Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club, DJ NV, Jesse Larry and Charlamane the Guy. We got a special guest in the building who's starting is all right, a legend, ladies.
Speaker 3: And gentlemen, comedian.
Speaker 1: What's up? Brother? Thank you man, paying homage to all of y'all. God is great.
Speaker 4: I'm really I realized why you're such a good comedian. You are a very observing person. As soon as you came in the room, you observed the whole surrounding.
Speaker 1: You saw that. I teach my crew team that I scan wherever I go, and and maybe that was because I you know, I grew up fighting all my life. I scan. I mean my first day of school, I'm thumping, and that I'm you know, I'm out the poke being projects out of Florida. So oh man, I'm straight out yeah. And you was there and it was really right there. Yeah, that's the one here to quit her right there. Damn Yeah. I mean, I ain't a big dude, but you just can't whoop my ass and not see me the next day and say, hey, man, you know about yesterday. Oh no, I lost. I got to get either. That's right. No, I'm not that bad. I'm not that bad.
Speaker 4: But you grew up I mean, porty Be Project is notorious, and I mean that the era you grew up in was really really.
Speaker 1: I was matter of fact, I was in between systems and and always crossed on my whole family on thirty fifth, ninety fifth Avenue and all that. Yeah, well yeah, yeah, wow, you see somethings.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I could have. I could have had a lot of hatred in my life, but I don't. I'm not an evil person. I'm not the only person I love. I love life rather skin or not. You know, Puerto Rican and Dominican.
Speaker 4: Day you looked at everybody and got it right. He Puerto Rican, he Dominican.
Speaker 3: I am not Dominican.
Speaker 1: I am black. I'm black. Are you? Were you black now? Because of the election? Are you black? Are you glad? Come on now, come on, I'm always black. Come on in. Yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: See a very justice I here. She had a flight, so that's the reason why she's not here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I guess if I take off my jacket, okay, because i'm you know, for a while, agree, let me take it off sexy. Wait, wait, what if everybody here was gay. You matter if I take take it off and I don't go all the way. You just stare at you for a minute. Look at me, shy. We're happy pride, but thank you right into that. You don't know straight man, happy pride man, you know what? We had never met. But I'm gonna tell you something. Y'all, y'all are projecting good energy for me. You're trying to get the handcuffs off. Man. You know I did you get chased once? You want to re enact me. You took off to Let me tell you something. Let me tell you something went on something This one I don't think my mother, this nigga got and I'm sorry, I mean the same word, but I'm like this, this this observation. You stan the streets, You missed every car, You missed every car, and you dipped and down, you know, and and and see a lot of people. And it reminded me of me. When I did And a lot of people don't know this. When I did the I did the Easy video, a lot of people thought the Compty City, jeez wow, And that's what this record that dre exactly. But everybody thought that was a J Johnson because he did the first one with with Drake. No, that was me that did that, because you you would have been able to tell different. Just back the speed that I was running. They told me to slow remember seeing when it was run through the park and the dog was chasing me, They told me to low down. I said, dude, I'm an athlete. I ran track. Y'all got your pants flowed. And you play baseball and I played baseball and this one behind me played baseball, and that's that's that's my son. But he yeah, yeah, he played a little ball too. What that means you can't do certain things like we were talking about earlier, when you go to mindors, you just can't get caught in the same week.
Speaker 4: You can't not twice. Yeah, he filed the drugs up.
Speaker 1: Damn. All I know is I said, you are not moving back home. Damn, That's all I said.
Speaker 3: Did he listen? Did he move back home?
Speaker 1: Hell? Through all my nose? Because you were gifted you, I mean you you know you you had it. You just didn't want it bad enough. When you want something bad enough, you do what's necessary to get there. No matter what. You know, you wanted this right, so you worked hard to get this and you wouldn't gonna let nobody take it away from you. Correct, you know, and just to fact, the way you ran that day, I knew that you would be back because I know all them got tired, all them said, I got the hell on, that's right, do it again. But you know, I want, I really wanted to meet you after that day because for the simple facts like twelve years ago, it don't matter. I want to I want to Number one, some people you just want to meet and some people we all have, we observed and we all have an opinion on He's one of those ones. Sometimes I carried an opinion on you, but I wanted to meet you.
Speaker 3: What was your opinion?
Speaker 1: My opinion was sometime was I know you're trying to get to the truth. You're trying to get to the truth. But I'm like, bruh, there's a way to get that. Yeah, but that's just me because that's about you know. I'm a scorpio, so I'm pretty in your face. But at the same time, you've never waivered, and I'm gonna have to give you that. You never wait. But no matter if you right or you're wrong, and uh and DJ and you you you say what you got to say sometimes too. Now. Yeah, but y'all, y'all pretty smart cats.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all pretty because I say, how y'all go try to do the underbelly sometime with the mother cuts.
Speaker 4: The person off of God You've been watching fifteen years though, so it depends when you.
Speaker 1: Call it again.
Speaker 2: Watch you running the Oh you're running pretty fast now, but I will have to see it again pretty fast.
Speaker 1: I had to hold my hat. I seen you only you know, you know, just like a famous uh person in the hood said they were running the four to two forty. I say, if you don't stop, if you don't stop, if you don't stop, and I love both him. Kevin Uh, myself and Kat had a race for real real talk, in real life, real life. I think I think we were in Cleveland getting ready to do a show.
Speaker 3: You how did this?
Speaker 1: Rare saying who's talking? We had a race? Okay, I'm the oldest. Whoa what year was this? It don't matter. It don't matter. In Jesus's log books, it don't matter. And I'm just letting you know they didn't so you ain't see the four two forty is what you're telling us I did say he couldn't run. Okay, okay, you know anybody getting chased can run.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: But a four two forty Come on, man, But I love and I want to clear something. I'm'm glad I brought his name up. And then can I get to this you can do it. I'm so amped right now.
Speaker 3: Wow time man, thank you.
Speaker 1: I want to clear something up with with my fans and with the people that have seen this interview. Uh. Something was asking about Cat Williams and myself, and I said, Cat did something for for my brother that I would never No one can ever say nothing bad about Cat to me. And let me say good morning to all of America. Cat did something. You know Cat? A lot of times, Cat has a great heart. A lot of people just don't understand him sometimes, but there is a great heart and a great young man in there, and he helps people out without thought process, meaning I ain't get to know what your problem is, but I know you this would help you monetarily.
Speaker 2: A lot of people say that, by the way, too, Yeah, especially comedians.
Speaker 1: Cat did something for me that. Oh I'm trying not to get an emotion. Cat did something for me that had nothing to do with monetary value. It has something to do with the way your heart has been built. My brother who was in the wheelchair. We were doing a show in Detroit, and my brother the way he was sitting, he couldn't come back to meet everybody. And I can't remember if because I didn't remember it at first. People think Cat gave some money to my brother. For what I got money, Kat did something that most humans wouldn't do without without thinking. He went and sat and talked to my brother while everybody else's backstage meeting everybody.
Speaker 3: He talked to him.
Speaker 4: So you saw your brother.
Speaker 1: Saw him physically went out there and talked to this young man. That's why can't nobody tell me nothing bad about Cat. No matter whatever other demons may be going on, you can't talk to me about it. That's not my lane for that. My lane is what he did for my brother, without which money could never compare to You understand me, You understand me. I mean, so, I just wanted to clear that up. Had nothing to do with money, had every bit to do with.
Speaker 4: This brother's heart. His brother's heart was so I just wanted to luther Cat. That means a lot.
Speaker 1: It means more than a lot.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you said you want to clear up with the people. They got you and cant have.
Speaker 1: Be for you. And no, no, no, no no. Everybody, like you said, everybody especially commit to think that everything is it's about monetary value. That he's throwing out money. No, he threw out his heart. He threw out money. He threw out his heart. That made that that that that made my brother probably thought he was standing up and walking again. You understand what I'm saying. That's why that's I know exactly what you mean.
Speaker 4: I know, I know I know people who've done that for other people, Like didn't give him no money, didn't put them in a mood or anything like that, but just showed up for him. I say that about you know, Eastern Ray all the time. Easter Ray showed up for one of my you know, homegirls when she was going through that. My homegirl did ultimately, you know, take her life a couple of years later. But when East showed up for her Rest in peace, Jazzfly Jasmine Waters, when Easter showed up for her, I know what that did for her and her spirit.
Speaker 1: So for all we know, that might have kept her alive.
Speaker 4: You know, just control absolutely absolutely, so I get exactly what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and people get misconceptions about us as people of color. Also, we have great hearts, but people don't understand. We've been through a lot of shit and we are saying, when are you gonna quit? You can't keep kicking that dog in the corner, and while he got teething this mouth, don't expect him to sink him in on you at one at one point, you can't do that people of color. And I'm saying people because not just my black people. We have great hearts and I love each and every one of you, but Latino community, y'all fucked up. I'm just keeping it real, y'all six now look at you? Yep. Oh them Venezuela's in Florida that live right next door. Remember the letter two hours later?
Speaker 3: What don't push me on?
Speaker 1: I don't want to live now, even average working white people mad? What the fuck? What I mean a fire? I voted for him, Shore to god, man, what a god? I voted for him. Man, it's gonna mess with the black people and there in the mexicanos, yeah, man, the taco worms man, the fuck you crazy? Okay, I'm gonna stop.
Speaker 4: Can we ask you some questions? Like I like people they interview themselves. Okay, but you used to play baseball. I did, and you gave up a pro baseball career to go into comics.
Speaker 1: Well, I never made it to the pros because, uh, I went to a girl went to jail. So why he's so hard on your son? A you doing smoke a.
Speaker 3: Little Wii where it's legal in most states?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Hold up, cuz we're gonna get some straight right now.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get something straight now.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, between me and you and your mama, we getting ready to get something straight right now. First of all, you have to know our history in order to understand why I say this. Number one, you have to realize I'm passing along knowledge to you that I've already obtained.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got you.
Speaker 1: Grasped that you cannot. I told him this is the things I said, do not allow a female to ruin your career. Handle your business first, get to the main line, finish that destination, and then you're gonna have all the offers you need. See what they bring to the table. And it's nothing against the female race. But I'm saying, they will end your career, yep, quickly in sports. I knew he was something special when he was six months in the crib he reached for a ball. Not normal, not like a normal baby. You know Babi's read. He went like this, and I said, oh shit, this is what I said. I didn even know at the time. My wife was filming that i'd even know, and she showed it to me years later. I said, we got one, and that's on the film. I said, we got one. I started training him at four. I never let him hit off a tee. No, they let the little kid team. I never let him hit off of tee. I switched him, switched him right to left at nine. He fought me for three years every time I made him go to the left. He hit his first home run as a freshman from the left after I am saying another word. His glove was butter, but his bat was dangerous. So you have to realize I was throwing him anywhere between three to five hundred balls.
Speaker 3: A day, damn.
Speaker 4: So you put a lot into him, a whole lot of and you already made.
Speaker 1: A lot of mistakes that you was telling him not to make. And I said, you are gifted. So you have to realize when you're doing that, you're taking You're taking away from your home life too, even though your wife may understand you're taking away from part of her because you're I would fly in. I would when he started playing ball in school and in college. I would fly in like I flew in one time, flew in back to Atlanta from doing the show, got in my truck, drove to Jacksonville, drove to Jacksonville. When this team he decided, he's like, man, God damn t but I had when it was called, they were called the Rods. Was Mexico Puffer fils right. They wanted to see him pro but they wanted to see him at like on a Friday at X at X time. I flew in to Atlanta, flew in from Atlanta, then I flew to Jacksonville, picked him up, drove him all the way to Roswell, New Mexico without stopping but once a couple of time to fill up overnight, and had me there by nine in the morning. I saw I saw Area fifty one. That really is an area fifty one? Oh yeah, and nobody in Roswell. I mean, that's my first time seeing it, and they had that cliff where you drive it's like a two thousand feet drop. I think my truck was tipt on. I swear to god. Nobody ran into my first sandstorm. Never had a sands, actual sandstorm like in the movie The Mummy. I mean, it was scraping up the car and everything.
Speaker 4: Did you think that was the aliens? When you was driving through?
Speaker 1: It was eerie. When I say eerie, it was like, and I'm one of those people that feel things, you know, it was it was very eerie. Because my mom and didn't think that I'm psychic. I'm not, but they think so because I say stuff way before it happens. But it was just eerie. And then driving through that and just when it really got bad. That's why I said I couldn't live in a place like that. Rods was in Mexico. Nobody had their teeth. I went to this town. Nobody had their teeth. The fruit was rotten and switched, like like it had been X rayed. I mean, you know what I'm saying, like zapped. Nobody had teeth. I mean the young ones, nobody had teeth, like all their teeth fell out. That I thought I was in a movie. Dude, it was weird. So how do you do? Like I said, you can't get caught twice in the same week, damn. So it seemed to me what you did to me, all this work that I put into you, not because I'm trying to live through you, but because you had a gift and God put me there at a home that gift for the town. I felt betrayed that you let me down and yourself down, and you definitely let your mama down because she's the one holding the fork while we're out there on that baseball sitting. You think I care? Do you think I care? When was this? Look? Look me in my eyes? Do you think I care? Then?
Speaker 3: Was this?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? When was this? Is how long ago? Jay? Were talking back? When that happened? Seven seven? Yeah, seven years ago?
Speaker 3: Let it go yet?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I said, you asked me what happened, and I'm telling you hurt, That's what I'm asking. No, it doesn't hurt now, because no, it doesn't hurt because we got to live on. We got to move on to the next, to the next chapter. And that's what we're doing. You know, it's still young, still growing, still learning. You know, us as men, we take forever to catch on.
Speaker 4: That one week shouldn't have defined the whole Christ, That's what do you mean that one week that was your that you?
Speaker 1: So that was his big break? That was all right, all right, all right, I got you, I got you, I got you. Okay, you went from you. Yeah, you could have been at a anyway from anyway. I'm a five or ten million dollar contract. Now McDonald's check is looking good to you.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something. You sound like my daddy. My daddy got a story about one of my cousins who got to try out with some base But it was a pressure basically might have been the brave of somebody. He This was way back in the day. So he just didn't want to take his earing out. But the fact he didn't want to take his earring out, hold on a.
Speaker 3: Minute, Oh dang, go Dann, did you hear it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Never had you got them chandeliers on his ears? Now, No, I love him though he's doing he's doing good.
Speaker 4: Well. I'm glad that you could get past that man that way past.
Speaker 1: I mean, is that why you didn't do it special for ten years? Because he was pointing him a lot of it. I mean that, and I had to gather the thoughts of the material because I, you know, I don't watch other comedians. I don't believe in that. You saw you say that on the special. Yeah, yeah, I don't. You You need to see me, That's what you pay for. So I try to be as different as I can be. I try to be just. I try to be different.
Speaker 4: If something happened to you early in your career that you that made you have that mentality like I don't want to watch other comedians.
Speaker 1: Like I've always been a loaner, so I've always had to entertain myself. So in doing that, there's a there's a unfortunately, there's a lot of hatred in the mixt of this business. There's a lot of people that don't want to see you gain fame or gain your next footing.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, club shown us that, Oh my god, shown us the beef that exists in the common.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But me personally, I don't worry about that, you know. And of course if you watch that, you heard me talk about the want of it. When to do trying to get with the girl and call me a certain name to that girl. He's from New York. Now you're gonna ask whatever you want to. We're gonna ask black Man.
Speaker 2: You've been compared to legends like Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor you heard that before.
Speaker 3: I'm sure yeah, and Flip Wilson and Flip Wilson.
Speaker 2: Why do you think honest Jay has it, like he said done, especially in ten years, took off the way that these comedian's name that I said, is it because you balanced family life a lot better?
Speaker 1: That's an excellent question. And also you just gave a great answer. I was already into a family when I got into this that couldn't stop. Did I want to be famous? Of course, that's why you get into this. But then I smart enough and realized, do I want the fame? Do I want Do I want stability? Down the road? Give me the stability, you keep the fame. I know a whole bunch of famous broke people. There's a whole there's some famous broke people that I had to dish out to. But your name was no more than mine. But I got my fans who have never let me down. My special right now. Within five days, it was at a million views five days. That don't happen two million views too much. But we're at twenty seven days, we had two million views. I can only thank God Almighty. And there's people out there that care about me. And that's what it. That's why I give every when I'm on stage, I give everything that I have, whether it's one person on the stage or it's ten thousand in the arena, I give everything that i have because I'm not afraid to fail, afraid to let my fans. Now, people work hard for their money. I'm your comic relief. They need that pressure taking off themselves. So when comedians beef with each other, some of it's legit, some of it's not anything that I do. I do it in front of your face, and then have you want to handle it after that?
Speaker 4: You know, you know, it's an interesting question, NV asked. But I think one thing people don't realize about comedians. Guys like you make money, Like I didn't seen you a couple of times. You don't even know because I was I was. I was a youngster back then Columbia, South Carolina, Columbia from Charlston, Carolina, born in Charlston, raised in mont Corna, Yesland.
Speaker 1: Absolutely that you would.
Speaker 4: Hear Arne's j name all the time, gonna be at the times about theatorium. Wow, you know you're gonna bet the Guilliard Auditorium. So I've seen I've personally seen you on stage years years years years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: So you think about that's what I've been doing radio twenty seven years. Yeah, so your career has been longer than that. Yeah, there's been thirty five, That's what I'm saying. So guys like you've been on the road, y'all on the road making tens of thousands, hundreds of thousand dollars a.
Speaker 3: Weekend, and it's like, okay, my money now, no, no oh, but that is one thing I hate.
Speaker 1: Do not look at my pockets. And that's anybody with me, working with me, do not look at my pockets. And I'm gonna say this. There's gonna be a whole bunch of people probably get upset, but I'm speaking truth. Most comedians are of certain status. I feel would rather have females working for them than men. You know why why? Because we're men, We're alphas. You want to be the top dog, You're gonna be that autpha male. Why are you making all this money? I need to make more. Most of the time, women they're not in competition with you. They there to do a great job, so when they do their job, it makes it easier on you. A lot of comedians have a woman that will open up for him. It doesn't matter to me whether you a woman or a man. I've had both, but it's most And if I'm wrong, you can tell me I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. I'm gonna take that clip and put it out of contact. I just want you to know that you want.
Speaker 4: As a man a woman.
Speaker 1: I had both. Yeah, yeah, that you do that because I got contacts too. See you see how I don't run away from that. You see how I don't run away from that.
Speaker 3: You in my lane.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna put you back in your life. So do whatever you want, because by the time I'm done, you and DJM slept with each other. So now you do that you want to. You had the first to say that, though now you had the person to say but the way I'm gonna do it, the way I'm gonna do it. Why you think he smiled? His lip turned pink automatic that's blood rushing up in there. You're crazy, You crazy that that that that's that cool of blood. Why you why you think Magne looks like an Egyptian with him my browns? Everybody? God, damn my bro know somebody that I sprayed air mark up in that look like an egypt Man?
Speaker 3: Definitely not naturally he played with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you going that can that curts on here going going with that? That's when you know that because I'm dying. None said it's a trying to wipe the wife. It don't want to. It's natural around around him, around natural. I don't know how that happen. Yeah, you know, how come you're the only human that that's natural? And all other gyms had that done. How come.
Speaker 4: Our ancestors, man, our ancestors, that's where we come from.
Speaker 1: I come from the same place. Why don't my eyebrows look like that? And done?
Speaker 3: You ain't get yours done?
Speaker 1: No, you just shot some inking there. You ain't slip. You don't shot some ink or had that thread and whatever. That thing's gone. Now I'm not gonna lie. When I was younger, I'm gonna tell you why he guy.
Speaker 4: I used to work in the telemarketing place and it was two girls and they told me that Tupac get his eyebrows arts, Niah and Samira, that's what they named.
Speaker 1: And I got my eyebrows arts because they told me too, there's nothing wrong with you. I didn't that back then. I was like the team talking about that eye liner that you got, that permanent eye liner, you know, shot of Maine. I'm gonna love you no matter what. You can't have eyeballs that looked like that, And then named Sharamagne that go together, that goes together, Greek god, Egyptian god, God, Egyptian God, that that go together. But do you know when my mama used to know that I was lying? What she would say what.
Speaker 4: I want to ask him about his style of comedy regularly I wanted to stay in that room.
Speaker 3: But ahad, we'll let you go.
Speaker 1: No, no, can I before you ask me the question, We're going to take a minor break here for pause, for the cause I need a pair of scissors. I do want to say this. I was always taught, and you do not go the way he was getting chased. You have more than blade on you, but what you should have a bat in your back pocket? You got it, nigger. I want to say this. You don't go to people's house when you meet them without homage of a gift. Let's see why you kept that seal. Yeah, it's created by me. I'm gonna give you the name I was. I was offered to put these in a major store. They said, do you see how that mint is coming up? Yes, sir, immediately my sprays for mint to buy it? Yeah, you know, no they for mint. I gotta I mean, it only gets stronger and you only need a couple of sprays. These are olds. Okay, this stuff y'all be buying the store without his alcohol and water and it evaporates. This for mints. It gets stronger when I wash my cars open on my hood and I hit. I hid inside my engine a couple of times. When it comes to that event, I'm gonna I got four different sprays that were created by me as my name on. So I brought these four y'all. Now, then y'all can decide it does man? Let me see what you on that one is?
Speaker 3: That's the rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the roads. Okay, what the hell are you making this? Ye? Let me tell you something. I have a store called on this j dot net, but you can't get it on the store I'm gonna tell you why you can't. You can go airborne or directly on the material. Okay, it's not for bodily youth. Yeah, it's called a mother smell a motherfucker with and that's they wanted me to change the name. But that was for my brother Rotney. I'm not changing nothing. Don't ever let nobody take your vision. No good. Oh yeah that. Let me tell you something. These are olds called these are olds. You can say this in your car, the bathroom that you're taking a ship. That meant, hit that toilet a couple of times. It'll save your life. I have meant, I have lavender. Lavender makes that body go down, calm down. You can go airborne or directly on the material, doesn't matter what you spread it on. You ever come out of a club. Stuff smell like smoke, that's the great. Or we hit hit your clothes one time. Let me be somewhere cool all that will leave. That meant ladies. I like that. The lavender. It's got a purple label. You got what you got in?
Speaker 3: Think I got the rules right here?
Speaker 1: Oh dang, I don't even know. Yeah, that's the lavendar. This is this right here is the number one selling. What's that? This is the brown? The brown. This brown is deadly.
Speaker 3: That brown's don't sound deadly.
Speaker 1: But the rose, the rose is the newest member of the family. That's that lab.
Speaker 4: Let me take that lavender to the misogynty.
Speaker 1: It doesn't even matter. Let me see the brown when you hit that brown. Now, y'all see how y'all smelling it right now? Guaranteed you will smell this for the next two days without spading, not another drop. You're gonna smell it every time you walk in there. Damn, because it for mints. I can't even keep these at the store. I can't. I can't refurnish the store. It's overwhelming me right now. I can't even meet demands. What was the website again? But it's onnest j dot now you know you can go, but you can't get it on there right now because I don't have the time so fast. Yeah, we had we had ten cases in Houston. We're gone within two and a half days. Ten cases. Damn at at eighty bottles a case. So I brought these barren gifts. Y'all can decide who you want to give it to, which ones you want. You can spread this in your in your bag, your book bag, and your shoes, bedroom, your closet, your drawers. That's a good thing about it. You can spread it anywhere when you come in this office, hit that carpet or whatever, and it's not gonna hurt If he spread on something, it's not gonna hurt it. When people come here, started getting on these mics, hit that mic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the mics be stinking sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you hit that mike, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. That's why I be trying to tell people, bring you come. When I came in after somebody sat down beside and like an idiot, didn't wipe the mic, I'm not gonna say who was, but didn't didn't wipe them out. And I went like this at all my members. I said, dude, you just got done sucking ass. God damnit, you just got done suck your a. That's crazy. He just got just finished. Did you hear? Did he call? He got a nickname for one of his girlfriends, and he called a crackpipe. She's a booty whole person. The nickname is crackpipe.
Speaker 4: That's what he said. Your nickname is crackpipe.
Speaker 1: You don't you believe it or not I'm not following nothing that. No, I'm not just not. It's just I'm not.
Speaker 4: Wow because you don't want to do all like the same jokes everybody else doing.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing no jokes. I'm just I just it's just it's just to me some of it. When you said sucking booty hole, it just made me think of that kid. That's why I bought it.
Speaker 2: So you didn't even hit the part about did he like when the guy finished on his girl? And did he like to put the finish on his nipples? You didn't hear that whole guy?
Speaker 1: He like, Oh, I ain't heard none.
Speaker 4: They like to rub other man's not on his nipples, legend, don't worry, but don't worry about that list.
Speaker 1: I like what i've seen you on thing. You're very Let me try to get my face back the switch. I'm trying to get my.
Speaker 4: Face back when you on stage, you're very animated.
Speaker 1: Yes, did you study like dances or like? Believe it or not? I moned z. I'm monitored in jazz dance for three years. Claire Parker Robinson and I've always I was always a dancer. I've always been physical. I jumped off my mama's roof one time, a pair of gr animal underwear and a tie wrapping around my neck, thinking I was Superman trying to grab a tree, jump straight airborne. Did you make it? No? And then I got my behind will after she made sure I was okay. That's what black mamas do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she ain't even checked if he was trying to kill yourself.
Speaker 1: All that air left out of me though, all the wind left. She beat you immediately after. I'm just glad I wasn't hard, because I would have. I would have broke that little thing I was. I was kind of high up for the air. See how I mess your mind with that? You know?
Speaker 4: And the new specials Cadilac and the too Special not Gonna Stop comedy. You said that Prince called you. He did You said his boy sounded sexy. You said you would let him hit Huh.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding, because that's you know what DJ I know playing with.
Speaker 1: I know, I know I'm gonna have to do. You try to be okay. This game you want to play with that open your door. You're playing with you. It's a game you want to play.
Speaker 3: You finish the question.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let on that set right there, think about whatever he thinking about? What you? It's a game you want to play, the game you want to play. I'm taking my ball and go home.
Speaker 4: Come.
Speaker 1: I let him hit, even though you're looking in his eyes. Oh, you were locked.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne met him.
Speaker 1: Couldn't you could not look him in his eyes and leave unless his eyes released you.
Speaker 4: He made me study, and I don't even know.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't know why you studied because your brain was saying, well, so what we're gonna do? Your brain said, Okay, you're gonna let me hit. You're gonna You're already looking at your eyes because you already look like an Egyptian? So what you do? He had those tho prince had eyes like that. Let me tell you start. He did Prince side, Prince hide and tupac eyebrows. Get this on your show. He was in his back. Oh at Donelle, I heard what you said about me, fam, But he said, what do you say?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Recently? No, I don't know how reason was, but I was told something that he said about it was wasn't bad publicly well he was. He was Donelle, I like Dornell, but he was saying, I'm just going by what was told to me like that, I can't get a job at nineteen ninety two, Jay, after working every week, I'm nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 4: Wow, No, man, if.
Speaker 1: I'm lying, he'll let you know.
Speaker 4: Let me call him.
Speaker 1: I don't get fun. He think my heart pump water. But you think I don't believe?
Speaker 4: He said that.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's find out.
Speaker 4: Let's see. Let's see. He might answered, let me see if I don't believe. Ddelle said that, you know, if I facetiming them, it must be something. Let's see. Let me see.
Speaker 1: I'm not calling him out. I'm just telling you you heard, telling you what I heard.
Speaker 4: He ain't picking up.
Speaker 1: Why your phone sounds so sect what Prince said when he called you? Why are you stirring your essence? He wanted me. He wanted to meet me, and I thought they were joking. I went to meet him, and when I met him, he wanted me to do two I did two shows with him. I was in Oakland, California, and when I went there to San Francisco first. When I went there, when we first met, he was in rehearsal. Larry Graham was just either getting ready to walk off or walking off and he saw me, and he told me come on in because I didn't want to disrespect. I'm up there watching this man in rehearsal, and I'm the only one in the audience, the only one in the audience. Then he told me to come on stage, Prince man and as he had butter hands too. But Prince Prince is something else. Prince is the beast. When I looked int his eyes, I looked at his eyes like, you're not gonna let me leave. It's gonna hold my heart.
Speaker 3: He dude.
Speaker 1: I was in such amazement. Then when I saw her the wardrobe, the clothes that he was gonna wear, I didn't even want my clothes no more. It's my role manager laughing. So we know we saw Prince flowed away. Dude, I went out and bought me a shirt with the back cut out. Shut up right in my line, I went, I'm here to tell the truth. I went, I don't, I don't, I don't lie my anybody. Where'd you find where'd you find a shirt with the back of don't even matter? We were in San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, got you got you, got you, got you?
Speaker 1: My back was cut out, Thank godmn baby, all back there. I wasn't even a comedian when I went up states I'm up here trying to shimmy the back cut out. You know what?
Speaker 2: Charlomagne said, Charlotte, we see him and it was in the hallway. Charlamagne walks up to him and I'm the advent to two.
Speaker 4: Shut up?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 4: That's the first thing that was Also, the Prince was in the building. Mind you was six in the morning, like Princeton the building. Why would prince just randomly being did you do that.
Speaker 1: Before you went out? Did you do that for you went out? You could you get that? You lick your know what happened? Did you do that?
Speaker 4: We walked out the studio and we went to the hall. He was already walking by and he saw us and he can't walking towards. He actually can't walking towards.
Speaker 1: Okay, But when he left, did you look at his little ass? Yes?
Speaker 5: And I took a picture the picture, I took a picture and away, knock knock, in my life, he was floating.
Speaker 1: He was floating off the ground. Yes, I'm not.
Speaker 4: And then when I went to go show everybody, and I'm like, yo, look he was floating. The picture was blacking my it was just a black box where the picture was. I'm not lie if he saw him, he was right, he was right there.
Speaker 1: We all saw it. He was walking away because we asked.
Speaker 4: Him to take a picture. He was like, no, I don't want to take a picture. Cool And as he was walking away, I took a picture of from behind and when we looked, he was levitating off the ground a little bit, and I showed him all of the picture once to see him levitating turned to a black squeat.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you said that because when he was on stage, you know, they called me. He called me up on stage before I mean to sing with him and land Graham and everybody was up there when he started doing that little move. And I'm never seen a pair of five intes of that old move look like no, like he wasn't touching the ground. I mean, it was the weirdest thing. So you're not lying. No, we said it.
Speaker 3: Nobody believed. I don't tell the story because nobody believes it.
Speaker 2: But I seen him take the picture he showed us and it was gone, gone, picture seventy picture gone, Like.
Speaker 1: What the fuck? What the fuck the picture went? It's a black box with a picture of spirits. That's all spirits. Why did you hear Ricky Smiley have beef? Man? I heard Riggy tell that story. He was I think he was up here. He told it anything he told you.
Speaker 4: He just said that, y'all have beef for twenty years, never spoke, and y'all randomly saw each other on a plane and ended I'm sitting next to each other and y'all squashed whatever issues y'all had.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what happened. That's what they told you. That's what your that's a stupid you know.
Speaker 4: You just did what your mama did.
Speaker 1: You said no, no, Once you squash or we talk like two grown men. Once you we do that, then whatever you say without demeaning me and getting away from all the truth. And that's what happened. We will leave it at that. That's what that's that's what happened. Well, good brother man, both of y'all good.
Speaker 3: Both of y'all good.
Speaker 1: Is you know I reach out to them. Both of us have different places in life. You know, I can get along with Believe it or not, I can get along with anybody if you will allow me to get along with you, plain and simple, and if you want to go the other route and we don't want to get along, I get it. You don't fuck with me. I don't fuck with you. I get that. I wish nothing but success for yourself and or your family. Period. This life is too short for us to carry malice in our heart about people. My people get on me all the time and say, you know what and is sometimes you need to let go.
Speaker 3: You manage to say.
Speaker 1: I do let go when but I don't. But I don't forget. I don't ever forget because you think I'm I let you re chamber on me. You're out your living mind.
Speaker 3: That's my problem. I can't let go. Sometimes it depends on what you do. If it's something that is forgivable, then yeah, I could let gold forget.
Speaker 1: But some things I can't because, yeah, but you're Dominican and black. I'm not Dominican. I'm totally black, totally black. Where were you born? I was born in Brooklyn, raising Queiz, Okay. And your dad is black and your mom is just now man where your daddy from?
Speaker 3: My dad is half black, and where is he from?
Speaker 1: Rib the fuck up? I just asked you what your dad is.
Speaker 3: He's half black?
Speaker 1: Now you know, you said half after he said, and from.
Speaker 3: The island of Dominica. That is a that's a Caribbean island, and it's very small.
Speaker 1: Yes it is. They eat they eat baked fish as a meal. Damn what they eat bait fish as a meal. I'm a fisherman. I travel all over, all over the globe of the fish. I go for big boys, you know, as big as you caught, big as I call. Yeah, biggest I think I've ever caught was probably like a two hundred and fifty pound mako shark. But I can't I catch your yellow fin tune as I catch black groups. I stay on the ocean fishing. Matter of fact, yeah, through my Instagram everything. People be amazed at some of the fish I catch. The fish I catch, like red snapper, now red snapper in the store, like black groupers upward almost forty five fifty dollars a pound. I catch it fresh, and I just.
Speaker 3: Give it away, give it so you don't sell them, you just give.
Speaker 1: My friends sell them. I give because I keep what I want. My freezers are full of just fish. But I cook, you know, so I love to fish, So I don't know, man, life is just too short and not to enjoy.
Speaker 3: You know, absolutely, you got to.
Speaker 1: You gotta steadfast in life. And as like I tell brothers sometimes I said, women never what women never forget man, believe it or not, never forgive you think we forgive you? We don't. You think we want to forgive a person. We know, we know, we know this. Niggas hitting from the background in your head like that, am my lion. Nobody ever hit me from the back and ground my head like that.
Speaker 3: You ain't got no head.
Speaker 1: About somebody grabbing you from the man. You're trying to release something you see that you're trying to release. It's okay, go ahead, you're trying to you're trying to release mm hmm. Congratulations on your book, man, Man, I got a few, Yeah, but the one that matters. Congratula your book. You're actually an intelligent brother.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that. You can't appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just pictured somebody grabbing you by your fore head and you and there in back of you. How does feel you was a flight attendant to right? Sure? Man?
Speaker 4: I know you was hilarious on the plane.
Speaker 1: I was nasty. What airline was it? Mhmm? Continental airlines?
Speaker 4: Used to be used to be on the microphone.
Speaker 1: I changed voices. I can do okay, Yeah, yeah I was. I was the lead flight attendant. Really, what made you stop doing it? I mean, I know what you're doing. You're doing your because it was time. Now I actually got fired. Really sleeping on the jump seat. That's an automatic termination. Really, you can't sleep on the jump seat. Hell as a flight attendant who told on you m hm. A crew that was not even my crew. It was a crew that picked up my trip, the captain and at that time she over senjored me was sleeping. We wanted the flight attendants. I didn't really get along with her too much. But I was real sick. We was in Newark, New Jersey, and it was a snowstorm. So they held us at the gate for like four hours. Then we went out to and I was real sick, had the flu or something. Then we went out to the runway thinking we're gonna take off. We was out there another hour. Finally they brought us back in and it was to let the crew go after a certain point. Yeah, you have a certain time alloted.
Speaker 3: But they just made that rule a couple years ago before. I remember, you could stay on that thing.
Speaker 1: No no, I was no, no, no, no, you still had you still had a rest time that you had. You can only push back times and you can only do it a certain amount of time. But we went back and I told the captain that I had just taken some night quill. So when we was on the jump seat, I fell asleep.
Speaker 4: Hold on, somebody telling the story. Hush, I'm gonna get to you in one second. No, I'm gonna get to you in a second. Somebody to get to that.
Speaker 1: Go back to the story. Get to the bottom line is when when they they wanted to fire me, I told them what happened. The captain denied it, said I had never told him anything. Wow, damn because he was knocking off the Yeah, so that was an automatic termination.
Speaker 4: Yo, you're already talking shit about OG comedians, man being disrespectful?
Speaker 1: What you talking about? Og comedian? You are?
Speaker 4: But you had to in this feeling you said in this village that what did he say?
Speaker 3: Nineteen ninety two?
Speaker 1: Who's night? Who's comedian? In nineteen ninety two? Who's who's the nineteen ninety two comedian? They are?
Speaker 4: Dad?
Speaker 1: Now, Wow, you're being disrespectful? Son, Who's the nineteen ninety two comedian Yo Yo.
Speaker 6: First off, sir, First off, uncross you when you're doing some interviews, son, don't do that.
Speaker 1: First of all. First of all, recognize a pimp bitch.
Speaker 6: I know, I know because you had your pimp voister the other time.
Speaker 1: I was like this, think about the traffic somebody. I said, okay, long you don't snatch.
Speaker 6: We gonah yo, And I'm gonna tell you. You know, I don't fuck with nobody. You one of the ones I fuck with. I know this sounds crazy.
Speaker 4: Boy.
Speaker 6: When I see you, I'm like, I want this thing to take me fishing one day.
Speaker 1: No didnies, sir. We were just talking about that. So why are you shot on him? Then? Why are you telling other people on this? I ain't never on this. No. What I said was and I told him, I said it wasn't bad. What Donell's they was just funny. When Donna said, man, I can't get no damn work out here nineteen ninety two on there's Jay working every week? Did you say that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I ain't never say that, son. Oh. When there's somebody lied, yeah.
Speaker 6: Somebody lie, you gotta check that.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't come out nine no way, son. I never say him like that.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, especially especially with somebody that you not used to, but to continue to like you did, nigga, No.
Speaker 1: Way, thank you. No. I told him I have nothing but love for you. That's nothing.
Speaker 4: Always cop and please when somebody run down on you, man whatever, you always want to pop ship and apologize, Nigga, just ask kiss WHOA.
Speaker 6: What I do is what I do is that let nobody twist my words of anything I said. And if something like that said, you gotta show as they say.
Speaker 1: Showed me the receipts. And I ain't never never, never had nothing to build or anything. And I ain't coming to please he one of the ones ever and I and I have to take and I have to take your word for that, playing itself. Stop lying on a next Jay, stopped lying on Corey. Holkme man, lead him. You know what, You're trying to start some ship with that one. You need to lead that along.
Speaker 3: You need to lead that along.
Speaker 1: You need to leave that with Corey. Man, I'm gonna tell you one thing about Corey that y'all might not know. What's that that motherfucker can fight. No, no, no, you know, no, let me get this strang. Okay, there's a whole bunch of people that run, they yack and can't fight. Yeah, that's a legit, that's a little bit strong man. I was. I was with him in a gym when he sold called members of a gang or old Jez whatever talking ship and Corey said, well what you want to you know, basically do let's play ball, because he could play some ball. He I mean, he was slamming. One of them started talking. Cary swung him around like uh, you know how you swing kids around, and the rest of them was getting ready to make a move. I jumped in. I said, no, all, y'all ain't gonna jump on him. And then there was some other comedians set back like little bitches.
Speaker 4: So let's just keep it, keep this realm on the fifty one fifty show.
Speaker 1: I want to hear. I need to know who the comedians were that didn't jump in. And Corey can thump, I believe even know he's heavier now, I mean he can thump. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Cory a good dude, man, good dude. He's he's a real good dude. If you don't want his type of truth, then don't ask his type of question.
Speaker 4: That's very true.
Speaker 1: That's very true. That's very true. And I'm not making all this be about fighting and everything, but the way that I talk when things ender my brain that stand out, you know, I say it like, that's one of the things that stand out about him. I have seen him in action. I know the one comedian was talking all that ship to him. He was out outside the improv in La and I had to go to the cause that dude, uh uh, leave that alone. I'm telling you right now, And all I heard nons let him go. I said, Okay, that's a C word. He wants me to let you go for a reason. You we're going to walk into a wall that's moving. Leave that alone. You not built, but what's getting ready to happen to you? Let me see your hands. No, you're not butter to buttery too damn buttery too buttery Jesus Christ. Yeah, you can wipe the baby's ass. And he'd be like, come on a little bit more.
Speaker 4: Of course, southor Court, Corey said that people always mentioning him on Burfa's Club, but he don't never get the chance to respond, And he's absolutely right.
Speaker 1: So salute the court. Yes, yeah, you know I give credit. What creditors do.
Speaker 3: I know Cory got a problem with Donnell and even with but not Corey's always been.
Speaker 1: He got a problem with Donall don just two. Oh yeah, that's why I remember. That's why I said, you're trying to start some mes. Do be copping please now getting his feelings, That's what I'm saying. See, I'm not built like that. Yeah, I can tell you can't. You can't say what I don't do. I don't do mean well, people that are mean, I don't do that. Well. You cannot holler at me and expect me in an hour to be okay, give me a minute, contact me over the weekend, the next week, let's see where I'm at, because you ain't gonna holler at me and then and then let's go get ice cream. You crazy.
Speaker 2: It's just see, I don't mind comedy like you go back in front of you make funny jokes. But when it gets personal, that's when you have to have to have a conversation.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So if you going at me, you can go at me. We can go at each other.
Speaker 4: But when it gets personal, I think that's what happened with donn Ellencory?
Speaker 1: Oh he got it. No, Corey baited him, then we gotta have a conversation. He got his feelings. I'm ana beat son. You ain't just gonna talk about my man in front of me. You know he's checking up for his guns. You know that's why, that's what he's doing.
Speaker 2: I think with that with Donna Ella Cory, it's stayed comedy. With the Black and Mile toy, it was comedy. I don't ever think of personal or did it? Did I miss something? But the thing I love about Corey's Corey and Jess got personal.
Speaker 1: You can't let Corey smell blood on you and Corey gonna brand you, Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a brand that you're gonna be stuck with, you know what I'm saying. So Donnell had to turn his whole special to the Black Mark.
Speaker 3: But it was it's always stayed jokes and never got personal for them that I see.
Speaker 1: But you know, I'm gonna be honest with you. But most like most Latinos, I'm not. I'm saying, y'all getting y'all feelings quick, y'all, y'all don't joke too long. I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not Latino. I call it the light skin of me.
Speaker 1: You can tell when you're in your feeling. Get your right legs start to shake. Yeah, you just want but they I smell, I see things, scan the room.
Speaker 3: He calls me beige rage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's it. I don't know why y'all get so upset. Maybe all the pepper y'all eat. I don't know, and that heat be on the inside of y'all. Latino on that Okay, Okay, We're gonna let you be black today. Latino is okay. I do want to say this Latino is black. They come from a black heritage. So a lot of your Latinos you are not white. I don't know. Some of y'all want to be, but you're not. Menudo chitlings. Same damn thing is not Chitling's man is Chiitlins. Menudo is a group menudo.
Speaker 3: What's manudo? You spanished?
Speaker 1: You don't know. You don't know what manulo is?
Speaker 4: New youurekan?
Speaker 1: The hell is that New York? Areacan? That bruh? That's cal You don't know. We really don't know. I'm really not smanaged.
Speaker 3: Don't listen to him I'm not Spanish. Not a lick.
Speaker 1: Yes he is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Menudo is pork and live with stew has made with Cole's stomach simmon and brought with red chili paper.
Speaker 1: Sounds like chillers than me. Chilling's chillings. I'll eat that because I don't eat.
Speaker 4: Pop jac You know what, you know what, you know what on YouTube right now, you gom y'all gott I will come.
Speaker 3: Sixteen years it's the first time you've been up Here's crazy.
Speaker 1: On it because I never thought. I mean, if y'all call on me, I'm gonna come. I'm gonna I'll sit in you in tail stopped through, I will, I will sit there. We'll, we'll, we'll roast everybody out here in a good way, in a good way because I don't I don't want you getting yourself and no, you don't get in trouble like that.
Speaker 4: No more, no, no, no want of the blue, no, not even when they come up in the studio that be I had one. I had want you know, I had one fight after that, you had a real fight, A real fight after the can I get a drop moment? But that was that was easier because this one person, so I handed that on all but that was like, that's the only other time he swung at me, but he missed because I was walking. I was across the street, so he swung on. Oh yeah, and I was walking out and he swung on me. And then yeah, there was a good one.
Speaker 3: That was good, you know, minister society when you went back and look at the video, cause we.
Speaker 1: Had to pharmacy so he could see the video tape. So he called me out.
Speaker 2: We ran back down were watching the video that the dude walks back in. Me and Charlamaye got scared, like ship because we like, is he walking back in?
Speaker 3: He must have a gun.
Speaker 1: God just did him dirty.
Speaker 3: But Charloamy knocked him out so bad he dropped his keys. He was looking for his keys.
Speaker 1: He about to get his key. I mean, but I don't care.
Speaker 3: Hit him so hard feet off the ground. I was impressed.
Speaker 1: And I could have I could have took that tape and put it out before what like why.
Speaker 3: I don't give as. I was impressed. I was impressed.
Speaker 4: That was years ago.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't want to fight nobody guns gunklish. I'd be seven in a couple of weeks. I was impressed. Houston, Texas. I want to say this to you, let's go. I will be there next week. I'm humbly saying thank y'all so very much for the support that Houston, Houston. I'm sorry. They are just day that city. They they they have done nothing but support me over the years. I shot my special there. Now were coming back next week. We already looked like we set a record there. We seld out over nine shows, so I think we get We're going to be at the Improv in Houston, Texas next week. When we leave here today, we're going to uh, New Jersey. I'll be in Brunswick, New Jersey. We're getting ready to do it. That's called the Stress Club Stress Tractor. Yeah. So my my my tour is doing great. We had two million views so called. Everybody call people that you know in jail, put some money on their books and get some happiness in their heart. And I'm just in thank you and I'm YouTube. Y'all have been nothing but kind to me. And let me say thinking I and I hope to have not offend anyone, but you know, hey, when you when you when you when you come to me, expect the truth no matter how I put it. I got a lot of info, people saying I need to write a book, but who knows. Let's talk about it. Yeah, let's talk about it absolutely. That's really, Let's talk about it absolutely. If you don't talk about it with me, you know how your eyes are. No, No, I draw, I draw. I'm just saying I draw. We both got Outlet draw, just go to just go Jake Comedy and everything else will pull up. People of the New Brunswick want to know if I'm bringing my sprays, I have them called them mother smell gooding. Right now, you just can't. I can't meet the demand to selling in my store. But this stuff ain't no joke. Everybody knows. You know. You gotta look at things as a business. You know, real quick? Did you buy a bunch of homes in Detroit?
Speaker 4: No, that was and Angeloue.
Speaker 1: You did a smart move. Boy. A lot of my family from Detroit, my wife, people from Detroit.
Speaker 3: I don't talk about real estate on the air no more. But yeah, we did pretty good.
Speaker 1: Shut up, man, it's the breakfast Club on. Let me let me cut out this way, let me queue out this way. Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club