Speaker 1: It's Amber and Lacy. And let me tell you what. You either love the show or I'll punch you in the boot. It's the Ember Lacey Listen number. I would punch you in the butt listener, listener, I'm sorry, yeah, okay o, Amber. What's been happening this week? So violence? Because I will never men, You're not going to do it. You're not gonna. I can't. Absolutely, I'm a gentle butterfly. What's going on this week? Thank you for asking. So many things are going on this well fucking last week I was. I am on a show called Have I Got News for You? Onwear so on CNN at nine pm on Saturdays, stream it the next day on Max. So I'm fucking in rehearsal Haven't Got News for You tapes at Whenever on Friday nights at one pm, I'm biting into an out. Later, my fucking tooth pops out. Now for those of you who know me, you know you're thinking, how could a tooth have fallen out? They're all fucking fake. Well turns out you can bust them shits up too. So I'm sitting there, my tooth falls out, and it's one pm, and I go Okay, I go call the dentist. She's like, your dentist isn't in. The other dentists is swamped. Let me see if I can move some things around. She does it. I call a million dentists. There there's nothing we can do. I go back inside. I drink a water. The water hurts, so I'm like, oh, now, I really gotta get this fixed. So then she calls and it's like, can I call around for you. I'm like no, because if you numb me now, I will not be unknomb by the time the show starts. So it doesn't feel great, but it doesn't hurt so bad. I'm a big baby. If it hurt real bad, I think I would lay down and cry. But you know, you know, somethings off. So then I'm like mildly panicking because it's not far back enough to be unseen. But it's not like the front two teeth, Like it's a side boy, but a prominent side boy. So I get to hair and makeup and they're like switch sides, just sit on the opposite side of the desk. So I do that. We do that. Fucking Michael ian Black, the other guy on the show, is like Everyone's gonna freak out because you sat in a different chair. I'm like, boy, don't nobody give a shit. Turns out, fucking a billion people commented, and we're like, what the hell's going on?
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love so hard dumbass people getting mad over nothing. Wow, what happened? I wouldn't have guessed that anyone would give a shit, but I guess, yeah, I guess they did. So did you respond to anybody? Did anyone say anything?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: The next week, Michael goes, some one of the news stories was a lady was pretending to be a dentist, and I was like, some said something about, wow much I know about the dentists, and Michael goes, well, why do you know a lot about the dentists? I go cause last week I fucking sat on your stupid side. Blah blah blah. I love it. We should have him on the podcast. We absolutely have to have him. I don't know that he would. He does what he wants. He's wow. Okay, could you have crazy gluted on? Remember crazy dry itt stink him crazy? I would have tell you who is it? Com paris?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Okay? But anyway, Okay, So I'm still upset and this didn't even happen to me. Did you see that coach snatch that girl's ponytail? Did you see him Jim Zula? The fuck are you talking about? Jim Zulo? Old coach yelling girls and they're in basketball team and I guess one of the girls didn't want to shake. He said, we're shaking the other team's hand. I guess maybe they lost or whatever. She turns and says something to him. He said, she she said something rude. He snatches, Let me, you snatched my child's ponytail. I'm doing time. He snatched it so hard. Yeah, he snatched her hair. He didn't snatch it off. I mean it was it was her hair. He snatched her I thought head he yanked it, and another team member came in between him and was like, what are you doing? So that means that's something that he do all the time, and then he got in her face. Oh no, that's not he knew to do that as he fired. Yeah, he got fired. He got fired. Of course, you dumb bitch. He can't make you that snatch up a child just like No, I'm mad, I'm so mad, but I you know, I see where he's coming from he had any tail, I snatch it. It really is a vicious cycle. We all had to go to therapy, were just sitting there snatched and he know this monny tails back and forth. That's terrible. I mean, now this girl is gonna be mad for the rest of her life shaking other people's hands. Absolutely, you can't control teenager that made you mad. Listen, would not be able to work in a school. Kids gonna make you real mad. You can't walk and snatch people. I am. If you snatch my ponytail, I'm gonna make you beat my ass in front of all these people, so you you will lose your job, but you were gonna lose your job anyway. But now you have to go to jail because you beat my ass, or you have to be embarrassed forever because I beat your ass. You're never You're never gonna win. We're going to jail again. Hopefully we're not the same cell. You put them in the same cell. Snatch. I'll tell you, Lacie, I'm shocked. We have a single friend. Two fucking assholes. I know. I know, guys, you're our third friend. You are. That's why we have a podcast. So for a small amount of time, can force someone to be our friend. Today's today's forced friendship is with rosebud Baker. Uh. You can see her new special streaming on Netflix right now. It's called The mother Load. It was filmed before and after giving birth. Rosebud rules and everyone loves her, and that's not news. What's news is that we love you and that you're going to stick around after this break bob boo boo boo boo break snatch snatch. Hey, everybody, we're back with with the with the second part of their lady triesday second. That's not true. But you know what, maybe tomorrow would be a better day than today. Maybe today's just like for so okay, listen up. As you might have heard before we went to commercial, our guest is rosebud Baker. She has a new special streaming on Netflix called The mother Load, and it was filmed before and after giving birth. Some say she's a coward for not recording it during giving birth, but I say she's a hero. Rosebud, Hi, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good. How are you guys?
Speaker 1: We're doing great. We're alive baby, Yeah, okay, doing a live is alive?
Speaker 2: Is enough? You know, yes enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's gonna be the new gen Z tattoo. You know, the new basic tattoo. The millennials all got the I Am enough gen Z is going to be alive?
Speaker 2: Is enough?
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, that's not a terrible light. It's not, and being alife isn't.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, it sure is.
Speaker 1: Especially for the next four years. Being alive is a niff baby. Yeah, just enough. You may not get that. We like to start off on a very depressing note.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I like that. I love that I can meet you guys exactly where you're at, have to.
Speaker 1: Bring you down, make you cry, then we build. Yeah, it's kind of like the Marines.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, I don't like it's like an emotional sort of boot camp, is what you're saying.
Speaker 1: That's right, excellent, excellent, Rosebud, I haven't seen you since, I haven't got news for you.
Speaker 2: I know you were so funny. No, you're so funny. I remember walking in there being like, Okay, let's do this. I can do this.
Speaker 3: I read headlines all day and everybody was so fast and so funny, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Whoa, Okay, we gotta strap in.
Speaker 1: No, you're one of US, Well, no of us. Where do you live?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Address and zip code? Please?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, great, I thought you were in LA, but I then I forget.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm assuming you live in New York.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, I was. Honestly, all the windows and square footage did throw me off. I thought maybe LA.
Speaker 1: But this is you have a upstate Okay, it's just upstate. Awesome, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I live in New York. I we uh, We're going to buy a place in New York.
Speaker 3: I think I'm here for good, which yeah, really, well, if I can ever get a proof of the damn co op. You know, these things are They sit you down and they really do like a financial enema. They go through all of your stuff and they and honestly, I'm finding out that I owe people money that I've never met before.
Speaker 2: Apparently, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: How long has it been? I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I don't think I should either.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's been ten years. They're good.
Speaker 2: I'm like, didn't they fire the whole FBI and the like irs. There's nobody working there anymore. I feel like, why should I have? That? Is true?
Speaker 1: They're not going to get you. Where are you originally from originally.
Speaker 3: From Washington, d C. From right, Well, I should say outside of Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: This is what all the kids from DC say.
Speaker 3: They go, I'm honestly, I'm from Virginia, Alexandria, Virginia, which is a suburb of DC.
Speaker 1: I feel like my best friend Jenny Hagel is from there. I walked shut up long enough for her to tell me so. But more importantly, you are wearing a Girl Scout T shirt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you?
Speaker 1: I went to or your daughter? Who's in the Girl Scouts? Why do you have the shirt on?
Speaker 2: No one?
Speaker 3: No one's in the Girl Scouts. I'm just a big vintage fan and I went to this. I was in Cleveland this weekend and I always ask when I'm on the road for vintage recommendations. And when I was in Cleveland this weekend, I found out that there was a big, a large vintage expo in at the i X Center, and so I went there and I saw I mean, it was the first time that I've seen Do you remember the board game Mall Madness? Yeah, yeah, I saw Mall Madness. I saw an Atari machine. Oh yeah, I mean an Atari machine.
Speaker 1: I didn't play video game you know you start the crank.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it basically looks like a metro park machine.
Speaker 1: Now, so you were never a Girl Scout.
Speaker 2: I was not a Girl Scout.
Speaker 1: My daughter I was a Girl Scout. I think Amber was a Brownie. Amber. Did you get to Girl Scouts?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have professional girls. I saw the most Girl Scout cookies nineteen eighty four. Okay, I'm Nebraska. Not in the world, just in our little area. Still, thank you.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Good for you. And no parent help, no parent.
Speaker 1: You know, the parents did nine to nine point nine percent of the work. They took that thing. My dad worked at Duncan Hine's plant and he took several of those things, filled it out. That's how I won. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I'll give it to you. That's great, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: I gotta This is what I want to do is I want to get my kid in the Girl Scouts and I want to or I guess the Scouts now, and I want to get her. I want to sell as many as I possibly can for her.
Speaker 1: That's that's what I just want to wait a minute, get some. It's just the Scouts.
Speaker 2: I didn't know they change it to the Scouts. Yeah, I'm not you know what one again, they probably switched it back.
Speaker 1: They probably it's gonna be the female Scouts.
Speaker 2: If you gets, they're not gonna They're not gonna.
Speaker 3: Sell with real money. Yes, they give them their own currency. You don't even sell the cookies with real money. They like monopoly money.
