Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 3: We are so so sorry about this game tonight, but he.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: We're here one forty nine to one oh six.
Speaker 2: OKC dropped forty five in the first quarter, forty two in the second quarter, eighty seven points the most points scored and a play for and a half of a playoff game. And then they dropped another thirty seven for good measure in the third quarter, and we knew it was over. Well, we knew it was over in the first quarter, but we had to watch anyway. But we thank you for joining us for Nightcap. I am your favorite on Shanna Sharp, my partner and co host, The Liberty City Legend, the Bengal Ring of Fame, Monter Reed, the Pro Bowler, pet Pey, That's O Choe Sinko Johnson, and all the way from Arkansas, Little Rock, Arkansas. That is I'm the University of Arkansas. I Sold Joe Johnson. Joe, thank you for joining us to talk all things basketball. Please make sure you hit the subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feeding wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's nice like this that we really really appreciate you because the game will all blowout and here you are tuning in to hear us talk about this ball game. We can't thank you enough for your support and you'll continue support all things shay Shape Media, Nightcap Club, shay Shape, Laportier and Merch eighty four. Check out Shade by Laportier Premium bsop, the best premium bsop on the market. Thank you guys for the support so far. We greatly greatly appreciate that. Now, if you cannot find Shape by Laportier in a city or a state near you.
Speaker 3: Order it online. We'll ship it directly to your door. Please drink responsibly and stay safe.
Speaker 2: Go follow my media company page on all of its platforms, shay Shape Media and my Colbelding Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, So please grab yours while supplies last. Tickets for our Not Safe for Work Tour our own Sale eight stops golds as followers followed Baltimore, Philly, Charlotte, La, Miami, New York, Chicago. We closed things out in Detroit. Tickets can be found at Shayshap Media dot com slash tour shayshapmedia dot com slash tour. Get your tickets now and come out and check your boy o Choe and unk out before we get into this exciting game. The thunder pommel, the whoa, uh, it's been a while, you know what I remember, Joe. I don't know if you remember this old shoe h in game four, Uh in twenty seventeen. I think that was the first year KD was in Golden State. In Game four, Cleveland dropped eighty six in the first half against against Golden State, and it kind of reminded me of this situation Like this most points in the first half of a playoff game in NBA history. I thought they had an outside a chance to break the Celtics record, because if I'm not mistaken, I think in a game too, the Celtics scored one to fifty seven against the Knicks. Now, they weren't the same Celtics that you know they were winning championships in the eighty but they were still a good team. They had started the age, but they dropped it. Did a number on the Knicks Shae Gilgers. Alexander was sensational, and they showed you why he's going to win the MVP. Thirty three points in thirty minutes, eight assists, eleven of thirteen. He was perfect from the field pre throw line eleven of eleven. I don't know if I've ever seen a stat like this. Joe plus fifty one and plus minus plus fifty one plus minus, Chat Honer plus thirty four, Jaylen Williams plus twenty three, Isaiah Hartenstein plus nineteen, Shae plus fifty one, Lou Dort plus thirty four.
Speaker 3: They had eight guys in double figures.
Speaker 2: Everybody, if you touched the floor for the OKC Thunder, you scored in this basketball game. Have a matter of fact, Hell, I wish I were in attendance by Hey, I wore by some George they about today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, Sga is the first.
Speaker 2: Check this out, Joe, the highest plus minus in playoff history since the play by play era. Sga is the first player this century century to belee plus fifty in a playoff game, and he did it in three quarters. Joe, I mean, we got to talk about it, but it damn sure. He must to talk about I mean from the look, this is how you make amend.
Speaker 3: You don't deal it down there around You let one slip away.
Speaker 2: The other night you had the game and control and you bulldived around and you let them get You miss.
Speaker 3: Two free throws.
Speaker 2: At the end, bron rebounds, the ball, passes out the Russ. Russ gets to the head of Aaron Gordon. He knocks down to three and you lose a game. They didn't do well on it. All they did was come out here and drop one forty nine and say, you know what, that was an operation. You're gonna have need to be on your best behavior if you want to get rid of us. When you watch this team play tonight, what impressed you most about the thunder Man just how poised and resilient they were to start the game.
Speaker 3: They came out with that desperation that you.
Speaker 2: Need, you know what I mean, Like, we know we wonder won in game one, but we can't let we can't let this from game two get by. So I thought they came out man with so much energy and they just fed off it. Now Shade Levin for thirteen, I thought he kind of got off to a great start. He got off to a great start, putting pressure on the defense, getting into the teeth of the defense, not only getting his own but making plays for others. And the one thing I love about OKC, man, not only did they control pretty much the whole game, but man, they so un selfish and play for one another.
Speaker 3: They look like so much fun, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Oh man, they were moving that ball, but they know when it's time to get it to their money.
Speaker 3: They get it to their money, which is shade.
Speaker 2: And I love how you get to the spots sunk and oltr he get to it and he raised up and shoot.
Speaker 3: Ain't nothing you can do about it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So tonight, collectively from a team standpoint, they always hit on all cylinders. Everybody was shooting pretty much, you know, in the high fifties or you know, from the field. I thought they'd done a great job tonight, you know, just really bouncing back knowing that they had to win this game too.
Speaker 3: About the girl to go on the road to Denver like.
Speaker 2: This, This was a pivotal win for them. Nicola Jokic had his worst night minus thirty six plus minus lowest plus plus minor physicist career. He had six files, six turnovers. He had six buckets. I agree with you. I thought everybody came out with with a system of urgency, with a purpose.
Speaker 3: They are they unselfish.
Speaker 2: They only had nine turnovers, but they turned the nuggets over twenty times. And when you turn a team over that many times, you can get some easy buckets. You get easy buckets. And all of a sudden, you got the crowd into the game and they didn't stop every everything. I mean, they got so many easy shots, you cashe was eleven or thirteen.
Speaker 3: Hartenstein six of seven, Jaylen Williams six.
Speaker 2: Of eleven, one of two, one of one, one of I mean yeah, I mean you got the role players coming in. But for the most part, at one point in time, they were shooting fifty nine sixty percent.
Speaker 3: From the floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just you let a team shoot sixty percent from the floor, You let a team shoot over forty percent from the three, and you let it shoot a team shoot over ninety percent from the pre throw line.
Speaker 3: This is what you're gonna get, O Joe.
Speaker 2: If y'all like you got a guy throws for three hundred, he got a two hundred yard Russia and to receiver withs over one hundred yards. Well, they're gonna have Debiel, They're gonna have forty plus points. Yeah, oh Joe, you look at your nuggets one hundred and six points. Considering how well they played to come back and win that game, what did it? What was most disappointed about what you saw from the Nuggets?
