Speaker 1: It's nine O gene one Old Jane with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: We're back here. We are another week.
Speaker 1: O MG, hello ladies, Hello, lovely ladies. So happy January. It's still January. Dry January? Is it dry January or no shaved January? I'm so confused.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I didn't know about that second thing.
Speaker 1: Well, isn't there like a no shave month? Because I'm in it, so hopefully it's January.
Speaker 2: She's not even hairy. Guys, that's not saying much. You know, there's like holidays that don't exist that people create, and every day is in national something. Yeah, so what else could it be? Anything? We want it to be? No shave January? No, oh, no shave. I don't like no, but I like you, like a fresh shame be anything like on the daily.
Speaker 1: Amy, like every day.
Speaker 2: No blow dry January?
Speaker 4: Amy, Well, I have that right now. But I shave every day. I don't like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you are an inspiration woman.
Speaker 4: I wash my hair every day too.
Speaker 1: I used to be like you.
Speaker 2: I was never like either.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's a lot of work though, y'all.
Speaker 4: Man, It's kind of like my meditation blow drying my hair, though I really like it, just sort of calms me.
Speaker 2: It's a good workout.
Speaker 3: I still don't have children. You guys, you.
Speaker 1: Got a little extra me time in the bathroom. Maybe you can share it with both of us.
Speaker 2: But to your point about January, Jen, I was told that after January seventh you can't say Happy New Year?
Speaker 3: Is this true?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oops?
Speaker 2: Wait, I know what's the day after January seventh?
Speaker 4: So yeah, when do we have to take our Christmas lights down?
Speaker 3: I've not been by yet that happened.
Speaker 1: I think that's January sixth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I haven't finished.
Speaker 2: I'm not Kiddington won't be surprised at this that I think the longest I've had mine up I think April one year taking down. I'm not kidding. Well, they're fun.
Speaker 1: I sad when you take your Christmas Life's stay sad because then you have to wait a whole nother year for that like excitement you feel when you look at them in at night. They're just so fun and exciting.
Speaker 4: I love them these days with white too, because during COVID everybody used all those white lights, you know, so they could be outside. More So these days, if you have white it's kind of like, yeah, they're like just lights for their yard.
Speaker 2: I was embarrassed one time and someone came over and they were like, this was February. They were like, why is it still up? And I was like, oh, because it's going to be a holiday tree and I'm going to turn it into Valentine's. It's good a few days. And then it was still up months later, and it's going to be Saint Patrick's Day now. And then I was like, yes, screwed. I'm just lazy. I haven't taken it down.
Speaker 1: I know it's about lazy, but also my mom she wants to keep her tree up all the time, and she lives in a really tiny little house and it takes up most of the living room. But I was like, on one hand, letter it brings her joy, but on the other hand, like what about the joy you get when it's Christmas time and you have your tree up in that like moment of like, oh, it's the holidays and it's exciting, you know.
Speaker 4: Shall we talk about this? Jason Priestley directed episode.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Amy so excited. Okay, let's talk about it. She said, yeah. Season five, episodes seventeen, Sweating It out Aired January eleventh, nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 2: Synopsis Brandon Dylan hit the road, but also hit a few emotional speed bumps and a run in with tribal police. Kelly is impressed with a workshop hosted by her psych professor Donna Channel's football legend Vince Plombardi, to give Ray a pregame pep talk. Steve is, being petty per usual, finally makes up with his pop. Oh the football of it all.
Speaker 3: The whole thing is ridiculous and amazing.
Speaker 1: Wait what about the football of it all? What you're talking about?
Speaker 3: Willis going, Ray, Okay, you're like the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, that you're Lombardi.
Speaker 3: But it was just like Ray doesn't really seem like a football.
Speaker 1: Guy, right, right, like or Donna right.
Speaker 4: And I love when like Steve says Bence Lombardi and you're like kind of confused, and then you're like, I've got it, by George, I've got.
Speaker 3: It, And then like we come back with that like shock ward.
Speaker 2: I was like, and did it really help him?
