Speaker 1: I Am all In.
Speaker 2: I Am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey Everybody, Scott Patterson, I Am all in Podcasts one to eleven Podcast one eleven Media, one eleven Productions, iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia, iHeart Podcasts and Hey Kids. Scottie Peace. Big Mug Coffee is now available again for order in my Amazon store. So go to Amazon dot com and prompt Scottiepeas Big Mug Coffee and you can order three packs and ten different skews. Yay, We're back. We're bigger and better than ever, joined by the Trepid Crew, Amy sugarmin Tar sued Susanne French, Daniel Romo. Everybody is up, bright eyed and bushy tailed man. He can't even tell they just got up. They are alert, they are ready to go way too early. We're not breaking down an episode today. And I don't know why I'm on the zoom because I don't know what we're doing. What are we doing?
Speaker 3: We'll tell you, but first this is early.
Speaker 4: So this is my thrive time. Baby, I'm ready to go around.
Speaker 1: I'm ready, I'm feisty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's in the middle of the night because Danielle, what time do you go to bed?
Speaker 4: I go to bed. I'm a I'm a grandma. I go to bed by nine pm, but I am up by five thirty.
Speaker 3: Scott, When do you go to bed? I?
Speaker 1: I you know, I go to bed at nine, nine thirty, Okay.
Speaker 3: So I go to bed at three maybe two.
Speaker 1: Why are you up so late? Because that is the time, that's the schedule.
Speaker 5: That is the time when people stop calling and emailing all day so I actually get the work.
Speaker 1: Done, right?
Speaker 3: So what three, four, five, six seven? Has that been asleep six hours? Susan? When do you go to bed?
Speaker 6: I usually go to bed around ten thirty and then get up about five thirty.
Speaker 3: Oh, my gosh, and your poor boye. Suzanne's back.
Speaker 1: And I'm back from Nashville.
Speaker 3: My word, what great?
Speaker 1: Oh it's great.
Speaker 3: And what about Tupelo?
Speaker 1: Tupolo was great. Tupolo was a fan convention. It was the people are so nice, so welcoming.
Speaker 3: Scott called me with a fan that was so nice.
Speaker 1: Old day.
Speaker 3: Was so nice.
Speaker 1: But you know, and then I went to Nashville and wrote songs with some of the top songwriters in the entire industry, and it was incredible. Four days it was.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's so incredible, incredible.
Speaker 1: Warner Chapel hosted it. Throw us in the writer's rooms. I'm in there with Lee Thomas Miller and Emily Fouvel, Emily Landis and Caleb voth Uh, Carly's got Collins and Dan pelerin. It was just amazing, amazing, And we wrote, you know, four songs that we'll see what happens with them.
Speaker 3: You know, that's great. And what time do you ye do tar? What time do you go to bed? Go to bed later a little later like me, not as la.
Speaker 7: No, I'm midnight usually.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Okay, So here's.
Speaker 5: What we just.
Speaker 1: Okay, so why am I here? Why am I? Why am I? I get it? I get a message jump on a zoom right now.
Speaker 3: So we all talked about it.
Speaker 5: So we decided what's up because we try to do this like when we have you know, people come on that listen, but they're so nice, right, they're they're so nice. Maybe there just can't be mean to us to our faces. I don't know, but they're always so nice. So we decided we're just gonna do it and we're going to read the comments.
Speaker 1: From social right, what's what we're doing.
Speaker 5: That's what we're doing and then talk about it. So I know what the comments are. I don't think anybody else does. I think I know what because Jackie and I worked on it together to pick so I've seen some of them. I will admit that, but nobody else has. So everybody's just gonna give their real, real reactions and uh yeah, because we want Look, I'll start by saying two things and then I'll shut up and not interrupt. Uh, we do read them, and we do care. We totally care. We totally take it to heart. We read them all. We sometimes are painful. So if you can imagine, sometimes there's a thousand comments we read every week and some are mean, so we just joke. Everybody's like, I'm not a bot, and it's like, we know you're not a bot. We know that we're just joking to cope, right, We're joking to joking, So please know we do read them.
Speaker 3: So okay, I think we just do it like we do pop culture. Jackie.
Speaker 5: I think you put them up on the screen and we'll go take turns reading them.
Speaker 3: But yeah, if you're listening, this could be ef and brutal.
Speaker 7: I also have to say sometimes I scroll and there's some long comments. Oh yeah, they're like in depth.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, the most astute fans uh in the world are Gilmore fans. They chapter and verse know these episodes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my favorites one they comment to their comment.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah more oh yeah, and they do yeah three or four times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and sometimes there's like a whole conversation going on.
Speaker 3: So, look, we wanted to do this. This is gonna suck.
Speaker 5: I mean, you guys probably like listening to it, but for us, there will be some painful parts.
Speaker 1: But is it time? Is it time to face the music it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it just feels like we're in season seven and we do want people to know, like, look, we actually do care. I think that's one of the things that there's not everybody, but some people think we don't pay attention to them, and we do, and we actually try to take it to heart. But sometimes, like you know, well, old habits die hard, like we're not perfect. Okay, So Danielle, you start with.
Speaker 4: That one, should I say who it's from?
Speaker 5: No, let's protect the innocent and the guilty in case they, you know, change their mind.
Speaker 4: Right. So here's the first one. I think Laureli's panic with the wedding was because of Anna saying she couldn't be a part of April's life until they were married. So to Lorelai, the wedding would solve all of those issues. Luke saying no, in my opinion, was to her him saying that she had to stay outside for longer, and the lack of date was her not knowing how long she'd be on the outside for. Then she does something really self destructive and tells and she tells Luke because she needs their relationship to be over to justify sleeping with Christopher. I am team Laureli all the way, but she is human and makes mistakes and she made a big one here because she was hurting. Also, Amy referring to April as a human child all the time feels super weird to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, first of all, she did just refer to Laurel as a.
Speaker 5: Human but fair enough, fair enough, I'll take it.
Speaker 3: I'll take it.
Speaker 5: So what do you guys think of all the her thoughts? I mean, I kind of get it.
Speaker 1: I think everybody's entitled to their opinion and we're entitled to ours as well, and that's what that's that's what we do on this show. And that's why listen. When Amy and I initially talked about how this would be shaped, this this podcast would be shaped, I wanted something a little different than what I was hearing on podcasts. I wanted it to be looser. I wanted it to be more debate. I wanted it to be back and forth in a little bit, you know, not not chaotic, but yeah, I mean, I guess chaotic a little bit and fun and and and just like I want everybody to to give their opinions, and that includes fans, and we have gotten a whole range of responses, hot and cold. So it's what I wanted. It's it's an open forum. It's you know, we're free speech, baby, you know, yeah, you know we we we let the opinions fly.
Speaker 5: This is a common opinion that I did see that a lot of people think she did that and then intentionally went over to Christopher's, like that she broke up with you so that she wasn't quote cheating and.
Speaker 3: Went over to Christopher's. I'm not one hundred percent sure.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I kind of interpreted that as she felt so bad, and maybe maybe maybe there's an interpretation where she just wanted to be honest with somebody that she truly respects. Yeah, I don't know that she didn't want him to find out from somebody else.
Speaker 4: I disagree. I think I think she did the ultimatum because it was her way of saying, is Luke ann or not? And then she acknowledged he's not fully in right, and so she's like, you know what, this is over, and the one way to make it super super over and not be able to recover from it is to sleep with Christopher. So I do I do see with this person, the person that wrote this out. I I actually think it's pretty valid. Like I do understand her points, and yeah, I mean I think the sleeping with Christopher, I do think she did it intentionally. She knew that that's the one thing that she can't recover from.
Speaker 3: I agree you do, Susanne.
Speaker 5: I thought she went over there like like one would like, I gotta go to somebody that sort of loves me. I don't think she went over there intending to sleep with them, because she was so barfed by that she did it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: I think she was.
Speaker 6: She had just gone over the edge, like she wasn't herself anymore. She was completely freaking out. I think it was multiple things. I think that she, you know, Luke let her walk away, and so to her, Luke is all out now, and so she just I think I said this in a previous episode, she just had to put that final nail in the coffin. And maybe if she had been thinking more clearly and been a little more rational, she would have thought, Okay, probably going to Christopher is not the right thing to do. But I think she just like she just needed to make it final that I don't think she was cheating on Luke. I think Luke might have different opinion of that, But I don't think that she.
Speaker 3: Thinks she was cheating.
Speaker 6: And I don't think she was cheating because in her mind it was already long over, Like Luke is not fighting for her, Luke let her go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you know, but I think it's cheating per se.
Speaker 4: But like I can see how even think that, though too.
Speaker 5: I'm not a huge fan of like you I engaged, does somebody break up and you go sleep with somebody that minute, like literally that minute.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it was a terrible decision, don't get me wrong, But I can understand how she got there.
Speaker 7: The only reason why I think it was kind of like cheating, is it because it was kind of like one sided in the sense of like they didn't have the conversation that they were broken up, which is why Luke came the next day to talk to her, Like technically there was, but.
Speaker 1: In her mind that it did of the conversation. Her ultimatum was that conversation.
Speaker 7: Right right right, which is why I think in her head they were broken up, but I think in reality they were not. So that's why I took it as cheating, because there was no conversation between the two of them of we're done, this is it, We're moving on.
Speaker 5: I just okay, cheating debate aside. I'm sure we'll have that for a lot of days. I don't think she knew she was going to sleep with him. Now, I could be wrong, because I'm getting the vibe you guys.
Speaker 3: I literally do not think she went over there thinking I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: I think if she didn't need that intent, I think she would have because I feel like part of it was validation, right, like she needed to go to somebody who was going to going to not accept her. That's the wrong word, but like, what's the word I'm trying to find like not push her away. Yeah, that's going to be like, yes, come you know, like.
Speaker 3: Oh totally. I agree with that she wanted.
Speaker 4: I think she went to Christopher's and was like, I'm having a bad day. Then then yeah, then that wouldn't have been her intent. But she showed up and it was written on her.
Speaker 3: I think she wanted the ego boost from a man that loved her. I just don't think she thought she would take it that far.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I guess we don't know, all right, she would keep it going. Okay, Scott, you ready, Actually this isn't bad for you, this is nice for you. I gotta say, I'm pretty bummed. Wanted to say heartbroken, But that's extreme about how Scott categorized his plead and lare lies pathetic. That scene broke me and showed how much he loved her. It's not pathetic to fight for what you love. When you're at risk of losing something, you just put your ego aside and go all out. I thought Luke was real and raw and it conveyed something beautiful and heartfelt.
Speaker 3: Nothing pathetic.
Speaker 1: Gosh. I agree with the comment in that I agree with the comment and that it's not pathetic to fight for what you love, it's just how you'd go about doing that. And I think that's the distinction I was trying to make that I didn't make her earlier. I think there's just a better way to do that without losing, without losing your dignity.
Speaker 3: And I kind of seen didn't bother me.
Speaker 1: It bothered me a great deal. Bothered me a great deal. It just showed because it showed how powerless he is. And I didn't. I didn't think it was great writing. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I wonder if it was more like that. She didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't like how I interpreted the writing. I should I shouldn't bag on the writing. I think I think I should take some responsibility here as an artist who maybe missed the mark on how to turn those phrases, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I I don't feel like you missed the mark at all. And I wasn't on the last episode, but I did mention in my comments that scene where Luke comes with his truck all packed and he's like, you know, I need you in my life. That was, in my opinion, one of the best scenes that you did in the entire series, like it just it was so good and you can see, like when she says Luke I slept with Christopher, like even to see all of the emotions just wash over his face right then and there, and it was amazing. I didn't think Luke was pathetic at all. I didn't think he was weak. I think the night before, Laura I was panicking and now he's panicking because he's realized that, you know, he's like, he's losing Laurali, and so he suddenly had this epiphany that you know, he had been shutting her out this whole time, and now he's going to lose her, and he's like freaking the frick out about it.
Speaker 3: I didn't think he was weak at all.
Speaker 6: I thought it was It was a very good portrayal of his love for her.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think she should have said, okay, let's go.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think we would have been really upset with Luke if you didn't do that.
Speaker 5: And I don't know why she didn't say okay, let's go. Well that brings us to this person's other comment, Why the hell do we spend so much time saying what should have been written? It's already been written.
Speaker 3: And done. Therefore it's the show.
Speaker 5: As much as I get frustrated with certain things on the show, it just is. And that is freaking life. Just feels like the need to rewrite takes me out of actual experience. I know. I mean, I go both ways on this person's comment because I've also said exactly that before.
Speaker 3: It's like telling you just shut up the podcast.
Speaker 1: That's like.
Speaker 3: I but I also have said.
Speaker 5: I know I've said this though, you guys, I actually said this funny, but then at the same time I rewrite half of it.
Speaker 7: But that's but that's life, right, Like you remember things in the past and you're like, I kind of wish there are things like I kind of wish I did this differently, or what if this? What if this happened this way? Like in your own life, if you think of even if it's like little things, little moments where you're like, I wish I would have said this, you know, So I think it's just natural.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, and it's also like we just kind of decided to go with the podcast this way where we sort of give our real opinions on what we wish.
Speaker 3: Would have happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just a different show. If we were just like I don't know, maybe then what would we talk.
Speaker 4: I guess just about the plot and about what should have been.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. I guess. I think we really go deep.
Speaker 7: In some other rewatch podcasts, like they hint at it, but like we really just take it to the next level, and I think it just shows. But we're passionate about it, Like we're passionate about these characters, right.
Speaker 1: I think it's we're fans too, and we have a right to give our opinions and be passionate about our opinions too, you know, but much respect. You know, everybody, everybody gets a voice, right.
Speaker 3: Well, the next one's good Amy.
Speaker 7: This isn't coming from me.
Speaker 3: It's all from Tara two five sixty three.
Speaker 7: Amy's inability to self reflect and take into account that we as the listeners, only have issues and comment negatively about her week after week. The same comments and criticisms have been going on since the first episode aired. Scott Patterson beginning to speak publicly and candidly about the year's long rumor about him and Lauren not getting along on set, and rather than shut up and let him talk, she bulldozes over him to interrupt him and talk like no one wants to hear from you, and everyone wants to hear what he has to say about the rumor. Also, she has escalated from mocking Danielle to mocking us as the audience, then Scott going from calling us bots to haters who hate on everyone, yet in the same breathday mock us for calling Danielle on Susanne Queen's if we were so hateful, would we compliment them week after week? We just are tired of the same requests of letting you co hosts, especially Scott speak before cutting them off.
Speaker 1: Hm hmm, yeah, okay, you bulldozing me woman. First of all, I'm a man who's been bulldozed by her.
Speaker 3: I actually thought, look, okay, but.
Speaker 1: She's a woman. The plans I have to take this.
Speaker 3: In mm hmm. And okay number one.
Speaker 5: I listened to the comments, I'm gonna talk.
Speaker 1: Over, I'm gonna bulldoze you a little bit here. Listen, gang fans love you, hear you. But this is I got it. Okay, I get it. I get it. But Amy is very passionate and very knowledgeable about this show as well, and I understand that it is frustrating at times, but this is how I wanted the podcast. It's not her fault. If you want to blame somebody, blame me because I had an idea for a podcast. I thought. I thought the rewatch thing was an original idea by me. First of all, that's the funniest part. And I found out there were I don't know dozens and I went, oh, okay, great minds, great minds in their life. But but then, you know, I really emphasized her the style of the exchanges in this podcast. I didn't want to make it, you know, this button down kind of scene by scene by scene thing that we were going to worship at the altar of everything that was Gilmour. I said, you know, we're gonna we're going to open it up. We're gonna, you know, we've got all these you know, really break people on this cast, and they have opinions, and that's what I wanted, And I said, I encouraged her to talk over so well, yeah, we.
Speaker 5: Wanted to be like, you know, the Thanksgiving family, right that gets just unhinged. It's like we're not supposed to hold back. And look, I was glad to see Scott get snarky. And also I think I wanted to support him so that he knew like, yeah, let it be, let it go, You're you're safe, you're good. And so I think the other thing I will say, and this is not an excuse. Look, I consciously work every week on everyone giving their opinion right and sharing. Now, the one thing that I will agree with, I'm sure I get like heated or jump in whatever. I don't agree that I'm ever dismissive or whatever they sometimes say to.
Speaker 3: Danielle or Suzanne.
Speaker 5: I don't personally agree with that, because that's what we're doing here, Like that would be like, it's not dismissive, it's we're having a conversation. We don't have to agree, so right, I don't have to support them with their equin And if I disagree and they do the same, they're like no, like we just have already done it in episode. Or I'm like, I think she went over there not intending to sleep with them, and they're like, no, she did, and I'm like, okay, like vine, Like the other thing I will say, and this is a little behind the scenes. Sometimes nobody wants to listen to anyone talk on and on and on and on and on. And that's something that we know in like when you learn about doing shows like this. If you watch anything on TV, at some point there is a point where the news anchor has to jump in and move to the next question.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: Also a little behind the scenes, not that anyone cares. Sometimes you don't know that there's fifteen messages coming in at us like, hey, you've you've gone twenty minutes and you're in scene one. Hey the guess is in the way. Hey, this is happening. And Danielle and Tara and Suzanne don't have to pay attention to that.
Speaker 3: Scott and I do. So that's not an excuse. I'm just giving you a little behind the scenes of sometimes we're just trying to move this ship along.
Speaker 1: But right, but let me let me address this bought comments that I've made. So that's me trying to protect Amy because I know she reads every comment and she takes them to heart, but she's got a thick skin. But I know what it's like to read comments. There was a thing and have it affect your mental health because years ago I took a position in something and social media just slammed me. And it was horrible and it was awful, and they said horrible things about my mother and who had passed away and all kinds of things, and it really does affect you. So that was in response to trying to have Amy's back, because I know how hard she works and I know how much she cares about us as people. She's a really good person. She's a lovely human being and super supportive of all of us. So that's just me trying to have her back and say, hey, maybe don't read the comments so much. I don't want you to, you know, I don't want you to be taking these hits all the time because because I love her and I love you guys, and I'm not trying and I apologize to the fans, and I just want to just flat out apologize fans. I'm I'm not trying to minimize you. I'm not referring to as bots. I'm just trying to make Amy feel better, like this can't be real.
Speaker 3: And it's so nice, right, it's so nice, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Because you've ridden, you know, very intelligent, very long comment with a lot of detail that I don't know that a bot can do. I don't even know what a bot does. I thought a bot just tells you to like buy a product, something bought.
Speaker 1: What I was referring to as a bot is not a Gilmore fan, but somebody from a rival podcast having somebody their assistant or somebody you know, start sending bad messages to us.
Speaker 3: The other thing I'll say is.
Speaker 1: Because that happens in this game, right, I mean they see a successful podcast in high con Oh yeah, there.
Speaker 5: Are podcasts where we know intentionally I'm not saying that's the case here, but people do do that, right, Like they go in and intentionally right mean comments, so your rating goes down, which please don't do so anyway. The other thing I'll quickly say is there are about one thousand dish plus comments a week right on all the different platforms we have, and sometimes the commenters don't agree. So I don't want anyone taking it personally if they think I'm not listening and doing what that comment says.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to sort of take it all in.
Speaker 5: And also, like I'm fifty, Like changing me is not going to be the easiest thing in the world. But by the way, I'm fifty, Oh my god, that's gnarly Okay, so anyway, we're I think we're kind of I'm sure holders.
Speaker 4: And before we move on from this time, I do I do want to actually take something from it. And Scott, is there anything that you didn't get off your chest about the Laura Memmer? Like, is there anything else left to be said since they you know, this person does feel like you were cut off.
Speaker 1: Oh. I think those rumors are things that are started by, you know, and maybe entertainment publications. There one journalist trying to get clicks for their their magazine and let's start some, you know, because that's you know, the classic uh uh tactic in any kind of journalistic circles is like, let's build them up, especially entertainment. Let's build them up, build them up, build them up. They're much beloved. Now, let's not knock them down for clicks, you know, let's let's try to destroy something. Let's try to create something.
Speaker 3: She's following you on Instagram?
Speaker 5: Who so Lauren just joined Instagram like literally yeah, like like days ago and it was a big deal.
Speaker 3: Everyone's talking about it. Oh really totally following you?
Speaker 1: She's totally I wow, Yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Can give her.
Speaker 5: I don't know how you do that, but I'm sure there's some way to say, like, welcome to Instagram.
Speaker 1: Lauren Graham, welcome to Instagram. Good to have you.
Speaker 3: I mean, oh my god, they're calling it Instagram.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's so good.
Speaker 5: Juzanne, poor Suzanne has no voice, but she's gonna try.
Speaker 3: They're calling it, get it Instagram.
Speaker 1: We got it, We got it the first time.
Speaker 4: I have a question where these were circulated and you know, clickbait articles. Was this during filming?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did that affect anything between the two of you guys? Were you guys like what the hell? Like this is weird?
Speaker 1: Uh No, we were just too busy loving each other. We didn't even notice.
Speaker 3: It because we weren't getting I remember.
Speaker 1: We're too busy love in each other.
Speaker 3: Also, like then you just work together again on the movies, so it's like yeah.
Speaker 7: Also, I'm sure it was so different because now on social media, like people can expand on the topic and the conversation with Back in the day, it was just one article and that was it.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, social media wasn't really even that big of a thing early.
Speaker 4: To right, you couldn't just make a statement, hey we love each other or post a picture together.
Speaker 1: I mean we had a great time working together and it was always fun working with her. You know, she's super prepared.
Speaker 5: It seems lore liash not fully, but like from when you see Lauren in interviews.
Speaker 1: Full of jolly and full of jokes and full of fun.
Speaker 5: You know, she totally wore I just forgot this on the Instagram. She wore a from Gilmore Girls in her first post.
Speaker 3: Really now I'm gonna move us along, not because I'm interrupting, but because it's time to move along.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll read one. I think that Amy keeps missing when she repeats the same exact opinions every week. What would you do if you had a long lost kid? Is that Luke purposely excluded from her life with April from the get go. This wasn't a day or two or even a week to process. Two months went by and the only reason Laurel I found out is because she came into the diner that day, not because Luke told her honestly that alone would be a reason. And the engagement then it's solely him compartmentalizing and excluding her without communicating, and Game at all never communicates, and he desire for Laureli to be involved until he screws up April party and needs her. You know, this person's making a very salient point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's totally agree.
Speaker 1: Let's also remember that Luke is a grown man in his forties who has his life together. I get that the long lost kid is an adjunctent is an adjustment, but my god, I'm tired of the Oh poor Luke, he doesn't know how to handle the situation. Like the bar is said incredibly low here.
Speaker 3: Look, I will.
Speaker 5: Say I didn't repeat it almost every week because people really like to pile on Luke for not immediately, including Loralai. This comment is accurate, It's filled with good points, But I also think there is a good point to saying, suddenly you find out you have a kid that is so massive that my main point is I don't know what I would do, what you would do, how you would really react to that, And we are going to dig into that in a little in a different episode.
Speaker 3: But I don't know how I would react to that.
Speaker 5: So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt in saying his reaction may not be as crazy as everyone thinks. You may not want and it's also like I thought about this for days, right it's not like other things you could find out about. It's a kid, so there is sort of this like connotation like you slept with somebody else, even though I understand it was years ago. It's a tougher one, and I do think people would feel like this could be a real problem in my relationship. So I'm going to take it slow. I just have some respect for the way he reacted. And like that other person said, this is how they wrote it, So I'm not rewriting it. I'm going, you know what, this is how he's reacting.
Speaker 3: I'm going to support it. Mm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how they wrote it. Wrote what I had to do. I could change it right, And I.
Speaker 6: Feel like, I mean, I think we've beat this poor horse just completely into oblivion. But I think that it's not so much that anybody wanted Laura I brought in immediately. It's that it just the whole thing seemed so indefinite, like he never had a conversation with her other than you know, a couple words at Martha's vineyard. It was there was just never any discussion about where his thought process was or anything like that.
Speaker 3: He just completely blocked her out. So I don't my take on that he wasn't ready.
Speaker 4: He's treating Laura I like they've been dating for two months. In that situation, all right, take your time, bro. But they're engaged, they've they've known each other forever, and I don't really find the distinction of it. Like, I don't think it should change whether you're engaged or married. You know that, I don't think is a factor. And so just you know, thinking about it in my own life, if my husband came to me and said, oh I found out I had a kid in my twenties or whatever, I would feel some kind of way about it if he didn't include me or let me ask you just talk to me about it. I don't need to be around the kid twenty four to seven, but like you need to talk to me about it and have these discussions. This is our relationship. This does this added question to our relationship. So you gotta what if it did happen?
Speaker 5: So what if your husband came to you and said he just found out he had a kid. He comes to you right away and he says, I just found out I have a kid, a twelve year old.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you do? What is your angel reaction?
Speaker 4: We have to talk about it.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, you know, not talk about it. What would you do, Like, would you have the kid suddenly you have a second kid? They live with you half the time? What would you do? Like me thinking about it part, and I want to know what what someone would actually do.
Speaker 4: What I would actually do is I would tell my husband we need to have a conversation on how we are going to handle this together. And I think I'm not getting I.
Speaker 5: Know, I'm interrupting you because I want to know what you actually would do.
Speaker 3: Not that is what I would do, not the talking about it part. What I want to know. That's what you have to do, though, you have to talk about it, but you.
Speaker 4: Have to talk about it and create a plan with my husband of how we are going to handle the situation together.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 5: So my point is that you can't even and again write your letters. I don't care write your letters because I'm going to go hard. You're not even able to figure out what you would do. You're like, keep telling me, we're going to talk about it, We're going to talk about it. So Luke, who already has sort of a hard time with this kind of thing, is trying to figure out what he's going to do about it because he doesn't want.
Speaker 4: To exactly the point he's going to do about it, and there's no.
Speaker 5: W Well, look if the problem, so say so, I want to jump to the next thing, right, Like, say, my significant other comes to me and says he has a kid from twelve years ago. Obviously I understand where you're saying, we're going to talk about it, but I'm already ready to say, like, okay, then then they can move in with us, or let's figure out financially. We're gonna have to send this, you know, help contribute financially. Like I'm ready to go to that next step. Right, So all this.
Speaker 3: They need to talk about it, Okay, why didn't.
Speaker 5: I say, wait a minute, why didn't Laura I say, all right, here's what we're going to do instead of everyone always having to talk about it.
Speaker 1: But here, But here's the thing. I think that they're the imbalance between the verbal uh and mental abilities between Luke and Laureli are stark. And I think that Luke might be avoiding even opening up the ball on this conversation because he he probably fears he's going to get overwhelmed with logic and justification and he's not ready for that yet, you know what I mean. It's like getting into a conversation about something like this with laurel I is something he's just not ready for because he knows she's going to come at him, you know, with justifications, and he's just not ready for it yet.
Speaker 3: I agree he doesn't.
Speaker 1: He almost doesn't stand a chance with her, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Well, but I mean Luke holds his own against laurel I all the time, Like they have that back and forth banter all the time, and you guys keep saying he's not ready. He's not ready, he's not ready. But like, don't forget that scene where they were buying the birthday present and he tells her why he doesn't want to bring her in. It's because of his ego and he's afraid that she's gonna like Lorelai better.
Speaker 3: I sort of always thought that was a little hooy but whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it felt a little like felt a little excusey funny.
Speaker 3: I never thought that was really what he was really, Yeah, I never.
Speaker 5: Believed that, But whatever, keep going, Susan, Well, that's fine, No, keep going, keep going.
Speaker 3: I want to hear like, No, I feel.
Speaker 6: Like We've beat this dead horse. I've said my opinion one hundred thousand times, So I don't I don't see the point and keep going over it.
Speaker 5: Because that's the whole show is for you that that's the whole show of this podcast is for you to keep giving your opinion because that's the conversation we're having.
Speaker 4: So like, I think that I think we're just never going to agree on on this, but I think to you know, I can relate to, you can create.
Speaker 5: A disagree because the way Loralai would probably come in is the same way I come in freaking hot with Hey, we're gonna we'll split time with her, she's gonna live here, I'll do this, I'll do this, and and Luke is overwhelmed by that. And that's why I think Scott's point is so well taken.
Speaker 1: I think I think that might be a little bit yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, but you know, I think I I think just still there's just no there's just a complete exclusion, which is the issue. So Lorlai can come in like that and Luken say, you know what, I need a second and I but he didn't. He didn't he shut her out. He's like, oh, you can't come. You can't come like who wants to be He honestly dismissed Lorelai for the whole front half of that April April situation until until the birthday party came. But she did take it like that. Lorelai took it like that, that was.
Speaker 3: Right and what I've always wanted.
Speaker 5: And this is, like I said, Abraham Hicks, right, this is this like if you go on YouTube, it's one of those self help people, right, and her whole process. I would love to hear her analyze this because it would be that Laura li I is making herself feel bad about this, not Luke. And I know that's kind of like hippy dippy woo wooy whatever, but that Laura li I, because she loves Luke, should trust Luke and his process that he needs for this instead of needing it to be the way she needs it to be.
Speaker 4: I think she was trying to do that. She was giving him.
Speaker 5: She was with a but always with a huffy puffy not she wasn't fully authentically doing it, Whereas when the roles were reversed.
Speaker 3: Luke really really gave her.
Speaker 5: What she needed when she was having her issues with Rory so my take on it, And again I don't know if I'm right or wrong.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's just my take, right, Like, that's like life is that she never feel fully.
Speaker 3: Was supportive of what his process was. She wanted her process to be his process, but it just wasn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and vice versa. I guess you can say.
Speaker 6: I mean I again, we've had this conversation before. I feel like she did support him because she did exactly what he asked of her, which was to stay back and not participate in anything. And so I feel like she was supporting him. She wasn't inserting herself. She wasn't showing up at the diner after he told her not to, and she wasn't like, you know, trying to meet April in any way other than what he wanted.
Speaker 5: So I feel like, so I get what you're saying, but she wasn't doing it internally, she was so like, it's.
Speaker 3: But that doesn't does it really matter?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 3: Though for me.
Speaker 5: It does because it's why there was the explosion. It's being hard to get versus playing hard to get. That's the best comparison I can give you. When you play hard to get, it's all a game and it's all bs right, and you explode out and have an ultimatum exactly like she did. When you are hard to get it's very genuine and that you never have that because that is it is more core.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: So for me, Loralai was playing it and not being it. She was doing it, but she never was feeling it. She was feeling all the pain, which is exactly why. And I think the writing is brilliant. She exploded out because she was never authentically doing it.
Speaker 3: She was robotic. I don't know what the words are. Hopefully I'm conveying it.
Speaker 1: Now, I get. And you're saying that Luke was living that he wasn't playing at.
Speaker 3: It, correct, he was sort of yes, that's.
Speaker 1: In my he was being the genuine person and conveying his genuine feelings at the top of that whole situation like this is what I need right, respect it and this is not a game to me.
Speaker 3: He wasn't telling her, I mean he I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you can follow him for a lack of communication. You can follow him for that.
Speaker 5: But wait, the one thing I would hope and again that's why we're doing this. And Susanna know you're coughing the whole podcast is for everybody to keep giving their points right and not to be frustrated by continually having the conversation, because I do want to hear what everybody has to say and I can. I know you're getting frustrated. I don't want you to get frustrated.
Speaker 4: The next one is I don't hate Amy, and I'm not a bot. I just don't know how Amy basically bullies her opinions and not allow others to express their opinions without waiting for the to finish what they want to say. That being said, I feel that Anna should not have put those conditions on loralizing in April. If I were in larelized position, I would want to establish some sort of relationship with my future stepchild before I walk down the aisle. Most psychiatrists recommend that kids meet their parents' significant other at least nine months to a year after the couple start dating. Also to Anna's comment about how marriage signals stability, I would disagree with that in that there are many people who are in a state who are in a stable relationships who aren't necessarily married. I realize that Anna's view of romantic relationships is very outdated, but there are lots of couples who have been in a stable relationship for years without formalizing it. My mom's sister and her husband were in a relationship with each other for at least ten years before they got married. One can be in a marriage and it's very unstable.
Speaker 3: I totally agree that everything this person just said, including the top part.
Speaker 1: Most psychiatrists recommend that the kids meet their parents' significant other at least nine months to a year after the couple start dating.
Speaker 3: That's really interesting.
Speaker 5: You're not supposed to just date someone for two months and introduce them to your kids.
Speaker 3: If you believe what like.
Speaker 5: You do whatever you want everybody, but that's what the recommendation is.
Speaker 3: Well, go back to the top. So I can just take it in that I bully my opinions and not allow others to express their opinions without I don't.
Speaker 1: Think that's you know, you know, it may come off that way, but I think everybody here has no problems expressing their opinions. Have you ever had a problem just no opinion, nursuan or I've never had an issue expressing myself, and Danielle's never had an issue expressing. It's just that that when you believe that you you know, you're following a thread like a lawyer would in a case, and once to prove their point. That's all it is. And people can disagree, agree or disagree, but you know, nobody here has had a problem.
Speaker 3: No, And I always go and take it. I always listen. I also I also just think about it and go.
Speaker 1: But the thing is is when I'm talking about myself, please don't interrupt me.
Speaker 4: What were you saying?
Speaker 1: That's the only role we have here.
Speaker 7: I also just want to say, like I can't speak for everyone, but for me, like I never leave our episode thinking like I was treated like I couldn't say anything, and I just want to point that out, like I've never felt that way, or I've always left our Zoom meetings with like, you know, smile on my face. Was a good episode, and I've never felt negatively.
Speaker 3: So I just want to say that.
Speaker 5: It will be a bit boring if we were all just like, yeah, I think this, I agree with you, by.
Speaker 1: Let's actually let's do that. No, let's do that, let's do that right now, Let's do that right now.
Speaker 5: I also like do an episode without me, like I told Scott that I go why do I just do an episode without man?
Speaker 2: He's no?
Speaker 1: Okay, So wait a minute, was we just read this comment? I agree with everything me too, Amy does Danielle do you agree with everything that was said here? Yeah, of course you do. Of course you do. And Susanna agrees as well. We don't ask her, we could see by the look on her face she agrees. Tara, you agree to yep. Okay, good, let's move on now.
Speaker 5: I will say this person does make a good point in that Anna is sort of a real pill, right, Like I get what she's saying and protecting her kid, but like Luke and Laura, I've been together for like one hundred years, like friends and together, so I always thought Anna was sort of and I said it was like a bit she was a little.
Speaker 6: Over the top, I think. I mean, I think it's valid that she wants to protect her kid. I completely agree with that. But when she said something about how she wouldn't introduce her daughter to somebody until she's ready to get married, like that seems weird because what if your kid and your fiance don't get along like that?
Speaker 5: And also her point is that and it's like okay, right, and I'm engaged to this guy, so it was sort of dumb, Like I don't an I was dumb.
Speaker 4: It was just giving a reason why.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this person's comment of like her view on relationships a bit outdated. I actually never saw it that way, but I could see it now because I feel like these days, like if someone's not married but they've been together, I don't really question it.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh, I love the part in this comment where the person says there's so many bad marriages exactly like Luke and Lorli, unmarried, even not engaged, could have a way better, more stable, better relationship for a child than idiotic people who are married and like have them slew of problems. So whoever wrote this, I think that their comment is actually so perfect because they're being they're saying it so well, like.
Speaker 3: I just agree with everything they said, even.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Another I didn't realize this is going to be a ten part series, but let's do another one.
Speaker 1: Very very incisive commentary.
Speaker 3: Very fantastic episode of the podcast.
Speaker 5: I came very close to ending My Gilmore Girls rewatch because the Luke lower Light plot of season six seven is just too contrived. While Rory has very little to do this podcast saves it because it's interesting to listen to the show being discussed by a group of intelligent.
Speaker 3: Thoughtful people.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I love the.
Speaker 5: Fact that the pod crew have different perspectives on the show and characters. They challenge me as a viewer while keeping things lighthearted and being respectful to each other. Amy in particular is clearly an outstanding broadcaster and would love to see her doing different shows.
Speaker 1: My yea, how much.
Speaker 3: Missus sugarman.
Speaker 5: A second account This is from my finsta. No, I literally did not write this. I do not know the person, but that's so nice and thank you. And also that is the point, like we want you to listen because even if season six and seven.
Speaker 3: Blow, we're going to have a good time talking about it.
Speaker 5: And how about Scott. Scott was just on fire last week?
Speaker 1: What did I do? What did I do? It?
Speaker 3: We spewing stuff and it was and nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm always on fire, you know. Come on and in two plow the fans and I pulled everybody that came to see me, and it was a lot of people, good folks and I and they all listened the podcasts and I said, what do you think about this? You know what do you think about Amy? And they love Amy and they oh, oh god, we love her so much. So I got one of them on the phone because I knew Amy was, you know, a little bit you know, tender. Yeah, I mean she was getting an ass whooping, and I don't like to see that. Man, she's my girl. So this fan I called, I facetimed Amy and this fan so I said, we we love you.
Speaker 3: And I'm also find that I like bring it. I get it. It's your show.
Speaker 5: It's we're the you know, we talk, but it's your show, and we do pay attention.
Speaker 3: That is the one thing I will say. But anyway, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, all right, probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't think Luke and Lorelai is a great love story.
Speaker 3: Wow, let's hear it.
Speaker 1: I want to hear that's all right, easy, easy. I think they they could have been. I think they could have been because all the making for a great relationship was there, but they put so much conflict between them. We got such a small window of them being happy. And I know it's for the drama of the show exactly why, but it really takes away from my view of seeing them as a solid relationship true. Also, my take on Luke packing up the truck to Elope wasn't out of character. He was desperate and making a giant leap to get her back. Unfortunately it was too late for her.
Speaker 5: I kind of agree with everything this person is saying, too. There is so much conflict and issues we don't ever get to just enjoy how funny they could be together, or the antics they could have, like when they went to that party and they were driving.
Speaker 3: Home and Laura was all drunk, Like, we don't see enough of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, look if it's too The challenge in the writer's room is how do we balance? And I thought they did a great job of balancing out the needs, servicing the needs of a committed relationship that was a diyllic and the long suffering while not sort of giving up the ghost all the time, you know what I mean. It's like, yeah, yeah, it's like how do you balance that and keep people engaged? And I think they did a beautiful job with that, with the conflict, you know, I mean, I'm not disagreeing one hundred percent. I'm saying but again, you know, one thing I do know, and one thing writers experienced showrunners and experienced writers on TV tell me is that you give the audience what they want, they're going to go away. You've got to keep.
Speaker 3: That so true. I mean the Moonlighting is a perfect example.
Speaker 5: Remember everybody wanted Maddie and whatever, well, Maddian.
Speaker 1: Whatever, but David, oh yeah, David.
Speaker 5: Maddie, thank you, and then it was like wow. And even Ross and Rachel it wasn't just smooth sailing, even though we all kind of knew they would end up together. Anyway, let's do a couple more. We're running out of time, and I'm not interrupting.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling everybody.
Speaker 4: Do you want me to go?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'm with Tara.
Speaker 4: And that over. I like revival episodes more than season seven. The good stuff from season seven towards the end is not enough to make up for the lack of how much it sucks for the majority of it. For me, it's because of Christopher. Season seven. He is there constantly into the second half. They take his character that ninety nine percent of fans hate and shove him Onmar's screens, down our throats for half the season, always around, always with Laura Li. He completely drags the show down with his presence. Not only that during all of this there's zero to very little interaction with Luke and Laura Lai. You take one of the most beloved relationships on the low on the show, Luke and Laurli, and completely take it from us, their friendship included, and replace it with one of the most hated relationships of the show, Christopher and Lauralai. And as the audience, we're just supposed to accept that that's how things are now. No, this was such a poor writing choice and a disservice to fans. It's even things like Laurli going to the diner that is one of the most staple parts of the show. Literally the first scene of the show is Lauraai going into the diner, but season seven until episode nineteen, when the season is almost over, before she steps foot in there again spoiler alert. Taking these major things of what the fans love about the show away makes the show not what it once was. And if I had been watching it live, I would have been one of the viewers who dropped out. And the revival episodes, even with their flaws, we have zero interaction with Laura Lai and Christopher. Luke and Loreli are together. Oh spoiler and Christopher is the only one is only in one short scene, and so for those reasons alone, that makes the Revival episodes more enjoyable to me as the as the whole than season seven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good points in here. I totally agree with every part of it, but great points.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: I think that's why I enjoyed the revival is because season seven really takes you out of that comfort. Like Laura, I would go to the Zigner every day and I didn't even realize it was until episode seven that she doesn't.
Speaker 3: Step no episode nineteen, I'm sorry of.
Speaker 7: Season seven, episode nineteen, Yeah, that she doesn't even step foot, and that kind of takes you away from your comfort show.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, there's things in season Steven I do like, and obviously we're gonna break it all down, but this person makes great points.
Speaker 3: We can all be right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know the thing, you know, what I'm getting out of this is just how engaged and how smart these fans are.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, oh totally and they have We're not even doing some of the things today because.
Speaker 3: We wanted to be a little more broad.
Speaker 5: Sometimes they see things that I'm like, huhn.
Speaker 1: Amazing analytical and critical abilities.
Speaker 7: And the way they like call back to like four seasons ago, and they're like, well, this is the reason why, And I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, well, that's what Suzanne is so good about. Suzannah.
Speaker 5: Her voice is kind of going, but hopefully she's here. Is like Suzanne is the fan like that, that.
Speaker 3: Is, she just probably has a better memory, is able to bring something from past seasons into the conversation with us, which is why she is the queen. Even though you're gonna say, I'm mom.
Speaker 7: Well, we all watch shows differently as well, Like I'm someone who, like I may not take note on every little thing, but I enjoy the ride, and there are people who watch it and really take note on every little thing. And I think that's also what we have to remember as we sit here and Rewatch and the fans Rewatch, like we all watch them in a different way.
Speaker 3: Totally. That's such a good point. Like I have my shows that I iron to, and then I have my shows that I have to focus.
Speaker 5: The whole thing, and then I have my shows where I'm doing my emails and I pretty much think I miss half the show if you're doing yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Okay, this person makes a great point.
Speaker 5: To me, Lorla not checking up on Luke after the car crash into his diner emphasize how she truly believed that she'd lost him for good.
Speaker 3: I think that's an amazingly good point.
Speaker 5: I actually think that she would have run over there anyway, not just as her fiance, but as her best friend too. Here's the thing, Laura and Luke's relationship is rooted in a decade long close friendship. Even if they aren't in a real romantic relationship with each other, they still have a platonic relationship that means just as much to them. I totally also agree their first breakup in season five highlights this too, when Laura's breaking down and calling Luke to come over because she really needs her best friend to be there.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: In season seven, for the first time ever, it feels like they lost that friendship. This is such great points how much that was done was too severe to figure at all lost by laurlat Danielle. I think it's also important to note that Luke and LAURAAI first became friends again before getting back together in the finale. They're best friends first and foremost, and Lauraai not running over to Luke's in this episode shows they've lost that as well.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is very a stupid yea, yeah, really good.
Speaker 6: It kind of goes back to the the bumper analogy in that last episode.
Speaker 3: It's like.
Speaker 6: She's not only not in the car, but now she can't even hold onto the bumper anymore. It's like the whole thing is completely broken off. It's the engagement and the friendship and she just needs to draw that bright line that this is this is done. Like I can't go check on him because it just needs to be.
Speaker 1: Or less, we're not really friends anymore. If you can't share April with me, right, it's a friend would do that. Yeah, it's interesting. That's a very interesting point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do it. Scott. You read it.
Speaker 1: Scott is one hundred percent right, and that's it. Thanks everybody, this one. Scott is one hundred percent right. It was a cruel and odd way to go about this relationship. It was completely off. I absolutely hated the way Laurel I was in this episode. I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but instead of having a conversation, she gave him an ultimatum, and that's just not how you'd approach a love like their I agree, I agree interest great point.
Speaker 5: And I get that she exploded totally fine. I'm totally with her explosion's totally fine with the ultimatum, then she needed to calm down and then they could have solved it.
Speaker 1: So because of these comments, maybe re examine some of my thoughts about the writing. Maybe the writing is so good that it it begs all of these questions in all of this controversy. Right, Well, that.
Speaker 3: To me is what I love about the show.
Speaker 5: Like I love that for twelve weeks we've been having the same conversation that doesn't bother me. I get that other people don't feel that same way. I mean, I have a friend and we've been having the same conversation for three years about her relationship. Three years, and I'm I'm happy to every day I have it again and I'm fine. But I get how some people we'll find that frustrating.
Speaker 3: I just don't so this.
Speaker 5: I thought we were gonna get through twenty five comments. We've gone through like seven, So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I liked this. I think we can definitely bring this back again. Maybe we will. We'll go through a few more episodes, and.
Speaker 1: Then I think it's eye opening. I really like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah I was.
Speaker 1: When you told me what this was, I was like, but this is really eye opening. Yeah, Mark, folks, well I must say that was quite refreshing. Amy, Thank you so much for doing this.
Speaker 3: Yeah we did good. I did have a lot of comments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but enough. I mean, I think it represents but we had.
Speaker 5: To read them all, so the pain of reading them all to find the ones we were right.
Speaker 1: And you know that's why you get the big dollars, because you take the big hits.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Anyway, one thing is for sure, it's possible to love the fans as much as we do and love Amy as much as we do, and.
Speaker 3: We appreciate her.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you guys. We disagree with you guys, sometimes we disagree with Amy Amy, but we can all agree that we're having one heck of a fun ride on this podcast. And you know it was a phone call to Amy what three years ago? And look, look look at us now, I mean, and I think we all look forward to this every week, get together. We get to see each other and.
Speaker 3: Even when you make me do it so early.
Speaker 1: Even when it's early, you know, anyway, all the best and really we do appreciate your your comments. Please keep them coming. They are important. Your voices are always taken seriously and they're always important, so just keep them coming. Kids, we will see you next time. Thank you, gang, and have a great day and stay safe out there. Hey everybody, and don't forget follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.