Speaker 1: Start up, dot Up, start Up, Brooklyn Boy, start up, Brooklyn Boy, start up.
Speaker 2: Dot up. They making noise dot up, start.
Speaker 3: Up, up Up, dot up.
Speaker 2: Episode three, twenty four. It's the Brooklyn Boys podcast. What Up Dave Brody? Fu's up? Scira Jones. Ah, I am day fourteen Dave fourteen thirty yeah, fourteen of being sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm almost done with this. You got the walking flu I got.
Speaker 2: I got like a little little bit of like a five five percent flem up, a little hawk tour, little little hall man. Come on, I got a little hawk. I'm so glad that we're not in the same room for a change. I mean, I'm usually upset that we're not in the same room recording the podcast. You're always like, oh, Brody, come over, come over today. We'll get shitty food and eat. Happy to see you on the screen because I don't want you. Got I gotta go away for the weekend. I'm headed out of here.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure I got sick at pickleball because I finally I took like five or six days off from playing, and when I went back, there was five or six people who were like, yeah, weeazy baby baby, I'll tell you it's going around though. I mean it put a lot of Yeah, you know, we work on the sixth floor, and I heard that the fifth floor is really suffering. That's where the sales team are.
Speaker 3: They are. I'll stay away from the fifth floor. Then I'll keep that in mind with.
Speaker 2: A lot of people on the fifth floor went down, you know. But you know, I started thinking on my drive home today because this morning on on on the Big Show, I had mentioned about my buddy Joe. Volpicelli told Joe he's a monster Joe. No, No, he's monster Joe. This guy's like, I'm assuming he's Italian. Yeah, it sounds like a pasta. What gave you that depression?
Speaker 3: What's his name? Vermicelli?
Speaker 2: Joe Volpicelli, Vermit Vopacelli giving it Vopacelli with meat sauce. Please you want to sign well, well, well volp well volpe He basically, of course you have a nickname for me. Can't just call him vote nobody says vopell No, he uh. He texted me yesterday and I talked about this briefly on the Big Show this morning, and he's like, yeah, man, he goes So I was hearing your show and Elvis was talking about something serious. Problem is, it was while I was peeing in a urinal at his office. Apparently they choose to broadcast Z one hundred, the local radio station at his agency, in the in the in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: So and i' and he just felt it was just off because.
Speaker 2: Elvis was talking about something really, really serious and he's just like taking a leak and he's like listening to the show. But that's how he experiences our show in the bathroom. So I I'm wondering for us, how do people experience our podcast? Because when it comes to people listening to the podcast, in my brain, I picture people you know with like air you know, air pods in maybe walking on a treadmill, maybe just curled up on the couch or in their bed, or maybe in their car on the speaker, you know whatever, on a bluetooth or something. But are there weird places? Slices leave us a talk back. What's the weird place that you listen to our podcast? Something that we wouldn't think of, something that's not traditional, you know what I mean? Like, where could it be brody? Well?
Speaker 3: I guess, uh, maybe if you drive a truck for a living.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, I'll not forget about the car, that's obvious. We don't want to hear that. I want to hear about where you. Maybe you work at a cemetery or a grave digger right while you're digging graves?
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you at a bagel store somewhere or or even begel store?
Speaker 2: Is weird?
Speaker 3: How's bagel store weird? But truck driving?
Speaker 2: No, not weird, but it's more well, it's right exactly. It's not weird if you're listening in a store at a place of business. But yeah, but maybe or have you ever I don't know what what weird thing are you doing while listening to our podcast? Have people had sex with people have sex our podcast?
Speaker 3: Reggie?
Speaker 2: Reggie has had sex during our podcast? Or she will be having sex during a talkback? Yeah, I mean, I don't know. We're the ones doing the podcast or we're not going to get any answers right now. It's not a live podcast.
Speaker 3: This is one of us is in a weird place or having sex at the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So just putting it, putting it out there. This is just an opening thought something I I've been pondering all right. You know, our imaginations could run wild with that, you know, all right, So I'm gonna I'm gonna run with that and change the subject completely. I was talking about pickleball and how I've been, you know, wheezing and cough. But I had a major accomplishment at first. I had the accomplishment last week. But but there was a caveat So last week I played pickleball hustler. Pickleball hustler is a guy, so I play level three. This guy is clearly like level four. So you got named for your people too.
Speaker 3: I'm not the only one with names for for my friend I have.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 3: I have nicknames for the pickle ball players.
Speaker 2: Of course you do. I have. I'm putting together a book of pickleball names. The only difference is my people know they're there. Their name, Yeah, I no, I can't tell uh uh Slo Mo Shlomo that uh that's his name. He doesn't know that, you Steve, he doesn't know it. But he's slow as ship. Yeah, he's like a fucking turtle on the court.
Speaker 3: Anyway. Uh So there's this guy.
Speaker 2: He's much better than it than than the rest of us, and he really should get raided by the experts there and moved up. But he doesn't get moved up because his girl girlfriend is on our level. So in order to play with his girlfriend, he doesn't get bumped up to a better level. Does that make sense? Yes, But he shouldn't like he's yeah, he should leave her. Stay's in third grade, but he should be in fifth grade. He should leave her in the dust. He's playing on a different level, right, He's unbeatable. So sometimes when we play, the employee of the of the pickle ball place will say, these are the rules. You're playing to nine win by one. And sometimes they say, especially when the pickle ball hustle is playing, if you win more than three times, you got to leave the court. In other words, you can't stay there all day. Is this guy would stay there when like ten twelve matches in a row and be like, okay, we're all like leaving.
Speaker 3: He's beating everybody. Is he the Ken Jennings of pickleball? Basically?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So last week I show up, he's sick. I'm sick. I'm like, hey, how's it going. He's like, I don't feel good?
Speaker 2: And so I played against him and everything he was hitting was going into the net. He couldn't muster the strength to get them all over the net, and I ended up him for the first time ever. But I'm like, that doesn't count because he's sick.
Speaker 3: I'm sick.
Speaker 2: He's not full strength, right, but neither are you, so you kind of are on an even playing field.
Speaker 3: I would say that counts. Okay.
Speaker 2: So yesterday I show up, I'm about ninety percent. I go, hey, man, how's it going. Because I'm mostly okay, I'm like ninety percent, I'm like, oh great. In my mind, I'm like, let's do this. So I played with him and we dominated. But once you win, you have to split, so then I have to play against him.
Speaker 3: So this I get this.
Speaker 2: This short little girl comes over to my team and he gets some big dude. I'm like, oh fuck it, they're gonna kill us. This girl is like, hi, I'm Nancy, not her real name, but she said it like that. I'm like, oh, hi, Nancy, nice to see you. I'm like, we're gonna get fucking destroyed. Let me tell you something scary. Nancy was a killer. Yeah, Nancy was a killer. She was slamming and slicing and dinking and duncan and bottom line dunkin Did she do the double doink?
Speaker 3: She did the doing.
Speaker 2: We beat pickle ball Hustler. I beat him again. So I don't know if he's still like under the weather, but I beat him twice in a week and I've never beaten him in like six months.
Speaker 3: Congratulations you pickleball Hustler with the help of the ringer.
Speaker 2: See now you judged the book by its cover because she's like, Hi, I'm Nancy. Hi.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, this is this girl. Can belly see over the net? She is a killer?
Speaker 2: She crushed it. I bet she got She got insulted when you said that to me. No, no beginning had well did you did you judge her outward?
Speaker 3: Not what she could tell?
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, hey, nice to nice to play with you, Nancy. This isth be great. It never metal roll my eyes or make faces. I'm like, this is great. Oh I thought you said some stuff out loud. No, yeah, I said, oh, this one sucks out loud.
Speaker 3: No. I said to myself, Oh, we're gonna get her ask kicked. Oh. As it turns out she was a killer, and.
Speaker 2: You said that out loud because you underminded her, undermined under you undermined her. You under I didn't estimated loud, you unders her abilities, not out loud. You said we're gonna get killed. Was that you?
Speaker 3: Oh that's your inner voice. I thought you said that out loud to her. Why would I say to some.
Speaker 2: Girl I never met someone in killed.
Speaker 3: I honestly thought you said that to her.
Speaker 2: No, the only banter I have I'll say, like, this guy slices to the right, Well, this guy likes to slam a lot. I'll give you a little coaching, like a little scouting report. I'm not gonna say like, oh, you suck, we're in trouble, because you never know, right good and clearly you never know. Because she was deadly. He was slamming, and she was stepping back and hitting him. But it was great.
Speaker 3: What is what is proper pickleball attire? Well, it depends on who you ask.
Speaker 2: If your daughter McGee, your goggles McGee, you show up with the protective plastic goggles on your eyes.
Speaker 3: That's why is a guy that I called him goggles McGee.
Speaker 2: He doesn't know that either. No, there's a there's there's two bald guys that were headbands. I guess to keep the sweat out of their eyes. But usually it's just a T shirt and jogging shorts, jogging pants good you know Adidas.
Speaker 3: Or do people fall down on the court. I had one guy fall down a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he felt he landed on his ankle wrong.
Speaker 2: He went down.
Speaker 3: One guy strained his his hamstring. I to the bench. This is supposed to be the sport for non sports people. Nobody ever said that. No, No, it's absolutely active. Tennis players will tell you that I don't. I don't. There's lots of.
Speaker 2: Tennis players who play pick a ball. In fact, you can spot them because they serve a certain way. Yeah, and they and they backhand a certain way.
Speaker 3: So it's great.
Speaker 2: It's great exercise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not like you're not covering as much ground as a tennis court.
Speaker 2: You know. It's like a softball baseball player playing softball. It's not as much activity as baseball, but it's still activity. Listen, I burned off a lot of weight. I'm in good shape.
Speaker 3: I'm down.
Speaker 2: Two inches in my waist, I'm down thirty pounds, so I'm running around a little bit.
Speaker 3: Let's be doing something right. Yeah, you saw me, you saw me in my pick a ball outfit.
Speaker 2: One day, I did.
Speaker 3: I did say.
Speaker 2: I said, proty, you're looking svelt. You're look you did, you're slim. You know what's going on here?
Speaker 3: That's right, you know.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know. I don't know if you were starving yourself or you know, you're just I'm working out, I'm exercising, So good for you. I wouldn't say you should try it, but people should try it. I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I definitely.
Speaker 2: Well, wait a second, why why shouldn't I try it?
Speaker 3: Because you can't play pickaball holding a sandwich.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm not holding sandwiches this time of year. Now's the time.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, because you did.
Speaker 2: You did. You did play softball, charity softball once with a sandwich in your hand. So you played right field, Yes, you had. You had, you had like a sausage roll or something in your hand. It was right field and everybody was batting. Everybody was batting right handed, so no ball was coming to me except that one where you had to you had to take the ball out of your glove and put the food into the glove and then throw the ball. Oh yes, ah, the.
Speaker 3: Memories, the memories.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, I'm gonna ro my sleeves on this one. I okay, Yeah, I've been wanting to talk about this for a couple of weeks because well, because I told you about originally about my cousin commine and go and you know, casket shopping and playing your kind of life stuff, you know, And and I don't want to dwell on on the death here. I just but a lot of times someone sometimes, no some a lot of times someone in the family passes, right, and and they and they leave an estate, they leave a will and an estate and that.
Speaker 3: But didn't you didn't you get left artwork? I got left art work. I got, let you know.
Speaker 2: But my aunt Marie, I got you know, a little something something. H We're all we're all friends in our family. Things, you know, my aunt male we passed some things. Things.
Speaker 3: Things kind of float to you, you know, do you with the plastic on it?
Speaker 2: No? No, none of that. But when someone has money or or a house, you know, in a family, yeah, don't fight over it.
Speaker 3: I have a couple of money, were talking.
Speaker 2: I have. I have a few friends. They will all be remain nameless to two friends right now and one from a couple of years ago who told me their story that they are fighting over the estate. They're fighting like like their parents left them money or the parents left them the house and they literally lawyered up.
Speaker 3: And it cost.
Speaker 2: This one. Battle is going on right now. And again I'm not I don't want to. I want to say much more other than I was. My jaw hit the floor when I found out that a nice chunk of money was left, and things were left evenly.
Speaker 3: But yet the one.
Speaker 2: Sibling said I want my money now, or I want this and you don't deserve that, and and and just got a lawyer, and then that forced the other sibling to get a lawyer.
Speaker 3: These are grown ass adults and money. Money's the root of all evil. Yeah, and now they are.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh.
Speaker 3: Tens of thousands of dollars in in lawyer fees.
Speaker 2: Well, why didn't de will specifically point out and explain who gets exactly what? It pointed things out? But this person decided to take exception to it. Apparently one sibling went into their pocket for all this other stuff, and that person needed to be paid first that money back. It does make sense, yes, because you and I are logical people. But the other this person didn't agree with the other person and said, oh yeah, f you. And now there're tens and tens and tens of thousands of dollars in and they're in court, they're court dates and they're back and forth. And all I could say in a situation like this is the lawyers are going to end up with your parents, state and all that money. And that's disgusting. It's a despicable thing. It shouldn't ever be that way. There's got to be a way to solve issues. And I know there's slices that have probably had this happen in there in their life, or have it happen to them or whatever going through something similar. Again, I don't want to be too specific, but yeah, there are two people I know right now that are going through.
Speaker 3: This, and I am disgusted. Lose a person.
Speaker 2: You lose a person and you're fighting over there, their legacy, their money they left you, and now it's gonna be difving up against lawyers and you're gonna get what pennies Just this, it's disgusting. Why can't people solve their issues like civilly without having to bring lawyers, and because that incurs lawyer fees. That's you know, I don't know. It's something that that i've uh, you know, I wanted to else to talk about it on the Big Show. I wanted to mention it. But it's kind of weird because you know, you're talking about there's a lot of every situation is different, right, everyone's got, you know, other things things happening or that are not you know. Yeah, but if you if you, if you die and you don't have a will, I could see people fight. I at least I understand a little bit why people would fight over you know, who gets what? If like someone has three kids, they should split it evenly, but there's always one is like I was their favorite.
Speaker 3: You've been a terrible child.
Speaker 2: He hasn't even talked to you in six or or they start counting the receipts, Oh I paid for this, this, this, this, and this. All the years are or hey, daddy lived with you, you with me for all these years and I had with him. That's usually where the problems starts. Why I chose to be an only child. There was no there was arguments to anybody, Well you usually fight with the demons in your head, yes, but everything was one hundred per David.
Speaker 3: That's it the way the way it should.
Speaker 2: I guess that's an upside of being an only child. That's yeah, that was it. There was no one to help me do anything. That was the downside. But the upside was there was no question as to who got what and what went. Well. I'm just I guess it's good because I'd hate to have to deal with that when you you know, you lose a parent, you lose whatever, and you're like, oh, I guess not the least of my It's not the least of my problems.
Speaker 3: I got the biggest shit and I gotta worry about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I'm just I'm just venting and just kind of upset because I'm looking at this, this pathetic situation that's happening, and I'm like, oh my god, all that money and it's all going to go to the lawyers at the end of the day and you go the both of you are gonna wind up with nothing. That's because at some point they just want to win. Oh, it's just about winning. Yes, it's like a fuck it, I'm not gonna lose to this prick. That's terrible. That's the way I would get like playing with thousands and thousands of dollars. What are you doing?
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: After like the second or third round of lawyer and you're like, oh, fuck, this guy se go down with a burning in the burning ship before I let this guy get a penny. Wow, that's because this person's will. It's demd But you get competitive, you get like, oh yeah, oh oh oh is that?
Speaker 3: Oh well yeah, all right, well fuck you now now it's on, and.
Speaker 2: Then you lose track. You start throwing bad money after bad money. You don't even realize it, and all of a sudden you're in the whole for thirty grand, and you're like, I gotta sue this guy even more now to get my thirty grand back.
Speaker 3: You're never gonna win. Take the loss one of the people.
Speaker 2: They're up to one hundred thousand dollars between the two of them in lawyers. Well, I hope that they're at least fighting over five hundred thousand. I hope they're fighting over more than that. Even so, you're out one hundred grand.
Speaker 3: Fucked up.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you could you could have just said to your brother, whoever, how about I give you fifty grand and we settle this. Yeah, but you're not out one hundred grand people are dumb. They're slices slices. Did you get fucked over with a will or a lack of a will?
Speaker 3: Leave us a talk back? What did you expect?
Speaker 2: Oh? You know what else? So I have I have a cousin and she's one four or four or five cousins, and uh, there's two girl cousins, and they really will. One of my cousins, one of the girl cousins was always like, when when Aunt so and so dies, I get there, I get this ring that I've loved since I was the jewelry, see the jewelry that also could be something that that people fight over because how do you put a value on all that stuff you haven't having assessed?
Speaker 3: And then who wills that? Well, here's the thing. The one cousin's.
Speaker 2: Mother had passed away, right, and and so the aunt the aunt was my aunt, it was her grandmother. So the grandmother had two granddaughters, one with one kid, one with another kid. Well, one of the granddaughter's mother died and the other granddaughter's mother didn't die.
Speaker 3: They were sisters of this grandmother.
Speaker 2: So when the grandmother passed, the other mother, the living mother was like, oh, I'll take that ring for my daughter. So the daughter with no mom, who wanted the ring since she's a little kid, didn't get the ring because her aunt.
Speaker 3: Stepped in was like, oh, I'll go through.
Speaker 2: It's my mother, so I'll go through her stuff, and she decided for all the kids who was getting what? Really, So she got fucked because her mom passed away, so she didn't get the ring. And now she's not mad at her cousin for having the ring, but she's fucking mad at her aunt because her aunt knew she wanted the ring.
Speaker 3: But she was like, well, I'm going through my mother's house. I'll go through the house. So yeah, so how'd you get fucked when somebody passed away? The US talk back another positive homework assignment. Yeah, Brooklyn boys, nothing but I'll be positive, scary and Rotie.
Speaker 2: I scared. I'm gonna give you a choice of stories here. You want to you want to hear my story about how the post office fucked me? I mean eventually hear them both, but go ahead. Host Facebook is trying to me. It's always it's always the post office or Facebook or home depot. It's one of them.
Speaker 3: No, Well, I don't have a house anymore, so I don't I don't.
Speaker 2: Have any Let's see how did the who even goes to the post office. Let's go to the post office. Let me tell okay, post let me tell you. Okay, but we talked about that way. Didn't you have a problem with the post office being closed and the lady didn't give you that last week? That was last week.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you what the problem is.
Speaker 2: I think post off like twice in the last ten years, and you went and go like every day, not going to give out my address. But let's just let's just for the sake of this argument, because that my my address ends in a one. Okay, let's say my address is three seventy one okay, for the sake of this conversation. So during Christmas, I may have told this story. I don't even remember the beginning of the story. I get a postcard addressed to thirty seven L not my street, right, okay, I live. Let's say I live at three seventy one my street, and I get a holiday card. It's clearly like a holiday card looking size, and it's addressed to somebody who lives at three seven L. But they did lowercase L with like a little tiny little hook, a little hook, like right right, not my street. Huh So now that not my street is like five minutes away from me in my town, same town, different street, not even close, not like Main Street and like East Main Street. It's nothing like my street. Okay, So I take the postcard. I bring it to the post office. I take the letter to the post office. Listen, this is supposed to go to thirty seven L not my Street, and it came to three I live at three seven to one my Street.
Speaker 3: Correct, yep, Oh, no problem, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Four days later, it shows up at my house again, the same letter, three thirty seven L not my street. Is this like to that? Is this like that movie The Watcher where there the house is haunted and it just keeps showing up at the house people people are watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess you can see.
Speaker 2: The Yeah anyway, letter thought it said, even if you thought it said three seven one anonymously and you didn't know it said three seven L. Why are you're bringing it to my street if it clearly says not in my street? Right, go look at not my street and not bring it to my street. Wait, what would have caused it to go there. I don't know. So I decide, you know what, it's the holidays, I'm gonna bring it. I'm gonna deliver it my elf to thirty seven not my Street. So I go and it's an apartment complex, like it's like a townhouse complex, and it's like like garden apartments, two floors whatever.
Speaker 3: So I park.
Speaker 2: I got to walk down a path, down another path, up a path upstairs, and I get to thirty seven L not my street yep, And I open a little latch and I pop it in the little mail slot. Good. But before I did that, I wrote a little note and I said, hey, tell the people mailing you mail to make sure the l is clear, because it came to three seventy one right my street. Okay, Well, last week, guess what I get another letter addressed to thirty seven L not my street. Oh something else, a different piece of something else. So I go into the post office. I said, ah, hey, man, I got a question for you. Is it policy to look at a letter that says thirty seven L not my street and if you think it looks like three seventy one not my street and there is no three seventy one not my street? Do you? I? Is it customary to just deliver it to three seventy one my street? Like, just find a three seventy one to stop it there. He says, no, no, that's not the case. So I said, can you please tell your mail carrier not to just pick a go by the number? Why isn't he trusting the street? Why isn't he at least going to not my street and looking for something close to thirty seven? Like, oh, I, oh thirty maybe it's thirty seven L. Maybe that's an L maybe, but just because it has a three seven to one on it, why does he come to my house? The guy says, absolutely, I'll talk to him. That's unacceptable. It should absolutely be good. And so he puts takes a black marker and he writes thirty seven L big thirty seven L not my street on the on the on the postcard, on the letter. It's a letter now, full sized letter, and it says deliver and he underlines the not my street name. Okay, well, yesyesterday I got another letter, but thirty seven L not my street.
Speaker 3: Now, I think they're doing it on purpose. They want to fuck with you. I don't know if he wants.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on, but I mean, how bad of a mail carrier do you have to be? Stop it? Are you're just picking the only three seventy one you could think of. You're like, oh, must be this, Like it doesn't make any sense to me that it says thirty seven L. Now, look, if you're mailing mail to somebody with thirty seven L in the address, make sure it looks like a fucking L, a capital L. Don't make it a look L where it looks like a possible one. I get that, but if somebody, now here's the thing the not my street scary is three words? Yep, it's a three words street. Yeah, it's not like it's like a short word that you Oh, I wonder. I guess it's main street. But look it's Maple Street instead of main Street. No. No, the three words looking nothing like it, and you're words nothing like my street. My street is doesn't have three words in it.
Speaker 3: It's one. It's one word. Okay, this one is a three words road. So I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: I've already gone into the post office, I've I've delivered it myself. I didn't get a Christmas bonus for delivering the mail during Christmas, so fuck fuck the postal carrier who thinks it's and then you know what else they do? What you know? Uh? Sometimes they have these circulars like it's just a coupon for a It's like a cardboard advertisement for a furniture store or a new deli in town. They're like cardboard laminated sheets. They come in your mail. It's an advertisement or something. Right, Well, the mail carrier probably gets fifty of them, so they probably have to put one in each mailbox.
Speaker 3: But a few days ago, I opened my mail and I had like nine of them.