Speaker 1: I'm curious because we didn't see him perform in this episode.
Speaker 2: Every time we sing sins cut now, that was really bad. The second time, I.
Speaker 4: Believe yes, the second time Ray.
Speaker 2: Has performed and they've just cut it huge on the back of the car, Donna, he was gonna yea.
Speaker 4: This one was particularly awkward because it was like the whole storyline that was not paid off.
Speaker 2: I remember sitting there at peachprit after Dark Wing, like he was singing to me like he like nails right.
Speaker 4: Like I just remember it, like worked your dumb Lombardi stuff and he goes out and crushes it right like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they had to cut a whole scene of him performing and showing us and like all of it's on not just him on stage, like so bad.
Speaker 1: I think I forgot to tell you that this episode, as you mentioned already, is directed by Jason Priestley and written by Chip Johanson. Definitely a guy's episode.
Speaker 4: Yes, it feels like it was written by Jason Priestley. All of his episodes like have that sort of corny like like.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, yeah, he had some bitching like Motorcycle Show, like you know, I'm sure he had a little fun with that. And why is it that whenever he directs an episode, everybody gets to go on location but.
Speaker 2: Us because with that new contract, I don't know, like why didn't think that.
Speaker 1: No, we didn't get to go anywhere. He got to go on this cool camping trip to this every time, You're right, how.
Speaker 4: Much of the riding were they doing, Because they were doing some I like really tried to be egalized about it.
Speaker 1: I think that was all of them, all of them because and here's why if they did go on this location, shoot, you know, it was a skeleton crew, which means it was just like a few of the top members of the crew and the guys and I don't know if I just feel like that was all them. And they both were riders. They both rode motorcycles.
Speaker 3: Wow, Wow, that makes it even more awesome.
Speaker 2: But I'm just trying to think, like liability wise, would they have let that hot or J Yeah, I'm we're here.
Speaker 1: It's just that we're d I don't need stuntman. We can do this.
Speaker 4: It also seemed like they became bfs sort of okay, like they've had all these problems and all of a sudden, the Mustang pulls up and there's the big and we're going to trip with me. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: But I did like appreciate that this storyline was just the two babes, you know, looking hot and riding a motorcycle, but acting like deviant little pigs with the waitress.
Speaker 3: Okay, god.
Speaker 2: Pigs.
Speaker 3: That that was so.
Speaker 1: That that would not work today obviously, just the way that that, let's say Dylan looks at the girl that's their server. It was so unsettling for me, so like, literally did they.
Speaker 4: Stay all eat your pie like something so gratuitous?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oven in your pie.
Speaker 1: The pie was in her little oven. Oh yes, and they wanted to see in her little oven. It was really gross. This felt like in the moment little add ons. I don't know if that would have ever.
Speaker 4: Scract It was oh yeah, taken, and then she goes take a number. He's a mercy like John Stamos. It was like, what is happening? That was so prevalent, like back in the seventies, especially.
Speaker 1: The sort of sexualizing women. Yes, in the seventies, eighties, nineties, two thousands.
Speaker 4: I was watching an old movie from the seventies called Airport nineteen seventies seven ors and they are nineteen seventy five and they are just all over the at the time called Stewardess flight attendant, and I was like, it's jarring.
Speaker 1: It's jarring, isn't it? Because things are so different now. I mean, in my mind they're really different. I don't know if it's always like that, but where I wherever I go, that's it's different. Like I have a different standard of the way I should be treated, the way other women should be treated, and there's no great area for me.
Speaker 3: So I love a flirt. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I love a flirt. A flirt with the waitress, fine, but what they were.
Speaker 1: Doing was and sensual flirting whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that was a little but not yeah, demeaning, like yeah, yeah, AnyWho.
Speaker 3: And then they start fighting kind of right after.
Speaker 1: That, like.
Speaker 4: You know, over you.
Speaker 1: I guess it's basically Kelly driven, is it just that's kind of like the backbone of their But they had drifted before the whole Kelly of it all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they grew up.
