Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm.
Speaker 3: Strong and Gatty and he Armstrong and Getty Strong, and that's arm Strong in Geddy.
Speaker 4: Yes, indeed, and you have a unique special opportunity that's low.
Speaker 3: We're done anyway.
Speaker 4: To enjoy a carefully curated selection of arm Strong and Getty replays, Enjoy Ben Sass.
Speaker 3: I wish I had known the guy.
Speaker 5: He's a he's still alive, but he is dying of cancer. And he's a small town Nebraska guy. I'm a small town Kansas guy, and I just I wish I had known him because he's absolutely amazing.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 5: He is like what I picture the founding fathers were probably like, if you listened to them talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he'd have made a good founding father. I think, yeah, well said yeah.
Speaker 5: And super smart guy, too good for politics. I just was watching the interview last night, and I've thought this many times. I've listened to interviews with them, I've read stuff, and we talked to him, and just like, why can't we have more people like this in our politics?
Speaker 3: Because they won't take the job.
Speaker 5: I guess most of the time where they won't say the things you need to say to get elected.
Speaker 4: I think it comes down to what does getting into politics for reward and what does it punish? And we get the leaders public servants we deserve because our politics are perverse.
Speaker 5: I retweeted the Ben Sas interview from sixty Minutes last night, saying everybody should watch it. Sarah Isger, who I really like, said, haven't seen a conversation like this intellectual, philosophical big picture on TV in decades. It's incredible. I would agree it was incredible. Let's listen to some of it. Here's Ben SaaS, who's dying of pancreatic cancer, on sixty Minutes last night.
Speaker 6: I love America, and I think there's a lot of big and meaty things that we should have been talking about and we still can talk about. And having a terminal diagnosis isn't really that unique. We're all always on the clock. Some of us have the benefit maybe it's a weird word, but the benefit of knowing our time is finite and defined. Then it becomes an opportunity to talk about bigger stuff and you have focus from that. Yeah, I mean it's weird to be in your early fifties and get a terminal diagnosis, and people all of a sudden act like you're ninety three or ninety four and you have a lot of wisdom. I don't know that I have a lot of wisdom, but I have a lot of things that I think we should be reflecting on together.
Speaker 3: Oh, and he lays out some of them right here.
Speaker 6: Neither of these parties really have very big or good ideas about twenty thirty or twenty fifty. At a national security level, at a future work level, at an institution building level, the Congress is not wrestling with bigger important questions right now.
Speaker 7: If Congress is looking at the wrong things, what is it missing.
Speaker 6: We are living through a digital revolution, which is both glorious and horrific at the same time, because what the digital revolution does is it accelerates almost everything about the human experience. Anything that can be reduced to a series of stabs, which is most economic activity, is going to be routinized and become really really cheap, really fast, and really ubiquitous. We've never lived in a world where twenty two year olds couldn't assume that the work they did they would be able to do until death of retirement, and we're never going to have that world again. And Congress doesn't talk about any of those kind of most fundamental issues. The disruption of work for good and for ill should be front and central. Congress doesn't even not have that conversation.
Speaker 4: It's an enormous conversation in the small liberty in me is concerned that Congress will respond by passing gigantic, expensive government programs that will be rife with bloat and fraud.
Speaker 3: I had another point I was going to make. It is actually more positive than that.
Speaker 4: Oh, but there should be thinking before the storm hits, in the same way that a lot of the world health organizations and our health organizations thought a lot about what if there was a giant pandemic, how should we handle it? Then when it hit, they panicked and didn't do any of the things they said they were going to do, which they should have stuck with. But a little planning, a little if this then that I think would be really helpful before the AI.
Speaker 3: Ending work as we know it the thing really manifests.
Speaker 5: Let's start down the road of Ben Saz talking about the role politics should play in our lives.
Speaker 6: What makes you a Republican. I'm a Republican because I think the Lincoln Reagan continuum does the best job building constraint on thinking Washington is our fundamental political community. I think your fundamental political community is your neighborhood, in your city hall, and maybe even your state legislature. And right now we are sacrificing a lot of our national politics to weird folks who want their main community to be their political tribe at a federal level. And that should be like the ninth thing or the fifteenth thing you care about, not the first or second thing.