Speaker 1: I would when I was in Girl Scouts, I kept getting in trouble. That lady who ran our Girl Scout troop. I'm not gonna say her name. She hated my fucking guts every time. Every time I was around her, I would break a new thing. One time I broke her garage door. The confession wrong, I've never heard your confessions. What I did break her garage door? But I didn't break it. I just pressed the button. The garage door broke.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, it was just the one other.
Speaker 1: Name, one other bad thing. Pretty sure. I broke a glass and then I broke a glass in the house, and then I also spilled. But look, you shouldn't be having me indoors. I should be in this house.
Speaker 2: Why is she having her child enemy over?
Speaker 1: Girls? Were girls in your home? Was that a thing we always met? Like the church, church, basement or something. She was also the girl. She was my friend's mom and also the Girl Scout leader. So she brought the hate with her to school.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, you know, you can't choose her. Your kids love. You can't choose So.
Speaker 1: Your kid loves smashing mcbite a lot. It has to be. If it's not, she's doing something wrong. Okay, Lacy, do you think that it's time for Kenney stand It? Ye Rosebud. On every episode of The Amber and Lacy Lacy and Amber Show where we remember, we do a segment called ken You stand It where we name the person, place, thing, idea, or concept that we've newly learned about that we really enjoy. It can be anything from Girl Scout short bread cookies to ghosting to express jeans.
Speaker 2: What okay, yeah, yeah, we're picking.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna go first. Okay, So I decided, you know, listen, it only happened because on my Facebook feed paint your own MURALSI was popping. I was like a fence in my yard. I'm gonna paint a little mural and it's gonna be like flowers and stuff. Okay, so we're actually getting the paint today But before then, my daughter and her boyfriend, they like to do their little art, you know, so I let them go crazy on the fence first, just to have fun, paint you know whatever, you know they do. Some of it looks a little graffiti shirt. But it was all gonna get It's all gonna get painted over with our nice flower mural. Now, how come one of the neighbors saw it driving down the street because you really can't see it at all. It's in facing my in. But if you're like on the other street and you're driving and you see it, how come she went crazy and called someone I knew and was like, someone painted Lacey's fence. You need to find out what. I don't know how this is getting into a can you stand it? But it's just nosy people being nosy. So you know what I did. I'll left it upe a week longer, just because why are you now I have to answer to you? Now you're making me I don't have to answer to you, lady. I'll never I'll never tell you what's going on. And I almost wanted to draw I don't know a penis on the fence to just make it even more dramatic. I'm not. Everybody, calm down, but none of your business, none, Nanya, find out now what's going on over there? Find out now? But I am going to now as beautiful, find out now as a little demand. Who do you know in common with your neighbor? A good friend, a very good friend, and she knows that I know her. So she called, and that friend left me a voicemail saying, Lacy looks like someone seriously looks like someone jumped her fence and tagged your fence. What's going on? She was just as listen, both of y'all can I don't have to answer to either of you. Haven't it's been a week years. So are they white? Of course, yeah, they're both. Yeah, they're okay there, Yeah, okay, they're very conct they're overly concerned. None of your business. Everything's fine now. I just want to pay in the face with myself with a big afro and just put it on. But I'm not.
Speaker 2: Lay mind your business on the outside of the mind your business. Yeah, that's that's not a bad.
Speaker 1: But I do have to say, my my neighbor, my immediate neighbor, can see it, and I'm sure he's like, what in the world is that because it is a bunch of mess. But we were literally going to paint over it the next day. But you caught me. You caught me on a day where I got time to act a fool. Now yeah, but it's being it's been paying over today or about to be fine. You'll just see my little flowers up there. But that's what I'm all about, now, my little So anyway, how did we get there? My can you stand it?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: I love a good, pretty little neural, so that's what I'm getting. Bought the Stens and everything good, drought Lacey's bad, and also a lesson in mind your own mustard than anybody own business.
Speaker 2: I can stand your business, yeah, broad, but do you I do have one? Yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: I just found out about I'm aging myself. But I found out the term crash out from my friend's kid and yeah yeah. And he was saying, like we were walking and he was like, yeah, my mom's a crash out and we both were.
Speaker 2: Like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: And he was like, a crash out like you know, like you freak out, like you just like you lose your temper, like you freak out. And I was like, actually, really, I can stand that term. I can stand it. You know, I've heard a lot lately that I don't. I'm just you know, I don't know what skibbity toilet means. It took me a while to get into riz chooky makes me actually gives me like goosebumps.
Speaker 2: It makes me like gag a little bit. Yeah, but crash out I can stand it.
Speaker 1: Roastbun. Oh. I don't want to ask you your age. I'm fifty one. I just found out with crash out, like I've just now recently Starr, and I love it. I love the phrase. Yeah, I'm a crash out. Yeah, I am a crashout. Yeah, crash out. Yeah, I'll crash out.
