Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three h four, Episode four of Daily Like Guys Day production of iHeart Radio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's share consciousness. And it is Friday, September fifteenth day, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: What do we have some national days?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's the first of us, the birthday of two Princes, Harry and Miles. That's It's National double Cheeseburger Day. It's National Online Learning Day. It's National Neo natal Day birthday Harry than exactly and I take that as meat too, National Linguini Day, National Tackle Kids Cancer Day, there's a lot, Tradesman Day, Shout out the Trades, National Cheese Toast Day, National felt at Day. Pow am I reck.
Speaker 1: They're trying to overshadow you with all these.
Speaker 2: I think that's the Yeah, it's it's a lot. It's a lot.
Speaker 1: You know, am I supposed to celebrate you and National Felt Hat Day on the same at the same time. You know, my heart is only so big.
Speaker 2: Where a felt birthday?
Speaker 1: Hat?
Speaker 2: How you doing man?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you doing anything? How you doing man?
Speaker 2: How you doing man? Are you doing anything special? Though for your for your birthday, I'm notoriously like not, I don't like I don't like attention on myself, like in a like in a way that I have to plan it kind of thing. Yeah, so when it's up to me, I'm really fine with just like doing nothing. But her majesty was like, you gotta do something. So I was like, I'll maybe have dinner or something like that. But anyway, it's such a dinner. Such an Earth sign of you? Yeah, sure, I guess.
Speaker 1: Are you an Earth sign?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know what the things are because, uh, the guy's child is an Aquarius and I'm like, oh, yeah, that's that's gotta be water and they're her. He's like, nah, it ain't. And I'm like, but it's got aqua in the fucking name. Like none of this should makes sense. So that's when like my shit is only limited to knowing like what time of year, what season we are? Thank you? Back up? Aquarius is air.
Speaker 1: T and that is an airy sound. Yeah, well, my name, enough about your birthday.
Speaker 2: Move on.
Speaker 1: My name is Jack O'Brien aka NASA has discovered a planet in space. Now let's go, baby, it's got a water ocean. Its air is filled with farts, and it's bigger than Earth. Now let's go, baby, it's got a water ocean. It takes one hundred years for it's late to get here, but baby, if we make it, we can breathe a fart air.
Speaker 2: So let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's go swim the water ocean with me. That is courtesy a blinky heck talking about that water ocean. Yeah, NASA discovery of a planet. They can't stop talking about how it's got a water ocean.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I tell my coworkers one time that I'm going to the Atlantic water ocean on vacation, and they accused me of sounding like a robot. But I guess NASA can get away with it. Must be nice NASA.
Speaker 2: When I saw that thing where it's like to the tune of Kylie Minorg's locomotion, I was like, I know that. Yeah, Yeah, I didn't know. I don't know. I'm but I'm guessing the melody matches up, So I think we're good. I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, the birthday boy, mister Miles Grass.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, as Miles Gray aka, you gotta stump them Marling, kill them all here in the north the East. You gotta sprayed them all. We've been a girl until they are deceased. Don't need no prey your ration till then nation has got rid of these. Let's get exterminate and lantern flies invasive species. Okay, shut out to no clue for that Mary J. Blige inspired family affair, because I didn't know about how New Yorkers are all like obligated to stump the shit out of lantern flies.
Speaker 1: And mission yeah, mission of murder, walking around the city with murder in their hearts, like armed with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta got to keep that thing on your hip. So shout out to the people who are doing their best to keep the invasive species out yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined by a very funny comedian you've seen on places like their stand up special Gentleman Elf on Netflix. Internet Flickers I believe is the full name. Is that because of flicker Flicker, they flicker like what. I don't know anyways, their comedy has hundreds of millions of views on YouTube. Their stand up has been described as flick silly, brilliant. I watched the specials that very much so their effortless charm let them get away with murder is another quote, although their bio firmly states they've not cashed in the getaway with murdered chip you maybe.
Speaker 2: You should try it out as far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. They have not gone ahead and murdered.
Speaker 3: Except with those lantern flies.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Please welcome to the show, Dan, guys.
Speaker 3: Hi, let me tell you what. First of all, I've just met you. I feel like and I love you're bringing kind of old school morning radio DJ energy to this to this experience, like the way you guys are hype. I'm trying to I got to catch up. I just noticed today my coffee was decaf, which is very disappointing.
Speaker 2: Oh do you buy decaf? Intentionally?
Speaker 3: I forgot it existed, so I forgot to read about.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was just like coffee, and then I was like, ah, this is.
Speaker 2: The process of even decaffeinating, Like isn't it naturally there? Or like it's not like it's like some synthetic. I don't know why I'm asking people who don't even indulge in it. So how do they decaf in a coff.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's just some some manner of horticulture. Horticultural magician figured it out, I had.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh wow, coming through we're looking at the same Google thing right now. Yeah, liquid to dissolve and remove the caffeine in one of four ways. Okay, wow, all right, there it is. I had the thought this morning. Am I secretly drinking decaf because I felt very tired even after I drank a little bit of coffee. But it eventually hit I'm here, I'm up, I'm ready, I'm up. I'm up.
Speaker 1: To quote Biggie at the beginning of California, there it is.
Speaker 2: Whoa Cali? Great acting from Christopher's the best act thing we've ever we've ever heard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where where are you coming to us from?
Speaker 3: I am coming to you from Brooklyn, New York City.
Speaker 1: All right, so you're engaged in the war on the line, I am, And.
Speaker 3: It hurts my heart. They're very beautiful, these lanterns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you?
Speaker 2: Are you? Are you doing your duty as a Northeasterner too?
Speaker 3: A lot of times I am. I am just squashing them when I see them. But I gotta admit sometimes I just see them and I do let them live, right.
Speaker 2: You're like, yeah, like, you're not invading my space. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just feel it's rich of us as human beings to call them an invasive species.
Speaker 2: Do you think they're not supposed to be here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially started in Africa and we were all over the fucking place. Now is anybody saying that we're invasive? I don't know, maybe a conversation on the continent of North America.
Speaker 2: Probably these fucking invasive species over here. Fuck? Sorry, sorry, sorry, Look, my mom immigrated here. My dad's family got a weird right over here for a work exchange thing that didn't work out. Huh. I think it's called slave work training. That's how the state of Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on the job training. All right, Dan, we're thrilled to have you. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell our listeners a couple of the things we're talking about. We're talking about we're going to touch base with the out of touch Billy's, the silly Billy billionaires. We'll talk about Bill Maher bringing his terrible TV show back to air despite the strike, A new a new technology in the realm of caffeation, where we've got new caffeination technology, caffeinated cup of noodles or cup noodles, yeah, which I've been calling it cupo noodles. I did not notice they dropped the O in nineteen ninety three. Yeah, it took me thirty years. I noticed it on this morning's doc.
Speaker 2: No One says. I mean it's funny because it's the original jazz Japanese product has always been called cup noodle, and then they're like, we got to adapt that for American people. It's like, yeah, it's a cup of noodles. And then but I think from this point forward people always call it a cup of noodles anyway, because you know, they don't we don't read things.
Speaker 1: I thought it was Irish. I thought it was cup of noodles with a parenthesy or a postphe. We might even talk about the iPhone twelve being too radioactive for France. Great news for me, who's been carrying an iPhone the same past three years.
Speaker 2: I mean it's perfect timing to be like, all right, I guess I get the new one since mine is radioactive. Yeah, what the fuck? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Anyways, all of that plenty more but first DM, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, okay, what is something for my search history? The two most recent I'm not sure if this paints me as I would like to be seen, but the two most recent our aviation recipe. I was making cocktails at home, okay, and I can tell you more about that in a minute. And tattoo infection. I gotta be honest. You got tattoo, I got some ink. This is the freshest. Yeah, you know, we got some stuff going on. Have Do you guys have tattoos?
Speaker 2: I have one? Yes, that I seventeen years ago and okay, still looks so sad.
Speaker 3: Now you probably don't know about second skin, which is a type of like bandage you can put on top. It's clear and it's sticky on one side. It goes right over the tattoo. It smooths over your skin and you're meant to leave it there for a minute, and you know it helps it heal whatever. I think my skin had a reaction to the adhesive of the second skin and it looks gnarly. But my Google search revealed as I suspected, I don't have a fever, it's not really painful, et cetera. I think it's going to be fine.
Speaker 1: It's like somebody it's like irritated lightly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, I wish I could show you.
Speaker 2: But is it to the point where like you're worried about the tattoo itself? Oh yeah, wow yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, the tattoo itself seems to be fine. It's just kind of flaky, you know how it gets. Yeah, but you know, I tend to think every every injury, every state is permanent. That's a problem I have. I was like, I don't like how it looks. This is it forever?
Speaker 1: Now I've got when I'm tired, I'm like, maybe this is it.
Speaker 3: I guess this is Yeah, Miles, I'm very curious about your seventeen year old tattoo. What is it?
Speaker 1: It is of my favorite football club in London, Arsenal.
Speaker 2: And I got it. Folks, never go get matching or never go get tattoos with a romantic partner, because it it does somehow begin some kind of countdown sequence to.
Speaker 1: Oh really, I didn't know that. I didn't know it was one half of oh well, like we both went.
Speaker 2: We both went, and I was like this was an anticipation of going to London. I was like, oh my, get it, like like I've been such a fan for years before that, and I got it, and the person I was dating at the time got like some other tattoo in a similar location, but we both went to the same artists and it was this whole thing. Most of the time people say, don't get matching tattoos. That's usually like that can be like superstitious. I've seen that from I guess my own friend circle. But yeah, I got it. And it's now just dude to sun and just kind of like a lot of motion in my wrist. It's just getting a little like blurry. I feel like I have glaucoma when I look at it, So you know, it might might need a bit of a touch up, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that happens to all tattoos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, exactly, especially with stuff with like finer lines and things like that.
Speaker 3: You kind of looked out in that it does not seem like one half of a love tattoo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like half a heart when it's like, oh the other half, I'm like, I don't know, man. But yeah, the reason when you've talked about your tattoo infection thing. I thought there were like a bunch of viral tweets over like the last two weeks of people's horribly maintained fresh tattoos. Oh, someone had like letters like tattooed and they didn't take care of it, and like the skin just started like peeling off as if it was like a stencil. Oh no, like were you actually putting butter on it and like rubbing it was anyway, So I got worried for a second that it was something on that scale.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, I think it's it's ultimately. Okay, quick google and just check it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's not forever. And wait, what's the aviation?
Speaker 3: So aviation is a gin cocktail. And now that I have googled it and made it many times, I can tell you exactly how to make it. Where you're looking at two ounces of gin, three fourth ounce of lemon juice, one half ounce of Marichino liqueur, oh quarter ounce of cremee de violette, which gives it a nice little purple color and garnish with a cherry And there you go, gorgeous little gin drink.
Speaker 2: Wait is that is that? Because of isn't Ryan Reynolds's gin company called Aviation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, I gotta admit it's it's subpar gin and an aviation. There are better gins to have in your aviation.
Speaker 2: Oh So it's just like a term that's used around gin, so it made sense to brand it as Aviation. It's not like it comes from this specific company or something.
Speaker 3: No, No, I think he. I think it's a cocktail that exists. And then he must have just named his gym company that I don't know. I don't know a lot about his moves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not many people do. Not many people do, but we buy the stuff anyway.
Speaker 1: I got a couple unofficial biographies that can recommend for you.
Speaker 2: Guys on YouTube. These are really grainy, man.
Speaker 1: There's something just like so classy feeling about the early days of commercial like that that it reminds me of like that all the pictures in the like twa lounge or you know, like just old nineteen fifty celebrities flying around on like giant prop jets.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like that's That's what I'm feeling with the aviation gins. Yeah, when they didn't have seat belts or anything either.
Speaker 3: Nah, why you're smoking smoking in the sky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like that restaurant in LA that does that, where like they they have like one of those old airliners that they like rehabbed. Yeah, you can do like the TWA experience.
Speaker 1: It was originally called aviation because that was the customary thing to make for your pilot after takeoff. You wanted to make it, get him a.
Speaker 2: Couple Wait, really, i'd believe that.
Speaker 3: I'm believing it as well.
Speaker 2: You really had a narration your face is w No.
Speaker 3: You had the narration voice of like just reading straight off Wikipedia.
Speaker 1: I absolutely believed it flies better when he's a little bit drunk when yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: The fifties anything. I would believe anything. It's like, give him that drink, let him goose a couple of stewardesses.
Speaker 2: That's right, what's wrong a little goosen? Please use the technical term because that's a little too euphemistic.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know that I knew that term until just right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Overrated? Capitalism? We know it. Everybody was tired of living in this system.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're huge fans, but okay, tell us what's wrong with capitalism? I guess I don't know.
Speaker 3: Just the way I guess it exploits human beings, animals. Nature is destroying the planet is grinding us, all, crushing us all. Yeah, completely anti democratic, unequal. Now listen, do I have a solution? Not quite, not exactly. I'm half there. I'll tell I will tell you what's.
Speaker 1: Rave away from it is I think a solution.
Speaker 2: It is capitalism. Yes, then don't do that.
Speaker 1: Giving me hip skin cancer presumably from my IPHUND twelve.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you gotta do what I did. You got to skip from the ten ten straight to the fourteen. You got to get on your ex's family plan. Wow, and ingratiate yourself to her parents and just stay there.
Speaker 1: What a ten grade? I mean, I'm about to go twelve to fifteen, but maybe maybe I should wait. That's it's three years feels like a long time to wait. And I was kind of taking pride in the fact that I've waited so long to upgrade. And it turns out the only thing that that has got me is excess radiation.
Speaker 3: Okay, counterpoint, stay with it longer, more radiation. What powers might you accrue?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 3: What cool things might happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a lot of unwanted body hair, like on your hand, like from where your pocket is.
Speaker 1: Probably it's a real tuft of hair here that smoke away where my case just like a perfect rectangle of no hair because oh right, like everything else is hairy, but just a yeah, weird, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: That's why you'll get your matching toe too.
Speaker 1: A little bit. I know, I am wondering on the tattoo thing. Is forty three too old to get your first?
Speaker 3: No, No, not at all. That's a perfect time. Actually, you've lived so much life, you know what you like, your body's in the second half quite frankly, like you're you're committing, but not for so long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it'll exactly less.
Speaker 2: It'll look good in like twenty years still, you know, right like versus like a lot of tattoos you get when you're young and then you start being like, I gotta kind of maintain some of these or they just end up looking like sail or energy. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: What's I think what's exciting about that is you could go really big and bold for your first tattoo. I mean I started at eighteen, I was getting little tiny stuff, piecing it together, you know, little stickery type of stuff. You could just go, I'm going full sleeve. I'm getting the chest tattooed. Whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ben Affleck, Ben Affleck, phoenix backtat, phoenix backtap.
Speaker 1: Have you seen that, Dan, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think I have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ben Affleck has the wildest phoenix back tattoo. Here. I'm gonna I'll bring it up.
Speaker 1: So have you ever seen the cover or the movie poster for the film Red Dragon?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, I was about to say I couldn't imagine that it would be good but terrible. I mean, it's not great, but it is better than I thought it might be.
Speaker 1: It looks like it's cracking a little bit in places for some reason. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that part of the design.
Speaker 2: I think there must be some yeah, because it seems like consistently going through. But hey, look, he's a phoenix rising from the ashes.
Speaker 3: Listen. I'm I'm body positive, and I will say there's something about that tattoo that really accentuates the muffin top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's friend. Yeah, it's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: Also, does making fun of people's tattoos count as being not body positive?
Speaker 3: Listen? I think now that it's I think, at the end of the day, all tattoos and I have a bunch actually look kind of stupid. Like they're all kind of bad. There's really no such thing as like a great tattoo. They're still fun to get, I think, and it's like a fun way to decorate your body. But I think, yeah, I think we gotta make fun of tattoos. You make tattoos, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, not to say that I mean bad, but let's have fun. We look, this is going to be flaky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna show you my most recent tattoo. I got this in my forties. You guys. It looks like it came looks like I'm a huge fan of jam bands, and I got it in the nineties when I was like nineteen. I just let the artists do what he wanted. And then I was like, eh, I don't love it. It's brand new. It's a brand new damn this this mushroom here.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, there you go.
Speaker 1: Mushrooms are definitely having a moment.
Speaker 2: Are they're having a moment? For sure?
Speaker 3: Mushrooms are all right, But there's so many more, let's say, beautiful mushrooms than this jam band space age, whatever is going on. Yeah, black light poster, thank you. And it's like is this my personality? Not really, but people are going to think so now and whatever.
Speaker 1: You have to adopt a mushroomy kind of yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean to be fair, I have weaned myself off anti depressants. That is my mental health care plan is to just do mushrooms like every three months in the wood.
Speaker 2: There you go, yeah, yeah, there are benefits. There are proven benefits. So you're not you're not far off. You're not off.
Speaker 3: You guys micro dosing, you macro dosing.
Speaker 2: I do it all. Yeah, I do it all micro to macro, but mostly micro because that's been the I I yeah, it's been like wonderful. But even like for like socially on the weekends, like where I used to maybe like want to drink a time or like do shit like that.
Speaker 1: I found just a little bit of psilocybin gets me vibe.
Speaker 3: Oh I like that idea. I've never I have never experienced it in that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like knocker before beer, never fear, little psilocybin gets you back.
Speaker 2: You know, there you go, but you don't go quite. You go a little bit over, you know, like what a microdose would be, but not enough to go like you know, asking like is this forever?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did not get to it for this is is this forever? Place? But last time that I did mushrooms, like a month or so ago, I definitely found myself wrapped in my hammock in the woods, weeping, but in a cleansing way, like an inside shower, love it cry and then and then kind of emerged from the hammock as if from a womb reborn into the world, which is ray.
Speaker 1: It's one of the one of the things that capitalism doesn't afford us is like that that we're probably missing most as people, is just like a good cry wrap in the woods.
Speaker 2: I feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably before everyone was keeping track of your time and stuff like that, people were spending you know, twenty percent of their time just weeping.
Speaker 2: Just get it.
Speaker 3: So what are you saying, should I start a wellness retreat in the woods? I'm doing it. I'm charging nine hundred nine ninety Yeah exactly. Just capitalism just immediately eats everything.
Speaker 2: Right, right right, And they're like, yeah, they got the mushroom.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I am committed to the lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Now. Yeah, Look, you could you could easily grift with that tattoo for sure, over someone who's a little overly trusting.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I don't even remember if we have we done underrated yet?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Oh we have not.
Speaker 1: That's how much this overrated and underrated and search history has been. I forget where we are. What is dan something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is something I firmly believe. I'm very interested in your take on it. Aging is under Oh I think?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, great, great, it's actually secretly the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I've done this thing. Where As I approach forty, I just turned thirty nine. As I approach forty, I'm like always questioning like do I feel too young for my measurable age? Like I've had this thing in my mind where I was like I thought like I'm gonna be all fucking dead and shit, but more like, yeah, not feel like I'm still very like exuberant and have like that sort of same like like appetite for life that I did ten years ago. And then along with that, like the calm that comes with life experience and being able to be honest about your feelings and you know, doing that kind of self work and becoming more self aware gives me such a greater appreciation for like how I live than I ever could when I was like completely care free in my twenties. So yeah, I've I've only loved the progression of time, at least from my corporal experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this is absolutely Where do you weigh in on this?
Speaker 1: Jack? I Yeah, I talk about this a lot that like physically, you kind of know how to do stuff more like weirdly, so like I actually feel like I'm getting better, Like they're definitely the aches and pains, but like I'm getting better at like tennis, even though I don't like play much tennis, Like I just like know how to do stuff with my hands better. Mentally, you know how to you know what you like, get to read books like they, I mean they've done studies like measurably, happiness goes up as you as you age.
Speaker 2: But there I think.
Speaker 1: I think capitalism likes to likes the myth that you're you know, you need something, you got to need to like live it up as a youth because this is as good as it gets, and likes to keep us frenzied and stupid in our youth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what. Yeah, yeah, that's why I have like this per sort of perceptual thing I have to get over where I'm like, oh, I'm ex age, like I should wear more long pants or something rather than shorts or like sandals. And I'm like, I'm just gonna continue like living in my happiness no matter what, however old I am on paper. But it is weird that like all the time, I'm like, do I am I like acting right for my age? But I'm like, what the fuck concept am I even trying to subscribe to here, like in terms rather than just being like it's some life is something you experience, and the thing that you have to center is like your own like happiness and well being and don't be a piece of shit to other people. And as long as you're doing that, were your fucking basketball sorts and sandals to Trader Joe's, They're gonna say.
Speaker 3: The gen zs the youngers. I don't know what that next level younger is. They might make fun of, they might make fun of the middle aged man in his shorts.
Speaker 2: At the Trader jokes they do, and they do.
Speaker 3: That's their right exactly, and I and.
Speaker 2: To me, I'm like it's like part of nature. And I'm like, thank you, young ones for chirping at me, like this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Washed this shit, and I'm like, thank you. Especially I'm comfortable. I was just talking about I think that there's an interesting possibility that, like, you know, there's this thing called the Flint effect that says that each subsequent generation is smarter than the one that comes before it. They're like a little bit faster. Old people seem slow because they are a little bit slower because they're from like a slower generation where thing everything was slower. So maybe that's why it like looks to be not as fun because like things are being written, like you know, the thinking, and like a lot of the communication is being done by young people. But as long as you're okay with that and you're not like going kicking and screaming and being like fuck you, you're dumber than me, you're wrong. It is the kids that are wrong, then, like in terms of your actual happiness, Like, as long as you're willing to admit like kids are smart and like they'll they'll be fine without you, Yeah, they'll do better without you, then you're gonna be all right. Yeah, And it actually does living your life actually does get easier and more fun.
Speaker 3: It really does, and I'm realizing. I want to you a very quick antidote about my grandma, who has now passed. She passed at the age of ninety seven, but when she was about ninety five, she was an incredible role model for aging and staying vital and young. She had so many friends, she had more social plans than I do. And she lived in Tennessee. She lived alone, and I was visiting her after a gig. One time. I came back to her house pretty late. It was like, I don't know, maybe midnight. I think it was after midnight, and I walked in the front door and she greeted me at the door. She's like so tiny in her little long white nightgown. And I was like, oh, I'm sorry, Graham, did I wake you up? And she was like no, I was just watching Breaking Bad. She shuffled back and we stayed up to like two to morning, just watching Breaking Bad. Like she loved that shit. And that was like when she was ninety five years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can because you don't have a bedtime, you can watch Yeah, who's gonna tell me?
Speaker 2: Who's gonna check me.
Speaker 3: I she was both scandalized and probably had a little crush on Walter White.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, no, I can't get I get that. Yeah, but yeah, and I think to your point, shack of like looking at older generations, like my concept of an older person would be like my grandparents who grew lived a very difficult life being born in like the late twenties thirties, and you're like, damn, like you can you can just tell what that life did to them, and you can see how technology sort of lightens that physical burden because people look like are looking younger and younger as they age, just because of our all of our technological advancements. But yeah, to that end, like I would always be like, oh, man, like, am I gonna have to just wear like leather woven sandals and walk wheels slow rather than just know figuring out what your own thing is and not having that sort of not having to be sort of lived comparatively and trying to make sense of that. Yeah, through comparison. I think that's big.
Speaker 1: And we are going to have to wear leather woven sandals and walk real slow.
Speaker 3: But you just have to That's great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, please, all right, Well let's take a quick break, and we'll come back and talk about some elderly folks who aren't doing so well with being out of touch. We'll be right back, and we're back, and we got we got a new a new dispatch from the guy who told us that millennials wouldn't be broke if they didn't eat so much avocado toast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought I thought that guy just went into hiding, But he's back with a with an even shittier take. He basically, I'm just gonna plad this guy's clip. He's at a business conference and he's basically saying out loud the thing that most billionaire business owners are always thinking.
Speaker 4: I think the problem that we've had is that we've, yeah, we have people decided that they didn't really want to work so much anymore through COVID, and that has had a massive issue on productivity. You know, tradees have definitely pulled back on productivity. You know, they have been paid a lot to do not too much in the last few years. And we need to see that change. We need to see unemployment rise. Unemployment has to jump forty fifty percent in my way. We need to see pain in the economy. We need to remind people that they work for the employer, not the other way around. I mean, there is a there's been a systematic change where employees feel the employer is extremely lucky to have them as opposed to the other way around. So it's a dynamic that has to change.
Speaker 2: We've got so just like he goes on to say, we got to kill that, We got to kill that attitude.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm sorry, Wow, what I was wondering earlier you said something about trade ease and I was like, what is that?
Speaker 2: Trade? Trades people? Yeah, yeah, trade. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He seems cool and like he's in touch and just looking out for the common man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What a monster. Holy shit. I mean, but this is the kind of thing we've seen this way of thinking play out in our own economy, like with the Federal Reserve as they try to quote tackle inflation, which is really diluting worker power and FED chair and private equity mogul Jerome Powell gave this very euphemistic description of how they intend to tackle inflation and when he said basically over the past few weeks, he said, fixing inflation will quote require a.
Speaker 1: Sustained period of blow trend growth and some softening of labor market conditions, and as he put it, quote by reducing hiring demand, that would give us a chance to get inflation down, get wages down, and then get inflation down.
Speaker 2: Wow. So he means people need to get kicked in the teeth in the labor market, so they'll take lower wages because the thinking here is that higher interest rates mean companies can borrow less and to still make profits, they have to lay people off, as we've seen this happen over the course of the year, and if more people are unemployed, then they can pay lower wages and then presumably lower the cost of their goods. Allegedly, that's the concept that they they point to, but all of the research shows that the wages are not driving inflation, despite every billionaire wanting to kind of keep this narrative going. It's like, we got to pay these people so much now that I don't know what to do except price gouge the customer. It's everybody knows it's supply chain issues, it's arising energy costs, a fucking housing crisis, and profit hoarding by corporations. That's what it is. Yeah, So we're just sort of caught in this like very like, are really trying to like say these things out loud. He's now that guy who just spoke Tim Gerner. He's like, ah, sorry about that. Didn't mean to kind of a hot take from me. It's just really he apologized for saying, wow, it's it's a very it's like kinda yeah, I don't know. And also the thing about him, he's also a millennial, the avocado toast guy, so he was just trying to be like, as a millennial, that's figured it out to my fellow Millenni's layoff the avocado toast, will you mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I did not expect him to be Australian. I've seen the headlines. I've never heard him speak before. I didn't know exactly who he was. Australians generally are the most laid back, chill people, and I've been there a bunch. Their avocado toast is super expensive, but that's because in part they are actually paying their Like cafe workers make like twenty five dollars an hour. You don't tip over there. It's just not part of the system because for the most part, people are making a living wage. This guy, he's he's the antithesis of everything I know about Australians, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the least chill azzie I know.
Speaker 3: I don't know why he can't just be vibin with some psilocybin.
Speaker 1: Yeahlicyb but everybody enough.
Speaker 2: I wonder what kind of revelation he would have on a mushroom trip, though, I.
Speaker 1: Wonder, like he is, I know a lot. There's like a lot of Silicon Valley people and people like that who do take psychedelics, and I think that they do show the limitation of that because it can be just like bent to whatever is of interest in your interests.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it can cure psychopathy or whatever's greed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The story and ones like it always frustrate me because I will be like, it really seems like the reason prices are going up is because they're raising prices, and that feels bad because they're not raising people's wages to go with the prices. And then when they have to talk about the fact that they're raising the prices on the things we have to buy but not paying us anymore. When they talk about that, they say that it's actually we have it too good. Yeah, And when I say that, like everyone's like somebody will be come in, like in the discord or something. They'll be like, actually, I'm an economist, and your understanding of this is ass backwards and it's actually market forces that are like forcing this shit, like and I just I don't know, like maybe I'm missing some large piece of the puzzle, but it really feels like the whole idea of economics and all of this shit is just like noise that has been utilized to concentrate power and wealth in the hands of like a very few, and we have this thing where like now all of the economic indicators are telling us like things are good, guys, we should be happy, but nobody's happy because things aren't actually good for anyone except them, right, So it's it's just very frustrating. It feels like it's like an attack on like the very like I don't know they've done this thing, like whoa. Like capitalism is overrated in the sense that it's like not a good way to run the world, but I think it's underrated in how just like persistent and all encompassing and brilliant it is, and like this is just one of those ways that it like invades language and attacks meaning. You know, it attacks our ability to create meaning and even fucking like talk about what is happening around us right in a way that is really frustrating and deflating. And I think is the real reason that it's like so hard to get any sort of revolution like going is because it's just so fucking complicated and capitalism. You know, we can work hard, capitalism works harder. But yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad you brought up revolution. I didn't want to have to say it. Don't want to. I don't want to have to say it needs to be violent, but I will say it's all these people seem to respond to in terms I don't know that it has to be so complicated. What freaks me out and I'm taking this conversation completely sideways, but what freaks me out is how capitalism has kind of eaten our modes of communication or how I don't even this is these are new ideas and I'm saying them out loud for the first time. I'm just feeling empowered on this podcast where you know, we're all we're all hooked into the internet and we're not in control of that that can that can be censored and taken away from us at any time, I really think, Yeah, we got to get out there, we got to be we gotta get in the communities. We got to be talking to each other, coming up with alternate modes of communication, and we do actually have to get this revolution going.
Speaker 2: And we need to scare the fuck out of these people. But they're just going to be like, then I'll just go deeper into the core of the earth in my bunker.
Speaker 3: Absolutely No, they all have bunkers in New Zealand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Uh, But like this is just like this perspective of the ruling class, Like market forces are not right, Like this idea that like workers should be grateful that they're paid sub subsistence wages while they get to fuck off to a tropical island. No, that doesn't fucking square with me. And not a single one of these mutant fuck jobs would ever dare say that maybe they are the ones should take a hit to their fucking wages. Never do you.
Speaker 1: Think you're a million times better and like smarter than us because you have a million times more money than any any of us. Have you have all are a million times you know how to assemble this fucking automobile. Right, go ahead, ashole, get on the fucking line.
Speaker 2: You're gonna fuck up and hurt yourself because you know what the fuck you're doing, because you've you know, lacked your way up to the top, because of the class that you come from or the place you've were able to climb to. And I think that's what really a like, I think that's what's really fucked up, is that there's this continuation if you're just watching like CNN or some shit, where they're never gonna be like I mean, and maybe one maybe one like side commentator might be like, well, why don't CEOs make less? Like why why are we not asking someone who makes twenty five million dollars a year? Can they?
Speaker 1: They'll say that, but they'll treat it like it's a childish complaint.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, exactly, And because the whole because what they're saying is the whole game is that you should aspire to get to that point. You don't want to stay at this low point because that's for that's like, that's the worst, and we're not interested in making the lives better for people who have to work like wage jobs or whatever. And it's just the Yeah, and I think that's the part that a lot of people they just feel that inherent unfairness of it all. And then you get people like Larry Summers who just like second that from like a tropical island, and he's like, yeah, yeah, it's like the workers need to like pipe down, like this is wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about what a great comedian Bill Maher is and how much we want to seeing him just without the writers, without those writers getting in the way of his hilarious hot takes.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back, and we're back, and all right.
Speaker 1: So Bill Maher is feeling empowered by how Drew Barrymore brought her show back and everyone was just like, all right, it's cool, we're good. Oh wait, no, that didn't have really badly. He's like said some horrible shit about the writer's strike and like how writers demands are kookie, and I think, you know, it received a bunch of criticism that he should have listened to, but instead I think he got his feelings hurt for being criticized, and is now was just like, well, fuck it, I'll do I'll do this show right without the writers because he said that he well, he's defending his decision by stating writers are not the only people with issues, problems and concerns.
Speaker 2: M M yeah, I like that. I think is he doing the same thing about just trying to swap out writers to be like I'm concerned about the people who are like working on the stage and things like that. You see there is a I mean, like you know, I know people that are Nayatzi who are in solidarity with SAG and the WGA, and I know that that labor action works. Yeah, this is how but this is also like the very convenient like rationale. They used to be like, well, I do care about people, these other people and and I'm not trying to undermine what's happening with these other labor unions. But we did we see it, Bill, we see what see what you're doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I asked Zi Gang, like some brave Zi Gang member, watch watch this what watch what it looks like? Like I can't do it. I can't watch his show when he comes back.
Speaker 2: Writers, I didn't even want.
Speaker 3: He had a show anymore, to be honest, it's so bad.
Speaker 1: It's so fucking bad. But the only time you like get an unguarded moment from him is like suddenly he'll like get defense and be like, oh, come on, why are you guys laughing? I mean really like that's like his whole energy. So like I'm just what the fuck is that show going to be? I mean, it's gonna probably be like scab writers, But like, also, he's just so aggressively unfunny and shitty.
Speaker 3: He's he's been just smarming and mugging and smirking at the camera for years, So he can keep doing that without writers, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can probably just Yeah, I feel like the whole show could just be him scoffing at like.
Speaker 3: Just little noises coming out of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really wages, Oh kooky Healthcare. The WGA called them a disappointing because they apparently had higher expectations for Bill Maher than the rest of the world, but said that mar is a WGA member and therefore cannot perform any writing services himself. So he's going to He's not even gonna be able to write his own jokes. We're gonna have to watch him try and act like he's making the stuff up off the off the cuff, right.
Speaker 2: I like how he's like I won't do a monologue, okay, to honor the spirit of the strike, because I couldn't improvise one if I fucking tried. But I wonder, I wonder do you think he's like secretly like, fuck man, get some scabs in here, or do you think his ego is big enough he's like I don't fucking need writers to do my shit.
Speaker 1: Watch this, Like what version do you think we're getting that he's.
Speaker 3: Truly I'm going to ego. I just I just feel that.
Speaker 1: From egovert Yeah, didn't rather than go on the scab route.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think he's probably been shielded for long enough by his career as well from like the people around him, that he thinks he's actually funny enough to pull this off.
Speaker 3: What what is the structure of the show, So okay, he doesn't do a monologue, what is it? And how happy?
Speaker 2: I mean, it'll probably just be having guests on and then but then he'll probably not have a single guest like because you know, he'll have like all kinds of I'm.
Speaker 1: Rule babes should let me hug them.
Speaker 2: I mean, I have a feeling he's just gonna have you know, like he'll have his roundtable of talking heads, but probably not a single person who would point out how absurd it is for him to bring the show back and go completely against the strike. So I'm sure he'll have like, you know, James cave Alon or something, and like some other stand up comedian who had recently been canceled, so they can.
Speaker 1: Be like, I don't understand why they want.
Speaker 2: All these new wages, and that'll just be the show and they can just agree with each other that they're not bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the heck comedians are eating right now.
Speaker 2: Man, they're.
Speaker 1: David Spade and Snake Oil like that show. I don't know, maybe he's not a heck. I haven't been up on his I haven't been watching his stand up lately.
Speaker 3: But he's like the inside of a bill maher Babushkadal really like I didn't realize how much these people had in common intil just right now. But yeah, there are these kind of, yeah, diminishing versions of the same.
Speaker 2: Guy right right right, Yeah, because snake Oil comes out, Yeah, it's like in the middle of the strike and won't need writers, I guess.
Speaker 1: Because it's because of the genius of David Is it cake? But for everything else.
Speaker 2: Is it business?
Speaker 1: Is it business? I didn't. I didn't realize. Jay Leno came back during the strike in two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight and like performed monologues that he claimed to have written himself again even he was himself a guild member. But there were of course rumors that he had help, and the WGA considered investigating his authorship, but then ultimately he got.
Speaker 2: Got out of it.
Speaker 1: Elon Musk chimed in and suggested that Mars should share some share more clips of his strike breaking show on X so he's got all the good guys on. Yeah, it's it is really like interesting that they're all just lining up with one another, all the worst pieces of shit.
Speaker 2: They're trying so hard.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I wonder what the next because you know, someone else is gonna feel emboldened now right if Bill Maher is doing it, I wonder who the next person is. And I just I don't know if it's gonna everyone's gonna be like, oh well, I see that one. I get that. I think most people are, at least from people that have any sort of interest in the strike. I think most people are just gonna be like this is fucking nonsense, Like, go ahead, Like.
Speaker 1: I could almost believe that Drew, not that Drew Barrymore should have come back, because she should have showed solidarity, but I can almost believe that, Like I've never seen her show, but I would have to assume that it's like her out there, just like giving off Drew Barrymore vibes, like and that's kind of what a lot of the show is. But Bill Maher is like he he shared all every last piece of talent and you know, relevance from his body like in the early nineties. I feel like there's there's no way this isn't going to be a complete disaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, without writers, it's probably just going to be like just unrestrained Islamophobia is one of his other loves when he gets to talking like that's basically what it is out there. Yeah right, so forgot, Yeah, prepare for an even more unadulterated version of that.
Speaker 3: That sounds like it could be a title of his new show as well, like it just has that feeling unrestrained islamophobia. Yeah, yeah, I'm curious.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, I feel like I didn't even know he still had a show and I want to take a peek at this absolute disaster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of. I am intrigued. It's it's going to be interesting. But you just said you couldn't do it, Jack, save yourself, Save yourself. Yeah, you know, I want to hurt myself, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh all right?
Speaker 1: Well you know clips will be on uh like pleasure spiked with pain. It'll be on X formally known as Twitter, those clips. This fucking Newsweek article about this was like, you know what Elon Musk told his more than ten million followers on X formerly Twitter, that well, I just like I don't know. I'm still I'm still not allowing that. I will not allow it, like just say Twitter, it's it we You don't need to call it X just because he's calling it X like it's it's confusing, it's wasted energy, it's wasted words. Are they worried that they'll get sued by Elon Musk or do they think that, like, is that part of their aisle guide it? It seems like it was like a just across the board decision to call it like now start saying X formerly known as Twitter, and it's so dumb.
Speaker 2: Gets mad, dude, he gets mad. I forget what. I wish I could remember half the tweets I read. But someone was like, yeah, it's really rich that the guy who's always into dead naming is suddenly being like, don't call it Twitter anymore?
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, yeah, we don't need to buy into this guy's delusion. Collectively we can Twitter. Is that something you can be sued over? I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it feels like. The corporate media has at least all been like, Okay, so this is actually what we have to do, because we're serious people.
Speaker 2: Musk told us we have to even though yeah, you can still go to Twitter dot com. So, yes, which one is it? Is it Uchi Wally or is it one mic? X dot com X dot com? Do they say X?
Speaker 1: They just called it X call it so fucking we followers on X what place? And followers are on X man? Yeah, and they can't stop grinding their teeth. That's right, all right?
Speaker 3: Well, in a little bit particularly dark dating app. Sorry, just had this chip right, the logo, everything about it X. Yeah, find your next X on X.
Speaker 1: It's very Yeah, it looks unprofessional, it looks like ship. But he's been trying to he's been trying to name something X for so long in addition to his.
Speaker 4: X.
Speaker 1: Right, but like he wanted to name PayPal X. I think back then, yeah, and then they were like what no. And then he's just gotten so rich that now all the people who could say what no to him.
Speaker 2: Are like, yeah, I guess I'm fired. There's space X. There's a model X tesla, like it's everything's just xed out. We get it, man, it's ninety eight. I think it's full letter.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Does someone say a show that mushroom tattoo?
Speaker 1: All right? And finally, in some in a bit of good news, cup noodles now with caffeine. I think we don't just say anything beyond that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, only in Japan, though only in Japan, where you know, dehydrated noodles are the fuel source of many people who like to play video games. Don't stop. It's a kind of like a trope, like single guys, like their apartment is just filled with like empty cup noodle containers. It's like the easiest way to feed yourself. So just as a Japanese person, it makes sense to be like, dude, there's some fucking caffeine in that ship now, and now we can get them to do it. It just does it all now for people who just want to just not have to move too far.
Speaker 1: If you don't, if you're sick of energy drinks that don't taste like curry and pork, you know that's this this product is for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I are there other foods that are caffeinated.
Speaker 3: Like there's a type of chocolate called Awake with a little owl on.
Speaker 2: It, right, right, right, But I guess not like they're like comeing to fucking Jimmy John's for our caffeinated foot longs or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean wide away Hamburger.
Speaker 3: Who doesn't want to chew an energy drink? I mean it's honestly the perfect thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get your jaw working while your heart starts a pumping. Yeah yeah, I don't know. This story will just go down for me as the moment that I realized they dropped the Oh, that's the first time I noticed it. I don't know why I finally noticed it. We've done stories about their pumpkin spice cup noodles. We've done stories about their offbeat breakfast cup noodles. Maybe I have realized it before, but it didn't stick.
Speaker 2: Ah so no, Yeah, I was. I had a lot of instantly lunch more than a couple news Oh yeah, you know that chicken one that was That was like for a while. I remember I just told my moms like that's all I need to eat, Like, that's all I need to get at the store, Like I'll just seat that because it's I just have to pour hot water on and I'm good.
Speaker 3: There's nothing like a flavor pack. I could use more flavor packs in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, do they just sell loose flavor packets of like Instagram?
Speaker 3: That's incredible?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just give me that.
Speaker 1: Let's put that on fucking everything, my popcorn and ship.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, new business, new rules, and flavor packets for a nice way to.
Speaker 1: Pep up your movie popcorn. Folks. This is the kind of shit you're gonna get without writers, that's right. Uh well, Dan, such a pleasure having you on the daily Zeitgeist. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Thank you? Just google Dan Smith you'll find something. Listen. My online presence is chaotic. I have a new album out on eight hundred pound It's called Chiweeni in a tank Top, which is also my gender identity and you must respect it. And I prepared for this like I've never prepared for anything so hard in my life. So I'm going to tell you cities you can find me out soon. Toronto September twenty first to twenty third, Toronto, Portland September thirtieth, Seattle October sixth and seventh, And those are the most most recent ones coming up.
Speaker 1: All right, amazing, Chiweeni is a chihuahua and.
Speaker 3: Doug yeah, absolutely, yeah, it's visual was clear ever koweeding a tank top. It's part of a larger riff about you know, I don't know, being a they that whatever, who cares? None of the words are right. Call me anything you want.
Speaker 1: Amazing and is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, yes, So about a chapter away from finishing the book Hysterical. The last name is bassist. I don't know how to pronounce the first name E l I s s A Eliza Alissa alyssa bassist. It's a memoir called Hysterical, and it's just so freaking good. It's really about her personal struggles with health and silencing her own voice, and then it's just really smart and goes into just all sorts of things like women's literature and history and healthcare. And it made me feel smart reading it, and it does not make me feel smart trying to summarize it. Hysterical by bassist. It's really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing. And Miles, where can people find you? What's the work media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, find me Twitter, all the places, basically Miles of Gray at Miles of Gray. If you like basketball, check Jack and I out on our basketball podcast, Miles and Jack Got Mad Books.
Speaker 1: If you like ninety day fiance, check me out on my ninety day fiance podcast called four to twenty Day Fiance. You know what the fuck's going on right there when I say that.
Speaker 2: And also check out The Good Thief, which is a true crime show where we are pursuing the real life Greek robin hood and it's all of eight episodes are out now. And when I say true crime, it has no murder or like fucked up violence or anything like that. It's just good old fashioned robbing millionaires and giving money away to people that need it. So it's a very good show. Some tweets I like, oh man, there's Okay, so there's like when Bill Maher tweeted that he was bringing the show back, he'd like, did this whole long thing. It's like real Time is coming back, unfortunately sans writers are writing. It has been five months and it has to It is time to bring people back to work. The writers have important issues that I simplifize with blah blah blah at Harry M. Wood took that whole statement and just said, I know we're not supposed to be working during the strike, but I couldn't resist giving this a quick edit pass and just blacked out selected words and this statement, and it reads like this Real Time is coming back. Unfortunately, we all were hopeful this would come to an end. But I love to see people and I'll say it up front to the audience. The show will not be good, full stop. The heart of the show is bullshit and that will continue. The show will discipline.
Speaker 1: That's incredible, that's great, well done.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. Yeah, I was really enjoying the Bill Maher stuff. Somebody just tweeted a Gabe delay. Dela Hey tweeted a rare misstep for Bill Maher Molly Mary O'Brien tweeted my job NFL team graphic designer, my mission to make a bird look as mean as possible. Yeah, all right. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website Daily zeike geist dot com, where we post our episode and our footnote no where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy mile, Yes, what song do you think people may be enjoy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I'm we're blessed today that my internet has not and power did not go down simultaneously when I had a song lined up to put everybody onto yesterday's episode. But now I can't say we're gonna go out on. Yeah, I can't say. It's called Cannock Chase, and I don't know if I'm pronouncing that right, but it's c A N N O c K and then the second word to c cha s E. And it's by Lobby Sifray, who is like an iconic artist who I did not know of, but I knew that this this man's work was sampled so many times and he was this he is still alive. But in the seventies, this openly gay musician who talked all like just the lyrics were hitting real topics that people were like we're feeling back then, and it's like it's like this, like funkier, like black James Taylor from the UK kind of vibe. The guitar picking is really good. So just check this album out if you liked any of those words I said, you must check this song out. It's by Lobby l A B I, Ciff Ray s I F F R E and it's called Cannock Chase. But yeah, you'll check this one out.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: We will link off to that in the footnote. Todaily Zeit, Guys is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gonna do it for us this week. We are back on Monday morning to tell you what trended over the weekend, and on Tuesday with a very special episode, we'll talk to y'all then bye bye,