Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong, Joe Jetty.
Speaker 1: I'm strong and Jetty and he armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Are you worried that this strike is going to hurt the everyday American? The farmers that need to read. They reached the export market. They're telling me that they're gonna hurt them.
Speaker 4: You start to realize who the long Shormen are, right.
Speaker 1: Nobody can.
Speaker 4: People never gave a shout us until now when they finally realize that the chain is being broke. Now, cars won't come in, food won't come in, clothing won't come in. You know how many people depend on odd jobs half the world, and it's time for them and time for Washington to put so much fresh on them to take care of us, because we took care of them and we're here at in thirty five years. It brought tom where they are today, and they don't want to share.
Speaker 5: So it doesn't sound at all like a guy who'd crack your head open. That's the leader of the Long Showman. That's Harold Jay Daggett, the leader of the union.
Speaker 1: Yes, but that's the leader of the union.
Speaker 6: That's not just some rank and file guys don't give a us about us.
Speaker 1: That's the guy in charge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not just a guy who will break open the head of a scab.
Speaker 1: He ses the head of the union.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I realize I risk getting my teeth kicked in by saying this, But so often when I hear from the big unions, I think you sound like thugs. You sound like people that have gotten your way for so long, and you're so entitled, you feel like you deserve a way better deal than anybody else in America gets for their jobs.
Speaker 1: And you're willing to have leverage and you're willing to be violent for it.
Speaker 6: And oh, by the way, regularly these big unions, it turns out the people at the top are crooks.
Speaker 1: Happens all the time.
Speaker 6: Not saying that this guy is, but it happens all the time with the United Auto Workers, for instance.
Speaker 5: Well, here's say headline from Yahu News, no notable conservative outlet Harold Daggett, how union leader who fought mob tie allegations is holding the US economy for ransom.
Speaker 1: Shocking. I think we would be buried the leading case.
Speaker 6: You're not paying attention and Only Fox is really covering this story. The longshoreman went on strike last night, forty five thousand members of this and it's going to cost the economy about five billion dollars a day, which is not a ton in our economy. But the whole supply chain thing could get out of whack really really fast, and then it would be a full on political issue.
Speaker 5: Port employers, pressed by Biden administration officials to resolve the impass, raised their offer on wages to a fifty percent increase over six years from an earlier forty percent increase, along with other improvements and benefits, in the twenty four hours before the strike deadline that was rejected. The International long Shorman's Association is seeking a seventy seven percent wage increase over six years as a condition to sit down to talks. You come up with seventy seven percent or we're not even discussing anything. Well, you think you're gonna get any sympathy from the average person out there who has taken a fifteen to thirty percent cut depending on your lifestyle because of inflation, and they're wanting They're not even gonna sit down unless they get a seventy someeven percent increase. The main sticking issue is they're saying, no automation. You get to rule out the idea of any automation. I don't care about AI or robots or anything like that. That's insane, that's absolutely insane. That's just that's never gonna happen.
Speaker 6: You can't compete as a country against the rest of the world if you're gonna still unload trucks by hand when everybody else is doing it automatically, much faster, much cheaper. So yesterday Joe Biden was asked, mister President, will you intervene in the dock workers strike if they go on strike on Tuesday, which they did at midnight last night.
Speaker 1: No, said the ancient president.
Speaker 6: Why not because there's no because there's collective bargaining and I don't believe in taft Hartly. The response to that, by one of my favorite journalists was the irony here is at nuclear levels. Biden, who has tried in a multitude of ways to illegally use executive power to get what he wants, refuses to invoke executive authority where he has the statutory right to do so. Taft hardly gives the President of the United States in a situation where it's going to harm the economy in a general way or national security. He can jump in, jump into these big strikes and say you got to stay at work while we're working out the deal. He has the right to do that. But in this case, unlike some stuff around the immigration or canceling student loans or a number of other things he's been willing to do illegally, he has the legal right and is saying no.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Oh yeah, I can't wait for him to be gone.
Speaker 5: Coming up later, what do immigrants do for government budgets? New research has answers. We promised, Yes, we promised that yesterday.
Speaker 1: We didn't get to it. I apologized. We'll squeeze it in this hour.