Speaker 3: I would agree weird folks.
Speaker 6: He goes on, it's no secret that the current president and I wrestled on lots and lots of issues. But I don't spend much time commenting on our current politics because I don't really think our current politics are driving what's happening. I think it's mostly an echo of what's happening. I think we have really thin, shallow community right now, and unless people know the thickness of their local community, it's hard to make sense of what national politics are for I think sational political dysfunction is an echo of larger problems.
Speaker 5: That's troubling and correct I believe and correct and going to be hard to fix in the Internet.
Speaker 4: Era, thin shallow connections to our communities that sounds about right and feeling like really really strong connection to whoever is president at the moment right, and the two camps becoming more and more quasi religious too. In various ways, he got asked about what's conservative or not? Oh, actually, this is a clip they played from so Ben Sass was one of the yes votes to remove Trump from office after January sixth.
Speaker 5: He was one of the Republicans that voted yes. Was there a total of six or seven?
Speaker 3: Seven? I believe you.
Speaker 5: He voted yes to remove him. And he had to explain to his Nebraska voters why he didn't think a lot of the stuff Trump did was conservative.
Speaker 8: Here's some of that personality. Cults aren't conservative. Conspiracy theories aren't conservative. Lying that an election has been stolen, it's not conservative. Acting like politics as a religion, it isn't conservative.
Speaker 3: So I turned some of you off, I'm sure.
Speaker 5: And then more importantly to me, this conversation about again people the weird people that want to be in national office.
Speaker 7: Many senators I know would not be able to breathe without that job, it would kill them to leave.
Speaker 6: I don't want what you said to be true, but I fear that that is true, and that is a sign of a much, much deeper problem. We got a lot of people who serve in government who really do think the highest and greatest thing you can ever do is have the title senator or congressman. The best thing you can do is be called dad or mom, bluffer, neighbor, friend, governor, senator, house member. It's a great way to serve. It should be your eleventh calling, or maybe sixth, but never top.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you do in Your national sport is federal politics and your quasi religion is federal politics. And I can probably come up with a couple of more metaphors because it's morphed into this weird way beyond what politics ever has been the thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so what what did you you said? Our national religion and.
Speaker 4: Uh and uh sports national pastime?
Speaker 5: Yeah, our national past time. It's our number one TV show. The number one TV show in America isn't entertainment, Cosby or Seinfeld. It's what did Trump do today? And how were the good mean things said about him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's a it is our pastime, our entertainment. We think the answer to all our problems comes out of Washington, d C. And specifically the president. Yeah, it's terrible. It is absolutely trouble and not the way it was designed.
Speaker 4: And I agree with Ben Sass that a lot of the current weirdness we have in politics are a reflection of that. Because again, later in the hour, we're going to get to the casual embrace of like murderous violence on the left and some of the things that have been said recently, and you don't get there. That's not one step to get there. That's being way down a path that you suddenly embrace somebody who says we need to have these people's blood, blood running through the streets, we need to slaughter these people. People nodding their head. Yeah right, the whole radical chic thing. I'm not sure where we go from here. We're not gonna play it here.
Speaker 5: But if you watch the interview, the last part of it is about him being a very Ben Sas being a very devout Calvinist, Reformed Church Calvinist, and him talking about what that means to him and how he looks at death and dying through that Lens and all that sort of stuff, and then oh my god, the stuff about not getting to walk his daughters down the aisle or being there for his son when he's sixteen, eighteen, twenty.
Speaker 4: Ooh, trying to stay optimistic about that. Yeah, that was very very, very heavy and emotionally that was something.
Speaker 3: But who is there?
Speaker 5: Is there any way we can break out of this in the Internet era? You don't raise money with interviews like that as a politician.
Speaker 4: No, And I've got an extremely provocative philosophical question for you.
Speaker 3: Do we have time? Yes, we do.
Speaker 4: In a time where mobs are running wild in the streets, will of Ben Sassby heard?
Speaker 3: Can he be heard?
Speaker 4: Or? And I know a lot of my younger friends on the right would say, look, I agree with him, But if the Ben sass is the world, the political pacifists will get absolutely bowled over, bowled over, bulldozed by the howling mob. We've got to neutralize their howling mob with ours before we can even hope to have the samee conversation.
Speaker 5: Well, and he and and and ah and a Ben SaaS in most districts is not going to lose to a Democrat. You're going to get primaried on the right right and get and lose. Same same with anybody who tries to be anything like Ben SaaS as a Democrat, you're going to get primaried on the left by an AOC or somebody. Yeah, talking about public if you can keep it talking about how evil capitalism and how trumps Hitler. So yeah, I don't know how we break out of that. Couldn't recommend that interview with Ben SaaS, even if you ignore the government stuff and just do the child rearing, how you face death stuff, because it's really good.
Speaker 4: If anybody knows how to fix this, call me at home anytime, night or day, let me know, or drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong and Getdy dot Connau.
Speaker 3: Faxit to the President quickly.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show, Yeah more Jack, more shoe podcasts, and our hot links The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 9: A man calling himself Charles Chen reached out to me on social media over the following weeks. He asked detailed questions about my background, offered to pay for a trip to China, sent me a flight itinerary to Shanghai, and pressured me to move our conversation to wichat an app that is monitored by the CCP.
Speaker 3: That's a young woman by the name of Elsa Johnson.
Speaker 4: She is a Stanford University student testifying to something a story that we brought you a number of months ago about how she was actively recruited by Chinese spies who are looking for more Stanford students and scientists and research assistants to do work for the Communist Chinese. I am struck by the fact that was on CBS News and for all of the idiotic yelling about when Barry Weiss took over as whatever executive editor, the just horrifically ridiculous muling by the far lefties. It's obvious to me what Barry is doing. She's saying, that's a huge story. Yes, we're going to cover it. To stuff that is obviously a huge story that ought to be covered, like hundreds of communists at No King's rallies, for instance. That would be lovely, wouldn't it.
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 4: Miss Johnson goes on to discuss how the Communist Chinese agent attempted to put his hooks in her.
Speaker 9: He publicly commented on one of my Instagram posts in Mandarin asking me to delete screenshots. I had taken of our conversation. I do not know how he knew I had these screenshotso the FBI confirmed he had no affiliation with Stanford. He was likely operating on behalf of China's Ministry.
Speaker 3: Of State Security. I was one of at least.
Speaker 9: Ten female students he targeted. Since twenty twenty, after my co author, Garrett Malloy, and I published our investigation, the incidents worsened. I began receiving intimidation calls, where callers would switch to Mandarin and in one case the caller referenced my mother. Just this week, I received another call from US number. After exchanging hellos, the caller switched to Mandarin and asked whether I had finished dinner. I have also received threatening scam emails attempting to convince me to take down my reporting on this issue.
Speaker 5: Ah, that's stuff about get rid of your screenshots. I have no idea how they knew I had screenshots, or did you finish dinner, which I assume.
Speaker 3: Is she was eating dinner at the time. Yeah, just to.
Speaker 5: Let you know where got an eye on you right now, which would be this sort.
Speaker 4: Of thing happens hundreds of times, certainly a week or a month in the US, especially on university campuses which are teeming with Chinese nationals or Chinese Americans who have family back in the homeland and therefore have you know, points of the leverage against them. Yeah, she is an incredibly brave young woman, by the way, I salute her. This one more example of how we are the most comfortable, least aware superpower that's ever existed on Earth.
Speaker 3: We just don't protect ourselves. Yeah, man, it'd be sacked. A lot of us hate ourselves.
Speaker 5: It'd be so easy to just, you know, copy some documents from whatever department you're in at the university and send them to whatever email address you're supposed to, just to avoid the whatever they might do to your family back home. You think, what good is this stuff from the college you're going to do. It's no big deal. It's not like their nuclear secrets or something like that.
Speaker 3: And it'd be so easy to go along with that stuff. Yeah. Yeah, this gal she was.
Speaker 4: She was just reporting on what China was doing on campus, trying to recruit students, and so she wasn't even like a target for recruitment. She was somebody who was talking about it. And then she bashed Stanford for failing to help her deal with the alleged foreign espionage, saying that she was quote a freshman navigating a foreign intelligence operation with no institutional support.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So she ultimately the Hoover Institution, which is the conservative thinking, conservative leaning think tank that operates on Stanford's campus, as like a weird It's almost like East Germany back in the day, if you remember that, it was this outpost of in this case, sanity, in the midst of the insanity of Stanford. The university told her, yeah, we can't help here, and the Hoover Institution said, wait, what is happening? Will help you. We're gonna connect you with the FBI and get you some good advice and some good protection.
Speaker 3: Way to go.
Speaker 4: Hoover Institution, then the spokeshole for the ridiculous Stanford that quote the university takes any allegations of undo foreign influence seriously and has robust policies and procedures to protect students. Okay, I don't know what to tell you other than what we've told you many times before. China is actively trying to bring us down, and a lot of American society doesn't really care China's ass in short, Yes, sir, that's correct.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show, Yeah, more Jack or Show podcasts, and our hot links.
Speaker 2: The arm Strong and Getty Show.
Speaker 10: Two Army soldiers are in the hospital with serious injuries after a bear attack in Alaska, a spokesperson with the eleventh Airborne Division stating the soldiers were participating in a land navigation training exercise on Friday at Joint Base Elmendorf, Richardson when they encountered the bear in a remote area. Both soldiers deployed bear spripe during the attack, but sustained serious injuries and were taken to a hospital in Anchorage. The Alaska Department of Fish and Game responded to the incident, determining it appears to be a defensive attack by a bear recently emerged from a den, and initial reports identified the involved animal as a brown bear.
Speaker 3: Wow, soft on bear crime, That's what I say.
Speaker 5: And you joined the military, you don't think about being injured by a bear?
Speaker 3: No, indeed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's terrible. I'm glad the guys are well. They're certainly going to survive. Bel Oh, God knows what sort of injuries they have. We got this note from Eric in bald Mound, Illinois number one. Herrick bald Mound needs to hold vote like this week to get a better name. Wow, what I mean, like virtually anything would be a better name. Anyway, Eric says, I lived in Anchorage for thirty one years. There are many bear encounters every year. You should have an Alaska bear report weekly or monthly. That's a compelling idea. We'll consider it, and he sends along this headline report bear injured woman's backside while she was using an outhouse near Haines, Alaska, literally bit on the ass as she attempted to use an outhouse at his ill treatment. Second bear related story on the show today. By the way, if you've listened to the whole thing includes some would be criminal geniuses in southern California vandalizing.
Speaker 3: Cars while wearing a bear suit.
Speaker 5: Back to you have an I ran update for you in a second. There's a little confusion going on. Nobody's exactly sure what's happening. But are you following the whole missing scientist story? Yeah, kind of tangible, Is it real?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the guy wandered off, but I don't know. No, there's ten missing scientists.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, the news coverage is about at least ten scientists or research link figures that have been cited as either are missing or recently died in mysterious circumstances. The story has spread quickly because several of the cases involved sensitive government or defense adjacent work. Can't I can't figure out if this is like an internet BS story or a real story.
Speaker 3: Fox was just talking about it.
Speaker 4: I the last time I read about it, I thought, Oh, this is internet BS. If you can take the entire world of government, science and the rest of it, and a bunch of guys who were older, certain number of got you gonna die, and.
Speaker 6: You know what that is?
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm a fool. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I could see how you could put that together and make it work, though, yeah, do it with like ex major League ballplayers next right, exactly exactly. I was watching a highlight from Tucker Carlson over the weekend where he was talking about he said, and I quote, I feel sorry for Trump as I do for all slaves. He's talking about how Trump is a slave to the Israeli's needs and wants.
Speaker 3: Of course, Yanta Jews.
Speaker 5: I feel sorry for Trump as I do for all slaves. They can't possibly be friends anymore, can they?
Speaker 3: No? Tucker and Trump?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: Trump has said he's essentially he's dead to me. Yeah, I can understand why. So here we have Tucker. Are you used to Are you moving off Tucker? Or yeah? I was going to have more.
Speaker 4: Because evidently he's repeatedly, lately, repeatedly taken a praising Sharia law and suggesting that Islam and it is a totalitarian legal code, offer an inspiring moral clarity in contrast with today's Western decadence. He even announced his attention to buy a house and cut her, which he should.
Speaker 3: Because there's employer run this another time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know what's going on there. So there are conflicting reports on what's happening on with the whole ceasefire Iran blowing up all their bridges and power plants thing. CNN has said that talks are set for tomorrow, contradictoring reports from The New York Post are and others are that the US delegation led by Vice President jad Vance is set to lend Pakistan today for talks. Trump just said on one of the TV channels that Wednesday evening is the debt new deadline. According to Reuters, citing a senior Iranian official, Iran is considering attending the talks in Islamabad as Pakistani mediators worked to end the US blockaded the Straight of Horn moves. That's the first I've heard of any Iranian officials showing up at all, although that might be, as we were talking about earlier, the politicians and not anybody from the Revolutionary Guard who would seem is actually in charge of whether or not the Straight opens or not.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: I could conceive of maybe the civilians and the politicians, as you put it, saying hey, look, here's the deal. We can't get anything past the IRGC. Here's how you bring them to their knees. You do that for us, we'll cut you a deal. I could conceive of that happening. I'm not saying it is, but that's the only way those guys have any influence in anything. They don't have the guns, they don't have as many guns.
Speaker 5: And again to quote Donald Trump, he said, up in an Iran deal is not signed by now Wednesday evening, we will blow up every single power plant and bridge in Iran, which is a heck of a threat. And maybe he means it, I don't know. Okay, we'll keep our eye on this. Different story came across this headline over the weekend, and I know somebody personally.
Speaker 3: Who has done this headline.
Speaker 5: And the Wall Street Journal was students are speeding through their online degrees in weeks, alarming educators.
Speaker 3: That is so funny.
Speaker 4: Judy and I had a long drive back and forth yesterday. I'll tell you about it more later, but we saw some billboards for university or college that I'd never heard of. And I'm like, often when we do that, Judy, you'll like google it and we'll read about it together. And it was an online university. Well, and I was thinking, what would it take to.
Speaker 3: Get a lot? I don't know, maybe I get a degree.
Speaker 5: That's interesting. That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the online classes you can take at regular universities. The person I know, for instance, I'm not gonna mention the university because I don't want to get this person involved, but it's one of your big universities you've heard of.
Speaker 3: They have a very.
Speaker 5: Well known basketball team and commuted to big university. This person I know who is graduating here in a couple of weeks is going to attend the graduation. They've never set foot in the state, let alone on this campus. They did their degree very a short amount of time.
Speaker 3: It was shocking to me how they were done already.
Speaker 5: It said, this particular article in the Wall Street Journal was it takes most college students who are at the campuses at least four years to earn a bachelor's degree. This person that they quoted finished in three months. Yes, the person I know. I don't think it was three months, but it was really short to finish a degree having never degree.
Speaker 3: Or advanced degree.
Speaker 5: This was an advanced degree, but it's still and this one was still like a year and a half or two year program that they did in months, but in a graduate degree from a major university having never set foot in the state. Now, is there there's no reason why that can't be true if you're allowed to go at your own pace. From everything we've learned about colleges currently, where on average, I just read this the other day, on average, students attend twenty hours a week. I think of classes, right, that's including studying, studying and attending classes twenty hours a week. Well, then if you wanted to kick ass and do like forty hours a week or maybe even sixty cents. You might not have a job and run to really buckle down. Yeah, you could get down pretty fast.
Speaker 4: This person, you know, what was their situation roughly? Did they have lots of time to devote to it or Yeah. I'm just trying to figure out how much of a like blowoff easy scam this is and how much is just a question of applying yourself on your own schedule, because those are two very different things.
Speaker 5: I have no idea how hard it is, although from everything I read, a lot of these degrees are not very hard.
Speaker 3: You know, it'd be hilarious because my daughter.
Speaker 4: Actually the reason we drove back and forth is Judy announced that she was going to drive the two and a half hours issh to where de Lanny's going to law school and just have lunch with her and give her a little supporter. She goes into finals, and I canceled my golf game. Well, I found a pinch hitter, and I can't believe if I almost didn't do this and went with her and we had a wonderful day and gave her some raw raw.
Speaker 3: We believe in you blowed big hugs.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 3: It was wonderful great to see her too.
Speaker 4: Anyway, how funny would it be as she is just about to finish her second year of law school if I got my.
Speaker 3: Law degree before she did.
Speaker 4: Sorry, honey, the well I almost said, the College of Saint Martin and the Caribbean has a worted me a doctor of juris. Uh, but you're saying this is a legitian.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't think the issue is here that this article was not about offline online No, this is about regular colleges that offer their online stuff and because you could do it at at your own.
Speaker 3: Pace, you could just get done really really fast.
Speaker 5: What it gets to is the lack of rigor in you know, current degrees. It's just not very much work and not very hard, and they're dragging it out over four years so they can charge it for eight semesters or whatever and make so much money.
Speaker 4: But it's a resort where you occasionally go to informational lectures. Right, So what college is now occasionally if you want to, yeah, and everybody gets an A.
Speaker 5: And everybody gets an A exactly right. It's they've done this to themselves. They've completely blown up their whole thing. It's in the it's got to be in the dying days of anybody having any respect for this whole system.
Speaker 4: It's gotta be unless it does some serious reforming of itself, which they're trying. I want to talk to tomorrow about Yale's Law school and how they've realized, oh, people are mocking us and we suck and we probably ought to do something about it.
Speaker 5: Well, that's what I'm meant, and it's current incarnation, it's in its dying days. I hope it reforms yourself. If my kids go to college and we pay. First of all, the prices.
Speaker 3: Need to come down. Secondly, you need to actually learn stuff.
Speaker 5: It needs to be challenging, and you need to come out, like with knowledge about something.
Speaker 3: We've talked about that before.
Speaker 5: There are all kinds of studies that show that people come out of with no more knowledge than they had going in.
Speaker 3: Right, they're just poor and their ear lobes and death.
Speaker 5: God, wh we're so fat and soft and jacket and it's just amazing.
Speaker 3: I know, I am yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean one of the reforms that they al is trying to get going, and this is in until recently the number one law school in America is they are trying to move the median grade average, right, your average grade, They're.
Speaker 3: Trying to move it from an A to a B. What are we doing here? No kidding? Oh my god? Boy?
Speaker 5: Well, certainly in the last it started with the uh whatever they call that scandal, with finding out that kids got into with their fake rowing credentials sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: That that didn't bother me at all.
Speaker 4: Compared to the DEI and the Great inflation and the and all the Mark Neil Marxist destruction.
Speaker 3: All that didn't bother me in the least.
Speaker 5: You combine it all, though, and you you blow up me. Me Having I hear you went to Harvard, Certainly if you went in the two thousands means zero to me until I have conversations with you and determine your level of intelligence.
Speaker 3: Not the least bit impressed. No, indeed, in.
Speaker 5: Fact, makes me less likely to think much of you. Probably it was the other direction at this point. Boy, that's a that's not good bang for your buck.
Speaker 4: We're asking AI earlier, what does an economy look like if there's no scarcity, if there's a universal high income, how it it change, and.
Speaker 3: It's fairly mind boggling. In the AI could just kind of well it nobody's really sure.
Speaker 4: Uh run the experiment, Hey, AI, what is a society that's so successful and prosperous and safe that it just completely loses this edge?
Speaker 3: What would that look like? You know?
Speaker 5: I would get one of those degrees, but I don't want to spend the money just to be able to make the funny comment that I have an Art History Masters from the University of Kentucky.
Speaker 4: I was shocked how expensive it was to get an online like legit university law degree.
Speaker 3: It was damn near as expensive as going there. Yeah, we can do it pretty fast. Apparently interesting if you work at it. Let's be realistic. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 5: There's how much reading what? I have anxiety, so I need extra time on this. I shouldn't have to do the reading.
Speaker 4: Word from our friends at simply Safe home Security, you've probably or perhaps you've dealt with us. Traditional security Launch locks you into a long term, multi year contract with huge cancelation fees, and they were crap.
Speaker 3: Simply Safe is so good. It's so effective.
Speaker 4: It's a whole security ecosystem with cameras and sensors and twenty four to seven live professional monitoring agents.
Speaker 3: Costs a fraction of the old systems, and it works, no long term contracts.
Speaker 5: I've moved into places that had some sort of complicated big pad on the wall and never really even looked into how you use the damn thing, and nobody. You pay for the system and you don't use it. Too complicated, doesn't work whatever, And simply Safe is the opposite that you will use it. In fact, they earn your business every single day, because you can cancel anytime. And I've been using simply Safe for a very long time, like five million other people.
Speaker 3: Super easy to set up and use.
Speaker 4: Yep, over five million people Like Jack said trust, simply say you will too.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: You can get fifty percent off a new system when you sign up for professional monitoring.
Speaker 3: Your first month is free.
Speaker 4: Just visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong super affordable half off simply safe dot com slash Armstrong.
Speaker 3: There's no safe light simply.
Speaker 2: Safe for Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty The Armstrong and Getty Show, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 4: Here's your freedom loving quote of the day, continuing on. I think we started this the other day. As quotes from Carl Popper. Doctor Joan Reno sent these along and I appreciate it. There were some really good stuff here. The enemies of freedom have always charged its defenders with subversion, and nearly always they have succeeded in persuading the guileless and well meaning.
Speaker 3: Very much. What's happening on today's school campuses? Uh?
Speaker 4: You know, defenders of freedom are the racists and the bigots and the homophobes and the whatever else. It's that's not free speech, that's hate speech. Yeah, yeah, well said great Carl Popper. Mailbag, continue on with that series little brain food.
Speaker 3: For you to chew on. Huh, brain food for a Monday. I don't know if I can handle it.
Speaker 4: Drop us to know, would you please mail bag at Armstrong Egeeddi dot com.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, it cares.
Speaker 4: I can't read that, Thanks Christ Henrino. It's way too complimentary.
Speaker 5: Wow, it's just we read all that hate stuff.
Speaker 4: Why can't we find something from somebody who likes them? I know, it's really nice. It's a lot of you good people write really nice things. We see them. We comprehend them. I can't answer all of them. Thank you for your kindness. Everybody's a grifter. Everything's clickbait right now in the world. We try not to be either. Some of you who are like way out in the ideological spectrum may accuse us of being, but we're not.
Speaker 3: I hope you like that.
Speaker 4: Perhaps you'll recommend the show to a friend to the duck Master from the crow Whisperer Kevin the Texas Marine with some congratulations to duck Master Jack for what my coworkers have called the crow whisper. That would be Kevin himself. Befriending birds can be fun. I've made friends with crows at my work. One will hang out on my toolbox and talk to me. A couple of my coworkers mocked me for it. It now leave food for them as well. Crows are amazing. They have their communications networks are extensive, and their memories last for years and years and years.
Speaker 5: My son Henry told me the other day. He said, because we saw a crow. He said, a crow is as smart as a seven year old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: They will absolutely remember anybody who menaces them or I've heard that offering them a shiny object in the springtime. Much like a methad, you offer a crow some like shiny like tinsely stuff or something for their nest, they will remember you as a friend and somebody who is kind to them.
Speaker 3: So I got to try. That sounds kind of cool.
Speaker 5: It always reminds me of one of my favorite jokes. The crows seem to be calling his name, thought, Kau, I love that.
Speaker 4: I just realize you may have made friends for multi generational animal lives. Can't speak for ducks, but crows and ravens teach their offspring who's a good person who's bad. Hope Henry appreciates this. Since my neighbor who fed ducks a couple of years ago now has several early spring.
Speaker 3: Am I going to be running from flocks of ducks?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 4: That being said, anyone willing to save a random animal's life is a good person. Update your dating profile with picks in that bid. Thank you, Kevin the Texas Marine. Jared, on the other hand, says, make sure to remind Jack to tell Hitler Happy Birthday today.
Speaker 3: It's his actual birthday. Right. Oh that's right, all you stoners.
Speaker 4: And neo Nazis school Nazis, right, right? What pot actually does to your brain. Later on in the show, Yeah, yeah, we were talking about I was talking about how the auto fill in Google gave me a really, really weird result the other day. I was asking about what do you call someone who is attracted? But I just said, what do you call someone who is and it said attracted to robots?
Speaker 3: Like wait a minute, what the hell? It was like?
Speaker 4: I meant like a doctor who treats the foot. I was looking for paniatrists and he gave me that, and uh. And Robert writes, my wife recently informed me that the prompts for potential searches that come up are evidently tied to your previous searching and browsing history, similar to YouTube suggestions.
Speaker 3: And that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty