Speaker 1: Hey everybody, thanks for watching this week's episode. We want to promote where you can see us.
Speaker 2: For tickets, go to Joe gattofficial dot com and see all my door dates.
Speaker 3: For Steve's go to punch Up dot Live backslash Steve hyphen Burn.
Speaker 1: That's bet y r I need. He makes it super easy to find him. And now on to the episode.
Speaker 4: Was the problem were a ticket? MND, Hey, Stevie, Hi, Joseph, we're back.
Speaker 1: It's Tuko Moms.
Speaker 5: I'm Joe Data, I'm Steve Burn, and we are here with some friends. We are here with some friends from Mobile, Alabama. That's right, sister city to New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Right, klats everybody, so.
Speaker 4: Hold on real quick. If they're sister cities, I believe that Mobile is the girl you'd want to bring home and marry, and New Orleans is the sister that likes to the nias.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 4: We'll see it's a pretty good okay depending Mobile?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I agree with it.
Speaker 1: He was with you the whole way along the way. Sorry, I want to Yeah, let's dive in. I wanted to say a couple of things. It was before we started rolling.
Speaker 2: I wanted to talk about some slight body shaming that was going on about my friends and his rolls and his shirt when he sat down. No, no, you can keep it up. I just want to let you know that I am a fellow. I had to cut the back of my shirt.
Speaker 4: Wait what, so be a self?
Speaker 1: Here, be a self? Yeah, I cut my shirt.
Speaker 4: You're butting it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: It's a safe space, mane space.
Speaker 4: In the back of my shirt.
Speaker 1: I realized, that's how good is this?
Speaker 4: Go buy a shirt.
Speaker 1: No, I was going to throw this out.
Speaker 2: It was a last weare situation. I take my take my I take my garbage clothes on the road. If it's like a last were I'll bring it and I'll make it like a thing. I'll take my shirt off on stage.
Speaker 4: You're like wow, thanks, It'll go to Nordstrom rack it. It'll just be like I just I didn't pack enough. I'm just gonna buy some clothing. And he blinds clothing and then like literally, like he said, he'll just take it off whenever.
Speaker 1: I will care if it looks good. I just need a shirt.
Speaker 7: I know that's a thing. You just scared to move up to the next size. You still buy that medium.
Speaker 1: It's a sclarge extra large large. But yeah, thanks guys for coming. This is so cool. I have never met you.
Speaker 2: I have heard your music because Steve plays it all the time, and uh, it's.
Speaker 1: So nice that you guys were able to come and hang out.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So you guys just had a show last night at Paramount Brooklyn.
Speaker 6: Paramount Brooklyn Paramount.
Speaker 4: And what what part of the tour is this is? Are you guys is it like a never ending tour basically or is it like are you kind of in the middle.
Speaker 6: This is the fall tour and that started at the beginning of September.
Speaker 7: That's that's one day after summer tour.
Speaker 1: So you guys do like a perpetual thing. You just changed the season.
Speaker 4: Do you have some downtime coming up soon?
Speaker 6: It was originally our last shows like November tenth, I think, and then but then the CMA's come along and then some other stuff got added on top of that. So I think now we're going all the November twenty third is uh when we'll officially be done.
Speaker 8: And I think they're trying to take December away from us also, they're taking it away.
Speaker 4: They they always Seacrest is knocking. Yeah, yeah, that's right right by the way. Congratulations on platinum, right, Yeah, we were platinum when you were in Nashville at the Ryeman. You guys got your platinum records. I mean that that individually? How did that? Did you ever see that? I mean, obviously you guys are garnering so much success now, but how does that feel to have that record and just look at your own reflection in that?
Speaker 2: My questions do you get one each? Or is it one record you have to like? That's bet that works way better.
Speaker 6: We had to buy it.
Speaker 9: I don't even know where it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we had to buy it.
Speaker 4: You have to buy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a fucking scam A record? I want, get me record record.
Speaker 4: He's got a ton he's not going to use g here we go.
Speaker 1: He's in the news.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's relevant. Okay, you had to buy your own plan.
Speaker 7: We for all of ours and then all of our everybody involved with it, we have to buy those two.
Speaker 4: Hold on, so like when I go, when we go do radio?
Speaker 1: Wait a second, I'm sorry, he has to buy for everybody that's in.
Speaker 7: Business from our business.
Speaker 1: So how many did you buy? We had a.
Speaker 7: Producer, so everybody.
Speaker 2: That's coming out of your pocket. Personally, you you pay for them.
Speaker 7: I mean, we all share the same same business.
Speaker 1: You guys all, so you all you had to buy for everybody.
Speaker 4: So they charged you per album.
Speaker 7: Yeah, record plastic.
Speaker 4: It's not platinum.
Speaker 1: It was a real record that.
Speaker 4: They just did.
Speaker 7: It doesn't look like it to me.
Speaker 10: It's probably just like an old Disney record.
Speaker 6: That's like the Grammys. We were talking last night. They're not even real gold. And I'm just like, and.
Speaker 8: They have no resale value and I don't even think you own it.
Speaker 2: Why you're trying to already sell your Grammy?
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, Hollywood Walk of Fame, you to buy your own star?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why why haven't you bought your own? You've been around forever.
Speaker 4: Joseph you if anybody, we should get a start together, yan Yan.
Speaker 1: Perc Melting should have named the podcast that was what was original name?
