Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty, and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: I really am concerned about how fragile democracy is. I guess what I'm worried about is that the thing that keeps it on track are the guardrails. That there's a Supreme Court that's independent but not but accountable. There's a Congress that you speak your mind, but you're held accountable to basic standards. There's a presidency that says you have very limited powers. I mean, you're the top dog. When you're not, you can dictate everything. And I don't know, they seem to just we just seem to be chipping away.
Speaker 2: At all those elements.
Speaker 4: Why is the least popular president outside of Nixon in sixty years, doing so many exit interviews?
Speaker 2: People hate you. Why don't you just quietly go away?
Speaker 1: Desperate need to take one last shot at burnishing his legacy. I guess quick note before we get into the meat of this topic, and Michael in Washington State writes, evidently, yesterday I made reference to Biden and his advisors in his farewell speech and Michael suggests the new nickname dead in company, I mean his advisors.
Speaker 4: That's disrespectful, Michael. It's a bad idea, disrespectful to John Mayer, maybe.
Speaker 2: Bob Ware. So I'm going to just read here. This is going to be a segment where I just read.
Speaker 4: This article is super long, and and I just came across it fifteen minutes ago, and it's out the New York Times today, and I have had chance to highlight it. I'm gonna read. Joe's gonna comment as we go. The New York Times has interviewed over a dozen people with knowledge of This article is based on interviews with a dozen people who participated in the private push of getting Biden out of office.
Speaker 2: This is one of the first big articles.
Speaker 4: On this to come out yet, you know, three days before he leaves office. The headline in today in the NYT. I'm urging you not to run how Schumer pushed Biden to drop out. And I've just started reading it. I'm finding it fascinating. So I hope you will take Senator Chuck Schumer of New York sat in the foyer of President Biden's beach house, tired and tense. He had not slept at all the night before, and on the four hour drive from Brooklyn to Delaware, he had rehearsed out loud what he planned to say, reviewing note cards as he prepared for what he thought might be the most high stakes speech he would ever give to an audience of one.
Speaker 2: I'm already wrapped. Wow.
Speaker 4: It was the afternoon of July thirteenth, a humid summer afternoon, just before four o'clock, and Schumer, the Democratic leader of the Senate, was about to make a blunt case to Joe Biden that he needed to drop his bid for a second term. If there were a secret ballot among Democratic senators, mister Schumer would tell the president no more than five would say he should continue running ooh five out of fifty.
Speaker 2: Two or whatever it was.
Speaker 4: At the time, mister Biden's own polsters assessed that he had about a five percent chance of prevailing against the Donald Trump. Mister Schumer would tell him information that was apparently news to the president. The pulsters were saying, you have a five percent chance of winning. They weren't telling Joe that. They were telling all the other Democrats that what the hell.
Speaker 2: You pointed this out?
Speaker 1: Yesterday that well, Number one, it's just mind blowing that the president's advisers were keeping the polls from him and fully curating which headlines he saw. I mean, that's just it's scary and how clear it is that they're like, if he sees this, he's not going to run again, then I'll have to go find a job. Hey, there's a chance he gets reelected and I keep my gigs, So let's just keep the news from him. I mean, that is some serious puppetry.
Speaker 2: God, I'd say.
Speaker 4: If the President refused to step aside, the Senator would argue, the consequences for Democrats in Biden's own legacy after a half century would be catastrophic.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 4: If you run and you lose to Trump and we lose the Senate and we don't get back the House, you will go down in America as one of the darkest figures.
Speaker 1: Whoa happened anyway, But it would have been certain if he'd run.
Speaker 2: That's a heck of a thing to say.
Speaker 4: Schumer would end with the directive, if I were you, I wouldn't run.
Speaker 2: I'm urging you not to run.
Speaker 4: The roughly forty five minute conversation, which took place on a screen, didn't porch overlooking a pond. Was more pointed and emotional than previously known and helps to explain how mister Biden came to the decision just over a week.
Speaker 2: Later to end his campaign.
Speaker 4: They lay out the all the people that they talked to the knowledge they had. These are all people close to.
Speaker 2: The whole deal.
Speaker 4: Uh. When Schumer arrived at mister Biden's beach house that summer day, he could hear the President shouting. Mister Biden was finishing up a contentious zoom call with a small group of lawmakers who were expressing their concerns about his viability as a candidate, and.
Speaker 2: His back was up.
Speaker 4: This was exactly the kind of scenario Schumer had been hoping to avoid for the past three weeks. As he stalled for time and dragged his feet about having this awkward conversation at all, he worried that the famously stubborn president would feel cornered and dig in more. For months, Schumer had been concerned that Biden was going to lose to Trump and cost Democrats Congress. Now listen to this part, and you tell me what's going on here. It wasn't that he thought Biden was not capable of doing the job. During their weekly conversations, the President often rambled, but he had always rambled. Once in a while Biden would forget why he had called, but Schumer thought little of it. He was convinced that Biden could handle the job. How is that freaking possible?
Speaker 1: How are those sentences part of the same paragraph.
Speaker 4: Is he only saying that to the New York Times or whoever he's talking to, because he'd be like a bad American if he admitted well, And because he.
Speaker 1: Was swearing up and down to anybody who had listened that the President was more than capable of handling.
Speaker 2: The job at the time.
Speaker 1: So he's now because obviously he and his people are leaking all this stuff. He is trying somehow to thread the needle of this stuff being true. And yet he's not a big fat, stinkin' liar. Good luck thread in that needle, Chucky boy.
Speaker 4: Umm. He was uncomfortable with giving unsolicited advice to the commander and cheap about his future. Schumer, like every other Democrat in a position of power at the time, had chosen to do nothing. So when Biden bombed during his June twenty seventh debate with Trump, Schumer regarded it as something of a gift, a forcing mechanism to start an overdue discussion about the president's political viability. I remember talking the next day about how we thought there's a whole bunch of Democrats are like.
Speaker 2: Yes, finally, finally it's out in the open.
Speaker 4: We don't have to pretend anymore, as opposed to well, I don't let me read this for you. That night, the night of the debate, about two dozen House Democrats, including Jakeem Jeffries who is now or is the minority leader, gathered for a watch party in the community room of the Washington and Lunxury apartment blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Where they all left. That was a gas can you imagine?
Speaker 4: But the festive atmosphere dissipated immediately after mister Biden, pale and horse shuffled onto the stage in Atlanta and began stumbling through his answers. By the end of the ninety minute debate, I got to believe by the end of the first five minutes, like all of the rest of America, oh yeah, those who had been able to bear sticking around were in a panic.
Speaker 2: While lots of people left.
Speaker 1: I got to someplace I gotta go. Nothing mattered after that first five minutes. Mister Jefferys had a motto he often shared with this caucus. I've never heard this before. Calm is an intentional decision. He tried to channel it that night, even as his internal alarm bears, bells were ringing and colleagues were telling him they could not possibly win their seats with mister Biden at the top of the ticket. We gotta process at all. See where we are tomorrow morning, and we'll come up.
Speaker 2: With a game plan. Calm is an intentional decision. I like that. Hey, I'd like that too.
Speaker 1: And he was absolutely right to tell everybody, hey, hey, hey, calm down.
Speaker 2: We'll talk tomorrow. We're not gonna solve it right now.
Speaker 4: Schumer, who was at a fundraiser in California during the debate, had a similar message for the donors he saw that night.
Speaker 2: Uh we'll have.
Speaker 4: To see, he said, vaguely, I'll have to see what what what do we gonna do?
Speaker 2: Uh, well, we'll have to see.
