Speaker 1: Keeps to the planet. I go by the name of Charlamagne Tha God.
Speaker 2: And guess what, I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Poeman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions, Decisions Man, DyB and Weezy. Okay, we got the R and B Money podcast were taking Jay Valentine. You got the Women of All podcasts with Saray Jake Roberts, we got Good Mom's Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast, and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, you don't want to miss this.
Speaker 2: Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 3: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Senners Podcast with your hosts Now fuck that with your load glasses Malone.
Speaker 1: So many people that in the sports world that come from there tell us about the people from the sports world that come there.
Speaker 4: Okay, man, Doors just talk about the boys. Sneal from the Los Angeles Dodgers. That's heard a picture Tony Sneill.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, you're talking about uh yeah, Brett he's playing for Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Okay, but he's from Seattle and we were just talking about that.
Speaker 4: He sponsors a love Seattle Select team up there right now.
Speaker 1: That that's where the bats came up.
Speaker 4: At because this team gets all the special equipment up there.
Speaker 5: I know it's some dudes from Seattle for sure. You know that because I know, uh, Jamal Carver from Seattle.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Who else from Seattle?
Speaker 5: Uh, it's it's it's it's some guards that came from Seattle for sure.
Speaker 1: From the NBA, Bradley Beal from Tacoma. Oh, Brady to come yeah, okay, you know, but Isaiah Thomas from Yeah, he's from Seattle. T I t Yeah, from Seattle, Washington.
Speaker 6: What saying? How many sports players come from up there?
Speaker 1: Man, they got mc breed, I mean know, they got to mix a lot. Well, yeah, it's about sports. He was talking about sports people. King is from Brandon Roy, He from Washington. Brandon Roy Brennon Roy from Seattle.
Speaker 6: Seattle, Yeah, from Seattle.
Speaker 5: Brandon Roy might have been the might have been the best hooper from Seattle. Nah, who better than Brandon Roy?
Speaker 7: Nate Robinson Robinson saying better than I'm not saying better than Brandon Roy though, Nate Robinson Trump, Nate Robinson isn't he from up there?
Speaker 1: He's not better than Brandon Roy.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: From Seattle, like Brandon Roy and his prime before he got in jured? Nice?
Speaker 6: Crazy?
Speaker 7: What's good? Joah, what's happening? No, I'm not trying cooland man and ready for the ready for the ready.
Speaker 1: You know, I think it's time we doubled back. You feel me?
Speaker 3: And this conversation became bigger than we wanted it to be, so I figured like you might as well expound on it because we wasn't even really tripping off of the conversation of R and B, but it spawned a whole other conversation where somebody did the Mount Rushmore. I was like, damn, didn't really work.
Speaker 6: Great.
Speaker 1: What's the crack hea for Mount Rushmore? That's a great question. Well, I don't want to do the Mount Rushmore. How'll we double him back.
Speaker 3: Well, I just want to expand further on the conversation because I wouldn't have Mike in R and B, okay.
Speaker 5: Because I want to ask you about that, because when people ask me about this shit, they was like, so, what what's the crack here for R and B? And what's so is Mike R and B? Because I know you say he's pop, but he.
Speaker 1: Makes pop music a lot, but he does have R and B songs in the earlier stages of his career. I don't even know if I would say that because Jackson five is pop? How do we categorize pop though that's not what we do.
Speaker 3: You're making popular when the goal is to make popular, Okay? So R and B initially was considered race music, right, That's what they called it race music because at one time black people were considered people of race, right, and white people con themselves of race just them and it is everybody else but in us, right, So that like when Wexler made the term R and B, you feel me, that was a term coin So it was considered black music R and B. So anybody black making music, I guess some degree you could say that that's some level of R and B, like funk would have to be a descendant of R and B.
Speaker 1: I don't think people understand what R and B means, So can you explain that rhythm and blues? Okay?
Speaker 3: Right, So it's like but Lewis Jordan right as being one of the early founders of it, right, this is in the forties, but it went through different stages right in sub genres. Right, so is a derivative of R and B. So I guess it all is. But pop music probably could be a derivative of soul, right. Ray Charles is probably the father of modern modern pop music. But I just I wouldn't have thought that deep, So I'm not mad at it. I do think pop music is black music that white people.
Speaker 8: Make almost wow search stature popularity, no, no, no, And I think that's just so so when you don't make music, that's how it feels.
Speaker 3: It's like whatever goes popular becomes pop music. But some music was actually created to be popular for the mast from the beginning, like.
Speaker 4: For everybody, like not just one sector of people, for everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like like like like Kentucky fried chicken was like soul food for everybody. But I do think Michael Jackson has R and B songs, but I wouldn't consider that part of his catalog to be like one of the greatest R and B catalogs of all time.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question, what at.
Speaker 5: A certain point in his career, what was what could be considered R and B after because everything he's don't put out was popular music everything.
Speaker 1: No, it's different, like because remember the time, right, that's R and B. That's a new.
Speaker 6: RBN.
Speaker 3: But songs like Thriller, that's kind of pop, right, it's a it's a play beat.
Speaker 1: It so is Lady of My Life?
Speaker 6: What is what is Lady of My Life?
Speaker 1: Lady my Life?
Speaker 9: Is r B?
Speaker 1: For sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah, lady that's who you used that? Yeah, yeah, that's r B like he does have. I mean, it's it's just so, it's just so weird. Thing is pop derived from funk? Is that the closest connection you could because you.
Speaker 1: Said, no, I think pop the rash from soul?
Speaker 3: Okay, so so music, Ray Charles wouldn't be R and B the rib from So No, R and B is the father of soul. R and B is before, So R and B is before. R and B is the father of so what.
Speaker 1: Would you consider uh uh, little Richard.
Speaker 10: See, I would have thought he was rock and roll, rock, rock rock. Little Richard is rock because.
Speaker 7: Rock rock was rock was like like we we think of rock as being the.
Speaker 6: Rock wasn't have to do it. It was a groove was growing.
Speaker 3: All of these things are really small, nuanced things that make it different. But I just wouldn't have thought of Mike as a as a great art like, well, forgive me, that's not the right time, because he's a great R and B when he has R.
Speaker 1: And B songs.
Speaker 3: But it's so many dope ass people that have a bigger and better R and B catalog of music than Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: It's not not so many neither that was off the wall was off the wall R and B album Now it's post disco like disco. It did R and B songs.
Speaker 3: So but there are talents, right, And that's why we gotta really look at the eighties and the nineties. I respect why even that dude's list had that era, because really R and B didn't become R and B the way we know it as far as really pure R and B until the late eighties.
Speaker 1: I wonder who would they say, put out the first R and B album, It's gonna be somebody in the forties, like Louis Jordan is talking about, Like, Okay, I'm talking about the eighties.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 1: In the eighties when you think it was really blossoming to the R and B we think of.
Speaker 3: Now they consider the first R and B superstar Bobby Brown, don't be cruel.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of widely considered thought, at least amongst people I talked to that fuck with R and B and he still had rhythm and blues feel to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is shout out to New York Hallum. You know what I'm saying, Teddy Riley mm hmm. That's why I put so much emphasis probably on That's why I put so much emphasis probably on like, uh, the Key Sweat Record, the Key Sweat Album.
Speaker 10: Uh, what's the time I'm thinking about the traps?
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 1: It's like see.
Speaker 3: So while my favorite R and B album is probably like like, uh Unpredictable by Jamie Fox, I think the greatest.
Speaker 6: That is so crazy.
Speaker 5: Crazy trap that was crazy when he told me that.
Speaker 1: When he told me that too.
Speaker 3: And don't get wrong, because it's not because you don't have to be the artist like, it's not. Jamie Fox is more than a qualified artist and sing really well, he can execute well. He's not bad. He's like a top tier talent. But that album just is my favorite, and I wouldn't argue it for being the greatest. I'm not saying it's one of the GUFA. I'm telling you what y'all think. This is objective, right, and it's my favorite in the jam that's not that's a great album.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 3: It goes to that conversation where like when we say, what's the better album bad or Bad or make it last favor? And I can tell y'all bet Bad is a better album than Make It Last fact it is. Right now that sounds crazy because Bad is obviously Michael Jackson. It don't mean Keith Sweat is a more successful artist than Michael Jackson or a greater artist or a better artist.
Speaker 5: But it just means, like how you put it up for TC, put a number on Bad as a as a as.
Speaker 10: A record as the bad single is whack. Okay, so the single bad is whack or it's not bad bad, it is horrible, But I cannot.
Speaker 7: They shot that video inside of a new York City train. My mother work that my mother worked the train clerk that.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying that.
Speaker 5: I can't believe I'm saying this, But I grew with glasses man. But that was not good.
Speaker 1: That is whack.
Speaker 3: The single was wack speed I agree to I don't like that song like that demon is whack.
Speaker 1: I disagree, you know, I just so it was great when I was a little kid.
Speaker 3: When I was a little kid and and that movie came out and he was racing against that little animated rabbit. That was like the greatest thing in the world to me. But as I get older and I'm listening, what what the fuck is this.
Speaker 6: Tripping boss?
Speaker 1: Boss?
Speaker 6: They tripping boss?
Speaker 7: I knew.
Speaker 1: I knew that video was like as a kid, like the video.
Speaker 5: Was amazing, them getting together and circling each other and snapping their fingers.
Speaker 6: No, no, I.
Speaker 10: Got you know New York City Train shut the train station down. Had had had some of the best dances in the video, like got Crazy Dan was an amazing video.
Speaker 5: Growing up in Inglewood, I'm watching this video and I'm like, you understand that, Yeah, I say, maybe, what is it to understand?
Speaker 1: I didn't get it? I didn't get it.
Speaker 10: Hold on, when you you telling me when you came to New York you're on the train, didn't think first thing he thought it was the Bad Hell No, I had to think about before I thought. I never until you just said that, I was like, oh man, I never even thought that.
Speaker 6: That was That was J Street bro or train station in New York.
Speaker 3: No bad ship I saw on train stations from hip hop. I would have never in my life thought of Bad.
Speaker 6: That was an amazing video. That was an amazing video.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not mad, I think look I think Bad.
Speaker 3: I think Make It Last for Ever is a better album and a more important album than Bad, and.
Speaker 10: A better album period just music, sheer music. I agree with you, but again, I.
Speaker 3: Mean that ain't to say, but Make It Last Ever is probably one of the greatest R and B albums ever, right, I mean it launched the genre and launched the movement.
Speaker 1: It launched a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: I mean, Michael Jackson thought Bad was so good he went and got the producer of Maga Last Ever to do.
Speaker 1: His next album. So Michael Jackson agreed with me.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the lunch table that think I'm not being fair but Michael Jackson agreed. He was like, I'm not messing with Quincy no more. I'm going to Teddy Riley.
Speaker 1: That's a fact.
Speaker 11: He was good for that.
Speaker 1: That's not a glasses fact. That's a fact. He did that so that he saw that Keith Sweat, he saw that Bobby Brown.
Speaker 3: He was like, I'm going to get one of them. What we was doing is a thing of the past.
Speaker 1: Let's go do this.
Speaker 3: That's how much he thought Bad and Make It Last Ever came out close to each other. He saw Bad whooping his ass. Black people wasn't fucking with Bad. He saw make It Last Forever whooping his ass. Because Megan Last Forever is better than Bad. I've been saying this for years people. The fact that people even marking Crazy. I don't think you as a song the album.
Speaker 6: It's an album.
Speaker 11: Oh no, I'm not rolling.
Speaker 1: As he check out now you're saying the song for two years about this man and girl, it's better than any song gonna make It Last Forever. I'm not rolling, not Bery and Girl.
Speaker 10: Nigga's a volunten song of the album.
Speaker 1: I Want Her. It's better than every song on Bad. Yeah, man, I have to agree. That I want her. It's better than every last song.
Speaker 6: On Bad Bad.
Speaker 1: That's overrated guys very much.
Speaker 7: So are you saying you're saying Bad is the best R and B album of all time? No, not Bad Bad Bad. I mean, I mean make a last feather.
Speaker 10: No, that's that's his Confession A better Confessions.
Speaker 6: I forgot? Is it better Confessions?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, no it's not better. No it's not.
Speaker 3: But I prefer Unpredictable over Confessions. Even though Confessions is a greater album.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense? Yeah, like it's obvious that album. But you know again we're talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, because I feel like, uh, off the Wall a better album than Thriller, But I think Thriller is the greater album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's and that's what we talk about. The quant to find greatness.
Speaker 11: I ain't mad at that.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: Live lunch Hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday right here noon Pacific Standard time, digital soapbox.
Speaker 1: Click that thumbs up button, like it. That's what I means. Like this video. It's all y'all in here. Like that video.
Speaker 3: Please on YouTube, you on Twitter, retweet this link, if you on Facebook, share this post. Uh we do this stream to support the No Senters podcast fresh episode just drop.
Speaker 1: It's getting stronger. Stream does a good thing. Uh.
Speaker 3: The No Sentners podcast available on Apple Podcasts, iHeart Podcasts or anywhere you get your podcasts from No Sillner's podcast executive produced by Charlemagne to God, the Black Effect Network and iHeart Look as far as that Man's mind rushmore. I think R Kelly and Us should really have a claim to be on there.
Speaker 1: They really do.
Speaker 3: Like R Kelly easily could be there all time, Like that wouldn't even be crazy, Like I wouldn't even debate someone saying that R.
Speaker 1: Kelly is the grad is R and B actor. It's R Kelly like he's a monster. Can I ask you a question, though?
Speaker 5: Do we sleep on babyface when we start talking about this R and B My first.
Speaker 1: One, because we talk about artists.
Speaker 6: Are the only artist his pets.
Speaker 1: And he's a nice R and B artist talking about artist, and yeah, I get him.
Speaker 3: R Kelly and Usher really has a claim to probably be the greatest R and B act. But my issue is Michael Jackson's claim is not stronger than Stevie Wonder's claim.
Speaker 5: If we talking about artists, if we just straight up artistry. Yeah, then Michael Jackson's claim is stronger than Stevie.
Speaker 12: I don't know, man, because I think how Stevie Wonder wrote and produced for Michael Jackson too. But we said what we're talking, We saying this artist though, I'm saying that Michael Jackson's artistry baby Face back in the conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Chris Brown on that list, Michael Jackson. I'm not quite sure as far as just pure R and B. I'm just saying not pure R and B like you know, and again, like we can kind of say pop is a is a subgenre of R and B because it's a sub genre of soul. But I probably would, like it's hard for me not to imagine the world without songs in the Key of Life.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite album of all time right there.
Speaker 3: That's really tough, Like that's the that's kind of the jit, Like that's R and B and soul like kind of the pinnacle, you know what I mean, somebody really using black music.
Speaker 1: So when does R and B change? I think R and B the way we see it is really in the eighties. Okay, that's what you were saying, coach.
