Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the best of Tabino and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every day.
Speaker 1: From five to seven pm to eastern two to four pacifics on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Find your local station for the Gino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every.
Speaker 2: Day on the iHeartRadio app by searching the FSR.
Speaker 3: The biggest most sexiest move by far was school bulls. The first announced they got out the way the other pieces could fall, and the Dodgers did it again. And we're of course going to discuss is this good or bad for baseball? I heard they might get skeens. Just kidding, but seriously, come on, ridiculous.
Speaker 1: But here's the question when you say to yourself, is this fair or not? I and the first guy to tell you. In the nineties and two thousands, when people would say the Yankees are buying championships. As much as I hated the Yankees and I'm a Mets fan, I never loved that narrative completely because so many of the Yankees that were part of that dynasty, from you know the Jeters, to the Marianna Rivera's they were, to the Bernie Williams they were homegrown guys, so you couldn't. I hate it when people say the Yankees bought it. They did buy players.
Speaker 3: There's a huge difference, and you can't compare the Evil Empires.
Speaker 2: You really can't, because they had the.
Speaker 3: Core four of Posada, Jeter, Pettitt, and Mo Rivera, plus Bernie O'Neil was a Yankee from ninety one or whatever. Yeah, I know he was a red at heart, but he was on the Yankees playing with Manningly back in the day. Like they had a lot of dudes that were there for a long time and in the farm system and then filled in the pieces. The Dodgers do not have as many homegrown people, let's be real about that. But still they're doing good business. I'm not trying to take anything away from them. I'm just saying they're making it really hard to beat them, still possible, but that's still the biggest move by far. A rise to the Phillies. That's a big move because he's a coveted piece. You know, he's a guy that gets on base. Batting average doesn't mean a lot in today's game, but you still need dudes to get on base, and you know, be there on base when people are hitting home runs, so props to them. But man, I can't believe that the Dodgers did it again. I really can't. That's still the biggest story.
Speaker 1: I mean, according to Las Vegas, besides the Dodgers, your Yankees and Dan Byer, your Brewers are number two and number three based on what they think the odds are for a team to win the World Series this.
Speaker 4: Year's It's been quite the weekend of the narratives, especially with Milwaukee losing out on Schooble and now they just lost out on Clay Holmes. They would get Dustin May earlier today in a deal with the with the Cardinals. But yeah, there are a lot of angles on the school thing. Just as like a Brewers fan. The Brewers were swept by the Dodgers last year in the NLCS, and I almost think it was more important that they kept schoobl off of the Dodgers than maybe even acquiring him themselves.
Speaker 1: It's like in football, if you could keep a guy out of your division, sometimes you even care if he's on your team. You just get him out of my division, and now you're gonna have to see him again and he's on the team.
Speaker 2: That's already the team to beat.
Speaker 3: But on the flip side to that, yeah, keep him off the team. But even if he was on the Brewers, that would have been a big time difference maker him and the mizz would have.
Speaker 2: Been tough to beat in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's really tough to see that dude on the Dodgers. But I think it puts a bigger target on the Dodgers' back, makes you want to beat them even more, It makes you want to root against them. But does say now more so about what's going to have to happen in the offseason and hopefully baseball doesn't strike and you know, but we know what we see coming down down the road not rich, because you know it is good business. You can't be mad at the Dodgers for being good at business and making it count and making those moves and striking while they're hot and keeping that streak going. They're going for three in a row. You got to commend them. We all wish our teams were that aggressive, right. You got to remember that entice.
Speaker 1: You gotta remember when you when you get upset about these things. I want to remind myself, am I jealous or am I mad? At something legit and.
Speaker 2: A little of both. It's okay. I'm a little yeah, you know, I look at Danny g I look at your Dodgers. Danny.
Speaker 1: Just the other night I called you and I'm like, you have a little jealous He sent me a video of Edwin Diaz walking in I'm like, you.
Speaker 2: Don't even care about him.
Speaker 1: He was the only thing the Mets cheered about, the little timmy trumpet's entrance. And now like Edwin Diaz is just like another star your team has, Like that's not even like.
Speaker 5: There are some question marks. So I know that Dodger haters are out in full force, but look at how they just got swept by the Red Sox. And the reason it is because their second half of their starting pitching rotation right now is pretty horrible. You still got Glass now out injured, and Blake Snell has not seen the mound similar to last year how he was out injured for most of the season. O Tawny has not been on the mound either because of that knee injury. So yeah, he's been batting, but he's no longer pitching right now. So that was the reason why we speculated last week that the Dodgers would pull the trigger with some of those prospects they have.
Speaker 3: I look at it this way, though, you know, question is it bad for baseball? And your thoughts as teams make these money moves? Trade Deadline Monday eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Why did we watch Floyd Mayweather fights?
Speaker 2: Right? To watch him lose?
Speaker 3: Of course, Dodger fans are gonna root hard, But doesn't it make you want to root against the Dodgers that much more? Don't you want to tune in to watch the Dodgers lose? Are you enticed to see somebody? They've crossed the Dodgers, They've crossed the line? What is that a old Is it a Batman thing?
Speaker 2: Or I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not a superhero guy, but like you, you live long enough, you go from hero to villain? Sure or something like that. Sorry I wasn't I didn't go see Spider around this weekend. But no, there's a sense of the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Of riches and a hero guy. He's more like a mister Bean guy. I think mister Bean said that Rich fool.
Speaker 2: Me once, shame on me. I won't get fooled again.
Speaker 3: Guys fool me watch shame on, shame on, you can't get fooled again.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 1: But but the reality is they've stuck around long enough as a hero that essentially, you know, they have to pull a Hollywood Hogan.
Speaker 2: They're the bad guy now.
Speaker 1: And when you go through all the stars on their team, I did see the meme like everyone else did, floating around and Danny, you hit.
Speaker 2: Me up with it.
Speaker 1: So it's made the rounds when you look at the stars on this team. Mookie Betts traded because the Red Sox didn't want to give him an extension. The Braves chose Matt Olsen as their future over Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 5: And dropped the ball in those negotiations.
Speaker 3: The Angels, remember Freddy Freeman was crying about that he didn't want to go anywhere. Yeah, the Angels really didn't handle Otani, couldn't build a winner around him, even though.
Speaker 5: They tried and got nothing in return.
Speaker 1: And the Yankees had every shot at Yamamoto, but insisted on Garrett Cole being their ace. They paid more and Yamamoto went to the Dodgers. The Yankees had a chance there.
Speaker 5: Ardi Moreno, Yeah, he vetoed that Pajez trade. Remember the Rays didn't want to pay Glass. Now the Cardinals gave up on Tommy Edmond. The A's just reassigned maximun See, I haven't done with you and the Tigers. Remember the arbitration deal was the biggest gap of money between the player and the team. Like maybe they were, yeah, we're gonna give you a ninety two dollars. That'll be what a Sam's clip, that'll be a ninety two dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh, that'll be four dollars.
Speaker 3: Cry about it, and a lot of people are no, man, good luck, enjoy the rest of the season because there's not gonna be one next year. Or you could just root harder and hope that someone in the NL even stops from from.
Speaker 2: Making the World Series.
Speaker 3: Man, it's not impossible, like dany g said, it's not an automatic, dude, it's not.
Speaker 5: People were upset over Kyle Tucker and he's been tracked maybe the Dodgers worst.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you Kyle Tucker, it's gone so on to the radar because they're just still the best team in baseball record wise, But Kyle Tucker that has not worked out.
Speaker 5: Also struggling in the outfield.
Speaker 2: Ye, what's up? I would.
Speaker 4: I would also just say two things. Number one, the Dodgers were two outs from losing the World Series last year, you know, like they they wouldn't have been a back to back if the Blue Jays could shut it down in the in the ninth inning.
Speaker 1: And the wet they were up and down foot they were a Will Smith, right, a Will Smith heeled down on the plate.
Speaker 3: I remember how dominant you Savage was, Yeah, last year against them, So it's not impossible.
Speaker 5: No, but I'll play.
Speaker 4: I'll play devil's advocate to the list that Rich read off is the alternative for all of those players. The Dodgers are options and a lot of teams aren't. So yeah, the Red Sox, it's the Red Sox fault for not wanting to extend Mookie Bets. Not every other team is in on Mookie Bets and bringing him in there. The Dodgers are in all those conversations now that bait maybe you know inherently because they're in LA or the Dodgers. And I feel like the o Tani signing here, there really wasn't anywhere else that he could go. I thought that really made a fit outside of the Dodgers, And I think others felt that way, but I wouldn't say that the people who would like point to that list as saying, well, you know my you know my team. The Brewers wouldn't have been in on every one of those players, even though they were in on schoobl And I think that's what some people have problems with.
Speaker 5: I think you're absolutely right.
Speaker 4: You being jealous, I think is the most honest thing about anything, because I think people try to craft their own arguments on why they should be right when the realization is, yeah, just sometimes just sucks to trust.
Speaker 2: Me to be in the spot tampire.
Speaker 1: In the late nineties, I was a high school kid as a Mets fan when the Yankees were winning every year. I like, I even then knew deep down inside, I'm like, I'm just jealous. I'm jealous is everything from the glory. I saw my Yankee fan friends having in the three Pete and Jeter and winning, and.
Speaker 2: We used to joke that, like.
Speaker 1: You would even go to Yankee Stadium maybe like good looking women everywhere you go to you know, city Field, there was a bunch of like like moms or Long Island, Like it was like everything about the Yankees was awesome.
Speaker 2: And I remember being like, man, deep down inside, I'm just Joe's.
Speaker 3: You know what, rich, That's fine, like Dan Barr said, if we could at least honestly admit that.
Speaker 1: But you know what, there is something we said though that if you are a free agent, and I guess that's just what are you gonna do? Los Angeles is an appealing place to live. We all moved out here.
Speaker 3: Everyone here. It's not like school. Bol volunteered to go. I was in tears but saying how much he's going to miss his teammates in Detroit. And by the way, Detroit gave up nothing for the dude. But is there a sentiment behind the scenes that which also makes me want to barf again?
Speaker 1: Was there some agent talk in that schoobl would likely want to sign with the Dodgers, so everyone else looked at it as a potential rental?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm sure of it.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like if if the Dodgers know, hey, if it goes well, school is going to stay here, this would be where he'd want to be versus well, that's the way.
Speaker 5: It's part of this conversation. Covino is what is it nine million dollars? So literally any other MLB team could have afforded that as well. They didn't want to give up those prospects the way the Dodgers did just for a rental.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody's hanging on tight to the to the nobody's who rarely pan out. Like Michael Li says, a lockout is likely to happen anyway, So might as well get school ball on your way out the door and get another get a three peete in there, so you know there's a there's a decent chance that might happen regardless of these moves.
Speaker 4: But the end sentence isn't just these teams didn't want to give up the prospects for schoob Ball. It's also none of these teams are going to be in on school ball and then the off season. Yeah, and that's like the other issue.
Speaker 1: When Schooba wants, you know, eighty million dollars a year for eight years or whatever, You're right, the.
Speaker 4: Rais and Brewers aren't going to be in on him in the off season.
Speaker 2: Here's a question.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's above our pay grade, but how does Major League Baseball solve this and really try to prevent some terrible holdout strike? And no one plays and because that it seems like everyone says it's inevitable, you know, enjoy it now, will is it? Is it simply a salary cap, floor and ceiling. A lot of the players are saying, no ceiling. They don't want a salary cap. Is it a substantial luxury tax where these teams could spend but the taxes are going to be astronomical where it does make it less appealing for these big market teams to spend the money.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Like you're also gonna have to balance out your international players and what's enticing to them, because Dodgers have a clear example, not only geographically, like beautiful weather that entices people in beautiful place. They're closer to Japan with a superstar named show Hey there that everybody wants to play with. So, like, are you going to put some sort of some restrictions there as far as who can go where and how many international Japanese players you're.
Speaker 2: Allowed to get? I'm a break.
Speaker 1: I'm all about capitalism and you know, make your money, you know, but there's got to be some type of sharing there because there's no way that longer term these small teams. Well, like you said, they won't even be in on guys like this unless something changes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I and you can't expect you can't bank on Dan.
Speaker 1: You're very lucky that your team has great chemistry and somehow has run such a way where even without the big star names the Brewers. That's why the Mets though they had something with Sterns because he came from your guys. But yeah, how do you how do you expect some of these teams to really compete? Like our buddy Mauser who lives in Cincinnati, he takes his kid to the Reds games.
Speaker 2: They were a wild card last.
Speaker 1: Year, you know, for because the Mets are so bad that they won a wildcard eighty three wins. How do you expect the Reds to compete nowadays?
Speaker 2: Going to Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's almost like a guy like Ellie day La Cruz isn't in the back of mind, like, well, it's a countdown till he's somewhere else.
Speaker 4: That was, you know, the Cavino started off the show and talking and that was the joke with schemes dating back to when he made his debut.
Speaker 5: Right, I went to, oh, it's a.
Speaker 2: Pirate until until when can be a Yankee? The countdown. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And by the way, the Dodgers weren't the team used in those jokes. It was always the Yankees, right, you know, so it has changed recently.
Speaker 2: How do you feel, Cavi?
Speaker 1: You know you're not the hottest girl in the club anymore.
Speaker 2: I think it's a big epiphany that we're all coming to.
Speaker 3: I think there's a huge sense of envy and jealousy when it comes to them being the hot girl. But as long as we acknowledge it, yeah, you know, and the players don't want a salary cap. I don't know how they're going to fix it. Like you said, Rich, that's not our job to figure out. Our job is to, I mean, not only root for your team, but you might as well still root.
Speaker 2: For the Brewers to beat the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's still teams out there that could beat them, and they might be one piece away from making that happen.
Speaker 4: I'll say just one thing, and I'll try to make it quick. I think it's going to be impossible if they were to go to the NFL model, and if you went to the NFL model, I don't know if that's good for baseball. When we look at the NBA I think that we're off this high of the Knicks winning and how great that was, and maybe this current system allowed the Knicks to win this title. But I would also make an argument that the previous winners of the you know, last five years or so, benefited from what the NBA is now, and I don't know if that's necessarily good for the NBA, who also thrived on dynasties in top teams. I think it works great for football to have parody, but I don't know if it works great for the NBA and for Major League Baseball to have that sort of parody.
Speaker 3: And by the way, great stuff, dB Dan byer Is Cavino and Rich Fox Sports Radio get to your phone calls eight seven to seven ninety nine on Fox. Is it safe to say that no one's cleared house, cleaned house more than Rich's Mets? You got Luke Weaver on the Pirates, right, you got Clay Holmes to Chicago. It's like they're just they're just getting rid of every pretty Peralta to the race, Peralta to the race.
Speaker 1: Are they the team that Tyrone Taylor Tyrone Taylor to the Cubs. It seems that way, right, It seems like the Mets had a lot of pieces that could benefit other teams. So some some of our Clay Holmes man, he's he could be dangerous in the right situation. Clay Holmes has been the former Yankee now former Met. Clay Holmes has been a very reliable middle of the rotation guy. And as you know, he formerly was a great guy out of the bullpen. So Clay Holmes is a great pickup.
Speaker 4: So Yank's just accorded Elie Ramos from the San Francisco Giants, So adding a bat to the.
Speaker 3: Nice Can I tell you it's checking his stats?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It's such a dude.
Speaker 1: It's such a mind f when your team is on the bad side of the trade deadline, because then you're even thinking about football more, right, Like if your baseball if you love all your sports, you know, relatively equally if your baseball.
Speaker 2: Team is in it, Danny g.
Speaker 1: As much as you're pumped about the Raiders trade deadline and school ball and everything, your Dodgers are doing, like you're locked in Yo, you're on the right side of the trade deadline. When you're on the weak ass side of the trade deadline. It's like you told us last week. This is what you wanted. I said, you'd rather they fall in their face. I rather the Mets win sixty something games, would be so bad that they just have to, you know, kick the Eskimno used to do when he was losing a Nintendo game.
Speaker 2: Kick the restart button with your toe.
Speaker 1: I'd rather the Mets kick the restart button with their toe and just figure out a new, a new, fresh start.
Speaker 2: But they've trip.
Speaker 3: Over, trip over the power cord by accident. Oh sorry, I guess we're gonna have to restart.
Speaker 2: But uh, ellie o. Ramos by the way, two sixty four with.
Speaker 3: Nine home runs this season, and yeah, I guess the Yankees could use him, but still they need that right handed bat. These here's what's interesting about today. There's still got a there's still moves being made, of course, you know, so I think.
Speaker 2: This is this is just to start for the Yankees.
Speaker 3: They still got got to get that right handed catcher to guarantee they're getting somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeh, But I mean that's that's a hard ask, like who are they right handed catchers that are solid? Just you know, on standby, fingers crossed, we'll find out. Ramos is good. But he's not that guy they needed. All right, well, hey eight seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox, Danny is on stand by waiting to say hi. If you want to chime in on the trade deadline and your thoughts on the Dodgers. Can you admit you're jealous or do you think there's genuinely a problem in Major League Baseball? Because there's one of two ways you can look at it, as Dave Roberts didn't. Dave Roberts say, hey, listen, we're just a well run The front office is just.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's a lot of sour pusses. Like as much as I like the guy. Sports Illustrated or former Sports Illustrated writer Jeff Pearlman, he went on his rant on his social media page like I just don't get it. There was a lot of pride in a team, a scrappy team. He used your eighty six Mets as a good example of like a team right, a team that struggled but then got the right pieces, made some solid moves, groomed a few key players, and they played together to make it happen something to cheer about because it wasn't expected. It's like a miracle team that went all the way He's like, when you buy all these players, or get all these players, however you want to look at it, and you create these super teams just full of all stars. It's like, I just don't get it. So I see that look, but it is a sour puss sort look. You know what it's like, Hey, that's just how it is. So either you're going to complain about it, or you're going to compete.
Speaker 1: Ask yourself, do you rather do you rather root for a team where it's like you're rooting on their like underdog run or like there are times where the team is projected to be so good that anything less is like.
Speaker 2: A disappointment, And yeah, that's it. I don't know, Danny.
Speaker 1: Like you're a Dodger, so you're the Dodgers fan of the room. Are you expecting a three pig jet promans?
Speaker 2: Like what do you what are you rooting for?
Speaker 3: Like you're just buying players, you're just creating super teams.
Speaker 2: I don't feel that way, Danny. Just make it clear, Like that's the flip.
Speaker 5: Say they have likable guys in their clubhouse, including their manager, and you still need chemistry. You do need chemistry, and you got to produce on the field. The bottom line, you could be a paper champion all you want. We saw what happened three and a half four years ago. The Dodgers out, Exit, Exit, and they were called chokers. Everybody laughed and made jokes about them. And it's so it's surprising to me that now three and a half four years later, we're into this conversation.
Speaker 3: Man, And because the business side of things is a big part of what we're looking at, you know, but the chemistry still matters. Your thoughts will get to your feedback next Cavino and Rich right here on Fox Sports Radio. We'll take your thoughts on the Dodgers. Like I said, and I have thoughts about the NFL where I'm I'm turning the page. Man, my Mets there, I don't even I can't even name everything. They had an everything must go liquidation sales today. You know, they're like they're like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you know after Halloween when spired Halloween just has like you can buy anything like a dollar.
Speaker 5: Rich, your Mets are the perfect example of not being able to buy a championship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, I mean, it doesn't work that way. Doesn't work that way.
Speaker 1: I mean the mets on paper, right, you would be like, dude, the paid soda all the money, Lindor. Oh they got Simon and Polanco and oh they got Freddy Peralta for their rotation. Who's stunk like it? Just it doesn't mean it works out. But for the Dodgers when it does work out, it looks unfair because we're all secretly jealous the brother Oh.
Speaker 3: Wait, dude, if we root against the Dodgers, right, which is gonna be more fun to do? And they let's say they fall short. What a great lesson in proving that you can't just buy these things and make these things happen. And how great is that going to be? What they say rich, The bigger they are, the harder they fall. That's a hard fault to have all those players and not win it all.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's something to look out for me. And it makes it more interesting. Just not a starter that rotation.
Speaker 2: I saw.
Speaker 1: I saw a little graphic on Instagram where they were going over the best starting pitching rotations of all time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they put that my expectations.
Speaker 1: They put that nineties Braves team in there, where like you know, if you weren't facing Maddox you were facing Glavin or Smaltz. Right, Remember Steve Avery had his moments and then the old school Dodgers back in the day, like you Don Drysdale And there was even a who else was in this meme? But they said now the current day Dodgers could very well be that rotation.
Speaker 2: Y'a'm a moto snell se it's insane, you know.
Speaker 3: I was like, uh, you know, did you talk to your mom about thing like or is someone who really just doesn't know what's going on? I'm like, put it this way, mom. He just went back to back Cy Young Awards and he's probably the best picture in the league, and the Dodgers got him. Now, by the way, the last raining see guesses. I'll have a trivia question for you and I'll give you the answer on the way back. What was the last time when was the last time a Ragining Cy Young Award winner was traded that next season during the deadline?
Speaker 2: I have a guess. All right, well you know what.
Speaker 1: Hold that guess and I'll give you the answer next. Covino and Rich right here on Fox Sports Radio. We got more next.
Speaker 3: Welcome back Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio MLB trade deadline Monday, and speaking to baseball, let's talk about the radio silence with the Women's Professional Baseball League their debut over the weekend, to make matters worse, maybe the worst in aug your old national anthem of all time.
Speaker 2: If you haven't heard it, you will.
Speaker 3: Plus we got to talk Jonah Hill and we're giving away prizes.
Speaker 2: Do you want to time of homes? You're giving away prizes today.
Speaker 1: Do you want to take a time take a time out from the show. Let's pay pair, pay respects to the country.
Speaker 2: Stand up? Oh okay, I for saym hit it? Oh see can you see by? But bye? What so proud?
Speaker 6: We why nast?
Speaker 2: Please please make it stop? Rocks drive sam ry sweet? Why we're so calm? I can't take my hand over my heart. I need to come in my ears. It's disrespectful stopping it more disrespectful. Letting it go? Oh same? Oh the land on the and the home.
Speaker 3: Bred I love how the other the absolute worst national anthem these ears have ever heard. Frank Dreben uh Enrico Palazzo sang a better Leslie Nielsen sang a better.
Speaker 2: Nagel anthem than Carl Lewis.
Speaker 3: Hearted it you gotta you gotta feel bad. No, I don't feel bad. Someone's not doing their j There was no test run. Someone couldn't step up and say maybe next time.
Speaker 2: There had to be that.
Speaker 1: That's all now that someone's like probably mom or grandma so was an older black woman.
Speaker 3: This isn't the make a wish national anthem. Get out of here, man, like you have to earn that. Get out of my face with that. That's their first ever national anthem. It was the women's Professional Baseball league debut this weekend, and that's how they kick it off. Dude, dude, I know that reminds me of that reminds me of the Twilight Zone because this doo.
Speaker 2: Dooo do do do.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't have I would I wouldn't have known this league made its debut without that national anthem?
Speaker 1: What And it seems women playing baseball very cool?
Speaker 3: So that's that's the Dan Byer makes a great point. It really does, because this is the most you've seen about it. But it's something very cool and we should be talking about it.
Speaker 4: It's also fitting one of the teams their name is Starving Coyotes, and so no I'm kidding, but that's what it sounded like it sounded like the pack that live up in Santa Clarita.
Speaker 3: I make sounds in the bathroom that sound better than that. I'm no, you're gonna this is gonna blow your mind. How did this fun fact drop past me? That's Martha Reeves, who is the lead singer of the motown group Martha and the Vandellas, who is a famous motown group back in the day.
Speaker 5: So now, Sam emphasis on, back in the day, we'll play some in Van.
Speaker 1: Now. There must have maybe an ear piece issue or something. It doesn't seem that way though.
Speaker 3: It just seems like lost leadership issues. Someone should have said, you know what, Martha, I appreciate you, but maybe not this year. Maybe next time, dude, someone needs to step in. Was there not a sound check?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, that's bad, bro, That's just bad. So I'm sorry to subject you to that. But it's gone very viral and Dan's right now people are reminded at least that, yeah, that happened this weekend. Women's baseball, which is kind of cool man, so very cool.
Speaker 2: Who gives her redemption? Savannah Bananas?
Speaker 1: Some MLB team who's going to be the one that there's gonna be some redemption story if she wants it.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to hear what happened.
Speaker 3: And in those two, who are the two ladies who would just make it so somber and miserable?
Speaker 1: Oh harmonizing, Chris, Yeahage, all right, well you know what, Oh god, bitch, here's what we should do. Let's go to let's go to Dan Buyer for an update, and then we'll take your phone calls on the Dodgers, the trade deadline or things fair.
Speaker 2: Are you jealous? We'll get to all that. What's up, Dvate.
Speaker 4: I've got so many trades written down on this piece of paper, including one that I just wrote down as The Cleveland Guardians have just acquired pitcher Foster Griffin from the Washington Nationals. The Guardians earlier today acquired outfielder Joe Adell from the Angels. The Angels were busy dealing players. Brent Suitor, the reliever goes to the Braves. Starter Jose Soriano goes to the Toronto Blue Jays, the Red Sox acquiring Orioles catcher Adley Rutchman.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 4: Baltimore also sent out fielder Taylor Ward to the Seattle Mariners for three pitchers. The Cubs got pitcher Clay Holmes from the Mets along with outfielder Tyrone Taylor. New York gets infielder Jefferson Rojas as part of the deal. Mets also traded pitcher Luke Weaver to the Pittsburgh Pirates. Brewers acquired starter Dustin May reliever Jojo Romero from the Cardinals. They also just got Antonio send Zetela from the Colorado Rockies to shore up their bullpen. Marlinson catcher Liam Hicks to the Tampa Bay Rays. The Philadelphia Phillies acquired second baseman Luisa Rising a deal earlier today that will force Bryce Harper to move from first base to the outfield. Giants also del pitcher Robbie Ray to the San Diego Padres. Cavino's Yankee signed or excuse me, acquired outfielder Elliott Ramos from the San Francisco Giants. White Sox got catcher Joey Bart from the Braves. I know I may have missed a trade here or there.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: Dalton Varshow goes from the Blue Jays to the Houston Astros in a trade. Orioles also traded reliever Tyler Wells to the Tampa Bay Race. As for Rangers, pitcher Jacob deGrom declined as no trade clause, he'll be staying in Texas. Usc A Notre Dame will renew their college football rivalry starting in twenty thirty. Schools agreed to a four year deal. The first two games of the series will be played in Week one of the twenty thirty and twenty thirty one seasons. The Chicago Bears will be without safety Kobe Bryant for the next eight to ten weeks. He hyper extended his knee in practice today. ESPN says he suffered a bone bruise and a small fracture in his leg. Niners wide receiver Mike Evan sent out practice because of a quad strain. AJ Brown, the Patriots wide receiver, told the NFL network he dislocated his thumb and practice, but returned to the workout. Kenny Pickett's going to start a quarterback for the Panthers in Thursday's Hall of Fame game against the Cardinals, and Mauricio Pochettino has signed a contract extension. He'll continue to manage the US men's national team through the twenty thirty World Cup.
Speaker 5: Guys back to you.
Speaker 2: No thanks t BB and dB.
Speaker 1: The Cubs, like you said, got my dude, Clay Holmes honor a Clay Holmes Cubs. Cubs are on pace for over ninety wins themselves. So there's a couple of National League teams that could be sneaky and you never know, I said, I know they look unbeatable, but you never know.
Speaker 2: Kuff.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the Cubs, you know, congrats, Clay Holmes has a lot of potential. He's going to help their team definitely. But watching the Yankees play night games at Wrigley some Inner League play over the weekend on Fox just felt so big dude. It felt like playoff atmosphere. It's just felt really cool to see. So just just a observation I made over the week.
Speaker 1: Is that one of those like you know you're old when you remember when Cubs only had day games.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely, but you know, just coverage it just felt and they were picture duels all weekend.
Speaker 2: Just felt really cool.
Speaker 3: So we're getting into the nitty gritty of it and moves are still being made. So stick around for DP He's got your updates, and stick around for show time. A Homes Trivia but you know, live from training camp. But we got to go to the phones.
Speaker 2: Dodgers, Evil Empire? Are you jealous?
Speaker 6: Is wrong?
Speaker 2: Is it okay? Your thoughts? What do we got?
Speaker 5: Danny Louis in Vegas, Louis, what's up?
Speaker 2: Louis?
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, I love the show.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks man? What's up?
Speaker 7: Relatively listening? I've been listening to you guys every day for about a few months now. But I just you guys be very easy to relate to, you know, being in my forties, you know, just the old school WW references.
Speaker 3: All that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Relate to.
Speaker 7: Love this show. You got my new number one show, so I love it perfect. Anyways, I was talking to Danny g about this. It's just no one's really you haven't ever seen anyone talk about it. But in the playoffs typically you go with the four man rotation. So the way I'm seeing is scooball your Mamoto Otani Snell is the glass down, not out of the rotation.
Speaker 2: I mean, could you meet a guy that would be other teams ace?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's wild right right, and I assuming everyone's healthy obviously, but I mean, in fact, if that you know, comes to fruition that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I think the met Uh, the Dodgers are just getting these big names for insurance because they don't know the health of a lot of these dudes.
Speaker 2: But so if if fall healthy.
Speaker 5: Going, everybody was healthy, Glass now would probably be the odd man out. He'd be in the bullpen.
Speaker 1: Or maybe a guy like Otani is suited to do that. Remember Yamamoto, he wanted to He could pitch whenever you want him to. That guy, Remember he was willing to go.
Speaker 2: Love that. Yeah, he gave seven. So anyway, let's see as we got Danny.
Speaker 5: Well, let's talk to Gary. He's in upstate New York.
Speaker 2: What's up? Yeah, State New York. How Sorry?
Speaker 6: Man, Hey, guys, how you doing.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 6: I'm in a weird situation. I'm in a weird situation. I grew up in Cincinnati, a diehard Reds fan. I've lived in southern California several times. So my Dodgers are the second team, right. I'm in full favor of a hard salary cap and a hard salary floor. Make these broke owners sell the teams to somebody who cares and wants to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never feel bad. I never feel bad for billionaires that don't want to spend. But from a standpoint of like, well, do we really want to limit how much they could pay people?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe you have to, Yeah, I mean we've talked about the numbers before.
Speaker 2: I realize.
Speaker 5: I understand the Dodgers have a little more money than everybody else, but we've talked about how they reinvest seventy what is it, seventy three percent of their revenue back into their roster. And there's other teams that spend thirty percent, you know what I mean. So you have to have an owner that's willing to put a lot of the money made back into the team.
Speaker 2: Rich has a football rant. He wants to go on showtime.
Speaker 3: Maholmes is gonna be here giving away prizes next hour, live from training camp, So stick around for that. But before you talk a little football, Rich Danny g has an interesting point. He's the Dodgers fan, right. I think a lot of us admit we're just jealous. We're jealous they're making moves good for them, but we also admit there's no guarantee. Dude, there's just not So how great is it going to be when the Giants fall? I don't mean the San Francisco Giants. I mean the Giants the Dodgers fall, you know, because they could lose. There's no guarantee they're gonna win. So, Danny G, what's your gripe or what's your angle here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not a gripe. I just don't understand. As a Dodger fan and all the other Dodger fan, are we supposed to also join in on the This is ridiculous. It's the end of baseball's ruining it. We need a salary cap. Are we supposed to pile on too? Because in the chat I'm seeing, don't justify these shenanigans, Danny G.
Speaker 2: Dodgers. All that is evil.
Speaker 5: So if the Dodgers, you know, are sitting there and they know they're gonna get hate, who cares? Are they supposed to sit on their hands and be like, well, you know what, we're having issues with the starting pitching staff right now due to injuries. You know what, though, let's not make any moves because a lot of baseball fans already hate us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't not Yeah, what do you? Dodgers are still trying a three peat. They're not gonna be like well, you know, we don't want to upset anyone.
Speaker 5: You know, because then imagine they go on a horrible losing streak the way that they just got swept by the Red Sox because of the second half of their starting rotation.
Speaker 1: Don't be silly, now, don't don't talk about don't talk ridiculous like, oh, they're gonna fall out of one.
Speaker 2: Oh but I'm just saying what record?
Speaker 5: But what if they fell on their face because of those injuries to their starting rotation, and then what would fans say, Well, the Dodgers weren't all in on that three peat. They didn't make moves at the death blind Dodgers, you can't win as a fan of that team.
Speaker 1: Dodgers are ten games up in the division, they're going to win the division, and they are one thousand. Moves don't always translate though, all right, Well, maybe players don't always work out. Maybe not a lot of question mark, maybe not one thousand percent get the one or two seed. Because the Braves, the Brewers, and the Dodgers are all within two games of each other, so hey, they could be forced to play in that wildcard round, right, And then if you're forced to play in the wildcard round. It's best to three, right, only two teams g.
Speaker 2: I, I got advice for dogs.
Speaker 1: Only only two teams get that buye AM I correct in saying that, right, only two teams get to buy. The third division winner has to play in the wildcard round. So realistically, Danny, the bad way this could go bad for the Dodgers is if the Braves and the Brewers finish ahead of them, and now all of a sudden, you got to play three series to get to the World Series, and then.
Speaker 2: You know, anything could happen. But pitching so deep the glass now is like in your bullpen. Yeah, that's if everything.
Speaker 5: That's if all the pictures.
Speaker 2: Will turn healthy.
