Speaker 1: What is up? Mets fans? Welcome back to another episode of the Mets, the podcast series lost to the Milwaukee Brewers, best team in baseball record wise. Mets played a weird one. I mean, it's the twenty twenty six Mets. The experience of watching this team will always be an up and down and shockingly, we have a lot to talk about, because of course we do. This is the New York Mets. Before we get going into it, make sure you are subscribed to the channel over on YouTube. Appreciate you guys. Hit that sub button so you don't miss out. Big shot out to our members who get access to the episodes early on YouTube. If you're listening to us Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google drops right and drops review, download and subscribe. Man, I mean, just rip the band aid off real quick with this one, James.
Speaker 2: Just as a bad team playing a good team. The good team won two of the games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it started with Freddy Peralta being unfathomably bad, about as bad as he's ever been in his entire career he has. It's really still shocking considerably, been going on like a month and a half now of like bad performance after bad performance after bad performance. I still can't believe Freddy Perlta has ended up being this bad as a New York Met. No, it's shocking, it's sad.
Speaker 2: Like I was trying to go through the disappointment roll decks in my head of Mets acquisitions, who've been even close to this bad as Mets when they had when the expectations were even somewhat high and deservedly high. But people have been arguing about this a lot on Twitter about how this is like this really underscores all the problems with the Mets and David Sterns. I really can't see that for the life of me, this guy had a three four ERA for a half of a decade. I think it was a three two eight ERA for half a decade before coming here as like one of the ten or so most productive pitchers in the league twenty five or so votes, Yes, I hung votes, one of the twenty five or so best pitchers in the league. And this is like deployably bad. And this isn't even like normal bad.
Speaker 1: This is like Cooper Pratt and Joey Ortiz hitting missiles off you bad. Yeah, it was not a good homecoming for Freddy, so much so that like people down in the league are talking about, like, U, what is the actual value on Freddy Perlta, Because if he pitches like this, he's not a playoff pitcher. Teams definitely are gonna have to talk themselves into find the problems right now with Freddy and how they can fix it, because it's just it is kind of crazy the fall off that he's had. And shout out again to all the Monday morning quarterbacks saying, how you know you said this is an organizational problem? How how did they think that Freddie pelt is gonna be good? Another guy that can't handle in New York. It's just that the pitches are horrible, Like he's just become a worse version of himself for a guy who we thought was actually consistently good, there's now that question. And I as much as we want to blame David Stearns for the shortcomings this season, who saw Freddy Praulta being this bad? Who's like if Freddy prolt was a four ra pitcher, the Mets would be significantly better than they are right now.
Speaker 2: And it's funny the Freddy Praulta asker to start on June third, he had I think it was a three six or three eight era. Yeah, and this has happened this quickly, and even this start like it was really now the fastball just getting pieced, like completely destroyed. He also couldn't locate it. It was either down the middle or missed the plate. Freddie Prault in this game, he threw eighteen first pitch fastballs to the twenty six hitters he faced.
Speaker 1: Only six of them were strikes. That's impossible.
Speaker 2: A thirty three percent first pitch strike rate with his fastball doesn't make any sense. And like I've said, the last few starts, like it actually has felt like there are moments where Freddy's breaking ball consistency has improved lately, But now this fastball command is so bad that doesn't even matter anymore.
Speaker 1: Slider was getting pieced up. It was not looking good against the Brewers. It felt like every time that he was giving up a big shot, it was off of the slider.
Speaker 2: It was just I thought it was all the fastball. I think all the home runs were fastballs.
Speaker 1: I think he gave up a bunch of hits on the sliders too. Take a look at that, because the slider was the slider was horrible. The slider hasn't been good for a couple of starts. He's not fooling anybody. Yeah, it was three three hits on the fastball. I think was one of them. The edge of Von home run, I can't remember I think what I thought there. I just swear the edge of Von home run. Now, the Pratt home run was definitely a slider. Yeah, I mean, it's just it's a pitch that's not particularly good right now, and it's something that Freddy perwl To obviously needs because if you're a fastball change a pitcher from the right side, it's not typically one of the best profiles, and the fact that the slider is not doing anything is really hurting his value and production even more. I just I never saw this version of Freddy Peralta happening. It's crazy. As soon as he brought up the extension talks, he went completely south. Talk about a guy who has absolutely nuked his off season value. He's he's not pitching, well, I don't know what his value is going to ultimately look like it's a short term deal, prove it type stuff. No, just to confirm the Von home run was on the fastball. The Cooper Pratt home run that was a breaking ball, got it. Yeah, And it is kind of funny too with those two home runs. The Vaughn was a home run three of the thirty ballparks, the Pratt was seven. So again, that does feel like sometimes it is like an avalanche falling off Freddy praulta or he's pitching horribly. Some of it's not deserve, but everything just goes wrong every single opportunity. Yeah, and I don't know if you've noticed this, maybe you'll watch it in the next start. Watch what he throws. It looks like he's aiming, like everything. Feel like, even when he's throwing, he's like like this. And we've you've mentioned before on various different videos we do on our channels about how his extensions not as good as in the past. It feels like when he's throwing, he's kind of just like trying to place it in there. It looks like at times rather than like coming through and really throwing hard, which would also make sense with the extension issues. Yeah, it also felt weird.
Speaker 2: For him being back in Milwaukee to a degree, like just spent his whole career there, came up with them, and then like the kind of sad ovation he got when he left the mound after pitching really really poorly.
Speaker 1: It was just it was kind of like a surreal image. Yeah, I'm sure it wasn't one of his best memories ever in that ballpark, for sure, No, but they probably actually one of the worst. They gotta be up there for the worst. Now, it's just it's just sad.
Speaker 2: And again, like this series, you're watching Cooper Pratt, Joey Ortiz.
Speaker 1: Like Joey Ortiz owns the Mets. That guy has got our number. Jo Ortis took over the game on Wednesday. Defensively, offensively, was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I was just this is just and it felt much worse on Monday than it wound up being the rest of the series. They were closter games like this was Misowski for only four innings against this version of Freddy Peralta, but just felt like one team was there to play baseball and one team was there because they had to play baseball.
Speaker 1: He was so dominant, The Brewers had such a commanding leader on this game that the Brewer they just decide four for Mizraowski's fine, we don't need to waste his bullets. Right now.
Speaker 2: The mis Rasky conversations are weird. The Brewers said they wanted to keep him down to like seventy pitches in this start because of how long the layoff he had they had to rebuild him back up.
Speaker 1: They also mentioned too during the broadcast that they don't want to misstarts with him, that they still want him to pitch every five days. Yeah, so a lot of this, Like I think Pat Murphy said it, that they want him to still go out there every single day to keep rhythm, but they're gonna very very strictly monitor his pitches moving forward. And in a game where you have a seven run lead or six run lead very early on, I feel like that's a pretty good time to take your ace pitcher out in a game that you're guaranteed to win. Basically, Yeah, again.
Speaker 2: Thirteen days between those starts from Mizrawski. Very weird situation right now, but they're just they know more than we do. They're gonna nurse him right to the top of their playoff rotation. He's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: It was also infuriating to see just how the Mets bats had nothing against the bullpen as well. Like Craig Joho is a good guy. But then like even Lance McCullers, I know, we've got a couple runs off. He put it together against McCullers a little bit. It's just struck out four guys like, oh totally.
Speaker 2: It's just never close enough to actually make this game really feel like anything was going on.
Speaker 1: No none whatsoever.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a bad game, to put it simply. God, Freddy has an ERA over five. Oh, he's the worst pitcher in baseball this year, I think qualified.
Speaker 2: Pitcher, no qualified pitchers. We have Jeffrey Springs, Aaron Nola, and future Met Mitch Keller. Keller actually might have gotten below Freddie's e RA today. Does he have the highest whip then I feel like he has something that's the highest live stats full season, because I think Keller pitched today on Wednesday, Yeah he did, so Keller went. Actually now he has a four to nine, but Meryl Kelly got hit hard, so now he has a five to one. So fred Caralt still the fourth highest ERA among all qualified pitchers.
Speaker 1: Just never in my life thought that he was going to be this bad for the Mets. It is going to go down some way somehow as one of the worst. David sertains trade and litany of bad trades, and the whip was the highest in the league heading into playing Wednesday, but the bad Meryl Kelly start has pushed it higher. That will do nice him and Meryl Kelly. Yeah, it's terrible. It's just really bad.
Speaker 2: Even like Sierra stat that's supposed to be like a little nicer to this version of Freddy PERALTI still on the bottom thirty in the league about he's twenty second highest.
Speaker 1: You think it's turning his trade value, because I do. I think now it's gone on so far turning his trade value. But I still think that once we get into the throes of the deadline to starting pitcher who's been streaking in the past, who I'm sure teams are gonna convince themselves they can help in the short term. I still think the Mets gat like a fringy top hunch of prospect for him at least and then probably one lottery ticket with it. Hope, so need something back for him. I think we will get something back fro him. I'm excited.
Speaker 2: We're gonna interview Robert Murray and it's gonna come out to you guys on Friday, So we're gonna ask him very openly, like how much does this short term lack of success to be very mild about it with Freddie Perl to hurt his actual trade value to the deadline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's giving us some really good stuff for trades in the past. So excited to hear what he has to say about this Mets team next next day, let's talk about the game that the best win much better for nothing win against Brandon Sprote who Brandon Sproke came out ready to pitch. He was like, what if I throw one hundred on every single fat Granted didn't pitch that well. He walked a bunch of guys give a bunch of hits. Wasn't the sharpest, but he was definitely motivated. Shout out Zach Thornton, though no more Zach Zac. H dropped the H. Zac. He said he's always felt like he was a ZAC. Never understood why the H was there. Loved to hear that from my left handed pitcher. What is with lefty pitchers just being like on another planet at all times?
Speaker 2: I think lefty pitchers are I don't know he get the advantage of the lefties. I feel like they have the advantage all the time, especially Thornton right now, he's just on such a roll.
Speaker 1: I can't eat such a.
Speaker 2: Heather Good reporting by Laura Albany's Newsday about why Zach Thornton dropped the h and like Mark said, he always didn't like the agent's name anyway, but he said, no one asked him before, and now they actually asked him at the major league levels. I guess that was also kind of like a mental moment of like, oh, I'm actually gonna stick on this team now, which is cool after being up and down the first part of the season. And he was like, yeah, I didn't want the HO. I took the h off, which again very funny. He also mentioned a drill in that interview with Laura that him and his dad would throw ninety foot ballpens when he was in high school or like at this I think she's in between thirteen fift teen years old. His dad was like, if you can throw strikes from ninety, he'll be very easy to throw strikes from sixty.
Speaker 1: I'm in if you could. If you could dodger wrench, you could dodge a ball.
Speaker 2: It's exactly how that felt to me. But another six ding star, another star of just manipulating.
Speaker 1: The heck out of that color.
Speaker 2: So this was three starts for Zach Thornton where he's completed six inns.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, that's more than fred Pralton now right, it's close.
Speaker 2: So Freddy Perlt has done so six times and twenty one starts. Shalman and I has done it twice in seven starts. Clay Holme's done it four times and nine starts normal clean leadsway. I think he's done it like twelve or thirteen times, and Christian Scott still has not completed six innsach.
Speaker 1: Zach Thornton, though, he's got you and gets his first major league win two in this one, which is always nice.
Speaker 2: She should have gotten that Sunday, but the Francisco Indor error costs that.
Speaker 1: But still he's just he's fun. I think.
Speaker 2: Now this is an interesting time though, for a guy like Zach Thornton breaking out, where we have to contain ourselves to being like overtly excited, like I see every single twenty twenty seven Mets rotation prediction. I've seen something. Zack Thorton's has the number three starter. We have a long way to go before that comes. But I do think Zach Thornton is is showing a lot of the things that's very important of like a back end star than a guy who can stick when we're still just kind of waiting for him to take more steps to show he can be that guy.
Speaker 1: For all the underhood stuff. Right now, the results phenomenal under the hood, we need more. Yeah, not the same type of picture, but like this, he's doing what we were hoping our other lefty that was in this rotation was gonna do this year, which is David Peterson, which is like, really, just give you a quality starts. That's what you need out of a guy like Zach Thorn. He's not gonna be an ace, He's not gonna be a cy Young Award winner, but if he can, you can make a great career out of being a really good major league picture like he has been so far. Oh for sure, he'll be around forever.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that, like I said before, he just he manipulates that color well, he's comfortable on both sides of the plate. He can kind of also change the depth of it at times to make it kind of like two different pitches, which I like he broke off some nice ones where it was like two different colors in the same at back to Jackson Chorio to basically close his start in the sixth inning. He only faced Chorio and Terank third time through. I feel like Andy Green really wanted him to get through that sixth inning and that there was like a ton of stress around that. It felt like he was good to do it, but it was cool to see him mix a match. I liked as Villa was up a good bit too, because his cother was over eighty eight in this game. It's average about eighty seven in the Major League this season. Everything was up a tick mostly. I like seeing him mix in a couple of change ups, a couple of curveballs, more sweepers. He's going to need to have lots of junk to make this all work long term, so the more that keeps happening the better. And we're seeing a lot of good short term growth here from Zach Thoron.
Speaker 1: Yeah, super excited again. Keep him in that rotation the rest of the year. Let's see what the young kids got, because he's been pretty good so far, and then offensively in this one. Ah, did you see you share? Buddy? Francisco, lindoorhes that hope ye a start with there.
Speaker 2: James was still seven after Wednesday, though after Wednesday it was because he got a hit in his last that bat, didn't he Lindor, it's seven thirteen.
Speaker 1: It was actually higher or it's higher seven thirteen. So do you think you still think he ends the season eight hundred? I think they're pretty close to it. Yeah. I mean he's played forty games and he's, from what we've been told by others, the worst forty games ever. You would think that friends to school Indoor did something to your family based on how everyone talks about how he played. But through forty games, he's a league average hitter. Yeah. I got a pretty good feeling that the guy who does this every single year that he's been a met we'll do it again. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We did a lot of yapping about Lindor and all the murmurs and the rumors and the chat there on the last episode. So thank you guys off for sporting that last year. He came out and said they like we said podcut direct apologies by me. When I edited that episode uploaded, I didn't realize how full the storage was on my computer, so an export that I was like, well, it's gone to YouTube fast, and then I shot my computer and went to bed because it was like one in the morning, and I was like, ah, I like upload seventeen minutes of the podcast. So that went up neon the next day. So apologies to you guys, but I just it's kind out of control. We can't talk about every episode. Probably talk about it a lot with Robert next. But it's just nice to see him play good baseball, and I think he does tons of good baseball left in him. It's not really much of a concern from my end about it. No, he's still like definitely rusty in the field. He even had that awkward play in that.
Speaker 1: Was Wednesday the days yeah, and Wednesday's game, well, he had a couple of awkward plays with like the jumping on the kind of soft liner where he jumped a little bit too early. I don't know if it was Contraras or Churio hit it, the awkward play with Marcus Simian. It feels very much like it's still spring training for Francis School and doors. That is not an excuse because it's the regular season. You want him to play at the one hundred games in yeah, at the top level. But right now for him, it feels like he's still in spring training mode a bit.
Speaker 2: And not an excuse, but it's just sometimes players have seasons that just don't go their way, and this just feels like it's one of those, fella door And I still feel like a lot of the numbers will be okay by the end.
Speaker 1: But looks pretty good in this game.
Speaker 2: In game two, yeahy, everyone kind of look god in this game. But everyone he felt like they showed up to play. I mean, Louis repair at the home run around the world four fifty.
Speaker 1: Do you guys see that? Guardians? You see that? Phillies Braves, You guys see what this guy can do? Unbelievable? Hither you wouldn't you want to catch lighting in a bottle like this? Yeah, I mean, listen, we'll take some of your prospects. Taking prospects.
Speaker 2: It's funny that for all the horrible decisions David Stearns has made, somewhere in his faults, I'm definitely his fault probably can get a successful arbitrage on Louise Robert Jr.
Speaker 1: That and also for all the horrible decisions that have been made in trades, all that kind of stuff. Probably gonna have some of the most impactful players traded at the deadline by any team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's also one of the last times you're going to get to see the Mets bullpen just be lockdown between Beaver, Raley and Devin Williams having a nice clean return to a to Milwaukee, which was funny. But Weaver and Raley just so free and easy as relievers. We saw again with minter Aro on Wednesday, we get to finish his frame. But these guys are really gonna be parts of the playoff race night.
Speaker 1: I wish I wish them so well for that. I think the Mets ever considered trading Jared Young. I mean, does he have any value? I think he does.
Speaker 2: Jared Young is I think why like the on the twenty the eighties scathing scale, like the forty five exists. Yeah, like you are. You're a fine defensive first baseman. You're gonna hit Riley's but probably not like the best in the league. You can never get in a bad against the lefty. But you're as far as twenty six guys on a roster. I'm very okay with you having one of the spots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. No, he had a nice game too, hitting that home run. He's got Bob. He's got Bob. He's a good athlete, and like you said, he plays a pretty good first base. So shout Jared Young. Everybody in this game was hitting well. I'm Soto badies didn't play in Game three. Just I don't know. Milwaukee's weird. Again. We say this every time we play there. I hate watching games in that stadium. It's very dark and dreary, and it feels like the weirdest shit happens. Also, it felt like the infield grass in the outfield grass is extremely long. I feel like watching some of the balls roll, it felt like the ball was moving so slow. On balls that were hit particularly hard, especially to the outfield, it was like, oh, that ball didn't reach the right field, or what the hell are you calling it out?
Speaker 2: Like another Dame against USC, they let the grass run out.
Speaker 1: I think the Brewers are letting the grass run thick. And I also looked up this is a fun little research I did the other night while I was home in Jersey. The Brewers have the most groundball singles in Major League Baseball, but away teams have the least amount of ground ball singles in Major League Baseball in American family field. I don't know what that means, but that's kind of crazy. I feel like that just means they have great defensive positioning. I think it's that. I think it's that thick grass. How are they playing to thick grass but no one else because they've got great defense too. That's true.
Speaker 2: You mentioned before how Spro came out right at the pitch and this was like a classic Spro game where it was like did you see the flash? And he's like, I can't miss any bats. Ten of the eleven hardest pitch they threw in this game.
Speaker 1: We're in the first inning. Yeah, he came out ripping Gary and Keith made note of that too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Gary, Keith had the good series as well.
Speaker 2: This is also on this game started the discourse with Louise Robert Junior's return about off days and this game. So those in DH we had benj in right and we had Ewing in left. But once we got to the game on Wednesday, so there was on the bench and baby wasn't right with Ewing back in center and people are up in arms about well fairly about Brett baby played the outfield again as we start to move on to the next game here, but more so about the fact that Benj and ewing because youwing was off on Monday. Yes, it's about the fact that these guys are going wrong about that buzzing off one of these days and there was a there's a Twitter storm about it.
Speaker 1: No, I think Benj was off on Monday, right, Ben was off on which my rookie is confused. Yeah, I don't know. To jump in a little bit here, I think like the rational fan and again, the guys who were listening to us and women shout to women who listened to mets up all six of them. Yeah, all six. I think we can understand why Louise Robert is getting the playing time over some of these guys right now, because Louis Roberar is probably not gonna be on this team August fourth, So yeah, you've got to showcase him. For a guy who's missed a lot of time. The only reason he didn't play on Wednesday is because it's the late night game on Tuesday, early game on Wednesday. For a guy who has the worst muscles, can't get hurt. That's the last thing we can do with this guy, but he does have to play to showcase the teams that he's healthy and a good baseball player, all those things that you would expect. I don't know, I don't particularly care. Again, if we were like missing one game for Carson Bench in the series and aj Ewing didn't sit, it feels like we're really, really, really nitpicking at that point.
Speaker 2: It's also something about and I think this gets overlooked when players transition from the minor leagues to the major league, is that the major league season is significantly longer than the longest minor league season.
Speaker 1: Yes, by almost fifty games.
Speaker 2: So last year through the minor league season, Carson Bench played one hundred and sixteen baseball games. He's already the at ninety eight this year twenty twenty four. The year before that between college sixty one games in college, which is a long college season, and fifteen games in Saint Lucy. And we've seen a lot of other young players over the last few years kind of run out of gas just because they've never played this long of a season. So it happened Alvarez a few years ago. We saw the James Wood in Washington last year. So it's just it's probably not the worst thing to give these guys a day off here and there. It's not the end of the world, even though some Mets fans were acting like it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that being said, there is no excuse for Ret Baty to be playing right field. It makes the thing quite literally zero sense on a team that has five primary position outfielders on the roster at the time of Wednesday's game. Like, I can't believe I'm saying this, but that's gotta be Tyrone Taylor. Then if it's not going to be Soto A Robert, it can't be Brett Baty. I don't know why we're playing him out there, and if it's to showcase him, he just showed everyone in the league he can't play the outfield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the flip side. The only reason that happens was because he Brett Baby, relative to his season, has been swinging the.
Speaker 1: Bat well of late. And you get a home run in this game. Yes he had a home run.
Speaker 2: She's only down one run after the error, but it wasn't even called there a hometown score, and I think that want being a triple And sure Joey Ortiz was a home run away from the cycle in that game on Wednesday, after making the game saving defensive playing the ninth inning as well. But digress, there's probably something where it's like, this guy's playing too well right now. Just put him in the field so we can get them at bad, so we could just see where see if we can build any confidence here, if we can get the back going with this, that, the other thing, whatever it may be. But then the problem is again you make a horrible error. Probably realistically, Semish just be losing playing time. I know he hit the home run also on Wednesday, but Baty has at least showed do you want to actually showcase value and show that this player is still versatile worthwhile to keep on a baseball team. Second and third makes way more sense than second, third, than right field, which he's been pretty bad a lot of times in the Outfield's so.
Speaker 1: So interesting to me. Why would Jared Young not go to the outfield and then Brett Batty at first? Jared Young He's been even worse at first this year, and Young's bad in the outfield.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just think it's the wrong guys from the wrong spots. I also think if you're going to do that not that the Met's avenue ground ball pitchers besides McClain anymore. As I say this out loud, but like Christian Scott's a textbook flyball guy. Probably all the all the lefties are in the line up against Christian Scott, like you're just you're just throwing brickey the Wolves. Maybe that's what you have to do to get him better in the outfield. But and wins and losses don't matter, like we've been saying. But just it's a shitty visual and it hurt a guy like Christian Scott at the time when he was rolling, when he was about to get out of a first and third no OU.
Speaker 1: Jam, for that ball to drop, Yeah, it would have been a big difference. Because again I don't particularly care about the winning and losing right now, it's not about that. But like process wise, it was like I don't really don't really love Brett Baty getting more reps in the outfield, Like we've seen it. He's not good out there. It's not a position for him. He could play three spots in the infield. Let's just let's just do that. We have a lot more to talk about in this game.
Speaker 2: Like again, whatever happened with Christian Scott, the lineup, all the great plays the Brewers made. But quickly, we want to give you guys a message from today's sponsor, Fox one. MLB on Fox is streaming on Fox one. The Race to October starts now, and we have your front row seat to the wildest walk offs, lights out, pitching, clutch plays all season long. Follow every can't miss matchup as team's battle for a spot in the postseason. Then stream the twenty twenty six World Series live on Fox one at home, Aro on the Go, live around the Man, never miss a moment. Stream now, and we have our Mets playing on Fox this Saturday in the series against the Dodgers, which will preview in full later. But the Mets playing the Dodgers doesn't feel that fun right now.
Speaker 1: No, it does feel a little bit of David and Goliath, you just in terms of how good one team is and how bad the other, and unfortunately for us, the Mets are the bad one. But hey, anytime the Dodgers come to town, we like, do low key play them well in city field. I feel like every time they come it's always a fun environment.
Speaker 2: It's a bunch of Dodgers fans that always make it out there and we have now no sarcasm here and asof oh yeah, Yoshinobion mother Verus Nolan McLain, Fox seven PM.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's at seventh baseball right there. At least from a pitching perspective. The Mets probably won't get any hits, but that's a pretty good matchup. I just might not even claims been on a roll.
Speaker 2: But again, guys, make sure you check it out this weekend on Fox and check out the Fox one app.
Speaker 1: Back to game number three, you mentioned Christian Scott almost got out of that jam. The final lines not pretty, but not got it. I don't think he pitched poorly. I just don't think it was as sharp as hiss previous starts. No, and there's another one of those starts which was kind of like a heat checked moment for Scott, just to remind us that there still are steps to be taken. The lefties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the lefties, because this was a game where it didn't seem like he super trusted his cother so we didn't the Brewis basically didn't chase a few of them early that were in on the hands of the lefties, and then he kind of stopped using it. Then he threw the curve ball a few times for cold strikes and it got some. Also wasn't really great, and again the whole thing kind of felt like it spun out after that Brett Baby misplay, which credit to Baity. He did hit the home run later and he went to Scott after the inning, was like, my bad. Yeah, Scott tapped him. He's like, no, Burry's like, you'll pick me up another time, Like all big deal, but just with the command if he for Scott with the Brewers team that didn't chase anything.
Speaker 1: They chased like one or two pitches out of strikes on his whole start. It was early on with Churio, Cherio chased the nasty sweeper, but I don't even think he had one chase from a lefty.
Speaker 2: It just was when you can't get that chase against them. Scott still has some trouble inside the zone against lefties with that fastball.
Speaker 1: Currently is the only pitcher you can really throw it there. Yeah, he threw one too Christianelch, and Christian Elch is like, watch this easy, like single to left field. He's like, you can't get that by me, dude.
Speaker 2: And then when he falls behind in the account against the lefties and they're not going for the color and he has to throw the fastball. They know he's throwing the fastball. It's just it got hit hard than it's got hit in the last few starts. Again, young pitcher, happens, We're gonna try again next week.
Speaker 1: That's also struck out fifteen times in this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that time it does he even struck out on a Monday that was like twelve times.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, it's just a lot, a lot of swing and missing going on. Jorge Polanco looks about as not useful as a player as we've seen in a long time, and that includes Marcus Simeon in that conversation and semi.
Speaker 2: In terms of what he did earlier in this series offensively defensively, it looked like it made I think, I said on Twitter.
Speaker 1: It made my eyes bleed.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I was shocked at how vocal Gary and Keith were about the awkward almost double play that wasn't double play between Lindor and Simion, and mostly blaming Simeon. They're like, he's not even in a position to try and turn two and that's something that like I think I've said you, me and my dad have like texted back and forth when we're talking about the Mets. It feels like there's a major inability to turn double plays as a team. There's no there's there's no speed, there's no quick turns. And Marcus Imien has been so bad at second base. Like the one thing that we thought was gonna stick was at least that he was gonna give us plus defense at that position. I think he's one of the worst defensive second basemen in the league this year. Oh he is, for sure.
Speaker 2: And he bunkled like easy plays this whole series, like that one behind the base that clanked off his hand and they were in like the shift and that played with Lindor and send me in for the double play. Lador led him around the bag with a flip in the air as if he was gonna come around the bag as we went to back and throw, but send me and planted on the base like we're just playing for one.
Speaker 1: Which I think Contreras might have been running. I turned two without a doubt. Yeah I remember who was running, So don't quote me on that one. But I was just like this is.
Speaker 2: It was a weird moment, it was a weird play, and it was one where it just didn't feel like these guys are on the same page again. They really actually haven't played that much because of all the choppiness with the Door and his injuries, and send me with the recent one when the Door was back, but still not an excuse for this. And Polanco like that ball training made amazing play up the middle, fantastic, but like, uh, you anyone once in the league probably beats that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the combination of not being healthy and also not hitting the ball, well, it's it's a tough it's a tough combo because he's a DH who can't hit right now. That's not normally what you look for. We have plenty of those kind of players.
Speaker 2: So he's also Dash doesn't have any power right now, which is something that Planco is very much supposed to have. Something he showed last year, Like the Shrake out rate's still really low. Like that's really cool, but like it's a weird situation with Polanco and Semion because we're thinking a lot about twenty twenty seven. These are two guys under contract you definitely can't trade at least take on a contract that's of equal or worse value. And these are two guys that, if you told me right now, they're in denying on opening day next year, I probably don't feel tremendous about either of them, especially that this planco thing the team has. By thing, I mean his heel injury that seems.
Speaker 1: To not be going away. The team has made the assessment that surgery won't help very much and he has to basically play it off and improve, and the teammate that assessment. Medically, I can't really argue with that.
Speaker 2: Then looking with my eyes and I'm like, this guy doesn't look like he's a healthy baseball player.
Speaker 1: He's hobbling around like his name's Jed Lowry. So like, it's it's bad between those two that we're giving what like forty five million dollars a year to those two guys to basically be useless players. It's really really difficult. It makes the roster so much tighter. And the fact that they're getting paid that amount of money, they're gonna play and you're not just gonna cut them, Like as much as I would love to, they're not just going to cut Horiy Polanco and Marcusimie it won't happen. How many of them?
Speaker 2: How many innings has Horriy Blanco played at first base this year?
Speaker 1: Do you have a number? It's coming up right now. How many games has he played? How many just games? Horry Plank has played in twenty one games. I'm gonna say he's played seventy five innings at first base. Twenty whoa, that's way less. Oh my god, he's playing first base at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 2: No, because he had a little injury or the neck. I think he played the first base in like two of the first seven games.
Speaker 1: And that was it. Mark vien Dos and Breviti know what I'm saying this whole and Jared Young okay took his lunch, but it was just it always felt weird. At the time.
Speaker 2: They were like, hey, he's give me the first base, and we were kind of like are you sure. We're like why, and like he kind of flashed defensively in his spring trainding. I think if he would have played there, he would been fine defender there. It's not really the point, but it just seems like his whatever's gonna happen to his lower body in a short period of time has sunk him, this guy who multiple home runs off terror Schooble in the ALCS less and like it's it's amazing how big of a piece he was not even long ago, and how hotly saw that after he was on the free agent market allegedly, and to be this much of a zero this deep in the season, and again, maybe he just has to play this off.
Speaker 1: Maybe this is all everything we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Lindor also should be true Planco to a much lesser degree because he's less of a player. But he could just wind up the season with a hot month. We could be like, all right, if this guy is first base DH next year, We're okay. But as of right now, that feels so far away it's not even funny.
Speaker 1: I feel like as an organization, and again this is directly on David Stearns, and this isn't even about Pete Alonzo. I'm not going there. But I'm gonna talk about first base position as a whole. I think something that me and you have always said is who cares about first base defense? We personally don't really care that much. The Brewers first baseman are Jake Bowers and Andrew Vaughan, who I think combined have like negative TENA at first base this year, but they're absolutely mashing. You gotta get bats, you gotta get guys who actually know how to play the position, and even still they might not be that great defense. We like, I we should not have prioritized first base defense, and like, let's.
Speaker 2: Let's really rage bait people for a second. You want to do that, Yeah, yeah, let's do it. So we're gonna get positional splits for every single team in the league as the player that day who started that first base nice.
Speaker 1: I like that. I know the Mets have the second lowest ops and it's only in front of the Diamondbacks, who have basically been playing a crippled.
Speaker 2: Person at first base this year. So the Mets have actually risen in that. I'm gonna get the split to include to live stats full season, the Mets of the second lowest WRC plus. That's good, But the Mets have risen to the third lowest ops.
Speaker 1: Who do we pass?
Speaker 2: And weirdly, the Diamondbacks Diamonbacks have jumped there's seven oh four.
Speaker 1: Now, somehow that can't be right. It is, I'm looking at it right now, but it's their first space. Yeah, the position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's this positional split first base. Oh, they can't do live stats full season, so clicked it off. So yeah, Oh the Mets are the Mets are still fourth lowest. So the Diamondbacks are the worst. The Diamondbacks first baseman this year.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's what That's what I'm like there, dude, there's no way they jumped up that much. Diamonbacks first baseman of a five eighty six OPS. Dude, have you seen oldamorro of Argus since May? I think he has a four to twenty OPS.
Speaker 2: Cleveland Guardians six forty four, and then us in the Blue Jays who plays first base.
Speaker 1: For the Blue Jays. How much money did he get made? We're tied.
Speaker 2: I mean we wanted them pretty badly. We're tied six six forty eight OPS. Then the Mariners who took the Diamondbacks first baseman. There's six seventy two also in the first basement of the big contract. Orioles first baseman this year. I just just to throw it out there have the nineteenth.
Speaker 1: Highest OPS in the league. Interesting, of all people who played first base for that team all year. It is a clear hundred points higher than the Mets. But yeah, it's infield defense. Now, It's just it's it's very bad. Just for a full season stat line too.
Speaker 2: If you guys want more of this horrible, horrible news, Mets first base this year of a two fifteen, two seventy three, three seventy five.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 2: And if if you want to take the median of first base WRC plus it is one to nineteen.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you something that the Dinebacks at least have though five to OA at first base this year. Elite defense. If you're not gonna hit the Mets, this is a fun one. The Mets have the second worst first base defense according to OAA in Major League Baseball, negative ten. The Brewers are the worst. Orioles are where's Baltimore Orioles? Why can't I find their logo? Oh? The Orioles are the second best no in OAA at Oh that's all positions. At first base they have the second best. Good for them? Good for Pete, Good for Pete? I have That is a double fisted fucking concerns.
Speaker 2: Our common section is gonna be fighting with the opposite pe with they're fighting with un normal episodes.
Speaker 1: Right now. But it's just it just goes to show how bad this team is. So bad they can't they can't do anything right almost no.
Speaker 2: And it just makes it really complicated. Think about next season with these two guys sent me in a planco on the roster, and I don't know, I don't know how much you.
Speaker 1: Can trust them. I wish one of them would pull, could die er and just take one for the team and say I'm out. But there're owed so much money. I would never do that. No, They're pockets are twenty mil, and send means you're twenty four mil, right, Yeah, twenty four mil for another two years. Oh my god, Marcus Simon's gonna be here for another two and a half seasons, James, I have a feeling he doesn't get through two more seasons. Wow, the guy, love the guy came back from a fucking six week injury in two weeks.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying it's gonna it's gonna be robsy Cano thing superhuman. That's gonna be huge in twenty twenty seven, similar to twenty twenty two, where we do the early season semi and cut gives the whole team a boost.
Speaker 1: Just just squeeze him for whatever juice could possibly left, and then once you decide that there's like not a drop, it's goodbye. SMELLU later.
Speaker 2: That was when we cut him, right, twenty twenty two officially, Yeah, twenty twenty two to two. Yeah, so again that that's gonna be a day, right. He did play opening Day in twenty twenty. Robs In Cano three sixteen three, fifty five forty, the triple slash in fifty Games twenty nineteen, Robinson Cano one last year twenty that was very bad, Rober.
Speaker 1: We're talking about Robinson Canoe. We did it again. We did it again? How did we do it again? Oh? No, have an agent as GM and do it again from sea. I was even talking about Sammy and you could even do both of them for this.
Speaker 2: But the girl's got some new rumors from Big Ken Rosenthal Will Salmon Athletic article. A lot of mess fans want Clay Holmes to be on this team forever.
Speaker 1: But Ken Roosevelt basically says, it's good. It's gone.
Speaker 2: Much more likely gets trade than extended, which makes so much sense, and that Robert, it is getting trade interest.
Speaker 1: Nice good, my king, But you know what it was a good run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again, not gonna do rumors too much in this episode because Robert Murray coming on Friday.
Speaker 1: But it's the Mets have to trade lay Holmes for anything they can get. Yeah, and I think they're gonna get something decent. I really don't think it's gonna be that bad. I think it will be a prospect outside the top. It will be maybe like a hipster top one hundred guy, but not like a consensus top one hundred. That's the ceiling possibly, or it's just a tools the nineteen year old. Yeah, we've been told that the Mets just want the best available prospect. They're not looking for anything in particular best available, which is the right way to go about it.
Speaker 2: And they're not steadfast in twenty twenty seven, which we thought could be a possibility, and we've done some most trade episodes with you guys recently. We've been told that they're just looking for absolute best talent what they could get.
Speaker 1: Should we get ready to preview this next series? Yeah, we should, all right, But first, Mets Up is brought to you by FanDuel Baseball Fans. The MLB season is in full swing and FanDuel is giving you a chance to call your shot. With Daily Dingers, joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why Fandel is the home of home runs. Who's gonna be my Daily Dinger pick against the Dodgers? I mean against the Dodgers. Yeah, against the Dodgers or the Dodgers against us. Freddie Freeman will eventually hit a home run against us. It's a day that ends in why.
Speaker 2: I mean this weekend we have Freddy Pearl to Babblehead Day and then Freddie making his lifely likely less start as a Met on Sunday.
Speaker 1: So sure there'll be some home runs around that. If you've seen Kyle Tucker too, you know he's going to do it against the Mets. He's had a horrible season. Hit a home run against the Mets.
Speaker 2: I think maybe, I don't know, I'll talk has hit many home runs anymore, he's been don't look at what he's getting paid and how well he's playing this year, and how much he's getting paid when you include the tax bill even worse.
Speaker 1: So are you ready to play your game? Head over to FanDuel dot com slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast. To opt in for daily dingers and make your free pick on Who's hitting a homer, playball and swing for the fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League.
Speaker 4: Baseball twenty one plus select states. For Kansas an affiliation with Kansas Star Casino eighteen plus DC Kentucky, Wyoming. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued is non withdrawable, profit boost tokens, restrictions supply including any token expiration and max wager romount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler Call one eight hundred my reset one eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven. Visit CCPG dot org, slash chat Connecticut, Visit MD gambling heelp dot org. Maryland, Visit gambling Helpline MA dot Org. Call eight hundred three two seven five zero five zero, Massachusetts call one eight seven seven eight Hope and Why text Hope and Why.
Speaker 1: New York call one eight.
Speaker 4: Seven seven seven seven zero seven eight six seven, Louisiana.
Speaker 1: All right, we know yoshinob Yamamota MacLean Saturday, you told us Peralta Sunday, give us all the pitching matchups one more time.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers are basically a college baseball team where they have pitchers that pitch on days of the week, which is kind of funny. So Dodgers Friday guy Roki Sasaki facing Sean and Ayah. Remember the Remember the NLCS how was a long time ago. Sold you guys Saturday, Yoshinobiya mood Versula MacLean, Sunday Mattina one for the m Mitchi and versus Freddie Peralta in the disappointment off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really is two guys who are like, man, you stink this year. Emmachian probably gonna be used in a trade to go get Trek Scougle. So possibly we'll see.
Speaker 2: We'll see winds up happening with the trade deadline. But the Dodgers have gotten to a joy a nice East Coast trip right off the break. Very easy trial for the Dodgers to come off the All Star break must be nice New York, filling New York before heading back home.
Speaker 1: If their guys didn't even have to leave, they just got to stay in the same area that they were in. Yeah, I'm sure they mostly did that.
Speaker 2: But I mean, this Dodgers teams wagon the Brewers actually by beating us in the series this week, past the Dodgers for best record in baseball, which is Brewers. I want the Brewis to get the number one seed just so this even possibly chance the Dodgers don't go to the World Series again. So it's a you know, we're asking for a lot there to ask for that, but that's what we got. And this Dodgers team is like amazing, and they've honestly, most of the guys that we expect to be really good aren't even playing that well and they're.
Speaker 1: Still this good. No shout out on America's favorite player though, fault and rushing. If he's got no fans, I'm dead. Yeah, you're the only one left. You have a big home run. He's long home run on a ball, respect ball, and I like I like to do with a little chip on his shoulder. It might just be a little too big. Yeah, I think he's just a jerk. I don't think he's a chip on his shoulder could use some fucking assholes on their team. They have New York Mets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely could have way too many nice guys in this team right now. But I mean Tany's otan he's not going to pitch for a little while because he has a little new thing. But I think they just want to make sure he's pitching for the playoffs. Mookie Betts hasn't hit this year. Kyle Tucker's been dreadful this year yet really bad. So I thing on Twitter that Kyle Tucker with the tax bill is getting paid, like he's costing the Dodgers like one hundred and fifteen million dollars. He's gonna have like a one and a half win season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got an ops under seven hundred at the time recording, so that's not particularly good. As does Tasker and Andwsho's on a three year, like sixty million dollar contract. Yeah. So you know, as much as the Dodgers do spend money and get all the guys that they want, some of these guys are starting to get old now that money is going to catch up at some point.
Speaker 2: And like Eric Lower pitches this team every single week too, Like they justin Roal Bleski's taking a mass step forward not getting him.
Speaker 1: Did you see what Roki this first start out of the break on Friday against the Yankees. He looked pretty good, didn't he? He was around one hundred and two. He threw I think was like fifteen to the seventeen hardest pitches of his career in that game. Yeah, I'm trying to trade for a minute. Dynasty League. I think it's finally time. I think I think give him another next season twenty twenty seven play, which is fine. They got time. They a lot of team don't care. He's free.
Speaker 2: He's still free for another full year after this. Andy paj has has really regressed lately, but he's been a great run producer hitting between Otani and Freeman, as Betts has had a bad season.
Speaker 1: Edmund just came back off the Ange. Listen, he's ripping the ball. Right now.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get to watch prime Tommy Edmond against US.
Speaker 1: Can I say something crazy? What this version of the Dodgers cannot win the World Series? I think that's still kind of crazy, the no Tani pitching version. I think they can't. I mean, I don't think that they're the best team in the National League as as the roster currently stands today.
Speaker 2: I think, don't matter what when the games get tight and you have to say, play the next best. Would you think I'm assuming's the best team National League, which the Brewers Brewers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think the team that the Dodgers don't want to see is the Phillies more than the Brewers. So I have to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: I think the Dodgers know how easily that series could have changed last year against the Phillies.
Speaker 1: I see the Brewer. I see the Dodgers respecting the Brewers more than the Phillies, almost because the Phillies similar ish to the Yankees, where it's like, oh, we know this team plays dogshit defense and makes, as we saw, some of the worst base running decisions in baseball. I feel like from a process standpoint, they don't respect them.
Speaker 2: I think the Dodgers respect the Brewers like you respect your little cousin who plays really hard against you in like backyard sports but just can't can't get one over on you. But I see the Dodgers busy cousins, so that means nothing to me.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, yes, I'm actually the big one. So that's good.
Speaker 2: I mean, and Anthony Pool basketball, this is this Sunday can't wait at start on his calendar for years.
Speaker 1: Since last time. But that's just to me how they view them.
Speaker 2: But I see them viewing the Phillies as like a true adversary, who's someone that could get them and a team that's going to buy again, not talking trade deadline for other teams, but like even yeah, day wound is not a World Series rotation as it stands without Otani, No.
Speaker 1: Of course, but Blake Snell is going to back I think next week or the week after, and that changes things dramatically. Yeah, we'll see, No, it does, even we'll see it does. No, I'm saying we'll see if he's back and the Dodgers are guaranteed to get a starting pitcher the day. Oh yeah, no, they are going to win the World Series. It's not me saying no. I'm just saying if they if they take this exact version that exists on July twenty second, with no show hal Tony pitching, I don't think it's so. I don't think it's free. Do you do you remember the rotation they won with in twenty twenty four. Yeah, but their offense was a juggernaut.
Speaker 2: I think when they're going gets tough, this offense will straight towards juggernaut again. Like Max Montsy is so good still somehow god like at some point Taskar and Kyle Tucker will be like activated the sleeper cells inside of them as we was a dick.
Speaker 1: Why did nobody hate him? I think they hate Dalton Rushing.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think that's gonna be best friends, like Bill Smith isn't even playing right now, and like Dalton Rushing is gonna get to mix in as like a mixing match guy. Once the team goes on a run the playoffs, like they're just so good. They are so good, they're ridiculously good.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I'm trying to do anything different than just say it's the Dodgers. Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I think the one thing that's funny about the Dodgers is we start to talk more about labor stuff, and like, oh, there's no paroy in baseballok at the pair of the only other sports. I think if Shoho Tony was never born, there's still be tons of parody in baseball.
Speaker 1: I think more so.
Speaker 2: In the Dodgers spending all this money is in the fact that they have the best baseball player ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like if you had out don't know, let's say, in football, the best quarterback and then also the best defensive end, it probably changed that it's the same guy. I think that would help out your roster a lot.
Speaker 2: I think today's university of a tiny's major league debut. That can't possibly No, it's not. He started opening day. Why does he have exactly eight years of service time? Then I guess that's injuries.
Speaker 1: Injuries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the exactly eight years. You've never seen eight point zero zero zero on a fangrass.
Speaker 1: Service time, service time on Baseball Reference and all that kind of stuff. At this point, for like, it's like, what does that even do? That's tight. And I think the other thing that Mets fans really have to watch out.
Speaker 2: For again pick star for Nolan McLain on Saturday. The Mets more so than anything, we need Nolan McLain to win Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 1: Yeah so badly.
Speaker 2: I'm really gonna push this narrative. We have to do our job here because I mean JJ weatherhallt if he winds up with a two fifty average and the seven four of the ops. I don't know it at home runs twenty three steals. That's not Rookie of the year.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're batting average, we know is important. I look at batting average and era when I do my Rookies of the Year, And right now Nol McLain is a better ra than JJ weatherholl has bad average by a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's knife and closes out of the camera finally went off. That should that should almost call it.
Speaker 1: That's a signal, thank you much for watching. Let me get let me get FRANKI Peppers. Oh yeah, get Frankie Pepper's philibuster, uh, philibuster. JJ weatherhol is a really good player, though I think you guys know that I I uh, I don't know. It's gonna be tough although his numbers are falling though he is. You can't have a seven fifty oh ps and win the Rookie of the Year over Noel McLain. Also, what's what JJ aj Ewing's ops? Oh, that's seven sixty six aj Ewing Because right now JJ Weatherhole has about four hundred plate appearances, about four war. Aj Ewing has about two hundred and twenty five, two hundred and thirty played appearances, two and a half war. If we're talking about value, aj Ewing currently is pacing for more value than JJ Weatherhol that's something to considered too.
Speaker 2: I happen to me, JJ Weatherhill doesn't even look like you should be top Like we're going second base defense for top five top rookid of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean if he could play center field, that'd be a different story.
Speaker 2: No, I mean saying second base is premium now because the way we've gotten rid of the shift.
Speaker 1: But I think there's a long way.
Speaker 2: To go with his Rookie of the Year race, and it would matter so much to the Mesican compic. But where's Frankie Pepper's also before Frankie Pepper's. I want to tell you guys, Mark and I just want to find ways to like engage with you guys by the end of the season, and we're still gonna go to a bunch of met games. So if you guys are done with this team and don't want to go to the ballpark, I respect that decision. If you guys do want to go to the game's rest of way, what I.
Speaker 1: Forgot to tell you, I got my email about canceling the season tickets. You gotta see what they're doing for the rest of the season because they know it is going to be empty. Oh say yeah, let me let me load it up real quick. You say what you were going to though.
Speaker 2: But we want to do some kinds of community mess up community engagement events at City Field.
Speaker 1: Like we were gonna sit in like section five thirty, and we're all gonna like bring food. Yes, like we're Hawaiian shirts and we'll pull you guys.
Speaker 2: You guys, let us know in the commas what you like something like a Hawaiian shirt night or Buddy Ernie said he wanted to go to a game in a suit, yeah, which, like we all go to the games and suits I think will be funny.
Speaker 1: And the woman in formal wear dresses like like black tigh optional Mets game is funny. Yeah. Mark had that, Like we all sit again like in the four hundreds or five hundreds, and everybody brings a rotissary chicken. Yeah, and we just.
Speaker 2: Have ro tissary chicken eat off like on the picnic tables behind home plate in the upper deck. Weird weird stuff like that. So I think we're gonna organize a lot of this through the met Stuff Discord. So we're gonna put the link to join the met Stuff Discord in the description for this episode audio version and video version. And if you guys don't have Discord or don't know how to do discord, but you want to engage in these events. We try to check our DM as periodically as possible. Eve though a lot of them get you know, trapped in the in the in the abyss of sex robots, So just yeah, just try try a few times. Maybe then it'll actually get to our primary folders, not the spam where they all go usually.
Speaker 1: I ever think we'd say sex robots on the podcast. That's a that's a new one. It's just insane. When you like how many of these dms come through, you're like, this is ridiculous. Okay, So I got my thing that the ticket window to cancel opens on Friday, which is electric. I'm gonna say, when does it end? I just want I'm gonna make them sweat a little bit. But they're introducing new things before the end of the twenty twenty six season. We're offering an exclusive season ticket member benefit twenty percent discount on food, beverage, and twenty percent discount on all retail purchases. Honestly, just kind of a good deal. Save me twenty bucks on twenty percent on all that, my fifteen dollars beer becomes like twelve bucks. It's a little bit better. Plus, every ticket for the remaining regular season home games this year, including each ticket in your membership plan, comes with ten dollars in free money to spend every single game. The Mets are literally going to give you if you have a ticket to a game. And this for everybody out there, make sure you use the ten dollars amazing fan reward toward food, beverages or merchandise at city Field. They're giving away free money. Use it, cash it in, do everything you can again, maybe even just don't get the tickets for next season. Oh yeah, no, no, no, yeah, I'm not getting those. Although my seats I saw like an ad or something like that. Apparently the guy filmed the ad in my seats, like literally at where my seats are. I'm like, go, if I was at the game, I would have gotten in there. You picked a good seat. It's just bad team. If anybody wants Dodgers ticket, hit me up. I am not going to that one, and I'm cashing in on those now. You'll do a nice litt summer weekend. But got Frankie Peppers. Frankie Peppers, here.
Speaker 3: We go, gentlemen, this is Frankie Peppersay knowing for a team that uses artificial intelligence eight I as much as the Mets, though they're pretty stupid. I don't think Zach Thorne used any AI in his beautiful while pitching yesterday on Tuesday. Good for him, Good for that, young man. Tell me a favorite way my hot takers don't use AI to think. Tell me about your favorite time that you didn't use AI. Okay, gentlemen, thank you, let's go. Mets. Take care boys.
Speaker 1: My favorite time I didn't use AI to get my college degree. AI was not existing when we got our degrees. That's my proudest non AI moment. Yeah, thank god. Honestly, I think that it really was good to this new generation.
Speaker 2: They don't know the rush of like eleven fifteen, you guys, seven hundred and fifty words right by twelve.
Speaker 1: Because I promise you, if it existed, I would have been using it. Yeah, I mean, I mean we use quizling.
Speaker 2: I remember my dad like a master's degree lately, and he learned about quzzling.
Speaker 1: He was like this, thank guys, sitting exist went. I was like, student it rocks quizzling. Yeah, because it was great. But yeah, AI really happen. Not to use for education, really happy not to use it for all the actual writing I do. Yeah, you actually write.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of these sports websites are gonna get caught using tons of AI and flaying off a lot of actual people, which is complete bullshit.
Speaker 1: But that's just the way it's going. Sadly, it's called talent, James. That's what we got over here. Thank you guys for watching, Thank you for listening. Make sure you're subscribed over on YouTube. If you're listening to us, Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google drops a ring, drops a review, download and subscribe. You can follow James on social media at James Cianna. I'm Draftnick Mark. We'll catch you guys on the next one. Robert Murray Tomorrow Insider
Speaker 2: Peace Out, Peace that guys, let's come Masterdewing Tomorrow Out Thriving Yep.