Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about stock options. Will the options market crash, the stock market and index bubble collapse the stock market? So JP Morgan, analyst, states that the national value of options has surpassed the volume of the stock market and a collapse could occur soon. So all right, stock options very popular, became very popular during the pandemic. If anybody doesn't know what the stock option is, that's when you are, for lack of a better term, you're kind of betting on the future price of a stock. So the stock is at one hundred dollars, you're buying an option for May twenty twenty four for it to get the two hundred dollars. And it's if it trends in the right direction, then you can make money. If it trends downwards, then you can lose money, and you can actually end up losing all of your money. So options became you know, it's a way to earn a lot more money than investing in just traditional stocks and just riding it up. But it's also a lot more volatile as well. So what are we making about this option situation?
Speaker 2: This is really tricky.
Speaker 4: I was talking to Liz about this over the weekend and partially today. When a couple of things I always want you guys to look for when they're promoting any asset class derivative coin product, who is going to be the winner, and if things fall apart, who would they blame as a result, I will not be surprised when this recession begins to happen that if they do not blame option traders, robinhood traders, and speculators as part of the reason why the market fell apart. So when a notion of value is higher than the actual volume of buying stocks long term, it just really means that more people are trading than they are are buying long term. That's really tricky because a lot of people are doing like options that are expiring in the same day.
Speaker 2: So if you hit it, oh my god, you make a killing. Right.
Speaker 4: I've seen some people make two three thousand percent in a day that I've also seen some people get.
Speaker 2: Margin called right.
Speaker 4: But the reason why most people are trading so much goes back to what we talked about on a previous episode is that once we came off that gold standard like, it began to road an overall dollar economy, and people don't trust the stock market or the overall economy because for the first time in history, every signal of a recession is there and they're actively telling us no, everything's started. This is one of the strongest job markets we've ever had in history. I'm like, what job market are you looking at? So when there's a disconnect or dispersion in truth from the media versus what is really occurring, people are saying, hey, let me run and get a bag right now. As a result, if the market does crash, it's going to make the margins on futures go up. It's going to make the margins on option it's going to go up. Some of these companies will be wrecking bud business. And of course, I once again I'll always say it, as soon as we got into crypto, Uber, Airbnb, crypto NFT media, they found a way to crash every market at the same time while profiting from it at the same time. Off of us, we have to be very careful for all my options. Traders, Please be careful over the next three to four months, and there will be regulation that comes out around this as an active quote unquote safety when this market does crash. Now, on the other side, I do think the same thing is going to happen on the indexes. I think Vanguard will be safe. But as a result of all this auto and robo investing over the last ten years and with interest rates being low, when all of those companies like Well Run and Well Simple got launched, will not be surprised. In the next four years we see a smaller index.
Speaker 3: Erners.
Speaker 2: What's up.
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com, backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, let's square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in men, Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws border and families will.
Speaker 2: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: Collapse as a result, and it's happened before you can go look at SVXY back in the day, there have been some indexes or ETFs that are drawing down eighty percent in one month because of liquidity issues.
Speaker 5: So please, I mean, if you look at the percentages of people that actually have profitable option trades, it's like less than ten percent, right, less than five percent. I believe it's one of those things, man, you when you speak about regulation, it makes me think and I always thought this, right, if people are obviously making money, there's going to be a pullback, and we're going to try to get as many people out of the space if you look at the value numbers, right, but what does regulation look like? Does it become a new barrier to even trade derivatives? Does it become right, Yo, you have to have a certain amount of money to even become an optionent trated. Those are the type I'm looking and I'm like, Okay, I'm watching the space. I'm like, all right, something's coming. Something's coming because you're right, like, people are looking at it. I mean we could just be honest. They're looking at it because of the percentage of gains in a short period of time. And that's great, But what happens when it goes the wrong way? And quote unquote you lose shirt, right, Like, you lose it all. Like even today a great example, right, we had a hell of a swing in an astec. I had a call that was up I think thirty two hundred dollars by four fifteen when I checked it was down eighty one negative eighty one dollars. It was a hell of a swing. And these are the things, like there's so much volatility. I mean, we always talked to people about not putting, you know, everything in your portfolio into options, right, because the volatility is too strong and most people aren't even experienced, and so it can you make money, yes, can you lose money yes, be very very very cautious and make sure that you do your due diligence trading daily options. That that's for I mean, we talked about it. That's for live man like you really should be experienced if you do it, even if you're doing weekly calls like I don't suggest it. I still do it myself because, like I said, again, there's no way to predict the market. If there was, I mean, obviously there would pee a lot more wealthy people. So be very careful man trading, hask civil risk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I know I beat up on options before. That's why I brought up the ETF example. You guys can go look at the ticker svxy, which is pro shares short vix ETF. From in twenty sixteen, it was at seventy five dollars and fifty five cent. By twenty eighteen it got to five hundred and fifty seven dollars. I remember people were riding high. All of a sudden, all the volume went out of it. It went from in one quarter from five to thirty three all the way down fifty six dollars in one quarter that was in twenty eighteen and twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Pars to sixty six dollars.
Speaker 4: So if an institution or bank moves all of their money out of an asset class, there's not enough retail investors to keep it afloat. Always been alive. It's always been a misconception. I don't want you guys to end up in being cannon are for one of these atfs or options as a result, And there is even in the morning when they're actually on the floor and we've been there, there aren't as many people even on the floor traded anymore like eleven o'clock. Whenever I go see Peter and go see everybody, it's quiet. The volume has come out so much because of algorithms. Please be careful, and a lot of these options, the market makers are better than against you, and the algorithms are well.
Speaker 3: Please be careful, all right, Be mindful. Be mindful, ladies and gentlemen. It's the only thing.
Speaker 4: And we will monitor the situation.
Speaker 3: My graduates from my school being forced back drop drop drop backdrop.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Mansecurity,