Speaker 1: Yeah, I from you don't want to.
Speaker 2: Don't want to ask you a question real, let's just keep it real straight. Shoye with no Chase, I'm gonna get a little bit rougher. I'm here for it. Those who really believe in the American process, all of us street shot no Chase with your girl Chess will figure out on the Black Effect podcasting that where at work. Good morning, good morning?
Speaker 1: How you just.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us? You even you even short on camera. I'm trying to do up you saw yesterday I had to say, said, y'all, she ain't no but about four eleven and up there fighting all their conservatives in Tulsa, well all the time. Well, thank you for joining me. I know you in the middle of something. You got fifteen thousand, you know jobs that you do. But I wanted to bring you on for those who did not listen to the podcasts, which they need you to be listening to podcasts. First of all, I want to know, but if they did not listen to the podcasts or many many times that I've mentioned you, I'm always shouting you out. I did yesterday, like I said, I'm the vote and just wanted to tap in quickly, Christy, so they can know a little bit about the program black trying to see it for the program Black History Saturdays. So tell us quickly, because I don't want to take every vices time on a Saturday, But tell us quickly, what is Black History Saturdays? Why did you start it?
Speaker 1: Well, so first I want to say again thank you to us for having me, and.
Speaker 2: You picked the best day to do this.
Speaker 1: Today we're commemorating in nineteen twenty one Tousa race massacre where forty city blocks were destroyed in less than a few hours. And so today is that day, May thirty first, and so we're preparing to you know, demand justice and also just honored those ancestors.
Speaker 2: And so what a great day to do this.
Speaker 1: Black History Saturdays was a response to house those seventeen seventy five where our Governor Kevin Stidt said, we can't teach anything that's going to make white students uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: And our government Oklahoma, I want to make sure we're getting people in Oklahoma, the state of Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: So since he did that, I really got pissed off and I said, you know what, I'm gonna do something about it. I was going down there trying to fight, and I was like, why am I wasting my time doing this?
Speaker 2: So we need to be doing.
Speaker 1: This ourselves, and so I organized educators pre k to adults, found the building that my friend of mine who owns it, and so every third Saturday of a month we're we're having class. It starts at eight forty five, ends at two forty five. We do breakfast and lunch and again pre k to adults. I started out twenty twenty four with one hundred and twenty participants. Right now I have three hundred and eighty five participants.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And this house built is not only restricting the teaching of black history, but it's also banned over one hundred books in Oklahoma. Now there's twenty other states that are doing the same thing, twenty other states, and today there's over ten thousand books that have been banned. And of course, majority of those books are books of our black people. Every book of Maya Angelo, Tony Morris, and all the great black authors restricted banned.
Speaker 2: And you started and as a result, today you started a band book library. Yes, about that, the band book library.
Speaker 1: I started collecting all the band books that were in Oklahoma. Now have those so I am starting to collect all the band books across the country. And so right now we have over twelve hundred titles of books in our library and so the community can come in and check out books. We're actually doing a book swap on June twenty sixth or we're just getting people interested in reading these books.
Speaker 2: And these are our stories, these are our thoughts, right, the black thoughts.
Speaker 1: And so it's just important that we understand how critical this is because this Trump administration is just literally erasing our history, like people are really sitting behind it and pushing the leete. And so that is what's happening. And so we have to protect our own history. We have to preserve it, and we have to teach it and tell it.
Speaker 2: So tell me, Christy Dan, how did you Because some people say, I don't know what to do. I can't do nothing. I don't have the resources, I don't have a platform, I don't have the support. So explain to me, Christy how you or leaven in a state that and that's very important. You know, I joke about that, but that's very important because when we talk about pushing against white supremacy, there are threats that come with that. And even physical threats that come with that. So I say that, you know, I always tease you about because I'm sure too, But I say that because to do that, to even put yourself in physical harm, people need to know, like what this really is. So how is it that a woman four eleven black women in a state where every single county vast Republican, in a state that has taken some of the most aggressive conservative pushback on this history and banning and schools. No national platform because you know, a lot of people tell me, well, Teszl, you got a national platform, and not realizing that I didn't start with a national platform. I started actually doing the work. That's how it became national. Nobody put me in the game. No large national program platform in Tulsa, small city. How is it that you were able to do this and then eventually get partnership with National Geographic But yet so many people say what they can't do? Or were you able to do? What so many people say is just literally impossible. And by the way, I haven't even seen and it's not and it might be that I don't know, but I haven't seen large organizations that have funding, that have the resources, elected officials that have funding, that have the resource, they have connections do something like this. So how were you able to do it? And what do you say to those that say I can't do it because I don't have a platform, Because that's say, first excuse.
Speaker 1: You know, honestly knowing my history and studying people who who have done this before, and I understand that the great people like a Marcus Garvey and Malcolm X, they were all gunned down.
Speaker 2: They were I mean, you know they were.
Speaker 1: Murdered, you know, and so I know there's a fear, but understanding that history and that I know the power that I have in me. But I'm gonna say this tesling is really because of you that inspire me. You've inspired me because see people, a lot of people just probably caught you, you know now or just a little while ago, but people don't know how you stood.
Speaker 2: You was fighting for Moro Bird right by yourself. You the hosclass case.
Speaker 1: You was right living right by the police department there. We saw you doing that. You was doing that by yourself, and yes you told it me, but you are still short.
Speaker 2: You was out there doing that.
Speaker 1: You're training that I that I've always connected to you. You showed us, what the power we have to do it. And you've always said.
Speaker 2: Who you wait on? Ain't nobody coming. You just gotta do it. You gotta have faith, you gotta trust God. You gotta take that step. Let God take the resk He got you. And you've taught that.
Speaker 1: You You've instilled that in me, and so you people have to see that in the real time, you know, like, yeah, you can study history, but you gotta see people who need by example, and people see you, your beautiful woman. It ain't it's just not just glamour shots for you. You you've been in those streets. You are boots on the ground, and so yeah, you you do that with your lips on and off. Like people don't understand that, like and and so, and that's that having that, that living example, and that's what our kids need to see. They need to see the people that they see every day out here doing that. And that's what That's what you gave me.
Speaker 2: And so I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm just happy that I've had I'm gonna say happy, I'm blessed that I've had the training to push the line and out. I'm not just saying that because you're my thread that I bought here.
Speaker 2: It's the truth.
Speaker 1: There's no other training like the one that you provide, and there's no realist person out here on.
Speaker 2: This national platform than you. And that's just somebody, really, I hope with somebody appreciate it. Yeah, that's I appreciate you saying. And I wasn't expecting you to say that, but I do appreciate him. For guys, for those who are listening, she's talking about a case and to us, Oklahoma, Mo Roe Bird, rest in peace to him. And you know, it was literally just a handful of us out there, you know, protesting for him and you know, really trying to fight the good fight, and again in these states where you do not have the support on anybody. In a matter of fact, my Roe stepbrother, a stepdad, was very critical of us, you know, and he became once he saw like, yeah, you're your son too. You know your son too. They will take his name and they will turn his name into something and they can be somebody that he's not. Then he got on board and he was lead the protest. So people do I have to see by example. And that's why, guys, when I say when I'm giving all receipts. It's not from a bragging standpoint. It's because I want you to know it is a lot of people on these platforms and youtubes and podcasters, and you know, they they talk, They love talking about the problems and what we need to do with to do. But I don't never see you on the ground. And there's nothing wrong with that. If you want to talk about it, talk about it, but I do there has to be some distinction. There has to be some distinction because it's one thing for me to make relationship podcasts, but ain't never been in a relationship. It's one thing for me to talk about marriage. They never had a marriage. It's one thing they talk about children and never had any children. I'll push you back when people say, well this with kids, and that would always say do you have children? Oh no, but this is what I would No, No, we can't. We were not peers. Great idea, but we're not peers. So there's something to actually going through it and giving that real information. And one of the things trained Christy that we talk about in the training as you know, because those of y'all don't know. Christy was the trainee and then became the trainer. So I hired her in twenty twenty two to come down, both her and Vanessa to come down and actually teach. I created the format, the modules. Christy went in and added her her point of view, and she trained our organizers. We had I think Christy had the largest class because we we had three hundred that came from all over the country. Then they split up in three different rooms and Christy had the organizers and we did that from I remember when Christy was adding to the curriculum and she started out kind of advanced, and I was like, no, Christy, start from day one. Start from the point of view is just sitting in the room and saying what do I do? He was like, oh, okay, let me start because sometimes you know, we think people are at level three, four, five, six, you know, No, start from I'm just sitting in the room and trying to figure out, God, what do you have for me? Let me know, start right there. And then when I did these said okay, teestim, I see you want to go, oh oh yes, we have to teach them from what about about me? What do you have for me? And we take that for granted. Christy eating for those and I want you to know what the training. Even of those who are experienced, or you think you experienced, I promise you there's another experience that I can give you, another perspective, another point of view, or somebody in the class. That's why being a part of the class, it's not only important Christy to get the knowledge, but also the course dashboard, that community form. I'm so excited right now people just going in, you know, just putting their name and why they're here. But you watch what I tell you, because I always tell you watching it always come up past away every time. The people that are on that dashboard, you guys, you are going to connect with each other. You are going to build with each other. You are going to work with each other. You don't have to live and talk so to help Christy. You don't have to live in Atlanta. To help Mike. You don't have to. These are things that we can do virtual and Christy, as you know, we can't depend on everybody show up. It's just you and Vanessa most of the time. And that's what on that module when I say it's not about me, it's not about we, It's about what Christy. It's about we. It's about me. No, it's not about me. Yeah, it's about me. Don't be talking about what they ain't doing. What you're doing though, what you're putting on the game. So I am excited about that. I also want to talk. Christy has been funded, praise God, buy National Geographic to do this program several hundred thousand dollars cent. So she'd love to her see when you don't have it, he will send you somebody. You know. The body says, I'll send you a comforter and sometime they comfort the center check. And so she has been funded in this program, but guys, I cannot tell you enough. I want to make sure that she also has some independent funding as well, with a five in the check if you all believer. I want to make sure sees one thing. Give money to people y'all that ain't doing the work, and it's another to do it, to see it, to look at the pictures, to see the videos and see what they're doing. Christy is doing the work work, and she feeding folks who give them greens and hammocks and chicken wings. And I'm like, damn, Christy ain't with a four hour class. They come here, he's full breakfast and they get a full loun you know that she really really give it to it and it's free in person. It's free in person in Tulsa. But we will also want to bring this class online. Guys. The first class was a July nineteen. What day did you say? So like July nineteeenth. She's doing it through to push the line platform. My platform, guys, says Faigo dot com. Right now, you can just sign up to get on the mailer's list. Be guys, I am going to be charging for that class. So if y'all think it's not it is. It's fifty bucks, it's no you know, like everything else, two hour class with Christy and she'll have plenty of course materials for you to download, trust me, because she loves she loved course tis when she was doing the classic Christy here if you add another slide, she loves slides, she loved graphy, she loved christ Butteria. So you're going to get overloaded of information. And this is a class that I really want to be clear about. The fifty dollars CHRISTI, I want to say per household. And the reason why I say that is because I want you to gather your friends and family around. We're not trying to not trying to be stingy every fifty everybody. I can't control it anyway, you know, if you're in fifty people in the room. But I am saying this intentionally that I want you to think about who can be in that room with you. Have a girl Saturday, have your cousins come over, have your family come over, so that you can get this information from Christy. I can't do it for free. She can no longer keep doing everything for free because I want she's gonna be paid for that, just so y'all know, I want those revenues so she can have another stream because the thing that out of is gouds. We can't always soly depend on grants, as y'all see right now with this trave administration, they can take away grants overnight. And we want this program but still be alive and well. So although I appreciate her doing it in Oklahoma online, I'm using my PLATFORMORM. I'm to partner with Christy and I'll be even tell Chrissy, you need to continue to do stuff. I've encouraged her, just say, y'all know, continue to do stuff on your own online. Continue to do that online, but still charge people because you have to get something, you know, for this information so that you are in a position to continue the program if the grant stops, and that is the main thing, and it takes funding, you doing, yeah, a full time damn job, you know. So it's j July nineteenth. Guys, sign up at teeslimfigo dot com. That's the pre order. All you're doing is putting your name on the list to be notified. I think right now we have about thirty five people because I said, I want to just kind of see, you know, who will be interested. So we're moving forward the class regardless of who's in the class or now. We're moving forward with it. But guys, please please please be a part of it. Support Christy you got she's here on this live so go to her Instagram, follow her, follow her program. If you want to donate to her program, she has all of that available on what is it Black History Saturday dot com, Get blacks Saturdays dot com. Don't donate to her, Guys, every dollar counts five dollars, ten dollars, three dollars. We take it all, take it all in order to keep you know, keep the program going I'm just gonna look down and see if we got any questions. If you have any questions asking now. If not, I'm gonna not take too much time on your Saturday do anything else, Chris, you want to close out with.
Speaker 1: I just want to tell people when they take this class on July nineteen, it's not going to be just your ordinary black black history class. Of course, you're going to be learning black history, but you're gonna be learning about a blueprint and a lot of people, like we talk about the massacre that happened in Greenwood Black Wall Street, but we're gonna be talking about how they rebuilt because it's so important for us to not be stuck on the tragedy that happened May thirty.
Speaker 2: First, nineteen twenty one.
Speaker 1: But people need to know that we were built by nineteen twenty five and it was better than what it was before. And so you're gonna learn about how that happened. Is that what you're gonna do for your first class, Kay class, and we're going to talk about the enslaved Africans who was on the trail of tears and talk about the tribes in Oklahoma and how black folks have been freedman of these tribes. And so they're gonna get something that you know, don't get everywhere, that you don't get everywhere. And so this is gonna be a reading lesson, but it's also going to kind of, I think, really push them as we push the line, because they're gonna get all the nuggets that you give Kuseling, but this one is I think it's gonna ground them into history and letting them know that this can be done.
Speaker 2: And so come ready to learn.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna lead, Ready to lead, and we're gonna do that with our stories.
Speaker 2: But it's so important to talk about the rebuild. That's what we need. Yeah, let's make sure you tiled it that like, that's make sure we put that in the court, like you know, the rebuild, because right now we are in a build. If you've never built, if we're in the building stage, we're in the rebuilding. If I know, if it's one thing I know of how to rebuild, y'all, I can live move probably fifteen times, five different states, star stop, star stop, star stop, start over, lose it all, start over, lose it all, start over, lose it all. Man, I know a little bit. Somebody rebuild it as I was there fighting for the Morrow birth case in the hospital rep case. That was me leaving Orlando, Florida because we lost the contract to do to healthcare reform and I had nothing. I was working for fifty dollars a day substitute teaching and still fighting, still fighting. What was going to the radio working for free, you know, doing what I could to work free, work for free on their case. By the way, one pay one dollar, one pay one dollar. So yeah, we definitely got the stories. And man, god it so in any awesome guy, Christy, I'm so excited to be going back to Orlando ten years later. There's something about the ten ten years later, you know, I love my ten. Something about the ten to go back and family law my first year in law school. I'm sold back and get back. Thank you, to go back and get back everything that I lost plus ten. He will bless you ten pods. So I'm just excited, guys. I put the website at the botto because somebody asked for it testimfigure dot com. It's just click on the train and push the line training and roll in. It says it's free preview. It's on the first page it's a black Hish for Saturdays and roll there so we can stay you know, in contact with you guys. I'm going to start marketing the class after the first class because I don't want you to think nobody scamming, you know, So that bet on that because if you're not in to push the line class roles and responsibilities for Cannadi's campaign workers, operations active as you should be just giving me one chance. Just give me one chance. Come to one class and then find out you're gonna be a Christian about five years. That's just a fact. But that one class fifty bucks, two hours interactive alive with me of course materials. But you also, somebody in the chat put this. You can watch the replay. Somebody put replay, Oh thank you. I want to know if she said the website is super easy to advogate. I appreciate that. I'm as i'm learning this program, I'm also you know, trying to see everys we can approve. So somebody in the chat put replay, replay. You can watch the replay. I don't want you to say, oh, I'm not available on the fourteenth. No, don't worry about that. Once you purchase a class. You have nothing to lose. The replay will be there immediately after we get down the class. As long as it taking me to upload it back into the dashboard, it will be available for you. So sometimes it's even better Christy because people can stop start rewind what she say again. You know all of that, Thank you Shine, so you can watch the replay. It is a five course program. Five course program. Course one is critical because it lays the foundation for two, three, four or five. Ambition of a rider, which is community coalition standing on business, which is legal compliance. Show me my opponent, which is about identifying who your opponent is. Even if you're an organizer, you still have an opponent. It's called the system and what's helped on ambitional ride of where soldiers, community standing on business, Show me my opponent. It seems like I'm missing one my courses, y'all, but bottom line is you have five of them. Make sure you're on course one. Course two is going to be immediately following in July. I'm giving y'all thirty days to go back and watch Course one and then come on board course too. Christie's course will be between that time after that. Christie, of Course three four five. I'm not giving y'all thirty days. We will probably moving on that. We're going two three weeks because we're not gonna take no all years, get through no five courses, and again you can always go back and watch the replay by the end, and then we're start rolling out electives. There's electives that people need to you know, like how did you start your funding just on that? You know, how did you get start the business just on that? How can you know? How do you manage a candidate from out of state? You know. So we're going to roll out of electives as we go. By the end of the spring next year, you'll have about twenty plus courses that you can get at any time. And even right now, guys, go check out the digital downloads. I did one for free. I want to know y'all feedback on that too. Sixty people overnight downloaded that. Sixty people Christy overnight downloaded the free digital download on the on self management, how to manage yourself. You know, I'm big on self I don't want here no excuse, so y'all let me know what y'all think about that too. And then I added another one Christie on a self care. You know, do y'all love talking about self care and protecting peace? Well that's all y'all talk about. I'm over worried about disrupting peace. But for the peace protectors, I download. I created a self care workbook just to give you some things to think about, you know, as you balance, you know, because we got to still do the work, so we need to balance work, spiritual help, all those different things. That's available twenty bucks. Guys, you're really just supporting the program. You're really just supporting the program so we can keep people paid and we can grow this. We need sales, folks, we need digital people, we need admins. This is a real school for real and real time. So let me know what you'll think about that as well. And I'm going to continue to put those type of digital downloads if you have any Christian I mean telling you now, like any thing you want to give people for free, let's put it on the you know, because I know you love that. Put that on. Put that on the digital download, just to give people something so they know they're getting something. I think, Oh, thank you, Sean. Will each course have a lot of training? Yes, well not every course shout out to Demetrius Lord jout with Atlanta Direct their constituent services. Once again, while we're talking about see Christ, it is what I'm talking about, push the line on the local and state level. When you push, you too can have the mayor's office jump on your line. Well, somebody said it don't be a lot of people on the line. It don't matter the right people on the line. This is what local organizing is about. Guys. I'm going to teach you that ambition of right is about community coalitions, traditional and non traditional. This is what's supporting. So answer a question every All of the course and the Push the Line program, all five of those will be live, Yes, but I do have other trainings that are recorded, like, for example, top ten things small mistakes small businesses make. I did a quick video on that's twenty five dollars course. It's the video and again based on me winning again, hate y'all. I gotta just say it, Christ, because receives are important. My one twenty twenty three Minority Entrepreneur of the Year from the US Department of Commerce. I've won two awards from Orlando Business Journal. I've won over five awards in Business with Staffing, three hundred employees plus or don't get it to us that I am a for profit business without scamming y'all online, so my actual real business. So there will be some recorded courses like that, yes, but if you want to be in the live class, then yes, put those dates on your calendar. But I also, guys, want to make sure you know the live class because it's hundreds of people. That's the goal. We will be monitoring the chat, you know, pulling questions, making sure I'm answering all those questions. But don't just get discouraged about just thinking you got to be in the live I guarantee that somebody's gonna ask a question that you want to know, So even on the replay, you're still gonna get everything. You're still gonna get everything. So I just I don't want y'all held up on the live part. My girlfriend yesterday said, I got some tickets to go to the briblem go to a play on here. Can I still watch? Yes, the replay is really really important, guys, because don't don't worry. I'm gonna answer all your questions and somebody else is gonna ask it, so watch their replay. Of course, one I know y'all gonna steal it like y'all do the Netflix past past words, So I just want y'all know y'all ain't fooling me. I know y'all gonna share it with somebody, and that's fine. Share it now, of course, two three, four, of course two through five. You're I'm gonna have access for thirty days. Somebody in the comments put thirty days after the replay is published, because I can't just give y'all everything for free, So you're gonna steal it. Steal it in thirty days of course, one though lifetime access. I'm doing that because I am a one woman shot. I don't have a publicist. These are things I'm teaching people to Christie in real time. I don't have a publicist, I don't have a marketer, I don't have an agent. So you guys are my publicist. So while you stealing, thinking you stealing it, because actually it's actually stealing my content. Let's just name it. But you also may be giving somebody don't have fifty dollars or somebody, and that's fine. I encourage you to share it because what I hope is Christy whoever they share it with, will come join the program for two through five, right, and if they don't two through five five, that's what that might be our next mayor So either way, I'm planting a seed. Somebody say, can we email our questions if they don't get answered live? Great question. The good part about it is the course you're enrolled in allows you access to the dashboard for the community dashboard, so I jump in, so yes, that's where you can ask questions. That's where your co teacher, which is what I call y'all, they may be able to answer it. They may be able. This is a troll free environment, so yes, you will be able to end the course dashboard not emailing me directly. It ain't gonna be no email directly. This is what people who are invested in the course. So when you enroll in the course, there's a community dashboard for everybody who's enrolled, and that's where you can ask those questions. That's where I'm gonna you have direct access to me. It's not gonna be on Instagram live. This is a real class, a real training, a real program, a real school. I have a master's an adult education, I write curriculum for real. I have the knowledge the expertise. I've done it. I've been a candidate, I've been an operative, I'm national local state, I've been an organizer meaning getting people in the room to take action, and an activist. So I've done it all. And experts like Christie will be bringing in from time to time as well. So yes, you get direct access to me. You get direct access to me by getting in that community dashboard. Very very excited. I'm so excited, guys. We did this two down twenty two Christy. As you know, people have been waiting and waiting and waiting on that. I was just trying to figure out, you know, how to make it work because I was wanting to do in person, as you know, because you know you always trying to give me a come in person for five hours. Yeah, she tried to try out somebody in the comments push she tried it last week. Well that's how she called it.
Speaker 1: Well tell us in Christian days over not that already been to Tussa for five six times for free.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear nobody. You know, I have got to play the Greens and I'm creaking chicken girl. Were done with that? You better tell them me to get online. Yeah, we're done with that law school forty recks. Oh yes, and Jada going to pray view. Jada need all that shit, honey, she needs. Jada need her hair and nails and lashes and clothes. And hey, hey, y'all, great shout out to her dad. You know, I was showing Jeff love shout out to her dad. But Mom got made sure. Mama got made sure. So y'all gonna go in on this. Yeah, somebody got to go in on this.
Speaker 1: But Christy tried it though. She said everybody gonna be there for this, and that she'll put her little hands them. I know when she called them, you call them or something for free. Yes, the little voice, Christy. What's going on, Christy? My eyes be closed, like what's going on, Christy? Because I know what's coming? Well, you know they uphip she tried to give me. Come people, they say, say, they all want them.
Speaker 2: To stand up here because are they They are reparations, which they're doing big things, guys. And again come to the course. She can tea you more about what they're doing in Tulsa. They coming. I want you to stand with us. Just be at a stamp. I said, good, it's gonna cost. So I don't think you want paper what it costs? Get me to stand, because you're standing costs. Standing costs. My colleagues run around there getting twenty five thousand and thirty ten off top, like that's what it is off top? Will y'all gonna see it? Get a spot and all girl, y'all don't know that. Don't do that. It's better just to they're deal with me online because I don't want to. I don't want to take your money for that.
Speaker 1: So every wind got Oh yeah, she definitely keep asking, And that's the part to push the line.
Speaker 2: It's she's supposed to keep asking. You are absolutely supposed to keep asking, do you want to build anything? I expect Christy to ask, and she can expect me to say no. Praise God. So this is what.
Speaker 1: That's why, y yeah kee bacause yeah, that's why. At one time, I don'ton't you remember, but someone on your life They was like, you don't even never came and support Greenwood Black Wall Street. I was like, that's a lot Testling and ben here Moore you're talking about and I'm supporting in that, So what are you talking about? And again, what are they doing, they're looking at them. What are y'all doing to support? So so now Chris is supposed to keep asking. That's a part of what we train. As an organizer. You do have to keep asking over and over and over.
Speaker 2: If you have challenges with that, you're gonna have challenges with this. But if you don't ask, somebody else asked. So again, these are the things that you learn in the training. These are things you learn learn learned in the training. If y'all want my free game, no problem, go to the podcast. Yep, you'll get that. But if you want the step by step step one, two, three, four, this is the all the stuff they don't tell y'all come to the training. So with that being said, thank you so much, Christy. What are y'all quickly? Because what do y'all have going on today in Tulsa?
Speaker 1: Uh huh? So today is the Legacy Fest, So it'll be just some music, it's some vendors out there, food trucks.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of classes going on too.
Speaker 1: Marcus Anthony is here, so he's going to be doing a class at twelve thirty, So it's some programming and things going on. And then tomorrow June first, our mayor will actually announce our role to repair as it relates to reparations. We just got our black mayor December two. He has actually designated June first as our city wide holiday to commemorate the nineteen twenty one tousa Is massage.
Speaker 2: So he'll get in Oklahoma County, every single county, most Republican. Go ahead, Chris, I gotta keep stressing it because these people be having excuses in these liberal states, and I don't understand the theory.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and so I also chair of the Beyond Apology Reparations Commission for the City of Tulsa, and we made recommendations. We requested twenty five million dollars for housing for people to have down payments, closing costs, for people who want to stand in their halls. They get money to help revitalize that home.
Speaker 2: Did y'all hear that. I don't think y'all heard that. Hold on, they didn't get it, She says, she's sharing the reparate And I know again to reparations community, we are still pushing for cut the check for two days can be done at the same time, but at the same time, people also need housing. They also need So these are the thing again, How is CHRISTI doing this in a state where every single county most Republican And here y'all sitting back with the audacity, with the audacity to feel you can't do anything. No Christie working working, y'all? She working work? Does she chair that? What else you chair the Black Chamber of green Wall Street?
Speaker 1: What else you do is run down quickly, you know, with a founding board member with our friend Vanessa hall Harp or the city councilor for this area, Greenwood District Guard.
Speaker 2: And you also managed her campaign as well. Yes, people want Christian Yeah? Does she also knows how to manage campaigns? These are the type of experts of bringing to you go.
Speaker 1: Ahead, Oh yeah, co founding member of the Black Wall Street Chamber of Commerce, also the historic agree with Main Streets. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And what else am I old?
Speaker 1: And now I am an advisor on the National Geographic Advisory Council for the Endowments of Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Okay, So hold on, Pauls, because I need to notice you went from having a program the National Geographic invested several hundred thousand and two to then putting you in leadership positions. Somebody in the comments putting leadership that went from not just being a recipient but also owning her space as a leader. That's a real thing. Guys, Now just about just get Now you have more equity, Now you have more safe Now you have positioning. It's critically important. I just wanted to pause that because I needed people to connect that dot. Go ahead, Christy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I'm on the advisory council for the endowments for National Geographic in Oklahoma. And then also now I am I have my own board game teaching black history. We're still doing the test this phase. It's and the focus group, and it's called the Rebuild.
Speaker 2: And so look, I love that, guys. Put a forward in the chat. If that sound because my phone went out a little bit. Christy is creating a board game. Black hasory board game called Rebuild. Put a ford in the chat. If that sound need to you, I'm gonna keep going tell you about that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this game is going to be so critical to us as black people, and I'm working hard to make that accessible to everyone. I've partnered with National Geographic on this game. So I literally have one of the best game designers in the country, a black woman who is doing this thing that I got through National Geographic, so I'm pushing. I don't want to say too much about the game yet, but it's going to be dope. But it's called The Rebuild, and it's going to have over two hundred years of black Oklahoma history. But I'm making it to also where it's a tiplate for every black community in this country, so your information can fill.
Speaker 2: Into that game.
Speaker 1: So it doesn't have to be about Oklahoma, because we need games that's going to actually challenge us, and so that's what The Rebuild is about. But it's designed to make you understand how we have to always keep rebuilding and hopefully one day somebody's gonna get in and say we got to stop being so resilient from surviving to thriving. These kids are tomorrow's policymakers, and so we need to challenge that. I'm also going to be working on a video game of black history and so it'll be my age and the gaming and so I'm really looking forward to that as well.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of you guys. Again. Christy is a descendant a descendant of the survivors of the Tussa massacre, So you are talking directly from the source. Oklahoma has a lot of history with Native American that you guys don't know. The Oklahoma flag for those who don't know, literally a Native Americas. There's a lot of history, rails of tears and enslavement and all of our partner partnerships you know down there. My great grandmother is on the roads in Oklahoma, Muskogee, Chickashaw, all of those different places that you guys don't know about. Thus the history you guys don't know about. So my dad's family is from Louisiana, mom is Oklahoma. So there's a lot, a lot of lot of history that I'm excited that Chris is going to bring you online. Guys, I'm excited. Women in the building, brothers in the building needs you. We need you to lead women. I'm doing a direct call of action you because it takes women ten times more to be asked. We got to keep asking you over and over and over to get involved. Absolutely, don't worry about who you know. Don't worry about I don't know nobody I can. Don't worry about it. I'm gonna find you somebody. Don't worry about it. I'm on in the.
Speaker 1: Mix, especially if I want to show y'all something. Oh yeah, y'all, little tree, y'all, little treat. I'm in the historic vernon Ami church and the basement survived the nineteen twenty one Toasta Race massacre. And I'm gonna take you into a space where we kept original where people came here to hide for three days and they survived.
Speaker 2: Here we're in the basement of this church. Wow. So I'm gonna show you that we still have.
Speaker 1: Let me try to go around. You can see the damage. Wow, that has happened. So this is this is the because of the bombing.
Speaker 2: O why this fall? And it's still here? So we to break it down from what year and still been here? Wow. When y'all get in real history, in real time yep.
Speaker 1: And in this pole, I don't know if you can see because it's kind of dark on this side, but this pole was encased in brick and mortar, and right now it's I mean, the bombing exposed this pipe, this pole and you can't probably see it here, but there is still burning on this pole. The ashes, the aftermath is still here. We had people come to a study in this room and they said, this is a gold mine in archaeology because the after the aftermath is still here that elements had been been in this room, so all the residues from the fire to bombing is still in this space.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. What I want you to do, Chrissy, is record a video of that that matches your class so we can put that in the course dashboard. So what I love about and I hope you guys who are in rolled have went to the course dashboard. It's not just zoom, you know. Zoom is what we're doing the live class, but it has so much information. We can give you quizes, surveys, videos, PDFs like a real school, guys. So I want you to record something like that that matches your training so that you can put that in the video as you build you know, that course out because people need to see that. That's very powerful. Yeah yeah, and I know you'll do it. I know you are extra do it. You love PDF, you love slies, you love you know all that stuff. So take advantage, guys of that course dashboard. And so I'll just say this and closing, because I put a survey out we need more campaign workers guys. You know most people say candidate or organizers, which I'm glad about that, but we need more campaign workers. Want you guys to know you can do this work virtually from anywhere. Do this work virtually from anywhere, So stay in tuned for that. So again, Christy, I'm gonna close it out because I want to keep this live up. I want to get too long. People you know, stop watching. But Christy, thank you for the work. Thank you for being a prime example. If nothing else to encourage me to know that somebody listening, you and Vanessa have warned your push the line t shirts on TV. I'll take me everywhere. I'll ben I am honored. If I can't make it into heaven, you're gonna need a one card that might give me. You know, if I'm up, if I'm.
Speaker 1: Up there, negotiating, if I'm up there, negotiation, because you know everything, negotiat if I'm up.
Speaker 2: If they say that, if you say, well you ain't good enough. And look what about Christy?
Speaker 1: Though you see at least somebody yeah, yeah, they took the information and did something with it.
Speaker 2: And so doing this work often in times more than not, you feel it's in vain. Often times you say, you know, one is it gonna make sense? Yeah? When you lose it all in Oklahoma, having to start all the way over, me and my daughter sharing one room, two twin beds, police officer next door, challenging the police system. The very unit that officer is called the rape thirteen black women was assigned to. So what do you do? Do you? Speak up? Shut up? Sit down? What do you do? Ma'am? We got some stories to tell, and I want to make sure you guys are part of the journey. I want to make sure you as a part of the journey. Make sure you enrolled. Tell some fair goal dot com. I'm expect them to see some enrollments today. Got to set expectations, Christy, I want expect to see some enrollments today. Go download the free self management. You know that's what you want. Invest in the program, guys, go and roll and Christie's Black History again. It says free now. But we are gonna be charged with make sure y'all know that. I gotta repeat that, christ because you know they're gonna stay all that tell it. So I gotta repeat that. I did that because that was the only way I could put the course up there to seat you don't want to see how many people actually be interested in it, yep, and they've been pleasantly surprised. So go and roll telling Peper dot com and roll in black history. That's letting us know, Hey, I I want to be in the room, y'all. Get it going. July nineteenth. Put that date on the calendar, June fourteenth, will see you and push the line. Christie, I love you, I mean I really do. And Christy y'all she be painting and gardening and all. She is just a really a renaissance woman. Guys. I just appreciate y'all riding with me all the way. I really really do. From a distance, you still can find good partnerships guy, guys, and that's what I'm ladies. Step up, step up. Don't think it ain't nothing to do. You don't have to be a you don't have to be a orgin. You don't have to be an I'm like, you'll have to run. You might have to be a candy that just little fingers at home, just helping people the spreadsheet together, sending out emails, scheduling clients. I mean, you know, candidates, it's something you can do. Don't don't get don't why I haven't worked in politics. So I don't know. I don't have no experience one y'all. My favorite types, y'all my favorite type. You ain't never been in all or none. You're my favor You're my ideal type. Because the people who've been involved seem to know it all and don't know nothing, and the numbers show it. So I'd rather people that let's let's start from scratch, you know, so that we can really get some real building around here. All right, guys, I'm going to head onto my flight. Thank you Christy for taking out time today, enjoy the rest of festivities today and talks to Oklahoma guys. We look forward to seeing you go. Also to Christie's website, Black History Saturday dot com. Send her ten bucks, send her five bucks. Let's keep her funded, guys, even if you're not in Oklahoma, Let's kick Remember guys, I talk about save stack, stacking your resources. Step. This is Christy and our partner together, Push the oh come Black History Saturday's partnering together. Third thing, secure, Secure the nonprofits secure, sc scary, but you do that, uh, investing in the ones that you actually believe in, even five dollars, ten dollars. I love them people seeing me in cash and they say, I know this ain't much, but it's something fired out man, that five dollars come from the soul. Exactly, come from the soul. It's a blessed. It's a blessing because it's it's all they're letting me know it. That's all you have. That's all you have, man, I'm getting I can preach about that. That says a lot. And also another tip, these are tips you'll get in training when we look. When I look to see the strength of a person's uh candidacy and I go look at