Speaker 4: And three days after I couldn't stop laughing. And then he goes, he goes two Cool Moms, and I laughed hard at that one. I was like, we gotta do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so our podcast is two Cool Moms because we both had very strong mothers who are very opinionated in our circle, We are like the people people go to for advice and that for each other. So that's why became two cool moms.
Speaker 1: And we try our best.
Speaker 2: We spend the first half like talking and the second half we try to help fans who submit dilemmas to us.
Speaker 4: Via I know what you're thinking.
Speaker 2: Why because it's my shirt's too tight?
Speaker 4: You know how many hacks?
Speaker 2: I just dressed so many fat people right now, their shirts one last were you get one last ware?
Speaker 1: Nobody knows you have a jacket on? Forget it.
Speaker 2: I've done so many, so many photo shoots with the jacket on.
Speaker 1: Great, nobody knows. The button was like a extra small shut.
Speaker 2: It's like you know when you buy a costume when you're younger and it just gave you the part of the front that looks like a tuxedo.
Speaker 6: Those are my shirts, but nobody knows.
Speaker 1: Nobody does man.
Speaker 4: Who do you guys go to it for advice?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: My wife, Yeah, my wife, yeah, my wife.
Speaker 6: Brothers just in the you know, family and the like.
Speaker 7: Within the band, we kind of go to each other too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's the mom of the band?
Speaker 4: And what does that even? You know what it means?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? You see if your jacket you don't want to show your roles. Your modest mother, I like that about.
Speaker 7: I will say like we had John tied one on one night at the crib and I make made he would fell asleep on the bed. Mate tried to he had his shoes off. You can't let a man.
Speaker 4: Falls up on the floor.
Speaker 7: Maybe, so maybe I am the mom your good dad.
Speaker 4: Is beyond the call of duty for you clean up your buddy's puke.
Speaker 7: This was a long time ago. I would not do that.
Speaker 2: Now you have people for that.
Speaker 7: I'll call one John puke Man.
Speaker 9: So another mom moment for Andy is if you don't dress to a certain standard at a show, he will be like, oh, you're wearing.
Speaker 10: Such a great great sets.
Speaker 1: So I wear T.
Speaker 4: Shirts and it bothers you. That's what you're wearing.
Speaker 6: That's your stuff.
Speaker 7: You have to do it. Now you sit behind a drum kits, you have to move more.
Speaker 4: But you two are the more fashionable ones. Is that correct? And then you guys, you guys kind of dress more more standard country fair.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 4: So you guys, I'm pretty simple Western shirts. And then John's always rocking a T shirt in the back because you're working up a sweat and then you guys go a little a little further, would you would that be fair to say?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Just growing up, I was always in you know, blue jeans and boots, and so when I started working and making money, I was like, all right, I'm tired of wearing blue jeans all the time. So I just you know, sort of looking in a nice or not even nicer clothes, but just you know, fashion, what colors go with what. And yeah, it's very hard to find stuff in my size though, So.
Speaker 2: I think I think he has a similar thing because he was a suit on stage when he performed.
Speaker 1: He does.
Speaker 6: I didn't recognize him.
Speaker 1: Drink from but yeah, like you do that. You like to dress up for the occasion, which is really cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I try to you know, an event that way, so you know, thank you for making time appreciate Yeah, sure, and you.
Speaker 2: Just I cut I cut the back out of your shirt and I get out there and throw my belly around and enjoyed some laughter.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I I worked in men's fashion for a moment. I was at Nordstrom. I don't know if you guys are familiar the uh I know this was I was big talking. I was at the Grove in l A.
Speaker 2: I was working at the Norse from there, and that's how I got into men's fashion and understanding like nicer pairs of jeans and like how they lasted longer and whatnot. And I've taken both Mark. I've changed Mark's whole style. Mark started with.
Speaker 10: Yeah, thank you so much. Shock.
Speaker 11: I was trying to be quiet through this episode, but Joe said he was gonna give me that shirt.
Speaker 2: I guess he uses a tablecloth at home. But yeah, we we love a good shop and we do that. But Mark, Mark has realized the like a good denim and like how a shacket will last if you put some money into it.
Speaker 4: I like the way you he is the mom of the group. He's sitting cross legged, he's got great hair. He's like this. And the minute you said nord Stroam, he goes, oh, the rack.
Speaker 1: I love the rack. The rack's the jam.
Speaker 2: I love a nort from rack. I love a ninety seven cent. That's how it ends. That's how you know it's from the rack. Yeah, people try to return stuff at nord Strum. It's like it ends in ninety seven you bought this.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the last the only time I went to shopping with you guys, because I'm like, I'd rather do anything but go shopping. I found like this great, this great jacket, right, it's like smoking jacket. And I was like, that's fucking cool. I'd never wear it, but I've worn it once or twice on stage, just like you gotta get that. That's so cool. So Joe's up there, I'm getting ready to pay, and the girl wants nothing to do with me. She doesn't give a shit. She's like, oh my god, Joe, and she's taking pictures and Joe starts taking his he's taking his shirt off, he's trying things on. He doesn't care. He's putting on a show. He pays for all this stuff. She never charged me for my jacket.
Speaker 1: Do you remember jacket.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize we were we.
Speaker 1: Were like an hour down the road.
Speaker 4: He didn't we're an hour down the road.