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously they allowed Sga to set the tone. I mean the entire team. There was really nothing Nigga do it was, there was really nothing. Yogis obviously had a bad night. Yogis had a bad night. Porter didn't do much. Aaron Gordon, he ain't done much of this series. We go ahead, he hasn't. But I think it's not what the Nuggets can do. But it's what it's what it is. What okayc did? They came out on fire, boy, they came out on fire, and they understood, you know what, there was no reason we were supposed to let that first game.
Speaker 3: Y'all was supposed to win the first game. We come in here, We for the player around, We for the bull drive around.
Speaker 1: We Fina set the tone earlier and everything coming, everything starting stops. Well, g man, he sent the tone right away on how eleventh he was eleventh, eleven from the line. Then he left for thirteen the field goals. Then he had man, he was a fishing all night. Then you got the bench, the goddamn bench going crazy.
Speaker 3: Joe. Yeah, the boys.
Speaker 1: Coming in, they scoring, So I mean, I don't think there was anything that nothing could have done to win this game tonight.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is is that he's the head of the snake, and so when he goes all of a sudden, he see a couple of shots go in. Everybody saw a couple of shots go in. She got off to a really great start start. He a tone for those two free throws. I'm sure he'd like to have those back, but unfortunately you don't get those backs. He was perfect from the free throw line. I mean they was thirty three or thirty six. So even though they shot, they shot thirty six threes. Thirty six from thirty six free throw attempts tell me their extres still extremely aggressive, Joe. Because when you shoot that many threes, that's telling me you are extremely aggressive. Even though you still got thirty plus three point shots up, you got thirty six attempts from the free throw line. So I'm not settling heat, Boston. We're gonna get to you in just a second. Them putting pressure on the defense, Hey, you're gonna have to slide, continuously slide. And guess what the on the glass? They were on the glass tonight they get second chance. They were diving on the floor, they were getting loose balls. They were not going to let this game slip by them tonight, and they won the ball game. I thought they were gonna win by fifty, have another fifty point win, because if I'm not mistaken, they beat Memphis I think the first game by fifty plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and looked like they were about to have another one. But when you.
Speaker 2: Score forty forty five, forty two thirty seven, that game was over. I mean, by the time your starter is gonna be set down, but it will be chilling because what SGA played thirty minutes. Nobody else played more than thirty minutes. SGA played the most. Hongern played twenty six, Jalen Williams played twenty six, Hartenstein played twenty two, lou Dort played twenty seven, and then you got your role players playing twelve the most. I say, Joe, he played seventeen he had fourteen points. But that's good because the next game is what Saturday? I think the next game is Saturday. So now you get a head start on rest, you get recovered. The guy's probably with you know, pat ice on their knees in the ankles to start, and now you get two days off, so they're gonna huh oh the game is Friday. Okay, what hell? This was the easy game for them. This was the easy left. This was like a shoot around, yeah, because it was okay. See, this is good for them, though, you know, a good confidence booster getting ready to go on the road. You know, playing in Denver, it's gonna be a tough atmosphere, you know. You know, Denver was gonna play a lot better at home. You know, hopefully he plays better him and Gordon.
Speaker 3: I'm not so sure. I wouldn't start Russ. I mean I've seen that.
Speaker 2: I mean, at some point in time, you gotta get I gotta get more out of him, Joe. I mean, I'm getting zero points, I'm getting two points in the first half.
Speaker 3: That's not enough.
Speaker 1: But don't you think it's better to have Russ coming off the bench to give you that energy, that spark.
Speaker 2: I know you're giving that energy, but he's given you energy. You're so far in the hole. Yeah, yeah, you see what I'm saying, because you see you spotted him. I mean, you have a two enough to lead and the next thing you know you're down is twenty to four, and the next thing you know, it's thirty, it's thirty six to twelve.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're gonna do that though, Okay, oh yack, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Then they don't keep Westbrook come off the bench because of his his spark, you know, his emotional leadership that he brings. They need that. They don't need him in that starting line up. I'm sorry, I don't want to see him in the starting lineup. I want to see him continue to come off the bench. But I think if you denver Man, you gotta kind of just ball this on up and throw it out the window. Brot want to watch him, Ben Joe, you can't even watch film on this and we down. I mean, it ain't there's no pluses that you could take away from it. You just gotta you just gotta be happy with the fact that you went to ok see, you won the first game, you got one, so to me, it kind of looked like they just kind of, you know, they they were it looked like they were satisfied with that side.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what they looked like.
Speaker 2: They were kind of satisfied a little bit as I'm watching it, because they ain't had that that bite, that bite back of the sense of urgency that you need to compete on the road. And I'm like, man, being down fifty on the road, that's crazy in the playoffs, Like I've never seen it like that.
Speaker 3: Like, okay, credit for this moment. Mm hmm. I know I young and Joe, I know it's really early.
Speaker 1: But the Thunder official and now themselves as a legit finals threat or do you still think them is gonna come out with the series?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: They been?
Speaker 3: Did that?
Speaker 2: I mean, you don't win as many games as they won and not be a serious contender. They're still the youngest team in the NBA. But if you look at this, ohto, they've beaten a lot of teams like this in the regular season.
Speaker 1: But it's a se game series, though it's different, it's the playoffs seven game series. Can they can they continue to do this throughout throughout the series? Though tonight no nobody can do that. This is I mean, there's a reason why. Think about what they did. Think about what you just said. Can they continuously do this? But yeah, can they continuously? They won sixty seven games for a reason. They beat the best teams in the NBA, and they beat them decisively. If you look at that plus that plus margin of victory, it's been sensational. It's been one of the best in NBA history.
Speaker 2: So absolutely, they've been announced themselves because if you think about it, last year they kind of underperformed because a Luka and Kyrie did a number on them. They're really young, they're still the youngest team in the NBA, but they're absolutely you know what you're gonna get. They got those two bigs and they got the MVP. Now, Jalen Williams had his best game, but if you think about it, he still didn't shoot. He wasn't that efficient. He's better than he's an All Star. He's better than what he's been showing in the postseason. So what happens when he gets it going. This was Shaye's best game that Shaye had played some games, but he was shooting forty one percent coming into this. Get what forty percent forty one point seven. So now this is more like the shade we're used to seeing a guy that can give you thirty or fifty plus percent shooting, that's what we're used to seeing. Yeah, him playing like that. No, do I think they're gonna get the one forty nine nine? Probably not? But do I think they can play it? Just even if you don't score one forty nine, you can still play well and not get one forty nine. You can play well and get one twenty one, twenty five, one thirty, but you have I mean, think about o Jo. That's the most points in NBA history and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, so the NBA they going on for seventy seven per cent down in eighty years. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the Nuggets, Nuggets, the Nuggers team, they don't have nothing to be worried about. Nuggas fans. Is it a bag, it's just a bad Is this a bad game? Or should they be worried? They should be worried there, I mean, the thunder was the number one seed. Point.
