Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This He's Talking Cowboys, ringing live from the Dallas Cowboys World Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: Streaks six seconds.
Speaker 1: That's got pisis any paint textown?
Speaker 2: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Nick Harris, John Mashoda and Kyle Yeomans. It's time for us say you with your chest for Friday.
Speaker 1: Here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Presented by the Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Good Morning Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 2: It's time to talk about the boys. There's a lot to talk.
Speaker 3: About, unfortunately.
Speaker 2: There is a lot, unfortunately to talk about before we get into it. And I don't want to waste a ton of time. I just want to comment on Isaiah's shirt if we can get a one shot on this shirt.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're talking about this whole thing, right talking about that that thing right there? Yeah, sit up straight.
Speaker 2: You've got Micah Parsons on the left his football card, really cool looking shirt. On the right it's the mud Dogs and linebacker Bobby Bouchet. Who's better?
Speaker 1: Is what the title is?
Speaker 3: Over the time, too good.
Speaker 1: Who's better? Who would you rather have? Michael Parsons or Bobby Bouchet.
Speaker 3: Only one has a ring?
Speaker 1: Who's that?
Speaker 3: Bobby?
Speaker 1: He does have a ring.
Speaker 4: I mean, when you think about it, both of these guys are dominant. I mean when they're on the field, teams fear them.
Speaker 1: That's true. I'm just saying, kle it's true.
Speaker 4: I mean, when you thought about one dominant football player in all the movies that you've ever watched, who you think about?
Speaker 3: I think about, uh, Willie Beaman first was nice, but he wasn't dominant at first. Yeah, And I think about Bobby.
Speaker 1: Bobby Bouchet was. He was a dude.
Speaker 3: He was also Dwayne the Rock on The game Plan, You'll remember that movie. Whenever he was playing quarterback, he just did it past to his receivers.
Speaker 1: But whenever it runs through people.
Speaker 4: Whenever I visualized Michael Parsons chasing down quarterbacks, I literally think about Bobby Bouche.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 1: Chasing him the whole way.
Speaker 5: That's what I envisioned. So I don't know that's how my mind works.
Speaker 3: And Bobby Bouche played boundary corner.
Speaker 4: I'm not really sure you like that Segway. You know he could pokey an Eyebottle. Okay.
Speaker 1: So now now that the fund.
Speaker 2: Is out of the way and we've we've had some fun, let's uh, let's turn our attention.
Speaker 1: To the not so fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's not have any more fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Trayvon Digs trying to bit a smile on everybody's faces.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, it's to say it with your chest. Friday, We're supposed to come in with energy. But this one, this one stings. Yeah, it stings. Yeah, if anything, it hurts. Trayvon Digs out for the season. Torn a cl during practice yesterday. Not exactly what we anticipated from open locker room yesterday. The news rained down at about two o'clock Central time, and.
Speaker 1: Of course the ensuing reports.
Speaker 2: Were not good for Trayvon once they saw him on crutches in the locker room. Nick, you were in the building yesterday just as much as as a lot of the media was. I mean, what was the overall feeling of what happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll just kind of walk you through from my perspective what happened, or at least here inside the building caught wind of it. Man, it was this practice was still going on, heard that Diggs had left off and didn't look great, and then you know, me and Patrick Walker, former Talking Cowboys co host Patrick Walker trying to dig on things and found out that it probably wasn't great. We were told it was. It was bad. He was he asked a certain person good bad or really bad, and he was told bad. And so we're, you know, going into this whole whole deal with caution for sure. And then saw Treyvon Digs on crutches walking past the locker room or popping past the locker room during the open locker room portion for media, and then wasn't too long after that he had his MRI and confirmed that it was a clean ACL tear on his left knee. Very unfortunate, I mean, especially when you look at practice injuries that have happened so far this season, just since the season has started with Tyler Smith and then I'm sure we'll get into it and Tyler Biattish as well a tweaked to hamstring yesterday. So uh, this is pretty devastating. It it doesn't put the Cowboys out of contention for anything that they were already in contention for, Like, don't get me wrong, if anything, it just puts the secondary right back in the same exact situation that they were last year, except Defon Gilmore is now that reliable corner on the outside, except instead of Trayvon Diggs. But it's gonna be kind of a rotating door and so you figure out who's going to be the reliable guy on that boundary. I mean, that's something we'll get into too. I think that's a fun conversation. But for Trayvon specifically a man, it's really tough. I mean, not only was this week his birthday. He was planning on going to Beyonce. Last night, he had a sweet rented out for him and his friends, and you know, his his day just didn't go as he planned. And so I guess the bright news that you can take away from everything it was a clean tear, and that's what doctors prefer whenever they go in for the surgery, so you know, hopefully that'll help for a speedier recovery. He won't be back this season, you know, there's there's there's no way he can, but should be should be ready time for training camp next year, And just kind of knowing Trayvon's mentality, I think that's very realistic that he'll be ready to go day one and aux our next season. But you know, even if the Cowboys are able to go and eclipse this journey and carbe Omnius sees everything, it's still gonna be a little bit of, you know, bittersweet in the back of your head, knowing that Trayvon Diggs wasn't on the field for this journey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really not much more to add to that. It sucks, man, injuries sucked. They're gonna I mean, I definitely feel for him. I've had my fair share of injuries, things that have put me out for a lapse strad of time, and a cl is nothing to scoff at a real injury. It's not one that necessarily, you know, technology in the medicine field has necessarily improved upon you know, astronomically, you still have to wait, you know, a period of time, and you still got to go through the down downfalls and the mental strain and the dark places. So definitely, prayers up for him and his journey back is going to be a frustrating one. He's gonna need a ton of support it.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I guess I was gonna say if it.
Speaker 4: Does help in any regard that it's happening now so he can actually still be feel a part of the team. The worst thing is like when the stuff happens towards the end of the year and then everybody leaves, you know what I mean, Like everybody leaves and you're just there with the trainers every day doing your thing. Everybody's you know, everybody's traveling around the country and everything, you know, going on vacations and kicking it and doing all the stuff, and you feel super isolated.
