Speaker 1: I'm a homegrow that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You don't know if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren came in. Hey, y'all, what's up.
Speaker 1: It's Lauren de Rosa and this is the latest with Lauren de Rosa. This is your daily dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news and all of the conversations that shake the room.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: Now, speaking of rooms, we just got back from La While it was an amazing time. I told you guys that I was headed there for the Ebony Power one hundred Gala. I was honored to be amongst so many amazing entertainers and creators and philanthropists and entrepreneurs and just all of the things. It was an amazing night, an amazing last couple of days in la as we prepared, celebrated, and then actually attended the Ebony Power one hundred Gala.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to take you guys into the room with me.
Speaker 1: Speaking of rooms, wanted to take you guys into the room with me at the Power one hundred Gala.
Speaker 2: We're going to start on the red carpet.
Speaker 1: So I arrived at the gala and I was slated to walk the red carpet and doing so y'all know me, it's hard to not keep up with the latest.
Speaker 2: Bring you guys the latest.
Speaker 1: So as I am walking the carpet, I, you know, just noticed opportunity to speak to some people in the carpet get some interviews.
Speaker 2: The theme of.
Speaker 1: This year's Ebony Power one hundred gala. They were celebrating the fact that Ebanie has been honoring heroes and legacy for eighty years.
Speaker 2: And when I tell y'all, the room was amazing.
Speaker 1: I mean Emon, you know, supermodel Emon received an Icon Award, and she's.
Speaker 2: Always been an inspiration to me.
Speaker 1: I started out in modeling, so to hear her speak on her journey and just some of the barriers and different things she had to breakthrough, that was amazing. The cast of girlfriends, I ran into them on the carpet and had a moment with them.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: I was standing in literally the girlfriend's cast united around me, not because of me or anything like that, but literally physically, like I'm standing there and it just happened. I felt I felt like I've never felt like I was minus people's business any worse.
Speaker 2: Than this moment. But it was such an amazing moment. Let's take a listen to the cast of girlfriends.
Speaker 1: Alrighty guys, so you gotta introduce yourselves.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let y'll do it, y'allselves and say hello to the Breakfast Club listeners live from Ebony Power one hundred tomorrow morning. I'm gonna be live and they don't want to know how my experience was, and I want you got to tell them what you guys.
Speaker 2: Have seen, saw and heard thus far.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm going' brugs and you're here. I'm here with Ebony one hundred and so far. Well, I'm gonna let my girlfriends on each side of me tell you first.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm Jill Marie Jones.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited to be here in ebone. I mean, we were talking about it earlier, Golden and myself about just how just impactful the Ebney magazine was growing up, seeing the beautiful melanated beauties on the covers as we were growing up, and we're just so excited to be here also too, to celebrate Tracy Ellis Ross, our sister.
Speaker 2: So we're just having a great.
Speaker 3: Time we are and for us to come together as girlfriends, it's always a treat and we just feel like we're continuing to empower and I've left just like Ebany.
Speaker 5: It's absolutely stunning here look at all these gorgeous people. I mean, I'm pretty white from girlfriend's aka Lia and you know how respirited I am, so I am just feeling all the love. I'm feeling too much love.
Speaker 1: Can you guys talk to me about the impact of black magazines and like black media for the time when you guys were the girlfriends, Like how they empowered you guys and.
Speaker 2: Kind of uplifted what you guys were doing.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, during the time of girlfriends, they're ah, my girlfriend, Yeah, I want you, I want to do it, holds you, I need a mob.
Speaker 2: I'm all of y'all business. I'm being an audio for my love.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, okay, I gon be only y'all business. But that's as say, okay, all right, I'm gon let yall go say yeah, got got moment then y'all yeah.
Speaker 1: And as you hear the audio get a little crazy and all the screams and the laughter, that's because Miss Tracy Ellis Ross joined the other three ladies on the carpet.
Speaker 2: It was their first time seeing each other. For the evening.
Speaker 1: They were there to honor and to present Tracy Ellis Ross with the path Breaker Award. She gave an amazing acceptance speech. Let's take a listen to the full speech. I know I talked about this a bit today on the Breakfast Club, but they didn't have the full speech. You guys do, because this is the ladies who learna Rosa the podcast.
Speaker 2: I say a listen.
Speaker 7: So at first, I just want to say I'm prefaced by saying that I wish this is such a great room.
Speaker 6: It is so lovely to be in here with all of you guys.
Speaker 7: I have to run when I get off stage to take a red eye, which I should say should be illegal for anyone over twenty two.
Speaker 6: I'm begrudgingly leaving.
Speaker 7: But okay, Golden, Jill and Persia, thank you, sir. Thank you for your hilarity, your brilliance, for what we built together, who we have been together, how we.
Speaker 6: Show up for each other after all these years, and I just love you so much. Also, could they be any hotter? Okay?
Speaker 7: So all right. This year marks the twenty fifth anniversary of Girlfriends by the way one hundred and seventy two episodes of television that I am so proud of, proud of what we did.
Speaker 6: I won't be made together and that has still had an impact. Thank you, Ebany. It's so crazy with all the dishes planking, isn't it. Are you guys with me though?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 7: So thank you Ebany for celebrating our stories and for naming me as Halthbreaker.
Speaker 6: Halthbreaker huh okay.
Speaker 7: Well, it started with Girlfriends. Joan and Carol Clayton put me on the map. Then I did some stuff, but mostly I've feared that maybe I had already peaked because the pearly gates of Hollywood did not open after Girlfriends the way.
Speaker 6: That I had hoped.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then King Blackish, And after eight years of playing a single lawyer.
Speaker 6: Obsessed with being chosen.
Speaker 7: And having children as Joan, I spent another eight years playing a married doctor who literally would not stop having kids as Bou. What I loved about Bo was that her value was anchored in the fullness of her life, as opposed to just being a prop in her husband's world.
Speaker 6: Sixteen years of being a lead actress.
Speaker 7: On primetime TV archived within Girlfriends and Blackish kind of takes my breath away, especially because I'm only twenty two and while all this was happening, I spent a decade building Pattern Beauty.
Speaker 6: As founder, CEO.
Speaker 7: And owner, I have intentionally built a company which in which all decisions celebrate the joy.
Speaker 6: And the diversity of black beauty. We are a company run by incredible.
Speaker 7: Black women, and after six years on shelves, we have grown into a global, multi hundred million dollar premium beauty dram forty seven employees, eleven retail partners, over sixty products in hair and now body. Earlier this year, I launched solo Traveling with Racy Ellis Ross on the Roku channel, and I was I need to find how deeply it resonated with people like Pattern. This show was my way of filling a gap in how we see ourselves in the world.
Speaker 6: The show is an.
Speaker 7: Invitation to experience your life fully on your own terms, and to choose yourself.
Speaker 6: Again and again and again.
Speaker 7: I tell you all of this to say that don't I tell you all of this to say, please, do not.
Speaker 6: Wait for something or someone in order to experience all that's possible for your life. Dream big and intentionally and work hard to make those dreams come true.
Speaker 7: And even when they don't go as you had planned or hoped or wished or as the world had prescribed to you, choose to live joyfully.
Speaker 1: This is my life philosophy another you know, great of the evening. I love watching Tiana Taylor and everything that she's been able to evolve into and do on her own. Her story is amazing. I feel like we've grown up with her. We've watched her fight silent loud battles and man how she come out on top. There is oscar conversation around Tianna Taylor for her role in one battle in another that is amazing. Think about you know a few years ago when Tiana Taylor said, look, I am under so much pressure, I am not appreciated. Things are just not what they need to be. I'm taking a break from this industry. And she went and she created the Aunties, which is her production company, and you know, just really got into her bag. And look where she is now. She's been running around doing a bunch of different press with her cast from All Things Fair, Kim Kardashi and Nisi Nash An amazing stellar cast, but took the time, and she said on the stage, y'all, I gotta go to class after this.
Speaker 2: You know she's acted.
Speaker 1: She's doing so many different things, so she is working her ass off and it's paying off. Let's take a listen to Tiana except her Entertainer of the Year award.
Speaker 9: I have to do it for my phone because I can't see the telecopters too far, so I'm gonna do it for my phone.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. I have class after this, you guys, so I have to go. I gotta be queer Taraji.
Speaker 9: I love you system, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you.
Speaker 10: And thank you for over being interviewed and build with solvers, brothers and.
Speaker 6: First Thatsalonians five eighteen scenes.
Speaker 10: Give things in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you.
Speaker 6: And christ Users. And that one has different for me.
Speaker 10: Tonight because God, he is the author and he is the mediator, the one who wrote my story before I even knew i'd be standing here tonight.
Speaker 9: Father God, that name of Jesus, you gave me the strength when I was tired.
Speaker 6: You gave me the strength when I was scared.
Speaker 10: You gave me the ability to check myself when I dial with myself and through all.
Speaker 6: You gave me victorious more than a conqueror.
Speaker 9: Thank you for consistently showing me that your love don't come with conditions. Thank you for covering me and every form that I've come to you. And thank you for placing the right people around me, the perfect energy, the perfect village, my babies, my parents, my man, my ages at w and me, my reps that leave my labeled death jam and all my family and friends that I love and respect so much.
Speaker 6: Thank you for loving me the way you do. Thank you for holding me down. I don't take it like me and I don't take it for.
Speaker 2: God in the.
Speaker 9: Name of Jesus, gets all the glory and y'all tonight, get all my love.
Speaker 6: Thank you Ebony for the amazing honor. I'm so honored to be here. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Man. Just an amazing night.
Speaker 1: Okay, Like I I've never attended an award show where I didn't feel like I'm just so blessed to be amongst this company. Ebony Power one hundred was no less than that. You look to your left, you look to your right. Some of the biggest names in entertainment just black people looking good feeling good everywhere you turned. I'm just honored to be amongst you know, everyone who made the list. Shout out to everybody who made the list. I had also a chance to sit with us Scott Evans, who does House Guests, which is a show that I love to watch.
Speaker 2: It's an interview series.
Speaker 1: It's a feel good interview series, like he gets into the things with the guests, but it just makes you feel good watching. It's very fun to watch as well. He was actually see it at my table, so me and him got to do a little cheers and a toast because both of us were uh listed on the Ebony Power one hundred list as media mavens. So that was amazing as well too, and I got some carpet time in as well. Thank you guys for tuning in as always, you guys could be anywhere with anybody talking about all these things. I'm seeing so many different outlets cover the Ebity Power one hundred. Make sure you guys check out any of all covers that you can. I also have exclusive videos that I'll be posting to my social media as well, including some of the moments that you guys just heard about here, So check me out I'm Lauren the Rosa Everywhere or brown Girl. Grinding is the platform. I'll see you guys in my next episode.