Speaker 2: Reason this is they're not a fluke, They're not this this is this has been this has been building. Yeah, and it goes you know, last year where they probably was a year early. Right, they've ride, They've arrived, they believe.
Speaker 3: I think they they.
Speaker 2: Definitely have arrived, but uh, you know they've been tested because now they got to go on the road to play against a tough Denver team, and they have to win in Denver. They gotta want to get their home court back. They gotta win, want to get their home court back. So, uh, look, I think coming into this series with okay See being off for such time, uh in Denver, you know, going through that grueling seven game series with the Clippers, they came in with a little momentum and uh you think they kind of hit okay See in the mouth and it shocked them. Now I think they, you know, took a step back, but today they took a step forward as far as you know, regaining their confidence coming out playing ok See basketball, playing that the pressed up, dolled up defense from start to finish. I mean, this this was an awesome game by okay See. And it's just you know, momentum going in the Game three and them the Knicks storm back to beat the Celtics. The Knicks are going to lead in the number two seed Boston Celtics twenty point come back consecutive days. This is the first time this has happened and the playoffs since the tracking started in nineteen ninety eight. Jalen Brunson again, nine points, three or six, two or two from the free throw line the Knick I mean, huh, seventeen points. Oh, this is fourth This is a fourth quarter station.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: The Knicks have scored two hundred and twenty six points in the fourth quarters this postseason. This is the most by any team. There's a reason, the reason why Jalen Brunson won the Clutch Award.
Speaker 3: He's that.
Speaker 2: But I thought the guy that really saved them was Michael Bridges. Mcial Bridges had no points and in the fourth quarter he goes and gets fourteen. And the Celtics not gonna learn. You keep saying that they won the championship. At some point in time, They're gonna realize. You see what happens when the threes don't fall point lead and you keep shooting breeze. The last thing you know, if the twelve point lead, if an eight point lead, and now all of a sudden they got a one point lead or three point lead on you.
Speaker 3: Well, hold on.
Speaker 1: I gotta I gotta question, Joe. Listen, if you live and die by the three, at what point do you make adjustments? Isn't that on the head coach? If you if you know you have a team, you have players that can play, you have offensive players that you can run, and you stellly just chucking up three and they're not going in the point, do you call the time out and change some.
Speaker 2: Much ojo ojo. They ain't got nothing to do with Joe Missoula. They ain't got nothing to do with the coach. I put the honest and blame on Tatum and Brown. You know, yes, because they are the most talented duo that we have in the NBA right now. Nobody can guard them too. It took it took them halfway through the first quarter before Jalen Brown decided to go mid posts. And you know he got an an one from the mid post. He be shide the ball, got an an one, come right back down. He in the midpost again, he scored another bucket. Well, that kind of got him going. Then next thing, you know, he and his bag to start off, he got off. I think he got off to a great start. He was ready.
Speaker 3: Well, man, it's like, then, what happened, Joe?
Speaker 2: They start jacking up threes. It's like, start gotting up all these threes. I'm like, bro, y'all gotta keep going to the wheel, you know, keep getting water from there, man, Like, keep milking that because even though New York got some wings that can guard, I don't.
Speaker 3: I just don't think.
Speaker 2: I think if Tatum, I think Tatum and brown got another level they can go to, and I think they just letting them dudes off the hook man going with them, step back, jump shots.
Speaker 3: Let me do something, ten eleven, twelve, fifteen threes a game.
Speaker 2: O own your win in the playoffs, man, Like, I expect, you know, the best, the cream, the rise to the top as far as talent wise, and I look forward to Tatum and Brown man starting to get to that cup. Bro, Like, you can't keep selling for all these threes. You know, the MIDI I always talk about the mid range game, but it's always open because they got a lot of their bad And what we gotta do is give New York a lot of credit. Dog, giving New York a lot of credit for them guys sitting down, switching on defense and just playing man to make good one on one man the man defense and making them.
Speaker 3: Dudes take tough shots that when you look at it.
Speaker 2: McHale Bridges in Game two, in the fourth quarter he was sensation of fourteen points. All of its points came in the fourth quarter. He had seven rebounds, five assistant, two steals. But like you said, Jason Tatum five of twenty from the field, Jaylen Brown eight of twenty three from the field, two or seven from the three.
Speaker 3: One to five.
Speaker 2: Al Horford has been bad the first two games. Al Horford has been bad, you know, and you see, this is the cat I've been asking for.
Speaker 3: What did he do with Joe? He took a big butt down to the posts. They gave it to as Yeah, yeah, yeah. He was selling for no threes.
Speaker 2: He shouldn't seller for the three he attempted one three tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah one. He was aggressive.
Speaker 2: This is see, this is cat Carl Anthon the towns like to shoot threes. Try like to get his big butt down of the block and punish folk they got. Nobody can guard him. Don't let us off the hook. Yeah yeah, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 1: Say, oh hey, cat, cat control the interior man against the Celtics all game long. He out rebounded the Knicks. I mean, hold on, he he out rebounded the Knicks. I mean the Knicks. He out really rebounded the Celtics. Damn there all by itself. Yeah, thing seventeen that I still don't understand, Joe and un I don't understand when we go when we play two halves, right and we going the halftime, the first thing we do if something not working are what we normally do.
Speaker 3: We scrap it, we go to something else.
Speaker 1: So y'all to sitting here telling me this is the way they played and they gonna live and die by the three.
Speaker 3: Well, something got to change because this is looking y'all told me, both of y'all told me that the Celtics was gonna win this series, and the way he's looking right now, it's about to be a gentleman sweep the other guy there, white.
Speaker 2: O Joe, hold up, now, we do have to pause a little bit because this series ain't over. Bro Boston, I know, I know, I know, but down two that makes it that much more difficult. Yet, but they the best road team in the NBA. For whatever reason, they've been the best road team in the NBA and they play well on the road, whether it's just because it's just them players in their locker room. I don't know what it is, but they squandered away two games. So I look for assistant desperation coming from the Celtics when they go to New York. Now, New York gonna be live. The people are gonna be in there ready, Man, They're gonna be in the yeah and best legal act of the dawn for man. Man, it's gonna be looking to do the right thing. You'l days however, you want to say, if the fight go be on one, Yeah, a Joe, I'm glad you just said that.
Speaker 1: You said the Celtics now would be in an active desperation. So what's the first thing when a team that is definitely what's the first thing they're gonna do? Go to what they know how to do best?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Jack up three? And how does that work? The past two games? I got them, Joe, Joe, you said it, Joe.
Speaker 2: They were doing good to Joe, they were driving the ball, get the ball to the pay and then all of a sudden, I mean they got they got through like three offensive rebound yeah three, miss three, miss three, and then.
Speaker 3: Talk about I'm talking about it.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like in the second half, I could kind of feel it like just dwindling away.
Speaker 3: It's like, I don't know, man, New York.
Speaker 2: You know, in the fourth quarter especially, they just went into another gear and the only thing New York wanna do. They just want to hang around. Okay, oh Joe, that that stick round. They want to be They have a fighting chance with the last five fants of the game. And it's like from the Detroit series now to this series against Boston and you have kept themselves alive. Man, They've been down twenty points in both games on the road and you come back and in the fourth quarter under five minutes, you have a fighting chance.
Speaker 3: And every time they've came.
Speaker 2: Through and clutch moments, they made big plays defensively. Give Micheal Bridges his props because he's Josh. Get Josh Hart's credit to if I'm just speaking from Michale making these huge players at the end of the game one and the in the game too. Yep, yeah, I don't know. I got see what happens, oo cho. They had gotten so far the rhythm. See, the thing is when you take so many threes, you you've forgotten how to run set plays because all you do is used to jacket up threes. You put the high pick and guess what, launcher three? They get the switch larger three launcher three. So now in the fourth and now in the last final two minutes of the game, when you need something going to the basket, it's hard to get some. Now they got to had a great play with Jason Tatum. They got the high pick and he split it and he dunked the ball. They tried to run that same play, but oh g did a great job of sinking and.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't let it.
Speaker 2: So they had him, had him leveled off, and then they pushed him to the corner, and so he got there and there, and there's Mitchell Robinson and there's Michel Bridges. So they had it himed up and he really couldn't go anywhere. So he's looking to pass the ball mckal bridges deflected. They got it, throw it ahead. But that's what happens when you're used to jacket up for It's like a football game with all you're doing is used to run Atlanta. All they were used to doing was throwing the ball. Throwing the ball. Now, all of a sudden, O Joe you need to run the ball to take your time off the clock. Well, ain't got no running players on yo New England game? Yes, so because guess what in the second half you threw You ran the ball less than the New England and they were the one that was down twenty eighty three.
Speaker 3: So how is that possible?
Speaker 2: You got you a rush attempts and you up by twenty five, Ben the team that's down by twenty five. Make it make sense and you see what happens. Think about how they got the lead, got a twenty point lead. They running the ball? Who lay up Holiday doing what he's doing? The look they trying to get hollered. They trying to pick Holiday off of Brunson. They want they want to anybody else they try to get the.
Speaker 3: Match up with.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get the match up with Preaching if he's in there. They won't that matchup if they got Al Horford. Hey, Al, you busy committed to Hall as your quick and you see, brother, he has it. He got that handy, he ate he up faked.
Speaker 3: You jumped again. He going around you.
Speaker 2: Now if you sit hand down, Mark Jackson, if your hand down, man down.
Speaker 3: And he pulling.
Speaker 2: So look at some point in time it looks good, O Joe. They took and you're not Golden State. Jason Tatum and Jaylen Brown. You're not Golden State. You're not Stephan Clay. You're never gonna be known as the greatest shooting backcourt in the NBA history. It's not gonna happen. Hey, so I don't care. I don't care if you shoot a thousand and three each of you. By I mean you shoot a thousand. Uh, Derrick White shoot a thousand. That's three thousand free between those three players. Nobody is ever gonna confuse you three guys with Stephan Clay. It's not gonna happen. Man, Listen, we gotta get in New York credit though. Okay, oh Joe, you know still want to see the thing that's keeping out and they big, you know, limited is because when they run the pick and roll, they not doubling the ball, they're not doing nonheing. They switching and they make Nyalen Brown and Jason Tatum going to their bag. And you're gonna have to show us something the way if you can score thirty or forty one on one, Okay, cool, We're gonna deal with that. But the thing is Boston has had a hard time Jayalen Brown and Jason Tatum has had a tough time against Michal Bridges, Og, Josh Hart, josh O g. You know, even Cata sat down and guarded Tatum and Brown on multiple occasions.
Speaker 3: So you know, those dudes are not for the fight, man, They ain't playing. They come to win, and they've shown in both games just just such a gritty, gritty, tough team. Bro. They've been like that the whole year.
Speaker 2: And when you watch these dudes play, you look at they starting five and all the minutes that they they packing in.
Speaker 3: I'm like they log forty three.
Speaker 2: Michael Bridges had forty three to night, Og had thirty eight. Towns had thirty five, Bruns and had thirty eight. Josh Hart had forty three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just me, but Jaylen Brown got the loosest handles I've seen about NBA Super NBA star player, a guy that that's good. His handles shouldn't be that loose joke. Now, they shouldn't be a sixth turno. He had six turn over the day. Yeah, I mean, I'm talking about his handles. I mean, and it plagged him. You remember when they lost the Golden State. It was his handles. He kept getting the ball swipe. He couldn't score consistent. And Jason Tatum was even worse than Jaylen Brown, if you can believe that.
Speaker 3: But they fixed it. They right or wrong.
Speaker 2: They ended up winning a championship. But they better get in a The worst thing you can do is give a guy confidence. Man a goy knock you down in the fight.
Speaker 3: He might have.
Speaker 2: Oh he a heavy underdog. That's the And the longer you leave a guy round o Joe, Yeah, but more he thinking you beat you. That's what happened with Buster Douglas. See all of a sudden, Mike Tyson be getting out there in the first three and now we in deep water. I don't know how well you can swim. I know in the kiddy you can stand your ass up, and the water's only waist deep. I got your ass right here. Your feet can't touch the bottom. Hey, listen, New York. Don't play on coming back to Boston. Guy.
Speaker 3: They don't play no I do.
Speaker 1: They don't play it on its Listen, it's not looking good. I don't know how many Celtics fans we have in the chat that are watching. I would like to know in the chat if you feel like the Celtics have an opportunity or chance to come back, Please let me know. Please let me know, because based on what I've seen the past two games and the little bit of knowledge I know from watching the games the past two three years, it's not looking good.
Speaker 3: Chan, I know you mad, you're upset. Nixon five.
Speaker 2: Hey, think about the Celtic shot fifteen free throws. Now they've missed. They've missed seventy five threes in two games. Damn seventy five. They shot twenty five percent. They shot twenty five percent to night. Ask what did shoot the other night? On my they was fifteen or sixty.
Speaker 1: But hey, Joe, they're not gonna look like that the rest of the series, though they don't have a game with Derek White.
Speaker 3: You said they were to look like that. You said they were gonna look like this in game two. That's two games I said that they shot.
Speaker 2: Guess what they shot twenty five percent the first game. Yeah, I think I think the I think the Knicks making an emphasis. You know, I know they I know I know the Celtics missal a few wide opens. But I think the Knicks making an emphasis not to give up wide open. You know, too many wiles. Yes, right, they contested every year. Yeah, yeah, they're making it tough. Man. They're making them do his work now, you know, on both fans of the floor, and uh I'm not sure if it's taking their legs, but I'm Boston, do look a little hobble.
Speaker 3: They got the guys they you know, Tatum don't like he moving that great. Uhl.
Speaker 2: They don't look like he moving that great. But well, Holliday is just coming off that ham string, so I expect him to be. And you know, they're making it work. I mean the guard Brough, I mean he's taking all he got because brunts and a they running them off pigs and they keep picking him and doing all those things. They're gonna make you go side to side. Cat, this is what I'm talking about. Cat one three point attempt, he punished al on the block. They ended up having to put Jaylen Brown on him. But Jayl, Jayalen too small, You're too small. Heiland too small to Jason Tatum too small. They ain't got nobody to get deal with Cat if can't make up in his mind and This is what we've been asking Cat to do. See, this is what we asked Cat to do against Dallas last year. But no, he wanted to shoot threes. And the game that he went down on the block, they ended up winning.
Speaker 3: O Joe. But then guess what next gave me come back out there? Hold on, porzingis they can't make that justin and at the fatal See, he needs some he needs some cinder blocks in his back pocket. I know.
Speaker 1: Well, so you got to have somebody with some size and some length in order to deal with Cat. You're gonna get the same goddamn results.
Speaker 3: Hey look here, you not you not catching You not catching no tuna. Nok ain't pole. So cave pole is for brill cave for small catfish. But listen, hey, listen to what you just said. Joe.
Speaker 1: You're not even the coast for the Celtics. Matter of fact, hold on, you're not even the coast for the Knicks. But you just said what to do to win this series? Yeah, do the same thing they didn't. Got nobody to deal with deal with to deal with Cat, go back to old Go back to old schootball, Go back to those had the point guard have brush and bring it up and had got damn cat ass and that goddamn posts or at the instead.
Speaker 3: Of the topic.
Speaker 2: I think I think TIBs coach Tibbs, he like getting cat on the move on the goal, Like I don't think he really wanted to like stand still, you know what I mean, dumping it down that to him.
Speaker 3: Like, I know, they will do it, especially in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: They've done it quite a bit, you know, going down the stretch, but to start the game off, they trying to get it moving more pick and roll, picking pop, you know, things of that sort. But it's kind of Boston taking that that pick and pop away a little bit too because they switch everything as well on Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: They got the lead.
Speaker 2: Defend, you know, Al normally a better defender than that, but Darry White can defend. Holliday and Derrick White both was all on the All Defensive team. We saw Jaylen Brown do a great job on Luca last year in the playoffs. Al Horford is normally a better defending than what he's been showing these first two games.
Speaker 3: I think he'll pick that up.
Speaker 2: But the thing is is that, you know, like you said, you got to give the Nicks some credit the Niggs executing their offense, especially especially when the rubber needs to meet the role. This is that. Look, I don't want to hear how good your offense is or your defense is if you can't get done what you need to get done when you absolutely got to happen. We talk about this all the time, joein football, Oh, Jo, and I I said, yeah, man, they got the best offensive football, but they couldn't stay on the fielding on third down. They couldn't get a first down, They couldn't they couldn't get the ball in field goal range.
Speaker 3: Well, that don't tell me how good you are.
Speaker 2: Okay, my defense, they're giving up ten points a game, well, while you let them go right down the field and to score touchdown and win the game.
Speaker 3: So it doesn't matter what yours, your statistics say.
Speaker 2: It only matters can you get done what you need to get done when you absolutely have to have it, and right now when the Knicks need to get it.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they are offensively in the regular season.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they are defensively in the regular season, but I know this, when they need to get stops, they get them.
Speaker 3: I know when they need to get buckets.
Speaker 2: They get it. It's really that simple. I mean, we can make sports as complicated as we want to. We can talk about the one you know, we could do one flap, you know, one flour. We can do the picking pop and we can do all we can do all this, we can do flopping, we can do pinning downs, and we can do players. Call it whatever you want. Can you put the ball in the bucket when you need to? Can you stop them from putting the ball in the bucket when they need to? And right now, one team can put the ball in the bucket when they need to, and stop the team from putting in the bucket when they need to, and the other team can't.
Speaker 3: It's really that simple. Yeah, I want to play that. I want to play that Azata real quick, go ahead, Uncle Joe.
Speaker 1: So think about this now. I'm assuming at some point that the Celtics is gonna play well, right, Derek White, gonna beyond Jayden Brown from beyond. Tatum's gonna show up and do it, do it he's used to doing, right. But what happens if they go in the Knicks win Game three? What happens just just so happened? They still a game.
Speaker 2: Winning four three. Because you said, O Joe, you said, what happened when the Celtics played well? What happened when the next play well? The next shot forty three percent, They shot twenty nine percent from the three? What make it seem like they playing well? They're not okay? But I'm just saying. That's why I said, let me let's play Devil get Advocate game three. What happened if they still game three to New York, then yeah, and they bost him back against the wall. They can't, man, Listen, they gotta do whatever they can game three to go into Madison Square and win the game.
Speaker 3: Bro, I'll you can win ugly, gonna win pretty, but you can't win, Ojo. They can. They're going in game three and come out of it down Old three. Bro.
Speaker 2: Nah, they can't. I don't forget. I don't see a scenario where they winning for straight.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 2: You don't see a scenario where, uh if they go down Old three. I don't see a scenario with boss to win four straight.
Speaker 3: Na. See, I told you I should have I should I knew I should have bet, y'all.
Speaker 1: I knew I should have bet because some just told me everybody, every analyst, every punding, the basketball as first, everybody had their self just winning and the Nickson proving everybody wrong.
Speaker 3: Well they proved they they proven all y'all wrong. And I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know what I'm seeing, I know what I'm seeing, and I just, for the life of me, I don't understand. Okay, the threes on working run some goddamn players. What the eff are we doing? Not we excuse me, my bad, but what are they doing?
Speaker 2: It's well, it's kind of oh yo, in the football term, when you throwing the ball and bro run it. Bro if if like Kansas City, we saw that in the Super Bowl. You like, hey man, you gotta take fresh y'all Patrick home. But they really ain't run the ball all year. Their office a lot have been bad. Yeah, and so now you get you get a Pachecko. He just coming back off injury.
Speaker 3: Uh, Clyde.
Speaker 2: It was a layer that had released him because he had some things going on, deal with dealing with some things. And they signed some ready, but who I forget who they signed and they had the guy from Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: What's the guy? Uh with a big deer? I forget. I forget him. He caught.
Speaker 2: He caught the player in the in the championship game against Buffalo to run the time out. But when you're not used to doing something, oh Joe, it's hard to go. You used to throwing the ball, Boston used to shooting the three, so it's hard to tell them. Okay, guys, let's let's just run some sets now. Yeah, okay, well we've bring jacket of threes all year.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: They can't run sins though, because uh, New York is switching everything like so they may switch and you may catch brust and garden al Horford, you know what I mean. You wanta try to take buns of that. But outside of that, you know, you just hope that Tatum and Tatum or Brown'll just take the initiation hip catch five, catch it at the elbow, catch it at the at the high posts or whatever to where they probably ain't even got to take a dribble to even get a shot off. But you need them dudes more aggressive, more active, probably even less picking rolls, and they got to try to get to the basket. Man. If not, you know, you know, settle for some of them mid range shots versus just selling for fifteen threes at night, you know, a piece, you can't have that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they need to play better.
Speaker 2: Cat versus Boston, they had twenty one points, seventeen rebounds. He's the first Knicks, first Nick to reach those numbers in the playoff game since Carmelo did it in twenty eleven. Jason Tatum in Game two, he was thirteen points, fourteen rebounds, shot five or twenty from the field. Is it time to talk about Jason Tatum because he has not shot the well the ball.
Speaker 3: Well, see we go back.
Speaker 2: And look at those thirty five Oh, he had three straight games of thirty five points thirty plus more points against Orlando. But look at the shooting percentage. Look how many shots he took him to get that. Yeah, he's shooting forty percent.
Speaker 3: On the floor. Yeah, it's time. It is time to have a serious conversation about Jason.
Speaker 2: Tatum because everybody, see, everybody still want to harp on what happened in France.
Speaker 3: That happened. We can't go back. We won the gold medal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure everybody would have loved to play seventeen to twenty minutes, but that wasn't gonna be the case.
Speaker 3: It's never been the case.
Speaker 2: Just like on the original Dream Team in ninety six and two thousand, the redeem team in a row or whatever the case may be, everybody over there is deserving.
Speaker 3: And well, he got guys on his teammates holiday playing it and I don't care about that. That's over. We got the gold medal.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about him now in the playoffs and those shooting percentage they beat on Orlando team that they should have beat. Now, he struggled shooting the basketball in these playoffs, and he struggled struggling shooting and again, and it's time to have a conversation. It ain't about no hate. We're gonna take the face of the NBA off the table. Let's talk about him and his play currently. Yeah, he's not He's not the fake. We know who the face of the NBA.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Right, I think I think he still has a chance to, you know, come out and redeem himself in this series.
Speaker 3: Like I said, the series ain't over.
Speaker 2: I think that they're they're a great, you know, road team, and the testament of a true champion is how you bounce back and defeat, right, I think, you know, if obsolutely. We know they got a championship pedigree they won last year. This is probably gonna be the hardest task that they're gonna have to deal with going into New York trying to win game three. That's all they need to be at this point. Don't even worry about Game four. We just need to do whatever we can to get Game three, and uh, that's the biggest challenge at this point.
Speaker 3: Get some off of this. They need confidence right now. I don't care what they're saying.
Speaker 2: Now, they gonna say all the right thing, Joe, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's got like you in the corner and that gotta beat hell out you for six d you right, that chail he failed, not coach. Somebody here help it. Somebody helping it, because I'm looking for the right you know.
Speaker 1: It's only you know, it's only one way for him to get confidence. Right, Your shots gotta fall in order for Jason Tedding to get in rhythm. He gotta keep shooting, even if even if I'm sure, obviously it depends. I don't know how his mental is. You know, some some players and Millenie strong, they could be happy, they could be in a slump.
Speaker 3: They don't care.
Speaker 1: They're gonna keep pulling the sugar if he if he have a mental block. But this series might be over, especially if they come to the Guard and they and they win game three.
Speaker 3: Man, I got I got I got I got boss to show us some grit. I got him.
Speaker 1: Sure they they So you whoa hold on, hold on, Joe, hold on, hold on now, go ahead when it's game three on Saturday, ship saturdayday. So so, Joe, you got you got Boston. You got Boston winning game three Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got Boston winning game three. Are you sure about that? You want you want to put you want to put a change on that. And you're so flickered, bro, I'm scared to even bet. But you ain't gonna lie to you. O Joe, No gonna make it light. How about you gonna bet it is a light hundred dollars? Nah? Okay, all right, all right, O Joe little ain't nothing. That ain't nothing.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is how you know Jason Tatum not being aggressive? He shot two free throws? Yeah, Jaylen Brown shot four free throws. Those are your two best players, and they shot a combined six free throws between the two of them.
Speaker 3: You know, wait, it's hard to get it. It's hard to get to the whole. It's hard to get to the paint. It's hard to get in there and freeze. Oh, Joe, I ain't founding no jump shooter. Hell look, let you shoot it.
Speaker 2: If you want to stand it, if you want to stand up there in chunking a if you want to stay out there and chunk it in the ocean, go right ahead.
Speaker 3: You ain't doing no damage.
Speaker 2: Ain't listen. That's why I say we got to get New York credit. Man, It ain't it ain't that. It ain't that easy. Like them dudes sitting down, they playing, They guarden, they pay to move, you know what I mean? Like they ain't just giving them dudes on layups. I just think Tatum and Brown are so talented. They talented enough to be able to and pose their will as far as scoring the basketball, like nobody should be able to stop them to. They too gifted, Bro, They got too many tools in their toolbox and they just using this one.
Speaker 3: Rent. Man, you got to bring something that's upbout their toolbox. Bro. But but Joe, you know, when you have success doing something, it's hard for you.
Speaker 2: You Hey, if Karee. What happens is I be thinking about it. If somebody could take away that sky hook, what is Kareem's gonna go to. He's had success with this skuyhook so much. That's all he knows.
Speaker 3: Because they've shot the ball so well from three, they've made the three.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, when they lose a game and they shot thirty three, I tell them what the problem is, we should have shot forty, we should have shot fifty. So that's ingrained in their mind. So now hey, let's not go to the basket. Let's not try to get filed. Let's not try to do that. Let's just stand back here at jack threes. Eventually they're gonna go in. They might, but they might not go into this series when they are deadly when they're attacking the basket, like I said early in the game, man, when they were getting to the cup, making plays, you know, getting getting offense, getting second chance offensive points, you know, things of that sort. Because see, when you attack the basket, even if you don't mention, you give yourself a chance to get a put back or something. But when you just out there shooting them long threes, man, and they bouncing off, they fast breaking it the other way.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a momentum momentum buster. And uh, that's what them threes do. That's what them threes are doing. Man, they lead to, you know, mismatches on the other end.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not. I'm not Cleo. You know I'm not.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm not really one that's able to tell the future. I think the final gonna be Nixon Wolves.
Speaker 3: You think Nixon? Who I know, y'all, I know I probably don't like it. Yeah, I'm telling you, I don't know. I don't know if the I don't know if the Wolves can beat the Thunder. What else I'm telling you? Listen, because here's the thing.
Speaker 2: If the Wolves play their best in the Thunder play their best, who you taking, Joe, I'm probably taking Okay, see exactly.
Speaker 3: That's the thing you told.
Speaker 1: Y'all told me it was gonna be a gentleman sweeping this series and it they down too old.
Speaker 3: So but that didn't okay.
Speaker 2: See, Hey, yeah, I think if you just saying, if you say, if you said, I think you said, Hey, we're gonna talk about them in a minute. But don't you sleep on Indiana now, because Indiana gonna push the pace. Make a miss, they get it out the basket or they get it off the rim. But they pushing tipple right, They're gonna make it. They're going to make you. They're gonna make you defend.
Speaker 3: Quick. They cutting their backs, They doing an unbelievable jobs.
Speaker 2: And Jason Tatum in the first Jason Tatum in the first half one for seven, two points, Jaylen Brown in the second half, one for seven, three points, four turnovers. Now your two best playoffs. That's what they gave you. Yeah, they need they need way more contribution from them to Uh. Like I say, man, I just think just they have to assert themselves into the game, you know, not waiting for these three point opportunities or these switches and mismatches. Man, sometimes you gotta go take it, bro. You got to initiate yourself with it's crashing the glass, getting easy layups, back doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, set and picks, things of that sort.
Speaker 2: Uh. Because they too talented, Okay, oh jo, they too talent, and like I said, they want they approven champion they wanted last year. This is just a test and a stepping stone into their legacy as far as how they want to be remembered as far as people and they trying to repeat. Obviously they know they got did they like this deep hole? Which I think they could do. The thing I like to tell people all the time, Joe, I say, there have been plenty of teams that's won one in a row.
Speaker 3: Right to be special?
Speaker 2: Go repeat football, basketball, baseball, hockey, it doesn't matter. Repeat. There were a lot of teams that wasn't won in the row. Yeah, you gotta be locked in, bro, there's a reason why you have so many have so few repeat champions. Go look at the sports now, you know, I mean way back where it used to get it a lot. I mean, I think the Islanders, I mean back in the late seventies eighty they won four straight Stanley Cups. Basketball, you get, I mean, think about it. You get the three p Lakers, you get the three peat. Celtics did it twice. Nobody that's repeated now. The Celtics ran off eighth straight. But the great, but the great Spurs team they never repeated that Big Three Celtics they never repeated. I mean they as a matter of fact, the Celtics and Spurs never won back to back. It's hard to do.
Speaker 3: To keep that focus year after year after year. It's special.
Speaker 2: It's hard, you damn right, it's hard because everybody's gunning for you. Yeah, one slip up now it's I think it's easier to to to to repeat in series sports than in football because seeing football, every game, every playoff game is a game seven.
Speaker 3: You don't have to be the best team that you just said you have seen that day. That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see the number the time. The best team will normally in a series the best. It's hard to hit for a gun. Get buzzle beating right right, Hey, all I gotta do a Oh, Joe, I forced a fumble a kick the walk off game within the field goal.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: It is my season over. Yeah, I agree, but I know them to be guns. They better start firing. Yeah, Tatum and Brown, they better start playing better. Listen, all you got.
Speaker 1: All they got to do is stop shooting threes. Hey, Joe, you just said it. They got a bag, they got tools in the box. Get to your spot, get to the hole. Look, use your MIDI put the ball on the floor, create space, call for the iol do shothing just or.
Speaker 3: Just watch the film of the two games.
Speaker 2: It's been a tail of two halves, man, Like, you've been up twenty in both games, you know what I'm saying, in the third quarter, not the first half, because you know the first half you kind of throw that away, Joe, cause you know, because with that three ball, anything could happen. But you've been up by twenty in the second half. Yeah, midway through the third quarter and they walk you down. Yeah, the past two games. I don't know how you let that happen, man, especially after the first one. You know, you think you'll be prepared, but they look shell shocked down the stretch.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: They looked like they didn't know what to do or how to do it or get to their spots. Like it was a lot of indecisiveness that I wasn't used to seeing from the Celtics. So I expect them to watch the film and then get back to the drawing board. As far as you know, game three, I expect for them to be a totally different team. Meaning I'm not saying Tatum and Brown probably gonna shoot threes. They gonna shoot threes, but I expect for them to be attacking getting to that basket, putting the onus on the referees to make make.
Speaker 3: Plays called files.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, all season fans of bass, what did the Knicks get for the five first round picks? They got Michael Bridges because think about it, they gave up all those picks for him, and that's I'm like, damn, you give up those kind of picks for a guy like a Luca, like a KD, like a Shade, a Yannis, a Yop. Michale Bridges. They had the game winning steel and then he had the game winning deflection, So.
Speaker 3: I guess that's what you got for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is why you go get Michel Bridges og because you want them guys to pair and be able to guard and guard Tatum and Brown and take them to the break, which they these past two games getting those two guys and Josh Hart.
Speaker 3: You know, they all take turns by committee.
Speaker 2: Defensively, they're doing a pretty good job, man, and they put they they've left themselves in a in a chance to where, you know, laid down the stretch where.
Speaker 3: They're gonna win games like when it when it doesn't even.
Speaker 2: Look look that pretty like they haven't even played a great, great brand of basketball by play, you know what I mean, They still win these other games on the road So it says a lot about the New York Knicks and coach Tom Thibodeau, you know, on the Skins that he's been able to, you know, oppose on the Celtics within these first couple of games.
Speaker 3: But as the Tills, I mean, you go back and look at when he coached the Bulls. They won ugly games.
Speaker 2: They're not a team that's gonna you know, esthetically everything is flowing and looks smooth and everything it looks chaotic, but they find a way to where they play tough, back, gritty basketball. And you're absolutely right. We need wing players. This is why they got mckal bridges. We need somebody that could guard Tatum and Brown o g could guard and he got a big body. You can't run through it. Mchal bridget is long and lanky, got great wings. Fan Hey, he can deflect a lot of passes, he can can test a lot of shots. Now and they still have princess ature. They still got Josh Hart. So like you said, at most times, they got three guys that can defend at a very very high level.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, and now you got Brunston. You got a guy like Brunson who's clutch. Last five minutes of the ball game. Game within five points. Hey, I'm putting the ball in his head.
Speaker 3: It's hard to find somebody better than Josh Hart than excuse me than.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 3: It is in a clutch situation. It is.
Speaker 2: He's shown shown improving, you know over the years, man laden games.
Speaker 3: He can get to the cups. See he gonna get you a fire little bucket every time. Yeah, one of the It's something about them left it though, Joe.
Speaker 2: Why the more folks so crafty James hardness like that, he's like that.
Speaker 3: All the left handed man down r Marlu Jobli jerk. He has ain't Jaylen Brown left handed? Nah? Who nah?
Speaker 2: Jay? No, he should never put the ball in his left hand. No, absolutely not. He should not trouble love it. I agree on them lefties. I told you all like they got an advantage from jumps. I don't know what it is, but he is so crafty and he turned into the he turned into the biggest five men I ever seen in life. When he's getting the paint and he go to pivot in and yeah it jump hooking up like man. But uh, he he has been the hardened their heart and soul. Bro.
Speaker 3: They team you know, for for for the past couple of years, and he will not let them lose. Nope.
Speaker 2: Ad man effort was called out by his head coach last night. Speaking to reporters, falling to the feet, Chris Finch said, it starts with ant. I thought he struggled and you can just take kind of see the light go out a little bit for a while. But then Fincher expanded on his thoughts, adding, what is there to talk about. You're the leader of the team. You got to come in and set the tone. If your SHOT's not going in, you still have to carry that energy. If I got to talk, if I've got to talk about guys having the right energy coming in the over the second round, we're not on the same page. And Man re sparted saying people are going to try to blame whatever, blame whoever. They can blame me, but we just didn't play good enough.
Speaker 3: I like that. I like that.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, who's like that? You gotta set the table, you gotta come I mean that. What was he like O for at one point in time? And Man was like, oh for nine Yeah, m hm, you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: He can't be that way right now because he he he ain't look he called out. He said he wanted to smoke. He yeah, you want that the Warriors out. He said he wanted to play against the Warriors because Drakemond talked trash.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, you you gotta step to the table. You gotta come out with that. Send some urgency.
Speaker 2: Bro. Let them dudes know that you're here. You know what I mean, Like, you gotta come out force if you have to force it to start out. But you got to put your market step on the game. And it took him, It took him too long to kind of get going. And hey, man, Golden, stay tough, broy. They remind me a little bit of the Knicks as far as defensively, how they switch, keep the guys in front and make you take tough shots. I know they're a little small down there, but listen, Drake Man and Drakemond and in them.
Speaker 3: Dudes down Butler, Butler, they fighting, Bro, they fighting. And they even got Buddy He'll think he could play defense man. But hey, buddy, Buddy, feeling is the game seven?
Speaker 2: Nay?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Hey they got Buddy. Hey, buddy fitting in the chair your game, you know, and you know that stuff.
Speaker 2: Rub about man, when you got them hard, they rubbed boutf on you in in a way you probably even know that you know you could do.
Speaker 3: But I'm worried about the Warriors because of because of step Steph.
Speaker 2: Even if he do come back, okay, oh Joe with a half string injury, y'all him, you know, it takes time to that.
Speaker 1: Thing for a minute and running mm hmmm what his game is predicated on? Yeah, you see, you see how I told you exactly what it was. I told you was a grade boy, It was a grade one actually, And I said, he gonna miss it, miss a week, maybe two.
Speaker 3: He's gonna miss this one.
Speaker 1: But I think, and and especially with what coach saying, you know, every coach can't come out and talk about your player like that. Every coach can't come out and say something like that because some of them don't respond to criticism that way very well. And is a is a perfect example of a player that can take that. Not only can he take that, Watch how you answer to it, Watch how you answer. Don't ask us down.
Speaker 3: He gonna answer to it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Listen. The cream always rides to the top, always, And that's the way.
Speaker 1: That's the way for a coach to say something and get his player not only motivated, not that he needs it, but just to keep just through, just remind him not everything starting stops with you.
Speaker 3: You said you want that smoke.
Speaker 1: This comes with it, include me, include me being able to chastise you publicly to let you know, come on now.
Speaker 2: Normally, Oh Joe, the coach wouldn't call out the best player. He would call out Bobby. Bobby Mitchell used to say, uh uh, Paul Brown used to get on him to get Jim's attention.
Speaker 3: So, but you got to do a better job of holding on to the ball, well, coach out in fumble.
Speaker 2: Jim did, But he called me about But he's talking to Jim because he couldn't talk to He couldn't say say what he wanted to say. That's how That's how Mike was with me. Mike was like, you got to do a better job at this. I wasn't one to miss the block.
Speaker 3: I get it. I get it. Well, he called it out, Shannon, you know he gonna call out yet. I get it. Okay, I eat it. That's old me. That's old me.
Speaker 2: But your best player, when you ask for something, what you grab I tell you what, Joe, don't ask for something.
Speaker 3: You ain't gonna be bother spend all my money for that toy. You better play with that Toyah, don't ask for that. Don't ask for nothing else.
Speaker 2: Thank you, don't you don't you ask me as long as you damn you know I'm only six, right, Oh, Joe?
Speaker 3: Done for long? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey, but when it comes to professional when it comes to professional athletes, you understand how sensitive players are in this era. But man, it's one of the few and it's only a handful on where your coach can come out, come out and say that the things he said, because he knows. I know my player, I know how he is. I know how he's gonna respond to this. He's not gonna shut down. Most players they shut down. They shut down when he is something like, nah, I mean.
Speaker 2: You, I mean, Joe, you know this I mean And I tell people don't want to hear I say, the greater the player, the bigger the ego, the greater listen to me, The greater the player, the greater the ego.
Speaker 3: And you have to walk that balance.
Speaker 2: And you know the way you talk to somebody else, I mean, oh you could no, no, you ain't talking to Jordan like you talking to the twelve gallons. No, you're not cursing at him, You're not raising your voice at him. You're like, come on, Mike, come on now, we gotta we gotta have that. But that's what you're telling him. But you telling, but you're telling what you're telling the BJ damn right right right right? I totally But I think go ahead. But that's the really great coaches. They really understand what to say and who to say it to and how to say it. Yeah, because you can't coach everything, you treat them all fair. Coach Davids, my coach in college, say, he used to tell us all the time, I'm gonna treat you'll all fair, but.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna treat you all the same, right right, I ain't. Look I pig you back what Ocho said. I think he's right.
Speaker 2: I think Ann is the kind of guy that coach he knew that he can kind of call out and run to like, you know, hey, you didn't ask for this smoke. Let's step up, let's step up to the right, like we're here now, and uh, I look forward to him having a much much better game too. Obviously, you know, I picked Timberwolves in this series, and I still think they got a chance. Man, So they got some work to do ahead of them, but I think they still got a great chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is like when Ed gets it going, not everybody else could relax and they stop making shots with Ad struggling, Like damn.
Speaker 3: They died in on them all. They ain't given Ay, he got loose in that second half.
Speaker 2: But for the most party, Jimmy Butler, Draymond them, all them dudes, Bro, they sitting down, Yeah or GP the second Yeah, yeah, he picking may Look, you know, he got that extended pressure on him. He picking him up full and hey, look like I always say, you want to just try the word god down, like like, you know, he's a special talent. We all know that, and we can't give him nothing easy. That's what the Warriors are saying. So we're gonna make everything tough. And he has no and understanding. So I'm sure you know he don't watch the tape, watch film, and he gonna get back game two.
Speaker 3: Oho, he gonna be a different antlement. Oh yeah,