Speaker 5: You know, at least during the year.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to find a positive in it, right, at least during the year, you're in the meeting room, you're you're with your boys. You know, you're walking past the locker room. You're still seeing your guys every single day. And that's gonna take up a good portion of his rehab, you know. I mean, he's going to be in the mix for a good portion of his rehab in the building with everybody else in the building.
Speaker 5: And that helps. That helps.
Speaker 4: And I know if people are going to probably say I'm crazy, but like, trust me, it helps when you have everybody else around you versus you just being isolated.
Speaker 3: And to that point, fortunately or unfortunately, he's not alone in the fact that he's recovering from a torn ACL. He's the fourth torn ACL since the start of training. Game you got rookie tied in John Stevens, rookie linebacker to Marvion Overshown, and then rookie receiver David Dirtin, all of them recovering from twenty acls. We've kind of seen John Stevens really early in the morning getting work out there looks like he just had surgery, and then de Marvion Overshown just had surgery this week as well. So maybe similar timelines if Dix is able to get the surgery done in two or three weeks once the swelling goes down.
Speaker 2: And I think this is it's a shock, not only to Trayvon, because of the way that he was playing. I mean, he was going, at least through the first two weeks of the season, was playing his best ball. He was being his playing his best ball as a coverage corner. He was playing his best ball as a takeaway machine. I mean he forced to fumble in week one, had an interception in week two. He was trending in the right direction for his career year, career best year. And this is talking about a guy who had eleven interceptions two years ago, had eleven picks two years ago, and he was playing his best football.
Speaker 1: That's how good he was.
Speaker 2: Even Mike McCarthy saying it this morning said it's just awful. He was just playing off the charts and that's the way he practices too. Obviously, a big blow. Your heart goes out to Trayvon. This is our first big shot of adversity. This is a real punch to the gut and a lot of fans out there might have questions on how this happens in practice. I mean you mentioned it already, Tyler Smith going down, Tyler Biatch, a little bang, Doug Travon Diggs going down. In terms of just practice alone, Donovan Wilson first practice of training camp. I mean, it happens practice. Injuries do happen, But this is a reoccurring theme this year. Mike McCarthy talked about that this morning too, and I'm reading this straight off of John and showed his Twitter, but he said this is on the one on one drill that Diggs was doing whenever the injury happened. It's a skilled development that always goes on, especially with limited time in training camp one on one drills or something that defensive backs and receivers need. Everything you do in the passing game is based on time clocks, so those reps are necessary, not doing red zone one on one. I don't see that drill as a high risk itself. It's just one of those unfortunate things that happen when two guys are competing for the ball. That can happen in any drill at any time. So that's that's McCarthy's thought process. So if you're a fan out there and you're saying, what are these guys doing in practice, it's nothing different than what they've done in practice throughout their careers.
Speaker 5: Happened, just the injuries happen. There's nothing I get it.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just a bad run, right, I mean you talk about four acls on one team. Your eyebrows kind of if your eyebrows don't raise up, then something's probably wrong with you. So you definitely perk up and try to figure out, Okay, what's what's going on? Is our training? Is it our is it our our workload? And maybe it's not enough. Early on, like you start you question everything. Whenever used to have that consistent of an injury issue across the board. You know, talk about receiver tight end, We have receiver tight end, cornerback, and what was the last linebacker?
Speaker 5: Linebacker?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's crossing the board now, so it's not it's not positions specific. So you do start questioning your you know, what have you done this offseason that's different than any other year? What have you done in terms of training camp that you that you haven't done any other year. So you definitely go back and you do your homework. That's the strength that's the strength staff, that's the rehabilitation staff, that's the you know, the dietitians. Everybody's going to go back and figure out, Okay, did we do anything different?
Speaker 5: Is it our surfaces? Is it the cleats?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, you have to do it. You have to go back and unveil some things. But injuries happen, you know, injuries happen. It just it just sucks. You know, you don't wish it upon to anybody. No, it's a part of the game, it really is.
Speaker 2: And I think another side of this too, for for tray Von is he was a key member.
Speaker 1: Of possibly one of the best defenses in NFL history. We've talked about it. That is a potential.
Speaker 2: We're two weeks in. Yes, I know, we're only two weeks in. There's a lot of football left to be played. But based off of what this team has done through the first two weeks, what the expectations were coming into the year, there was a ceiling for this defense that is an all time great defense with the legion of Boom, with the seventies Steelers, with the eighty five Bears, they have a chance to be that good this defense does.
Speaker 1: Even without Trayvon, they can still get.
Speaker 2: To a generational type defense. I completely believe that they still have an elite level pass rush. You have more depth in the secondary than you ever have in this building, I would argue. Ever Ever, in general, the one thing that really hurts though as football fans, not just Cowboys fans, but football fans, it's the fact that even if they do reach the ceiling of being categorized as a generational defense, they're still not reaching the ceiling they would with Trayvon Diggs.
Speaker 1: It's still never going to be as.
Speaker 2: Good as it could have been because Seven's not on the field, and that's what I think hurts the most, at least from a team standpoint. It's of course you're hurting for the players. Trayvon Diggs prayers up and there's a lot of people throughout the league, including guys on the Eagles, former players, current players, doesn't matter. Along the wild everybody is saying the same thing, prayers up to Trayvon Diggs, and everybody feels for the player itself. But as a team and as a fan base, this is a defense that has a chance to be absolutely legendary, but it's still not going to be as good because Travon Dis is not on the field, and that that is you feel robbed as a football fan in doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think you're gonna really feel the pain of him not being in the game whenever they have to go up against these really talented receiving cores that have a big body guy that would be perfect for Trayvon Dis to match up against. The first team that comes to mind is Philly A. J. Brown being able to ride up on him and just put a body on him. And you know Gilmore has the opportunity to do that. But you also got Davonte Smiths to cover, and you also got Dallas Goddard to cover. I mean, you know there's there's there's other guys to cover.
Speaker 5: Already a challenge.
