Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kate Erlan, I'm Jacqueline Novak.
Speaker 2: And this is poog, an ongoing conversation about wellness between two obsessive friends.
Speaker 1: Two untamable intellects.
Speaker 2: This is our hobby, This is our hell, This is our naked desire for free products. This is poog.
Speaker 1: Today's topics looselie speaking.
Speaker 2: Good thing, bad thing? Who knows? Hello?
Speaker 3: Lo, I look like you know the devastating truth of you know when you go, that's that's me.
Speaker 2: I was going to say to you, hey, let's not do a video today because I'm too ugly today, but I want to say this.
Speaker 1: You look the same as you always do.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Something happened, Something has happened. And I always heard about.
Speaker 3: This that just one day you age it's over. It's not over, but just kidding. No, No, I realized that outside it. But no, I was going to ask you because I noticed that you were suddenly like you were suddenly rapidly begging for a faith pillow okay, and like sending.
Speaker 1: Me video of you doing a lima laser.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I was like, okay, she's on one.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I you know, I'm Today's day four. I'm committing I want everyone to hear me. Here, fifteen minutes a day for the lima, you've got it out I'm doing. I'm committing to fifteen minutes a day for three months. That's what they say. And listen, I'm i gonna do it every day. Of course not, but I'm really gonna try. You have to and so and I'm now every night I'm going, oh, fuck my pillow, smashing my face, aging me rapidly as something happened. And I know this is what people say. Suddenly I'm running into some people seeing some photos online of people I haven't seen in years, like before COVID, and I go, damn, they really look old. And I go, well, then you must look old, bitch, you know what I mean. I'm like, wow, I have an age today and yet look at these people. So I'm like, it's me too, and necessarily like I feel I'm not over here, like truly miserable, like I'm you know, I love myself whatnot. But I am like, I am like, that's kind of mystifying to me.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh oh, and then here's a little morning drama. I get my invoice, I get in my inbox, my email, some notifications an invoice. Yeah, but I get I guess notifications from Amazon or refunding this order or refunding that order. I go, what's going on this probiotic that I've been ordering from Amazon? I've taken probably three hundred of these, the megaspore biotic. Okay, they go, it's counterfeit. They go, we recommend if you have this product in your house to throw it away immediately and discontinued use. Kate.
Speaker 1: I go, well, cool, I can't believe you got had like this? Do I so believe you got had?
Speaker 3: Right? Hold on?
Speaker 2: Do you think this is like mold or probably just like salt? You know what I mean? Like it's not poison?
Speaker 3: No, I think it would take more effort to like, you know, drum up some poison.
Speaker 2: And you know, it's funny. I've been like it works, and I've been I was off it for a while, and then the last two days I go, I gotta re you know, I got to bring my probiotic back in every day, and I go, it's really good. I do think my stomach's been feeling a little better the last couple of days. Full placebo with salt slash poison.
Speaker 3: Well, you didn't google to see what what someone I wouldn't there, just didn't figure it out.
Speaker 2: I have another poison alert. Another poison alert. This is really disgusting and actually kind of hard to admit. So my trad wife sippy cup that I carry around.
Speaker 1: This straw was disgusting. So I have my straw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I I disassemble the straw and I go, are you fucking kidding? It wasn't horrendous, but but but there was are you are you ready for this? A couple of black spots? Are you hearing this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I go, and there was salt and I get the what's it called salt? Pipe cleaner? Sorry? Soap? Yeah, soap? Oh, I go, I'm gonna be calm, but I go, well, I can't be trusted with a child. I go, this is crazy. Although I'm like, you hear, oh you gotta wash stuff. I go, God, I guess you really do have to wash some stuff?
Speaker 1: Well, right, you go, you go, you go?
Speaker 3: Surely you know you sell you the pipe cleaner?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I go, I can run some water through there. I go, it's water and water through there?
Speaker 1: You think it's water?
Speaker 2: How bad can I get oh.
Speaker 1: Just saliva kind of oh god, disgusting.
Speaker 2: So I've had this, really my hydrations at an all time love the last couple of days because I was so traumatized.
Speaker 1: That there's no safe vehicle.
Speaker 2: I washed. I washed it, and I'm seeing online and everyone goes, yeah, this is why you really want the wide mouth. I go, wide mouth? Could it's pouring all over me. It's not efficient like the poog bottle or I just yeah, like a poo bottle, or you know wh I do, just suck it up and start cleaning. I guess it's what I do every fucking day. I'm in there with the pipe cleaner and the salt and the soap. Shit, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 3: So, well, yeah, there's a few things, because you know, I mean, I live a water bottle life every day, filling that up, taking it poo to the gym, right pooh?
Speaker 1: Well, no, I have my gray treadwive zippy cup.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I said it, but because I got it in a similar gray tone to the dress in this sort of like I'll always remember this time. And I got a brand because I wanted it to I wanted something to sit in in the cup perfectly. So I got the hydroflask via Backcountry. Remember I told you about Backcountry the store at the grove that I went in there and I said, it's like Ari, I okay, so it's.
Speaker 2: All coming back. It's all coming back, thank you.
Speaker 3: Now what was I using before? Oh my, a wala or whatever I was using and had a real wake up call opening up the Oh no, like getting into some corner it hadn't been in and going wow. Now, I'll also note I think we're all fine in the other way, like it's also completely you know, I don't know, okay, of course anything about it. But people are slobs. I mean in the eighties you think they were using pipe cleaners.
Speaker 2: No, no, completely, there's squirt bottles at the end of they were fine. But I did gasp when I looked in there and saw the color black A few black dots was bad, and I go, that's black mold. And I guess it's not black mold, but it's mold. That's black.
Speaker 3: It's not necessarily so guys. Uh but wait, hold on a couple of things. Wait, I wrote down in agony.
Speaker 1: What's that I don't know? Oh yeah, the probiotics.
Speaker 3: So you got I can't believe that you it happened. So this is a classic in.
Speaker 1: The skincare community.
Speaker 3: Okay on Amazon, is be careful because you know you're not getting pot in skincare.
Speaker 2: You're getting some fac o jacqueline, this probiotic.
Speaker 5: I gotta go.
Speaker 2: I go, guys, you're only refunding me. I've spent probably three hundred dollars on all I've gotten. I've gotten. It's gotten, I've gotten. Is that correct? Yeah? I have gotten, I have got it. Yeah. Literacy at an all time low. I went into a books for the other day, go, you don't deserve to be in here. I go in what led to this?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 2: This is just topics, say gotten, and felt like I don't know what words are anymore, and that my literacy has plummeted, devastating deleted Instagram yesterday They instantly improved. But I go into a book that before I know. I go into bookstore yesterday and I pick up books. I start opening the side the side flap. I go get to the point, I don't even have the I don't even have the fucking patience or the attention spanshy. I go, let's go to go through. No, not even a gift, just the side, the side. What the fuck? I don't even know what the word is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the inner jacket, the inner.
Speaker 2: Jacket, I go, this, I go, and a tale of I go, let's go, tale of what faster tiale of what I I am speeding through the inner jacket. Can't even do it. I've had ad D DOC circled on my calendar to call them. We got sent this this and repeat focused dietary supplement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that arrived yesterday. I noticed that I know who's it made by? Oh, it's made by and repeat? Right.
Speaker 1: Did it come with a pill bottle.
Speaker 2: A very elaborate pill box that I was having trouble with.
Speaker 3: Actually, well, because you were asking it to be more than it is, probably, yeah, like I was, because.
Speaker 2: I think there was a lower layer. Yeah, and I go, do I have to open this up?
Speaker 1: Something's gonna slide out.
Speaker 2: Nothing's going to open up hard Jacqueline.
Speaker 1: It feels like.
Speaker 2: Very hard to describe it by a radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll post it. Just felt like it had a lower level that was more.
Speaker 2: I know it was confusing, but thanks for sending it. Very curious as you can imagine. But then you know what I also saw, because I'm going, Okay, what am I gonna do? Get back on stimulants and ruin my life? All yeah, making people's brains bad or something?
Speaker 1: Really, where where's that coming from?
Speaker 2: I mean something I hardly saw planning something I saw sight in one eye as I was digest served to you after like fight videos after you read that other.
Speaker 1: Book, Hollowell. But I am, well, yeah, I mean I the ad D.
Speaker 2: Years Lost, Lives Lost, World Lost.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm going I'm going to have to. I think I'm going to have to.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's like, you know, like the idea of sanity being like you know whatever the group is doing right, like you know, the whole world were whatever. So it's like I'm like, oh, I guess I have to go out to the forest and just be like totally freey out there, right, But.
Speaker 1: That's not what I'm going to do.
Speaker 3: So instead I have to be like I am what I am here amongst the others, and it's becoming my own failure.
Speaker 1: Like talk about it. I'll tell you that later.
Speaker 3: But just like, oh, like it's real, you know what I mean, Like like they came a calling.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean the add Okay, yeah, you'll tell me later. I'm not I'll just tell you later.
Speaker 1: But like you're going with tears, I love you, I love you.
Speaker 2: I love the tears fault. I get it. I was feeling yesterday, yesterday and today I was like, oh my god, like it's just.
Speaker 3: It's just like you know, I'm just how to cut it later but just too exhausting.
Speaker 2: But like this is the poets. Are you crying? It's the policing. I need those tears, you know. And by the way, Pooh is another example I mean of we struggle with poop Oh. Yeah, no, I I get into think just because we like I mean and to everyone listening, like thank you, like we we've we do anyone else we probably I was like texting you or I was saying. I was like, we haven't even posted images of our merch on our of our of our like that's so fun.
Speaker 3: I posted like flat ones like but this idea that we're going to take one photos together, like.
Speaker 2: Like bare minimum taking us like to move you. And it's like, what do you gotta do? All you got well, of course post photos of yourself on the shit. Can't get it together? Completely confused. Don't understand our contract.
Speaker 3: I've been completely fixated on every time there's like I'm dealing with something else that I really need to do, and I never got to my tears.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about him in a minute and maybe they'll come back, right.
Speaker 3: But just like you know this, but it's like I log more hours just literally self fitty, but move through it.
Speaker 1: I log more hours working than.
Speaker 3: Like anyone, you know, and like I don't it doesn't make it out of my house or my computer, but it does.
Speaker 2: Jacqueline written a book. You were at the Emmys last week. It does make it out. I know it feels like it, but it does. It does make it out.
Speaker 3: And then I was like like like trying to clean them YouTube and seeing like YouTube videos from like two thousand sticks and.
Speaker 2: What would it make you say?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 2: What to make you think?
Speaker 3: Just like you know, like seeing like you know, like a comedy video like We're Fife.
Speaker 1: It was it was unlisted like.
Speaker 3: I'm private up years ago, but like you know, like basically like a child.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, and like.
Speaker 3: I don't even know, like I mean, in general, the passage of time, Oh my god, it's like just too fucking much like I was thinking about last night.
Speaker 1: Like especially insane them.
Speaker 3: We're asked to live this way, okay, in a constant state of change. I know this is like everything, yeah, but like it's completely untenable okay, that you're literally always.
Speaker 1: So that's why I.
Speaker 3: Think that people are hooked on these ideas about like decades, like my twenties, okay, because like then they can they can think that time stops in their twenties and they're in a state of being in their twenties, and.
Speaker 2: Then you're in your ten thirties and then you're in.
Speaker 3: Right and you're static, your static right, but you're literally not well.
Speaker 2: I've always tried to figure this out and stand up. It's a it's a bit that I'll try to work on. I know we don't talk about you don't to base ourselves in that way by taking on specific bits. But I've always been like, I can't believe that we're the life is continuous, that it's constant. You're you're born, then you're alive the whole time until you do you're dead. Yeah, Like that is fucking crazy. You you aren't allowed to reject for a couple of weeks ago, I died for four months and then I came back, and then I died like two years later for a week. You're just constantly alive. Like that's the most fucked up. Yeah, I mean there is no mercy.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why the only I mean, that's that's where like sleep, I mean it makes a lot of sense, like in this one way, like we break down like a machine, like and it makes good sense that we do, right, but like you literally cannot, like.
Speaker 1: You machine every night to the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, after the brain. I mean it's washed with even a day. You would think you sleep every two weeks. Every two weeks. It's so much that you have to sleep every day.
Speaker 1: And and you're going.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for a bedtime tonight. It's one of those days. I go, let's get to bed.
Speaker 3: Well, it is interesting that sleep is enough to restore you.
Speaker 1: It's like I know, well things, I'm just lying there.
Speaker 3: It's weird in shutdown mode.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm just sorry. In my dream you remember, I'll just say quickly to your sweetest thing in the world, my cat who meant the world to me, who died when I was ten. Rio, Oh fucking I come downstairs. Rio is there like a person puts his arms.
Speaker 1: Around me, like a person in which sense.
Speaker 2: And like with cat arms lifted up and put his cat arms around me. It's the sweetest thing. His eyes were filled with tears, like he was so excited to see me.
Speaker 1: I think it was a visitation. Means obviously I love you. Why at this time?
Speaker 2: I know why?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because life is hell? Yeah, we love it, God, we love it. But fuck endless lost new horrors at every turn you come around a corner. Oh no, horror, Well what else could happen? There's another horror beyond that next corner. But we keep going.
Speaker 1: You know that it's good, it's pretty good. But that thing, like you know, oh, let me let me pull it up.
Speaker 3: It's a good good thing. Yeah, reach first saying good thing?
Speaker 1: Bad thing? Who knows that?
Speaker 2: You told me? What is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And I'm gonna get it because like I always Oh.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have a parable to change my life. Is it a parable? I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: It's a SOUPI tale? Okay, you ready, let's go.
Speaker 2: You want to give it to me, give it to me hard.
Speaker 1: Wait, let me find it.
Speaker 2: I need tales. This is why fair. We have story reading. I mean it's narrative.
Speaker 3: It's like, well, I was just trying to god, okay, because and I'm not fucking around. Okay, women who run with the wolves either, we go and do totally different new podcasts just about it.
Speaker 1: That, but that you need to work through it. You need to work through women who run with the wolves.
Speaker 2: I own it. It's at my parents' house.
Speaker 1: Crack the spine. Okay. There once was a farmer who owned a horse and had a sun.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say right now, this was told to me. I already know what this is. It's fucking changed my life. Was one I was gonna say, But the one that I have is like a Chinese interpretation, interpolation. I could go in. I used to understand language, I used to have ideas. I used to able to articulate myself. And then I got Instagram and I donated my life to it. And it ends again. I'm not doing it again. I'm getting it gets smart again.
Speaker 3: You'll yeah, Okay, Well, I was fed an article on Instagram that then I did run off to read New Yorker about you know, teen suicides and social media and the whole thing.
Speaker 1: He was written by Andrew Solomon, who written undate demon. Oh hey, I'm pretty sure an article in the New Yorker.
Speaker 3: So you know, well, okay, no, I was just gonna I'll say it now because it never is a thing. But you know, we don't crassly work on bits okay on the show, as you were just saying. But I'll just since we did it once, I'll just acknowledge. It's just I have this like thing about parables Parle. He was just like, how I hate the parables, obvious idiot. Okay, Like it's just a dragon the story. So they're like there were three brothers. Yeah, first took the father's money and shoved it up his as and you're like, okay, okay, yeah him, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Do we need him, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and when they really milk it, when they sit there as hell. Okay, There once was a farmer who owned a horse and had a son. One day his horse ran away.
Speaker 2: Because it's changed my life, all right.
Speaker 3: There once was a farmer who owned a horse and had a son. One day his horse ran away. The neighbors came to express their concern, Oh that's too bad. How are you gonna work the fields now? The farmer replied, good thing, bad thing who knows. In a few days his horse came back and brought another horse with her. Now the neighbors were glad. Oh, how lucky Now you can do twice as much work as before. The farmer replied, good thing, bad thing, who knows. The next day, the farmer's son fell off the new horse and broke his.
Speaker 2: Leg, and comes neighbors were concerned again.
Speaker 3: Now that he is incapacitated, he can't help you around. That's too bad. The farmer replied, good thing, bad thing, who knows. Soon the news came that a war broke out and all the young men were required to join the army. The villagers were sad because they knew that many of the young men will not come back. The father's son could not be drafted because of his broken leg. His neighbors were envious. How lucky you get to keep your only son. The farmer replied, good thing, bad thing who knows? Interesting it ended there? I could have it go on forever, I mean, because I thought i'd sort of remember it like.
Speaker 1: And he died, good thing, bad thing? You even knows? Like they really went there?
Speaker 3: I don't the one that I heard is this not the sound because something's a miss?
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah it is no, no no.
Speaker 3: I just had like, are you count no man lucky until he's dead? The other thing I just bring up.
Speaker 2: No, no, I don't care man lucky until he's I don't know what that is, but I just was saying what I heard was a similar story, but it didn't involve the good thing bad thing who knows repeating phrase at all. It just was like cow's similar things, sons like being broken interesting and then the army doesn't take him and it ended there. But who among us.
Speaker 1: It's the same story, no refrain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to go away for a week and only read, but I won't.
Speaker 3: Well, it's interesting because I cracked open a couple couple of books just literally just to dip the toe in and and you know, restored within seconds, by the way, by restored within seconds, Yeah yeah, okay, yeah, I was like, and then I put it down, and I was like, should I go back for more?
Speaker 2: Didn't you know, never never being restored?
Speaker 3: This is interesting. I forgot I got this my and then I glanced up at my shelf. So many books that I'm excited about, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I all of which I know would lift me in the heavens. And but.
Speaker 2: That's why every day that I don't garden, it is a waste. Every day my hand's ont touch soil.
Speaker 3: Do you mean, oh I thought you meant. I thought you meant in the garden of the mind. No, wait, actually, do want to go back though to Lima and your your protocol.
Speaker 1: So you're funny, I know you.
Speaker 3: Okay, you get locked in on things you know, or you lock in and you've locked in on this fifteen minutes idea. Oh okay, now you know what I'm going to say.
Speaker 2: Right, wait, what do an hour?
Speaker 3: Well? Just no, but like you're because you're gonna want to glide all around the face, right, you're gonna gons what I'm I've.
Speaker 2: Been doing the serum all over, the glide serum, and then I'm doing the glacial paste all over, concentrating on eleven's because I felture's my forehead the last few months from all the like gruesome sobbing, I've had literal new lines. I'm like, that's so crazy, Like I'm like, wow, that is like the beauty of aging or whatever, like the horror of it. It's like, yeah, you have like your cry for a few months, and your fucking face is altered as a result. But I'm still convinced the lines are superficial idea.
Speaker 3: In an age state, you are more malleable and reflective of what's going on. You're like a softer clay m kind of kind of. I was thinking about this today in the shower. I was thinking about how like the you know, youth leading the culture.
Speaker 2: There is no wisdom not there is no wisdom in you.
Speaker 3: And no like the youth should be out dancing to the songs of the ripe pan flute, the ripe, the ripe thinker, okay, and while they toil away at home and hope.
Speaker 1: To grow into I mean, that's that's what it should be.
Speaker 3: Like. It's so vile the idea of one's prime being you know, in the middle or something.
Speaker 2: It's don draper, don draper, death instantly. The young don't know anything, especially that they're young, and it's like it's like children have something to teach us, of course, but youth, I mean, just.
Speaker 1: A bunch of people with wisdom walking around ashamed.
Speaker 3: Okay, is like like it.
Speaker 1: Should be, and it serves it's like.
Speaker 2: God, I know, I I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it gets.
Speaker 3: Very thin and fast when and I believe that the the fully grown okay people do actually have to pick up the mantle if they are, if all they're doing is running around trying to worship the youth, then they themselves are neglecting to step up and say like here I am you know what I mean? Yeah, like no, like do your best work, you know whatever, Like I just I don't know. I've always wanted since I began fearing death as a teen, right, I was like, the only I can only tolerate life if it is not it is not me trying to drive towards some peak that's supposed to happen at a certain time and I better hit that peak and then dissent.
Speaker 1: No, I do not care. It has to be aiming for essentially better every year. And I know that's a.
Speaker 2: Little like horizontal, sounds a little goofy, but like no, no, no, no, it's true.
Speaker 3: Like I want ninety nine even if I'm decrepit, Okay, I want to spiritually, emotionally, artistically for shit in my fucking top.
Speaker 2: For fucking sure, it's hard because the models for that, like, like I feel lucky that I I had some women, like I knew a woman who was like ninety five, who's like fucking had it together, amazing artists, like hair pulled back in a little ponytail, like gorgeous, elegant, like fucking had it. I mean, now, of course my fear, the fear of Alzheimer's, of course absorbing me in the middle of the night. But I know it's not crazy with Alzheimer's soon not to just spread fear. But I was talking about talking of my neurologists, and he was like, by the way, I gotta get that. I gotta get the facts right before I go, before I go on the radio with this well but something. He was basically talking about how common Alzheimer's is and how it's like basically if you make it and again like your own research or whatever, but it's like if you make it to eighty, like you're pretty like good, right, But it's like by seventies, there's some age where it's like half the fucking population has it. But they're like varying degree. Some people are completely fine and they're like never you know, spottable. Some people get dealt a fucking brutal hand. But it's like anyway, I'm just trying to figure. I was like, I was like, I got it because I was looking into this a while ago. But I was like, death with dignity for Alzheimer's, like has to happened. I was like, I gotta get that in my file now. Yeah, if I'm diagnosed, like, I want the fucking powder and a cup in my fucking mouth pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can do it in California or Portland or something.
Speaker 3: It was imagining like me and John Early delivering like I already saw a syringe in hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, split in two, Okay.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just joking that it's committed to each other.
Speaker 2: I'm glad it's committed to radio because that is what I want. But it's it's tricky because you gotta it's Yeah, it's very tricky with cognitive decline. It's much more difficult. It's much more re litigious and difficult than if you just you know, right, And I want to be clear, I'm not depressed.
Speaker 1: She's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Remember over there in the coffin. What's that problem?
Speaker 1: No, it was like Tiara being brought in.
Speaker 2: Wait, what the person is hugely deformed?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just in the well, of course you're ripped apart by chance, you're ripped apart by a chimp. Yeah, and then they put a tiara on your head for your birthday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guy, you know it's also saves the day poog talking to you.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely, like, like, no, it's good.
Speaker 3: I'm having the moment of like I just sort of like it was like you do more work than anybody, you know, you know, like that's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: No, you do do a lot of work. It's just.
Speaker 1: I don't know this. I don't know.
Speaker 3: This feels like a moment of turning over, you know this, This feels like the time of change.
Speaker 2: Something is in the fucking air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, interesting, it's a.
Speaker 2: Big time no, I feel it big, really big, big time series. Oh well, three things. Well, first of all, there is as we know, yeah, I don't really know anything about this, but there no, there is something astrological, astrological going on always or whatever. But no, it's more twenty twenty seven. Everything's gonna change twenty twenty seven. It's a big one. Yeah, that's the whole like paradigm shift, new energy, whatever, the dawning of all the old systems will fall apart in such and such. But the little systems are always falling apart.
Speaker 5: Folks.
Speaker 3: Oh, by the way, you should try the probiotic that was sent to us by doctor b Oh.
Speaker 2: Fuck, it's in a powder. Yeah, I'm gonna do it tonight. I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: But it's all about if you introduce whatever to the gut, you strict feeding the gut.
Speaker 1: You have to keep feeding it the food.
Speaker 3: Like basically, it's like you take a probiotic and you stop, it goes away.
Speaker 1: You have to feed feed it.
Speaker 2: Have you been taking it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Do you have plans tonight?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I I why come on, just look me plans?
Speaker 2: Come to screening with me?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is there a screening or going to specifically cinema? Wait? Is today Russia? Sha? Or tomorrow tomorrow?
Speaker 2: I need to fall to my fucking eve and pray. I pray, I pray all the time.
Speaker 1: Kind of Yeah, the constant where's the altar?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: Just likely going? Where is my altar?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I know? Oh my god, I mean.
Speaker 1: Oh, I guess it has to be internal.
Speaker 2: No, we have to externalize. No, we need external alters. Downing as Celsius. That a girl.
Speaker 1: I think it did you get this in the mail? Fuck?
Speaker 2: No, it's at my old house. It's sent it to my old address. Oh really, yeah, is that is that? Wait? That's I say, Oh my god, amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay they sent us No.
Speaker 2: Size has been very good.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, the stuff. Just I love that we're just on their list. Don't you dare take us off? I pulled it up and pulled it open, and I go, I see all these different liners, right, the liners, And I go, O, don't know, did something happen where they accidentally put in three of the same color?
Speaker 1: Okay? I go, like, you know, maybe the promotional kits like things get a little sloppy in the gifting corner. And then I turned them and it says, no, they have different names on them.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I just want you to take a look because these are remarkably close and I can't think I have guy.
Speaker 2: What the color?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 2: What's the shade? Flirt?
Speaker 1: Wink?
Speaker 2: And but what are the shades?
Speaker 1: You mean? Like, how would I describe brown?
Speaker 3: Red?
Speaker 2: You said? They're so close in shade? What's the shade?
Speaker 3: They're like this very just I don't even know clayish, very like, can't get it out.
Speaker 1: I just want you to see because it's it's pretty. I mean, it's impressive, genuinely. It must mean I mean I assume this means they have like.
Speaker 3: An extensive range. And then I also am wondering where these bespoke. Did they look at my lips and say, you know you're one, You're one of these?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I just want to get it out, but like, I don't know, those actually don't look that simwhere now in the light? All right?
Speaker 3: Sorry, So they've sent us one two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine nine.
Speaker 1: Lip glosses, lip boiled glasses. What are you going to do with that?
Speaker 3: Because you can't you can't keep them all, man, unless it because you're hero product, right.
Speaker 2: You can't keep them all.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, you're allowed to keep them all.
Speaker 3: I just mean, are you gonna let them take over your oh make money?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, I'm really I fucking bought bought, Remember I bought the gorgeous slipliner from the Hot Girl. It's gone. I was I was using it. It's gone. It is fucking gone, and I know that it must turn up. It's almost like a spirit took.
Speaker 1: It to pay for your objective.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry. Can you tell Ooh fuck, I want those colors. They're kind of like brownish pinkish horror colors. Oh, that's what I want. I have to go get them.
Speaker 1: And then I mean it's really Yeah, it's a real.
Speaker 2: Palette here, and then we thank you.
Speaker 3: See look, you know I would never go for it. I think, oh, there's no way this dark brown is gonna work on me.
Speaker 2: I loved here. It is here, it is it?
Speaker 1: Say okay, say how to say it? We always say how to say it?
Speaker 2: And by the way, yeah, I've been using there. I have to say. I've been using their tinted moisturizer stuff like every day. I'm like done with the bottle I've been using.
Speaker 1: Wait, is that the thing that's like bass milk or that.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's it's just a tinted sunscreen. It's like SPF thirty. It comes really Yeah. Did I miss that or or I may have purchased it out of pocket. No, I'm pretty sure it came to us.
Speaker 1: And then we got this this serious kit from One Skin.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, One Skin, which fucking rules, and we used I use their skin serum down to the last goddamn drops squeezing it out. Me too, And I heard some hat got it and was like I love this stuff.
Speaker 3: I remember, yeah, yeah, So I it up and I go, I go, this is almost I start reading and I go, this is almost like content.
Speaker 1: Like I was like, big movement, actually be interested in this. I was like double blind placebo, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And then peptides and I just I can't for the life of me lock in.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: And then I overheard some gals praising the ever loving shit out of the biologicashers facial at the new you know, br spa or whatever and saying that it wasn't just like a one time spruce, like like a change.
Speaker 1: Their scared.
Speaker 3: And I still have yet to have a BR product in my house.
Speaker 1: I've never well.
Speaker 3: It's I mean, there's something going on there all the time.
Speaker 2: Go why did I ever get off br right?
Speaker 1: Why Bigo loves to seek and never to find?
Speaker 2: Say it a fucking I mean? And then I need to hear it again.
Speaker 3: Oh you could say that again. The ego loves to seek and never to find. Oh god, that's an episode. Oh oh one poog. Yeah, I think the people would sob to hear the recording of me like, you know, defending Poog.
Speaker 2: Definitely okay, So tailbone pain, having a total freak out, I started doing that again. I started doing some little homeworkouts. Melissa would getting back into it, fucking pain on the left side the cossacks. I go, not this again. Listeners may recall years ago I had a chronic tabone issue. Had a hairline fracture on my tailbone that was so painful, and it was a full nine months of every time I was sitting it was painful. I was having a board planes with a fucking hemorrhoid pillow, looking like I had my ass blown out. I had to go, it's actually not a hemorrhoid, it's my tailbone driving pain. I mean, it was like and I just go, I can't go back to that. So instead, yesterday I tried to do some like gentle working out, and it was really painful. I just got to stop. I can't do anything icing it. Today's actually slightly better. I don't want to get too excited, but I.
Speaker 1: Love having something nice.
Speaker 2: It's crazy when ice, because when you're icing something like my it was hurting me. Yesterday I sat on ice pack, and I'm like moaning, like it feels good when you actually get relief from the ice.
Speaker 1: You go, oh shit, I do need this real ice is real.
Speaker 2: And then I went into the bathtub back on the ice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you did it back and forth?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not back, and I mean, once.
Speaker 3: My headache is clearing, ooh, it's pooh advil.
Speaker 1: I feels incredible the beginning, it's incredible.
Speaker 2: It's fucking incredible. We take it for we take it for granted everything.
Speaker 3: Now, I mean the way it just knocks it out, and I just you know, I don't even have faith, Like I go, I go, I know I'm gonna feel better in like twenty minutes, and I'm like, just believe it. Like I'm just like set a time for twenty minutes and there it'll be.
Speaker 2: I'm about to beg you to hang out with me tonight.
Speaker 1: I don't want the listeners to think I'm an asshole. You're not to hang out with you. I don't think it's happening tonight.
Speaker 2: It's fine, it's last minute.
Speaker 1: But I feel.
Speaker 2: Like there's a lot Should I stay in and read tonight? I doubt it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, why don't you sit with the self.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to sit with her right now. She's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean y'all alone over there or what.
Speaker 2: My partner's out of town?
Speaker 1: Is that what you mean there?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, but I've been It's like it's not.
Speaker 1: Even saying that's the only reason you want to hang out.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, of course not. But it's more just that I it would be so good to stay in and read a book. I don't know, right, well, yeah, don't want me to, don't What does your want to?
Speaker 1: I just wonder like what.
Speaker 2: Were you gonna say?
Speaker 1: How's your what your writing space? I don't know, you're no.
Speaker 2: No, the writing space is not My office is like is still very much in. It's not even that much of a message, just like not set up. It's just not there yet. I'm having fatigue or I'm having not fatigue. I'm having like overwhelm of like esthetic changes I want to make.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know how it goes, like try nails.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have improved my life and the concept of staging ground that I learned from the add book, Yeah, which is like I need a lot of staging grounds, right, like, Okay, this is where I put the stuff that I'm gathering to take with me. I always use the top of the washing machine in the hall to like put stuff, and that's like one of the staging grounds. And so it's like, why is the stuff you're is a dirty as a clean It's neither. It's it's like or stuff that needs to go downstairs is like another staging ground.
Speaker 1: And then you just setting them up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then I have these nails on the wall. Now that was when I come home. I put my bag on the nail. It's no, no, life's changing.
Speaker 2: I have some hooks that were by the side of the door. Putting the purse on there. It's huge. I went ballistic looking for my purse the other day. Where's my fucking perse accuse my wallet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hanging next.
Speaker 2: To the door, perfect spot.
Speaker 1: Others would say it was there the whole time. I beg to differ. What do you mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Just that it popped into it when you were ready, when you welcomed it.
Speaker 1: Isn't this interesting?
Speaker 3: Just like like pretending this is my hair, but you can't even see me, Like I have it pushed up in this way that looks like.
Speaker 2: A you look like a Felicity porter. Did you know that Felicity When Felicity cut her hair, got like death threats and the show was almost canceled.
Speaker 3: Yes, I thought, I told you that you're not the one. It's one of the most like Tank, oh.
Speaker 2: Honey, worse than Tanked. Death threat People were like rioting, can you fucking believe that?
Speaker 3: I remember when my mom girls got I gotta tell you, yeah, yeah, I got a short hair cut and.
Speaker 1: Like once, and I remember it. First of all, it.
Speaker 3: Was like I see like a car pull in, like from the kitchen's table. I can see the car pooling and go down the driveway, which is like you know something I see all the time, Okay, and I just go, who's that woman?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: It was my.
Speaker 3: Mother's car, And yet I saw the shadow the silhouette of this woman was sort of a sort of sort of volume on top and then sort of truly short here like a cut, you know, and I'm just like some woman's here, and then like I mean, I'm making it sound and making it sound like I'm subtly I don't, I don't remember, but I just like I remember one me, who is that woman?
Speaker 2: Who is yeah? Yeah yeah?
Speaker 3: And being confused and then like my dad will posit these theories that are shocking, okay, because it'll just go like what about hair like like for a while he's like, he's like Novak's have big faces. They don't need big hair like that was one of the one of his like theories again and then it was like but bright news didn't tank, but yeah, people have profound reactions.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I was thinking that would be fun thing to do, would be we would record remotely in the sense of we'd get him, you know, we'd record just with a microphone in front of our face, earphones, you know what I'm saying, headphones, whatever, and we clean them our places together, okay, and like individually and we do like timers and stuff, and then five bucks we sell it okay to the listener. Okay, Okay, that's that's some paywall shit right there. But can you imagine because people find it comforting and listen to poog you know, repeat, can you imagine if there was like I just want to do this with the depression stuff, like, so it be like clean hag should I put on the cleaning hour? And it's like us pattering around cleaning.
Speaker 2: Well, is that what people listen to podcasts doing cleaning, doing the show they don't want to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those who Struggle.
Speaker 2: Those who Struggle is a great name for a new podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's interesting question new podcasts.
Speaker 2: Oh there she is?
Speaker 1: Well, well, the times they are changing. To keep your eyes peeled, folks.
Speaker 2: I love a cryptic warning at the end of an episode.
Speaker 1: Look, I ordered this.
Speaker 2: What is that a book of late su Oh yeah, classic classic of.
Speaker 1: Zao of Dalway.
Speaker 3: Isn't it horrible when you're not familiar with something enough to know which translation is best? Meanwhile, you haven't even cracked the spine and you're worried about whether you got the best translation.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: It's like, how about just like, oh I need the Newman translation. I'm a fool. Yeah all right, anyway, I love you.
Speaker 2: I love you. That was Poog. If you enjoyed Poog, please subscribe, rate, and review. If not, we will press charges. Poog is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players.
Speaker 3: And iHeartRadio Podcasts. Created and hosted by Hate Berlin and Jacqueline Novak. Executive produced by Libra Smith, edited and mixed by Ali Graham, Music.
Speaker 2: By Theta Hammel, artwork by Robert Baby
Speaker 3: Follow Poog on Instagram at Poog podcast, or on TikTok at this is Poog.