Speaker 2: And I was like, how did she give you the discount? Because were like, I always say, what's the action, give me a discount the receipt.
Speaker 4: Let me see if she gave me a discous.
Speaker 2: Didn't charge them for it. And he was like, oh my god, I feel so bad. I was like, you know, it'll come back to you, don't. He doesn't like shot with me because I'll put stuff on him like, that's not it, that's not for you.
Speaker 7: He's very mean, a good friend.
Speaker 1: But I made that jacket you wore.
Speaker 2: You actually warned the special that I directed, Yes, the one special I directed, not the not the other ones that you're doing without me.
Speaker 4: But so guilty Pleasures on the road. Can we go around the horn?
Speaker 1: That much?
Speaker 6: Whiskey?
Speaker 1: Whiskey?
Speaker 6: What kind?
Speaker 4: Anything wrong? I'm not super pickty, so you'd go even just like well not well but yeah, well anything, come on now, float bullet.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I like Jamison.
Speaker 12: Okay, it's a little sweet.
Speaker 4: Okay, how much? What do you mean you have? Keep it going? Yeah? All right, how about you?
Speaker 1: Dang man? I love that?
Speaker 6: Yeah tequila. Yeah that's a good one, I guess. I mean it's it's just the road, is uh like work? You know?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Brandon's chocolate cake.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, not if I'm drinking tequila.
Speaker 7: No don't. It doesn't have.
Speaker 4: To chocolate milk.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, up? And the more like.
Speaker 1: I love that kindred spirits. Sure, yeah, I sleep in a full cake. I have a sheet bed.
Speaker 6: Sheet.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, marshmallow pillow, I love that your rack is that yours?
Speaker 7: Honestly? Shopping probably one of them, but I would say just food in general.
Speaker 4: I love to eat is Gilmore.
Speaker 6: Girls actually try not.
Speaker 12: A nice cab and the girls are on clipping coupon.
Speaker 1: It's great, Mama's happy one.
Speaker 6: Wine pairs with friendship, especially when we stay at a nice hotel with the ropes.
Speaker 1: I throw a robe on all the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love a good rope.
Speaker 2: I'll take it. I wear it downstairs. There's been plenty of times, but I'm like, I'll meet you downstairs for something.
Speaker 1: We'll go downstairs. I have the roll on my coffee pants. Coffee pants are my my pleasure. I just if I could just live in a nice pair of comfy pants.
Speaker 6: What are your comfy pants? Are we talking?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's more like a you know, lightweight and at leisure if you will, Yeah, I like, yeah, yeah, I don't like. I don't like the constriction here. I like to be free flowing. You're older, that's it for sure. Yeah, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: That's your jacket roll rolling.
Speaker 7: This episode turned into like high school for me.
Speaker 1: Listen, we love you, We love you.
Speaker 6: You're on a roll.
Speaker 1: We want to roll out the red coffee.
Speaker 7: We just started having a crew on the road where we joke that's how. That's our love language, is picking on each other like this. And they got to get them used to that. They aren't very well, they're starting to figure it out. They just thought we were just assholes, like desensitized.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 2: I get that a lot. We get that a lot, we him and I. It's funny because we have other guests on you guys get it. But like sometimes we'll go back and forth about stuff and people like do they even like But for the most part, it's mostly love.
Speaker 1: I would say, yeah, right.
Speaker 4: But the difference between me and you guys is that you know many different ways, but you toured for years with three other guys, and you guys are constantly together, and just as someone who has always toured by himself just a professional solitude, I've always been so jealous of like the fact that there's camaraderie. It's like literally a band you can walk into a bar and take over the bar like I always and you've had the same experience. I know that there's times where like bands just kind of want to get away from each other. But I'm just from the outside looking at them, was like, man it I want to be in a band. But what you guys do is I just think it's it's the coolest.
Speaker 7: We have a lot of fun together. We're literally five best friends hanging out.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I've I've had a very similar experience like that. Working with your friends is just so great, you know, it really is because you also go through it all together, right, yeah, which is the best I gave. Friends are there with you when you're getting your platinum you know record, you're not telling them about it, like it's just super cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I mean we started, you know, from the absolute beginning, not even knowing how to set up music equipment, let alone how to actually play music right, and uh, you know, just started and learned and went through everything together, breaking down and all that we've been through.
Speaker 1: So yeah, do you think do you have right?
Speaker 2: Do you think that there is something you know, we talk about like our family and growing up on this too, Like do you think there's something that was instilled you at younger that you come to realize with success that you're like, oh that makes sense now, Like something that either your parents said, or you grew it like a sibling or something that was just.
Speaker 1: In your household.
Speaker 2: That's something that was like, oh, this makes sense for me now, and you could see yourself like being like kind of like a inside voice mantra or something that like he gets you through you know.
Speaker 6: Well, for me, it was the the faith. My mom, you know, instilled a lot of faith in us growing up, read the Bible to us and everything, and uh, just going out on the road and you know, charting an unknown course and doing something that's never been done in the family before. Uh, and then seeing how God showed up and brought us out of everything we were going through, not when we wanted him to, but when the timing was perfect. Looking back now, it's like, oh, yeah, everything you know she said it made sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had that moment where it's like, oh, mom, you know she knew. That's that's cool.
Speaker 7: I kind of learned to respect how hard my parents worked when I was younger, because he'd take it for granted until you get older.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, dang, that's super true.
