Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Ketty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Katty and he.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty your hometown Thanksgiving. Chicago is going to have the coldest Thanksgiving since eighteen seventy two.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Yes, saw snow on the on Michigan Avenue on the news last night.
Speaker 1: Did anybody watch Thursday night football with the Browns and the Steelers in the snow? Why is that so enjoyable for men of a certain age. I don't know why, or maybe you had to grow up in the Midwest where it snows and it reminds you of munigates football in the snow all the time. I don't know, but there's something it's just super awesome and charming about that.
Speaker 2: But that was cool. I agree.
Speaker 1: Another development in the Trump hush money trial. It's going to be delayed even longer for some reason. So once again that sort of thing is going away, I guess. And I had one more news thing I wanted to throw And oh, North Korean general badly wounded in an air strike yesterday. I don't know what that does to the war. If Kim Jung un thinks, hey, I didn't know my generals were going to get killed or anything. I don't know if it means anything.
Speaker 3: Kim Jong un sent a rather stark message to the incoming Trump administration the other day too, essentially saying, yeah, you remember how it was last time. Not interested. I don't care what you think. I don't need your help. We're fine.
Speaker 2: South Korea reporting that all along.
Speaker 1: It's been a trade of weapons for money or there's oil involved getting around the sanctions between North Korea and Russia. Well, Rushia's out of a lot of things, including humans. That's why North Korea is sending one hundred thousand troops over there. Russia's gonna send air defense systems to North Korea, and South Korea is really really unhappy about that. Oh boy said that is there has always been their biggest fear is North Korea having an air defense system if things ever went down between them.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, there's there's drip drips of.
Speaker 1: I'll say it, World War III out there, so we'll see, we'll keep it eye on it. So Matt Gates is gone. The reporting is there's a couple of different reasons. One they jd vance and him, went around, talked to all the Republican senators, and it would seem according to reporting, there were at least ten hard nos, which is more than double the number of hard nos you could get.
Speaker 2: And then there's just no point in continuing.
Speaker 1: You might continue to fight it and hope to turn it around if you didn't have reports of either a different seventeen year old or you had with the same seventeen year old twice. I've heard two different reports on that, but either way, another report of additional sex with the seventeen year old. So do you want that out there in the news for the next couple of months of your Matt Gates And there's very little chance of you getting confirmed anyway.
Speaker 3: And for what it's worth, speaking for myself, I'm well aware of his scumbag friends. Greenberg was at his name and that whole phrakus and how their accusations flying around and a lot of it's little cloudy.
Speaker 1: Look, the guy has no supporters, he has no friends. Everybody hates him. Do you think that's there's no reason for that? It's all deep state, every Republican hating him.
Speaker 3: And look, it's mostly been that sort of guy in my experience who ends up in a situation where scumbags are telling lies about him, and some of it's true, some of it's not. Everybody's covering their own ass, nobody's behaving honorably, so yeah, some of it is kind of cloudy and murky.
Speaker 2: But he's got to go, and he went.
Speaker 1: And there's some belief that Trump uh with the specially the seventeen year old girl another sex thing, and then find out out the Republicans told him. Yeah, yet let's uh, you got a you gotta call it good? Oh yeah, say you're bound out. So Trump maybe called the shot on that. But headline, Trump maintained support for Hegzeth. That's Pete haig Zeth, who he named as his nominee for Secretary of Defense, who has his own sex scandal. Now we're going to listen to this ABC report about it. I don't know what details will include or not, and then we'll fill in the rest of them.
Speaker 4: In the police report from Monterey, California, a woman who met haig Set at a conservative conference told authorities he cornered her in a hotel room, took her phone, and quote blocked the door with his body, preventing her from leaving. She said he sexually assaulted her and that she remembered saying no a lot. Except denied the allegations and told police what happened in the hotel that night was consensual.
Speaker 3: The matter was fully investigated, and I was completely cleared.
Speaker 4: According to the report, Police recommended this case before to to the local district attorney for review and possible pros Section accept was never charged with a crime.
Speaker 1: You know why because they got all kinds of videos for one thing of her all over him at the bar. If you've ever seen that sort of thing before, it's pretty obvious who's coming on to who sometimes, And they had videos of that and a number of other things that caused it to part it. She was blackout drunk. It's a bad story all the way around. So he had and I've heard two reports on this. It was either his wife at the time or was about to be. His wife home with their newborn. And he goes to speak at this conference, meets a woman. They're both drunk. Woman's blackout drunk all over him. He's a very good looking guy, all over him. They end up in the hotel room having sex this woman at the conference. He has sex with her husband and kids are there.
Speaker 2: What. Yeah, so he's got a woman at home with their kid. At least he's at home and not at the hotel.
Speaker 1: This woman, husband and kids are at the hotel and doesn't come to the room that night and has to come up with some sort of story why I didn't come back to the room.
Speaker 2: Holy crap.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine being in a hotel on vacation with your wife and kids and your wife goes down to the bar for drinks and doesn't come back to the room.
Speaker 2: Holy crap.
Speaker 3: I would be up scouring the hotel unless I guess he slept through everything. But yes, and evidently she claimed I fell asleep on Jenny's couch in her room, and it has every sign of she woke up full of regret, which is understandable. But then to call it rape. You know I wasn't there. Well, people were drunk. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, as a guy who's known my way around a you know, a drinking too much liaison. That's the problem with them. That's the problem with them. Everybody's hammered out of their mind. Neither party can remember any or portions of it. And then what are you gonna do with that information? How are you gonna nail down anything? And when you got that situation going on.
Speaker 3: Right, And she had a vague memory of saying no a lot, she claimed, Yeah that I've read through the parts of the police report and it's all very vague and wishy washy. You know, Pete doesn't live his life the way I lived mine, and I suggest you don't either.
Speaker 2: But it's up to you. You end up in situations like this. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all tawdry for sure, But the prosecutors at the time said, now, no, just passed on it.
Speaker 1: The concern from some of my favorite pundits, who wouldn't be making this up just for the hell of it is that and some of them actually know him, saying his personal life is quite messy and has been for a long time time. So in you know, based on my experience, my life experience, probably wasn't the only time this sort of thing has happened in his life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who knows.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that everybody who has a a sexual life that is outside the strict confines of standard morality or whatever that means, they are bad at everything or evil at everything. Or untrustworthy about everything. I think there are brilliant leaders of business who you would be smart to hire as your CEO, who can't keep it in their pants or don't aren't you know, faithful of the spouses or whatever. I don't admire it, but I get it. The sexual thing is just kind of out there in a different area to make clearly is clearly is there are all kinds of people that are upstanding in every single other aspect of their life.
Speaker 2: Except that it's kind of whatever it is.
Speaker 3: And again I'm not approving of it. It just it strikes me that that is true. And some of my favorite thinkers say that Pete is extremely bright and extremely serious about his purposes with reforming the military and the Pentagon and standing up for our troops and making sure they have their fighting capabilities. He could not be more serious and have more fidelity to those issues.
Speaker 2: So it's an interesting choice.
Speaker 3: Can you find somebody who fits that bill and also brings no baggage?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Probably? Maybe?
Speaker 1: Am I right or wrong on this? Did do I remember this being true? Or did I make this up in my head? That many of our European allies think it's odd that in the United States, we hold this against people, yeah, oh yeah, because they just accept it as a different part of your life. And I don't know if that's good or not. I find this topic fascinating. If you're going to go backwards through history, you to eliminate a lot of men, especially as you go back through history it's more men. You would eliminate a lot of the greatest men in US history if you were going to hold them to a standard of being decent people around the world of you know, fidelity and sex. Some of our most revered presidents, Martin Luther King Junior.
Speaker 2: I mean, just all kinds of people.
Speaker 1: And do you want those people not in public life because of the things they do in the bedroom or not. I don't even know what I think of that. Now if the guy's a rapist, I don't it's different.
Speaker 3: That's different, right right, Just getting back to Pete bug, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And how do we how do we solve this? So people knew John F. Kennedy Jr. Was the kind of guy was People knew FDR was doing that, people knew LBJ was doing that, And it just was an agreement with the press that you didn't report on that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Were we better when it was that way? Yes? And worse, it's a mixed bag. Worse in what way?
