Speaker 1: Second date up date? Are you guys up to mission impossible? With me and a listener? Today?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I know, I'm into it. What are you gonna do? Are you gonna hang from a ceiling? Or are you gonna jump out of a play?
Speaker 1: Her name is Sasha, and if this call doesn't go well, we might have to wear dark outfits and black hats. Yes, Brook, do you have any peanut butter you want to smear all over your face?
Speaker 2: I also I probably have some on my face for my breakfast. Still this morning, I usually do a peanut butter and still because.
Speaker 1: We do, we might need a camo and go covert here. But yes, because we could be on a reconnaissance mission today. That all started with the first date, which ended up at a guy's place the girl. So we're gonna find out. First. Let's welcome Sasha to the show. Sasha, how you doing?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 4: I'm better now that I'm talking to somebody about this.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 3: I imagine you were like hiding somewhere in his house like I need you, I have skip you ready, let's go.
Speaker 1: We're ready for action. So start at the beginning. Sasha, tell us what happened with this guy.
Speaker 4: Okay, I met this guy named Marcus online.
Speaker 5: Okay, and aside from like me and super attractive, like Paul and like Caulled all the stuff, and I was like, I'm really into tennis and he's really into tennis. So that was the one thing that I was like, Okay, So we started talking or whatever, and he was like thinking of stuff that.
Speaker 4: Was kind of out the box. And so there was like a local festival. I don't know how. I'm sure you'll heard of the dinal drunk Fest, right what drunk fest?
Speaker 2: I want to go? Do you get drunk and roar like a secator?
Speaker 4: You get drunk? But I'm like the drunk fest, but it's the drink fest where you get drunk.
Speaker 6: You feel me?
Speaker 4: You got it?
Speaker 1: Have you this morning? Because I know how I'm following.
Speaker 2: Where are the dinosaurs come into play?
Speaker 4: I'm a little hungover. I can't even lie a little hungover because I did. I did go out last night.
Speaker 5: Anyway, It's like this festival where everybody wears like these inflatable t Rex costume.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I thought it was a little weird, but I was just like, you know what, I really attracted to him and let's do something.
Speaker 3: But he's still attracted to a guy who shows up to your dating an inflatable t Rex costume.
Speaker 7: Fun.
Speaker 1: She's also supposed to be in the t Rex costume too, so.
Speaker 2: It's could you share one?
Speaker 1: So it's like you're hanging out still that idea. This is some hot Jurassic action that we're about to get into. So how did it go?
Speaker 4: So we're going drinking in the outfits and then like for some reason they had a rock wall. Now imagine like the whole costume is classic and you have like we're kind of like climb a wall like falling.
Speaker 2: It was any land.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it depends on how much you've drunk too.
Speaker 2: Did you do the rock waller? Is this just something?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: He did?
Speaker 8: He did?
Speaker 4: Okay, And I was by you know what, I've had enough of dinal world.
Speaker 8: Like now let's go. But good for you. You went on your comfort zone for a whole.
Speaker 2: Hour, hour and a half and it sounds like you had fun and you had.
Speaker 8: A good time.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I had a good time, but I did it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Still proud of you, and you still liked him because you guys left together.
Speaker 4: Okay, he was like, well, do you want to go back to my place? And I'm like yeah. Then he mentioned like having some more drinks and movie like I needed more to drink, but whatever, how I won't.
Speaker 8: Let's just get out of here and like go get drunk at your house. Usually that's like.
Speaker 3: The decisions like this is why the dinosaurs don't roll in the earth.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's how you end up back at Marcus's Apartay, yes, okay.
Speaker 4: So we go back, We're chilling more drinks, end up watching movie t Like. Eventually after a while, I'm like, I didn't realize. It was like three o'clock in the morning. I get up at six to go to work.
Speaker 3: Day sleep at that point, No, you're not sober at work the next day, I can tell you.
Speaker 1: That, So what do you do?
Speaker 4: So I ordered uber, I rushed out. So then the next day get to work realize, oh my god, I left my earrings and they were like not just some ordinary earrings, they're like my diamond stud earring.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 8: I mean you were on a date, so you probably wore the good stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I don't even have any good stuff, so good for you.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I reached out to him and like no reply.
Speaker 3: Oh god, it's the worst two because you leave it actually on accident and everyone assumes you're doing it so that the guy calls.
Speaker 2: You again and you're like, no, honestly.
Speaker 8: She made honestly told his friends like, guys, she purposely left her stuff here, red flagged. They're all probably telling him, dude, that's not a.
Speaker 2: Good you guys talk to their friends about that.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, absolutely no. It's more like, dude, she took my hoodie. This is working.
Speaker 1: Well, so where are you at with Marcus? Now?
Speaker 4: Well, after a while I was like, okay, no, lood are my earrings I need? Though? So he didn't. He never replied back, and I just went back to his house and I rang the doorbell and like, and what I ring the doorbell as somebody else can the door girl? It was a guy, all right, And I was like because no one was there the night before and he never said any thinking about a roommate, and I said, hey, you know, I'm looking for Marcus. I was here last night. I left my earrings and he hadn't take me back. And they were like, I don't know what you talk about?
Speaker 2: Market What were they're playing? Dumb? Was it a joke?
Speaker 4: I mean, if they were playing dumb, they were a really good actor, because he was just like, I don't know what you talk about.
Speaker 1: Well, you had been drinking for like many many hours in a dinosaur costume and after that too.
Speaker 2: So what are you thinking? Like wrong door? Is that what you mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Probably wrong with But so okay, now we're going to call Marcus for you and try and help you get your earrings back. Do you want to date too?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm open to it. I just kind of really want to know why did he like hurt me like that?
Speaker 2: Like why does no one else want to know who the random guy in his house was?
Speaker 1: I don't even know if that wasn't.
Speaker 8: I think we all assume it's the wrong house, right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of questions to ask this guy. Once we get him on the phone, we're gonna come back and try and get you your second date update right after this second date update. If you're just joining us for the second date update, we have two objectives today. The main objective recovering some precious belongings. We're putting love on the back seat just for the beginning, because we need to help Sasha get her ear rings back.
Speaker 3: Her diamonds more than just ear rings, Seriously, I didn't realize.
Speaker 1: But she left them at a guy named Marcus's apartment after they hung out all night, And the weird part was she texted him to get them back. He didn't respond to her. So she actually physically went to his place the next day and a different guy answered his door and said, I don't know, Marcus. Marcus doesn't live here.
Speaker 2: Do you think he moved moved down in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: Is it possible you scared him completely out of his own building? Sasha, I doubt that.
Speaker 4: Like, we had a really good night, and I don't know why he wouldn't like take me back. I'm like, did he sell them? Like, I don't know.
Speaker 8: It's weird the guys like I have no idea what you're talking about, too.
Speaker 1: She had said she was drinking a lot, so we don't even know if it was the right place that she went back to a lot of things to answer, So let's just call Marcus if this actually is Marcus's number, and see what he has to say. But here we go, Hello, Hey, we're looking for Marcus. We're a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Pretty fun, good morning.
Speaker 1: You could tell by the tone of my co host voice how fun we are.
Speaker 7: The one.
Speaker 1: What's up market?
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show. I did sound like you or when I said that. Yeah, okay, Marcus are you there?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Good morning everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry to like barge in on your life like this, but we're doing something called the Second Date Update, and we're trying to.
Speaker 7: Help I'm sorry, I'm sorry. We're doing the station is this We're.
Speaker 1: Called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we're trying to help out. One of our listeners named Sasha, that you actually went on a date.
Speaker 2: With Yeah, drinking with Dino's.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, that was crazy, crazy crazy.
Speaker 8: We heard it was kind of a crazy night.
Speaker 3: Well, we also heard you went up a rock wall in a t Reps costume, so I think crazy suits the.
Speaker 7: Event, Yeah, I was, I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we heard, we heard there was some positives and some also negatives from the date. Because Sasha said that she left her ear rings at your apartment and texted you about it and you never responded.
Speaker 6: She tried to pull on those Cinderella acts on me.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, it was not a move. It was not like a ploy to get you to call her back. She honestly forgot them.
Speaker 1: But what did you what did you call it a Cinderella act?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I'm sorry? Were you there?
Speaker 2: But I talked to her.
Speaker 3: I talked to her, and I can tell that, Like, Okay, listen, if if a woman leaves something at your house and it's all an act, it's not going.
Speaker 2: To be her diamond earrings.
Speaker 3: Okay, aint it's something that she could totally toss.
Speaker 1: Don't the real diamonds.
Speaker 7: Exactly?
Speaker 6: Wait, I don't have a diamond I don't have a diamond detective. I don't know if their real diamonds.
Speaker 7: That not.
Speaker 6: Nevertheless, I know she left them intentionally.
Speaker 7: At my house. I know this.
Speaker 2: Why why would you know that?
Speaker 1: Do you know that?
Speaker 7: How do I know this? I can tell like it happened to me before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's happened to.
Speaker 1: All of us dudes.
Speaker 8: But imagine if it really is an accident.
Speaker 6: Bro, Listen, she can have an ear rings back. I don't want them, what the heck I need them for?
Speaker 2: Then why aren't you texting her bag?
Speaker 6: The reason why I haven't touched it back because I don't want her to showing up at my house that she did the other day.
Speaker 1: We okay, she told us that she actually went back to get the earrings that but somebody else answered the door that you didn't live there, not.
Speaker 7: Even know you exactly.
Speaker 6: That's my little younger brother.
Speaker 7: I gave him instructions, well what to say, what to do when I'm.
Speaker 2: Not Now, just give her the earring.
Speaker 6: Yes, true, Listen, she just popped over my house on some shady like she It was just listen, you didn't even get to text messages.
Speaker 1: You know that she's doing it on purpose, just to try and like get back into your life and trying to get another date with you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yes, and she would have gotten another date if she did not pull this stunt.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's not a stunt anybody.
Speaker 1: We don't look, We don't really know what the intentions were behind it. The only thing we can do at this point is bring Sasha on the phone right now. I mean, I know it's not a great book, but the truth is she's been secretly listening on the other line waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 2: You gotta use the word secret.
Speaker 1: Well, it wasn't open, So what else do you call it Sasha.
Speaker 4: Are you there, hey, Marcus?
Speaker 6: Oh man, what are you pulling this now?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Do you know I would I really appreciate it if you didn't have your little brother answer the door, and if you could have come to the door and give him my earrings yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, I think he would have appreciated if you had warned him that you were going to show up to his apartment. I invited.
Speaker 2: You know what, You're bad. He's gonna warn him. But there's no response.
Speaker 1: Clearly Marcus was scared of her.
Speaker 3: Oh god, this is so hut out with her until three in the morning.
Speaker 2: You weren't that scared, Marcus.
Speaker 4: Come on the whole time, so were you.
Speaker 1: You're the one that fell off the rock wall. Marcus.
Speaker 4: Okay, Adinal drink fest is where you take me on a first date. You have the nervous right now?
Speaker 7: My ears back, I got you.
Speaker 6: I will give you your ear rings back.
Speaker 7: What I'll send it to you.
Speaker 6: I need an address to send these earrings to.
Speaker 2: You tried to show up at her house, Marcus.
Speaker 7: I'm not trying to show up house. No, I'm not trying to show up the house either.
Speaker 1: Before we started like exchanging addresses with each other, Sasha, Marcus is accusing you of leaving the ear rings there on purpose, trying to Cinderella him to meet like, trying to make sure you meet up with him.
Speaker 4: Against right, that's shady. That's not what happens.
Speaker 5: You're saying, No, no, I didn't leave on purpose, But I have done that before, like five of the time.
Speaker 2: Marcus, you weren't even worth but you don't.
Speaker 4: Earrings that night?
Speaker 1: So okay, can you see like her perspective? I mean it sounds like, Marcus, maybe you have a little bit of bad experiences in the I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna say, I'm gonna say trust issues.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, sure, listen.
Speaker 6: She just admitted that she left the ear rings at other places, like at least five different times.
Speaker 2: Marcus, don't be so righteous.
Speaker 3: All right, you've done shady stuff before too, we all have.
Speaker 6: She's gonna leave her ear rings and you know she's gonna leave her children.
Speaker 2: How do we make that jump?
Speaker 7: Honestly, your girl did that to me before she left the kids here. Wait, really, guys, we did it because she wanted to come back the next day to see me, because not to see her children, to see Marcus.
Speaker 2: That's a pretty genius move.
Speaker 1: There's no children here, all right, Well, Marcus, you clearly got a little bit of PSD from your past experiences with women.
Speaker 2: So to those children, it sounds.
Speaker 1: Like Sasha did not do this on purpose, and you yourself said that you would have gone out with her had it not been for the text and the showing up to the apartment craziness. So what we would like to do before we start exchanging addresses is offered to send you guys out on a date that we would pay for, and then you can bring the ear rings and give them back to her in.
Speaker 2: Person, and we're paying for it, clean.
Speaker 1: Slate, no dino outfits or I think.
Speaker 2: For you too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, chaperone.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I think she said no, Well.
Speaker 1: Your little brother can come along.
Speaker 4: I don't want a second date with him. I'm sorry, I just want my ear ring.
Speaker 2: Okay, you please give her her earrings.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're gonna have to show up to his house and get them.
Speaker 6: She can have them.
Speaker 7: They're not even real diamonds.
Speaker 2: That was below the belt market.
Speaker 1: Okay. We will pay to have them diamond tested for validity and then we'll send them back over to Sasha's place.
Speaker 7: And maybe that could be our date. We all get together and we can check the se.
Speaker 4: I won't even waste my time with that. You guys, can't you get the ear rings to be directly because I don't want to see don O Bro anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Well, no love connection, but at least sounds like we recovered the jewelry that she wanted.
Speaker 2: We're almost like a pawn shop at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jeffrey in the morning, Well, we just heard our own weird second date version of Cinderella there, but instead of a glass slipper, they were diamond earrings.
Speaker 2: Okay, she did not do it on prefer neither did Cinderella.
Speaker 1: And instead of ugly stepsisters, it was Marcus's ugly little brother.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I don't know, I don't I don't know if he was ugly, but he was willing to lie to Sasha and tell her Marcus didn't live there, and lies make you ugly on the inside.
Speaker 2: Man, that's just a loyal little brother move, jeff.
Speaker 8: You know, little mice and birds like knitting in the middle of this second.
Speaker 1: Dam Yeah, it wasn't quite as romantic as the fairy tales ever, were.
Speaker 2: I just want to call that lady who left her kids still.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the craziest part of the story. You want to know how it works, don't you, so that you can drive us out on somebody. But look, just for the record, we are getting Sasha her earrings back to her, so that's been handled. No second date will be happening, though, but we can make it happen for you. Maybe make your fairy tale come true. Go email the show. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back. And check out our podcast. Listen to all our second dates wherever you get yours at Brooke and Jeffrey