Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast am on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George Dory with you. Gar Allen Beck with Us attended the Metaphysical Academy in Tampa, Florida during the mid nineteen nineties, which later inspired his series of short stories called Seven Lessons. The collection chronicles Gear's other worldly experiences with reincarnation, astral projection, channeling, and divination. In nineteen ninety nine, he purchased a home that he soon found to be haunted by his former occupant. Gar. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: How have you been, Hi, George? I have been well, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm great at Ghost Crimes number three in the trilogy finally completed and out.
Speaker 3: Huh the trilogy is complete and outfitt Yes, I'm super excited.
Speaker 2: We'll get into all this. Tell me about this house, shoe Bot, what happened?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. So and it was actually Halloween weekend, So literally I've been in this house twenty five years this week. So we purchased a house and did not know the history. So as we're moving in the neighborhood, kids came up on the bikes and you know, they're the storytellers in the neighborhood, and said, you know the history of the house, and they said no. And unfortunately, one of the neighbor kids had actually been involved in finding the previous owner deceased, who had taken his own life in the house. And this was not disclosed to me, and per Florida Lot it is not. Ethically it probably should have been, but legally they did not have to. And the experiences started right out of the gate. A lot of renovations to the house. It was an older home and just lots of things that any time I did renovation, things would go missing, doors would open, and I'd hear banging on the doors. Blinds would be swinging, you know, from like an invisible hand swung and knocked them. My dogs certainly had you know, moments where they would bark into empty rooms and empty corners, and just really a lot of activity. And it wasn't egregious at first. It was more what I call, you know, parlor tricks. But unfortunately it did take a turn into some pretty rough territory. And what I discovered was that the provice owner had been practicing some sort of magic in a way I'm not sure if it was antheo or voodoo or something along that line. And there was a he had brought something, something very evil into the home.
Speaker 2: How did he die?
Speaker 3: He took his own life with a gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I first looked at the house, the front bedroom, there was a it was a really bad shape and there was a big black stain on the on the carpet, and ended up, you know, just saying I made a deal on the house, knowing it needed a lot of work, and they declined the offer. A few weeks later they came back and said, hey, he's still interested. So I went back to look at the house. Well, they had changed out the carpet, painted everything so and I completely forgotten about that big black stain. And then my mind, I can only imagine that that was obviously, you know, from the gunshot loan.
Speaker 2: And do you have any more haunting's going on now?
Speaker 3: So I've worked very hard over the years, George, to the secure of my home. I do a sea salt holy water mixture. I spray it on the outside of my house. I'm very cognizant of where I go and try and keep myself centered so that I don't bring attachments home, although unfortunately that does happen. But I actually called in a psychic several years after moving in. We were able to actually cleanse the house, and I believe that he removed the evil entity, so to speak, and I think we were able to help the previous owner kind of move on. So we worked very hard with rituals and prayers and things like that to make that happen.
Speaker 2: Would you have still bought the house, scare if they had told you that the individual committed suicide?
Speaker 3: It's interesting, that's what the real toracity as well. And my response was yes, but you would have gotten a lot less for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, God, you could have been able to negotiate a better.
Speaker 3: Price for sure.
Speaker 2: Crime is number three. Tell me about this one?
Speaker 3: Yes, so we I've got the trilogy wrapped up. I go back to the first book where Detective Burke is hot on the trail of a cult that unfortunately, a young boy gets caught in the crossfire and is lost in the foster system unfortunately. So it's called an unholy trinity. So I bring it all together with those characters, and it was so my first book focused on Detective Burke, who was the main character in his He goes through about a twenty year period very reluctantly experiencing paranormal experiences. He's not he doesn't believe in the paranormal, but unfortunately these things are happening in the cases that he's investigating. He partners with another detective, Garrison and who was sort of the skully to his Molder, at least in the beginning. And then in the third book, we bring in Lisa, who is one of the victim's friends from the first book, and she is motivated by the death of her friend in a paranormal situation to help others, and so I bring them together sort of an unlikely trio as they endeavor to help others who were having paranormal experiences.
Speaker 2: Where did dramatic stuff gear.
Speaker 3: Well again, I I, you know, the book started out as a compilation of just first responders sharing with me things that had happened to them. But there was so much emotion attached to it, whether it was confusion, disbelief, and certainly fear that I couldn't just you know, list them out in a book, you know, in a compilation. I had to give it to a character so that they could express themselves and show those emotions, and I think I accomplished that with those books.
Speaker 2: Most LAE enforcement do not want to go public with their paranormal experiences, do they No.
Speaker 3: I received a lot of you know, stories, you know, through my website and posting on social media, and I said, please don't include my name, and you know, I got very general information, and you know, there were some cases where it was more, you know, there's no reason for my name to be attached, or you know, there might have been just don't anybody to think that I'm crazy, or you know, hey, this happened, and you know, but let's let's keep it between us kind of thing, and it was more I think they were it felt good to kind of share it and get it out there to someone who you know, didn't think they were crazy, and that really resonated with me throughout the stories and in the book. I actually have created a support group for those experience, those first responders that have those experiences. So I was able to kind of add all the one off stories that I wasn't able to really incorporate into the overall narrative, but give them a voice where they could share those one offs and get in sort of a suppose rason.
Speaker 2: Over the years, we've gotten calls from first responders who have told us some incredible stories of what has happened. Ghostly wise, It's it's real gear.
Speaker 3: Isn't it. It's it's got to be.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: You look at some of these stories and you listen, and sometimes there's an overall theme, and they're a variation on a theme. One of the most popular ones is the first responder responds, you know, hey, someone's in trouble. There in an accident and they're met by somebody who either you know, brings them to the car accident or brings them into the room of the house where you know, someone's in distress or has passed away, only to find help later that the person that brought them to there was the person that they found deceased. So we hear about that a lot with carson sent on the side of the road, or you know, responses to the people that have passed away in their homes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. One of the calls that we got were from a police officer who said they had a call that an individual was dying of a heart attack and they got to the house before the ambulance did, so they knocked down the door, and a little old man opened the door and let him in, and they look inside and see somebody on their stomach, lying down like they're dead, and they roll him over and he was dead. It was the little man who opened the door for them.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: I have a very similar story where they show up and the woman in a yellow robe with short brown hair answers the door. She points to the stairs. They rush upstairs and then they find a deceased woman in a yellow robe with short brown hair. And not to sound like a cheesy movie, but the call came from within the house and there were no other people in the house. Yeah, so how do you there's not what else do you say about that? Just you know that just happened.
Speaker 2: Were you surprised by the amount of stories that kept coming your way?
Speaker 3: I was. I wasn't sure, you know, if I was going to get twenty thirty forty, But like I said, and I did a lot of work where I said, hey, you know, you know someone else who you know has a story, you know, and sometimes they would share it on their behalf, and other times they would just reach out to him. And then I started. Then it started snowballing, and like I said, a lot of them were variations on a theme, but the overall feel and message was that, hey, this is what I saw, this is what happened.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying that it was a ghost. I'm not saying that, you know, it was paranormal or it was anything. This is just what happened. And you know, very you know, analytical left brain delivery of you know, you decide, you know, whether or not this, you know, has an explanation or not. And I really appreciate that because that's how I've always gone through life and all with all my metaphysical and paranormal experiences, I still take things in, you know, through my left brain, and if there's an alternative explanation, great, you know, I'm open to it. It doesn't have to be paranormal and metaphysical. But for many of these stories I did not find an alternate explanation.
Speaker 2: How would you categorize yourself here is a documentarian, as a paranormal investigator, or what kind of title would you give yourself?
Speaker 3: You know, it's a good question. You know, I started out as a young person. We're kind of a bad attitude, George. I have to admit now that I fifty five, and I can look back. I was kind of annoyed with the world. I was working retail management, you know, and that can really drag you down, you know, and I didn't see I went to school, I went to work, I went home, and I did you know, the things, And it was a little mundane to me. And that's unfair to say. The world is not mundane by any means, but that attitude and I think the paranormal kind of opened me up to there's something so much bigger going on, and that's what I needed. I needed that something more. This is worth doing, you know, and there's something deeper. And I've never been a superficial person. I always like the deeper explanation and that it was able to kind of get me to look to the other side. So you know, I'm I'm a metaphysical perspected person, you know. I love things outside of physical reality. And I got to be careful because you know, you can lose yourself outside of it. Because guess what, my day job is still living in the physical world, right to make life work?
Speaker 2: What about the dream state? Do ghosts visit us there?
Speaker 3: So it's interesting. I've been doing a lot of experiments over the last several years, and I started having nightmares where somebody, something or someone was trying to break into my home and they would be at a specific entryway, whether it was a sliding glass door, front door, a window. And for the first time my nightmares I became audible. I would wake up actually screaming and yelling, you know, get out of here, and you can't come in here, like very clear, audible screaming, which has never happened to me in the past. I've always had nightmares, but they never went to that level. And so I did a test, and like I said, I do a holy water sea salt spray around the house, specifically on the doors and windows. So I had a friend of mine do it for me and had been sometimes since I had I had sprayed, and so do me a favored spray, but like, leave one entryway, don't spray one window, door, whatever, but don't tell me which one it is. And a couple of weeks later, I had a nightmare somebody was breaking in. It was interesting is they chose a door. It's like a little side garage door that I do not use. I can't even tell you the last time I used it. In fact, on the inside of the house, there's a refrigerator in front of it with our drinks. It's I got about a second refrigerator, and that was the one they were trying to get into, and I was able to verify with my friend that that was the door they did not secure. So I think in my dream state, I was able to connect to that force or that entity or that energy trying to get into my home.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's something else. Why would they do this.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's in here that they're attracted to. And I think sometimes when I'm out, I talk about bringing home attachments, and I never forget I was looking. We were looking for a home. We actually purchased a new home, but while we're looking at existing homes, I remember being in a house and the occupants had been there for their entire lives. In fact, the husband had literally built the house, you know, beautiful woodwork and everything, and the daughter was there showing the house, and so she was very proud telling us all about the house. I could feel the emotion love, but I could feel the mother who had passed away in the house, and she did not want me to buy it. For whatever reason. I was not the buyer for her home. She had decided, and I could just feel it, and I remember saying mentally, don't worry, I'm not into you know, all this woodwork. It's really just not my styles orus but not for me, and I think she realized I could sense her, And so that night I woke up and I went to the bathroom and as I walked in, a towel just flew across the bathroom in front of me, and I just knew it was her, And I said, I told you about buying your house. It's okay. So I think the answer your question, I think if they know that we sent them, I don't know if it's hey, someone can see me and I need you know, and no one's been able to see me, and so they feel like they can have some interaction. I think that might be one of the driving forces there.
Speaker 2: Have you witnessed channeling or are you a channeler?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so back in the day, I had witnessed many channeling sessions, and that's what really took it to the next level for me. And I wasn't sure what to expect when someone said they were gonna channel for me, but it became such an everyday experience. The moment it started that it just blew me away. You know, a woman's voice is coming out of this man's body and speaking to me. And there was such a sense of peace and understanding and belief that I couldn't believe it. And you know, about thirty minutes into the session, they referenced a dream I had to night before that I hadn't told Anyboddy about and that told me that they were in my subconscious they were in my mind, and I thought, wow, and it was it was jarring, but it was peaceful and it made sense at the same time. And and George, I know you've had many interviews and talked about, you know, channeled information. It's a lot. There's a lot of information that comes in, you know, from whether it's coming from you know, your spirit guide or you know an alien, you know, an et. So it's it's you really have to take that in small doses.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had problems getting rid of ghosts?
Speaker 3: Like I said, I had to call in a psychic medium and I did a I had a shaman to remote cleansing of my house to remove you know, that evil entity that was brought in by the previous owner, and at the beginning we were not able to remove it. The psychics came in and did a follow up and said, you know, it's still here. It's cowered in a corner. It's you know, put itself in the corner of the closet. You know, it's staying out of the way.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Basically what happened was we made the house unhospitable for you know, a negative energy. It was very positive, very you know, full of light, and they just didn't want to be in it. But they were still there. So we really had to work on it and continue and I remember doing rituals. There was one where we placed lemons in four corners of the room, you know, and several days later we come back and if they were black, you know, to absorb the negativity. You know, lots of things like that. But yeah, eventually we're able to remove them.
Speaker 2: How do you know when you've gotten rid of it.
Speaker 3: I think it's more activity for me going into that. It's funny that that front bedroom where the man had taken his life, and where in the closet of that room is where that empty it sort of like hit itself. It was always freezing in there, and I'm in Tampa, Florida, so there's no freezing rooms in your house. And we would close the vent and it would still get cold in that room. Very strange. And again, you know when you first move in and you're kind of like, you know, you don't think about those things. And then I got the backstory and it was like wow, but yeah, it was it was more of activity. I remember the dogs chasing an invisible something down the hallway to that bedroom and stopping at the door and then barking through the door.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Dogs are very perceptive of the spirit world, aren't they.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, Oh yes. And I had a painting someone actually the individual who channeled for me way back in the day. It was also an artist, and he painted a picture for me Egyptian themed. And I remember my first generation of dogs, my black lab would you know, just growl at it is the foot of the bed. He would look up and just growl at it, and I thought it was a reflection off, you know, the glass or something like that. And I'm on my second generations of dogs and now I have a dog who growls at it as well.
Speaker 2: How important is it evoking the name Jesus or God to the spirit world.
Speaker 3: I think it's insanely effective and strong. I think anything that you feed and give strength is going to absolutely be effective. But it's got to be back to my belief. So and then obviously there's you know, a huge amount of belief behind that. So for me, it's because early on I had, you know, the channeling session with my spirit guide. I reach out to them for protection, but I believe in them because I had, you know, that experience in channeling. So I think anything that you absolutely believe, you know, kind of falls into that reality creation part of metaphysics. And you know, you you put a thought out there and you manifest it with emotion, and I think that emotion has to be genuine with belief. As long as you have that, yeah, I think you can create anything you want and bring in that that that support and that protection.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast a m every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more