Speaker 1: Welcome back to Artists on Artists on Artists on Artists.
Speaker 2: This week on the show, we gather four of the most famous and popular traffic reporters and gather them around to talk process.
Speaker 3: Traffic reporters have been the number one reason why people know there's traffic before Google Maps.
Speaker 4: Now people don't need them, but that doesn't mean they're not in the sky.
Speaker 5: Whether they're just something to cut to to break up the back and forth between the main guy, and whether or whether they are providing actual information. We're going to get to the bottom of it here today.
Speaker 4: So let's check in to see what's bogged up. Let's listen in.
Speaker 5: Well, I'd say, on the way to the studio, I experienced congestion on the southbound one oh one going from Alvarado all the way up to Silver Lake Boulevard, clearing up by the time time I got off on bent and Way, but by the time I got here it had already dissipated and should be a smooth ride.
Speaker 6: As I parked my car.
Speaker 7: I felt that too. You know, a man had run on to the southbound one oh one wearing just his boxer briefs and a can of soda in his hand completely closed down three to five lanes cleared up about one ten today, So my journey was still bogged up from that, but then sorted out right at the end.
Speaker 2: Similar thing happened today. Darren Day in Daytona reporting here live from Florida. I came all the way here from Florida today to come in here and come come to the big Hollywood and talk about things. But I flew straight on Delta Airlines, went straight through the flight.
Speaker 4: It's no traffic in the sky. It's good. It's good.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's good to be It's good to be flying sometimes as a traffic reporter because it's nice not to see any traffic up in the sky.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 3: I have to disagree. I came from the Onueins and I was not having a problem with traffic.
Speaker 4: It's one of these MPR guys. Oh oh oh, you take their time.
Speaker 3: Sorry. I don't want to get in a fight with you guys. But when I'm reporting traffic, I don't understand what the rush is. The cars are still.
Speaker 6: Oh, I get it. He's an artist.
Speaker 7: There's a rush because you need to know which route is the best route to take, and if you're going to be running into traffic.
Speaker 1: Quicker I go, the better an ad can fit in.
Speaker 3: And the slower I go, the less, Lakshmi saying has to speak. She's been on vocal rest for weeks and I'm trying to help her out.
Speaker 4: It's just getting report.
Speaker 7: It feels like there's a five car pile up in your vocal cords.
Speaker 4: You're going so slow right now, now.
Speaker 3: I'm being razzed. Looks like my attitude is taking a U turn and driving right into your own face.
Speaker 4: So be careful.
Speaker 5: Oh, it seems like a four car pile up and terrible accident and all the fallout, and they just exchange information all the while you have yet to say a sentence.
Speaker 4: That's how it's all out happened.
Speaker 3: Well, well, it looks like we have sort of a backup on you guys becoming my friends. Turns out that it's at a standstill, and I suggest you take a U turn because you don't want to get caught in this mess, because I don't think I like you guys.
Speaker 2: It's looking like rain, So we're gonna move on from this bit. Try to wash it down and see if we could start from the beginning a new road.
Speaker 4: A new template.
Speaker 7: And now that we are a little bogged down, let's go around and introduce ourselves to this wonderful podcast. Thank you for having us. I guess you know box start. My name is Trey Beans. I worked for k loos and k r o Q kalos in front of the screen, kr OQ behind the microphone. I give traffic reports in the morning, in the evenings, and in the night. I am beloved in LA. For Trey Beans is traffic reports. And there's a bunch of sound effects that use and oh getting a little information.
Speaker 4: You guys are loving this, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: I don't like your sound effect for pile up because it sounds like a big, wet fark.
Speaker 4: No, I'm really backed up.
Speaker 2: Feels like an insensitive sound to hear if you were a part of that pile up and loss.
Speaker 1: And kind of maybe had a medical disaster.
Speaker 5: Car crashes, as we know, have the potential to be fatal, and so to hear that squishy fart sound would send me over the edge.
Speaker 2: I couldn't imagine losing a limb and then hearing that sound.
Speaker 5: I do have to give you credit, though, the sheer breadth of sound effects you have is absolutely gigantic.
Speaker 6: What kind of soundboard are you using on that thing?
Speaker 7: I've got a ten thousand Q soundboard. Anytime I want to do a new queue, it's queued up and ready to go for it.
Speaker 4: Tray beans, traffic report what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sexual a little bit too.
Speaker 4: I don't like that. Unless hates it. Do you press rugs?
Speaker 1: Are you were you with a producer directly or are you using the buttons just on you?
Speaker 4: Because I used to.
Speaker 7: I used to work with a producer, but now that the layoffs have started, I now run my own soundboard, and sometimes I miss up the queues.
Speaker 4: I don't like your sound. Cute for a man about to jump off bridge?
Speaker 7: Uh? Just hear at the two South Freeway heading south down there's a man on the overpass, went the one thirty four or two the two about to jump off.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I'm fooling. I'm fooling.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it feels homemade. It feels like you made it yourself.
Speaker 1: It's my favorite.
Speaker 4: Is your amber alert sound? Amber alert? I'm missing, I wind up, I'm missing. I love that sound.
Speaker 7: That is a good all right, that is do what you can do, entertain the people for the traffic, which is usually pretty dry people.
Speaker 4: Just want the information.
Speaker 7: I'm interested in what you guys do after you introduce yourself to lighten up the load and make people on their journey to wherever they're going feel like they're in good hands.
Speaker 4: Well go ahead.
Speaker 5: Well go ahead, go ahead, I will. That is exactly something that I am willing to do.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 5: My name is Denise car I am a traffic reporter for k CAL nine.
Speaker 4: An absolute for the job.
Speaker 5: Baby, I have heard all the jokes. I've heard all the jokes, so you can't get me. I know that I do a good job. And yes, while my NEPO does give me insight into this industry, and I come in with a pre existing knowledge, that does not.
Speaker 6: Dispute the fact that I am good at what I do.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: I used to be an auctioneer.
Speaker 5: I used to be selling weird little trinkets to old men and I would auction them.
Speaker 4: Is that I'm missing? That sounds like you've actually found yourself in dungeon play and came first. The trinkets are the old men. U so I look.
Speaker 5: I maybe perhaps I'm generalizing, but the kind of stuff that old men wish to buy that they can't find on eBay is just kind of stuff that I don't really understand. It's sort of old Civil War coins, or old watches, or old pirate ship mass headings. It's stuff like that that simply does not appeal to me. But boy, did I know how to auction them off.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: I cut my teeth in that for a little bit before k CAL nine, one of the old men who works there spotted me while he was trying to buy an old Spanish mendallion.
Speaker 1: The CA nine guy gotcha nine.
Speaker 4: One of the old men.
Speaker 3: As you all know in the industry, they're k CAL nine is run by nineteen old men.
Speaker 4: Ninety men. You catch all of Yeah, they're kind of a hive mind.
Speaker 5: Head to the golf course in Loca Yata. You should be able to catch one of them.
Speaker 4: Should be called k Calvin nineteen. Boom ja booom.
Speaker 6: Cha budoom cha baoom jaw.
Speaker 5: So then I basically became the traffic reporter go to guy because I know how to fill time. I could fill time like nobody's business. And that's what I've done. And on my days off, I am a mother.
Speaker 4: You're a guy who's the mother, Denise.
Speaker 3: I want to give you a shout out as well, because Denise people might not know this. Denise holds the Guinness Book of World Records for speaking the longest without saying anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I said, it's true. I once I'm on a broadcast. K CAL nine had me locked on. Both of the head anchors went down at the same time with a terrible virus, and they needed me to fill. They just send me the signal, you know, fill, stretch, stretch, and I filled for nine hours and fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Were retired, Denise were retired.
Speaker 6: You know, it comes in peaks and waves.
Speaker 5: I would start to get tired, and then as soon as my eyes would flutter down, I would jump myself awake with a new factoid about my life.
Speaker 6: And you know, sometimes I will be honest.
Speaker 5: I had to start getting once I ran out of stuff to say about the traffic, I had to start getting personal. I had to start saying stuff about my personal life, the troubles I was having in my relationship, and to be honest, some of it was too much information.
Speaker 1: You did say a lot right there and not a lot.
Speaker 7: Yes, felt like we were right there in nine hours. Also, crazy news that they would go on for nine hours seems like it was running into two and a half men today at Kekel nine. Stick around after the traffic report for a nice two and a half men and.
Speaker 6: A half men. I cannot show.
Speaker 3: I cannot wait to talk about how we now have to plug products. I thank god Seattle's best coffee sponsors my traffic report, why we need HI. My name is Don Gripes, and I work for NPR.
Speaker 4: Gripes with the gripe with traffic I have gripes.
Speaker 3: With it is actually ironic. My last name is gripe because traffic gives me joy. I am someone who likes traffic. I like a moment in my day that is not my fault that I get to relax, I get to stop. I get to be grateful for the things I have in my life. I get to be grateful that I'm not the reason there is traffic.
Speaker 7: Something I will say about you is you're kind of doing an Andy Rooney thing with your traffic reported talking about the traffic, about how much it brings you joy, and then bring up something that doesn't bring you joy and that you're having a gripe with.
Speaker 3: Yes, I will say that, and sometimes I will talk about how there is I was actually speaking the other day. I'm cracking up thinking about this. I was speaking about how there was an overturned eighteen wheeler on the two and traffic was at a standstill for about four and a half miles. And you know what else is at a standstill? My metabolism Right now, if I eat a cupcake, you can see that in my thighs for a battle week. It's interesting how our bodies change, and it's interesting how you have to react quickly with your habits. I recently found out that my triglycerides were high, and that is something I've had to come to terms with and brought to you by Hostess cupcakes. What's that fite? Gotta be a hostess?
Speaker 1: Wow, that's really good work.
Speaker 6: That's really gotta be a host Do.
Speaker 4: You read copy for the ads?
Speaker 3: Are you just going off the cup I will not read copy. I read the highway I first of all. And because we're in PR, there have been budget cuts. I am the only one here who actually has to fly the helicopter that's been reporting out of It is overwhelming and stressful sometimes to do both.
Speaker 4: I got a lot of things going on, But that's n PR for you. I mean that is NPR.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, oh boy, I know a thing or two about that, and that it's the radio. Hello, I'm Lauderdale, Canada. I am here reporting live from the helicopter.
Speaker 4: What can I say?
Speaker 1: I'm a lesbian who loves helicopters.
Speaker 3: That's definitely something you could say.
Speaker 4: What else could you?
Speaker 2: Man who loves helicopters. I'm always leaping with a helicopter, fly flyer or somebody like that. I love them. I love being in a helicopter. That makes something about it makes me so happy. I run the fan duel traffic reports.
Speaker 4: Yes, now, you can bet on the traffic.
Speaker 2: You can bet on the traffic, that's for sure. You can bet if in Daytona it may rain. We gotta pile up on four oh five? Can I get five dollars five.
Speaker 3: Dale?
Speaker 5: Every state has its own four oh five as we go.
Speaker 3: Now, you're the only traffic reporter here here who is also a bookie, which I think is very cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you're you're you are live within the broadcast telling people to who owe you money that they need to cough up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, come on now, listen, we got we got pile up on the pH and I'm looking for money from at frog Store two nine. I'm looking for two thousand dollars. You owe me two thousand dollars from the Rams game. We have a pile up here northound side, would pile up on the northbound side. And I'm looking for a bunch of women who owe me money. And that's because of something else.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 3: I have a cousin in Miami who told me that they have a neighbor that owed you some money.
Speaker 4: You have a cousin who has a neighbor, yeah, in Miami.
Speaker 3: Well, and this is traffic report stuff. So I said, you must get a kick out of this. His neighbor owed you money. And my cousin could hear your trapper above his house for about a week.
Speaker 4: Oh man, we do spun stuff like that. Yeah, you chase people down with your helicopter.
Speaker 3: We go.
Speaker 1: We are above your house because we're not.
Speaker 4: We're here for the money.
Speaker 2: We're here for the money, you slime bags, skunk, We're here for the fucking money. And if you don't and there's no traffic here on your twenty fourth street, but we're up above causing traffic because you owe me fucking five hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Skag. Scuck must be.
Speaker 5: He's so scary to have the helicopter wearing so loud above your home.
Speaker 2: We let you owe that copter money, and god forbid you have a satellite.
Speaker 4: We will take that shit down. We will take that shit down. Satellite dishes, Oh yeah, dishes, People still have those.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess you can't land on a satellite dish, that's true.
Speaker 2: No, but we'll take it down. We're ripping people's satellite dishes off. Listen, I'm dating so many different helicopter flyers copters.
Speaker 7: Pilot island is the word I was looking for.
Speaker 4: And there was a short flyer is a thing a four year old.
Speaker 2: Sorry, there was a little bit of a brain fart on the south bound.
Speaker 4: Of my brain in an accident Amber alert. There's an old woman missing. I'm missing.
Speaker 7: Oh sorry, I don't mean to interrupt him. Just getting report. One thirty four east bound has closed down. A dog has gotten into a car, driven it backwards under the freeway, injuring multiple cars, injuring the car.
Speaker 5: I am seeing that the dog has slammed its way into multiple cyber trucks and now is doing a spin out in the freeway.
Speaker 2: Looks like a postmate's coco has run into that car that was injured, and now the coco is flying through the air.
Speaker 4: This justin.
Speaker 3: A cat on a motorcycle has come after the dog in a car. It looks like there might be some all out street brawl reports coming soon.
Speaker 5: Yes, just big Peacock has entered the fray and it seems like he's aligning himself with the dog. Now should we see who aligns himself with the cat. We'll figure that out.
Speaker 7: Peacock Ponies. All episodes out now on.
Speaker 2: Peacock Ponies out now on Peacock Haylee Richardson, you owe me five grand Wow.
Speaker 4: That was fun. That was It was fun. That was fun. Oil Dynasty Timebriter Studio. It's for Lauderville, Canada.
Speaker 6: It is Denise Car and it's tray Beans.
Speaker 1: It's good to be around.
Speaker 4: I can't do this.
Speaker 1: I can't do this when I go out to lunch or when I go out to dinner.
Speaker 3: When I my voice, they yeah, I h They put an embargo on me speaking at all family events.
Speaker 2: I like doing speeches and it's and it always just takes the air out of the room. My daughter graduated from high school and I said Can I do a speech?
Speaker 4: Can I do a speech? How did the administration respond? I to do it live from a copter above? Sure, because I wanted to. I didn't feel right to do it. Standing. Can you guys speak? Do public speaking?
Speaker 7: Tough for me to not start commenting on how the flow of the event is going.
Speaker 5: I tried to do that when I renewed my vows and it was so it's it's difficult to focus.
Speaker 6: You can't turn this part of your brain off.
Speaker 3: I hate to say this, but I ruined my mother's funeral. No I did. I said, Oh, traffic, the coffee traffic.
Speaker 4: Is backed up all the way down the aisle. My mother's couldaver is at the forefront of it, at a complete standstill. Hard just call your mother's body of cadaver. But that's how you agreeth.
Speaker 6: Car pile up it my mother's could ever.
Speaker 4: My oldest daughter is getting married.
Speaker 2: There's a big pile up of bridesmaids in ugly pink at the in the middle of the aisle.
Speaker 3: I must say too, it must be difficult for all of us to go into a grocery store, considering there's a microphone just over and start.
Speaker 7: Recording there is a two person pile up, a news that a two year old without a diaper has been running around the cereal section knocking over cereal. I'd avoid that aisle if you can for the next twenty minutes as people clear it up.
Speaker 2: Looks like we have a three person line at the balloon station because it looks like it's Father's day.
Speaker 4: Dad's a grad. That's a grad. Yeah, dad's grads. Three people on the balloon Stah.
Speaker 7: Looks like there's a little bit of a backup near the deli section there.
Speaker 4: I've gotten a little confused.
Speaker 7: An old woman has lost her number, and now she is begging people to skip the line because she has a luncheon to get through.
Speaker 2: The amount of times my daughter wants to go to In and Out and I go, don't get me in that driveway because I am going to.
Speaker 4: About it.
Speaker 1: A pile after pile up after pile up after pile up.
Speaker 5: It is ten car pile up at the Burger place and we are never getting out of here.
Speaker 7: It's been an animal st flood in the parking lot of In and Out. Boy has dropped his animal style fries all over the front seat of a car. A mid reverse so they have blocked off most of the parking lot.
Speaker 4: I would not go there for a lunch. I would like to ask a question, now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you guys get respect from the other reporters at your workplace? Do they see your job as one that is of note? Have you gotten problems?
Speaker 2: I've never looked a weatherman in the eye. I don't trust him as far as I could throw them. I have beef with the weather man as well. I think that they think our job is not as important. And I think that some people think that both of those jobs could kind of be won, because when you think about it, it's the weather and the cars are kind of part of what's gonna.
Speaker 4: Affect your mind. Sorry, you're wrong.
Speaker 7: And eighteen wheeler flipping over does not create the thunderstorm.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: I have heard that there's thunder inside the truck. There's a chance that it has gotten.
Speaker 4: Out every once in a while.
Speaker 2: I've heard why don't you two carpool and I go, sir, I cannot do that. The weather guy's got so many computers, and I like to spread out.
Speaker 7: Cannot stand these weathermen bringing all their computers in and out of work and.
Speaker 4: Work.
Speaker 3: I find it shockingly ironic that they sit on their computer, look at the Doppler system and tell me what the sky looks like. Mean, while I am in the sky rain my ass, Darryl, I do not see it, and I am here in it.
Speaker 2: I'll see it before you do, Darryl. That's because you're down there. I'm up here.
Speaker 4: I could do it.
Speaker 2: Oh it's for Laudavil, Canada.
Speaker 3: I could do your job, and I literally am. But I'm keeping it to myself because I'm a good boy.
Speaker 4: Darryl.
Speaker 2: My eyes aren't up there, they're down here. I'm looking at what you're sitting in your own shit, Darryl.
Speaker 4: I can't believe you also have a Daryl. Are your weather men's Darrel's Darryl.
Speaker 6: Rain's is Darryl Tornado?
Speaker 4: Who really extreme? Darryl Tornado?
Speaker 6: Ye, I hate it's weird for Los Angeles. It's weird for Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: I don't like that some of the news anchor ladies will come up to me at the holiday party and go, I barely get to talk to you. You're only on for thirty second increments every other hour. I go, it's not the size, honey. Get your head out of the size Queen.
Speaker 4: Well, it is really tough.
Speaker 6: Get your head out of the size Queen.
Speaker 1: We have signs of reporting we do. It's the quality, eh.
Speaker 5: It's the It's exactly it is, how you use it. Couldn't have said it better myself. I would say it does cause some issues when we have an annual office Secret Santa, because the other people don't feel like they know me at all, because I'm always in the sky, and so if i get somebody who's a main anchor, I'm just kind of guessing I'm getting them a fifty dollars gift card to Sephora, and I'm calling it a day.
Speaker 3: I will say, one of the most heartbreaking things, and this is one of my gripes, is when you receive a Secret Santa gift that makes it clear that the doesn't know you very well.
Speaker 7: One of the worst feelings in the world. Traffic reporter can go through.
Speaker 3: A couple of things that I've received, Reese's peanut butter cups, a bunch of them.
Speaker 4: You do not know me.
Speaker 6: You do not know me.
Speaker 5: You know what I got last year was a big allan wrench set.
Speaker 6: Wrenches. You do not know me.
Speaker 4: Give my card to a grocery store.
Speaker 1: You do not know me. A Burke Williams cubon. You do not know me.
Speaker 4: Well, that's just rude. That's not even a gift. They didn't pay any money for that.
Speaker 5: You do not know me, unscented candle, you do not know me.
Speaker 4: The other week guy got the other week the other week. The other week I.
Speaker 7: Got hot wheels, and I said, I'm not a car guy. I just report on them.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, when they give you, well.
Speaker 6: It seems like to be honest, they tried to know you.
Speaker 4: They didn't and they hate me and I hate them.
Speaker 7: We eat, we eat the chisel, little squeeze.
Speaker 4: What is that for that? That's a tire that has flown off a car. Oh, that's so sad. I got once a bag for your chargers. What is that? Huh? A bag for your chargers? Charge? You do not know me.
Speaker 2: Literally, this is a real gift. I got this Christmas a bag for my chargers.
Speaker 4: Well that actually they do know you.
Speaker 7: You're losing those things constantly and must be driving the people at your work crazy because you keep on asking for those chargers.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you, guys, who do you hate at your workplace?
Speaker 4: Oh? You want to just talk about who we hated our workplace.
Speaker 7: We're talking Dennie. She is an intern that drives me absolutely up the wall.
Speaker 1: Is she interned for the traffic report intern.
Speaker 7: For the traffic report departments. She doesn't want to be here. Her father got her the job.
Speaker 4: Is she up in the sky with you.
Speaker 7: She is up in the sky and terrified, constantly screaming. If you listen to some of my traffic boards, you can hear Deanie screaming in the background as you're a flying Everybody here knows it is a requirement that you must bring an intern into the helicopter with you.
Speaker 3: I do not know why that was stated, but that was literally legislation passed down from Barack Obama.
Speaker 4: Cusein Obama, I'll pass that legislation. One of the first things he did.
Speaker 2: He came in the Oval office and he added the intern rule of it Scott, and.
Speaker 5: He said, folks, there's gotta be an intern up in those copters.
Speaker 3: Now hold on a minute, Hold on a minute. That was the funniest impression of Obama I've ever heard.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: I have a lot of time in the copter to work on it.
Speaker 6: While I'm waiting to be thrown to do.
Speaker 1: You guys, how long do you guys get? Do you guys get thirty seconds, ten minutes, three minutes?
Speaker 4: What do you get?
Speaker 7: They're always trying to go shorter with me. I get about ten to twenty seconds to get it all out, depending on how much time I want.
Speaker 1: And now do you get a you're on deck? And how long is that?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 7: I got an on deck one minute. I've prepped in, I'm ready to go. And once it's launched, tree beans launches in.
Speaker 4: We have a light I won't know if I'm on into the lights on. That must be distracting in the helicopter. It is hard. I have a secret.
Speaker 3: We pre record our traffic on NPR because we cannot afford to hire me all day, so a lot of my reports are canned.
Speaker 4: Are you guessing it? What's gonna happen later that day?
Speaker 3: About two times a year I come in and I pre record every possible outcome for every possible highway pile up on the bomb category. That sounds awful, There's I mean, there's not that many different things unless it's a very very exciting, crazy situation. Other than that, I'm just out there alone in the helicopter in case there's an emergency.
Speaker 4: But they don't need to cut to me otherwise.
Speaker 6: Wow, but they still have you in the copter, just.
Speaker 4: Still in the copter every day in the copter, just quiet as them out. What are you doing up there? Jigsaw puzzles? Yeah, jigsaw puzzles in the helicopter. What could you be doing up there in the sky for so long? Jigsaw puzzles? I'm not doing jigsaw puzzles Live from Katie Olan. He's not one. What about you? What about me?
Speaker 6: What about me?
Speaker 4: What? What do you think? I'm so sorry? I think? What do you think?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 5: This is a classic thing that traffic reporters have to be good at because sometimes we're just thrown to when there's really nothing to say.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, have you ever been thrown to during a cooking session in the morning and they know?
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 6: Ev sky?
Speaker 4: You think?
Speaker 5: And I just simply have to go, well, I believe that there is a big pile up on the one oh one, and sometimes there's a little bit of congestion, but it should be clearing up, and southbound it's looking good, and northbound it's not looking good at all.
Speaker 4: Super specific with that one.
Speaker 2: If they ask me, if they ask me, what do you think and they're down there doing the cooking thing, I go, well, that looks yummy. What doesn't look yummy is southbound going up on Los.
Speaker 4: Aanle southbound going up.
Speaker 3: I will say it is heartbreaking sometimes when they cut to you and you try to include yourself when they're talking about, you know, certain things and talking about food or saying and you say, oh, sounds like you're having a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: In there and making a for Tata. I'm having fun up here too. Detail it.
Speaker 5: It's so hard to do banter when you are so physically far os.
Speaker 7: That Carbonara looks delicious. Costallda one on one north blocking all traffic to Ventura.
Speaker 4: Wow, that jummy.
Speaker 5: Soon it looks absolutely divine. Terror makes you think about the traffic, and I know it does to me.
Speaker 4: It makes you think about the traffic. Jeremy, you're looking like really sad right now. Thank you so much. I tried better help and it didn't work. Check out our Patreon instead of therapy. I got.
Speaker 7: I gotta what question is your intern named Tara? Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: Does thats alla look good?
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you what's Tikam so slow.
Speaker 5: Is right in front of you, or Tica Ma stalled, so slow slow slow self found.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you're having a blast in there listening to the new song from Sia. I see a traffic.
Speaker 2: Or sometimes do they ever try to make you talk about the traffic like they're talking about the movie coming out that weekend? They made me go there are so many alpha buzz going up with the one on one.
Speaker 4: And I go, I can't to do this.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's alphabet city four or five broom on broom Panorama City is now wicked universe with how much traffic is backed up. Feels like no yellow brick road is coming this way because you do not want to be following.
Speaker 4: It's Spider Man and the Sky. It's Spider Man and Sky for love, Tanya.
Speaker 6: He's in the news.
Speaker 4: And it seems like we can update set ups. What else is new? That was like twelve years ago?
Speaker 5: But I'm Tanya. What the traffic is unbearable right now?
Speaker 7: Never with a car putt it's always with a talking pun I tell you what it's transisions.
Speaker 6: They're easier to do.
Speaker 3: A disgruntled driver is driving the wrong way on the two ten she's looking furiosa in theaters.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is a fun game, maybe a fun traffic reporters challenge.
Speaker 4: I love hashtag traffic reporters challenge.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, it's ash it's just a hashtag traffic reporters challenge.
Speaker 4: Shadow northbound side traffic reporters challenge.
Speaker 5: You're gonna have to do the traffic and then we're gonna give you a a brand that you have to promote midway through report.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a fun challenge. I have a pile up of ideas.
Speaker 5: Okay, your challenge is jolly green Giant green Beans.
Speaker 4: You said you had a pile up.
Speaker 2: We're up here in the sky above the one on one going southbound in height.
Speaker 1: What's the brand, Jolly green Giant.
Speaker 4: You are so to stumble at the beginning.
Speaker 2: We got a lot of pile up traffic here in Organ Bend, Organ. Yes, that's it's the land of green, speak of green. We have green giant green beans coming in down That looks like us. That looks like all of the trees that are piled up town next to the freeway. The freeway's flying. There is no traffic up here. Thanks God, I'm feeling jolly green bean back to you.
Speaker 4: Felt like you had a stroke in that way.
Speaker 3: What I propose is we do we all go around and give that a letter grade?
Speaker 4: What letter grade did I get?
Speaker 7: I would give it a bee. As a teacher who feels sad for their nervous.
Speaker 4: Students, I'll tell you it was really hard. I'm going to give you a bee as well.
Speaker 6: I'm going to give you an a.
Speaker 5: You said all the words, and my teacher persona is I don't really care too much.
Speaker 1: Okay, your turn, your turn, I want you to do it.
Speaker 4: Brand partnership, We transfer, we transfer. All right. Well, it's looking.
Speaker 3: Like a livestock truck has opened up on the Eye seventy north. There are livestock animals falling in and out of the highway. A bunch of pigs have been thrown to the side of the road, Horses are running into the traffic, and the local school has sent students out to try to help wrangle. Luckily, the live stock majors, the future farmers of America of this local college are helping to wrangle these animals. If you are interested in joining this school, it's not too late. Even if you're at another school. We transfer people over there all the time. We transfer as a great software back to you in the studio, lashed me saying.
Speaker 4: Holy grades, everybody.
Speaker 7: I will give it a C plus. It felt like you were promoting the high school more than the company.
Speaker 5: It really made me want to be a livestock major more than it made me think about file story.
Speaker 2: Amy so nervous that pigs were running around and kids were trying to get the pigs on a highway.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not much of an improviser. I'm more of a helicopter driver.
Speaker 1: Mister s soundboard man. Do Tangles the movie Tangles.
Speaker 3: The movie Tangles starring Milo Mannheim, the new one, the remake Milo.
Speaker 7: Mannheim, The movie Tangled starting Milo Manheim.
Speaker 4: Hi from I in the Sky. This is Trent B. Tray Beans with your traffic report up today. We are looking.
Speaker 7: Good, sunny blue skies down in the ocean side. Traffic is fine on the four oh five. But what's this on the five? Seems like cars have been caught in some sort of web. Post sign holding string has fallen into the carpool lane, closing it down, leaving some cars tangled up. Speaking of tangled up, Tangled comes out this Friday, featuring Milo Manaheim, Beautiful Star, beautiful boy, beautiful man. We hope to meet him someday.
Speaker 4: Back to you, squeak, I just queefed.
Speaker 6: I can't believe the mouse was okay with that.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe it.
Speaker 4: I would give that a C. Yeah, I would give that a B. Plots, big range. Can I think Mala's handsome?
Speaker 6: I give it an A.
Speaker 4: I like everything okay, last one year, but not least you'll be tying in Chili's Triple Dipper.
Speaker 6: Chili Jelly's Triple Dipper.
Speaker 5: Well, it looks like we have some congestion on the northbound four oh five heading up from Losienaga, and some uncongestion and down on the southbound four oh five.
Speaker 4: That's right on congestion.
Speaker 5: These cars are moving faster than you can ever believe, like a runny nose. These cars are going fast, fast, fast, hot, hot, hot, like you just ate a hot pepper.
Speaker 4: Speaking of hot peppers, here comes.
Speaker 5: Chili's Triple Deepper is back for a limited time at Chili's Restaurant. Chili's Restaurant, It's where you can eat food if you so want to, and I.
Speaker 4: Love to do Chili's restaurant slogan, if you want to.
Speaker 7: If you so want to, I say, I'll give it a I'll give it.
Speaker 4: It did feel more like a musing commercial at the beginning. It was about choking on your own spit real. I'll give you an A because you gave it.
Speaker 3: Say I will give you an A because the idea of uncongestion is the world I want to live in. Imagine if traffic could go faster. Imagine a perfect world where we can look out and go. They're going faster and working better together than we've ever seen.
Speaker 4: What can I say?
Speaker 5: I mean, this is controversial, this is maybe a traffic reporter's hot take.
Speaker 2: And I don't know another game hot takes, Hot takes, it's your new favorite segment.
Speaker 3: You can see these on TikTok. You can rarely hear them because the helicopter.
Speaker 5: Is so loud, so loud, and one day we're gonna crack that. One day we're gonna crack that traffic reporter hot takes.
Speaker 6: I brought this up because you had a hot take. I had a hot take.
Speaker 5: Oh, I have I have a I have a traffic reporter's hot take.
Speaker 4: Let's hear it.
Speaker 5: I if everybody in traffic just went a little faster, we wouldn't have traffic.
Speaker 2: Whoa whoa traffic reporter hot take? Traffic reporter, hot take? Why can't if I can zoom out and get above everything and see better?
Speaker 4: Why can't I do that with my wife? That's more of a traffic reporters hot joke.
Speaker 2: But I honestly, really, honestly just wish the way I approach traffic, which is just getting out ahead of it and looking at it from a from a distance, is what I wish I could do with conflict.
Speaker 3: Yes, traffic reporter, hot take, traffic refort a hot take, nice beautiful pancakes, more like traffics for hot cake.
Speaker 4: Whe's a canal? Hot take? Wow, these these were hetahs smell delicious? Oh sorry, more like a plate.
Speaker 5: Whoa a triple axle getting the gold medal?
Speaker 4: Apollo on?
Speaker 6: No lands it again? More like a traffic reporter hot skate.
Speaker 2: Oh well, because there's a lot of traffic on the southbound of that pottery barn. Because they're making things with their hands, it's trying to track. It's a traffic report. Hot make.
Speaker 4: They're making hot make. It's hot making.
Speaker 3: Spotted over on Ventura Boulevard. She's there without John and without her age. It's traffic reporter hot, Kate, okay, oh southbound southbound.
Speaker 2: We want rights for all, we want people to be treated equally. It is traffic reporter hot. No hate plus, I can't remember what.
Speaker 4: It was no hate with eight.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 5: We don't want them to It was confusing then and it's confusing now.
Speaker 7: You reply that there was no hate in the proposition of there's no hate on the old proper.
Speaker 4: Stop hating on Prop eight, which was the law about gay marriage. Yes, yes, it was very niche references. I have a question for all of you.
Speaker 3: I think one of the most exciting moments of all of our careers is when we get enlisted. So they say, into following a high speed chase.
Speaker 4: I was going to bring up the same thing.
Speaker 7: How hard do we get when a car has been taken in a sprinting away from something?
Speaker 4: Where were you when the juice was loose? I was out there? What I was on the highway.
Speaker 3: I was following the Bronco and I said, cut to me, cut to me, cut to me. Turns out I was following the wrong Bronco. There was just a woman going to the mall. She was in SeeMe Valley and they kept cutting to me and I said, oh, oh, the juice. It looks like the juice is stopping at an air Juan. And it turns out that I made a big mistake that day.
Speaker 4: That's horrifyed.
Speaker 3: For a good few minutes, I thought I had the footage.
Speaker 6: That must have freaked her the heck out.
Speaker 4: It was scary. It was scary for her.
Speaker 2: I thought I had the Bronco too. I went cut to me, cut to me, cut to me, They cut to me. I was looking at the Bronco on my phone on a live stream.
Speaker 7: Wow, there's air one in phones carrying Oh Jay's runaway.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it was a crazy time.
Speaker 5: Time is a flat circle. And uh, that's just the end of that.
Speaker 4: Thank you. But your first car Chase, I think it's really important to talk about it.
Speaker 6: Car Chase.
Speaker 5: Well, I know when my first car chase, I I called everyone in my family and I said, turn on the TV.
Speaker 6: I'm about to be going big. And it was so exhilarating.
Speaker 5: But then over the course of time, you know, people get sick of it and they're like, all right, well, I'll catch the next one.
Speaker 4: I'll catch the next one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, nothing is worse for me personally. When our eye and this guy loses the car for a little bit. One of the most devastating feelings in the world. That camera is panning around desperately to find that car.
Speaker 5: Don't you hate it when the eye on the sky gets a little hungry and he starts tilting the camera toor nearby restaurant is very clear.
Speaker 4: The traffic at this burger can. He's going.
Speaker 2: My eye in this guy always wants to race with the car, so sometimes we'll beat the car and then lose the car.
Speaker 3: My eye in the sky always catches the eye of another helicopter and tries to show off and flirt with them. He puts on a big helicopter fedora, and she tries to ask what their age is.
Speaker 1: Does the helicopter put on a fedora?
Speaker 3: The helicopter wears a giant fledora on top.
Speaker 4: Of the helicopter stays on.
Speaker 3: You don't understand. The fedora goes around the entirety of the blades. So the that's spitting really fast.
Speaker 4: Do you lose velocity with how high you're going?
Speaker 3: We certainly do. And it's scary, I say take off the hat.
Speaker 4: We're here to work.
Speaker 7: Stop trying to hit on that police helicopter. You could say it has a wondering eye.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Do you ever get pulled over by the police helicopter while you're in the sky and then you gotta just sit there exchanging information?
Speaker 3: Have you ever had to do a mid air do you having to recite the make the helicopter recite the alphabet backwards?
Speaker 2: I've never seen a breathalyzer go down on a stick all the way to the ground, him all the way back.
Speaker 6: Up on the rope trying to put one foot in front of the e.
Speaker 4: But you have to hangle on segment. Traffic report.
Speaker 2: Never have im or put a finger down if you have all right, traver report. Never have I ever been in traffic up in the sky. I've never gotten behind a plane.
Speaker 6: I have I have done that traffic report.
Speaker 4: Never have I ever?
Speaker 5: Never have I ever accidentally dropped an f ball on the broadcast?
Speaker 4: Well fuck you, that's what I do accidentally every time.
Speaker 3: Never have I ever thought I was driving the helicopter but accidentally was in a bathtub.
Speaker 2: I can't say I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying I've never done that. Dr Bard.
Speaker 7: Never have I ever, never ever thought I was reporting on traffic turns out to be a bunch of rocks.
Speaker 4: Never I have ever done that. I have done that. I have accidentally been looking at a mountain.
Speaker 2: I have done that is never have I ever gotten on the gotten in the copter with no shoes and.
Speaker 4: This whole report coming back live from you for laud can.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's fun to let those piggies hangb.
Speaker 4: I ever.
Speaker 5: Had my broth fall off while I'm doing the traffic report.
Speaker 4: That has happened to me us me and I've done that.
Speaker 2: I never have I ever asked the asked the pilot to swing by my house so I could see if a package I ordered it was outside my door.
Speaker 4: I have done.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 7: It was a countertop Me and my wife were trying to replace our countertop.
Speaker 4: Was worried about people stealing it. More in it. More about that five minutes that people are gonna come steal your countertop.
Speaker 5: More on that in five What a terrible thing to steal if you're a burger, My god, how do you even begin.
Speaker 4: To resell that that?
Speaker 2: How do you take so much easier to get like technology or maybe designer.
Speaker 7: Jeens yeah, well sorry, I just say getting a report horse has.
Speaker 4: Found a gun in his Librea.
Speaker 6: Oh, I am getting this report.
Speaker 5: It seems the horse with a gun has galloped from the Librea Santa Monica intersection all the way down to Lobrea and Olympic, where he has found another horse with a different gun, a bigger gun on this horse.
Speaker 6: And they are squaring up to do a horse duel.
Speaker 2: I'm just getting in now that both wives of each horse with a gun are going straight up Santa Monica Boulevard in order to calm down their hasty steves.
Speaker 4: This just in on Martel. Three cows with machetes.
Speaker 3: We're keeping an eye on this, but it looks like the cows and the horses are currently unrelated.
Speaker 4: This justin on Montana.
Speaker 2: Awaimo has lost Wi Fi signal and has stopped in the middle of the road.
Speaker 7: And I'm hearing if you want to take Fountain, it's a no go. A Honda Fit has crashed into a strong woman who his child is stuck under the vehicle and she is proceeding to lift the Honda fit.
Speaker 4: Pretty easily bad news if.
Speaker 5: You're taking Sunset. If you can't get on Fountain of Waimos starting a Weaymo flash mob and is proposing to a cocoa bot.
Speaker 6: Now, who knows why.
Speaker 5: These waymos had the time to learn this choreography, But a lot of business people look stuck in the passenger seat and one of.
Speaker 4: Those Weymo proms, that's my favorite ever. Go to Rock Mirror.
Speaker 2: It's just reporting live take Vine instead because there's the premiere of Captain Marvel at the l Capitag.
Speaker 3: This just in Vine is backed up all the way to Outlook Drive because of a brand new pop up event.
Speaker 4: Fat sALS is introducing a new sandwich called the.
Speaker 3: Big Old Seafood Piece of Shit Man, and you need to get it now. Turtle from Entourage is there and he's giving free console ectomies.
Speaker 4: And if you're thinking about taking Melrose, I wouldn't.
Speaker 7: The road has lifted up and become a hot wheels loop, so I avoided Melrose unless you want to try something crazy in your Newdean Altama.
Speaker 2: Today is a voting Tuesday, so make sure you drive by all those ballad spots because the drive bys are going big.
Speaker 4: White drive bys are going big.
Speaker 6: Why drive guys are going big?
Speaker 7: Speaking of drive bys going big, wide, five guys as the new big white burger. You can find it. Five Guys is just as their big white burger, blocking the cowinga.
Speaker 4: In a pass. This justin.
Speaker 3: If you like five Guys, you're gonna love Wise Guys, the immersive restaurant experience where you can feel like a gangster.
Speaker 4: And this justin.
Speaker 5: If you like wise guys, you're gonna love two and a half Men airing in thirty minutes.
Speaker 6: On KKEL nine. Two and a half Men. That's just the way Charlie Sheen does it.
Speaker 7: Another great new catchphrase slogan for they run Wait.
Speaker 6: Well, guys, I think we learned a lot today.
Speaker 2: I'd say for any young traffic reporters out there, I'd tell you to keep going.
Speaker 4: Don't worry when there's a pile up ahead of you. Just keep moving and get your license. If it feels slow, you'll just have to wait it out.
Speaker 7: Because traffic always comes to a grinding standstill and then.
Speaker 4: It starts moving again.
Speaker 3: As long as there are humans making mistakes, we will need humans telling other people how to avoid those mistakes.
Speaker 5: And if you're a traffic reporter, for the love of God, never stop talking. Everything is a run on sentence, and if you think you've reached the end, just keep on going.
Speaker 1: Like you heard here today.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you won't know what you're saying or where you're going with what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Can keep driving forward and never land that cop to.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter what you're saying, don't think about what you're saying.
Speaker 3: If you keep going, you're going to find the gem that hides at the bottom of the well.
Speaker 5: Oh shoot, I just got an Amber alert on my phone.
Speaker 4: I'm missing congratulations on the gig Amber alert. Heard it.
Speaker 7: I said, we're gonna start using that. We think it's a genius. We're gonna start using that.
Speaker 4: We'll take that so much.
Speaker 1: Big congrats to you, my friend.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much. Live from this podcast. This has been the traffic report, coming in live. I hope your drive home is sweet as all heck. And always remember where those seatbelts squeak and buckle up those kids.
Speaker 2: Mommy, Mommy, come in live from kind of downtown.
Speaker 4: It's the Dynasty typewriter reporting here live. This just sin. This has been nist Artists on artists, anari answering. Now that is why they call it good.
Speaker 5: Night, good night from the Beautiful dynasty type writer.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I'm gonna be able to stop.
Speaker 4: I know, join our Patreon. We have to talk about this. Bye Beanie, look at his beanie. Yea, by this Panie, by this march, by it Bye.
Speaker 8: Artists on Artists On Artists on Artists is an improvised Hollywood roundtable podcast created, performed, and produced by Kylie Braakman, Jeremy Colhanne, Angela Giaratana, and Patrick McDonald's music is by Gabrielle Ponton.
Speaker 4: The opinions expressed on this.
Speaker 3: Podcast do not reflect the opinions of anyone who works on it, not even the performers, because this is an improvised podcast and we're stupid.
Speaker 4: All video versions of aoao ao A are available.
Speaker 8: On YouTube, so please like and subscribe and leave us a five star review wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: Good night, Hollywood, oh