Speaker 2: I am an elder millennial, I am. I am barreling towards forty.
Speaker 1: So I love it. Yeah, I just found out. Also, I just started watching Younger and I am that lady on did you watch Younger, you guys where the ladies pretending to be twenty six but she is forty. Oh my god, it's excellent because everything that she says. And I watch it with my daughter, who's twenty three, and we crack up every She's like that's me, and I go. It is me, because she'll be like, what does that mean? What does this stand for?
Speaker 2: What are they?
Speaker 1: And she's googling like I do that all the time. I was like, what is I n k yp r w h me what is this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm that woman.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what any of this means. Yeah, and I love it, I know, and.
Speaker 2: I can't remember it either.
Speaker 3: I'll go I'll go like, I'll look it up and I'll be like, oh, that's what that means, and then normally it would stay in my brain, but it just goes away the second.
Speaker 1: That's me m hm h. Once I turn around, it's over. It's fun. I get mad at communications with emojis. Too many emojis, too many things that stand for. Just write a sen hey, what are you doing? I don't need to have to screenshot what you did and send it to people that I know and ask what is this person saying? Hate that woman. I'm not going to learn all these little phrases. I'm not going to learn them. Don't care about it, right, I don't even know what some emojis mean. Someone will do emoji I'm like, are you mad? Happy, sad? What does this space?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I've heard it. I've heard it, compared to like it's like modern hieroglyphics.
Speaker 1: It is you know, yeah, yeah, I have to say this. I can't see my phone well to know what the emojis are, and because send me whatever you want, I don't know.
Speaker 2: What it is.
Speaker 1: I can't see the green shot messages and then blown it up so that I could see what faces this? Are you mad? Why can't you just sayn't big enough? They're not big enough? And that's why ever we're buying jitterbug phones that we can see the screen. We are so close to just close to gett a jitterbug and not even being mad, holding that sucker out like it'll be the chugar bug is going to be this big, and I'm going to fold it out like and I'll be like back into my brawl and be fine. Like someone's calling me, hold on, yes, that's going to be. I don't care. I don't care. I one thousand.
Speaker 2: What's what's your Can you stand it? Amber?
Speaker 1: Thank you for asking now normally, Mike, can you stand it? Is the cheesecake factory? And I do a whole bit, and I lead you down a road that I don't think is going to be the Cheesecake Factory, but it is every single week. This week is different because this week it is the Cheesecake Factory. And I'm just gonna say it, because they have new items on the menu this Yeah, I went and I forgot how right the Cheesecake Factory is. Guys, I was wrong forever taking a break from them. Did you get a new items? What did you work trips? What was the new item? I can't remember, but it was also carrots, Oh, carrots and some chicken thing. Don't care paste. Great, it's a fucking cheesecake factory. You could order the shoes, you'd finish every last lace because Cheesecake Factory is the most delicious food on earth.
Speaker 3: Why do I feel like the background of your zoom now is actually fake? And if you took it down inside the Cheesecake Factory.
Speaker 1: If I moved too fast, We're gonna see the call families. Listen, who's the new face of Sketchers? And you know where I'm going with this. It just happened. He made a post and he was like, make me the spokesperson for Sketchers, and they were like, you're the spokesperson for Sketchers, It's come on, come on, producers.
Speaker 2: Why am I thinking it's gonna be Chad.
Speaker 1: Hank's from It's The Else, the guy from Elf? Did I make that up?
Speaker 2: Will Ferrell?
Speaker 1: Will Howie Mandel, Howie Mendel. Maybe it's Howie Mandel and I just said Will Ferrell? Whoever the actor is? Oh no, no it's not.
Speaker 2: Who is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just saw a whole thing on it yesterday. Adel was last year. Yeah, he tweeted or put it on Instagram. Did I make that up? Maybe it's Howie Mandel, But he literally said, make me your spokesperson, and they made him so Amber you need to be like cheesecake factory. Cheesecake factory again. Yeah, you'd be a fool to make me your spokesperson. I will eat there forever you can get this money. We're losing person. Yeah, you would lose if you made it so I could eat a cheesecake factory for free. Sure you would lose. They would lose. They would be like, I don't know how we're down a million this month, but we are also No one loves cheesecake factory more than I feel like I.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not one to step in the way of someone's love.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: If you love cheesecake factory, you love cheesecake factory, but I do. I will say, I think you're a fool to not be tweeting at them.
Speaker 1: Make me man, I'm telling you. I mean. Look, I'm also on TV every day going Trump is a bitch. Yeah, and he could eat my ship. So I don't think. I don't think it's in.
Speaker 2: The CARSS problem.
Speaker 1: All right, you're right, I should have hoped a little bit baker. Okay, well, but what's more important the CNN or being a spokes cheescake factory? Huh? Price the same amount of money? Same because if I ate for free, it's the same. So you tell them here, I'm gonna go cheesecake factory. I don't know. I'm just and this is why I should not be manager in the middle.
Speaker 2: Have you asked?
Speaker 1: Have I asked?
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying, Lacy, have you asked to be your manager?
Speaker 1: To be her manager? Every day?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I was?
Speaker 1: You fired me a couple of times. But I come back, idea, you don't. You'd never ask for money. You always just are like, what are we eating? That's true. I have not noticed Amber and I love to eat left the same. I have a problem same. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I was in Cleveland this weekend and I was eating NonStop from the moment I got there until I left. And I have to say, the Midwest really knows how to They know how to eat like they're depressed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and I that's what I love.
Speaker 3: I love this tesday like I'm depressed even when I'm at my best.
Speaker 2: You know, you.
Speaker 3: Fried butter, like just a stiff of butter inside of a like a like a corn dog with just butter inside.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I mean, I'm going to try it. I'm not going to say I'm gone. You did you buy it? Did you eat it?
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't because I didn't. I just found out about it.
Speaker 3: It wasn't sitting in front of me, but somebody told me about it, and then I had to google.
Speaker 2: I googled, googled. I googled it for like the rest of the night. I was like, I can't believe this actually exists.
Speaker 1: I'm at the fair and there's fried butter. I'm gonna try it. I'm gonna try it, try it. I take a bite, I might eat the whole thing. I don't know what this tastes like, but now it's on my list to try it, you know, every time.
Speaker 3: If you guys were gonna take like one condiment on uh, you know, to a deserted island, do you know what the condiment would be?
Speaker 1: Ranch dressing. I'm from omahaa brast. It has to be ranch ranch. Okay, hot sauce, hot sauce.
Speaker 2: And is that because of refrigeration.
Speaker 1: Maybe, but also mustard love mustard, so do I and FYI, hot sauce mixed with mustard is perfect for a fish to dip your fish into, just saying it's very tasty.
Speaker 2: I think I think I would bring butter.
Speaker 1: My daughter really but doesn't like my daughter would bring better.
Speaker 2: That's what my husband said. But I think it does. It does because you put it on stuff.
Speaker 1: You do, because you know one's eating it by itself. Well said these fried butters. This is how much my daughter loves butter. She was not even in school yet, maybe four years old, and I was making breakfast and I made her toast. She took a bite of toast and said, what is this? This isn't nana's butter, And just then she became a butter snob and I had to go up my butter game. My mother turned her instantly, and she's still to this day a butter snob. It has to be a certain brand, she can taste it. I don't know what different butter brands taste like. I don't love it that much. Child loves butter. But you you're one of those people. You're a butter baby. Oh yeah, butter baby.
Speaker 2: I can tell the different salted unsalted. Unsalted butter is like water. You might as well put water on my toast.
Speaker 1: That's what my butter says. And I don't care. I can't. I don't care about it. And she gets so mad because there's unsalted butter in this house right now, and she'll be mad if that's the only thing. She won't even just like, don't even make it. She doesn't want to be a boy with a plant butter over here. What that's how little I care about butter, plant butter? Oh yeah, look at her off of this podcast. Sorry, never.
Speaker 2: Close my jitterbug phone.
Speaker 1: But in front of me, what is your favorite restaurant? What's your favorite restaurant and what do you order when you go there?
Speaker 2: Chain restaurant. I'm going to go with fud Ruckers. Fud Ruckers. And when I think of fud Ruckers, it makes me think of like, you know, when we got a treat as kids.
Speaker 3: Parents, they take to bud Ruckers, and I was I was a little fat, fat baby, and I would go to fud Ruckers and I would disgusting, but I would take I would order French fries. You know, the burgers are great. Those are you know, that's a no brainer. But I would go to fud Ruckers and get those French fries and then I would take that. I would put cheese, melted cheese on the French fries, and then I would take pickles and I would put pickles on top, and I would I made my own disgusting.
Speaker 2: It was like Northern Virgin your poutine.
Speaker 1: Yes, that does not sound bad at all. I love that. I love cheese fries and I've never done the accompinationsh my next trip to food Wreckers. Food Wreckers still around. We had one here in No Ma. I don't know. I don't fill around or not. I don't.
Speaker 2: They don't want to know.
Speaker 1: Simply have found do you remember they had? Do you remember they had an Ostrich burger. Do you remember that on your mak I tried it once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was it good?
Speaker 1: Absolutely terrible, tasted like water. It had no flavor whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Those birds are too angry.
Speaker 1: They're not made for eat.
Speaker 2: You don't want to eat.
Speaker 1: There's no flavor in there. They're not made for eating.
Speaker 2: No, look at them. They're upset and put their head in the sand. They're not even happy when they're alive.
Speaker 1: Right, they're made for being chased by that. They can kick, made for you chasing you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they can. They can kick, guys.
Speaker 1: There's plenty of food wreckers, okay, in Texas.
Speaker 2: The most are in Texas.
Speaker 1: Of course, most are in Texas. Nebraska lost oars, but plenty of states still have one. Okay, we're all doing great.
Speaker 2: That's good, we're doing okay.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's the grossest thing you can. I will cut up a lemon and put salt on it and eat it. I like that. It's not bad. I'll do it.
Speaker 2: That doesn't sound bad to me either. That's another one that doesn't sound terrible to me, very because that's kind of like, you know, the combination salty sweet, like that's right, right, it's sort of like a like a salty or sour patch.
Speaker 1: Kid sour salty, m M salty sour.
Speaker 2: Now do you have to be in a mood to do that? Or you like, what's the no?
Speaker 1: And I honestly think it's a vitamin thing. Yeah, and I think whatever I need whatever lemons have, then I go, oh, man, I wish I had a lemon. But my mood thing because when I got a divorce, I spent a long time. It just so happened to line up when I was on tour with a show, and I would always every morning, i'd start it with a pickle in a pouch and a cheese stick and I would eat them together. That's perfect, that's that's half a charkouterie, boys, your guitar. Good my life?
Speaker 2: Were you on a tour bus or were you on a plane or because I feel like that does add to the to the taste.
Speaker 1: I was living in a hotel cheese and this is great living life. Add some crackers we were next to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was it it was a nice hotel or was it was it a residence in?
Speaker 1: It was a fine hotel? Okay, perfectly fine.
Speaker 3: I think I love a residence in because it's like the best of the bad hotels, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's a good hotelsen. So do I. I love a residence. That's where I stay when I go to Omaha.
Speaker 2: You can't go no lower than like it because you look around and it's like all the men there.
Speaker 3: Have like been cheating and they got caught, and you just you just sort of look around and you know, this is what happens.
Speaker 2: Every time I see a man in a residence in, I go, that's what happens.
Speaker 1: Wow, we gotta have our fat on. I never thought about that either, But she's not wrong. Now I gotta go walk past residence in and judge. Hey, everybody speaking of residents and they're one of our sponsors, listen to this message from them. Because we go to break. We're returning with more of the Ember Lacy Lacy Neghbor Show and Rosebud Baker, Rosswood, Rosbee, New Mexico. Hey everyone, we're back with more of the Amber and Lacey Lacy and Amber Show. We have Rosebud Baker and that's why we forgot what the fuck we were doing. Now it's not for our favorite segment on the Amber and Lacey Lacy and Amber show. It's called Please Light out of Lacey's DMS. It's where Lacy Lamar reads actual DM She's been sent from real life human beings, and we would judge everyone involved. Yes, hey, Lace, take it away.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've been a little bit more active in my DMS. A lot of times I don't respond or I'll just say I got time today. So one of the first messages I received from this guy just said, hello, you're cute. Uh any picks to get me through this sun? Any sexy picks to get me through this Sunday? Sir? So Amber, you know, I sent him a pick of Aaron Peer of what Aaron Pierre isn't that his name? The Aaron here that's moved us up? The cute guy and everything. That's gonna be my pick. Let me ask for a pick. I'm sending you what I think is sexy, because sir, you asked and you share. See what did he say? Nothing? Absolutely not. That's just the shut up. That's all that is is to be quiet. There's nothing. You did a good job right, And I'm never finding anyone because you know, he could have been like, oh that's that's funny. You know, No, Nope, he didn't think it was funny. I know it was funny. I don't think it was funny. I know that was funny. Tell your friends stop sending these pictures. But what's really sad is people are sending these pictures to people. They're asking enough. Women, they're not learning their lessons. Someone is sending them stuff. I need to have a semon travel the world. No woman to stop doing that. We could put it into this. There's have to stop.
Speaker 3: There's some woman out there who's fully you know, feeling unseen, feeling, you know, and gets a DM from somebody and just goes, yeah, I'll send them a titty.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know. Absolutely, someone's doing that for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys this oh sorry, go ahead, No, no, no, no, I want to hear the next one. All right, My next one says this man said, hey, let me pick you up. We'll go try. That's the hello, that's not even that. That's the first message. And I'm like, and then maybe an hour or so later, he says please with his exclamation points, and that's when I'm like, I said, hey, I don't know, I'm not getting into a car with a string that would be very stupid. And he said, why do you think it was a serial killer? Well, now I do, And I said, I'll never been more certain in my life. Why would you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So now, okay, this is gonna turn. This is a different slide out of Lacey's DMS. Let's talk about dating safety, don't Is he trying this enough? Has someone gone on a long drive with him? Is this man a serial killer? Don't get in a car with Do I have to say this to people? Sorry, amberscuts, some say say it. One thing we know for sure is he's married and his wife is at home or else he'd be able to suck you. He's got to get you in a car and be like, oh the moon looks nice today, and then pull over and try it right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I Also one thing is also for sure is that he needs it real bad. Yeah. I mean the please, yeah, please please.
Speaker 1: I don't know you. I don't care you're bullying me on a text. I don't care that one.
Speaker 2: It just makes him sound so it's like, oh, dear God, like you need this. That is not safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so this in a way that Amber and I first mofee will meet your person on first date just we'll just show up and we'll interview him Amber and I could tell. We'll look in his eyes and be like, he's a cheating We can tell, or we will just follow him around for we got nothing to do. Amb's not doing anything's got nothing to do. We will follow your guy around for three days and let you know what's let you know because he's you know, if he's married. But we need three days. True, Amber won't need the pins. Our fee is high, said what Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would say in half an hour, man in his natural habitat. Yeah, you get a good read, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll right be away from knowing your soul. Yeah, we got time to do this, traveling the world. Yeah, the world, we'll do it. We don't care where it is. It's all I got. Your dms make me feel sad. This is the state of the world. I just want people to be safe. This is just my safety announcement this time. Don't meet strangers, don't sit in their car, don't give them your phone number. I'm doing this more and more. You don't have to exchange phone numbers to chit chat with No, just talk over the app. You can video also video chat with people because some of them are not who they say they are. I've been catfished. Yeah that's a fourteen year old boy in his mama's basement, or he's a seventy year old man with one tooth. You need to know, you gotta know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had a VM this weekend after my shows in Cleveland that I don't I don't even know if the guy was there, but.
Speaker 2: He said, uh, he was upset with me. He was upset with the show. He said, yeah, well I don't.
Speaker 3: This is why I don't know if he was there, because there was no show where I did all crowd work. But yeah, he said, all crowd work on the show was a choice. And I said, oh, well, I apologize. I didn't realize I was performing for someone who has written an hour in six months. And he said, no, it's fine. I love wasting my money. And so I said, sir, I was like, what's your venmo, I'll spot you. I was like, I'm serious.
Speaker 2: He goes, no, thank you. I was like, all right, But it's you know, it's like that kind of a lot of them, they don't even know what they're reaching out for, you know, Like I think what he wanted was attention you.
Speaker 1: Know again, but what he and I will go give him? Its gotta go be.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you just outed yourself as broke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't have enough money to go see a show, go home and stay o ass at home. Yeah, oh that's terrible. My dms, I know, let's do it there. One time, when I first started Late Night Seth, I checked my DM my dms after saying something, you know, probably extremely liberal, and then someone wrote a crazy tirade about his wiener and how I I will never have it yeah, with a picture, and I was like, oh, okay, this is what dms are, and I'll never be in here. And I just don't. I don't check them. I don't know. It's not that it's not for me, but everyone's I.
Speaker 2: Don't get like the the guys don't like, they don't come on to me.
Speaker 3: They sort of just say things to me that they would put in like a like a complaint box at work.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's so much sadder when they won't, when they won't send you in a way. I'm like, all right, well, I guess.
Speaker 1: It's a suggestion box. Your dms are a suggestion box?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, for my comedy so hot.
Speaker 1: That's terrible, right, Uh yeah, I hate it. Oh guys, we're horrible, Lacy. It really always takes a minute to recover after hearing your dms because they're real people. They're real people. But you know what else is real people? The people who have written in to Sister Court. Sister Court is where our listeners have written in asking for advice because they like getting yelled at. I assume Lacey, and I give them advice, but none of it matters. The only advice that matters is Rosebud Baker. Oh, sorry, Judge Rosebud's advice. Thank you, honorable, honorable honorable Judge, the honorable Judge Baker. So we're starting out with Lacy, did you read these I never read around them enough time. I like to just let them happen. I'm I'm going to read the first one right now. My husband keeps correcting me in public, even when I'm right. Will be at a party or something, and no matter what, my husband will interrupt me and tell me I'm wrong about something. It could be a personal story or a piece of news I had heard. I don't want to cause a scene, so I always just let it go. Then and there. But then I'll go home and google what he said or ask someone and it turns out I'm right mine out at ten times? What should I do? Listen?
Speaker 2: Fight?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta hit him now. I don't like. I don't like. I don't think people should be hitting each other. But when you have a husband who thinks he's smarter than you, the only way to even things out is to beat his ass. Here's my number, not smarted, call me. I'll argue this for you. You're not going to be embarrassing me in public, or you're just not going to go with me. I'll be a single married woman. I can't have you around here every time I say something, you're chiming. Are you chiming into everybody else? No, you're only chiming into me. Then you got a problem. We got a problem. Let's take it outside. Next time he does that, tap him on his shoulder, be like outside bus, No, we're not doing that. What's this problem? Has a problem? I mean to be real, his problem is he's intimidated by you. You make him feel small, and he feels like everyone can see it. They can't. But so big is his uh disorder? So then he has to try to make you seem dumb, which is uh, which ain't scratching the itch because the itch needs therapy. Yeah yeah, but also beat his ass.
Speaker 2: I agree, I agree.