Speaker 5: This is interesting and not terribly shocking. Well, I guess when you get down to the granular details, it is fairly shocking. But Americans are more reliant than ever on government aid. An aging population, economic distress, raised dependence on federal and state support, and it matters a hell of a lot for our elections. As you might guess. Wall Street Journal looking into a major study. This is a little graphics heavy, but I can interpret it for you. They're talking about the share of personal income from government assistance. How in how many counties is it twenty five percent or more? In nineteen seventy, government safety net money accounted for significant income.
Speaker 1: That's more than twenty five percent.
Speaker 5: Twenty five percent or more in fewer the one percent of America's counties. So say that again, in what year In nineteen seventy it was less than one percent? Okay, okay, In two thousand it went from less than one percent to roughly ten percent.
Speaker 1: That's the year two than ten percent, which a tenfold increase is not minor.
Speaker 5: In the year twenty twenty two, fifty three percent, more than half of US counties drew at least a quarter of their income from government eight.
Speaker 6: So this is we were talking about this last week, and now that it's the average person in the bottom quintile. I know this is a lot of complicated talking, but the bottom twenty percent of income earners in America get on average sixty eight thousand dollars per household of transfer payments. And that's left out of every argument about we have the highest inequality of any nation in the world. They never include this stuff. And what you just talked about there, that's never included in these conversations from Bernie Sanders or probably Tim Walls tonight in the debate. People live in paycheck to paycheck. Well, more people are getting the handouts from the government than ever before by a lot.
Speaker 5: And as we've discussed with Craig the healthcare Guru, socialism is not a light switch. It's a a fungus oh that spreads across a country and it's programmed, crafts benefits and yeah, yeah, sure.
Speaker 1: It starts getting across. There's just no stopping it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the big reasons for this dramatic growth are interesting. Some of them I think most conservatives would reject out of hand. But it gets a little complicated when you dig into it. There are much larger share of Americans who are seniors. Period, We're living longer, and we've aged as a population, We're not having kids anymore. And healthcare raw sorry, healthcare costs have risen fairly dramatically.
Speaker 1: As they've gotten or fantastic.
Speaker 5: The technology we have at our disposal to keep ourselves healthy and alive is truly awe inspiring, but it costs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And as my doctor said last week, what exactly is the point?
Speaker 1: Sometimes he wonders.
Speaker 6: Well as we just get you know, our brains don't work, our bodies don't work, but we hang around longer at a great expense.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, it could be the money is the point in at least some situations, although it's I understand it's an odd conundrum that a person could sit around rubbing their chin thinking about for a long time. You're not going to turn down medical advances, Nope, because it's every advance is an incremental step. It can lead toward other advances or cures or what have you. But at the same time you and your doctor are quite right, Hey, good news. We can keep alzheimer suffering Granny alive for one more year. We can stave off or cancer with this new gene therapy. Blah blah blah. What are we doing here anyway? To get back to the major threat of the thing rouni here. At the same time, many communities, so it's the aging and the development of medical technology number one. At the same time, many communities have suffered from economic declient because of the challenges, including the loss of manufacturing, leaving government money. Is the larger share of people's income in such places. I you know, I could bore you to death. I won't because I do this for a living and kind of enjoy getting the paycheck. But one of the big debates in conservative circles these days is the question of the reagan esque free trade global economy conservatives versus what's being called the new conservatism or whatever you want to call it. And everybody's always government conservatism. People call it, yeah, industrial planning, you know. Sometimes people even call it central planning, what have you, And are bellowing at each other about it as if the solutions and the questions and answers are very simple.
Speaker 1: They're not at all.
Speaker 5: They're trillions of dollars at stake. So I understand why the people making lots and lots of money want to keep that money flowing. They don't care how much unemployment there is in rural Pennsylvania, for instance. At the same time, oh oh, and the other point I was going to make the side of the new.
Speaker 1: Conservatives.
Speaker 5: Back in Reagan's day, we didn't have the situation where our chief global adversary is our one of our chief trading partners, technology partners, and practically indispensable to the world economy. So if you are pitching free global trade of a reaganesque sort. You are pitching continued interaction slash dependence with China, which is just a idea. Times have changed, the arguments have to change too, So I have sympathy with both sides, but it is not simple getting back. I'm sorry, it's tangent after tangent. How about a quick word from our friends? It simply Save Home Security, and then we'll get into some of the numbers behind the numbers, which are really interesting, trust me on that. But scumbag stealing your stuff is rotten and we hate it. And simply Safe Home Security has about the best deal I've ever ever seen, not only on a new system, but on the fast Protect monitoring live guard protection. It's less than a dollar a day, no hidden fees, no long term contracts.
Speaker 6: Driving away from your house when you go to work or leaving for the weekend or whatever, and knowing you've got the simply Safe system set up is so much more peace of mind than just hoping nobody breaks in or steals packages off your porch or whatever. With fast Protect monitoring and live guard protection, simply Safe agents can act within five seconds of receiving an alarm, can even see and speak to intruders, stop their in their tracks. And you can have all kinds of cameras indoor and outdoor, and sensors for the windows and doors, and you can set it up yourself.
Speaker 1: I did, and everybody your rank.
Speaker 5: Security systems makes simply Safe the best or virtually that's why you hear so much about it. Easy to install protect your home with fifty percent off a new simply Safe system as fifty percent off plus a free indoor security camera when you sign up for that fast protect monitoring and just visit simply safe dot com, slash armstrong, simplysafe dot com, slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply Safe. So for its analysis of government spending, EIG, which is the folks doing the analysis use the government definition of income that includes spending on programs that Americans pay into, such as Medicare and Social Security. Another major government health program, Medicaid.
Speaker 1: Is counted.
Speaker 5: The analysis also includes unemployment insurance, food stamps, the Earned Income Tax Credit, veterans benefits, PELL grants, COVID era payments, and other income supports. States help pay for some of these programs, like Medicaid, but the federal government covers the roughly seventy seventy percent of the cost, and it doesn't include other ways government spending floods into corners of America, such as farm subsidies or military bases. So this spending accounts for big and growing share of not only the income of the nation, but also our national debt. We are addicted to government spending slash social programs as a country.
Speaker 6: There's there's no weaning off that either. I don't believe in no backwards. I don't think it's possible.
Speaker 5: No, but you do have to be honest about the dollars and cents coming and going, and we're headed for a cliff.
Speaker 6: So we went from one percent nineteen seventy to over half now correct.
Speaker 1: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Not very many people could tell you that, and it won't be a topic tonight in the debate either.
Speaker 1: Stay with us. You're like a rare at the live the thing a lap.
Speaker 5: He made bull the dugout Davy can supt beyond Pollock, blub way by Pitcher dug the pilla.
Speaker 6: Wait a second, So Pete Rose baseball player, greatest hitter of all time, all time leader in a whole bunch of things, hits at bats, doubles, just all kinds of stuff. But why did that clip from nineteen seventy eight sound like it was from nineteen thirty nine. I was alive in nineteen seventy eight. That's not what audio sounded like in nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 5: It sounds like he was recorded off of a transistor radio.
Speaker 6: Or they went out of their way to make it sound old timy. It doesn't need to sound like that. Things sounded much like they do now in nineteen seventy eight. But oh, so this thing. So Pete Rose died yesterday. He got banned from baseball. If you know this at all, you know this. He was the biggest star in the sport. Then he got banned for gambling. When he became a manager, never bet against his team.
Speaker 1: He claims. He always bet for his team because if.
Speaker 5: You're better how he lied about everything all the time, so it's difficult to say.
Speaker 6: And he never admitted it, but I guess he finally did admit it at one point to Charlie Gibson, and I don't remember this because I didn't care.
Speaker 2: Here we go, you're now saying for the first time publicly, yes, I bet on baseball. I've bet on baseball in nineteen eighty seven, in nineteen eighty eight, did you bet on your own team?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Did you ever believe in my team?
Speaker 1: I mean I knew my team.
Speaker 2: Did you ever bet against your No, No, that would be uh, that'd be the last thing I'd ever even even consider.
Speaker 1: I believe that.
Speaker 6: I believe that too. I think he's too competitive. Yes, he was competitive to the point of mental illness. And I just there's no way he would bet against him or his team.
Speaker 5: He was one of the most driven human beings who's ever played sports, and everybody's driven in sports.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he was the manager of the team at the time, player manager for a while then just manager. And there's no way he's going to bet against himself. He's just not that kind of person. Yeah, But uh, he was trying to get back into the good graces of baseball when he admitted it, right, so he could be in the Hall of Fame while he was alive.
Speaker 5: And yeah, he was trying to meet him halfway, you know, confess his sins and get some measure of forgiveness.
Speaker 6: Also interesting that he was a giant star back at a time when you made good money.
Speaker 1: But not insane money. So he needed money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, whereas you know, you're that level of star now and you're so incredibly wealthy, he wouldn't. Okay, kick me out of the Hall of Fame or whatever. I'm worth a half a billion dollars. Yeah, you do one significant contract. Yeah, you're you're set for life and sorry your kids plus endorsement.
Speaker 1: That whole world has changed so much. Yeah, yeah, he had.
Speaker 6: He had an odd haircut throughout most of his career too.
Speaker 1: He had a haircut of like a bowl haircut, the Prince Valiant. Yeah, Chris Jenner, right right, Well you get at least Pete's stated, dude. Anyway, Hey, hey, I fight for team dude. All right. I love women, I treasure women, but I'm on team dude.
Speaker 6: That's your expert support analysis at least, he stated.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 5: Well, you hate it when one of your best dudes changes teams, you know.
Speaker 6: So we'll get to a little bit later this hour. There's more info coming out. US officials say they have knowledge of an imminent attack Iran is planning on Israel ballistic missiles. The latest is that it's going to be similar to what happened back in April that was a big attack that it took an awful lot of technology in different countries to work together to thwart. So this could be happening, Well, it means, immin it could be happening.
Speaker 5: You need to and I'm anxious to hear what Mike has to say about what Israel is going to do next with Hesbelan how much this means to the region.
Speaker 1: Quick look back at baseball.
Speaker 5: Was just made aware of a me that's going around showing Pete Rose and then show Hey Otani the memes saying Pete Rose should have had an interpreter.
Speaker 6: Ah, you don't think that wasn't me?
Speaker 1: And that was my interpreter over there.
Speaker 6: You don't think show Hayes Betten, do you? I don't think he is, probably not. That's pretty funny joke.
Speaker 1: Though, Armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 6: So if you're into following hotspots around the world and knowing what's going on on a moment by moment basis, one of the best sites out there is osint defender. That's open source intelligence, which is followed by lots of smart people Barrywise, Tim Sandifer and Mike Lyons who were about to talk to and this is.
Speaker 1: What they say about today's news.
Speaker 6: US officials have stated that the Iranian attack against Israel will most likely begin in the next twelve to twenty four hours, involving hundreds of long rage ballistic missiles, as well as drones and cruise missiles launched against both military and intelligence to targets. Great Scott, sounds like quite an attack. Let's discuss that and other developments in the region. We seeing a military analyst, Mike Lyons who joins US now. Mike, how are you, sir?
Speaker 2: Hey, Monny, guys, great to be back.
Speaker 1: First of all, what's your reaction to those headlines?
Speaker 2: I'm going to be a little cynical here, and this is sounding like an Israeli id FOP. Why would the White House announce this? Why I'm not following this on some level, Why would the Why would they come out and say the level of attack is going to be that?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 2: I just don't understand it. It's almost to the point are they trying to Maybe they're prepping forces there, but this is something that they should be somewhat silent about. Is this a back channel to Iran? We you know, the senior wide of official. I'm looking at the Water Journal article says, a direct military attack from Rand against Israel Carrie severe consequences for a rant. So I think that's what that's that's what this is. It's it's that level of messaging. And now we're now hit deep in it. If we know this is going on, if this is what's what's happening here, this is what We're past the point of something that we're able to get out of here peacefully. This is not good on a lot of different levels. And I'm just really concerned that the United States decided to make this statement here. It might be true, it might not be true, but why the United States would put this out to me, seems like something that Israel would wanted us to do, and I'm just not getting it.
Speaker 6: Well, it certainly runs if if what you're saying is correct. It certainly runs counter to the things Joe Biden and the Secretary of State have been saying out loud, which is all about ceasfire, ceasefires, ceasefire.
Speaker 1: Israel don't go.
Speaker 2: In, yeah, I mean, they can't get off a plane fast enough in the Middle East. And the first thing that Anthony Lincoln says is we want to cease fire, and we want we want to de escalate situations. This comment is basically now an active war saying if you attack Israel, We're going to do something back at you. So again the whift song back and forth that the administration has has been somewhat troubling to begin with. It just goes back to there's not a consistency within this messaging. I mean, look, Israel's not a warfitting, no question about it. There's got minor incourasions now into Lebanon. There stated military objective is to move sixty thousand people back into the north, so they're not then I'll call two bar artillery range and that's within let's say twenty to thirty five kilometers from the border. They're always going to be subject to the long range strategic missiles and that's what iron domes for and all those other things. But going after the leadership of heads blood, now, you know, Iran is very exposed. And the only thing I'm thinking is that Uranians, the Israelis are going, you know what, we definitely this is the time for more. This is the time to destroy that nuclear capability. There's no better, no better time to do it than now. And that may be why I think they're leaning in that direction, but the United States is going to get dragged into this.
Speaker 5: It looks like, wow, Well, putting aside the confusing announcement and the muddled and inconsistent foreign policy of the Biden administration which has left US muddled and confused, that's interesting. The Wall Street Journal editorial board also calling for the US to seize the moment, put Iran and its proxies on the defensive. But they're talking about, you know, beating the hell out of the Houthis and Yemen, who, to my mind, the United States has been incredibly hesitant to.
Speaker 1: Do anything about.
Speaker 5: But right, well, why don't we talk about that for a minute, then we can talk about attacking.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about Yeah, I mean, the Houthi's been firing I guess the other day a couple dozen missiles, and my sources of the Navy telling me that they continue to shoot them down and they're working there. And then the Hoothi's fire at a drone is raelly drone. And what do the Israelis do? They turn around and destroy a petroleum plant in Yemen. So it just gets back to there's a lot of mis signals with regard to what exacts our postures and if our answers, we're going to turn around and start hammering people. It's all coming from the sky, my spear of this whole thing. Also, is this overreach that ends up happening. The same confidence that Vladimir Putin had about taking Ukraine three days, Well, the Israelis might think it's the same thing. They're going to do here and destroy the Iranian nuclear facilities in three days. And this over confidence, that's the thing I'm concerned about. Given right now that they've taken out the hes blog leadership, they've taken out those second third team levels, let that kind of let's take a moment see where that actually goes. And then maybe four the United States to focus back on who's these focus back on what's happening there as it continues to impeach shipping lanes across the Middle East and within the Red Sea.
Speaker 6: Well, we won't even get into because who knows who's actually making these decisions. I don't know at what moments and during the day Joe Biden's capable of making these decisions.
Speaker 1: Some days I'm sure he's times some days I think he is. But some days I'm sure he's not. So you got that issue out there.
Speaker 6: But is there ever going to be a better time for Israel to try to take out the nuclear program in Iran than now?
Speaker 2: No, And I think that's what their calculation is. I think it's exactly right as they They've done it in the past. They took out you know, OSRIC and eighty one, they took out the capability there than this in Syria. They've taken it out before in Iraq. So I think I don't think that there's a better time for it. Frankly, if I was, if I was the military advisor to the to the Prime Minsiter, I'd say, if we're going to do it now at the time, I mean last time when they fired back, when Iran fired three hundred missiles our way. Uh, they basically put a posted note on where the nuclear facilities was because they attacked the town, but they didn't attack the facility itself. It's going to be a difficult mission though, it's not going to once again get rid of the program, and we'll set it back, which is all all that's really happening is this is these attacks. Set back has bled, they set back well, God's I think is different I think Hamas has been pretty much stripped of all capability there there there, they would have a very difficult time in the army. But Hesbela is still different because of the amount of weapons they have and the amount of support they've gotten from Iran. They've been Iran's proxy jewel for the last twenty years, built specifically to do nothing but antagonized Israel. So this is where Israel said we've had enough and this is why they're going to try to destroy them. So Iran's explosed and now the time to do it well.
Speaker 5: And from the Israeli point of view, if Harris were winning to win the election, the lack of support would continue, and if Trump were to get elected, they would get a high five for having done what they did. So I don't see any reason to hesitate and wait for the US to come along. Hey, I want to go back to the Hesbela and their impressive arms, which we've talked about through the recent months. We've talked with you in the past about decapitation operations, you know, taking out leadership, but I mean this took out some of the key leadership and two levels below them.
Speaker 1: Has Bolas got to be an utter disarray right now. Don't you think.
Speaker 2: It's one thing to take out the one guy that's sitting in the answers the phone and whatever and gets blown up. But it's right, they've taken out multiple levels of command and control within within has a lot. I mean, if you saw those pictures on CNN of the attack where they were, you know, they just didn't take out the top ten guys there. They took out their staff, They took out all the other people that all the communications, I mean, the entire the casualties from that attack are have to be off the charts. And so yeah, there as they try to scramble, and again let's take a moment here and see what exactly comes of it, which is why Israel wants to take advantage of it right now, given the fact that lines of communications are cut within within Lebanon from there and Iran is very much exposed. So there's maybe small little militia groups that could go after you know, US forces maybe in certain places, but everything right now is very strategic over the horizon because again, if you look at a map, there's no other allies Ron has to go to war against Israel. All these other Arab entries don't have they don't have any military. They're not going to Gypsians aren't going to talk to Jordanians aren't going to There's no If this was forty years ago, yeah, the Syrians had a military and there was that capability, but that doesn't exist anymore. It's just a Ron versus Israel at this point, and it's going to come down to hooplinks first. I don't think it's going to be Israel.
Speaker 6: So if they're going to try to take out the nuclear facilities in Iran, they would use the same method they used to take out the leader Hesblo, wouldn't they Just the succession of those two thousand pounds bombs until you finally get far enough underground.
Speaker 2: It's likely what they would do. The program is very much spread out, though it's dispersed. They would have eleven or twelve targets there would They would take advantage of a very weak Iranian air defense system that is completely aged, hasn't been upgraded, hasn't hasn't had any kind of advances to it, So they would have that going for them, but eventually they wouldn't get it all. But that's likely what it would be. I think it's about eleven or twelve targets, so to speak. The place where they attacked last time was probably the most important place. That's where uranium is enriched. Right, three levels of creating a nuclear bomb. You know, mine it, enrich it, and then you obviously create the bomb. The enrichment is the key part of it. If they can take out that plan close to fourdoh, I think that's what it's called, that would be very significant, setting their program back.
Speaker 5: I know this sort of prediction making is silly, but in your mind, is it at one out of ten prospect that the Israelis do it, nine out of ten somewhere in between?
Speaker 2: I'd say six, six out of ten. I think it's going to depend on the next forty eight hours, what the what the Uranians do. If they don't follow through with this attack that we're saying is going to happen, I think it doesn't give Israel cause to do it. Israel won't necessarily preemptively strike just yet, as they've done in the past. Israel has preemptively struck its enemies in the past, but it's going to if they do strike. If the Iranians do strike, well, then that's going to open the door for or Israel to respond back, and it'll be a Tehrana. It'll be at this nuclear capability, I think.
Speaker 1: Quick exit question before we think and.
Speaker 2: When we're saying in the United States forms is now part of this because they'll will provide air defense systems of anything. That's eventually, once a round figures out it's getting attacked, it's going to start unleashing its missiles. The US will be hip deep in it to trying to defend Israel at that point.
Speaker 5: All right, quick exit question a different topic before we let you go, Mike. Given the lack of change, certainly for the Ukrainian side on the battlefield of late how soon do you expect to see serious negotiations for a peace deal taking place?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Russia seems to be digging in. Saw a report that said they want to fight this until twenty twenty six. It's going to take a negotiator to come in and see what Ukraine is willing to give up. As Russia continues to grind away and get the rest of Europe involved. Ukraine did taking that land in a few months back. Now it's going back in a couple of months. It hasn't really made a difference with regards to Russia's calculation. They still have more capacity, capability, and they can still you know, pretty much do what they want. They could grind Ukraine down. The question is whether Ukraine would be willing to give up those areas in the Dombas and Crimea. The number one thing that Russia wants is Crimea. They want complete control over its about to pull. They want complete control over that of the back sea, and that gives them a one more report. They have to have it.
Speaker 6: We keep asking you more questions when we tell you you're done. So I don't know if you saw this. I didn't see it till yesterday. Apparently Trump told a reporter recently, and he reiterated it yesterday that his deal with Putin is going to be here's the deal, and if you don't take it, I'm going to give Ukraine whatever they want.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah again that so that means, yeah, that would be pretty amazing. But I'm not sure the deal that would be. Well, So the question is whether the Ukrainians would give would want the deal, because that deal involves giving up land. The question about it, right, so whether Ukraine agrees with it remains to be seen. That might be true, but but Ukraine might not be willing to take their side of the deal. That's the only thing I could think of for that one.
Speaker 5: CNN military analyst Mike lyons, Mike, thanks so much for the time and and the thoughts, and we'll talk again soon.
Speaker 2: Great, I think for me.
Speaker 1: Yep, of course. Wow, that's something.
Speaker 6: So in the eighty one, monockem Began was Prime Minister at the time and he bombed the but Jesus out of their nuclear facilities or they would have gotten a bomb way way back then, and we went nuts over it in public. Eventually gave him a medal years later for doing what he did. So what the administration says out loud about Israel going aps is not necessarily what we think, right.
Speaker 5: And they're terrible at their jobs, so it is difficult to assess what they're doing and what they mean and what they don't need. You mean the White House, yes, boy, this is their their whole foreign policy team. So this is the level of attack that Open Sources reporting on. And then Mike Client says, well, we got to be in it because we're providing the air support to make this whole thing go away, Holy cow.
Speaker 1: This next twenty four or forty eight hours could be pretty exciting.
Speaker 5: And not because J. D. Vance is wrestling with the old coach on TV tonight talking about cat ladies and whatnot. Cat eaton the whole debate.
Speaker 6: If it happens before the debate, the whole debate, half the debate could be about this.
Speaker 1: It's entirely possible. Yes, heck of a thing.
Speaker 6: What are your thoughts text line four one five two nine five k FDC.
Speaker 1: In terms of the polling, you know, I don't. I don't believe any of the polls. I don't believe the polls that I like. I don't believe the polls I don't like.
Speaker 6: That's Charlie Hurt of Washington Examiner. Doesn't believe the poles he likes, doesn't believe the polls you don't like. Who knows how accurate the polls are, But we got a tied.
Speaker 1: Racing all of them. Okay, okay, okay. We have a debate tonight between the vice presidential candidates, which I don't think in the history of debates has ever moved the needle at all. I keep seeing.
Speaker 5: Will it entertain me? Is my only question? And I think it will on one level or enough for ninety minutes.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, I predict at the very end of the debate, they could all just sit there scrolling through their phones and nobody would notice because there'll be nobody watching the last half hour.
Speaker 5: Margaret Brennan could just say to JD, Hey, do you see this about Pete Rose.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't see that.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: In a little two feet chat.
Speaker 6: An hour in Margaret Brennan could say, Okay, I just got the word from the producers. There's nobody currently watching. We have the datus, so let's just let's just hang out here until the end. You start scrolling through your phone.
Speaker 5: I guess I can put my legs back behind the desk because there's nobody looking at them.
Speaker 6: That is something the modern news show where the women wear super short skirts, but they gotta have a glass desk and a high stool so that their legs can show. Yes, he wouldn't have thought we'd have gone that direction in the modern world. I got Harry legs. My point was going to be, if you haven't heard this, CBS announced that Margaret Brennan will not be doing fact checking. They're gonna leave the fact checking up to the candidates, which is what a debate is. So it's interesting that they're having to step out a line to get back in line with what debates are. That's the whole point of a debate is the two candidates argue with each other and present different facts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you hear that, David Muir, hope you choke on your kale shake in.
Speaker 6: Terms as opposed to the moderators jumping in with their facts randomly, uh uh and not accurately. I had another point. What was the point do oh? It just came across this. I don't know if this will come out in the debate tonight. The Harris price fixing campaign and all that sort of stuff. The economy's got to be part of it. It's the number one issue in America. Gallup poll just out more Americans give a negative view of grocery stores than a positive view for the first time since Gallup started asking about this many many decades ago. How would a majority of Americans have a negative view of grocery stores.
Speaker 1: Well, they do for the first.
Speaker 6: Time ever because of Kamala Harrison, Joe Biden coming out and saying it's the grocery stores that are screwing you. That's why the price of price of bacon is so high, That's why eggs are so high. The grocery stores are just greedy bastards stealing from you, and it drove down their positive ratings.
Speaker 5: There is no limit to the dishonesty in politics. I mean that's stating the obvious, but I mean they will lie about everything.
Speaker 6: And in this case it worked unbelievable. That sort of stuff polls well. Price fixing, rent control, claiming you're being gouged really polls well.
Speaker 1: I stand up for the humble grocery store.
Speaker 5: I don't care who's with me and who's against me. You can get a cucumber over there, yogurt over there, A delicious chunk of meat there in the back. Grocery store. Thumbs up, chunk of meat. Do you know what