Speaker 7: I saw my dad when he took me to school in the morning, that was it, and I'd see him the next morning just by working so hard. They're hustlers, so I probably got that from him.
Speaker 4: What did he do He was a cop?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he was a narc detective.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was a detective.
Speaker 1: Was he really in narcotics?
Speaker 7: He did everything?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wasn't a real nark. No, he did.
Speaker 7: Uh, he did narcotics, probably way back in the day. But he did homicide. He's he ended in child advocacy. So he was arresting like sex fenders.
Speaker 1: And wow, that's great.
Speaker 7: But he would kind of move him around where they needed help with other detectives.
Speaker 6: So he did some stuff with the FBI.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he did Terrorism Task Force really yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, so a lot of boring stuff.
Speaker 7: Wow, I got to go. He would take me. He would pick me up from football practice and it was he we had to go to the FBI building and mobile and we got the we're watching a camera. I don't even if I'm supposed to be there. We're watching wrong. It's his turn to watch the screen and it's outside of a moss somewhere and we're just watching people.
Speaker 12: Didn't you get to like go play in the spy van.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it looks like flower.
Speaker 7: They trade off this van of the surveillance van and it's just it's got ladders on the top of you going and it's got the computer screens everywhere, and that was fun.
Speaker 4: Your dad's like mobiles, Jason Stephan Yeah, right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: He.
Speaker 4: Was super. He was just a good, good cop.
Speaker 7: I think he was well respected.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, that's great.
Speaker 7: Even by people he arrested. We'd be out somewhere and they would ask her you Jack Bishop. He was like, why yes, but they would be like, you changed my life. He gives everybody he was. He was big on giving everybody a fair shape. You know, he's not there to judge you if you're guilty or not. He's just taking you to the judge.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, he was telling me. He told me a story one time he found some pot in this dude's car. Was like early twenties. The guy was and uh, you know, he's just freaking out, like please don't arrest me, please, I swear to God I'll change, you know, And mister Jack was just like for crying out lived fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He threw the pod aways like just just go. And then he saw that guy later on in the future and he's like, hey, man, just want to let you know I did change my life. I got a lied together and went to school and you know it's great, bought a house all that, and.
Speaker 1: Now he's doing a podcast.
Speaker 6: I'll let him know.
Speaker 4: What did your folks do?
Speaker 12: Yeah, my dad's a boat captain, so growing up he was gone, you know, like a month month at a time.
Speaker 6: What kind of boat boat? Yeah, mobile bay.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yea did and you got to go out on the boat, I assume, yeah.
Speaker 12: I went out a few times. I have like some vague memories of him letting me drive the boat like he's he's driving.
Speaker 4: My dad was a life in short.
Speaker 1: The stick here.
Speaker 4: Man, did you never see you in his lafe?
Speaker 2: This is called a pen tools of the trade, triplet kids, how about how about you?
Speaker 8: My dad was a Union bowler maker. My mom just like stayed at home, sold tub aware vacuums.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you have to you have to go to work with him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I got to work with My dad was a whaler boutch, a Union buler maker. They work on high pressure steam. Thissels like uh the powerhouses and ship like that, boilers you know, yeah, yeah, steam give you.
Speaker 1: And you were a welder, you said, oh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what I did before I decided to be a degenerate.
Speaker 1: Degenerate musician.
Speaker 8: This has worked out way better. By the way, for sure, I never could keep a job. I'll drink and then just not show up. Well, now I can drink show up.
Speaker 1: I have to show up. They wake me up.
Speaker 4: Really flash dance like I just want to believe in the music. That's how.
Speaker 6: I just want to play drums.
Speaker 9: One of the best guitar players and mobile to Yeah, he rocks us how to play guitar?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so did it?
Speaker 4: Did it? Did it kind of start around that then? Or is that how this whole.
Speaker 8: Well, I just came into they were already playing. I just came in and was like, I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we were our old cover band, like I said earlier, like we were just unexperienced. And then he came in with experience from playing with his dad, been playing since he was like eleven, and uh, you know that helped us out. Having that knowledge.
Speaker 7: Yeah, me and Brandon were like holy like trying to learn everything we can, and the other this is our old cover band. The other two guys were just like, screw that guy. Yeah, I know what I'm doing.
Speaker 4: Literally did they say I could take your experience.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's exactly.
Speaker 8: And I think one of them is in prison and the other ones a nerd doing something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, one is in prison.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And your dad.
Speaker 6: He was a teacher and a football coach.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go.
Speaker 9: Mom's teacher took grade they did in middle school? Dad was he coached for like twenty years?
Speaker 4: Did he really high school? He taught middle school for the long he just retired.
Speaker 9: You were so red?
Speaker 1: Would you all? This is the cliff?
Speaker 4: Were you ever one of those students where you had to sit in the classroom with your one of your parents?
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: My mom was a receptionist that I went to a Catholic grammar school on Staten Island. My mom was a receptionist, right, and it was all nuns in the school, and uh my mom.
Speaker 1: Was the only one that wore heels.
Speaker 2: So and when you got in trouble in the school, they used to put you in the hallway to shame you.
Speaker 1: You had to face stand in the corner like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like it was a blair witch like and I would hear like my I'd be standing like trying to hide in the corner as best I couldn't.
Speaker 1: My mom would walk by, clickick, click, and it was me and already you're embarrassing school starting this Catholic school is gonna murder me.
