Speaker 1: And That's what you Really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and That's what you Really miss podcast Q and A edition.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, let's get into it because we've done a lot of these, so people are having to reach deep and the questions are getting much more creative in depth, and I like it.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of them. You guys, you're the best.
Speaker 2: Let's start so Gleek of the Week pod said, kind of a messy question. What is one question you're tired of answering?
Speaker 1: I get a lot of this. What character would you want to play other than yourself? Did you get a lot of muscles from pushing yourself around in a wheelchair? Did you ever move your legs? Was it hard not to move your legs? Did you what was your favorite song you ever sang on Glee? Hmm? Yeah, the song too is fun.
Speaker 2: What's the song of glue was on today? That you wish you could do anything?
Speaker 1: Dealers?
Speaker 2: No, that's the that's the question that I'm Oh, that's the question.
Speaker 1: I love that one because my answer is okay, I thought that was one of the questions. Okay, this is a good one. Okay, do you think the chaos is what made gleekally or would the show be better with more prep time. This is a really good question.
Speaker 2: It's like a chicken or the egg. That's a good question.
Speaker 1: I think it's one to make glek. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they're one of the same. Yeah, because it is what it is, and how it was made was how it was made. There's no separating it. And I also think through the chaos, yeah, I think maybe you did need some of that chaos because I think it brought us all really close to one another and made being on set feel a certain way, in a good way. And I feel like you feel that chemistry you knew.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you think Glee should have ended at season three? Because sometimes I think it should have.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you after I see season four. So I also asked, are you dreading watching season four? No, because I had the best time in season four. That's the thing. This was the start of the Fab four, which I'm revealing now. We call ourselves a Fab four. That guy Jacob Kevin and I we hung out a lot and we had the best time. We had the best time with everybody, though Vanessa Lenji's I like to know him a list of a noise like. He was such a good crew, and I remember having such a fun time. It was it was absolute chaos on the outside and the storylines were absolutely unhinged, but I had such a good time. Yeah, the energy of how we felt doing it didn't go away. Court Darren, like everybody, it was the heather.
Speaker 2: It was so good. It all very much didn't feel any different. I think the show looks different, you know, with the storylines and everything, but I think we all enjoyed it just as much. So I'm excited to see it. Yes, I'm excited to see season five and season six. I don't know how it was it going to be. But speaking of someone said, what was season six like? In season six? Because we were not in every single episode, it's very different.
Speaker 1: Barely saw it was.
Speaker 2: Sort of like the end of our normal relationship to the show. Definitely feels like it different.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Kevin, And so ideally, what kind of acting role would you choose next movie? Musical? Wacky, sitcom? What?
Speaker 2: I would love a sitcom?
Speaker 1: Comedy.
Speaker 2: I would love to do a sitcom. Same, that's where I feel at home. I love it same. Also, put yeah, put me on a half hour. But I also I'm like a sci fi nerd, so I would love to be in some sci fi.
Speaker 1: Things, would you really?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, are you kidding me? Is like my favorite movie? So you put me in like a talkie sci fi movie. Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Oh I get it.
Speaker 2: That's all I want.
Speaker 1: Do you guys ever get second hand embarrassment the show? Yes, a little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't, Oh wow, because I think it's of the time.
Speaker 1: Good for you, Kevin, but it is what it is. I love that for you.
Speaker 2: It's like we can't do anything about it. We were just doing our job.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was half doing my job. Sometimes. I think that's when I get embarrassed is when I was like, oh, she was really phoning it in that day.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair? Yes, Sometimes like and I talked about it as some scenes are like, oh I really didn't she was. But we learned and we're growing. Someone said, not a question, but justice for Tina. She's my queen Crass. That is a correct statement.
Speaker 1: In season four, Rachel and Kirk go to New York. So how often did you see Leia and Chris while filming the season? Not off ever, not often at all.
Speaker 2: The bad part about postseason three was, yes, we had all these great new people that we were really close with and got along with really really well, but our only way to like hang out and stay in touch with people was at work, and so we just never saw them m because our schedules were opposite, Like we couldn't hang out ever, even outside of work, because if they weren't working, we were, and if we were working, they weren't. So there was no way to have any sort of crossover. Have you ever had any weird Glee related dreams?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, for suns, more of like being on set, not like in character about the characters, much more like being on set and doing something. What about you?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, never in character?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, not in character.
Speaker 2: Someone said I think that season three it was two crowded, too many characters plots. I know, it's even crazier. Yeah, I think it's actually for as crazy as Glee gets, I don't think it grows. I think you feel sort of growing pain sometimes in season two where they introduce, you know, we have like and even in the back hap of season one where we introduce some of the bigger episodes and those feel a little crazy. But I think we've maintained this level of characters and plot storyline, so I feel like it works here.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, no, totally totally.
Speaker 2: Did you ever make out with anyone from the cast not on screen?
Speaker 1: And who Kevin Jenna platonic? Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I make out with all my friends, that's just Vin does.
Speaker 1: I don't make out with all my friends, but I make out with a lot of my friends.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about it the other day, thinking, like we just used to do that all the time.
Speaker 1: We did. We were just so close. It didn't mean anything because we're just so close, like we may as well have been like literally one body. Like it didn't matter really truly, there was like I didn't see anything wrong with it. We knew how the media would take it, but like we didn't see like there was nothing.
Speaker 2: I had a flashback to two of the sound crew, Patrick and Mitchell would throw this party every year and it was so good, like a house party, rager. They would have a food truck out in the valley somewhere and they'd have karaoke and I just have flash friends of like I would be making out with everybody, just whoever was around for real. Oh yeah, like friends, funny that I would have come in like any of Jenny, like we would. That's what we were like. We were just.
Speaker 1: Did any of you ever throw up during rehearsals? Okay, so Amber did, and then also all of us did during Hello Goodbye? We all know a stomach bug and people were running off the sides of the stage in the middle of numbers to throw up. I'll never forget it, like big trash cans, big gards, rag like industrial size, and people would just feel like no, wretching.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it was so bad you could literally okay, moving on this imaginary cloud of plague spreading out across like people were just getting got.
Speaker 1: Well. If one person got sick.
Speaker 2: I was lower physically because I was sitting that I was not in the same atmosphere as the rest of you, and I would like wheel myself to the side of the stage to get away from all you sick people.
Speaker 1: Well, you were the one who would most likely get sick. That's why favorite Glee filming locations.
Speaker 2: This is fun anything. The auditorium in the choir room really like Figgin's office, Jane's office, Yes, oh, Emma's office. Those are really fun. Yes, I did.
Speaker 1: I don't think I was shot in so much fun.
Speaker 2: I think you ended up in office a lot.
Speaker 1: I also hung out and figure yeah, and then I would also hang out in Figan's office a lot and sleep on his couch like in between scenes.
Speaker 2: I liked being in the auditorium.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, I didn't mind the ritorium as much, but the choir room was definitely the pressure.
Speaker 2: I think there. We spent so much time in there, and it was so hot under those lights. The auditorium stage was freezing and always cold, but there was so much room to spread out. You could go sit in those seats in the audience just have your quiet time. It was really nice. I really liked it so and said, do you think the show is ending after season three? I think we knew it wasn't, so it feels like it though watching it, it does feel like it could come to a natural conclusion.
Speaker 1: No, we knew it wasn't.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite scene from the season. I seemed tongue tied, to be honest.
Speaker 1: I'm also thinking about Hold On to sixteen. I'm like the new scenes from that one. Maybe it's just because we just watched it, but I think, yeah, you're right, there were some beautiful Britanna things earlier in the season was really good too. Oh.
Speaker 2: Also there's a couple curtain Bert scenes too that break my heart. Oh why did we not have an email episode titled Gleimo?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: We should have?
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: We absolutely should have.
Speaker 1: Oh I wish we'd have done that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why have we?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like Tina's dream exactly. She would have had that whole episode, but she wouldn't have That's the ironic part.
Speaker 2: I think it was something that Ema would not enter.
Speaker 1: Right Ryan mind Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: That's so far mood from Ryan.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a big one that has a response. It's a full page. It looks like a story on Instagram. So I've been waiting for this moment. During Nationals, Tina and Quinn perform with the Troubletones, Right, so why didn't some of the extra trouble Tones fill in during Paradise by the dashboard lights. I know it's a show, but imagine seeing a school performing their last number wondering why some of the boys didn't have partners when a whole bunch of girls just performed. They're all from the same school. That is always bug I agree.
Speaker 2: I also felt weird, Like watching Edge of Glory is like we never addressed these people. They just show up. And the Green clubs don't just have like extra people in there to dance. Everybody has to sing. And if they were singing, why aren't we talking about them? And it was always such a struggle to get to and fro competitions. But yet we're paying for all these unnamed characters to show up for the Troubletones, it's true, and then you don't put them in all the numbers. Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 1: Agreed, No, agreed, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Some such a they've made already gay. I mean personally, that would have been very fun. I would have enjoyed that. But I mean not every characterically can be gay.
Speaker 1: That's right. We couldn't have.
Speaker 2: That, but we could, we could.
Speaker 1: I would have liked that we should or maybe just.
Speaker 2: An experimental phase. You know, are you scared to watch season four because I would be yes.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I guess so now that everybody's like making me rethink this, Like my experience is good, but like the storylines, you're crazy. I also wonder if, like the New Class, it's like watching Saved by the Bow with the new class like it's it's it's hard to attach, like it takes a second, like warm up, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And I don't know if we'll be able to separate that because I think we'll inherently be biased. So she knew everything. We had this personal relationships with these people. Kevin, how is Yielton John? Party with Chris and Amber? Was it the most fun ever? It was very fun. It's been two years in a row now that unplanned, we've all shown up at the same thing.
Speaker 1: Did you guys just hang out together?
Speaker 2: The first people I saw when I walked in were Will and Chris and Love. Then Chris is like, I told his bartender that when Amber gets here, we're all going to take a shot with him. I was like, Amber's coming again, and he's like yeah. So then I found Amber like an hour later, and then she and Chris couldn't find each other and I kept running into both of them separately. So then I spent like forty five minutes running around this party trying to put us all together, and I finally did. Yeah, it was very much is such one. It's an incredible event Elton John does every year. It raises tons of money for his AIDS foundation. It raised eleven million dollars this year. Yeah, the whole viewing party that Chris has gone to every single year, and you pay for seats and then all goes to the charity and they have this big auction. So and then there's an after party and you just see everyone, like I saw all my I saw Sophia Bush, and I saw Bobby from Queer Eye. I've never met in person before. We're like internet friends, but it's just good good, like Jules Huff, Oh my god, I got to meet Chandela and Sasha Colby shut up and I lost my mind because I walked past Sasha Colby and she's like hey, I'm like, uh hie. It's so nice and normal and like she's the Beyonce drag Queens. She's drag Queen's favorite drag queen, right.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: She's so beautiful and sweet, like radiating like this positive energy. And I think she's she thinks she's met me before, but we have not met. And take it and I rented her several times shot the night and we just sit and chat. She's so nice. And then I see Channgela and we walked towards each other and she goes, Kevin, now I know your name? Lost it, Jenna, do you know my name?
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: It's a great party. It's I it's very drunk. We were off. Chris and Amber are on a different level.
Speaker 1: Take it down.
Speaker 2: I cannot keep up with them because Amber gets there and she just starts ordering shots.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, No, I can't do shots.
Speaker 2: They were handing out these mini bottles of Don Julio, and so then we just like took a bunch of them and we were monsters. Amber got Then we went to a gay club. Amber god is into the gay club, of course, and I was like, I got to go. Oh, I can't hang with that anymore, Jenna. Next year, No, I can't hang like that. I actually would be on the floor by nine o'clock. It would be really special, Jenna.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, I'll go for you. Guys can't be there together shots for me.
Speaker 2: It's fine, but it's you know, like it takes a lot to convince me to go out to a party and like one that is seeming like.
Speaker 1: No, it's a good one. It's a good one.
Speaker 2: It's a great friend, a real friends, like all these people that you like and and it's for a great cause.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like, there's a lot of parties and let you go to and there's a lot of terrible people, Chris, and I only encountered that once at this party, and that's saying so I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I have a question. When Kitty is introduced next season? Please can we bring back on? Of course we will, absolutely kidding, she has no choice, no choice. We will forge them, all of them. How is it being friends with Chris Colfer? Wonderful? He's great, He's so talented. Someone were in caps. Are you sure you really want to watch season five?
Speaker 2: You guys, this is the opposite of what happened last year. Scared Everyone was saying season three is the best, and we're so excited. Now everyone's warning us about four and five and we already know, we already.
Speaker 1: We already know. But I don't think I knew this the extent to which this is. Okay, there's another one. This is a positive one. Remember when Anne Hathaway was supposed to be Hurts and what happened there?
Speaker 2: I wonder how real that was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know Ryan, you know, he says stuff and then it depress takes it and it runs with it, and I wonder either I would.
Speaker 2: Love someone asks why did Ryan Murphy hate Diana and why did he make it so obvious in her storylines. I don't think he hated Diana.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't hate Anna.
Speaker 2: No he didn't. Not to speak for anyone, But my impression was that there was no hatred there, right, No, totally. I think Quinn really just really just got it from all sides there, didn't she.
Speaker 1: She had it, she had a rough go. She had a rough go.
Speaker 2: If Glee cast headlined Coachella, what would be on the set list? I mean, I really think our tour setup was a really good structure. I think opening but Don't Stop Believing is really.
Speaker 1: Great solid adding some season three, like we need some season three and.
Speaker 2: It's Coachella, So I think you also have to like know your audience.
Speaker 1: Right, we got to like pump up the crowd. We gotta like, yeah, I guess we gotta do not what was it? What's the Darren song? I'm not going to tell my teacher how to dance with you? Is that it? Yes? Yeah?
Speaker 2: He also would have to do Summer Only we.
Speaker 1: Know totally and Syrah and we could do love song. We could do. There's a lot of season three. Maybe that's another episode. Yeah, we'd have to open with own Stop, we'd have to close with Somebody and the Love. I think the tour really did it. Yeah, I think that's our Coachella. What do you think you'd think of the show if you watched it in high school? I would have loved this show. I would have loved this show. Well, what about you, Kevin? I feel like you would have liked to have a little music aspect of it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I was always such a critical bitch that I think I would have overly analyzed it in a way that's not right. I think I really would have loved Curtain Blaine because I was always so desperate for, like any gay teen storylines. I think I really would have loved that. And I really would have loved Santana and Brittany.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think if I could get over myself, I would have really liked it.
Speaker 1: Maybe here's one of my guests for you. You may not have watched it while it was at its peak, but you would have watched it after. Probably tend what I tend to do now If I'm not like super into it. If it's not like obvious that I would love this show, I'll like let the hypewind don and then go back and revisit it.
Speaker 2: That makes sense. Yeah, what part of filming of the filming process did you like the least?
Speaker 1: The waiting around?
Speaker 2: Yeah, actual filming was great. Recording was great, Dancer Versus was great. The actual work of it was great. It was sort of the.
Speaker 1: Slower parts of it that were like you get there and you don't work for You're like, but then we got to hang out, which was kind of fun when when it was like everybody if it was just you and somebody else in the scene and you're like waiting for the next the scene before to get done, and you're like, why am I here? I could be doing a thousand other things. There's like that's kind of the vibe. What was your first on screen kiss? Like it was with Kevin and it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank god it was with one another.
Speaker 1: No, it would have been so weird.
Speaker 2: That was also my first on screen kiss.
Speaker 1: I think it would mind too. Oh my god, we were virgins.
Speaker 2: Were but like, I was so thankful because you grow up seeing interviews with actors being like how awkward intimate scenes are Yeah, it was like, oh, we've already been kissing.
Speaker 1: I mean especially like for Disney Kids too, where like their first kiss was their real first kiss, like they're on our first on screen kiss that just like and we were in our twenties, like it was fine. Yeah, thank god it was not a real first kiss. Okay, Well that is our Q and A for season. That's ereat. Thank you for joining us, and thank you for writing and all your awesome questions. There's so many that we didn't get to and hopefully we'll get to the next time. I'm so sorry if we didn't get to yours. Thank you for writing in. We love you guys.
Speaker 2: Thanks for spending the time. These are great and thoughtful questions. I've already saved a couple because they're general related and I'm going to grill her next time. So thanks for coming. That's really miss Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.