Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Tesla announcing its profits have plunged a staggering seventy one percent in the first quarter of this year since CEO Elon Musk took a major role in the Trump administration. Musk telling Tesla investors he will soon be spending a lot more of his time focused on his business.
Speaker 4: The tribalism in so much of America, from car choices to the way the legal system behaves, really troubling. Equal treatment under the law seems to be gone, at least for certain people, many of them on the left. That's the topic I'd like to pursue with our guest in One of those subtopics is at least somewhat Tesla related, but Larry Goodman joins us. Larry's a retired judge for the Superior Court in Elama, California, and also happily Katie's dad.
Speaker 5: Hello, Judge Larry, how are you, sir?
Speaker 2: I'm doing well.
Speaker 5: How are you good? Good?
Speaker 4: I assume you're happily Katie's dad maybe I made a leap there that was inappropriate.
Speaker 2: No, it's been a total blessing. It's couldn't do better.
Speaker 5: At good answer, good answer. So he's on the record is loving his daughter. You'll see. I'd like to get a second witness anyway. Always great to talk.
Speaker 4: And there are a couple of excuses we had to call you up today, and one of them is this Democratic activist in Minnesota who committed over twenty one thousand dollars in damage to Tesla's across Minneapolis. This guy happens to be a state employees a fist policy analyst for the state of Minnesota, long history of anti Trump, pro Democratic posts on his social media. He was arrested and quickly released, and the prosecutor said, now we're going to put him in a diversion program and we will not charge him with any crimes.
Speaker 5: What's your reaction of that.
Speaker 2: Well, the prosecutor said, that way he'll make restitution, which we know he'll never make. But it's what they do. I mean, there's no it's a two tiered system of justice. If you're on our side, you get prosecuted, and if you're on their side, you don't. Depending on who the DA is, although I think more and more people are getting set up with that kind of lack of prosecution. We just saw that in now Lameda County where they recalled the DA saw it in Los Angeles where they got rid of gascon. So maybe the tide is changing a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hennepin County, which is where Minneapolis is, has a long history of this. It's a blue blot in a otherwise fairly sane state. But like most of the violent George Floyd BLM rioters, not just the you know, maybe not just the loud, boisterous ones who may have shoved somebody or I don't know, thrown some No, like the violent ones, we're giving a free pass in Hennepin County. And you know, you've seen enough of the the repercussions of if you remove negative consequences for bad actions, you're just going to get more bad actions. And this guy or this system up there, man, they seem to be way to the left end.
Speaker 2: Well, they just sat around, if I remember correctly, while they were burning down towns and everybody just said, well, they have a right to express their frustration with what's going on. But in this this guy that got off. Did he actually worked for Walls? Didn't he at some point or in the government up there? He was? I saw his name connected with the almost to be Vice president Tim Walls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was fairly high up in the Minnesota DHS. I guess.
Speaker 2: But if you don't, if you don't punish behavior, then behavior continues. I mean, that's that's how we raise Katie. You know, if the bad behavior got punished. But if the same thing applies to courts, if that's why they went through the things in California where they made you could steal up to a nine hundred and fifty dollars and not be punished. So what did everybody do? They went out and sold nine hundred and fifty dollars over and over and over again. So if you don't prosecute or punish somebody that destroys Tesla's, they're going to keep destroying Teslas. I was. I'm curious to see whether Pam BONDI might figure out some way to make this a federal crime. I don't think it is, but it might be kind of ironic if all of a sudden the Feds came in and the rested him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I'm some young radical or not so young radical. This guy's hold enough to know better. And I see this guy did over twenty one thousand dollars in damages to Tesla's across many amp He's on videotape multiple times. He's it's utterly clear that it is him. It is a slam dunk prosecution, and he is just completely turned loose.
Speaker 5: I'm going to start defacing Tesla's.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, of course you are. And you know the question will be if you if you do it the right way and so you don't commit a federal crime, then you can continue to you know, damage Tesla's. And yeah, you're going to put you in a diversion program so you can make restitution. But I know from personal experience that most of the time restitution never gets paid. So he's going to get a pass on this whole thing.
