Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This he's Talking Cowboys Screaming live from.
Speaker 1: The Dallas Cowboys World Tours at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Ten burners here, that's got ten cents any pay Today the Texdown.
Speaker 2: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: It's a wonderful Wednesday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas, in the s PC studio. Welcome in, everybody. We've got the whole cast and crew for ready for you to rock today with Patrick Noci Walker, Josh Roderiguez, Isaiah stand back with Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 1: I'm Kyle Yeoman, so glad you're with us. Come on in. We've got a chan review, Wei, good.
Speaker 3: Chance to preview the Cowboys and the vikings.
Speaker 1: Today is Wednesday, which means today we do have some QB vision. We're gonna be all it being you. What is that? Would you like? Would you like to say that again? We're gonna be what al obinion in the business film in the film.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, you're talking to the film in this case, I've been all to film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm ready. That's good, I've been there. Let's go. I've seen that take. Did you How did your thing go yesterday? What thing? You're a press conference? That was? That was Monday? That was weeks ago?
Speaker 6: Monthing?
Speaker 1: No, how it go? It was great.
Speaker 3: Introducing Neil Brown as the new head coach at North Texas.
Speaker 1: It was awesome. Jason Garrett, it was not Jason Garrett.
Speaker 3: There were a lot of fake names out there, and Garrett was like a I photoed into a bunch of them and yeah, no, not not Jason.
Speaker 1: It was cool. Yeah, I posted the pictures yesterday. I didn't get him on Monday. I got him yesterday. But it went well, it was great. Yeah, I uh, y'all will laugh at this.
Speaker 3: The president of the university was who I introduced to walk up on stage. So he's the president of the University of North Texas. And as I was introducing him, I said, all right, I'd like to welcome to the stage doctor President Keller, or I said doctor Harrison Keller. And as I said it, I started say President of the United and then I paused and was and everybody started laughing. The whole room like started chuckling, and I was like, dang it. I was like, that sucks. I was like, I can't get that one back. So I finished it.
Speaker 1: I said, universe the president of the University of North.
Speaker 3: Texas, and I said, look, I'm just trying to give you a promotion.
Speaker 1: And I was just making a joke, but he followed it up.
Speaker 3: He's great, he does a great job, and honestly, I admire what he has done with the university. Up he goes, I'm not sure people would classify that as a promotion, and everybody.
Speaker 1: Was like throwing singers. I love it. But yeah, other than that, it was really good. That was a lot of fun. That's good man, Thanks for asking. Appreciate But the funny thing is you told that story.
Speaker 7: My follow up question prior to you bringing that up was what did you what would you have done differently? Because I know you you're going to analyze the crap out of your performance. I was about to ask that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wad yeah, just the recD seven seven still make the kids.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows, but yeah, that would that would be the one. And I also I flubbed a word like in the very open.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like major or anything. I just yeah, but I would go back and look at it. You're right, though, I am. We're pretty correction, Yeah, we are.
Speaker 1: I try and I try and correct what I can. All right, Pat, Let's get into some news and notes today. We got a lot to talk about.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, Talking Cowboy starts at nine four. This for the comment section.
Speaker 1: Of the comment section, how many people who cares care about it? My two? They get upset, but they're still watching.
Speaker 4: Really quickly, here's an every day for you. Shouts out to uh nerd Girl as m R. First and foremost, give it. Give it to her. Yeah, she says her birthday is coming up on Sunday. So in the event that we forget to wish nerd Girl as m R a happy birthday before the weekends, let's go ahead. Happy birth hop in the chat, the fanomly hop in the chat, and wish nerd Girl as MR a happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh this song, it's a slide whistle. Every time it's.
Speaker 3: Been on that that machine back there since when Beemer probably twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: When the Star was built. Probably it's probably been on there from the beginning of the students. It's a slide whistle every time. It's that. It's my my mind. Okay.
Speaker 4: So news and notes first and foremost is keep in mind the Cowboys are finally back on a regular schedule, at least for the next two weeks.
Speaker 1: Thank you Jesus. Yeah what that feels like. But here we are so that for a second, geta thanking Jesus. Now we need to click that. Yeah, we need to clip that.
Speaker 4: So Cowboys are back on the practice field today Wednesday. They'll get back to it in preparation for the Minnesota Vikings. Practice will be through Saturday morning. Final injury report will be issued on Friday, which means the first injury.
Speaker 1: Report will be issued today.
Speaker 4: We will get a good look this afternoon around three or four o'clock. As far as the status of several people that we're keeping an eye on, most notably Seedy Lambs.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 4: Lamb is still working to clear his benchmarks so that he can hopefully clear and concussion protocol before the Minnesota Vikings come to town. Where it has it as of yesterday as well, he's still trending in the right direction. Cowboys are optimistic but of course, as we all know, and I'll say it again, cowboys have no say in the matter when it comes to a concussion protocol, right. So, but good news is the Citie Lamb. They've had several conversations with him. He's speaking with the medical staff. He's he's going through what he needs to go through, and he's on the right track. So hopefully he remains on the right track. Jadavion Clowney is expected to return to practice today, expected to play on Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings. Yeah, so barn any setbacks, and the same applies to Tyler Guidon as well. So Jadeveon Clowney and Tyler Goyten are in the same boat in that they are both expected to return to action this Sunday night against the Vikings as long as there are no setbacks in practice this week for either of those guys.
Speaker 1: So that's great news. Is well. Trayvon Diggs, that's.
Speaker 4: The other headliner we will see because Trayvon Diggs was a game time decision against Detroit. He did travel, but sounds as if they want to see more from him in practice before they activated him to the fifty three man roster. Now his practice window has already been activated, so he's seven days into that twenty one day window as we have this conversation, so only fourteen more days before they either have to activate him or he ends his season on IR Well.
Speaker 5: In Jerry's last available availability before the Detroit game, I felt like it was pretty clear that Trayvon was going to play in Detroit.
Speaker 1: What was the setback for that? Do we know?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't think there was a setback per se, and I will just.
Speaker 1: This is a talking cowboy Cowboys Network.
Speaker 3: The playoffs have started, sir, you didn't make the playoff fantasy both leagues, Wow, look.
Speaker 1: At you playoffs.
Speaker 4: But no, I wouldn't use the words way because some fans will run with the words setback and assume that that's what happened physically, But that's not the case. It's simply based upon conversations I've had, based upon hearing Shoddy Shoty's take on it, hearing Jerry and Stevens's take on it. They simply want to see more from him, So it sounds like he was close. He was right there, and they almost pulled the trigger on it, but they were like, you know what, let's give it a few more days, which is fine because he literally returned to practice last week ahead of that Detroit Nce game, which was a Thursday game, so many by. You know, if he doesn't return after this many by against the Vikings, then I'm going to start kind of flashing a red light on that and saying, you know, what's really going on there.
Speaker 1: So we'll see. But the Andrew report.
Speaker 4: Today will tell quite a bit. As far as all of those gentlemen I mentioned.
Speaker 5: What would you guys be expecting from Trayvon Diggs in the Vikings game? Like particularly, I just want to know what you guys are thinking, Like would it be a limited snapcount situation or vocational?
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be rotational no matter what happens coming back. But it also depends on the health of Klin Carson. To a certain extent, Carson's earned some more snaps, Trayvon Diggs hasn't necessarily earned more snaps. Has his contract has That's kind of where I'm at is at this point in time. Has his play warranted him being a full time starter?
Speaker 1: Probably not. I would see a rotation.
Speaker 3: He'll be the starter, He'll be the guy that goes out there, but I don't think he's going to play as much as he has in the past.
Speaker 1: Is that what you want to see or is that just what you're expecting?
Speaker 3: What I would want to see, I'll say it with my chest. What I would want to see is more Klein Carson. So I'm not saying that's going to happen. I just think there's more of a rotation than what it has been.
Speaker 1: In the past. It's fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I think will happen, is more of a rotation. I would like to see more Kalin Carson.
Speaker 1: No, I think you're right.
Speaker 4: I mean because we talked about ramping up guys back from you know, having missed time all the time, so this applies. Yeah, that situation. Trevon Diggs, like Isaiah said, say what do we now? Six calendar weeks? Yep, yeah, six calendar weeks, five games removed, Yeah, five games removed. Yeah, you're not just going to throw him out there and assume he's going to give you one of the defensive snap count. In addition to trying to make sure that you oppose this question to ebra Flus, I believe last week and I got another question for you this week.
Speaker 1: Here with flu tomorrow, I asked, tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is tomorrow, I asked, what's the the challenge of having a guy like Treylon Diggs come back all pro? The contract tied to it, the expectations tied to it. Cowboys need to see more from him this season with without accidentally curbing the progress of a guy like Savone Revel, Kaylyn Carson, because these guys need their reps as well. Well, that's why I want to develop right positional coaches and just developing young guys as a whole. Okay, well, you gotta be you gotta be wise in how you do that. That rep count. So the ramp up gives you kind of an out to make sure that not only Trayvon Diggs is progressing in a way that doesn't force a setback, but also still allows you to get Sivone Revel and Kaitln Carson on the field with hopefully a healthy amount of snaps because those guys have.
Speaker 1: Earned it as well.
Speaker 3: I find it hard to believe that Trayvon Diggs is in the future cards for this franchise. That's just my guts this off season contract. But that's that's what it looks like. I'm just reading the tea leaves is all it is is. Contract wise, relationship wise, availability wise, all of those signs are pointing in wonder and so if that's the case, I'm not that Kayln Carson has been a world beater at the cornerback position.
Speaker 1: That's not all. That's not what I'm saying here. I see the chat.
Speaker 3: They're like, I've seen enough of Kaylen Carson's to be fair, not really. You've seen him banged up, playing through injury, and when he was finally healthy, actually played pretty decent for a guy who hasn't had a ton of experience, and.
Speaker 1: He's on your roster next year. There's no doubt about it to be here. So I want to see it. I just want to see it.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying it's going to be a world beater type of performance and he's the corner of the future, But I also want to know whether or not a one of these first two or two first round picks are going to be needed for a cornerback, and I need to know if that's a possibility. Opposite of deron plan, So let's play what we know, what we're going to have, and at some point then those cards will fall where they may.
Speaker 1: And for not trying to sound naive.
Speaker 5: But if Trayvon Diggs comes back and he looks like the Trayvon Diggs of old and he's a ball hawk and fine all of that, Like, is that something that you would want to see more of?
Speaker 1: In that case? Are you giving him more steps than you would to Kalyn comes back and he's balling, Yeah, of course I would love.
Speaker 5: Even though he may he may not be in your future cards going into next office.
Speaker 1: He comes back and.
Speaker 3: He balls out for four weeks, which I I just don't necessarily see happening, of course, right, but if he does, there's no indication that gives you that sign be in.
Speaker 1: Your cards for the future. So I'm cool with it.
Speaker 3: Try out both guys, have both guys take significant nap counts and see what's going on.
Speaker 5: Someone is being unusually quiet in terms of the Trayvon Diggs conversation.
Speaker 1: Pathically, I agree with Isaiah.
Speaker 5: And I think we need to hear what is one koy Isaiah standback.
Speaker 7: Just just just want to make sure that we're in the same page. Yeah, we're talking about the highest paid defensive player on your on your roster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, currently, Yes, yes, we are trying out. That's what I'm saying. I just I just stated what I believe. I just want to make sure that I'm clear.
Speaker 7: I don't want to assume, Mama, you should always tell me that an assumer is not a good thing.
Speaker 1: Can't say that on there. But but I want to make sure that we're talking about the same person.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: How many weeks? Six six? How many games? Four left? Five hundred and fifty eight thousand dollars per game? Right? Why why are you watching his pocket? I'm not watching it public information. I urge you on a pocket? So watching me? And how long it takes me to make five hundred fifty eight thousand dollars? How long? Two shows? A lot longer than one week? One and a half? Did you say two shows? Derek? That's taught clearly, I need to read negotiation. There are there are we We just got to wait and see. I am with you. I already said that. I said this earlier in the week.
Speaker 4: I don't foresee him being on the roster next year unless he just comes back and intercepts everything that comes his direction.
Speaker 1: I don't forgee it happening. If he comes out and balls out and is a lockdown corner.
Speaker 7: Even then, even then, I don't see him staying. Even then, I don't see him saying a team. I think it's a heating. I don't believe this is my opinion. I don't believe that he fits the characteristics of this defense. Not even talking about physical attributes. I'm talking about character. I'm talking about the team. I don't believe that he fits it.
Speaker 3: Characteristics, but impact character in all I don't know the man personally like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know him like that. So I mean, I'm speaking upon what I've seen.
Speaker 7: I'm speaking upon how i've seen him move, you know, whether it be training camp, whether it be around the building, whether.
Speaker 4: It be So that's how I perceive it. Okay, I could be completely wrong. That's just my opinion. I don't see that fitting here.
Speaker 7: So if he comes back in balls out awesome, Hopefully it helps the case and the Cowboys potentially you know, very slim chance making the playoffs. But ultimately, if he does that, he helps his case in terms of where he can go, because I think that they would use that as trade.
Speaker 4: I think the bigger question to your point is, all right, so we're talking to macro when it comes to trivia on Tiggy, let's just let's just make it the micro At the end of the day, two things have to occur for Treyvon Diggs to remain in the future for the Dallas Cowboys. One is he has to return and play lights out, Yeah, to show the ball hawk. It has to remind them of what is contract, what is right exactly. The other thing is is it capable. I'm going to say, you can't have one without the other. He could come back and ball out. If this other piece doesn't doesn't fit, it's still not going to work. And that other piece is can he and Matt Eberflus get along because and I'm not saying that. I'm not saying that they're beefing, Okay, what I'm saying is that there's a clear rift between the two that's not being it's being managed well.
Speaker 1: But there's this air there. Yeah, there's an air, and you can tell that there's an air.
Speaker 4: And if anyone's paying attention, that's not just us walking around the building.
Speaker 1: There are fans who've picked up on it.
Speaker 4: And all the fans are getting are ebra Flus's videos on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 1: Come I'm still he's locked in. I'm locked I'm sorry. I'm sorry, bro, just thinking he didn't even leave the line of script.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm.
Speaker 1: A line judge.
Speaker 4: But no, seriously, I think both of those things has to happen. Like he has to come back and ball out and remind everyone what he's capable of, including the front office. But he and ebra Flus again, I'm not saying that they're beefing, but it's clear that he and nebra Flus are not buddy buddy, you know what I mean. So ebra Flus has to be convinced that he's boughty and then at the same time, the Cowboys need to be convinced that eber Flus the DC of the future.
Speaker 1: So I mean that they're coming SA but it's even beyond that. I agree. Let's add on top of that, go back to training camp, but go back to the off season. Yes, yeah, Like this isn't just a football thing right now, and when you've been bubbling since the summer, since.
Speaker 4: The summer, right so, when you give somebody a contract, this is a former player talking.
Speaker 1: When you give somebody a big boy.
Speaker 7: Contract, the largest contract on that side of the ball, the big draws that you're paying them, yes, for what they've shown you that they can do, but you're also paying them for what they can do in the future, in the future and the culture that they can impose upon everybody else around them. And when you pay somebody at the top, there's a responsibility comes with that. It's just it's like a quarterback. You pay a quarterback, he's responsible, whether he wants to or not, for his actions and how he impacts everybody else around him.
Speaker 1: It's just is what it is. It's no different when you have.
Speaker 7: The highest paycheck on one side of the ball on defense, that comes with it.
Speaker 3: If you can't give a quick example to this, how much did we talk about Ceedee Lamb and his ability to impact positively the locker room and the guys around him as a leader in the room.
Speaker 1: Prior to the contract, we talked about it, said you need to see it, you need to see it, you need to see it. Finally you saw it.
Speaker 3: Click, then it gets paid and it's taking a step forward. He is a leader in the room, Dak. Of course, he's a quarterback. That's going to happen regardless. Look at the other top quarterback or top contracts.
Speaker 1: But in the building here it's fine.
Speaker 3: But look at the other top contracts on the roster right now, Dak Prescott, Ceedee lamb Quinn and Williams, Tyler Smith, to Ron Bland, Terrence Steele, oh so Igizua, Kenny Clark, Jake Ferguson. Would you say all of those guys are leaders at their position?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, absolute percent.
Speaker 3: One guy that's a name in there is Trayvon Diggs. Would you agree that he is a leader at his position? No, And that's kind of where the conversation is, just to add to.
Speaker 7: What it No, I agree, I thank you for that, for the information. Yeah, there's nothing else to be said. I don't see him for it. I don't foresee and be here. I hope that he gets healthy, I hope that he comes back and is able to have an impact, and I hope that the rest of his career is amazing.
Speaker 1: I just don't foresee it being here. Yeah.
Speaker 3: One thing that we've seen from Brian Schottenheimer in is one season now closing in on twelve months of being a head coach in the NFL. One thing he has consistently shown is that regardless of what the contract situation looks like, what the roster status looks like, what your ability is off the field, and not even availability or whatever that ends up being all of those factors. If you can play ball, you're getting snaps. If you're playing ball, you can get snaps. With the exception of maybe the linebacker.
Speaker 1: Room with thank you for clarifying yesterday, I appreciate it. Every other spot on the roster you can argue that that's been the case.
Speaker 7: And also he's also in him and the rest of his organization has put everybody unnoticed. And we said this, regardless of what your check says, if you don't fit what they want exactly, you're not here. One thing to say it, another thing to act on it. And they acted on it this year. And we said when that happened, everybody's been put on notice.
Speaker 5: Tv D and it's been a tumultuous year for Trayvon Diggs to say the.
Speaker 4: Least I'll say this and we'll get to the break, and I've said this. I said it when it happened, actually before it happened, and I was like, if this thing goes left with Micaeh, I don't know how things get back right with the organization a Treyvon. Things went left with Micah and what do you know? He was, oh, all right, yeah, on to QBAL way.
Speaker 3: All right, when we come back here on Talking Cowboys, We're going to QB Vision. We're gonna preview the Cowboys offense taking on the Minnesota Vikings defense this week.
Speaker 1: More to come right after this.
Speaker 8: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build the future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and jen Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 3: We're with you.
Speaker 8: That's our promise to you, because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing.
Speaker 1: We're with you. Where are United Cowboys Vans? We've got big news.
Speaker 3: Black Rifle Energy is now available at Texas seven eleven stores, and for a limited time, you can score two cans for just six dollars at participating location. These cans pack a serious punch, two hundred milligrams of caffeine, veteran crafted flavor, and the clean energy you need.
Speaker 1: To power through those long days.
Speaker 3: So the next time you roll into your neighborhood seven eleven Here in Texas. Grab that two for six dollars Black Rifle Energy deal and fuel up the American Way. Black Rifle Coffee America's coffee.
Speaker 1: How's it going. You see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I watched. I've been seeing some good things totally. They have some talent.
Speaker 7: You have some great talent, and they got some fight hoping this is the year.
Speaker 1: Me too. Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis. Nice to meet you. Travis, Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 4: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 1: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 6: Bank of America the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys, Copyright twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Bank of America Corporation at.
Speaker 6: AT and T. We guarantee our network so you can talk college football with your bff while taking Buster to the vet.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, I can't believiate the whole thing of chicken wings, and I can't believe we're staging a comeback. Staying connected matters.
Speaker 6: That's why, in the rare event of a network outage, you'll automatically get a bill credit for a full day's service for while it's downtime, lasting sixt minutes and more caused by single incident impacting ten more towers must be connected to imact tow don't set about it. Restrictions and exclusion applye eet dot Com slash guarantee for full details.
Speaker 1: To the Talking Cowboys back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This segment of the show is brought to you by Invisi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys, Patrick no C Walker Josh Rod Reguez first mehim in the back of Kyle Yeoman's Let's hand things over to the nearly fired Isaiah Camback for some fire on his QB vision today. Let's time, let's let's let's hear it sounded.
Speaker 1: Why Eddie, Why Ladie? It's time. It was the problem last week is with Isaiah's stand back. All right, it's talk about the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 7: There's a defensive coordinator over there who's very well respected.
Speaker 1: Does anybody know his name? What's his name?
Speaker 7: Isaiah B Flow b Flows what they call its.
Speaker 1: Former head coach in Miami. Don't always really liked him. I've always liked Beef be Flow his scheme and everything. Very very good dude, very admirable individual.
Speaker 4: He says it with his chest at all times and stands on business and he doesn't really lie, so things kind of come to fruition with him.
Speaker 1: He is impactful.
Speaker 7: He was one of the most respected of his coordinators in the league simply because of the fact.
Speaker 1: He does what Josh, He's very good. He's very good. He applies pressure. I was like, where are you going, Kevin hard commercially hold on and Lebron.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he applies pressure. Be flow, apply applies. It's like, where are you going? Want to not lead me anywhere? I thought you were there. I thought you caught that value John Stockton past.
Speaker 9: You did not set me up for success on that mere man, and then you told him the wrong wrong.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like Kyle the best one Car WII film is all right, They're all good. He's like foreign, no, but let's get to a B.
Speaker 7: Flow applies a lot of pressure, and he does so not in the most I'm gonna say most elaborate or I wouldn't say creative, but it's it's not what's the what's the word I'm looking for?
Speaker 1: I can't even think about the word.
Speaker 7: It's nothing crazy, right, You're not seeing people flying around exotic.
Speaker 1: That's the word I was looking for. Come on, they're not exotic looks.
Speaker 7: You know, you face some defensive coordinators and when they're doing a lot of things that are confusing, they'll bringing guys from the corner. They're bringing guys in a safety position. Safety is are running all over the place or at the line of scrimmage or running back. You have to identify who's coming who's It's not all that these guys line up very simplistic.
Speaker 1: It's almost the same look every time.
Speaker 7: They're gonna come out in a three down line or they're gonna come out in a four down line, and they like to play overhangs with their with their linebackers. What I mean by overhangs is if you have a four down set, three linebackers, they like to walk their outside linebackers on each side outside the tackle box or tight end box. They like to ensure that they always have a cap on your formation right, meaning that they always are looking outside in.
Speaker 1: They don't want to be looking inside out.
Speaker 7: So if you come out in a base formation, two tight end set, one tight end down on each side, one ride receiver on each side, you're gonna come out as gonna be four down linemen, one linebacker outside your tight end on each side. It's gonna be one linebacker in the middle of the field, and these guys are gonna be the too high shell.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's what you're gonna see.
Speaker 7: Now, the question is who's coming exactly, That's always the question. Now the look is the look is gonna look simple? Yeah, the look is always gonna be simple. But you hardly there's slim. I have not been able to pick up on an indicator as to what gives away which guy is coming right, which guy is going to be the one that's bringing pressure. So four man look, I honestly think that Dallas has an edge.
Speaker 1: You like what I did there. They have an edge on.
Speaker 7: This edgeless defense because I think that if your interior offensive line can get a push, which is difficult against these big boys in the middle, because they got they got Javon Hargrave, Jonathan Allen, they got some dudes in the middle, Jalen Redman too.
Speaker 1: Jesus, they got some big monsters up front.
Speaker 7: That makes it makes it makes them feel confident having a light linebacker level.
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 7: Right, There's not a lot going on in the middle of their defense in terms of numbers, and they feel confident in doing that and leaving that vacant because these guys.
Speaker 1: Are hard to move up front.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they play sound at linebacker, though.
Speaker 7: They do play sound at linebacker. They're aggressive at linebacker, but those linebackers are typically outside again, outside the box. If you can move these big mountains up front, which again is gonna be that's a challenge in itself.
Speaker 1: With those three monsters up front.
Speaker 7: You can run the ball because it's like waves, right, anybody ever played hord mode on Gears of War.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 7: You take out the first wave and then you expect another wave coming right, Yeah, these guys have one wave.
Speaker 4: So it's that it's that front line. That front line is solid. It's a solid wall.
Speaker 7: But if you can get and you can get a crack and get in past that front line, there's a lot of space. There's nobody there waiting for you at the second level, right, you might have to break one tackle. So that's that would be my suggestion and hope for Dallas that they can effectively run the ball, especially when they come out in this four to three.
Speaker 1: Look those four.
Speaker 7: Down linemen again with somebody walking on the outside looking in, really really ready to put their hands on the tight ends. Where I believe that their most dangerous is when they come out in their three four look. The reason why I think they're the most dangerous in that three four look is because they typically like to go to that. It varies based upon their opponent, right, I don't understand. They ran a lot of three four versus the Green Bay Packers, and they were able to get a lot of pressure against the green Packers. I think they saw something on film leading up to that game that gave them a boat of confidence that they can get pressure on Jordan Love all game long, which they did. The reason why I foresee I think it's dangerous because they come out in that three man front. When you think about three four defense, you think that there's gonna be a lot of running lanes. Not the case with these guys. They come out with a their nose tackle who is right over your center zero tech. They take their other two tackles. They walk them out to five techs, which places them between your guard and your tackle. Now they walk linebackers up into the a gap, old school Mike Zimmer style. All right, old school Minnesota South and we know, yep, they walk those linebackers up. So you have two linebackers that walk up to the a gaps, and you also have your other linebackers that walk out to the edge to still make sure that the cap is on top of the formation.
Speaker 4: And they got some fast lineback They have very van Vingel those guys. I like him a lot, van Gingkle. I've always liked him as a player. Now, who's coming? Which guys got you don't know?
Speaker 1: You truly don't know.
Speaker 7: So that no indicate your center can't turn to each either direction. Your guards are forced to turn out because those five techniques are sitting on their outside shoulder.
Speaker 4: Your left guards he's out his left shoulder. Your right guard he's on the right shoulder. So your center's locked up. Your guards have to turn out. But yet you have two linebackers on each side of the center. Creates a lot of huge problem.
Speaker 7: Now, usually both guys don't they don't they don't bring pressure with both linebackers.
Speaker 1: One of those guys is dropping out. But who has to block that man?
Speaker 7: If your center's locked up, your guards are occupied, who has to block that individual?
Speaker 1: You're talking running back, the running back has to stuff to pick him up. Your running back.
Speaker 7: Now, being that he's so close to the quarterback, it kind of impedes the progress of a quarterback's drop, makes it very difficult. Right, So, because he's right on the outside shoulder the center, he can't the center.
Speaker 1: Can't go anywhere your line.
Speaker 7: Your running back is now being forced to try to hurry up and get up to the line of scrimmage meet that linebacker stop his progress while without impeding your quarterbacks drop or iih leaders to throw or timing makes it very hard. So, even though these are very simplistic looks.
Speaker 4: They create challenges because the communication and the execution of your blocks has to be on point.
Speaker 1: It will look the exact same.
Speaker 7: Almost every single play, but this hey, Josh, you're going this time. Hey you know no, see you're going this time.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: They don't know either way. Your running back is freaking looking all day long. He can't get out in routes. He has to block into a gaps, and your tackles and your guards have to communicate so well because guys are walked up, they're dropping out right now, another guy's coming and you got to get your eyes to the side. It's a lot going on without it looking like a lot going on, right, So it's very simplistic for them to run and it allows for them to play fast defensively.
Speaker 1: That's their front line.
Speaker 3: Can I ask a question, Yeah, have you gotten to the blitz percentage yet?
Speaker 1: Have you talked? You know what?
Speaker 7: You're going to get to that album? I'm sure that my analytics guy will will get to that. I don't even have to look at its high Okay, Yeah, so I think it's the highest one top it like forty.
Speaker 1: Nine percent blitz rate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on the season, that's eight percent higher than any other team in the league forty nine, So that.
Speaker 5: That seems like a lot Kyle half the time they are blitzing.
Speaker 7: Now when they say when you say blitz, that means that they're bringing one x one extra guy and you don't know who that guy is.
Speaker 3: Don't know because of the disguise and because of the way that they line up at the line of scrimmage. Based off of what you're just saying, when you look at Dak Prescott, what's one of the things that he's been very good against throughout his career.
Speaker 7: Dack Prescott has one hundred and forty some odd percent a completion or a QB rating versus.
Speaker 3: Blitz one zero six QB rating against the blitz ninety seven point six against without a blitz, with no blitz, So he's been better against the blitz than he has been without it. Does that change any kind of thinking from Brian floores his sort of scheme, sort of scenario this week, knowing that he's gone up against the quarterback that can read and decipher and change the blitz in order to have some success.
Speaker 1: No, because these blitzer are different.
Speaker 7: Okay, as what I'm saying versus normal Again, I'm not saying what Dak Canner can't do. Sure, but typically blitzes aren't not coming this close to your center. Typically blitzers are walking offline backer. He's able to identify it or outside pressure coming from the edge.
Speaker 1: I can see it, I can check to it.
Speaker 7: This is different identifiable, I mean, these are these are identifiable as well. But even when you identify it, my guards are occupied, my center's occupied. There's nobody that could turn these guys unless we just squeeze. Right now, if we can't just squeeze every every dog on press every protection, because now they can start bringing guys from the outside. So there's really you're gonna you're in a deal, no pickle, you know, so like they have to figure that out. But I can't stress enough. Guard play guard, play guard play. If your guards don't have the game of their life, it's gonna be a problem.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a problem.
Speaker 7: Now if they if they have a great game, you can you can take care of these guys. Defensively shouldn't be a problem, but the communication has to be on point. That's their front line. That's where they propose problems to me. Their secondary. It's too high shell. These guys are.
Speaker 1: Playing cover two, Cover four, Cover six, Cover two.
Speaker 7: Your corner stay up up, playing five yards off three defenders, dropping undernave two safeties over the top, responsible for the half Cover four. You have four guys playing in the secondary. Those guys are all playing a quarter of the field. They can play it out on the outside like they're playing man right. It doesn't have to look like off pressure off covers all the time. They could come up and press and still be responsible for their quarter of the field. Quarter cover six. One side is playing cover two right true cover two. The other side is playing cover four, and that's usually relatively easily identifiable by them But what they're trying to do is they're trying to play off bind but don't break defense and saying you can't beat us over the top. We're gonna make you throw before you want to throw under pressure, and we're planning to get tips and overthrows or we're gonna get sacks. That's what they want to do. They want you playing as a shell of who you are. You can't if you run a five step or seven step drop. We want you running three step right. We want you to speed up everything. You don't really run your routes at twelve to fourteen yards. You're running them at five today. Buddy, you know what I'm saying that that's what they want you to do. So if you could run slants butt naked open all day long, the middle of the field is wide open because those linebackers are not again, they're not at their traditional positions right there. Yes, slants, you say, like George Bakons, he's pretty good at that. However, put some respect on the on their number seven. Put some respect on number seven. Not for number of reasons, numerous reasons.
Speaker 1: I know he said. He said their number seven. Byron Junior is a dude, where did he go to school? He's a dude.
Speaker 7: He's a dude, so put some respect on him. Harrison Smith's been around for one hundred and twenty two years. He's still a great player. That's what I that's what I see. That's what I got. Dallas communicates well, and they execute their assignments in the blocking scheme, especially the running backs and guards.
Speaker 1: They have good games.
Speaker 4: You have a good day, and can this this Vikings offense and defense this team as a whole.
Speaker 1: And we'll talk about the offense tomorrow.
Speaker 4: But all to Isaiah's point, I need everyone to understand that, yes, the Vikings are losing a lot of games recently, the whooping they put on the Commander's notwithstanding. Okay, but outside of that, which is an anomaly, this defense has kept them in every almost every single game. Yeah, Okay, they have a couple of outliers. I think, like the Chargers or whatever. It kind of feels like the Cardinals going into it. It kind of feels like this is a defense that it's just not good. Is averaging throughout their losses only or less than twenty six points allowed per game? Yeah, and that's given the fact that who did they blow up against they had. I think the Chargers dropped thirty plus on them. They had two games that were kind of outliers, that kind of race that. So for the most part, you could say, if you remove those games, they're averaging in the low twenties as far as points allowed.
Speaker 5: And in that time you had really terrible quarterback play which put the defense into vicarious positions.
Speaker 4: Right, they're averaging in those losses and we're talking about the offense tomorrow less than thirteen.
Speaker 1: Points a game. Yeah, yikes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So point being, to Isaiah's point, the Cowboys win this game if let's say numbers wise, if they scored more than twenty seven points, they if the Cowboys score more than twenty seven points against his defense in the Vikings, feel pretty good about it. Cowboy shall walk away with a win. Yeah, I think that's the magic number. Twenty seven plus get you a win against the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you about Eric Wilson, linebacker twenty seven pressures since Week six, that was their bye week. No other off ball linebacker in the NFL has more than twelve pressures in that same time span, So he's had fifteen more pressures than any other off ball linebacker in the league. Is this just scheme or is he a good solid linebacker that you have.
Speaker 1: To be aware.
Speaker 7: I think all their linebackers are solid, Okay, I really think so. I think there are All their linebackers are balls. Are wall linebackers.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's just and Wilson by the way, for those that are going to be watching on Sunday fifty five, Yes is what he wears.
Speaker 7: Not no indictment on him as a player. I think all their linebackers are good players. I think all their linebackers are freaking cut the cord type guys, Like freaking tensions on that cable. You cut the cable, and those guys are wing when they're hitting you.
Speaker 5: Right sound and you have a lot of position flex with them like you like you're saying, they can rush and they can cover. And it's not that they're astounding in any of those particular areas more than the other. It's just that they're kind of good at all of those things.
Speaker 7: They're really like they're like super athletic, is super quick, their first five yards is nasty. Like they're not necessarily the like world beaters when it comes to open fields. You know, tackles and all this stuff. But like those in that box, they ain't own that box. Now, like them guys can go five yards and you're asking them to beat one guy. Oh they're gonna do that. You're asking them to play in the gap and get to the quarterback. They are going loose cannon. I'm diving grabbing Biden shoelaces with my teeth like whatever.
Speaker 1: It is. Like that's the type of guys they have.
Speaker 7: And when you have those, and this goes back to my point prior to getting Quinn Williams on the team. When you have solid interior defensive linemen, it makes those linebackers' job so much easier. I can't stress enough. Javon Hargrave, Jonathan Allen, Jalen Redman.
Speaker 1: These are big dudes.
Speaker 4: They're not just big dudes. Jonathan Allen very familiar with Johnthan Allen. Dominant defensive linement. Hard Grave has been around for a while, very dominant. Jalen Redman, big, big, old old school looking no right number two sixty one.
Speaker 1: But I mean you see him looking like clay Face out there.
Speaker 4: You'll see him lockup with but you'll see him lock up with your cinner and he just he's occupying that one guy, and you think you can run by him, He'll just put one arm out and just snatch you up by your whole face.
Speaker 7: Right, He's just He's just one of those big, nasty dudes. It's hard to move, so center and guard play has to be exceptional otherwise this is gonna be a rough night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and guys, I know they just had a shut out against the Commanders, but I think a large part of that. I mean, granted, that's shocking, right, shutting out a team like the Commanders, But they may have brought Dan Daniels back a little too soon. And the reason why I say that is he had nine completions on twenty attempts.
Speaker 1: Not good. Not good, Bob.
Speaker 5: This is a guy that just had a dislocated elbow earlier in the season and coming back with three weeks after that, maybe four. It's I think that they put him at a large disservice to his team getting him out there that soon. Granted, he looked fine in the hard knocks or whatever, but it was I don't.
Speaker 1: Think this was the team to bring him back against.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a team that blitzes half the time speeds up the clock for guy, a young guy, a second year guy who was returning and trying to get his his sea legs back.
Speaker 1: As far as the speed of the game. Again, that being said, they've never done that in Washington.
Speaker 3: They've never taken an offensive rookie of the year that won a Heisman in college and brought him back too quickly when they needed him to come back from injury.
Speaker 1: But they've never done that. Had three and nine, What are you doing? He's never done that. Robert Griffin. Third, I don't think that's ever hound here right now is all of Baylor outside right because Chris Beams brought it back off all right?
Speaker 3: When we come back here on talking Cowboys. Isaam mention the offensive line. He did, Josh mentioned the offensive line. Patrick mentioned the offensive line. Can this offensive line be fixed this week against the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it right after this. That means this is broken at AT and T.
Speaker 6: We guarantee our network so you can talk college football with your bff while taking buster to the vet.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, I can't believiate the whole thing of chicken wings, and I can't believe we're staging a comeback. Staying connected matters.
Speaker 6: That's why in the rare event of a network outage, you'll automatically get a bill credit for a full day service for Wiles's Downtown lasting sixt minutes and more. Caused by single incident impacting ten more towers must be connected to imact towern't set about it. Restrictions and exclusion apply. Se eet dot com slash Guarantee for full details.
Speaker 3: It's the official min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free ship.
Speaker 1: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 3: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: If you shout how about them cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink doctor Pepper you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 1: The wins will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 3: Cowboys fans, We've got big news. Black Rifle Energy is now available at Texas seven to eleven stores, and for a limited time, you can score two cans for just six dollars at participating locations. These cans pack a serious punch, two hundred milligrams of caffeine, veteran crafted flavor, and the clean energy you need to power through those long days. So the next time you roll into your neighborhood seven to eleven here in Texas, grab that two for six dollars Black Rifle Energy deal and fuel up the American Way. Black Rifle Coffee America's coffee to Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company, be sure to wear your Cowboys gear to a black rifle coffee look on a game day.
Speaker 1: Yet, Joe, who is the Cowboys here today? Are you? Sir? Josh didn't wear Cowboys at situation today? Fine thread count draw Hey, yoh, no, tidy whities, Captain. I'm not even done with the red at it. Josh is trying to show Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Baby, you can get ten percent off your entire order. Don't wear the Cowboys draws to the to the.
Speaker 1: Black at least on the outside. Yeah. Yeah, we were moving inside like Superman. Yeah, like Superman. You can wear him like Superman if you want to Captain underpants and composed to I could have said socks, could have I could have, But then you will Josh. Isaiah's literally looking up photo. It's the captain. We gotta keep going.
Speaker 3: We don't have enough time for this, all right, Cowboys offensive line when it comes to this week against the.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's that's supposed. I hate this. The Cowboys offensive line against the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 3: Facing the Blitz, facing those different linebackers, and facing especially the big guys up front. Is this a good week to get back on track for the Cowboys offensive line or is this gonna be one where they may struggle a little bit?
Speaker 1: Nope, all right, guys, I'll see you later.
Speaker 4: It's the test that they need after the test that they failed. That's the best way to put It's the test they need after the test. I like that, like that too, and I did, Josh. But I had a conversation with Cooper Bby.
Speaker 5: God an exclusive interview from the locker room.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't even opened yesterday. It was on Tuesday. No, it was on it was today Wednesday. It was on Monday. It was on Monday. Yeah. So, and it's up on the dot com dot com swallow Faster. So.
Speaker 4: So, speaking with Cooper Bby and Tyler Booker, a couple of things. I love how candid they were, two young leaders of the offensive line. They didn't pull any punches. Here's a quote from Cooper Bby, very very transparent, he said, and our quote. We didn't have the kind of energy that we had been playing with in the last two games at home. I felt like we didn't have that kind of edge. We're trying to figure out why that was, but that's the biggest thing. I just didn't feel like we had that same fire, same juice when we played the Eagles and the Chiefs at home.
Speaker 1: End quote.
Speaker 4: I think that's very key to note because that's really what's going to be the first and primary determinant on if they can pass this test after failing last week's to us. Right now, there are variables, and I'm not going to make any excuses for it, because they get paid to go out and do it, So go out and do it, bottom line. But it's also true that they had played so many games in a short period of time. It felt like they were flat in Detroit. It felt like they were playing tired in Detroit. Hate to say it, no excuses because you needed that game. Absolutely got bailed out by the Philadelphia Eagles losing in the way they did against the Chargers. So now here's a mulligan. Here's a mulligan for your offensive line. And Tyler Booker said, this offense will go as as we go as we take it. So the two young two of the young horses, Tyler Smith being another one of the horses in the interior. You talk about how important it is for this offensive interior to win this game. We're talking about Cooper BB, Tyler Smith and Tyler Booker, and having spoken with Tyler Booker and Cooper BB looks as if they understand not just that they because you hear the things about, oh well, we need to bounce back and we need to do this. They've identified that they came out flat. They identified to their quote, they didn't have the same juice, they didn't have the same energy, they didn't come out with the same fight. I expect that to change in a big way this Sunday. Really, I expect. I expect the energy and the juice. Now, as far as the anxious and ols, that's TBD, but I do expect. I expect that they will come out with a fire, especially having admitted openly on the record, I respect that they didn't have that in Detroit.
Speaker 1: I respect that. So now they know we're checking for that.
Speaker 7: This is this is the most challenging interior defensive line as a whole, that they are going to go against all your line all year a year, for.
Speaker 1: The rest of the year electively.
Speaker 3: Yes, not including the first fourteen weeks you're talking about from here on out.
Speaker 7: No, I'm just talking about as far as like their challenges collectively as a unit, those three guys on the inside collective, it's as good as it's the best have they seen collectively over the Eagles. Yes, the Eagles have a dominant one person, and they have Jordan Davis is another big boy.
Speaker 1: Who's who's a hoss? Right, there's two, this is three. Okay, three is great. They don't have one dominant guy.
Speaker 7: Interesting, but all three guys collectively as a unit, it's the most challenging that these three guys are gonna face.
Speaker 1: I could see it. I see what you're because.
Speaker 7: When you're playing against the Eagles, you have opportunity to double one of those guys and feel like you can go.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Jane Carr is a dominant player. You could double team. This is head up. This is head up. Each one of the all.
Speaker 7: Three offensive interior linement have their own battle. They can't help each other. That's the difference.
Speaker 1: We'll see how that turns out.
Speaker 3: Coming up on Sunday tomorrow, we're gonna preview the Cowboys defense up against the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 4: Wait, also tomorrow, we're also going to give them more topics to discuss in the chat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how the show works. That's how the show work. Yeah, we're gonna give them some story, then shouts out to the.
Speaker 3: Chat, Patrick's also going to give some lab coat as well tomorrow. And then of course Friday, we got to get your popcorn ready and the page as well. Lots of fun I had on this full week of Talking Cowboys from Patrick No see Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah standback, Chris Beam in the backup Kyli Yellman saying so.
Speaker 1: Long from Talking Cowboys, We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club
Speaker 4: Passasassa