way he bought those Dallas or no, yeah, there's no way. So that's gonna happen. That came off the text Nation And by the way, that was a good one. Uh, greg I'm afraid the seats have got a would you rather for you? What?
Speaker 1: I rather? What this comes from? Joe?
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, let me tell you how Joe prepared. He let me tell you that son of a gun came in here wide open. The I mean, he drawed back like a flip. He got everything. Joe and you and I have talked about this. Let's he's off the coffee, okay, Uh, this's just just take it down. Maybe a cup, maybe a cup? Uh, but a good one. This is for you, Gregory. Would you rather option one? Spend an afternoon sonning by the pool with Chaz Bono shirtless watching a cat eat her kitten? That's option one?
Speaker 1: That's one.
Speaker 3: That's one, or I thought you could swap out, or okay, go to an all day concert with the following acts, Alan Jackson, George Jones and Toping it off with our headliner George Straight, who will sing all fifty two of his number one hits while you sit front row, dead center.
Speaker 1: Are they selling beer because you need it? Which which one I'm gonna have to I'm gonna have to go with George Straight? Really? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's bad. That's that's interesting. That's a long concert. Chasmo, you just couldn't do that. Well, it's you know, y'all trying to get me in trouble, to get.
Speaker 1: You in trouble.
Speaker 3: It's just nobody has to try to get you in trouble.
Speaker 6: Trust me, it would be awkward because y'all don't know each other. Y'all aren't like that.
Speaker 1: That's right. You know by the end of George Straight, I may like his music at that point, sure doubt it. That had to wake me up? Are you saying him up?
Speaker 3: Are you saying you may like it because of getting a yes to your question?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That'll help you along the way absolutely for you know what. You might be singing it too.
Speaker 1: You might be checking you, George, checking yes, George, you I was wrong? U.
Speaker 3: Also from from Hayburd hay burge a Greg question, why yeah? And you have been remissed on this one from Jim hay Bird j Burge. What has happened to Greg uh? He has not made one comment, not one on the fact that there are six Oscar Mayer Wiener Wiener mobiles racing at Andy today.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Did everybody know this? They're going to race the Winner mobiles knew that here, she knew that. She didn't even know about the show, and she knew that. You're in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: Why why?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Well? Greg? I guess they think it's a cute see.
Speaker 3: Little, we're just the promo video. Okay, Okay, here we go. This is the There's six of them and they're all gonna race and be very fast. I've actually, you know, we've actually seen them. We have had them in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: The Dooley's in the back.
Speaker 6: Didn't know that. Okay, it's not every day you get to make dog history.
Speaker 1: They've got racing suits and everything. Am I nervous? No, I'm home.
Speaker 6: I didn't drive a fourteen thousand pounds mineral bile across the country to finish in the second place.
Speaker 1: This is something special. So they're really racing, yes?
Speaker 3: Is the five hundred it's the Wienie five hundred. They did say, there's already been an issue. The Kardashians keep chasing the vehicles. So the all right, okay, all right, okay, all last night, I didn't say that's.
Speaker 1: All right, that was you. That was me. I'll get credited with that, but it was not Greg. That's not me. H. That was all right.
Speaker 3: But you know we we talked to the drivers when they were here and you were in college kids and they go around for it's almost like on a mission trip.
Speaker 1: Would you want to see this?
Speaker 6: I don't know if you know what a mission now?
Speaker 3: That what I'm saying that a mission te sign up for like a year, right, I mean you know when the Mormons you're using, no, you're doing all kinds of analogies that really times a year or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the Mormons sign up for for life, I guess, but yeah, but they go out on their mission.
Speaker 1: This is like a probe. Yeah, you know, this is like a program.
Speaker 3: Once you get in and you got us just like twelve months or something, they're all like college kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's interesting. Interesting.
Speaker 3: You said they gave us some of them whistles too. Yeah, they did, and you really took to it.
Speaker 9: Now, I was.
Speaker 3: I had a strange thing on that note talking about Mormons yesterday when.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 6: Speaking of Mormons.
Speaker 3: So first of all, I'm you know, I'm losing my hearing. You all know that, and uh and and and sadly, I've never seen the technician be so frustrated. I told this story hearing a while back.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 3: I went to the hearing test and and they and they called me for cheating. I mean the technician came in and said, mister bird, just can I ask you a question? Some of y'all heard me talk about this when happened. I said, yes, sir. She said, are you are you cheating? Are you just pressing the button because you think you should have heard the tone by that? And I was like yeah, And she was like, why would you? I mean, you're defeating the whole purpose of you're pretending you can hear better than you can.
Speaker 1: Are you trying to? I said, I'm trying to do well on it. I want to do well.
Speaker 3: And she said, well, we need to find out what you can hear and can hear. So there's a there's frequencies that over the years of headphones and that are rocking, all those years in rock bands, I've lost a frequency that I can't hear. So in our house, I don't hear refrigerator doors open. I don't hear the alarm. Yeah, when you didn't you don't shut it all the way. I can't hear that frequency. And my wife will go, do you not hear that? And I'm like, no, you've left it. You didn't shut the refrigerator all the way, And then I had I can't hear, like my alarm clock has to get to a certain frequency because it builds up and like she's hearing it long before I do and starts shoving on me. Uh, And so I didn't I don't hear the doorbell, like if we're downstairs and cheer, he goes, I just heard something somebody at the door. I said, well you didn't. I was like, what are you talking about? And she said, you didn't hear the doorbell. I said, we'll not down here. We're not on the same floor with the doorbell. And she said, somebody's ringing the doorbell. And I'm like okay. So I go up there thinking, you know, I don't know about y'all my wifle, she'll have something from Amazon. Oh yeah, lord man, good Now I keep wanting people to steal stuff off our porch, you know. I mean that these people that keeps you know this what they call they got a name, porch pirate, porch pirates. They just ignore my porch. So I go up there and he's he's about three quarters of the way up the driveway. Our driveway is a circle driveway, but it comes down because we live on like a little ridge. It comes down, you circle through and then go back up. And I noticed that this person, it's a young guy. He's got kind of frizzy hair, got his shorts on, and he's walking back up the driveway. He's almost to the top. And he didn't bring his car into the driveway. He's parked out on the Oh oh yeah. And I just went because I was we were watching something I wanted to watch, and I was like, I want to get into this. So I just I just let him get in his car and leave. I don't know who he was or what he was doing. And so Sherry said, what do you think it was Mormons? I said, no, no, no, no, Mormons don't wear shorts. And isn't that true? And plus he had a vehicle, not a bicycle. The Mormons never go out on the mission feeling shorts, right.
Speaker 6: That's I think they can wear shorts.
Speaker 1: I don't think they can. I think you're wrong about.
Speaker 6: They've got special underwear.
Speaker 3: I knew that special underwear.
Speaker 6: They yes, Mormons wear shorts, but they are encouraged to wear them modestly.
Speaker 3: But they don't wear them on their mission.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I've never seen them on their mission going door to door in shorts. I'm not saying they can never hold life hold don't wear shorts.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the women with the long dress. And I'm not being funny or starting. There's one not far from the house, and during the summer they have camp and I feel so sorry for them there in jeans. Oh my out playing volleyball.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you can see where shorts can get out, and we've all, yeah, people don't people don't know where to stop on shorts.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, they're in the boy in summer. It's tough.
Speaker 3: They even have get big, big groups walking down the road and they and all this stuff, and I'm like, I know, y'allre burning up, but I don't know why, because say, it had been a long day. I didn't want to be I don't know why I didn't just stop say hey, what's your deal? But I mean they live a package or nothing?
Speaker 1: No he didn't.
Speaker 3: And then I get into guessing, you know it was this a tree service, so you don't know what you want to know? Was this, Hey we want to expect inspect your roof so we can tell you need to do roof. You don't know who it is, and chairs like you didn't bother to find out who they were? And I was like, no, it was these three quarters way up and plus what if he engaged me and I had to get involved in what a hassle?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What if it's some tead acknowledge somebody.
Speaker 3: But I'm sor they didn't come down through the driveway. They stayed up on the road so that I didn't maybe this car was broke down, but that would have been even worse. And then I got pulled into helping somebody fix their car. I would have blew the whole the whole afternoon. But he drove off, so I guess the car was huh, so we'll be back. So if that was you I'm sorry, come back today.
Speaker 1: No, we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess Show. They are the uncles your parents warned you about the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Shattle America. Thanks for being with us today. All right, we're looking at taxt nation. Some theories that have come in anger. You don't know how to operate that thing? Did you know how to operate text nations?
Speaker 9: You know how?
Speaker 1: Ain't that hard?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: We good?
Speaker 3: So let's see all right, come on right there, let me see this one and I'll come down a little more a little more.
Speaker 1: Are all right?
Speaker 9: There? You go?
Speaker 3: All right, so sometimes things are still We didn't meanything negative by that. Here's a lot of Mormons, as you can imagine, texting in. It's not special underwear. It just reminds us to be modest. It covers up the most sacred parts of the body. I'm sorry, that's the very definition of special underwear.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: Negative.
Speaker 1: It's not like they're special.
Speaker 3: Designed underwear is covering those same spots.
Speaker 6: I think it's called like the temple garment or temple underwear something like that.
Speaker 1: Don't go too far with it.
Speaker 6: It's just, you know, if special wasn't making fun of.
Speaker 1: It long handles.
Speaker 3: Also, someone said that sometimes Mormons can wear shorts as long as they're not pross. That's a tough word on their on their off days.
Speaker 1: I'll leave it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when they're not prostaticizing No, Uh.
Speaker 1: They want to talk about don't answer the door really.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: They also said that it was likely Show Hunt Jack. That's possible. I didn't think about that. He finally found my house. Uh, so that is possible, and so uh yeah, and appreciate all of your feedback on that. Yeah, well, there's all kinds of possibilities. Somebody says that they brought the new book to be signed because Ironheel Press change their order.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. That's a good one. Good night, that's good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I think probably of all these right here, I'm thinking that Show Hunt Jack may be the most likely answer. Let me and thank you for all you wishing us the happy first one hundred days of the show.
Speaker 6: Rick, do you want to take a hearing test right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Not really, No, I've already I mean, I know where I'm struggling. Why do you want to rub it in?
Speaker 6: No, I'm not trying to rub it in. I just thought since you've cheated on that one for some reason, you.
Speaker 1: Would not go again. All right, here we go. What am I doing? All right?
Speaker 6: So it's going to start high and it's going to go down to low and hopefully you can hear it by at the time it gets to hear all right, So this is mostly everybody's dogs are going to go crazy right now. It's playing right now. Still can't hear it?
Speaker 15: I hear it?
Speaker 1: Now, there it is.
Speaker 6: Can you hear that?
Speaker 1: Really? Yeah, it's faint, but I hear it.
Speaker 6: It's faint.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hear it, okay, and I can hear all that.
Speaker 1: Oh, there it is? There it is?
Speaker 4: You hear that?
Speaker 1: I heard that. I thought we were trying to hear them.
Speaker 3: There was the high pitch was good lord, I heard music in there was music underneath. You made me think I had fantastic hearing for a moment. It was it was I was like, man, I'm all over there. I go back now, I know what I'm listening for.
Speaker 6: You find a different one. This one has music underneath it. I don't like that at all.
Speaker 1: You know what you just gave me. I was elated.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, my hearing has gotten better. I don't know how, Probably because I cheated on that test, right right, I did the same.
Speaker 13: Are you with me?
Speaker 6: But this one I don't think has music underneath it. Why would you put music underneath a hearing test? All right, so everyone should be able to hear this.
Speaker 1: I can can hear eight thousand hurts both and not hearing impaired, but raising the frequency. Can you hear that? Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, you can't hear that.
Speaker 1: I can't. Okay, I can't hear that at all. Greg, you could hear that, yes, okay, I could too.
Speaker 6: All right, it's okay, you're you're well.
Speaker 1: Now you made me feel bad. It's well, it's not good what I thought.
Speaker 3: He said that I was at normal. I got I'm at normal. We're going to get a translator. I'm just not exceptional at hearing. My wife's been telling me that for thirty years.
Speaker 6: You remember all the times you made fun of me for teaching Ruby sign language. Now you're gonna have to learn it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks man forgot you. Thank goodness Ruby and Gregg's grandson, even though he's invented his own version of it that I don't think I can follow, Is that right?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Have you heard this story? No, Oh, my good, you didn't hear us talking about this. I forget about your little world.
Speaker 1: In there, y'all.
Speaker 6: Don't you don't bring me into stuff.
Speaker 1: Tell one of my grandsons. He was showing me. I didn't know what he was doing. I thought he was, like he said, with sign language. Oh. He said no.
Speaker 3: He said it's for people that can't hear. I said sign language, yeah, and then he kept doing So what did he goes? That means that my mom said, I can have another pop soa.
Speaker 9: That's what.
Speaker 1: That's real?
Speaker 12: Good?
Speaker 6: Was fantastic?
Speaker 3: A lot of people hearing something I didn't hear. Yeah, thank you wouldn't believe I enthusiastic.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 3: I was upbeat kind of how the show was going. It felt good about, you know, things going, and now you've maybe concentrated on things I could don't do well.
Speaker 6: One hundred like the Age of Your Ears a hundred.
Speaker 1: I thought it said, what was that first one? It said that was normal?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, it's the one hundredth episode.
Speaker 1: You know, Okay? Where was how bad off was it?
Speaker 6: It's not great, but it's you know, you're really good. You run the board every day in the show.
Speaker 1: Hearing age or anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, right, not yet.
Speaker 1: People say, put his heads out on after he's been wal it's like a boombox. Razy.
Speaker 3: I have to feel the show the someone in the military. Rick, don't feel bad in the military. We we cheat on hearing tests all the time. We used to take them right at the power company, and I was the same way. I would think where I thought it should be. Doesn't really help though, for them to evalue what you're here, you're here, I agree with that. Uh take lean dot com. How many of you raise your hand if you've done the yo yo dieding?
Speaker 1: Me too, Me too.
Speaker 3: You're not the only one. And I think the birthday boy has too. He's just not willing to raise his hand. But I saw him hit that bunk cake. He's seen it before. They're not strangers. Yeah, okay, so yeah, Tate Lane dot com. The yo yo dieting is not good for our health. That's not really an epiphany. I wouldn't think it would be. But it actually increases our chance for a cardiac event type two diabetes. No offense, Greg, And of course it also you didn't have to add that stroke. Stroke is an issue, so it's not good and a lot of times what happens is what do we do. I've been guilty of it.
Speaker 1: I've done it. You think I haven't done it.
Speaker 3: Fad diet, you lose a lot of weight short period of time, can't keep it off because you can't live that way the rest of your life. And then what happens You put to wait back on how many of you have lost weight, and then put more back on when you put it back on my hand and own. So with Tate Lane, this is natural. This is really what these shots are trying to accomplish without having to take a shot. It's it's all natural. And then it's gonna you know, it's gonna help you with the appetite, gonna help you with your sugar, keep it at a healthy level, and it's it's just you're gonna have energy. A lot of times you go on these fad diets and you feel so terrible, you go, I just soon be overweight and feel better. So this gives you a clean energy, uh, and then the weight comes off. Yeah, it's not gonna come off like quick, I mean, but it does come off. But it's sustainable and it's so much more healthy. So go to Taatelean dot com. Take Lian dot com from our friends at brick House Nutrition, use this code Memorial twenty five. Are Big Vox save twenty five percent right now as we celebrate and are grateful for Memorial Day. Takeling dot com use the code big Vox our Memorial twenty five, or just go to Rick Burgess Show dot com and look under the sponsors and we've got a number of people. Patty, I finally found a weight loss product that works. I wanted to lose twenty pounds or ordered using the code, and as soon as I start taking lean it curb my appetite and I started losing a few pounds a week.
Speaker 1: So there you go, Dad, I'm glad, glad to hear that we'll be back. We got a lot to do. We got headlines and stories.
Speaker 3: We'll hit some of your phone calls before we're done.
Speaker 1: I'll check the Hey.
Speaker 3: Burge file see if there's anything else there. It's one hundred, the first one hundred days of the Rick Burgess Show, and we are having a blast. Anything you missed today catching on the archives, either on our YouTube channel or our podcast channel.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get a signed copy of Rick you book Men Don't Run in the Ring for Father's Day by going to Themanchurch dot com.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So if you're if you're just wanting to get Men Don't Run in the rain, that's fine. But if you want to sign copy, you do need to use the links that we have on our website, either rickburgesshow dot com, then dot com or Burgessministries dot com.
Speaker 1: That's just if you want to sign, and we do have.
Speaker 3: Ironhel Press has given us a cutoff day that will be June the night. You need to have all those orders in by June the night to be sure that we get signed coffees to you by Father's Day.
Speaker 16: I know.
Speaker 1: That takes nation, takes the nation. Uh yeah, are awful. How about this? Raise your hand.
Speaker 3: If you hit the snooze button most every morning? Oh every morning, twice, every every five it's every okay, yeah, why why not? That's part of the routine. That's why I got my clock fifteen minutes fast. Stand by for a Debbie Downer.
Speaker 1: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 3: Most Americans hit the snooze button every morning. Here's why it's bad for your health. It ain't bad for your Hell, Greg, I'm Fox new You done got a coffee story earlier rhythm, Greg, Oh my goodness, more than half of sleep sessions in with the snooze button. When people sneak in an elect an extra eleven minutes? What have y'all got? Y'all set on? Mine's ten?
Speaker 1: I guess it's ten. I don't know why would it be eleven. I don't know why would it be nine? How weird is that?
Speaker 6: It's just that's what it does on the iPhone.
Speaker 3: Okay, A new study says this may not be a great idea.
Speaker 1: I'm about tired of these, Greg.
Speaker 3: They have actually tested more than twenty one thousand people globally. Okay, three million sleep sessions have been tracked. Fifty six percent used the snooze button.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: The heaviest users of the snooze button who used it more than eighty percent of the mornings.
Speaker 1: That's me.
Speaker 3: Including the study, they slept an average of twenty extra minutes. The heaviest snoozers were also shown to have more erratic sleep schedules, and if they used the snooze button less often, it seemed to kind of calm the sleep schedule. It made their sleep schedule. You're more erratic the snooze button.
Speaker 6: Yep, I think I gave myself narcolepsy by snoozing too much as a kid. I'm serious.
Speaker 1: Did you hear this?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 6: I'm serious?
Speaker 1: I think I gave.
Speaker 6: Myself because I can fall asleep anywhere we are. We are critically sleep deprived.
Speaker 3: Just don't you think that has something to do with in the job that we have. Don't you think that has something to do with it.
Speaker 6: It's kind of always been this way, and I used to on Saturdays, I would set my alarm for like an hour and a half early and snooze like eleven times because I because I liked going back to sleep. It was like, oh yeah, but you take that sleep boom and now you're making it weird.
Speaker 1: It was weird.
Speaker 6: And I think I gave myself narcolepsy because I can fall asleep like that. I can fall asleep anywhere. I could sleep in traffic, I can sleep anywhere I want.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, sleep, please don't sleep in traffic. Unfortunately, Adler, the snooze alarm disrupts some of the most important stages.
Speaker 6: Of sleepy No, I believe it.
Speaker 3: The hours just before waking up are rich and rapid eye movement sleep. Hitting the snooze alarm in a rupts those critical stages of sleep typically only offer light sleep in between the snoozes.
Speaker 1: Not doing you any good man, whatever. Just like this morning, you said we were drinking coffee at the wrong time of the day.
Speaker 3: I didn't say that. Researcher study the next year, they'll tell you the complete opposite. Scientists can detect junk food consumption and blood and urine test now, of course they can. They They're detect no longer just for drug the ultra processed foods. Now, this scares me a little bit that they would do a headline like this. Look, I'm all about trying to do better, but this the every just a little bit of this make America Healthy bunch again spooks me just a little. There's a there's a line, there's a I mean, I'm all about us doing better.
Speaker 1: I'm the red I'm all about.
Speaker 3: I'm all about researching problems with Alzheimer's and and and autism.
Speaker 1: I'm all about all that.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, I'm not about giving me a blood test to see if I've been eating ultra processed foods and then taking me into some sort of concentration camp.
Speaker 1: I am not for that. That's why are we having it? Why do we care?
Speaker 3: Why do we need a blood test to find out what people are eating?
Speaker 1: We know what we're eating. You don't have to tell me. Why why would you need to detect it? Yeah, that's what I'm saying. That drug are you? It's like a failed directors? Am I doing so? I'm not allowed to do? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That already scare you right there home.
Speaker 6: No, I'm a personal freedom guy. I'm with you. Should be educated, an educated consumer.
Speaker 3: Also, why would I need a Why would everybody need to test me to see what I've been eating?
Speaker 1: That's for what reason.
Speaker 6: I don't think anybody's going to test you.
Speaker 1: Why we got the test? Well, they have the test for what reason?
Speaker 6: For science?
Speaker 1: I'm for science. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: RFK Junior said something about it, but I had no idea what he said. Oh boy, stand by for this, stand by for this. See if this goes with my narrative. Everybody ready, half a dozen more steaks, Ban soda, banning soda, banning junk food purchases with food stamps. If you're going to get your food stamps, you can to eat healthy.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 3: If you thought something, didn't you, I could tell.
Speaker 1: That little chuckle. Yeah, I'm just thinking about if it's bad enough now you can't eat good stuff. Don't be like that.
Speaker 3: That's not This is to keep people having a hard time. Before you know it, maybe we may. We're not just banning it for food stamps. We're banning it for everybody, protecting, protecting us from ourselves. Well, job, electual government. Let me make decisions for you and tell you what you can and can't do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta.
Speaker 6: It's a slippery slope.
Speaker 3: It's slippery because before you know it, we don't like your religion, but we don't we don't like it. Well, we don't like all this Jesus stuff. We're gonna put you away too. You can't talk about that either. I don't like the government decide what we can and can't do with good Let's keep it, let's keep it inside the wall. Let's not be reaching out.
Speaker 6: I think the big complaint was, like snap and Wick, people were buying uh, you know, tons of sugary things, and that has we we we do see that. Like you know a lot of fat kids around. There's a lot of fat kids, A lot of kids with diabetes.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of fat kids.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 3: You know how you feel, you know when you feel when people talk about short people, right, that's how I feel right now?
Speaker 6: Okay, well, y'all talk about short people all the time.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, are you saying tough up chubbs.
Speaker 6: But there's also I mean, there's examples of like you can't you can't buy cigarettes with your snap money and things like that. You know you shouldn't be able to. But let's talk about what things you should and should not be able to get with government.
Speaker 3: Hello, work government. We're giving you government money, which by the way, is our money, right, and so we get to tell you what you can and can't do because you're you're coming to us for for help. Yeah okay, that I guess slippery.
Speaker 6: But yeah, let's but let's talk about it. Let's not go crazy, all right, you know, let's use let's use a steak knife, not a chainsaw or whatever. See them, it's an analogy.
Speaker 3: Like to thank all of you that say my red shirt makes me a little like kool aid. Thanks, that was a nice of them. Oh yeah, that's actually Gene Simmons Rick. I don't know what, uh, wildly popular gas station BUCkies. Oh yeah, anybody have I got Bucky fever. It's it's a little much, isn't it. Six flags over convenience store.
Speaker 1: It's a lot to take in preparing boots to beef jerky.
Speaker 3: I believe if you know, if you, if you're ever watching stuff, you remember the time I was the one that pointed out that I thought Barney was dangerous.
Speaker 1: Remember that?
Speaker 3: And uh, and I got some flags since he was appearing at the local mall. And I didn't know that on the radio station I was working on. And the salesperson who sold it not thrilled. But I but I, but I'll tra the right well I started. I was just pointing out that purple has six letters in it. Barney has six letters in it, and he had six spots.
Speaker 6: But but the by the way, Barney is definitely a brother. That dude can dance.
Speaker 1: He can.
Speaker 3: Of course, he's also somebody off on the song. It's still somebody else's tune and change the lyrics. Not a big not a great songwriter, No, just stills other people's stuff.
Speaker 6: A lot of nursery rhymes.
Speaker 1: I noticed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, BUCkies is now going to start opening in locations in New States this summer. So some of you that thought BUCkies was not available to you, you're about to get some BUCkies. BUCkies is taking over the world. The popularity of BUCkies worries me a little bit. Uh, it seems almost cultish, so many gas pumps in my life. It's overwhelming. It's overwhelming, it's large. People seem to be into it more than they really should be. It's okay to enjoy it, but have you ever met people like they're really into it? I'm talking about like not just hey, not just hey, here's a communion store. It's got a lot of stuff and a lot of pumps. Let's all go.
Speaker 1: Should be fun.
Speaker 3: That's fine, but some people have like it's it's it's BUCkies or nothing they're going to do. I was I would found myself someone who doesn't like busy things. I was overwhelmed by it. Well it's clean bathroom, though, a very clean bathroom, and I wish they had more of them, all right, So yeah, I mean they got a ton of them too.
Speaker 6: There's it looks like there's sixty over sixty BUCkies locations already.
Speaker 3: Well guess what, Virginia, you're getting one. You probably didn't see that coming. So Virginia is getting one, uh, and they're expanding out into other northern places. So that'll be good for our Yankee that's here in the golden ticket seat or the box seats today, former golden ticket seats. And she seems thrilled by that. You know, she says that we talk and don't move her mouth. Has she told you this year?
Speaker 1: I get accused of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Also looks like I thought we already have them in Mississippi. Uh, But Mississippi, it looks like you're in here. The first ones were in Texas, Yeah, and that's the first one I ever went to.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then we got three in Alabama.
Speaker 3: I think Georgia you're getting one about looks like about five hours below five hours southeast of Atlanta wherever that is. So, so there's there's more BUCkies coming. It seems to be expanding.
Speaker 1: He's doing well. Look they I applaud them, because you talk about somebody that's figured it out. The branding dler has the Bucky shirt.
Speaker 3: He wears it's a it's a marketing dream, it's a marketing dream picture.
Speaker 1: I applaud you. I fear you a little bit.
Speaker 6: But I applaud you, and they put out a good product.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 3: Now I start getting some Rick Burgess Show merch in your locations. Suddenly my narrative changes.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, we'll be back, beaver Nuggas. I knew you'd get that.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table?
Speaker 7: Cool?
Speaker 2: No, and get on the show. What eight eight eight six, big fog, Here.
Speaker 1: We go, America. Doll us up. We'll get to you as quick as we can.
Speaker 3: Rapid fire unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 1: That means the screening takes place live and live and live.
Speaker 3: So if your bolten call is not going anywhere, we'll kill it. If it does, we'll sit back and enjoy it. So we got them all open right now, so you can dial up at eight eight eight the number six Big Box coming out this weekend, episode three Tails from the camp House. It will be part one of the Burgess Bass Battle. We all have our own fishing tournament. We're all miked up, individual micing, individual camera people and even a drum.
Speaker 1: I forgot that a lot.
Speaker 3: Yep, yes you did, and so enjoy that before we much Before we get to Yes, Brody on his birthday today. Happy birthday, Brody. My sarch boy just sent me a text saying, I hope Uncle Greg's fans are not disappointed after I was done editing things that shouldn't be on there.
Speaker 1: He's not even in the episode. I as well stay though, so anyway.
Speaker 3: Now he's there on one little hay birds here, I want to do the whole theme of just run this. This feels pretty good.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: I have been contending that smash Burgers as everybody is trying to be sharp talking about a burger that's been around forever, and I love them. Here is hey burg hay Burge. I work at Sonic Drive In. I did that between twenty seven and twenty nineteen, particularly in the kitchen where the burgers are made. As you might know, Sonic is currently selling their smash Burgers alongside the regular burgers that they have already been selling. I bought a smash burger when they first begin promoting them underlined and in all caps.
Speaker 1: Rick.
Speaker 3: They are literally the exact same thing as the regular patties that I used to cook on a regular basis. If there is a difference, it's little to none because it doesn't change the taste and they've always had the crispiness I do.
Speaker 6: Like a sonic burger.
Speaker 3: Well you know what else, you could call it a smash burg which is exactly what I was saying.
Speaker 1: Forever you hear me.
Speaker 3: I know they've been around forever. Greg to the phones, we go, Hello, Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: You're on.
Speaker 1: Unscreen phone calls, Go ahead, happy oneas you're supposed to say, what hundred? Well happy one hundred? There you go. What's on your mind?
Speaker 9: This is the BUCkies man. Just want to tell you all them cameras are still on shore.
Speaker 8: Guys.
Speaker 1: That's good. BUCkies.
Speaker 3: Take some of that money y'all make and put some of it on the show. We continue, unscreen phone calls. Hello, you're on the Rick Burgess Show. Go ahead on what hudred? What's on your mind?
Speaker 9: I just want to say those men in the pickleball fight, they definitely run in the rain.
Speaker 1: Oh I agree with that.
Speaker 20: Boy.
Speaker 3: You could tell, you really could tell. Hello, Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Hey man, all right, so you're talking about the snooze button.
Speaker 4: All right, my wife has like at least.
Speaker 1: Twelve snoozes. Tweet start like they started around four thirty in the morning, and she doesn't go out of bed.
Speaker 4: It's little six thirty.
Speaker 3: Now, that's a that's that's a problem, and that's not healthy. You got to do something about it. That's what they're talking about. They ain't talking about a double snooze there, No, they're talking about them in a way. You don't know, Greg, you don't We continue Rick Birder's show. Unscreened phone calls Hello.
Speaker 5: Well, good morning, rich the hap to one hundred, Well the Rick Birdy Show happen, happen. Happy day to you with yours And I'm so proud of you, and I'm just so glad I got to get in and tell you how proud I am. All yea, I will give you a big old kiss on the cheek. But your faces are so furry.
Speaker 3: Thank you, miss kay. That's so good. That feels that feels.
Speaker 1: That feels so good to hear from little while since, ain't you?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 5: Well, what are y'all doing for my moorial that?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, we're going to go, you know, down to some friends place on the lake, you know, and eat some delicious food and say thank you to those that continue to pay the least for our freedom.
Speaker 5: Well, I think that's so wonderful. We should give them the credit where they do that. Many have given their lives for us. Yes, that's wonderful. I think I'm gonna take a dip in Alabama shaped swimming pool. Oh yes, with my two pieces.
Speaker 3: Oh well, and maybe do a cannon ball right on dothan.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 5: Well, either that or I can't open a nil aniston.
Speaker 3: That's great, miss Kave. I hope you enjoy that. And you heard mister Tuberville's announcement today, didn't you?
Speaker 9: Yes, I did.
Speaker 5: What a wonderful man.
Speaker 3: Okay, you've you've you've had you know you're out of terms, So I mean, I guess he'll he'll need to take the baton from you.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll be glad to pass it on to women. Everybody vote for wing Nut.
Speaker 1: Thank you, miss Kay. That was good that nerve, miss Kay, And wow, thank you.
Speaker 3: By the way, Tuberville did announce People are saying that I may have forced him on it.
Speaker 1: So he's going to run for governor. According to the.
Speaker 3: Fox News text, Nation says Fox News hasn't it that he did announce that?
Speaker 1: So all right, there we go.
Speaker 3: So that means somebody's gonna have to run for that Senate spot. He's done good in that spot. I hate see him give it up. I know I'm kind of mixed emotions on that one. Hello, Rick Burder's show on screen phone calls go.
Speaker 15: Ahead, thim, mister Rick.
Speaker 6: How's it going.
Speaker 1: I'm doing good. I hope you're well.
Speaker 17: Yes, sir, my name is Elijah Burns.
Speaker 15: I'm a seventeen year old and I'm going to Boise State this weekend and this next week, and I'm running for governor.
Speaker 17: And I was just wondering if y'all would.
Speaker 15: Be willing to endorse me in my campaign for Boye State governor.
Speaker 3: Uh, you weren't running up my driveway yesterday, Boydy, chance were you?
Speaker 1: Boys? What?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 1: What is Boys State? We don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: I thought you were couldn't pronounce Boise.
Speaker 17: That's the Boys State.
Speaker 15: It's a mock government for rising seniors, and it helps us develop leadership skills and a greater appreciation for citizenship and democracy.
Speaker 3: What a good move trying to get on one a platform and announce your candidacy and ask for our endorsement. But yeah, i'd have to see your entire platform. Uh, but I wish you nothing but success. Uh we continue.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Hello, this is the Rick Burgess Show. Welcome to unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 17: Hey Rick, how many hands do you think you've shaken into your entire life?
Speaker 9: I'm just curious.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, man, that's that's impossible.
Speaker 1: No way to count it, No way more than speedy.
Speaker 3: Uh no, No, one's no at the universal green or that's that's like saying that you've rushed for you know, more yards than you know EMMITTT.
Speaker 1: Smith. No.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, he's more of a high five than chest thumps.
Speaker 1: Though I'm assuming that works at all.
Speaker 3: He uses all form. It's just one big greeting. Okay, Hello, Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Hey mayins.
Speaker 17: Bill and I live in Beritanville, north of Huntsville. Yes yesterday he was on the subject with a guy doing a demo day in our shop. Got talking about the Rick and Bubba show, and he ends up telling me he was Adler's brother, Luke Ola.
Speaker 1: Helly you met Luke Adler? I did, and he claimed him?
Speaker 3: Oh and and he and he went ahead and admitted that did he did you have to ask or did he offer that information?
Speaker 17: So he offered it. But we got on the subject because my wife actually went to school with Frick and Griggs graduated same year as Gregg.
Speaker 3: Oh really, class of eighty four. Oh wow, oh ahs, what's your what's your wife's maiden name?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 17: She was known as uh Hope.
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you remember Hope Crossing. Well yeah, thanks for the call, buddy.
Speaker 1: How about that? Are your brothers proud?
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess Show.