Speaker 5: How do people get away with not paying the restitution?
Speaker 2: Nobody ever enforces it. I mean, we don't have debtors prisons, right, So if you're ordered to pay one hundred thousand dollars in restitution and you don't have a job, or you have a job that can you can't afford to pay that kind of money. You just don't pay it, you be violated on your probation maybe, but you can't be any consequences. You can't put somebody in jail because they can't afford to pay a debt.
Speaker 4: So we have posited many times. We're talking to Larry Goodman retired to Superior Court judge and elme to County, California. We've posited many times that people need to pay serious attention and bring serious energy to two things school board elections and local prosecutors county whatever prosecutors.
Speaker 2: Would you agree absolutely? I mean, that's how the other side gets the foot in the door is normally my experience has always been when I was actually on a school board for eight years. But that's where people get into politics, and that's where they get their foot in the door, and that's where they make grassroots decisions that affect people as they grow up. And then on the other side is the prosecutors. If you don't have law and order, you don't have a society. So you can indoctrinate people through school board words, and then you can can have a law and order or an effective society by how people are prosecuting.
Speaker 4: Final thing I wanted to ask you about Larry is the question of due process.
Speaker 5: It's it's a phrase.
Speaker 4: It's been thrown a lot around a lot in discussing various illegal immigrants, to getting heaved out of the country in one form or another, whether it's shipped down to that jail in El Salvador or Venezuelan gang members who flooded into the country under some Biden policies we discuss during our three I think it was anyway. Due process obviously is a sacred notion for citizens in the United States. It is the idea that the government can't behave arbitrarily, that they've got to go through the steps to prove that what they're doing is okay, because the founding fathers understood how power corrupts. But when you hear the phrase due process thrown around in terms of like the immigration topic, what do you wish people understood.
Speaker 2: Well, the due process depends upon what the procedure is the due process and a criminal trial is a lot different than a due process on an immigration hearing or presenting probable cause to an immigration judge whether somebody should be deported or not. So people you throw that around, but it's a job specific term. Due process means different things depending upon the procedure that's being applied. So they can set up and say, yeah, he didn't get due process, Well maybe he did. Maybe it all takes is a probable cause statement to an immigration judge to find that he's a member of a gang. That's the due process he got.
Speaker 4: So yeah, maybe the best way to illustrate it, illustrate it is to flip it on its head and ask what process is due here? I mean, like I would have different due process for would you like to go for coffee sometime?
Speaker 5: From will you marry me?
Speaker 4: There's different due process processing those two questions.
Speaker 2: There absolutely is, but it's the same because you have protections against the arbitrary actions of the government, and depending on what action the government's taking would determine how much due process you're entitled to. I guess is the best way of putting it. But right now it's just becoming the catch. It's the phrase of the week, or the phrase of the last two weeks. Do process due process?
Speaker 5: You know, right?
Speaker 4: And it kind of hurts my heart to hear it misused because it's such a fundamental principle in the country. But again, what processes do in this circumstance. It varies case by case, in situation by situation. Larry Goodman retired to Superior Court Judge, Alma County, California. Larry, it's always great to talk. Don't be a stranger. Let's do it again soon.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me, and I'm usually always available.
Speaker 4: I'm retired, all right, we will hit you up. Thanks a lot more to come. Want to get into a couple of other things that I was kind of hot to trot for, including the Maryland parental rights opt out policy case that the Supreme Court just heard oral arguments for. You can't believe a the perverse stuff being taught to the kids, and b how young they were in Maryland, and the school district was saying to parents, no, we're not going to tell you what you're teaching, and no you don't get to opt out even for preschoolers.
Speaker 6: Stay with us, Armstrong, Hetty, do you regret saying that President Biden had a mental acuity, He had a sharpness to him. He said that up until July of last year, I said what I believed to be true. And do you think he was as sharp as you?
Speaker 1: I said, I had not seen decline and I hadn't at that point.
Speaker 6: You did not see any decline from twenty twenty four Joe Biden to twenty twenty one Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: Oh, when I said that he does the thing is heap? Look, he was sharp, he was on his feet. I saw him live event, I had meetings with him.