Speaker 3: Because I think we look at a lot of other stuff before, as all of the the originals were kind of fixing every like they were kind of starting to experiment with everything.
Speaker 1: So what changed in R and B in the eighties It just got pure.
Speaker 3: I think they changed it to contemporary army where it started kind of being obviously just that.
Speaker 6: They say.
Speaker 5: Ratchet this to R and B two though, like I think it kind of made R and B a little more edgy in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a little more edgy.
Speaker 3: So I'm not upset at that, but I just couldn't imagine the world without Stevie Wonders songs in the kid life.
Speaker 1: I think that's one of the most important.
Speaker 3: And if that's the case, then we are we If we putting Michael Jackson in there, then we have to put prints in it. So we're gonna put them all in there. It's gonna be really tough for.
Speaker 1: Chris Brown.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, it's really tough for Chris Brown, and it's really gonna start being tough for us, You're and R Kelly, because now if you're just gonna take all of this black music, you know that came from R and B, and you gotta put Prince now do R Kelly got an album as great as let's say, Purple Rain.
Speaker 1: Probably not, that's who R Kelly. Probably that Double.
Speaker 5: Purple, that Double Us City called the game Trap was all right, it was called all He thought he got another one. I thought it was all.
Speaker 7: One that was read in black, the one that was read in black, the double CD joint, everything about twelve play two.
Speaker 5: Because I know he got one with like thirty thirty songs on it, and the only problem a bunch of great songs on there. Well, in thirty songs, you're going to have about six or seven of them that we're just and I think that Purple Rain, Man the Rain was a great album.
Speaker 1: So I'm saying, so this becomes my problem.
Speaker 3: Right, It's like, okay, if we're not gonna try to do pure R and B and it just becomes R and B and all sub genres, you're gonna have a fight. It's gonna be some records in there that probably ain't even just black artists exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh that's crazy. I was gonna ask that question.
Speaker 5: Was known as race at first, that take white people out of the conversation altogether.
Speaker 1: I think it brought race. I think it brought white people into the conversation when they changed it to R and B so.
Speaker 5: You could throw Have you ever heard of an artist named John Billion?
Speaker 11: Of course, that's one of my favorite artists.
Speaker 1: Bro Okay, I love John Billions.
Speaker 3: I really don't like the only white singers I like. I can't say that. I don't really consider most white people really good singers. I think people sing really good for white people. I think if you listen to have like like Tina Marie Sings.
Speaker 10: Is Cold, Hall of Notes, Darryl Hall, some of these dudes, like, it's some that really get cracking.
Speaker 1: But I just saint Finnish like Mariah Carey.
Speaker 3: That's out forgive me, Bobby can't. I've got a couple of songs Bob in there. Bob got that tone. But like that's my point. So Michael McDonald, yep, yep, Michael, see like you have to start putting Michael McDonald, dude, brother, you.
Speaker 1: Start talking some shit gonna get crazy.
Speaker 5: I don't think we go all the way back, like you said, you might have to start with in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Start at the eighties.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Mark Gear, Shout out to everybody at the lunch table. Everybody cooking early because is like, oh, were on this conversation. I knew this conversation is gonna be crazy. Softie, what's up?
Speaker 6: Eight?
Speaker 1: And age fast? Boss? What's up? Rough Squish? Thank you for being here? V? What's the deal? Bro?
Speaker 3: Joey Westside, thank you for moderating, Santy Squisch Lext what's shut up?
Speaker 11: Next?
Speaker 1: I expect you to call in on this conversation. Boss.
Speaker 3: I know I'm gonna piss you off a little bit, but just work with me. Yato name, what's happening?
Speaker 11: Cool?
Speaker 1: What's the deal? We're gonna get to it.
Speaker 3: Let me get going because there's a lot of people cooking at the table, so I can't go through all the names. Thank y'all for being here because we're trying to work it out. Trying to work it out. No, I think Mariah is a great singer for like a white person.
Speaker 6: Shit ladies, man, come on.
Speaker 1: You no like you know what I mean? No, she's the no, So.
Speaker 11: I see what you are.
Speaker 6: Ryan can't saying I never see highlight that comment.
Speaker 11: Ro can't.
Speaker 1: Nobody here said I did not see.
Speaker 6: You said Brandy can't tell? You said Brandy can't.
Speaker 10: The other day I did not say Brandy the mnus, well, you might as well said that.
Speaker 6: You might as well said that.
Speaker 10: No, I did not say Brandy said she was a seventh. You said she was assessing and she was an eight.
Speaker 6: Same thing, it's the same thing.
Speaker 1: It's Wheeney Houston and Many Rippleton is tens. Okay, so that's cap.
Speaker 5: So when Winnie Howston is a ten, what's cap Miny Rippleton is like a seven?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no no, no, coach, coach, coach.
Speaker 1: I know you don't know that, but I had to go back. I had to go back and listen to many like you talking about a ten. She's not what is wrong with your ears? I'm talking about vocally, she's not a ten like she had a great song.
Speaker 11: Let let's.
Speaker 1: Let him cook for let him cook for a while.
Speaker 5: Women, six six mini Rippleton vocally is a ten. Ripper ripper ten is attend to you what vocally?
Speaker 11: Finish your thought? And then I'll expound.
Speaker 12: No, I'm I'm asking, yeah, yeah, yeah, anywhere it's crazy.
Speaker 1: So women, what song? What song was she? Vocally? So great on.
Speaker 6: That last he got he Got touched the memory?
Speaker 1: Just play loving You, I do play.
Speaker 5: It's one of her best songs, and what are ya getting from that to where she's a ten?
Speaker 1: Vocally?
Speaker 11: She had a whistlebody else and music that she had a whistle.
Speaker 1: Nothing, nobody, nobody else in music can do it.
Speaker 6: I knew it.
Speaker 1: I knew that what y'all thinking all the way Mariah carry and in that case the Malaya's for sure. But Maria is not Many. That's the problem with your This is like me watching basketball. You're watching basket. I look at somebody cross over and notice it's just across over. You see the Nuances is a ten?
Speaker 10: Many carry cannot hold nothing is Diana Russell.
Speaker 1: Then also, here we.
Speaker 11: Go, I got this is how I got out of the pocket last week because you just.
Speaker 1: Out of control and so and so I said, it's only crazy and not many, not one of them.
Speaker 3: Many, for sure. Every single will tell you Mini's a ten. Every single breathing air will tell you.
Speaker 11: Every single will tell you Brandy is a ten too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so okay, so exactly so, And I gotta go with six on that.
Speaker 1: If many rippertains attend, Brandy can't do what many does.
Speaker 5: She can't whistle, Okay, cool, it's not She's singing, all right, that she can't whistle.
Speaker 11: We can't.
Speaker 12: We can't say like just because this person can't do like they don't have the exact they don't have to have the exact same skill set to be a ten.
Speaker 6: I agree.
Speaker 1: I agree all the time, Like what is happening?
Speaker 3: I know, I'll tell you all the time because you pay all the diversity and I'm telling you it's not You could do one thing and be the best at it and be a team. I'm not like Anita Baker is probably the closest to a tend but it's all low.
Speaker 1: Octive and I do I agree with that. Or you could have a top octave right like like Bobby de Barge right and switch. I agree with that.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying if, but if you're going to call many Ripperton attend and there's some other people that you left out, then.
Speaker 1: That no, you just have bad ears.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, you don't know way you can listen to many Ripperton and don't think to yourself that realized this is kind of like a one.
Speaker 5: I think that she's a great I think she has great songs, and she don't really.
Speaker 1: Have She don't really have a lot of great songs. Are great, a great song. You talk about her vote vocally as a monster. She's like a real deal vocalist.
Speaker 5: Okay, cool, cool cool. I think she does that one thing. I think she's in her lane. She got her lane and she does that very well.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. She don't have a lane. Hers is variety. Mm hmm. She she covered the spectrum. She like yo, Lebron James. What anyway, she's like a spectrum. My ears are bad, man, Let's move it on there. That's cool.
Speaker 5: Apparently all y'all think she's a ten, so I'm out.
Speaker 1: That's that's a cracking pa Bell is probably a ten. Pal Belt is a ten team for sure.
Speaker 3: But but the point I was making was, this is a real weird conversation because we're trying to decide.
Speaker 1: Are we calling everything in R and B?
Speaker 3: Since since all of the sub genres right, which could be sold, which could be pop, which could be funk, which could be all of these things kind of come from the original rhythm and blues once you got past gospel. So it's like, even when I look at a Michael Jackson, right, it's like Michael Jackson made more pop songs and R and B something me wrong. His R and B songs is fire right, But I'm just saying it's people that have really dope pop some and he's one of them.
Speaker 12: Who's your top five white soul singers?
Speaker 7: You know, he don't toe into that. He don't toe into that too much as that one. You know, I'm toning to that too much. They don't carry souls, so he ain't gonna listen to that, right, am? I?
Speaker 6: Right? Am? I? Right?
Speaker 1: Glasses? My favorite five soul singers white one?
Speaker 3: Only so many white people were sold it is it favorite five white songs? Okay, so personally my favorite five, right is is Daryl Hall. Daryl Hall got the best voice of any white person ever. I fucking love Darryl Hall. Boys, Daryl, I wish I actually sang like Daryl Hall. Darryl Hall is the ship Number two. Remember Daryl Hall?
Speaker 1: Clip this please? I think you did, because it's gonna be really tough like number two. The Little Lady out of It that Rick James put on Tina right, tanum reed? For sure, that's that's the real deal. Okay, Now, just voice.
Speaker 3: Bobby called, well, he ain't got that many songs that I really jam. But Bobby called withell voice is fire m right. Number four is Michael McDonald mm hmm, best voice and soul, put some soul in there.
Speaker 1: And number five Elton John m hmm.
Speaker 6: Okay, Phil Collins or nothing. I think. I think, I say George Michaels some ship like.
Speaker 1: George on that man, No Elton John, el Jonathan.
Speaker 6: Go out and go.
Speaker 3: I don't really think that's how I like. Like listening to Brian Carey is like listening to like a diet version of Minnie Riperton. They always called it a little that's missing when she goes up there, it's like a soul that's missing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 3: That's my five favorite white soul sing They got sould.
Speaker 1: So no female white females. You just okay, you don't mess with that. He don't mess with that. He don't mess no, no, no, no no no. A Dale is cool for like a white singer.
Speaker 6: Mm hmman song.
Speaker 3: If her sisters sang like Adele, I wouldn't even listen to her.
Speaker 1: Hey, let me ask you, where were you? Where's like every sister walking down? Where'd y'all put Celine Dion vocally?
Speaker 7: You can sing for a white lady, Yeah, I'm a glass on that one.
Speaker 1: What was the Mexican girl back in the days he used to sing Selena?
Speaker 6: Talking about what's Selena? No no no coming no no no, no no no.
Speaker 7: He's talking about talking about Lera who to be cracking for white man. I was talking about the incredible.
Speaker 10: Some of it.
Speaker 1: Look some of them white ladies, white lady.
Speaker 5: But all these, all those white ladies you just named, are are what you're talking about as far as know.
Speaker 1: So they don't they got so they got sol for like white people. Yeah, white people. So white people, they don't sound like.
Speaker 10: Got sold Tina Tina, Tina, Tina got it is bad.
Speaker 3: That's a bad motherfucker. That's that's tinam Ree is the real deal. Yeah, ain't nobody gonna play with Teena Marie.
Speaker 1: That's real. I like wine House voice shout out to the lunch tape. I like Amy, that was cool. I feel like.
Speaker 3: Listening to Amy wine House like like a very diet light minute made version of like.
Speaker 1: Nina Simone. I was thinking the same thing. That's a second jazz, Like.
Speaker 3: I think the thing that's that's what it feels like when I listened to uh, Amy Winehouse.
Speaker 11: It's like, yeah, what about Robin Think.
Speaker 3: I like Rob Robin Think is a dope white singer. You can sing, period, but that's for white people. He's gonna be like a nine now on just black singers, he like a six.
Speaker 1: I know you gonna kill me for this. But j T, that's like.
Speaker 5: J was a better singer until he got on the stage with Brian mcnott.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you realize it. Yeah, it was different, Like j T was a good singer than Brian.
Speaker 6: He they did.
Speaker 5: You know, they got a song together, they got the stage of performing. I was there alive, and it was different. It was idam he can't even say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want to see That's what I'm saying with like John, Beyonce is probably like a seven or eight.
Speaker 11: If Brian you're gonna get drugged for that. I know from.
Speaker 5: About I think she's an We just said vocally no six. Do you have inside information on Beyonce?
Speaker 1: Like is she what is she? Vocally? Beyonce?
Speaker 11: I don't really listen to Beyonce to be honest, I never heard the album or anything. I've only heard singing. Yeah, I never listened. I never was drawn to her musical that.
Speaker 6: So you heard one plus one.
Speaker 3: Though I'm thinking Beyonce is somewhere. Like I said, I think she a lot stronger than everybody. To get me credit for, I.
Speaker 1: Think Beyonce is underrated as a singer though yeah I agree.
Speaker 6: I agree.
Speaker 1: It might be closer to her nine and you think.
Speaker 3: That could be true, but she don't do the songs to exercise where she could go.
Speaker 1: She also kind of stay controlled.
Speaker 3: So after walk, Rihanna is not an eight bro, that's.
Speaker 1: The bos nigga.
Speaker 11: Rihanna is a little bit. Rihanna is a little better than Cassie.
Speaker 1: You said that.
Speaker 12: In fact, she was a little better than Cassie. Yeah, yeah, see that's a hot take.
Speaker 3: And I get wide, bro because as a fan, y'all feel like y'all listen, like we kind of really listened to it. Like if you thought Rihanna was an eight bro, your fucking taste is horrible.
Speaker 6: That's crazy. Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Like now, Rihanna as an as a female vocalist as excuse me, as a female actor, great act, She's an amazing act, but not vocally, bro, No before, it's not diabolical.
Speaker 1: T bods is a four? No six? Is you can sing at a six, like you get cracking at a six. Cracking out of six is crazy.
Speaker 11: Heard boy singing, I'm about to put her up.
Speaker 6: I think a unique voice though.
Speaker 1: I think that's her selling point, her unique voice.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's what it was. Eight and nine. She get up there, so yeah, I have to listen a little bit more. She gets listen.
Speaker 3: Whitney Houston and many Riperton are teens, right, that's that's great, Like you know, I mean, it's people up there too. So if you're Whitney Houston, you're t bos. That's what you have to compare. H.
Speaker 1: But you don't need agree with Whitney.
Speaker 3: Uh, you don't need to be like like see, when I think of R and B, I think of people like Luther Vandraws, people that really just sing, hm, they don't really like. Luther Vandross is a ten vocally like Luther Van Draws is a ten. Everybody know Luther Van not argument between no human beings that no. Luther Vandross vocally is a te Luther Luther. Everybody know Luther Vandras Tu. You ain't got to look at nobody. Marvin Gay is a ten.