Speaker 1: Dylan started to go down his addict road.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which rightfully, so like Brandon doesn't have to be best friends with the guy who's totally an unhinged drug addict, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like that's okay.
Speaker 1: What about when they were standing like nose to nose? I love I love those scenes when no one ever talks this close to another human being. I've never even like talk to my husband or my kids this close. Isn't this weird?
Speaker 2: I've definitely gotten that close to you. You can't even see when you're there, and then you say like you're like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. This is my dance space, that's your dance space.
Speaker 4: I would be so overwhelmed by the breath if someone was that close to me, I'd.
Speaker 2: Be like, that's right.
Speaker 1: When you see a scene where they're so close, you're like, wow, I wonder if they had stinky breaths and they just like sucked it up for the scene. They got through it.
Speaker 4: Oh the ping? Can we talk about the pen But the fake ping? First of all, it wasn't even was acting. It wasn't good pee acting.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was real. Knowing those two guys.
Speaker 4: It was so fake when they zip up.
Speaker 1: Maybe from the back angle, From the back angle it was probably real, okay, But from the front angle, yeah, the whole shake it and then you shake it and you scoop it in your pants.
Speaker 2: Is that? Oh my gosh, I keep going, I really wanted to watch that closely because it seemed very fake pee acting for me.
Speaker 4: And when they when when Luke Perry zips up, it was like already zipped because he kind of went up and you could see his jeans and I'm like, you just zipped up zipped pants.
Speaker 1: So this is your bad pe acting, got it?
Speaker 4: Would they really get that?
Speaker 3: In trouble writing?
Speaker 1: The driver's license ever made of paper? Like that?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to remember what my driver's license was made of in nineteen ninety four, and there's no world in which it was paper.
Speaker 4: Wait, it was.
Speaker 2: It was. It was not paper like what's that printed?
Speaker 1: It was sort of card stock like past porty material like paper that doesn't rip therase. No, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'll admit something. And why I don't think it was. It's okay because people would have made if it was on paper, people would have made so many fake id's.
Speaker 1: Is this xerox copy that right?
Speaker 4: Like, there's no way. It definitely was and on paper, but it wasn't what it is now.
Speaker 2: It was almost the quality of like a picture, like a photo, like yes, yes, what I say?
Speaker 1: It really pulled me out. It pulled me out people. The peeing. The peeing moment pulled you out of me. Just license paper for me out.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, in what world are they going to get work duty because they peed on the side of the ancient burial.
Speaker 4: Also, not no disrespect, but if a police officer told me to dig a hole.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, no, I might be like, it's going.
Speaker 4: On, Like, am I digging a hole that you're gonna Am I gonna die out here?
Speaker 1: Like I would think that you would think that, of course, Like, I don't know. It was just I just thought it was real stupid, the whole pulling them peeing.
Speaker 3: Dig a hole and then making dig a hole and all with this.
Speaker 1: Oh that was so profound. Amy make sure it's wait, he goes, make sure it's this and the sides are like this, yeah, the bottom's like this inside Like what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is that so they can get in there and sweat?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it was just him having a little fun with them.
Speaker 2: None of this bothers me because we got to see both them their shirts off, so I'm une cool with that.
Speaker 4: They looked great.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, wait, okay, go back to the digging though, because Dylan is not a very good digger huh, for the record, and the other one.
Speaker 4: Was supposed to observe like it was, so what kind of lesson what was going on?
Speaker 1: He was teaching them to despite their adversities, their obstacles, to work together somehow and figure it out together. That's what I thought.
Speaker 4: We go back to their fight for a second too, in the motel room. The sassy, sassy sass of their fight.
Speaker 5: It was so like a pokey I could collar back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like when Dylan gets like that though, But is that how guys have a little fight?
Speaker 4: No, who guys fight over?
Speaker 3: I just don't think they fight over a girl.
Speaker 4: Like that, especially like if they've decided to go right, Yeah, like on a road trip, they're gonna be drinking beers and like watching something on that television. They're not discussing the phone call or like, oh, we see waited until I got in the shower and a collar.
Speaker 1: Do you think they were naked in that sweat lunch hope?
Speaker 2: I'd like to think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, because it was really unclear. So yeah, I decided in my mind they were naked.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I tried to zoom in on my phone to watch.
Speaker 1: But they looked pretty funny. Have you ever done a sweat lunch, either of you?
Speaker 4: No? I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever been in a saana.
Speaker 2: Like a steam Really wait, you've done a sweat lodge.
Speaker 1: I've done a sweat lodge.
Speaker 4: And whoa, how was it?
Speaker 1: It's amazing how it's tense. It's it's sweaty, y'all, and it's hot and sweaty.
Speaker 3: And are you trapped or can you get out?
Speaker 1: You can get out the flaps of the tepee or whatever the skin you're under. Not No, you would have died three minutes into it. You would have just died, and that we would have put you in a big hole. That would have been that I did it. I don't even remember where. That was, somewhere in the Palm springsy desert y area like Joshua Tree. Yeah, this was many moons ago.
Speaker 2: Cool. I like the idea of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we all howled like.
Speaker 4: Woah that I can't do that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's fun. I was with a bunch of strangers.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, even more so.
Speaker 1: I can't do that, friend, and then a bunch of people I didn't know it was pretty cool. Oh my god, I do that.
Speaker 4: I can't do like howling or like.
Speaker 1: You could do it, but I don't think you would enjoy the rights the temperature situation.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Group activities kind of challenge me, like when everyone's like move your arms like this and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Super anxious that right, Oh that's funny. Have you done a lot of group like group things like that.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 4: Healing like no.
Speaker 1: Rehabby meetings or I don't know, like you gotta just jump in.
Speaker 2: Aren't there like team team things bonding corporate?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't like those kind of things.
Speaker 2: Like my heart's never done like a team like team thing where you do those things like and you fall back.
Speaker 1: And know one rope or is that just rope challenge?
Speaker 2: That was just a little vernon Shirley. Where is that?
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, I can't make it.
Speaker 1: We should have that for all the podcasts.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 1: I want to see I want to see that every time there was a.
Speaker 4: Team bonding thank you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Yes, right, Everyone's like can I not?
Speaker 2: Can?
Speaker 4: I just not? Okay?
Speaker 3: Wait, So here's my question for you guys. Yes, focusing on this.
Speaker 4: Storyline, do you are you? Did you enjoy it.
Speaker 1: It's always enjoyable. When they get out of Dodge, they go on a little trip. You see some new things. There's a new energy in the scenes. You know that's not normal. I like that part of it, but I didn't really the storyline was so thin and weird and like manipulated and sweat lodge. What this was like? Huh what am I watching?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I liked seeing Dylan and rand in like the two of them. Yeah, and you know, facing the Luke was interacting. But yeah, other than that, the storyline, I could have done What's.
Speaker 1: Out it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was so weird.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 3: I was pretty into it.
Speaker 4: It was so weird. I was like, this is so with so many like sort of story flaws. But I was like, I'm loving every minute of it.
Speaker 1: There was so much flannel in this episode. Did you notice every character was wearing a flannel at some point.
Speaker 3: I think Dylan was wearing like a tight leather jacket that.
Speaker 1: I was like a motive, it was like a jacket.
Speaker 4: Yet, Yeah, was super stoked on it was into that one. You didn't.
Speaker 2: I just felt like it felt new, which was surprising for like Dylan, Like it didn't.
Speaker 1: Ride his motorcycle and a denim jacket, right, No.
Speaker 2: But like it didn't look like a worn in motorcycle diet, you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, fresh off the rack? Remember when the peach Pit after Dark? I would never liked that set whenever we would shoot on it, it just felt big and cavernous and cold, like the everywhere you look it's like flat. I hated it. I never like shooting in there and I, oh, wow, I didn't. I don't like the way it looks on camera. I don't feel like I want to go to that place.
Speaker 3: Oh that's interesting, hmmm, Like it doesn't feel like a cool club too.
Speaker 1: It always felt like a miss for me.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. The sets like and we know because we had to recreate it for BH, Like it's yeah, it wasn't great.
Speaker 6: I would go to the peach Pit, like, if they're going to make it after dark, if they're going to make a place like and they have that much space and all Rush's money, Like, why wouldn't they do something cooler?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I'm wondering.
Speaker 4: Back then, I think I thought it was cool.
Speaker 2: Maybe is it because it was the nineties, Like, yeah, I don't know, it.
Speaker 1: Was like it was like one of those night at the Roxbury kind of clubs.
Speaker 2: I wander like the moving board or the inspo, like what were the They were like, oh, so it's going to be like this vibe this La.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Someone was like, oh, copy Bar One or copy the Rocks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: It does have that vibe.
Speaker 4: It's very nineties and those clubs because you always wanted to get in, Like I remember before I lived in LA, like going down to LA during college and being like, I hope we can get in to this.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah club and then you get.
Speaker 1: It, like it's just a big room, met a bar, lame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so lame and a bunch of weirdos.
Speaker 2: I liked filming in it though, because it usually meant we got to be together and like it was just another extension of like scenes the pitch pit, like it was group scenes usually. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The so Rush is funding it and Steve is jealous? What about that uh that part where Rush is standing on the main stage and everybody's gathered around while he's telling his stories. Donna's tails and Steve was all mad, Oh I got so jelly because he wants to be Rush, he wants to be him.
Speaker 4: And then poor Donna where Torri. Donna goes to see him for some help and he just.
Speaker 1: Like stabbed her, bites your head off.
Speaker 4: I was like, wow, overreact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that made me have like Greek PTSD for you. I don't even know why, but I got anxiety. But Steve was talking to Donna like that when they were when Steve and Rush were making up again, I was like, haven't I seen this like five times exactly?
Speaker 4: And it's always so quick, like from mad to love in five seconds. Okay, we'll go with you. How about the Susan Powder reference too? So random?
Speaker 1: What's that? What do you mean? What was that?
Speaker 4: Okay? So, when when Donna goes in to talk to Steve and he's all just like bitter head off so fast. First he's like fine, and then and then he turns fine all of a sudden again and talking about Vince Lombardi and he says, shave your head like Susan Powder. Who was that? Because I was sort of like of the time she was kind of like one of those sort of what's that cat's name? Those like inspirational speaker type people. We just said, that's that guy's name that everybody goes to see, like Tony Robbins, Tony Robbins. I think she was sort of a Tony rob Okay, and she was.
Speaker 2: Sort of of the era that Steve made that reference in the nineties and now currently like Ian such like an inspirational speaker about coaching people and business and all that.
Speaker 1: Yep, he's destined.
Speaker 4: It was a random reference.
Speaker 1: What about the fact that Kelly Taylor and Cindy Walsh have the same haircut.
Speaker 4: Weren't they all in the kitchen making sandwhich is again and she wanted him to take.
Speaker 3: The station wagon on the road and then the like field mice ate the sleeping bag.
Speaker 1: Like it was a very family friendly and fun I enjoy a good Walsh, A good.
Speaker 4: Time for you to rekindle your friendship. Yeah, like Easy Rider, except they die at the end.
Speaker 1: Like it was just like so like parenting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's all very I don't know what the word is to describe his direction. It's so it's almost like he's directing a comedy drama.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of levity. There's a lot of levity that's a camaraderie, there's a lot of like winks we're all in this together. Kind of feels.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have a little thing for Tory slash Donna.
Speaker 3: You're being so snarky with Ray.
Speaker 4: And like he like getting up in him to do this, and you're so bossy about it, and I just don't really get it.
Speaker 2: I just feel like, one, that's not Donna's demeanor or like I don't it's just like out of character.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're not pushy, so why would you care? Like, yeah, Ray has a great voice, you know that it's great he writes you love songs. You might be like, hey, if you want this opportunity, you know, I want you to have it, when he's like, no, you.
Speaker 4: Would be so respectful. And so it's very weird that Donna's being like, look, Ray.
Speaker 2: You need to do this. It is except she does get like that sometimes when people are like fighting and she like intervenes and makes them like make up. Those lines always felt so challenging for me because it wouldn't I would never be that person to be like you got it, like take charge. Yeah, I don't feel like she especially in like a love scenario. I don't think she.
Speaker 4: And also say Ray suddenly couldn't perform David, aren't you like a total musician? Like, can't you know that?
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 4: What was his hit song called be my Love, Be my love, Beat Beat be My.
Speaker 1: He's saying that thank you so word. I don't think I think his character had moved on from from that after the whole thing with the girl in the live got him a little.
Speaker 4: By the way, Does he go back to it? Maybe? But speaking of you know she's coming back? Who everyone that gave him crabs?
Speaker 1: When she comes back as the character?
Speaker 2: My heart just dropped. Sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, does she come to the peach pit after dark by any chance?
Speaker 4: I don't want to give away anymore, but but I know she's coming soon. I can remember she's coming soon. Yeah, sorry triggers.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the cult. Well, it's it's really a self empowerment.
Speaker 4: First of all, it's Nexium. Do you guys know what Nexium is?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: All I could think of was like, this is how they got people into Nexium. I listened to that podcast which Do Yourself a Favor and listen, and I was like, this is does story like that?
Speaker 1: And with a bunch of people chairs, Yep, you.
Speaker 4: Come to a meeting you're in the chairs, there's like the guy kind of giving the lecture up there, and exactly how they came around to the table and they kind of pushed you.
Speaker 1: Did they put that was a creepy hand on your shoulder, like Finlay did Kelly.
Speaker 4: Literally that this show could have invented nexium because that guy could have watched this show.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, don't do that to us, saying he's really creepy.
Speaker 3: Oh creepy, so creepy.
Speaker 4: And how about Valerie just knowing this was a bunch of hullabaloo and was out. Now.
Speaker 2: I just don't like Valerie and Kelly together, Like it's just like.
Speaker 1: Do you like the way they were dressed exactly the same. They both had on floral maxi dresses and sweaters.
Speaker 2: Because you guys never did that in real life.
Speaker 1: We did.
Speaker 4: We did that.
Speaker 2: We all would do that like you would twin in real life with your friends. Yeah, yeah, I believe you had like matching leather jackets on. There's a photo. Here's a photo.
Speaker 1: We are like each other, but they I don't know. It's just so weird.
Speaker 4: Weirder was Valerie walking into Brandon's bedroom when Kelly and Brandon are making out through how about knocking through the Jack and Jill bathroom like it was the Brady bunch, Like what just bopping in and nobody even reacts like hey, they're just like talk to her like no problems, come on in anytime you want.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious, like, why does Kelly want to change her life so bad? Like what's so wrong life? And then I don't see where they.
Speaker 2: Need the storyline to happen.
Speaker 3: Yes, how about the question he happened?
Speaker 4: Are you happy or whatever?
Speaker 3: Are you happy with your life?
Speaker 2: And then she's like, wait, what's the whole thing he does when he's telling her like basically like are you happy? Like he gives her a comparison of you.
Speaker 4: Mean, like when he comes around and he's so kind of weird. Yes, And then she's all like sucked into it?
Speaker 1: Yes, but why I.
Speaker 2: Just gave you an analogy to something? I think?
Speaker 4: Are we to assume it's the fire has changed you and you have guilt because you sort of hoped you were like let me live, I don't care if she dies kind of a thing.
Speaker 1: She admits that, yeah, yeah, that was gnar. Really that's pretty dark mm hmm. And I guess she did. She thought she was going to.
Speaker 4: Die and then you barely got to burn and she's so burned.
Speaker 1: So she's got guilt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like deep down her mom like she that's you always had that one person in your life you want the approval from. And her mom wants a model. Her mom wanted her to be a model, like she's never she feels like it can be pretty enough now enough, yeah, enough, enough, enough enough for Jackie, she's not enough. And if she's not enough for Jackie, she's not enough for anyone.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say, I buy the storyline that Kelly is sort of struggling so much that she could be so.
Speaker 3: To the cult that we didn't know as a cult.
Speaker 1: Yet I guess so yeah, now that you break it down like that, it does make sense. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then you go to the classroom and push a note under it, which is also weird, like what students, let me push a little note under and then he's all Creeposaurus and it's like, come on in.
Speaker 1: There's no like weird, like love, sexual, whatever anything between these two characters, right, Finley and Kelly.
Speaker 4: Can't answer that.
Speaker 2: That's tough to answer.
Speaker 1: Because it's gonna send me over the edge.
Speaker 4: Because he's not going away for a minute. I'll say that, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: But I feel like those types of people, that's what they become, like you fall in love with them.
Speaker 1: Because nexium, you're under their spell. Yeah, I'm scared about what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Then you should be. You should be really scared.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really scared, because I was like, yeah, like Bonker scared. It gets really it gets really juicy soon because Tory, you're gonna be real mad too.
Speaker 1: Wait what why Wait Donna goes to the cult.
Speaker 4: No, but there's a lot of Steph drama coming your way too with Ray.
Speaker 2: Wait, well now that's next season. No.
Speaker 1: I think it really feels like this is the longest season of any season ever made for television.
Speaker 4: And it's just getting good. Like there's a lot left of this season that's very juicy.
Speaker 1: Much left.
Speaker 4: You're right, episode we're.
Speaker 1: Halfway through the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what episode are we on?
Speaker 1: This is seventeen eighteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, there's like twelve or something more elisode. That's why I think to love what you.
Speaker 3: Think is season six is actually season five.
Speaker 4: Oh but you do love season five? And I think you do. How about we hear from Jonesy too that the money is.
Speaker 1: At the very end. Yeah, it's your good friend Jonesy, which.
Speaker 4: I'm ready to get the money back. I don't need this, Like, let's get still on this money back.
Speaker 1: I forgot about the money part. I honestly was enjoying him having a good time and being somewhat normal again.
Speaker 4: Two mentions to y'all. And see if you noticed it's number one on the table clause in the diner in the middle of nowhere, the red and white very prominent table clause that really indicated you're in an old dimey cat a diner.
Speaker 1: Wait, were they just like the red and white checks? Like yepas okay, they were sitting at a picnic table first of all, which really bothered me. Random the same side, and you know why that is? So that it's one shot. It's like, so save time and just shoot this way.
Speaker 3: That was so captain obvious.
Speaker 1: Like I saw a number of those moments in this episode, honestly, where the people that were in the scene were all kind of lined up conveniently that they could all pop it off in one shot. And I know that when Jason was directing that was like a big thing to him, like let's get this done and let's get this crew out of here early. You know, like he really was one of the crew guys. Like he was always trying to speed things up.
Speaker 2: I love that except for the he's so creative like with his direction like that as well, like he would take time to do like the really cool like big shots right but right.
Speaker 3: Like the motorcycle stock. He shot the motorcycle.
Speaker 4: Stock really really cool.
Speaker 1: He kind of prioritized things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then I'm like, why are they sitting on the same side.
Speaker 1: That was weird?
Speaker 4: Shoot him in a booth, then create a booth so it's not.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 4: Also, one other thing, I'd love mushroom barley soup. Like, really, you're not gonna just order a burger dude, You're ordering mushroom barley soup.
Speaker 1: It was it was cold.
Speaker 4: I love soup.
Speaker 1: She Torri loves soup. You guys, it's weird.
Speaker 3: Oh and then how about Russ and Steve. You'll play I'll fly what's that meaning?
Speaker 1: It means I'll go with you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you pay, if you pay for the peach pit after good, good with you.
Speaker 1: I don't fly buy would you basically to sum this episode up. I'll just use the words of Brandon and Dylan. Nobody's perfect. Anything is possible. That was the big takeaway for me. Great, profound, beautiful.
Speaker 4: I feel like, yeah, I loved it. Lessons to live by before we please note it's important. Jesse and Andrea still doing good at the peach Pit. They were gonna go dance.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so next week, let's see our show. Next week is about season five, episode eighteen, Hazardous to Your Health.
Speaker 2: Trying to remember we didn't mention Claire and David doesn't matter, no mention super cute. Yeah, they are not bothering me. Weirdly, they didn't bother me.
Speaker 1: I didn't have any feeling about them though.
Speaker 4: That's they're just trying to open the peach Pit after dark.
Speaker 2: I just take wardrobe, in her makeup, in her hair, and yeah.
Speaker 3: They're not annoying.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of like they're just kind of like, yeah, they were kind of they're doing their thing. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: My favorite line though, when Donna is talking to Ray and he's all like she's I think she says something like, what do you have afraid of that? Nothing will come out and then I'll puke and die.
Speaker 1: Extreme formatic song we never saw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like so much build up.
Speaker 2: I know it was I'm remembering, I'm looking at myself. That's not a party.
Speaker 1: That's not a like let's dance kind of song. Oh and it was.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 4: I think you're right though.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure I give this a.
Speaker 1: Ten A ten.
Speaker 4: Oh oh gosh, of course this is a you.
Speaker 1: Went from hold on Hold on Melmber definite ten.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is also are ten Jen eight.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go eight talks maybe maybe seven seven and a half.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with seven and a half.
Speaker 1: Seven and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, no disrespect to Jason, but like, get your motor run in on the How did they play that song?
Speaker 3: I don't I'm sure they didn't pay for that song.
Speaker 1: Only in your head.
Speaker 3: In my head, I think it's just my that's how I wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've learned so much about you, easy rider.
Speaker 4: I'll like never ride a motorcycle in my life, but yet I'd love to jump in your mind, like yeah, Priestley's motorcycle and just be like, yeah, I get your motor would be so I think I would go priestly over Perry.
Speaker 2: Do not ever blow your hair again. Because you are on fire today with white hair.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, you would rather ride behind Priestley? Thank you?
Speaker 4: So if I had to pick between one of those motorcycles, which one would you?
Speaker 2: Why? Why?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Why? The motorcycle picked the rider. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not picking the Dakati over the Sorry. Like if you said to me right now, I'm in that episode, I'm at the diner. One of them's gonna kiss me, which one do I want?
Speaker 1: No, I want to know who you would ride on the back of a motorcycle with Priestley.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Just you don't know why.
Speaker 3: I love Luke Perry.
Speaker 1: I I agree with you. Honestly, I think I'd feel safer on the back of Jason's motorcycle.
Speaker 2: Guys were going with safety.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna go with safety. I'm getting on a motorcycle.
Speaker 2: It's very dangerous. Wait is that your instinct, because yes, the jet ski.
Speaker 1: No, Honestly, it really comes down. I would rather be back on the back of Jason Priestley's motorcycle just because his legs look stronger. Luke's legs might be very strong, but they're thinner and longer, and I want a good sturdy, strong legs supporting that motorcycle.
Speaker 3: Who saved you on the jet ski.
Speaker 1: Luke, No, he did nothing of the of the kind. He tried to kill me. Yeah, I don't know. We've gone a miss rye.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, I'm gonna liken it too. I'm gonna pick Luke. Okay, why I don't want to wait, you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to say no, I don't.
Speaker 2: I feel like it would be like smoother oh writing, I don't know. I feel like Jason needs to race, so he was like more fast. I would feel more comfortable because I feel like Luke was more like in tune with like just riding a motorcycle on the roads and not like like Jason raced cars. So like, if you're too fast for me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you said before about like I don't maybe I couldn't trust him because he did try to kill me with the jet ski, so I would be in, You're right. It would be like, ooh, that's not safe. I'm gonna go with this guy. Good stuff, you guys, great episode. Really really enjoyed myself me too for this.
Speaker 2: Though not the actual episode. The two of you really.
Speaker 1: And we'll be back next week with Hazardous to your health. You guys have a great week.
Speaker 2: We of you. Yeah.