Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a great week on. Everybody ready to go? Gang's all here, Well not everybody. The Minister of Humor is here. Fritzy Dylan is sitting in for Seaton. Seaton just left with Seaton and the French Kid are on the road in the Maco Van, and we'll give you updates as a head to New Orleans. Marvin is here. Give him a hand, little hamp.
Speaker 3: We're starting off like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know why. I don't know why. You were sassy this morning prior to the start of the show, and I just thought, what are we doing? We had a good weekend. You know, you got the Chiefs and the Eagles in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Yayh Yeah, Pauli Marvin Sassey no longer the new guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true. Dylan. Dylan in the back row handling the duties with poll questions today. That's it. I don't want you to do too much. Normally you do graphics and you bet on games. I'm better with like one task. Yeah, one task. You're gonna do the pole questions today. Speak when spoken to Dylan, Okay, were you speaking to was, Yes.
Speaker 5: He looks like I don't know how to describe it. Dan the son of a millionaire or a billionaire or a yeah, a goofy substitute teacher. I'm not sure which.
Speaker 2: Wow substitute teacher is way closer to being accurate. Well, do you have a camel hair sport coat on? Yeah, mow hair, some sort of hair, mow hair, mo hair.
Speaker 5: It's uh. With all the lights in the here, it's definitely.
Speaker 2: A warm jacket and a bolo tie today.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: Actually, this was a Christmas gift from my mom this year. It's got a geode on it.
Speaker 1: Mm.
Speaker 2: That is nice.
Speaker 5: I broke it out for a special occasion.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, we've heard enough from Dylan. If you're watching on Peacock, you can stream see all of this unfold right before your very eyes. We say good morning to our radio affiliates around the country over four hundred and we'll have a pole question, play the day, stat of the Day, and we'll recap everything that happened NFCAFC Title games. Ross Tucker, he was there in Philadelphia on the sidelines working for Westwood One yesterday. Lewis Riddick and the Mothership will stop by, we'll play fill in the blank, and of course, as we always do every Monday, Best and Worst of the weekend, Operator Tyler is sitting by to take your phone calls. Eight seven seven three DP show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show seating Back on the Road with Maco. Go to Danpatrick dot com and you could follow the road trip to New Orleans. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC At Maco. They bring your car back to life. They did a wonderful job with this banged up van that we got. Did a great job. One side of the van gorgeous. The other side it's got all you know things and dents and faded paint. So we wanted to give you an idea of just how beautiful one side can look with the help of Maco. Uh oh, better get Maco. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Let's work in reverse. The Kansas City Chiefs are going to New Orleans as they try to repeat as they hold off the bills thirty two, twenty nine. It wasn't an incredible game by Patrick Mahomes. It was just one of those games that you better be just a little bit better than him, and Josh Allen was not. I thought they did a good job of staying in the game, stopping them. They had an opportunity to win this game. I thought Josh Allen looked nervous. I thought he acted nervous. I thought he was playing differently than he had all season long. They abandoned the run at some point and Kansas City does just enough to advance. By the way, they're listed as a one and a half point favorite over the Eagles. The Eagles rolled the Commanders. This was one of those games. The Eagles did to the Commanders what the Commanders did to the Detroit Lions, and all of a sudden, those turnovers start and then you start to play a little more desperate, and you got a lot of Saquon Barkley. Jalen Hurts was wonderful, And yes, I have to acknowledge this because people were pointing this out. How do you feel about Jalen Hurts today? I said, I've been waiting for this. He's been inconsistent.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I thought he was banged up, had three rushing touchdowns. He looked great. I mean that was an impressive performance both sides of the ball. But the Commanders, I know it sounds strange to say this, but they did have chances. They were close until all of a sudden they had turnovers, missed opportunities, and then it becomes fifty five to twenty three. Saquon was wonderful, but I still don't understand this. That's the one guy I have to stop. I just have to stop, and I'm sure they were trying to stop him, but I wanted Jalen Hurts to pass the ball. But all of a sudden they changed the play and Saquon goes for sixty. So Jalen Hurts saw something, Nick Sirian, somebody saw something, and all of a sudden they changed it. And I think that's kind of lost in this. So if you watch that play, Hurts see something changes. The play changes where Saquan is lined up, and then all of a sudden he goes left and then he goes back right, and then you go, oh, my goodness, he's done it again. And I was curious though, when you start to look at running backs like that, this doesn't happen in the postseason. So Saquon Barkley when you're running over sixty yards. He is the first player in NFL history three rushing touchdowns of sixty yards or more in his playoff career. All three have happened this season.
