Speaker 1: Hello, gorgeous. It's Lala Kent. Welcome to untraditionally, Laala, Hello, gorgeous, Welcome to untraditionally, Lala. If you guys recall, I did an episode I want to say last week about the drama with Taylor Frankie Paul. And you know, I like to think that I'm a compassionate person. I like to think that I've lived some life so I can speak from experience. But I also like to think that I'm not soft. And with my upbringing, you know, my mom babied us, but she was always the person who said, you may have gone through a lot of stuff, but you better rise to the occasion. You cannot fault anybody or anything because you are responsible for your emotions, you are responsible for your actions. And so I lead with that, and I lead with that in the conversation about Taylor Frankie Paul and her hurling furniture, I was shocked to my very core when I looked in the comments section. You guys were going in on me for basically saying, this woman needs the help. And I didn't condone her throwing steel fucking barstools in the direction of another person while her child was present. I was defending this tiny, little five year old, which I have. I have a five year old, like I can literally think of a five year old and go, oh, I have that. So I know exactly like the type of little human and little personality that a five year old is. Okay, so I'm defending this five year old, which should be a no brainer. I truly could not believe what I was reading. Y'all want to talk about the trauma and then bring me into it. That was the greatest part was I don't want to say. I was in a spiral over the comments. Shocked over the fucking comments. These are some of them. These are some of them. Okay, Lala, you have no position to talk? Why, bitch? Why do I have no position to talk? Because I was a drunk and have been sober for seven and a half years and not once hurled furniture, but have definitely gotten physical in my past when I was intoxicated, which led me to get sober. I think I'm the perfect candidate to fucking talk, bitch. That's right, I'm fucking heated. Wow. I used to love you, but you got this all wrong, and you're the least wholesome person in the world, even as a mother. This is my favorite.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I used to love you. You you never loved me because you don't know me. You watch me on television. I appreciate you thinking you know what love is. But the fact that you could love me watch a thirty second clip and not love me, that's not love. Also, I never claimed to be wholesome. I'm on a podcast talking about blow jobs and eating ass like duh, no shit, I'm not wholesome. Also, Wow, I used to love you. But you've got this all wrong. You guys, some of you saying you don't know the facts. You don't know the whole story. Neither do you. You weren't in the room, you weren't taking the police report. Y'all are watching and reading the news just like I am. How much more informed could you be than me? We're all reading the same shit. So drunk, La La was an angel, no bitch, That's why I'm sober seven and a half years. So I am sober seven and a half years. That's why I'm sober for seven and a half years. I don't know how much more clear I could make this. I was not proud of my actions when I drank so I got sober. I'm gonna lose all my listeners after this, but truly I was angry. I'm like, these are the comments, These are the comments Laala on her high horse, acting like she's never acted that way. Yes, that's why I'm seven and a half years sober. Fuck Anyway, I called to the haters. I was like, you know what you guys want to talk about it, Let's talk about it. And again we posted the haters i Instagram story to call all of you to the forefront. And it was like crickets again. Some of you are very click happy, but then when it comes to facing off with me, you run scared. We even reached out to some of the haters like, hey, we saw your comment, would love to have you on the episode Crickets. But then a wonderful hater came through. All right, I'm so excited to have you. Hi, Meredith, I'm Lala. I'm so did you write in or did we reach out to you?
Speaker 2: Did?
Speaker 1: I did write in?
Speaker 2: I wrote in as a former hater, current Lala lover.
Speaker 1: Okay, well let's talk about the hate because it's the Hater Podcast. What made you not dig me?
Speaker 2: Honestly, when you first came on in season four, I thought you were kind of airheaded and vapid and just like this holier than that personality. That's how they portray trade you on the show, not saying that's how you were, but that's how it kind of came off that you were just angsty, my shit don't stink kind of.
Speaker 1: Kind of I don't even watch season four, so I can't watch it so much since then, so I'm so embarrassed. I'm like, who is this person? Anyway? Keep going.
Speaker 2: And while and it's just kind of like hit me the wrong way of like, oh, I don't like this girl.
Speaker 1: There's something, there's something off about this.
Speaker 2: And then just like as you progressed, you kind of were very combative and like anytime you had issues with people, it was just like punch it, base on, like take it.
Speaker 1: And I know you were super young and.
Speaker 2: Naive and just went through this new experience, but right out the gate, I was like, well, I don't like La La. And then I used to be a Katie fan, and when you had issues with Katie, I was like, pump the.
Speaker 1: Brakes, right, I love this.
Speaker 2: But then the first time that I was like fan Laala was when Jax was trying to pull bullshit with you and trying to lie about things that were being said with and try and tell Brittany that, oh no, it was all you, that you were the bad person, not him, And I was like, wait a minute, no, that's not.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's bullshit. Balas got the papers to prove that, and you did.
Speaker 2: And eventually Brittany saw the season and was like, oh, you were telling the truth.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? I always wonder because I feel like he had been doing What season was that was that four? I think that was four? It was like right out the gate. Yeah, when he was like saying he didn't have a girlfriend, and yes.
Speaker 2: Ok, that was like right when she was coming around and he was between him trying to hang out with you and hanging out with her.
Speaker 1: And by the way, people still think to this day that he and I hooked up. I mean, open book. I would totally be open and honest if we had hooked up. We never did so much as hold hands or kiss each other ever he wished. But it was so wild that he had been doing it for so long and didn't ever think like this is going to come out in a few months and she's going to see the behavior. I don't understand people like that.
Speaker 2: He wasn't in the mindset of, oh, this is what's going to be shown. He's just playing on his lies. Like what he does is hold down the lies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like I think people like him think I'll deal with this later. Yes, Oh, I'll just handle it like put it, sweep it.
Speaker 2: On in the moment and put it to the back burner and when it comes back up again, we'll roll something else.
Speaker 1: Right, and we'll go down the line of you know, I'm not perfect. I got a lot of work to do. And then Andy calling him out saying, I feel like every season you're talking about how you're a work in progress. That was like his go too, oh yeah, oh yeah, yep, you know. I I know that there are there are people like Jacks or who have issues with addiction, but there are there are things that even if you get sober, they don't change, Like you still are who you are, then side is still there. Yeah, And I think do you watch the Valley at all? Yes? I think this is the first season. Because I came on to vander Pump Rules season four, I was not a confident person. I think when people watched me. I seemed very much like you said, vapid and holier than now. But I think it was a defense mechanism.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it was a combination of drinking and also being very guarded because I knew if this group saw who I really was and how I felt about myself, they would eat me alive.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, because they were established and you were the new one coming in very much.
Speaker 1: So I just guard myself. Yeah. I was not a confident person, and I think that's why I started drinking as well, because that kind of numbed that feeling, and then I could go out into the world and feel uninhibited and then you know, cut to I get sober, I get engaged, I have a baby, and then that ends as quickly as it started, right, And so I was kind of reeling from that and trying to figure out my own identity. I had never gone out and dated sober.
Speaker 2: Which is the season that I loved you on. That was when I started being team Lalla, because right when, right before everything before you had Ocean and for all of the craziness with He who shall not be named, I became a mom. So it changed my whole perspective in life, and I began to look at you, like, Okay, she's going through stuff, she's struggling, she's dealing with sobriety, she's dealing with being pregnant, going through all of this garbage with your ax, and then coming out of that was like, you're kind of like a rebirth for you of like everything dropped on you and then your dad passing and all the stuff that was just like boom boom boom for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know, every single person on the planet has gone through things that are life changing, and those those moments who shift, they shift who you are, right And I try to remember that when I'm dealing with people and like, there's there's a reason why we're having a differing opinion or our perspectives are different because we've experienced things in life that have shaped us and we have different triggers. But I feel like this season on the Valley, because after vander Pump was over, I really did have to take a hard look at myself and go from Okay, I was living off of adrenaline, going through a custody battle, I'm sober and a single mom. Now, this is not how I wanted my life to go, and then I went too far the other way where I was like, I can't be so guarded that I don't let anyone in, and then I was almost too soft. It was very confusing. And I feel like this season on the Valley, after you know, two and a half years of just sitting with myself and being a mom and really laying roots of my own where I'm I'm really excited to just see it felt different because I had been on vander Pump for quite some time and it was my It became my safe space, right and it was comfortable. Now I'm in a new group and I don't really know my place, but for the first time, we'll see how it plays out. Right, But from my perspective, from what I feel like exactly, I feel like I sat back and was like, I'm going to hear people out before I react, and when they say something that maybe I don't like, I'm either going to repeat it to make sure I got this correct before I react. And that felt really good. I was like, that's not like me. I'm a reactor, which I.
Speaker 2: Think, oh yeah, absolutely, Which I think is where a lot of people didn't like you is because you had valid points.
Speaker 1: It was just how you were saying it. Oh my god, girl, I just had this conversation with my mother this morning and yesterday She's like, it's not about what you're saying, it's your delivery and your tone. Yep. Looking back on it, yep, that is a conversation, Meredith, I have with my mother on a daily basis. It's not what you're saying, it's your delivery and your tone. And I'm like, fuck, I really got to work on that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's where sitting back and just taking a moment can give you that perspective.
Speaker 1: We'll see well when you watch The Valley, you know, episode one airs tomorrow, which it's laying the groundwork. But I'm really excited to wait hear your thoughts on it. Absolutely, I can't wait. I loved this, Thank you so much. And I loved your beef by the way, it was so nice to hear something different than I usually hear.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, My beef was early on, and as I've seen you change through all the seasons, especially after season eight and then into season nine, it was like, all right, team Ala. She's been going through a whole bunch and this explains.
Speaker 1: Why I love this and How old is your baby now?
Speaker 2: He is six six Yeah, he turned seven in September.
Speaker 1: Why is he a Rgo baby? He is, yes, yeah, it was his birthday September fourth. He's born on the same day as Beyonce. Yep, he's a Burgo. I love this well. I'm happy that we could venture in a motherhood around the same time. Thank you for not being afraid to like face off with me. I hope you have the best day. I was more surprised to be reached out to. I love it well. Welcome. I hope you're still a fan after this and we'll talk soon.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you.
Speaker 1: You're welcome by babe. Hi gorgeous. By this lighting is fucking fantastic. Where are you?
Speaker 3: I'm in my car.
Speaker 1: Oh, there we go? You got that? You got that good natural light going? Yeah. Yeah, welcome.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 1: Are you Are you nervous?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't be nervous. It's so funny that every time someone comes on here, they're like, I'm so nervous. I'm like, you have nothing to be nervous about. So did we reach out to you or did you reach out to us? I reach out to you wow, a bitch with some ovaries. I love it. Okay, what's your beef with me?
Speaker 3: It was early La La on vander pump Roles watching you.
Speaker 1: Are we talking like season four? Like first came on season.
Speaker 4: Four maybe five, I think is when this happened. I believe just the the and I love it now, like i've as things have gone on, I've learned it's very endearing about you. Just that sharp tongue was a little off putting to me in the beginning, and I just couldn't relate.
Speaker 3: When you talked about I can see everyone here hasn't been working on their summer bodies.
Speaker 1: It was like so fucking rude, and I was so slammed.
Speaker 4: And I know obviously, I yeah, I followed your journey, so I've learned kind of where you were at in that time, in this headspace you were probably in. I mean, now, I don't think everyone was the nicest to you either, but just the reaction it was hard for me to relate to and so I had a hard time and things took a turn in season seven for me with you.
Speaker 1: Season seven, okay, so I think that I believe that that was the season I lost my dad. I think, yeah, okay, and you started to like me that seasons season.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was yes, No, I know, I know you still had it there.
Speaker 4: But the thing was is I had lost my grandmother and then eight months later lost my grandfather, and so I felt like I could understand you and where you were coming from.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was crazy. I was like, I get it. I get what she's going through the process.
Speaker 4: And obviously it's nothing like losing a parent, but like I was like, I understand how she's reacting this way. I get it because it's it's a wild thing, the grieving process.
Speaker 1: It is wild, and I don't think I don't think it matters whether it's a grandparent, you're a friend. Like we all have such personal relationships with certain people, right, and we're all affected differently by the grieving process. I noticed that during that time, which I shouldn't have I shouldn't have gone back. I had lost my dad three weeks before cameras picked up, you know, yeah, and it was just, I mean, earth shattering, and I was in the stage of just being so fucking mad and just angry at life. And that was an intense season. And I mean, I think my hair matched how I was feeling like I was jet black. I was trying not to drink because I didn't want to be chaotic. Turns out I was chaotic even without drinking. And then there were times where I'm like, I'm just gonna like slip some champagne, maybe a whole bottle or two, and it was intense. Yeah, So I'm I'm actually shocked that that was the turning point for you, because actually I think that's the season where I actually lost a few people too.
Speaker 4: Well, I know, and I feel like I'm actually on the side of things where and I honestly completely was behind you in your last season of Vanderpump And I hear that that was you talk about.
Speaker 1: That I like you, I like you.
Speaker 3: I was like, I was like, I love this, Yeah I don't.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm all for asking all the things and saying all the things that to me, I was like, I want to know, I want to hear these are the things I want to see you.
Speaker 1: I dig you, And it's not just because of what you're saying to me. It's just it's just such a different perspective. Like I usually get people on here and they say the same fucking things like you lost me at this point in time, and I'm like, okay, yes, the same as everyone else. This is like refreshing. I dig this.
Speaker 4: And I think as a as a viewer, as a someone like I love Brava watch all the shows. I have tried to really figure out the audience because sometimes I just don't fall in line with what everyone thinks. And I just I at that point I could relate to you in season seven and your grieving process. I was like, I know how she's feeling because I've gone through that, and yeah, there are times where you do things and you're just like you don't even know, You're just trying to go through life and just survive. Everything is exactly that is the word survive. And it really, it really was connected. It was like I could connect with your story at that time, and so it made me turn from your early seasons where I was like, I don't know, I just those things, the things she's saying, I just can't connect.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine why. I mean, I look, I can't even go back and watch even people who you know, maybe didn't like me at the time, and then you know, over time things become like iconic moments like Bambi eyed Bitch in the moment I was dragged to filth and then it became like an iconic line. But I can't even go back and watch because I don't even recognize that human. And every time I do an interview where someone asks me your number one regret, it is when I did the Summer Bodies thing, because I'm like, that is just so foul And I was not raised that way. But I'm telling you, when I get backed into a corner and there's alcohol in my system, I am not a nice person, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I definitely like getting to know, Like I've always listened to the podcast, so like hearing you speak and talk about your experiences and stuff, I know that that's not who what you believe in, like you're that's not the person that you are. But it came off and yeah, a lot of other things coming into a little boiling point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I remember telling my mom that I said that, and she she was like very disappointed, and I said, you know, they're not nice to me, and she was like, you can't. Again, I was raised in this way. If you can't control anybody else, you can only control yourself. So when someone says something to you or does something to you and you feed into it and react, it is now your issue. This is now your fault because you can't allow people to get you to that place like you're a grown woman.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So even though I may have been treated in a certain way, I could have I could have handled things a lot differently, but I didn't. And that's why you know, they had had me back on is I was a loose cannon.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say it made for entertaining.
Speaker 4: I know some things that are entertaining, you know, kind of, but you know, in the end, vander Pump lived a long life.
Speaker 1: You know what. It was so iconic. Do you watch The Valley? I do.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited. I can barely wait for it air. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited too. I've seen by the time this airs, you will have seen the first episode two. The first episode is is really cute and fun, and they laid the groundwork of what the season will be. We did press the other day and they've seen through season or through episode three, and they were like, it's really good. So I'm so excited for you guys to watch it.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited to see you and Tom back on the screen.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear what you guys think. I'm gonna have to have you back on to give all that thoughts.
Speaker 4: I know, and I love Tom. I actually got to meet him at Pride one year.
Speaker 1: And sir great, He's such a wonderful human. He's just like a bright light. So I think you guys will really enjoy it. I'm so thrilled that you came on, Erica. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're welcome. Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Of course, anytime we'll chat soon.
Speaker 4: Okay, bye, babe.
Speaker 1: All right, that was so much fun. I actually every time, every time, the two times that we've done the Hater episodes, it's kind of the same type of thing that's brought to me, and I'm like, we got to move on from this. Like I'm over it. I'm bored. I've had enough. Not that I'm bored with you guys, but like, I know, the drill I know when I lost you, the fact that we had people on where they talked about how they were not a fan from the jump season four and just talking about my drinking and my I still have a foul mouth, I'm like a fucking sailor. But just the way that I would talk to people and approach people, it was just like so off putting, and like I'm aware of that. I don't look back at those moments and go, actually, there are times where I'm like, she was fucking cool because she didn't care about anything, But that was the booze. You know, I didn't care because I was drunk. My point being is these haters that we had on when I lost them was when I was, you know, pretty deep in my alcoholism and just not a kind person and unhinged and unmanageable, and there was no telling when that turning point would hit where I would be in a rage cut to when these haters say that they started digging me. It was the point in time where I had to look within and get sober. And I know I've stated this a million times. I'm seven and a half years sober, and it's something that I'm very proud of. And for anybody in the comments section, especially when I posted that Taylor, Frankie, Paul clip of Eesa and I talking about our thoughts, for anyone to sit back and try to discredit the work that I have put in to my own life, my own self had to sit back and not place blame on anybody and then walk into a room and identify as an alcoholic. That is a humbling experience that not many people experience. And that's why when you walk into those rooms, those are your people, because we all see each other. You're defeated, you're disgusted in yourself, you're ashamed. So for anybody to sit here and say, like your past, what was good, It's like, I'm aware, which is why I am where I am right now. We can talk. Take Taylor, Frankie Paul out of it. Put anybody in this situation. I understand that there are traumas that happen that lead you down a path. I will never condone. I don't give one fuck about anything that you've been through, your trauma. If you're under the influence when there is a child involved, you have lost me. And for those of you who want to defend her behavior, I want you to take her kid out of the equation and replace that child with your own kid. And let's say that she was huck in a chair with your child present, what would your reaction be? Then it's not okay. If you are so traumatized by what you have been through that you are capable of hucking furniture with your child there. You need to be in a fucking padded room by yourself, solo. And I can't believe I have to like sit here and defend this child because you guys want to defend this grown woman. And I understand the like everyone that I've seen in the top comments, it's like, you don't know what it's like with the domestic violence situation. I don't not to that level. I mean, I've never experienced what you guys are saying, that level of just toxicity where people are going toes, and granted I've gone toes, I have been a human that I'm not proud of the moment a child's brought into the mix. You better pull your shit together, check yourself in, find a therapist to get sober if you need to. You no longer get to be the victim of your circumstances because the moment that you feed into the victim mentality, you have now traumatized your child. And guess what, the cycle continues. Break the fucking cycle. We've all been through. Shit. I love you, guys, Thank you so much to my haters who have written in called in faced off, I absolutely adore the set of ovaries that you guys possess. I'm gonna catch you guys on Wednesday for a regular old episode. Remember Thursday nights at nine pm An Unlikely Affair with Yours Truly and Amber Childers drops and again on Monday for a bonus episode, Love y'all, Bye,