Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Getta and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Fighting these fires has been a nearly impossible task.
Speaker 1: Tornado like wind gusts up to one.
Speaker 2: Hundred miles per hour are catapulting embers in all directions. Some firefighters have been working forty eight hour shifts evacuating residents, patients, the elderly, anyone in harm's way. Now, California Governor Gavenusam is deploying the California National Guard to try to help.
Speaker 3: Almost impossible to imagine a forty eight hour shift of anything, let alone firefighting in the wind. This important to mention as people start to jump on the evil insurers who dropped the fire coverage.
Speaker 1: For these homes. In some cases, as we.
Speaker 3: Know personally from someone weeks ago, right before the fires hit, Proposition one oh three in California made it illegal to accurately price fire insurance. Insures can only use historical data, not projections of what it actually costs now to rebuild a house or to fix a house up, And so it just didn't make sense for them to keep doing it.
Speaker 4: So they said, either we're not writing any more policies, goodbye, or we're dropping our current policy holders, which is their absolute right to do.
Speaker 3: By the way, I got to throw this out there just because I know it's floating around. I have a window into a certain segment of the social media world. I don't know how many people this represents. But the fires were set on purpose under the homes of the pedophiles to hide the evidence of their child trafficking.
Speaker 1: That's the QAnon sort of thing. Please get help. Do you have any sense of how many people are into that is it? Is it a tenth of one percent or three percent? I don't really know.
Speaker 4: Well, one percent of the country obviously would be what's three point three million people? Three point four million, which which so tenth of one percent would be three hundred and forty thousand. And if they tweeted much or facebook much, it would seem like, all, what, Yeah, if three hundred and forty thousand people are hot to trot for an idea, you would get the idea.
Speaker 1: It's it's caught on.
Speaker 4: That is so bat as crazy, Yes it is, yeah, yeah, man. Anyway, So I really want to talk about the oral arguments in front of the Supreme Court tomorrow about the TikTok ban. I find it one of the most intriguing First Amendment questions I can think of, And it's fun because I get what both sides are saying, and at some point I want to scroll through. It happens to be Tim Sanderfer, our good old friends Tim Sanderfer from the Goldwater Foundation Twitter feed a lot about the wildfires in California and the government and the Coastal Commission and regulation, all sorts of stuff, super interesting. But the one thing I want to get out is as Gavin Newsome and others are immediately going to climate change right always, here's John Hook of Fox ten who makes the point to blame every natural disaster on climate change gives politicians and policy makers blanket immunity for inemptitude.
Speaker 1: So most journalists fail to see through this.
Speaker 3: John brilliantly put absolutely, and if you point out anything other than climate change, you're kind of on the side of the climate change deniers.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, it's a beautiful, like all purpose canard fake argument in that it gives you the blanket immunity and it promotes the scam, which is routing taxpayer dollars to your cronies who will keep you in power for the rest of your days if possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 3: Anyway, having said that, here's interesting. Here's my TikTok lead in. I can tell you I will be vague, very nice, very smart people, young people who had TikTok on their phones. As talking to over Christmas. I brought up the fact that it's the Chinese Communist Party spying on you getting into your phone making a profile, and I was told that is.
Speaker 1: A conspiracy theory. Wow by smart people.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I wonder where they heard that, right, No, kidd, So here is the deal.
Speaker 1: And the reason this is so interesting is.
Speaker 4: Because, well, to me is because I'm a damn near First Amendment absolutist. As they say, yes, you can come up with examples of stuff I would restrict, of course, but I am a hardcore. The cure for bad ideas is better ideas. The cure for bad speech is more speech. I despise what the Biden administration did in the social media companies during COVID, Absolutely despise it. If violence would have solved it, I'd have been tempted.
Speaker 1: I think I know that you think sold everything.
Speaker 3: Somebody gets an infection, you say, more free speech, that's how you cure it.
Speaker 4: That's well, that's okay, so ah, so I am absolutely on that side of it. On the other hand, I am in favor of and nobody's talking about banning TikTok per se. They're saying the current entity bite dance, which dances to the tune called by the Chinese Communists.
Speaker 3: They said they don't have not own TikTok. They said they don't by dance says they don't.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. The Communists would never lie to us.
Speaker 4: The country that has sworn that they will crush us and surpass us and lead the world, would never mislead us, even though that's like a cherished part of Chinese culture.
Speaker 1: You deceive your enemy in two weakness.
Speaker 3: Well, I make that sarcastic comment because I think that's often the missing piece. There's no such thing as a private company in China. If you have a company in China, you have to do what the Communist party wants. They have access to whatever they want, or you don't get to exist.
Speaker 4: Right, And it's correct me if I'm wrong, I think Tim or our good old friend Tim Sanderfer is against this action by the government. I think you're right because and I don't want to speak for anybody, because there are nuances here.
Speaker 1: It is dicey as you're about to get into because.
Speaker 4: Well, right, because the First Amendment does protect me saying, for instance, I mean I can say I think Hijinping's right. I think China ought to run the world. I can repeat foreign propaganda.
Speaker 1: I have that right.
Speaker 3: The country would be better if China was the leader of the world order. It would be better for all of us. You can say that, and we can't outlaw outlet's who say that.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: There are plenty of people, several of their names, repeating Russian propaganda right now, which is absolute horsecrap. And you ought to be smarter than that. But having said that, here's the deal, and and I am not. I would like to spend all of my time for the next week studying up on this question, but I don't have time.
Speaker 1: Do you remember we.
Speaker 4: All got hip too, you know, in the early days of everybody having a smartphone and having apps, and how great all the free apps were. Took a little while, but most of us got hip to the fact that if it's free.
Speaker 1: It's because you are the product.
Speaker 4: That card game, that angry birds, that that shopping app, will you name it exists.
Speaker 1: To collect your data.
Speaker 4: All they did was come up with a clever way of how to entice you into giving them your data.
Speaker 3: Yeah, free chess app my son came across the other day. Oh no, I can download on my computer. I ain't play chess for free. And it's another one of those one you download it, they get to look at every key stroke you ever make apps or perhaps they're ADS supported, which is fine, We're ad supported.
Speaker 1: It's the way you do business.
Speaker 4: But the point is TikTok is not a social media trading videos platform.
Speaker 1: At its core, it.
Speaker 4: Is a tool of Chinese Communist Party surveillance and manipulation of our young people.
Speaker 1: That is why it exists now.
Speaker 4: The manifestation of that is how it does what it does, and how it does it right now is what people are arguing about. But because and this is a new era that our founding fathers didn't reckon with, at least not specifically, you have a tool designed and implemented by the Chinese Communist Party by proxy. Because I don't for a second disagree with you Jack, if you can be manipulated by the Chinese Communist Party, you are or will be. So you've got an app that exists to collect data and influence minds that is controlled by proxy for now or directly, we don't know, by the Chinese Communist Party. If you just say, look, you got to several ties with any Chinese overlords. And then, and this is the government's argument, you can do precisely what you're doing right now in the way you're doing it, but it can't be controlled by the Chinese Communist Party because that is the federal law that the that the federal government and for once I agree with Biden administration is resting on And I don't remember the specific name of the act, but the act targets control by a foreign adversary, not the speech.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I actually listened to the Advisory Opinions podcast from The Dispatch the other day with New York Times lawyer columnist David French and Sarah Isger, both Harvard lawyers, arguing over this. Most of it was way over my head, but yeah, their whole thing was you got to stay away from the speech part. You can't make it about the content because you get because if you get into that only no, you get to have a newspaper in the United States that's communist and says communism is better all day, every day, I mean always, We've been doing that in the United States. But it gets pretty dicey if it's who's behind it and what extent do you mean behind it?
Speaker 1: Right, that's a tough one.
Speaker 4: And I realize what I'm about to say is a little gray area, slippery slope, but it's true. Nonetheless, in the era of AI and leaps forward in computer technology, we don't fully understand the capability of TikTok in what it's being used for or what it will be used for. It is absolutely a tool being wielded by our most dangerous enemy, and I think we need to air while protecting the speech to the side of if China's in favor of it, I'm against it.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think that makes me a lunatic. Yeah, that was one of the things I was hoping. I thought.
Speaker 3: I was hoping that as the word got out that TikTok is the Chinese Communist Party misleading you, that so many people would not be interested in using it. But as I was told one it's a conspiracy theory in two people said, yeah, but it's so much fun.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, and we are dealing with a horrible situation where are young are indoctrinated to hate their country. So if your argument is we've got to protect the United States of America from the Chinese, they're like, why would we bother? This is the most racist country on earth. It's a colonial oppressor.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Trump and Kamala were both on TikTok during the election because that's such a good way to reach young people, right.
Speaker 4: Right, And what he has to say about it should be interesting going forward. Like everything else, he thinks he can negotiate a much better deal than the previous guys did.
Speaker 1: Well, he seems to be right. He seems to have changed his mind.
Speaker 3: Trump, as always, he makes statements where he always leaves himself out. But it seems that he's changed his mind on the TikTok thing that is supposed to end on the nineteenth, the day before the inauguration.
Speaker 1: We'll see. Yeah, he's gone back and forth. Who knows. It's scary. Though.
Speaker 3: One thing I wish would happen is, uh, we could get.
Speaker 1: Their algorithm, I guess, because that's what they got.
Speaker 3: Going for him, right, the best algorithm ever for figuring out what it is you're interested in and keeping you addicted.
Speaker 1: All day long, and to ruin the brains of very young Yes, nice, more on the way, stay here, Armstrong.
Speaker 5: Hey, So what we are seeing is the result of eight months of negligible rain and wins that have not been seen in LA in at least fourteen years.
Speaker 1: It's a deadly combination. Scot's Mayor Bass of Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: She finally got back to town with the biggest disaster in LA history happening is out of town. I don't think that's a particularly big deal. Her leadership on this and some of her comments around fire prevention and all kinds of different things over the years have been horrific. But here's a little more of what she had to say that's being mocked right now.
Speaker 5: If you need help, emergency information, resources and shelter is available. All of this can be found at you Arel. Los Angeles together is how we will get through this.
Speaker 1: At yourel.
Speaker 3: A lot of these people that get to be elected are leaders, are terrible leaders. They're all kinds of good at working political machinery and knowing where the various power. Structured grievances are or money, money, all that different sort of stuff. But they're not leaders in any sense. If you're you know, you're out of your home because it burnt down here, all the help you need is that you.
Speaker 1: Are l okay.
Speaker 4: Alan Karen Bascott cut seventy million dollars from the fire budget even while she campaigned for lavish services for illegal immigrants. Did one equal the other? I don't know, let's find out. Let's talk about that.
Speaker 3: Here she was attempted to border a plane and board a plane and being asked a whole bunch of questions by a reporter.
Speaker 6: Do you owe citizens and apology for being absent while their homes were burning? Do you regret cutting the fire department budget by millions of dollars?
Speaker 1: Not in there?
Speaker 6: Have you nothing to say today that I have you absolutely nothing to say to the citizens today? Alon Musk says that you're utterly incompetent. Are you considering your position, madam mayor? Have you absolutely nothing to say to the citizens today here dealing with this disaster? No apology for them? Do you think you should have been visiting Ghana while this was unfolding?
Speaker 1: Back home.
Speaker 3: So in the same way that because of all the illegal immigrants in New York, Donald Trump got more votes in New York than any Republican I think ever, I mean just crazy support compared to anything any Republicans got in the past. Same thing might happen in LA around the whole fire story. New York Post with this story celebrities turn on DEM's blast LA Mayor for fire response ruined our state. A whole bunch of quotes from big time Hollywood types who are unhappy with their own side and the way they've had it.
Speaker 1: And this is the sort of thing you don't forget.
Speaker 3: This isn't just like a passing I'm mad now, but I'll get over it sort of story.
Speaker 4: You would hope you could figure out that policy equals results before your house burns down.
Speaker 1: But maybe that's what it takes for some people.
Speaker 3: Right, and you just don't vote for the party that has pronouns or says the right things about LATINX or whatever, and you actually look at the policies.
Speaker 1: But this could be the LA version of what happened in New York over immigration. I think, to get.
Speaker 4: Back to the previous thought about climate change, I love this once again from Tim Lawyer. The environmentalism religion offers its own handy excuses. It's climate change's fault. You can't blame a mass. We could never have foreseen it. The only precautions we could possibly take would be the overthrow of capitalism and the destruction of all technology.
Speaker 1: That's right. It is a great blanket excuse.
Speaker 4: Now, yes it's incredibly dry, and yes it's incredibly windy, and yeah that's it's like a crazy coming together of terrible factors. But you're cutting the budget of the fire department to provide services to illegal immigrants and not the people of La.
Speaker 1: County, and everybody knows it's fire prone.
Speaker 4: Joe Rogan, among others, has been saying, hey, one day, this entire place is going to go up, So don't blame climate change or the wind.
Speaker 1: Well, if you need help, go to URL. That's what I say.
Speaker 3: We're watching the Carter funeral, the multi hour spectacle unfold. The talk of the funeral so far is Barack Obama and Donald Trump yucking it up for many, many minutes before this thing started.
Speaker 1: What were they talking about. Somebody's got to find out.
Speaker 3: Among other stories we've got for you coming up, stay with us, Armstrong and Geeddy. So Joe Biden's the only former president speaking at Carter's funeral today.
Speaker 1: They're all there.
Speaker 3: In the first couple of rows, and Joe Biden is just taking the microphone and we'll keep an eye on that. Oh boy, see how it goes. Barack Obama just leaned into Trump. Just watch, he's going to tell that stupid corvette story again. Biden's at some point gonna say, Jimmy is Jimmy here? I was told Jimmy Carter would be here.
Speaker 1: Oh where's Jimmy. Where's Jimmy? Where's Jimmy? So Jimmy would be here? Oh boy, I hope not. I hope that doesn't happen.
Speaker 4: Well, and when they're done, I hope the minister doesn't shout next.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, Joe's got a belief that we could get it two for one going here. Everybody's in the dark suits already, right, Garth Brooks is there to sing a.
Speaker 1: Song, might get a buy one. Get on, Do you feel like you're going soon? That would be a good time. Oh boy, really probably inappropriate. Let's move on.
Speaker 4: Come on. I will tell you this A couple of technoes as an introduction. I'll point out that there's a big piece in the Atlantic which is it does really good long form journalism, but ninety percent of the time it's obnoxiously left and just annoying. But one of the pieces they're running this month is the anti social century. Americans are now spending more time alone than ever. It's changing our politics, our personality, even our relationship to reality. I think, I think that is the answer to virtually every question that's plaguing the modern mind. Is so much of our interaction as virtual. Now we don't spend time with humans.
Speaker 3: I have a bit of an insight into that. And yes, and that last one you said is the biggest problem.
Speaker 1: What was the last part of that? It was the we don't spend time with humans.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, your list of it's causing all of our Oh oh, and there you had a list of things with commas between him. Was the last relationship to reality?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the problem. Yeah. Once you lose your relationship to reality, everything's kind of a problem.
Speaker 4: Well, yes, if you're no longer grounded in what you can see here, feel, smell, observe every day and the ideas that you trade with the people you actually interact with virtually any idea seems as good as any other idea.
Speaker 3: Well, I saw that Atlantic piece about that. The part that stuck out to me was men are doing a lot of watching TV, which has always been true, but maybe it's more now. Are they watching TV or staring at a screenplaying video games? Whichever it doesn't make any difference. It said here men who watch television spend seven hours in front of the TV for every hour they spend hanging out with somebody outside their home. This one struck me, and I think it's absolutely true. The typical female pet owner spends more time actively engaged with their pets than she spends and faced FaceTime with contact and her friends of her own species. That seems to be the thing for girls. Guys play video games, watch sports, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Women, it's the pets man. The airport is full of pets. It's all chicks with their dogs. It's the motherhood urge.
Speaker 3: That's the that's their companion is the pet. Oh, here's Katie who has a dog. Yes, Katie who has a dog wears clothes, Yes, Katie.
Speaker 7: Oh, I spend so much time with my dog and in his face and actually.
Speaker 1: My husband knows so that he doesn't work. My husband works, Frankie. Frankie's here all day long. You got a husband, you got married.
Speaker 3: I think the point of this whole isolation thing is people alone with us.
Speaker 1: And don't need any other relationship because of that.
Speaker 4: Although I would point out that your dog has a very human sounding name, it's not.
Speaker 7: He is quite dapper. I will say, I know you guys hate how much I love my dog, and I just no, no, I love my dog, but.
Speaker 1: You don't put a shirt.
Speaker 5: I got it.
Speaker 1: I did get him a matching shirt Withdrew. You know they got matching flannels. What can I say?
Speaker 3: Will your dog and your husband at matching shirts? Not at all troubling? Actually, that sounds really funny. They have matching flannel shirts.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got. I got Frankie a red plannel with black Andrew as the same one. I'll take a picture and I both post it somewhere.
Speaker 3: In all honesty, I was aware of this when I was out there in the single world, when I was a little bit younger. The whole woman, their friends or their pets that dominates their lives. Thing is it's a thing, and obviously the guys playing video games all the time is a thing. So those two things coming together, you got both sides of the equation with plenty of companionship. Using my finger quotes, that doesn't require any more than that, I guess well.
Speaker 4: And not only that, And I was going to end my philosophizing because it's hard to stop once you get started.
Speaker 1: But one more thing.
Speaker 4: In each case you have a simulacrum, if you will, or a substitute.
Speaker 1: Four.
Speaker 4: When we're talking about the gal motherhood, they're raising a pet and treating it like the baby instead of a baby. And in the case of the men, they are not out building success in the business world or fighting wars.
Speaker 1: They're pretending to on a screen. And what we've learned is and apparently is true that whether it's porn or the things you just mentioned remembered things, there is a low bar of what you need to get of satisfaction of those desires. And it's good enough to not need the real thing, right exactly. Yes, sex is the same. Yeah, troubling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was one ad that bothered me so much I wish I had the actual audio. It was one of your big war themed video games in which The tagline was you can be a hero, and it was delivered dead seriously, not like I mean if it was he can be a hero. You know, all right, we're playing a video game. We're having fun. No, it was dead fing serious in a message to young men. And I couldn't help but think that is the last thing you are. I mean, you might be really good at that video game and it's fun to play with your friends. I have young men in my life that I know who do that with their friends, and that's fine. That's fine to do it to some extent. But if it becomes a substitute for the things that give a man purpose in life, then it's a problem.
Speaker 1: Well, I mentioned yesterday on the show.
Speaker 3: I won't do the full story here, but some working class regular guys who are doing the chat GPT girlfriend thing who.
Speaker 1: Say it's really great. Oh boy.
Speaker 3: They have conversations. You get home from work, you have a conversation with her. How is your day? How do I look? She tells you how you look. She's always there for you.
Speaker 4: You know, humankind had a good run. Now it's time to give the planet to Michael. I'll let you check choose the species this time. I usually go with beavers because they're hardworking, they're industrious, they build structures, Monkeys apes, I.
Speaker 1: Like money in the I think monkey's planet, monkeys monkey monkeys, and or a monkey's comma planet of the So all of that was an.
Speaker 4: Unnecessarily long introduction to a couple of tech stories that have found very interesting. John Deere, the great American company that recently abandoned its neo Marxist DEI programs, thankfully, way to go, John Dear, because it's not about diversity. It's marx is a masquerading as the desire for diversity, which a lot of people still haven't figured out. Anyway, Deer has introduced plans to introduce a range of self driving farm and work vehicles, tractors, dump trucks, robotic lawnmowers. Well, it's funny, this article says, even a robotic lawnmower. Point all over the country. Who are using those?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 3: Get out of the way, here comes the lawnmower. Oh yeah, how good are they? Hope they're good? Oh they're outstanding. Yeah, they all use GPS and everything. They're fantastic.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Deer's doubling down on its commitment to autonomous technology for farm vehicles. No farmer needed. Well, there's just have to manage the automation.
Speaker 3: A lot of that sort of stuff is mindless, and I did tons of it when I was younger, just driving back and forth and rows and everything like that. It's amazing that there are still human beings doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, including you know, some of the mindless stuff is done by the actual farmers who have enormous knowledge of chemicals and obviously you know, horticulture, soils, weather technology. They can fix anything. They do the books. I mean, the modern farmer knows more than you do by a factor of three. They're really impressive people, and so it doesn't make sense that they're going back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. Some of them have employees obviously, but anyway, it's inevitable. You want to get out of the way of the lawnmarer. Here's what I want to get out of the way of a self driving articulate dump truck. That means that has a couple of different segments that can carry more than ninety two thousand pounds at a time. That thing ain't stopping for nothing.
Speaker 3: Wow, how many little kids on bikes are gonna get run over by those. Next topic also tech related, and this has a lot more to do with most of us. The headline is AI's next leap requires intimate access to your digital life.
Speaker 1: It's about to happen.
Speaker 4: Big, these AI agents. They're calling them. That term may evolve, I don't know. It's using AI to complete tasks like book me a vacation, you know, more complex tasks that involve interacting with websites, doing one thing than the other than the other.
Speaker 3: Obviously, for it's a book a vacation for you, it would need credit card data and all kinds of different stuff.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, yeah, and that's exactly where we're going. But it will take care of more complex things. They give a couple of more examples, online shopping data entry, eventually tackling complex work that can take humans hours. But again, it will need access to much much more of your personal life, from credit card numbers to schedules to addresses and phone numbers. Is easy enough to find online, but if it is onlineable, it is hackable, of course, and so the idea that your AI agent would know everything about you all the time is just guaranteed to go sideways.
Speaker 1: Isn't it.
Speaker 3: I got a tech question I want to throw out for people because I'll bet some of our audience has an answer for this on resetting your algorithms, but I'll ask it right after this.
Speaker 1: You know what we ought to do.
Speaker 4: We ought to recruit a tech guru and all things tech guru. I have a couple of possibilities, but it'd be handy to have a go to person like that. We kind of do, but they're not always available anyway, Speaking of tech, a quick word from our friends at Prize Picks. Man, is it easy and fun to get involved with Prize Picks. You don't have to spend your whole year studying fantasy football or what have you to get ready for the playoffs. All you do is pick more or less on a couple of stat projections on players and get ready to win.
Speaker 3: Man, this weekend is going to be awesome. Join over ten million members. Sign up today. Get the Prize Picks app now offers MasterCard by the way for quick and easy deposits into your accounts this sports season. But right now, you sign up fifty dollars instantly. When you play five dollars, you don't even need to win to receive the fifty dollars bonus.
Speaker 1: It is guaranteed. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: If you just play a five dollar lineup, they will put fifty dollars in your account. Download the Prize Picks app today, use the code Armstrong to get that fifty dollars instantly when you play your first five code is Armstrong Prize Picks run your game.
Speaker 3: This question for our tech geniuses out there. Is there a way to reset your algorithms out there? I'm not on TikTok.
Speaker 1: I am on YouTube and Instagram a little, but like, for instance, I got into Bob Dylan for an Afternoon on YouTube, so it gives me endless Bob Dylan suggestions. I'm done with my Bob Dylan craze for now. I don't need that. Or Nietzsche.
Speaker 3: I just end a Nietzsche for ane afternoon over Christmas break, never ending Nietzsche book reviews.
Speaker 1: Quote the professor. I don't need that anymore. How do you reset the dang thing so you're not swamped by stuff you don't care about anymore, whether it's gardening or a football team or whatever. Is there a way? I was for a time really into clown Mma.
Speaker 4: A couple of guys dressed to clown's beating the Bejesus out of each other.
Speaker 1: Now I'm over, And does anybody do this? I do this all the time.
Speaker 3: There's something I see that I'm interested in on Instagram, for instance, I think I don't want to click on that because I don't want to be I don't want to get swamped with that.
Speaker 1: For the next six months. Like I looked at a guitarvity now it's just a thing. The only thing this guy is interested in is long guitar solos. Give him John Mayer, give him Jimmy Hendrix, and no, I don't need that at all. But is there a way to reset that there needs to be.
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 1: They're probably okay. Well, if you know text, click out a variety of things, collage, football, nude chess, Martin Luther chess. All I get is naked women in their boobs castling. That's all I get. Four one, five cats. See it's not chess.
Speaker 3: My son's got that because I've been telling him to look at YouTube videos for playing chess, because we play chess all the time.
Speaker 1: I said, you get better watch the experts. I got all kinds of tips on there. But he gets an.
Speaker 3: Endless feed of chess things, as if that's the only thing you could possibly ever want to see.
Speaker 1: It seems kind of dumb, doesn't it. That's why China beats us on the TikTok. I have a feeling that it's a little more nuanced than the only thing this guy is interested in his guitar solos.
Speaker 4: Of course, if anybody complains about their algorithms, they jailed them.
Speaker 1: So true, there's.
Speaker 3: That true that, But if you know anything about that, I would love to hear about it. Got a horrible update on the fires in la among other things.
Speaker 1: On the way.
Speaker 8: Armstrong Andy and demonstrating that they changed with the times. Eventually, he did get a cell phone, and he one time he called me sort of early on in that process, and.
Speaker 1: On my phone it said Poppa Mobile. So I answered it.
Speaker 8: Of course, I said, hey, pap blah. He said, who's this. I said, this is Jason. He said, what are you doing here? I said, I'm not doing anything. You called me?
Speaker 1: He said, I didn't call you. I'm taking a.
Speaker 8: Picture nuclear engineer, right, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, that's funny. That's Jimmy Carter's grandson. When Jimmy Carter got his first cell phone. I think we've all had this experience with our parents or grandparents.
Speaker 4: You may come across the transcript of his I happen to be watching it in the studio on close captioning on CNN. It was very, very funny and clever and affectionate, and it was sweet.
Speaker 1: It was really cod I don't doubt it.
Speaker 3: Like I've said many times the last week, Jimmy Carter seems like a heck of a nice guy. Would be a great grandpa, would be a great neighbor, all kinds of different things. I don't want to making foreign policy decisions or or domestic policy decisions necessarily. Byron York, writing in The Washington Examiner yesterday, said the low point of Jimmy Carter's awful presidency in his Malaise speech, as they call it for some reason, even though he never used that word, It was the feel Carter sought to deflect responsibility for economic woes, scold Americans for materialism, and sell the country on the age of limits a disaster all around.
Speaker 1: Yes, you just need to expect to keep your thermostat high. We're a sweater and keep your thermostat you know.
Speaker 3: Keep it cold in your house higher load depending on the time of year, where a sweater. We don't have the energy we do used to have. We can't drive as fast. You can't expect is going to return in the stock market. We all need to understand things going to be crappy forever. What kind of speech is that?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: And Reagan came along and he said, no way, We're a great country, let's be great, and people.
Speaker 1: Said that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh, so I brought this up earlier. Do I want to dip my toe into this? I will might not be a good idea.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll even the scales by criticizing you harshly if it doesn't go well.
Speaker 1: So I became aware that part of your kind of Q leaning.
Speaker 3: Right wingers, that's mostly people on the right correct. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I saw this floating around on social media. The fires in LA were started on purpose by these rich pedophiles who were feel like with Trump coming in, the investigations were going to begin, and they're trying to hide the evidence of the pedophile ring. That is the reason we have hundreds of thousands missing children in this country. If you've been following that whole thing with that wow wow wow, Yeah, I think that's insane. I mean like like you're on the edge of I don't know if you're insane, but you're on the edge of divorce from reality. I think, yeah, I would agree. Anyway, we got this text. Pull your head out of your a's you idiots. Have you even read any of the Q posts talking about Q and on enough to realize that there is an s load of accuracy and detail of real, truthful events and history of the deep state, the crooks, criminals and pedophiles running and ruining our country. F you are the typical MSM outlet in the way that you criticize Q. As I was getting in my car, I heard your screen on Q. It fired me up. I hope to be a steady thorn in your side there to remind you of your stupidity. I think all the way back to the CDC and the government ADS and Pfizer and MODERNA and paying your salaries, you're just like the rest of the MSM.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a ridiculous assertion, but thank you for the note. In response to the very first question, have we ever read q'sp post. Yeah, At the beginning of the thing, I was quote unquote turned on to QAnon by a longtime listener and correspondent and read it and said, oh, I recognize what this is. It's the sort of scam that's eighty percent true. It takes things that are are factual and indisputable and weaves them into a narrative that is highly disputable, and it always moves the target, but explains the moving of the target in a way that pulls you along.
Speaker 1: It's a scam.
Speaker 4: It's easily recognizable as a scam if you are a built to recognize scams and be a little bitter and cynical about the world. The stuff about the CDC and COVID, and that's one hundred percent true.
Speaker 1: That's the eighty percent of the scam.
Speaker 3: That's true, right, so exactly? But then where, where and why does the whole Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama and they're all leading a pedophile ring? Where did that come from?
Speaker 1: And why? What's the.
Speaker 4: Maybe because it's so repugnant and compelling, I.
Speaker 1: Guess it is.
Speaker 3: Well, if it were true, it'd be beyond repugnant and compelling, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, if they alleged that they were like abusing wheat futures to make more money, nobody care.
Speaker 1: Right, that's interesting. It's out there. Just thought maybe you'd be interested in that.
Speaker 3: If you miss an hour get the podcast, you go to Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty