Speaker 1: Corey, that clock's wrong, right, So we just rent this area across that wall and we're in charge of those clocks, not these all right, guys, injuries for today, Debot will be limited. Everyone else is the same, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yes, that means Devo's shoulders feeling.
Speaker 1: A little bit enough to be limited.
Speaker 3: How we've seen how you handled the final minutes of the first half. I guess two questions. One is do you ever feel that anxiety that people in the stands feel when the clock is ticking? And how long did it take for you to kind of arrive? And that's the way you want to handle the end of first half situations.
Speaker 1: I'm just going through it all. I'm trying in nineteen and seeing our success within matchup with the twenty years of stats we got before that.
Speaker 3: On Saturday? Did it? Did it you gotta let the way you wanted to or did it a little bit too much time.
Speaker 1: Go off the clock? No, we had all the way we wanted to. You just I mean we ended up kicking it on fourth down, don't we. That's right, right? Yeah? Right? I mean it has when you're thinking about that, it's not times is downs, and so the plays would have been the same on the second down before that, we tried to get an explosive and then you check it down and then it goes to third and two. And then now, if we would have not saved any time, it would have been third and two in the same situation with about I don't I can't remember exactly, but I want to guess forty seconds and now everything's down to that third and two. Now, if you don't get that third and two, now the other team has the ball back with forty seconds and three timeouts, and now it's a totally different game. At that time, we're up seven to six. Worst case scenario. I feel we're going into halftime up seven to six. I'd like it to be second worst case scenario, ten to six. No one will make the feel. We're starting with the ball in the third quarter, so we could have a chance to lap him. I still believe if we get the right look, which we almost did. The mic was just a little bit too deep. Now we're inside the ten and we have two shots at the end zone where you have a chance to go up seventeen or sorry, fourteen to six. Get the ball first in the third quarter, and now you're up twenty one to six, and the game has completely been changed for that reason. Now, we didn't get that. They didn't give us the big shot. So now we came to a third and two, Well, at least that whole half wasn't on the line. On the third and two, we knew exactly what we had. We still went for it, but we didn't get it. And now we can kick our field goal and they're never going to touch the ball again. So those are the stats. Took me a while to believe it, just like all you guys obviously, but there's too much history with it. There's too much time, and I believe that really helps us have a good record.
Speaker 4: Rocker he said he was a little overly aggressive.
Speaker 1: I guess the Packers that there were checkdowns he could have hit that he would have liked to hit. Is that something you've been talking to him about?
Speaker 3: To see the jack?
Speaker 1: Something I talked to every quarterback out every single day I've ever coached. So it's it's crazy how many questions we're getting about every one of Brock's decisions. But I'm starting to realize it because I get previewed before all this, and uh yeah, sometimes when quarterbacks make bad decisions, forcing it deep. They should check it down. Sometimes when they check it down and a guy hits the guy right away, they're like, damn, I had that over the top. Brock's as good as any quarterback I've had it. Making those decisions does not mean he's perfect. Try to find me that guy.
Speaker 3: Is there a.
Speaker 4: Moment in a game this year, a practice where you see Trent Williams moving in space and just sort of marvel at how a guy that size has feet moves like he does.
Speaker 1: Almost every day except for walkthrough, refuses to bend his knees and walk through. It's more to mess with me. You should have seen his workout last week. I mean, after having a week off and him just being in their deadlift and doing box jumps and stuff, and he would have thought he was twenty four year old specimen said he's thirty five year old specimen. So I'm sure it'll be a forty year old specimen too. So trust the man has been.
Speaker 4: Through this for the last several years.
Speaker 1: Does it feel like any other week or is the magnitude of the game there. It's still a little bit. I mean, it feels like the playoffs. It's I mean the playoffs always feel different. Just everyone is so alert, everyone's so on it, everyone's so patient outside of here in terms of I mean, at least for me, sleep at the office if you need to, don't worry. You make sure you get it right. And I'm sure the players are the same. Everyone just knows it's it's it if you don't win. So I'd like to say you focus as hard as you can every week, but when you get to these situations, just it's a little bit different and it makes it makes a lot more fun.
Speaker 2: Last year, guys said that one of the hardest parts of swallowing that laws was how hard it is to climb the mountain again.
Speaker 1: You can't just snap your figures. How hard is it, Kyle to get back to this point you're in and your outan, I mean, it's it's very hard. It's when you go into January every year to February. I don't even know what the date is. I think it's getting close to February. It's it's just long and you know, but it's you always feel after whether you lose an MC championship, whether you lose a Super Bowl. I mean, ask anybody whether it's one of them, whether it's two of them. I mean, after that, it's like, oh my god, that took so much and was so long to get there, How can you ever do that again? And that's why you go through your own little depression for a day, a week, couple months, whatever it is. Usually by the time March hits though, and you're starting to look at free agency, you're starting to look at the draft, you're starting to look at your board of what your team is now, how you can improve it to the next season. You always get right back there if you like what you doing, but you definitely need a break after it. Everybody does, because it's hard to do it at that high of a level, just mentally and physically for the guys, for this long of a time.
Speaker 4: Team that you have a group of guys that have been able to do it so many.
Speaker 1: Times in the last five years, I think it. I mean, that's what I like about our guys the most. Football is very important. I Mean, when we were a lot younger in nineteen when we did it, and you know we were we went, you know, we were second picking the draft of the four and twelve team to all of a sudden thirteen and three and going there, So it was more you didn't really know, just you didn't know what type of year it was going to be, and you kind of just fell into it. And then you come back and you think about all that stuff the next year and the next year during that COVID year and all those guys we lost up in New York and losing our quarterback and Nick and a number of people just it ended so fast, and then the COVID stuff was so weird. But then you get to the next offseason and guys just now they know how bad a season sucks when you don't do good, and how much more fun it is when you are in that and you're playing for games at the end of playoffs. And that's what I think we learned in both of those two years. And you know, we snuck in, not snuck in, but we earned to get in that last game in twenty twenty one and then made a run to get to the championship. And last year we went on a big win streak to I forget what seed we were, but guys start to get used to how how hard it is to get there, how important it is to get there. And that's why I think our veterans have been different a little but in the offseason, not necessarily just we're gonna work harder or do this or that, but it's just a little bit more deliberate in everything you do.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's it's not about just being ready for training camp. It's not about just winning a job. It's it's about how to do this as a team. We got a lot of good individuals, but I feel like we've thought as a team a lot since nineteen.
Speaker 2: The gifts Green Bay in the thirty nine yard touchdown run by McCaffrey, looked like Warner might have been on the wrong side of the formation, and MIC's picked up Brock saying stay there and stay there. What was going on in that play? Was he on the wrong side of the formation? Was that a heads up play by Yerdy?
Speaker 1: No, there was a we changed there's we changed plays. We balance it out on which way we're gonna run. And then he was supposed to flip then motion and we were just too late in the count, soil Brock instead of having him flipped in motion, he just took the motion off and left him there because we were low on the play clock. It was awesome job. We would have to lay a game, or if he would have just sent that, we would have had a snap and it had no one blocked. So it was him having good awareness of what everyone's doing on a run, play.
Speaker 2: Checkdowns early, but then self correcting in the fourth quarter on the final drivers.
Speaker 4: That encourage you that he left that behind and.
Speaker 1: This game, yeah, that's different. I mean the third and ten. On the last drive, I'd say it should have probably been a checkdown on that unbelievable throw he threw way over. I forget who it was and Juwan came in a knowir and caught it. I thought that was a checkdown until Juan caught it. So it's it's playing the game, like, yeah, you judge everything, but you got to try to play the game and you got to try to win. And if it's just automatic all the time, they're deep check down, they're tight throw a deep like yeah, that's how it should work out. But you're in a pocket and you're playing a sport. You're not reviewing it like a coach with a film after and you're not just asking questions based off of stuff. It's he's got to play and that's why. Yeah, on the last drive, he did some good on that, but it was it wasn't just as consistent as the questions what did you think, Chris, MVP finalists. That's what they deserve, the way they played all year, the way they played last year. I mean, both of them at their positions as good as anybody at quarterback and running back. I've been around also watch football for a long time, and there's a lot of good players in this league. So it sucks that one person's got to get all those awards. But those guys are right there with those other guys. What's that We don't call them the twelfth man here, but but our crowd is very important. Our crowd is our crowd I think is the best in football. They travel extremely well. They want have to travel this week, I hear the Lions fans traveled pretty well. I mean, we love having a home field advantage, our defense more than anything, our players coming out of the tunnel. We want to win it here. It's it's a huge deal. It affects everybody, and I think always in sports, I mean, everyone likes playing at home, but in football, when it's loud, that truly is an advantage. I mean that truly messes up what one side of the ball can do on the other team. And that's why it's very important that we're loud.
Speaker 4: Obviously did affect, but at times, particularly late. But given the investment millions and millions, when you see like zero sacks in a playoff game, you guys.
Speaker 1: That's not acceptable. No, I don't go in there and say, look at these millions, look at the zero sacks. This is unacceptable. I go in there and I look at how we won, how it came.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: If if you got a four man rush and people are chipping every time and the back staining and the help, well you know, which means you have eight guys in protection, there's one quarterback, there's two guys out on a route, and seven guys in coverage, probably not gonna give any sacks. But I don't think you're gonna give any points either, So there's a balance out to it. Yeah, we want more sacks, definitely, But how a guy's gonna play us? How are we gonna do it? And I liked how O d Line played. I guess