Speaker 6: A couple of Tom Senator on his feet is not praise. He can speak in sentences is not praise fair enough?
Speaker 5: So that sound I like Elizabeth Warren who's interviewing him.
Speaker 4: Yes, Sam Fragoso, whose work I don't know, but Sam was frank and fair and also damn right.
Speaker 5: Well she lives.
Speaker 7: You're making a jackass yourself. Yeah, she and everybody else is in a tough position. You're either going to have to go full. I thought it was best for the country that Biden wins, So I misled people about how sharp he was because I thought the most important thing was defeating Trump. That actually is not I think a lot of Democrats would.
Speaker 5: Forgive you for that.
Speaker 7: The pretending you didn't notice is just nonsensical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which it really? Which is the more damaging tack to take? I think the first one's way better.
Speaker 7: Well, the truth is generally better almost in every situation in life, with very few exceptions. But I think also politically, I think he'd be better off. Look, I thought Trump was such a danger, and I thought he was okay enough at least for the time being.
Speaker 5: That I was okay with it.
Speaker 4: And if I was going to spin it, if I was a Democrat consultant, I'd say and say this, and then I believed he would quickly give way to the Vice President Kamala Harris, who almost won the last election.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's way better than claiming you didn't notice.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's just hilarious. Yeah, that's aw unless you want to get he's got to stutter, Michael, you make fun of people with stutters. He's got dementia. It's not a stutter. Coming up.
Speaker 4: Wild chumps indulged in not chumps. Can I have a second take, Michael? Do we have enough tape? Yeah, go ahead, take two. Wild chimps indulge in booze fueled feasts rare video shows, stay with us.
Speaker 7: Wild chimps indulge in booze fueled feasts is a.
Speaker 5: Tough sentence and intriguing.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes both, Yeah, Yeah, Drunk chimps on a rampage stay with US live team coverage, plus the Maryland opt out of perverse sex education case.
Speaker 5: Want to go big on that got start of breaking news.
Speaker 7: So Rubio, the Secretary of State, said the other day that he is pulling out of the Ukraine Russia talks because it doesn't seem like anything seriously is happening. Jd Vance with more today standing in front of a plane on a tarmac before he has going somewhere. Vice President jad Vance, who may have killed the Pope, threatened to abandon Russia and Ukraine peace negotiations ahead of the high stakes meeting in London where the two warring nations are to discuss Trump's final awe, which is what they're calling it. They're calling this the final offer, which is you know, that's straight out art of the deal. But we've issued a very we've issued a very explicit proposal to both the Russians and Ukrainians, and it's time for them to either say yes or for the US to walk away from this process. Events told reporters we've engaged in an extraordinary amount of diplomacy. Yeah, all completely one sided. Hey, Ukraine, you need to give away everything they've taken and continue to have them on your border with the threat that they can come back anytime, with no assurances from the rest of the world that we could stop them if they did. Russia, you get to keep everything you took, but we'd like.
Speaker 5: To stop public facing stance. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I've always thought that. I've always hoped there was something going on behind the scenes that was tougher on Russia is part of Ukraine.
Speaker 7: But if there is, certainly has been reported yet, and so what it looks to me like is going to happen. So we've been saying for a long time is Putin's got no reason to quit now. There was a report that came out the other day that Russia has maybe six months more that they can do this financially and in terms of manpower.
Speaker 5: Then they're just.
Speaker 7: Out of gas because they're burning through between the two sides. What did I read the other day thousand and a week deaths or something like that, just unimaginable numbers. I mean, you know, we were in a rack for fifteen years, we were in Afghanistan for twenty years. We didn't get the kind of numbers they get in a month in terms of casualties. But anyway, if that's true, then maybe Russia's not in the position we think of it. But it sure looks like Russia's got no reason to quit, and so they aren't going to And so our stance is going to be this was our last deal or walking away working out amongst yourselves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know, because uh Trump, it seemed to me was going easy on and flattering Putin to get him to the table and try to cut the best deal that he could. But Trump also has a long history of if you give me the middle finger after I've given you that treatment, brace yourself because I'm going to bring the hate. So do we just abandon Ukraine in a way that you've more or less described here, or does it go the other way and Trump decides to lower the the the boom on Putin?
Speaker 5: Well, I think we'll know if in weeks, if not days, which direction that is? Yeah, yeah, probably so.
Speaker 7: And will we continue to arm Ukraine the way we have in the past or more or not at all?
Speaker 4: Did I mention the wild chumps indulging in booze fueled feasts that's coming up next half hour. The actual interesting scientific aspect to this groundbreaking and shocking new video. And there actually is kind of a scientific insight to.
Speaker 5: Be had here.
Speaker 4: And also the the Maryland school opt out case, what was said the Supreme Court really interesting and so perverse.
Speaker 5: Don't be so specific?
Speaker 7: Do you take the fun out of booze fuel, chip feasts, Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 8: We will prevail in a fight over parental and religious rights. The ninth Supreme Court justices waded into the classroom at issue whether Montgomery County, Maryland should reinstate an opt out policy for parents who don't want their children, some as young as kindergarten learning from books containing LGBTQ and other controversial themes.
Speaker 9: There wasn't coercion here, that it was mere exposure. I understood from the record that all that was required is that the books be put on the bookshelf.
Speaker 10: It has a clear moral message, and it may be a good message.
Speaker 2: It's just a message that a lot of religious people disagree with.
Speaker 4: We're talking about a Supreme Court case. The oral arguments were heard yesterday Montgomery County, Maryland schools, saying parents do not have the right to know about the sexually explicit gender ideology lessons in public schools, and they do not have the right to opt their children out for any reason, including religious reasons. Now, of course, well here's here's the other side, with typical rhetoric eighty two.
Speaker 8: Michael, the opposing side also at the court today, we know.
Speaker 11: That a number of our kids are LGBTQ plus and the reality that we're talking about today is people want to erase us from books, they want to erase us from existing.
Speaker 4: Right, and all the kids will commit suicide. Yeah, we've heard it before. Here is what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 4: Imagine if you're four year old was given a book with a fine the word list like a puzzle, and your four year old is supposed to find the words intersex, flag, drag, queen, underwear, leather, xo xo, and more from their preschool teacher.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't want that. That's from my fourteen year old.
Speaker 4: This is kids as young as three, and again, parents have no right to hear about this and no right to opt out the kids. Erase the gay community, right, and they'll all commit suicide. Yes, and mock Moon versus Taylor. Religious parents are asking the highest court to roll rule the Montgomery School Systems policy unconstitutional for obvious reasons of faith and that sort of thing. They are not asking the school district to remove the books from the classroom, or even the removal of the ideological sexual material from.
Speaker 5: Instruction, which I would like them to do. They are merely asking for the right to be notified in the school.
Speaker 4: No, No, they shouldn't be teaching radical gender theory to kids.
Speaker 5: Good lord. And there's a long.
Speaker 4: Standing precedent, so many of us have dealt with this through the years of you can opt out of various aspects of sex education through the years.
Speaker 5: You've actually looked into that fairly recently, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so this is what Also, it's very hard to have a handle on what you're opting out of and what will still be in Yes, I mean, unless you're going to go sit in the class every day.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: The activists are absolutely shameless in lying or hiding, lying about or hiding what they're teaching.
Speaker 5: So Ashley maguire.
Speaker 4: Wrote this piece for the National Review, and obviously from context you can figure out that she lives here there in that county, she says, but my home county is.
Speaker 5: Bizarrely dug in.
Speaker 4: The booklist is part of a broader initiative in MCPS that Schooled is focused on pre K pre K through fifth grade titled building Community with LGBTQ plus affirming picture books for kids who are so young they can't really read about it. It's picture books, According to slides from the initiative, which were presented to teachers and obtained by one news outlet, because they had to dig and find this secret stuff because it was being hidden from the community. Teachers have been given a certain quote of these books to use in the classroom and can expect these lessons to be quote embedded throughout.
Speaker 5: And when why don't.
Speaker 7: More teachers come forward and say, look at this crap that they're making me teach.
Speaker 4: Because they see that the administration, their fellow teachers are arrayed against them, they go along to get along and be.
Speaker 5: Risking your career, which is easier said than done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's see quote. As with all curriculum resources, there is an expectation that teachers utilize these inclusive texts and lessons with all students. Parents were told when parents sued one group of activists supporting the initiative actually docks the names of the families on Twitter. They wrote, if these are your children's classmates. You have a duty to shun them.
Speaker 5: So again, so you understand what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: The curriculum resources include books such as Pride Puppy. Oh, literally luring the kids into the van of this ideology with a puppy Wow Cromer.
Speaker 5: Right, you're right. Oh my god, I will call you wow. Oh. It's worse than that.
Speaker 4: The curriculum resources include books such as Pride Puppy, which feature illustrated pictures of men in drag furries and words such as queer and intersectional, and Born Ready, a story about a five year old girl named Penelope who decides that she really is a he and the response to parents who opt to, who want to opt their children out go to a private school and this author right, well, that's what That's what I did with my kids. But not everyone can afford a five figure opt out, even if there is an alternative nearby. The result is a kind of socioeconomic religious discrimination, religious freedom for rich people's.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Bill Barr is one of the more even handed commentators I think around. In this autobiography called quote a constitutional double standard. In America's educational system, public school students are subjected to militant secular progressivism, which is quote given the protections of the free exercise clause, but is quote not subject to the prohibitions of the establishment clause. The problem today is not that religion is being forced on others. The problem is that secular values are being forced on people of faith. Progressives claim to not like the law being used to force certain moral views on them, but now they want to use the law to force their moral views on others. And it's unequestionably it's quasi religious. Yeah, I mean, and that's a good way to argue it as a lawyer. But it's not because of.
Speaker 7: My faith that I don't want using the book Pride Puppy to teach my kid.
Speaker 4: Oh my God about furries my five year old. Good lord. Now, this is a longish clip, but I geek out on this stuff, and I hope you will to, at least to some extent.
Speaker 5: This is Justice Gorsha. Gorsa's talking to the.
Speaker 4: School board attorney Alan Schoenfeld Safety five.
Speaker 12: Michael, I just want to make sure I understand a few fact things and then a law question. What age do you in Montgomery County teach students normally about human sexuality?
Speaker 10: I think that it begins in either fourth or fifth grade.
Speaker 12: The human sexuality class.
Speaker 10: That family life in human sexuality curriculum. I'm not entirely sure.
Speaker 12: It starts in fourth or fifth grade. I think is there anything you can point us to in the record on that.
Speaker 10: I don't think so?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 12: And second, these books are being used in English class.
Speaker 10: The division between English class and other things in a second grade classroom doesn't really exist. You're sort of in a room with a teacher.
Speaker 12: And sometimes I appreciate that I went to second grade too, but it's it's part of the English curriculum that these books are being used in.
Speaker 5: That's I thought that was.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm not I'm not fighting the premise. I'm just saying, it's not the math class.
Speaker 12: It's it's not the human sexuality class.
Speaker 5: It's it is certainly not.
Speaker 10: The human sexuality class. I'm just sort of fighting the premise that there's a neat discisin.
Speaker 12: And they're being used in English language instruction at age three, some of them.
Speaker 10: So Pride Puppy was the book that was used for the pre kindergarten curriculum that's no longer in the curriculum.
Speaker 12: That's the one where they are supposed to look for the leather and things and bondage things like that.
Speaker 10: It's not bond sex a woman and a leather.
Speaker 12: Sex worker, right, No, no, it's not correct.
Speaker 2: No, gosh, I read it.
Speaker 12: In Great Dragon.
Speaker 10: The leather that they're pointing to is a woman in a leather jacket and one of the words is drag.
Speaker 5: Queen and and they're supposed to look for those.
Speaker 10: It is an option at the end of the book.
Speaker 12: Correct, Yeah, okay, And you've included these in the English language curriculum rather than the human sexuality curriculum to influence students.
Speaker 2: Is that fair?
Speaker 5: That's what the district court found.
Speaker 10: I think to the extent the district court found that it was to influence. It was to influence them towards civility then natural consequence of being exposed whatever, but to influence them in the manner that I just mentioned, Yes.
Speaker 12: And responding to parents who were concerned. You agree that there was some intemperate language used.
Speaker 10: I don't know that those were responding to parents who were concerned. This was after the fact for most of these comments, and this was in a very public setting which obviously got heated, and some intemperate convents were used.
Speaker 4: Certainly, you know what, they're perverts, they're sikos.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: What this reminds me of is I never like the people making all the arguments about marijuana where it's cancer victims need to be able to smoke marijuana because they don't have any hunger because of gamotherapy or anything like that. And I thought, all along, you just want people to be able to get high legally, which turns out it was the case for like ninety nine percent of the people were marching for this stuff. And I've never really liked sex education in school because I've always just saw it, what is this here? And I think that for most of the people that were trying to jam it into school, it was a camel's nose under the tent.
Speaker 5: You start with like the really easy.
Speaker 7: To defend, you know how bait where babies come from, and you get this crap in there.
Speaker 4: I've got to I think the human biology is perfectly defensible, perfectly defensive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it went beyond that very quickly.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, beyond the biological part, it's utterly indefensible. I don't find difficult to draw a bright line. Well, how about like gay sex and how about like furries and and and leather or dry clean. Yeah, the importance of needing to know how to please your partner, how specifically whatever partner of whatever sex. Yeah, no, no, I don't find it difficult to draw that line at all. Call me, I'll spend an hour on it and we'll have our answer. The idea that it's it's too hard to draw that line is ridiculous.
Speaker 7: The whole the whole premise of Matt and Bailey, which we won't go through the whole thing again, is so worth knowing because it makes sense, because it is it's exactly the Oh you're saying cancer victims shouldn't be able to get marijuana, and you're and your argument, oh you don't want biological side, but that's your that's what you retreat to, right whenever you're trying to push in the other stuff.
Speaker 4: Right Exactly, you start with a very reasonable premise that most people agree with.
Speaker 5: And then you float a crazy, out there radical.
Speaker 4: Premise and then somebody says, WHOA, I ambject to that, and you say, you object to the very reasonable premise I started with. It's a very very common technique, and the reason it's ancient is it works, Yeah, doesn't effing work around here?
Speaker 7: God, that is something I'd love to hear all of that Supreme Court argument. I heard some different Gorset stuff on the news yesterday that I thought was good. Also, I mean the idea that drag Queen is in a word search, give me preschooler for any age? Why would that be at any age in your school?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: See that? Yeah, I agree one hundred percent. But that shows the depth of their depravity.
Speaker 4: It's a concept that a little kid like that can't even comprehend and has never come in contact with. They are introducing the very concept of this. As the guy admitted, you had to influence. Good Lord, our government schools are so diseased.
Speaker 7: So I didn't ask for this clip because I've been sick. We'll have to dig it up for tomorrow. Did you hear the thing where Martha McCollum was interviewed doing the leader of the biggest teachers union in America about the point of education.
Speaker 5: We actually have a clip.
Speaker 4: Maybe we have that clip that. Maybe we have that clip. Go ahead, hit eighty nine. We'll see if it's what Jack's describing.
Speaker 1: Teachers times and classrooms are about how we engage kids to actually be their full selves.
Speaker 5: How we make sure that kids actually.
Speaker 10: I mean, let's concern with them being their full self than I am with them being.
Speaker 3: Able to read and write and do math. And that is the biggest problem that we faced in our school today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the same time destination.
Speaker 7: The conversation was about what the point of public school is, and the leader of the biggest teachers union in America was saying, ninety percent of our classroom time is engaging in how the children can evaluate their full self, either the full cells or whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as opposed to.
Speaker 4: Reading, writing, math in what are you talking about? Guys, let's tick up that whole interview. Let's have it for tomorrow. I want to go through that bit by.
Speaker 7: Bet who sends their kid to school in first grade, thinking, boy, I share hope they learned to be their full selves today?
Speaker 4: How many people were the gauge applied for college and said, boy, I did real well on the Act Becoming my full Self test, And so I'll bet I'll get into Yale.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about?
Speaker 7: We'll finish strong next or.
Speaker 5: The One More Thing podcast.
Speaker 7: I want to talk about some things that were different flying Southwest over my little vacation than I'd ever seen before.
Speaker 5: So stay doing for that excellent looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: Boy, I really enjoyed that listening to the oral arguments corsicch and that attorney. I'm going to dig up the rest of that and geek out on it today. More importantly, perhaps, Jack, is that wild chimps have been seen in the wild indulging in.
Speaker 5: Booze fueled feasts.
Speaker 4: According to a rare video, for the first time, wild chimps have been cordate indulging in alcohol together.
Speaker 5: Interestingly enough, they were drinking rose.
Speaker 7: So do they stand outside of a convenience store and wait till like a shifty adult is going in and say, hey, we'll give you twenty bucks if you buys a sad.
Speaker 5: Because chimps are under eight.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Actually, they were eating and drinking from a volleyball sized fermented breadfruit.
Speaker 5: And what's interesting is that they seem to be.
Speaker 4: Sharing it and bonding together, in effect, getting together for a drink of the intoxicating fermented bread fruit. And scientists who observed this say, look, the possibility is that these primates, which are our closest relatives in the animal kingdom, could also use booze as a social bonding tool, and they believe the sharing of boozy food is likely widespread among chimps.
Speaker 5: Well they're ninety nine percent are genetics more than that.
Speaker 4: So the pure reviewed bindings offer a clue to another mystery.
Speaker 5: The origins of alcohol fueled feasting and humans could be goes back.
Speaker 4: Millions of years down Strong, It's.
Speaker 5: Battle, Strong, get Ready, Katie.
Speaker 10: Green and.
Speaker 5: Strong Monkey Happy Hours.
Speaker 4: Researchers have long suspected that human's ability to metabolize alcohol could serve an evolutionary purpose, a theory known as the drunken monkey hypothesis, which might be my favorite hypothesis.
Speaker 7: You don't have to stop throwing your feces here, but you can't.
Speaker 5: You have to throw it at home or something like them something something.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew, beginning with our technical director Michael hit.
Speaker 5: It Jack, do whatever it takes to get yourself well, use whatever drug you need.
Speaker 6: If you have to drive to Tijuana and get something illegal, go for it, right.
Speaker 4: That's right, takes her hih Katie in our Steam Muswoman final.
Speaker 5: Thought, I think you should just go get drunk with some monkeys. You'll feel a lot better.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Maybe, how drunk did you get last night? Monkey?
Speaker 2: Drunk?
Speaker 5: Monkey drunk? It's for you Jack.
Speaker 7: A final thought for us, I wish it was some easy test for the whole. This is gonna require an antibiotic, so you don't have to be like miserable for.
Speaker 5: Like a week and a half.
Speaker 7: Before they can give you the drug that will get you over at like forty eight hours.
Speaker 4: All right, can you test me for a micro My final thought enjoyed having a couple of extra days off, various kids on spring break and that sort of thing. I'm very good at, not working, very very good at it.
Speaker 7: Armstrong and Giddy wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 4: So many people, thanks so little time, Thank you for being here, good Armstrong and giddy dot com we have the story about the drunken champs, for instance under hotlinks cool we.
Speaker 5: Will see you tomorrow. God bless America. I'm strong and gatty. How many more hours am I doing this huge go away here? That's ludicrous? Right, I'm so.
Speaker 6: Good, says I do think it risks escalating tensions? Well, don't smoke crack.
Speaker 5: Do you understand?
Speaker 2: Can I understand the word you're sharing.
Speaker 5: Okay, so let's go with a fine man. I can jam some ambrosia and sing to it in my car. Just jam the ambrosia. Are you sure of that?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 5: That high note? I still have this stuff, baby, Thank you Warmstorm.
Speaker 2: I'm getting it.