Speaker 1: The volume NFL playoffs. We're talking about NFL playoffs. You bet we are getting on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL. Score and touchdown is the key to winning NFL playoffs and the key to you scoring big betting on them at Draft Kings, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet, Try betting on something as simple as a player to score six Go to Draft Kings sports Book app. Make your pick. Here's another reason to bet your favorite player to crush it in the playoffs. New customers bet five dollars can get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly score big doing the NFL playoffs with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Download the Draft Kings sports Book app. Use Code Money Moves, that's Code Money moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bet instantly when you bet just five bucks only at Draft Kings Sportsbook.
Speaker 2: The Crown is.
Speaker 3: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in Westbridgin you visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: All right, don't Joe check us out?
Speaker 1: The Patriots have hired Mike Bravel as the next head coach. Robert Kraft will replace one of his former players with another and hope to improve the real results. Brabel is the first coach since nineteen fifty to directly succeed another coach where both played together in the NFL as teammates. Since bars Greg took over for Bart Star as the Packers head coach in nineteen eighty four, there might be a possibility to bring Josh McDaniels back as offensive coordinator. Considering that Josh, before we talk about Mike Brabel, it seems to me the only place Johsh McDaniels can have success is in New England. Wait a minute, we'll stop right there.
Speaker 4: The only place Josh mcdanie could have success is in New England when he has Tom Brady at the helm.
Speaker 1: Well, he did go to the playoffs when he had a Matt Jones. Remember Matt Jones' rookie year he had make that went ten and six. Then he goes to remember he goes to the Raiders, he gets the Raiders job. Coach Belichick had this brilliant idea that I think Bill O'Brien was the coach for one year, and then Bill O'Brien leaves, and then he has two of his slappy homies come in there, Matt Patricia and Joe Judge, guys that have never called him offensive play at all their life.
Speaker 2: One of the special teams coach. The other is a DC.
Speaker 1: And you know what our first round draft pick as a quarterback that made the Pro Bowl as a rookie, that ended up taking us to the playoffs. We want to have two guys in his ear that's never ever called him offensive play?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think about this?
Speaker 1: For me, I'm disappointed that mister Craft did not give Gerardmeo more time. Might be interesting to see if Brabel struggles and not have a great record. The likelihood of him moving on with Brabel after year is not very likely. Now, everybody else that mister Craft has had not grated. He had coach Belichick from two thousand until twenty twenty three, right to twenty four. But coach Belichick was five and eleven. He got another, he got it the great Beard next year. We know what happened to when the Super Bowl and they take off. But do you like the higher of Mike Brabel? I mean I like it. I like it, but I don't see much changing. I don't see much changing.
Speaker 4: Depending on how the draft go, depending on what they getting cre agency, then you get some pieces in there that can help defensively, that can help offensively, things might change.
Speaker 1: But I don't see.
Speaker 4: It to be a quick turnaround that fast. I've never seen the team turn around that fast. The quarterback position, obviously, Drake may is good. He showed flashes of brilliance. Then he's had some luss. Obviously, you get that with a rookie quarterback. Depending on his growth and how much better he gets from from now to the next season.
Speaker 1: Then I think things will be okay for them.
Speaker 4: But I don't see him making that kind of jump where he just the dynamic of that team in general, and all of a sudden they turn it around and win ten eleven some games.
Speaker 1: No, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: But if they do, if they do have a lot of season again, the least for Rabel will be much longer than the least for Drawn Mayo.
Speaker 1: Buffalo's in that division. They're not going anywhere any time soon. They got a quarterback Josh Allen can't be beat no more than what twenty seven to twenty eight years of age.
Speaker 2: They got a young team.
Speaker 1: They got James Cook, young receivers, young talented tight ends, good offensive line, they got some pretty good pass rushing. They got Ed Oliver, they got Russou. So you know, vonn is a little long.
Speaker 2: In the two.
Speaker 1: Matt Mlone came back, made some impact players today. I think they can get a little better at the corner position with Buffalo. I think that's something maybe they're looking to maybe get another pass rush or something like that, maybe a fucking lineback or range or safety that can take.
Speaker 2: The ball away.
Speaker 1: But Buffalo ain't going anywhere because they got that seventeen back there, so they're gonna be they go, They're gonna be.
Speaker 2: There for a while. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But listen, listen, listen. Drink drink made is good though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, I mean, listen some of the flashes you know I've seen from him. I'm like, Okay, the Patrios, the Patriots got them one, now, okay, but then it's like, what God, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: They're gonna leave them?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, most definitely. It's definitely he's not a He's not a CJ. Shroud. He's not a Jaydon Davis. No, he not there yet.
Speaker 4: You know, changing the dynamic of your franchise and offense at the staff of the figure with your player.
Speaker 1: And get him him, get some wide receiver, get some players, because what what C. J. Stroud had is they had Tank Dale, he had Nico Collins, he had a Noah Brown, he had They get Dalton Jogency, so they need that. They had a solid offensive line. The offensive line was really good.
Speaker 2: First year.
Speaker 1: They weren't so good this year. Uh Thompson. If I'm not mistaken, I think Tompson made the pro bow last year. I don't think he made it this year. He got nicked up defensively. Uh they were, they were really good. But I like Drake May. But their look, oh cho, they got one hundred and thirty million dollars in cap space.
Speaker 2: I ain T Higgins.
Speaker 1: I'm calling T Higgins the hey cause you know, oh Joe, you got that what they call that, that window with which you could like Tampa, the Tampa window.
Speaker 2: I'm tampering. Hey, we got right down.
Speaker 1: We got five years, one hundred and sixty million dollars for Tea Higgins. We got eighty We got probably seventy five to eighty million dollars guarant fully guaranteed. Right, I'm gonna put the pressure on.
Speaker 4: Them six year, six year, twenty million, ninety guaranteed.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they're gonna go back because because because here's the thing, what.
Speaker 4: Do they do agency They're gonna overpay.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing that I know, the more you give T, the more you gonna have to pay Jamar. So if you give T six years to two f T get a So he's gonna come back with that to the bagels. So if you give t Higgins fake for two for two hundred, once you gotta give Chase, he's gonna want Joe Burrow money. You got that boy, you deserve. He deserves you what he deserved. Do you got it? It ain't my part. Listen if I had it, If I had it, he would have been paid last year. He wouldn't listen.
Speaker 4: If it was me, he wouldn't even win into this season without a bag Because I know it. I know what you're gonna give me. I know what it looked like. I'm not even gonna question myself. Yeah, blackfold, Well how much you want?
Speaker 1: Matter of fact? Matter of fact, yes, Jamal, matter of fact. Here you take the check, I'm gonna leave it.
Speaker 4: Blame you put what you want on them because I know what I thought you're gonna give me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 1: That's why I couldn't be I couldn't be no owner. But me O.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 1: You said something very interested the first time you said it's not your money.
Speaker 2: When it comes to your money, you a lot more thrifty with is your money?
Speaker 1: Like when you buy a car, would you buy a high would you do all the stuff? Hey? Hey, when somebody say, hey, you know this is on us, Hey, first class, make sure we do depth to one. Uh, you know we got this car service picking us up ay. As a matter of fact, hey you hey, I got got the two airline ticket. They taking care of it. So it's easy to say that now, But what it's your money? Like, how about you want Oh no, we're not.
Speaker 4: Gonna be but listen, listen, and now look, they're thirty two teams in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Yes, three people on every team. Hey, Chad, listen to me.
Speaker 4: Now there are three people on every team you go through, you go through it on maybe maybe on both sides of the ball. Then you could give them a blank check and you won't blink twice if you were to say, you know what, you write the numbers on there.
Speaker 1: Whatever you want you can have. Now I'm just speaking hypothetically based on the type of reduction they're gonna give you.
Speaker 4: We can and week out no matter what, and you don't even have to you don't even have to ask no questions. You know what you're gonna get, and Chase is one of them. Lamar Jackson is one of them. Josh Allen is one of them. Joe Burrow is one of them.
Speaker 1: You keep going down the list this matter.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe three, sometime two, maybe one on the team on one on either offensive defense, but he in blank check.
Speaker 1: Whatever you want, corn head and write it on.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: As much as I would love Fatigue to go back the money that it's gonna cost you, you need to get a couple of defensive players or you're gonna be in the same spot that you were last year. Yes, sir, so the question is would you rather have get Hendrickson back and get you a corner, have Henderson back, compare with another defensive lineman, right, Because it doesn't matter. It's been proven. You got a triple Crown winner and you got to lead guy, led the league in passing yards and passing touchdowns, and you missed the playoffs because, like you said, your defense early on let him down in a lot of those games. If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got. So at some point in time, you got to stop somebody because it puts so much pressure on your offense to be perfect every game, every down, every.
Speaker 2: Possession, one slip up.
Speaker 1: And so for me, if I if I'm looking, if I'm the general manager, as much as I love to have tea, I've got to spend that. I've got to take that thirty to thirty three million dollars, and I got to put it on the defensive side of the football because because I believe that even if I don't have a trip or cross jet Jamar Chase is gonna go to the Pro Bowl for the foreseeper future. So what he doesn't have one twenty seven seventeen hundred, Let's just say for the sake of Bargo show, he gets for fourteen hundred, right, Joe, instead of throwing for forty touchdowns, he throws for thirty five thirty six.
Speaker 2: But your defense allows seven few points per game, right.
Speaker 1: And this? And that makes it difference? Yeah, what makes it?
Speaker 4: That makes a difference on the back end, you know, and then it increases your chances also of being in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: And that's it, because you know, Joe gets to the playoffs. He's been there before. He's very comfortable. This team has been there, especially the core guys, Chase Burrow. A couple of those offens, I think maybe one or two of those offensive line would have been there. So hey, you got a core structure. But at some point time, won't you You got to stop somebody. You got to stop somebody.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: You can't keep losing games forty one, thirty eight, forty five, forty one, yeah, thirty four, twenty thirty four to thirty one. You can't keep losing ball games like that. And you see your quarterback have one turnover with four touchdowns and you lose the game because that one mistake because your defense he stuting about it. So that's that's just me. But Mike Brabel is the new head coach of the New England Patriots. He replaces a former team. Did they play they play together? Yeah, they played together, drawd Mao who was fired after one season. Mike Brabel out of work for one year five as a home a team that he won three championships with. And uh, people forgetting that.
Speaker 2: Mike Brabel started in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Ohow yeah, Linebash started in Pittsburgh, went to uh, Kansas City, not Kansasity, went to New England, and his last couple of years, if I'm not mistaken, he was in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Huh Okay. One year in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh, Joe, Mark Davis was not interested in high and brabel for the Raiders, given past failures of high end products out of New England. Yeah, uh, look, Bravel, I think his first year or second year he took he took the Titans to the NFC Championship game. Excuse the AFC against New England because remember they they ended up they ended up losing ojo u and they had a ten up to lead, and then and and the uh, the Patriots came the Patriots.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, I keep saying Patriots.
Speaker 1: The Chiefs came back because at one point they were down in the divisional round, remember down twenty four points to cancer to uh the Texans, and they go on this this business and just blitz them and they end up winning the game like fifty one thirty one. And then the next week they fall behind ten nothing and then my homeboys with that magic.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So uh, but he said, Mark Davis was not interested in high and brabel for the Raiders given the past failures.
Speaker 2: Josh McDaniels Dave Ziggler two years ago.
Speaker 1: So we hired those guys and I think the biggest mistake from guys that have built around the coaches that come out of that Coach Belichick tree is that you try too hard to be coach Belichick. Yeah, and at the end of the day, I don't I don't believe that's Brabel.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that's enough.
Speaker 1: But I know guys that played for a lot of the other guys, and that's that's.
Speaker 2: That's what I hear.
Speaker 1: Right, I think it's gonna be alright. I think he'll be fine.
Speaker 4: As far as far as Mark Davis, I'm not sure that the job, the rate of job isn't that isn't that nice to be in with, don't know. It ain't like people knocking down the door to come coach there, So it would even come out and say anything about I saw something saying Dion, you know, not even okay, Brabel is not even what who I mean.
Speaker 2: It's not like I'm sure Bravery.
Speaker 1: Look, he probably would have taken the job if there's nothing else available, But I'm not really taking no job without a quarterback because I know, I know my tenure isn't going to be long if I don't have a quarterback, So why even waste your time? Why even waste your time?
Speaker 4: Is that opportunity to be a head coached but certain people is going to going to come right for certain people, those.
Speaker 1: Opportunities are going to continue to come. But see the thing is what Mark Davis. Mark Davis is like he's thinking. But Brabel never coached. He played under coach Belichick. Mike Brabel started coaching as the linebacker coach at Ohio State, then he got to then he was in at Houston, and if you remember, Bill O'Brien demoted Romeo Carenale elevated Mike Brabel because it would look better as brave well as the DC to get a head coaching job. Then when Brabel got the job at Tennessee, he reaped high promoter, promoted Romeo to DC. So Brabel never coached under coach Belichick. Now, obviously he knows the type of locker room and the type of ship that coach Belichick ran. And I was reading some cultes where he said he the locker room, everybody cared about each other. The most important thing was to win, and that's what you have to have. To win, and teams that win, and teams that win consistently, that's the I believe that's the over Yes, you gotta have talent, but everybody got talent. Now there's the varying degrees of where your talent is located. Oh Joe, but everybody has talent. I mean, you don't get to this. Everybody that's in the league is talented. Obviously there are players that are more talented to others, but everybody has to a certain degree a certain level of talent. But that's what I will agree with Brabel is that when guys are unselfish and guys care about one another, those are the teams that normally win, and they win consistently. So it's going to be very interesting to see how this thing pans out for Mike Rabel because he got his work cut out for him. But he does have a quarterback that they drafted last year and they got one hundred and thirty million.
Speaker 2: Dollars in space.
Speaker 1: Charge of safety Darwin James said, Justin Herbert doesn't deserve the hate he's receiving.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen, O Joe, Man, we don't deserve it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: Like I said, man ten, you know who want't be in this position without him? You know, in this season, I feel like every game. He's given up giving us a chance to be in these games.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: And like I said, man, I don't ready have no other quarterback.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: I love him as a player, as a Bronther, and I know he gonna work his tail off next season and I can't win be right there with him.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, do you agree, sir?
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, Darwin has to say all the right things. Darwin has to say that obviously to be in a position that they are in. You know, the quarterback is responsible. You know, when you win, quarterback keep the credit. When they lose, the quarterback is the reason why they lose.
Speaker 1: He shouldn't get the play, O Joe, you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't say.
Speaker 1: If you can't say what a quarterback wins, he gets the credit, but if they lose, he gets none of the blame. I don't believe it's hate. I believe it's criticism. I believe the criticism was warranted. Oh Joe, how in five hundred plus passes you throw three interceptions and thirty two class passes yesterday you throw four. You don't think he deserved to be criticized. You see it again, Nobody everybody wants praise. Nobody wants criticism, right, But I've never heard when have you ever heard the player say, man, look at man Oho. Y'all praising that man, y'all praising that quarterback too much, y'all. Craizy not running back too much? The wide receiver, you give him too much praise O Joe. But the minute you say, bro, you gotta make that play. You gotta get in your break. You can't give him up on that route. You gotta hustle man, Oh jo hate Nah.
Speaker 4: Listen, you know what Derwin didn't just come up, come come out to do with that question? The question was asked by because of the because of the scrutiny, because of the criticism he was he was he was facing because of For me.
Speaker 2: If Lamar throws, if Lamar throws it, let me ask your question.
Speaker 1: If Lamar throws four interceptions against Buffalo, will he be criticized, yes or no? What criticized? He be crucified?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: It's bettering the man through four interceptions all year, So he throws four in one game, and we're supposed to overlook that crucified, not criticized as a difference.
Speaker 2: Hey, when that turned the ball at four times, what do we do.
Speaker 1: Crucified. So I'm just trying to figure out, are we not supposed to criticize the player the quarter in regard forgetting the position?
Speaker 2: O Joe, It's like a dB.
Speaker 1: You give up four touchdowns, We're not supposed to say, bro, what are you doing? Are we gonna talk about you?
Speaker 2: Now? You should?
Speaker 1: I'm to give up four sides, George Pikett dropping four passes?
Speaker 2: Are we not supposed to point that out? Right?
Speaker 4: But you gotta understand, this is his teammate. He gonna say the right thing. Remember what you remember? Remember that I told you when we talked about George Piggy's about being honest, right instead of being PC. Now, Derwin James obviously is going to say all the right things, and he's going to say all the right things in front of the camera.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: But you understand one of the reasons why you are home and you're not continuing into the playoffs is because of your quarterback performance. You know that in the back of your mind, but you don't say it in front of the camera.
Speaker 2: You just don't.
Speaker 1: My thing is, I don't have a problem with him defending, but I don't believe it's hate.
Speaker 2: I believe it's criticism and it's justified. Right.
Speaker 4: Also, you have to understand the error we're in. You have to understand society, criticism is seen as hate.
Speaker 1: Truth is absolutely hate. Yeah, bron fit of me? Ah, you hate exactly, bro? Yeah and sometimes yes yes. But look, I don't have a problem with you. The only problem is the choice of word that Derwin chose to use.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: I love the fact and you're supposed to stick up for your teammate, and he's right, justin Herbert played really well this season.
Speaker 2: He did that wasn't the case yesterday.
Speaker 1: And so that's what I love about sports, O Joe, is because it's game the game, it's update your resume, even though you can be as credential as you are and Pat and hey, it got me off. One of the shows on Fox, Tom Brady was a seven time champion. Tom Brady wasn't playing well in those games, and the fans knew it, and all I was saying, I can't. I'm not trying to take anything away from Tom Brady. What Tom Brady did prior to this game and has no bearing on this game. Tom turned the ball over twice. Tom was less than fifty percent completion. That's what we have to talk about. This is not lifetime achievement. Now, if we want to do a lifetime achievement, the NFL said lifetime achievement war goes to Tom Brady seven Super Bowls. He went to ten, and y'alla and y'all, so be it. That's not the time for me to bring up a game in which you threw four picks. This is a lifetime achievement. But when we're evaluating game to game, and that's what we do. When you didn't say that last week, so what was I supposed to say? That got through for five hundred yards and five touchdowns they won. Wor's the criticism in that? But when he doesn't play well, we talk about it and that's what we try to do. And people don't understand. People don't. Look, that's not what you said. Look, when you get information, when you get better information, you're better to evaluate. When you can do better, you do better. When you know better, you say better. So what Derwin James is well within his right. I don't believe it was hate because when I think of people, I don't think people really hate Justin Herbert. But I do believe the criticism now, some of the criticism that Lamar has received. But see when they start talking about you know where you don't say this about that. I know I'm being fair because they tell me, o Jo, well, you don't say that about white quarterback, and then they tell me I want to say this about black quarterback. So if I'm getting it on both sides, I'm pretty sure I'm right down in the middle. As long as it's not what on the other it's both, I can deal with that. Yeah, But listen, it would be hard.
Speaker 4: It would be very hard, especially in today's era and the younger generation. They're not gonna be able to separate the two. They're not gonna be able to separate them to them from the hate. Anytime you say anything that is not in favor of their play and how they're playing or what they're doing, it's going to be seen as hate. No matter how many times you say.
Speaker 1: Here you can sit there and explain it to you blewe in the flace.
Speaker 4: You know, when you talk about players in today's game, they're going to view it as hate no matter what.
Speaker 1: Even if you are critiquing just what happens to me, e Jo, what happened to the word constructive criticism even though its criticism you use it. We're trying to explain to you what you did wrong. Everything can if I just praise you, even even if you're wrong. My Grandfa used to always tell us, like, boy, I never reward negative behavior. So when the child is acted up, you don't give the child candy. You don't tell the child to go pick out a toy. My grandma said, boy, wherever you show up, wherever you show a you get woe.
Speaker 2: WHI right there?
Speaker 1: Now, you say, my grandhaart to yeah, okay, Now, if you play good, I'm gonna say you played good. Right, But how am I gonna look because people, oh, your other position that we're in, they're gonna hear everything that we say. So if you play bad, I've got to say that you played bad, you didn't play good.
Speaker 2: It's not personal. Everybody think.
Speaker 1: Now, if I say a guy didn't say out of this like, bro, I don't know you enough to dislike. You've never done anything to me, right, so there's nothing to dislike. But I think with my tra and I having played the game an extended period of time, having studied the game, having watched the game, I think I can fairly evaluate what I saw on the field without making it personal. Am I passionate about it? And I think that's the thing. People take my passion with hate. You know, not only your passion, but your delivery as well. Yes, delivery, you know, delivery. It is it come.
Speaker 4: Off like ain't God damn? You know, so I kind of understand. I kind of understand where they coming from.
Speaker 1: But I just say the thing is like Derwin, like, I love that you standing up for your teammate, and rightfully so. But I was just say the hate criticism, yeah, christicism a little hard. But I can understand that we didn't play well. It wasn't just on him. We didn't play well. We didn't play well on my end. That's my thing. Was like, you know, hey, John had a tough guy. Yeah, but we got to help him out. I mean, it didn't it didn't help that we had three or four drops. It didn't have It didn't help that we missed a couple of blitz pickups and forced them into a situation. Yeah we gotta help. Hey, if we still on the field a little longer, hey, maybe I defense get an opportunity to rest instead of you know, being on the field or extending period of time. There's a way to say it that I get. Look, I get, and like I said, I think now there's a because there's so many O yo, there's so many sites. Everybody has an opinion now and guess what. I can go on your page and leave a comment, Oh Joe, you suck, you dropped five passes and talk about you the best. Whereas before, O Joe, we didn't hear we we really didn't hear no outside noise.
Speaker 2: It was only what they wrote.
Speaker 1: Maybe when you got into an opposing stadium you got bulled in that. Oh Joe, you terrible, You suck. You're not better than Oh you're not better than t O, You're not better than Moss. But now, oh you inundated with that? Yes, yes, absolutely, cause football sports pro sports have become twenty four hours, three sixty five and everybody's on social media and for the most part, even if they don't follow you. Oh you're on Oh oh you're on Twitter. Okay, let me go leave this comment. Oh he on ig Let me go leave another comment. Oh he on Facebook too, Let me try to message you. He might not see ay, they might not can see it. But I'm gonna message you anyway to let him know, Yeah, you still suck Ojo Jay.
Speaker 4: Just a thought, just a thought as a fan knowing that I can reach you.
Speaker 1: I might he might not.
Speaker 4: See it, but just the fact that I have access and there's a chance that you might see what I'm finished say on Finna let it rip.
Speaker 1: And even if he don't see it, guess what you got family, friends and loved ones that do see it.
Speaker 2: Man, you saw what they said about you, O Joe.
Speaker 1: Right, you heard what he's saying. Yeah, so you're gonna get it one way or another. If not everything, you're gonna get enough to Like, Man, what the hell, O Joe? Why they talk about you like this? Yeah? I wish I wish more players.
Speaker 4: I wish more players were like me and had my mentality when it comes to people saying things or people, you know, people being critical of their player whatever, maybe just even even in life in general, even life in general, Like I'm very accepting and welcoming of of of critiquing.
Speaker 1: I have no issue with it.
Speaker 4: I have no issue with it because you know, obviously when I was playing during that time, if it bothered me through the media, I was seen as the villain, and I continue to feed the what's the what's what's the word?
Speaker 1: I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: The narrative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I continue to feed the narrative. I refuse to change. I refuse to conform the NFL. You know, okay, we can't control them, so what do we need to do? You know, we need to take his money.
Speaker 4: So when they started taking my money, I want up them. I started sending to fine money in early I was it got to your point, like year six, I was sending the money to the league office a week in advance ahead of time, so you don't have to mayl me no FedEx letter, because.
Speaker 1: I just I just wouldn't conform. I wouldn't conform at all. And I wish players were able to take that critique in like when you when you when you got on me for some of the stuff. I did you notice I never said anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah I didn't.
Speaker 1: I mean I hear it. Oh I heard I heard it. Okay, okay, okay, I like that. Okay, next week, I'm haf something best for him.
Speaker 2: I think the thing, Joe is that social media.
Speaker 1: Because I don't want people to think that social media is all bad. Because social media is good.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: It's a good thing. A lot of times social media can give people an opportunity to see you outside of what's being written and talked about you. They get an opportunity to see you for what you want to present because a lot of times, like Man, Man, I ain't know he was that funny, you know, he had that kind of personality. A lot of people like cause you see me on CBS, you saw me up there sitting at the desk, and they see a couple of slippets. But then I get to be on Undisputed and I really get to let my hair down, right man, And I think that relatability is what people like, kind of gravitated towards Man. He like my uncle. He talked just like he was at the cookout at the barbecue. We having to be in the barbecue at the barbershop. He's talking like that, just like we actually talk. But he on national television, I ain't no. Ay. Yeah. And so the social media aspect does have its pros and cons. But just like everything, you have to use it, it'll use you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Social media is very advantageous. Now.
Speaker 4: It could swallow you up. Yes, in DNBA if you have a weak mind. He not strong minded. You got to play. You got to learn to play the game. You got to learn to play the game. Yep, be all right, Like somebody said, whatever I'm drinking, what's Taylor port a wine?
Speaker 2: A cheap wine at that?
Speaker 1: It is very no, you know you like Morgan David. It ain't it ain't no, it ain't no u a protrude. It's not no roth Child, it's not no you know, no opus. Uh right, Kamus silver whatever a silver old. It ain't none of that.
Speaker 4: You see what this is, right, sparkling cider. And this ain't number half. I wasn't drinking nothing, man, This ain't number half of cider.
Speaker 2: Uh oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Speaking of social media, Cortall Patterson shave the Steelers on Instagram the snow since I can't judge the field. Patterson did not play a single offensive snap last night. Yeah, I understand it's frustration. Yeah, I understand it.
Speaker 4: What he was able to do in Atlanta, you know, understanding what he can do in Minnesota. In Minnesota more so on special teams, sometimes the backfield.
Speaker 1: But you got you got Najie Harris in front of you, so you're not taking carriage from him.
Speaker 4: You know, so your opportunities are gonna come few and very few. How do you say the same, few and far between, So you have to you have to make the most of those opportunities.
Speaker 1: And they just can't guess what it wasn't in between because they didn't.
Speaker 2: Come at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah too, for hell, they didn't use their best weapon.
Speaker 1: So I mean, that's who need, that's who should be complaining. But that's neither here nor there. That game is over.
Speaker 4: But I feel for him though, I feel for him.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, check this out. Here's the Twitter question of a week.
Speaker 1: So if a female takes a man out, do he gotta give it up at the end of the night.
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 4: I love now they're talking. I can bring me that hold on. I like that question. First off, who's paying? Well, the woman I'm assuming she invited the guy. Yeah, she's paid playing the bill?
Speaker 1: Is she paying?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: I like this. I like this now. Sometimes if you get an assertive woman, if you get an assertive woman that will paid the bill, she will let you know, no great area, no great area.
Speaker 4: When you have a woman that asks you out, When you have a woman that pays the bill. She's letting you know what time it is, you know what the play is right after this?
Speaker 1: Right, I didn't. I didn't come to play. And these ain't young folks. These ain't you hold on time?
Speaker 2: Let me get hold on time about talk to me?
Speaker 1: Were you're telling me that we'reen out there, that y'all can go out? Yeah, and you can get the buns on the first night.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The older women, I'm the older women now.
Speaker 4: I ain't talking about the young ones, the young ones that wants you to pay for everything, not them. I'm talking about the older women, the older women that are seasoned, the older women that are veterans, the older women that don't want to play games. I'm not need to play no games.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: I need to understand if I'm gonna deal with you long term or not. How do I know if I'm gonna deal with you? I need to know if when we lay down horizontally or vertically, have you want to do it. If it's good enough, you know what, I'm gonna be around for a while. If it's not, I'm probably gonna answer your phone call no more. That's like, you know, that's that's light. Now I'm fifty seven. I'll tell you what I've been through. I'll tell you what I've been through. All right, now you get you get, you get some of these young whipper snappers I need today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all about what can you do for me?
Speaker 4: Buy me this, buy me that, get my nails, get my nails on my feet, in my head done?
Speaker 1: You know? Uh my wig, I need a new installed. That's different. It's all about what you can do. Then you really get nothing in return. You know, I'm talking about all of them because see here is the thing I got. I'm exo. I'm extremely, extremely care because this look no means no, maybe means no, yes, Na's no tomorrow. So I'm really really i I've damn be like, are you sure you should? Hey?
Speaker 2: Hold on, are you sure you feel killed? The movie? I'll kill me bout it? See you don't.
Speaker 4: You don't have to do That's why I see, that's why you don't have to do that with older women on.
Speaker 1: Forty forty five, you know, fifty five.
Speaker 4: Sometimes even sixty, huh hear me? They Yeah, what what sixty? What fear you playing it?
Speaker 1: At ball? Oh? Joe? The thing gil the sixty that's my that's that's that's a little older than me. But I'm saying they grew up in the air. They grew up in the air. They grew up in the Arab and I came up here. That's what that didn't happen. Uh, These these women evolved with the times. They didn't got time to play. They don't have time to play. That's what I understand. Listen to you, the young folk gonna listen to the young folk gonna waste your time, you know what. They're gonna waste your time because they have time to buy. They're young, they have time to wait. Oh, okay, twenty I'm twenty five and I'm twenty What a rushing for?
Speaker 2: Okay, you're right, what a rushing for?
Speaker 4: Now you get to talk of the women. You're getting talking to women our age. They ain't got time to play.
Speaker 1: What I'm waiting two three weeks for? What I'm waiting a month for? What do I have? What do I even have a ninety day rule? For ninety days? I might not even be here. Damn, Listen, I'm.
Speaker 2: Trying to be.
Speaker 1: Is she like that that? I don't need to be bothered anyway? Doubt, but you hope it.
Speaker 2: Damn. I'm just you know how it is. You know how it is.
Speaker 4: Man, Listen, listen that their pros and call on their pros and call if you if you got time to waist and you want to play the game.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, that's that's the thing that got oh trying to perceive me.
Speaker 2: I don't even ask.
Speaker 1: You ain't gonna you ain't gonna have to ask. No, hell no you know no no no no, no no no no, no, y'all gotta ask.
Speaker 2: So what you do? Can I come to you?
Speaker 1: Oh no, already think already think something up.
Speaker 6: Hey, you don't understand, man, Well I guess you get you get you one of the old ones.
Speaker 4: You me yea, she put she put that blind boat on you, put the sock in your mouth and you can't talk.
Speaker 1: Now. I can't give it that kind of control. The ain't no HANDCUF because I'll be put that whole headboard off. Hey, y'all, Hey, I guarantee you I spat that whole headboard.
Speaker 2: Bad, bad, please bad?
Speaker 1: He all.
Speaker 2: Hey, no, man, I don't I don't like being respect old.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, hold on, let me tell you something. Now, see this, how this when I tell you. You're not living.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. You not living.
Speaker 4: You gotta get your swing set, right, Yeah, tell Michelle to get your swing set.
Speaker 1: You tie it boom in the in the in the in the what do you call the doorway? What do you what do you call the doorway?
Speaker 2: The doorway?
Speaker 1: You tied it.
Speaker 4: You hang it up in the doorway. Yeah, you hang it up in the threshold. What you want to call it? Bingo, that's one called the little swing sets.
Speaker 1: You got to do that. Then bondage you get, you get the bonds.
Speaker 2: I don't even hold jo jo. I ain't gonna let that happen.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't let you give it. I can't let you get that out of control you got.
Speaker 1: You gotta let it tie you up.
Speaker 4: And I'm telling you see, man, God told man you Hey.
Speaker 1: Listen, she tied you up. Your legs, your legs be up right, but you can't move because they got the like a woman like aldo. You know, I got killing hold on, so you know I got kids. So they put you up in a stir.
Speaker 7: Oh dude, yeah, oh dude, hey listen, hey boy, I'm telling oh listen, wait, hey.
Speaker 1: Get your veteran now, Baddy comes out of there like, well, mister, show what happened that they head? Boy? Don't after bed out of sash? That yoke was smooth off mad Please.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, I'm gonna see some videos, man, so you know you check you check the videos out and you just experiment. You experiment, you know you you you listen. You you're fifty seven. At some point you got to evolved. You got to try new things. There's so much out there that you haven't done yet. You might like it, that's the problem. Matter of fact, you ever been to the swing club?
Speaker 1: No, no swinging, man, I ain't even swing without the elementary school. I ain't playing on the swing set going on h oh.
Speaker 2: H hell to the doll man.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you hold him, Joe, nahd Daddy.
Speaker 2: That ain't for me. That ain't for me.
Speaker 1: Do you say you ain't swinging elementary school? No? I don't play. I don't do nothing, but that's winging. O.
Speaker 2: I'm good. I will take y'all word for I will take your word for it. O't yoe.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey man, we got we gotta go up to the d r man. You ain't got to worry about nothing. You know out there he'll be all right. Man. Oh, Joe Rapper, red Man, mething red Man, and he's to be a tandem rap group. Uh, saying he was selling but for two and a half years, no sex, no alcohol, so everything crystalized for so everything was so clear, and his oh, his head just opened up. I'm saying what he said, what.
Speaker 4: He said, saying it now what I will believe, Red Man, I wouldn't believe that you were sober. I could see the discipline in that area and not drinking, understanding that it can better you and Betty your life, Betty.
Speaker 1: Your decision making. Uh.
Speaker 4: As far as sex is concerned, I'm not sure how that would cloud judgment in any way or or or cause bodily harm in general. Because sex is is healthy for you, it's healthy for you.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't clear my mind, my mind to be so cloudy, Wright, But I got the free will it man, Mat I think be backed up in you. No, hey said, hey, listen, listen.
Speaker 4: I'm still I'm I'm still in my my selling feet, my celibacy journey.
Speaker 1: So I understand what he's saying.
Speaker 4: But the amount of time, how many years he said, two and a half years, see. That's that's now that I can't believe because I'm going let me see, she left me in October, October.
Speaker 6: October, November, Jane, January, so January. Yeah, that's listen.
Speaker 1: I'm struggling.
Speaker 2: I'm strung.
Speaker 1: I'm struggling.
Speaker 4: I ain't number two months in yeah, man, I'm struggling. So I'm trying two years. Hey, I'm two months and I'm I'm gonaix weeks.
Speaker 1: I give you six weeks. Who I'll give somebody six weeks. I'm in a relationship. I get you six weeks. We need some space, Okay, I look at I give you six weeks from to day right, six weeks from the day right? Hey, what happened if they don't come back after them six weeks? Hey, somebody black help?
Speaker 2: I gotta put black ham on somebody else?
Speaker 1: Should I Should I try that? Should I say that? No?
Speaker 4: No, hold on, I'm gonna try. But you know, but the problem is is that I'm gonna just say I got it from you. I'm gonna say that for me.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, well, that's a totally that's a total you re different situation, Huh. I confide in everything you say. You like the father figure to me. So basically, if it's it's been.
Speaker 4: Benty two months for me and I'm I'm Brian here being celebrated and you just said something that you done or you wouldn't do within the sixty time and I'm sitting around here waiting two months. Well just not really for that, but for me, it's it's giving me pieces, giving me a sense of a sense of calm, a sense of clarity. And I'm like, well, Ship, I need to stand on business. So boom you at, Well she didne she ain't getting no six weeks, I'm gonna give up, give her another week?
Speaker 1: Do you give me something another week? I'm going what she called? You called you the other night, you said you weren't going to get get none.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, she trying, She tried, But I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: I'm in a place in a position where you did something to me and you need to be you have to stand on business and I can't just giving my stuff up like that because I'm not easy.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense? Yeah, it makes sense to you. I just think you're thinking, oh, Jordan, just all de paying. Look if that's something that you really want to work for if that's something that look because at the end of the day, the longer one look, all I'm saying is all I'm saying is is that the longer your wait, the more likely something can creep in. That's all I'm saying. So I happen to be out here. No six months, no year, no two years. You know hey, we say operated nah na right right, because you know, okay, So what what what what we try? What do we try to do?
Speaker 2: We need to go to counsel, We need to go to therapy together? What what do we need to do? How do we how do we? How do how do we?
Speaker 1: How do we come back together and to be at a more stronger union than we were? So this doesn't happen again because at the end of it, So what do what do you think it's gonna take? Do I need Do we need to go to therapy? Do we need do I need to go to therapy on my own? And we also go to couples therapy. So I've just tried to because I do want this to work, because I don't put so much time in it, so much energy, so much effort. Matter of fact, you believe in therapy. You think the works, A couple of counting works.
Speaker 4: Let's look at where's ash ash ash to look up this statistics on the percentage of therapy actually working, couple therapy, marriage therapy, counseling.
Speaker 1: I'm curious of what the percentage to be on those that actually work.
Speaker 2: For me, O Joe. I went in where I went in with an open mind. Oh so you did it? Yeah, O Joe.
Speaker 1: I don't know what people I've done it ain't no did it, I've done it. I was in therapy for a long time. I did therapy. I was doing I just stopped probably about a year ago, but I was doing therapy once a week for three hundred dollars a week for like three years. Whoa, whoa, whoa whoa real as shit back, The therapy is successful seventy percent of the time, seven out of ten. You gotta pay for it, Yes, what I'm paying you to listen to my profits? You and I paid it for you to give me an answer on the issues. I'm booked. Yes, oh, man, nigga please, Yes, I'm glad y'all think so. But I'll see her as the thing with Shannon Sharp. Everything Shannon Sharp is ever saying on television or on night cap can be proven or disproven. So y'all saying cap that don't bother me because I know firsthand. That's why I'm able to speak so freely and effortlessly about it, because I've been there when the therapist told me, Shannon, you're speaking y'all speaking two different languages.
Speaker 2: She's speaking Chinese and you're speaking Spanish.
Speaker 1: Unless you learn the others language, you're never gonna be able to communicate. Shannon, Are you arguing for right or you arguing to be right? I'm not telling you what somebody told me. I'm telling you as I'm sitting on that lady's couch. And she said, Shannon, would you mind bringing your partner in here, because you're telling me this.
Speaker 2: I want to hear what she has to say.
Speaker 1: And we go and she said She asked her, why do you feel the need to try to make him feel like he's left theying. Do you understand his background? She said yeah, She said, do you understand how prideful he is about his background and the way he was raised. He's never gonna be disrespectful, He's never gonna put his hands on you. But why do you feel you need the challenge him. Hey, that sound intense. It was, it is, But you have to be artists, Jenna, is this something that you want? And it just got to the point though, No, I didn't want it anymore. I had given all I could give and she wasn't hearing.
Speaker 2: I was out.
Speaker 1: I couldn't give anything else. I had given some Because here's the thing, oh Joe, what I had started to do, I had tried to do, be so much, be what she wanted so much. I lost me. I wasn't saying it no more.
Speaker 2: I was what she wanted me to be. But I wasn't neat I'm.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, hold on. What did you hear what you just said?
Speaker 4: You tried to I'm gonna put it in my word. I tried to please her and make her so happy. I lost a sense of self.
Speaker 1: I wasn't saying it anymore. I wasn't I was not married in Barney Porter's grandchild.
Speaker 4: I was not.
Speaker 1: I was not that. I was not that little boy that grew up on that farm and grew up to be a man. That wasn't who I was. You see, a lot of times men will go out of their way. Women say accept me as I am right, right right. Menould go out of their way to try to please a woman, and in the process of pleasing a woman, you lose yourself. I just had to say no, o yo. But you got to be real with yourself. You gotta be you gotta want to work on this. You gotta want to work, and it takes work. And it's hard to hear your partners say things that like, damn, why you saying that? When that's actually and I can replay it in my head because I'm very I'm very I know what I've said, I know what I've done. Yeah, but to hear to hear her say it, okay. That's why I learned the proper way to apologize. It's not that if I've done it, you said it so clearly I've done it. Intent does not matter whether you intended it.
Speaker 2: To do it or not.
Speaker 1: She's still hurt, she's still offended. Now, I apologize. The greatest apologist change behavior, So you can apologize a fa thousand times.
Speaker 2: But if the behavior doesn't change, you're not sorry for what you've done now mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And most of the time you never sorry. Most of the time you only sorry because you got caught.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, I just thought that it was like, and we're better off as friends. We're better off as friends. Were cool, we have a bet. I think the biggest problem that we had, Oh, Joe, she was young, I was young. We're trying to figure this thing out, which is you know, and it just it just wasn't to be. And as we twenty years after the fact, She's like, I didn't realize what I had to you. Come on, man, they never they never do to listen to. I've never met a man that works as hard as you and as disciplined as you are. But you're very proferful. You're not gonna let nobody push you around. You're not gonna let nobody talk reckless to you. No, because I don't talk reckless to you. I'm not gonna call you out of your name because I got I wouldn't want nobody to call my sister, my mom, or my grandma my name after name, so I don't call women out their name. And now and now I had daughters, and I definitely don't want nobody to call them out their name. So I'm very respectful. I'm very understanding of that for me, and a lot of times I was I had uh, I was messing with this young lady and uh, she would like start to argue. I was like, you know what, you're right, I'm gonna let you have that. Get upset. She's like, we never gonna figure anything out. I said, I say, in order, I would rather keep the peace right. Let you be right. It's not that big of a deal to me.
Speaker 2: I like that. It's not that big of a deal to me. I'm I'm not finna go back and forth and argue with you over so you're right.
Speaker 1: But it hurted her. It bothered her because you would already back. She said that I want to get away. I say, well, if you want to underst me, just ask. I don't feel I need to get into an argument to disagree with you. For the help you understand me, I'm telling you I don't want to talk about that. We see things differently, and just because we see things differently, I see things differently than you because of my age. You see things how you see them because of your age. That doesn't mean I'm right, that doesn't mean you're wrong. But we're gonna see things differently because I was raised in a different error. M. But I'm willing to accept you for who you are and the area you was raised in. I you know, I want to.
Speaker 2: Say, but I think the thing is, O Joe.
Speaker 1: I went in and because I really skept it up first, I was like, man, I dad, but I was like, you know what I'm gonna go. It's just like anything, oh Joe, I can't do anything half asked. I'm spending this my money. So if I'm spending my money, I'm gonna get the most out of it. So I went there and I saw it, and I came every day, I mean not every day, but every week, right, and I call that lady just like. And the thing is, you're like, hey, and then you know and during the pandemic, you know you couldn't be in person, Hey, FaceTime?
Speaker 2: That really that when I started FaceTime. Damn, I gotta call this lady on FaceTime. Damn.
Speaker 1: You were really into it like that. Yes, Oh, I don't know how to have fast anything. I don't right, right, and and and and and and for me, it's as obsession. I get to say, that's what and that's why I'm like when I when I'm good at something, I'm really really good at it. But I don't waste my time with stuff that I'm not. Right, I go all in, Yes I was, I was one thousand percent.
Speaker 2: I was taking notes.
Speaker 1: She's like, well, take notes, oh Joe, I've taken notes, Andy, she says something, Nik, I write it down.
Speaker 2: Called me, she called me. She called me a black s O B.
Speaker 1: Right. See, that's how that's how it be.
Speaker 4: That's how it can be, you know, very very meticulous, very very detailed, very deep and jotting everything down. And see the one thing, the one thing, I don't forget anything. I don't forget anything that I said. I don't forget anything that I heard. I don't forget anything that.
Speaker 2: I've sought.
Speaker 1: Ever right, you not hear me?
Speaker 2: Ever right?
Speaker 1: I got. I got the memory of an elephant.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: But so as time go as time goes on, which is why I was thinking about, you know, doing something like that. But then the price points you talk about, like, I'm not doing that. I'm not sitting down and giving you that kind of money just to hear you from me, to tell you my problems and you to regurgitate what you think the issues.
Speaker 2: Are with me? Honestly, Oh yo, for me.
Speaker 1: If I care about somebody, there's not amount of money enough that I wouldn't spend to try to make it work, right, right, Because that's how what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm in If I care, I care?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: We dating?
Speaker 2: You need something? I got you? Yeah? Right?
Speaker 1: Uh, That's that's how I am because I've taken time out of I've taken time out of my schedule to try to get to know you on a level. And I spent that kind of time. I done got a year, I done got two years. I ain't got three years. I'm not willing to just throw it away. Not just me, So you mean to tell me I was in love with this person for three years, four years and one incident make me throw it all the way?
Speaker 2: M I just.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I'm sure there are probably things that she probably could have done that would would make me do that. But because I know I'm not perfect and I'm flawed, and I put people in situations that I've asked for a second chance and they graciously gave that. Hmm. That's what That's why, Oh Joe, That's why I say I'll never ask more than I'm willing to give. Wow, that's why I don't go, hey, ain't no woman. You ain't gonna find nobody in the last I bet you can't find one person last thirty years. Say Shannon Shark called me at two o'clock, one o'clock midnight and came over to my house. I don't ever ask more than I'm willing to give. I don't do that because I don't want you to call me. Don't call me at one o'clock and that, First of all, I ain't gonna answer the phone. Second of all, you don't got you no late night mood, go like, ha, where you at? But I'm sleeping. I'm sleeping the club. I'm sleeping. Well, actually I'm not sleeping. I'm thinking, like I ask you done, Probably you don't. Probably send me a message, and I'm thinking about, Okay, what I got to do with blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: I got sponsors, I got this. I gotta, you know, jump on the call. I got to do a zoom meeting about this. I gotta, you know, talk to no.
Speaker 1: The right one to hang you up, the right the right one to get you. You're gonna have you up. You're not finna call me that time of night. O't Joe, I call yo, I'm I don't sleep well anyway. I'll probably sleep by four or five hours. That's all I sleep, and then I get me an hour and nap during the day. Nah, it ain't that serious, I don't. I mean, look, I love sex like the next man. I don't love it that much not to get up at the one o'clock, two o'clock in the morning. Oh no, no, no, no, I mean you called somebody at one o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: You up now, when I was young?
Speaker 8: Oh yo, okay, okay, okay, okay, no year seventy thought when I was young, okay, man.
Speaker 2: I was when I was asleep.
Speaker 1: Bo boom boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 2: Look at that clock two fifteen. I said, oh no, oh Joe, oh man, yeah, oh Joe.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie I was bad, but I say, boy, oh man, I go downstairs on Yoe, open the door.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Somebody said, you've been talking about me. I said, what she had on? Something real scantily She was scantily clad. I said what I said, come.
Speaker 7: On in.
Speaker 2: You over here, now, you the guy here up yere, You're about to get what you're looking for.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: That was the oh yo, I remember. Let me tell you true story, O Joe. This was in nineteen ninety three. I'll never forget it. I had just moved into the breakers. Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Every said that. I said, Nah, I'm good.
Speaker 1: That was it. I I can't do it, Ojoe, I can't do it because, you know what, in my mind, I think it's something gonna happen. I'm going somewhere. I supposed to be home, being the bed, sleep, I on a job. Something happened, trying to have a blah blah blah. Shanna was supposed to be in the bed. That's on my mind. I always think when I'm not suppos when I was supposed to be doing what I'm supposed to be doing. If I try to bear off from that, that's why I do the same thing over and over.
Speaker 2: I'm in my own head.
Speaker 1: I'm cool, I'm good, I'm good. All right, Oh Joe, let's get back on track. Now it's time for our last second mother Evening. It's time for Q and eight.
Speaker 4: Damn no, hey, I'm a good Manna, We're gonna be it all off track.
Speaker 2: He was definitely off track.
Speaker 1: MD said, Uh, if your team ain't win today, I don't want to hear you say foot or ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, old Joe, get him, Bronco not Raven. You a lad Rover.
Speaker 1: Hold on, let me ask you what, oh Joe, if I want to if you don't want to a super Bowl with the over the big, with their Patriots, you ain't gonna claim you.
Speaker 2: You're gonna claim them. No I'm not. Yeah you are.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not because I didn't contribute to that super Bowl.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying if you had a you got him. There are you helped?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. I'm I'm Bango. That's it.
Speaker 9: I'm a Bronco and a Raven. Okay, I'm a braving. If that makes you happy, then so be it.
Speaker 2: I'm a braver Bronco slash Raven.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That be saying the Broncos beating the Chiefs gave them false hope. No, I didn't. You needed to win that game to get into the playoffs. You Look, there's levels to this.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: There are very few teams that you know, get there in.
Speaker 1: The first year and they wining all the way, especially when you get dealing with a rookie quarterback and boiled a rookie quarterback. But look, they got they got confidence when they had the chief an arrowhead on the rope and the Chiefs blocked the field goal or they would have lost that game. So if you could go back and study the history, the Broncos have always played the chief even with my homes played them. Remember two years ago they beat them and beat them bad. So the Broncos feel very comfortable playing the Chiefs. But it didn't give false hope then. I don't think they thought they would go win the Super Bowl. King King Govan said, yo, up after that first TV hit us up with that port. That's all, folks, I feel a good though. I did. I I said, you know what I was about. I was like, no, shout to calm down, get a goodest couple of more of these tubs and then you'll be okay. But then I was like, no, uh, jasey uh if your team didn't win today, I don't want to hear you say for the ball.
Speaker 2: Uh hell to the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all got me, y'all, got y'all, y'all got your boy, y'all, y'all get your little lamb falling now.
Speaker 2: But I'll be back when next season. Hope we played the Bengals.
Speaker 4: Oh matter of fact, I saw the schedule for twenty twenty five. The Broncos played the Bengals.
Speaker 2: Where y'll y'all play, Where y'll play, Where y'all play, y'all come to us.
Speaker 1: It don't matter.
Speaker 2: Call it battles.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it don't.
Speaker 2: I might go out there. I might, I might go out to the country to see that one.
Speaker 1: It absolutely don't matter. Believe that. Uh what happened to your Broncos today. I appreciate both of y'all. Man, we got to hand it to us. Bro they know, you know, but see I like it like this. Oh yo, I like when a team beating breaks off here, because that way you know we're not there yet.
Speaker 2: You win by you lose by touchdown, you lose by field goal.
Speaker 1: You're like, man, we were right there, you know you weren't right there where it was seven nothing, seven three, and then once they went to ten to seven, it was over All you could see was tail lights.
Speaker 2: Flag on the play. Oh your need a sippy cup?
Speaker 1: He do?
Speaker 2: He ain't used to drag it like that. JR.
Speaker 1: Fifty five forty three, Baltimore City, Your honorary assistant coaching read. When the Rads went to the Super Bowl for telling them how to use their hendry. They need to see you boys up. They did to see you boys up. Nah. Just uh.
Speaker 2: Damn. I ain't gonna be able to go to the game.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna be able to I ain't gonna be able to be there because I gotta be at I gotta be at NYC.
Speaker 2: Monday comes. Uh the Bier Studio.
Speaker 1: Who play tomorrow? The Rams play, uh Minnesota, Ral play in Minnesota in Arizona. Hey, it's only one game tomorrow, yeah, dang you man.
Speaker 2: And then you got you know, you got two games Saturday, two games Sunday. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think Kansas City, because they were off the buye teams play on Saturday, don't they? Kenna City places Houston on Saturday, or they play them on Sunday. I would think they would make them play on Saturday since they've been off.
Speaker 2: What. Yeah, that's only there.
Speaker 1: That should be a good one tomorrow, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah it should.
Speaker 1: Brian West said, with the Packers having the injury bug, this game would have been would you rather have the injury bug?
Speaker 2: It had a cruisier game.
Speaker 1: The defense, offense excluding the quarterback or also oho Burton and Cincinnati needs some guidance when it comes down to the When it comes down to the sometimes it's about all about a war of attrition. Who's the healthiest, not who's the better team. Who's the healthiest team At the time in which we played, you might be the better team.
Speaker 2: But if you got.
Speaker 1: Injuries, injuries to keep players and they're not able to participate, well, all of a sudden, you level the playing field. Yeah, and once you get to once you get to a certain level, the teams are pretty even. Yeah, especially once you get to the playoffs. Yes, I mean look at look at look at look at Baltimore. Uh uh uh uh in Buffalo, mm hmmm. MVP quarterbacks both have been to the uh uh Lamar's one, but MVP candidates this year both have been to the Pro Bowl, Mahomes and Stroud. Mahomes has a little bit more condigials, but Stroud has been to with Offensive Rookie of the Year been to the Pro Bowl. Those guys, you see what's what's what's transpired. Jane dais Offensive Rookie of the Year going to the Pro Bowl. Jared goff uh been to the Super Bowl. He's going to the Pro Bowl. So it levels I mean now it comes down execution now, but you get injured, hopefully everybody. For the most part. I think Washington is fairly healthy. The Lions that beat up a little bit, but they've been playing without their guys for an extended period of time, so they've kind of hit their rhythm.
Speaker 2: Mojoe, we know what we know.
Speaker 1: It's not like they've got these rational injuries in the last two weeks. They've been dealing with injuries and they've got Okay, we got our rotation, now let's go play. Uh, but you're right, O Joe. Burton had got himself into some trouble. I don't really know a whole lot about it, just about what I read, but he definitely needs somebody that can to talk to him. And like young man, Hey, you got a great opportunity. Don't waste this opportunity there. You can't mess it up. Truy Lawd says say she unicorn And oh Joe, what equipment of the player did you hate the most to put on for the game?
Speaker 2: I ain't have nobody helping the show the pass.
Speaker 1: Right the same thing I ain't. I ain't wear nothing else. I was light as possible. Hell, if I could have gone out there with that without the shoulder pads, I probably would have. I ain't go down there without a helmet now, but the shoulder pads I could. But you want to be as light as you possibly can. And uh but naw, I looked at that helmet and the shoulder pads.
Speaker 2: That's that's my armor. Put it on that shield. I'm going into battle.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Tyron said, what a looking on your wish team is better suited to beat the Chiefs, Bills or the Ravens.
Speaker 4: Both both both got dual three quarterbacks and and both of them get it done a different way.
Speaker 1: Both can extend, both can extend plays. Both can by time. We saw Labar by time, by time, by time, by time, find a guy in the back of the end zone, by time, find hell we see Allen by time, by time, by time, finding the running back. So because there they can beat you with their arms and their legs, you have to be every you have to defend every blade of.
Speaker 2: Grass when you're geting with those guys.
Speaker 1: They can get out wide, they can hey, they can keep the ball, they can throw the ball over your head. They just both of these teams feel very We saw Buffalo beat them this year in Buffalo. If they play again, they have to meet again. Obviously, this was being Kansas City where they haven't had the same level of success in Kansas City in the playoffs as they have in the regular season. The Ravens, the Ravens want. The Ravens want this. Both teams want it because they realized in order for them to get the credit that they need deserve, they're gonna have to go through They want to go through Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lamar says, Look, we have them on the roads.
Speaker 1: We had them dead to right our first game of the season, and we left those jokers off the hook. Buffalo get a job on them when they were in our remember, yep, likely, yep, you're absolutely right. The wise guy t cg unking out. You'll love both of you from Kansas City. Ask for Dame Januels Daniels, that dude is superb. Best in the NFC was versus and I guess best in the NFC Washington versus Chiefs Super Bowl. That's asking an awful lot. I don't know, I don't believe, I don't I'm not picking them to beat Detroit. I'm just going in and say that now I'm not picking them to beat De Truit. Now, it's gonna be a that's gonna be a tall task. Yeah, you're asking awful lot command Detroit. But they can put up points quick or her and a bunch of them. Oh yeah, then a bunch of them, and they can win the multitude of wave. They can win a field goal game. They can score fifty on you. Washington's gonna have to play one of their better games unless they can force Jaggar.
Speaker 2: Now we've seen them turn the ball over Ojoe. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now when you turn them all over the playoff time, even if you have to superior your team, you dropped down and you raised them up to your level.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So that's gonna be a very interesting game. Well, we'll find out a lot on Saturday. Marco Polo, I believe c. J. Strouds should watch Filmo Peyton Manning. Do you believe if he audibles more will help? Will that help?
Speaker 2: Is gay? Well, that's an awful lot.
Speaker 1: Look, yes, Look, if you can't put too much on his plate like that, Peyton. What you see Peyton coming to the leak? Payton was doing that in college. Yeah, they't a whole lot of Peyton Manny. They didn't even ask Brady, did you bet Peyton Manning think about that. They didn't ask Breeze to be to be that. Peyton ran the offensive meetings. Do y'all understand what I'm saying? Not the offensive coordinator, Peyton, he ran everything he's telling guys. I want you here, I want you here, run this rock this place. I want you here back. I want you to check he do to run the rim, run bro that you're probably never going to see another Peyton again.
Speaker 2: Brope, I hope you enjoyed it. I hope you enjoyed it. But c J is gonna be fine, just in his second year.
Speaker 1: Uh pa thirty other I better ball of shade on the pit game, A man of my words. I'm gonna order the collector's edition. How about you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Joe signed that for me. I like to hear y'all pit quarterback situation for next year? Uh I think Russ, you look. The problem with Pittsburgh, Oyoe, Yeah, is that they always went enough.
Speaker 2: Game that they're never in position to get one of those quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: If you think about it, Big Ben fail in their laps, but when you make the playoffs, you weigh down and so all the quarterbacks are gonna be gone, and so now you pick it in the second round and you're getting the guy you got.
Speaker 2: What was the guy they got as Cody Pickett with a picket picket?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Kenny, that's a lot of pressure for a hometown kid played that pit. I mean, think about it, Ohoe. The Panthers share that building with the Steelers. You go left, you go to the Panther side, you go right, you go to the Steeler side. So he's been pulling up to that all the time. Now instead of going left, he's going right. And he's a hometown kid.
Speaker 2: A lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Samuel Griffords, Hey, Uk and o'hoe. If you were GM of the Broncos, what the big the biggest area of need for that team to be more competitive next year?
Speaker 2: Tight end?
Speaker 1: I like the receivers, maybe get a look, maybe maybe get a little. I like the Titans.
Speaker 2: I like something. I like memes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they made some good plays down the strets for you. Maybe running back. I thought Javonte Willis be a little better. But McLaughlin, I think that's McLaughlin. He got most of the snap and plus I don't like that. I don't like that they ran a slide to the running back roll on the short side of the field. Well, he ain't got nowhere to turn. I mean, he got to do a better job of understanding where he e is to try to turn up and not run out of the bounds on fourth and two. But I didn't like that play call. But I think I think me personally, Uh, running back tied end offense line pretty solid. Maybe another part I love Alan. They got great Cooper and Botino. Maybe a safety thaky. The defense is not It's not that. Oh yeah, the defense really good John Davis, me and the wife and counselor, and it helped I pray I pay a hundred, like once or twice. But my guy has a doctor degree, and there's a psychologist love us.
Speaker 2: A psychologist love the show. Thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But bro, look, I mean she's like, well, Channon, you know you can come every two weeks and say, nah, I want to do this every week.
Speaker 2: I want to do it every week because I want to I want to know the route of why I am, how I am?
Speaker 1: Uh? Is it me? What am I doing? How could I be better? I want to be better. I want to be better for me and if I'm better for me, I'll be better for her. H. That's the way I look at it. O Yo and h you know, I think that's a small price to pay. Obviously, everybody don't have the means that I have to be able to do that. So maybe you can only go once a month, right, Okay, but you know, hey, it's if it's better to have somebody here that doesn't have a dog in the fight, because a lot of times her side, her family, her friends gonna take her side, your family, your friend's gonna take their side. Right. Uh. But like I said, my sister, I'm like, I'm like, who side you home? But oh, that's the way it goes sometimes, don't Joe. And then you come to the realization, you know what, Joe, Hey, you did everything you could.
Speaker 2: It's just they meant to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna try that. I'm gonna try that is they.
Speaker 2: Meant to be. Guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you for joining us for another episode of nightcap Ooh great wild Card weekend Saturday and Sunday. Now we know the matchups. The matchup the Commanders are headed to Detroit the winner of Minnesota and the Rams will head to Philly. Baltimore travels to Buffalo, The Texans travels to Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Thank you for watching night Cap.
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite on Shannon Shark, Bad Guy, Liberty City Legend, Bengal Ring of Fame on the The Pro Bowl of the All Pro that's Chad O Jo Sinko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button. And guys, go subscribe to the Nightcare podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Every subscriber counts, and we thank you for counting. Thank you for your continue support. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We have it in stock and let's celebrate the new year with a bottle of Shave by Laportier. And if you can't find it in a city or state near you, order it with ship it directly to you and please drink responsibly. Please go follow my media company page on all of its platform Shayshed Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. Our newest release just dropped last month. We got new shirts, sweats as well as beanies and cousin and mugs. Quantities are limited, so please grab yours wild supplies last tickets for the Super Bowl show in New Orleans, our first spring tour stop are on sale now and it's gonna be held at the Mahelia Jackson Theater. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. February the sixth in New Orleans. Be there, you don't want to miss it. Both Nightcap and Club Shaysha are both nominated for NAACP Image Awards. Nightcap was nominated for Outstanding Podcasts, Arts, Sports and Entertainment. Club Shaysha was nominated for Outstanding Podcast Society and Culture. Please go vote for us. The link is pinned and our social bios. The Commanders get a last second field goal by Zaye Gonzalez. It hit the upright, but it only matters if it went through, and it did if they win on a walk off twenty three to twenty. Jade Daniels was sensational. The Packers defeated the Eagles wenty two to ten Saint Kwa rush fo one hundred and nineteen yards. The Eagles defense picked up Jordan Love three times and that was enough for them to go to the Divisional round of the playoffs next week, where they'll host the winner of the Minnesota Rams game and Buffalo beat my Broncos thirty one to seven. It was a great run. We had a great season. We had a great season, but it didn't end like we wanted to. Joe didn't end like we wanted to. But yeah, I got kill.
Speaker 2: There's always next year.
Speaker 1: The Patriots hire Mike Brabel to be their next coach after they five Girard Mayo one year.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Mike Brabel takes over that concluded nightcap. I'm up, he's O Joe. We'll see you tomorrow after the Lions Vikings Game two. So we'll wrap that up. Put a knife bowl on back. We have a lot of other stuff to talk about. I'm almost certain. Thank you for joining us. I'm up, He's O Joe. We will see you my roll, good night, Volume