Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what's something y'all was going on radio?
Speaker 2: He's a legendary Queen's rapper. Hey's is your boy in O? He's a Miami hip hop pioneer? What Up is dj e f N?
Speaker 3: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players in music and sport.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, the most.
Speaker 4: Professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk fact.
Speaker 2: This is Drinks champ Radio. Every day is New Year's Eve.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: He ain't said Hope your South Via, this is your boy in o R.
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 2: It is? Dj e f N? And this is motherfucker Drinks Chance Podcast.
Speaker 4: And right now, before we get into our guests, before we get into everything, we want to let people know that September tenth is going down in r E Noriega's birthday weekend. We're gonna do it big out here. We're gonna have a barbecue and a cookout and all that. Right, DJFN do a red Champster. That's September tenth. We want you to keep it. But right now, we know this is Miami king excited. Right now, we know there's Miami's mayors, we know there's other Miami, but this is the Miami President.
Speaker 2: This is Miami. This is Miami.
Speaker 4: If he don't get your co signed, then you you cannot live out here.
Speaker 2: He's the person, he's personally.
Speaker 4: If he didn't exist, a brother like me and r E would not exist because I always talk the worst shit on records. But he's the guy who went to court and fought for me, my god given right and one God damn it. He was one of the part of the most controversial groups in the world and still are relevant to this day.
Speaker 2: This man is out here coaching. Not only he did.
Speaker 4: All the craziest shit, but he's also given back to the youth and the community. If you don't know who we're talking right right now, we're talking about the godfather, the father of Miami, of South Florida.
Speaker 2: Of speaking your mother right now.
Speaker 1: We got uncle.
Speaker 2: Uncle Luke. I'm such a fan of you.
Speaker 4: I've been living in Miami for ten years, but prior to that, I've been coming to Miami ten years before that, and I could just remember I'm digging right into it. I could just remember Coward's and Campton.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yesty, I just.
Speaker 4: Remember that cow like because it's crazy because now that I lived in Miami and I lived I would probably say I lived out here ten years, So I would probably say Miami maybe six years, and then brow it maybe like three or four, maybe even maybe even five, and that saying.
Speaker 2: Will always be here.
Speaker 4: He gets rayed today and all this, And I never knew that they got that from. So how did that even start? Like, oh, you gotta, you gotta, you gotta set it up. We had a we had a couple of weeks ago and then he talked about it. He said that when that beef popped off, they quickly found out how real Uncle Luke was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that was my That was my transition from from the streets to you know, to the music business. You know, I still had a lot of streak in me and I still had a lot of you first, I think we took a shot at them.
Speaker 2: I mean, let me tell you it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of disrespect for Miami.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, you had at one point you had Redman and that whole thing when they.
Speaker 2: Did the record where it was like what's up do?
Speaker 1: What's they did?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was I.
Speaker 2: Think I think your boat bucket, like.
Speaker 1: It was like, you know, you know when you when you're in the business, like I'm in the business and we're going on to it.
Speaker 2: We're trying to do shows.
Speaker 1: You know, niggas is.
Speaker 2: Giving us, you know, this much.
Speaker 1: Stage to work with, you know, and teen fifteen minutes on stage and all that.
Speaker 2: Less than that, you know, one or two. So so it was this a whole lot of but that was when it was too live. Crawl was that was too live crew.
Speaker 4: So so now I so now snooping them, they do this video and then you do do like which is Dreda it was, and you did the same video and then you had.
Speaker 2: JT Money on there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then there was the other guy that was on that record.
Speaker 2: Someone from Poison Claim was somebody.
Speaker 1: It was it was it was JT Money, and then it was another artist you know that he was working with.
Speaker 2: I forget what I was saying. Blake. Yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: So so you you make this video and then Snoop was like, Snoop says it because at this time I came out in nineteen ninety seven, so you guys were way before that. And then Snoop was ninety one. I think he said it was something.
Speaker 2: So at this time people are just seeing Miami beaches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, how because he said.
Speaker 4: That, he said, he said Luke. We figured out how real Luke was. How did that happen? Like, what did y'all see them somewhere?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you know it was this, you know, back then at that period of time, you know, Sugar Knight had had everybody, you know, you know he had you know, yeah, they all all the record executives.
Speaker 2: They're all nervous.
Speaker 1: Everybody nervous, you know, and and so during that period of time, it was, you know, some kind of way it became, you know, a question about whether or not he got us ship. I'm like, no, nigga ain't got me shook. I'm really on some different ship.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm just in the music business right now. Everybody something.
Speaker 2: So you know.
Speaker 1: So at the end of the day, you know, we made the song, they made the song, and then we ended up at Jackie Rapper so Atlanta. Yeah, in Atlanta, So we we basically was like, you know, hey, look, you know I want to jack the Rapper and was like, Yo, this is the time you might need to squash this in the South. Yeah, you know, they're coming down, racking down for the convention. So you know, they were like, nah, we ain't gotta do no talking about nothing and all that, right, So I was like, okay, well this shit gonna go down.
Speaker 2: So once once my dudes, you know, the dudes who.
Speaker 1: Again making a transition from corporate world from the streets, you know, and everybody was looking at us like, oh, need some booty shaking dudes.
Speaker 2: They're playing the booty music and all that, but.
Speaker 1: No, we we rapping about ship. That's gonna get us put in jail, you feel me. I always look at it like, you know, dudes who be rapping about that ship, they just wrapping about a niggas who they know. They ain't rapping about somebody. They ain't really lived that life like that, you feel me. So you know that's that's why I went a whole different direction with what I was talking about. But at the same time, them dudes, you know, shit happened, and my homeboys on the streets was like, yo, we gotta hey, look at you got a problem here, you know, because they in the record and they in the chatter and they hearing what them dudes doing the other and it was the ship with emotion where it was totally it was. It was it got an emotion where I can't I could have really controlled it to a whole degree. Were I'm sitting up at the hotel now now she know the fucking Nico hotel that my dudes came up there. You know, I gotta funck y'all got here. You know, these are the wrong dudes. And I'm like, uh, They're like, yo, yo, Ship, we got stopped.
Speaker 2: In these niggas.
Speaker 1: So it's like eight of the most notorious motherfuckers you ever want to meet from Miami, drove that car there.
Speaker 2: They're like, we drove here, drove hold on, hold on.
Speaker 1: We can't do this, you know, cause again I'm coming from the streets and we woke up like that. So at the end of the day, you know, I'm like, hold on, and it was like, hey, hey man, well you know we're gonna kill this nigga.
Speaker 2: We're gonna kill this nigga, this nigga.
Speaker 1: I said, no, no, no, no, ain't killing nobody, you know. No, Well, we're gonna have to let mone. We're gonna have to touch somebody, somebody up. So Ship hit the fan, you know at that.
Speaker 2: Point, And then how did y'all after that.
Speaker 4: How did like we don't have to describe if anything happened, because you know we be a positive but how how.
Speaker 2: Did y'all eventually work that out? How we worked it out?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know I ended up having a conversation with should We ended up talking, you know, And and then you know, at that time, I think the Bengals and somebody was playing Super Bowl down okay, and so I kind of invited them down. It's like, yo, man, y'all come on down, hang out with me. You don't as sweet in the Dolphin Stadium. And I was like, y'all be my guest, and we all, you know, we need to squashed it because I ain't on that. You know, I'm leaving that like water cut you feel me.
Speaker 2: So then they came down and we can't squashed it.
Speaker 4: You know now you also this is this is which is crazy. You also had words were run DMCs.
Speaker 2: It was crazy like he was a promote.
Speaker 4: You would bring him down, right because you gotta realize, like I'm from New York.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I recently migrated, but we never heard this news because we ain't have the internet back then. You know what I'm saying, so this will be little industry things. And I remember hearing you.
Speaker 2: Saying somewhere like they were acting like Pussy's or something like that. When d see what happened, let's describe that.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know the whole thing with that was, you know, I was again just like sounds a promoter.
Speaker 2: You know, I was bringing all the hip hop to Miami. Was no hip hop feel me?
Speaker 1: So running all of them would come down and they would be you know, I pay them five hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: You know they ended up Luke just say he paid one DMC five hundred for it's talking about this is it doesn't matter she is legends. Well, listen, this is for all the new artists that think you're supposed to.
Speaker 2: Come out and get fit fifteen thousand the first show.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like, there's people who legends have to start from somewhere.
Speaker 1: So let me tell you we had we had doctor Jack limits to hide down here. He ended up what fucking running motown or something like that. You feel about, yeah, one hundreds right, all those guys, I mean, you name it. I would bring all those guys down here, you know, because you know even on the radio.
Speaker 2: Miami wasn't playing on here pop you feel me?
Speaker 1: So then I'm like, you know, I'm into it because I'm DJ, and I'm bringing dudes down, bringing people from everywhere, Cali, New York, you know, Jessey j and all them dudes, Man Tronics, you name it, just bringing all them dudes and Run.
Speaker 2: And they were acting funny or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got brand new yeah.
Speaker 2: Port Mississippi.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, and uh Leo Corn was there manager at the time.
Speaker 4: That's Les sniffing cochle off. He got the pictures in his office when I was there manager, I was a coke slipper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Leo was the road manager, right, And and so we went golf for Mississippi getting ready to do the show. So they was like everybody was like ya, Run said you could only have five minutes on stage. Run said, you're gonna have one sets of lights. Run said, you know your sound is gonna be a run Run them see say this, run them see that. I'm like, how the fuck we gonna do a show with five minutes on stage? And we got you know what I'm saying, We got at least four or five songs. Number one ain't want us on the show norway because they had to have us. It was like these niggas from the South win't really fucking with them. Everybody mad that we got to do a show with these guys because we're selling so many records in the city to sell to sell, you know, the tickets. So it was just too much run this, too much run now again. I'm still got this street ship.
Speaker 2: In my head.
Speaker 1: So at the end, they you know, I was like, man, fuck run them. So I told I told him, I told mister Mix. I was like, mister, this is what we're gonna do. Since we got since we ain't got but five minutes on stage, we're just gonna cut Peter Piper. And so I went on and got the microphone, went on stage. Oh these motherfuckers theid run them. See them say, lean got but five minutes on stage, So what we're gonna do in our five minutes? We're gonna scratch the ship. Yeah, they ran him on stage.
Speaker 2: And all that.
Speaker 1: You know, when they ran him on stage there, we was like, okay, let's go, let's do what we got. So the police ended up running up on stage.
Speaker 2: You know, back then, Nigga was packing for real. Alright, and now now I know you're cool with all of these guys, yeah, my dudes, but but how do you like?
Speaker 4: I like that, like because you see why and and nowadays it's so hard to squash beef because you see how I knew about you know that I know about that.
Speaker 2: But that's because it wasn't on the blogs. That's because they wasn't on the internet.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying on the blog? Y'are still right now?
Speaker 2: So would you say it was still it was easy? It was easier to squash beef.
Speaker 1: Then, well, because I mean it was easy if you was a real nigga, if you if you was a pussy, then they were going to keep on.
Speaker 2: And then you don't have the fans instigating on Twitter that ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, like they just had Drake fans just ran up on Joe Buttons.
Speaker 2: It is rare, Like you ain't see that. They ran up with Joe Button's house.
Speaker 4: Then they got they got beef and one of his fans just running up on.
Speaker 2: Him like this is this is a totally fucked up world.
Speaker 3: You're glad out this business, out of the business, are you cleanly out of the business?
Speaker 2: Well, when you got catalog this selling, that's right?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, they keep me on the Yeah, I'm like, oh, that's still.
Speaker 2: On the room.
Speaker 4: Because now before we get to the one of my favorite jay z and if you was ever was with you, We're going to get to he wrote this book, right? What what was that like? Inspired by? How many games? How many years have you been in this game?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man, you didn't you draw another eighty five? Was the label start? Which would be the first?
Speaker 3: Would you be the first black onwed independent hip hopolysises.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it's made some noise for that relaxed. I always wanted to know.
Speaker 3: I've always told you, Bob, I was like, this gotta be one of the first presses.
Speaker 2: I don't know, that's what I say. This is one of the first presses. Oh my god, hold on.
Speaker 3: Made my mom mind for me because I couldn't get I was too young now that when I said me, Now.
Speaker 4: When I see this, it says lou Skywalker and the two Live crew, were you always like the producer and you was always like the main attraction?
Speaker 2: You are pretty pretty much?
Speaker 1: It was It was more I was more like I didn't really want to be in the group, you know, what I'm saying. But then it was more like, all right, I need to be in the group because this ship is a little you know, blad, we got.
Speaker 2: To have a little bit already started prior to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, y'all to DJ. My DJ name was Lucie.
Speaker 2: I woke okay, And then how did y'all meet?
Speaker 1: Well bringing them down doing a concert.
Speaker 2: Oh they're not from Miami, No, oh my god?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, well Fresh Kid Ice.
Speaker 1: Is from Brooklyn, brother Marquis is from Rochester, and mister Mixes from sam Bernady.
Speaker 2: I knew for service to mix was like when.
Speaker 5: I was watching those videos, I was like I was a kid because I was.
Speaker 4: Born in seventy seven, so what year that had to be like eighty eighty seven, So I must have been ten years old watching that shit.
Speaker 2: Like Miami is the place that made y'all.
Speaker 3: There was a group already, they were doing something because of the military they met or something or in LA they was in the military.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, Marquis and uh In Fresh Kid in the military in California. And then the other original member was your v Line. He was in the group. He was the one on the flip side of the beat. I was doing.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did he So we gotta celebrate your book right now.
Speaker 4: Come on, have a drink, man, Come on, man, you gotta have a drink about Hulu.
Speaker 2: Man got the right fact. You know, you know I made all my record car. You know what's up?
Speaker 4: You know he you know he's born and raised from Miami, with Miami.
Speaker 2: The people know that you want to show at Miami.
Speaker 4: And you have been hands down one of the most highly requested guests because you know what I'm saying, because of all your history.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna celebrate. Excited. We got coming up, we got boss coming up.
Speaker 4: But I just want to know minute interviews, say thank you so much because so many people has requested because I am not like one of them guys, guys that want to come to a town and don't give back from the town and don't you know, help and we get to that.
Speaker 2: Phone call that's who.
Speaker 4: But because I you know what, right now, we'll do it right now. Because I remember you saying that he was he was. It was like some type of discrepancy, but like a Drake or Wayne and I believe a baby or something and you said something that.
Speaker 2: Was that was that was? That was real, real powerful to me.
Speaker 4: You said, you guys come out here, you smoke off drugs, you funk off women, and he don't give nothing back to her.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you another thing. That's why I don't fuck nobody girl in Miami. I said, I get me out of that.
Speaker 1: God damn, you.
Speaker 2: Get me out of that. I know what you mean. I know what you meant. And so is that how you feel like the Miami has to have this pride in order for you guys to move forward? Yeah? Yeah, I mean, you know it's you know, my thing.
Speaker 1: When I made the statement I did in my collw not doing the Miami of New Times, it was more down the lines of, uh, if you move here, you feel me, you know, then you need to get back to the community. You know, you know, and not only this community, anywhere around the country because you know, back in the days when we was doing ship, you know, on a regular basis, you know, we all.
Speaker 2: We knew we had to give back. You know.
Speaker 1: I looked at every hip hop artist as a representative of the of the city. You know, when when when the word rep came out, you know what city you rep? You know, you got repping. You know, the guys over there. You know there James represents repping. You know, uh, Houston, you know you had guys repping everywhere. But at the same time, they were giving back to the community. So if you live here, then if you move here, which is finding right, you know, that's a that's an excellent thing. But you know, go and read a fucking book to some kids. You know what I'm saying. Now, you're you're a citizen of Miami.
Speaker 2: You know the South Beat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't say that over time, go to Kendy.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, any find a little program.
Speaker 4: That It's very true because and then and then I remember when that statement had came out, and then nobody said nothing, but then Drake said something.
Speaker 2: And then he moved though, because Drake was living here.
Speaker 1: It was crazy because he said tell about Miami too.
Speaker 2: Like a month later he was gone, like it was doing that on that was just incident.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was like, I was like, I heard Drake say that, and I'm like, all right, I want to see And then what I was saying he was in California.
Speaker 1: And I was just like, yeah, you know it is a nice guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you didn't take it. You you understood, Yeah, I didn't understood it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know, I I like, uh, you know, I like direct shots.
Speaker 2: You know, indirect shots, subliminal, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Don't subliminal. So you know, to me, that wasn't a direct shot. It's more like, oh I'm here, you should have mentioned me, and you know what I mean. Okay, I'm sorry, But if I took it, if I took a direct.
Speaker 2: Shot, Now, what's your relationship with pop Daddy?
Speaker 1: Like? Because you guys come from my man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like like my little son.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, was like, yeah, he bought the water.
Speaker 2: He bungs some water. Damn.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I can't have you. You can't have Dominican friends. Friend mister Lee forgets everything. My brother nobody bunks water. It's my friend Fat Joe's vodka. You got that over there?
Speaker 1: Lean back.
Speaker 2: That's what it should be called. Bottle is nice. The bottle should be being right right.
Speaker 4: So now uncle, you here, you had these these these children nowadays, what music do you like? Sit back of a new artist and you say, you know what, I.
Speaker 1: Fuck with that? Man, I mean I'm all over the place. I mean when they come to music, you know. I mean I listened to Jake Cole. I mean I listened, you know what I mean, as long as it got straight. I listened to. You know what I'm saying. If it's if he you.
Speaker 2: Know, funny style. If it's different, I don't listen to.
Speaker 3: It funny style, Okay, I just like I call it to me a second, I call it, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, I listen. You know, I'm a I'm a I love music. You know, you know I love good music. I love interesting music. You feel me like, Okay, damn that ship that was different? You know, man, I like that beat. I don't like if I hear the same DM I'm going to. I mean, it's like a whole bunch of ship with the same beat right now. So I don't really vibe with you know, I listened to some of the I listened to some fucking Drake and I listened to some Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm a jay Z fan. Anything.
Speaker 3: Were there any DJs in Miami that inspired you that you looked up like?
Speaker 2: I know that. Yeah, Frankie Hollywood inspired me.
Speaker 1: I mean he you know everything that he did breaking.
Speaker 3: Records because the way that Miami dj spun like the ghetto style DJs. Sugar Hill DJ Jamponi expressed from Tampa really right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know where they're from.
Speaker 1: You never really consider the ma as DJs because it was more like the first studio DJ. But if you're DJ in Miami, you set your fu speakers up and you got in a battle and you had to go ahead the head with another group, and if you can survive that ship, you good. So jam Pony was always doing that ship in the concert, which I like this stuff and all that, but they were in the corset doing that.
Speaker 3: Definitely Sugarhill DJs, Sugar Hell, yeah, all the ones you got.
Speaker 2: His uncle al Stories, old uncle Ale Stories like that was a good at Studio one eighty three, and he was just such a good, humble.
Speaker 1: Alice, like Alice like my other little son. You know, I love that dude to death, God bless it. So you know what I'm saying, Hell is half good. You know, have you know have my last time talking to all he was like looke. You know, his whole conversation is basically down the same lines too. You know, man, you got a lot of dudes right here. Man, you the only one can pretty much hold this ship. Down and get the respect because a lot of a lot of these other artists and a lot of these other companies doing a lot of selling out.
Speaker 2: You know, you need to hold his ship.
Speaker 1: Down so people can, uh, you know, still give the respecting. Probably two weeks after that.
Speaker 3: He died because I remember I met Al for a second and I thought he was gonna shut me down, because this is when I'm coming.
Speaker 2: Over talking about Yeah, rec in peace. And I met him at Studio one eighty three.
Speaker 3: We used to go and open up for shows out there, and I remember I brought him a record. It wasn't the typical record. I thought he would like he was on some straight boombab hip hop ship. But we rep in Miami and he said to me, as long as you rep in the crib, I'm fucking with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'll never forget that from him.
Speaker 4: Racist is a fact, some watering man. I respect that man came out here and learned early.
Speaker 2: Did you know that? You know?
Speaker 3: Tell us I want to know the Griff story too, gri because Greg, you know Griff from Public Enemy.
Speaker 2: You gotta beat for him to no no help were me on?
Speaker 1: I mean the Griff story. I mean Griff had just got kicked out of Public Enemy.
Speaker 2: Because it made the Jewish comments. You know.
Speaker 1: You know, I like Griff, you know as a person because I got to beat Griff, you know, because there was a whole other movie was in Savannah, Georgia, and uh, you know Public Enemy had this this uh this uh this manager another you know, fun Miami fuck this fuck that got five minutes on stage ship and I'm like this don't look right. Public getting me got a little white manager, you know, talking ship like this, and I'm like, okay, fight the power.
Speaker 3: And then i be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm beating this motherfucker up.
Speaker 2: And then he comes group and all them Grip like.
Speaker 1: Yo, yeah, yeah, come on. So many of them became real good friends at that time, me and Chuck.
Speaker 2: So then they ended up, you know, some kind of way.
Speaker 1: He ended up getting out of the group for whatever you know, the comments was, and you know, and Grip ended up coming. He had he had a group. Uh uh he was working with Society. So yeah, then he came down and then it was like look man, you know, explained to me what happened, you know, and uh.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, man, I look out for you.
Speaker 1: I'll put you like that was just yeah, because anybody was nobody.
Speaker 3: He was black ball, like yeah, and he gave him a home and you signed him on something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm saying that's what I meant by make some noise for.
Speaker 4: So I heard you say this man's name earlier. I also said his man name earlier. But one of the funniest interviews I ever seen is.
Speaker 2: Is that that's that's Miami or what was that Atlanta? I think it was. It was two bitches.
Speaker 4: One was eating a bitch out and James trying jay Z I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: He was trying to be cool because he's just a cool character. This is my man. Spoke to him this morning. He's a cool character. He's not what I mean, he's a cool character. But when I looked at that interview, yes.
Speaker 5: Who's coming on my eyes because he's trying to be cool.
Speaker 4: But they're really eating each other out, like this is not you can tell, like you know when they be like they got their left.
Speaker 2: No, these is doing it for a real And Jaye's standing there, He's like, yo, you would tell Luke is nothing faded from Louke, but.
Speaker 4: Jay is like, I won't seem sweat coming down like I've never seen j like.
Speaker 2: That, like he was this. Yeah, that's what I used to do. I mean I used to do the I created a show.
Speaker 4: Called Luke Peep Ship wasn't a secondent called DHS supposed to Captain Dickens.
Speaker 2: I secrement of something like that I got.
Speaker 1: So I would you know what I would do in the show. You know, it actually came on action pay per view, which was by BT. Wow you feel me. So what we would do is take all the you know, the club versions of the videos to put on the air. So I would do a show and I would interview different artists like Kim you know, Okay, yeah, you're talking about sucking Dix and all that. So I would have a big orgy right in the background. Really, I'm just I'm really just working with the artist, you know, put it in your mouth. I had a chick like, okay, go ahead, You're.
Speaker 2: Like yo, yo yo, we just had him on here. I'm like, you really ain't on it.
Speaker 1: I'm really like, my whole the whole thing was y'all thinkgas making these records, But I want to see if you really about that. So I would create the whole scene about what you're talking about, you know, and if you're looking like now that that let me know that you was on the bullshit.
Speaker 2: But we just had here and he must have took that from you. He said that.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, let me tell you, Duran, how can I be down right the convention. He had a boat party that that was going on. Everybody knew we had to be on that boat party and we all would get on. I think it was that base side. We were dining a dog, right, so we some of my dogs in here. We went on it. You get on the boat. It was calm for a second. As soon as that motherfucker took off. Luke got on the mic and strippers came out, Yo chicks sitting on forty ounces and up and oio.
Speaker 2: It was a crazy ship in the world. Man. We asked, We asked questions. No, this is where we all advertise. This is where he sucks us up right now? How many? How many? How many grandmothers out there? Right? This is a different type of It's a different question.
Speaker 1: Now that you know you dog, a different questions, different question.
Speaker 4: This maybe this grandmother list right now they might be grandmother's because you're looking at the rooms might be.
Speaker 2: One of you. Yeah, you're ready, Maxwell.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, you're a little man ready Maxwell, Well, but a little because back.
Speaker 4: Then y'all didn't really have rubbers or rubbers wasn't really pop.
Speaker 2: Saying it wasn't It wasn't disease. It wasn't disease.
Speaker 1: Probably you're nasty only, but listen, I look at yours.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: Ship got dried the rubber name.
Speaker 2: Because I watch your videos and you ain't. You ain't have ugly bitches like this A man.
Speaker 4: Difference, like you will get bitches to get naked, but if they're if they're already tools, they're already ones with low self esteem.
Speaker 2: It's easy to get hot ned. But when you got the.
Speaker 4: Twenty five chicken, your chick league, you're gonna get naked.
Speaker 2: You're gonna.
Speaker 1: You're gonna put this boy, you gonna put a baby dollar. You're pushing that once to say you have you put it, You're gonna put itself. Yo, I did I did that ship one night out of my fucking mind. You know this ship did?
Speaker 2: They do a lot of things. Do you realize all the stuff that you all the like, you will be locked up nowadays? Like I mean I thought, I mean worse, Yeah, but no. But what I'm saying is you.
Speaker 4: Like, but what I'm saying is nowadays they're so coarse. It's like the NBA, like you, they got something called flocking and all that. Like back then people were just hating each other and y'all was just fucking everywhere having the ball. But nowadays we'll at least with But how did that? How did the even controversy start? Because what did they want to stop you from performing.
Speaker 1: Or from going into their daughters.
Speaker 2: Let's make some more, got to get let's toast the book one more time. Man, the book a loop.
Speaker 4: So you let your record label informs you that you're about to have a case or.
Speaker 2: Hold on time out. Record label informed.
Speaker 4: Me he's the record label and ship my sorry first press that the first black label. That that alone we got to get back to because I want a segment on that alone. But so you you would see the letter because there's no emails back then, and they say you got the facts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, right right now, I got a letter.
Speaker 1: You know when the kids was getting it, like we had this on through the dickum on New York.
Speaker 2: You got the New York you got. I like the Miami and I'm excited.
Speaker 4: I'm excited, excited, But so how do you find out about that?
Speaker 2: You know some parents, the.
Speaker 1: PTA from Alabama, you know one of those, they hit me up, send me a letter, was like, hey, look, you know the kids is getting this. This throw the dick version of the song. And I was like, I ain't really trying to have kids get it. That's not the intent. That's more of an adult thing. So then that's when I created the perential advisory sticking that you see.
Speaker 2: On the record. I was I had that for a question. Let's just make listen, listen, listen.
Speaker 4: People don't understand that that potental advisory sticker is so important. If that pot into advisor sticker, wouldn't it existed, You wouldn't have I don't want to just half a hip hop. I'm about to start naming groups. But I gotta applaud you for that. I gotta applaud you.
Speaker 2: For fighting for the writers. But I want you to go through it and for the people that you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You can read the Book of Luke as well, but I want you to go through it for fast. We got dumb fast. They don't read, you know what I'm saying, So they read I mean the niggas that like me don't read. I want to resource. So you get that letter and then they stop pushing the records or well, I get the What happens is I get the letter because you gotta remember, at that period of time, I'm the only one doing explicit lyrics on the rap record and nobody doing no cussing, no nothing.
Speaker 1: So you get the letter in and at the same time, you know, I'm like, okay, well I got to figure this shit out. So I started using the you know, the movie industry standards. I just took that idea because I always know everything that I had to do, it had to be common sense, it had to be already something that was already established. So that's when I came up with the idea of n C seventeen. You feel me like, seventeen under seventeen you can't look at the move. So I took that R rating system and using the music system, and then I then alerted all the record stores that hey, look here, I'm gonna put a stick on here. Don't sell the kids this version, but selling the.
Speaker 2: Clean version on your own did, Yeah, he did. No, it was no other hip hop raped none of that.
Speaker 3: Could you have made money off of the idea of the sticker to yourself?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I should have did I should I should have patted it.
Speaker 1: It was more about the the r I A, you know, adopting the sticker. So if they adopted the sticker, then it was industry standard that any other artists that would come in front behind me, you know, they would just put the stick on there. They were able to do the music that they want to do and say what they want to sell the records.
Speaker 4: Now, when see the Lauris Tucker was coming at Tupac, that was after you correct, when they was coming at Tupac and Snoop and.
Speaker 1: That that was also sitting there, so oh my god.
Speaker 2: But they had had the permatory advice they on there. Yeah, that was all. It was the first project. That was your idea. That's crazy, that's crazy. I didn't he actually came up with it. They came out of the court stuff and everything. So you're saying that that just happened because you wanted to do it, and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I wanted to do it, that happened. I did that on my first record first record, which was throw the D and the answer was throw the P That was my first record doing with two live crew, And so I did that at that period of time, and you know, it's almost you know it was.
Speaker 2: It was a no brainer because at the.
Speaker 1: Same time, you got kids that can buy cigarettes, so you look on the back a store on already know how to sell the kids a cigarette bill or anything like that. So then you know, I just said, okay, let me put a sticker on here that would let a clerk know because I'm thinking about it. You know, it's little kids that work at the records too, So you put the you know, sticker on there.
Speaker 2: Don't sell This happened this one had it. That one probably did.
Speaker 3: I know, I can tell you right now. I couldn't buy it. I saw my mom, this is like some really good music.
Speaker 1: There were a whole lot of records that went out again that didn't have the stick because all this I'm changing up. These new presidents will go out with the sticky on it.
Speaker 4: Now, did you have the ideas for the video as you was recorded? You knew that you're gonna have button makeing bitches running around it.
Speaker 1: You knew that you know. I mean the whole thing with that. You know, I looked at everything, you know, because again, you don't hip hop junkie, you feel me. So I'm coming from bringing you know, historic hip hop artists and the Vine Sounds, you name it, t the rock Jack, all these all these guys down here.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, I'm from Miami. You know.
Speaker 1: I looked at a lot of people, you know, don't disrespect the iced tea and a whole lot of these other guys. They were from other places, but they want to be like New York.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I respect New York. I love New York to death. But at the same time, I'm about where you from. You know, you gotta, you know, rep your city. So I wanted to show my city. This is what we do.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: We walk around half naked, we got beat in the back, we got all the wild ship going on.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to.
Speaker 1: Show that, you know, part of what we're about, you know, how we live in As far as the hip hop.
Speaker 4: Scene, I drove down Miami Beach the other day, man, and I was just driving down and it was nothing behlf neked chicks here, I said, anywhere else in the world, I would call that bitch a slut.
Speaker 2: Right here. This is normal as motherfucking tire man. Let's go. It makes a noise from Miami being halfgg You see you've seen this club right here at the pack Jam.
Speaker 3: That's like a right of passage the days from Miami like like we we kindle boys.
Speaker 2: We was like, you gotta go to pack Jam just to prove that robbed the pack Jam. Oh yeah, you get that.
Speaker 1: Hip hop.
Speaker 2: Never go to hip hop club unless people get robbed in the jam jam was crazy. That was crazy.
Speaker 3: We was young just going in there, and then girls getting butt naked were like, oh ship.
Speaker 2: Peg was like the red in New York. So now they're trying to ban your records.
Speaker 4: And then you go even crazier with the videos because you single handedly because of you, the shows like b I think you created YouTube, like more.
Speaker 1: More so than uh uh, you know video the juke box box.
Speaker 4: But they were showing guns. You were showing ass like you know, they were showing It's all explicit. But I think that single hand that single handy transferred to YouTube because people were saying, well, you know what, we can't watch it here, then we want to watch it somewhere else, and I think, like in in a little way YouTube you somebody that makes no noise, We're gonna.
Speaker 2: Start you now, just do a deal and just think about it.
Speaker 4: Like and then BT jams they had had transferred to B E t J BT hated me.
Speaker 2: They hated me this day. They hate me. Why because they couldn't play the records.
Speaker 1: Well, because I was pushing the envelope of sexually intriguing.
Speaker 3: It was really backed by the whole gospel side of BT as well, Like it seemed like they would be well.
Speaker 1: I mean back back then, you know, I mean back then black people were very very conservative.
Speaker 2: The ship that I was doing was unheard of. Box.
Speaker 1: You know, I had every hip hop artist hating you know what I'm saying. You had the kitten plays and ship. They would get on VT. They would do shows where they interview guys and be like, Yo, do you like this two live crow motherfuckers and this Uncle Lue.
Speaker 2: No, I fuck them, I don't like them.
Speaker 1: That ain't hip hop.
Speaker 2: They ain't ship.
Speaker 1: You know. They would do that, you know, so we would be pushing the envelope through the video juke box, you know, and be like Okay, why y'all ain't playing this ship and they would be losing ratings and people would be looking at the box. So it became a big, real b And then that's when I ended up doing the show with Bob Johnson at the station. But everybody else still hated me. You know, the people that there right now, who are still there right now, they were there back then. They still hate my ass to this fucking day because I pushed the envelope so hard that you know, they had to change their well programming.
Speaker 2: People just didn't understand Miami, especially no.
Speaker 1: I mean it was saying motherfuckers from Perry had the noise. They sitting up there like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: So you know they you know, they had a real problem with what we were doing.
Speaker 4: Well, let me tell you, I don't know who those people are, but I'm telling you, you help my childhood. I got an important part of.
Speaker 1: The birthday. That was a good old day.
Speaker 2: That was a good old day sticking in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, I'm just sitting back and watching, like I gotta.
Speaker 2: Get to my hand. You gotta talk about Big and Luke.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, Big y'all had y'all have beef at first.
Speaker 2: No no no, no, no no, And yeah, let's just talk about that Big.
Speaker 1: Oh that's my dog, Big men Big, that's my guy.
Speaker 2: What happened? How'd you Lincoln with Big?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, ship I brought him down to do a show.
Speaker 2: You know, it was a Super Bowl weekend and then you know he came. He was like you know him, Julie Muff, you know all that.
Speaker 1: It was like Big was like, okay, man, I'm doing your pack jam, the big one, the second one. It was around the corner. He was saying, Man, I ain't gonna do that, motherfucker. Let you come because pack jam here was what we called. It was the Apollo South.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: They would go up in there and the.
Speaker 1: Artists w was going there and they'll be looking like this at your ass. You know, motherfucker, you better get to the song, you know, cause we really you know, they were the hardest sound man.
Speaker 2: Did you have a dirty guy like who came out like dirty? The crowd would be said.
Speaker 1: Was like, yo, I ain't doing that, motherfucker less you unless you come up in there. And so Man and them, you know, we ended up linking up that weekend and we was friends forever. I mean he uh, he would tell me stories about you know him him being a big fan of Poison Clan.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. He told me he was like, Man, this fucking JT money.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I you know, before I got into business, I got all his ship.
Speaker 2: So he was like damn.
Speaker 1: So you know, I'm looking at him like he was like, nah, Man, that was my dude. That that's my dude. And so Man and him hit it off. Every time you come down I go to New York, I would hang out with him and h we end up doing the record together.
Speaker 2: And you wasn't dead when he died in l A, right, I was in l A. Actually, I was in the studio doing I was.
Speaker 1: Supposed to link up with him and me and uh me and stoop Dogg was in the studios. So yeah, they ended up when they told us about them dead. And you know we were sitting in the studio.
Speaker 4: I think you sat in a brother's club. You were supposed to meet with him somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were supposed to go to another party.
Speaker 1: It was at a party we were recording, and uh, we were supposed to go link up afterwards.
Speaker 4: God bless Big man, God bless Julia Mafia.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying is and did you ever meet to park Park?
Speaker 1: Was?
Speaker 2: No, that was my guy.
Speaker 4: Let's break out some now is the bitch is involved?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 1: Part was that was another one of my little sons, you know what. Let's yeah, would Pop would come down, you know you hang out park was like George Jefferson, remember looking at George Jefferson on the on the Jefferson that that motherfucker just sit in the car and talk talk talk talk talk. I mean we would be on the road together, we see each other. He would be in my room. I'm sitting there laying down sleep, this motherfucker still talking. God, you know I heard every story it was, but that was part with my dude.
Speaker 2: That's my nigga. That's so. Let me ask you because it had to be weird from you.
Speaker 4: Everybody knew you ran Miami after especially all the turmoil or the beat and everybody everybody clearly knew that.
Speaker 2: That was your section.
Speaker 4: But now this East coast West coast war happens, right, it's in the middle. You cool with both sides. Was it like, did it ever feel weird to you? Because Miami is a vacation place regardless, right, regardless, But now they vacationing and they all got your number. Was there ever an insince where like some East Coast dudes was out here and some West Coast dudes text you and say, hey, I mean I know the text wasn't back then, you know what I'm saying to you all or whatever.
Speaker 2: The brick phone, yeah, the brickphone, the rail trap phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah. DJ Kelly was selling.
Speaker 4: So was you ever like put in a weird space because you do.
Speaker 2: Miami is a new tube place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean no, I mean what we always told dudes when they would come down here and look at man, you come down here, lead the beef ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And so it was we was on that if you come down, you know, leave your issues, you know, outside of that, because we don't need that kind of heat down here. You know, we didn't want no, you know, the police and all that coming in all right, hey, but we didn't want no the hip hop police down here.
Speaker 2: Wen't need none of that kind of ship.
Speaker 1: So you know, you know, me working with the police and like, we need that kind of heat. Like hey, look, no, you allt got to worry about that because when they had that high, can they be downh was gonna get crazy and know that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, don't come down there.
Speaker 3: With the shoot up, Heavy was there was a shootout. Was Heavy was involved? Like he wasn't shooting, but he was there.
Speaker 4: Now, in your opinion, you both knowing Poc and Big, there's very few people right who know Pock and Big this.
Speaker 2: There's people who know Poc great and.
Speaker 4: The people who know Big a little bit, right, people who know Big a lot, people who know Pop a little bit. But you know them, both of them, right. Do you think they could have ever squashed that? Like, oh no, yeah, that would have been I.
Speaker 1: Mean on the People Show when Pop got out of jail, I interviewed Pop, then I went and interview Biggie, and then through the interview and process of it, it was more like I was interviewing them, but I was like, niggas, chill the fuck out.
Speaker 2: Wow, So it was more.
Speaker 1: Of me having a conversation with them about chill the fuck out. You two motherfuckers need to make money. This ship is about money. Y'all taking this to the fucking extreme because you know, I was a saint Louis doing a show with Big and Big out there. You know, motherfuckers they wanted the disc pop on stage and.
Speaker 2: They were boring.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm sitting up there like, you know, I'm like, okay, you know, the mediator of the whole ship, like and Big wasn't this So then I when I interviewed, Uh, when I interviewed pop Pop was just going crazy, you know, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, fuck this girl and did this and and did that and all this, And I'm like, so when I interview over, look at man, you need to chill the funk out, you know what I'm saying. You know, so many of them had that. You know, we could talk because I know him before he linked up with you know, with the Death Row dudes. I knew him when he was with the Underground, you know, so I know this young dude, he you know, on some black power ship. You know, I know where he come from. So you know, you ain't on what you you know, I'm like, what you changed?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. If you're on that you know, on that black man ship, which you which is I know how that's how you raised. You're always on that you ain't on no do nothing the other black man. So, you know, we had that conversation and you know, I want to go interview Biggie. Big wouldn't say one word about him. Yeah, Big wouldn't talk Big. You know, Big wouldn't say nothing. It was like na, na, no, you know, he just kept it like uh, kept it like really one hundred. So it was it was they were if they were gonna talk, you know, after me, after I had that conversation with both of them, you know, they were gonna talk.
Speaker 2: And then for some reason, ship happened. You knew pop pre Death Row? Yeah, and then what's that after? Right? Very which which park you related to more before? Before Death Row? Underground. It's almost like it's almost like two different people, two different people's. Man, I can relate. I'm a Gemini, Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's almost like, uh, you know, a young dude, you know, hanging out with with.
Speaker 2: A crew of people. Then you conform into that crew. You know.
Speaker 1: That's why always, you know, when I'm working with kids, I tell kids, don't be no follower.
Speaker 2: You know, in the back of my mind, I'm thinking about.
Speaker 1: You know, them soldiers who did like you know, what I'm saying, you gotta be.
Speaker 2: Your own man.
Speaker 1: You can't get caught up and you know, the ship somebody else trying to do.
Speaker 2: You think Park was following though in that sense, you don't think.
Speaker 3: I think he had a plan to get out of that situation or change the trajectory of what he was trying to do.
Speaker 2: That's what everybody says, at least, well, when you.
Speaker 1: When you when you when you're on on some real black man ship.
Speaker 2: Like Brenda got a baby, and then you go over here. Not that exactly Brenda, but I mean he was deep. He was deep.
Speaker 1: He was on some real black man shit, you know, black powered black like this. He was on some deep black man And then so now you get linked up with this crew on that on some different ship, then you conform to be like that. You feel me, So I knew him before that. You know, this young man was just trying to get on, trying to get this music here, trying to do the right thing.
Speaker 2: I'm on some black man shit. He was more.
Speaker 1: He was more deeper than than public enemy than public enemy on that black man ship. So then when you go and you linked with this crew here, then you kind of conform to that, and then now you got a.
Speaker 4: Whole crew and you had already had beef for death Row, so you knew what type of mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it was, you know it was you know, it was like on some you know, we tough guy ship.
Speaker 2: So then now you.
Speaker 1: Got this young guy that's really you know, just searching for a family bringing in and before you know it, he conformed into you know, it's like, uh, become a product of your environment.
Speaker 2: So he became a product of that environment. God damn that. It makes a noise. Before we move on to that. You ever hung out with Pun as well? Big Pun?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how was it hanging out with fun Pun? Of Joe?
Speaker 1: I remember, you know when I first met Joe, you know, I went to the went to the fucking club and uh.
Speaker 2: The Puerto Rican club story, let's get to it.
Speaker 1: So I go to club and hang out with Joe and Budd and Joe beat the ship out some mother the club. This motherfucker is some motherfucker, and I'm like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 2: Right? But but after that, I.
Speaker 1: Mean we end up doing on together with a Pun and and Uh and some of the other guys in the group.
Speaker 4: Now, now Louke, you put on practically the whole Miami.
Speaker 2: If they from Miami and they are.
Speaker 4: Artists, they either got put on through you or they got put on through a protege a at you.
Speaker 2: Like, how does that like? Because what was it? Trick Daddy, trick scard, he's on scars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got trick, came out of jail and he was staying with me.
Speaker 2: And how did you discover out there in the streets running hard? Yeah? I discovered it. I have my own idea because I have a story. Because my story. We have something called drunk facts. Here.
Speaker 3: Drunk facts means that were off by either a year or a day or a name. This is not drunk facts. I have an artist named Garcia, and we did we did what was the what was the club? Remember that club on South Beach Zen? Remember Zen? I actually did the first hip hop party there. It took me three months to convince the Turkish dudes to do it. So they did a freestyle battle and my artist battle Pit and my artist one against Pitt. But I, in my mind, you was in the background and you was like, Pit's the one. Did you discover him there? Or am I completely did that? Drunk facts. No up. The good thing about drunk facts.
Speaker 4: You could be like, that's drunk facts, and it means that's right drunk fast.
Speaker 3: Remember remember when Pitt had the cord brazen, he was rapping like dragon Pipbull comes up.
Speaker 1: What I mean? I was chilling at the crib, you know, and I looked at the I looked at you.
Speaker 4: Know, because I know, hold on because when Miami people say crib, y'all mean two things. I noticed that you mean you also mean the city. Oh the city, also mean the city. So you're talking about the city the house because you know Miami, like you have the crib. I'm like, all right, cool, I was kidding your house.
Speaker 2: Like the city.
Speaker 3: They say they mean the city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my crib at your I've been confusing for years. That's why I was confused.
Speaker 4: Just now, I was like, yeah, you cribhouse till that down.
Speaker 1: So I mean, you know again, I just did this song with you know, with Pun and all them you know and everything. So I'm like, okay, you know, you know New York got Puerto Rican rapper Fat Joe and Big Pun and all that, right, So I'm like, I'm from Miami. I won't be complete if I don't find a Cuban rapper, you know what I'm saying. So I didn say Okay. Then at the same time, I'm looking at the fucking census and the censor says, you know, Latinos all the predominant race, and a I'm like, ship, I gotta give me a you know what I'm saying, so, you know, me being the executive. But then I'm like still saying, I won't be complete if I don't find a Cuban artist somebody, because so many Cubans like my music and they you know, you feel me. So I'm like, I need to do that. That that will make Luke Records complete. Yeah. So, so I ended up going on this man's search looking for him and and uh.
Speaker 2: They brought me a Sauce battle tape.
Speaker 1: You know, they were like, they showed me a source battle tape of this guy on there rapping. I was like, it was like this one from I was like, I want the motherfucker that's not for Miami.
Speaker 2: I want you know, he's a Cuban.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: From So then when I looked at I liked them. Now. I was like, okay, well, you know, go find him and brought him the Lollipop song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they brought him to the UH, to the UH, the studio, to the office, and then you know, I'm on that vibe, Like I have a guy hang out with me for like a month before I really sign him up because I got to know that Number one, you original, We ain't doing no studios. Get down with that. You original, You write your own ship, and you got good vibes.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You understand the game. So it was a real woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we got shot out.
Speaker 2: Big Teacher as well. That's fan Big Teachers Big. Now.
Speaker 4: Krick Daddy is like one of the most phenomenal UH personalities hip hop. Yea, like his no filter. It seems like like he could just get on. He literally spit on his computer.
Speaker 2: The other day. I don't know if you guys see that. It's crazy and he's authentic. But he's authentic.
Speaker 4: And his did you notice that with Trick because you know he makes great music, We already know that, but he's like, but personality sometimes with transcends the person I.
Speaker 2: Mean that that that's he.
Speaker 1: As a record executive producer, I always look for authentic Shiit like if you listen to Age Town, the guy has an authentic voice. You know what I'm saying that if you hear Trick talking outside in the bushes and not knowing who out there, you'll know that's him. You know, all my artists had all j C money, All of them had that. That was my thing. You know that I would do what I would be looking for in an artist. But trick story was similar to the story that you thought was would Pitt.
Speaker 2: Trick was in.
Speaker 1: I had a a battle contest, like a seven week battle whoever last the longest and when I'm gonna sign them up to Loot Records.
Speaker 2: And so that's Trick ended up winning the contest.
Speaker 1: You know, he battled, battled one guy, you know, this kid named Red, beat him, put him on the record before you know it in the story. But I mean his whole thing was you know again you got vibe with me. I'm we're riding. Take you on the road, which is the same thing I did to Pick Definitely, you know, I take him on the road with me and and put the ass out on stage and you know, throw them in the fire. You know, hates wonderful. You know you ain't going studio. Let's I hate your ass. You know, that's why they call it. You know you're here pit talk, my old y'all. I went to the Loop School of hard Knocks. Yeah yeah, So I mean I gotta trip to.
Speaker 2: Chase like you were like when you're in college, like you pay your dues. Basically, you gotta do put the water in the socks and ship. You gotta go some ship. You gotta go through some ship.
Speaker 1: You know you got.
Speaker 2: I'll be on the radio.
Speaker 1: I do a radio interview and be like, yo, bring to the city, bring the best rapper in town.
Speaker 2: If you if you our.
Speaker 1: Battle of this month, I'm kicking his hands on the bus. Wow, it's not serious.
Speaker 2: It's not just artists.
Speaker 3: Keep in mind, like he helped Calid too, because Calor was on Mixed ninety six.
Speaker 2: But you know, like he said before.
Speaker 3: We underground radio stage, Yeah, Mix six, I was on ninety four point seven. We were right under Mix ninety six at one point in the same building. But we didn't have like a straight up hip hop show in Miami. And he had his show on nine nine Jams, and you brought Calid. If I'm wrong telling me, you start doing started.
Speaker 2: From so basically I'm just like, why why isn't I'm here Luca see me though, But.
Speaker 3: You got to give him also credit for caleg as will. He definitely helped.
Speaker 4: Caulet, Like is there an artist that ever got to a certain place and like he was disappointed in though the way just in the in the and there, like man, I thought he would have kept it real. I thought he would have kept in contact with me. I thought he was you know, like any type of disappointment.
Speaker 2: Like well, you know when.
Speaker 1: I when I listened to cal It talk, he'd never made mention of the show what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: He never made I mean, we know it in Miami, don't know it in Miami.
Speaker 1: But if you ever if you ever listened to any interview that he's but did he never make mention of any of that?
Speaker 2: That should exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know him being on the underground and you know what I mean here and this again it's a it's a discovery thing. I mean, this guy is true, by the way, this this this this energetic guy.
Speaker 4: On the radio because he was originally from Orlando, or wasn't he from Orleans?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was it was all over the place trying to find it. And you heard him on the underground radio station.
Speaker 1: I heard him on there, and then you know, you know, I wanted to see you know, this this kid on the radio.
Speaker 2: You know, I wanted to see what he looked like. And I vibing again.
Speaker 1: So I would go to a mad house, you know, they had the Mad House party and I was, you know, just chilling there with Joey and check him out.
Speaker 2: And then before you know.
Speaker 1: It, when I did the show. Because Miami never had a mixed shore. Yeah, so when uh, you know, Cuentral Hollywood came down for Orlando to take over the radio your station, I was like, we need to do a mix show, and he was like, well you do it.
Speaker 2: What years is by the way, just so we can ship. I forgot like ninety seven problems.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I wanted to have a combination of everything.
Speaker 2: This kid spinning you.
Speaker 1: Know, hip hop, then Uncle Alice spinning Miami, Papa Keith and soul syding kids spinning you.
Speaker 2: Know, reggae.
Speaker 1: And then I would have DJ Iry come in and spend pop every now and then.
Speaker 2: So all these all these guys, damn, let's take some want to finish. Yeah, it's just crazy. Blew my mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, this is my way of putting them on.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So I did the Luke Show on the radio every Friday. It would come on ninety nine Jams and it was a big show. Yeah, motherfuckers used to line up around the corner you know, the station, you know, because I you know, I played on people mind, which you know, which was not hard to do because they already know I could bitch his naked if I said, oh yeah, we live in the studio, every right naked and fucking it was right now getting this out, you know, and so everybody would beleeve that, you know. So you know, all those guys were personalities, and and they were different personalities. So I would, you know, the guys at nine and Jams, they wanted me to fire call it. So many times it was like he's too loud, he's to this, he's too that, you know, and and I would I would actually they would be like fire him, and then I say, fuck it, I ain't doing the show this.
Speaker 2: So it'd be like, okay, well we want.
Speaker 1: You, so we got to keep it, you know, And and then I would amp him up, you know, like he would be this, Oh I'm the baddest DJ.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 1: So I would be like, yo, you're the best DJ. Yeah, I'm the bast DJ in mine. Oh so everybody else is bullshit? Oh yeah, yeah yeah, And so you know he would I would.
Speaker 2: Push him into ship.
Speaker 1: That I well, I really when when I really met him. When the first time I met him, you know, it's on one of my peep shows. It was he was with Fat Joe. He came to a party. We had the super Bowl party and this young dude, you know, Arab guy, he's selling fucking hot phones.
Speaker 2: You know, that was my first kind of with him.
Speaker 1: He got the hot phone.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm like.
Speaker 3: And I think his mom at the time was Palistinian terrorists dropping bombs.
Speaker 4: That's big up to Uncle Luke for talking about MC colleague had bootleg phones.
Speaker 2: This is a college. You got booths, Del's and all that ship now and you'll will wait for you a bit more.
Speaker 1: Chaps.
Speaker 5: Listen, motherfucker. We know you when you have bootleg phones. Come ongg. I know you do, he show, but you know, at the end of the day, you're proud of him. I'm proud of.
Speaker 4: Because you know a lot of listeners can't see. But I looked at your face. There's no hate, no disappointment. Don't hate. No, he's like, you know what I'm saying, Like I could be I could be disappointed.
Speaker 2: Doesn't mean I hate right now, I know.
Speaker 1: I love what he's doing. I love the fact that you know that he's I knew he was gonna be Yeah, yeah, is crazy. You can put him in the room and he'll make He'll make fucking anything out of something, you know, because he's just that creative, you know what I'm saying. So I like what he's doing. Happy you know to see that. Okay, this young kid who is selling bootleg phones is on the damn TV.
Speaker 2: So I said, down, beout.
Speaker 1: You know you're doing You're doing commercials and ship right now. You know.
Speaker 2: But it's a good thing.
Speaker 1: But you know, the story should be told and I'm.
Speaker 2: Just that makes you great.
Speaker 1: You you have to you have to let young people know that I ain't just start up here. I came from here. This is the road, this is the path that I took, so you can actually do the same thing exactly. You You give people, you know, you get people, you know, hope in their mind that they could do things like Chris.
Speaker 2: Shiddy Chris, like he used to always tell me.
Speaker 4: He used to be like I would complain about something like he was like, I got this flight, you'll go pick up fucking fifteen eighteen.
Speaker 2: Thousand, Like, yo, they ain't have first class.
Speaker 4: He's to be like I used to hold kick a prieze Crates, I mean our kid in plays Crates. Go in there and get your bucket and like it's like remembering your beginning. It makes you better, makes you better, it makes you better.
Speaker 2: So I want it.
Speaker 4: But that's the only like person that you ever like felt this disappointed at like a little bit. That's like, that's just a little bit. I mean I can see look at your face, you ain't hating at all. I can tell you that he was one most of the artists.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Cool, you know I was a little disappointed with two Live crew.
Speaker 2: A little disappointed with a.
Speaker 4: Reunion will be when you're in twenty fourteen and Club Live correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I thought you I was back to from there. They I mean, those guys are really I.
Speaker 3: Talked to Bob all the times, like, yo, bb, we need to have them all together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't know what the fuck is doing. I love BB. I raised BB, but I think BB is taking you know, I don't know, I don't know. I was trying to you know, my man too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love BB to death. That's his son. But exactly, but BB taking that money from over there, that's like taking money from Hilo.
Speaker 2: Whoa in my opinion, from overwhere, from well, the.
Speaker 1: Little Joe guy.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I'm saying. You don't You don't know about Little Joe. Yeah, you don't know that. That's that's that's going back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, BB, you know, you know being here, you know, I'm like, if.
Speaker 2: You're that desperate, you can So Little Joe's still involved, Yeah, yeah, yeah, those guys signed up them.
Speaker 1: Oh ship, all those guys, all those guys had have tried to go bankruptcy, and then he went and bought them in bankruptcy. He owns all of them. So they can't do a reunion without going through him, asking him, and so for BB to be working for them, it's straight.
Speaker 3: Bull because he don't understand and the listeners ain't understand Little Joe was they the distributors originally of no directly, not at all, So how do.
Speaker 2: They how do they own anything? Well, in my opinion, he stole the catalog. That's he out right by it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, wow. But for BB to be working for them, you know, that's not cool at all.
Speaker 4: I had no idea. So it's no beef with them, It's just beef with the.
Speaker 2: Guy that that well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, when you let some guy could control you, I mean, it don't matter with me. I mean I'm twenty years not doing shows with them. I mean they you know, if you a nigga had let him mouth control you, you used to put the ass nigga as simple as that.
Speaker 2: You know, I let some dude who don't matter.
Speaker 1: Control the old dude over there.
Speaker 2: Late.
Speaker 1: But come, no, no, it's a little this big here.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So if you got dudes that control you like that to the point where they tell you you can't, you know, go and do something for your fans and all that.
Speaker 2: That's the whole other movie. Wow.
Speaker 4: It took a weird disappointed right now, man, because when I was when I when when you know people were requiring because at first, you know, they started saying two live crew, and then I guess people, you know, we only been doing this five months right six we're going to going to just six months we got the number one podcast that makes a noise for us. I started to notice like that when the fans knew, the fans is like, no, just go with Uncle, just get Uncle, because it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: The reunion is not gonna happen. I had no we tried. We actually had aspirations of getting all y'all together. Oh yeah, and then yeah, that didn't happen. We're never gone. That's all. I mean.
Speaker 1: That's a whole movie in itself.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, the dudes are good dudes.
Speaker 1: But again, when when you're own by this guy, when this guy paying all your bulls and shit and he got your handcuffed and you're almost like a slave in my opinion, you know, they pretty much got to do it, dude, they do.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Now, this is a problem that I've had in the past, and what I mean by that is I don't kind of like the respect of these young artists. I've been out since nineteen thirty seven and there's been a couple of artists and just sample my records and they'll clear it through the proper things, or they won't clear it through the call you Harry, you know here, are know what I'm going thro because now I'm considered.
Speaker 2: Like an og liked now.
Speaker 4: And the thing about it is if I touched, you know, a Curtis Blow record, or I touched like we come from the arrow, I'll call you a listen. I'm doing this over. I'm sampling it because we all have the same nature. Right nowadays, motherfuckers are just taking her record, loop it, put it on iTunes, and by the time, even if you have a problem with it, it's like so big it makes you. It makes you look like, oh, you're mad because the record is a sussessed No, I'm mad because the proper respect wasn't handled to me right, you know what I'm saying, Like, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't even care about the finances. I just care about like if I made a record, like I got a record call. Sometimes it's about my father record.
Speaker 4: He died, so it's about putting it and my father and I literally made that record crying.
Speaker 2: And some of these artists take this record and.
Speaker 4: Be like sometimes I want and they changed the whole concept.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I want to suck the bitch. Are you mad at every artist?
Speaker 4: Or you'm mad young kid in his room redoing it. Yeah, I'm mad at him too without calling me, because I don't call you.
Speaker 2: Know, I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's a certain way because certain records, certain records mean too much to me to let you fuck with it.
Speaker 2: Like if I don't know you, like, I might not let you. You could be you could be a dude I met before, So you won't take it. It's paying homage to you. If it's not, it's not paying homage.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's not like what Drake just did with a canelly ship.
Speaker 2: I believe that that was paying.
Speaker 3: But that's a different level. The kid in his room that's wrapping over your beat, but he needs to learn.
Speaker 2: Though. Don't get ahold of you though Twitter everybody. But the thing is this, The thing is this. People need to learn. People need to.
Speaker 4: Learn that there was a there was a world that existed before you.
Speaker 2: If we just allow a person to just come and just do some too.
Speaker 4: Loud crul ship and a nigga say like he said, he said me so harmed and they think they invented that. That shit is a problem with history. It's no future. I feel like people, I feel like I feel like like, we ain't trying to sue you artists, We ain't trying to but just come.
Speaker 2: Holler at me. Get the proper respect. So I ain't never got to say something courtesies what you know what I'm saying, I ain't never got to say something slick. But how do you feel about that? Because we went in and we were going down.
Speaker 1: I mean, I clearly understand what you mean.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You know when you know when the.
Speaker 4: Guys did pop that song, Okay, totally forgot.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, motherfucker's hed pop that never called me up. You don't actually called me to.
Speaker 2: Do a video.
Speaker 1: But they never a video. They never let me hear the song. It was like, Yo, we're doing the video. We want you to come and be in the video. I was like, what's song you being?
Speaker 2: What's on you?
Speaker 1: They never let me hear the song. It was like, come be in the video. We you know a song. It's a big.
Speaker 2: Secret, you know.
Speaker 1: So I don't know whether it was a surprising thing. Okay, you know, I never got deep into the conversation. Yeah, but it's the same thing. Nobody never really called up and said, Yo, Luke, we're gonna do uh, you know, we're gonna take your voice and put your voice on this song and gonna put this ship out. So you know, so I said something about it, you know, down those lines, and then it became, you know, almost.
Speaker 4: Like you look like the old old hater when you're a young man. You're in the young man's game. Young man showed me.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: But and and so I clearly understand what you what you what you mean by that? I mean, but a lot of these guys just don't know their history, and they you know, if they sit back for one second and say, okay, if I'm making here records, then if I'm gonna be in the game for this amount of time, there's gonna be some more young guys after after me. Do I How would I feel if they take my ship and start rapping my ship? Because yea, it's gonna get old, keep living, it's having you are going to get you.
Speaker 2: You are going to.
Speaker 1: Get old in the game and a young motherfucker's gonna come and they gonna take your ship. How would you feel when they take your song and start, you know, rapping and using your making ship?
Speaker 2: There's different.
Speaker 4: Official the artist just did my record seeing him in MTV and he gave me up.
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 2: I wanted to kill this nigga.
Speaker 4: But we was in MTV offices and people called me that because he was coming up.
Speaker 2: He ain't popping no more off. I won't say his name. So he was coming up. It's dream say his name. No, no, no, no, no, it's cool.
Speaker 4: It's cool. It's cool because he's over. If he was bobbing, I was saying his name, but you know, over that nigga. And when I seen him, when I realized he he not only he didn't even recognize me. So youre just doing records. There's no respect to that. I can't respect that.
Speaker 2: Now. I'm not a hater. I'm not fucked up. You know what I'm saying. I'm okay.
Speaker 4: But at the same token, I was raised with respect. My mom's told me to pull out a care for a woman. My moms told me to hold the door, my moms told my moms told me man, so.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: But that's why he ain't in the business right now.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: The guys, when you really think about it, the guys who are still in the business right now, the ones who have longevity, they have some sense of the history of the one hit wonders. They go and they come all day because they don't understand the history, and they ain't trying to learn the history. You know, if you know the history, you'll be around. I mean, Jay has been around one hundred years and still making here records hundred I mean you know all those guys, I mean Wayne and all them, do you have to know the history. If you don't know the history, and you sitting there and when you make a statement like that, everybody old man, he tripping and all that. No, no, no, you don't pay homage like that. You'll be in this business and out real.
Speaker 2: But y'all talking to you specifically? Are you talking about two different things?
Speaker 3: There's the artist that puts out a single and he just Jack's beat and takes the record and puts out officially because I'm a mixtape DJ. So I'm I'm saying, there's the kid that anybody you could be.
Speaker 2: You run on other people's beats on my mixtape. It's not the same thing.
Speaker 6: Freestyle are you talking about? We need to define that about redo your record? That's crazy, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I have no problem with.
Speaker 4: A person freestyle and when you take my ship, throw it out, sell it, make a profit.
Speaker 2: For me like it ain't. And the thing about it is like money ain't everything.
Speaker 4: So most people could come back and offer you some running and it's like damn.
Speaker 2: Knowing that you don't. Maybe you don't own that beat because of whatever.
Speaker 3: But you ship, they owe you as an individual, as an artist, they should pay homage to you.
Speaker 2: That's what My ship was worse than that.
Speaker 1: My ship was more like the first one. When I really heard about what it was, it was a fucking ad Lou Uncle Luke uh uh Rick Ross and French Montana. I ain't know who the fuck French Montana? And the fun is French.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: A song? You know?
Speaker 1: I heard song like this motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Song hot, Who the fucking French Montega?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Jonas made the nigga my song, So you know, man, you know, but I you know again, you know that that you know, people blew it up man at French Montana. Ain't ready to get this motherfucker. I'm like, nah, yeah, we ended up doing the show for me to awards and all that.
Speaker 4: You just did a show recently with d m X and ONYX and my manager was out there.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm performing. I have to tell them to stop. Yeah, I love performing. You love perform I love Yeah. It's like a hobby to me, not going you know, and and you know I don't do that kind of music while I just walking downstage smoking joint and and be strippers. What you on? No, we are regular dances. Excuse me?
Speaker 4: Different when they graduated scrippers now I know, no dancing. When they graduated dances, it's all out as scrippers and they end up as dances.
Speaker 2: How how does it go? They thought I was none. They just start out strippers since nowadays, but got sophisticated dances. Yeah, strippers dance. Let's make We're not ending.
Speaker 4: But I just want to thank you admitted interview, because you know why, I single hand the least scenk.
Speaker 2: That you know. Oh my god, what cause Santiago my last name? I'm sorry, I just saw that.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, just throwing it out there, but I single handedly see you hold Miami down. When Miami had problems with anybody, you stepped up. You wasn't you wasn't holding your tongue. You you you shape and mold what Miami is now. And I have to thank you as a person that now lives in Miami, born and raised in New York, but this is my second home. I've been out here, this is where the show is being taped. And we wanted it personally. I was gonna say, but we wanted to personally and just invite you here and let you know that this is your home.
Speaker 2: We got got one point two million people listening to us. I'm like two people. I was gonna say, like two or three people listen. We so we're at the crib. At the crib. We at the crib the type of the way they.
Speaker 4: Want to use it, and we want you to know that you can come here all the time. But continuing moving on, where do you see Miami going to as far as the music scene goes?
Speaker 2: What's as far as far as the music scene?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know it's it's it's tough around here because radio stations don't support the local artists. You know what I'm saying. Uh, the underground and as power for is it as it was as it used to be? You know, you got you know what I mean. The DJ's on South Beach, you know, no disrespecting none of them. They ain't really playing no Miami music, you know. So so at the same time, you know, you got clubs running. It's a totally different scene.
Speaker 2: You know. If you you know, like I'm I'm out, you.
Speaker 1: Know, in the hood all the time, you know, at the parks and everything, and the DJ's play totally different music. Then what you is, it's it's the same thing, you know, like when I was when I came up. You know, the difference is I was able to take you know, songs like Peter Butter and Jelly in because I was nationally known.
Speaker 2: I put it out.
Speaker 1: They become nationally known, you know, in that same beat that's going on around here. So you don't have the record companies in Miami that may have.
Speaker 2: A national appeal.
Speaker 1: They're not going to get those artists and put them on and let people hear real Miami music. You know, I could be doing I could be selling platinum Ahtown R and B album, But then I'll go find a treat daddy and he'll be spitting Miami slain you feel me, and he'll do it song in Then through me, I'm introducing the rest of the world to you. You don't have these artists you know that.
Speaker 2: From here doing that. You know, that's what the dudes who on they ain't doing it.
Speaker 1: And then Miami does not have a sound anymore because everybody that's the biggest problem. And I tell a lot of these young dudes, you know, whether you like it or not, we have boom chat, boom chat, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We had that was Miami.
Speaker 1: And then we had our slain because to me, hip hop is slain.
Speaker 2: You know what these niggas, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like you lost when you said the Koreban, you know red Man lost when he said what's up?
Speaker 2: Dog?
Speaker 1: And you will be like what these niggas talking about cousin blood and all that ship. So then you heard slag through the music right now, you know the artists that are coming out of Miami, you don't hear Miami slang.
Speaker 3: What did you think about Mother Superior? Because I'm I'm that's the era I'm from. I'm with that group. What did you think about her?
Speaker 2: Do you remember she wasn't getting You ain't give a funk, Let's keep it. I don't get shot shot. That's my whole.
Speaker 3: They called it the liverally, the female nas and she was from Miami.
Speaker 2: She rerapped Miami. She was just on some lyrical ship. Look at look.
Speaker 1: But we.
Speaker 3: Got mad at her when she moved to New York, when she got her deal with Island, right.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean again, when you the question becomes and I try and tell these young dudes around here, you can't.
Speaker 2: You got to have a sound.
Speaker 1: Atlanta got a sound, New York got a sound, California sound, and right now Miami don't have a sound anymore. On top of it, you ain't got guys putting guys on.
Speaker 2: So everybody trying to sound like fucking Atlanta, you know.
Speaker 1: And and when you you know, nothing you saying lyrically ain't really you know, I don't understand what you're saying because I'm with kids every day, you know, I coach high school football. So I'm driving them home and they having a whole conversation. I'm really I'm hearing the conversation, and their slang is totally different. You know what I'm saying. They call a fat girl a pepper, you know, So again, you know, so just you going like that, you know when when when I'm doing records, that'll be a whole song you know, the girls to be peppers, you know that in the lyrical content of a song. And then you would get the song in Chicago at Atlanta and you know what, you know what the what the is the this thigga keeps saying.
Speaker 4: It's like like y'all always like at the whole world. My son, my son comes in the other day and he's calling his little brothers a jet and I'm like.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Then I come around these guys and they start using it, and I'm like, I have to be cared, Like, what the is my son call them?
Speaker 2: Like they just called him a younger dude. But like, and to me and to me.
Speaker 1: That's always been hip hop. It was it was the ghetto blues, you know what you're.
Speaker 2: Talking about over here? You know when Big was making the songs.
Speaker 1: Oh ship, you know what I'm saying, all right, the dudes in Atlanta making their song Okay, Oh that's you know. So it was more intriguing as to what they're vibing and what they're talking about, as well as the slain on top of it. So now when you have the guys coming from Miami or from Miami, but.
Speaker 2: You sound like pop, that ain't Miami.
Speaker 1: So technically, I'm like, it's not no Miami artists.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: When when when when Trick they say, you don't know, now, nigga, you know what I'm saying, that's the Miami ship.
Speaker 3: So Trick is like the jay Z of Miami because he's lyrical and people don't give him that credit, but he's literal Miami.
Speaker 2: Loss will be the jay Z.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm telling you before that it's Trick.
Speaker 2: Trick is the jay Z in Miami. He's literally us.
Speaker 1: So nobody is connecting with Miami. You know what I'm saying, None of the none of the artists, because he's artists. These young guys are really lost. I mean like, I'll go to the radio station, the fucking go in on the PD and the m D white, you ain't playing the music from Miami, and they'll be like, their business ain't right, Luke, their business ain't right, you know, And then I business and then they'll be like and then I listen to a song, you know, because they everybody get mad. Luke man, you you need to go and step down on these motherfuckers. When I go in there, then I listen sh like the fuck.
Speaker 2: Is this the ship that they have? Okay?
Speaker 1: You know what, and they'll be like, yo, this these are the songs right here. I'd be like, this, ain't no fucking Miami song. These motherfucker's trying to sound like another motherfucker on the same beat, you know what I'm saying. So I'm really yeah, yeah, I'm fucked up when it when it comes to music, I'm real real, ain't. I don't like studios. I go in there. My tension span is real short. Ship ain't right. I ain't fucking with it, you know. So when I hear it in the first one minute, I'd be like, y'all, y'all motherfuckers trying to sound like somebody else. Start sounded like Miami. You know, a lot of a lot of a lot of music.
Speaker 2: Ain't like that. You got a couple of young guys.
Speaker 1: Around here that Curry is dope from from You got a couple back too. Yeah, when you hear when you hear dudes spitting, you know, Miami slain and it's more to slag than anything. And they ain't delivering like some guy from Atlanta.
Speaker 2: It's the same. It's the neighborhood, the look and it's it's all. It's the funny.
Speaker 1: I mean, when when I put out portsy Clan, you know, which is the first Southern you know, God, Southern w A.
Speaker 2: That's a Southern w A, a hardcore group. Well after spots all Night, yeah.
Speaker 1: They got you know, they got a shake what your mama gave you. But then the next song.
Speaker 2: They had a longer court ass record.
Speaker 1: You know one you know what I'm saying. So de Montherfuler's got lyrics, so you can't do it. You know, with the sound they used to sound, it slowed it down, you know, it's the same beat, but then they sped it up whenever they need to speed it up.
Speaker 2: But these dudes want to get away.
Speaker 3: But you did see the value in society as well, which when he finally came out, I know, he came through New York. He did rep Miami and then and even the dudes from Home Team, I mean from Poison Clan did Home Team, which they didn't sound necessarily Miami. But for us, the cats that were into that, we were like, they're in Miami.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're ripping the South, the Miami. They were from New York.
Speaker 1: But then they repped with the beat, right, I mean J T Money was in that right, right. You know what I'm saying. He was the Miami guy that was in the group and then he left out. Then we did a solo.
Speaker 3: App because a kid like me, I was like, I'm going to a party and based music is a part of my life.
Speaker 2: Reggae music is a part of my life.
Speaker 3: But I'm a hip hop kid too, So I'm looking at Home Team, Society, Mother Superior. At least they speak in my language in Miami, right, And that's what I was looking for, right right, I like the Miami connect.
Speaker 2: I have different periods of hip hop.
Speaker 4: Was my my my, I'm gonna tell you my favorite year in hip hop had to be nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 2: What what? What? What was your favorite year? Like? If you had the pillow point one year ship, I don't know how, I mean, so many.
Speaker 1: Years, all of them is so, I mean, so just give me one.
Speaker 2: I had all kind of crazy years.
Speaker 4: You have, you gont get to that.
Speaker 2: Don't get to that. But let's get to your favorite year. First favorite year. I don't I don't know, maybe I don't know name nine or.
Speaker 4: Something about year after damn it?
Speaker 2: So how many orgies.
Speaker 1: Have you had, like if you could count? You said, this was the family show.
Speaker 2: No, I was like, we call the drink you know what.
Speaker 1: Orgies? Oh? Man, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You can't come. So how did how did like are you a warning niggas? That's what's going on? Like? How did you start thinking? I just have mad business around me?
Speaker 1: I got my title from a T. K. Kurculum, a pussyologist. Three steps out in the gun and collar.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was hard. That's away that he takes her. You're not talking about the comedian. That's what I.
Speaker 4: Said, Luke. How many rappers came to you? And said, Luke gom Gona thak this Eddie to asked either right there, but if you didn't brother chicks, he was here right now, he asked.
Speaker 2: He's going to y'all, yeah, you should have had some girls. And I know, man up, he was trying. He's trying to. We're trying to. We're trying to get a barked.
Speaker 4: But most importantly, we wanted you to be comfortable with liquor because this is some hip hop.
Speaker 2: To some hip hop, and be comfortable around girls.
Speaker 7: You know, man, we don't know was married, like I don't want to be saying when I did you gotta take one.
Speaker 4: I'm mazy, right, I'm you've been married longer than me. But how did your wife ever look at your old videos and just look at you and.
Speaker 2: Discuss She don't be like so she don't bring it up exception.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I mean, my whole thing. I mean, back back in my wild days, he always was real, real, real picky with chicks, you know, so everybody always thought, okay, look all these girls.
Speaker 2: I was real, real, real picky.
Speaker 4: Like Trail right check, Trail was with you before Nelly, right, like you're down with your crew.
Speaker 2: Not nothing like that chick, pretty red Prey read at one point, I'm telling me I'm not. I know you read, and alright, hold on, I know, hold on, let me be clear, hold on the way I just said that gra.
Speaker 1: So so what and now you're going to get the same question asked you to you when you get on But now where's your video?
Speaker 4: You know, she did some ship that looked at me like for real. Now nowadays, look, the girls will go on Instagram. They will you know, be half naked whatever whatever they get all these followers and that's how people know who the bitches is in the town to funk with. When y'all was going out of town, how did y'all know where to find the bat because you brung your bitches with you from Miami like when y'all was on tour like that, or.
Speaker 1: I would bring my girls. I'll bring my girls down pick up girls in every city.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Let's make no noise for Luke being a real let me tell you something, but you have to get your hands dirty. You gotta get your hands meaning the bit the girl.
Speaker 2: In any anybody that was on there, and that means face down. Yeah, they would have to, you know, go through something.
Speaker 1: Moyad on them be looking at the mother because like okay, and you know the girls would actually the girls.
Speaker 2: Let's make some noise for for for look you you live.
Speaker 4: You lived every real nigga's life and what I mean by everywhere, what every real nigga would want to be in life.
Speaker 2: Meaning you did what you wanted to do, when you wanted to do it, how you wanted to do it. You fought the system, you won crazy, you got married, and now you're teaching kids. That's what every real gang. I'm just being honest.
Speaker 4: The only difference between you is some of the other gangsters, they become a preacher that they last, that they last life.
Speaker 2: It is the right way. So how did you get into teaching kids?
Speaker 1: How did that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: You know, well, I mean when I first got my check, I started my youth program.
Speaker 2: This is like first first check, first check.
Speaker 1: Wow. You know. Part of the check went to buy my mama house and uh and the other part of it went to start my youth program Liberty City out.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is like twenty six years you know, with with you know, with the program. For those that don't know, Liberty City is a very very real place.
Speaker 1: Continue yeah, yeah, I mean you know, and like I said, you know, we got some great kids that came out of the program.
Speaker 2: And did you go to Liberty City because you felt that they needed it the most? From now? Because I know you from the whole Miami, I know, like you could have went anywhere in the whole Miami. Yeah that's where you're from city. Yeah, cool, from Liberty City too, right, Check from Liberty City. I think we're check from down south. He's from the heights man, Yeah, down here. It goes all around. But from Carol City, Yeah, Carol City. Gun play from Karroll City, Marimont, Carol City. All right, Pitt Bull is from Holly, you know, not west Chester a little. I know what you're talking about. I'm wucking with you.
Speaker 4: So have any of your kids ever, like not your kids, not your physical kids, but you know, you coach, have they ever came to you and said, look, I'm trying to you.
Speaker 1: Know, get it popping.
Speaker 2: Can you hook me up? You coach Luke.
Speaker 1: If you call me Luca, uncle Luca, something of your ass to be rolling four hund of yards and.
Speaker 4: Now how many people because I seen especially I believe on MTV or something, they was naming all the kids that you know, made it from from your program.
Speaker 2: How proud of you that, mom, I'm very proud.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's that's the whole point of the program. You know, they go and save lives. You know, a lot of people talk about it, and you know, and they say, oh, I'm doing this, but tell you physically out there every day with them, you know, and you seeing the little ones to be grown people. You know, I walked through the airport, I see some of the kids, you know, war Pride, you know, what I'm saying that they worked. Now they're working, and they came through the program, you know, you know, and you see someone on the NFL, you know, you know tomorrow night, two of our kids would be starting running backs for Cleveland Browns in the Atlanta FL.
Speaker 2: You know, in his books, I know you talked about that. Back in the days, there was no leagues like that. No, it wasn't no lead. You basically helped create that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean because I was you know, I lived in the Liberty City, and because I was a good football player, I ended up going to Miami Beach playing for you know, the Optimists over there in Beach High.
Speaker 2: So I was, you know, that kid being on the bus every every every day coming.
Speaker 1: Home down the street right here, seventy ninth Street, eleven o'clock at night. So I was like, you know, if I would make two cents of my lunch money, I'll started program where kids don't have to, you know, go through that riding on the bus and getting on eleven o'clock at night. They can be able to go home and be able to get the proper education that they need. That's beautiful.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you little you just come across as a person. You don't use navigation in Miami.
Speaker 1: Navigation Yeah, Like, I ain't gonna lie like you just like you just look like you know the whole money every every now and then use it.
Speaker 2: Everybody in Miami too. Yeah. But you've seen this city literally built this up. You see, well you seen when cocaine came to this motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, cowboys all that you see that women would change, that's just been crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm still trying to That was back in the days. That ship was not the way it looked like. Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what it was. Crazy. I'm like, that's over time.
Speaker 1: You mother can still over town away.
Speaker 2: I'm still trying to figure it out. Don't get the word section this small for US Cubans. We were surprised about the Puerto Rican section for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when Wood was this small, all of a sudden, that motherfuckers this me. I'm like, okay, what part of old town did you? You know?
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: And then the Mosquitoes came. I'm like, yeah, motherfuckers, so old time and see you motherfucking mosquitoes.
Speaker 2: To get y'all, you, I said, let's go wrong, have drinks. It's like no. I was like, oh, ship, I don't know what it was a chick. I was like, I want to And then they's praying that motherfuckers sucking up people with that ship. I'm like, I'm like, hold on, where the fuck did this ship pop up? Man?
Speaker 1: You know you got wind Wood me in town all that ship was over time.
Speaker 4: Now Ross and Ross beginning the career, did you have anything to do with that? Because that was slipping slide correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ross was on slipping side. Then me and Ross did a record.
Speaker 1: After Ross did a dis a record on slide, he did a disc record, and then I did a record.
Speaker 2: With Ross and the slipper side. I thought you was dissing them too or.
Speaker 1: No, well not no. My song wasn't a this song, you know. I just thought he was a a hot a rapper. But he had a mixtape. He had a mixtape and he had did a you know, whole album and one of the records he had dissed them, you know on there and then I ended up listening to the mixtape. I lighted him as an artist, you know here man dirt bag. So both of them, yeah, I put him both on a record. You know, I was like, these two dudes are hot, this ship right here, So I ended up putting them on the record before he blew up.
Speaker 4: Now, everybody, like a lot of people, they say I run this town, or I'm the king, or I'm such and such, like you are really like the king of Miami. Like from families that praise you for helping their sons play football and get into certain things for football, and then from families that you've helped Because when you put on a rap up.
Speaker 2: DMX said this on our third interview. He said, when you put on a rapp up, you employ eight other motherfuckers. Yeah, like one rapper comes with eight other motherfuckers.
Speaker 4: So if you put on if you put on just three rappers, what's eight times three?
Speaker 2: That's twenty four people that you employed. Yeah, and I'm just talking about three.
Speaker 4: So you are like so revered, you so love, like you can walk around by yourself. Is that something you proud of? Because is that something you always thought that this is what you how you want to be or what I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't think it out. You know, I just know who my mom and my dad raised. You know what I'm saying, And I just did. I just did everything with common sense. And at the same time, I made sure that, you know, even how big I got, whether I was in Japan or China or wherever, France or Holland doing the show, that I would eventually end up back home, you know. And when the all opportunities came to be, you know, an executive in New York and LA get into the movie industry, I know I couldn't leave because I need to go back to Miami, you know, because you know, I always figured, hey, look there got to be some other loops coming after me.
Speaker 2: If I leave.
Speaker 1: Like every other dude, do you know they'll leave their own city after they blow up. Oh I'm going to the big lights. You know what I'm saying in Hollywood? Now, you just left the city. So I always looked at it from the standpoint you know, I really got to wrap my city and I got to put other people on and.
Speaker 2: I applaud you for that. Obama just recently had two meetings. He met with all the rappers and then he had a party. Can't invite me? Are you taking it in? Obama? I was saying, we can't say Obama, so you got office and he did he meet with niggas? Was in there with the.
Speaker 1: Keep was there for the t was there?
Speaker 4: He invited a whole bunch of niggas that I know. I committed a felony with as well, and he invited them.
Speaker 2: He didn't invite me. Yeah, this is the first I heard that.
Speaker 4: But have you ever been invited to the White House like n w A? W A had some fun up ship and then he went to w A. Yeah, I was just wondering.
Speaker 1: I don't know that would have been Bernie would have won out from Bernie.
Speaker 2: Bernie now went to politics. He's a politician, all right. Nelly tried to open the cloud on South Beach. They told him that happen. They shut him down. So now he's trying to run for mayor of not Miami, of South.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know that was a city by itself. So he said South Beach, South. I don't know many beaches, but he's said South Beach is I never knew that.
Speaker 1: I never knew that first, right, he said, I said, sure's the city.
Speaker 4: He says the city from other queens, so he might be getting But the fact is it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I think that Donald Trump, I don't feel bad now. You don't know that it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: But this is what I think.
Speaker 4: I think that that Donald Trump has set it up for people like you who have maybe a filtered past, but you have for such a bright future that uh.
Speaker 2: People that you can run for maya sat up for Donald Trump?
Speaker 1: Is that good?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm gonna make no way for.
Speaker 1: That, you know, I mean what I mean by that. What I mean by that is when I ran for mayor here right game in third Uh, I ran us my own money. You know what I'm saying the same things I do.
Speaker 2: Remember this that's long ago.
Speaker 1: I lived out the same thing you see Trump doing.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, it's it's almost like straight out of my playbook.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, basically keeping it real, you know, appealing to people who who feel like they left off.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Trump the way you sound, you sound like you know. I don't like Trump. I'm worried about Trump.
Speaker 1: No, Trump never ended up in my rap. I never glorified him. You know, most of the guys from New York glorifying Trump about.
Speaker 2: I don't worry about her? Was a rap song gone back as soon as he got.
Speaker 4: As soon as he got mother, he said, I'm I'm gonna suck with the white racist because those are the people that's gonna come out.
Speaker 2: Hung out with Trump. You know, back in the day, you know, he was a cool motherfucker. You give him a dirty I gotta give Trump a dirty man next time.
Speaker 1: He Actually, I thought I was the party I was with him. I was like, y'all trying to get something of me. Let me get the fun out of the now. Y'all got cameras in.
Speaker 2: This room here. Now.
Speaker 4: Trina, she's one of like Miami stables, like one of the first female artists. Sex symbol kind of took your your you know a format. How you feel about Trina?
Speaker 2: My girl?
Speaker 1: I mean that's that's that's one of the niece, you know what me and me and you know she when you hit a song on East your birthday and say, Trina is your birthday?
Speaker 2: That was her thought about that. Yeah, wow, Yeah, that was that was.
Speaker 1: You know, she used to hang out at the studio and all that I know her since she was real real young stepdad, mister wonderful on fifteen that's the store we used to hang out at. You know when I was a rough guy, you know, and she used to be the little girl running around you know all that. You know, that's when I was not a nice guy, and so I kind of squatched her girl up.
Speaker 4: So big up, Trina, Trina, trick Daddy, everybody from Miami.
Speaker 2: He's artists. We in Miami. We want to respect that. So looke, let me.
Speaker 4: Pretty much wrapping this up. You started like the sex the strip clubs. I had a party with you and soby Live the ship was turned the fuck out. I mean, this was years ago when Sobey Lives was open. But then my manager told me, it's like I said.
Speaker 2: You should have went to the one in the tunnel. I went to the one that know I did. I didn't go to your joint in the tunnel. I'm sorry. I might have been locked up at the time. I'm not sure what period, what what what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What year was this you taking?
Speaker 1: I did the tunnel man?
Speaker 2: That was a crazy I did?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 1: I was bard out of out of speed, no.
Speaker 2: Apolo? Oh you got who get bared from the polo? Hold off? You got bard from the ball? I just did the other day.
Speaker 1: Second five rules came in.
Speaker 2: From cool because yeah, yeah, shaking that she was.
Speaker 1: Mother girlfriends stabbed the boyfriend and the show on stage ahead and.
Speaker 4: Got damn no boy the Miami Boys and there could be a new look right now?
Speaker 2: Do you think like right now?
Speaker 3: Like what you not?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, okay, I don't think they can.
Speaker 2: No, man, you can't reinvent. I'm the only one they can't get.
Speaker 4: Can they can't get the wrest of Can it be a new two Live crew? Like I'm talking about other niggas like new artists, a new Yeah, but not Louke.
Speaker 2: No, you gotta you gotta go through some ship.
Speaker 3: I don't think they could be a new two Life, bro. I'm gonna tell you why because it was just the error that was brand new. Anybody does it now? It's not brand new no more. What I'm saying that him it.
Speaker 2: Has been too short. It's been keeping it alive.
Speaker 4: But it's not gonna be a shocking when say it was shocking, That's what I'm saying, Like another new young.
Speaker 2: Dude, that that what you do. Most of them to have a necond video and.
Speaker 4: Then they'll going to another video like all of the videos was like you know what I'm saying, Like my right arm is hurting like you know what I'm saying was sitting on the drinking off the kid watching videos. I'm sorry that it's wait a minute, but i gotta tell you, you know what I mean? They cannot be another look, right, they cannot?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I would like to see that.
Speaker 4: I would like to see artists resurgence, like like with styles like not biting nobody ship but reminded me like Joey Badass reminds.
Speaker 2: Me of buck Shot. That might be resemblance. Now that reminds me of rock Him.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, not saying nas is not rock Him and and and Joey Badass is a Buckshot.
Speaker 2: But it does remind me, you know what I mean? They can it can never be. Can they get? Is somebody come close? Resemblance? Yeah? Definitely. Now, when the last time you've been in strip club? Last time, last week, last week?
Speaker 4: And are you like all right they're keeping the tradition going or you like, let me get the funk about it here?
Speaker 2: Most of the time. I mean, you got different types of strip clubes. I mean you got some straight don't that's almost.
Speaker 3: There's holiday some clubs that's dancing and shout out to show girls.
Speaker 2: That's color. Cheetahs Holiday strip clubs ain't got no chairs.
Speaker 1: Everybody standing up looking at the stage, you know, I mean they got comedy and ship going on.
Speaker 2: I mean it's different people they got going on. Scotland scarlets, fat scarlett, scarlets of the block from Cheetahs, Take one, Take one.
Speaker 4: You know, you know all the mistresses in the strips up the mistress game Miami and Atlanta. I remember at one point we would look at your niggas and be like they throwing their money the bitches.
Speaker 2: Yes it right now.
Speaker 4: There's no regular clubs in New York. It's only strip club. But I remember us clown and niggas like I remember the players ball and all that. We used to laugh at niggas in the South, like these niggas, it's crazy, y'all hang out with the bitches getting naked. And then remember like strip club was a one night a week thing. It was like on a Tuesday on a Friday. Now it's every day thing. Every day something is open. And and now go nigga's not integrated New York. Yeah, got some fun up niggas for that.
Speaker 2: Man. I'm not making noise for that. I'm just letting you know that you're my whole city, part of our culture. In mind.
Speaker 4: You can just not I mean, back in the days, you could look at a girl and be like, oh, that's a nice girl. Like right now you can like if you see a girl rolling the bag, you're like, oh man, it's sucking miacause got rich just rolling the back. You just came from to I just came up, like it's crazy. So I just want to thank you. Want to get blue Uncle Luke Man.
Speaker 2: We all wet, we got a bad We got a bag for you. Yeah, I got a bag. We're trying to be professional. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's from the Dream Champs to you. The drink Champions didn't drink you didn't like Oh no, no no, that's my personal person. But I'm fucking with the Columbians and we got a Dream championshire Dream Champs cups.
Speaker 4: Big up that royal elite Fat Joe bigare.
Speaker 2: Big of Rick ross Man. He's getting so much money. Man coming here for years. Yeah oh yeah he still live here. He still live here.
Speaker 4: Uh big September tenth, We're having this party go down, so all the people we want you to come out and go and invite all the guests.
Speaker 1: Uncle Luke, I.
Speaker 2: Can't thank you so much because you are the Miami King and we.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't feel comfortable continue with this show or having this show without the ball man coming through a cod signing us. We want a salute. We want to tell people go out there and get your book. Is very important because what you heard today is just a piece of how phenomenally.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And then not only that, you young motherfuckers, not only do you listen to this interview and then read this book, but go out there and do your research. Go out there and see why you heard Efn's voice cracking and my voice cracking as we're asking questions and we're sitting back and learning things. Is because we're excited to see a legend. It is not bad for you to be a fan of somebody else makes it a great artist. Blue artists are fans of other people and ain't afraid.
Speaker 2: To be fans of other people. Here you are. This is what makes drinks Champs.
Speaker 4: Dope, is that you get to hear me and EFN act like young boys.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 4: We're sitting here, sitting with a legend, like Luke, and we just sitting here and just so open because and it don't matter the fuck with ratings. We ad that don't matter. What matters is to keep hip hop alive. And we don't interview new artists. We interview legends because that's who we know about. We don't got to google. But if you're a young guy, you enter this drink Champs, I suggest you google you in the book, the book that's about to say, you know, not only listen to this interview, not only listen to the book, but go and get your interview.
Speaker 2: Because when you see Nellie Tiptrail and.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about the video now I'm about the girl, but the video, a lot of people think that that was the first video, the first X rated video period, and that bothers me. That bothers me because it's like, damn as a og, I'm the next generation.
Speaker 2: So I kind of blame myself, but I can't be on Twitter every single day. But some of you guys who love.
Speaker 4: Hip hop, go out there and do your research because you ain't doing nothing new under the sun. And that's not a dis to you guys. That's to stay tuned. Do your research. Uncle Luke you can't think you know your history. Ain't nothing about that because just think about it us as being you know, African Latinos or whatever. If we don't know the history that we got on the boat and motherfuckers put us in the slave shit, then guess what if you don't know, next time a motherfucker asked you on a boat.
Speaker 2: We would be like, let me get my paddle, and your.
Speaker 4: Monkey asked, gonna be somewhere dumb, were stupid, So go do your motherfucker history.
Speaker 2: Uh, luluke, we know you man leaving the building. Let's go man.
Speaker 1: He turned the sad lay