Speaker 3: If people are given Dodgers fans a hard time, you know, like Danny G said, what is he supposed to do? That's when you pull the Connor McGregor and say, you'd like to apologize to absolutely nobody, nobody, because it's not your fault. Your team is kicking ass and they're making moves and they're going for three.
Speaker 1: It's not the fan with you know the advantage of Dodgers having I'll end it with this and then we'll move on to NFL. We're an NFL Football zone this week. The best way to think about it, Covenio, is you know, like you have to line up a series in the playoffs, like your third starter might have to start a series just based on how it works out. No matter where the Dodgers start the rotation, it's an ace and that is a major advantage in any series anywhere. There's no like, well, we got to start the divisional round with our number three guy.
Speaker 2: You number three guys?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Oh tani geez.
Speaker 1: More covenon retch next, Hey, let's go Monday, your first Monday of August. And also you last Monday without NFL football? How crazy is that?
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Well, if I were you and my team, the Mets, your Mets were selling everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd be looking forward to football too.
Speaker 3: In fact, you're gonna talk a little debo, right, and we got show time of Holmes this hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from Training's gonna be fun, man.
Speaker 1: And by the way, Danny, will you allow me to talk about Aaron Rodgers for ten seconds?
Speaker 2: Or no? Dude? Could I get ten seconds? Rogers timer?
Speaker 5: Sixty seconds?
Speaker 2: I won't even need that. Uh do you see? He did?
Speaker 1: Actually, as we speculated, he confirmed that it was his mystery wife, Brittany. They got him back together talking to his family.
Speaker 2: Hey, so he's doing good things. A good woman will change woman.
Speaker 1: And he also then called doctor Fauci a clown and a fraud and jokingly pleaded the fifth in his interview today.
Speaker 3: So they Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Remember our podcast is available wherever you streame your podcast, and we're streaming live at Coveno on Rich FSR. There's a live chat going up. And man, I can't believe the Yankees didn't get their catcher.
Speaker 2: Dude, Austin Wells, Bro, they don't want it. You know what. The Dodgers are gonna win at all. Yankee stink.
Speaker 3: Austin Wells's batting one sixty one.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 1: You could only make deals that are available. Don't act like a dumb fan like they got it. Sometimes you just can't do it, Dude, you.
Speaker 2: Can't it is.
Speaker 3: It's an academic, not a willing player. Teams, I should say, are not willing to get rid of their prospects the way other teams are, you know. And and Yankees are one of those teams I can't win with your catcher batting one sixty one. Damn by what's going on?
Speaker 4: Thank you allowing me this ten second, says I was doing the update, and right before the deadline, the Padres acquired Casey Miyes in a deal from the Tigers, So that was kind of the last big name that was out there. Clay Holmes, you know, your former Mets pitcher went to the Cubs. But of the big names that we thought were likely going to be moved, Myze was one of them, and he now is reportedly going to San Diego.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: And by the way, San Diego, they're in it. They're in the mix because right now that third wildcard, I mean they're very much in the mix. That third wildcard as we stand right now would be the Arizona Diamondbacks, who are one game ouead of the Padres. So the Padres could very well sneak in. The Marlins are somehow hanging in there. That whole NL Central is jumbled around five hundred.
Speaker 2: In the middle.
Speaker 4: The Phillies and Diamondbacks are tied for the second spot, so there's even more flexibility for the Padres.
Speaker 1: The reality is any of these teams rip off eight out of ten they're in a great spot, so like that is the fun of baseball. Meanwhile, the Dodgers are sitting pretty and Dodgers fans, you know, like when a Hawk girls like, yeah, but I'm not like parafect take you know, I'll get a pimple here, and then like, shut I'm a nerd. I'm actually I'm actually a nerd. That's like when Danny's like, yeah, but we got some injuries. Yeah you think Dodger Shut up. I don't know one of our five ast pitchers is not a hondo percento.
Speaker 3: You're right, right, And I want to hear a smoking Hawk girl talk about how she's in nerd because she wears glasses like superhero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like the Dodgers fans are the same thing. That's like when Danny's like, yeah, man, but we got some injury now.
Speaker 5: But I'm telling you Rich, you were saying, oh my god, look at all the aces back to back to bed. They're not going to have all those aces back to back to back unless they're all healthy. That's just a fact. There are people who have not watched any Dodger baseball this season. Yeah, yeah, there's people who have not watched Dodger Baseball, and they're making all these comments. So I'm just giving you info on what's actually happening with the team this season.
Speaker 2: I got you. I know it's not all sunshine of rainbows, but they still honestly rich.
Speaker 3: We're going to see like the trading deadline grades, and I'm giving the Yankees a d You you just acquired some guys, bro they acquired a bunch of people they didn't need you acquire. You acquired a guy that has more home runs on anyone than your team other than Ben Rice.
Speaker 1: Your acquisition of Luis Garcia Junior. You're just not familiar with him because he's an NL guy. I believe me, I was all over his stats the minute they got him.
Speaker 2: I knew who we were. You know what I'm saying, Like he's capable playing island.
Speaker 3: They didn't need. They needed specifically a right hitting bat. They needed maybe another arm in the bullpen. I mean, just really weak moves. But I mean, of course there's gonna be I'm being the example of a lot of other people who are either gonna be super pumped or complaining about what just went down.
Speaker 2: Well, because guess what, it's over.
Speaker 1: Who's a catcher that moved Atlee Rushman right, and guess what you're not.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna get him in your division.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna like Kevino's looking for a mystery catcher, dem Bill.
Speaker 5: They did trade him to the Red Sox.
Speaker 4: Then to you, Liam Hicks went from the Marlins to the Rays. The the other one was Joey Bart went from the Braves to the White Sox.
Speaker 3: Telling you as a fan and as a as a team that would compete with the Dodgers in the World Series and could possibly get there because they got the pitching. That's the piece they needed. Austin Wells is the weakest right now. He's arguably having the weakest offensive season of all time. And I know he's much much better than that Rich but this season is a nightmare for the guy.
Speaker 2: So anyway, go on.
Speaker 3: The Mets wants to hold your beer as they say, Yeah, I'm not going to cry about it. I'm just telling you my initial reaction because we're going to be seeing it throughout the rest of the night. People are gonna be talking about it and grading their moves and everything else. So that's just how I'm feeling at the moment. Otherwise, when dB luckily corrected me. Yeah, Rushman got traded in division, which is, you know, not usual, you know what I'm saying, not a usual thing. There was speculation and didn't go down, Danny G And I'm sure Cavino's thrilled about it. Well, actually there was speculation of a few teams that were looking at Jacob de Gram, but he said he wants to stay put in Texas because I thought that would have been you know, because maybe not a full season anymore for de Grom, but in little spurts, the Grom could still be as dominant as anyone. So I just felt like that would have been a big acquisition. But yeah, sure, but no one did it.
Speaker 5: All right, I got a question for you, Rich, Yeah, So Thursday Hall of Fame game, are you finally going to watch Quarterback on Netflix?
Speaker 2: This is the week, Danny J. This is the week today.
Speaker 1: When August hits, you know, like when a certain months hit, like you know, I don't know you ever like break Gully. Maybe in this month I'll break out my hoodies or you know what I'll do. I'll I'll close up. You know, on the East Coast, people close their pool. A certain month of the year. Come August first, Danny, I turn the page to football when my Mets think, so we are here, goodbye Mets.
Speaker 2: I may not watch another Mets game this year.
Speaker 1: I hate them. But you know what, I do love the NFL. There's one sport where you could watch any game of any two teams. And it's a fact that's like the common sentiment among any human NFL doesn't matter the matchup. You could watch any game in the NFL and you'll love and find the storyline.
Speaker 2: But you're not.
Speaker 1: Watching, you know, the Guardians versus the Rays on a now on a random Tuesday or something.
Speaker 3: Never. I mean, that's just the difference. Plus, I mean, to be fair rich and it's all cliche. And we've said this a million times. There's much more baseball than there is football.
Speaker 2: That is true. But I mean Thursday's game is sort of two bunk teams.
Speaker 5: The Cardinals, but they talk to the Hall of Fame inductee, Yeah, Drew Brees, Larry Fitzgerald, Luke Keigley, Adam Vinterry and your boy, Roger Craig.
Speaker 2: Roger Craig. Do you see the excitement?
Speaker 5: Oh, it was such a good video.
Speaker 1: What a great video, but no Panthers Cardinals, even though it's two teams where you're like, really you'll still watch, you won't even see the stars play, but it's still Football is back.
Speaker 2: Now your boy Debo is back. I know he's in good shape.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna turn my face and not look at Dann Bayer because his seahawk smug Super Bowl vibes You're gonna seep through the glass between us. So I'm gonna I'm gonna face this way and look at Danny g only when I say from mourning your back to dB. From what I see on social media and the clips from all my forty nine or fantage.
Speaker 5: You gotta be true.
Speaker 1: Then dee Bo looks sharp. He he looks in shape. Did you see the video where George Kittle was the first to greet him?
Speaker 5: This coming from the same Niner reporters that hell the Shanahan News.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you that the most reputable. You know, I got a few things, Deebo, Danny, I want to eat your clip.
Speaker 2: First Debo. He was asked whether or not it felt different this time around. It was different. It kind of felt like I didn't even go nowhere. To be honest, when I when I got back, I was just like, well, I know what's going on. I know the people here, staff still the same, So it's kind of like the same for real, No, for real, for real, for real.
Speaker 3: Part of the reason why they got him, and you know, they needed someone there. They need someone that understood the system. And with the limited Shanahan, he's that guy and that really doesn't need extra instruction.
Speaker 2: He's the dude. And if he shows up in shape, riche and then you're looking good.
Speaker 1: The one kind thing Dan Bayer did say about Deebo is that if there were one of the thirty two teams where Deebo would fit and do the best, it would be the Niners.
Speaker 2: But it looks like he came back thinner. There's one still shot.
Speaker 1: Remember when Wan Soto saw with the Mets, and there was a one pictu where his belly didn't look flattering.
Speaker 2: It was Ai. There's a picture of Debo again that's unflattered.
Speaker 1: It's like, look at Debo camp and he has one of those like you know, those back braces, but it looks like a woman sports bra he's wearing that. It looks like he is of like a belly like it's all unflattering to try to take my guy down.
Speaker 4: Here's the issue that I find with your forty nine ers. Yes, Mike Evans, by the way, I said, I'll practice today with the quad strain. Don't know that's the that's the issue.
Speaker 2: It's already happening.
Speaker 4: I think that we have seen in the past, whether it be Juwan Jennings last year, whether it be the years of Elijah Mitchell or Jordan Mason, that when those big guys go out, you have players that can respond and answer because the scheme is so good. It's just will those top players be available?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're right. I when I when I saw that Mike Evans news, I pulled the pee wee Herman. I put my fingers in my ears and went that la la la la la la. I was like, I don't want to hear this. And then Ricky piersall already out for the year. So the deebo thing does make sense. I think I'm gonna I'm gonna be a positive guy, right because there's so many fan bases and it's it's natural to be negative. I'm gonna be positive and say, debo, I'm not expecting one five years ago Deebo Samuel where he almost had two thousand total yards. He was a running back, a wide receiver, he was in everything. I'm not expecting that, but I'm expecting a Debo that could make explosive plays here and there that it seems to me, can you know better to have him than not to have him? Rocket number nineteen again, He does look in shape. He seems really happy, really really happy to be alongside George Kittle and McCaffrey and catching passes from Purdy. It looks like he's clicking, just like horsing around with Mike Evans. Like to me, it looks like the Niners culture. And I said it the other day on our show. Brandon Ayuk proved to be the anomaly because every guy on this team wants to remain there. They try to sun extensions. They want to be part of this culture. And it seems cool to have Debo back. In fact, he talked about it while signing with the team.
Speaker 2: So great to be back.
Speaker 8: We did an awesome job getting me back here, Jail, let's go, let's go nine.
Speaker 2: Good to be bad for sure, John Lynch getting it done.
Speaker 3: So I'm and it's one year, dude, so he's gonna play his hard out to maybe stay there even longer. It was a it was an obvious deal that had to be made. Man perfect fit. So well, we'll see how it goes. But I think all of us that's the fun of before the season starts. You can have all these fantasies of you know, my team's really gonna be great this year. That's that's the fun of football because there is so much parody. Like Dan Bayer described the parody in the NFL. We don't know if we could get that in other sports, but with the NFL it works. There's always that stat that we like four or five teams that made the playoffs the year before don't make it.
Speaker 2: There's always turnover.
Speaker 1: There's teams that have a couple of injuries that their season gets, you know, flipped upside down.
Speaker 2: It happens every year.
Speaker 1: So there is excitement and as I as I look to the TV screen aside and it says, Mike Evan's not practicing, I'm not gonna look that way. I'm not gonna look towards Dan Byer. I'm just gonna look straight ahead at you Cavino and let you know that. Thursday, it all begins, and we should all.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm happy for you on that, and I'm happy for Deebo. Dude, that's a really cool story.
Speaker 1: And he's a likable guy, so I meaning, you know, we had him on a show at the Super Bowl and I remember he looked a little Remember that the next day they found out that he was not gonna be on the Niners anymore.
Speaker 2: And you threw him a pass. We said it, deeb Douiebo to Deebo. Yeah, you know what, I'm gonna post that and say welcome back, buddy. Yeah, and think about this.
Speaker 3: We still got speaking of football, showtime mahomes coming by next hour giving away prizes. He's actually doing some trivia from training camp. But before we do that, Jonah Hill Rich the actor Jones actor Hill. You know he lost a lot of weight, right, he's always up and down, but he's been slimming trim for a minute now. Jonah Hill, think about this. This is according to bro Bible, but he was on a podcast. He was talking to Jason Bateman. He said something along the lines of he could beat up most people because he trains jiu jitsu. If you missed it, take a listen.
Speaker 2: I love Brazilian jiu jitsu.
Speaker 5: I love except my body is begging me to not love it.
Speaker 2: Forty two isn't.
Speaker 9: My wife is often like, you're not going to become like a professional fighter, you know that, right, Like you're a comedian.
Speaker 5: Like, but let me ask you something. If we got into it, I would, I would, yeah.
Speaker 2: And that's the best part.
Speaker 1: My favorite thing is people are like, oh, Jonah Hill, a fat guy from super Bow.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I would annihilate that.
Speaker 9: I'm not kidding every fight yet if you see me try it, fight ends up on the ground.
Speaker 2: Who's got it? Unless you are way bigger than me. I have like, whoa, what's he saying?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: We on the convenio and Richill love a great fight. You had UFC Fight Night this past weekend. Williams of paida with the upset over Lamont roach to the WBC lightweight strap over the weekend. In the the boxing, But when it comes to grappling and jiu jitsu and mixed martial arts, yeah, you always have an advantage.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 3: But Jonah Hill, there's something about him and I still underestimate it. Do you think he would whoop everybody's ass. Do you think he'd whoop your ass? Well, you're you're a two hundred pound guy that goes to the gym, you think he would whoop your ass?
Speaker 1: One nine five by the way, No, but Jonah Hill a quick thought though one might. I want to remind everyone the number one rule. If you're ever at a bar, restaurant, club somewhere and someone, let's say someone does try to pick something with you, you know you have a little altercation. If some guy's got messed up ears, immediately remove yourself from the situation.
Speaker 2: That's if he got califlower ears.
Speaker 1: Do you see a guy with one mangled ear and he's like sort of pushing a fight with someone in your circle of people? Never mess you immediately back, oh so sorry, sorry, and just leave.
Speaker 3: No, the culture has changed. Sebastian Maniscalco does a whole bit on that too. It's like, you know, back in the day, someone hits you with a shoulder, you know he might want to scrap a little bit. Nowadays, you don't know who you're messing with. They'll jump on yeah exactly, So I completely respect that, But I'm lose. Would you lose if you're an average fella who's in shape. Do you think that Jonah Hill would whoop your ass?
Speaker 1: I I'm telling you it's very hard for me to think Jonah Hill could beat me up. I'm not I'm not a fighter dude. And I just tell like, I know, he's not a big dude. I know he's saying, like, I know people look at me like I'm the fat guy from super Bad. But he does jiu jitsu.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 5: He'd have to get you on the ground.
Speaker 3: Not only that, I don't know he lost a lot of weight. Yeah, he's five foot seven. To put it in perspective, do you think that dude is beating most people? Let me give you the quote again, can beat up most people because he trains jiu jitsu. As most people ask most people listening, I was saying, let me ask you, you're you're what five'? Ten, yes you're a mental, MAN a kind. FELLA i look at, you AND i think he could probably beat Up Jonah. HILL i think he'd probably beat me.
Speaker 2: Up you'd just be laying there like hrying to.
Speaker 9: STOP i Just i'm Not i'm not in great. Shape you, know my legs are. Strong BUT i think he's his training would uh probably take me.
Speaker 2: Out it's a perspective sort of.
Speaker 3: Thing if guys Like jonahill And Mark zuckerberg could be whooping our, asses we might have to uh get in better shape and hit the octagon or. Something then he might have to Get we might have to hit up The Gracie.
Speaker 5: Brothers you beat Up Jonah. Hill if it was, BOXING i probably would be in trouble if we were. Grappling but but you. Do you don't let somebody like that get you on the. Ground, listen you, Know i'll be. Honest you know you want to be Like Jonah, Hill i'd whoop that NERD's.
Speaker 1: Ass you might think, that, Right but you, know some of my favorite VIDEOS i see on social, MEDIA i get such. Joy you ever see these videos where it's Like bully picks on the wrong kid and it's like some little duebis and he's like pushing some kid. Around all of a, sudden the kid's like ha, ba like get Some there's nothing more satisfying Then bully picks on the wrong kid.
Speaker 2: Videos so, hey you, know for all you.
Speaker 1: Know there'd be some meathead that steps To Jonah, Hill Jonah hill trips him and then puts him in like an arm bar and, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah props to. Him he is a smaller, dude AND i bet he could beat up a lot of. People not trying to take anything away from, him but if you're relatively in, shape, GUY i think you could still maybe hold your own on.
Speaker 2: HIM i, mean have you seen? Him think about?
Speaker 1: It BUT i did remember the other day was showing you cove that there's a guy instead of following where he finds all the biggest haters on social media that claim like What mayhem used to do ON mtv was his name or? Not show yeah bully beat. Down and what the guy does is he's, like you, know this guy says he's like the toughest guy in his.
Speaker 2: Town he messes with.
Speaker 1: Everyone it's like nerdy guy brings him to the, gym and this nerdy guy kicks everyone's.
Speaker 2: Ass so Maybe jonahill.
Speaker 3: Could BE i guess the reminder is, this you never underestimate. People you never know who you messing. With And Jonah hill said he'd whoop your.
Speaker 1: Ass all, Right, well, listen we're gonna Do mahomes Show Time. Trivia mahomes is. Back the NFL's back this, week so we'll give away some. Prizes we got. That cavino On rich Grilling. APRON i saw your dad was rocking that this. Weekend canveno In, jersey the whole family rocking. It, yeah it serves us. Purpose it's a good look. Perfect so we'll give away an, apron some, koozy some summer gear More coveno On. Rich you AND i sort of defined sports fans at the moment when your team's in it in, baseball you're so excited about the trade deadline today and what your team's gonna. Do if you're like, Me mets fan and your team's out of, it you're like.
Speaker 2: Sersday's, football, right, guys we were turning the.
Speaker 1: Page so it's very funny how depending on if your team stinks or they're, awesome where your head's at Early august because it's a turning. Point football starts this. Week and speaking of, which it's football. Season this, guy you're seeing him. Already Patrick, mahomes let's do it showtime, trivia.
Speaker 2: The mostly Lovable Patrick. Mahomes truth, IS i want everybody to love, me not just the. Refs it's time for SOME nfl. Trivia i'm, Here i'm. Here, yes we know you're here all, Right Patrick mahomes here to Play Showtime.
Speaker 5: Homes, trivia all, right live From Saint, Joseph. Missouri are? Broke Patrick mahomes joins Us.
Speaker 8: Jay hey pleaguer being here from training. Camp, Yeah, Jerry Western State. University how was practice this? Morning it's all, right not a whole lot to do out, here you. KNOW i think me and the guys are going to Either applebee's Or chillies later.
Speaker 2: On there's like not a whole lot going on. Here but, UH i have a big announcement to. Make. Okay. Uh you may have seen his clip over the.
Speaker 5: Weekend, yeah you're drinking the little pass off your lineman right.
Speaker 8: Head Not, well it's the clip Of i'm trying to throw To Andrew, armstrong he's a new rookie, receiver and the ball hits the head Of Hunter norse at.
Speaker 2: CENTER i just want everybody knows it's. Ai it's not even.
Speaker 8: Real so, okay, yeah, yeah so believe me when when the season, starts a whole different, ballgame it's going to be my strong arm To.
Speaker 2: Armstrong no worries is, fake, guys, fakes all, right even. Real glad you cleared that. Up let's meet the.
Speaker 5: Contests, hey, okay twenty seven time Winner Rich davis right over.
Speaker 2: THERE i missed the days of When ai Ment Ellen iverson.
Speaker 5: And twenty three time Champ Dan Byer, hello looking to win A cnr prize pack including that summer grill and apron on the studio. Lines the first three was our Friend nick In.
Speaker 2: Maryland Hey, Nick, hey by the, Way Hey, nick how's it?
Speaker 1: Going?
Speaker 2: Man BEFORE i forget my my pop, said can he get one of those? Aprons he's got to win. One he was just wondering if he can get the? Hookup is what he. Said your dad wants? One huh.
Speaker 5: Yeah i'll tell you what If nick fails in this, game all mailed mix to your, dad.
Speaker 2: Old, mark you know speak speaking of aprons and.
Speaker 1: Cooking, patrick are you one of the people that were secretly complaining That tailor Learned travis's wedding was a buffet because some people are complaining about.
Speaker 2: That they're, SAYING i feel.
Speaker 8: Like it ended too. Early that was another complaint THAT i, had you, know and it was a little too pack for my.
Speaker 5: Liking but, yeah all, right here are the rules For Showtime MAHOMES Nfl. Trivia the first contestant with two correct answers is the. Champ if there's a, tie we have a tiebreaker. Question your name is your, Buzzer but you gotta wait till all three possible answers are. Read if there's two wrong answers in a, row we move on to the next.
Speaker 2: Question are you? Ready let's do. It let's get it all round. One i'm here from training. Camp Patrick mahomes very pumped about the.
Speaker 8: Season it was A i am here to announce, that and, OKAY i WISH i had some money left to sign some more. Receivers WHICH nfl team still has the most available cap space right?
Speaker 3: NOW?
Speaker 2: A the forty nine ers be The titans OR C Commanders Nick Nick?
Speaker 10: Commanders No rich.
Speaker 2: Rich for this. DEAL i can imagine The. Titans, no you're forty nine, ers. Bozos seventy one point four nine?
Speaker 1: Million all?
Speaker 5: Right, Nobody, yeah, no, no nobody on the. Board yet we're going around.
Speaker 2: Too, hey my name is, Cooler patrick all the. Way.
Speaker 8: Patrick but who is the ONLY nfl team to have had two players on their roster at the same time Named? Dalvin DALVIN a The, COWBOYS B vikings OR c The Giants Nick Nick.
Speaker 10: Viking, yeah.
Speaker 2: There you.
Speaker 5: Go there it Is Dalvin cook And Dalvin. Tomlinson, hey, Yeah nick cafway to A cnr. Price back we go to Rich is.
Speaker 2: It didn't your mom used to wear Those Dalvin KLEIN t shirts back in the. Day funny, Story, covino Like dalvin and The.
Speaker 1: Chipmunks CAN i tell? YOU i was saying a funny story That i'm Sure patrick knows Through. Covino my mom shows up one time to lunch and she's wearing A Galvin klin. Shirt she bought a blueleg shirt by, mistake And i'm, like does your shirt SAY gk on? It she's like Why rachie AND i looked and it Was Galvin. Kline so love Those, Patrick hey speaking, up say hello on your mother for?
Speaker 5: Me you Will nick is halfway to a? Price, Yeah nick is halfway to a. Price. Pack we go to round.
Speaker 2: Three all, Right patrick mahomes here live from training.
Speaker 3: Camp.
Speaker 8: Yep what WAS i once quoted saying about DEDICATION a you can't take short cuts Be dedication and discipline both start in the film room or. See IF i was as dedicated to my team As Max crosby is To, vegas Then i'd have an arrowhead tattooed on my.
Speaker 2: Neck nick for the. Wind oh, hey you can't take no, shortcuts so, yeah, Buddy, nick you.
Speaker 5: Do wind up winning THE Cnr Summer grill and apron congratulations to victory.
Speaker 2: Speech oh, yeah victory, speech go, ahead all.
Speaker 10: Right i'd like to thank, everyone my, mom my dad for these years solicit and you, know be able to operate the.
Speaker 7: Radio love the.
Speaker 10: Show we're down In Ocean city for The white Marlond. Tournament if you look it. Up Michael jordan is, here and props to him and hopefully he.
Speaker 2: Wins there you, Go hey for shouting out.
Speaker 8: FAMILY i just want to shout out my brother and my dad for both embarrassing me all the. Time and, Hey, danny remember to hook him up with those aprons. Too if you got any, leftovers.
Speaker 5: Tell covino's pops THAT i will get an apron to.
Speaker 2: Him, hey you got. It hey you, guys you guys pumped up for some football or? What you can't wait For thursday or what or? WHAT i don't, know but, yeah, MAN i can't. Wait. Yeah, Wait, hey thank You.
Speaker 5: Patrick we'll see you later in the. Season, Hey i'm.
Speaker 2: Here it's great to see you, Guys patrick Home, water all, right we HAD i had a fun.
Speaker 1: Show we talked about The dodgers quite a bit and the trade, deadline and how could the average fan admit that they might just be jealous of what The dodgers have? Done because if you if you look at it that way and, say you know, What i'm just a little jealous of the fact that this already dominant team just Got Trek, scooble.
Speaker 2: Then you're just honest with. Yourself And baseball will figure this out in the next year or. So that's not our. Job that's above our pay.
Speaker 1: Grade also talked a little bit About Deebo samuel and SOME nfl. Stuff but there's a story that As danny g, said my, man it's a dangerous. Conversation our boss left Said Third. Rail Sophie cunningham made her comments about her feelings of trans athletes in women's sports right a couple of weeks ago made her, statement AND i have a thought About Sophie, Cunningham and by the, WAY i don't you feel like there's something to be said about such a subject that has such a small impact of people have to really attach themselves to you, know there's only there's only TEN i guess you would say registered trans athletes out of more than half a million collegiate athletes around the.
Speaker 5: World.
Speaker 1: Ten it's like to, ME i just feel like it's it's like it's such an odd topic to really.
Speaker 2: Die on that you die on that. Hill like the discourse far exceeds the actual, topic.
Speaker 9: Like THE i am SAM i hear a million, Percent like it just gets it gets twisted in so many. Directions i'm really.
Speaker 1: Tired the cases are so far and few between that when people are, well you know my thoughts are on trans people in, sports it's, like you mean a situation that'll happen one out of a bazillion, Times LIKE i said. Ten so we're talking about ten trans athletes currently right now in out of five hundred thousand In United states collegiate. Sports that means it's forty minimum forty states that don't even this is not even an.
Speaker 2: Issue disregard. Disregard if there's.
Speaker 1: Ten that means it's at least forty, states because a couple of these trans athletes could be from the same.
Speaker 2: States so we're talking about forty plus, states.
Speaker 1: Not even, Issue but it becomes an issue because people love to attach themselves to these hot Button instagram TikTok clickable, things right And, danny you sent it to me. Earlier the latest was Trans Kids, belong was a shirt worn By Minnesota links Coach Cheryl, reeve and it became one of the biggest talking points because every Time Sophie cunningham got the ball that game there was some booze in the. Crowd and, AGAIN i don't really care your stance on. IT i think Everything Sophie cunningham, said and a lot of people, do is completely. Reasonable she says she has love for, everyone love for people in the trans. Community she just doesn't think biologically born men that are trans should be competing in women's, sports which to me is a pretty reasonable thing to. SAY i don't think that's. Controversial in, Fact steve and and and a bunch of other people have come and Said Sophie cunningham didn't say anything like out of.
Speaker 2: Pocket she, said you got love for. Everyone but this is how she.
Speaker 1: Feels AND i bring this up because on a way lighter, note have you seen like wherever she goes now there's a bunch of quote supporters of, her and you know what it reminds me of you know when you see people that root for your team and you're, like, OH i hate THAT i root for the same team as. Them you ever go to a, Game Danny You're raiders saying you're going to A raiders game and he, says some Drunk raiders fans or something act in a fool and you're, like and there's a, party and it's, LIKE i hate that we're rooting for the same.
Speaker 5: Thing of, COURSE i think everybody has seen that underbelly side of your fan base where you're, like why did they have to represent the same.
Speaker 1: Team i'll be A niner game And i'm, like, OH i look at that a hole over, there you, know drunk standing on a chair going look get person bang Bang niners game That i'm, like, OH i hate. THAT i hate that we have the same, interest BECAUSE i don't want you to be. Happy you gotta feel Like Sophie cunningham feels that. Way she's, like ALL i did was give my opinion on something you, asked and now she has like the complete right wing reputation of the rightest of right wing, people showing up at outside of arenas she's playing in being LIKE i stand With, sophie and she's probably, THINKING i don't want you standing with.
Speaker 7: Me.
Speaker 5: Yeah her original comments WERE i think it's kind of common, sense and now she's like the face of what some people want to be a. Movement that's What i'm, Saying.
Speaker 2: Like Sophie cunningham said nothing more THAN i, mean the original quote was.
Speaker 1: Simple she, SAID I i have love for. EVERYONE i have love for the trans. COMMUNITY i just don't think it doesn't gie for me in women's. Sports and, now like you're, Right, danny it's almost being. Forced that is she the face of like the right wing, movement.
Speaker 5: And that's what happens when politics gets into.
Speaker 2: Sports, yeah that's why it gets.
Speaker 1: Tricky and it's just a reminder to everyone that it's it's wild to think these hot button.
Speaker 2: Issues and do you click on the stuff on social? Media sam or do you avoid?
Speaker 9: IT i mostly avoid. It like people send stuff to me and they're, like what's your? Response and my response is, LIKE i think we're still trying to figure all this.
Speaker 1: Stuff if you're an, athlete, right let's say you're in THE wnba or any sport for that, matter gues training camps happening now And i'm sure there's probably some reporters that will ASK nfl players to try to catch them off, guard, like, hey you, know Justin Herbert hey brock, party what do you think about just what do you think about biological men and women's, sports the trans. Community they're going to try to catch people off. Guard if you're an, athlete how do you answer that, Question Danny? Sam how do you answer? It if you're an athlete media? Training do you give like the no? Comment did you? Earlier fauci and say?
Speaker 5: No earlier on the show and even recently on the, show you said it's above our pay. Grade that's WHAT i would. Do i'd be, Like i'm, sorry it's above ALL i.
Speaker 1: Get you, KNOW i get paid to catch a. FOOTBALL i get paid to hit a. Baseball that's not a politics and sports and you, know not my. Avenue BUT i just thought that was interesting, that whether she wants it or, not just by saying that one, statement, which by the, way if you, noticed it wasn't even said with any, seriousness almost like happiness in her, voice Like, HEY i love, everyone BUT i just you, KNOW i stand by my, morals and my morals tell me, that you, KNOW i don't think biological men trans women should be in women's. Sports that that alone got her crowds of people everywhere she, goes probably supporters she doesn't.
Speaker 2: Want, well it was it started with the interview in.
Speaker 9: Print then she was asked a follow up question on you, know during an interview before one of their games, recently and she stood her.
Speaker 5: Ground she kind of like answered it.
Speaker 9: Again she can reaffirm some of her stances and then, yeah it's kind of taken off from.
Speaker 2: Here you.
Speaker 1: Know the other problem is on any side of politics or sports or, anything it is problematic when if someone doesn't agree with, you then they're. Wrong that's something that's new to our. Generation back in the, day people can disagree on all types of things and it just you, know we disagree on.
Speaker 5: Things, well when you're in the sports, lane you have to at least try to look at both sides and be somewhat neutral because we're talking to the entire, country, Right.
Speaker 2: So you don't want to upset, people but you.
Speaker 5: Can't and then the people in the chat are, saying got to make a business. Decision that's a cop out. Answer but if you're sports not really because you, guys you And coveno from time to time have discussed things that where politics have gotten into, sports and you both have tried to stay down the.
Speaker 2: Middle we'll keep in mind if you're down the middle of because that's genuinely how you. Feel.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, listen there's Some republicans things And democratic. Things i'm a mix of all these. THINGS i don't But i'm saying what In Michael, jordan what? Was what has he been criticized?
Speaker 2: For he wanted to guard his. Brand he stayed out the famous quiet was the famous was it the famous call Like republicans by sneakers?
Speaker 3: Too?
Speaker 1: Yep or something so like? What he got criticized for not speaking. Up but then if you speak up with your, truth then you're you're gonna find yourself in the. Middle, yeah, man that was do you? Think Thank god you don't have to deal with that as a professional. Athlete we'll see you guys. Tomorrow enjoy Your, monday your last you last few days before the. End time for you to Watch quarterback On that begins, Tonight danny G i will, watch So i'll let you know WHAT i think of the first few episodes. Tomorrow we'll see you. Then until, THEN A riada There Chie, baby see, you and the promise saying go.
Speaker 2: Bye