Speaker 1: You know what we could have, you know what would have been theater if we'd thought of it. Of course, we just came across this as sprinkle in various clips from the debate about and then we killed Medicare, just to remind you of how astounding it was, how awful embarrassing many powerful people had seen enough, says The New York Times.
Speaker 4: That night, mister Schumer's flip phone started ringing and it wouldn't stop for days. Donors, members of Congress, union bosses, even strangers who fished his number out of a Harvard reunion book were calling, pleading with him to tell Biden to get the race. Hey, Chuck, I know you don't remember me. We played the high school football together, but come on, dude. Schumer had one simple message for everyone who called him.
Speaker 2: Do not be public.
Speaker 4: He said, that will get his back up, and you have got to let the dust settle. But if you can call whoever you know in the campaign, call the White House, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: Protect the president's dignity or we're not going to be able to get him out. That's why all of those, I mean, just crazy over the top. The most impactful one term president in American history. He should be on Mount Rushmore. It's been more transformative than blah blah blah. All that stuff is absolutely laughable, but it served that strategy.
Speaker 4: Some lawmakers thought waiting was the wrong strategy. Representative Jamie Raskin Democratic Maryland chose at first to go the private route, sending a letter to Biden on July sixth encouraging him to leave the race. One of Biden's top adviser, Stevershetti, assured mister Raskin that the President the First Lady had both read the letter. Biden planned to call him, but the President never did so. Then he released a later publicly if you remember that, saying I think the President he was the first person to break Remember. Then it started adding up, and then he does on work.
Speaker 1: He wakes up next to a German shepherd's head in his bed.
Speaker 2: It's a message. Forget about it. It's a message he's in the doghouse.
Speaker 1: The message is the Secret Service is tired of getting bit by your damn dog.
Speaker 4: Umm again, I'm reading this up more or less on the fly. I'm sure there's more good stuff in here I can look over and bring to you.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm loving. I know, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: You know what, though, speaking of the Godfather, the sequel is going to be better than the original in that the next chapter has got to be the wrangling over the course of was it a week ten days where we as a country and the Democratic Party went from well, the vice president is a damn moron, so the one thing we're not gonna do is just trot her out automatically.
Speaker 2: And a week and a half later it was.
Speaker 1: Like, the great visionary leader Kamala will take us into our future and we don't.
Speaker 2: Need a primary.
Speaker 1: She's such a wizard, she must be the nominee. How did that happen? What did those discussions sound like?
Speaker 2: Killing? He said, what.
Speaker 4: I got one more nugget for you before we take a break. But NFL action this weekend fantastic, especially that Bills Baltimore game that is going to be something.
Speaker 2: Can't wait to watch that it be.
Speaker 1: So you're counting out those teams that are one shut, one touchdown underdogs, jack I said, don't do it. There could be some major surprises. But can you yes, can you predict whether a couple of players or more will exceed the statistical projection for them or do less than that? That's all you have to do for prize picks, super easy and fun.
Speaker 4: I'm going less than Lamar Jackson. He can't handle the big spotlight. That's my talking head sports guy. Take anyway, good good stuff. Download the Prize Picks app. Sign up today, get fifty dollars instantly when you play five dollars. You don't even need to win to receive the fifty dollars bonus. It's guaranteed.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have done this.
Speaker 1: You play a five dollars lineup that they give you fifty dollars to play around with. As simple as that, you don't need to win. Download the Prize Picks app today. Use that code Armstrong to get that fifty dollars bonus. Akin Prize Picks. Use the code Armstrong Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: Run your game.
Speaker 4: Okay, when we come back, I could get in a little more of this article. It's got what Barack Obama said the night after the debate at a fundraiser and then starting the Kamala Harris conversation, which is interesting. Among other things we've got coming up, like the whole TikTok Supreme Court ruling and how that factors into everything.
Speaker 1: Stay with also also a couple of things real quick, unbelievable nine to one, one call dramatic, just a mind blowing and a comparing contrast California an insurance crises and Florida and insurance crises.
Speaker 2: Leadership matters, Man, stay with us, man. It's a six pound show and a five pound bag. I got a lot of criticisms.
Speaker 3: Understandably, we've invested more in Red stage than bluestags.
Speaker 2: That's in this book, that's in this report.
Speaker 3: For two reasons. One, Red States really screwed up. Turns of the way they handle their economyn and the way they handle manufacturing and way they handle access to supply chains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Red States are just screwed up. They have no idea how to manage their business. Thanks Uncle Joe.
Speaker 2: So we've been reading through this New York Times article.
Speaker 4: It's like the rough draft of history where people are starting to speak about how the whole thing went down a pushing Joe Biden out and it's pretty damned interesting. And I was reading more of it during the break and got a roll on. So we did it last segment. If you missed it, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. The debate had just happened. All the Democrats are in a panic. Chuck Schumer, the majority leader at the time of the Senate saved his frank conversations for King Jeffreys and former President Barack Obama. On June twenty ninth, to the night after the debate, Jeffries was scheduled to participate in a fundraiser in New York where he was to interview Obama in front of an audience in a fireside chat sort of setting. At a brief dinner mineting before the event, mister Obama suggested addressing the elephant in the room right off the top, because you got Obama's smart enough to understand that we can't go out there and pretend this didn't happen last night.
Speaker 2: Had great instincts love him or hate him.
Speaker 4: On stage, the former president told the crowd that bad debates happened, and while this one had greatly complicated the situation, Democrats had to find a way to power through it.
Speaker 2: Then they took no questions about it. Well, he was trying to defend the indefensible. I guess that's as good as you can do.
Speaker 4: Privately, Jakim Jeffries began working to persuade people, the White House Chief of Staff and others that Vice President Kamala Harris would be a superior candidate to Biden. So that's ground zero, patient zero for how that whole thing started.
Speaker 2: He's hearst Bengali.
Speaker 4: I see, yeah, Hakim Jeffrey said, we don't have data at this moment. The most but the most powerful narrative in American politics is change. Vice President Harris would represent change. Others rejected that sentiment, and so it just kind of, you know, nothing happened there for a little while. We can get through it. We think our allies in the Hill are wrong, said the chief of Staff. Schumer spoke with Biden. I pressed him to do more to I love this part to counter the narrative that he.
Speaker 2: Was not up to continuing in the race.
Speaker 4: He didn't tell him to drop out, mister President, Schumer said, the only way you're going to save this is to show up day in, day out with unscripted town halls, and people will be able to smell if it's spontaneous, and it will show that the debate was a one off.
Speaker 2: I think Schumer knew he couldn't do it. That's what I think.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I think he said, you're terrible, but not so terrible. Everybody's agreeing with me, So go out and be terrible.
Speaker 2: Some more.
Speaker 4: The chief of staff told mister Schumer that the president would put doubters at ease when he participated in a news conference after the NATO summit in DC next week. Schumer screamed, that's not even close to good enough. Still, Schumer held back Democratic senators who wanted to publicly call on Biden's step aside, even though he agreed with their assessment that they should. It'll only make things worse and we're not ready. He had half of the Democratic senators wanted to come forward and say he's got to go, and Schumer held him back. There's much more to this. I suggest going to the New York Times site and reading it. There's a lot more screaming behind closed doors and all that sort of stuff. Pretty damn interesting.
Speaker 1: And exactly what we suspected it was going on behind the scenes. Says they, you know, tried to portray calmness, and.
Speaker 2: You know it's fine. It was a bad nice I didn't.
Speaker 4: Get to the Obama saying I can't call him because we have such a bad relationship. So they had such a bad relationship from when Obama going way back to when Obama endorsed Hillary before Joe Biden had a chance to even run, and so they have a really bad relationship, which has been you know, hinted that and everything like that, but never stated that as clearly as it is in the New York Times today.
Speaker 1: Well, and picture yourself as Hakeem Jefferies, who wanted Biden out in the pride bar you're using is the genius Kamala Harris, I mean that's rough. How about Obama saying I can't call him he hates me, confirming yet another rumor, Well, leadership it matters, comparing in contrasting California and Florida will do that in an unbelievable nine to one one call, all coming up Armstrong and Getty, is she strong enough to do this?
Speaker 4: Or you couldn't carry my husband out of a fire.
Speaker 2: In which my response is he got himself in the wrong place. If I have to carry him out of a fire. That's I think.
Speaker 1: That's the lf LA fd's chief diversity officer explaining that if you're complaining that a woman firefighter isn't strong enough, well you shouldn't be in a fire, which is DEI for you.
Speaker 2: That's a weird response.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say, did you want to put a little exclamation point on our discussion of Joe Biden and senility and trying to get rid of him and the rest of them.
Speaker 4: Maybe a tease ahead in hour four, I'll get back into that New York Times article that just hit today. I also think I've figured out who the main source is. It's got to be Nancy Pelosi. She doesn't like that narrative that she's the one who pushed him out. It looks way more like Chuck Schumer is the guy who pushed Joe Biden out. And she's saying, why is everybody talking about me pushing him out? And me it was Chuck.
Speaker 2: Oh, but she's the source for.
Speaker 4: All this information because Chuck was telling her everything that was going on. Anyway, this New York Times article is pretty interesting. We'll get back into it an hour for The main takeaway to me is Joe Biden was very poorly served by the people close to him.
Speaker 2: They were keeping him completely in the dark.
Speaker 4: Not only has he got dementia, they weren't telling him the truth at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is scary, I would admit. Well, well, we'll.
Speaker 1: Discuss the next hour fair enough sounds good getting to that fabulous nine to one one call really interesting. Next segment one to just hit you with this. I'll summarize it the best I can. It's an unbelievable and really useful comparing contrast of California and Florida by the Wall Street Journal's editorial board in terms of their insurance markets. And it's obviously a decent comparison. You've got giant states, coastal states, populous states, states that are prone to natural disasters.
Speaker 2: And they make the point that in nineteen forty five a.
Speaker 1: Big act was passed that says states regulate insurance and the systems worked relatively well over eighty years, but some states have done a better job of managing their markets than others. California and Florida provide an illustrative contrast. Democratic insurance commissioners in the Golden State have for years suppressed rates. We've been talking about this. California was the only state of the fifty that prohibited carriers from using current catastrophe models to project disaster risk and also to price reinsurance costs into their premiums. Reinsurance just means the insurance companies have insurance in case the worst happens. They've been paying a different company to help them out if the pooh really hits the fan. That's what reinsurance is anyway. So wildfires, which absolutely have been exacerbated by the poor land management in California. It's not the whole story, but it's part of it. They've swelled insurer claims and liabilities. Insurance companies are paying out a dollar nine for every dollar they collect.
Speaker 2: It's obviously not sustainable.
Speaker 1: They've curbed their exposure in part by dropping thousands of policy holders in high risk areas and just leaving the market. Californians already know this. California has a state Insurer of Last Resort. It's called FARE. It's an acronym. Their liabilities have exploded about four hundred and sixty billion dollars.
Speaker 2: It's almost tripled.
Speaker 1: It has triple in a few years, and yet they have incredibly little cash on hand. And not to get too far into the technicalities of this, but if FARE goes bust, the deal is insurance customers are going to pay like super high rates to bail it out.
Speaker 2: Private customers.
Speaker 1: It reminds me a little bit of how if you have private health insurance pay many multiples what Medicare, folks pay for a particular procedure.
Speaker 2: It's just it's completely distorted. Da da da dah.
Speaker 1: Yet, insurance Commissioner Ricardo Laura rejected Fair's proposed rate increases while also saying you have to cover homes worth up to three million dollars. Fair president Victoria Roach told the state Assembly last year that the insurer in twenty twenty one requested a forty nine percent rate increase. It needed seventy percent to be fiscally sound, but will settle for forty nine percent. They were granted sixteen percent. So Fare is under capitalized, had only seven hundred million dollars in cash on hand as of last year, seven hundred million, and a liability of four hundred and sixty billion.
Speaker 2: Great system.
Speaker 4: I'm just curious what happens for people with homes that cost over three million dollars, because in California lots of areas, that's not hard to do. For those of you around the country, I could show you neighborhoods with two three million dollar homes.
Speaker 2: You need think these are two million dollar homes? Are you serious? Yeah? That's crazy? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Actually, I suppose you could get like a supplemental policy at very high cost from some wow, you know, Lloyd's of London or something like that. The secondary insurance market anyway, So to prevent more insurance from leaving the state, Lara last month finally let carryers price in their reinsurance cost and use catastrophe models. But he also capped the reinsurance costs. And I'm not going to get into the technicalities.
Speaker 2: But so it means that.
Speaker 1: Insurers might not cover all of the fire damage. Homeowners will face heftier building costs, but the Federal Emergency Management Agency covers losses of homeowners are under insured, which means taxpayers in Houston and Little Rock may pay for rebuilding multimillion dollar homes in California. And if Fare becomes insolvent, as it's looking like it might, all insurers in California, meaning their customers are on the hook for its claims, homeome owners could see rates rise by thousands of dollars per year homeowner as California.
Speaker 2: In Florida.
Speaker 1: In striking contrast, Republicans headed off an insurance market death spiral caused by litigation abuse state law. It allowed policyholders to assign their claim benefits to contractors working with try lawyers. Contractors would inflate charges and sue insures if they rejected them, setting up a costly claim by claim battle. Insurans lost hundreds of millions of dollars a year. More than a dozen failed between twenty and twenty two. Others left the market because the litigation costs made it difficult to obtain reinsurance and they had an insurer of last resort too that was in danger of collapsing. And our Governor Ron DeSantis, who could certainly be the next president who knows, who championed tort reforms in twenty two to twenty three that have stanched the flood of frivolous lawsuits, stabilized the market, and reduced their last resort guy's exposure. According to the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation, nine insurers have since re entered the market. Sixty percent of Florida's top ten carriers have expanded their business in the state, forty percent have filed for rate decreases, and the average monthly request for rate increases is now just over one percent compared to fourteen percent a few years ago. If not for mister Desantus reforms, last year's hurricane might have toppled citizens. Finally, they conclude federalizing the US insurance market, which some people are in favor of, would create a moral hazard and discourage state reforms. Rather than protecting California's Democrats from the costs of their blunders, Republicans should point to Florida.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea, man.
Speaker 1: Governance matters, policy matters.
Speaker 4: Well in California. That's one of the reasons I'm still a renter is where insurance prices were compared to where they're going to be next year.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially if this fair thing crashes and burns, right my god, Yeah, I know, I know, and I hear you in the other forty nine states, Like why don't the voters vote differently?
Speaker 2: Have a long, complicated answer.
Speaker 1: Major factors Iraq war being sold on the idea that securing the border is racist, that's going away, And more than anything, the many hundreds of thousands of public employee union members who always vote vote for whoever's going to butter their bread. They are, practically including the teachers and the nurses and several other big not public employee unions. I guess teachers are but they're practically an insurmountable political force because California is so corrupt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our friend lanh Chen, who got more Republican votes in the twenty two election than any Republican in America, including Ron de Santis, and still lost to California.
Speaker 1: Endorsed by every major newspaper in the state, said hey, you've got to vote for this Republican. He's crazy sharp, including liberal newspapers. And he's still lost because what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Right, And he says to us privately, and I don't think he would mind us saying this, that it ain't gonna get better anytime soon. I mean, it's just it's a mess.
Speaker 2: It's broken. Yeah, that's disturbing.
Speaker 4: Great scenery though, yeah, yeah, full that ain't falling into the sea right right. Oh, speaking of good news, blessedly, Christy nom has assassinated no dogs thus far in Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: During her confirmation hearing.
Speaker 4: Do I understand that nobody's brought up the dog shooting in the confirmation hearing the day Hanson Joe was predicting that that would be something somebody would work in. So, oh, it's a must A wonder how come they're going gloves off, the dog shooting.
Speaker 1: Well, and I'm not in favorite I understand, I'm I'm not speaking of myself. I'm speaking in terms of the sort of poop show that these hearings are as an amazing Heroni, who's clearly the dumbest person in either House of Congress, doesn't is she.
Speaker 4: Not on the committee to bring up the dog Well, if Tim Kaine was gonna lecture the second deaf guy, do you call yourself free and clear you cheated on your wife or the pregnant blah blah blah. I mean, if he's got to do that, why wouldn't you go with the dog shooting?
Speaker 2: Well, if I was mazy Heroni, I would.
Speaker 4: H Anyway, we got this nine to one one call. Pretty cool story about a nine to one one operator really handing like a complicated situation. Well, among other things. On the way, stay here breaking inauguration news. I was wondering how cool was it when I was there for the twenty seventeen inauguration of Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump?
Speaker 4: Because this is unpleasant. It was rainy, but it was forty eight degrees at noon that day. They're expecting a feels like of eight for this Monday, and that's why they just announced they're moving it inside, which really sucks if you're planning on being there. I don't know if you still get a couple hundred thousand people gathering out to watch it on TV screens or what, but it definitely ain't the same thing. Well, in January seventh of twenty twenty three, many people were saying President or Trump will be president again when health freeze is over. Apparently this happened other than one time, and they moved it inside. In nineteen eighty five for Reagan it was seven degrees. Other than that, it would be the coldest it's ever been for an inauguration, So well, that's losing flesh from frostbite.
Speaker 2: Cold.
Speaker 1: Sure, if you're out there for hours, because the length of exposure matters, I wonder it doesn't matter. The pomp and circumstance is interesting and fun and speaks to our peaceful transfer power and it's cool, but it's not the president's. It's like the difference between your wedding and your marriage.
Speaker 2: Good one.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Oh thank you, I'm here all week. So this is really quite interesting. This happened in London. It is a nine to one to one caller. They're equivalent of it. The the London Police put this out. Uh, they have an actor portraying the crime victim, but the rest of it is one hundred percent authentic and I think it's pretty self explanatory.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Hello police, what's the emergency? Peter delivery? Pizza delivery? Okay? Do you require pizza Livery or do you require the police? If it's the police, say yes, yes, okay. Is the person is the person that's scaring you at the property? Now, yes, no problem. Police have come in. Okay. Have they got any weapons? Answer yes or no. If he threatened to hurt you, tell me peperoni, If he threatened to hurt the children, tell me cheese, okay. The police will be with you very very shortly. Okay, all right, if you need to call back nine nine nine, keeping a separate room for him from him for the moment, all right. If I stay on the phone any younger, it will look suspicious if you're calling for a pizza. Okay, okay, Police. So we Richie Very saying.
Speaker 1: Wow, the kid was kind of yelling over it, but she said we've got to cut this off because it would seem too weird. If you're on the phone too long, but the cops are on their way. Get to a separate room. Wow, that's some good training. We've played some bad nine one operators over the years, terrible, but that was some fantastic training.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'd say she knew exactly how to handle it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the Metropolitan Police put out the word, hey, you can cough, you can tap keys. Our operators will find a way for you to communicate with us even if you can't speak.
Speaker 2: That's some good police work. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Interesting, they don't say exactly how it came out. I suspect it came out well, otherwise they would not have released that. On a completely different topic, we're talking a bit about the end, thank God, of the Biden administration. The fabulous Nelly Bowles, writing in the Free Press, was talking about his soul sucking farewell address the other night, with his ominous warnings about dark forces billionaires exerting too much influence on American politics. She quotes him as saying, today an oligarchy is taking shape in America of extreme wealth, power and influence that literally threatens our entire democracy, our basic rights and freedom is a fair shot for everyone to get ahead. I don't think it is, but anyway, Nelly writes, I agree there's a new oligarchy of rich people will manipulate our political landscape, and I, for one, am glad that our president finally sees the danger of Mackenzie Scott. That's the former missus Bezos and George Soros, billionaire political donors propping up untold numbers of causes. He's never criticized Mackenzie Scott, but I'm sure he was thinking of her, the woman who's thrown nineteen billion dollars at activist nonprofits trying to sway American politics. I'm sure when he just recently gave the Presidential Medal of Freedom to George Soros, he was thinking, this is the dangerous oligarch I will speak of soon.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: You know, look, I understand politics, I understand messaging. I understand that you're not obligated to give the full story all the time if you're trying to persuade people, but try not to be so obviously hilariously a hypocrite.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he is. I think he believes it.
Speaker 4: I think he believes the It's like people who watch MSNBC and think that's the news and fair and balanced. I think he believes, no, No, our billionaires are good, decent people just trying to, you know, help the country.
Speaker 2: Their billionaires are evil and scary. I think he actually believes that crap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could be wrong. I don't know. He is so shot at this point. Yeah, well, how much time we got?
Speaker 2: Michael too and a half.
Speaker 4: So I was going to read a little more from the New York Times article in our four that's out today with the most revelation about the whole thing went down when he was pushed out, and it was Chuck Schumer, not Nancy Pelosi that pushed him out clearly, at least based on this New York Times telling, which I think their main source is Nancy Pelosi, that version of which is the way it works, and it's awesome. But I don't know if you remember this. I kind of remember. They had a behind closed doors meeting like a week or so after the debate. All the Democratic senators wanted to meet with people from the White House like the Chief of Staff and the other people and stuff like that, and they just erupted and screaming at him, like God, he's got to step down.
Speaker 2: What is he doing?
Speaker 4: And the Democratic senators, So Joe Biden, if you remember this, wrote a letter basically saying, drawing a line in the sand, I am not stepping down. Everybody needs to rally behind me. Now is the go time that sort of thing? And Democratic senators were saying in that secret, you know, closed door meeting, did he even write that? Did Jill write that? Did Hunter write that? Is even capable of writing a letter like that? I mean, that's what Democrats senators were saying behind closed doors. And one of them, I forget which one, and a group of others agreed demanded.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what you do.
Speaker 4: You get two real like neurologists or whoever looks at brains to give him the once over, declare him fit, and they do a press conference and answer any questions.
Speaker 2: You do that and we'll continue to back him. Anything short of.
Speaker 4: That and we're out. Yeah, where was that story? And hey, Democratic senators, why didn't you go to the media with that? You were willing to let this guy run for president again?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They why is he president? Now? I mean they didn't believe he could even write the letter himself. Why is he still president?
Speaker 1: I'm really enjoying these preliminary leaks and stuff like that. But mark my words, the moment on Monday, Donald J. Trump says, so help me God, do not be standing in the entrance of the big publishing houses in New York, or you will be stampeded to death by Biden aids wanting to get a book deal.
Speaker 4: To tell all, oh yeah, if you're smoking a cigarette in front of the front door at Simon and Schuster, you're gonna get stampeded like it's the bulls of Pampalona.
Speaker 1: Unanimous decision, Supreme Court, no commie ownership of TikTok. Well done, soups, I say more to come our four. If you don't get our four, subscribe to the podcast Armstrong and Getty on the band Armstrong and Getty