Speaker 3: It was already a challenge for sure, but like you know that just that just takes it one step back and you just kind of got to readjust from there. But Deron Bland sounds like he's gonna be the guy that moves out the boundary. Jordan Lewis, he's he's ready to go. All right, let's go man. So he's gonna go right there in the nickel and he's gonna get his full workload, assume as early as this week, and we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like you need to go get somebody else?
Speaker 3: Not right now for a couple of reasons. Let's say Deron Bland does not work out on the boundary. You have a Nashan Wright that's going to be coming off the ir here in a couple of weeks. You know, that's that's an opportunity to try out. You also have Noah Igbinoghan. He brought him in. He's a boundary guy that you can try out that in that place as well, they have three guys that they can play with to put a boundary and see if one of them can be that reliable option. I think it's very worthy for Deron Bland to be able to be the first guy to get that opportunity, just because of what he was able to do last year stepping in at Nickel and having that kind of opportunity and being able to seize it. And now that Jordan Lewis is here to take his job back, de Ron Bland he could just move right over and man if he could be a safety net at boundary and plays just as well as he did in the Nickel last year, man's a sign that man extending that man.
Speaker 1: I completely agree.
Speaker 2: I think, man, you look across the board in terms of the depth of this secondary. Any other team in the NFL loses an all pro corner all of a sudden, you're saying they're done, They're toast.
Speaker 1: They're gonna have some depth issues.
Speaker 2: Corners a lot like offensive line in ways where the depth isn't always there. I mean, it's hard to find really good shutdown corners. Stefan Gilmour is gonna have to step up too, and he's on the back end of his career.
Speaker 1: He's not playing, of course.
Speaker 2: At the same level as he did when he was a defensive Player of the Year, but he is a solid corner one. He has been a corner one throughout his career, so he's gonna have to step up and fill that role initially, but behind him, I do have confidence. I think to Ron Bland might play better on the outside than it does in the inside.
Speaker 1: Jordan Lewis looks healthy coming back from injury.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to see him get some reps, and I think it all just kind of fits into place based off of the way this roster was built and based off of.
Speaker 1: The investment they've made at the cornerback position.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would base it off of mean I need to see Naean, Yeah, I really need to see Naean. I believe that Dron Bland is very capable. I think he's obviously an excellent nickel corner. Obviously, you know Jay Lewis, so that's that obviously cuts down into his reps. So he has a versatility to bump out. But is that what I believe that he does best. I don't think so. I don't think that's his most effective position. So I think you need for a dan Quinn style. I think you still need the long, lanky guy, and so I think you know that's not taking anything away from durn Bland at all, but he just doesn't have the size of a Trayvon.
Speaker 5: He doesn't have the size of a nay Sean. So you need to see how.
Speaker 4: Nayseeon runs back and an impact that he has or doesn't have, and then from there, I think you have to make your decision on whether or not you need to bring in an additional guy, because to your point, the teams that you're going to have to beat have multiple people, and you're gonna need multiple people. You know, Deron Bland is probably gonna need to be on the inside when you go out and die. He's you're gonna need him on the inside. Yeah, he's not gonna want him on the outside. You're gonna want Hi him and Jay Lou, you know, Garden whoever it is on the inside, and you want some bigger guys on outside, give more and who U So Nashan comes down and takes her business thing all right in the boxes check. But you still, you know there's a couple of guys that are free agency that are going to be higher dollar guys. Obviously, the price always goes up whenever teams are in need. There's there's probably a guy that then I would take a peek at that. Most Cowboys fans probably would not want to hear. But I think I think Byron.
Speaker 3: Oh, that was not who I was expecting.
Speaker 2: I don't think Cowboys fans would be as upset about that as anything. I mean, I think you're well here Anthony Brown with the same friend this week. Yeah, but he got released released already. That's not a good SI yesterday. That's not a good That's not a good sign.
Speaker 4: So so I would say Byron Jones, so my initial thought was a B. But he got picked up a couple of days ago, being released a quickly, it's not a good sign.
Speaker 2: A couple of names out there, Kyle Fuller, I believe it is still out on the block.
Speaker 4: Casey Hayward's out there much just like that athleticism, but some of those guys are older. Those guys are older, right, you know you're talking about you know, Byron Jones, I think he's still just thirty. He has to size athleticism that you're bringing back on, right, And I don't. I don't think that he left on bad terms. I just they were going to pay him the way he wanted to get paid. So I think probably in the front office, I think he's probably in still good graces there. In terms of athleticism, He's a dang quinage type guy. He's explosive, he's tall, he's fast. I mean, he has all the attributes. Now, can he still get out of his break? I don't know. That's what they have to bring there for a workout for.
Speaker 3: You got three guys here in the building that I'm confident in, one of those three being a step back out, and I think the wild card is easy mcwamu as well. Yeah, so you really have four guys you can play around with, and I mean you can play around with these guys until week eight week No, I mean you have time and being up too. Oh that definitely helps. That helps the situation as well.
Speaker 5: But but you do have now you do have an available roster.
Speaker 3: Spot for sure. Would you rather have it to throw in a corner when you have those guys to play around with, or would you rather put it offensive line linebacker? I think that's going to be probably the biggest discussion with with his front office. What do they do with that open spot? Now?
Speaker 5: Good point.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm looking back over Byron Jones. I was wondering why I haven't heard anything of him recently. But Byron Jones medically retired from the NFL, so yeah, he's gonna be oh wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he tweeted a.
Speaker 2: Couple of years ago whenever he stopped playing after twenty twenty one, they can't run or jump like that was. I remember that now that i'm thinking about it, and I went back and looked at it. It's got the the tweet and basically he said, I'm done, I'm out. So that we're so bad at our jobs, I mean, talked about Byron Jones in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, I mean.
Speaker 4: Guys, I'm not gonna yeah, I'll leave it alone. But sometimes guys say things and give themselves out of out of certain situations.
Speaker 1: Okay. I mean that's if that is.
Speaker 3: True that I feel bad for Byron Jones if he can't run our jump, especially how far he can jump. That's we were just talking about Byron Jones's broad jump yesterday hearing cract it's world renowned. Yeah, world record right or something like that like that, So that either way, I think there are options. I think there's options in the building kind of like that Nick is saying. But if those don't work out, you do have options out for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, you definitely give those guys the first first year, you know, at.
Speaker 2: Least give them a little maybe maybe you kick the tires. You bring in a couple of those names that are you take a pickup. I mean they do that weekly anyways. I mean every team's bringing in guys to take a look at them and see what they look like. Yeah, I mean it happens, and naturally, you know they don't have to sign those guys, but they're always the that front office is always a scouting departments, always bringing in more talent, trying to see Hey, that's why I've tell you all the time, like this is one of the most strustful jobs you have because your job's always on the line. You wonder why these guys, why players in NFL always want to get their guaranteed money, Well, it's because you're seeing guys come in by the bus loads every week trying trying out on the field, trying to take your job. NFL not for long, not for long, not for long. Well again, best wishes to Trayvon Dicks. Hopeful, speedy, efficient, uh quick recovery for Trayvon Diggs. And I want to see seven back out on the field better than ever. I believe he will be. You even ask his teammates. Parsons said it, Curse said it. There's been a lot of reaction around the league and of course in the building, and there's a lot of support for Trayvon Diggs.
Speaker 1: And when he brings to the table, he'll be a Cowboy for a long time.
Speaker 2: This is just one step in the adversity, one step in the right direction. Every day from here on out will be a good thing for Trayvon Diggs. All right, when we come back, we'll give you our players to watch for the Cowboys and the Cardinals. It certainly changes now with Trayvon's injury. Plus we'll give you some weekly over unders to look at and what we think you could possibly talk about in terms of being the best.
Speaker 1: And smartest in the room.
Speaker 2: Comes Sunday afternoon, then of course our Pickum segment coming up a little bit after that. You're watching Talking Cowboys on Dallas cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 8: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beefs AT and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 9: Five G requires compatable planning device. Five gmay not be available in your area. See att dot com slash fig for you for details.
Speaker 10: Black Rifle Coffee Company serves premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Rifle Coffee, you are directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first responders in your community. Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, so it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team.
Speaker 1: Go online at.
Speaker 10: Black Riflecoffee dot com and fuel up with the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. That's Black Riflecoffee dot Com to fuel up.
Speaker 2: Today, Cowboys fans, After that move, We've just coined the term rowdy replay.
Speaker 1: Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 11: Okay, there's our mascot Rowdy cheering on the boys. And now he's on his phone on his Bank of America Mobile Banking now.
Speaker 2: Staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial Assistant Erica.
Speaker 11: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive. Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com. Slash can't stop banking Everykay.
Speaker 2: It's only available in the English language. You mut download the latest version of the Mobile Banking app, only available on Sight mobile devices. Message dat rates apply number FDIC.
Speaker 7: Welcome back in The Dear Doctor, the show where I answered life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller, would you, Dear doctor?
Speaker 2: My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 7: But what's the right gift that says.
Speaker 12: Thanks for being the soldier to cry out?
Speaker 7: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious doctor pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do now just to remind her that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the.
Speaker 5: One you deserve.
Speaker 1: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This portion of Talking Cowboys is brought to you by Quaker Oats, the official super Trusted superfood oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Quaker OAHs back here on Talking Cowboys. Isaiah stand back Nick Harris. I'm Cali the Omens as we take a look ahead to Week two with the Arizona Cardinals and the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Will have our pick him segment coming up in just a couple of moments.
Speaker 2: If you want to be our guest picker this week eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. That's again eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. Give us a call and we'll have you on in that final segment. All right, Nick Harris, I want you to talk players to watch. I want one on both sides of the football. Will start offense, will go, give both offensive players to watch, and then we'll switch over to the defense.
Speaker 3: I feel like I know who his offensive player is and I don't want to steal it from so I'm gonna take Brandon cook You're a liar, that's mining.
Speaker 5: I was gonna take that man.
Speaker 3: Brandon Cooks. I think he has a big day on Sunday. Who'd you think his guy was? I thought your guy was gonna be Tony polar Man.
Speaker 5: Nick's over three.
Speaker 3: Yeah to wait to hear what that what that board looked like from last week? Yeah, it was better. It was better than last week for me.
Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 3: Uh but now Brandon Cooks, I'm gonna go ahead and say it with my chest. He has the most for steving yards in the entire game on Sunday afternoon. Frank Cooks, I think.
Speaker 1: What I say it just boomed in your show.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I think he has the most yards of any receiver on the field on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 2: Real quick, I'm gonna start with the offense on both sides. But I want to ask a follow up on Cook's first. I mean, so you're saying he's completely healthy, no questions. He's gonna be good to go on Sunday. He's gonna play on Sunday as far as I know.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. Who's your offensive guy?
Speaker 5: He's a thief.
Speaker 4: I wasn't gonna go with beat Cooks because of how much shown these guys play. And I believe that the over Routes are going to be Cooks's best friend this week. But since you take you took him from me, I'm gonna go with uh, let's go with hind Dog Peyton shot Hindy.
Speaker 1: Okay, hind I think he has his.
Speaker 5: His Uh, I was gonna I need to rephrase that one. He has his party. He has his party. Yeah, he has it.
Speaker 1: Almost came out of my mouth there.
Speaker 5: Uh, that's his party. Yeah, he's gonna everybody's gonna find out.
Speaker 4: Exactly who who eighty nine is this week's hen rushing and receiving called receiving receiving.
Speaker 5: Yet the middle of the field is gonna be gonna be booty Button naked open.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of gaps in his own and you didn't hold that one back. Booty button naga, that's like his thing, boy, But the other one is gonna get me in trouble. I was gonna be in the principal talking to a man that's wearing a Bobby Bouchet shirt. Yeah, so we're gonna go. I'm gonna Hindo.
Speaker 5: It's Friday.
Speaker 3: Lo, this is like the third goofy Friday. We've had.
Speaker 5: Your shirt. Now that's a Now might have to add him to this shirt.
Speaker 1: You can throw Charles Charles Hale owns you rather have that's fun? Okay? Uh.
Speaker 2: My offensive player to watch actually comes on the offensive line, Tyler Beattish. We didn't get to talk about him in the opening segment because trey On Digg's news of course dominated the headlines.
Speaker 1: But Trayvon Diggs a little banged up with a hamstring? Nick, what are the you get a question?
Speaker 5: You said? Uh said?
Speaker 1: He said, Trayvon Diggs. I mean, I mean sorry, I was saying.
Speaker 2: Because Trayvon Diggs headlines dominated the first episode, didn't get to talk about Tyler Biattish's injury at a hamstring.
Speaker 4: I'm concerned. I don't know the severity of that. I do question, though, who is the backup center?
Speaker 3: Brock Off rock Hoffman J Bass has been getting a lot of centers question practice, so if I had to bet, it would be best just because they can't elevate Hoffman again without dropping him and then signing him to the active roster. They've already used his two activations, so Uh, my guests would be TJ Bass. Okay, do you know the severity of the Tyler Biada does not sound like it's going to keep him out on Sunday. Mike McCarthy talked about it this morning on the Fan. I don't remember the exact quote, but he felt good about him playing Sunday.
Speaker 2: That's good, but still one to watch because if he's banged up and he's not necessarily playing well, you need Tyler biattish to perform in the middle of that offensive line.
Speaker 4: No, you absolutely, I think that's definitely somebody to watch if he touches the field. I do do get the bubblies. That's why I'm drinking my green tea. I get the bubb Absolutely, they need it. I'm looking Blayden. Uh, I get the bubblies. Because hamstrings don't heal in two days.
Speaker 1: They linger.
Speaker 4: If you're If you hurt your hamstring enough to where you have to vacate practice, that's probably not healing in two days.
Speaker 5: So I'm concerned.
Speaker 4: I'm truly concerned as to the severity and even if it is playable, because I've played on tweeked hamstrings before.
Speaker 3: You're not a hundred I mean we were told it was not even close to the severity of Tyler Smith's and it only kept him out two weeks.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: Just the one thing that scares me kind of along with Isaiah is the fact that there's not a whole a lot behind him. For sure, Tyler Smith, you could at least plug in multiple guys. You could plug in Juma, you could plug in TJ.
Speaker 1: Bass.
Speaker 2: Not saying those guys are the equivalent of Tyler Smith, of course not. But you have guys at center. You you got the same guys that you would put at guard, but a little out of position at center. And it's I mean, it's one of two positions that touches the football on every single play.
Speaker 3: Zach Martin center, just push.
Speaker 2: That would be actually really interesting. That sounds like something you would put on Madden. In the middle of Madden all right, defensive players to watch. I'll let Nick start or actually know what Nick stole Isaiah's off. You're a thief, sir, I'm gonna stal I'm gonna I'm gonna take Isaiah first.
Speaker 3: You didn't steal me.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. Yep.
Speaker 4: Gotta keep your eye on Jay Lou. Obviously they worked him into the system a little bit last week. I'm trying to get his feet witch want to make sure that the is not too much demand coming back to the game. But I think that he's gonna have opportunity to get his feet all the way wet.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 5: He put his tone the water last week.
Speaker 4: Now he got to go at least ankle deep, at least at least ankle deep to figure out what's what that temperature is like. So I foresee him having a relatively good game. He's gonna have plenty of opportunities. However, he will be tested. He will be tested because these guys have the go juice at the receiver positions. They're four to three across the board. They're gonna get up and go. And you know, you're really hoping that your defensive line continues to play like they've played. But these guys can get down the field quick fast, in a hurry.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I obviously the secondary and especially Debron Bland filling in for Trayvon, I think that's a huge thing to watch on Sunday. But I'm gonna stick with my guns here what I would have said yesterday and say to Marcus Lawrence, there's a really big opportunity for him this week to get active in the run game once again, going up against the first round offensive tackle in Paris Johnson, being able to fight him off and stay active in the run game. I mean, if this offense finds any success on Sunday, it's gonna be it's gonna start with Josh Dobbs and James Connor getting going in the run game. You know, josh Doobbs, who is that Josh Dobbs with like seventy.
Speaker 5: Four rushing gears every four point nine.
Speaker 3: And then the James Connor getting active as well. James Connor fresh off one hundred yard performance. He's actual, she looks pretty efficient so far this season. So de Marcus Lawrence getting active in the run game, I think he's the best run defender on this team. So getting getting him going.
Speaker 5: Can you remind the people what to keep an eye out for for this game that's on the line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I think there's a there's a there's a bet on the line.
Speaker 2: Joshua Dobbs, who set a career high last week with forty one rotching yards against the New York Giants, Isaiah believes because of the scheme, because of the structure of the offense and because of the way things could go in this game, that Joshua Dobbs would have seventy five yards rushing, have seventy five yards rushing, and if he does do that, Nick has agreed graciously gracious to wear all pink and a fluffy to two a fluffy one. Jess Navaries, by the way, says.
Speaker 1: So that she has one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was.
Speaker 3: She was more than ready to go ahead and offer that.
Speaker 1: She's like, oh, I got one. Here you go.
Speaker 3: It's like you won't need it. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: But if you if we do your yards, I would be here early on my way. Oh yeah, dude, we're gonna be up here like easy.
Speaker 5: By the way, this wood needs to be replaced.
Speaker 3: It hasn't worked out so after yet.
Speaker 4: And by the way, Cowboys Nations, Okay, listen, I don't want him to run for seventy five yards because him running for seventy five yards will cause a heck of a headache for our defense, unless it's.
Speaker 1: Like garbage time, which would be great too. I think that would be the idea.
Speaker 4: I agree, I agree, okay, So yeah, so don't want that to happen. But I definitely want to see him in This is kind of a thing I need that. I need that black mail for sure.
Speaker 3: Haters. You see what they do to me, John Elevation, You have to.
Speaker 5: Have haters in your life, everybody.
Speaker 2: You've officially made it once you have hater's right. That's the thing, that's the bet. So if if things go down, of course, on the ground on suns.
Speaker 3: Did you do there?
Speaker 5: Boom?
Speaker 1: Then shake you before you beg it.
Speaker 2: Joshua Dobbs will have Nick Harris wearing a two two on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's having anywhere close to seventy five yards on the ground, but it could happen.
Speaker 1: It certainly could happen. By the way, on Big Facts today, there's a big fact, big fact about quarterbacks running.
Speaker 2: If there was any knock against the Cowboys defense in the first two games, perhaps it's allowing the quarterbacks to get loose on the ground. In two games, the Cowboys have allowed one hundred and seventy two rushing yards, seventy nine of which have been to the quarterbacks. So far, forty five percent of their opponent's ground game have come from the legs of Zach Wilson and Daniel Jones something to watch against Joshua Dobbs, who had a twenty three yard rushing touchdown last week against the Giants, so.
Speaker 3: They listened to our show. Seventy nine total in two weeks doesn't sound like.
Speaker 5: Eyeah, but those weren't scripted runs.
Speaker 3: Neither would Joshua dobb Are you serious? I mean, if the bulk of his rushing action on Sunday will be getting out of the pocket.
Speaker 4: I don't disagree with that, but I think that there would be more schemed runs in this one game, right a quarterback has been in the.
Speaker 3: First tay, I agree with you there. I'm just saying it won't work. I'm just saying I hope it doesn't.
Speaker 4: I hope it doesn't, but I do want to see you in two two. That would be really fun first bat of the year.
Speaker 2: On talking to now boys, I love friendly bets, all right, A couple over under speaking bets.
Speaker 1: We're not making any bets. This is not off of any website.
Speaker 2: This is just for funzies, just to look at what the performances could be from these individual players. Tony Pollard's had seventy yards and seventy two yards in the first two games over whatever it is, seventy one over just the average of right of where it is, right in the middle.
Speaker 3: I think he gets active early and often, and I think he's gonna break off a couple big ones.
Speaker 1: And I think he gets over one hundred get after it.
Speaker 5: What do you think I'd give him one o two?
Speaker 1: I love it?
Speaker 2: Okay, first triple digit game for Tony Pollard. I'm gonna say over to, I think so zach Ertz, he's been active. Yes, turning back the clock a little bit, He's got a pretty good start to the season.
Speaker 4: You have the three headed monster at safety, though, Kyle, they're bag baby three and a.
Speaker 1: Half catches receptions or for zach.
Speaker 4: Ertz, oh three and a half. Oh he's gonna have three catches at three and a half. Yeah, absolutely so over yeah, I think he'll have about seven catches. Goodness, they're gonna feed him. They're gonna feed him.
Speaker 3: I think he had six last week.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they feed the crap out of all. They set this a little too. They feed Trey McBride, their other tight end, quite a bit of Yes. I think between the two they had nine receptions last week and the week before.
Speaker 5: It's hard to tell which one it is. To beau, they're pretty similar.
Speaker 2: He has he has eighteen targets and twelve receptions already, just for seventy seven yards and no touchdown, so very short.
Speaker 5: He's gonna be hype. His wife just played her last game last night.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 5: Yep, she played her last game last night for you know, the US national team. So he's going to be excited.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go over as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, over on that one.
Speaker 2: Joshua Dobbs one and a half interceptions, so that means due. The Cowboys have two picks.
Speaker 5: Again, I don't I don't see two.
Speaker 1: Picks, so under for you. Yeah, just smart, make make smart, dude, man.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll uh. I'm gonna say over done, done, duh. I would love for doron boy and just go ahead and get his get his second one of the year, playing second and in fact, right there that was the second third four Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: NFL Network is playing on the TV screen behind us as Dak Prescott making is one hundredth career start versus the Cardinals on Sunday. That's pretty cool cool, how about that? Something to look forward to concrats Dak one hundred career starts. How about that he has four hundred more to go to catch Nickman speaking. Yeah, speaking of Dak Prescott, so far this year, just three hundred and ninety eight yards through the year, two passing touchdowns. He hasn't had an interception yet. I'll set the over under two hundred and forty passing yards. I'll do t forty and a half. So that way, it's yeah, going over, Okay, going over over two hundred and forty. I think everyone gets involved. You get a couple of receiver touchdowns. Finally, I think again, Brandon Cooks, I think has a big day, so I'm gonna go over.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't see it. I think two thirty ish maybe.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 4: I'm interested to see how coach McCarthy schemes things up against this defense. I think this is the style of defense that historically has caused DAK problems, So I'm interested to see if they continue with their getting the ball out their hands quickly stay in true to the West Coast. There was a couple of times last week where coach McCarthy really started trying to I felt like it was Kella more ish in terms of started trying to sit in the pocket a little bit longer, pushing things down the field. I'm hoping that he sticks with the West Coast get it out your hands quickly, because these guys they disguised the crap out of their coverages and Dak has struggle with that in the past.
Speaker 1: Do you think Ceedee Lamb gets a receiving touchdown?
Speaker 2: Yeah, zero point five receiving touchdowns for CD Lamb this week now sure over cede Lamb.
Speaker 1: By the way, the only player in the NFL right now.
Speaker 2: To account for over half of his team's receiving yards in twenty twenty three. He's accounting for fifty five point three percent of their receiving totals so far this year. Of course, doesn't still have it doesn't have a touchdown yet, but that would be the fourth highest percentage of it in NFL history if he continues to take up that big of a chunk of the receiving yard through the rest of the way.
Speaker 1: Only Cowboys player with over.
Speaker 2: Fifty receiving yards in twenty twenty three, how about that Tony Pollard second with forty nine. So there's some over unders. Something to look forward to coming up on Sunday. Cowboys Cardinals three twenty five kickoff on Fox. When we come back, it's time to make some picks. We're gonna start looking through the NFL slate. We're gonna update the standings. Things got really really.
Speaker 1: Close over the last week. And I'll tell you why.
Speaker 2: Give us a call be our guest picker eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. We'll continue with more talking Cowboys and our pick ems this week when we come back.
Speaker 12: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agen Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment to Dagonturf, the official Lagonturf equipment supplier, Uber Dallas Cowboys visit United aggonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 10: Are you ready to take coffee off your grocery list?
Speaker 1: Forever?
Speaker 10: Black Rifle Coffee Club is here to help as a Coffee Club member, You'll get your favorite coffees roasted package and ship to your door free of charge on your preferred schedule. Set it, forget it, and never run low on coffee again. Members also get exclusive deals on coffee products and discounts from partner brands. Ease your mind and let Black Rifle worry about your coffee supply. Go to Black Rifle Coffee dot com to join the Coffee Club today.
Speaker 2: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 8: Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 9: Five G requires compatible planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 1: To the Talking Cowboys back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This segment is brought to you by the Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan, and also brought to you by Invisi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Welcome back in Nick Harris Isaiah's stand Back. Let's update the standing, shall we.
Speaker 3: It's been two sad segments for.
Speaker 1: Me, bringing on now Nick.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Nick, you got your first regular season non Cowboys win last week. Nick Harris went three and three. Great job for Nick. Mister five yep five hundred last week, currently four and eight overall in his pick'ms.
Speaker 5: It's not yeah long way to go, A.
Speaker 1: Long way to go.
Speaker 2: And then outside of Nick Harris still bringing up the rear, which has been really the norm the.
Speaker 1: First two weeks, is the fact that the everything flipped on its head.
Speaker 2: John and Isaiah did not have a great week in week one, but they both had good weeks in week two.
Speaker 1: I had the best week in week one. I did not have a great week in week two. Your week two, I had a three and three record five hundred. So I'm at seven and five overall.
Speaker 2: So is Isaiah, who went five and one last week. Best week across the whole job.
Speaker 1: But the only game that I lost was the Seattle Seahawks. Freaking kidding me.
Speaker 2: They let us all down in week one. We all picked against them in week two, and then they won. Seahawks ridiculous. I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: So John, Isaiah, and myself were all tied at seven and five.
Speaker 10: Go.
Speaker 2: John went four and two last week. The Fans also went four and two, which means the Fans have a one game lead.
Speaker 1: WHA.
Speaker 2: In the Talking Cowboys segments, erroneus shout out to Brian and Colorado ABE and Las Vegas, Abe and Las Vegas. He went four and two last week. But he also, I was looking back at our records. In the wild card round last year he went undefeated. Abe was the only undefeated champion in terms of the pick him.
Speaker 1: So, uh, I've got the next one on the line.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's go with Mario in South Texas. Mario's a He's a regular caller.
Speaker 1: He's done this a couple times. Last time he was on, he went sick and one. We had an extra game that week with six and one. Mario, you think you can keep that rolling?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: Well, I picked a good week to call in, didn't. We're all the pressure on in first place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the pressure, all sorts of it. We have John's picks, by the way, they are in and submitted. Let's start things off with the Falcons and the Lions. Nick, I'll let you start things off.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with the Lions here. Falcons have looked strangely good on defense. So but I'm gonna take the Lions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna take Dan Campbell at home all day. Mario, who you got?
Speaker 6: I'm actually gonna take the Falcons in this one color. I think I think the loss of Chancey's Gardner Johnson is gonna be huge for that.
Speaker 1: Lions, Okay, taken the Falcons. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Solid point?
Speaker 5: I gotta stay with.
Speaker 2: Some I gotta go Lions, Lions. Yeah, okay, so Lions across the board. Congrat Oh excuse me, Mario picked the Falcons.
Speaker 1: So we saved. We're good. We're okay. Chargers at the.
Speaker 2: Vikings tower and two teams. One of those two teams will be three unless they tie somehow, But of course I don't think that's happening. Don't come to me first on this one, Mario.
Speaker 1: We'll go to you first on this one.
Speaker 6: Two high power offenses over there. I'm gonna go with the team that has a better defense, and that's the Chargers.
Speaker 1: Chargers.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna go with LA on the road here too hostile environment up in Minneapolis. I still think the Chargers get it done. I think they're too good of a team, too talented of a team to start owing three. I can look at the Vikings and see why they would be oh and three. What do you think, Isaiah? My heart's telling me the Vikings. But I'm gonna rock of the Chargers. Rocking with the Chargers, which this.
Speaker 3: Is a coin flip for me. But since everyone's picking La here, I'm just gonna take the Vikings. Hopefully I get a game back. This is this is strategy, This is plain defense.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Patriots at the Jets, the last opponent for the Cowboys, hosting.
Speaker 1: The next opponent for the Cowboys, of course, after the Cardinals this week? All right, what do you think Isaiah on this one? Rocking with double B Bill Belichick?
Speaker 2: I was thinking, I was trying to rack my brain if there was a Jets double B somewhere down by the way.
Speaker 1: Did you see who they picked up? The Jets?
Speaker 3: Yes, well Greer Will Greer. He will also be making his return to AT and T Stadium very under the radar next week.
Speaker 1: Fun. That would be fun. Do you think he gets a win this week?
Speaker 3: I don't think he gets a winning, but I think Mac Jones gets win.
Speaker 2: I'll say yeah, I'll say the Pack the Patriots get to win on the road against the Jets.
Speaker 6: Mario, I gotta go with Belichick here. He's gonna find a way to completely neutralize Jack Wilson. So I'm going Patriots, all right.
Speaker 2: Steelers at the Raiders in this one, two teams still trying to get off to a better start both at one and one.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take the Steelers at or Steelers on the road to get a win in this one. Give me Pittsburgh to pull it out. I liked some of the things I saw from them on Monday Night Football, but I still think they get it done on the road.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take the Raiders.
Speaker 1: At home, Isaiah, Mike Tomlin. Let's go Tomlin all the way. Mario.
Speaker 6: The Raiders are somewhat a state of a disarray, so I gotta go with the and Mike Tomon.
Speaker 3: He's gonna have his team ready with the Steelers.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: The Eagles at the Buccaneers, two teams that are two and oh, the only meeting of two and O teams this week. I never want to pick the Eagles, but I think I'm probably gonna pick the Eagles in this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give me, give me Philly getting the win. I'm with you. I hate fly Eagles fly. Yeah, no, God, why would you ever on this show in this building.
Speaker 6: Ever.
Speaker 3: You gotta get some games back.
Speaker 1: It just happened. Ever, he's talking about the North Texas Eagles. Yeah, So that's the only way I'm not jumping across the table right now.
Speaker 5: Ok I got the Eles, of course.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mario, you got to edit out that.
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna cut the steel shot of my face on that and make that the dumbnail for the disappointing.
Speaker 1: Mario, what do you think I'm going.
Speaker 6: The upset here, guys. I'm taking the Buccaneers. The Eagles have been suspect on defense, and I think Baker Mayfield crazy to say you're going to chop them up.
Speaker 1: You know what. I like it, Mario, I like it. Go and pick the Buccaneers. That's that's a good one. I like you, but you're crazy crazy.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 2: I think there's a chance there. There's a reason I put it on the list. I think there's a chance the Buccaneers win. I just think Philly is too talented right now, and I think they forced Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 1: Into multiple mistakes.
Speaker 5: That's ultimately the case.
Speaker 1: Now, will they beat the Cowboys? No, they will not. They will get swept by the Cowboys. All right, I'll put that out there right now, and I'm not gonna take it back.
Speaker 2: Cowboys at the Cardinals Dallas on the road in the desert against Arizona, they go down to State farmn Stadium. It always seems like something crazy happens in Phoenix whenever the Cowboys play the Cardinals. Anything crazy happening this week, Mario, will let you start this one out.
Speaker 1: Cowboys get to three and O, yes they do.
Speaker 6: So some crazy things have happened in in Arizona, like you said, but they got the motivation this week. Anybody that's played a lick of football knows that your brother's on the field and they're going to play for their brother number seven out there, and that hurt that they're feeling right now is going to turn into rage by Sunday, and unfortunately the Arizona Cardinals is going to be the target of that raige. So staying there with my chest, I got the Cowboys winning forty one to fifteen.
Speaker 2: Oh forty one fifteen. Mario in South Texas, doing a great job as always. I hope you get all your picks right. Mario again, thanks for calling, Thanks for listening to the show and being a loyal listener all the way through. We appreciate you as always, and we'll talk to you again soon.
Speaker 6: All the time, guys, appreciate you.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 2: Sure, Here he goes Mario and South tex is always great. He's always promised us a big Text Mex dinner too. He keeps talking about these these enchiladas.
Speaker 3: Hey, I will go down to the valley. That is not a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we canna make it work.
Speaker 3: Go see Edinburgh versus Edinburgh veya game on a Friday night. Swing by Mario's crib on the way, have some food.
Speaker 1: I'm still mad at you. Oh, I'm still mad.
Speaker 3: I'm taking the boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was okay.
Speaker 3: I'm taking the boys, taking the make up for it. Not only are they gonna win, they're gonna cover.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, what is the line?
Speaker 3: Twelve and a half? Okay, yeah, I think they'd cover that too. What's your final score? I've said thirty eight thirteen this week. I'm gona stick with it, even with Trayvon dicks out. I'm just gonna go ahead and stick with it.
Speaker 1: Thirty eight thirteen? Got it? What do you think?
Speaker 5: I am my brother's keeper? Who said that? Micah? Like I said, I am my brother's keeper.
Speaker 1: Like, what are we referencing?
Speaker 5: Mike's going to be a little angry?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 5: I think that you win? Twenty seven ten?
Speaker 1: Okay, twenty seven ten?
Speaker 3: Man the storylines we would have about this offense coming out of family score twenty seven points.
Speaker 5: Twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, what would be a confident performance from this offic how many?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 3: Maybe not points or stats, but like, what would make you feel confident coming out.
Speaker 2: Of three fifty plus yards total and balanced the attack? Like one hundred and fifty on the ground too, and or through the air.
Speaker 1: That sounds great to me.
Speaker 2: Getting more guys involved too, Yeah, get a couple of receiver touchdowns, maybe one for Lamb, one for Cooks.
Speaker 1: That would be great.
Speaker 5: Sixty percent, sixty six runner.
Speaker 1: That'd be nice too, Yeah, that would be good. Uh.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take the Cowboys in this one. I'm going to take them big, thirty four to seven, Dallas on the road. Just get this thing done, get it taken care of, and a big time win for the Cowboys. Are pod picks this week? Which player will have a first or have the first defensive touchdown? If there is one this week defensive touchdown.
Speaker 1: For the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Bobby Bouche and we'll say non offensive, so it could be special teams too.
Speaker 1: Hm. So you're gonna say Micah or Bobby Bouschet, That right?
Speaker 4: If there is a defensive touchdown, why not let's go. Let's go Jay Lou huh m, that would be a story book thing.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: I'll take uh, I'll take Jay Ron.
Speaker 2: Curse, curse, give me Malik Hooker. I'll take Malik Hooker on the back end. I think he's the one.
Speaker 1: How do you think you have one?
Speaker 5: A couple interception running ability? Where are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: On Jay Ron? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man trying to find some fields, shutting out some guys nucketting there.
Speaker 1: The ball security had he didn't? Yeah, straightforward, Yeah, didn't. Didn't love that one.
Speaker 2: There you go, Cowboys Cardinals three twenty five kickoff Central time on Fox. That'll be a whole lot of fun for for this week, Week three of the NFL season. Hope you had as much fun as we did previewing it throughout the week. We'll be back on Monday with nine am Central Time to break it all down for you following the Week three matchup between the Cowboys and the Cardinals for Chris Beam in the Back, Isaiah stand Back, Nick Harris, and Kyle Yoma saying so long from the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 1: We'll see on Monday with more Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.