Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Katty and He Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: The food company Purdue Farms announced last week it will offer so called six seven chicken nuggets, even though everybody who thought six seven was funny is now too old for chicken nuggets.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I did notice when I was in and out.
Speaker 1: I didn't and out the other day though, they skipped sixty seven because we are roughly in that area for calling out numbers and they must still see it's a burden to their restaurant.
Speaker 4: Is that still a thing among the youngsters? Or is that just here today gone today?
Speaker 1: My kids would roll their eyes at it, But I find that, like if you're me, if you're like a parent trying to amuse your children, you might still go there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I came across in a similar Vein think piece about the incredible damage the short video scrolling does to your brain, but like really philosophical about it.
Speaker 2: Ooh, I would be into that.
Speaker 4: I mean, not like in a navel gazing way. It has to do with the fact that the way we as human beings perceive our reality is maybe I shouldn't even delve into this because it's so well written, and I'll do it poor job. But when you walk into a room, you see a series of stories. You don't just see individual objects. You see people and the surroundings and the objects there, and you understand in a fairly complex way the story that's unfolding in front of you are multiple stories. And that from the time where little children up until like last week, our whole lives were about complete stories. Well, even little children's stories that you read to your kids before bed has an introduction, a plot, a resolution that's sort of a moral perhaps, And these videos are just blurbs of blipps of action. That was funny, the guy hit his head and there's like no story. There's just a moment, over and over again. And now that's terrible for your attention span.
Speaker 2: In a way.
Speaker 4: That's a lot more well, I think you get in the idea. It's a lot more than just oh my gosh, it seems hard to read books. Now you're actually reforming your mind.
Speaker 2: Are you susceptible to that sort of thing? I don't do it. I really look at it as a danger.
Speaker 1: Oh I know it's a danger, but man, I'm susceptible to it and I hate it.
Speaker 2: Like I'll go to YouTube.
Speaker 1: For a specific thing, like piano lesson on a particular song, but the YouTube algorithm with its shorts opens up and starts playing automatically, and there's a highlight from an athlete that knows I like, or a musician that knows I like.
Speaker 2: And it's amazing how often it hooks.
Speaker 1: Me because it's just thirty second, forty five seconds of this great guitar solo. It knows I like from previous stuff or this sports moment or political moment or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's so good at figuring. Same with Instagram.
Speaker 1: If I open Instagram, it hits me with, oh wow, here's Steely Dan doing something. And I mean, it just knows, and I think that's just a second, and the next thing, you know, a half hour's gone by. It is like the freaking worst drug, most of drug addictive drug ever.
Speaker 4: Right, right, you can't even open them designed by the most brilliant minds of our time, right Yeah.
Speaker 2: I guess it's probably because I'm.
Speaker 4: So annoyingly contrary that I know what they're doing and I hate it. So I won't indulge my sets.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting thing in that it used to be a joke back.
Speaker 1: In the nineties, I guess early two thousands. You know, you got one hundred and fifty channels and you just keep flipping through and can't find anything interesting. We wanted to find something interesting. You're sitting there on the couch, you got a little time, you've decided I did to dedicate to watching television, and you can't find anything interesting.
Speaker 2: Now it's the opposite problem.
Speaker 1: Every single channel has got something that you have already designated as among your most favorite things to watch, and every channel is that, and it's and then sometimes I have the well, I'm gonna spend a half hour of my life.
Speaker 2: Amused and happy.
Speaker 1: Is that a bad thing after having worked all day long? But it never feels satisfying in any way. Ah, that's an interesting insight. Yeah, yeah, it's amusing. But then when it's over, you feel well unsatisfied.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel it's because sometimes I convince myself, what's the harm here? Good lord, enjoy some comedy bits from comedians you like or whatever it's feeding me.
Speaker 2: But at the end, I'm always unhappy that I did it.
Speaker 4: Always wow, wow, super interesting. Any thoughts on that? Drop is a note mail bag at armstrong egetdy dot com. I find this stuff absolutely fascinating. Mail bag at I'm strung in getty dot com or if emailing your style, wanted to text us four one five two nine five KFDC as four one five two nine five KFTC and then of course imagine if you've come to it as a eleven year old or whatever without ever knowing any other life or having anything to compare it to, then of course you're perfectly fine just scrolling through it eight hours a day or whatever.
Speaker 2: Those numbers are on TikTok that are horrifying.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, So a couple of different story slash topics that are maybe tangentially political but mostly about dollars and cents and that sort of thing. I found this very very interesting biz journals with an analysis of the various billionaires taxes that are being proposed or enacted, and really all the blue states where they are just the state budgets have metastasized in like California and New York, for instance, but the politicians say we need way, way more money, so they're trying to come up with more ways to tax and demonizing the wealthy is just super.
Speaker 2: Popular in politics of env They've called it forever.
Speaker 4: But an interesting analysis from biz Journals, The longest short of it is that your big dollar philanthropic efforts, your billionaires and multimillionaires who support your local symphony, opera, libraries, aid to the poor. There are a thousand different examples they're giving tends to skew substantially local. They've found, for instance, that generous donors to your alma mater, say your university, that giving grows and intensifies the closer you are geographically to that university. I went to Illinois, I ended up in California, blah blah blah. I'm like, yeah, I remember it. But who cares? If you live in Champagne or Banna, for instance, you're much more likely to kick them a little bit of money. Why not, you're part of the whole community.
Speaker 1: Well, you're a little venue for art or there's all kinds of things. Everybody can name in every town has got somebody's name on it. Oh yeah, government or day theater everything. Yeah, the government didn't make them do that, right, just did it here.
Speaker 4: It is a twenty twenty five Bank of America study of private philanthropy. Philanthropy found that seventy nine percent of affluent donors gave locally seventy nine percent, and research consistently shows that donors at all income levels are most likely to give to local causes. So as you drive all the billionaires and multimillionaires out of California, out of New York, out of the Blue States, giving to charities will dry up.
Speaker 1: I know that's true, and people should be aware of it. I almost hate making this argument, though, because in my world, if you're spending all your money on chocolate pies, you get to keep it, right, I agree, But it's worth knowing that they're also you know, building an arts center and a hospital and all these different things. But it's your money, and I don't just because you got really wealthy.
Speaker 2: I don't get to take a whole bunch of it just because on it. Right. Two little bits of analysis.
Speaker 4: Number One, the public employee unions that are sponsoring these tax drives, they don't care, they don't give a crap about anything, but they're coffers. They make quasi moral arguments about income inequality and the rest of it.
Speaker 2: All it's just a grift.
Speaker 4: All they want is money and they don't care about anything else. Second thing is the only reason I brought this is that I think there are a lot of people who are just kind of half paying attention that thinks, yeah, these people do have a tremendous amount of money, and we're short of tax dollars, so yeah, let's go ahead and stick it to them, and pointing out that yeah, yeah, charitable giving is going to get decimated in your area. I don't know, maybe it'll make them think. Plus, the amounts never add up. The math doesn't work.
Speaker 1: You can tax all the billionaires, it doesn't even come close to closing whatever deficit you have federally or in your.
Speaker 2: State, right right.
Speaker 4: And the idea that a one time tax could do anything and do any good structurally is hilarious. But again the unions make that argument, Hey, we'll get a one time giant truckload cash dropped off at our front doors. It's all we want, it's all we carry you one time. Right, Well, yeah, that too. This I'm not sure we really have time to get into this.
Speaker 2: Maybe later.
Speaker 4: But there is a couple of home distiller cases, people brewing their.
Speaker 2: Own whiskey at home.
Speaker 4: Specifically, that could well end up upending a lot of absolutely terrible precedents on the Commerce Clause at the Supreme Court, the huge overreach that began in when was it nineteen forty two Wickered v. Philburn, infamous case in which the Supreme Court said a farmer growing wheat to feed his own livestock might have a tangential effect on the interstate market, so the government can regulate his growing of wheat to feed his own livestock. A wild abuse of the Commerce clause, which grants federal government the right to regulate commerce between the state as it's put And that kind of built that set of presidents built on that idiotic case.
Speaker 2: But home distillers might be tearing that down.
Speaker 4: And I can explain how in a little bit afterward from our friends at Incogny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've been talking about for years.
Speaker 1: Is there something that can be done about all the spam texts, emails and calls you get?
Speaker 2: Why can't we stop this? Can they write a law or whatever? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe they'll have a law someday, but for now, it's Incogny and COGNI is the answer to this problem.
Speaker 5: For you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so tough to enforce the laws. They try, but it's weak.
Speaker 4: So each scam text, spam call, sketchy email with your name starts the same way. Somebody found you on a data broker site. So what do you do?
Speaker 2: You disappear?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Cogny can actually go onto all those data you know, hard drives and everything that's got all your data stored there, and they can force them by law to take it off there. You're going to see a reduction in the number of spam texts, calls, and emails really really fast when you sign onto Incognate.
Speaker 4: Both using it, we've both seen a difference. They can't spam you if they can't find you. Right now, get sixty percent off with an exclusive deal at in cognity dot com slash armstrong. Go to incog ni dot com slash armstrong, take back your privacy. That's in cognity dot com slash armstrong. And the last thing I wanted to bring to you, where did it go? Oh, from the Department of Bad Ideas. This is politics. Well I started worried about US democracy. Astronauts are launching a political nonprofit new nonpartisan group of NASA veterans, says it will advocate for rule of law and score political candidates on civic responsibility. And if you read into this account happens to be in the Wall Street Journal. Again, it's a mix of Republicans, Democrats, and independence, but it's one more than one hundred former NASA astronauts have formed essentially a political action committee. Is there a topic there? Well, like I said, the rule of law and civic.
Speaker 1: Responsibility, I smell some particular issue that they're into.
Speaker 4: In an open letter to the American people, of the group states quote, for decades, we've seen a steady erosion of our founding values and principles that weakens our democratic systems.
Speaker 2: I would agree with them completely. Sure.
Speaker 4: The result has been political polarization and subversion of key constitution and institutional norms, including bipartisan cooperation, executive constraint, and judicial independence. I would agree with all of that. Without naming President Trump or other officials. The group promises quote to take officials to task when they ignore the rule of law, or distort or disregard the facts.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I wish you luck, because the first time you flex your muscles on this, people are going to deem you.
Speaker 4: That side and then you're doing Garrett Riseman, aged fifty eight, registered Democrat and one of the group's co founders, said he decided to start the organization last year after the conduct he saw while witnessing an immigration.
Speaker 2: Raid at a local car there you go. Quote.
Speaker 4: What I saw seemed to me just fundamentally Unamerican. It seemed to me more like I was used to seeing when I lived in Russia, where basically the security services can act with impunity.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fine if you do that, but then you come out really strong against what Virginia did yesterday and redistricting.
Speaker 2: Need to see you working both sides of the aisle.
Speaker 4: Here, and you've just politicized astronauts right right, leading to exactly what you're decrying, increased partisan you know, polarization and subversion of working across the island.
Speaker 2: Stuff should have left you up there.
Speaker 4: Everything, Oh boy, that's strong. Everything doesn't have to be political. Okay, okay, go into space, come back, tell us about the moonnocks right.
Speaker 2: Shot you into space once. We didn't have to bring you back. Fair warning.
Speaker 1: We got more Monica's thong, what it did for America, among other things coming.
Speaker 2: Up, Hey, get this.
Speaker 6: The Carnival cruise passenger just one a three hundred thousand dollars lawsuit for claiming that the shift's staff serves her fourteen tequila shots in the span of eight hours. Carnival was like, how else are we going to kill the nora Ins?
Speaker 2: We talked about this.
Speaker 1: This is a woman actually local tour we broadcast from. I'm horrified by this. I was wondering when we talked about this the other day, what percentage of Americans see, oh, that makes sense. They shouldn't have given her so much booze. And what percentage of Americans say.
Speaker 2: You ordered him? It's on you, right, nobody made you drink them.
Speaker 1: You have a guess where we are is a nation on that sort of topic. I don't personal responsibility versus it's clearly somebody else's fault.
Speaker 4: I think probably sixty forty the wrong way. If I have to guess sixty forty the bad way, I bet you're right.
Speaker 1: And those of us who are who have you know, bellied up to the bar and stood there longer than we should have. Who has ever me and none of my friends who have gotten way drunker than we should have as far as I know, have ever even contemplated the idea that the problem was with the bartender or the bar.
Speaker 2: I know, it's how drunk I got last night or what I did afterwards.
Speaker 4: You know, as the people, we've been systematically trained away from self reliance and being the captains of our own ship because.
Speaker 2: It's not useful for leftist politics.
Speaker 4: In fact, it's like a it's like rat poison to a rat, self reliance to Marxism.
Speaker 1: You're always talking about how weird it would be to be in someone else's brain. This would be a really good example, because if you go through life with the well, I got really drunk last night and crashed my car or hit on somebody I shouldn't hit on or feel sick today or whatever, and so that the bar's fault or the bartender's fault. Your view of the planet on every issue, I'm guessing, is so much different than mine. It'd be like being a different species of person.
Speaker 2: Michael, say, how many people on that jury were drinkers?
Speaker 4: I bet the defense selected very very carefully for that.
Speaker 2: I'll bet you're right.
Speaker 4: You know, it strikes me that if you have that mind set, well, let me put it to you like this. If you're of our point of view that you're the captain of your own ship, you need to take responsibility for your own actions. Not only are you willing to accept that, you like that? How liberating would it be to never have to blame yourself for any of your stupid moves and screw ups and failures.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, So why do I think the way I think? This occurs to me a lot. When I was flat broke for a long time, never crossed my mind that it was anybody's fault other than I didn't apply myself enough or choose the right line of work or whatever. Never crossed my mind that there was something wrong with our system or all. It's all kinds of different examples of it. Just never occurred to me to blame somebody else for the situation that.
Speaker 2: I was in.
Speaker 1: I hope my kids have that same belief I have. I don't even know where I got it. I don't remember my parents specifically talking to me about it, so it must just kind of throw a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of different circumstances.
Speaker 1: You become aware as a kid that, oh, I don't get to blame this on somebody or something. Nobody has to like Let sure you about it, because it's said a hundred times in a hundred different ways, like every single.
Speaker 2: Day must yeah, yeah, yeah, having our folk tales and traditional songs and everything.
Speaker 4: Everything is about you know, you're in charge of you, for good or bad, and we're losing that, I think. But you know, fight against the teacher kids.
Speaker 2: Folks very troubling. So one of the great what ifs of history.
Speaker 1: If Monica Leinsky hadn't worn in the thong that day sticking out out of her skirt, how different could our, for instance, entitlement problem be Gingrich and Clinton were working on that and it got.
Speaker 2: Derailed by a hot, hot chick. So according to some Katie, why did you make that face with us? Armstrong and Getty? The build is happening.
Speaker 5: That build starts with twelve billion dollars to modernize air traffic control, with upgrades now underway to radios, radars, and safety systems. The next step in AI system merging airlines flight schedules with FAA systems to cut airport delays.
Speaker 7: The software will say, well, listen, we can see this forty five days out. Let's move some of those flights a little bit.
Speaker 2: And so then you're not delayed.
Speaker 5: The software has a possible price tag of six to ten billion dollars.
Speaker 7: AI is a tool, but we do not replace humans and how we manage the air space? Am I going to replace a controller and have AI manage their space? The answer to that is hell, no, that's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, to answer the question for simpletons at the end, I guess the Oh goodness, ten to twelve billion. What why.
Speaker 1: Could AI do a better job of scheduling planes and figuring out how where they need to be?
Speaker 4: When I got to believe it can. Yes, I've talked to several friends who've had it. Like you put together a vacation plan, you know, as a travel agent innocence, and it works wonderfully.
Speaker 2: Oh really, it's just it's a schedule. It's a grid. You'd think.
Speaker 1: So, Katie, when I mentioned Monica Lewinsky being a hot chick, why did you burst out and laughing and roll your eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious. I didn't roll my eyes. It was just the way that you said it. Okay, yeah, it was fair. I can't remember the exact honing you used.
Speaker 1: Now, So this book, which actually came out a while back, but is back in the news for some reason.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I don't if they're going to make a musical out of it or what.
Speaker 1: But the it's called the Pact Bill Clinton Newt Rich in the rivalry that defined a generation. And I guess they're because of where we are with our entitlement programs. They are hinging on one particular chapter about how Newt Gingrich and Bill Clinton were actually going to take a big swing at dealing with our social Security Medicare problems and like, we're serious about it. And I read this chapter and it really gets into weeds on the way in ways that you might not want to. But it's pretty interesting that all of their internal polling, for instance, their Clinton's pollster, Mark Penn, who by the way, has been writing great stuff about how we're on the right path with Iran and Trump is handling this the right way.
Speaker 2: Mark Penn, brilliant administration.
Speaker 1: Anyway, uh, Mark Penn had found that seventy three percent of Democratic voters favored some sort of privatization of Social Security at that time, and obviously the Republicans did. And then a couple of other things, you know, on term trying to fix medicare, and it was all as usual, or you're gonna have to do some raising of the ages and cutting his services and raising taxes and things that are easy for both sides to hate. And how Bill Clinton and Nuke Gingrich had come to trust each other and be friends over a long period of time, starting in a position of hating each other and not trusting each other at all, and grown over time to believe that the other person was was serious. And all of these behind the scenes secret meetings they were having because of a word. You know, you know how politics is now, it's worse now than it was in But if word leaked out at all that Newt Gingrich was, you know, talking to Bill Clinton about giving on something, or Bill Clinton was talking a new about giving on something, they'd be destroyed. And so they had to keep it secret. And they had this plan to announce it at the State of the Union address with as I heard Bob Dole say one time, with we both have to have one foot in the canoe, where if the other guy, you know, jumps out, we all fall in.
Speaker 2: Is the only way you can make these things work.
Speaker 1: But they were really really serious about this in a way that could have you fixed this problem and set us on a path that would be completely different than anything that we've got now.
Speaker 4: And this noting the Clinton administration was the last time we had a balanced budget.
Speaker 2: Right part Bill Clinton part knew Gingrich on that whole thing.
Speaker 1: The details were going to be worked out in the end, which is always difficult, but the broad outlines are clear. Gingrich was willing to give up the tax cut that he had been demanding for a proposal that included private investment in social security. Bill Clinton was going to allow that to happen if Gingrich gave on to a couple of his things, and so they actually were going to have a shot at this and privatization of social Security. Imagine that the mid nineties is now thirty years ago. You could have had some of that money that is making no money really and well it doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 2: It got spent.
Speaker 1: Your social security lush fund could have been in some sort of market that what would it be worth now the money you put in social Security thirty years later, with what the market has done.
Speaker 4: If you'd put every time instead of in social Security and an index fund, you would be vastly wealthier than you are right now. Who my God, not even close, yep. But the government wouldn't have had the slush fund. That's why it's not going to pass now. And I hate to be discouraging, but if you still are under the impression that you give them the money and they hold it and invest it for you, haw haw haw, now they just spend it as fast as it comes in. Then they think, how the hell are we going to pay the people the money they got coming when they retired.
Speaker 2: I have no idea, We'll just print more.
Speaker 1: What was interesting to me about this reading this is how much it comes down to two personalities often. You know, I'm just like with the war, Trump's personality and whoever's in charge in Iran or or or or or putin in t or whatever. How often these big issues come down to two personalities. And the people around Bill Clinton and Nuke Gingrich were telling them that they were being played. You're going to agree to this, and Bill Clinton's gonna come out and say new Gingrich wants to privatize security social security and then you know, throw you under the bus right before the midterms or whatever.
Speaker 2: And people are telling nut the same thing. But they came to.
Speaker 1: Trust each other to where they could actually do this thing, and I don't know if that's even possible anymore for anybody to build that kind of trust. Anyway, I'll jump to the punchline, which we all know what the punchline is. Breaking news early on Wednesday morning, January twenty first of nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: I think it was.
Speaker 1: Erskine Bowles, who was in charge of Bill Clinton's policy on this, arrived at his office in the White House at seven am and saw a daily briefing that included a Washington Post story about the President having an elicit affair with an unnamed White House In turn, Bulls learned about it from that went into Bill Clinton's office.
Speaker 2: Bill Clinton said, Erskine, I want you to know this story is not true. Bulls believed him. We all know how that turned out.
Speaker 1: Newt Gingrich got tremendous pressure to jump on this affair immediately, and you know the rest is history. That was the breaking news of oh, the president had an affair. We can damage him with. This ended any hope of reforming Social Security and Medicare in the way that we absolutely have to do to avoid disaster.
Speaker 4: I'm back to thinking this system of government doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Anymore. And that was thirty years ago, the twists in turns of history.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, yeah, that's our biggest financial problem.
Speaker 4: Sure, that's the biggest threat China. Please not physical insanity.
Speaker 2: It might not even be our biggest financial problem. It might be our biggest problem problem. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And we didn't the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs a few years back say this is the greatest existential threat to the United States bar none by far. It's just tough to get people to pay attention or care. How can we come that close?
Speaker 2: Once it gets derailed by you know.
Speaker 4: Of bj in, a vestibule, a star struck horn dog of an intern, and a horn dog.
Speaker 2: Of a president. Yes, yes, yes, Hilary waise In.
Speaker 4: I mean that that may be the all time stupid and inconsequential derailing, the incredibly serious, inconsequential in American history. There are probably other examples of it.
Speaker 1: You're right, I don't know what, I don't know any Yeah, on how incredibly unimportant it is in the overall scheme of things. It's important to Hillary obviously, but overall the fact that President Bill Clinton had yet another affair versus the biggest problem we've got in America getting sold right. You're right, that might be the greatest mismatch of consequential and inconsequential.
Speaker 4: Ever, here's a counterfactual for you. Since the impeachment, which really was a waste of everybody's time and money, centered around the idea that he'd lied under oath and the hole depends on what your definition of is is, which actually was a better case than people give him credit for.
Speaker 2: But what was I going to say, Oh, here's your counter factual.
Speaker 4: What if when he saw that headline, he'd said to both the musically named Erskine Bulls and America after talking to Monica, saying, look, we've just got to say, yes, it happened.
Speaker 2: We're not terribly proud of ourselves. You know.
Speaker 4: You know if he came out and said, yeah, yeah, it's it's true, It's absolutely true. I'm ashamed of myself my whole life. I've I've been prey to my own sexual desires in a way that I am not proud of. I apologize to miss Lewinsky. I apologize to the nation. It was a lack of self control and I should be better, period.
Speaker 2: Amen. William Jefferson Clinton, how.
Speaker 1: Would proud have weathered the storm. The truth came out anyway.
Speaker 4: Right right, we wouldn't have had the delightful Linda Tripp tapes. Oh Monica, I guess what I said, right, I love you. It's worse than that, Oh Monica, I love you, butt head.
Speaker 2: Oh Monica, twit. I don't know. I read the full length of that article and it was so depressing. Yeah, how's that even impossible?
Speaker 1: It's almost like, Uh, I was going to go to medical school, become a doctor, and be rich for the rest of my life. But I got a speeding ticket on the way to the uh concert.
Speaker 4: You know, I was just going to say, you you send your husband or brother or whomever to go buy apple stock in nineteen ninety two, and they got hungry and stopped at a burger stand and forgot and lost the money.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like, what, oh boy, what is he going to do?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Dang it? Yeah, I know it.
Speaker 1: Will we ever get to a place where where that could even get started again, because it can't with Trump?
Speaker 2: They hate him too much.
Speaker 4: And there's too much money being raised on hating him.
Speaker 2: Oh see, that's problem.
Speaker 4: That's another unrecognized Are we supposed to be doing an important commercial message here make far Oh yeah, okay, let me get to that then. My fabulous point that I'm sure I was about to make a word from our friend Trust and Will, speaking of being an adult and doing what you need to do. You know you need a trust and or will to dictate your desires for your assets, for your house, for the care of your minor children. If you have minor children, you gots to do this. And Trust and Will offers affordable attorney designed to state plans online that you can create and as little as thirty.
Speaker 1: Minutes, your picture going to a bunch of meetings with a bunch of paperwork and all this sort of stuff. Maybe how about an easy to use website. Trust and Will's platform makes it so easy to create your will or trust online. They've got the format already down. It's so fast and as little as thirty minutes you could create a will legally like this is the real thing will that lets you document your wishes for guardians, asset distribution, and healthcare planning.
Speaker 2: How amazing is that.
Speaker 4: They have our attorneys to help you in it's state specific, of course, Trust and Will affordable estate plans priceless peace of mind. Go to trustinwill dot com slash armstrong, get twenty percent off. That's trustinwill dot com slash armstrong again, twenty percent off. Get twenty percent off at trustinwill dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 2: Uh golly, g you what were we talking about.
Speaker 1: I was gonna get my cancer treatment, but I didn't pay my cable bill, so it got canceled.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't come up with any other examples of anything this minor to this important.
Speaker 4: Junior needed a bookmark for their book for their book report, so I gave them the winning lottery ticket.
Speaker 2: Then they lost it.
Speaker 4: Sorry, but you couldn't just find a scrap of like the keep it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So can.
Speaker 4: We ever get back to any sort of bipartisanship.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, That's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 4: And you know, it's funny how few people are aware of this small dollar online donations of perverted American politics, far beyond what corporate giving ever could have. The whole dark money thing that Democrats used to decry, and now they use more dark money than Republicans.
Speaker 2: Follow the money.
Speaker 1: Let me throw it one optimistic note, and I would hope since so many people are leaving the Republican Party and the Democratic Party and calling themselves independents.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it's possible.
Speaker 1: That that whole you can't be seen talking to the enemy thing will go away because there's so many people that don't aren't beholden to either party because they're disgusted by them, that if they see Mike Johnson, well he won't be Speaker at the House at the time. But in theory, Mike Johnson the Republican Speaker of the House talking to President rama.
Speaker 2: Manuel and trying to work out a deal, and you don't like, you know, decide, oh, he's a writer. That whole thing.
Speaker 4: Will there be more interest in more donations toward hey, let's do this as opposed.
Speaker 2: To how are you? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think that impulse is there and it's growing, But will it reach critical masses?
Speaker 2: I don't know. We'll all find out together. God, I hope a lot on the way stay here.
Speaker 1: There isn't a worse organization in America perhaps than the Southern Uh, the Southern Poverty Laws Center, and they're lion lion crap. For decades that the mainstream media has taken as one hundred percent Sincere will Man did a story break on them yesterday that we'll get into an hour three.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, finally that force for evil and racism is going to be brought down, or so it would seem, stay with us. So crime doesn't pay, as the old saying, or at least it used to be. Crime does pay. You just have to pick the right crime, I think. And I've got a couple of stories on crime coming up next hour. But I thought it was interesting the journal ran these stories like two days apart, violent Colombian gang eln runs the Venezuela cocaine trade that Trump vows to end. And then I think it was a couple of days earlier how a Brazilian prison gang became a global cocaine power. These are two different things, one in Brazil, one in Venezuela, but now they're each operating in like, you know, a few to twenty one country something like that. In the case of the Brazilian prison gang, which is actually kind of an interesting criminal enterprise in that they believe in keeping a low profile, keep the violence to a minimum.
Speaker 2: Violence draws it. We don't want that.
Speaker 4: We're business people, but they're operating all over the Americas and in Europe now which brings us to this also in the Wall Street Journal, how cyber crime became a leading industry in Scambodia, as it's being called now.
Speaker 2: Crime syndicates in.
Speaker 4: Cambodia control corrupt officials, They enslaved workers and fleece victims worldwide. There is a giant, very Trumpian looking like gold hued skyscraper rising in PanAm Penn, the capital of Cambodia.
Speaker 2: I'll take your word for it.
Speaker 4: It is a owned by a Chinese fellow by the name of shue I Min, sixty four year old China born convict in casino mogul who has shielded himself from law enforcement through his political connections. He is like one of the magnates of the scam operations that have cropped up across Cambodia, and he's making so much money he's building the highest skyscraper in the country. Scam compounds some of the size of small towns have housed enslaved workers doing the gruntwork of online scams, posing his love interests investors or police. Prominently predominantly Chinese syndicates operating in Cambodi have grown so enormous in scale that some foreign politicians refer to the country of eighteen million as Scambodia. As we mentioned, these are the people calling you, constantly, texting you, constantly emailing you, constantly, incognity dot com, slash Armstrong, and they're in bed with the government of Cambodia. I mean they are in terms of the Cambodian economy, like I don't know, banking is to the United States. It's become that big and they're that protected. Cambodian officials deny complicity with transnational scam syndicates.
Speaker 2: What scams in Cambodia.
Speaker 1: Why, I never sort of thing that obviously was not possible at all pre Internet age for some little country on the other side of the world to get involved in fleecing Americans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, impossible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So they looked into legal filings, Cambodian corporate records, and sanctions from the US and other countries. They document the infiltration of Cambodia's ruling class by online scam networks. Wall Street Journal interviewed more than a dozen men and women who worked in Cambodian scam operations, as well as law enforcement officials, activists, helping enslaved workers. They actually are slaves, held against their will, beaten and tortured if they don't, you know, stick to the scamming and get enough done. And former executives and companies associated with alleged cybercrime activities.
Speaker 2: Would you rather have to pick cotton or send out spam emails? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I not really picked cotton or build railroads. Sitting at a computer terminal versus being out in the hot sun, I'd probably take the scamming.
Speaker 2: I suppose, although I like the outdoors.
Speaker 4: Americans alone lost ten billion dollars to online fraud originating from Southeast Asia in twenty twenty four alone.
Speaker 2: Wow, what is it? What is it? Mostly?
Speaker 1: I don't know that I've ever lost a dollar? I don't think, so what is it? Mostly don't?
Speaker 4: I don't know exactly. It's a bilking people out of their bank accounts. The love interest thing. Hey, you know, we're really hitting it off online. I need two hundred dollars because my plane ticket got lost. That sort of thing is rampant.
Speaker 2: Wow, don't do that. Don't send them the money. Armstrong and Getty