Speaker 11: I just listened to T boys.
Speaker 12: Yes, how fast I clicked back to the to the part right, you just listen to t balls.
Speaker 1: What would you give from me?
Speaker 11: Like five?
Speaker 1: Six? Thank you? That's what it ain't I said, it's four. I said like five six? Or is? I think? Okay? I mean, but that's your that's your opinion, Yeah, because because.
Speaker 3: You gotta have space in the middle, like, right, where's Tina Marie?
Speaker 1: Teana Marie is seen them? Damn near might be a nine bro right, So then think about how good Tina Marie is compared to teapots. I mean, yeah, that's what's the five point? That's what five like. It's not about three points, about bout five points like them big three points though. Okay, let's go seven eight, Let me think, let me think I got you. Who's that?
Speaker 3: Uh Tony Braxton? Okaye, where'd you put Tony?
Speaker 1: Tony might be like a you might be like eight and a half Tony Braxton eight and a half?
Speaker 6: Nine?
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm not mad at that?
Speaker 6: Locally eight you can track.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I gotta go out to vlast is, where would you put Alicia Keys?
Speaker 6: Six?
Speaker 1: That's a good question seven seven, eight, seven because she can even relate them goddamn piano course, mm hmm. She kind of just she like really sneaky good too, like Alicia Keys vocally is sneaky good. Do you think only a seven or eight I got? I have to really listen to a seven or eight.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you a question because I thought about something that we talked about yesterday. Do some people, because they're such good performers, get that taken away from their their their performance vocally?
Speaker 1: I think Michael Jackson is one of those people.
Speaker 5: Because, like I said, Mike, what about Prince vocally than we think he is?
Speaker 6: Prince is great vocally, though Prince s different actors like Prince is Crazy just live.
Speaker 1: Like twice Prince Prince is different. You see, he's Prince.
Speaker 3: And Alicia Keys are kind of like close. I don't know, that might be pushing I need to.
Speaker 1: A Prince live.
Speaker 5: Prince vocally was flawless, old flaws bro it was crazy.
Speaker 6: Change is active.
Speaker 7: The way he's singing, you're saying, he's saying many different ways though.
Speaker 10: The Princess crazy professional one of the team.
Speaker 1: You get Prince seven seven, You got.
Speaker 11: Prince in the same realm as Alicia Keys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do the same thing. Actually, what you think about that? Trapping six.
Speaker 11: Wow that I don't agree with Prince nine eight and a half.
Speaker 1: You know, no, he's not a nine. Wait man, so six you say no to a nine or eight or seven or eight? Prince vocally?
Speaker 11: No, I'm saying no to seven.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, seven or eight? That's what I said. What you what you gotta? Uh king by the eight.
Speaker 7: And a half.
Speaker 10: Hmm, came my man, let's don't sing da.
Speaker 3: He's different, his different vocally. He is nice, but he's not.
Speaker 5: I think he's one of those guys who performed so well that where you you forget how.
Speaker 1: Good you know?
Speaker 10: It's not Michael Jackson is. That's my problem. And Michael Jackson I think better, a better vocalist, and I feel.
Speaker 1: Like losing your fucking mind.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: It's cool, you got you got Stevie. It's close.
Speaker 6: You got Stevie.
Speaker 3: Vocally, the same place, the same place with Prince and Lisa Key.
Speaker 6: Is not with them being come on stop that.
Speaker 3: Sneaky, really really good, bro. She has a good control, she has good range. She's not I'm telling you she a lot sneakier good than you could imagine that.
Speaker 12: I gotta come through soon, and we got to spend like an hour or two and I got I have to.
Speaker 11: I gotta train your ear to show you what you need to be listening to.
Speaker 1: Got you that's fair. You know you do it. You're here. I know, no, you gotta do it. But but I think it's fair for me.
Speaker 6: No music.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's music vocally. I agree with that.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's a disservice to say Stevie Wonder is an eight vocally. That's not I'm not disserve it's not a disservice to him or because really, their calling card is not necessarily the.
Speaker 1: Performance I say.
Speaker 3: I think they're calling card is the fact that these are some of the ad as musicians ever ever that could actually sing me as.
Speaker 12: I think, Prince, I mean, I think you you have to go listen to my bad coach. You gotta go listen to Stevie Wonders vocally on the live version of Ribbon in the Sky where he's emulating the instruments that are playing at the end in the band Nigga that vocal performances out of it.
Speaker 3: Again again, I'm not I'm not again, I'm not stuck here. I'm just saying if you're asking me, this.
Speaker 1: Is my thought.
Speaker 3: Now again, I could go do this, do a deep dive and realize I was tripping this.
Speaker 1: Niggas as good as you gets? What about Smokey Robinson seven eight.
Speaker 6: You got? You got Donny Hathaway.
Speaker 11: Yes, he's a tough crowd everybody.
Speaker 1: When I listened to you sing.
Speaker 6: Bro like I want to him, you got down.
Speaker 1: Eight eight nine is nice.
Speaker 6: I ain't mad at that.
Speaker 3: See like I like Bobby. The bars is a ten one gear. Right, here's the question six I got you? Where's Berry White vocally?
Speaker 11: Oh that's a good one vocal I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I probably they canna play with these. I respect.
Speaker 12: From your neighborhood. I'm not doing the twins from the Whispers coach.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm going back to Burrial fast.
Speaker 7: Look at Joey Webside, said Joey Weside, the tent from Bothy.
Speaker 1: That's not bad. Seven and a half at bad. I'm not mad at that. Okay. When from the Whispers day that's some bad one. They get cracky.
Speaker 3: They solid what's funny is Rothel is my favorite vocalist as far as male vocalist. Well, obviously there's a couple, but ro is my I've listened to more Rotha music than any other male vocals.
Speaker 5: This is where you get people fucked up, though, because you give all these other singers seven's and six and ship and then you be like.
Speaker 1: Jamie Fox unpredictable.
Speaker 6: That's crazy, crazy.
Speaker 10: Because you don't need to have a ten for you to be my What really they are? How they make me?
Speaker 6: Number?
Speaker 1: Does it get? Ro Probably a seven?
Speaker 6: Eight?
Speaker 1: And then I'm like, go ahead, go sx my.
Speaker 12: Nigga Gavin from Third Story, who don't get no claim to fame as a ten vocally and nobody probably.
Speaker 11: Even heard of them. But I put that with anybody, hm, anybody?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have to think about it.
Speaker 3: I think it like I think my my rating system makes sense because I'm judging just singing, Like you don't have to be the greatest singer to be my favorite. Again, Like I'm like, Michael Jackson is a way greater vocalist than Keith Sweat, but Make It Last Ever is a better album than Bad.
Speaker 5: But I think a lot more goes than making a great album than just vocals exactly.
Speaker 1: So that's why I don't think what I'm saying it's crazy you know what I'm saying. Whitney Houston is one of the greatest.
Speaker 3: It's probably the greatest female vocalists ever. And I don't play none of her songs. I wouldn't be caught dead playing with me.
Speaker 1: Why not weekly, I just.
Speaker 7: Don't care about the records they come on. I want to dance with.
Speaker 6: Somebody, never traver right one too.
Speaker 1: I want to have about that ship is the ship? Yeah, I would never remember that line of Richie, you don't play all night long?
Speaker 3: A lot of ches with the commodoors and maybe hello hey all night long?
Speaker 6: Only I got one for you, bro, what's Teddy Pendergras.
Speaker 1: Line?
Speaker 3: Just could start making pop music? He start competing and and I respected that.
Speaker 1: I just I don't thriller, Bro.
Speaker 11: I just saw something this morning, Bro, I gotta send it to y'all. It was one I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't play thriller either. Yeah, I don't play thriller like I sometimes when I do either, I don't play bad or Thriller.
Speaker 5: Off the wall, off the wall that that get played.
Speaker 11: Yeah, tankers are ten. Tankers are ten vocally for sure.
Speaker 5: And you know what that was new when you said that, that was news to me. But but if you you know, if you.
Speaker 1: Heard I'm saying you heard it, he might know like that that is news to me, you say the expert.
Speaker 7: That's why these all these plaquis R and B.
Speaker 1: Nigga, I'm a rapper locally.
Speaker 5: Tank is ten a ten Yeah, because when I started atas, I was like, Okay, but he got inside information.
Speaker 1: I think I think he's.
Speaker 3: Talking about his professional skill set as a singer. It's still like an execution, like Tank ain't no.
Speaker 12: Goddamn professional skill set because I always look at it.
Speaker 11: I always look at it this way right.
Speaker 12: I've had people over the years call me and say, Yo, I'm with so and so with this girl. Whatever she could sing, you want to hear a sing? And I'm like no, because you being able to sing in front of me or sing on the phone don't mean you can go in there and make a record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's singing. We're not talking about to make a record.
Speaker 12: But I'm saying, like, I don't look at Tank's ability to go in and uh to make a record professionally based on that that nigga can stand on the corner just like she stand in the corner.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't know, g man, I heard somebody talk to me about it yesterday too. I sing it like really singing. She stood, don't think like She started, bringing me through the history of he was a backup singer.
Speaker 6: Started. She started, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna show you.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna show you when I pull up on you show me.
Speaker 1: Yep. I got to pull up on Tank and just make him just go, get cracking, nigga. So get cracking.
Speaker 3: Real nigga real, Like a lot of my stuff is not considered the greatest thing. No no, he's not. No, no, And this is my problem. And this is why I won't let you say that ship six see the type of ship that's happened. But that's what is different than yours.
Speaker 1: Though you need to say somebody's a ten. You gotta sing as good as Luther. Luther is his standard. I mean, if you're gonna say it.
Speaker 3: Like I'm like, you gotta sing as good as these people. You don't have to sing just like them, but it has to be as good as him. So like Tank, I thought Tank is more than a qualified sacre. I think Tank get cracking. I would have thought Tank is an eight or something seven eight. He understands music, he understands equipment instruments, He know how to do all of that shit.
Speaker 1: He tough.
Speaker 3: But I wouldn't have thought the niggas saying him and Luther on the corner, it wouldn't be no motherfucking battle.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the hell six talking about Luther would blow.
Speaker 12: I didn't say nothing about Luther, nigga, you just made him he is six. But that's your criteria. You Luther is your standard, not mine.
Speaker 1: Is Luther not a team?
Speaker 11: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 6: Can I Can I say this though?
Speaker 1: Can I say now that six six is saying this shit A classes in this Luther talk? Is just want you to say Luther. I'm just gonna say this, man. That's why I looked at him early.
Speaker 5: Luther is cool, is tight, Luther's don't average no disrespect from about Luther. But I don't know if if lutheran Tank staying on the corner. I don't know if Luther just killed Tank. I'm gonna be honest with you, man. After listening to Tank, listen to Luther. Luther is done.
Speaker 11: Just go listen, bro.
Speaker 1: You gotta understand nothing you could listen to. That's gonna be close.
Speaker 5: Because Glass has got those he got some old people in his head that he just he just they on that that pantheon for him.
Speaker 1: But so you're saying, Luther van Dross don't deserve what I'm saying. See he gonna try to get me saying that's what you want to say, though you're saying matty much every other sake, Luther van Dross is one of the greatest vocalists to ever exist. Luther, is there true Luther?
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't want to say nothing too bad, but.
Speaker 11: That's all you did last.
Speaker 1: Week, and I just asked questions about that. People probably talking bad about him all the time. Is Luther operted? No, this is your fault six I know No, you did know, so you know you did Bush. I'm a seven year old. This is why. This is why I staying on it. So I don't have this.
Speaker 5: I'm a seven year old. I don't I'm asking a question somebody. I'm just is Luther overrated?
Speaker 11: No, not that, not even close to overrated.
Speaker 5: Okay, So so is he rated properly then? Or is he he's right where he needs to be at Luther, that's one of the greatest this is Luther is a.
Speaker 1: It's for me.
Speaker 12: Ago because my thing is this, like even Luther could be a twelve, like Whitney could be a twelve those.
Speaker 1: Type of things. Is that measurement.
Speaker 11: But some of these players are in their own realm, bro.
Speaker 3: Like, But they have to be able to sing as these people in these realms to be a ting.
Speaker 12: That's why, men, let me ask you this. Are you saying that the people that you have as eights male singers don't have the ability to do what the tens do vocally?
Speaker 1: They can have the moment what you mean, they got him, so they deliver sometimes, but a ten is a ten every time, Like Luther is Luther Van draws no matter how you slice it.
Speaker 11: Somebody said, what would you rate James Brown?
Speaker 12: Come on, oh no, James Brown good singer.
Speaker 3: He was on his Godfather soul Ship. He kind of got a unique tone. He's an underrated singer. To me, he could sing. But you can't go funk James Brown because obviously he wasn't singing at that point that nigga was just shouting her.
Speaker 5: But Josh, this is what you do to you though, Like g y'all be saying, I'm baiting.
Speaker 1: You know what what you start calling me coach? This is dark, This is dark, this is dark. Beata right here? Does he do his baiting really? Fly?
Speaker 5: And I just come out and asked my question. GV wanted you to lead yourself into some bullshit little sneaky ship.
Speaker 3: I have a constant, so like I'm okay with saying him because I have to stand on him. So then I don't want to wake up one day and find somebody else. So we're talking about R and B.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say somebody's a tin and they can't sing with somebody that's a tin. Billy Holliday, I love Billy Holliday. I take a little bit more time.
Speaker 12: Just so I'm trying to gain a better understanding. So Luther is a ten yep, what's the equivalent on the hip hop side as Luther.
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: I just listen to hip hop ain't just about talent like that. Hip hop is still like a street urban cultural movement, so like it's not just it's not just dependent on talent per se, Like like it's just not the same.
Speaker 1: Hip hop is different.
Speaker 11: So you don't got no ten on.
Speaker 1: Hip hip hop music is actually not good.
Speaker 7: I don't say that brow but just like you know, I stand on it.
Speaker 1: You need me to.
Speaker 12: In the realm of like how we're judging singers on.
Speaker 11: Their ability to sing.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you heard me, Hey what I want to do something freaking to you and then go listen to than you don't notice the difference musically, like.
Speaker 1: Think is bad? What well? I think on a pantheon of music right now, just straight music. Doctor Dre wouldn't tell you G thing is on the same level as Leon Haywood. I want to do something for you said. It's not on the same level. It's not even in the same arena. G Thing is not good. I think hip hop at the whole the music is just all of it is. Maybe the best is like a six. All hip just the music. It's a D. I mean an instrumentation of the music.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, all right, all right, you know what you're talking about, because the message.
Speaker 1: Hip hop, the whole, the whole package is what makes it like a thirty. But the music part of it is just a D. It's under there. Yeah hell yeah, Okay, Like the best is like a C. So it's a seven, yeah, like a seven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you have any acts that you think are higher than the seed that kind of hold up the you know, get it up to the scene.
Speaker 1: So to just mute like, is there somebody hip hop that make music good? White? Fuck?