Speaker 6: This was going on in the hallways at this Catholics is standing in the hallway facing the wall.
Speaker 1: Getting getting threatened by his mother. Yeah that's good. But yeah, that's uh, that's that.
Speaker 2: That was really weird to be in a place where your parents were because like schools where you get away from them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, exactly, Yeah, for sure. I want to ask you one more question for you jump into this. What has you all are from Alabama? Mobile?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: What what do you think? Because like I grew up in Pittsburgh, and I always think Pittsburgh was such a great environment to grow up in as I went out into the world and attain simplens of success or whatever, because Pittsburgh was always a great place to kind of ground you and nobody lets you get too high in your horse, Like, what is it about Mobile that as you guys are kind of you know, starting to you know, Platinum records and everything's going great and you know, sky's the limit for you guys. Now, what is it? What is it about Mobile? That that has helped you or or even ground you. I guess as you've gone on then starting to see success happen for you.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 7: I've got something I think Mobile is it's a very diverse city, like culturally, you know race.
Speaker 4: Our sound guy's black. So yeah, thank you, that's up.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna pass out again.
Speaker 4: What I know?
Speaker 1: One like what the.
Speaker 4: I just know it's not to be uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: That well we will find.
Speaker 7: Everybody else is great, but yeah, Mobile is very diverse.
Speaker 4: Like you go to a there's no like like again, but look at them very We grew up with.
Speaker 7: A lot of different cultures around us, and it's not like there's a like a black bar, a white bar. It's all everybody's in one together and that you don't see that around the country. It's a lot of kind of divide and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are very fortunate it showed up for our last podcast.
Speaker 1: Three minutes because.
Speaker 4: Next episode is one cool mom.
Speaker 1: So so what'd your dad do? All right, let's get into it. So Brandon's dad, Yeah, Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Yes, my dad was in construction heavy equipment operator. So he uh was working for this little company c LS at the time for a long time during my childhood, and he would bring equipment home because we lived on like forty acres. We'd just be in the field driving track codes and you know, front end loaders and how.
Speaker 2: Old are you The first time we were driving something like that, I was like seven, dude, that's amazing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I'm looking back now, it's just it's just wild, Like I could have killed one of my brothers with a hydraulic you playing, you're playing tag with a we live in the boom all the way and spin it around in circles.
Speaker 2: Dream Yeah, yeah, well they do that now as like aster parties in Vegas.
Speaker 1: You know these play sandboxes.
Speaker 5: Be a real man, man exactly like you can go doing real life and you know the.
Speaker 2: Crane game, you know, trying to get big stuffed animals with a crane, and it's it's they do it like all over It's.
Speaker 1: Like a big and they do them in Nevada, right, they do.
Speaker 4: Adults go play with Yeah, I've.
Speaker 6: Seen I seen the ad I was like, I've already done that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you live that life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of demeaning to people that actually was there for a living. Yeah, it's like, you know, you know, you know.
Speaker 2: It also is a shout out that like there's you can't be in the counting you know, there's no like accounting parks, nobody watching.
Speaker 1: But you want to be moving around some heavy equipment, you know.
Speaker 4: But when we were seven, we're playing with Tonka trucks. Yeah, but you're playing with life size actual My brothers just riding around on them.
Speaker 1: That's he's crazy.
Speaker 4: It's seven. Your dad was just you know for it.
Speaker 6: I mean, I went, I went to my dad was building a horse fence one time, and uh, I was on a little excavator and we were driving post down or I was driving post down with the boom, and this excavator had a blade on it and uh, the blade was facing here. I rotated, I rotated it around and I was, you know, using the boom to push stuff down. Well, Dad was like between the boom was held up and he was his head was between it, and I was, uh. He said, don't touch the controls. Don't touch the controls one until I tell you to. And I was sitting there watching them. I was like, oh wait, I forgot to put the blade down on the front. And when I put the blade down, uh, you know, it shifted the whole machine forward and pushed the boom down, and my dad moved. And that's a core memory I have with my dad. He's looking at me.
Speaker 1: You're lucky I moved you.
Speaker 6: I told you not to touch anything. And then and then we just kept building the fence.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 7: Realize what in that moment, what you on? What almost happened?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it didn't really scare me, though, It's like, I'll get him next time. I was, man, it's a baby many man. So I was at least five or six.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm sorry that I didn't know how.
Speaker 1: I don't like I could cut a horse in half.
Speaker 4: That would be cold.
Speaker 7: They say, you're children, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's true. My dad let me drive his buickless Saber once.
Speaker 2: I sat on his lap, right, and we were driving home at my grandma's houses and my dad was smoking.
Speaker 1: So he's lighting a cigarette. Right, No, I'm driving on his lap. I'm like seven, eight years old.
Speaker 2: And it was like right, So we're driving and it had it had rained out and there was puddles everywhere, and I was like oh.
Speaker 1: I was like oh, and I said I would be fun to drive to a puddle.
Speaker 2: So I just like started leering to the right a little bit, but the puddle was because it hadn't rained in like a week.
Speaker 1: It was a pothole.
Speaker 3: He hit them, my father, we hit a fence, like a fence, and.
Speaker 1: He yelled at me so hard. Did I ever try to drive puddles? And He's like, why would you do that? And I remember looking at him and being like I wanted it to splash bull All right, Mark, let's get into it.
Speaker 10: All right, let's get into it. We got questions from the internet.
Speaker 1: Where do people subscribe? If they want to give their questions, where do they go?
Speaker 11: They go to Cool Mom's Pod at gmail dot com, or they can hit us up on Instagram Moms.
Speaker 10: But I can't, and we got quite a conundrum coming up. I was like, this one, we're gonna say for when we have.
Speaker 11: Eleven people on the podcast. Okay, So Jill hit us up. She's in a little bit of a situation. She goes, I've been seeing a guy casually for about a year and a half, but had a conversation about it not being serious lately. He lately he seems like he's pretty emotionally invested and wants it to be a relationship. I don't want to hurt him. And this is all caps from Jill. We had the conversation, do I have to be mean? I care about him? Thanks guys, love you Jill.
Speaker 2: So he wants he wants to move it on to something, he wants to lock it down, and she's like, hey, we're just.
Speaker 10: They had the convo, but multiple times that's where we're at.
Speaker 7: Kept talking to other guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, she wants to keep that door open. She's looking for something better out there. It's the right guy asked you, you're gonna want to step step down here, So.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's it's.
Speaker 4: For for me.
Speaker 2: For Jill, I would say, you got to just be like, uh, this isn't gonna work out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, asual a year and a half later, that's a goddamn relation.
Speaker 1: And defense.
Speaker 6: They had the conversation. Yeah, I guess if he if he's wanting to move on and get closer but she doesn't want to, than they need to do it.
Speaker 12: Like is she like calling him if she gets a flat tire or something?
Speaker 10: Yeah, because.
Speaker 1: Airport pick me up at the airport or what is it leading them on? Kind of And these are all great questions for Jill. I guess all we can tell Jill is to Jill, check yourself. Well, you you want her to make sure that she's shooting straight.
Speaker 2: She had the conversation with him, but is she acting the way that the conversation is she misleading him in her action?
Speaker 4: I think if you're to your point, John, like if you're together for a year and a half, I mean that is a relationship. I would think we're in a relation even though you have the conversations, like a fling is a few months.
Speaker 8: But now and then are you seeing this guy a lot throughout the week?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah? Are you just getting drunk and be like come on, I think I think I think.
Speaker 7: Said that, not me. You're probably a lovely lady.
Speaker 4: Get it, Jill.
Speaker 2: Jill, Jill has to make make the move here now though she's like, but the next step is going beyond the conversation.
Speaker 1: She needs to be like, Okay, look, it's not gonna work out.
Speaker 9: There's a nice way to do it.
Speaker 6: You don't have to be meaning like we didn't talk about this before.
Speaker 4: I'm flattered.
Speaker 1: I'm flat flattered.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's not you know, she needs to stand strong on that because you know, he could be the guy that's like, uh, once it's ended, you know, he could start acting crazy like I'll miss you, cut it off and leave it with the boom box.
Speaker 1: He's got whisper, she can doing mixed signals.
Speaker 6: There's gonna be a crazy phase. There's gonna be a crazy phase, and then he'll get past it and find another casual relationship.
Speaker 7: The friend Zone.
Speaker 10: Welcome to the friend Zone, buddy, buddies.
Speaker 1: I know you guys are musically you guys can use that if you want.
Speaker 4: The next platinum single feature Joe got.
Speaker 7: Puddles also have a friend Zone segment. We'll make the we'll make theme songs.
Speaker 1: There you go. Sure that'd be great. Oh my god, imagine.
Speaker 6: Like borderline copyright.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a weird like pitch at the end of uh.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I think we gave Jail some good advice there, Mark, what do you think?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think it's good. I think it's maybe time to move on for both of them.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 11: Tony's got Tony's got a fun one. We'll throw this around the horn sort to speak. Tony asks if you could live life as a superhero or a villain for a week, who would it be?
Speaker 4: And why?
Speaker 1: For a superhero or a villain? What would you rather be for a week?
Speaker 10: You could be either a superhero or a villain for a week? Who would it be?
Speaker 1: And what? I'm such a good person I would want to go with you.
Speaker 10: I think if you can pick who the superhero is.
Speaker 2: So if you could be anybody in the superhero universe, hero or villain, who would you be?
Speaker 1: Okay for a week?
Speaker 4: You only get a week?
Speaker 1: Got it? A calendar week? American American? American calendar week? Yeah, you don't want you don't want to go?
Speaker 2: You know the Chinese, it's like that's like fourteen games.
Speaker 1: And I'm not going with man?
Speaker 7: Isn't the Koreans have a different calendar? What's your Korean age?
Speaker 10: Huh?
Speaker 7: I guess I know more about you know about you?
Speaker 1: All right, So you're you're gonna start us off?
Speaker 6: What you want to be? Spider Man man?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Spider Man man for a week?
Speaker 1: Okay? So do you have a fear of heights? Yeah? Okay? So that great choice that goes away over day four and I have three solid days?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the order you want to go in? Whatever? You got no idea? Dude, no, no clue.
Speaker 8: I think the Green Lantern.
Speaker 1: That guy's.
Speaker 2: We could make anything, and he has great jewelry.
Speaker 8: Pretty much pretty much Deadpool because he's like an anti hero.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he gets to say funk.
Speaker 1: That would Yeah, you're right, I love that. I think any of them can love that. That's great. Okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 12: I think I'll be Batman.
Speaker 4: I mean Superpower is rich. Yeah, that's cool for a week.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't even think about the park. That's a good idea too. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I'd have to be Tony Stark and just use the money to invest in my personal stuff. And then after the week, yeah, be rich.
Speaker 4: Said you have to trust fund.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're get in the spirit of the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Spending two weeks in infidelity, move everything off shore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah exactly. And then when I turned back into me, just go get it. Yeah, just go all out and be Superman, Superman.
Speaker 7: Nobody said wonder Woman yet, Oh lady, I'm just kidding. I would probably be Wolverine. Well, I know I want Wolverine.
Speaker 6: Hero has mustache. Huh what superhero has a mustache?
Speaker 1: He does have a mustache.
Speaker 6: Man, I don't know.
Speaker 1: From the event from from Man. I thought you said the incredible sounds like an evil Superman.
Speaker 5: Okay, Mario, super Mario, superhero.
Speaker 2: He's literally he's in a union, a union.
Speaker 10: He's on a superhero.
Speaker 7: No, Mark, I don't know you, but.
Speaker 6: I don't respect you.
Speaker 7: That came out of nowhere, superhero with the mustache.
Speaker 5: I thought, Luigi Mario, he's called super Mario, not superhero.
Speaker 4: Mario super Mario.
Speaker 1: He's got all he has. He's a regular hero. I would say Mario is a hero Batman but not rich. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well he's mushrooms gets bigger and then he has a star and he could run through stuff. So he has some sort of but he always he turns back to his regular self.
Speaker 6: Mario is all a big drug trip. That is the game.
Speaker 2: I mean, because what you guys were saying, I would probably I might go Lex Luthor and do the Fidelity all shore account move with Lex. But he also has some fun trinkets and stuff, and I think he would have something nice. He's bold and I.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, you can get any of those guys. You be Superman. You get to fly, that's true, to fly, burns ship with your eyes. What would you burn. What would you burn with your eyes? Yeah, you definitely would set up like guys watch this.
Speaker 4: I just kind of like tweak people, make them, make them sweat.
Speaker 7: Flashes, you know, if you're.
Speaker 4: Like somebody was cutting front of the line at the airport, Like I just kind of like make their buttole right in the butthole I get. I give a nice a nice little.
Speaker 1: The headlines of the Daily Bugle be Superman staring at everyone's.
Speaker 7: As multiple cases of burning.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Lex Luthor would be interesting, I think because I would also be like, you guess you go to a lot of cool parties.
Speaker 1: He ran with like a cool crowd of like corporate echelon.
Speaker 7: You know we are from Alabama. What was that?
Speaker 13: I'm sorry, all right, you good time for one.
Speaker 11: More questions would come from Scott b which I feel like he's a Scotty He's definitely a scotty.
Speaker 1: Scotty Bee.
Speaker 11: Scotty Bee says, I hate my favorite mommies. What are What is one thing that you wish you could change about yourself if you could.
Speaker 10: I think it's very introspective one.
Speaker 1: How much time do we have? What is one thing to change about yourself?
Speaker 7: Can we get some tissues in here.
Speaker 1: This is our this is our moment, guys. Let's get some clean X up in there.
Speaker 4: It's about to have its about to get real here, guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Steve, you have the most to change about yourself. What would you say?
Speaker 6: It's like they're asking a bunch of me and what moms would change about themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. That's a good way to think about it.
Speaker 4: That's what you're like.
Speaker 3: Naturally, I feel like I'm watching the Muppet Show, right, you.
Speaker 1: Got your classes, put on make up. Red.
Speaker 6: People send him animal T shirts and then.
Speaker 9: I have a lot of them.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna make a blanket. That's great. Would change his hair color, that's the first thing I thought of.
Speaker 4: Obviously it wouldn't be a redhead.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. That's something.
Speaker 6: So the question is if we were moms, what would we change?
Speaker 1: What would what would you about yourself?
Speaker 6: The mom's part was just what he said to my fellow mommies. The favorite moment. Okay, I was confused.
Speaker 1: We're here two hot moms.
Speaker 6: Thought we were trying to man's.
Speaker 1: Play, two big milks.
Speaker 4: It's for everybody.
Speaker 7: What would you change about yourself? That's all we have to do.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for me, I would probably work on my patience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think sometimes I got you're pretty patient though, I know say I worked that I did, it.
Speaker 1: Would see you.
Speaker 4: Are I think I'm impatient. I can be.
Speaker 1: I was just setting them up so I can be a little.
Speaker 4: I can be sure. But I started reading this book on stoicism and the Stoics.
Speaker 1: And I would change that. You always drop what smart things you're doing.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I watched this documentary.
Speaker 4: I read Okay my eyes.
Speaker 1: That was like sixth on my list for you, this is seriously your patients.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I was, so I was steered towards stoicism. And it's just like taking the little, the little frustrations over the course of a day, because when you're toring, when you're on set of a film, whatever, there's always going to be something. And I'd be somebody that would like let those things agitate me, or traffic agitate me, or the flight got canceled, and the hotels not does not my name or the rooms are just all those things that compound and bother you and affect you that the rest of the day. I I've been trying to like recalibrate that and just looking at these things. The basis of stoicism is like it's all based on character, and you know, this is a test of your character. So it's just trying to take the high road and sometimes find the humor in it, which should be easier as a comedian, right, And so now I'm trying to take that angle now of of doing that.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I love that somewhere.
Speaker 6: It's great.
Speaker 2: You have one the strongest characters out of someone I know. So that's good that you're you're you're doing that.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, well, thank you.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm very patient, especially with you you are. Yeah, so I was just saying that to get you to open up, and I'm glad it worked. Yeah, I would. I would. I would change that about myself. I wouldn't be trick.
Speaker 4: About you guys, anything, anything pop off.
Speaker 6: I think I would try to be uh more disciplined than whatever I'm trying to do, whether it's worked out or if I want to read more or you know, play an instrument more while I'm home, you know, just be more disciplined instead of making an excuse not to do it. Yeah, still working on it.
Speaker 4: But do you feel like when you're touring, especially like as much as you guys do, it's tough to like get back and be regimented. Yeah, because the regiment is like exhaustion.
Speaker 6: We just need, like we need two or three weeks of doing nothing.
Speaker 1: You just want to be home existing, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Because when you're at home, I'm sure you you just want to do not a down thing. I just want to sit on my couch and not go anywhere and just sit here and just enjoy it's still yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't want to listen to music or anything. Just want to relax in the silence. Yeah, yeah, be compressed.
Speaker 4: I don't want.
Speaker 9: It under Deck or.
Speaker 4: That's his favorite show below Deck.
Speaker 1: I love that ship. Okay, I really do love Bravo.
Speaker 4: Just a bunch of caddy good looking people living together on a yacht. Yeah, and the food is great. There was a cool chef and he's just a little thing and awesome stuff. They get down and I don't want to go do that.
Speaker 7: That one girl they found her drugs, kicked her off. Done And then one time the dude, have you seen that.
Speaker 1: One with the producer that was up.
Speaker 2: Now you're trying to go against the mom things, and you're so excited talking about Bravo.
Speaker 1: I don't even have.
Speaker 3: Started about it.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, did you see that one episode?
Speaker 1: It's your show as well. I love it. I love it all right, Well, that's all the time we have.
Speaker 4: Anything else, So no, I agreed with Brandon.
Speaker 7: Definitely mine would be not having a short views worked on it for a couple of years.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, that's good. Well it's good because the people around you have told you got better at it, so you clearly have that's great.
Speaker 6: Never mind, he's like.
Speaker 1: We'll talk like.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 12: I guess make myself more social. I have, like just hanging out with people, I have like social like social anxiety. Well, I mean around you guys are so comfortable all doing stuff like this is easy, but like going on stage, no problem, just like going to a bar and just hanging out with strangers like that kind of weird.
Speaker 4: But I guess it's the forest to hear because when I first met everybody, you were one of the first ones that I kind of started chatting.
Speaker 12: Well, we were like in like our own environment, you know, and backstage, you know, everybody's comfortable.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're in our space.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, but like.
Speaker 12: I'll going off the reservation. I feel a little a little worry about it.
Speaker 4: You know. And that's that was the first thing he said. He said, just remember, Steve, you're in our space.
Speaker 1: He punched me in the chest.
Speaker 7: Is that the No, that wasn't. That night that night we had Chinese food.
Speaker 6: Remember that.
Speaker 1: Remember that we were watching Bravo bring each other's hair, moisturizing.
Speaker 7: We're all we're.
Speaker 6: We're about that man, moisturizing, taking of your skin, get pedicures, got to do that. We do some stuff.
Speaker 1: Take care of your feet, they hold you up. That's a T shirt and that what it is. Yeah, that's a great T shirt. I think I got it from here. I just said it out loud. So it's ours. Now you can put it on a T shirt, Mark, Mark, put it on a T shirt. That's it, guys. This was so fun. Thank you so much. Unbelievable we did tonight.
Speaker 6: This is our This is our first podcast like this with all the time of us. I think fairly will we're always scared we're going to talk over one another.
Speaker 1: Now you guys are car well.
Speaker 6: This is the case five of us to say, especially John, he did great.
Speaker 9: One thing I would change about John is that.
Speaker 1: You did great, your crazy head muppet. I love you. Thanks, are going on too cool moms. You guys the best. Everybody at home. Make sure that you like subscribe, listen.
Speaker 10: Yes, keep up with the right stra get the newest album?
Speaker 4: Just what platinum?
Speaker 6: You've got three single on the first record with platinum, but.
Speaker 4: You have three albums to two albums.
Speaker 7: You can't talk about the third one yet. Thanks Steve.
Speaker 1: Let's start again and do what they want you to say.
Speaker 4: You don't talk about Bruno. This is their space.
Speaker 1: Guys, Where could everybody keep up with you? On?
Speaker 6: Everyone everything? Social media?
Speaker 7: Google, download your lay straight app.
Speaker 4: Damn, we gotta get a nap We get your own app.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we have like a feed that we can post in. You can get you sign up for the year, be a super fan. You get access to pre pre sale codes. Make sure you get a ticket. It's a lot of shows sell out in the pre sale, so you get front of the line. Get your tickets.
Speaker 6: It's our attempt to like fight scalpers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apparently something to you and I don't have to worry about.
Speaker 1: We have to get people. We have to get scalpers to come to our show. We are paying the SCALP.
Speaker 4: I direct everybody to group.
Speaker 1: We are comes to us on our promo code or thanks so much guys, you appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Success