how they fundraise. I look at those five dollars, ten dollars twenty audoination. Those are far more powerful than the five hundred because they tell me that's an individual that truly believes and that's what they had to give. So don't get that twisted. Don't think that he won't bless you tenfold. I'm a witness, a living witness. He will give it back to you, and you can trick the system. You can't. When I say system, some of the most high and you don't give just to say well, I'm giving it, he'll give it back. No, you don't. He don't owe you nothing he woke you up this morning, he gave give you more than enough. In that old school song say if you never do anything else, you've done enough. So what do you have to give back? The audacity of not giving back with the skills that he's given us, the power that he's given us, the breath that he's given us, y'all do too much negotiating with the Lord for me? You know you hear a lot of people Christian out y'all you need to do it because he'll give it back. Here we saying that, But what if you don't never give it back? You want to give it back to you? Who are you to sit there and negotiaate with the most high No? You owe it. You owe it. And it's gonna be a time you're gonna stand up and the question gonna be asked, what did you do? And it ain't gonna be w I emailed test I'm but she never responded that, No, what did you do for the least of these? And unfortunately, but fortunately you getting ready to me the whole bunch of least of these? A lot of people that had it ain't out to have it. I done been there before, and we're gonna see what you're gonna do to step up and the Gate he was a being and Gate kept right now in this moment. And Chris, you know, I talked about this twenty fifteen in my poem. I said this was coming. I said, I'm cloning this moment national Comradie Cask get closing for political poetry. I'm the coldest. Oh, yes, I knew. I saw y'all for y'all saw me. That's what I mean when I said I'm cloning this moment, cloning somebody that somebody's doing the same thing somewhere. I just got to meet him, bring them to me. That's what he did did before I went technically national on the Breakfast Club in twenty eighteen. So I'm gonna living witness. Make sure you're part of class, guys. Tell him Fago dot com, sign up for Black History, give five dollars twenty dollars something to Black History Saturday dot com. You can follow Christie right now. She should get at least ten follows right now. Can I count on ten people to at least follow her? Can you at least follow Christie right now? Now? Y'all go follow Christy Williams Black history Saturdays. Can I count on ten people before? Like the Church? I gotta do, y'all like church? Can you put a five in the chat? If I can count on you to follow Christy so she can get at least ten people on the Instagram. You can't do nothing else, at least follow the movement? Can I count on ten of you to do it? I'ma do, i'ma do like Marrissapa, I'm locked locked the doors and might lock the door till I get ten people. Yeah, I'll lock y'all l C too. Hey, I ain't gonna feel bad about it. Somebody. We're gonna get some understanding right out. Don't let me turn tomorrow and seas. Okay, So we got one, two, three, four, come on, let's keep it going five if we need ten people, six maybe four more? Four more? Lock the doors. Somebody locked the door, put a door in the chat, put the door in the chat. We locked the door till we get four more. You got to get gressive about this organizer sometime, y'all. Okay, the no one more? We need three more and three more people follow Christy on Instagram? Anyone else just follow her? You know, I want to build her age.
Speaker 1: Out three months, Christy to put the door lock the doors. Okay, we got one more. We need two more people.
Speaker 2: The doors ain't to do, not to say the doors of the church open, the doors of the church close around these streets. That's why y'all want me being no pastor, because I'll be absolute locking doors. We need to more long you see, Christian, it's a good point. It's a long name. How do I go directly from here? I mean what I told you, Christy about the name, So this is real time stuff, y'all was longer than this. I had to tell Christy. I said, Chris, you need to change that. It's gonna be hard people when you go national. You need to change it so people can find you. The reason why she put Christi Williams underscore Black History Saturdays. You've tagging any of that, it's going to pull it up. But I had. I had to show her that in real time. I'm glad you brought that up. Christie, listens to what I say. If y'all just listen to what I say, I promise you not trying to, but I promise you I'm not gonna leave you the wrong way. That was one of the things that Christian I talked about about being able to find her on Instagram, And that's one thing you learned and change your local How people reach out to you locally is different than national. Oh mom, I'm glad you brought that up so you could see that in real time. So again, just you know Christi Williams on the score. Like if you just type in any of that's plenty of Christy Williams. So the reason why she had to put Black History Saturday's attached to it is because there's a lot of Christi Williams, and so she wanted to identify that with that, and then when I'm tagging her in different things, I want you to know exactly what she's connected to. So that is a very intentional I g handle all right, guy, So we'll see y'all think we got our ten and let me know, Chris, I can follow up because I come back on this live. Let me know if you at least got ten new followers today, give me a follow up. That's another thing you learn about organ I gotta get the data. I get follow ups. Can't you say that?
Speaker 1: You gotta know follow So I'm gonna be asked, did you get ten because if now we're gonna open this live back up and somebody go follow somebody.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, y'all been blessed, have a blessed day. Christy, thank you so much, you too.
Speaker 1: If you like what you heard on straight Shot No Chaser, please subscribe and drop a five star review and tell a friend.
Speaker 2: Straight Shot No Chaser is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network in iHeartRadio on TESZLM figure out and I like to thank our producer editor mixer Dwayne Crawford and our executive producer Charlottmagne to God. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts