Speaker 1: Get your hit us together and we're going to start to party. Start part I'm ready to party. The Elvis Duran after Party. We had a party. It's time for the after party podcast. Are you ready to go? Yeah, let's do it. So our friend Steph has joined us here. Steph another member of our incredibly fantastic, always growing morning show. Hi Steph. Hey, So Steph recently took a trip to Los Angeles. Did she wants to share with us something that happened to her. I have no idea what this is, what this is, or where it's going. So what happened in La Steph?
Speaker 2: Well, it was my first time there ever. I've never been more west of Pittsburgh, so I was like, this is a great place to go. My friend hasn't been either, so the two of us really wanted to dive in and do all of the torrisy things. Go to the Observatory, see the Hollywood Sign, Hollywood Walk of Fame. We even ate at hard Rock Cafe and we were finishing up eating and then we took a long walk. We ended up on Vine Street, I think it was, and all of a sudden, I see Elvis Durant on the ground. I was like, what is he doing here?
Speaker 1: I've been on the ground in La many times. I don't recall being there while you were there. Can you please explain?
Speaker 2: So I see you in the pink star there. I'm like, oh my gosh, Elvis has a star here. We have to take a picture. And wait a minute. In my purse, I had my wet wipes and I put one on the ground. I started cleaning off your star.
Speaker 1: Question was there any gum on that star? Because last time I was there, we had to actually go inside and scrape the gum off because.
Speaker 2: Someone put gum on it. No, no gum. And there was a nice I don't think he was a Valey, but like a very nice man who was by the hotel or the restaurant next door, and he was like, who are you looking for? I'm like, no, I got him. He's right here.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, look at that. Yeah, here's the thing. If you're visiting La, you're on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, please have some wipes with you. Maybe a little gum scraper. What are those things are called? Because people, I mean, keep in mind, the whole world is walking down the street. It's like Steph is like going to times Square and licking the sidewalk. You gotta be really careful about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my rod was nervous when I picked up the wipe. She was like, you're gonna touch I'm like, what where am I gonna put it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: For you?
Speaker 2: Can you hire somebody to go out to the Star every month and just like do some maintenance on it?
Speaker 1: And yes, I mean it doesn't take that much, does it. I mean, I don't know who.
Speaker 3: Was the last time you visited your star?
Speaker 1: Elvis. I haven't seen my Star in quite some time. It's been years. I mean, how long has it been since I was twenty? Has a Star twenty nineteen? No, twenty seventeen, twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: I was twenty seventeen, yeah, twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah. You know, if you're listening in LA and you want a little extra gig, you know, daddy's got money, what would you pay the start cleaner? I would pay one hundred dollars a visit? Okay, okay, I mean and shine that baby up.
Speaker 2: I'll go back right now.
Speaker 1: Will you pay for well? Okay? Okay, it's adding up. So what else did you do in La? Other than you know, hard rock? Cafe. I mean, what did you see that made you go, huh, this is definitely Los Angeles or something that stood out from the old days of Hollywood and movies And what did you see that kind of reshifted your thought about what the city is all about.
Speaker 2: Well, just the fact that they have the Santa Monica Peer and it's like right in near all of Hollywood. So I was like, wow, you have the best of both worlds of like the warm weather. It was very warm, way warmer than right now, by the way, So yeah, just like going to the beach for them, also being able to like go see all like the fancy things and all like the Warner Brothers tours and all that. And also like the hotel that my friend and I stayed in was like wonderful. So we're like this is awesome too.
Speaker 1: Can you tell us which hotel it was?
Speaker 2: It was the Citizen m And I was a little nervous when we walked in because there was a huge sign at the front that said porn in the shape of like the L O V sign and like, what is that Philly?
Speaker 1: And I was like, where are we gonna get into right now? I don't know, you know, they have citizen m hotels in LA in New York and Miami. I mean they're everywhere, and they're supposed to be a very very fun hotel.
Speaker 2: Fun is an interesting word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a brand. It says here on their website. It's it's from Mariott. It's a brand for the people modern design meets essential comforts experience a unique and efficient hotels day. Oh I never heard of them? Try, did you get the bug?
Speaker 3: Do you want to go back?
Speaker 2: I do want to go back, but I think I'm okay for right now. Like, I wouldn't want to move there. It's a great little vacation spot though.
Speaker 1: Yeah someone who lived there?
Speaker 3: Oh really right, yeah, eleven years I would. It's a great place to visit. I could never live there again, I really couldn't. It's just a different brand of people. Did you notice that while you were out their staff that people.
Speaker 1: Will, yeah, be different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. They're just not as like fast paced and they're just like kind of I don't know. Everybody wants to be something like everybody is either a writer or a director or wants to be or not. You know, even the way to or asked me what I did, and I was like, that's really what you're gonna ask me right now about.
Speaker 1: You know, I used to not like LA at all, but as I grew older, I really discovered I do like LA a lot. And uh yeah, it depends on where you are in your life as well. But when Ghani asked you if you got the bug when you're out there, I was thinking, like from the bed sheets at the porn hotel, then.
Speaker 3: Hopeaking of hotels when I don't know if you ever stayed there, all of us. But our building in Los Angeles was in Burbank and there was an hotel right down the street called the Tangerine. It was like no affiliation whatsoever, and that's where we would put people up anytime they were staying from out of town. And it was so embarrassing dropping there because was it nice. It looks exactly like one of those rent room for thirty minutes places. It used to be one of those places where you could rent by the hour.
Speaker 1: Oh god, so killet proof glass. I love it. The iheard budgets.
Speaker 3: I've redone it right, But you can't out, you know, pace the look of one of those cheap cedy motels. So it looks like there's either going to be a body in the parking lot or hookers standing out front of it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Sorry, wow, sorry to say that. So we really so far I have not paid it quite a elegant picture of Los Angeles or Burbank in this case. Well, look, you know, I don't know. I love going out to the West Coast. But you know the reason why I don't think I could live on the West Coast is because all of the natural disasters. They would they because they do get really really intense with fires and slides and yeah, el Nina, you know all of it. But it's a nice place. So you and your friend are you travel friends? You like to go different cities with each other? Now we are all right, what's your next what's your next goal? What's your next town or city? Your country?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to Toronto for the first time ever to see Bruno Mars.
Speaker 1: Bruno Mars could play anywhere and you have a good time. Yep. Okay, what about whipping out the passport for some place other than some foreign country as closed as Canada? How about Europe? How about Asia? What are you thinking?
Speaker 2: I mean, I would love to go to Japan, but I cannot swing that. Yeah, that'll be down the line. For now, I want to see more of the US because, like I said before, La, I haven't been west of Pittsburgh, so like, I really want to see like Texas and other places, Arizona, Vegas, Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 2: You want to come?
Speaker 1: Everyone, We're in, Come in. I'm okay done. You'll check out this sphere. I'm dying to see a show with this. I want to go see The Wizard before it closes. Come on, all right, well, there you go. Thank you for shining the star for me. I appreciate it. But by the way, you know, I don't want to have to put you on payroll. But if someone wants to go over there monthly and clean my star up, much obliged. In there you go, step everyone steps after party