Speaker 1: I never mind said you can?
Speaker 2: I think yeah, I say, just you know, push him a little bit, at least, just push him a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Or you could make him wait outside while you google it with the others, and then when he comes back, you can reveal to him with a group of people behind you that he's wrong.
Speaker 2: And embarrass him. Yeah, publicly embarrass him, you know, but also.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, because I'd be double checking motherfuckers all day and night. You just take out your phone and google it. If you wouldn't correct him when he corrects you, then what is y'all's relationship if you don't feel like you can be like, actually, Curtis, I was right. It is thirty three, right, why? Well, what's going on here? So I don't know. I don't know, dude, but y'all got problem, that's for sure. Sorry, but that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my husband would be scared to do that in public with me.
Speaker 1: That's good. I think he should be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he should, because you're right, well, and I'm also I'm mean.
Speaker 1: I love what about you? We're the same persons. Yeah, and you mean more then I'm right.
Speaker 2: I'm mean and so.
Speaker 1: Mean makes you right. That's the same thing you mean to a certain point. You're right. You like it is raining outside. I know you see the sun, but that's rain.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you go, that's my mean wife, and I love her so much, so.
Speaker 1: I guess guilty. Away. We always try to Shoehren guilty and innocent and there it never works out. But everybody in this one's guilty. Everyone's guilty. Do we have time for another one? Yes? We have time for one? Okay, one more? Okay? What should I do? It feels like I can never find the one. I'm a young professional in my mid twenties. I make good money, I'm adventurous, and I think I'm a good catch. The problem is I've been dating a lot, and it just seems like I can't find anyone who checks all my boxes. My friends say I'm too picky and I should think about settling, but no one seems to make me excited when I date them. What should I do? You're not you're gonna get half of a box? Check you're getting half. No one's checking. Yeah, your list. Everyone had a list down to nothing. Now I'm just looking at are you breathing? And do you have I don't know. The bar's low, bars set to hell. I'm sorry, little lady. I'm sorry now. I used to feel the same way that Lacey feels until I tried something called homosexuals. And I can't. I can't. I can't say enough about right. She is right. You gotta try it, you gotta give it a shot. Got to the best man, isn't the worst woman? Absolutely right about this. It's a different league. It's a different league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so get gay, say and I didn't.
Speaker 3: I wasn't going to say what Amber was going to say, but I was going to say, if you're straight, you're settling.
Speaker 2: That's the best one hundred percent you are. You're with a man, You're going to settle.
Speaker 1: That's just what it did. A dog, get a lama, gets chicken. Yeah, that's gonna fulfill it. Yeah, started, get a hobby, get a hobby.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My friend, my best friend is in this position. She says it every day to me. She goes. I just everybody keeps telling me I'm too picky. I don't think I'm too picky. And then and then she keeps going, I just wish She's like, am I gay? Am I gay? I'm like, why don't you just go for it? Just go be with women. I'm like, you wonder if you're gay? You are?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: M m m m mmm. So that's almost every week we end this podcast by saying, because hey, everyone, we've been the Emma and Lacey, Lacy and Amber show. Our guest today is our third sister, Rosebud Baker stay sister sister.
Speaker 2: Midney's podcast. They went sister, her.
Speaker 1: Sister, our sister, not sister Rosebud. She is an actor as a writer, but none of that matters because she is a hilarious mother and you can find proof on Netflix by streaming her special called The mother Load. It was filmed before and after giving birth. It rules, so does she, Rosebud. Where can people find you on socials?
Speaker 3: Oh, they can find me on uh take tac and Instagram at rosebud Baker they can find uh. Mostly just go watch my special on Netflix. My tour dates are at rosebud Baker dot com. And I think I just accidentally said Sydney and Amina when I was saying the podcast that I did, it was Sidney and Marie.
Speaker 2: But we have a group chat and I pucked up anyway. But yeah, so go check out my my special The Motherload on Netflix. That's that's uh, that's top priority.
Speaker 1: And if you do check out her special and you have anything to say about it, we will find you. So don't don't get her DM because we're gonna get me your DMS. Okay, say to MafA right in.
Speaker 2: A fud Rutgers Parking's right, that's what.
Speaker 1: Our little sister, Rosie.
Speaker 2: The Baby.
Speaker 1: You can find Lacy at Lacy lamar One. You can find Amber at Amber Ruffin probably, and uh it's worth pointing out that Lacy is Lacey lamar One because she locked herself out of Lacey Lamar. Hey, everyone, we've had a great time with you. Goodbye, see you next week.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 1: The Amber and Lacey Lacy and Amber Show is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeartRadio podcast. It's created and hosted by Amber Ruffin and Lacey Lamar. Executive produced by Noah Avoar and Hans Sonni. Super produced by Becca Ramos. Because She's a Superhero, co produced by Victor Wright, edited and mixed by Ty Herd. Music by David schmol