Speaker 2: What do I need nine of the same ones for? He probably didn't want to like have to like put one in each box and carry them around. He's like, I'll just you probably put a handful and a bunch. And so what I did was I took all of them and I threw them back in the slot. That says outgoing mail. Oh good, So he has to hang back again. He's got to handle him. Yeah, your most temitizements, I like, I like how you put it in the outgoing in the outgoing mailbox. Now that's that's brilliant. Yeah, now you got him, you know what I mean. While we're on the topic, can restoration hardware? Just cut the Shenanigans already. I don't need your fucking nine hundred page catalog. I didn't ask for your catalog to begin with. But you make they make this dinormous catalog some of you know what I'm talking about, and they shove it in your mailbox unsolicited. I never subscribed to it, but who needs that in this day and age, a physical catalog? You know many, you know much paper they're wasting. I mean, I go right to the recycle bin with it. It goes from my mailbox, and there's a recycle bin right next to the mailboxes, and I throw it right in. But it, dude, it's the size of an old school phone book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a piece of furniture.
Speaker 2: D You've got They've got no business making a catalog of this size this time, this and in this in this atmosphere, in this era. What do you want to call it? It's twenty twenty five. No one's even looking at you, goddamn catalog. Five years ago, I ordered a couple of shirts from a company called Carbon The number two Cobolt. It all looked like it was my kind of clothing. It was flannel, there was casuals. It was Henley's and T shirts. It all looked like the kind of shit you wear in a cabin, like just like rugged casual clothing, which is my style. I like to wear manly like casual clothing. You know.
Speaker 3: So I know people hear my voice.
Speaker 2: They they know Dave Brody, Like, oh, if anyone wears manly log cabin style clothing, it's him. Yeah. But it's like it's like flannel jackets. It's all like casual, you know that I like. So I ordered it and so nothing fit me right. The button on the neck, one in the right spot. They were like too low, the extra large was too big, the lodger was too small. Nothing worked. So now I returned everything. Five years Scary, I get catalogs. Every month, I get another catalog. I called them up and I said, hey, uh listen, I'm not gonna be ordering anything unsubscribed. Unsubscribed, Okay, we'll take you off the list. I've called three times. Can't get off the list. The catalog I moved. Scary, they found me. They must have gotten my photo and address. From some mailing list or whatever. I can't stop the catalogs from coming from from uh Carbon to Cobol.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm not saying that the clothing is not nice.
Speaker 2: It's very expensive, very like a Henley's, like one hundred and twenty five dollars. That's another reason I returned. You're not in your splurging era. No, I'm in an unemployed era. All right, I'm shopping it. If I'm shopping anywhere, it's it's Coals and Target. I'm not shopping at Carbon and Cobol. It's the kind of place if you wore that clothing, you'd buy it because it's expensive and sure it's well made.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying it's it's over.
Speaker 2: But you don't want the catalog You don't, You haven't, don't have any interesting and why are they wasting paper? And it's a monthly reminder of Hey, here's some shit you can't afford. Hey, how's your day going. You want to look at some clothing you couldn't possibly you could finance the fuck out of here. And they won't stop. Oh as they stop wone stop, can't stop bone before we take a break?
Speaker 3: Question for you?
Speaker 2: And I don't know why I feel this way. But when you butt out someone, do you just hang up and ignore it and hope they don't call you back? Or do you follow through with the call?
Speaker 3: How many times did it ring? If it rings once, I hang up immediately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they just stay With a cell phone, you could just dial a number, hit send in an end right away and they'll still get an alert that that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was a call from you.
Speaker 2: If I notice it and it's already like twenty seconds into the call, like it's rang three or four times, uh, then I'm pretty sure they know I called and they saw that it rang, so uh, I'll let it go through. But I have I think about, like what I'm gonna say. Why I am gonna call them? Well I did if I hang up, If I hang up, screw, what's gonna happen? They're gonna call me back? Well?
Speaker 3: This is I guess a verbal a verbal butt dial.
Speaker 2: Where I was in my car and I told Siri to call my friend Mike, and I used his last name, and this last name sounds like a Mike with another last name, so it says, you know, I'm just gonna say calling Mike Navarro, you know, and and it wasn't Mike. It was it was and all of a sudden, I know Mike Navara. Well, it wasn't even him. I just used him as an example, like calling my I'm like, no, I don't mean to call Mike Navarro. Stop stop and I and and and now the phone is ringing and I'm like fuck and I'm driving, so i can't even really concentrate. So I'm sitting there like, uh, how did this? How did sirih mishear me? But Siria has heard me, so it called and and then Mike picked up and like, hey, what's up, man, how you doing? And I said, hey Mike. Now again not not Mike Navarro. He's he's Mike Navar is a great guy. But it was a different mic, and I did not want to I had nothing to say to him. I haven't spoken to this mic in like how to be about fifteen years. I haven't spoken to this mic.
Speaker 3: Oh jesus, what do you say?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So so I'm sitting there and I'm trying. But he was so excited when he heard from me that I don't wanted to disappoint because I was gonna be I was gonna be honest with him and be like, hey, Mike, I read really meant to call my other friend Mike, but you're on the phone now, So how you doing?
Speaker 3: Because that that to me seems like, oh okay, I get it.
Speaker 2: Fuck you.
Speaker 3: Then, you know, I don't want him to be like that. I wanted to think of me of like, you know, so did you make up a conversation?
Speaker 2: Yes? So how do I get no choice? I'm like, so it's been forever, man, let me tell you about my two friends and are fighting over there in Hire. I don't know what to tell you about. No I started talking about. He goes, hey, man, how's life at the zee? Still at the radio station? He's still doing radio? Yeah, you know I moved away to this I'm out of your listening area and I don't listen anymore.
Speaker 3: And what's been going on? So so luckily we had a lot to catch up on.
Speaker 2: I didn't really but I was like, I want to go up with this guy because because he's also the guy that once he's back in your life, he's gonna be like calling me like every day, and I don't need that.
Speaker 3: He's that in he's that guy in baby.
Speaker 2: He thinks like I'm trying to rekindle an old friendship here. So we're just guy was this guy was thinking about me? Right, But we're making out while we're making small talk, and yeah, and and and now I'm on the phone with him for like ten minutes.
Speaker 3: He's also the person that doesn't let.
Speaker 2: You off the phone. And I'm like, oh my god, I cannot believe I got caught up in this. I should have just been honest from the beginning and said I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to call you. I was trying to call my other friend Mike.
Speaker 3: But I had no choice. And we you know, you'll be talking about this podcast, did you.
Speaker 2: I told him I was doing a podcast. Yeah, my buddy, I'll wait a second. Yeah, I probably should have. Well, yeah, well, no, he's not going to check us out. He's not going to check us out. I'll tell you why, because now because he's he's he's not a family. Now he does he's not really big on technology or even social media. Families don't listen to the well he's not even on social media. He's not.
Speaker 3: No, he's not going to get no shot.
Speaker 2: He's going to listen. I told him I was doing a podcast with an old cast member.
Speaker 3: And uh, whoa whoa whoa former cast member?
Speaker 2: An old Yeah, yeah, but you're an old cast member, you're an old No former that that that's too many syllables.
Speaker 3: I say old one.
Speaker 2: Word one xbox ex cast member X. But that X sounds like it was that you got that that you left on bad terms. We don't want to say that. No x X. That sounds like ex girlfriend. No, but what's an old coworker an old co worker of mine? All right, I'll say X or former my former work. Just yeah. So anyway, so I told him all about that, caught up on his family. He's got you know, wife, you know, two two, three kids, whatever, his license, don't care, I don't care, whatever, whatever it is, anyway, pull it up. At the end of the conversation, he hits me with, yeah, we really should get together. Yeah you want to hang out. Let let's do that and you bring your girlfriend. I'll bring my wife.
Speaker 3: And you know you don't but dial somebody who moved away.
Speaker 2: I got him. I got him to New York coming up in about a month and a half. And I'm like shit, and of course I will, like, you know, let's see how is my schedule lines up with yours. I might be busy, I could be on vacation. I don't know. They always have me traveling for work.
Speaker 3: Lie, yeah, you always yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And then I hung up with him. But after it and I'm like sitting there like, damn that dude. You got to change his name and your phone so it never happens again. Change him to Michael or something. I don't know, man, Maybe I just believe you can't have him as mic? If you why the MIC's you don't want to why call the other mic? Why did I even have them in my phone? Because I don't clean up my phone, because I just I have thousands of thousands of contacts in my phone if people haven't spoken to in years, and I never delete them because I'm a Let me ask you if you had if you had a select, if you had a phone number of a celebrity, because I do you do we have celebrity phone on? Yes? If that celebrity dies, you leave the phone number in your phone because you want to be like, oh I had the phone of course, Why that happened to you? Yeah, I got a couple of celebrity phone numbers of people that have passed away. Yeah, and I I don't want I don't want to delete them because I'm like, well, I had the number when they were alive, so that's the right counts, right, Yeah, I guess. So anyway, Ah, you're gonna take Are you going to take your uncle?
Speaker 3: What's his face?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Who left all the artwork out of your phone? No? No, well maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I haven't thought about it. Anyway, That's all I got for you, but uh, it's kind of awkward. I guess some people just hang up and be honest. I probably should have been honest, but now I just led myself into rekindling an unwanted friendship and possibly having to go to dinner with them.
Speaker 3: Cannot wait for that.
Speaker 2: The Boys podcast. We will be right back.
Speaker 3: The hell you doing, dude? What you're chewing on something?
Speaker 2: Oh? I thought I had to microphone you to do in the commercial? Sorry, we're live on the podcast. You know how this ends with bad reviews? Bad review I'm sorry, you know what? It's how the whole seventy seven started with us eating pizza. Don't you know that people suffer from mesolfonia? Oh, misoponia I'm sorry. I apologize, slices. I just got a box. My friend Jordan works for a company called love Corn. Not a sponsor anyway. They have a new flavor out for Valentine's Day called Sweet and Salty. It's it's in little pink bags.
Speaker 3: You see him.
Speaker 2: And I happen to like Lovecorn, which is why she always thinks of me when they have a new flavor. And she sent me a box of it, you know, for the find love in the Simple Things. Again, not a sponsor. And it's it's it's it's my new favorite flavor.
Speaker 3: So very it's not. There's all a quandry. It's not it's not fried or it's just it's corner. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's honey or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean I can look at the ingredients of the slices.
Speaker 2: Want to know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Again, not a sponsor. I would tell you if it was a sponsor. So I have a question for you. Maybe it's a I want to see where your moral compasses. Oh, made with love. There's your ingredients, made with love. That's the ingredients. So I'm sorry, go ahead. What would Brody do?
Speaker 2: W w b D. All right, and first you're gonna tell me what I did. Oh, okay, went to Target, went shopping, and of course you put the case of water underneath, the water underneath. Oh of course you already know. So I'm checking out, and I inadvertently didn't pull the water up from underneath and ended up walking out unflagged without paying for the water. Okay. I get all the way to my car with the cart and I'm loading stuff in into my car and I'm looking down. I'm like, oh shit, I didn't pay for the water. Now I'm gonna freeze frame right there.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jagile's band, what would you do?
Speaker 2: And what did I do?
Speaker 3: I would go back in the store and pay for it.
Speaker 2: I would rip off the UPC code so I'd have to carry the water all the way back in, and I would go pay for it, as I've done in the past with things from Target, like a pack of gum.
Speaker 3: I didn't pay for it, went back in and paid for it.
Speaker 2: Now that's different slices than a corn beef and Bistromi sandwich that I didn't order before.
Speaker 3: You guys are like, well, if you want it, your intention was to buy it and pay for it. You have to go back.
Speaker 2: Now, what you could do, although my throw off that monthly inventory is the next time you go to Target, bring the UPC coat in and just scan it and pay for it. What did you do?
Speaker 3: You said, ah, fuck at the universe, owes me water and you went home. No, that's the old me, Brodie.
Speaker 2: Back in the day you first quarter scary, you went back in and paid for the water. Yeah, back in the day, I would have probably said, screw it, you know what, it'll even itself out. I'm sure I've been ripped off here before, and I would have had that. I would have had that logic and I would have just put it in my car and drove off into the sunset.
Speaker 3: But no, I did.
Speaker 2: I actually drove. I took the shopping cart back with the water underneath still to show them, and I and I you know, I went back in and I said, look, I forgot to pay for this. And what did they do at that point?
Speaker 3: They said, Okay, did they.
Speaker 2: Charge me or did they say, you know what, you're being honest, you can have that water. They should charge you because they're not the owners of the store. It's not a mom and pop shop. That can do that, correct they charged me to well, you know they'd be like, you know what, it's on us, It's not up to them to give it to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, And I know was I looking for them to say that. But I did the right thing. That's what we did, the right thing. You did the right thing. And I know a lot of people will be like f that and just bolt out of there, like the road Runner.
Speaker 2: No, because then there's no difference in deliberately stealing it or accidentally stealing it.
Speaker 3: You still stole it and didn't go back.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right. Look if you get all the way home and you didn't pay for it, I'm not saying drive back, but cut the UPC code off and pick it the next time.
Speaker 3: Okay, But I'm glad to see that you're a better person. Now, what a better person?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'll take my flowers.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give you a question now that i'd like you to answer. I got flagged on Facebook Marketplace and they again they said, and I remember last time they fled me for selling a an American girl doll wheelchair because I can't sell medical supplies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so I want to.
Speaker 2: I wanna. I'm wanna read something to you real quick here because it's it's in my Facebook dummies section.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of them.
Speaker 2: But so this person wrote in regards to my American doll wheelchair with wheels American Girl Doll wheelchairchair with wheels.
Speaker 3: I wrote wheelchair. I can't write wheelchair.
Speaker 2: It says how is this available, which, again is the most annoying thing you could ask somebody, is this.
Speaker 3: Suitable for a four year old? But temporary use?
Speaker 2: Okay? So I said, what do you mean? He said, what, My daughter needs a wheelchair, she broke her foot. It's an American girl doll. It's American Girl doll wheelchair. This measurements in this thing. Four year old can't sit. This person wants to know if it'll hold up for a temporarily for a.
Speaker 3: Four year it's miniature. Yeah, I get it. I can't. I get it.
Speaker 2: Listen, people don't read the dimensions though. People don't read the instructions. People only read headlines. You know. People don't look the pictures on Instagram, and they don't read the caption. You gotta read the caption. Usually the answers in there, speaking of which I'm selling something that is twelve inches high and ten inches wide. This woman writes measurements right exactly. She wrote the word measure No, no, she wrote the word measurements, meaning give me the measurements. She just wrote the word measurements, and it annoyed me. So I wrote, I put a question mark because the measurements are in this I don't know what she's saying measurements for. So she wrote back, do you not know what measurements means? To me? So? I said, do you not know what writing a full sentence means? The measurements are in the listing. Did you say, can I please see the measurements? Since the measurements are in the listing, I thought maybe you were implying you had to check the measurements in your cabinet or in the space you have in mind for it. How do I know what you mean by the word measure especially when they're in the listing.
Speaker 3: You're taking your anger out on these people.
Speaker 2: She did not.
Speaker 3: She did not buy it.
Speaker 2: If you talk to me that way, this person again once and if I'm selling the CDs and VHS tapes in the tower with the picture that says I'm selling the CD tower.
Speaker 3: They want the VHS tapes.
Speaker 2: Why don't you give it to them? At this point, are you really going to ever watch a VHS tape again?
Speaker 3: Scare?
Speaker 2: Most of the tapes in the picture long gone. Oh I threw them out when I moved most of them. Uh. This person writes on something I'm selling some dishes. This person wrote, donated past tense, donated to Habitat for Humanity. Yes, just like that, So I said, I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you telling me that you had similar dishes that you donated to Habitat for Humanity or you're telling me that I should donate them in the past. I don't understand, I said, But either way, why don't you donate your things and I'll worry about mine? Donated past tense to Habitat for Humanity. But that's not why I got I got in trouble on Facebook. Oh, I got flagged. I got flagged. It says you're you're listing may violate our listing rules. Click here for details. Listing rejected. You are not allowed to sell weapons, ammunition and explosives.
Speaker 3: What did you put out there that resembled that any of.
Speaker 2: The options my options for fighting this. It's not offensive in my region. It was to raise awareness.
Speaker 3: It was a joke.
Speaker 2: Wow, how none of those? None of those are appropriate. So I'm going to ask you scary as David Brody, a guy who sold his house. He's into sports and comic books and science fiction. And I sell glassware that belonged to my mom, and some old furniture and uh, some old sports equipment that my kids don't use it more. Yeah, that kind of stuff. What do you think I listed that flagged got flagged as weapons, ammunition and explosives. Keeping in mind, I don't own a gun I'm gonna get I'm gonna gets a lightsaber, okay, or something like something from Star Wars that like like looked like a weapon, or something that's fictitious. Okay, So if it was a lightsaber, which of these would be appropriate to respond to being flagged? If it was a lightsaber, it's not offensive in my region? Does that make any sense? It was to raise awareness of what jedis. It was a joke. In what way would that be a joke if I was selling a light Now you're getting trapped, checkmate? Okay, So slices, here's what I'd like you to do. Okay, is what I'd like you to do. I would like you, in the next few minutes to take a guess what I might have sold that might have been flagged as a weapon ammunitions. And I will read to you the title and the full description of the item, and you can tell me after I tell you what it is, what in the description you think led them to think it was weapons, weapons, ammunition or anything explosive. Okay, So with that, I'm gonna give you a couple of minutes, I'm gonna tell you a quick story about a girl on on on TikTok. So I'm scrolling the for you pages and I'm getting politics and sports, my usual favorite stuff, and I see this girl and I and she's yelling. She's like, that's why I broke up with him. So I'm like, oh, maybe this would be good for the podcasts. She's doing a live so, so her friend says, she's doing a duet. So the friend says the other girl. He goes, well, what was wrong?
Speaker 3: She goes, he was always acting you all don chalant, don chalant.
Speaker 2: I love it. So the girl says, what do you mean? She says, you know, he was acting all like, you know, like don chalant with me. So he was all that. So she's crossed pollinating nonchalant with don Juan. I don't know where she got the don from, ye don Juan. No, she this girl doesn't know who don Juan is. She doesn't even know what nonchalant means. She said don chalant, like like that's the name you give a guy who acts like, you know, doesn't care or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how don Juan.
Speaker 2: I wish I could have gotten the audio, but it was a live feed and she already said it. I couldn't like rewind and go back, like, oh my god, how great would this be? Yeah, it is all like don chalant. Was it the mayor of Philly that said that the one who can't spell the Eagles? The one who can't spell eagles? Yeah? Okay, I hope Slices you had enough time. They've had enough time on this with your guesses. Okay, so scary, give you one more guess. It's not like they have give you one more guess. It's probably something that doesn't even It just like looks like a weapon and the AI picked it up and they I'm gonna say you were trying to sell. Uh, how about I'm looking around my house. What I wouldn't either, I wouldn't even know. Okay, here's the full description. The club steering wheel lock comes with one key. It's a red steering wheel lock, but also that goes around your steering wheel and your break. A club is also could be a weapon, a club, like when you club somebody with something. I'm thinking of flintstones era a club or a cup, a police baton like a club.
Speaker 3: So d word, the club is a weapon, explosives or ammunition.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, there's hundreds of people selling clubs on the on Facebook. It's been up. It's been up on Facebook Marketplace for six months. So I appealed it. I said, this isn't it's none of those things. But my only choice is appeal it where it's not offensive in my region, which it's not. It was to raise awareness of what auto theft. No, okay, okay, I wouldn't. I'm gonna go with you, it's not offensive in your region. Yes, that's what I chose. I haven't heard back yet.
Speaker 3: That's dumb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I risk I risk losing my right to post things on Facebook because I'm selling a wheel lock an anti theft device. I can't the club the club, right, that's that's the that's the name of the product. That's the company name. Well, the company name is Winner International, but the name of the product is the club.
Speaker 3: They flagged me. I got flagged.
Speaker 2: You know, I really give me a whole speech about how our our AI systems are are applied evenly to all listings.
Speaker 3: Nah, they're not right.
Speaker 2: So I.
Speaker 3: You you'd actually you'd actually be offended by this. I already am. So.
Speaker 2: I Basically, I booked a hotel stay my girlfriend and I for coming up me me for for later this summer. I went ahead and I went to go price it out, and I'm like, oh man, it's yeah, it's pretty expensive. You know. It's like three hundred and seventy five dollars a night, which is so pricey price, you know. I mean, sure, it's nice. It's a kind of place. It's also a splurge for a weekend. And it's for not a like a holiday weekend or anything like that. It's just regular weekend. So I said, all right, great, let me book this. But I'm like, wait a minute, but maybe maybe we do business with them sometimes I'll send an email over, you know, to see if you know, maybe they happen to listen to the show. You know, asked for like a maybe like a little bit of a media rate or something like a little bit of it, just a little bit of a discount.
Speaker 3: I don't care, that's fair. No, No, we used to get those.
Speaker 2: I'm trying, I'm trying to get a little bit, you know, a little She was like, like to give out a media rate. Yeah, of course, So I said that email, you know, from my Scary Jones account. Of course, I mean, of course how to.
Speaker 3: Pull that car Barry Jones at bougie bastarductor, right, And since we.
Speaker 2: Were going to a city where we broadcast too, like maybe there's a there's a shot, So you're.
Speaker 3: Saying there's a chance that they may have might have heard of Elvis. Elvis the show. iHeart whatever. So I wrote to them and and.
Speaker 2: The woman wrote back to me and she goes, oh my god, I happen to be a big fan of the show. She was, I know, you guys guys are awesome, terrific.
Speaker 3: So I said, this is amazing. Shecause, let me let me bring in my team.
Speaker 2: And then she did the old C c C C, like four people, the area of sales, director of the region, you know, the general sales manager that, yeah, the sales and marketing, all the big shots, all all people, and they're like, hey, introducing you now, passing you along to this person and this person will get you set up and it's gonna be great. So we're gonna we're gonna give you a great rate there and take care of you for that weekend like a VIP Yeah, a VIP style again again, Now the hotel is three seventy five and night, how much would you how much would you expect or would you think that somebody who's like a big fan of the show that is coppying you to emails and yeah, introducing you to everybody else.
Speaker 3: So based on previous experience when I was but not a sponsor, and this was not anything that we ever did on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is just just just based on prior experience living that life and being involved in that world where people, you know, you go to restaurants, they take care of you whatever I would say, just to cover costs and housekeeping, you know, and any incidentals. I'm thinking on a three seventy five, like.
Speaker 3: You would think one.
Speaker 2: Something like that. I was thinking they gave less. I was thinking, like, you know what ninety nine, you know, two hundred dollars maybe to to and change. Yeah, take take some money to a VIP situation and treatment. Like oh, we were all right, so.
Speaker 3: Ten, like, we're happy to give you a our special rate of three twenty.
Speaker 2: What what you got the Torvago price? I was like, you got KAYAKT and oh wait no no, but no this weekning the pop Brody, They're gonna give me.
Speaker 3: They're gonna give me. Oh, they're gonna waive the resort fee for me. Oh the resort fee, the made up bullshit feed.
Speaker 2: Right, the fee that's the invisible fee that they don't really need to charge, but they charged that just to jack the price. They took fifty five dollars off for someone that they know is in the media with a huge social media following.
Speaker 3: Well, well, no, hold on that. They can figure it out. I'm sure they looked you up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they they they went to all this trouble at copy and CC and bringing the manager and the regional guy. Yeah, oh we got a wet.
Speaker 3: VP and they said, oh we know it.
Speaker 2: It gets better though, they said we're also going to guess what We're going to upgrade your room upon availability.
Speaker 3: So it's oh, is a nice basket?
Speaker 2: Now wait a second, slight listen, slice, I should out them, but no slice and never going to hold up before we go any further. I know the slices are like, f you scary, you shouldn't be getting all these perks like because I know the slices are not They're not going to side with me on this no matter what we say. That's why it's kind of a rock and a hard place. You know, we don't want to tell you this on the podcast because it's it's just bougie. It's a boogie thing, first world problems. Here's what I want to say as a man of the people. Fifty five dollars is a lot of money. It is in the grand scheme of things. Fifty five dollars is not going to get any any you know, mercy five dollars off is great. I mean, it's it's still fifty five bucks for scary. That's an appetizer. But my point is in the grand scheme of the way people in media and the way the way this woman acted and the way she made it like oh, we're gonna get all these people involved. It gives the impression at least forty percent off, you know, fifty.
Speaker 3: Something you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I find it laughable fifteen percent off roughly, And I'm not being ungrateful, but it just seems odd to go to all that hoopla to come back with like three twenty. It just seems like that's like, that's like if you go and the ice machines broken, they go, all right, we'll charge you three twenty. Like that's like, that's the least that's like the least off I've ever liked. I feel I feel like they hate me. I feel like we don't like this guy very much. Let's give him the old. I feel like they found out you don't pay for flat tires and just buy new tires because you have the tire package.
Speaker 3: So three twenty they figure with the potential, with.
Speaker 2: The potential to upgrade if there's available availability, and and I waved resort fee, Brody, I still gotta pay taxes on that though. You know what I would say, I would of course say thank you and to be appreciated of them, Yes I did, That's what I did. That seems that seems that seems a little chintzy to me. That seems a little like, I don't know, like you know what. I I'd rather they come back and say there's nothing we can do. Yeah, that my case, I'll take the fifty five. But in your case, I feel like, you know, two fifty two seventy five, take one hundred dollars off something.
Speaker 3: Saying something fifty five three twenty seems like an automount.
Speaker 2: And then and then they're like, oh so so maybe maybe when we get there, they'll you know, they'll throw on a nnity in. Hey, here's a bottle of wine or something or whatever, complimentary lounge chairs because a couple of cabana or something salty, love love corn.
Speaker 3: I'd like a cabana for the day. That'll be great.
Speaker 2: But well, that's odd. You're probably ten percent off, right. I thought you'd find that funny. I thought you'd to this hotel. If you go to this hotel, well, I'm certainly not gonna I'm not gonna do social media for them. F them and then I getting there, you're not gonna me but not slices. You know how difficult it is, scary is gonna go to like a resort, hotel, a fancy hotom vacation. Yeah, oh my god, I'm driving myself crazy. I'm gonna need a street.
Speaker 3: You should go to the hotel across the street and film there. Yeah, now we're talking like, oh, I'm.
Speaker 2: Over at the Plaza delt whatever across the street from this place is awesome. Just when you go to this hotel, scary. Just act don chalant, don chalan. Hey, I'm going to a hotel this weekend. Of course you are find out with the with the Morning Show where we're going to Universal Orlando Resort and we're gonna be broadcasting from there Monday. But this is gonna be the first tom well one of the second time ever that I'm going to be out of town for the Super Bowl. I think I might have mentioned it last time last week, but uh yeah, I'm not. I'm not gonna be here.
Speaker 3: Sucks.
Speaker 2: But you're gonna be watching it. You're gonna be like a hobnobbin with the coworkers and out partying and not watching the game.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, we're gonna we're gonna watch it.
Speaker 2: I think we may well, you know, kind of ransack Elvis's room, kind of bum rush Elvis's room.
Speaker 3: And oh, because you know he'll have the game on.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I mean we'll.
Speaker 3: Force it on it.
Speaker 2: I mean it's an event. Come on. And and do you uh I had a question about about that. Do you do you believe in any of these betting on any of these prop bets about Taylor Swift?
Speaker 3: You know how many times.
Speaker 2: They're gonna show her will if they if the Chiefs win, will Travis proposed to her on the field. Definitely not going to propose to her on the field. That's tacky, not not if like slices of you did it, it's a non starter. Yeah, he's not gonna propose after a loss. No, I don't think. I don't think celebrities do that. That's what Yeah, that's what non celebrities do. I mean, I'm not saying no celebrities do that, but I don't think. I don't think that's this. How long is the national anthem gonna be? Is it gonna be two minutes and twelve seconds? I see twelve? It's fun to do that. I don't gamble that much, so I don't do those, but it's fun. I used to like buy a box every once in a while. Yeah, and I would always get like two and five yo, and then you're out. I'm in a football pool where where the final prize is a role all the way. If I had a football pool, I wouldn't let you in it. Why because it's a pool. Because it's a pool. So me and three of my buddies are splitting oh eight, the three buddies and I. Three of my buddies and me are splitting A, A and I. We're all splitting a box one box in one box. Your chief basketball well, which is the grand prize is a Rolex watch and the box. The boxes were five hundred dollars each, so you don't wear a watch?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the cost? How are the three of you are gonna split a Rolex?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a great question. What are you wearing from like midnight to five?
Speaker 1: And then he the next guy wears We realize it that that was the final prize and if so, if if our box gets picked, how the fuck Well, obviously we would find out the cash val watch, have to sell the watch and have to get cash in it, which means you probably get seventy five percent of the full value of the watch.
Speaker 3: No one's gonna pay any more than that without a warranty.
Speaker 2: Shit, I don't know. Screw myself over, by the way, I've always found the role X to be the biggest waste of money. And I'll tell you why I do not own one. Do you No? It just says to me, David Brody, you think I'm gonna pay for a Rolex watch? Maybe it's when when I called it's the biggest waste of money.
Speaker 3: R O L e c ks.
Speaker 2: You own one of those? No, I do not. I believe in spending money on things that work better if you spend more money on them. The best watch, Rolex watch is gonna tell time the same as a cheap watch that tells time. Yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 3: You can't tell time better?
Speaker 2: Now? Does it look better? Yeah? Sure?
Speaker 3: Then I bang it in a doorway when I'm walking through a door and I close my card door.
Speaker 2: I've never been into jewelry. Do you know That's the one thing about Scary Jones that people don't know. I don't own a jewelry rngew jewelry, jewelry whatever it is, no jewelry, jewelry, jewelry. Well, I don't own any jewelry. I don't I don't I don't have chains. I got one chain.
Speaker 3: You don't have a horn?
Speaker 2: No, I don't own it.
Speaker 3: I don't own any across from when you were a kid.
Speaker 2: Now. I have a couple of watches, but they're not like you know, they're not conversation piece, a wedding rings. I know that I don't have an ap my ap going psycho. I don't have a wedding ring now, I got no watches like that. Not to that. You don't. You don't have a college ring or a high school ring. I had I have those, but with that, who wears their high school ring? No, wait a minute, you're an Italian from Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: You never had a go chain?
Speaker 2: Nope, never owned one, never owned a pinky ring. I don't own I own nothing. I own nothing, And maybe I'm weird that way, but no, I don't know. I don't think.
Speaker 3: Jewelry except for my my wedding ring.
Speaker 2: The thing is the only jewelry I really have. I have cuff links if you consider those jewelry, not really so No, I'm not a jewelry person either. Got no use for a rolex or anything like that, or, as the girls in the old neighbor used to say, jewelerry. That's how I say it, But it's not jewelry. Jeweler is someone who sells jewelry. Jewel Yeah. No. The last time I was away for the Super Bowl was we were We were in the Bahamas, Brody, we were try that was Giant's Patriots Patriot Conference room, and that was the famous helmet eleven, the Tyree helmet catch that was eleven. Well, that one might have been two thousand and eight seven seven eleven, I think years. Yeah, well it was, I think it was two thousand and seven.
Speaker 3: Whatever, it's not. The point is we saw both of them. I think we were there for both of them.
Speaker 2: Are we were we I don't know they have been Yeah, yeah, but yeah, but in Atlanta, it's gonna be weird being out of town.
Speaker 3: But what else?
Speaker 2: What else you want to cover? We have a couple of some downtime here. Did we finally come to the end of Netflix? Is that? Oh? Hilarious? I just started watching Severance, which came out three years ago, and it is a creepy, weird show and the first episode may be claustrophobic, like I got.
Speaker 3: I felt like that.
Speaker 2: I felt like my room was closing in on me when I was watching it. It's a very unusual show. But I'm enjoying it, Like I'm up to the third episode.
Speaker 3: I'm enjoying it. But it's fucking weird. Let me ask you a questions, scar Let me see you.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: You would never do this? You know what Severance is about? I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't watch you know me. I have a couple of things that I've watched recently. But okay, it's not a spoiler. This is this is actually the plot of Severance. Severance refers to being severed. So people who volunteer for this either that their lives are miserable or they whatever the.
Speaker 3: Case, Okay, they agree to a procedure.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to tell you what it is, but because I don't give it anyway, it's a procedure that when you walk into work, you go into an elevator, and as you're going down the elevator, your complete mind shuts off and turns back on as an employee of the company, and you don't no longer remember anything about your outside world, or as they call it, an audi So you live eight hours a day not remembering your outside world. If you have family, nothing you have no pictures, nothing. You can't write yourself a note. They've got detectors on the elevator that read any lettering or writing. You can't write, write yourself a note to your Inny. So people work and they do this job. It's a very weird job. And then they get back on the elevator and then halfway going up the elevator, their mind snaps and they come back and now they only know their outside life and they have no remembrance of their workday. So they have two separate people. So imagine you went home, you wouldn't remember work looking at the radio station. Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, So they live two separate lives.
Speaker 2: Almost completely different lives, two completely different lives. And so it's a show about like people who volunteer. Like one guy, his wife died or she left him and he wanted to like forget about his misery for eight hours a day, and so he goes and he does this, and he goes in the elevator and then he forgets and he's this other guy.
Speaker 3: He does his job.
Speaker 2: He's got friends at work, never sees them again, leaves, goes home, doesn't know the people he works with, doesn't remember what he does for a living.
Speaker 3: He has no clue.
Speaker 2: That's cool. That sounds actually like something I may be into. Really, so when you come home, you wouldn't be able to podcast. You wouldn't remember anything about work. No, I mean watching the show. Oh oh like doing it.
Speaker 3: No, it's an interesting concept. I would never do it.
Speaker 2: It would drive me crazy, Like I would like, oh, I guess I want to go back. Like there's somebody in the show again, it's not spoiling anything. Who hates their job initially, yeah right, and they're like, I want to go home.
Speaker 3: I quit.
Speaker 2: They're like, you can't quit. Your outside person signed you up for this, and so they leave, but then don't remember hating their jobs. You'll go back to work. That's hysterical. Well, maybe I'll get into that. But I did. I did find some good TV that I highly recommend. I wanted to recommend to the slices because you know me, I don't watch TV. F the guy who doesn't watch TV very much. Yeah, well I I saw I finally after a year, saw the roast of Tom Brady. That was fucking hilarious. Slices, you gotta watch that. It is a little it's a long so so definitely fast forward through. But who was on that The female comedian, Oh my god, I missing. I can't even think of her name.
Speaker 3: She killed it. She crushed it so much that I forgot her name. Brodie's looking it up.
Speaker 2: But she was great. Also, the Jerry Springer story. The Jerry Springer is like three episodes. It's an easy watch. Holy shit, behind the scenes of how that came together, and the producer and the people behind the scenes, and how evil they were in wrapping these people up to go on live TV and do the things that they did. These were real people, by the way, not actors. So yeah, there's crazy the way that show was in its heyday, how insane it was behind the scenes, and how they got away with what they got away with, totally totally up a lot of people's alleys.
Speaker 3: I would I would recommend that one and all the shows that that aired. Like six months ago, you're breaking news with.
Speaker 2: No no, no, not breaking news. It's catching up. Did you see get Gotti.
Speaker 3: From I get? I guess there's a couple of years old.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: It's all about the mobsters, John John John Gotti.
Speaker 2: But it's with Travolta, Is it with Travolta, isn't it. Travalta was played Gotty in one movie, No No, this.
Speaker 3: Is a real life bio pick. It was like a documentary.
Speaker 2: It's about the rise and fall of him and how they wire tapped his ravenite social club things and all the and how the Hole mafia went down in because because of wiretaps and some people who you know, sang like canaries.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that was fascinating to me. It's very it's a very New York story. What if I said, Nikki, would that help you? Nicki Glazer? Nicki Glazer, she is brilliant and finally you know.
Speaker 2: She's rejuvenated her career based because of that roast. Yeah, oh that She's on a huge tour now, she's getting gigs and sponsorships. She's done a lot of attention because of how great she was. I mean, she was funny before that, but you know, she was in a sea of comedians she she blasted out, which.
Speaker 3: She crushed a lot of them too.
Speaker 2: And I saw the Saturday Night Live movie Saturday Night which is terrific.
Speaker 3: You saw that, Oh, I saw it the day came out.
Speaker 2: You know, it's and obviously with SNL having its fiftieth anniversary coming up and where I'm excited for him coming up next week.
Speaker 3: I loved every second of that. Now, I don't know how much.
Speaker 2: Terrific was you know a stretch you know, for for just for film, because again obviously that was a reenactment, but they changed some things about the way Belushi walked out on his contract was slightly different. They fudged a couple of things. They made it sad of it from from what the actual people who were in you know, project projected or trade in the movie said, it's pretty close. Yeah, okay, Well, and the way they I mean, the guy who played Chevy Chase looked exactly like Chevy Chase, a young Chevy guy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The guy who played Dan Ackroyd was fantastic, Billy Crystal, all of them, all of them. It was amazing.
Speaker 2: And if you want to see how that show came together or how it almost didn't, because I would say, if you remember that cast and remember that time, it's it's it's a phenomenal movie. If you don't like remember the old cast and the old whatever, it's still very good.
Speaker 3: It's very interesting.
Speaker 2: Well, what I found fascinating is is that those NBC execs were in the studio that night and then they were they were ready to just cut. I mean, is it giving anything away? I mean, well, no one knows how it turned out. Everywhere every they were ready to cut to a repeat of the of the Johnny Carson Tonight Show because that was what was running Monday through Friday.
Speaker 3: So they had it.
Speaker 2: They had it ready in the studio to run that instead of going live on set.
Speaker 3: And that's one of those things that may have been fudged, but it may they may have done.
Speaker 2: And who knows.
Speaker 3: No, they had that as a backup. I did read that in a book.
Speaker 2: And well, the Carson party, they embellished a little bit when he called him a phone call. Yeah, the phone call was a little bit embellished from what people are saying.
Speaker 3: But again, it's a great movie. Just enjoy the movie.
Speaker 2: Watch it go. I would say watch that, especially especially with SNL. And those were the original sketches because I went to go then watch the first episode of SNL and those were the sketches that were in the.
Speaker 3: Show that night.
Speaker 2: Tremendous, It's a fantastic movie. The cast thing is is outrageously good. So tremendously good. Look at that.
Speaker 3: I'm doing TV and I fucking hate TV. Look at him.
Speaker 2: I caught reviews from SKA.
Speaker 3: Well one of them is a movie.
Speaker 2: I got nothing to do.
Speaker 3: I can't. I can't go out and eat.
Speaker 2: I'm depriving myself, sitting here doing my doctor fablos die and I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't drink. I can't try. January is over for your for your your girlfriend now.
Speaker 2: Yeah she's back up, back to drinking. But I can't go to restaurants. I can't participate in social life. Go to a healthy restaurant.
Speaker 3: No, I can't fuck that. But can't you go in order something healthy? Go down a piece of fish.
Speaker 2: I sit around watching Netflix. Order the Bronzinoy, order the Bronzio. Tell them Scary Jones sent you. That's right, that's all we got to get ten five dollars off. We'll see you next week on Slice Time.
Speaker 3: Then yes, right, bysys