Speaker 6: Woo Cow stand of a day, Stan a day stand OUTA day, stand outa day. This is the stule of the day.
Speaker 2: And City Chiefs fan Melissa Entthred's there with stat of the day. Here's Nick Sirianni, the Eagles head coach, on Saquon.
Speaker 7: They don't give me a vote for MVP, but I know who my vote was. It is probably why they don't give me a vote because I would vote for Saquon. But special performance, special player, special job by the entire group to make that play go to start things off. And that was a good tone setter.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. Yeah, that's a home run. That's a Ricky Henderson leading off a game home run type of feel. But you know, the Commanders, you had a great year, you had a bad day, you had a great year, and you got a great future there. And I loved everything about their whole ride that they had. You know, Dan Quinn happy for him, Jaden Daniels was wonderful. I think you got to be introduced to some of their players yesterday. Maybe you weren't familiar with them. We're familiar with Jaden Daniels for a reason. But they got a bright future there and I thought it was wonderful. But the Eagles, the Eagles are now and you talk about a team that was built like moves that they make, and you go, I don't know about that draft pick, or they're bringing in Saquon Barkley. And remember go back to the offseason where you had analysts, you certainly had Philadelphia fans are like, why are we bringing him in? Our offensive line can make any running back good. True, your offensive line can make any running back good. Your offensive line can't make somebody rush for two thousand yards. And that's the difference with Saquon Barkley, Derrick Henry. He's just different. And then I love the return of the running back, love it, love it. And you got to see Saquon and he's a home run hitter. And that team is so balanced. And I know Howie Roseman, like, if there's somebody who is the Steve Spagnolo, like, Howie Roseman built this team. Hey, Spags is going to dial up something for the Chiefs. It would be the equivalent of that that you have a GM who gets men as much as a coordinator or coach does. But he did a wonderful job, did a wonderful joke. Remember I, you know, I was thinking about this with Saquon when he had that first touchdown run. I thought back to earlier in the regular season. Remember when he had the drop and all of a sudden, you know he was going to be with us that next day, and you know, he had people death threats. I mean it was in his home, you know, in Philadelphia, and that I go, God, that's so long ago, but it's not. And then here he is, you know, doing what he does better than anybody, and that's being a home run hitter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Pauline, there'd be a day a decade from now you'll say Saquon Barkley used to be a New York Giant because he's going to do so much good work with the Eagles. Was that Marshall Fauch Colts rams you remember the Colts career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's a great point. But you're watching and I thought Buffalo got away from the run. I don't know if James Cook was banged up but it reminded me of that third quarter when the Ravens were, you know, going with Derrick Henry and they just go down the field and they score a touchdown, and I kept thinking, Buffalo, don't get away from it, stay with it, and it just felt like they got towards other things, passing plays, trying to feature Josh Allen maybe a little bit too much. And yes, there are a couple of calls. The fourth down call, I thought that it was a bad spot. I thought it was a first down. And once again, I'm not rooting for anybody or rooting against anybody. I actually was rooting for no bad controversial calls. I don't know if you have too many people who watch a game going, hey, who you rooting for the referees so they don't screw this up so it doesn't become the conversation. But you know what's going to happen. They're eventually going to put a chip in the football and this probably is going to happen real quick in the offseason. Just so, I mean, it's archaic to have a chain gang, and it's random where you have an official spot the ball, and I don't want to go conspiracy theory. It just bothers me that when you watch a spot and then you go, how did they come up with that? And that was the feeling I had. I thought, Josh Allen got the first down, you know, the zabe you're worthy play fifty to fifty ball or it certainly felt like Buffalo had it Worthy didn't, but then they gave him the ball. It's not the end of the world, but it's those calls that all of a sudden, if you're the opposition, it just has this defeatist type feel like you're just going come on, and even if you're watching, you're going come on. You know, they do get the calls. At least that's the feeling. But yesterday with Josh Allen with the fourth down and uh, didn't get it. Here's Josh Allen after the game.
Speaker 3: You take your through those fourth out play there of the pressure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they gave a good look. Didn't see anything in my first cadence thanksliding left corner came. They hid that extremely well and uh, I think that was their only blitch of the day.
Speaker 3: They blitched once.
Speaker 2: Spags dialing up a bit there.
Speaker 5: We were all texting each other bags Bags.
Speaker 2: Andy Reid Camps City Chiefs on possibly three peeting.
Speaker 8: I think motivation is the wrong the wrong word, or I'm gonna just change that for you. So I would tell you we're motivated like crazy to win the game. I mean, that's what you're motivated to do. You get caught up in that other stuff, all the hype that goes with it, and then you forget about third and one in detailing that you know either side of the ball. So you've got to keep everything in perspective and really, when it comes down to it, all the coffetti, all that's great, I mean, is great. Nothing like doing it with your home fans. But it's going to come down to a football game.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can't lose sight of that. You got to win one for you to win three in a row. Win this one. Don't get caught up in history and mahomes nothing special this year. But I think we've come to accept that somehow, some way, he's going to make place. But you gave Buffalo chance. You got three and a half minutes, three timeouts, you got the two minute you know timeout, plenty of time, plenty of time, no need to rush but knock down a like they just made little plays. And if you go down the roster with the Chiefs and look, I've warmed up to them the last couple of years just because I see something that is really unique in this sport where they want parody and their ability to plug and play. It was unbelieva. I mean, Kareem Hunt. Anybody could have had him. I mean Xavier Worthy, Buffalo allowed Kansas City to go up and get him. Juju Smith, Schuster could have had him. I mean, Kelsey didn't do anything. Chris Jones wonderful, but the other defensive players, it just little things. Little things lead to big things, and that's where you know, they took the blueprint of what the Patriots did, have consistency with the coach and the quarterback, and then build from there.
Speaker 9: Yes, Marvin, at the beginning of the game, I forgot that Hollywood Brown and DeAndre Hopkins were on the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Hollywood Brown first two catchers, and I go, yeah, I didn't even know he was there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: PAULI Romo had something before the game. When he's previewing the game, he said, there's not a player on their team to focus on. It would have been Kelsey two years ago, but even him, he's more like a B level player. Now there's not a go to guy on a third down, so it makes it more confusing for the defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he used to be with Tyreek Hill, you know you had to worry about home run threat or you know Kelsey underneath. You know, Mahomes has got confidence in these guys. And I thought Romo had a really good day yesterday, even when he said, hey, kan City knows that Josh Allen likes to go left on that quarterback sneak that they were talking about that prior to the game. They have a production meeting where everybody gets together start talking about things to look for. You talk to your producer director and he said, they know that Josh likes to go left on that. Just little things and which was fun. It's fun to be able to watch that and hear what they have to say in real time. All Right, we'll get phone calls coming up. Best and worst of the weekend. What you saw that you liked, you didn't like? And by the way, Ohio State has a parade that's on Sunday. Yeah, it was yesterday down No I missed it. I wasn't sure if you were there or not. No, No, I didn't. I was busy watching football. So the Buckeyes had a parade. Well, they lost their defensive coordinator. He went to Penn State? Was he in the Preyede yesterday? And then like you go to the Prey and then you go to Penn State?
Speaker 5: Like your float just takes the Austre. He's taking a happy Valley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how far to Happy Valley?
Speaker 5: Streamers going down the highway.
Speaker 2: All right, let me take a break Ross Tucker. He was on the sidelines for the Eagles win yesterday. We'll get his thoughts on that game and the Super Bowl matchup. Your phone calls always welcome. We're back after this Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 10: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich?
Speaker 10: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 2: I mean that says something, right. So check us out.
Speaker 10: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media, that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Early odds from DraftKings chiefs one and a half point favorites, the over under forty nine and a half. How about the odds to win the Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes at plus one ten. Then it's Saquon Barkley, then it's Jalen Hurts, and really it's a three player race after that, Travis Kelcey, Xavier Worthy very very distant third and fourth.
Speaker 3: We'll come up with the.
Speaker 2: Pole question today. Ross Tucker, CBS Sports, Westwood One, NFL college football analysts, host of the Ross Tucker Football Podcast. He was on the sidelines yesterday sideline reporter for Westwood One, and he had the duties there with the NFC title game between the Commanders and the Eagles. When did the game change for you yesterday?
Speaker 3: Ooh, I trying to remember the exact situation. I think probably the fourth and five throw from Jalen Hurts to AJ Brown down the sideline. I think it was fourteen twelve. I might be wrong. I think it was fourteen twelve, fourth and five. I gotta be hones with you, Dan, I thought they were just hard counting him. I didn't they were gonna go for it. I mean, because he tried to hard count him twice. The Commanders, to their credit, didn't jump. So he throws a deep fade down the sideline. That's not necessarily a high percentage throw. But Hurtz, who by the way, had his best game in a couple months, dropped it right in the bucket perfect to AJ Brown. So they go and they score touchdown after that, then they kick off will Shipley Rocks McNichols fumble another touchdown. Game was kind of over in those last two minutes. It was that the throw to Brown, the ensuing fumble another touchdown. Those two touchdowns the last two minutes kind of ended the game.
Speaker 2: Is there a defense to stop Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 3: Such a good question, because they actually stop him a lot. When you watch until he goes seventy, it's like one of the craziest things. I honestly, Dan, I don't remember seeing this before. You know, there's some crazy stats out there. I think he has seven touchdown runs over sixty yards this year. The whole rest of the NFL maybe has ten or seven. I mean, I just I can't remember seeing a guy breaking this many long touchdown runs in general, and then in particular in big games. In big Spot, it was the first play of the game. You know, the commanders are all geared up to stop him. And the reason why it happens is because when you load the box you only have that one deep safety. You're actually putting that guy in a bad spot. That's why so often it's like a two yard gain or a three yard game. They actually stuff him a lot because they got a lot of guys up there. But if he gets past the second level and all you have is that one safety middle of the field, good luck to that guy, because that is a very tall task taking down Saquan Bark. It's amazing. You can almost feel what's gonna happen almost every game.
Speaker 2: I think the comp I would use, even though he didn't play in many big games, is Barry Sanders, because Barry would be two yards minus one, three yards, five sixty six. You know that sort of you know you're playing bingo with Barry. You know it'd be like eleven nineteen two, one sixty six touchdown.
Speaker 3: You know what, Dan, It's such a good point. Now, they obviously have different styles as runners, but you're a thousand percent correct. Barry Sanders was not like a sustaining running back. I remember the criticism of Barry Sanders at times was you know, it's also second and twelve a lot, you know what I mean. I mean he would like lose two yards. I have that sometimes with Saquon. They're different style runners, but at times I wonder about his vision. He does have some lost yardage or some runs where he doesn't have his many five to ten yard runs. I feel like, as you would think, but maybe that's just that is a great comp and they both have maybe the two biggest pair of thighs we've ever seen, so evidently that's what you want. You want gigantic thighs, and then you want to be able to take it sixty yards seemingly once or twice a game.
Speaker 2: The thighs go together. Just let you know, it's rare if you have one big thigh and then one small five it's a pair of big thighs. Pauly check that if you can, please, okay, thank you. As far as this, you know what sometimes gets lost when you have a story like this, the Commander's great year, bad day. But looking at building for the future, what do you see with the commanders before we say goodbye to them?
Speaker 11: Oh man, I would be very very excited, very excited because Number one, a lot of the guys they brought in this year with the new GM Adam Peters, they panned out. I mean, you think about out Frankie Louvu awesome bringing in guys like Bobby Wagner, Jeremy Chin did a lot of good things. The draft picks, I mean Jayden and Daniels obviously a home run. But how about Saint Rastill in the second round? And they traded down in the second round to get Saint Rastill.
Speaker 3: So if you're a Commander's fan right now, you know that the future is bright and you know you were just out gunned yesterday. I mean I talked to prepping for the game Dan, I talked to I don't know, three or four personnel executives, depending on who I spoke to. They said between three to five commanders would start for the Eagles. Oh, we think about that. Jonathan Allen would start next to Jaalen, Carter Louvu would start next to Zach Bond. Obviously Jayden Daniels would start. Although Hurt's played very well, but the fact remains, it's hard to win a game if you only have three to five guys that would even start for the other team. The Eagles are just that loaded, and then you have the fumbles and Hurts plays the best he has a go I mean good luck. I mean that's how you lose by thirty points.
Speaker 2: And I loved on ESPN dot com yesterday a long article about Daniel Snyder and how he's miserable. Imagine you get six billion dollars and you on your yacht somewhere in the south of France and you're watching this, and he's miserable because they they succeeded once they got rid of you. I love God. Wouldn't you love to have a camera on him as he's watching the Commanders on his yacht.
Speaker 3: I said this before the game. Actually, I would have paid money for a Dan Snyder castor or or have him come to the game and give him a box, give him a box for free, and give him the Taylor Swift treatment, you know, like every time the Chiefs score, something happens, they showed Taylor Swift in the suite. Every time the Commanders do something well, or Daydan Daniels runs for a touchdown, show Dan Snyder just like throwing his pen and being all upset. I mean, the timing of this, It's just incredible, it really is. I'm so excited. You know, I played there twice. You can see Dan the two helmets behind me. Yeah. I started my career there and finished it there. So I'm just so happy for those people down there. I mean when I was there and you know this, but when I was there, they had like a big season ticket waiting list. It was cool to play for the Redskins, right. I went to a game a couple of years ago. The stadium was half full and out of the half people that are there, half of them were for the other team. I mean, I've never seen in pro sports that erosion of a fan base. They have single handily brought it back now with Jayden Dan, I'm thrilled for those people down there.
Speaker 2: I'm talking to Ross Tucker. He was there for Westwood one. He was the sideline reporter for the Commanders and the Eagles. For the AFC. Mahomes was good, but it feels like the role players were wonderful. Like they don't have go to guys like Kareem Hunt. Anybody could have had him. Kelsey wasn't the go to guy yesterday. I didn't know Hollywood Brown was on the Chiefs. It was like one of those I went, oh, that's right. I mean, it's remarkable. And it's not just Chris Jones on defense. They are they have the Patriot way, the old Patriot way. We're plug and play, and they just seemed to figure it out and they all picked their moments, what stood out for you with Kansas City's win.
Speaker 3: Well, and also they're just extremely well coached, right, I mean you think about just think about the last two minutes. Okay, the fourth and five for Josh Allen, they bring that corner blitz. Now, I don't know why the Bills didn't have a better answer for the corner blitz there. You know, Spagnola likes to do it, but the guy came Scott free and Josh Allen heaved it. Now, kin kid probably still should have caught it, but there and then and think about those two third down conversions where both times Mahomes has Pacheco and p Ryan wide open in the flat. I mean, I think Andy Reid and spags are really really good. He everything that jumped out to me. You know, you gotta make the critical plays against the Chiefs. I know a lot of Bills fans, and I love those people. That was my favorite team I played for. That's that helmet right there, and I love those people. And there's a lot of talk about the spot on the quarterback sneak, and I get it. What I would say is, if you're the Bills, I'm a big believer in personal accountability, right, Like, don't let Mahomes go up and down the field and score thirty points for the first time all season, right, Or how about if you're Cole Bishop, don't let Xavier Worthy rip the ball away from you. If your kincaid catch the ball. If you're Josh Allen and Curtis Samuel Curtis Amos on the crossing route, there's nobody within ten yards of them, that's probably a forty yard play. Put the ball on them and let them don't get stuffed three times on quarterback sneak. The Bills had plenty of chances to win that game, and for whatever reason, teams do not make the critical plays to win the game against the Chiefs. They just it's like a voodoo doll or something. They don't do it and the Chiefs do. So the Chiefs deserve to win.
Speaker 2: You got three and a half minutes, you got three timeouts, you got the two minute warning. The Bills had a chance there. That's what you want. That's what MVPs want, the ball in their hands, and you know they couldn't come up with the big plays. You're right the spot on the you know, the push push with Josh Allen, Are we going to get to the point where we put a chip in the football? I've been saying this for years. I don't understand. We have all this modern technology and it just seems like, hey, let's bring out the chain gang or it's a random spot. And I know I'm using this as a you know, launching pad for this, but this is what happens. You have a big moment where we question this spot and you know it leads to something. Is it going to lead to a chip in the football?
Speaker 3: So a couple things, Dan, this is a really important point for football moving forward. Okay, being on the sideline yesterday, I say, almost half the time, Dan, I'm right behind the side judge or the field judge. It's almost impossible. You know, the football field is fifty three and a third yards wide, so these guys are like twenty eight yards away from these quarterback sneaks and there's fifteen guys, gigantic human beings in there. To be able to see where the ball is when the guy's shin or knee or elbow or forearm is down, it's almost impossible. You go back and watch the Josh Allen one the side judge comes in on this side of the forty, the field judge comes in on the other side of the forty, and then as they come in they usually look at each other and they try to even it out. The thing is two thoughts on this that are super important. Number One, if you run a quarterback sneak, you really are at the mercy of the side judge and field there. You run a quarterback power or a quarterback sweep like they did, and you have Josh Allen, just get outside or power through and clearly get over it. When you do the sneak, you're putting it in the hands of the officials a little bit. As far as the technology, so this is something that a lot of people don't know. And I saw Sam Schwarztein from Amazon posting there's been a chip in the ball for four years, which is why they know a lot of the things they know about tracking and all that stuff. It's very complicated. It's not tennis, okay, where it's a circular ball and you know you have that hawkeye vision you can see where the ball goes. Right. It's more complicated than that because even if you have the chip and the ball, it's not a sphere it's an oblong ball, but you still need to know when the body part touches the ground right, Like the technology doesn't know if it's the shin or the knee or the forearm. That it's a much more complicated solution that I think most people they've been working on. Trust me, they are working on it, but it's a lot easier said than done.
Speaker 2: That's great. Didn't even think of that. Those are all great points. I know that you delivered a pie to the face of a Notre Dame fan who thought Notre Dame would win a national title? How did that come about?
Speaker 3: So? I live in Central Pennsylvania, Harrisburg, Hersheira. I got a random email to Ross Tucker dot com. Will you uh push a smash a pie in my face? I'm doing it for the Dan Patrick Shaws Like I don't know who this guy is. I'm like, uh, yeah, probably not. I don't know. Emails me again, what do you think, Mike? Okay, I guess he wants to be on the look in, you know, and he lives in the area. So my daughter had to go to a birthday party at get Air on Saturday. I said, Hey, the birthday party starts at three thirty. I'll meet you because I'm know who this guy is. I'll meet you outside get Air at three thirty. He's there with his wife. My daughter videoed it. She got to put the whip cream in. I gotta tell you, that's one of the most satisfying thing I've ever done in my life. That is a great feeling. I want to like make a list now of like your people. I want to smash in the face with a pie, like anybody that the older guys that picked on me. It was one or two girls that wouldn't date me, Like, I just want to take pie and put smash in all their faces. That was so satisfying.
Speaker 2: You were a little rough on him though, Like yeah, it was it too hard? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did I go too hard? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, Okay, he said let me have it. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know the proper like, yeah, the centrifugal force I think knocked him back. I say this from experience. Michael Irvin hit me with a pie and it drew blood. Uh, Like he had no idea. He was like giving me the heisman there. So just the next time, if it comes up, just be a little more cognizant. Of you're a little bit bigger than whoever you're gonna hit.
Speaker 3: I was very concerned about getting it on my sweatshirt, so I was trying to like I was trying to hit him and bounce bast Yeah, as fast as I could.
Speaker 2: Great to talk to you. We'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Ross.
Speaker 3: Sounds great. I can't wait to see you guys in person.
Speaker 2: That's Ross Tucker, CBS Sports Westwood Want it sounds great? What to see you in person? By I love his listing, host of the Ross Tucker Football Podcast. Yeah, we'll see him in New Orleans. We'll take a break. Our play of the day's up next, and your phone calls.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 10: W app Oh my God, the play of the day.
Speaker 8: Play this is.
Speaker 2: The play of the day.
Speaker 3: Check this out.
Speaker 12: Pitches it out to Parkley, takes off to the outside.
Speaker 5: He's at the fifty. He's at the forty. He's at the forty.
Speaker 12: He's gonna go fifty ten five touch down, Save Parkley sixty yard hoping cook.
Speaker 2: That's courtesy of the Eagles Radio Network WIP in Philadelphia, and that's your play of the day. Speed up your hiring process with Express Employment Professionals. Reduce time to hire, cut cost, find the right talent for contract in full time roles. Visit expresspros dot com today transform your hiring process. We'll get to a couple of phone calls. Here's the stat for you. In the first fifty four NFC Championship games, so nineteen seventy to twenty twenty three, there were a total of three players who had at least three rushing touchdowns in a game.
Speaker 3: EMMITTT.
Speaker 2: Smith did it in nineteen ninety five, Adrian Peterson in two thousand and nine, Raheem Mostert in twenty nineteen. The Eagles had two. He had Berkley and Hertz. Yesterday, stat of the Day, Sat of the Day, That beast stat of the day. Stat of the day.
Speaker 3: Here comes that what stat.
Speaker 2: Of the day. Brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Dylan is in for Seat News on the road with the French Kid to New Orleans and here you go. You get to do the poll question today.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Dan.
Speaker 5: So the first bolst question is who's in more offseason pain, Bills, Lions or other?
Speaker 2: Hmm. I put the Cowboys in there. They're always in there. That was one of those where I go, Okay, they made it official. They made it official on Friday night. It was just odd we called a news dump anything after five o'clock on Friday. You're like, man, we're so excited to tell you about this that you'll read about it on Saturday if you want to hide a story. The Cowboys did a wonderful job as far as pain in the off season. So you said Lions, Bills or other. Boy, I'm gonna say the Lions because I think we thought going to the title game last year, had a big lead. Okay, they're going to come back. Granted they had all those injuries. Now you've lost your coordinators and other coaches, but then you have Buffalo. Like at what point, Like, can Buffalo get over this hump? You can win in the regular season against Kansas City, but it's all about the postseason. Regular season doesn't matter. It's postseason. I'm gonna say the Lions because I thought the Lions would be in the Super Bowl and win the Super Bowl. I didn't think Buffalo would be here. But that's a credit to them. They played great football, but when they needed to play great football, they didn't. Yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, poelm I would have said the Lions a couple of days ago. But the Lions feel like they can get to the Super Bowl in the NFC. Being a Bills fan right now must be like what a Cleveland Cavaliers fan in the mid nineties or a Knicks fan in the mid nineties, where Michael Jordan's in the league.
Speaker 5: I don't know how we're getting there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Mahome's nickname should be the Hump the Bills. He's twenty nine years old. If I'm a Bills fan, I'm thinking again the Bills past six years, they're one of the better teams in the history of of football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, he's the eraser. Yeah, Mahomes is the eraser. He just whatever it is. He erases any doubts, he erases your chances, he erases a league, a lead, the great eraser, Gyues Todd.
Speaker 3: I know it keeps.
Speaker 12: Happening, but there's no shame in losing to Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs. Nothing against the Commanders, but the Lions their home against a rookie quarterback. Even if you win by one point or our last second field goal, you've got to get past the Commanders and get into that NFC title.
Speaker 2: But Todd, I don't think it's shame. It's pain, Like there is no shame losing to Patrick Mahomes. But it's the feel that you have that you still lost no matter what. Hey, we had a great season, like Commanders had a great season. There's no shame in losing yesterday. There's still pain. And I think with the Bills, I mean, that's just that's just pain that is in the fabric, in the d of that city. It's just there. You know it's happening, You know it. You don't know where or how or how much it's going to hurt or who's gonna inflict it, but it's coming. Yeah, Marvin, and.
Speaker 9: I just feel bad for Josh Allen. In about ten or fifteen years, he's going to get a call to be a part of the Chief's Last Dance documentary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Paul.
Speaker 4: If I'm a Bills fan, yesterday, with three and a half to go, we stopped Mahomes, We held him to a field goal. Felt like a complete win and you get the ball with three and a half and three timeouts, you could roll down the field with James Cook and keep Mahomes from ever touching the ball.
Speaker 2: If you would have said that was the scenario that you got three and a half minutes, three timeouts, two minute warning and you're down three and you got Josh Allen, I'd say I'll sign up for that, And Buffalo would have signed up for that, but couldn't produce the points. Some of the coaching hires the Saints haven't hired somebody, which leads you to believe is somebody still in the postseason, or is Cliff Kingsbury going to get an opportunity here? Is Mike McCarthy going to get an opportunity there? But what Dallas did, as I've said before, when you're hiring somebody and nobody else is interviewing the person that you're hiring, that's a big deal. That's one of those This is for Jerry. This allows Jerry to be able to be the same owner, GM and coach that he's been for the last thirty plus years. It's status quo, and I is it fair to be knocking Brian Schottenheimer, who's been around the league for a long time, and his father, of course, a great coach. It's not about him. It just felt like it wasn't a true search. Doesn't feel like that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: If you said they were gonna end up with Brian Schottenheimer, I would have said, let's go all in on Deon Sanders, or let's go all in on Mike Vrabel, Like, let's let's get something. What's the downside. You're all for thirty over thirty? Yeah, okay, maybe Dion's not ready for it, but he's gonna bring in people. Boy, he's gonna get he's gonna spark up the locker room. And I mean there's stuff going on here. I mean, Brian Schottenheimer. You probably had to google. You shouldn't have to google your head coach, right.
Speaker 9: Yes, Unfortunately you're thinking, oh, man, he's the coach the Chiefs and the Chargers. No, no, no, no, that's Marty Schotenheimer.
Speaker 5: What if he wasn't related to Marty Schottenheimer.
Speaker 4: Just a coincidence, like, oh, we got a guy with a great lineage in the NFL, a very good coach.
Speaker 5: Oh no, oh, just random.
Speaker 2: It's just uninspiring, that's all. And that's that's a franchise that has been un inspiring when it comes to their head coaches. But you know there's a common denominator here. It's Jerry. This is who Jerry wants. Jerry wants to get all that damn credit. If I bring in someone like Dion, you know he's gonna get all the credit. He'll be a media darling. Even Vrabel if he wins, he'll get all the credit. I'm not bringing in Belichick, He'll get all the credit. I want all the credit.
Speaker 9: Yes, Mark and Commanders Spans are looking like. See what happens when you lose your owner.
Speaker 2: You can't come really good. You need to have Jerry join Dan Snyder in the south of France on their yachts. One hour in the books, Two more to go on this Monday, more phone calls, best and worst of the weekend. We're back after this