Speaker 3: Oh, sexual assault, exploitation, you know, all sorts.
Speaker 2: Of stuff went along.
Speaker 1: Man, that's where that's where it gets really difficult. Gray area of harassment and all that sort of stuff, or power dynamics and all those kind of things. That's it's very, very difficult. But there's no getting around the fact that if you're gonna have a standard of people who have these kind of things in their background, affairs and whatnot and drunken one night stands, all sort of stuff, they can't be in high office. Well, you would eliminate a lot of people. Yeah, And do you want to do that or not?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 3: At some point you've got to just look at what was said by the various parties and then what the prosecutor decided. And you know, regretful drunk women who have torrid one night ers often regretted terribly, and some times, especially in the modern era, make claims that are unsupportable and horrible in themselves.
Speaker 1: Well, the party that cares the most about morality and religion, at least in theory has elected Donald Trump twice, Yes, knowing very well.
Speaker 2: What his life is like. So yeah, maybe we've made our decision.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The whole history this is.
Speaker 3: So interesting too, because it was viewed differently, you know, prior to the Great Protestant Reform of the early I guess the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
Speaker 2: When do they cite that it doesn't matter? I don't know to each there on. I suppose you can be judging these things.
Speaker 1: You can go back to Gary Hart in eighty what year was the Gary Hart scandal? But he would have been the nominee for the Democratic Party abs frequently maybe president of the United States. But they found out he was having an affair and that was the end of it because he hadn't he was having an affair. Really wow, okay, that we wouldn't do that now I don't think.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, and that wasn't that long ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, completely end your political career because you had a consensual affair. There wasn't even even a hint of any sort of gray area, you know, assault, rape, anything like.
Speaker 2: That at all.
Speaker 3: Well, and nobody went to the you know, missus Hart who probably said I'm actually seeing a dude too, It's fine.
Speaker 1: That is the way we do it.
Speaker 2: We're very, very wealthy. You wouldn't understand, right exactly.
Speaker 3: That's a good So she's in ping is absolutely right about a couple of things. And Kim Jong un, oh boy, Donald Trump with the colin his ex booty call and Kim Jong is saying, no, thank you all that to come stay with us.
Speaker 1: So we have a San Jose State Spartan volleyball update, because we're really big on women's volleyball here on the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: Longtime listeners know that, well, mostly the women part of it.
Speaker 1: Uh Well, according to the Washington Post article I'm reading today, they have an alleged transgender player on the San Jose State Spartans. I suppose that's fair to say alleged, since if you're a reporter and you haven't seen the penis in question, you get taken somebody's word for it, and the player has not come out and said that they're transgender, so you're going off the I don't know reports of people who have seen them in the locker.
Speaker 2: Room, I guess anyway.
Speaker 1: The reason this is in the news today, a couple of things A judge is about to make a ruling, could be any minute. Hasn't happened as of yet this morning, cause the conference tournament is this weekend in Las Vegas, and there are two things that need to be determined by a judge. One because there are lawsuits going on. One does the San Jose State player in question get the play or not? And two do those fourfoots count as losses or not? Because there's an effort to say, hey, all those forfeits don't count as a loss for the other teams because the transgender blah blah blah, everything like that.
Speaker 2: And it has to do with a Settle nine lawsuit.
Speaker 1: And whether or not you get to count it as a win, that's the more important thing. Do you get to do San Jose State get to count it as a win to help their record in the conference tournament. So that'll be interesting to see what that ruling is. If the transgender player plays and they go in with a really great record all those forfeits being wins, there'll be a high seed and they could dominate.
Speaker 3: This feels to me very much like two years from now the NCAA will announce that indeed the conference champion was X and they will mail the gals medals. And it's like, you know, if some running back is discovered who have been given a Cadillac, you know back in the day, recruiting scandal, blah blah blah, you would you lose your national championship.
Speaker 2: Whatever. They'll rectify it in reverse.
Speaker 3: Secondly, and I said this not to quibble, but because it's very, very important. This simple truth shall set ye free. The absence of a penis does not mean that a man is a woman. A man cannot become a woman by getting a surgery nor taking hormones. A low testosterone man is not a woman.
Speaker 2: Trust me.
Speaker 3: A man who's been surgically altered is not a woman.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Having said that, well, here's some great stuff from the California Globe about trans women or the latest chapter in the Emperor's New Clothes. Here is a Montana representative saying trans women are women full stop, where every bit is biologically female as cis women.
Speaker 1: Well, that the last part is definitely crazy. I mean, you're really off the reservation there.
Speaker 2: Dogs are dogs.
Speaker 1: Get the hot dogs our dog's t shirt at Armstrong and Getty dot com.
Speaker 3: I'm more sympathetic towards shijin Ping than I've been at a very long time. You're gonna like his new policy, trust me, I know that sounds crazy.
Speaker 2: Has Joe gone coming?
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty?
Speaker 5: Some business news I saw the Targets stock just fell to a yearly low, while Walmart's soar to an all time high.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: Now Target execs are shopping at Walmart and Walmart execs are shopping at Target.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: But again, I have read a couple of articles about that twenty percent drop and Target stock the other day after the report came out.
Speaker 2: None of them.
Speaker 1: None of the articles trying to describe why Target stock is down so much included their choices culturally.
Speaker 2: Yes, how do you leave that out where?
Speaker 3: Selling tuck bathing suits for your little boy who thinks he's a little girl and aggressively marketing them up with trans as you walk in the front now changed my perception of Target forever.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, not an exaggeration. I saw it at my local Target store. I walked in the front door.
Speaker 1: The first thing you saw they set it up there so you couldn't avoid it, was their display of rainbow stuff, including trans stuff for kids. Yes, that changed my perception of Target forever. I personally know a handful of people who stop shopping there forever because of that. So how do you leave that out of the conversation, Whereas what's Walmart's brand culturally? Completely one hundred percent the opposite up with America blah blah.
Speaker 3: Blah, much more Trumpian. Yeah, no doubt about it. There's all general shape.
Speaker 1: There's also the fact that Walmart makes something like sixty percent of the money on groceries and they have a real big edge on groceries over Target.
Speaker 2: But you can't you can't leave out the cultural stuff. Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't claim that that was all of it, but to pretend that it's not part of it, it's just foolish. But the media is just the media is the media. We were talking earlier about how the various post mortems that the Democratic Party and their media friends are conducting on the election completely miss a lot of the obvious stuff, to which I say, it's fine, I'm not going to point it out to you anyway. I would love to talk at greater length about the situation with North Korea. As Donald Trump comes back into office, everything has changed, the levers have changed, the alliances have changed. North Korea's place in the world has changed. Their nuclear weapon development has changed. And if you think Donnie's going to drop a note to his old buddy Kim Jong and just rev things up again, it's just not going to happen. And we could get into that maybe next hour. It's interesting, but it's a little dry, and I'd rather talk about this frankly. Chijin Ping is an evil, rotten son of a bit. She's a communist, he's a genocidal dictator. He's a crusher of the human spirit. I mean, he's a thousand different evil, evil things run. I will loathe communism with my last breath. He runs a country with a million slaves.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: On the other hand, if you study the Chinese economy at all, in Chinese cultures, I do you know that there's all sorts of talk about various ways to fire up their economy because it is floundering.
Speaker 2: It's it's propped up.
Speaker 3: By artificial spending on giant government projects and housing developments that will never have people in them, and it's just it's a bit of a house of cards. And the various policymakers have been hoping for massive stimulus or cuts in this or that and the other.
Speaker 2: But here's the point of this.
Speaker 3: One of the ways Shijin Ping wants to bring the economy back to life. He has said, you gotta slash red tape. His directive to supervisors, hold fewer meetings, make them shorter, cut superfluous paperwork.
Speaker 2: Do you hear that?
Speaker 1: Management all across the country, even Sheshing Ping realizes that most meetings are a waste of time.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody's caught on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, don't burden the grassroots at your local levernment level of commedy government workers with cumbersome and unproductive tasks. Stop using phone apps to track your staff and bombard them with instructions. Don't overwhelm them with performance reviews lest they focus on pleasing their bosses rather than getting work done. Here I need to pause and point out that in the Chinese Communist Party, they expect government workers to accomplish something to the point that they're being hounded by their supervisors if they're not productive enough.
Speaker 2: How much does that contrast with that email we read.
Speaker 3: Yesterday about the dude who works for the State of California. It's nothing to do, Ah, This supervisor's got nothing to do.
Speaker 2: And a co workers have nothing to do.
Speaker 1: There aren't enough books, movies, speeches. There should be folk songs about bureaucracies and what they do. I mean, if the most libertarian free market person realizes most meetings are a waste of time, and the most autocratic dictator realizes most meetings are a waste of time.
Speaker 2: How do they still continue to be so much of everybody's life.
Speaker 1: As I've always said, I think I've been to two meetings in my life that needed to happen.
Speaker 2: All the rest of them could have been an email or a phone call.
Speaker 3: Well, and open that question to meetings that justified the amount of times expended.
Speaker 2: Huh right anyway, Yeah.
Speaker 3: If Steve Jobs and me and you and Chesan being all agree on, I mean elon. Sure, yeah, there's more and this will really ring true to a lot of you, especially in the private sector. But many local bureaucrats are required to a bit weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, sapping their time and energy. One official lamented quote the job must be done well, but more important, the reports must be written beautifully. If the word counts in the document are lower than that of the other departments, we get in trouble.
Speaker 1: Wow, that happens the private sector, similar sort of thing. The reports are more important than the actual result. Yeah, there's some weird belief in it drives me. Not that there's some weird belief that, like somebody will come in and so you have quarterly reports. We're gonna have monthly reports. There, I've done something productive, right, We're really gonna hold our people accountable.
Speaker 2: Well, and it.
Speaker 3: Metastasizes depending on how local control is. If controls very local. You know, I'm running Ah, I'm thinking of our various sponsors. I'm running a ten man HVAC company. All right, it's me. I'm the boss. My wife does the accounting, and we've got you know, like eight techs out in the field. Nobody's filing any damn reports. And then when you become bigger, and then you're bought by a corporation, and then you're taking over by some venture capital, then there's reports constantly.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Funny you talking about President she I was just looking at some video from this morning at the G twenty summit and all those world leaders, and it's interesting that we do it this way.
Speaker 2: Maybe it makes sense, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But you got all these world leaders, including some really awful human beings, all shaking hands and laughing and joking about who's gonna stand where for the picture and everything like that with the President She who tortures and kills people, or the guy in the headdress from one of the Middle Eastern countries who does the same thing, you know, talking with the President Italy where you care about human beings and everybody just we're all leader of our countries. Huh.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting way to.
Speaker 1: I don't know, probably necessary, Probably is, But I don't know that I could just backslap President She knowing what he does to people.
Speaker 2: Until recently, Putin would have.
Speaker 3: Been there, right right, Katie, feel free to jump in if you feel like getting back to the main theme of chesin ping efficiency expert, and there are aspects of totalitarianism that are very, very efficient. But this reminds me of a certain industry. I may have some familiarity with government workers. Oh excessive inspections. Oh no, that's not the Oh there it is, let's see. Oh yeah, they're talking about people who spend all their time not doing their job, but doing writing reports on their job, and how well they're doing it. We know salespeople who have no time to sell because they're filling out sales reports.
Speaker 1: We know great salespeople who have left because they spent more time filling out reports than selling, so they went somewhere where they could spend more time selling.
Speaker 3: Uh, you got to fill out these reports every day. I kick ass every single day. It's there on the bottom line. I don't care. You got to fill out their reports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in the dollar amount.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't it's but that's why they think there need to be more books, movies, and folk songs about bureaucracies, because the power of a bureaucracy to just do the same thing no matter what is wild. It's it's like gravity. It takes a big company, takes over a little company, and then all of a sudden, meetings and reports and.
Speaker 2: Crap like that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh, there is something unique to communism that that uh, that causes us to become a huge problem. Even Stalin fretted over excessive bureaucracy and how you know everybody's so into extending him reports that they weren't actually building any attractors. But it happens in the private enterprise too well. And in government. We've solved that problem by having no accountability whatsoever.
Speaker 2: And you should.
Speaker 1: I guess that shows you just how hard it is to stop. Because if in a totalitarian regime where you could execute people for doing things wrong, you still can't stop it.
Speaker 2: It must be pretty hard to stop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, word from our friends and sponsors that prize a picks.
Speaker 2: It's easy, it's fun.
Speaker 3: Over a ten million members billions of dollars in awarded winning prize picks. You just pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to one hundred times your cash. And they have all sorts of like insurance policies, injuries, or if you miss on one of them, you can do the flex play, which means you can still cash out if your lineup isn't perfect.
Speaker 2: It's cool, it's fun, it's easy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm wonder what the more or less is on how many fingers freeze off when I go to the football game next Friday.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you can bet on that.
Speaker 1: You can now win one hundred times your money on price picks with those little spot correct picks, as Joe has said, but you can get that money so fast with Venmo quick and easy deposits with withdrawals within fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: You can be moving money around. That is awesome. And here's a super cool offer.
Speaker 3: You download the Prize Picks app and use the coat Armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's right, just play five dollars, they give you fifty. That's the coat Armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. It is a bonus. You don't have to win to get it. Prize Picks. Run your game. Are you running your game? Start running your game? Get your game run right.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna be at Arrowhead for the Chiefs game next Friday. They started this last year having the NFL on the Friday after Thanksgiving, so there's games on Thanksgiving Day and then the Chiefs are playing the Raiders at Arrowhead on Friday.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it is supposed to be thirty five for a high that day.
Speaker 1: This can be a little chilly. I don't know if I'm looking forward to this or not.
Speaker 2: We're not. We're We're a Californians, me and my kids. We're not. We're not cold. Other people.
Speaker 3: You got the thin blood of the soft, soft Californian. Do they have the proper gloves.
Speaker 1: And hats and suck? I don't think we have any of that stuff. Now that the fits, you know it is with kids. They fit last year. Oh so we don't have this year's version of that stuff. You got to do a lineup this afternoon, an inspection, right, Throw on your beaany, throw on your gloves, throw on your coat, all right, now stand at attention. I have a feeling they're going to be saying, because of football NFL games at least three hours long, like an hour and a half in, they're gonna be thinking, why are we doing this again?
Speaker 2: I'm miserable? Oh well, it's a ride a passage, right huh? Part of that? Sure, sure it is.
Speaker 1: You got see these other eighty thousand people. Yeah, huh, they know what they're doing, right huh. I think they're crazy.
Speaker 3: Sometimes fun comes with being fearful of your life, all right, son, that's part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Being miserably uncomfortable is what we paid for, and it was very expensive to do this. So sit there and be uncomfortable and enjoy it. Put a smile on your face, Sarl, take away your video games. That's what I'll say.
Speaker 2: Who are the racist chiefs playing Oland Raiders?
Speaker 3: The Raiders right, which is soft on crime to me? Raiders, pirates, buccaneers, et ceterac. Soft on crime, which is right for Oakland? Well, Vegas. Now same thing in Vegas, mobsters versus a racist.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm gonna be doing Indian stereotype.
Speaker 2: Mana O, my god, smell the racism.
Speaker 1: You know. Maybe I'll stand up and give a speech to the eighty thousand people doing their arm wave, including Taylor Swift up in the box this year. We're playing this game on the land they used to belong to the Rappa hole, you know what?
Speaker 2: Yell let between every play? Yeah, that would go. Well, see how long it takes before you get beat up?
Speaker 1: We've got more on the way.
Speaker 2: Do you follow this rule? Do you do here? Do I have?
Speaker 6: I have already said that I will not use multi style women's restrooms in the capital, But again, that is my choice here. I always knew that there would be an effort to politicize my use of restroom, and if anyone had thought to ask me about what I was planning on doing I would have been happy to tell.
Speaker 1: Them, Okay, that's the first transgender congress person being asked about the whole restroom thing that needs to get figured out.
Speaker 2: What is that politicized? You're literally in politics, well, and who politicized it? Dudes going into women's restrooms?
Speaker 1: Though you didn't politicize it, those of us who are pushing back against it politicized it. Okay, ridiculous. The lie is obvious, which leads me into this. I thought this was really good writing, so I wanted to read a little bit of It's from Rich Lowry of National Review. But he's writing in the New York Post about whispered conversations. That has so much to do with why Trump won, and if the left can't figure it out, they're gonna lose a lot of elections. We live in an age of whispered conversations. There are aspects of American life that everyone or nearly everyone knows are absurd, but it's too afraid to speak out against and feels powerless to reverse.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 1: Used to be said that if someone looked over his shoulder, he was about to tell an insensive joke. Now people are worried about being overheard making what should be common sensical observations. Below are the kinds of conversations that are happening all the time. And then I'll run through these because I thought it was so good. It's been true in my life. The maternity ward nurse in a low voice, saying, where the forms is birthing parent? That means mother. They just changed it. I know it's crazy. The staff are in a medical office explaining that the ethic boxes need to be checked on another form, even though the categories make no sense, and confiding maybe I should have checked hispanic myself. At some point, I think we had a relative from Spain somewhere along the line. The group of moms together at the local coffee shop making sure that no one else can hear from a nearby able. Did you see what happened in the high school track competition? Why are guys competing against girls? The staff at a bank to a friend he or she can completely trust near the water cooler when there are absolutely certain no one else is around. That training was ridiculous, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: What a waste of time.
Speaker 1: It's a little like what it must have been like in say, East Germany, when no one believed in the system, but no one dared let on what they were actually thinking. This phenomenon surely had an influence on the outcome of the election. As the Financial Times is documented, progressive elites hold views often well to the left of the average voter, even the average Democratic voter. On cultural issues, America's decades long progress toward racial and sexual talents and equality, to paper notes, has been a gradual shift led by progressives, with the center and right quickly following. The new cultural shifts are different, largely driven by activists and nonprofit staffers that surround the Democratic Party. They've been abrupt and left the majority behind.
Speaker 3: Abrupt is right, I mean, came out of nowhere, and it went from I've never heard of that too. If I dare say I think this is crazy, I will lose my career in the blink of an eye.
Speaker 2: And people are pissed.
Speaker 1: People know that Wolkeness has been pushed into their lives as a deliberate choice by authorities, HR departments and the like who don't care what they think, or worse, will punish them for thinking the wrong thing. Uh And he says the Trump vote was a pushback against that.
Speaker 2: Absolu freaklutely it was.
Speaker 1: I like the example of the how about that training session we just spend an hour on being a waste of time?
Speaker 2: What percentage of people agree with that? Ninety more? How many people walk out of that?
Speaker 3: All white people are racist and evil and you must divide everyone by race training sessions angry and resentful versus.
Speaker 2: Oh, now I see the.
Speaker 3: Truth might be ten to one or the over the top, soft headed, over educated white women.
Speaker 2: What's the matter with you white women? Or the over the.
Speaker 1: Top sexual harassment training are pronoun training or whatever?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Which party made that happen? If you're of a certain age, you didn't used to have to do this. You didn't used to spend god, what is it now, ten twelve hours a year. You didn't used to spend all those hours doing that, and life seemed to be fine, and now you do.
Speaker 2: Which party's pushing that? I mean, it's clear.
Speaker 3: Lowry's making a great point too, that the whispered stuff is widely, widely agreed upon, right, but you dare not say it. And it reminds me, actually it's worse in East Germany. It's more like Orwell's nineteen eighty four in that since you were constantly under surveillance, if even an eye roll or a look of boredom crossed your face, the authorities would notice it, and they would punish you for it. Think about one of those training sessions. If the trainer saw you rolling your eyes at all white people are born and racists, you're in trouble.
Speaker 1: Well, I think they're not as whispered now as they were prior to two and a half weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Well, and I tell you what not to make myself out of some Jonah Varker a hero of some sort. But one of the reasons I enjoy saying the stuff that we all know to be true but you're not supposed to say. One of the reasons I enjoy it so much is because I know a lot of y'all can't, and so if for no other reason, it's kind of fun to do it for you.
Speaker 1: If you miss an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty