Speaker 1: Yeah you feeling.
Speaker 2: This is our production of iHeart Laudio and Overturned Media.
Speaker 3: Hey, sorry, an Seline, I uh got lost.
Speaker 1: Oh so we're just gonna.
Speaker 4: Uh you okay, uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just you like, can't listen. I don't think anybody's here. Buy okay, never gone? Yeah, I like you said, okay.
Speaker 5: Ah damn.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah just like that. H too much? Okay, No, I can take it. Yeah you can. So you wanna keep going? Oh right?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, mm.
Speaker 1: Hmm shake it mm hmm. Oh oh am I going to you ard you're good. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Or do you you feel like someone's watching us? Ship?
Speaker 3: Hold on.
Speaker 1: Kyone almost come. It looks like it was going to buck your thick offs.
Speaker 6: I was more concerned about you doing that. Oh come on, I don't give too thy blow jobs. Well, when you got a little rough.
Speaker 1: Back there, funk off, I had to slow you down.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. Sorry I went too hard, didn't I? Yeah you did, and I liked it. You want to head back? It's kind of nice. Up you want to go for a walk with me?
Speaker 1: M hmm, thank.
Speaker 5: It'll be funky.
Speaker 1: I don't even know your name, Oh rusty, you Zack. Nice to me, too, nice to me? So do you live around here? Not really Southeast La? Oh that's a drive.
Speaker 7: It was actually pretty close when you hit me up, just getting a drink at the Hawker.
Speaker 1: You know, I liked that place. You were there by yourself. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I like going solo, can just talk to you whoever I want without my friends battering.
Speaker 1: You know, I get that normally I go by myself too. Do you live nearby? I do? Yeah, not too far Kaytown. Oh cool. Yeah, just came to La about a year ago. What about before that? Missouri? Oh, the birthplace of ragt Okay, hold on, why do you know that? Well? I used to study music. Now I just played for fun. Really what instrument? The clarinet?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, at all fens. That's why you're so good at dick sucking.
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: So what brought you here in the industry entertainment or porn? Yes?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I switch jobs. I was working for the Census, and when that was over, I tried my handed drawing storeboards, and then I thought I could get more work by being in La.
Speaker 7: Is that where you throw up all the shots before they go actually shoot the thing?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's exactly it. You want to stop here? Actually I like the view, you know, I mean too? Should we say?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right over there?
Speaker 6: Uh so.
Speaker 7: I actually met you before at the Hawker standing all alone with those teeny little padphones on. Oh yes, that that does sound like me. I asked you what you were listening to, and it was some obscure punk rock band from Pico Rivera.
Speaker 1: Where did this happened a few weeks ago?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did. I mean you looked familiar. You remember me? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You said sorry and then you ran away. I didn't run away. Felt so bad? Why because I gave off a really awful I'm not interested vibe. Mm hmm it was really rude. Mmm, you kind of were. I'm so sorry. I was having the shittiest week, just broke up with someone. Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Listen. If it were any other night, I would have bought you a drag.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: Really, you're actually the first person that I've gone out with since him. So it's just like a date, is it not.
Speaker 6: I haven't been on a real date in like five years. My god, it kind of makes sense. That's why everything was so awkward before.
Speaker 1: Well thanks, no, no, I sorry I mean that in a really, really cute kind of way. Okay, Mmmm, it's so beautiful out here. Yeah, it's I kind of want to just keep sitting here, you know, and enjoyed of you. Me too.
Speaker 8: This memory will always stick with me. It's in this moment where I felt alone for the very last time. In two years. I will move in with Rusty. He will make me pour over coffee every morning. I will fall asleep on his lap watching reruns of ninety sitcoms. We will fight occasionally, and then it will become more frequent. One of our arguments will escalate and we will break up, but it won't last long, and everything will go back to the way it was. We will eventually start having less sex, but it won't matter because we just like being around each other, talking to each other, sitting in each other's silence. He will eventually go before me, and I will miss him. I will cry every day, and after a while I won't cry.
Speaker 1: As much.
Speaker 8: Because I will remember this moment and play it again in my head, because even without him, I am not alone. In this moment, I am sitting on top of Los Angeles and I see everyone, I hear all of the people who are going through it, just like me, who have been through the hurt.
Speaker 1: I think I was just freaking out because I'm scared. Who cares? It's salmon.
Speaker 4: I wanted to eat it with you.
Speaker 1: I should really fucking move.
Speaker 8: I really fucking should through the mishunter standings.
Speaker 1: And you were never supposed to find out.
Speaker 8: Oh that's supposed to make me feel better.
Speaker 1: You think you can just keep people like shit? What people like me?
Speaker 8: You think you're so much better?
Speaker 2: My work is valuable no matter what you think.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but I'll no like I'm not sorry. So dude, you straight up one behind my back? Why would you do that?
Speaker 8: And the choice of living and loving one another. I'm going to be a father.
Speaker 1: Ye're having a baby. I think about him at least once a week. Like that's nuts, right? Like damn ju well, it is so stupid. I love you, Rusty, I always will. Okay, what are you thinking about? Nothing? This is really nice? What are you thinking? And how I was thinking the same thing. I want to head back down? Can we stay here a little longer? Sure?
Speaker 5: M M.
Speaker 9: The Nighttime was written and directed by me James Kim Jacko code played Zach Joseph Martine played Rusty and Paul Wong played Future Zach. The editor and producer is Cameron Kel. On set sound mixer is Daniel Martinez. Sound designer and head of post production is Diego Perez. Creator and showrunner is me James Kim. On set photographer is Julian Park. Score by Robert Garova and ryle Baum, and the documentary interludes are by Shanisha Martin. Thank you to our sponsors at Sandheiser You feeling this as a production of iHeartRadio and Overtones Media. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, check out the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.