Speaker 7: No, let me tell you why hip hop is not that right there, because the creation, the creation method of hip hop has to has to be put up there more more than what you're saying. It is though, because the fact that you can take anything making it hip.
Speaker 3: Hop the creation method. Forgive me trap. I don't mean to cut you off. Thereat don't matter when it comes to hip hop. Like the music were talking about. That's what makes hip hop special. That's like asking it's soul food healthy. Like what makes hip hop special is the fantas you can. You could take anything and make it into hip hop.
Speaker 6: Cherry.
Speaker 1: You could take the only black music.
Speaker 10: Like we're we're comparing to other really talented black me I've never heard of hip hop song the music and thought, man, this is like Arry White.
Speaker 1: So hip hop music is not good for you artist.
Speaker 3: No, No, soul food don't have to clog the arteries. I just think you're comparing musicians.
Speaker 10: I get you you can do I give it you're saying no because it.
Speaker 1: Better than all music.
Speaker 5: Okay, Tramp, So let me get this from you too, is that you also think hip hop a musically is a DP No.
Speaker 7: The reason why, the reason why understand, the reason why Undertarily's saying though, is because, like I said, you could take anything make it's a hip hop, but it doesn't become hip hop to the lyrics can put on it, though, So you know what I'm saying, So it doesn't become so you could take like you said, I want to do something freaky to you, doesn't become hip hop until Drey and Snook it's on the beat. Yeah, you know what I'm saying like that, So that's what. So it's like it's almost like.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not saying the presentation of a hip hop.
Speaker 3: Hip hop records can have records from people with any record in any genre music, but it's the complete presentation because the music is make do right. It's like making the best out of some ship you really don't know how to do. When you put your ship on that ship, you present it. How much power is anything I've ever seen in music? Any talking about like g thing is is powerful?
Speaker 7: Us?
Speaker 1: Very white very White, first, last, and only. So hip hop music is the most powerful music it is.
Speaker 3: It's probably so, but it's because it's it's more things that connect to poor people, like making do always work better with humanity and things of like overspent and producer. I mean, because I think humans can connect to trying to make the best side of circumstance.
Speaker 1: But hip hop the music itself, like if you play.
Speaker 3: G thinking next to leon Man a change and I want to do something freaky is so motherfucking cold bro before going to what dre sample to be the wash? That shit is incredible like music like I listen to very White almost every day. Dog you hear that shit?
Speaker 6: Oh you like?
Speaker 1: Oh, this ain't necessarily music.
Speaker 5: So so when hip hop artists take okay, so I'm saying, like the stuff that they use musically is better, or when hip hop artists get on it, it makes it more powerful.
Speaker 3: Because because hip hop is really about the cultural approach, like it's a get out and in the present now Again, I don't know a hip hop instrumental that's even in the same vein as some of the best songs and other genres of music music right, like like Biggie Hypnotized cannot fuck with herb Albert's Rise, the song that they interpolated to make the song. Man, you hear Rise, but you hear the whole hypnotized song. That motherfucker just as powerful, if.
Speaker 1: Not more powerful. Once you on that motherfucker talking crazy, the niggas finish that shit off. It's short to you. It's like some shit you never saw before. It's like, that's the power of this shit. That's why nigga's so protective of it because I get what makes it special.
Speaker 3: Like when we're arguing. When I'm arguing with Trapping, I'm like, the music don't have a sound. It's really just black music to a degree, right.
Speaker 1: You get black. But once you put the person on it and some shit happened, that shit just be different. But I mean, man, if you hear Barry White like like like I lay my Lowrider that.
Speaker 3: The love unlimited. Bro, you hear some of this shit, this ship is out of here. Like the music, bro, that shit is just crazy. I ain't never heard no hip hop shit like that never.
Speaker 1: I get it. As far as just the music, I get it.
Speaker 3: Even when I hear cream right, which is one of my favorite beats, of hip hop. I think of the lyrics, you know what I mean, And that's one of my favorite beats. But man, you play that ship and you play some of that Verry White shit, you be like it's different that shit. Start changing and doing shit and you be like, holy shit.
Speaker 5: I wonder if that why culture culturally we look at hip hop artists more in the leadership bro then we look at other.
Speaker 1: That could be true.
Speaker 7: M hmm.
Speaker 12: What's what's your what's your favorite? What's your favorite R and B hip hop collab? Eat your collab?
Speaker 1: Yeah, h.
Speaker 6: Can knock the hustle jay Z and Mary J.
Speaker 11: Blige boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that is a do that's a fire.
Speaker 11: That's an abstract choice too.
Speaker 6: Okay, all this.
Speaker 3: So the first my favorite, the first song that come to mind, the greatest to me is probably that song Ghost and Mary.
Speaker 1: Did that song come right to mind?
Speaker 3: I always think of that song first for some reason, that that song all I Need song, the Marvin Gaye song.
Speaker 1: But for me, probably favorite is Balling with the dramatics.
Speaker 11: It's you're talking about method man and Mary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, excuse me that.
Speaker 6: You all I mean all I mean, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna say that six when you said that ship come on my mind and it sucks me up. But for me, my favorite is Balling with the dramatics and snoop. That's always gonna go West Coast. Let's do a lot of on the West Coast.
Speaker 3: But the first one that comes to mind the greatest is probably that method and Mary J song. I remember hearing that song being like, damn crazy. If I the world too, I think, but.
Speaker 1: That is hip hop. No man, that might be the one, bro Becauselauren Hill is hip hop.
Speaker 12: I mean there's something that we haven't talked about either that even vocalists is we haven't really brought up Jo tosy know because.
Speaker 1: We didn't talk about them. I mean, when they killing, you ain't hurting, nothing like that, when they all live, when they when anybody is office specifically, i've heard them all.
Speaker 11: No I saw they got one of the.
Speaker 3: I don't really hear a lot of singers, you know who. It's crazy we had all this R and B conversation. You know, we haven't talked about Mary J.
Speaker 1: Blige. Okay, it's Mary R and B female act of all time, but it's Mary J.
Speaker 5: Like how you said that other song was hip hop all the way. Hip hop because Mary J hip hop. She's the queen of hip hop, saw because Mary J. Just Mary J. Blige could easily be the greatest R and B act Ever. I don't think I've ever.
Speaker 3: Saw anybody any reaction to music as much as I saw, like you gotta go pop music, Michael Jackson, Mary J.
Speaker 1: Blige.
Speaker 3: The thing Mary J Blige do. The black women I have never saw no ship I'm talking about. Ain't another black woman breathing air, not beyond that's a good one. Not none of them. You see them motherfuckers?
Speaker 1: Will Mary J? Come on?
Speaker 5: It is different ja so powerful that I used to listen to her and be like, I get what I get it girls.
Speaker 1: The time I listened to Mary J. Blige, the main question come to my mind is what did you do?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Man, I agree, that's how good. Mary J. Make you think some of your ship?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, Mary J. Blige makes me think, what are you doing to make all these people.
Speaker 1: Do this to you? I ain't never late go to married for it. Got to be married for bro. That's that's a real nigga. Got to be it's married for man. You see black women with Mary J. Blige. Come on, man, they can't be everybody else is this is you?
Speaker 6: This is you.
Speaker 1: Gotta be you.
Speaker 5: You remember when when Mary was happy for a minute, she dropped that album and all the women was.
Speaker 1: Mad and we need that this ain't the marry we like doing on her relationship and.
Speaker 3: Ship going to Mary J. Blige R and B. I think I'm going Mary J. Blige over be nor Kelly. Oh hell now as an act as far as what great as the greatest R and B act of all time.
Speaker 1: It's crazy sometimes Mary J.
Speaker 7: Blige built everything crazy, marriage crazy. Marriag's crazy as far as I act, She's really up there, changed the whole.
Speaker 1: Energy Arena's pure R and B. She she don't even have no possum. You know she up there, but don't singer.
Speaker 10: She ain't whole like no lie kick and all that ship.
Speaker 1: Under blues. It's just so much rhythm and blues. Bro. Women got mad when she didn't have the blues.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you this though, Imagine if R Kelly just liked them two years older and he was still he.
Speaker 10: Still probably wouldn't be change. Yeah, two years old, but I think like them two years older too. I like them all, you're still marry. I'm not saying she's not married.
Speaker 1: She is dope. She but r Kelly dope. He's dope. She's that dope Kelly dope.
Speaker 7: But but I think you're talking more so now now when it comes to her, I'm talking about marry. As far as performing, I'm saying the way Shell songs records records, she got records, record.
Speaker 1: She don't have no I believe I can fly. She don't have no cross.
Speaker 10: She's just a black lady singing about niggas role. I get that we're idiots.
Speaker 1: She's a black lady from the ghetto of New York talking about black men fucking her over. It is the most polarizing thing you've ever saw in your life.
Speaker 6: It was allowed to do with production.
Speaker 5: Black women might think are Kelly better than her?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think they can like them better, but I think Mary does. I'm just being honest, like every does something different to people. Honestly, the more I think about it, I ever saw no.
Speaker 1: Ship like that.
Speaker 12: When a woman's fed up, Somebody said, what you're responding with, what you're responding with from that, what you're responding with from that?
Speaker 1: Right there, nigga.
Speaker 5: When when I heard when a woman's fed up, it made me want to be nicer to women.
Speaker 10: Your men, women, dog man.
Speaker 5: I personal Mary Shait and it was it was dope, it was you have a penis? But damn right, but I would make you. I'm telling you I watched Mary.
Speaker 1: Bro. I'm not lying.
Speaker 3: Like the more I even think about it, Bro, She's probably clearly the greatest R.
Speaker 7: And B A.
Speaker 5: I would like to know what do black women think about I would like to know do black women like Mary or are Robert r Kelly? I mean Robert Kelly better than I just think I think black women will probably be Like shout out to Fatima. She said, Nah, Mary J. Blige is way better than r Kelly.
Speaker 1: M hmm, that's one.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not that because I think we're talking about who are the greatest, But I think R Kelly.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 10: People live the r Kelly music as much as they live Mary's experience.
Speaker 1: All the R Kelly I'm not talking about. No that I don't care about understanding. People are going to talk about that, but I'm not. I'm not gonna get into that. What I'm saying is just him as R and B acts, Mary J. Blige bro like.
Speaker 3: I seen women be in the streets drinking, singing that ship with their eyes closed.
Speaker 1: I never saw that for R. Kelly. I never saw them living the music like I see them living the music to Marry J.
Speaker 11: Blige.
Speaker 3: Now again, is Robert Kelly more more like of a talent? Yes, I'm talking about just pure R and B act and Mary J. Blige is not a great singer. That's the crazy part is R.
Speaker 1: Kelly and great singers. He's a little bit better than everybody getting crazy.
Speaker 7: About seven seven?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so Mary? Not a seven is more Mary's afford with TC.
Speaker 10: No, Mary, I might give a five.
Speaker 1: Five, I say five. I'll say marybody damn trap. That's that's I say. Mary about the six or seven.
Speaker 7: I think there's a lot to do with her production with songs.
Speaker 3: Like the blues that come off, the pain that come off for her is like some ship.
Speaker 1: I never saw that's you. That comment I was talking about.
Speaker 10: You get mad at No, you ain't. Nobody did all this to you? What you do, That's what I be thinking. You have now mad?
Speaker 5: I beat you have a tendency decide to somebody who's who got a lot of pain in they and they ship.
Speaker 1: Like you, but but you love more damn about the commiss like.
Speaker 3: I like more R Kelly songs than I like. I mean, I like more R Kelly song I like Mary Ja. But I've never saw music affect anyone like I see like no ghetto, all the ghettos I've been to around America, no matter if I was hustling or if I was doing music, whatever I'm doing, I've never in my life saw music affect people like Mary J. Blige, unless we talk about Michael Jackson, but Mary J Blige music. I've been to different ghettos, Vegas, here, New York, and when that shit come on them, women go somewhere else.
Speaker 1: I get it. I'm with you. I agree with that.
Speaker 5: All I'm saying is Art Kelly's shit affected people so much that it's started affecting white people.
Speaker 1: I think he makes really good music. That shit was costing all the way over.
Speaker 3: I think he makes really good It was a pop song at the beginning. I think he makes really great music. I'm not disagreeing, like I'm telling you, I think R Kelly. I think I think Mary J. Blige they really live that like it's different. It's the level of blues is different. It's just the connection they have to her is different, and her shit is.
Speaker 1: Just really for her. She's not even a an incredible talent, that's the crazy part, but they feel it because that's just I don't know why that that's a And that's a prime example DT white people not on Mary like that because she really is a true rhythm and blues act.
Speaker 5: And I think that's what does it for you because white people don't fuck with it, you love it.
Speaker 1: I just feel like white people don't fuck with the most black things exactly.
Speaker 10: It gotta be ser bad for you, like you if that ship I mean of R and B initially was race music, it was really black music.
Speaker 3: It was people of race, race music. So it makes I'm okay with knowing that they not. But she's still doing arenas and that's scary.
Speaker 1: NAS was opening up for her.
Speaker 6: M h.
Speaker 1: She don't make crossover music. It's true. I mean I'm not I'm not thinking nothing away from Mary great.
Speaker 3: I mean I mean again, it's just Rob got as many records, if not Bore records and Mary, but I think what Mary records do.
Speaker 1: That was just something crazy what he got way more records. Mary, Mary got a lot of records. She got some records, but she got a lot of record close in records. Yeah, they might be close. I'm telling you. She her ship is sneaky. She didn't.
Speaker 3: But but when you see how her music affects people, that's the one thing I can't shake.
Speaker 1: I can think of.
Speaker 3: Great Robert Kelly records. I know a lot of them. He's one of the best to ever make music. Man, when I see her music on, it ain't a song no more.
Speaker 5: But see you only thinking about from motherfuckers from the carter, like you got it. You only want to see if that music affect niggas in the carter.
Speaker 1: And like, because that's what that's what's called. It's called race music.
Speaker 5: Then after that, but tell me was affecting those people and then that ship was traveling over to white people.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I don't care. I white people prove that don't make it. It's called race music. Yeah, but it's called race music. So I'm okay, white people don't get it. That's okay, Okay. Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 5: Then, when you when people are doing their uh mount rushmore, are they only doing it based off of.
Speaker 1: Acts they don't know, they just be doing their top four. Me and Trapp had a.
Speaker 6: Great yeah, exactly exactly about this.
Speaker 1: Really clearing that thought up.
Speaker 3: And because the Mount Rushmore is not the fourth greatest president, it's the fourth say that marked different things in American history. One mark the beginning of the nation, one mark the progress of the nation.
Speaker 1: One mark.
Speaker 3: There's one mark one, you know what I mean bringing it back together in Abraham Lincoln.
Speaker 1: We had this with death Jam.
Speaker 3: I think we said the Mount Rushmore, the true Mount Rushmore of death Jam would be l l right as as your George Washington, I think you said public enemy.
Speaker 1: As the.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 1: No, we put uh Beastie Boys as.
Speaker 3: The one that takes to improve outside of the country, and we put DMX as the Lincoln to bring the sound back.
Speaker 5: But you know, l did his Mount Rushmore of of uh def Jam also, and his my words were similar to yours. People got mad at him because they the most popular acts.
Speaker 3: Because I don't know what and this Mount Rushmore has been kind of colonized by people thinking it's the best for it.
Speaker 1: But this is what I'm asking. That's why I say, if we really did the Mount Rushmore of R and B really got to be on it? Baby Face got to be on the Mount Rismore? Probably not?
Speaker 6: So why not?
Speaker 1: So who who who you put over baby Face? I mean, who would be who would be the who would be the George Washington of Mount Rushmore?
Speaker 6: For R and B?
Speaker 1: That against you? You're saying, probably uh, Bobby Brown.
Speaker 3: I mean they say's hip hop's first superstar. But then we have to pretty much disclude a lot of people. And I don't know if I'm comfortable with this clue with Stevie Wonder, that's my Margaret. Stevie Wonder would be really hard. I can probably not hold on to Michael Jackson and as R and B, not as black music. I could probably not hold on the Prince as R and B just black music. I'm okay with that even kind of you know, I can miss them in R and B because I got them everywhere else, and pop music day is powerful as any pop artists in the history of pop music.
Speaker 1: So they're still there.
Speaker 3: But I couldn't really imagine the world on that list without Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye.
Speaker 1: That would be really hard for me.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm saying, like I listened to too much of that shit, I study too much of their ship. It would be really really hard for me to do that. But theoretically they are considered soul and and different things.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You know they do make R and B, but a lot of people really feel like contemporary R and B is like more of an eighty sting. So does Keith wet get a.
Speaker 3: Ke not I don't think on red Board, don't think he's got his album, his album. I'm not bad that being in the conversation, but not Keith Sweat as a talent.
Speaker 1: Not Keith Sweating. But at the time I'm saying, but are we just doing as the talent though.
Speaker 3: I'm saying he has one making last Forever, he needs three. He would need five with his.
Speaker 1: Why I Bring Back go over five hundred million albums?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's also so now we're talking about people that are influential and matter in R and B, then Baby Faces probably paramount.
Speaker 5: But it's what I'm saying, when you making a while other than that, have to what happened? What's the criteria is? When I'm asking, well, if we're saying R and B. We're talking about R and B singers.
Speaker 1: R and B acts, so just R and B singers, and if we're just doing as sure because because yeah, but it would be hard. Who would be the George Washington of temperar. I guess if we did in temporary art.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Steve gotta be the George Walsh him.
Speaker 1: I feel and and hip hop R and B started with Lewis Jordan's so it's like he's not going to be He's like that first president America became America black man that was pregnant before before, before George Washington.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah, it could be Stevie Wonder. Stevie Wonder could be on the Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 7: So you've got Stevie Wonder down there. Now, you got George Washington down as the birth and the foundational leader. You've got Teddy, you got Thomas Jefferson expansion the visionary ideas shout.
Speaker 1: Out to Joke Smoke, and I thought the same thing.
Speaker 3: I feel like it probably would have to be this is the problem with it had to be Ray Charles, because Stevie Wonder is Ray Charles Jr.
Speaker 1: Ray on the on the Mount worst one. Nothing I'd have to.
Speaker 6: Charles was making, was making arm Vito.
Speaker 3: Because he made he made so, he kind of created soul, you know what I mean, He kind of created so and then pop is white people soul.
Speaker 6: But it was also like a like a rendition of like gospel music though, but that's all.
Speaker 3: But but it all comes from there. Lose comes from gospel. Everything comes from gospel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just it's just tough, you know what I mean. That's the problem. Like it's it's hard because it's possible to narrow it down to four. Yeah, I think that. I think it's hard, and well, you know what, let's try anyway, let's consider fucking.
Speaker 5: But my thing is, I think when people do these amount of Rushmore's, they they kind of set their own criteria.
Speaker 1: Like y'all gofferent. But I like when you're trap do it because it makes us think harder and it makes us credit to get quick question, you know what.
Speaker 5: Not saying the white boy makes it the right mount worst or anything anybody can if you're white and give me R and B Are you popp?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: Yes? So six and six know who John Bellyon is? Is John Billyon pop? Or is the R and B d.
Speaker 11: I don't think he's really pop because but I don't think he's quite R and B.
Speaker 12: He kind of like I think, like his song like Crop Circles could it's like more like alternative R and B.
Speaker 11: But then when you think about what was the first single.
Speaker 1: That Sam Smith is just pop pop last is just black and white. He's just white black because.
Speaker 3: If you white, you automatically anything you make is going to go into a pop space.
Speaker 1: Because the audience of people that's gonna take John is popular.
Speaker 11: No, he's not, Yeah, he's not.
Speaker 1: It's not about being popular, right, That's really what it's about.
Speaker 6: What was his first thing?
Speaker 1: The popular one?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Some low shade down down with long Okay, okay, I'm with that.
Speaker 11: I'm with that.
Speaker 3: Let's go Ray Charles as George Washington of the R and B my Rishmore's he is.
Speaker 1: He is the true founder for the most part of soul music.
Speaker 6: Who's the expansion and the visionary ideas.
Speaker 3: That's Thomas Jefferson R and B, who is a Thomas Jefferson who expanded R and B.
Speaker 1: Ray Charles did a good job of making it.
Speaker 4: So when you say expanded, you mean to the masses or so.
Speaker 3: Jefferson represents the Louisiana purchase at.
Speaker 1: The time, the west. Yeah, he made because.
Speaker 3: When it was the first it was just the thirteen the colonies and all that, and it was just on the east coast.
Speaker 1: He pushed it out west. He recognized the.
Speaker 6: Expansion Louisiana purchase, the Louisiana purchase.
Speaker 3: Are moving it west. So who was that person that took R and B from Ray Charles right? And then they went to another le They don't have to be a direct correlation.
Speaker 1: They just need to take it to the next level.
Speaker 3: Is it the eighty Did everybody else follow his direction for that point after? Because I think Stevie wonder if t is kind of like, I mean, that was the same marketing.
Speaker 1: Well, my thing is, what do you think Michael Jackson is though? Do you consider him?
Speaker 3: He would have to be in this conversation too, because if you but I think Michael Jackson is that third president?
Speaker 1: What's the third guy?
Speaker 6: It's Abraham Lincoln? No, No, that's the fourth direction.
Speaker 7: No, all right, So Theodore Roosevelt the development on an evolution Teddy Roosevelt.
Speaker 3: So I think Michael Jackson took it internationally because that's what Teddy Roosevelt. So it's somebody between Ray Charles and Teddy Roosevelt.
Speaker 1: Between So they got to be between Ray Charles and Mikey. Yeah, that was the person that made it.
Speaker 3: A much more popular thing than Ray because Ray Charles kind of ushered in soul music and really pop records. To be honest, nobody would really see it that way. But the more I studied he ushered in. Ray Tru was ushered in pop records.
Speaker 1: Like he like what we're talking about, taking gospel and making it worldly.
Speaker 3: It's kind of the genesis of pop music, like taking a little of the ethnic, cleansing it up a little bit and making it digestible for everybody.
Speaker 1: So instead of Southern tones, it must be Jesus.
Speaker 3: It became I got a woman, must be Jesus, go in and around, well, Jesus taking that that's.
Speaker 1: Kind of the the the epicenter of pop music.
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: So then then he would he would he.
Speaker 3: Would recognize the expansion internationally, Michael Jackson, so he would be there.
Speaker 1: Gay, it's Marvin Gay. I would think of Marvin, but I think Marvel many. Yeah, it's Marvin Gay.
Speaker 3: So is Marvin Gay probably the token the greatest artist out of the Motown solo act because I know Smoke is probably the most influential, but I think Marvin is probably the greatest Motown X solo.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's a lot of it's a lot of acts on Moretown.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I don't know why. You gotta kind of go through it.
Speaker 4: Through like he came and never it's Marvin all right, So if you go he had commercial success to you remember he had commercial successful.
Speaker 6: I like, I like Diana Rose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna retake the mic. Rachel's Marvin Mike yep. And then and then now you have the person that brought R and B back? Who who?
Speaker 3: That's what you say, Bobby Brown. Now that's where we had a conversation. Whoever, We're okay, we're focused on male, so we're not even gonna bring you females. So that way we're not even.
Speaker 11: Separate Rushmore's.
Speaker 3: We'll do a self a separate Rushmore. So who is the person that brought R and B back to prominence? That's who it is, And it probably could be like see that's where it could get funny, right because you could take R. Kelly is close to Bobby.
Speaker 1: Kelly Brow and so on. Yeah, that's because that's right there, yeah, public yeah, Kelly, there it is so Ray Charles, H, Marvin, Arvin Gay, Michael, Michael Jackson, R.
Speaker 6: Kelly.
Speaker 1: I'm not mad at that, not bad, very respective, I'm not.
Speaker 11: I'm surprised Luther wasn't in there for you G.
Speaker 3: Not mad because I think jay Z is also the greatest death Jam recording artist, but he wasn't on the Death Jam Mount I'll get you. So it's okay that the greatest R and B singer of all time or the greatest male vocalists of all time, I should say, may not make the list of the Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 1: But I'm okay with that. Ray, Charles, H, Marvin Gay, Michael Jackson, R. Kelly, That's not bad.
Speaker 11: That's not bad.
Speaker 1: That's not bad.
Speaker 3: If burst me to leave STEVIEE, but I know Stevie is Ray Charles, that's his, that's his, that's his baby.
Speaker 11: Yeah, shout out to Stevie Man, shout out for.
Speaker 1: Big shots to Stevie.
Speaker 3: But that's the point, Like because even when we did even Trap, when we did the Death Jam Mount Rushmore, it be different like it kind of we knew Death Jam was loud and op notching, so even the skip jay z was almost blasphemous. Bro or Warren who who brought who saved death Jam? Or but it's depth Jam wasn't fuck the business. We talk about the thing that it represented, this loud out, naxous energy that was like street urban on the prow DMX when when when hip hop was trying to go clean, you know, puffin and was taking it shiny and clean, this motherfucker came out with some tims with no socks on and an overall short set and an overall short set screaming, barking, and growley. That is death Jam energy summing. That's like watching LLL Rebirth in the grimiest setting.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm a man.
Speaker 1: I was just asking. I thought it was gonna be ridiculous. But I'm not mad at Charles. Ray Charles. Could he be the John Hanson and Stevie Wonder be the no either, George Washington. I'm not mad at that either. But no, Ray Charles is like a really really big deal, like he wasn't like they made the pop charts, but just feel weird not having Stevie on you. But you also have to realize Ray Charles was a successful act and that's why Stevie got a shot in the first place. So he was the first person to say blinds can't do this, and I mean not just do it like Ray Charles is not Lewis Johnson. Ray Charles is like.
Speaker 11: Your subtle trolling this crazy coach.
Speaker 1: I don't know what.
Speaker 11: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see what he be doing, coach Chaos. So let me get this right. One or two a day every time he won.
Speaker 6: That know the other the craziest one was two years older. Ship though. That was crazy. That was crazy.
Speaker 1: Ask questions you amazing t shirts Coach Chaos.
Speaker 11: Faiths.
Speaker 1: I've been listening to Ain't a lot this this week.
Speaker 11: Somebody in the chat said, what would you rate Faith Evans?
Speaker 3: Yeah, faith is that's the real mount war Ray Charles, Marvin Gay, Michael Jackson, and R Kelly.
Speaker 1: I'm okay with that. I'm okay.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, not at all.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: Females is gonna be really hard men and who any rippretending who else?
Speaker 11: Well, you can't do that because he didn't go Look the first one, it's probably hard.
Speaker 1: To be that she might not get on she might not know.
Speaker 6: I'm putting Diana Ross on there, like not gonna.
Speaker 1: Get on that at all.
Speaker 3: The only person I know for sure it's gonna be Mary J Blige. I know for sure it's gonna be Mary J Blige.
Speaker 1: Mary J BLI gonna be at the end of it. Yeah, she's Lincoln.
Speaker 3: She definitely re established if it ever kind of went away, because female R and B never went away.
Speaker 1: So does Beyonce not get it?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: She's not on this.
Speaker 6: Diana Ross is on there right attack like you.
Speaker 1: That's okay, that that will change. Beyonce is the one. She's still the one that don't gotta be on every list. She wouldn't. But if we talk about Nigga wing for seventy, she couldn't be on the list. So she can missed a list. Uh first, is is it a reason or is it Billy Holliday? Billy is jazz still? But we're talking about okay, because.
Speaker 3: You gotta go post forty Ross, it's gonna be fifties sixties you said on that far Who you said fifties and sixties?
Speaker 1: I'm saying who first?
Speaker 6: You said?
Speaker 1: Probably Aretha hold On. People love to reatha I don't know why they loved it.
Speaker 3: I mean, but they loved her like they were dear to her differently, like I would love to ask my my mask my mom one time.
Speaker 1: You ain't like Aretha that much? Yeah, she's dope. I like Pata Bill more than Rita though. I mean yeah, I mean it's Patty like she making pies and everything.
Speaker 6: Patty Piles were playing things on Walker.
Speaker 1: She's not on here.
Speaker 3: Dianna is a real pop act and the coldest riding I keep saying Dianea Ross, which she's on this list right.
Speaker 1: Let's figure out who is the first James A James Bell she's dope and she from La?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that a James from LA? I didn't know that about Leila half the way, No, no, no way, back then, yah, I was about we might have to come what is your George Washington? Who is a George Washington? A female R and B You might have to come back to this one. I don't know that one because Billy Holliday was jazz. She was before that, I remember correctly, No, let me ask, let me ask.
Speaker 6: Definitely jazz. She was scatting and everything like that.
Speaker 1: It was the first female might have to be on there. Yeah, how about Gladys Knight.
Speaker 6: Gladys What it came up? What came up?
Speaker 1: Mary Welles, That's.
Speaker 3: First female R and B superstar is often associated with Mary Welles. She is considered a pioneer of motown music and the first successful female R and B star, that the first female artist to achieve ainstream pop success with hits like the one You Really Loved You and my Guy Damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forgot about that one, My guy.
Speaker 10: Damn.
Speaker 1: Let me see something very well.
Speaker 6: I remember not putting on the list.
Speaker 7: Because if you do the same thing with the R and B that, it's not gonna come up with Ray, It's gonna have somebody else.
Speaker 1: Had Bobby Brown Us gonna be hard to beat that. Get some mention on here, it's gonna be hard to be very well, shock.
Speaker 6: Sho go up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was. I wonder what kind of icon Mary Wells was.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm saying. You can't put up there. She ain't like if it adn't come to your mind like that, then you can't put on this list.
Speaker 4: Then is this she in the group too?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 6: Very well?
Speaker 1: Here's one in Americas.
Speaker 5: He was in a group too, Was my guy a group song? Now without a group song? I think it was a group song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that might have been a group that.
Speaker 6: Was a group song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no it's not. That's oh no, it's not who group was she in though they was? Wasn't in no group?
Speaker 6: That was a solo song that my guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's interesting. You know they had vocalists, so I could be leave that also somebody else.
Speaker 11: Mary Wells was part of the Supremes.
Speaker 7: Was she?
Speaker 1: I thought she was, but I don't. I can't verify it. AI be boys shit in half the time, I'm.
Speaker 10: Under said, because you know them songs like she might have sing that song and somebody else might have sing it too, though that wasn't the group. I think the Supremes did sing it right then the Supreme sing that song too.
Speaker 11: I gotta die back. That's way before my.
Speaker 6: Time now, then the Supreme sing that song too.
Speaker 11: Yeah, she was in the Prince for sure.
Speaker 1: I think I'm okay with saying Mary Wells. I feel like I don't know enough about Mary Wellster. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: Maybe not, maybe not It said her career, Yeah, ignorant, don't mean that it's right.
Speaker 1: I'm sure she had. She was a big deal because he was a big record. I'm good with Mary Wells. I don't know putting that on the Yeah, but when you read up on Mary Wells right now, like she seemed like a big deal.
Speaker 10: She seemed like she did her thing and could be I said, Dana Ross Ma first maybe Yeah, bro, I'm with donad What the chat saying, George Washington, Yeah, I'm with Dina.
Speaker 1: I'm with Donad Ross.
Speaker 6: George.
Speaker 7: They said, that's what Jennifer Hudson wasn't that's what character was based off for Oh wow, based up in manyell mm hmm, oh wow.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, Mary Mary. I like the choice right now.
Speaker 6: Well Wells and Diana Ross was competition.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna go downa Ross.
Speaker 7: That's what I said from the jump. Yeah, I think that's a push, but no, I think it gotta be her. You got the supreme, all the supremes. And he moved on to you know what I'm saying, like she could even she gonna fall in one of these spots though, she could fall into the expansion. The expansion spot though too, because she took that she took the game out there though, too, so you could if you wanna through many wells, you can put her in the Theodore Roosevelt te Roosevelt spot too.
Speaker 1: She ain't getting that.
Speaker 6: She went so black, King Patrick, Man, come on, man, That's.
Speaker 3: What I thought, darry Donna Ross should probably be George Washington. I think she was the first female R and B icon that we can remember.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's wrong or not, but I'm thinking that's what's important, right is we're remembering like George. We all know George Washington is that's not none of us go trip. Even if we don't know much about George Washington, we know that's George Washington.
Speaker 11: The same thing it's Whitney.
Speaker 1: And hold on, let's can we agree with donnad Ross and Georgian put Mike?
Speaker 6: Did we put Mike in the in the men joint? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And he introduced her?
Speaker 6: All right, all right, all right.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying, because if you want, you gonna put Mike in there, because Mike was a pop and you can't put Whitney up in there, even that Whitney super pop.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I don't know if Whitney gonna make a period.
Speaker 6: Whitney was pop.
Speaker 11: So what's the second criteria forgot?
Speaker 3: So it's Jefferson if they expanded it. Okay, they took it from Donna Ross and wentn't even further. That might be it shouldn't it should have been Mary Wells and Dona Roll.
Speaker 1: That might be Aretha That could I roll with that too?
Speaker 11: Mary Wells first, Diana Ross?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it probably should be Dona Ross. Have we all heard of Mary Wells? I have obvious when you were younger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Motown was a big deal when I was younger.
Speaker 1: Dina Ross was the queen of Motown. I know that for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go Mary Diana. I still think we're kind of cheating, But Diana is way before Diana Ross, so just go down.
Speaker 1: She's way before donas time for years, ten years. I don't think that much, is it is?
Speaker 3: I think Mary Wells's first song when I looked, was like sixty two, and Dona ross first album is in seventy.
Speaker 1: I mean we go married then Diana though?
Speaker 6: What about the Supremes? Though?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm with revenge.
Speaker 3: I'm with revenge, he said, I don't know Mary Wells, that's important.
Speaker 1: He knows who George washed into the gout.
Speaker 6: That makes She's probably from Canada too.
Speaker 3: I think I was the president of America before everything. That's who she represents. I think you I think you gotta go one or the other, though, I don't think you can go both. Yeah, not both, Okay, Dona Ross is George Washing. So then who took it where I said I would read the Franklin Yeah from Donnah Ross.
Speaker 1: Yeah she did. I don't know if I took it away out there.
Speaker 11: Aretha Franklin was Aretha Franklin was after Dona.
Speaker 1: Rossad frank.
Speaker 4: She had her long career all the way through, even after Dona Ross.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, but she older than Dona Ross.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Diana Ross had a solo career. You got to go back to the to the sopruns and all that.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 7: You know what what.
Speaker 3: Aretha Franklin is. Aretha Franklin is the George and Donna Russell is Jefferson.
Speaker 11: That makes sense because that's what.
Speaker 6: I was expansion, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Expon Franklin was like the first Yeah, her longevity was unbelievable. Yeah Franklin. Okay, all right, So Aretha then Diana Ross.
Speaker 3: Franklin is George Washington and then Diana Ross. Okay, I'm okay with that. That makes sense.
Speaker 1: So now the third one, and what this third one represent?
Speaker 3: Aretha Franklin is she was born in forty two, Donald Ross was born in forty four, but their career started ten years apart.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that could be the same age Maria first.
Speaker 1: Read it.
Speaker 4: So what's the third one third crut? What's the third one?
Speaker 1: Third one?
Speaker 3: Is Teddy Roosevelt? Right, and he represented the expansion out of the country. I think what was the Panama Canal was.
Speaker 1: The big thing, and that would be Whitney. Whitney was international act like that.
Speaker 6: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: She was the female Michael got no coming on that.
Speaker 6: That's what I was saying.
Speaker 1: I was thinking, I'm thinking, I'm trying to think because I'm trying to think. But she's that big. I think she. I think she was big.
Speaker 7: She was.
Speaker 4: To have a super Bowl, big glass movie, super Bowl Bodyguard, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: And the super National anthem the super Bowl the national wasn't that the super Bowl?
Speaker 6: We got the super Bowl National anthem? Different?
Speaker 1: Okaycuse not say halftime show. Yeah, that's the fact. You're right, my bad, But no, she was big.
Speaker 5: So who we say was bigger than Whitney, Well, it's not bigger than I mean, I'm from international spanding the past. If we if we were going to if we're not putting her there, who do we say was expect you know, look at the women that came out. You're right, it has to be Whitney. It has to be with me then Almos for getting me roughly. And it's not like I don't have respect for Whitney. He like puts in respect.
Speaker 1: It's not that it's just try to get it right, but it probably the best vocalists to me in my mind too. Need to read the Franklin too. Yeah, I said she was like a niece or or something like a god daughter or some ship that makes sense with Mary.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just I just.
Speaker 1: Conover Whitney as an international star.
Speaker 7: You want to hear who Jack who chat GPT said? They said, they said to read the Franklin, Georgia Washington. They said, Thomas Jefferson is Beyonce, Abraham Lincoln is married J Blige, and then and Teddy Roosevelt shot there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm not mad at that. I'm gonna tell you why I didn't disagree because I knew Mary J. Blige is the return of R and B.
Speaker 1: And we all agree.
Speaker 3: Read the Franklin with George Washington. The only difference is what we're saying about Donna Ross. They said, who was it?
Speaker 7: Beyonce said, Beyonce with Teddy Roosevelt. I mean, I mean, I'm time with Jefferson.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, Okay, so I kind of jumped to, uh, my only disagreement with that that with that rim party shot, I said, Beyonce too.
Speaker 7: They put they put shot there. They said, because the timeless innovation and drama elevation.
Speaker 1: This is a bad motherfucker. Yeah, we don't know, Beyonce.
Speaker 10: I mean know we're gonna go, uh, they're gonna go Whitney. Why Whitney for West spot for for Teddy Jefferson. I'm not, man, Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 7: She was so popped though, she was just so popped though. That's the only thing, Like she wasn't really like R and B songs for Whinney Houston like that. Man, that's the same what you say about Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: I know he was hello pop. Yeah, black people looked at her as R and B.
Speaker 6: They did.
Speaker 1: We're looking at hindsight now, No, they didn't look at No, they didn't know they did. It was the white people can talk ship about what I mean, they knew, they all knew she could sing her ass off. But that's like, yeah, people didn't talk about Whitney.
Speaker 6: He was there, he was there.
Speaker 1: He can hear this sing. She was pretty. That's true. I didn't know. That's not what she's saying. You didn't know.
Speaker 3: That's how you can see Luther was gay as the motherfucker. I had never had no idea like Luther was gay. That's how good that nigga saying that. I didn't even when I saw never too much, And I'm like, oh, this nigga obviously was gay.
Speaker 1: But he's saying so fucking good. I was like, this nigga is the best.
Speaker 14: That's how George Michaels was like, yeah, yeah, a white people get that off coat.
Speaker 1: So what's the four for the women?
Speaker 3: Because reading Franklin Dona Ross, we're saying we the Houston instead of yeah, Beyonce is not on there.
Speaker 1: No, it's gonna be Mary j Got they gotta be Beyonce. Guys to break the bad news to you.
Speaker 6: Mary J. Bro Back.
Speaker 1: Covers, Mary J. Blige broke that real R and B.
Speaker 7: You know what somebody just said about us rocked though she was hold on that again. Somebody mentioned Tina Turner though, but I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't really.
Speaker 1: Turner actually actually know Tina Turner's career.
Speaker 3: No, wow, what's hold Ontina? Contina was rocked, got into R and B and she when she went, she went.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you're talking about Okay, she wasn't even the genre of music. She don't fit the giant.
Speaker 1: She don't really have. What's not got to do with? It's not an R and B song, that's not that's a rock song too. Okay, all right, okay, so I'd like to list you did Yeah.
Speaker 3: Behind the Ross Whitney Houston and Mary J. Block brought back Real lawd B.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is not mad? I'm not mad? Wait what was it? What did it say? What did that gv T say?
Speaker 7: They said it said that said all right, hold on, all right, So they said George Washington is Aretha Franklin. They said they gave her a birth. The expansion they gave that was that was Thomas Jefferson and gave that to Beyonce, the Preservation, they gave it that, Abraham Lincoln, they gave it to Mary j and the development. Theodore Roosevelt gave the shot the I'm not mad.
Speaker 1: At that though. Who they could hear Beyonce too. They're saying she was like the uh they're saying she was.
Speaker 7: Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Abraham Lincoln. You said you said no, no, no, no, you said beyond.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. You said said that.
Speaker 1: Was taking Tina Turner to me.
Speaker 9: It said global, it said global reach, drama been there her dad over Tina Turner. She's like, well there, so no, she didn't that bring nothing new?
Speaker 6: Who be Yeah, she didn't bring nothing new roads on it.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 6: They didn't put Diana Ross on it.
Speaker 1: Understand why you don't put Dona Ross on it? I understand why not. But I'm but I mean I would put Diana Ross I take on list because I agree with trap. She expanded.
Speaker 3: She took what Areka Franklin was doing and a national thing. She became like a national superstar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she was crazy.
Speaker 1: She was really some ship. Like that's why we know I'm about to say.
Speaker 10: And she was the one that was bringing out she put out like the Jackson five she brought out.
Speaker 7: She brought out math. You didn't do math to the world. I'm saying. She was expanding, people don'tet win movies.
Speaker 1: But it's scary. What's her greatest R and B song? That's my thing?
Speaker 6: What's the name?
Speaker 1: Feel Me?
Speaker 6: Killing me? Infensive for this and she got that. Yeah, she got she got some ship. She got some ship.
Speaker 5: It's funny because I got introduced to Diana Rouss through acting for music.
Speaker 1: You know, she's like, yeah, actress first, and then I heard on the soundtrack and I was like, I always knew she was sick. I did not know I've seen her, and I was like, oh, then I heard the soundtrack, I was like who.
Speaker 3: One of the things I was screaming about when dot won that final award for that Grammy was Diana.
Speaker 1: Ross gave him.
Speaker 6: He did say that. He did say that to this whole hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's man. I checked that. Nigga.
Speaker 3: I said, Dina Ross, nigga that nigga hit me back like damn. I'm like, nigga, he killed that. He was like yo, he came up like what Dinah Ross bro Wow, that was like a big deal. The Awards Donald and gave it to you.
Speaker 1: Then I said that what made it so crazy was that then she gave Mike his fipp.
Speaker 6: One that time.
Speaker 7: No, some like that, they said, but that was in the I wasn't for one sothing. Yeah, I'm just saying, though it was it was like that the same amount.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: It could be. Besides Dona Ross.
Speaker 3: I don't Frankling within the Houston So that looked like what the seventies I'm rolling Diana me too. What I'm saying's anybody we're not thinking about. I can't think anybody the chest seventies R and B singers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they had.
Speaker 6: To be a big deal to somebody. You saying Tammy Terrell, Oh.
Speaker 1: It was more like her and Marvin Gay, the duets about Temmy burning Flat, Dona Russell Summers after flat Fire. I thought she would this guy, you know, I mean, but about the same.
Speaker 3: Gwyn Dicky is another dope singer that we didn't talk about. Vocal lead singer from Rose Royce.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, hopefully she's crazy vocally she might be a nine.
Speaker 1: I think, bro, are we tripping on Shoka like that?
Speaker 6: Shock could do that?
Speaker 1: It could be Shocked or Gladys Night, lad As Night. We have not talked about glad. I mentioned glad It's Night. Yeah, yeah, you know why she wasn't a solo act even turning. Come on, man, I think you said the Pimps.
Speaker 11: I used to I used to think that's what.
Speaker 1: We all thought.
Speaker 12: It was glad at Night in the Pimps, that that had me messed up when I was a kid, and that that Uh go see cal commercial they used.
Speaker 11: To play all the time.
Speaker 12: Yeah, go see caw see caw. That's what it sounded like, bro, when I was a little kid.
Speaker 1: I don't know how we've seen that ship way up in Washington.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was definitely a regional commercial for sure. But I definitely did not think you.
Speaker 4: Put one up there in Frederick Way, Kyle Worthington, Uh franchise up there in Washington. I was animals and ships.
Speaker 3: Probably hold on, I'm looking right now, man, it's gonna be tough to be Dona Ross man.
Speaker 5: I think they got staples on here, rolling Chaka Khan, Donna Summers.
Speaker 1: That's a good list right here.
Speaker 4: That's down the Summers one given a rough for money.
Speaker 11: That's how good the music was when it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Aretha Franklin is the George Washington, Dinah Ross is Tom Jefferson, Whitney Houston is the Teddy Roosevelt.
Speaker 14: Mary J.
Speaker 3: Blige is the Leacuoln. I'm gonna say with that Eddie Ray, I'm okay, I could breathe with that. I'm locking that in a lock it ro Ween mm hmm, yeah, I'm with that.
Speaker 6: Call a call so so la yeah up.
Speaker 2: Hm.
Speaker 1: Mary J. Blige is really the one, bro. You you fuck what you think of Mary? So?
Speaker 4: What's what's unanimous? Which one of those is unanimous on both lists? What's unanimous? Like great is unanimous?
Speaker 1: Areatha was unanimous, Diana Diana Ross is not shaky, Whitney Houston was shaky, okay, and Mary J is is unanimous? No, No, I don't know who could you replace Mary J. Blige with? As Franklin is the only unanimous one. Yeah for sure, Nah, I gotta go married. It's hard, man.
Speaker 6: I understand what the on there though.
Speaker 1: You can't Beyonce didn't bring That's what I'm saying. We can't flip Beyonce on there. Bring R and B back with the Desney, not bring like, I'm like it was dead to be win solo no beyond started making up stopped that and then males. It was Ray Charles. That is a unanimous ones.
Speaker 3: We all agreed that Ray Charles probably was the first. Okay, you kind of want to say sty wanted, but we said Ray Charles. He went on his as though he Steve Wonder Sure.
Speaker 1: Ray Charles. Number two was Marvin Gay. That was a tough one. So that wasn't unanimous, but I think we kind of realized it needed to be. Okay, is that fair? Six Again, Marvin Gay really united, he needed to be.
Speaker 4: Uh, we got the unanimous on just trying to figure out that us needed okay, so that's too unanimous.
Speaker 3: Michael Jackson was kind of the shaky one that we all just had to accept, okay, and we all.
Speaker 1: Agreed that had to be r Kelly three unanimous is on that one? Okay? I think the male one it was definitely have chat GBT make us a drawing.
Speaker 6: Of that. Yeah, I don't think we're gonna do it.
Speaker 11: I can do it.
Speaker 1: Do it.
Speaker 3: No is Live to Lunch Hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday right here noon Pacific Standard time.
Speaker 1: Digital soapbox. Click the thumbs up button. That's the like. Like it real quick. You feel me.
Speaker 3: If you're on Twitter, retweet this nigga. If you're on Facebook, share this post. We do this stream and support the No Sillers Podcast. It's only audio. Just drop the fire episode. The No Sellers Podcast is available on Apple Podcasts, iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Or anywhere you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: The No Sellings Podcast executive produced by Charlemagne to God, the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeart. Head over to the cryptstore dot com www dot the cripstore dot com. You see those hats on that desk over there with kinging them, and you go go grab your hat. Got some dope new merch dropping in about two weeks. It's gonna be great. But head over to the cripstore dot com and grab some merch. Lucas Bernardo, hey Glass, can you elaborate later.
Speaker 1: On your statement? Gn next equal Striller. I like that shout out to No Selings.
Speaker 3: I just knew it was going to have a about five or six records that were gonna be big records, big singers.
Speaker 1: The way it's composed, the success, it's like him.
Speaker 3: It's like the culmination of all his powers coming into one in him understanding exactly how much of himself he needed to present, yet how much he needed to align himself culturally. Like I think that was important for Michael Jackson with Thriller. Like I think that's where he went wrong on Bad. Bad didn't have a real black music feel, Like I think he wasn't really digging black music at the time.
Speaker 1: Like at that time, probably the.
Speaker 3: Biggest Black act in the eighty seven would have probably been Cameo, right it Candies around that time. Like I think he didn't really I think Michael Jackson see before that when he did Thriller, he was able to look at Hall of Notes, who had a different pipeline of black people. Right, So when you hear Billy Jean, you could hear I can't go that Rick James was destroying at that time, right.
Speaker 1: You know further problem.
Speaker 4: I was just thinking about what you just said. A lot of them older groups like Commodorees and all them started going solo in the eighties and stuff, Well they started going sold them groups started going solo, but it wasn't the eighties.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't just that, right, like they Cameo was doing damage to black music at that time. The Cameo was for sure the blackest thing I heard at that time in the midti Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: That's like the last group. Everybody started going solo and stuff. And I think what he was saying wasn't Teddy wasn't Teddy rockling around that time too? Yep, Teddy Teddy is a little earlier earlier.
Speaker 6: It was earlier eighties.
Speaker 1: Then the mid to late eighties, he was solo like in the late seventies, right, was he?
Speaker 3: I thought it was what was it was the early eighties about Teddy pinograms vocally, That's another one of your favorite votes.
Speaker 1: That's about right.
Speaker 3: I mention trapping and I think and I think Michael Jackson ignored Cameo mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I think he saw that as I wonder, what was the conversation about musicianship.
Speaker 3: Around Cameo, like how it was around James Brown, the New York Players New York City players was different. I mean they didn't really the New York Players like Cameo didn't really Cameo was out there though.
Speaker 6: They was mexing with Cameo over here. Pop.
Speaker 1: No, that was that was to me the biggest thing. Again, I was a kid. The biggest thing on the black scene to me at that time was Cameo. Bro. Cameo was like because hip hop was coming to run everything down at this point.
Speaker 3: This is mid to late eighties hip hop running everything down LLL and them starting to run sh it down.
Speaker 1: Here come in w A, here come all this rap. Cameo couldn't been a welcome map for hip hops. Well, it kind of was hip hop, you know what I'm saying, right hip He had a soft call word up that was hip hop right now. But my Michael Jackson, I think ignored that.
Speaker 3: So when he looked for his urban influence of musicianship at that time, him and him and Quincy, I think they looked to Ray Parker when they should have looked at Cameo and Ray Parker. At that time, Kinna already had a pop sound like Bad is like Ghostbusters Ghostbusters. This the same song, but Ghostbusters is corny as fuck. It's already not tight, Like none of us really fucked with Ghostbusters unless we was little kids like.
Speaker 1: We were, and we just jammed it. But that wasn't like a song we fucked with.
Speaker 3: So I think he didn't look at Cameo the way he looked at Rick James to make Thriller, or the way he looked at different black acts to kind of put black music into bad. So then you just end up with kind of this really pop offering of a bunch of records that really kind of don't have no like no real blackness to him outside of Michael Jackson applying whatever that looks like.
Speaker 1: After selling thirty million, then he grew up in Motown, so he had that was in them, but he was.
Speaker 3: But he already depended on it. But by that time, I remember he's on He's he's fresh off Thriller. Thriller is ten twenty thirty million. Yeah, like it's killing. So he's not touching the third.
Speaker 1: Like that no more. He not on the scene no more.
Speaker 3: This nigga for me is the man. So it's like I think he looked at Ray Parker, you know what I mean? And there I'm not just saying he had. He definitely ate his before Ghostbusters, but I don't think when it came to black music, Ray Parker was as as dense culturally as let's say, Cameo.
Speaker 1: Cameo's connection to blackness.
Speaker 3: Darryl you know better than me, because you from that time period, it was deep like niggas love Cameo, like my mom loved fucking Cameo, like it was black as fuck. And I don't know why Michael Jackson didn't pull from Cameo for some records on Bad I don't know why he didn't. So but so back to the point with gn X, I think the point with gen X is dot realized, like the culmination of what's happening in the space, how to make it his and then represent it at the perfect time. So it equated to him having more successful singles than any other album songs. That's probably It's gonna probably be multiple songs on this album that go diamond. The album is probably gonna end up somewhere near five or six million sol. I mean it's a different type of thing. I mean where he's where he culminated that as an artist. So shout out to quin t to Quinnity cooling the Gang. That's another one, yep.
Speaker 4: So do you think Prince was able to pull from somebody like, like you said, Cameo and stuff like that better than Mike did since Mike didn't pull it because.
Speaker 3: Michael Prince was Prince was Prince took from white people like because you know he had the time Prince put.
Speaker 1: Out the time.
Speaker 6: Prince James.
Speaker 1: Okay, Prince Prince.
Speaker 3: But by that time it was over to like by the late eighties, they wasn't quite they had already kind of hit their peak because.
Speaker 1: Uh cameo Me was a slow version of Rick James when I was growing up.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 6: I'm not mad that you would know better than us, but yeah, I'm saying just.
Speaker 1: Look at the stage performance, the clothing, the way that they all did things that don't even looked like Rick, you know what I'm saying. But they was all off that funk. You know what I'm saying. It was a slower version to me. That's what Bad didn't have.
Speaker 3: He didn't have the funk funk. Yeah, Bad was just hella poppy like Dirty Diner. These records are really great pop record.
Speaker 10: Anchor talking about the Lady in My Life thriller, the way he make Billy Jem like those.
Speaker 1: Thriller that were like black songs. It wasn't bad.
Speaker 3: And that's what I think with that ship. That ship had a lot more pop records early on. But GM next is like hella, hella, hella lost as this black.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 5: Do you think because of how a lot of people felt about big steppers made him go g next, made him come out?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 10: I just think he made him. This guy made him do it. It was on It was on glasses. It was on glasses right there.
Speaker 1: Like sounds catch the black boy.
Speaker 6: I hate the way that.
Speaker 1: That what it did sound like to me too. I told you big steppers are like a cast scratch of the bulls.
Speaker 5: I felt the same way a lot of people felt about big steppers, a lot of people from you know.
Speaker 3: I think that real and I think but that's also why God is a better artist than I am. Like he covers more ground, Like I wouldn't cover that fucking ground, you know what I mean. I keep that between me and my own ship. But doc, will you know what I feel like he didn't. Do you think he regret covering that ground on that?
Speaker 1: No? No, I don't think he really give a think he was when you did covering that? Yeah. Yeah, he's like a real artist, bro. That is like a much more. I'm like a real street urban culturist that became an artist. That is an artist. He always he was a little nigga, but he always was an artist. So it's not about the end results. It's about him just putting his music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how it is for him, you know what I mean. It's not really about where everybody else like it or not. That nigga really be making this ship and figuring it out.
Speaker 11: Do you think that was more like a like a like a self defining album.
Speaker 6: Which one remember it's like Marvin mixed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's like Marvin Gate here my Dear or that or that or that Usher album?
Speaker 7: What's that Usher album? It was a really good album. It's divorced about seventeen Confessions seventeen.
Speaker 3: Not confessions, Oh no, no, no, no, the one later it was it was it was when he got when he broke up with the old lady.
Speaker 1: Was deep as it was dope.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I forgot the name.
Speaker 3: To me, It's like Big Steppers is like here, my Dear, Like you have to be into the artists to really care about the records. Like that was something for him and his fans. I'm not truly a fanatic Kendrick, like I'm a I'm a friend. I'm a fanatic gn X. I'm not a fanatic of Kendrick as like, he wouldn't be in my favorite artist He's just my nigga, that's dope. Was a nigga that I think is all time great, but he not in my list of niggas that I'm listening to, you know what I mean. Kendrick is all time great, but that's not my ship.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: Gn X is the first DOT album that here I stand shut out to BV exactly. That was another one Life is Good by Nas. It's the ones where if you're into the artist, you know, I mean, that's your album that connects with them.
Speaker 7: I feel like as if as if that that Big Stepper was an album where where he gave a voice to the voiceless, you know what I'm saying. So it was like so the people that that cut and basically speak with the city he was saying, like the father Time song, the song with the you know what I'm saying about his auntie. It was it was given a voice right there, but that.
Speaker 6: They didn't have.
Speaker 3: That's not true. That was the biggest conversation in mainstream media. That's what I didn't like. It felt too pop.
Speaker 7: So now you felt as if I'm going that way right there, and made people like, it's not more light on that ship right there, like it was a given the light was.
Speaker 3: Already shining on it. So he kind of brought his positioning into it based off what he was going through. So it was all these mainstream topics and things like at that time, that was a big thing to talk about people being you know, what do you call those?
Speaker 1: What pronouns? That's fucked up?
Speaker 6: It's like.
Speaker 1: Pronouns was big at that time. So I felt like it. I felt like that album is his most pop album. I know that sounds crazy. Do you feel like that album was most pop album? Yeah? Four fans like that album? Yes, so you think they came from his previous album? Was like, man, we really want to hear him talk about Yes, I think Dot's core fans is like a very mainstream person.
Speaker 3: Do you think that is relevant what's going on? Yeah, he know everything. That motherfucker be watching everything.
Speaker 1: Nigga. You said something about Nigga in the third grade. He know what you said. So he knows like he knows the mood of the people.
Speaker 3: It's not the mood like he's a really autist share that is he's a really great artist, bro, because it's not just the mood of people with him, like he finds himself where people are something I'm just really figuring out right now. I just figured out how to do it right this prime example, this motherfucker knew how to do it pretty much since damn he figured out like two things.
Speaker 1: I just figured it out right now. I had a recordd way.
Speaker 3: Before this motherfucker, but he studied and pay attention way more so, like he found how to align himself at the time where it sat and present a perspective. I didn't figure it out till Tupac must dieing. Really now, I'm like, okay, I see like I'm working on this idea. Were working on this idea. You and Trap were working on this idea, and it's like, oh yeah, we're gonna take all this shit happening and put it into the idea that never used to happen to me before. Like it was always my personal journey as an artist, as an artist to reflect what was happening. So I think God, like, like specifically with you know, big steppers, it is like here, my dear, it shout out to hymphisms. It is kind of depressing to me when I listened to it, You know what I mean, It's very rooted in him. But also remember it's during the pandemic. Yes, when this is a big conversation, people hurting themselves, like he knew how to align it. I think most of Dots fans are very like a mainstream type of audience versus.
Speaker 1: Like gn X.
Speaker 3: Even though it's successful, it's not as mainstream. The language ain't his mainstream. The attitude and his mainstream, but the rec are so contagious that they're digestible in a different way.
Speaker 1: That's what I saying.
Speaker 4: It seemed like every time he does it's like it fits the public, with the public scoring three.
Speaker 1: You know, this is the first time that it didn't the hell No, I think this was the public need. It's like the public needed this to happen. But this is the difference.
Speaker 3: See, he was always framing for what they wanted. This is the first time it wasn't about them, and I could tell it was about where he was at.
Speaker 1: But he was already prepared for this.
Speaker 7: I was about to say that right there, about to say a lot of times he means to he means the fans and nothing. I'm saying the listeners where they're at and then you'll come here, yeah yeah, come here, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I felt like he dropped this album because he felt like he needed to drop this album like he was pumped up. He wasn't even pumped up, like he got pumped up like a victory lap. It wasn't because that's not that. That ain't his temperament. Like you're not like that. You won't talk about the battle, we just laugh at it.
Speaker 5: Do you think he cares about the streets think about his work? And I kind of felt like the streets didn't love Big Steppers. It almost like he heard that, like I need to put this ship out there.
Speaker 6: I agree with your.
Speaker 3: Coach necessarily ever been his thing. I don't think, not one of them records that was his thing. I don't think he really gave a fuck what none of us like the streets think. I mean when you start talking about streets, no, now street urban culture, yes, but not the streets.
Speaker 1: This album is. But that's what I mean when I say street, streets urban culture, but it's different, like this album is really for the streets, street urban culture. This is the streets.
Speaker 6: This is Yeah, A lot a lot of this album came up after that pop out.
Speaker 1: This this is like from my home, just from my home, this is where I came from it, but not just that.
Speaker 3: This for every ghetto, Like this is a record where he's not trying to tell the ghetto. He's he's like this what our mom get down? Versus at first he would be trying to be a great example you feel me of what it should be. This is like, nigga, this is why I'm back. I'm on y'all last.
Speaker 4: Whatever do you think in the beginning he was trying to explain itself more than now to other people.
Speaker 1: That was the first thing I told him when I was talking to him, I was like, bro like like he was like, man, I had to grow up.
Speaker 5: But this album almost came across like niggas like you were, you know, a little disappointed with this album. Was almost like niggas like g niggas like that. They wasn't really feeling that big step of ship.
Speaker 1: Let me, but I really like this.
Speaker 3: I don't think he was worried about me the motherfucker doing national tours. But but I don't think I don't think my thoughts followed pears. You hear me, But big comes always matter.
Speaker 6: But check the credits. Coach e X the album, check the credits telling this.
Speaker 1: Part is like, this is him. I'm glad y'all got him.
Speaker 3: The other ship is him trying to be a better version of himself. You're getting him now. This is the nigga that I know.
Speaker 1: See all that other ship is him discovering shit about hisself, trying to be a better person, that role model. Hey hey, hey, fuck that cut up. I'm telling you, I think he dropped up. And he was like.
Speaker 11: I think as an artist, yeah, get cracking nigga. As an artist, there's always.
Speaker 5: Like you thought, like, man, I gotta be more me. Maybe he was like, this is the record, I gotta be more me.
Speaker 3: But this is something I used to always say, Like I felt like y'all needed to meet him, Like, I'm so glad Drake did that ship he got, Like the world got to.
Speaker 1: Meet him, not the version of him that he wants you to meet. That's cool, and you got to meet who he is. Fucking with him and see, this ship can't be cut. This is uncut like when you make it records, you could cut it down and digestible. This hands off squabble. You mean and then so then the attitude came.
Speaker 3: From that into just him making records that fit who he is at this time, like this is by far to me, this is his most authentic album.
Speaker 5: I would just about that, ask you that before you feel like this and it's you know what the crazy thing is? That's really crazy to have your most authentic album come this late.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the good Man City way more authentic than Good king Man City, way more good kid.
Speaker 1: Mass City was more thematic and and.
Speaker 3: Like like I'm going to present the sophisticated taken to street urban culture, lifestyle and counter like I'm gonna make it artsy. This is like, yeah, nigg here we go yesterday something, give you a bunch of give you a bunch of music. It hold up yesterday. He got songs that this was all his records. Gonna have a message.
Speaker 6: That album huh on the g next.
Speaker 1: From the as a main message, sucking.
Speaker 6: With cool cool.
Speaker 1: It's the first.
Speaker 3: Record saying listen, bro, this is by far his greatest opening of all, tell me what's more important.
Speaker 1: The nigga started the song saying this how you started the album? Yesterday? Somebody whacked out my mirror when I heard that first line. I knew he was in hours turned the radio ship. Okay, yeah, yesterday somebody whacked out my mirror. Nigga.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh so, even though big Steppers had me a little concerned when he said that, I was like, are you about to be sad about this?
Speaker 1: Or so? When he did continue, I was like, all right, this is Kenna that ship.
Speaker 3: I need him to be strong, Like it's okay to project masculine energy, not just in a digestible manner, but it's okay to be the unpologetic for sure. And they gonna love you your most when you were unapologetic, Nigga, they gonna love you. Oh you thought they loved that version in you that they thought you was cool and a nice guy. And you, oh, they don't know you a little confident animal. Show them because if everybody see that, you're gonna have your greatest shit. Now, people gonna be looking at you crazy because they they ain't gonnaquite know.
Speaker 1: But Nigga, show them, Nigga, be like you he really that nigga? Like, Nigga, you really a nigga fool? Like you get cracking, show them, show them, That's what I'm screaming at by show them stop playing. Fuck all that nigga, get to it, make this shit happen. So this album right here, he was the most comfortable with being himself. And that's what he said. He tried to grow up, mature, He had the maturity, tried to grow up because that's all.
Speaker 3: I'm like, that's the best thing, bro, Like, that's the best thing, like him being unapologetically him. It's nothing wrong with the lead with inspiration and ideas and being greater, but it's okay also to just beat us.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 5: You as an artist when you heard that out gn X, did you did you say, Okay, hold him now first listen.
Speaker 1: I told Trump, I said this is the best album before. But did you did it inspire you as artists?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: Okay, I inspired that as an artist, But it's hard for somebody in hip hop that inspire me, even adopte niggas like Kendrick or jay Z at this point that none of them niggas can really inspire me at this point.
Speaker 1: So where do you get inspiration from? Arry White? That's it.
Speaker 3: I've been listening to very white war ain't no, ain't in there hip hop can inspire me no more.
Speaker 1: I feel that this is past that.
Speaker 3: Like I'm I'm I'm at the core black music like now, I'm at the hardest shoal of it. Like I'm playing all kinds of fly shit. I'm playing Nigga'm playing Stevie Wonder Nigga like for real. And I'm like, and I don't make a rap song that's like this. That's like I came up with idea for a song that was like, uh, I was made to love you. It's nothing, nothing like that, but it's like that.
Speaker 1: So do you feel like your next album you drop is gonna be soft food? I don't know. I don't even know if I'm gonna do an album. I don't even know if I question something. I don't know.
Speaker 3: But I tell you one thing. The next song I'm about to drop, I just got it mixed. That motherfucker or you feel me and it ain't I don't can't nobody tell me nothing about.
Speaker 1: Hip hop no more? Like you know what I mean? Like I love it too much.
Speaker 3: I'm realizing most people don't love it enough to be talking to me about it, And I have no idea. They don't have no business talking to me about this. They don't love this shit like me, don't talk to me about it. If you it's like a nigga that don't really love it. Like nigga, you can't talk to me because you want You don't. You ain't finna go through what I'm finna go through to do it. Nigga, I'm making signs for videos, pickets, signs like I love it. It ain't about no money, it ain't about none of that, but this will love. You have to develop though, right, Yeah, I didn't love it at first. I didn't know nothing about it, but now that I do, like, I'm gonna keep looking. So all you can do is tell me where to go. But really there's no more space for hip hop to truly inspire me.
Speaker 1: So so so what you're saying all this your best music is to come. You think your music in front of you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because even the shit that you I've heard from you that's coming out and all the other ship, this shit is like by yo and yo shit is dope to me.
Speaker 1: Look all your ship, but this shit is on.
Speaker 3: Some now because now it's like if you listening to very white bro, if you listening to real like black music at this court Marvin Gay.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm just off of like some shit for me. So it's like like it's the only greatness that could fuck with it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Like it's.
Speaker 3: I'm past rappers, not like better or worse than I mean, I'm past rappers being inspiration. Like I don't even see them as something to emulate anymore. I'm emulating Marvin Gay as a rapper, like just like my predecessors, Just like the original guys when they didn't have rap to look to, they had to be you know what I mean, Like they had a limited amount of rap, like I would imagine Scarface, you know, could see a lot more Gil Scott, Jill Scott hearing than run dmc.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 5: Earlier on in the conversation, somebody asked, who would this guy be in hip hop? Like we were doing R and B and they were like, who this gotta be in hip hop? Forgot the name they were using. Do you feel like at this point in time you you the burier right of hip because it's.
Speaker 3: The only thing that makes sense. Nothing else great enough, even the niggas that's great, like dog in Them and whole and face, the guys I love Kanye that's not.
Speaker 10: Great enough, Like this is not no more where you put Ken Kendrick. If he was, he's probably in them conversations. For sure, he's in the conversations.
Speaker 1: Who would he be that that name? Oh, he'd be the the al Green with Who would he be right now? If I had to pick an act.
Speaker 3: In comedy, he'd be daz Ja pel mhmm right to me, like he just got it pegged down and in R and.
Speaker 1: B music or music outside of hip hop. Probably Marvin Gay, you think so? Yeah, Yeah, it's funny because that's who I envisioned him.
Speaker 3: When I hear him, it is probably like Marvin Gay, like you know what I mean, Like I think early Marvin Gay sacrifice a lot of stuff to make sure people understood what he was doing. But I think when he caught his stride, it was like and he was always successful. You know, he was making hit records. He hadn't hit records.
Speaker 1: He was popping.
Speaker 3: But he reminds me of Marvin Gay, you know what I mean. Like he's like he like he found this level of soul at a time when it was really needed. It wasn't manufactured like like this like this is legit like this ain't even like other like people saying he just went West Coast, Like even the musicianship of adding basis like a lot of music is just you know, not muster muster, get busy, but a lot of other West Coast music it's kind of eight A waights and melodies.
Speaker 1: They don't really use the base or that frequency anymore. Like and for him to kind of go put that frequency in all that music, like it's like Marvin Gay to me, you know what I mean, Like like he like he been successful the whole time, Like Marvin Gay was successful, we had records. But man, towards the end of his career, you really could see this China wind of unapologetic nigga that was like hell of dope. And I think with Dot, you know, even if this is the last album, I think we got like the most.
Speaker 3: Unapologetic nigga in the world, and we got a nigga when the world needed a nigga too.
Speaker 1: But why are you okay last album? You think it's gonna be his last album? I don't know, shit, It depends. I think he needs to be motivated to create.
Speaker 3: I don't think he like this ain't the business like he makes business out of music, but that ain't his business. Like I think his business is raising his kids and living his life. He made enough money to be fund you know what I'm saying. He's straight, so it'll be hard for him to motivate himself for money, you know what I mean, or just to put out another album, like he would have to have like a story that he wants to tell. And you know, I don't know, you know, I don't know what motivated him at this point. How do you get motivated after this? Usually people get motivated after this because of money, But like now, you you already made money.
Speaker 1: You already had a national tour for me this.
Speaker 3: You have multiple national arena tours, you have multiple number ones before this, and now you finally just hit the pinnacle, Like, right, you just super Bowl five games for one song, give me arena tour? Like what motivates you after this to kind of really make music? Like you you're finna spend a lot of time away from your family, right, You're finna be on this role. He already spent a lot of time away from his family now, so it's like, you know, they don't want to raise his kids and all of that that shit mattered to him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do want to say this about uh our Mount rush Moore, the no feelings around Mount Rushmore. I think, I honestly think it might be the best route Mount worsh Moore that could be put put together.
Speaker 1: They think it's gonna be the best.
Speaker 5: I'm interested to see other people my mind worsh More, but I don't think it's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be better than ours. I think that what you say we got the best one, I think we got the best one.
Speaker 5: I'm really I want to see others, but I think that I think those are the two best Mount rush More for the male female for sure, male female male. I feel yeah, I feel like it's like both of the other best. Those are the best Mounts Rushmore.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the diamond Back Photography to Homy, what's up, Brodie, thank you for the two dollars. What's your rating for Maya vocally? I have already heard enough of mine singing. Immediately the six come to mind, but she's probably better.
Speaker 1: What do you think you're six Maya vocally? Yeah, I haven't heard enough of her singing, but because of y'all, like I heard, it makes me think of a six seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, six seven is fair, theyself love, thank you for the two dollars.
Speaker 1: Play take him on the deep dive of Brandy. I got you all a copella too. I don't want no fucking music.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna shave you. Yeah, I'm gonna shave the ropes.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: Thank you Diamond Back Photograpy for that five dollars. The instrumental that John Mure is a masterpiece. Sound Way made that beat with Cocoa Leve's I'm Crying They'll Find example was beautifully crafty.
Speaker 1: Nigga.
Speaker 3: I remember sound Wave was whack, so I hit South Wave on the DM. I was like, man, I'm so proud of you, bro. He got so dope. Man, Him and Ali, them niggas got hello dope. That's young and devoted. They've been devoted, so all the best things should happen to them. Man, they hello dope. Shout out to Nick, thank you for that five dollars. Shout out to g and the lunch table east side that port yep Wes. Shout out to Mow they self love for the two dollars. No, mister Morale slander.
Speaker 1: I just slander it. I just said it sounded like cast scratching paper that.
Speaker 6: What's that?
Speaker 1: What's that he's saying that he don't get. I don't think it's that bad.
Speaker 5: He thinks if he's telling the truth to himself, if it's a glasses fact, it means.
Speaker 1: Is it really slander? Super stretching. It wasn't like a pain when y'all listen to the album, Like we argue with the lady on that solid Yeah, not my favorite the cards trap off that you dirty ass bitch, you punk ass, that's your I.
Speaker 6: Said, only had to hear it one time and recognize how great it was.
Speaker 5: Trap You listened to it one time because there was nothing else play backable, like you didn't want to listen.
Speaker 1: That ship hurt that ship like I listen to it.
Speaker 3: That's the thing about Doc, Like I listened to all the albums at least a couple of times straight through, right because he that type of artist. Damn was my Damn was my Probably the it was the second or third best one section eighty was up there see your next by far as just the ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew I wasn't gonna like big steppers when see and that's weird to me. Shout out to Moses he said, we cried together. It's fire. Just fire wouldn't be the thing I would describe to speak on that song. I know like fire, Bro, I didnt know. I wasn't gonna like the big steppers when too many young kids like that, like I'm more depressed, motherfucker. Yes, too many Step and six on me.
Speaker 6: You heard father niggas.
Speaker 3: You gotta appreciate his range as an artist. I do appreciate as an artistry as an artist. I'm a huge Kanye West fan.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you six six and Trap yeap, what's better big Steppers or g next to y'all.
Speaker 11: They're completely different albums.
Speaker 1: For different albums, but one is better than others to y'all.
Speaker 12: It's literally just completely It's like comparing the Power Forward to a point Guard shout.
Speaker 1: Out to and I'm listening to that. Motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Now, gee, you listen to this nigga argue with this lady on this song in the middle of this. You a sick nigga, bro.
Speaker 7: You just like you.
Speaker 12: I'll admit the argument part is a little much, but that that I can't pick that one moment and judged the whole album for that.
Speaker 1: But the whole album is sad.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but I mean some people are said, I understand.
Speaker 1: That's that's why I said.
Speaker 3: It sound like the pain of cat scratching papers like shout Out to thank You for Do Dollars, my favorite album still in rotation all day.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: I played that ship two or three times. That was it, Jack, He said, I hate to say it being from Watts, but I like J Cole over K DO. That's not crazy, Actually not crazy. That's not crazy.
Speaker 6: Go ahead and they I think that.
Speaker 1: Out there. I see y'all Friday, man.
Speaker 3: But looking out for tuning into the Note Sellers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA. It produced about the Black Effect podcast network and not heard radio year